PDA

View Full Version : The Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

Rip
July 24th, 2011, 2:21 AM
Couple of places reporting Newcastle finally getting a bid accepted for Mevlut Erdinc for around £6.5m.

Second City Saint
July 24th, 2011, 3:09 AM
Has anyone heard anything of note on the possibility of Forlan to Spurs?

RFF Champ
July 24th, 2011, 4:39 AM
Couple of places reporting Newcastle finally getting a bid accepted for Mevlut Erdinc for around £6.5m.

We've been here before so I don't want to get too excited but if PSG are as close to signing Jeremy Menez as is being reported then I think we have a good chance.

1_Pablo_Angel
July 24th, 2011, 4:44 AM
Has anyone heard anything of note on the possibility of Forlan to Spurs?

:lol:

Yep, in every transfer window since the beginning of time...

1_Pablo_Angel
July 24th, 2011, 4:45 AM
Sunday Times linking United with Joey Barton..

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lobhq97ytF1qkue6q.gif

Why haven't you picked up Nigel Reo Coker? The man's out of contract! cHampions league sides are interested!!11 60k a week he's after, apparently.

Second City Saint
July 24th, 2011, 4:46 AM

Yep, in every transfer window since the beginning of time...
Sorry, I meant in the last couple days. And of note, not just a mention.

1_Pablo_Angel
July 24th, 2011, 4:49 AM
No need to apologise mate, I was just being a bit of a cunt.

I've not heard owt. But then, I get most of my football news from this place anyway...

MACE
July 24th, 2011, 6:03 AM
I'm dreading the inevitable Gill/Fergie comments on this being the end of our spending, having once again failed to strengthen the weakest part of our team.

And here it is.... :(

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,20876_7059026,00.html

RFF Champ
July 24th, 2011, 6:03 AM
Sky Italia have said that Chelsea are likely to sign Pastore by Tuesday. Palermo's VP has said that Pastore is 'likely' to go to Chelsea.

I guess that'd mean the end of the Modric pursuit.

Bennedy
July 24th, 2011, 6:08 AM
Where does he play for Palermo? I thought he played in the hole behind a striker or two.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 24th, 2011, 9:12 AM
And here it is.... :(

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,20876_7059026,00.html

Oh well, not too disappointed if the youth get a chance.

Rather sign nobody than Joey Barton, to be honest.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 24th, 2011, 9:20 AM
United have spent £50m, and will easily recoup that on the money they're saving on wages after Scholes, VDS, Neville, Hargreaves, O'Shea and Brown have left the club.

To quote a post I read elsewhere, this is certainly a smarter way of going about spending fuck all. Credit to the Glazers, those sneaky bastards.

son_of_foley
July 24th, 2011, 10:25 AM
How much money in wages do you think you're paying those lot?

Andy
July 24th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Plus surely all your signings will be on big money, even if it's not as much as the ones you've mentioned. Plus you've renewed a few big contracts in the past year as well as getting players back from loans and having to pay their wages again.

MACE
July 24th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Rooney's wage will have probably doubled too don't forget...

Andy
July 24th, 2011, 11:03 AM
That's what I mean.

Bluemoon
July 24th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Oh well, not too disappointed if the youth get a chance.

Rather sign nobody than Joey Barton, to be honest.

I still think you should have signed Charlie Adam, he would have been good in your midfield with good players around him.

RuneEdge
July 24th, 2011, 11:25 AM
I still think we'll sign someone. Sir Alex almost always goes back on what he says.

Bluemoon
July 24th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Yeah that twat always has a ace up his sleeve.

Bluemoon
July 24th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Spurs lads, you heard any more news on you getting Adebayor?

Keano's Magic Hat
July 24th, 2011, 12:03 PM
How much money in wages do you think you're paying those lot?

Jones rejected a bigger contract from Blackburn Rovers to join United. Rumoured to be on 40k a week.

Young will be on around 80k and De Gea about 50k

Hargreaves was on about 80k a week, Van Der Sar and Scholes probably close to that, Neville, O'Shea and Brown would probably fetch 150k between them. That's between 350k and 400k off the wage bill and a saving of 200k-250k a week, or £10m+ a year.

Andy
July 24th, 2011, 12:09 PM
What about the huge amount more for Rooney? Hasn't Park just had a contract renewal too? Giggs and Carrick recently?

Keano's Magic Hat
July 24th, 2011, 12:15 PM
What about the huge amount more for Rooney? Hasn't Park just had a contract renewal too? Giggs and Carrick recently?

Giggs, Carrick and Park are not getting a pay rise at their respective ages. Some sources claim Rooney is on 250k, some say 160k, nobody really knows. What's definite is that United have always been notoriously cheap when it comes to player wages. The only way Rooney would be on 250k would be if Nike stepped in to keep him at the club, it's also the only way we'll ever be able to match Sneijder's wages. In fact, you can go back to Keane's comments 7-10 years ago where he talked about most of the top players paying a price to join United (think Berbatov or A.Young rejecting City) because they could be earning better money elsewhere. I remember Keane talking about rejecting a 400k contract from Blackburn for 350k United and how he was 'more than happy to pay £1,000 a week to play for the biggest club in the world'. If you think that has changed for the better under the penny pinching Glazer Jews then you are mistaken

Keano's Magic Hat
July 24th, 2011, 12:23 PM
In fact, the United total amount paid to playing staff in 2008/2009 (this was the season we won the premier league and reached the european cup final which would have included massive bonuses, and had players like Ronaldo and Tevez on fat money before they were replaced with budget versions in Valencia and Owen) was £123m.. Arsenal paid £107m to players in the same period, and apparently they run a very strict budget and cannot compete with the 'likes of United' :rolleyes:

Chelsea were the top payers at £167m.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 24th, 2011, 2:15 PM
@Joey7Barton
Joseph Barton
Nice to be linked with some big clubs today but I honestly don't want to leave Newcastle. Thanks but no thanks. #unfinishedbusinesshere

I will most likely leave Newcastle at end of season, when my contract expires and I am no longer employed. Its out of my hands #iwanttostay?

Simon
July 24th, 2011, 2:19 PM
Spurs lads, you heard any more news on you getting Adebayor?

We want it to happen, but there are shitloads of obstacles so it probably won't.

RFF Champ
July 24th, 2011, 3:29 PM
Jose Enrique is having an outburst on Twitter. I can't copy them cos I'm on my iPod but it looks like he's on his way pretty soon.

Simon
July 24th, 2011, 3:42 PM
Nothing on there that I can see, unless he's deleted them already...

RFF Champ
July 24th, 2011, 4:01 PM
https://twitter.com/joseenriqe3/status/95206672116625408

Give that link a try or @joseenriqe3

initially they were in Spanish but there are some English ones there now.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 24th, 2011, 4:06 PM
Basically said that Newcastle with never be a top 6 club under the current management. Someone asks him about Pardew's talk of an improved contract on the table, Enrique says that the deal he has been offered is at the same money he is on and that talk of an improved offer is a lie. He then says that it's got nothing to do with the money anyway, but the reason he and other players want to leave Newcastle is because they refuse to spend money bringing quality players to the club, whilst getting rid of the few decent players they have.

Simon
July 24th, 2011, 4:06 PM
You sure that's his actual account, I thought it was

https://twitter.com/#!/J_Enrique3

Keano's Magic Hat
July 24th, 2011, 4:10 PM
Twitter account with the 'outburst' originally posted this photo (and many others from their preseason tour) - http://lockerz.com/s/121012054

I think it's real.

Second City Saint
July 24th, 2011, 5:22 PM
We want it to happen, but there are shitloads of obstacles so it probably won't.The latest I heard was that everything was "posturing," whatever is meant by that.

I've also heard another bid will be made for Abel Hernandez, so that may well impact the potential Adebayor deal.

son_of_foley
July 25th, 2011, 3:13 AM
Basically said that Newcastle with never be a top 6 club under the current management. Someone asks him about Pardew's talk of an improved contract on the table, Enrique says that the deal he has been offered is at the same money he is on and that talk of an improved offer is a lie. He then says that it's got nothing to do with the money anyway, but the reason he and other players want to leave Newcastle is because they refuse to spend money bringing quality players to the club, whilst getting rid of the few decent players they have.

