PDA

View Full Version : The Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

Andy
July 15th, 2011, 12:26 PM
I don't know, probably. I'm trying to stay away from all the nonsense but I happened to be listening to Talksport when that interview was on. It's just getting ridiculous now.

Andy
July 15th, 2011, 1:11 PM
Someone at the pre-season tour in China :lol:

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg739/scaled.php?tn=0&server=739&filename=4s1m.png&xsize=640&ysize=640

da_man
July 15th, 2011, 2:22 PM
For a brief moment today we had some excitement after we were linked with Honda the Jap.

Local journo has said on Twitter that there is little truth in it. Talented player who would cost a bit of money - not our sort of target.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 15th, 2011, 2:43 PM
I don't really have any sympathy for Arsenal over Fabregas getting tapped up, they nicked him for free from Barca's youth academy as he reached the age to sign professional terms, as they have done with several other promising Barca players and players from other clubs (notably Anelka and Flamini, I think they were taken to court over both transfers). It's how they can operate the way Wenger wants, let other teams develop players then stick them in your squad when they're ready to come through. So fuck Arsenal, basically. They'll have nabbed a good young player off Barca and sold him back at an enormous profit after knackering his hamstrings with their substandard medical team. Sounds like they've done ok out of the deal.

Darkoke
July 15th, 2011, 2:44 PM
I thought Celtic were going to sign Forster on a perm?

I don't think that was ever on the cards. Celtic wanted him on loan again this season but Pardew said that wasn't going to happen as the standard in the SPL is too low.

After the loan move was rejected Celtic did try to sign him permanently but the bid was rejected too - £1.5million IIRC.

Now got Stipe Pletikosa coming on trial next week after Harry recommended him.

RFF Champ
July 15th, 2011, 2:45 PM
Enrique isn't our squad for our friendly against Darlington tonight. I guess a deal must be close.

Ben Arfa is starting which is great news.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 15th, 2011, 2:52 PM
On Szczesny and De Gea from earlier: Szczesny looks very confident and in control of his area, problem is the communication between Arsenal's defenders tends to be fucking awful. That should be sorted out if they have Djourou and Vermaelan fit again and Clichy off the scene. He's brave too, the way he knocked the shit out of Bale in the derby game was pretty impressive.

A couple of De Gea's most impressive performances have been in the big games, notably the games vs. Barca and Real Madrid last season. He was unreal in the game at Vicente Calderon vs. Barca. He seemed to do well for Spain at the U21s also when being called upon very rarely. He looks a potentially great goalkeeper. Iker Casillas was 17 when he was landed in the Real Madrid first team and was brilliant from the very first game, similarly Gianluigi Buffon was a great keeper at 17/18 for Parma, so it's not unheard of for keepers to be superb at a young age and to keep it going.

JIJ
July 15th, 2011, 7:36 PM
Milan is a shithole.

Yeah it's pretty poo.

Black Hole is a good club though

The Rosk
July 16th, 2011, 8:19 AM
Downing is a horrible cunt.

Liverpool have spent 85 million on Carroll, Henderson, Downing and Adam. Laughable really.

Sooner we get NZog and Given in the better.

Bad Collin
July 16th, 2011, 8:37 AM
Why is he a horrible cunt?

Some of those prices are inflated, you can take ten million off that figure. Carroll and Henderson are calculated risks but if we get ten years each out of them it will constitute good value. Adam and Downing will fill areas we are deficient in, Downing especially.

Basically, fuck off Ross.

RFF Champ
July 16th, 2011, 9:09 AM
One of the best times of my life, not just in football. I am sure to be back in premier league

A translation of Jose Enrique's tweet which suggests that he is moving abroad. Arsenal's loss, I feel. I wonder where he's going.

The Rosk
July 16th, 2011, 9:44 AM
5 weeks ago:

Downing, who has two years remaining of his current contract, has been linked with a summer move to Liverpool.

But he has given a strong indication he is content to remain with Villa.

Downing told the Birmingham Mail: "I think there have been a couple of conversations already with my agent.

"I've already spoken to the manager who has said he'd like to keep me.

"I've still got two years left and they've come to me with an offer.

"For a player, that is brilliant because it gives you confidence they have faith in you and that they reward players if they do well.

"I'm enjoying my stay here. I've enjoyed it since the first day I came. It's a terrific football club. it's fantastic they want me."

Regarding speculation over his future, Downing said: "It's part and parcel of being a player and doing well.

"Ever since I was young I've read stories saying 'you're going here, you're going there.

"Obviously if you have a good season you get linked, but I'm happy here."
Downing, voted Villa's player of the year, is optimistic about the future of the club despite a disappointing campaign after three top-six finishes in the Barclays Premier League.

He said: "There are terrific players here. I'm confident, despite this season, that we're going in the right direction and, if we get the right players in, then I'm happy.

"The important thing in football is if you're happy, then why change it.
"I know it's been a disappointing season but I can see the bigger picture."

Fast forward 34 days:

"It's a great feeling and I'm very happy to be here," Downing told Liverpool's website.

"It's been a long time coming and I've had to wait a few weeks, but I'm really pleased to be here.

"With the tradition, the manager and the players they have here, there was a big temptation to come and once I knew of their interest, there was only one place I wanted to go."

I will admit Downing had a good season for us in a mediocre joke of a season but before October as you all know he was my most hated player in the squad, constantly dogshit for yonks. He is a truly spineless prick just like most footballers and I hope he massively disappoints you as he is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. Well done on securing no higher than sixth place with him in the side.

