PDA

View Full Version : The Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

Bad Collin
June 30th, 2010, 9:08 AM
She was was very popular there, she lit up the dressing room :ashamed:(i'm going to stop now)

Bluemoon
June 30th, 2010, 9:49 AM
£31m is a very good deal if Milner is worth £30m. If the little match girl had adjusted her prices like that maybe she would have sold more and not been beaten by her father.

Milner isn't and shouldn't be rated at that though.

Andy
June 30th, 2010, 12:53 PM
We're on the verge of signing someone I've never heard of.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_6236754,00.html

So that just leaves at least one more defender, a goalkeeper, two midfielders and a striker.

Winkle van Tinkle
June 30th, 2010, 1:23 PM
How many strikers do you want behind Van Persie, Chamakh, Bendtner, Eduardo and Vela? Ok, Vela, is never fit, and Eduardo needs to buck his fucking ideas up, but what striker would come knowing he'll be 3rd / 4th choice in what is essentially a 451 formation?

Winkle van Tinkle
June 30th, 2010, 1:29 PM
Milner isn't and shouldn't be rated at that though.

He's rated at whatever Villa say he is, to be fair. They essentially own him, and are saying thats his value, right or wrong?

Andy
June 30th, 2010, 2:50 PM
How many strikers do you want behind Van Persie, Chamakh, Bendtner, Eduardo and Vela? Ok, Vela, is never fit, and Eduardo needs to buck his fucking ideas up, but what striker would come knowing he'll be 3rd / 4th choice in what is essentially a 451 formation?

Well that's the point. Vela is never fit and barely gets a chance when he is and injury has ruined Eduardo unfortunately. If he can find his form again, fine. If not, I think we need one more.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 30th, 2010, 2:51 PM
3 strikers seems enough for one position, even if you discount Eduardo and Vela. Walcott can play as a striker too.

Hlebsfall
June 30th, 2010, 4:30 PM
I'd discount Bendtner as a striker as well.

MMH
June 30th, 2010, 4:39 PM
I'd discount Bendtner as a striker as well.

Nah Bendtner is good. Not as good as he thinks but nowhere near as bad as other people think either.

Simon
June 30th, 2010, 4:50 PM
If Bendtner was at any other side in the league he'd probably be quite highly rated. He just sticks out like a sore thumb amongst Arsenal's excellent technical football.

Winkle van Tinkle
June 30th, 2010, 4:53 PM
I think it was Martin Samuel who said "He's not as good as he thinks he is, but is better than what other people think he is"

Simon
June 30th, 2010, 4:55 PM
Martin Samuel is a fat cunt.

Winkle van Tinkle
June 30th, 2010, 4:56 PM
Well that's the point. Vela is never fit and barely gets a chance when he is and injury has ruined Eduardo unfortunately. If he can find his form again, fine. If not, I think we need one more.

As ECG, we have 3 decent forwards, discounting Eduardo and Vela. Plus I see Watt even getting a few run outs this season, as Wenger rates him highly. Walcott can play there too.

We've got much bigger needs than a forward, and i hope he isnt looking for one right now.

Winkle van Tinkle
June 30th, 2010, 4:56 PM
Martin Samuel is a fat cunt.

Great teeth and hairline though....

Simon
June 30th, 2010, 5:05 PM
HEY.

Bluemoon
June 30th, 2010, 5:46 PM
He's rated at whatever Villa say he is, to be fair. They essentially own him, and are saying thats his value, right or wrong?

Yeah I know it's right but it shouldn't be.

Mik
June 30th, 2010, 6:16 PM
I think it was Martin Samuel who said "He's not as good as he thinks he is, but is better than what other people think he is"

Nah, it was MMH who said it.

Nah Bendtner is good. Not as good as he thinks but nowhere near as bad as other people think either.

See?

Ringo
June 30th, 2010, 6:46 PM
Spanish media is reporting that the Silva deal is more like £26m. Not sure that £31m would be particularly outrageous anyway though.

Andy
June 30th, 2010, 7:01 PM
Yeah Bendtner's not bad, people forget he's only 22 aswell.

Still not sure how much I like these Schwarzer rumours, we should go for Hart.

Ringo
June 30th, 2010, 7:06 PM
Yeah, you really should. Sure, Schwarzer has been a beast for a while now and would do a good job while Arsene waits for Szcesny or whoever, but Hart has proven himself, has little hope of ousting Given at City and is pretty much nailed on to take over as England number one for the foreseeable future. Would be perfect.

Andy
June 30th, 2010, 9:09 PM
Yep, really don't see why we wouldn't go for it. I'm sure if we were in for him he would want to come too, so I couldn't see him costing that much anyway. Frustrating.

Ringo
July 1st, 2010, 6:59 AM
So apparently Santos have rejected a £12.5m bid from West Ham for Neymar.

Interesting.

BBF
July 1st, 2010, 7:00 AM
I thought he was going to you guys anyway?

Ringo
July 1st, 2010, 11:31 AM
Nah, nothing more than the usual rumours. Real Madrid has got to be his most likely destination.

Ringo
July 1st, 2010, 8:20 PM
Benayoun done apparently. £6m.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 1st, 2010, 8:26 PM
Yeah, you really should. Sure, Schwarzer has been a beast for a while now and would do a good job while Arsene waits for Szcesny or whoever, but Hart has proven himself, has little hope of ousting Given at City and is pretty much nailed on to take over as England number one for the foreseeable future. Would be perfect.

We'd only ruin him like Richard Wright.

Bad Collin
July 1st, 2010, 8:41 PM
Benayoun done apparently. £6m.

Boooo!

jesus sucks
July 2nd, 2010, 4:34 AM
not massively bothered, peaked in the 08/09 season where he was amazing. went downhill last year and he's 30 now so that's when the little injuries start happening for those types of player. let him go.

know he scored the winner in the bernabau but this was my favourite Benayoun moment. i don't think i've ever went as mental for a goal before as this. it was pandemonium.

YouTube- Fulham 0-1 Liverpool (Benayoun Goal)

Chris Scott
July 2nd, 2010, 5:05 AM
Hahaha yes, everyone went mental for that goal. I remember we battered them but couldn't bang the ball into until Yossi popped up.

Andy
July 2nd, 2010, 7:38 AM
Apparently Per Mertesacker has rejected a move to Arsenal. If true, it's quite pleasing. Partly because he's always looked like a bombscare whenever I've seen him but also because it at least we're looking into getting another established defender.

Andy
July 2nd, 2010, 8:08 AM
Arsene Wenger has stated his admiration for Japan star Keisuke Honda following his performances at the World Cup.

The CSKA Moscow attacking midfielder has proved to be one of the most outstanding performers in the tournament, scoring two goals and providing one, despite his side's exit on penalties in the second round to Paraguay.

Honda has been a revelation since moving to Europe, where he joined Dutch side VVV Venlo to become the team's talisman, before making the move to Russia and seeing his reputation rise further in South Africa.

The 24-year-old has already been linked with the likes of Liverpool and Tottenham despite only signing for CSKA last December, however Arsenal boss Wenger was not short of praise for Honda, hailing him as the finest performer of the finals so far, in a comment that may prompt speculation of a move to bring him to the Emirates.

"This Japanese team is based on a solid and collective defence in which everybody knows exactly what to do," he told Eurosport.

"When they get the ball they can give it to Honda - and the magic starts.

"When they get that genius Honda playing up front, he had shown what a top class player he is. For me he's the best performer of the competition so far."

Fucking hell, it's not like Wenger to spunk over a player like that.

turdpower
July 2nd, 2010, 8:25 AM
Lost in translation perhaps?

Andy
July 2nd, 2010, 10:03 AM
Quite possibly, seems odd.

Alf
July 2nd, 2010, 10:03 AM
Doesn't he pretty much always comment on players?

Andy
July 2nd, 2010, 10:08 AM
I've never seen him call anyone a genius and a top class player out of the blue like that.

Simon
July 2nd, 2010, 10:28 AM
Do Arsenal need another non-winger wide man?