There's so much money tied up in massive wages though. Enrique has only really earned his current wage for 1 season, Barton too so talk of improved salary is ridiculous

RFF Champ
July 25th, 2011, 5:42 AM
You sure that's his actual account, I thought it was

https://twitter.com/#!/J_Enrique3

Keep up Si.

I think he was told to get rid of that after he tweeted about his injury in January. He signed up again last week and it was verified by Danny Simpson.

Looks like he signed up to engineer a move. It wasn't long ago he was making comments about ending his career at Newcastle.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 25th, 2011, 7:22 AM
Patrice Evra continues to endear himself to the Arsenal support:

PATRICE EVRA could not resist a little dig at Manchester City when he told his France team-mate Samir Nasri to join Manchester United if he wants to win trophies.

Nasri is being pursued by both Manchester clubs and Arsenal have also offered him a new and improved deal as he weighs up his options.

But Evra has spent weeks talking to Nasri in a bid to persuade him to join the Premier League champions.

He said: “I’ve talked a lot with him in the holidays and told him how great it is to play for Manchester United. I said, ‘If you want to win trophies, you have to come here’.

“He said that it’s a privilege that a club like Manchester United want him, but he has to think about his future and talk with his agent.

“In five years I’ve won 12 trophies and I don’t know if I’d have won more than that with another club.

“If he goes to City, it’s his choice but I know, as a player, if I have Manchester United and Manchester City, I would go straightaway for United.”

“I made that little joke saying that he’s a prince now but if he wants to be the king then he has to join United.

“It’s a lot of things. It can be for the money, but I would prefer to go for the glory.”

Keano's Magic Hat
July 25th, 2011, 7:23 AM
Patrice Evra's constant digs at Arsenal are quite comical. I've no idea why he has taken such a disliking to those tossers

Keano's Magic Hat
July 25th, 2011, 7:30 AM
United are going to sign a central midfielder :hyper:

AS Roma director Walter Sabatini reveals that he has declined a bid from Manchester United for Vucinic but his agent will meet with #MUFC.

Roma director Sabatini: "I said no to a great manager, Ferguson of United, but the agent of the attacker, Lucci, will be there tomorrow"

....oh wait, he's a striker? WHAT THE FUCK AHH

Bluemoon
July 25th, 2011, 7:38 AM
I thought Evra and Nasri hated each other?

Keano's Magic Hat
July 25th, 2011, 7:38 AM
Looks like they're friends now

Simon
July 25th, 2011, 7:39 AM
Oh fuck off that was the one striker we looked like we might be able to sign.

RuneEdge
July 25th, 2011, 8:50 AM
Sign a midfielder then. That way you know we wont hijack your deal.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 25th, 2011, 8:54 AM
If it's true that Villa are signing N'Zogbia for £9.5 million, that is an incredible piece of business. Big profit on Downing, replacing him with someone cheaper than Downing was in the first place and getting a better player. The only question is over N'Zogbia's head but he is a class player. Villa will probably double their money on him in 2-3 years too as he is still a young man.

The Rosk
July 25th, 2011, 1:17 PM
I'm comparatively happy now we look to have signed N'Zogbia and I actually am relatively content with the squad even if we don't sign any further players. In fact a 25 would look as follows, with the bold ones presumably playing the most games:

GK: Given, Guzan, Marshall

Def: Dunne, Collins, Clark, Young, Lichaj, Warnock, Beye, Lowry

Mids: N'Zogbia, Albrighton, Makoun, Delph, Ireland, Petrov, Bannan, Gardner, Herd, Hogg

Strikers: Bent, Agbonlahor, Delfouneso, Heskey, Weimann

Excluding a few of these for being U21 and therefore not eligible for the 25 man cut, that looks pretty much OK, but there will have to be a lot of hope on the youth progressing. Albrighton particularly needs to hit the ground running as there will be a lot of pressure on him to perform.

RFF Champ
July 25th, 2011, 2:20 PM
That squad still looks a bit bare. It needs at least one more winger and a defender. I had completely forgotten about Beye.

McBain
July 25th, 2011, 2:23 PM
Much happier if we get N'Zogbia. We do need a few more bodies, as always, but at least we've replaced in key positions.

Fingers crossed we can start to get the best out of Ireland now too - which could be a major boost.

Still think we need a bit more muscle in midfield, though.

RFF Champ
July 25th, 2011, 2:25 PM
What was the result of Ireland's scan? I know he didn't have the best time at Newcastle but he is an exciting player and I hope he gets fit again.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 25th, 2011, 2:28 PM
He needs a brain scan to see if there's one in there. Presumably that's not the scan you're on about.

RFF Champ
July 25th, 2011, 2:31 PM

He got hauled off the other day in their friendly. SkySports reported there would be a scan but nothing since.

1_Pablo_Angel
July 25th, 2011, 2:46 PM
Think he just picked up a knock. He looked good by all accounts.

UK Blue
July 25th, 2011, 2:50 PM
A front three of N'Zogbia, Albrighton and Bent will be lovely. Fuck Downing and his stupid face. Agbonlahor could cover all attacking positions too.

Villa are definitely a defender or two light. Makes accepting a bid for Cuellar even more baffling.

McBain
July 25th, 2011, 2:55 PM
Yeah, losing Cuellar would be a kick in the nads.

Andy
July 25th, 2011, 2:55 PM
Quite surprised Villa didn't do more to keep NRC. Makoun and NRC doing the leg work with Ireland in front of them could work quite nicely.

Gary J
July 25th, 2011, 2:56 PM
They are getting Reo-Coker back aren't they?

McBain
Quite surprised Villa didn't do more to keep NRC. Makoun and NRC doing the leg work with Ireland in front of them could work quite nicely.

I'm assuming it's to do with trying to cut the wage bill. But I agree 100%.

UK Blue
They should give Bannan and Delph half a season each.

McBain
July 25th, 2011, 2:57 PM
They should give Bannan and Delph half a season each.

Won't help our physical strength problem though will it?

Andy
July 25th, 2011, 2:59 PM
Looks like NRC is going to Bolton. Seems a bit pointless unless it's just for depth, Muamba is a very similar player.

1_Pablo_Angel
July 25th, 2011, 3:02 PM
A front three of N'Zogbia, Albrighton and Bent will be lovely. Fuck Downing and his stupid face. Agbonlahor could cover all attacking positions too.

Villa are definitely a defender or two light. Makes accepting a bid for Cuellar even more baffling.

Yep.

We do have Nathan Baker as well who isn't on Rosk's list.

UK Blue
July 25th, 2011, 3:06 PM
Won't help our physical strength problem though will it?

A 4-5-1 offers protection as it is. I don't see why either of them couldn't play on the left side of a midfield three with an enforcer next to them. Whether Makoun is the guy for that role is another question.

Bannan and Delph have both shown glimpses of real class. I'd be inclined to invest some time in players with ability rather than go looking for a Reo-Coker who puts himself about but possesses little.

McBain
July 25th, 2011, 3:19 PM
A 4-5-1 offers protection as it is. I don't see why either of them couldn't play on the left side of a midfield three with an enforcer next to them. Whether Makoun is the guy for that role is another question.

Bannan and Delph have both shown glimpses of real class. I'd be inclined to invest some time in players with ability rather than go looking for a Reo-Coker who puts himself about but possesses little.

Makoun isn't an enforcer, so no.