Lawson
July 16th, 2011, 9:49 AM
Why is he a horrible cunt?

Some of those prices are inflated, you can take ten million off that figure. Carroll and Henderson are calculated risks but if we get ten years each out of them it will constitute good value. Adam and Downing will fill areas we are deficient in, Downing especially.

Basically, fuck off Ross.

Sums it up nicely. Plus, football inflation: £20m doesn't buy you the same amount of English players it used to. It's the £6m of the late 90s; the £10m of 5 years ago.

And their wages -every bit as much of a factor, especially with FFP on its way, as the initial outlay- are reported as being a lot more digestable than you'd expect other, bigger name/foreign, targets would have demanded.

For me, when you get to thinking about the fees their fair appraisal quickly turns to "we've spent a bit more than we'd realistically hoped to". And if you think about the talent of the players themselves, the gaps they fill, their potential, the years they'll be able to give us, how they'll help with domestic player quotas... it's pretty good business.

So as BC says, we've taken some calculated risks. Such is Comolli's and Moneyball's way, we've been very careful with the calculations. There's a really good chance these moves will pay off handsomely.

Lawson
July 16th, 2011, 9:55 AM
5 weeks ago:

Fast forward 34 days:

I will admit Downing had a good season for us in a mediocre joke of a season but before October as you all know he was my most hated player in the squad, constantly dogshit for yonks. He is a truly spineless prick just like most footballers and I hope he massively disappoints you as he is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. Well done on securing no higher than sixth place with him in the side.

Footballers are gits.

The Rosk
July 16th, 2011, 9:58 AM
Calculated risks fucking hell. That's just fancy wording to try and get round the fact that you paid massively over the odds for players. Be honest with yourselves.

Bad Collin
July 16th, 2011, 10:05 AM
But we don't know if we have paid over the odds.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 16th, 2011, 10:30 AM
For me Liverpool's spending is still mitigated a bit by getting Luis Suarez for round £20 million. When you see prices of £40 million being quoted for the likes of Alexis Sanchez, Javier Pastore, Sergio Aguero and Neymar, I think Liverpool did well there to sign a player with genuine class attacking ability, a real match-winner, for a fairly ordinary price in today's market. He's still the player I'm most looking forward to seeing next season, unless City manage to get Aguero.

RFF Champ
July 16th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Is there a reason why Real aren't just buying Aguero if they are after an attacker? I don't know why they're fannying about going for Neymar when Aguero is proven quality in both La Liga and CL and only 23.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 16th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Atletico won't sell him to Real. Also, I think Mourinho would prefer Adebayor over either Neymar or Aguero, by the sounds of it.

MMH
July 16th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Some of those prices are inflated,

Why do you lot always say this with every single player you buy?

Aquilani wasnt 20M he was 4M and a set of cones.

Who cares if the amount is what you paid? Why does it bother you lot so much? Its not like its your personal money. They overspent but got the players they wanted so all is well with the world.

Constant conspiracy theorists you lot.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 16th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Betting on Sneijder to join United suspended. Looks like Nike will come in and pay a good part of his wages

:hyper:

..but Fergie said we've never been interested in him?

Bad Collin
July 16th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Why do you lot always say this with every single player you buy?

Aquilani wasnt 20M he was 4M and a set of cones.

Who cares if the amount is what you paid? Why does it bother you lot so much? Its not like its your personal money. They overspent but got the players they wanted so all is well with the world.

Constant conspiracy theorists you lot.

I have just read that we paid £7 mil for Adam and some of the Henderson fee is based on future appearances etc. No conspiracy here.

MMH
July 16th, 2011, 11:02 AM
I have just read that we paid £7 mil for Adam and some of the Henderson fee is based on future appearances etc. No conspiracy here.

And yet others have read that you have paid more.

Why are you the one who is right?

Does it really matter how much you spend anyway?

Keano's Magic Hat
July 16th, 2011, 11:04 AM
They're quoting the full fee because it fits the media's agenda.. like when Arsenal sign a player and the figure branded about is always the bare minimum. Anyway, Liverpool have certainly improved this summer, and seeing as Dalglish got so much out of last season's shower of shite, I'm expecting a good season for Liverpool. A really good one, unfortunately.

turdpower
July 16th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Betting on Sneijder to join United suspended. Looks like Nike will come in and pay a good part of his wages

:hyper:

..but Fergie said we've never been interested in him?

Hopefully we've shown him pictures of our away kit as Derren Brown style trickery.

Bad Collin
July 16th, 2011, 11:18 AM
And yet others have read that you have paid more.

Why are you the one who is right?

Does it really matter how much you spend anyway?

Well the discussion was about whether we have paid over the odds or not so it was relevant.

I have faith in the people running the club, they are building for the future.

Bad Collin
July 16th, 2011, 11:29 AM
They're quoting the full fee because it fits the media's agenda.. like when Arsenal sign a player and the figure branded about is always the bare minimum. Anyway, Liverpool have certainly improved this summer, and seeing as Dalglish got so much out of last season's shower of shite, I'm expecting a good season for Liverpool. A really good one, unfortunately.

What do you define as a really good season for Liverpool? I think the best we can hope for is fourth and a cup.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 16th, 2011, 11:35 AM
That would be really good. There was talk, albeit silly talk, of your lot being relegated halfway through last season.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 16th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Wenger's not having it anymore

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2015439/Arsene-Wenger-blasts-Roberto-Mancini-Samir-Nasri.html

Bluemoon
July 16th, 2011, 1:17 PM
Shame about Given that we had Hart ready to take over, he should do really well at Villa.