Andy
July 2nd, 2010, 10:31 AM
We could probably do with one. Rosicky isn't the same player so we only really have Arshavin and Nasri.

Ringo
July 2nd, 2010, 12:34 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_6241931,00.html

Apparently we were looking into signing him but Man City have come in to bring him to Eastlands. We'll have to get used to that. As highly rated as he is, not sure I'd want to pay £26m for a defender who's only played in the Portuguese league.

Gary J
July 2nd, 2010, 2:47 PM
Ricardo Carvalho worked out ok and he had only played in the portugese league.

It worked out better then the Kings Marriage in The Wild Swans anyway of course that was destined to fail since she was a witch and it was part of a evil scheme of hers.

Ringo
July 2nd, 2010, 4:04 PM
Carvalho had performed at international level and in the Champions League though, where he was brilliant. And he cost £10m less.

Andy
July 2nd, 2010, 5:38 PM
West Ham have had bids of over £10m for Neymar and Remy accepted apparently. Where are they getting this money from?! Nexct club to go bust?

Bad Collin
July 2nd, 2010, 5:41 PM
Gold and Sullivan have loads of Money, money, yeah, yeah.

Ringo
July 2nd, 2010, 5:45 PM
Well apparently we're behind the Neymar deal. Don't know where you heard they had bids accepted though..?

Andy
July 2nd, 2010, 5:54 PM
Sorry, misread one of the Sky Sports articles. In talks with Neymar (does that mean the bid's been accepted?) and already lodged a bid of £10m plus for Remy.

Ringo
July 2nd, 2010, 5:57 PM
Yeah, thought you did. Thanks a lot Andy. Great effort.

Anyway, the Neymar situation is pretty complicated. Apparently his ownership is split 60/40 between Santos and a consortium. His release fee is £28m, but supposedly £20m would be enough. I don't know if West Ham would be buying just Santos' share or what. The Brazilian press reckon Chelsea are funding the move like we did with Alex and he'd essentially be on a loan to West Ham. All conjecture though. They said the same thing about Tevez.

Andy
July 2nd, 2010, 6:03 PM
I hope you're not being serious you fucking cunt. :) How good is this Neymar bloke meant to be then? Supposedly there was uproar in France that Remy didn't go to the WC so presumably he's pretty handy.

MMH
July 2nd, 2010, 6:05 PM
Clubs like West Ham will never learn.

What a fucking stupid signing that would be.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 2nd, 2010, 6:06 PM
Shut up MMH, it worked a treat for them with Savi...oh.

Ringo
July 2nd, 2010, 6:08 PM
Serious? Which bit? :D

He's meant to be pretty fucking good. New Ronaldinho etc. Tearing shit up at Santos with Robinho and Ganso. Obscene skills. Looks like he's bulked up a bit, but he's still ridiculously skinny. Still, the likes of Pato and Ronaldinho were too when they came to Europe.

http://pitacodogringo.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/neymar-and-pele.jpg

Ridiculous photo. :lol:

Ringo
July 2nd, 2010, 6:10 PM
Clubs like West Ham will never learn.

What a fucking stupid signing that would be.

How so? They originally bid £12m, we don't know yet how high they'll go. If they'd got him for that they'd most likely end up at least doubling their money when he does move on to a top club. Not a bad piece of business...

MMH
July 2nd, 2010, 8:24 PM
How so? They originally bid £12m, we don't know yet how high they'll go. If they'd got him for that they'd most likely end up at least doubling their money when he does move on to a top club. Not a bad piece of business...

Nah its a stupid move. 12M for a club who has had money troubles on a young South American who has proved nothing yet and hardly anyone from South America comes over here and does well, especially at a club like West ham.

If he moves he will be arse and end up fucking up his own career before leaving on a free and ending up in Qatar or something.

Its not as bad as them trying to sign Theirry Henry and Luca Toni but still a weird move.

Andy
July 2nd, 2010, 9:47 PM
hardly anyone from South America comes over here and does well, especially at a club like West ham.

:chin:

MMH
July 2nd, 2010, 10:33 PM
:chin:

Tevez? He did Ok for them.

Andy
July 2nd, 2010, 11:02 PM
Yeah, he was alright. :D

da_man
July 3rd, 2010, 3:13 AM
After taking 6 months to score a goal. A period where they sunk to the bottom of the league.

Andy
July 3rd, 2010, 9:57 AM
He never got a game in the first six months though. Neither did Mascherano, at all. It was all pretty strange.

Simon
July 3rd, 2010, 9:59 AM
Tevez did.

Andy
July 3rd, 2010, 10:02 AM
Was he not only coming on as sub for a long time? Either way, I don't think it's a stretch to call his stint at West Ham a success.

da_man
July 3rd, 2010, 10:56 AM
Joao Moutinho has moved to Porto from Sporting Lisbon.

Andy
July 3rd, 2010, 11:13 AM
Strange one. Always found it a bit odd that nobody's ever taken a punt on him or Veloso.

Simon
July 3rd, 2010, 11:22 AM
Veloso was never that good. Moutinho looked a natural successor to Deco at one point but he didn't even make the squad for this World Cup so presumably it's never quite happened for him.

turdpower
July 3rd, 2010, 1:02 PM
Those players always have the 20m price tag around them. That's a bit more than a punt, really.

Simon
July 4th, 2010, 7:47 AM
Can't wait for the mad dash to sign players as soon as the World Cup is over. Loads of big links at the moment, with Sergio Ramos saying he expect Madrid to sign Ashley Cole and Steven Gerrard, Suarez talking up a move to United, Chelsea making contact with Ramires of Benfica, City apparently about to spend £26m on some cunt from Portugal that no one has ever heard of, Ashley Young linked with a sideways step to Liverpool (should have joined us while he had the chance :D), Villa linked with Eduardo and loads more.

:hyper:

da_man
July 4th, 2010, 7:52 AM
Kris Boyd is signing for Boro on a free.

Surprised a midtable Premier League club hasn't taken a punt on him. The sheer volume of goals he scored in Scotland surely makes him worth a (pretty low-risk) gamble.

jesus sucks
July 4th, 2010, 8:00 AM
we're a bigger club than aston villa. we'll always be a bigger club than Aston Villa as far as i'm concerned, i don't care what anyone says. i reckon he'd fancy the move. he's only got about 18 months left on his contract iirc. if/when we sell Mascherano i'd love us to sign Young with some of the money. we're at the start of a new regime and will be sold within the next few months. that's the kind of time a club is attractive to players wanting to make the next step up.

Bad Collin
July 4th, 2010, 8:16 AM
If we sell Gerrard for £30 mil and get Young and a right winger we have the makings of a decent squad. We will need to make sure the Jovanovic deal goes through though otherwise we will need another striker too.

Selling Gerrard would be controversial but everyone has a price.

Edit: Just checked and he is definitely coming: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1290836/Milan-Jovanovic-plays-Kop-fears-Serbia-striker-pledges-future-Liverpool.html

Simon
July 4th, 2010, 8:18 AM
Jovanovic isn't a striker is he? Thought he was a winger, certainly he was playing on the wing for Slovenia.

Bad Collin
July 4th, 2010, 8:24 AM
You are getting confused Si, Jovanovic is Serbian. He scored against Germany. If he hits form this season the Kop will go berserk - Huss Huss!

jesus sucks
July 4th, 2010, 8:25 AM
yeah Jovanovic is a winger. was watching his videos online a few days ago and he was on the wing looked decent. quite skillful.

Simon
July 4th, 2010, 8:29 AM
Sorry I meant Serbia but he played on the wing didn't he?

Bad Collin
July 4th, 2010, 8:32 AM
It's not my fault! Didn't see much of Serbia this time around, Bad Collin has only seen him listed as a striker. He has scored 52 in 116 for Liege and 10 in 29 for Serbia which is pretty excellent for a winger!

Darkoke
July 4th, 2010, 9:03 AM

Surprised a midtable Premier League club hasn't taken a punt on him. The sheer volume of goals he scored in Scotland surely makes him worth a (pretty low-risk) gamble.

The vast majority of his goals came against the "lesser" teams in the SPL.