I'd be happy to do what you have in mind as long as we brought some strength in otherwise though, yeah.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 25th, 2011, 5:20 PM
Short article on the Bojan deal:

Unusual Bojan Krkic 'loan' deal may catch on

Reuters, Monday July 25 2011

By Iain Rogers
MADRID, July 25 (Reuters) - Barcelona's unusual deal with AS Roma for the transfer of forward Bojan Krkic to the Italian capital, according to which the La Liga club must buy him back in two years, is the kind of innovative loan agreement that could catch on.
Top clubs with large squads containing talented youngsters like Bojan warming the bench may follow Barca's lead and seek similar deals, at little real cost, that give players a chance to develop abroad, analysts said.
The benefit for the club taking on the player, in this case Roma, comes from getting a potentially useful -- albeit relatively untried -- addition to their squad without having to scrape together an exorbitant transfer fee.
For cash-strapped clubs in a time of economic hardship that is a major bonus.
According to Roma's statement to the Italian stock exchange, Barca agreed last week to sell them Spain Under-21 international Bojan for 12 million euros ($17.3 million), payable on July 1, 2013, but are obliged to repurchase him before then, for 13 million euros, at the end of the 2012-13 season.
Roma, who have agreed to pay the 20-year-old an annual gross salary of 3.2 million euros for the next two seasons, have the option of blocking the repurchase but would have to pay another 28 million euros in three equal tranches in July 2013, January 2014 and July 2014.
Jaume Llopis, a senior lecturer at the IESE business school in Barcelona, described the operation as "innovative and creative".
He said he was not aware of a similar deal and essentially what the two clubs had agreed was a bank loan from Roma to Barcelona of 12 million euros.
"In return, Barcelona gives them their player as a guarantee and this loan has to be repaid in two years time with interest of 1 million euros," he told Reuters.
"The obvious advantage for Barcelona is that they don't have to pay the player's wages, while the advantage for Roma is that they get a good, young player for two years at a relatively low cost.
"Real Madrid, for example, could conduct a similar operation with one of their young players from the youth school so that they develop for a time at another top club and then come back.
"These operations could be for young players with a lot of potential who don't have a regular place in the first team."
Jose Maria Gay, a professor of accounting at the University of Barcelona and an expert on soccer finances, also said he was unaware of a similar agreement.
The Bojan deal appeared to be like a regular player loan but with a new kind of "leasing" element, he said, adding that his opinion was based on what had been made public and there could be significant unknown details in the contract.
"For a club like Barcelona this operation appears very positive in both economic and sporting terms," Gay told Reuters.
"Barca already have quite a few promising players who don't hold down a regular place in the first team and who can't carry on playing for the B side.
"Instead of having them unhappy and warming the bench or not even making the squad Barca loans them out for two years to a top club."
Roma, instead of risking a large investment in a player unproven in Italy's top flight would get his services for two years, Gay said.
"They don't have to make a multi-million euro bet on a player who later - and let's hope it's not the case - turns out to be a complete flop.
"I have the impression that this 'Operation Bojan' could really catch on now."
Roma's willingness to agree to Barca's terms may have something to do with the precarious state of their finances, even after the arrival of new owner, U.S. businessman Thomas Di Benedetto.
Whether Barca can convince Chelsea to sign up to a similar deal for their 19-year-old midfielder Oriol Romeu, another youth school product whom the English Premier League club have said is set to move to London, remains to be seen. (Editing by Justin Palmer)

This must be what Barcelona were trying to do with Thiago Alacantara, also, with the rumours that they would let him go only if a buy-back clause was included in the deal.

Chris Scott
July 25th, 2011, 5:23 PM
Everyone's a winner with that deal then.

Simon
July 25th, 2011, 5:26 PM
Hey guys guess what, Spurs still don't have a new striker :hyper:

El Capitano Gatisto
July 25th, 2011, 5:26 PM
Unless Guardiola is still about in 2 years in which case Bojan probably won't be too happy. It does seem that Barcelona will get the kid back though when they have a new boss in so he gets a proper chance there.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 25th, 2011, 5:46 PM
Also, if Alex Ferguson is telling the truth about not signing any more players, as he has stated again tonight, he's taking a big risk. That squad is no stronger than the one from last season and still has the same glaring weaknesses in midfield. It's unbelievable that he could look at that squad and not see the problems the rest of us can, so maybe it's just a bit of posturing or bargaining. Starting the season with a senior central midfield of Carrick, Giggs, Anderson, Fletcher and Gibson would be an enormous problem.

Simon
July 25th, 2011, 5:51 PM
Perhaps he genuinely does see the new kids coming through as comparable to the 1995/6 group. It's hard to compare because in those days it was hard to follow youth players unless they were on loan at a high profile club, but Cleverley in particular looks a very good player IMO. No real clue about Tunnicliffe and Pogba, I hesitate to pay too much attention to how dominant they are at youth or reserve level because it's not a high enough standard to judge on Premier League terms. Worth considering though.

Gary J
July 25th, 2011, 5:54 PM
Can't Fabio play in central midfield as well?. I'm sure i remember KMH saying he could play there.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 25th, 2011, 5:55 PM
It's odd because he can't think much of Gibson if he was willing to let him leave, Fletcher has had a belly ache for about 10 months now and isn't improving, Giggs isn't getting any younger and won't play every week. That leaves Carrick, who while is a decent player, isn't going to take charge of games. That leaves fatty Anderson.

It's a risk; but I still don't believe that he's done with the buying of players. He always buys.

Jones can play there, but Carrick and Jones is hardly frightening.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 25th, 2011, 5:55 PM
Well yeah but like I said, that's a big risk. The Premier League is much stronger up and down the table than in 95/96 and it's a tactically different landscape. Further, they had Roy Keane at that point in their midfield who was the best midfielder in the Premier League by some distance and Ryan Giggs was a well-established first team player. Right now the young players would be coming into a midfield which is weak, to say the least, and the stakes are much, much higher in terms of failure to succeed.

Andy
July 25th, 2011, 5:56 PM
I still want to see Valencia given a shot there.

Simon
July 25th, 2011, 5:56 PM
Fabio seems to be one of those magic players who can do a job anywhere. Weirdly the twins seem to have swapped flanks now if they play together - I'm sure when they first joined, when played together Fabio would be on the left and Rafael on the right, but now it is the other way around.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 25th, 2011, 5:57 PM
It's odd because he can't think much of Gibson if he was willing to let him leave, Fletcher has had a belly ache for about 10 months now and isn't improving, Giggs isn't getting any younger and won't play every week. That leaves Carrick, who while is a decent player, isn't going to take charge of games. The leaves fatty Anderson.

It's a risk; but I still don't believe that he's done with the buying of players. He always buys.

I think Anderson still has the ability to be an excellent midfielder but the shots of him looking pudgy in pre-season isn't a good sign. He does have the ability to be a top class central midfielder.

Simon
July 25th, 2011, 5:57 PM
I still want to see Valencia given a shot there.

I think he plays there for Ecuador as their creative fulcrum. Fulcrum is one of those words that exists only as a football term in my lexicon.

Andy
July 25th, 2011, 5:58 PM
Yeah that's where I've seen him play there and he's always run the show.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 25th, 2011, 6:01 PM
I think Anderson still has the ability to be an excellent midfielder but the shots of him looking pudgy in pre-season isn't a good sign. He does have the ability to be a top class central midfielder.

Yeah, he shows glimpses of it, and can go on an excellent run of form every now and then. But to rely on him in your starting XI week in week out is a risk somewhat.

I know Barcelona are one of a kind at the moment, but I can't imagine Ferguson didn't see United get totally bossed in central midfield in the CL final. I can understand why he bought Jones, De Gea, and Young, but surely he must have his eye on someone.

To be interested in Nasri shows that he wants another midfielder, but it seems odd that he's gone "Ok, if we can't have Nasri, we'll have no-one".

Simon
July 25th, 2011, 6:04 PM
If Chelsea get this Pastore kiddy in, I worry that Ferguson might go in for Modric, knowing that he has a free run at him with no immediate likelihood of getting into an auction for him.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 25th, 2011, 6:06 PM
Could be that he'll only get a midfielder in if it's a really top class player, but I think United could do with even just a very good midfielder at this point. Lassana Diarra seems unbelievably obvious because he's quick, he can tackle and he's great on the ball and he can pass it about a bit. He's most likely available because Real Madrid have signed Nuri Sahin and Altintop. Seems a complete no-brainer.

De Rossi's contract is up next summer as well and there's no way he'll go to another Italian club. Maybe he reckons he can get Nasri or de Rossi or both for mega cheap if he waits it out until January or next summer.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 25th, 2011, 6:07 PM
If Chelsea get this Pastore kiddy in, I worry that Ferguson might go in for Modric, knowing that he has a free run at him with no immediate likelihood of getting into an auction for him.

I can't imagine Pastore is an alternative to Modric, totally different player. I think they would want both, they need both at this point, or at least they need similar types.

Ringo
July 25th, 2011, 6:08 PM
Montolivio only has a year left as well I think, but I would imagine Milan is his most likely destination given that Pirlo has left for Juventus this Summer and that they generally have about nine 35 year olds in their squad.