Boateng's transfer fee to Bayern is £12m possibly rising to £15.5m with bonuses according to Raphael Honigstein at Sports Illustrated, £2M profit - not bad for not playing...even when he was playing.

Reading Raphael Honigstein's piece on the deal he does nothing to dispel the notion that Boateng is a great big softy.

"One or two people on the board, too, wondered whether the softly-spoken, sometimes phlegmatic Boateng would add the necessary aggression and determination to a side that's been short on ball-winners and never-say-die attitude"

RFF Champ
July 17th, 2011, 5:11 AM
Apparently Bolton have had a bid accepted for Jeffren Suarez after being told that Moreno won't be leaving Benfica.

Has anyone seen much of him?

Andy
July 17th, 2011, 6:50 AM
http://t.co/Lxa5DfQ

:D

Bluemoon
July 17th, 2011, 7:25 AM
Alex, what was all that about Geordies invading the pitch after your freindly win at Darlington?

RFF Champ
July 17th, 2011, 7:32 AM
Just some people being cunts. There was a chant of 'sami scores, we're on the pitch' and he scored so a few went on in a 'jokey' way but more followed and then some Darlington fans came on and there was a scuffle. Under-policed and not many stewards apparently. Then the players went off so Pardew and John Carver went over to calm it down and get the fans back in the stands and once they did the players returned and a load of subs were made which calmed it all down.

It's all quite embarrassing really. What must Cabaye be thinking?

Peter Griffin
July 17th, 2011, 7:33 AM
it was after they scored the second goal not after the match, they score...invade the pitch ...and start fighting eachother the mind boggles

Keano's Magic Hat
July 17th, 2011, 8:32 AM
http://t.co/Lxa5DfQ

:D

:lol:

Mik
July 17th, 2011, 9:30 AM
Hope this rumour of Liverpool wanting to pay daft money for Cattermole is true.

BBF
July 17th, 2011, 9:32 AM
They don't need ANOTHER central midfielder surely!?

Red Dog
July 17th, 2011, 9:35 AM
Hope this rumour of Liverpool wanting to pay daft money for Cattermole is true.
If Liverpool sign someone I think it is fair to say they will pay daft money.

*Except for Suarez. Not sure how they managed that one.

Ringo
July 17th, 2011, 10:05 AM
They don't need ANOTHER central midfielder surely!?

Reina

Spearing - Adam - Henderson - Poulsen

Shelvey - Cattermole - Lucas - Aquilani

Gerrard - Meireles

:yes:

Chris Scott
July 17th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Cattermole stuff is bollocks me thinks. We need a CB and LB.

Gary J
July 17th, 2011, 1:18 PM
You don't need a new CB when you have Ayala waiting for his chance. Also can't Kelly play there?

Bad Collin
July 17th, 2011, 1:22 PM
We are fine at CB, just a left back now and we are done.

Gary J
July 17th, 2011, 1:23 PM
If Agger is capable of staying fit can't you just play him at left back?

Andy
July 17th, 2011, 1:24 PM
You will get that Cissokho lad.

Gary J
July 17th, 2011, 1:26 PM
They should get Michel Bastos instead.

Andy
July 17th, 2011, 1:27 PM
He's going to Juve

Gary J
July 17th, 2011, 1:32 PM
Is he? Ah well they should sign Cissokho then.

Is this Joel Campbell who Arsenal have apparently signed any good then? I've not watched much of the Copa America so can't say i've seen him.

Andy
July 17th, 2011, 1:42 PM
Not a clue. 19 year old, apparently a poacher who hangs off the shoulder. The type of player who Wenger has always wanted but hasn't ever managed to get right. Eduardo wasn't his fault though tbf.

Andy
July 17th, 2011, 2:59 PM
Someone else has come in for him now, and offered a shitload more money. Chelsea or City it is then.

Felipe Melo hasn't travelled with Juve on their pre-season tour. Arsenal interested again apparently.

RFF Champ
July 17th, 2011, 3:14 PM
Apparently he was offered around Scandanavian clubs last year for $200k but there were no offers.

Chris Scott
July 18th, 2011, 3:56 AM
You don't need a new CB when you have Ayala waiting for his chance. Also can't Kelly play there?

I've not seen much of Ayala this pre season, I'll have to check to see if he went on tour.

Yeah Kelly can play there and it'll probably end up being his position once Carra has retired.

Simon
July 18th, 2011, 4:11 AM
Ctiy have accepted Corinthians' second bid for Tevez, £40m-ish apparently. So much for it being a false bid. This could really get the market moving now once City sign a replacement (Aguero?).

Chris Scott
July 18th, 2011, 5:23 AM
Augero is quality. Could he handle the rough and tough of English footy. Would he settle in the country too when most Argie's can't.

Simon
July 18th, 2011, 5:41 AM
He's certainly tough enough to handle it, he gets the shit kicked out of him in Spain and he's a little hard nut in the Tevez mould anyway, much stronger than he looks. Whether or not he'll still want to be here after a couple of years is anyone's guess, you don't get too many players wanting to leave successful sides though and it's reasonable to think that City will be among the best in the world within the next couple of tears.

Simon
July 18th, 2011, 7:00 AM
The papers are saying Modric HASN'T submitted a transfer request :eek:

RFF Champ
July 18th, 2011, 7:04 AM
Of all the youtube highlight reels Aguero's is one of the most impressive out there. I have a Spanish housemate who doesn't speak much English so we communicate through football players and youtube videos.