Simon
July 4th, 2010, 9:04 AM
So basically he didn't score all his goals against Celtic?

Darkoke
July 4th, 2010, 9:07 AM
Celtic, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen I think he did score a few against Dundee Utd.

Basically he scored a lot of goals against teams in the bottom half of the table.

Ringo
July 4th, 2010, 3:14 PM
Simon Kjaer is off to Wolfsburg for £11.5m apparently. Was expecting a bigger club to sign him to be honest. Everybody wants to work for Steve McClaren apparently.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11854_6244827,00.html

Lazurus
July 4th, 2010, 3:31 PM
We were linked with him, mainly because they kept saying we wanted him. £11.5m seems a bit steep to me.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 5th, 2010, 6:27 AM
Read something wrong there and almost destroyed myself with a reply.

Simon
July 5th, 2010, 6:29 AM
What were you going to say? Come on, out with it.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 5th, 2010, 6:34 AM
I read da_man's post wrong about Moutinho, thought he was saying he'd joined Sporting from Porto. I did a smug reply correcting him before I realised just as I hit reply that my eyes had deceived me.

Simon
July 5th, 2010, 6:37 AM
I think you would have had to leave the boards forever, and for years to come people would call it "Gatistoing yourself".

The Rosk
July 5th, 2010, 7:54 AM
Can't wait for the mad dash to sign players as soon as the World Cup is over. Loads of big links at the moment, with Sergio Ramos saying he expect Madrid to sign Ashley Cole and Steven Gerrard, Suarez talking up a move to United, Chelsea making contact with Ramires of Benfica, City apparently about to spend £26m on some cunt from Portugal that no one has ever heard of, Ashley Young linked with a sideways step to Liverpool (should have joined us while he had the chance :D), Villa linked with Eduardo and loads more.

Doesn't look good for us when we're being linked with an average striker and our best two players are being talked up for rivals.

Not one rumour going around about us signing anyone else :lol:

GO ON MON GET SIMON DAVIES AND LEE HUGHES IN

Yeah pretty shocked at this too. Fulham could have been a good slot for him I reckon.

we're a bigger club than aston villa. we'll always be a bigger club than Aston Villa as far as i'm concerned, i don't care what anyone says. i reckon he'd fancy the move. he's only got about 18 months left on his contract iirc. if/when we sell Mascherano i'd love us to sign Young with some of the money. we're at the start of a new regime and will be sold within the next few months. that's the kind of time a club is attractive to players wanting to make the next step up.

You are a bigger club than us, but you are on a downhill slope. Bringing in Woy won't change this massively, let's be honest. But you certainly seem to be doing better in the market than we are so Young wouldn't be too stupid to go to you if you bring in a few more decent players.

Bluemoon
July 6th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Joe Cole at Melwood now for talks with Liverpool.

Simon
July 6th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Why the hell would he go all the way up to Liverpool to get advice on who would be best to join out of Spurs and Arsenal?

Bad Collin
July 6th, 2010, 10:42 AM

Bad Collin would love it if we signed Cole.

The Torres rumours are starting to gather momentum now that the World cup is nearly over. Appaz Chelsea have offered £50 million and we are holding out for £70, Bad Collin doesn't want to see him go but we could rebuild the squad with that kind of money.

With Roy's eye for a bargain there aint no stopping us noooooooooooow.

Ringo
July 6th, 2010, 10:44 AM
I seriously doubt we've offered £50m. There's no real evidence to suggest we've ever offered more than £30m for a player, not even in the early days of Roman's rule, certainly can't see us offering that sort of money now that we've tightened the purse strings.

Lazurus
July 6th, 2010, 10:46 AM
The fact that you PAID £30.8m for Shevchenko suggests that you may have offered more than £30m at least once.

Ringo
July 6th, 2010, 10:46 AM
LOL

Lazurus
July 6th, 2010, 10:48 AM
I've just Wiki'd Chelsea's highest ten transfers. You paid £21m for SWP and £17m for for Damien Duff.

Fucking hell.

Ringo
July 6th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Duff was great for two seasons, SWP was probably the worst purchase ever though.

turdpower
July 6th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Didn't Chelsea go mental in the early days and offer 70m for Raul and Henry etc?

Ringo
July 6th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Thems were the RUMOURS. Probably all bollocks though. £100m for Vieira and Henry! £70m for Raul! £50m for Gerrard!

The Rosk
July 6th, 2010, 10:54 AM
£50 million for Torres. Rip their hands off now.

turdpower
July 6th, 2010, 10:56 AM
I can't remember who it was on SSN, but he said Torres to Chelsea is an odd one because of the system they play (good point), but perhaps they should buy him anyway so others clubs can't :wtf:

El Capitano Gatisto
July 6th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Liverpool should definitely think about that for Torres. He's a good finisher but he's made of glass and he's had so many injuries, his pace may not be coming back. I don't think he's a £50 million player without the extra change of pace.

Simon
July 6th, 2010, 11:07 AM
I can't remember who it was on SSN, but he said Torres to Chelsea is an odd one because of the system they play (good point), but perhaps they should buy him anyway so others clubs can't :wtf:

It's not that odd really, it was quite widely reported that this was why they signed SWP - they spend £21m on him when Arsenal and Liverpool were in for him, then barely used him. In any case I don't see that it's true that he can't play that system, he's a different player to Drogba but he's still one who would thrive on a 4-5-1 if it was played the right way.

ECG, I don't know if you can write him off like that, he missed a shitload of games last season but still ended up with 18 league goals, the joint-sixth highest and having played far less games than others. £50m is still a huge sum of money though so it would be worth it for Liverpool - I just think he's far from a busted flush.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 6th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but he has had recurrent ankle and groin problems, hasn't he? And the injury from which he has just returned was surgery to treat a cartilage problem? The cartilage problem is one in particular which is likely to be with him now for the rest of his career. I mean to say, I think without his pace he is still a very good player and will still score goals, but he would not be worth £50 million+. Liverpool should play hardball over him because he's tied down for some time yet, but if he still looks as off the pace in training when he gets back as he does now, they should think about cutting their losses. He doesn't just look unfit at this World Cup, he looks as if his acceleration has completely deserted him.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 6th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Barcelona have sold Chrygynsky back to Shaktar for just over half of what they bought him for. He wasn't very good for them, they're obviously cutting their losses but maybe also gathering up cash for a Fabregas bid.

Simon
July 6th, 2010, 11:52 AM
I am on the bus so will respond to the Torres thing later (sorry to disappoint) but re. the Ukranian lad, unless I'm mistaken Sid Lowe said yesterday they were selling him back for double what they bought him for. Must have misread it this way makes much more sense. I think I saw him play once all season for them.

I would have thought the sale of Toure pretty much guarantees that they will push the Fabs deal through, although they have been linked with Ozil who can also play the creative midfield role, a back up plan I guess.

BBF
July 6th, 2010, 11:54 AM
If Chelsea offer anything more than £35m for Torres then Liverpool should bite their hand off.

They could rebuild their squad and actually work at becoming a team instead of 2 men. If I was Hodgson I consider selling Torres and Gerrard if they can get £60-70m for the both.

The Rosk
July 6th, 2010, 11:57 AM
£35 million. NOT INTERESTED

£35.1 million SHOW ME THE FUCKING MONEY

BBF
July 6th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Pedantic sexy bastard.

Simon
July 6th, 2010, 11:59 AM
I'd go mad and offer 35.6. They won't know where I'm coming from - is it a derisory increase? Is it a final offer? Who the hell knows? Or cares? So many questions.

Andy
July 6th, 2010, 12:41 PM
We're being pretty stubborn in our attitude towards Fabregas. All the official statements are saying we definitely won't sell, while most rumours say we won't accept less than £55m. I'm not really sure how I feel about it all, would obviously be gutted to see him go, but £50m+ would probably be silly to say no to.

Lazurus
July 6th, 2010, 12:47 PM
They'll bump the offer to something like £37.5m + up to £10m in add ons; it'll be accepted and he'll go and then they won't disclose the fee and we'll all make our own minds up about what it was.