And yeah, don't see us going for Pastore as an alternative to Modric, if indeed we have ever been interested in the former anyway. Pastore can actually dribble, and would be playing further up the pitch.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 25th, 2011, 6:13 PM
Pastore would be good playing off Torres or Drogba. Modric has made his name in England further down the pitch as a genuine central midfielder, I reckon they'd be looking at Modric + one other with a creative type ahead of them. Palermo paid big money for Pastore to sign him but they're asking crazy money for him, I doubt Chelsea have bid that given they are low-balling Spurs for Modric, an established Premier League player.

Simon
July 25th, 2011, 6:13 PM
I can't imagine Pastore is an alternative to Modric, totally different player. I think they would want both, they need both at this point, or at least they need similar types.
Not in terms of the type of player but in terms of having money to spend. If they sign Pastore for £35m or so (can't see it costing the £50m Palermo want, although IIRC their chairman is mad so he might stick to his guns and demand the full £50m) then it's difficult to see them stumping up another £40m for Modric. They're already rumoured to be trying to offer us players instead of extra money for Luka. Sturridge was one that was rumoured - I'd love to have him, but not at the expense of losing Luka.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 25th, 2011, 6:14 PM
Ferguson will only buy genuine class to replace Scholes. He said in a press conference last week that he could name "five or six players" that could come in and add depth to the squad but who are by no means better then what we have. And if Carrick, Fletcher, Giggs and Anderson are on form, then looking at those available, I definitely agree with him. He very rarely, if ever, panic buys, and if we don't get Nasri or Sneijder he'll probably bring the likes of Pogba and Morrison through a bit earlier.

Also, watching Fergie's press conference earlier I am 99% certain he was lying. I'm no body language expert, but he looked like a shitting dog when responding to a question about Sneijder and Nasri.

Ringo
July 25th, 2011, 6:22 PM
Twitter RUMOURS

- Eboue to Galatasaray almost done.
- Stekelenburg to Roma as well. Bloody good signing there.
- Falcao to Chelsea. A Bola apparently reporting it but can't see it on their website. Curious.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 25th, 2011, 6:26 PM
Falcao signed a new contract last week

Simon
July 25th, 2011, 6:27 PM
My mate's a big Arsenal fan and reckons Eboue is now going to QPR with Arshavin going to Galatasaray, dunno where he got his info from.

Falcao is immense. I think he's a player that only needs a move to a top side to be considered one of the best in the world.

Ringo
July 25th, 2011, 6:30 PM
BelgoFoot/John Chapman (usually reliable) reckons A Bola are only saying this because Vagner Love might be joining Porto. Falcao is class but one thing we do not need is another striker (unless a certain couple of people leave), and having just signed a new contract his transfer fee would have sky rocketed anyway.

Andy
July 25th, 2011, 6:32 PM
I heard the Arshavin to Gala rumours, fuck that. Losing Arshavin, Nasri and Fabregas in one summer or at best one year would be disastrous.

Not heard the Eboue to QPR rumours, they have no money anyway. Last I heard the Gala move was imminent.

Lagom
July 26th, 2011, 10:03 AM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_7062220,00.html

I really don't want Aquilani to leave. Or Meireles, for that matter.

But, if it's going to be done before the window shuts regardless, then I want them to get it sorted sharpish. There's no point having them in our pre-season friendlies, there's no point in them travelling with the squad, only to bugger off and join someone else.

We could use that money to bring in a left back and 4 more CM's

son_of_foley
July 26th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Arshavin going really wouldnt be too much of a disaster. He was shit last year. If he's going to continue to be a left winger he probably will continue to be shit. If he's going to play off a striker in a 4-4-2 , well (4-4-1-1) I would keep him

Keano's Magic Hat
July 26th, 2011, 1:48 PM
David Gill just been on saying that United are looking at one more player, and he expects things to move when the team are back in England.

Sir Alex Ferguson = liar :mad:

Also, he was talking about a 'world class' player, and how only 2 or 3 out there are suited for the job of replacing Scholes.

Nasri, Modric or Sneijder, then.

Gary J
July 26th, 2011, 1:52 PM
It'll be either Douglas Costa or Mario Goetze.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 26th, 2011, 1:53 PM
Goetze's not a bad shout, actually. Kagawa, too.

Douglas Costa is more of a forward/winger, isn't he?

Gary J
July 26th, 2011, 1:56 PM
Not seen enough of Costa to know if he is more of a winger but i know Fergies a fan and i've seen him play that role before.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 26th, 2011, 2:09 PM
There's apparently big questions over Costa's attitude, but he sounds like he's doing really well at Shaktar. I haven't seen a whole lot of him but he apparently gets a lot of comparisons to Rivaldo in terms of style of play and the position he takes up.

Sky Sports are quoting Vucinic's agent as saying he has met with United officials, who knows how true that is. That would be a strange signing indeed.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 26th, 2011, 2:18 PM
Douglas Costa was at Old Trafford last year

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-JL91nytnvOA/TYUiSiMPwcI/AAAAAAAAAi4/LtGGeb8gBM4/s400/costa+at+old+trafford.png

Bluemoon
July 26th, 2011, 3:38 PM
Hahaha

What a surprise, bacon face saying they are not signing anyone then Gill comes our saying one more.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 26th, 2011, 3:55 PM
regarding Vucinic:

"We are very close to Manchester United," agent Alessandro Lucci told LaSignoraInGiallorosso. "The meeting was yesterday and there were no formal offers, but the English club made it clear they very much appreciate Mirko. "We will know more in the next few days."

ahhh, he better not be the 'one' signing Gill's on about

eldanielfire
July 27th, 2011, 8:20 AM
I heard the Arshavin to Gala rumours, fuck that. Losing Arshavin, Nasri and Fabregas in one summer or at best one year would be disastrous.

Not heard the Eboue to QPR rumours, they have no money anyway. Last I heard the Gala move was imminent.

Eboue to QPR seems to be fairly solid now because Wenger apparently believes Carl Jenkinson is good enough a replacement as back-up to Eboue despite his mental own goal a few days ago. Certainly Eboue never got any better all these years.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 27th, 2011, 8:21 AM
David Gill just been on saying that United are looking at one more player, and he expects things to move when the team are back in England.

Sir Alex Ferguson = liar :mad:

Also, he was talking about a 'world class' player, and how only 2 or 3 out there are suited for the job of replacing Scholes.

Nasri, Modric or Sneijder, then.

Nasri isn't close to being world class really. Very good, but not in that top bracket. Has potential to get better though.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 27th, 2011, 8:46 AM
A bit like Anderson, then.

What's the latest on Mata? still on his way to Arsenal? I expect Nasri to be sold once Arsenal bring in a replacement. Also, anyone who thinks Arsenal won't cash in on Nasri this summer is a fucking moron. If he does stay, it's only because he wants a big fat slice of his potential transfer value next summer in a signing on fee.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 27th, 2011, 8:49 AM
Mata isn't for sale and doesn't want to leave. Seems pretty definite, both player and club have said it would take a massive offer that the club couldn't refuse to get him to leave.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 27th, 2011, 8:51 AM
Apparently we put a bid in for him at the end of last week, and negotiations are on going. This is from Marca though. The Mail have hijacked the story and thrown Spurs' name into the mix too.

I'm not getting excited about it.

My expectations are really low this year, so i'm just hoping for a top four finish and some classic games along the way.

RFF Champ
July 27th, 2011, 8:51 AM
Marca are reporting that Arsenal are close to signing Mata and that there have been offers from two other English clubs.

The Rosk
July 27th, 2011, 8:55 AM
Beat Blackburn in a friendly over in Asia. Good to see McLeish isn't sticking rigidly to a formation already and is trying a few different people out.

Could this extract from the report sum up Villa next season any better for me? I doubt it.

"But Villa took the lead three minutes after the interval through Bent, after build-up involving Petrov and Heskey saw the ball spread out to the right to Bannan.

The Scotland international curled a dangerous ball into the box and Bent was on hand to get the decisive touch to steer the ball past Robinson from close range

Then a neat Villa move in the 84th minute saw Bent set up Heskey, but the powerful striker lashed his shot over the bar."

I really need the NZog thing to be finalised asap.

Alf
One of them is us APPAZ.