Aguero ran Chris Baird ragged in that Europa League final. I'd love to see him in the Premier League, it's uncommon we get really top talent at their prime.

Andy
July 18th, 2011, 5:03 PM
Apparently it's Man United who have come over the top of Arsenal for this Joel Campbell bloke. Surprising if true, given how many strikers they have.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 18th, 2011, 5:08 PM
Where have you heard that? Who the hell is Joel Campbell?

confused

Keano's Magic Hat
July 18th, 2011, 5:10 PM
Quick search brings up a Costa Rican striker. There's our midfield sorted, then.

Andy
July 18th, 2011, 5:15 PM
Yep that's the one. That comes from the Fourth Official bloke. Obviously I'm skeptical but this guy's record is 100% since I've been following.

Beefy
July 18th, 2011, 5:22 PM
Quick search brings up a Costa Rican striker. There's our midfield sorted, then.

He can't get a work permit right now anyway so you don't have to worry for a couple of years.

Andy
July 18th, 2011, 5:35 PM
Apparently we're applying for a "special talent" permit. You'd think that we'd be unlikely to get one for such an unknown but we got one for Alex Song. :lol:

Keano's Magic Hat
July 18th, 2011, 5:36 PM
Alex Song clearly is a special talent, though. The only professional footballer slower than Darron Gibson, in fact.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 18th, 2011, 5:51 PM
He can't get a work permit right now anyway so you don't have to worry for a couple of years.

He might get one based on his performances in the Copa America along with his age. 19 year olds aren't expected to fulfil the 75% rule anyway.

Gangers
July 18th, 2011, 6:12 PM
Alex Song clearly is a special talent, though. The only professional footballer slower than Darron Gibson, in fact.

I realise you're being facetious, but for an almost unbelievably slow professional player, watch Ian Harte, a good example being this year's Championship playoff final. Embarassing to watch.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 18th, 2011, 6:22 PM
Yep that's the one. That comes from the Fourth Official bloke. Obviously I'm skeptical but this guy's record is 100% since I've been following.

The guys dad said the deal to us was basically done, and he was having a medical over there.

"These tests will be in the Cima hospital and supervised by the people of Arsenal. Everything is virtually ready."

:dunno:

Andy
July 18th, 2011, 6:26 PM
Yeah, I saw that. The guy just said United had come over the top, but it looks like the deal had already been agreed before that.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 18th, 2011, 6:28 PM
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be surprised if it all falls through and we don't get him. But his agent has been in contact for 6 months or so with Arsenal about him, and the kid himself (for what it's worth) has said he wants to play for us.

I'm very meh either way, i want fucking Wellington to do something.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 18th, 2011, 6:33 PM
it just sounds like bullshit. Fergie has come out today and talked about we have too many strikers, what's he doing adding another one?

It isn't true.

Andy
July 18th, 2011, 6:33 PM
Yeah it's a very uninspiring signing. I get the impression we've just gone searching for the next Hernandez. Shouldn't be the priority at this stage of the summer.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 18th, 2011, 6:34 PM
De Gea

Vidic Rio

Carrick

Young Campbell Rooney Owen Hernandez Berbatov Wellbeck

Could work.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 18th, 2011, 6:35 PM
Yeah it's a very uninspiring signing. I get the impression we've just gone searching for the next Hernandez. Shouldn't be the priority at this stage of the summer.

For £900k, I think it's worth a punt if they've seen something in him.

I still think Cahill will come.

Add another midfielder to the mix, even if we lose Cesc, and i'll be fairly happy.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 18th, 2011, 6:43 PM
De Gea

Vidic Rio

Carrick

Young Campbell Rooney Owen Hernandez Berbatov Wellbeck

Could work.

Decent side, but not enough strikers for my liking. Replace Carrick and Vidic with Diouf and Macheda and we'll be unbeatable.

Alf
July 19th, 2011, 4:58 AM
Si might have posted this. But appaz we are close to signing a FM cheat player...

Souleymane Coulibaly

And so we have...

Good signing. Really surprised we've pulled this off actually.

Simon
July 19th, 2011, 5:03 AM
Me too, didn't even know we were particularly close.

Simon
July 19th, 2011, 6:25 AM
We're in talks with City to sign Adebaps as well, not exactly sure what I think about that but in the short-term he'd certainly bang in a few goals even if he is a cunt and would want a move within a few months.

UPDATE: Another ITK in agreement that we are mainly looking at Adebayor and Vucinic, with Rossi in the frame as well but very unlikely.

Andy
July 19th, 2011, 7:59 AM
SSN has just exploded with the news that Arsenal are willing to negotiate the transfer of Fabregas to Barcelona...as we have been for the past year. :\

On Adebayor - can't see it happening. He's on 175k/week at City...why would hey loan or sell him to Spurs? Especially as you lot wouldn't pay those wages. Doesn't make any sense.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 19th, 2011, 8:04 AM
Real Madrid are supposedly still in for Adebayor too. He's fucking around at the moment, refusing to train and all sorts because Man City have put him in with the kids and reserves.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 19th, 2011, 8:20 AM
And so we have...

Good signing. Really surprised we've pulled this off actually.

‪Souleymane Coulibaly -The Next African Superstar - World Cup U-17 Compilation‬‏ - YouTube

:eek:

RFF Champ
July 19th, 2011, 8:31 AM
He's equalled the U17 World Cup goal record set by Sinama Pongolle. Destined for the top.

Alf
July 19th, 2011, 8:33 AM
Funny thing is... a lot of the hype is comparing him to Drogba, but he's much, much more like Defoe...