Simon
July 6th, 2010, 12:58 PM
From a fan's point of view I would be gutted to see him go because history suggests Wenger will only spend a portion of it and not necessarily on the players you need. With Nasri and Ramsey around I think you could spend the money better by not replacing him. A goalkeeper and partner for Vermaelen would be better buys. But would Wenger buy two 25m ready made class acts with the Fabregas money? Probably not.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 6th, 2010, 1:06 PM
There's very few of those going anyway. Yaya Toure went for at least double what he is actually worth, for example. £25 million doesn't get you much player right now with the way things are at the moment with a few clubs able to pay anything and the rest not having a pot to piss in.

Bluemoon
July 6th, 2010, 3:06 PM
Feel sorry for the City fans in the heavens next season trying to figure out which Toure is who.

Andy
July 6th, 2010, 3:37 PM
I'd be shocked if there was more than one playing - Kolo's past it.

Lazurus
July 6th, 2010, 3:56 PM

And Yaya's not really that good.

Ringo
July 6th, 2010, 3:57 PM
He's pretty damn good.

Lazurus
July 6th, 2010, 4:03 PM
He's OK.

turdpower
July 6th, 2010, 4:08 PM
I hope The Sun sports headline is right today :happysad:

Lazurus
July 6th, 2010, 4:10 PM
I hope The Sun sports headline is right today :happysad:

Which is?

Winkle van Tinkle
July 6th, 2010, 4:17 PM
Laz has aids of the big fucking nose.

Lazurus
July 6th, 2010, 4:22 PM
Why would that be in the sport section?

Bluemoon
July 6th, 2010, 4:32 PM

Nah he will still play his part. I still think he's a good defender.

MikeHunt
July 6th, 2010, 4:40 PM
watching ssn right now and the clown fans on there dreaming about players that they want their clubs to sign.

One stupid newcastle fan said muller and villa.

fuck me what a bunch of morons

MMH
July 6th, 2010, 4:43 PM
watching ssn right now and the clown fans on there dreaming about players that they want their clubs to sign.

One stupid newcastle fan said muller and villa.

fuck me what a bunch of morons

Gerd and Ricky surely?

Chris Scott
July 6th, 2010, 6:03 PM

Hahahaha was that doing the rounds or what.

Chris Scott
July 6th, 2010, 6:07 PM
I would take Young any day, great little player. Get Cole for nothing as well and thats not a bad 3 behind torres if he stays.

Kuyt* * * *Cole* * * * *Young

* * * * * *Torres* * * * * *

With gerrard and Aquilani as the 2 deeper ones. Should be able to pick up Young and somebody like Cattermole as cover for gerrard with the money from Mascherano.

Lazurus
July 6th, 2010, 6:11 PM
Not sure Luke Young would offer great cover for Gerrard mate.

Ringo
July 6th, 2010, 6:12 PM
Gerrard that far back? :wtf:

Also Aquilani holding would be pointless. Why spend £16m on a talented attacking midfield player only to have him hold?

jesus sucks
July 6th, 2010, 6:18 PM
I would take Young any day, great little player. Get Cole for nothing as well and thats not a bad 3 behind torres if he stays.

With gerrard and Aquilani as the 2 deeper ones. Should be able to pick up Young and somebody like Cattermole as cover for gerrard with the money from Mascherano.

i was thinking earlier that we should just tell Torres he is staying unless we get that 70m bid. alot of people are saying he's not worth it now after a poor world cup, but fuck them. he was worth that 4 weeks ago as far as we were concerned. tell him he's signed a contract at Liverpool FC with 3 years left on it and he's staying, and that if he works hard and puts in the effort for us & has a good season he will be worth 70m again in a year and he has permission to leave then. we've payed him 150 grand a week while he has sat out for a third of his time here, so unlike Gerrard i feel he owes us another year. Gerrard has earned the right to leave if he wishes but Torres hasn't.

Chris Scott
July 6th, 2010, 6:42 PM
Gerrard that far back? :wtf:

Also Aquilani holding would be pointless. Why spend £16m on a talented attacking midfield player only to have him hold?

To be honest if we get a good offer like around the £10m mark then we will probably sell Aquilani.

I wouldn't say Gerrard is that far back if we played like that, yeah he would have to do a bit of defending but he's done that plenty of times, get in a proper def cm and it would be fine.

Chris Scott
July 6th, 2010, 6:43 PM
Not sure Luke Young would offer great cover for Gerrard mate.

You don't think so?

Chris Scott
July 6th, 2010, 6:45 PM
i was thinking earlier that we should just tell Torres he is staying unless we get that 70m bid. alot of people are saying he's not worth it now after a poor world cup, but fuck them. he was worth that 4 weeks ago as far as we were concerned. tell him he's signed a contract at Liverpool FC with 3 years left on it and he's staying, and that if he works hard and puts in the effort for us & has a good season he will be worth 70m again in a year and he has permission to leave then. we've payed him 150 grand a week while he has sat out for a third of his time here, so unlike Gerrard i feel he owes us another year. Gerrard has earned the right to leave if he wishes but Torres hasn't.

If he goes....he goes.

Nah I see what your on about, hopefully he stays and see's how this season plays out.

The Rosk
July 6th, 2010, 6:49 PM
If you get Young I will double the 96.

Chris Scott
July 6th, 2010, 6:54 PM
You know we won't get him anyway.

The Rosk
July 6th, 2010, 6:56 PM
If you get Young I will double the 96.

This looks horrible by the way.

Chris Scott
July 6th, 2010, 7:01 PM
Yeah Young wants in on this

(New Signing from championship) Petrov - Reo Coker - Young

Heskey - Gabby

Lazurus
July 6th, 2010, 7:17 PM
Why is Young taking this step down to join Liverpool anyway?

MikeHunt
July 6th, 2010, 7:23 PM

70 MILLION!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.........................HA!
YOU MUST BE FUCKING JOKING!

The Rosk
July 7th, 2010, 5:29 AM
Yeah Young wants in on this

(New Signing from championship) Petrov - Reo Coker - Young

Heskey - Gabby

Mate you missed DJ Downing :cool:

Still finished above your bunch of shite last year...

BBF
July 7th, 2010, 5:33 AM
To be honest if we get a good offer like around the £10m mark then we will probably sell Aquilani.

I wouldn't say Gerrard is that far back if we played like that, yeah he would have to do a bit of defending but he's done that plenty of times, get in a proper def cm and it would be fine.

Mascherano?

The Rosk
July 7th, 2010, 5:33 AM
A couple of sources still pushing the Milner to Man City deal. Few suggesting Onouha + Ireland + £15 million is what we are aiming for. Again I think that is utterly ridiculous and we should take that. But fucking hell can't we just buy someone else and become a brilliant team no OK then let's go for Bobby Zamora.

Simon
July 7th, 2010, 5:35 AM
Ireland is potentially a better player than Milner anyway, even if he is utterly mad.

The Rosk
July 7th, 2010, 5:43 AM
I wouldn't know about that. Milner has improved every year and shows now signs of stopping. Different players anyway.

Simon
July 7th, 2010, 5:49 AM
Ireland at his best (2008/09) was better than Milner at his best (2009/10), although the fact that Milner has improved whereas Ireland has gone backwards means you'd probably prefer to have Milner. But Ireland hasn't just gone shit overnight, and if he got a fresh start he would surely be a good player again. I'd take £15m plus Ireland if I was in O'Neill's position, Onuoha is neither here nor there. Potentially a good player as well though.

The Rosk
July 7th, 2010, 5:54 AM
Well he's young and black so I think that might swing O'Neill.

Hopefully someone can take Heskey off us soon. Such a waste of fucking sperm.

Lazurus
July 7th, 2010, 5:57 AM
The newspapers this morning are reporting that Joe Cole has turned down Liverpool because he doesn't want to leave London.

He has two offers left; one is Arsenal on £115k a week and the other is Spurs with £60k a week plus bonus'.

Simon
July 7th, 2010, 5:58 AM
Sadly for Villa I think the only manager in the league who would touch him with a bargepole at the moment is O'Neill.