Keano's Magic Hat
Spurs would be one, perhaps Liverpool the other, although with the signing of Downing I doubt it.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 27th, 2011, 8:58 AM
Hey Alf, heard anything about Vucinic? Still on his way to Spurs or what?

Agents must love United. It's club policy not to comment on transfer speculation and players who are contracted elsewhere, leaving their agents with free reign to use the club for a bit of bargaining power

RFF Champ
July 27th, 2011, 9:02 AM
I really hope Spurs get Vucinic. That signing would add to a host of exciting attackers who have joined this summer and more top quality players coming to England. While making Spurs even more competitive.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 27th, 2011, 9:03 AM
Young lad at Arsenal Henderson tore his cruciates and is out for the season in the friendly the other day after twisting his knee. Poor bastard.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 27th, 2011, 10:21 AM
ahahahaha

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7064050,00.html

ahahahahhah :lol:

Keano's Magic Hat
July 27th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Hulk's agent:

http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/images/07-minister.jpg

Keano's Magic Hat
July 27th, 2011, 10:22 AM
double post

Simon
July 27th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Young lad at Arsenal Henderson tore his cruciates and is out for the season in the friendly the other day after twisting his knee. Poor bastard.

Jesus not the best start for him after that oggy the other day.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 27th, 2011, 10:29 AM
That was Jenkinson, you pillock

Simon
July 27th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Good point well made.

Simon
July 27th, 2011, 10:46 AM
I wish Redknapp or Levy would just come out and say they can't be arsed buying anyone new, it would save us the hassle of fretting over it.

UK Blue
July 27th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Redknapp always does his business at the last minute. You know that.

Simon
July 27th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Yes but I wish he fucking wouldn't cos it limits our options.

Alf
July 27th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Hey Alf, heard anything about Vucinic? Still on his way to Spurs or what?

Agents must love United. It's club policy not to comment on transfer speculation and players who are contracted elsewhere, leaving their agents with free reign to use the club for a bit of bargaining power

Apparently it has stalled because they want 17m and we are only willing to offer 15m or something shite like that.

I have no idea if we are really in for him. I don't know nuffink.

RFF Champ
July 27th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Valencia have now confirmed that there has been no contact from Arsenal over Mata.

Hlebsfall
July 27th, 2011, 12:29 PM
But they've probably asked if they've got any old shit over 30 that they want to get rid of on the cheap.

Simon
July 27th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Apparently it has stalled because they want 17m and we are only willing to offer 15m or something shite like that.

Fuck's sake Levy.

Andy
July 27th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Apparently we've made contact with Chelsea and Roma for Alex and Vucinic. :dunno:

Simon
July 27th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Oh fuck OFF

Simon
July 27th, 2011, 12:55 PM
We're going to fucking sign Carlton Cole I just know it.

Andy
July 27th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Also aren't Valencia in horrendous financial shape? Not that I expect us to, but if we stumped up the money for Mata we'd surely get him.

Simon
July 27th, 2011, 1:02 PM
Cazorla to Malaga is done.

Cabalero

Gamez - Demichelis - Mathijsen - Monreal

Toulalan - Eliseu - Baptista

Joaquin - Van Nistelrooy - Cazorla

That's without taking into consideration Eliseu, Camacho, Edinho, Maresca and others. With Villarreal and Sevilla both losing key players since last year they have to have a really good chance to get into the top four this season.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 27th, 2011, 1:10 PM
Baptista :happysad:

I wanted him to be so good. His first touch still gives me sleepless nights.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 27th, 2011, 1:19 PM
The spanish reporter off sky tweeted that Mata will talk to Arsenal but not Spurs. Both teams have enquired. He usually talks shit though.

Simon
July 27th, 2011, 1:25 PM
Well that's just rude. It's not like it would be going out of his way seeing as he's going to talk to Arsenal. What a rude young man.

Bennedy
July 27th, 2011, 1:35 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure why Alex is being linked with a move away. I would rather him in the team than Luiz, at this moment in time anyway.

Ringo
July 27th, 2011, 1:35 PM
Meanwhile, the other club who suddenly have loads of money, PSG, have signed Blaise Matuidi (€10m), Kevin Gameiro (€15m) and Jeremy Menez (€9m) as well as apparently agreeing a fee with Juventus for Momo Sissoko.

Zamparini is saying they have accepted bids from PSG and Chelsea for Pastore and it's now up to the player, but L'equipe are also reporting that Ganso is in Paris for talks.

And I would very unhappy if we sold Alex to Arsenal. The Bayern rumours were bad enough. He's brilliant, and I doubt we'd be able to find a replacement as good as him for under £15m. Selling to a rival should be dismissed out of hand even if he wants to leave. Certainly hoping the club agrees.

Simon
July 27th, 2011, 1:38 PM
Didn't know they had signed all those players, Menez did really well last year as well didn't he?

Ringo
July 27th, 2011, 1:41 PM
Yep, apparently so. Finally started delivering on a consistent basis I heard.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 27th, 2011, 2:01 PM
I think Wenger will be off there as soon as Arsenal fail to qualify for the Champions League, too. In fact, wouldn't be surprised if both he and Nasri are at PSG a couple of years from now

Simon
July 27th, 2011, 2:28 PM
KMH give us a lend of Berbatov.

Simon
July 27th, 2011, 2:49 PM
PSG have bid for Pastore :eek:

MACE
July 27th, 2011, 3:06 PM
Why would Barcelona pay £40m for Fabregas when they have a relentless production line and young Thiago is clearly going to be a star.... :dunno:

Keano's Magic Hat
July 27th, 2011, 3:17 PM
Because there's no guarantee that he, nor any of the others, will be up to the task of replacing the likes of Xavi and Iniesta. In fact, I'd be very surprised if any of them do. That's not to say that players like Thiago don't look like they're going to be superb, but we're talking about two of the best midfielders the world has ever seen here.

Fabregas has proven himself as one of the best midfielders in Europe over a consistent basis. He's less of a gamble than anybody in their youth team.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 27th, 2011, 3:17 PM
another double post. what the fuck is going on?

Andy
July 27th, 2011, 6:57 PM
Loads of tomorrow's papers saying we've agreed a fee for Mata, Valencia still strongly denying it. :\

Fabregas declared unfit for the Emirates Cup. :rolleyes:

Keano's Magic Hat
July 27th, 2011, 6:58 PM
Mata is perfect for Arsenal.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 27th, 2011, 6:58 PM
Now sell us Nasri, you bastards.

Andy
July 28th, 2011, 8:29 AM
Bendtner off to Sporting. They're putting together a very interesting team.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 28th, 2011, 8:31 AM
Bendtner is so shit

Simon
July 28th, 2011, 8:38 AM
Quite a few people saying Modric has knuckled down and is pointing the blame for his fuss at his agent. Talk of him signing a new contract, yahoo baby.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 28th, 2011, 8:40 AM
No, remove that post immediately, Simone. Scholes has started the tapping up job. It's merely a matter of time now:

But if Paul Scholes had to put his weight behind one newcomer who would it be?

“The ones who have been linked all look like they are capable of playing for United,” he added.

“But there are no guarantees. You could sign Sneijder for £35-40m and it might not work out. He went to Real Madrid and it didn’t quite work out for him there, so you just don’t know.

“The three linked the most with United are all great top players. Of the three Modric, when we’ve played against him, has been the one I have been most impressed with. Whenever we played Tottenham, he was the one who stood out.”

Keano's Magic Hat
July 28th, 2011, 8:40 AM
double post again

Simon
July 28th, 2011, 8:41 AM
Fuck off you bastard. I wouldn't swap Modric for any of your players.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 28th, 2011, 8:42 AM
Look at Bebe banging them in for Besiktas these days. you missed a trick there, you bastard

Keano's Magic Hat
July 28th, 2011, 8:42 AM
Gibson is still available..

Simon
July 28th, 2011, 8:44 AM
FUCK AWAY OFF. Fuck off him.

RuneEdge
July 28th, 2011, 8:46 AM
We'll buy Vucinic for you and then send him your way. Deal?

RuneEdge
July 28th, 2011, 8:46 AM
double post.

Simon
July 28th, 2011, 8:47 AM
OK deal. You didn't mention anything about Modric so that is fine.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 28th, 2011, 8:48 AM
is everyone double posting these days? I've resorted to editing the second post to avoid embarrassment.