Keano's Magic Hat
July 19th, 2011, 10:02 AM
That Joel Campbell has snubbed Arsenal by failing to turn up for the prearranged medical, Arsenal have since pulled out of the deal.

EDIT: l Interesting. You know that Joel Campbell kid that Arsenal were apparently signing? Well, they're not signing him anymore, it says here.

Apparently Campbell didn't show up for a pre-medical meeting with the Gooners, who were suitably unimpressed and pulled out of the deal.

President of Campbell's club Saprissa, Juan Carlos Rojas said:

"It's a disappointment for football, for Saprissa and for me that they have decided not to take up an offer from as serious and first-class people as Arsenal. I hope it works out for Joel.

"I assume his father thinks that things will get better and that's why he made this decision, but hey, there's always a risk. It's a shame that Costa Rican football could not have a player at Arsenal at this time."

Andy
July 19th, 2011, 10:07 AM
If that Fourth_Official guy is right, Man United have just come in and offered the player way more money. Unless someone else has since come in...

Really get the sense that all this Twitter madness and constant speculation is really hampering Arsenal's "under the radar" transfer strategy.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 19th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Arsenal's business isn't really 'under the radar', is it? The last player I can remember Arsenal signing that surprised me was Reyes.

Andy
July 19th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Of course it is. Eduardo, Squillaci, Jenkinson and Vermaelen are recent ones who nobody had heard of/didn't link with Arsenal until about 48 hours before they signed.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 19th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Vermaelen was linked with Arsenal at least a month before he signed, was he not? I can't really remember any of the others being linked, but really, who was going to come in before Arsenal and snatch the likes of Squilacci and the mid-table, league one sensation (reserve player), Carl Jenkisnon?

It has nothing to do with twitter and constant speculation, it has everything to do with Arsenal no longer being as an attractive a proposition to players as they once were. I obviously include wages in that, too.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 19th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Also, I'm not saying that speculation has no impact on a potential transfer, of course it does.. but you're kidding yourself if you think that agents had no means of drumming up interest before the likes of twitter and goal.com were set up. This is ridiculous.

Andy
July 19th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Player's agent/father confirms it's Man United who have come over the top of Arsenal.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 19th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Ferguson said last night that we have too many strikers and not enough midfielders. Argh

http://www.trulyreds.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/ferguson_pinocchio_talksport_sito-e1311013070751.jpg

Andy
July 19th, 2011, 11:06 AM
How many strikers would this make it? About 10?

Keano's Magic Hat
July 19th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Welbeck
Rooney
Owen
Berbatov
Diouf
Macheda

Andy
July 19th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Think you've missed out a big one there.

Beefy
July 19th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Welbeck
Rooney
Owen
Berbatov
Diouf
Macheda

Hernandez?

Keano's Magic Hat
i've missed Hernandez there, for fuck sake

Keano's Magic Hat
bastards :mad:

Canuck
July 19th, 2011, 12:21 PM
You've also listed 6 and numbered 7 :s

Keano's Magic Hat
July 19th, 2011, 12:33 PM
nah, the question was how many strikers would (the signing of Campbell) make it. You've had a shocker there, Hurley..

:ashamed:

El Capitano Gatisto
July 19th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Seems more like his dad is waiting to stir up a bidding war after the U20 World Cup going by the comments he's quoted as saying. Bit strange the club are upset as it could mean more money for them, as well as the player.

Simon
July 19th, 2011, 1:45 PM
What a surprise, "world's biggest cunt" John Terry has piped up on Modric. I wonder who'll be next in the orchestrated campaign. Stay strong Levy you little bald alien!

Canuck
July 19th, 2011, 2:55 PM
nah, the question was how many strikers would (the signing of Campbell) make it. You've had a shocker there, Hurley..

:ashamed:

:(

El Capitano Gatisto
July 19th, 2011, 5:46 PM
Ctiy have accepted Corinthians' second bid for Tevez, £40m-ish apparently. So much for it being a false bid. This could really get the market moving now once City sign a replacement (Aguero?).

Increasingly looks like the bid is a load of bollocks, The Guardian is reporting that Corinthians can't even stump up the first installment.

Simon
July 19th, 2011, 5:49 PM
The Guardian were saying that the stalling point is the first instalment so yeah you might be right. City could end up fucked because their movement has brought the Aguero move forward, aid if they're unwilling to sign him until Tevez is gone then it's perfectly possible that Chelsea, Madrid or even Juve could nip in.

Excellent article on Aguero in today's Guardian you might be interested in btw.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 19th, 2011, 5:53 PM
Yep, read it, I remember hearing about Aguero years ago on that Golazo show which was on C4 late at night summing up world football when he was 16 and being heavily linked to Liverpool. He even gave an interview saying he would love to go there, but Liverpool didn't stump the cash, Atletico did. They were calling him "the new Romario" back then even though he's an Argie. Great player, would love to see him in the Premier League.

Pablo Diablo
July 19th, 2011, 6:04 PM
I remember seeing Aguero when I went to the U-20 World Cup was really a class above.

BBF
July 19th, 2011, 7:11 PM
Fourth_Official Fourth Official
Tottenham are progressing in their pursuit to land Mirko Vucinic from Roma, very advanced #THFC

Spurs fans? Sound good or likely the end of Luka?

El Capitano Gatisto
July 19th, 2011, 7:13 PM
He's a striker, not a replacement for Modric. Very good player.

BBF
July 19th, 2011, 7:18 PM
I must be thinking of someone else. Similar name?