Simon
July 7th, 2010, 5:58 AM
The newspapers this morning are reporting that Joe Cole has turned down Liverpool because he doesn't want to leave London.

He has two offers left; one is Arsenal on £115k a week and the other is Spurs with £60k a week plus bonus'.

The bonus being "not having to play for the cunts down the road"

The Rosk
July 7th, 2010, 6:03 AM
Sadly for Villa I think the only manager in the league who would touch him with a bargepole at the moment is O'Neill.

Well apparently Stoke are interested.

Bad Collin
July 7th, 2010, 6:34 AM
We are in for Bryan Ruiz who scored 24 goals for Twente last season, £13 million seems a lot though. He is faster than a hiccup.

Lazurus
July 7th, 2010, 6:44 AM
I'm fairly confident that you could score 24 goals in Holland mate.

Simon
July 7th, 2010, 7:03 AM
We are in for Bryan Ruiz who scored 24 goals for Twente last season, £13 million seems a lot though. He is faster than a hiccup.

So you're signing a goalscoring winger who is lightning quick and looks the business in Holland. There's nothing to suggest that won't work out.

jesus sucks
July 7th, 2010, 7:05 AM
since when have Arsenal payed people 115k a week? sounds like total shite.

Simon
July 7th, 2010, 7:06 AM
Arsenal's wages have been sky high for years, they make up for it by never spending any of the money they bring in by selling their best players to bigger clubs.

Lazurus
July 7th, 2010, 7:07 AM
I think the last year end accounts thing showed Arsenal paying close to twice what we spend on wages although there were people assuring us that they had quite a low wage cap like we do.

Lazurus
July 7th, 2010, 7:12 AM
A quick google finds and article saying that player wages passed £2m a week for the 2007/08 season; not sure if stats for 08/09 are out yet but based on 40 first team players the average wage in the 2007/08 season would be £50kpw.

Assuming that a lot of their players will be on nowhere near £50k back then and some increase in wages in the last two seasons I would say it seems very likely that some players at Arsenal would be paid more than £100kpw by now.

jesus sucks
July 7th, 2010, 7:16 AM
suppose they'll have the Fabregas money for wages too. forgot about that.

if i was Joe Cole i wouldn't leave London for here either, and i don't think he is worth the wages. another player who gets injured too much. already got 3 or 4 of them so don't really need another. good to see Hodgson showing some ambition on the transfer market though. same with Ashley Young. when these sorts of players come up for sale i want to see us in the bidding.

The Rosk
July 7th, 2010, 7:18 AM
Ashley Young is young and good and English. Unfortunately this will make his value go mental so it's unlikely you will get anywhere near him.

jesus sucks
July 7th, 2010, 7:26 AM
we might get sold before august then we will buy just Ashley Young easily.

The Rosk
July 7th, 2010, 7:26 AM
Yeah fingers crossed mate!!

JIJ
July 7th, 2010, 7:33 AM
A quick google finds and article saying that player wages passed £2m a week for the 2007/08 season; not sure if stats for 08/09 are out yet but based on 40 first team players the average wage in the 2007/08 season would be £50kpw.

Assuming that a lot of their players will be on nowhere near £50k back then and some increase in wages in the last two seasons I would say it seems very likely that some players at Arsenal would be paid more than £100kpw by now.

source

Lazurus
July 7th, 2010, 7:37 AM
source

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/arsenal/2988094/Arsenal-wage-bill-goes-past-100m-Football.html

Chris Scott
July 7th, 2010, 7:44 AM
Mascherano?

Inter bound with Rafa.

Andy
July 7th, 2010, 9:18 AM
As far as I know, only Fabregas, van Persie, Arshavin and Gallas (last year) are one more than £100k/week. Even still I've never read anyone being on as much as £115k. Where did you hear we'd offered him that?

Lazurus
July 7th, 2010, 9:49 AM
It was in the Metro. I'll see if they have it online.

Lazurus
July 7th, 2010, 9:50 AM
Yeah here you go...

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/834304-joe-cole-will-reject-liverpool-offer-to-join-arsenal-or-spurs

Winkle van Tinkle
July 7th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Is that the same metro that said he signed a 3 year deal a month ago?

The £115k will be structured the same way that the Sol Campbell deal was, when we got him for free.

Cole is one of those players that most teams would probably want, but if he signs for someone else you're not too bothered. I'm not really fussed either way.

Liverpool should sell Torres. You don't have a pot to piss in, and a shit squad. Sell him and bring in 3 different players for the £40m you'd get for him.

The Rosk
July 7th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Nah Winkle they're buying Ashley Young mate!!!

Winkle van Tinkle
July 7th, 2010, 10:49 AM
I'm just not really sure who they think they are mate. 7th best team in the land, no money, small fry manager, chaos in the boardroom. But they are shocked that they didn't get mourinho, think they could have got David silva and Villa, and will now get Young. Idiots.

The Rosk
July 7th, 2010, 10:55 AM
1 GK Diego Cavalieri
2 DF Glen Johnson
4 MF Alberto Aquilani
5 DF Daniel Agger
8 MF Steven Gerrard (captain)
9 FW Fernando Torres
11 MF Albert Riera
16 DF Sotirios Kyrgiakos
17 MF Maxi Rodríguez
18 FW Dirk Kuyt
19 FW Ryan Babel
21 MF Lucas
22 DF Emiliano Insúa
23 DF Jamie Carragher (vice-captain)
24 FW David N'Gog
25 GK Pepe Reina
26 MF Jay Spearing
27 DF Philipp Degen
28 MF Damien Plessis
29 FW Krisztián Németh
30 GK Charles Itandje
31 MF Nabil El Zhar
32 DF Stephen Darby
34 DF Martin Kelly
36 DF Steve Irwin
37 DF Martin Škrtel
39 FW Nathan Eccleston
40 DF Daniel Ayala
41 GK Martin Hansen
42 GK Péter Gulácsi
43 GK Dean Bouzanis
45 MF Alex Kacaniklic
46 MF David Amoo
47 FW Daniel Pacheco
48 MF Gerardo Bruna
49 DF Jack Robinson
— MF Jonjo Shelvey
— FW Milan Jovanović

:lol:

Lazurus
July 7th, 2010, 11:02 AM
If Liverpool went bust and all those players came up for free transfers I'm not sure more than half a dozen of them would get signed up by CL teams and I double more than a dozen would get contracts for teams in Europe of any kind next season.

They really need to bring in at least ten players.

Beefy
July 7th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Just look at that list of random foreign kids. About three of which will amount to anything. Shocking for a Club with the traditions of Liverpool.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 7th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Barcelona couldn't pay their players last month, yet are still cracking on to Arsenal for Fabregas. The sooner Platini's financial rules come in, the better. Barcelona are effectively cheating since few other clubs could afford to operate like that and know they'll be fine.

Simon
July 7th, 2010, 11:18 AM
I thought a player with a name like Amoo would be right up your street Beefy.

Lazurus
July 7th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Barca have pretty much said that their turnover means no matter what debt they get into they can easily service the payments. They also say that they've still got $89m to spend in this window.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 7th, 2010, 11:25 AM
European football has no chance of being competitive while big clubs can behave like that. Although undoubtedly they will find a way of getting around Platini's rules.

Lazurus
July 7th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Short of limiting big clubs' turnovers I'm not sure what else you can do.

The giants will always bring in far more money for themselves and for the various FAs, UEFA and FIFA than smaller clubs and as long as that happens they have a huge advantage.

If FIFA/UEFA limit spending to a % of turnover/profit then they're just saying that the teams with the highest turnover/profit can spend more. They'll never put a wage cap in place or a transfer fee limit.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 7th, 2010, 11:38 AM
A % turnover rule would at least kill the sugar daddy phenomenon. Big clubs with history will always be more powerful and have always had the biggest financial clout, but the CL has effectively rendered these clubs untouchable now because of the disparity in earnings it brings. One way around this rule, however, is the auctioning of "special season tickets" to benefactors for millions every year.