Hang on, me and RuneEdge.. is this a conspiracy against supporters of MUFC?

Simon
July 28th, 2011, 8:49 AM
I notice you doing it more than anyone :dunno:

Keano's Magic Hat
July 28th, 2011, 8:49 AM
Scholesy's honesty is brutal :cry: :

“I don’t think it is a big deal really replacing me because I haven’t been the type of player people are talking about for the last four or five years,” Paul told M.E.N. Sport.

“I haven’t been scoring goals or been the main playmaker in the team for a while. I don’t think I actually need replacing in that way at all.

“I wasn’t the pulling the strings anymore, definitely in the last two years and probably even since I was 31-32. I haven’t been as prominent in the side. I wasn’t scoring the goals and I wasn’t making the goals.

“I think people are obsessed with having to replace me. If you look at the facts over the last couple of years. I haven’t played in the big games. So I don’t think there is that much that needs replacing!

“I am not saying I should have played in those big games because it was the right decision not to play me. I couldn’t cope playing full games and big games like that. Physically, it was too much for me. I think when people are talking about replacing Paul Scholes they are talking about replacing the Paul Scholes of five years ago. I was more prominent then.

RuneEdge
July 28th, 2011, 8:50 AM
It's happened a few times to me too over the last few days. Something's up, KHM. :scared:

Simon
July 28th, 2011, 8:50 AM
Top bloke. With Giggsy turning out to be a sex pest and Bullard a violent pisshead, Scholesy is the only nice guy left :(

RuneEdge
July 28th, 2011, 8:51 AM
Scholesy's honesty is brutal :cry: :

“I don’t think it is a big deal really replacing me because I haven’t been the type of player people are talking about for the last four or five years,” Paul told M.E.N. Sport.

“I haven’t been scoring goals or been the main playmaker in the team for a while. I don’t think I actually need replacing in that way at all.

“I wasn’t the pulling the strings anymore, definitely in the last two years and probably even since I was 31-32. I haven’t been as prominent in the side. I wasn’t scoring the goals and I wasn’t making the goals.

“I think people are obsessed with having to replace me. If you look at the facts over the last couple of years. I haven’t played in the big games. So I don’t think there is that much that needs replacing!

“I am not saying I should have played in those big games because it was the right decision not to play me. I couldn’t cope playing full games and big games like that. Physically, it was too much for me. I think when people are talking about replacing Paul Scholes they are talking about replacing the Paul Scholes of five years ago. I was more prominent then.
Makes me wanna give him a big hug. :(

MikeHunt
July 28th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Top bloke. With Giggsy turning out to be a sex pest and Bullard a violent pisshead, Scholesy is the only nice guy left :(

really what is wrong with what bullard and giggs did?

nothing. i love them both even more for their shenanigans.

Andy
July 28th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Yeah why does adultery and assault get such a bad name

Keano's Magic Hat
July 28th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Giggs was fucking his brother's wife. I don't necessarily think less of him, but it's definitely a cuntish move

MikeHunt
July 28th, 2011, 11:04 AM
meh, i honestly don't give a fuck. i will forever love giggs and bullard.

it's not like he's the first cunt to fuck his brothers wife, and his brother didn't really seem that bothered as he was shagging birds all over the place.

it honestly wouldn't matter if i was married or not, if a woman like that imogen threw herself at me i would fuck her brains out, and if you say you wouldn't you are a lying cunt.

bullard battered somecunt who cares.

MikeHunt
July 28th, 2011, 11:05 AM
woodgate ran away while his mates were battering a paki. no one seems to consider him a shite bag/cunt.

Andy
July 28th, 2011, 11:06 AM
I do. :yes:

Ringo
July 28th, 2011, 11:08 AM
That was like 9 years ago. He went to Spain and everyone forgot about it. That's how it works!

MikeHunt
July 28th, 2011, 11:12 AM
i would rather fuck me borthers wife than watch someone get battered for the colour of their skin and run away.

woodgate = cunt.

giggs and bullard = guys who are after a bit of fun.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 28th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Woodgate only stood there watching because he was injured in the warm up

Keano's Magic Hat
July 28th, 2011, 11:17 AM
But yeah, the acts aren't really comparable.

Andy
July 28th, 2011, 11:36 AM
"I hope that he [Mata] will stay with Valencia and I think he'll do just that. We have not received any offers for him so far," sporting director Braulio Vazquez said to Superdeporte.

"However, we have a back-up plan in case he leaves. That's not just the case for Juan though. We have a plan like that for every player. We have to be prepared if something happens."

Fingers crossed but I'm not getting my hopes up.

MACE
July 28th, 2011, 11:37 AM

And Becks!! :happysad:

RFF Champ
July 28th, 2011, 11:57 AM
I was just on a Stoke forum and appaz they have Owen Hargreaves on trial. Someone to keep Woody company in the medical room.

Ringo
July 28th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Should sign VICENTE as well while they're at it.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 28th, 2011, 6:41 PM
"""Apparently""" a £17m fee for Mata has been agreed, and we've offered £15m for Jagielka.

:dunno:

Andy
July 28th, 2011, 7:23 PM
Is Jagielka really that good? If we're spending 15m on a tough English defender then surely the best long term option is Cahill.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 28th, 2011, 7:32 PM
Maybe he's hoping to get him on a free in 12 months...big gamble though.

Fuck it, £15m and we get 6 years out of him seems fair.

I only care about Mata. Play him centre half.

MMH
July 29th, 2011, 4:12 AM
Is Jagielka really that good? If we're spending 15m on a tough English defender then surely the best long term option is Cahill.

Yes Andy...yes he is!

Though to be honest I think you would be better buying Yobo for a third of the price as he would suit your style of play more.

RFF Champ
July 29th, 2011, 5:42 AM
Sergio Canales is going on loan to Valencia. Could free up Mata to move.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 29th, 2011, 8:59 AM
Auclair has said he'll be a guest at the emirates cup tomorrow/sunday and will have his medical too.

:fingersx:

http://i54.tinypic.com/og9p3a.gif

Keano's Magic Hat
July 29th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Tevez is meeting with Inter.

I'm trying not to get too excited, as it'll only annoy me more if he stays, but fucking hell, this is good news. I watch very little Italian football these days so he's basically off the football radar for me.. it's not as good as him fucking off to play in Brazil, but this is a great move.

Wonder if Aguero's visited all of Manchester's two restaurants yet? :rolleyes:

Keano's Magic Hat
July 29th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Auclair is great. I like him.. doesn't half talk shit, though.

RFF Champ
July 29th, 2011, 12:35 PM
An Italian team are close to signing Nilmar. Potentially it's Roma which would hopefully mean Vucinic to Spurs.

Simon
July 29th, 2011, 12:36 PM
:fingersx: come on

Gary J
July 29th, 2011, 1:42 PM
I thought Vucinic was off to Juventus?

Andy
July 29th, 2011, 3:18 PM
Juve and Spurs have both agreed fees for Vucinic, according to that Fourth_Official guy.

Auclair didn't say anything about Mata being at the Emirates by the way, someone just completely made that up.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 29th, 2011, 3:28 PM
Andy, your thoughts on Arsenal's conduct in regards to Jagielka? Two years in a row they've lodged risible, low-ball bids with Everton and now Hill-Wood speaking publically about it? I mean, I think this is how all clubs behave but it seems funny that Arsenal and yourself have bleated on so much about Barca not reaching Arsenal's valuation yet what they are doing to Everton is arguably more cynical, obviously hoping their CL pull will distract a key player from a side slightly further down the table.

Andy
July 29th, 2011, 3:37 PM
I've not read the comments from Hill-Wood but I don't think the stuations are comparable. The only quote I've seen is that we made a bid which wasn't accepted and that we'll go in with another bid.

We made an opening bid of £10m and look to be going back, I'm not sure that's lowballing them. If we end up paying the £15m I'd say that's about right.

I do not believe for a second that this is more cynical. None of our players have gone to the press talking about Jagielka having Arsenal DNA, that Everton have kidknapped him etc. If we go back in with a shite bid or one for least than the original I'd have a problem with it. I do need to read the PHW quotes though.