El Capitano Gatisto
July 19th, 2011, 7:22 PM
No one I can think of off-hand. I think Spurs have been linked to Pjanic at Lyon in papers, who is a midfield playmaker, he's a Slav too I suppose.

BBF
July 19th, 2011, 7:28 PM
Torn is right when he says I am thinking of SIMON VUKCEVIC. Never mind me, but yeah good signing Spurs.

Andy
July 19th, 2011, 7:32 PM
We've also been linked with Pjanic today. Not seen a lot of him.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 19th, 2011, 8:49 PM
With Cesc and Nasri rumoured to be leaving soon, this sounds like a pjanic buy

Grimario
July 20th, 2011, 12:23 AM
Any Irish folk heard of/have an opinion on Vinny Faherty? Played for Galway United and St Patrick's Athletic before oddly signing for a crap amateur league team in Australia. We currently have him on trial (whoo A-league) after he has lit up the league he is in with 12 goals in 9 outings or something.

Simon
July 20th, 2011, 4:51 AM
On this Vucinic thing, does anyone know how the Serbs and Croats are getting on these days? Is this likely to make Modric more likely to stay or go?

Simon
July 20th, 2011, 4:54 AM
Also the Tevez move to Corinthians has indeed flopped.

Gangers
July 20th, 2011, 5:20 AM
http://images.football365.com/11/07/496x259/HarryRedknappandLukaModric_2621924.jpg

Ringo
July 20th, 2011, 5:22 AM
On this Vucinic thing, does anyone know how the Serbs and Croats are getting on these days? Is this likely to make Modric more likely to stay or go?

Probably won't have any real bearing on anything since Vucinic is Montenegrin. :)

Simon
July 20th, 2011, 5:31 AM
Ah whatever. If we get Vucinic and Adebayor I would poop.

Simon
July 20th, 2011, 7:08 AM
Redknapp's confirmed we are in for Adeballbag.

turdpower
July 20th, 2011, 7:15 AM
That adds nothing to the likelihood of the story.

Simon
July 20th, 2011, 8:35 AM
Just saying homie.

Goalkeepers
Gomes, Friedel, Cudicini

Defenders
Assou-Ekotto, Rose, King, Dawson, Gallas, Kaboul, Corluka, Walker

Midfielders
Bale, Kranjcar, Modric, Huddlestone, Sandro, Palacios, Jenas, Lennon, Pienaar

Strikers
Adebayor, Vucinic, Van der Vaart, Defoe, Pavlyuchenko

:yum: Just imagine if we could add those two without losing Modric or anyone else significant. What a squad we would have :cry:

Keano's Magic Hat
July 20th, 2011, 8:38 AM
some team, that

turdpower
July 20th, 2011, 8:49 AM
Apparently in the Metro it says we're going for Mata and Schweinsteiger.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 20th, 2011, 8:54 AM
Schweinsteiger would be the best signing we could possibly make.. I don't even want to consider the possibility as I'll be horrendously disappointed when it inevitably turns out to be bullshit :cry:

Schweinsteiger :hyper:

Winkle van Tinkle
July 20th, 2011, 8:56 AM
I'm not sure why you'd want Adebayor. The only reson being that he will finally be unable to score against you.

Everywhere he has gone he's done the same thing. Decent for a couple of months, relaxed, been a bit shit. Monaco, Arsenal, City, Madrid. Great player when he wants to be but that doesn't happen enough. Big risk though.

Andy
July 20th, 2011, 9:00 AM
How can you afford him though? Obviously you won't pay even a third of his wages and why would City pay them or even sell to you? Really don't see how this one could happen.

Simon
July 20th, 2011, 9:06 AM
Very true but ultimately we need someone who will score goals and even at his worst he's more reliable than anyone we have. For all the hassle he's caused, he still averages just under one in two in England (61 in 139) and we would kill for someone like that at the moment. Also, for all his faults, Redknapp is good at getting the best out of troubled players.

Simon
July 20th, 2011, 9:07 AM
How can you afford him though? Obviously you won't pay even a third of his wages and why would City pay them or even sell to you? Really don't see how this one could happen.

City will have to pay some of his wages which they will not want to do but will have to do if they want to get rid of him, and if he's interested then he'll have to take a cut.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 20th, 2011, 9:09 AM
He probably won't take a cut. He seems the sort to just sit there and absorb the money if he doesn't get the move he wants. If Man City continue to make him train with the kids and the stiffs, maybe he'll pull the Pandev move we were on about last week and head to Madrid on a free. Mourinho seems to want him back again but City won't drop their asking price.

Beefy
July 20th, 2011, 9:12 AM
He'll end up on loan to Madrid on Deadline Day. Nothing else makes sense for everyone.

Simon
July 20th, 2011, 9:13 AM
A few more little bits of info...

· Scott Parker WAS NOT a target until Sandro Injury, but interest in him remains only very small.
· In fact scouts were out in Denmark to watch Jack Rodwell; Liverpool had 2 bids rejected a while back even after they met Everton asking price but Everton will not sell to Liverpool. That might come back to haunt them. Spurs had interest but Harry wants success now. Could still be target in this window.
· Spurs are in the “HUNT” for a Schalke striker for 25 million Euros. Also interested in his Peruvian team mate who Schalke are less likely to want to sell but for 20 million Euros they will certainly take notice. This will be spurs biggest deal of the window if it can be pulled off.
· Daniel Levy likes deadline day deals and is keeping tabs on Barcelona creative midfielder Afellay, IF Fabregas and Sanchez sign. Loan deal is very possible and this could be Levy’s rabbit out of hat signing.
· Pavlyuchenko is now somehow untouchable at spurs. He will sign a new deal. Is very much settled and is friends with the main core in the dressing room. Shame the same thing can not be said about Modric.
· Jermaine Defoe; the management are unsure; they personally can’t believe he will have another season as bad as last. Harry Redknapp was not that upset with the comments he made about Europa League; just media hype.
· No interest in Bentley at the minute and Tottenham very frustrated. They will be lucky to get back half of what they paid but might be worth it his wages on the books.
· Jermaine Jenas and Alan Hutton to Aston Villa and watch out they may be after Crouch too.
· Daniel Levy is trying to sort out some sort of deal with Rangers new owner. This deal was offered to them under the old owners, who refused. They did not trust Daniel Levy. The deal could see players move on loan and there will definitely be a friendly played each season.