Another rule coming in is that clubs with certain levels of debt or no demonstrable means of reducing it will be prevented from playing in European football. The likely scenario here is that the biggest clubs will finally go for the break-away from UEFA and FIFA they have had their eye on since the CL/Premier League unleashed their earning power. This will kill football, in my opinion, but it's slowly dying anyway.

Simon
July 7th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Is there something about the Irish mentality that means you have to treat football with such utter negativity? RTE, Barry Glendenning and now ECG.

Beefy
July 7th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Roy Keane, too.

Darkoke
July 7th, 2010, 2:03 PM
Joe Ledley and Jimmy Bullard are in Glasgow for talks with Celtic.

Lazurus
July 7th, 2010, 5:46 PM
How can Celtic afford Bullard's mental wages? More to the point why would anyone?

Winkle van Tinkle
July 7th, 2010, 5:55 PM
Gotta be PAYG. Foolish otherwise.

jesus sucks
July 7th, 2010, 5:58 PM
Ashley Young isn't even that good. same as Milner. they're just ok and nothing more. we always beat Aston Villa with ease. nobody apart from man united has a better record vs them. we haven't beaten us at VP since the 90s. what was the result last time we played Aston Villa? oh that's right! 1-0 win. he'd be very lucky to play for us if we're being honest.

1_Pablo_Angel
July 7th, 2010, 6:00 PM
Score in the last game at Anfield?

Aggregate score last season?

jesus sucks
July 7th, 2010, 6:03 PM

aggregate over the last ten years would be about 40-10 though. remember when we twatted you 5-0 at anfield just over a year ago? battered, and no home wins since the 90s. in that time we've won everything except the league. i should be asking who you lot think you are rather than the other way round. you're shit. you won't ever win anything. gareth barry was worshiped as he is the best player to ever play for the club.

jesus sucks
July 7th, 2010, 6:09 PM
Play nice guys.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 7th, 2010, 6:32 PM
To be fair, I think Tim does have a point about Ashley Young not being good enough for Liverpools team.

1 GK Diego Cavalieri
2 DF Glen Johnson
4 MF Alberto Aquilani
5 DF Daniel Agger
8 MF Steven Gerrard (captain)
9 FW Fernando Torres
11 MF Albert Riera
16 DF Sotirios Kyrgiakos
17 MF Maxi Rodríguez
18 FW Dirk Kuyt
19 FW Ryan Babel
21 MF Lucas
22 DF Emiliano Insúa
23 DF Jamie Carragher (vice-captain)
24 FW David N'Gog
25 GK Pepe Reina
26 MF Jay Spearing
27 DF Philipp Degen
28 MF Damien Plessis
29 FW Krisztián Németh
30 GK Charles Itandje
31 MF Nabil El Zhar
32 DF Stephen Darby
34 DF Martin Kelly
36 DF Steve Irwin
37 DF Martin Škrtel
39 FW Nathan Eccleston
40 DF Daniel Ayala
41 GK Martin Hansen
42 GK Péter Gulácsi
43 GK Dean Bouzanis
45 MF Alex Kacaniklic
46 MF David Amoo
47 FW Daniel Pacheco
48 MF Gerardo Bruna
49 DF Jack Robinson
— MF Jonjo Shelvey
— FW Milan Jovanović

Bluemoon
July 7th, 2010, 6:34 PM
Let's be honest Arsenal's and Villa's is hardly better.

Edit: Ok Arsenal's is better not much though.

Lazurus
July 7th, 2010, 6:47 PM
Arsenal's team is great, they;ve signed a delusional Frenchman.

"I know the club have the means and the ambition to get that Premier League title"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Winkle van Tinkle
July 7th, 2010, 6:52 PM
We were top of the league at the end of March :\

Lazurus
July 7th, 2010, 6:53 PM
"Ambition" :lol:

Buy someone who's not an unknown French or French African player then.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 7th, 2010, 7:01 PM
:lol: at us for having a sensible transfer policy, and spending within our means.

Andy
July 7th, 2010, 8:59 PM
Damn I wish we had some non-French and Africans in our squad.

The Rosk
July 8th, 2010, 4:04 AM
Ashley Young isn't even that good. same as Milner. they're just ok and nothing more. we always beat Aston Villa with ease. nobody apart from man united has a better record vs them. we haven't beaten us at VP since the 90s. what was the result last time we played Aston Villa? oh that's right! 1-0 win. he'd be very lucky to play for us if we're being honest.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 8th, 2010, 4:21 AM
Van persie has put in a request apparently. A request to wear number 10!

Andy
July 8th, 2010, 8:13 AM
Arsène Wenger is still looking for a defender, despite having just completed a deal to sign Laurent Koscielny.

The French centre back sealed his much-anticipated move from Lorient on Wednesday. However, there still may be another defensive vacancy to fill.

Wenger has a trio of veteran centre backs out of contract - William Gallas, Sol Campbell and Mikael Silvestre. Their futures are not yet known so their manager is on the look-out.

"We identified Koscielny as a very, very strong centre half," he told Arsenal.com.

"He can be an outstanding addition to our team. But it is not over, we are still open to buy.

"We are still on the market for another defensive player because we have the need for one more."

Encouraging.

Hlebsfall
July 8th, 2010, 9:27 AM
Maybe Koscielny isn't injury prone enough. On the look out for a player that can spend six months injured from a dead leg.

Andy
July 8th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Alright Mr my glass is half empty :grumpy:

Andy
July 8th, 2010, 11:23 AM
"Manuel Almunia is a talented goalkeeper. In training, he is superb, the only problem is that he gets nervous on big matches, thereby making silly mistakes," Wenger told Kenyan newspaper The Standard.

"After the World Cup, we will be making an announcement on [the] goalkeeping [situation at Arsenal]."

Arsenal Football Club would like to clarify that quotes attributed to Arsène Wenger today in a Kenyan newspaper are not correct. Arsène Wenger did not grant a one-on-one interview to the newspaper and have kindly asked all media not to attribute any quotes from this source to him.

:(

Andy
July 8th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Lorik Cana has moved to Gala. :wtf:

Torn
July 8th, 2010, 11:26 AM
He should just give Chesney the number 1 shirt.

Ringo
July 8th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Lorik Cana has moved to Gala. :wtf:

OOF. Poor Sunderland. Surely they weren't expecting to lose their captain?

Simon
July 8th, 2010, 11:45 AM
In truth he wasn't actually that great. Cattermole is just as good at kicking the shit out of people and he can play football a bit too. It's still a loss to Sunderland but they're not losing a vital cog IMO.

Andy
July 8th, 2010, 11:49 AM
I thought he was a decent player and he is just as good a footballer as Cattermole. Selling the captain for a similar fee they paid for him just seems odd.

Red Dog
July 8th, 2010, 12:10 PM
In truth he wasn't actually that great. Cattermole is just as good at kicking the shit out of people and he can play football a bit too. It's still a loss to Sunderland but they're not losing a vital cog IMO.
Why are you talking like a Sunderland Season Ticket holder rather than the Spurs/Sky Sports fan we know and love?

How the fuck do you know how good he was?!! :lol:

"In truth" :lol:

Simon
July 8th, 2010, 12:12 PM
You're right. Anyone got any idea if this Leo Messi character is any cop?

Lazurus
July 8th, 2010, 12:14 PM
How would I know? I'm just a Spurs/Sky Sports/ESPN/BBC MOTD fan.

Simon
July 8th, 2010, 12:21 PM
So Red Dog can we be confident that you will only post in the Championship thread, and only about Forest players, from now on? That works for me, it would be like having you on ignore except I don't have to do anything.

Red Dog
July 8th, 2010, 2:12 PM
You're right. Anyone got any idea if this Leo Messi character is any cop?
Comparing Leo Messi to Cana from Sunderland.

Yeah, they get the same exposure don't they :lol:

No, I am not going to just post in the Championship thread. But I am also not going to categorically state that a player who has only been in England one season for a pretty non descript club is any good or not as "the truth" because I simply would not be qualified to say.