Andy
July 29th, 2011, 3:40 PM
It looks like Arsenal are very close to pulling the plug on all negotiations with Barca. HW said something about them messing about or something. They haven't improved on their bid of £26m yet their conduct hasn't changed. £26m ffs, I think that's far worse than offering £10m for a 29 year old Jagielka but maybe that's me being biased.

Simon
July 29th, 2011, 3:41 PM
You've already gone in with a shit bid twice, obviously in the knowledge it will be rejected but will unsettle the player.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 29th, 2011, 3:42 PM
Peter Hill Wood is an idiot, and I don't think you'll find an Arsenal fan that says otherwise. He's always talking to to bloody Daily Star. As far as i'm aware Wenger has said very little if anything.

Plus i'd say there's a difference between offering £24m when a club want £40m, and offering £15m when they want £17m. I don't think you can say we're low balling when we've made 3 bids in 72 hours; its negotiating. Had we put £10m in and leave it at that for a month waiting for the player to get unsettled, i'd agree. On the other hand Barcelona have made an insulting bid 3 weeks ago which has been refused and they continue talking while offering nothing. Since the last bid Guardiola, Rosell, Xavi, Pique, and Sanchez have all mentioned Cesc in interviews. Prior to that there was Abidal, Puyol, the mayor of his hometown, Iniesta, Villa, and Alves talking about us.

Andy
July 29th, 2011, 3:43 PM
There's no knowledge that it will unsettle him at all. Didn't he publically come out and say he was happy to stay at Everton after we tried to get him last year?

El Capitano Gatisto
July 29th, 2011, 3:49 PM
Peter Hill Wood is an idiot, and I don't think you'll find an Arsenal fan that says otherwise. He's always talking to to bloody Daily Star. As far as i'm aware Wenger has said very little if anything.

Plus i'd say there's a difference between offering £24m when a club want £40m, and offering £15m when they want £17m. I don't think you can say we're low balling when we've made 3 bids in 72 hours, while Barcelona have made a bid 2 weeks ago which has been refused and they continue talking while offering nothing. Since the last bid Guardiola, Rosell, Xavi, Pique, and Sanchez have all mentioned Cesc in interviews. Prior to that there was Abidal, Puyol, the mayor of his hometown, Iniesta, Villa, and Alves talking about us.

That's not quite true, those players have been asked about Fabregas. It's funny that the English press make it look as if Barca players are ringing up newspapers and talking about Cesc Fabregas, when in fact it's the case that journalists (likely journalists working for the English press) keep asking these players about the Fabregas situation and then the quotes are displayed prominently in British newspapers/websites. Sanchez was asked about it in the press conference unveiling him, and all he said was "he's a good player, of course it'd be nice to play in the same team as him." Many of the comments have been of a basic "big fucking deal" nature when you actually read them. Hill-Wood has been asked about Jagielka in a similar fashion and has made his remarks about having a bid turned down.

I haven't seen Wenger quoted on signing Jagielka yet, but he did like a good chat about Chamakh last year and Gervinho this when Arsenal were trying to sign those players. Basically I think the indignation is a bit much, particularly as Arsenal haven't really stopped nicking youngsters off Barca in the interim and have been taken to the court by other clubs in the past for their behaviour in terms of recruiting youth players in a similar ways to Fabregas.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 29th, 2011, 3:51 PM
There's no knowledge that it will unsettle him at all. Didn't he publically come out and say he was happy to stay at Everton after we tried to get him last year?

Have a word with yourself. Whether he said that or not is irrelevant, it was done in the knowledge that low-balling Everton initially might get the player to put pressure on the club. It just went the other way (for once). There's no point denying that's how clubs operate.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 29th, 2011, 3:58 PM
Wenger was asked today about Jagielka and said he doesn't want to talk about any transfer speculation. When pressed on Mata, 3 times, he said "He's a player i like, but i like many players, that doesn't mean i'm going to buy them". Barca players speak at will and show no respect whatsoever.

Wenger only spoke about Chamakh after Chamakh himself had mentioned Arsenal, as had the Bordeaux president. I honestly don't know about what he said regarding Gervinho.

I can't and won't try and defend PHW, like I say, he's always talking to the Daily Star. Have Everton confirmed they turned down a bid from us? I thought they had.

Andy
July 29th, 2011, 4:08 PM
Yes that's how all clubs operate. What Barca have done is for all intents and purposes tapping up. What Arsenal have done with Jagielka is contact the club, made a bid, had it rejected and are now going straight back with a new bid. As Winkle says, Barca's bid hasn't been improved or renewed, all that's happened is they've since all blabbed about Fabregas in the media. Far more unsettling for the player than actively negotiating a fee for a player.

I'm not saying Arsenal are whiter than white but to me the situations are not comparable. We are negotiating with Everton, this happens in all business let alone all clubs. You don't walk into a car dealership, ask how much and instantly sign up. The way Barca are conducting themselves is beyond anything Arsenal have done in tying to get Jagielka.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 30th, 2011, 9:22 PM
Fergie, regarding Sneijder:

‘If he wants to come he must accept our contract offer. If not, we have other options in mind. We’re done talking.’

:eek:

RuneEdge
July 30th, 2011, 9:31 PM
:hyper:

Keano's Magic Hat
July 30th, 2011, 9:35 PM
i bloody love fergie.

MMH
July 31st, 2011, 1:55 AM
Yes that's how all clubs operate. What Barca have done is for all intents and purposes tapping up. What Arsenal have done with Jagielka is contact the club, made a bid, had it rejected and are now going straight back with a new bid. As Winkle says, Barca's bid hasn't been improved or renewed, all that's happened is they've since all blabbed about Fabregas in the media. Far more unsettling for the player than actively negotiating a fee for a player.

I'm not saying Arsenal are whiter than white but to me the situations are not comparable. We are negotiating with Everton, this happens in all business let alone all clubs. You don't walk into a car dealership, ask how much and instantly sign up. The way Barca are conducting themselves is beyond anything Arsenal have done in tying to get Jagielka.

Yeah but you offered 12M last season for which we said no, he signs a 4 contract extension and then you offer 10M.

MACE
July 31st, 2011, 6:43 AM
Fergie, regarding Sneijder:

‘If he wants to come he must accept our contract offer. If not, we have other options in mind. We’re done talking.’

:eek:

:hyper:

Fergie: "Absolute Nonsense"...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_7073851,00.html?utm_source=twitterfe ed&utm_medium=twitter

:(

RuneEdge
July 31st, 2011, 6:50 AM
:mad:

MACE
July 31st, 2011, 6:58 AM
Wesley has said numerous times he's happy at Inter. It's not gonna happen.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 31st, 2011, 7:54 AM
Yeah but you offered 12M last season for which we said no, he signs a 4 contract extension and then you offer 10M.

We offered £12m in January, no? Where prices are always inflated due to the inconvenience it causes the selling club.

Plus maybe we're taking advantage of the noises coming out of your club that if you want to improve your squad, you have to sell someone.

I'm not saying we're whiter than white in this, but all Wenger has said on the matter as far as i'm aware is "he's under contract with Everton. That is that."

PHW hasn't said too much, just that we've put in an offer and we'll go back with another. Which we have. But don't get me wrong, PHW will say something stupid soon. He always does.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 31st, 2011, 8:52 AM
It's quite odd for Bob Cass to make up quotes like that, he's been Fergie's go-to guy for transfer stories for years. I think it's more likely that he printed something that should have been kept private, rather than fabricating the quote.

MACE
July 31st, 2011, 8:58 AM
Do you think he'll come KMH?

Keano's Magic Hat
July 31st, 2011, 9:03 AM
I think it's pretty obvious that Inter have given us permission to agree terms with Sneijder before negotiating a transfer fee with the club. I don't think Sneijder will come simply because (if reports are to be believed) he'd be looking at a wage cut of 50k-70k a week if he were to come to United. His family is settled in Italy, he plays for a great club and his missus has a TV career going on over there. He'll only be a United player if he REALLY wants to play for the club, and I don't he does.

I think Modric is still the most likely one. Here is a midfielder that Sir Alex called the 'best player in the premier league' last season, it's inconceivable that we won't at least bid for him.

And if we get none of them, I'm quite happy with Cleverley being given a good run in the side.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 31st, 2011, 5:36 PM
Sneijder being quoted now as saying a move could happen. No real sense that he's in a hurry to go, however.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 31st, 2011, 5:44 PM
And Inter's manager says they have received a bid, after saying there had been no bids a couple of days ago.