That is all I have on Tottenham for the present time, however, after having read some of the other transfer information from other bloggers; I am going to email my source to verify if there could be any truth in them.

On a final note watch out for PSG and Malaga. It has been reported widely in the press about the new found fortune at PSG but Malaga are also very wealthy and I have been told they are both very close to splashing a fortune. Tottenham should be seen as good hunting ground.

More interested in the PSG/Malaga stuff at the end than any of our stuff. It's quite exciting to see a newly-rich club throwing money around that aren't in direct competition with us.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 20th, 2011, 9:14 AM
Nah, I've heard that Adebayor's boyfriend doesn't fancy Spain.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 20th, 2011, 9:20 AM
Imagine Adebayor getting a last minute winner for Spurs against Arsenal :eek: there would be a riot.

Could be a good signing for Spurs. He looked class at Arsenal for a while, and was never really given a chance at City.

Beefy
July 20th, 2011, 9:20 AM
· Spurs are in the “HUNT” for a Schalke striker for 25 million Euros. Also interested in his Peruvian team mate who Schalke are less likely to want to sell but for 20 million Euros they will certainly take notice. This will be spurs biggest deal of the window if it can be pulled off.

If Huntelaar goes for €25m then the World has gone mad.

Simon
July 20th, 2011, 9:21 AM
Yeah only cos Arsenal fans are a bunch of cunts, OH HE RAN TOWARDS US NOW I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO ACT LIKE A TOTAL PRICK IT'S NOT FAIR :( :( :(

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/09/14/article-0-066744DB000005DC-641_468x298.jpg

Look at the state of them, absolute mincers.

Simon
July 20th, 2011, 9:22 AM

If Huntelaar goes for €25m then the World has gone mad.

Not as mad as if it's Raul or Edu he's talking about :D

RFF Champ
July 20th, 2011, 9:23 AM
A few more little bits of info...

More interested in the PSG/Malaga stuff at the end than any of our stuff. It's quite exciting to see a newly-rich club throwing money around that aren't in direct competition with us.

Malaga have signed loads of players. Lots of players who are getting on but definitely have some quality as well some young exciting players. It'll be interesting to see how they get on.

Keano's Magic Hat
Huntelaar is an unbelievably poor footballer.

Simon, how trustworthy is this fella? When you mentioned Rio Ferdinand-Spurs on here I immediately set out to find the story, stumbled on a Spurs site that had a sub-forum dedicated to 'ITK' bollocks. Spurs fans love it.

Andy
Like any other set of fans wouldn't react in the same way :dunno:

RFF Champ
July 20th, 2011, 9:26 AM
Not as mad as if it's Raul or Edu he's talking about :D

I was reading Fourfourtwo's article about transfers that very nearly happened. A few of them were to do with Spurs and one of them was how Spurs were negotiating to bring Raul to the club when Ramos was manager but he got the sack before it could go through. I never even knew Spurs were interested in him.

Keano's Magic Hat
Like any other set of fans wouldn't react in the same way :dunno:

Name me one other site that has a forum dedicated to 'ITKs'.

Furthermore, I'd gather most people of reasonable intelligence would be quite skeptical when 99% of the stuff they've quoted elsewhere has been proven to be absolute nonsense. No source and no proven track record = no good.

edit: you're talking about the Adebayor reaction, aren't you? :dork:

son_of_foley
Was Bentley not like 16m? Lucky to get half of that? Surely they would be lucky to get a 1/3rd of that now

Simon

Simon, how trustworthy is this fella? When you mentioned Rio Ferdinand-Spurs on here I immediately set out to find the story, stumbled on a Spurs site that had a sub-forum dedicated to 'ITK' bollocks. Spurs fans love it.

No idea, he's new. ITK only gets posted nowadays if the person posting it can cite and verify their sources (in theory at least).

son_of_foley
July 20th, 2011, 9:27 AM
Name me one other site that has a forum dedicated to ITKs. Furthermore, I'd gather most people of reasonable intelligence would be quite skeptical when 99% of the stuff they've quoted elsewhere has been proven to be absolute nonsense. No source = no good.

Andys was a response to simons point about Arsenal fans being cunts about Adebayor

RFF Champ
July 20th, 2011, 9:27 AM

I followed this for a while http://twitter.com/#!/SpursITK

It's every single ITK information that goes onto various Spurs boards. It's ridiculous how many of them claim to be ITKs, I wouldn't even give them the time of day.

Pablo Diablo
July 20th, 2011, 9:32 AM
Yeah only cos Arsenal fans are a bunch of cunts, OH HE RAN TOWARDS US NOW I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO ACT LIKE A TOTAL PRICK IT'S NOT FAIR :( :( :(

It's better than getting mad because he just walked by

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/12_03/CampbellACTION_468x343.jpg

Every club does this in every sport.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 20th, 2011, 9:33 AM
nah, that little ginger lad deserves it

turdpower
July 20th, 2011, 9:34 AM

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/09/14/article-0-066744DB000005DC-641_468x298.jpg

Look at the state of them, absolute mincers.