Ringo
July 8th, 2010, 2:46 PM
It's not exactly difficult to see Sunderland games... :wtf:

Red Dog
July 8th, 2010, 5:08 PM
Hey RINGO well I know it ISN'T difficult to see SUNDERLAND games but how many live GAMES is a fair amount to see BEFORE you can pass judgement on a (new) player's WORTH to a team?

Simon
July 8th, 2010, 6:21 PM
I must say, this is all reflecting very well on you.

Ringo
July 8th, 2010, 6:25 PM
:\

StevieV
July 8th, 2010, 6:34 PM
I thought the capitalised words would form a secret sentence. Pretty disappointed.

RINGO ISN'T SUNDERLAND

UK Blue
July 8th, 2010, 6:40 PM
Belhadj has gone to Al Sadd of Qatar. Around £3.75m. Chainrai will be pleased.

Boateng is probably going to either Lazio or Genoa for about £4m. Diop and Ben Haim are wanted by Greek teams but we probably won't get any money for them. James hasn't yet decided whether he's staying or going. Not sure who else we have of value. Can't see Andronikou raising anywhere near £15m he was supposedly targeting.

Still can't bring anyone in until the CVA is complete. HMRC look set to challenge it, so that could be a while yet.

Exciting times. And Storrie is STILL here :irked:

At least we managed to get a decent manager in Cotterill.

Red Dog
July 9th, 2010, 3:29 AM
I must say, this is all reflecting very well on you.
"The Truth..."

Simon
July 9th, 2010, 4:18 AM
Is there any further news on whether you'll still be going for next season UK Blue? And where have you been anyway you disappearing cunt!

Simon
July 9th, 2010, 4:21 AM
APPAZ City are going to bid £45m for Raoul Moat. They've no idea who he is, but they've heard everyone is after him.

:D

Lazurus
July 9th, 2010, 4:21 AM
Belhadj has gone to Al Sadd of Qatar. Around £3.75m. Chainrai will be pleased.

Boateng is probably going to either Lazio or Genoa for about £4m. Diop and Ben Haim are wanted by Greek teams but we probably won't get any money for them. James hasn't yet decided whether he's staying or going. Not sure who else we have of value. Can't see Andronikou raising anywhere near £15m he was supposedly targeting.

Still can't bring anyone in until the CVA is complete. HMRC look set to challenge it, so that could be a while yet.

Exciting times. And Storrie is STILL here :irked:

At least we managed to get a decent manager in Cotterill.

Boateng for £4m is a snip after the world cup he's had. If you can't get twice that for him someone's not doing their job.

Simon
July 9th, 2010, 4:24 AM
If someone at Pompy was doing their job the whole world would explode.

Lazurus
July 9th, 2010, 4:35 AM
Sol Campbell's in talks with Sunderland according to SSN.

Either Arsenal don't want him or someone's offering him a few more pieces of silver.

da_man
July 9th, 2010, 1:44 PM
APPAZ City are going to bid £45m for Raoul Moat. They've no idea who he is, but they've heard everyone is after him.

:D

If they haven't found him by Saturday then the reward will increase from £10k to £20k - a Raoulover.

:squint:

Bluemoon
July 9th, 2010, 1:46 PM
:no:

Mik
July 9th, 2010, 2:32 PM

Why are you talking like a Sunderland Season Ticket holder rather than the Spurs/Sky Sports fan we know and love?

How the fuck do you know how good he was?!! :lol:

"In truth" :lol:

Nope. Simon is pretty much spot on with his judgement on this one.

This article here sums it up quite nicely, although I am sad to see Cana go:

Lorik Cana Will Be Missed But Not All That Much

By Luke Edwards (http://www.lukewhostalking.co.uk/luke_edwards) on Jul 9, 10 04:17 PM

Steve Bruce will be upset by the departure of Lorik Cana although it will have more to do with hurt pride than the damage it will do to Sunderland next season.
It took Cana just a couple of hours on his return to Wearside to ask for a move - a polite way of saying demand in truth - which suggests the talks with Galatasaray were far more advanced than they should have been.

He had probably wanted to leave for a while, which might help explain his dramatic dip in form and I wonder whether he came to England to use Sunderland as a stepping stone to a more high profile Premier League only to discover English football was too quick and too demanding for him, despite his all-action aggressive style.
Cana was an anti-climax. He started well and, for the first three months he looked every inch the player Bruce claimed he was when he signing, but when the going got tough he wilted.
For all of the yellow cards and meaty tackles, he simply didn't contribute enough and was far too similar to Lee Cattermole to play alongside him.
As captain, he was unable to hold his own on the pitch in that dark winter period, let alone lead the team out of trouble.
He was a great bloke and a decent player, but he was never the player he was cracked up to be and the £5m from Galatasaray was probably a decent bit of business in the circumstances.
Bruce's judgement as a manager was sound in terms of the player he thought he was signing and, on his day, Cana was superb. But those days became fewer and far between and when the tough got going, so did Cana, to Turkey and another crack at the Champions League!
I can understand a player wanting to be near his family, but it just sounds like an excuse to me. He is an Albanian-Kosovan, but he was raised, after all, in Switzerland.
The distance didn't bother him during all that time playing in France and why come to England in the first place if you missed home so much?
So Cana goes after one good half season in a Sunderland shirt, but he goes with Bruce's best wishes. He wasn't the player he thought he was and, having decided he'd had enough after just one year on Wearside, the Black Cats were probably happy to get their money back, especially as they have David Meyler and Jack Colback coming through in that department.
However, despite all of Bruce's claims about being content the players he has already got, Cana will be replaced before the close of the transfer window and it might just be the same sort of big name signing Darren Bent was 12 months ago.

Simon
July 12th, 2010, 9:09 AM
Liverpool signing Paul Scharner. That should convince Mascherano, Gerrard and Torres to stay.

Murphy
July 12th, 2010, 9:39 AM
:cool:

Bad Collin
July 12th, 2010, 10:20 AM
He's a decent enough squad player, worth picking up on a free. BC likes the idea of Scharner being on our bench, it just feels right.

Lazurus
July 12th, 2010, 10:32 AM
All the same you probably have to admit that he wouldn't get onto the bench of any of the top 5 clubs in the league and picking him up and paying him wages shows the level you are currently at.

The Rosk
July 12th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Scharner is not a squad player. He is a starting player for a midtable team. It's like us signing Sidwell. Utterly pointless.

jesus sucks
July 12th, 2010, 2:21 PM
http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/liverpool-fc/129820-steven-gerrard-set-to-stay-at-liverpool-fc-after-real-madrid-withdraw-interest.html

Steven Gerrard looks set to remain at Anfield after Real Madrid deemed Liverpool's asking price too high.

Ernesto Bronzetti, a transfer consultant for the La Liga giants, has revealed that plans to swoop for the inspirational Reds' captain have been shelved due to president Florentino Perez's refusal to pay the £58million valuation due the player's age.

Bronzetti claims that the price tag for Gerrard, who turned 30 in May, does not represent good business sense to Los Blancos whilst dismissing reports that the club planned to offload Brazilian midfielder Kaka after a poor first season at the Bernabeu Stadium.

"Kaka will stay at Real, but the president does not agree with Gerrard because he is 30 and Perez doesn't want to know.

"Plus Liverpool asked for €70million."

UK Blue
July 12th, 2010, 2:54 PM
Is there any further news on whether you'll still be going for next season UK Blue? And where have you been anyway you disappearing cunt!

Sorry mate only just seen this.

Should be OK for the season assuming the CVA is completed (even though we got over the % needed, HMRC are still likely to challenge it) but Chainrai will probably be the one taking us out of administration so he'll do whatever asset stripping he can. The club still has no future unless we find new owners and that looks very unlikely at this moment in time. Still managed to sell the same number of season tickets as last season (amazingly) but for the first time in nineteen years I won't be renewing. Not until Storrie has gone and the ownership situation is more clear. But I'll be going to more Barrow games than ever.

Haven't been posting as much partly due to work and partly because news is quiet on the Pompey front so I've got little to rant about. But that will all change soon no doubt. Better get myself used to posting in the lower league thread.