David Gill said there would be no movement until United were back in the UK. They arrived this morning.

http://members.tccoa.com/traveler/smilies/ScratchChin.gif

MACE
July 31st, 2011, 5:51 PM
Hmm...

Keano's Magic Hat
July 31st, 2011, 6:03 PM
Are you flattered at being linked with Man United?

I'm not.

:eek: :D

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,12606_7074971,00.html

MACE
July 31st, 2011, 6:12 PM
... Cheeky smile and sharp exit! haha

Keano's Magic Hat
August 1st, 2011, 7:23 AM
Balotelli: "I am not happy in Manchester," Balotelli said. "I do not like the city. With my team-mates and my manager, everything is fine, but the city is not to my tastes."

Cantona: “I found leaving Manchester United very, very hard. It was, as I say, like quitting a class A drug."

:cool:

Also, there are apparently quite a few disgruntled members of the City team, unhappy that Aguero has been given such a fat contract and who now also want a pay rise. It'll all come crashing down soon. There are only so many players you can sign who'd rather not be there.

JIJ
August 1st, 2011, 7:24 AM
Maybe. But they're still gonna finish top 2 alongside Chelsea this season

Keano's Magic Hat
August 1st, 2011, 7:27 AM
No chance.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 1st, 2011, 7:30 AM
So, who is Mata signing for? Arsenal, Spurs or is he staying at Valencia?

Alf
August 1st, 2011, 7:33 AM
I don't know why he'd sign for us.

RuneEdge
August 1st, 2011, 7:38 AM
... Cheeky smile and sharp exit! haha

:D

We better sign that lil bastard. He could potentially be the missing piece of our attack. And we could do with a deadball specialist.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 1st, 2011, 7:40 AM
Just seen that Everton have taken Eric Dier on loan. He's that highly rated English defender that has come through the ranks at Sporting Lisbon. I assume that it's with a view towards a permanent transfer, as he's only 17 and I can't see him getting many games this season :dunno:

son_of_foley
August 1st, 2011, 7:40 AM

Outside looking in I don't get why he would either

MikeHunt
August 1st, 2011, 7:43 AM
:D

We better sign that lil bastard. He could potentially be the missing piece of our attack. And we could do with a deadball specialist.

should've signed charile adam!

Keano's Magic Hat
August 1st, 2011, 7:45 AM
Young's delivery from set pieces has looked very good. The rest of his game, not so much.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 1st, 2011, 7:47 AM

He's a class player but hardly what Spurs are really after at the moment. They have Bale, Van der Vaart, Lennon, Pienaar, Kranjcar and Bentley all vying for the positions Mata takes up. Spurs need a striker and he's not a striker. Seems like a weird bid for Spurs to make, perhaps it is one of those bids just to keep the fans happy that something is being done.

MMH
August 1st, 2011, 7:50 AM
Just seen that Everton have taken Eric Dier on loan. He's that highly rated English defender that has come through the ranks at Sporting Lisbon. I assume that it's with a view towards a permanent transfer, as he's only 17 and I can't see him getting many games this season :dunno:

He was with us last season too.

We aint allowed to play him so its pointless.

RuneEdge
August 1st, 2011, 7:51 AM
should've signed charile adam!

Rather give some of our youngsters a chance than sign Charlie Adam.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 1st, 2011, 7:59 AM
He was with us last season too.

We aint allowed to play him so its pointless.

that's ridiculous :D

Keano's Magic Hat
August 1st, 2011, 8:04 AM
Rather give some of our youngsters a chance than sign Charlie Adam.

Joey Barton will be making an announcement regarding his future at 4pm :scared:

RFF Champ
August 1st, 2011, 8:11 AM
Shall we have a sweepstake? So far it's because he's:

Leaving
Signed a new Contract
Buying the club
Becoming a politician
Retiring because he does nothing but moan

Keano's Magic Hat
August 1st, 2011, 8:13 AM
I think he'll announce that he's leaving next year on a free. Not much of an announcement, though, he's been saying it for months.

MMH
August 1st, 2011, 8:14 AM
that's ridiculous :D

I think its something to do with his schooling or something. We have helped out in the hope that one day he remembers we helped him and comes to us when he is established.

RFF Champ
August 1st, 2011, 8:14 AM
I can't see why the club would continue allowing him to be a gobshite on twitter. So my guess is that he's closing his account.

MMH
August 1st, 2011, 8:15 AM
I can't see why the club would continue allowing him to be a gobshite on twitter. So my guess is that he's closing his account.

They cant stop him though really.

son_of_foley
August 1st, 2011, 8:15 AM
He's turned down a move because he's going to see out the last year of his contract

son_of_foley
August 1st, 2011, 8:16 AM
The move will have been to Stoke or West Ham

RFF Champ
August 1st, 2011, 8:17 AM
They cant stop him though really.

They can if they start fining him, they fined Jose 2 weeks wages and he's gone quiet. I'm sure if they want to censor him on his twitter then they'll find a way.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 1st, 2011, 8:19 AM
The thing with Barton is that he's actually a very decent player, and as much as it pains me to say, would improve the United squad :eek:

He's just such a fucking scumbag, though.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 1st, 2011, 8:19 AM
The move will have been to Stoke or West Ham

Can't blame him really

son_of_foley
August 1st, 2011, 8:23 AM
Unless its a move he desperately wants Barton will reject most offers I think to cost Ashely the transfer fee

RFF Champ
August 1st, 2011, 8:26 AM
It's been reported that he's due £5mil next year, I assume as some kind of loyalty bonus. I imagine it's more to do with that and the fact he might get a larger wage if he's on a free.

son_of_foley
August 1st, 2011, 8:27 AM
I think it's personal now as well. If he doesn't request a transfer he should get the loyalty bonus or 4/5ths of it anyway + a signing on fee

Chris Scott
August 1st, 2011, 8:48 AM
Barton is joining Liverpool.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 1st, 2011, 8:57 AM
Imagine if that were true. 200 central midfielders and not one decent defender

Bad Collin
August 1st, 2011, 9:02 AM
Kelly and Agger for the win.

Barton and Adam could work well with super Raul.

MMH
August 1st, 2011, 9:43 AM
They can if they start fining him, they fined Jose 2 weeks wages and he's gone quiet. I'm sure if they want to censor him on his twitter then they'll find a way.

Maybe but legally they dont have a leg to stand on.

MMH
August 1st, 2011, 9:44 AM
The thing with Barton is that he's actually a very decent player, and as much as it pains me to say, would improve the United squad :eek:

He's just such a fucking scumbag, though.

I dont even think he is that good.

He certainly aint good enough to put up with the hassle that comes with him.

He has always struck me as a distinctly average premiership midfielder.

son_of_foley
August 1st, 2011, 9:56 AM
Maybe but legally they dont have a leg to stand on.

Sure he is representing the company publically and if he does so in a poor light (ie if he's told formally it's against policy to discuss the clubs transfer policy in public without going through the Press Office) then they can fine him same as any other failure.

You can get in trouble for bad mouthing your employeer on social networks. He's no different

son_of_foley
August 1st, 2011, 9:59 AM
I dont even think he is that good.

He certainly aint good enough to put up with the hassle that comes with him.

He has always struck me as a distinctly average premiership midfielder.

When fit I think he's above average. I think he's technically proficient and quite creative and would probably thrive with talent around him. For City he was the main drive and spark in that team and surrounded by muck in midfield for a long time.

I dont know if he's an improvement on Carrick/Fletcher but it's hard to tell because he's a different sort really. To me he's a 2 man midfield man. You could play him in a 2 he gets about makes tackles and can link up the play. I'm not sure he excels enough at any 1 point to see him being a great fit in a 3. Maybe that doesn't make sense I dunno

El Capitano Gatisto
August 1st, 2011, 10:07 AM
Barton is 29 now, it would make no sense for a club challenging for honours to sign him even as a squad player because he has no experience at that level, he's a volatile character which is not a good trait for someone who would be expected to be supplementing the first team and he's not such a good footballer that either of those factors could be ignored. A team like Villa could probably find a good use for him, they're a bit light in midfield and he's an experienced Premier League player who would do well for them.