Red Dog
July 12th, 2010, 3:10 PM
Nope. Simon is pretty much spot on with his judgement on this one.

This article here sums it up quite nicely, although I am sad to see Cana go:

Lorik Cana Will Be Missed But Not All That Much

By Luke Edwards (http://www.lukewhostalking.co.uk/luke_edwards) on Jul 9, 10 04:17 PM

Steve Bruce will be upset by the departure of Lorik Cana although it will have more to do with hurt pride than the damage it will do to Sunderland next season.
It took Cana just a couple of hours on his return to Wearside to ask for a move - a polite way of saying demand in truth - which suggests the talks with Galatasaray were far more advanced than they should have been.

He had probably wanted to leave for a while, which might help explain his dramatic dip in form and I wonder whether he came to England to use Sunderland as a stepping stone to a more high profile Premier League only to discover English football was too quick and too demanding for him, despite his all-action aggressive style.
Cana was an anti-climax. He started well and, for the first three months he looked every inch the player Bruce claimed he was when he signing, but when the going got tough he wilted.
For all of the yellow cards and meaty tackles, he simply didn't contribute enough and was far too similar to Lee Cattermole to play alongside him.
As captain, he was unable to hold his own on the pitch in that dark winter period, let alone lead the team out of trouble.
He was a great bloke and a decent player, but he was never the player he was cracked up to be and the £5m from Galatasaray was probably a decent bit of business in the circumstances.
Bruce's judgement as a manager was sound in terms of the player he thought he was signing and, on his day, Cana was superb. But those days became fewer and far between and when the tough got going, so did Cana, to Turkey and another crack at the Champions League!
I can understand a player wanting to be near his family, but it just sounds like an excuse to me. He is an Albanian-Kosovan, but he was raised, after all, in Switzerland.
The distance didn't bother him during all that time playing in France and why come to England in the first place if you missed home so much?
So Cana goes after one good half season in a Sunderland shirt, but he goes with Bruce's best wishes. He wasn't the player he thought he was and, having decided he'd had enough after just one year on Wearside, the Black Cats were probably happy to get their money back, especially as they have David Meyler and Jack Colback coming through in that department.
However, despite all of Bruce's claims about being content the players he has already got, Cana will be replaced before the close of the transfer window and it might just be the same sort of big name signing Darren Bent was 12 months ago.
Simon clearly watches more sky sports than I gave him credit for.

Simon
July 12th, 2010, 3:25 PM
You're not entitled to an opinion on me. You've never seen me in person.

JIJ
July 12th, 2010, 3:45 PM
Pretty sure you've expressed opinions on me here before Simon.

Simon
July 12th, 2010, 3:58 PM
I was wrong to. Consider all my preconceptions about you washed away until we meet in Rayners Lane Moons and put the world to rights, starting with the Asian-only members club across the road.

Red Dog
July 12th, 2010, 4:07 PM
You're not entitled to an opinion on me. You've never seen me in person.
I've seen a lot of your 100,000 posts on here though.

Try again.

Gary J
July 12th, 2010, 4:09 PM
Does this now mean i can't offer opinions on players then unless i've seen them play in the flesh ?

Red Dog
July 12th, 2010, 4:11 PM
Just don't prefix it with "The Truth is..." like a cunt and you will be fine. :yes:

Simon
July 12th, 2010, 4:19 PM
You've already been overruled by someone who sees Sunderland regularly. If I was wrong or if I didn't see them often you would have had a point, but I wasn't wrong - I saw plenty of Sunderland and recognised that Cana was good but not key and certainly not irreplaceable. You didn't even disagree with my point, just my right to give it. The reason being, you are a gay idiot.

Red Dog
July 12th, 2010, 4:24 PM
You've already been overruled by someone who sees Sunderland regularly. If I was wrong or if I didn't see them often you would have had a point, but I wasn't wrong - I saw plenty of Sunderland and recognised that Cana was good but not key and certainly not irreplaceable. You didn't even disagree with my point, just my right to give it. The reason being, you are a gay idiot.
I wasn't overruled because AS YOU HAVE JUST IRONICALLY POINTED OUT I didnt disagree with the content.

Just the smary, self opinionated manner in which you gave it.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 12th, 2010, 4:25 PM
Shut the fuck up Red Dog. You are a boring cunt.

BBF
July 12th, 2010, 4:25 PM
I just clicked on the first page of this thread accidentally and thought I had wandered right into the middle of another Simon/Andy/Fabregas related argument.

Fucking scared me there.

Red Dog
July 12th, 2010, 4:26 PM
Who do you support?

Apart from Ireland and Ronaldo.

What club side?

El Capitano Gatisto
July 12th, 2010, 4:28 PM
Have a guess.

Red Dog
July 12th, 2010, 4:33 PM
You will have to narrow it down.

Obviously guessing from every club in the world could take some time and be slightly unrealistic.

I have never seen you show affinity to any club other than to certain players who do little tricks so I am guessing it is some non descript Irish club that you are ashamed of.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 12th, 2010, 4:35 PM
Are you doing a file on everyone or something? How about we go back to the original advice: you shut the fuck and stop being such a dull fucker. Literally no one cares about your sub-JIJ questioning of how and why people post. I am pointing this out so hopefully someone with the powers to delete your gay posts starts doing it.

Simon
July 12th, 2010, 4:38 PM
Which of course means he has no right to an opinion.

Red Dog, without putting too fine a point on it, the only thing you need to be entitled to an opinion is some football knowledge to make your opinion worth hearing. Which completes the circle of this argument quite neatly, because it leaves you at the bottom of the pile despite you being the first to question everyone else.

Red Dog
July 12th, 2010, 4:38 PM
Are you doing a file on everyone or something? How about we go back to the original advice: you shut the fuck and stop being such a dull fucker. Literally no one cares about your sub-JIJ questioning of how and why people post. I am pointing this out so hopefully someone with the powers to delete your gay posts starts doing it.
It is not weird to ask someone in a football forum who they support :lol:

It is weird to not answer it.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Red Dog
July 12th, 2010, 4:41 PM
Which of course means he has no right to an opinion.

Red Dog, without putting too fine a point on it, the only thing you need to be entitled to an opinion is some football knowledge to make your opinion worth hearing. Which completes the circle of this argument quite neatly, because it leaves you at the bottom of the pile despite you being the first to question everyone else.
I know more about football than you.

I am 99% sure that is a fact.

MMH
July 12th, 2010, 4:42 PM

It is when you already know the answer to it.

You always come up with stuff like who do you support and do you go the games etc.

Unless is a genuine question and not just a way of scoring "points" on someone then its not really relevent.

And can we please stop telling people how to post?

El Capitano Gatisto
July 12th, 2010, 4:42 PM

What has it got to do with you being a troll and continually asking why people post in here? You've questioned Simon's right to comment, more recently you've asked why Glen posts in here. We've posted in this forum for years, if you have a problem with it you can simply fuck off.

Red Dog
July 12th, 2010, 4:44 PM
It is when you already know the answer to it.

You always come up with stuff like who do you support and do you go the games etc.

Unless is a genuine question and not just a way of scoring "points" on someone then its not really relevent.

And can we please stop telling people how to post?
MMH.

I 100% categorically PROMISE that I do not know who ECG supports.

Red Dog
July 12th, 2010, 4:46 PM
What has it got to do with you being a troll and continually asking why people post in here? You've questioned Simon's right to comment, more recently you've asked why Glen posts in here. We've posted in this forum for years, if you have a problem with it you can simply fuck off.
No wonder this forum doesn't get any new members that stick around you nasty, nasty bastard.

Tell me who you support and I won't quote a post of yours til xmas.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 12th, 2010, 4:46 PM
MMH.

Don't act like a dickhead. We all know why you asked.

Most regular posters here know the answer because I have happily explained it. You are just being a dickhead, as per usual. You contribute zero to this forum.

MMH
July 12th, 2010, 4:47 PM
MMH.

He doesnt support anyone. You brought that up earlier. Or was that JIJ? I cant remember and you two confuse me at times.

Surely if ECG supported a team you would know about it seeing as he is a regular contributor in here.