Is that black guy in a blue shirt celebrating?

Keano's Magic Hat
July 20th, 2011, 9:35 AM
yes mate, that's Adebayor

Simon
July 20th, 2011, 9:39 AM
ahahahha

turdpower
July 20th, 2011, 9:47 AM
Hahaha.

Pablo Diablo
July 20th, 2011, 9:48 AM
KMH is going through a Purple Patch here.

Andy
July 20th, 2011, 9:48 AM
Name me one other site that has a forum dedicated to 'ITKs'.

Furthermore, I'd gather most people of reasonable intelligence would be quite skeptical when 99% of the stuff they've quoted elsewhere has been proven to be absolute nonsense. No source and no proven track record = no good.

edit: you're talking about the Adebayor reaction, aren't you? :dork:

Yeah sorry, thread moved quick.

Agree on the ITK shite, Spurs seem to have more sad people claiming to be ITK than any other club. I love the line in the one Simon posted "management personally can't believe Defoe will have another season as bad as the last one". What a load of absolute horse shit. :lol:

Alf
July 20th, 2011, 9:51 AM
That's an easy assumption to make.

Of course the management think he won't be as shit this year. It's hard to think he could possibly be shitter.

We do have a LOT of no name wankers who claim to know stuff. There are some who are pretty good though...

e.g. Coulibaly

Andy
July 20th, 2011, 9:53 AM
He'll be in trouble if he's leaking inside information so soon after signing.

Simon
July 20th, 2011, 9:54 AM
That's an easy assumption to make.

Of course the management think he won't be as shit this year. It's hard to think he could possibly be shitter.

We do have a LOT of no name wankers who claim to know stuff. There are some who are pretty good though...

e.g. Coulibaly

Everyone goes very quiet when you highlight ones like that. I forget who it was that called Coulibaly but it was weeks before the press had a sniff of it.

Alf
July 20th, 2011, 9:54 AM
Hahaha.

Chris Scott
July 20th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Wow, imagine Derby day if we would have signed Rodwell.

Simon
July 20th, 2011, 10:54 AM
When was the last time a player went from Liverpool to Everton or the other way around? Barmby?

Chris Scott
July 20th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Barmby as a major one yes, but Abel Xavier joined from Everton I think.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 20th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Xavier has great hair :cool:

Simon
July 20th, 2011, 11:28 AM
I seriously wish football would fucking hurry up, this forum is drier than a nun's chuff at the moment. Someone make a thread about your expectations for the new season or some shit. So bored without football ngggg

Gangers
July 20th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Copa America is happening at the moment.

RFF Champ
July 20th, 2011, 11:35 AM
It's quite interesting that Wolves seem to have moved to make Roger Johnson captain in their pre-season friendlies. He wasn't captain at Birmingham and seems to have a lot of hopes pinned upon him to sort out their defence.

Simon
July 20th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Yeah but no one is interested in it. MichaelC alone and wanking himself into a coma over Venezuela and Paraguay making the semis doesn't make for entertaining debate.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 20th, 2011, 11:41 AM
I'm interested in it, just haven't been able to see it because I don't have ESPN or Setanta Ireland and my internet connection is too rubbish at home to stream games. Copa America is always good value for some entertaining football and seeing players who look class and will end up on a European bench somewhere soon.

Ringo
July 20th, 2011, 11:42 AM
BBF and I were also interested in it until poor Chile got knocked out :(

Alf
July 20th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Jo might be off to Internacional... which might make Leandro available...

Also, just for a bit of colour... here is some funny Jo info from someone who knows Anderson's fiance.

interesting facts about jo;

he flies a differnt set of girls (prostitutes) over from brazil every week to keep him company . He doesnt like to use english girls cos he thinks they are ugly and doesnt want his antics getting out in the press . they live with him for two weeks he pays for everything and he can do as he wishes with them for those two weeks.

he constantly claims he is broke and often has to ask his best mate anderson for money.

Simon
July 20th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Ahahaha that is class. Brazilians can't get enough brasses

Keano's Magic Hat
July 20th, 2011, 12:18 PM
that's class

Curly Toe
July 20th, 2011, 1:49 PM
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/179/brownf.png

Any use?

Simon
July 20th, 2011, 1:50 PM
Is he that fat black goalie that was at Blackburn?

Curly Toe
July 20th, 2011, 1:55 PM
Yeah

turdpower
July 20th, 2011, 8:05 PM
For you Red Dog:

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/Loan-Signing-Reds/story-12974206-detail/story.html

I steal cable
July 21st, 2011, 3:01 AM
ahahahah fucking hell

RFF Champ
July 21st, 2011, 10:51 AM
Wigan have bid 4milEUR for Nelson Valdez, perhaps as a replacement for Zog.

Ringo
July 21st, 2011, 10:54 AM
He's a legend. If they can get him he could turn into a real cult hero.

RFF Champ
July 21st, 2011, 10:58 AM
I was just reading up on Valdez and he sounds brilliant

This is the man who, gun in hand, chased off thieves stealing his car and ran into his blazing home to save his dog; the man who sends €10,000 (£8,285) a month to his home town, where a community depends on him, and buys presents for 1,500 kids every Christmas.

All from Sid Lowe's blog http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/sep/13/hercules-stun-barcelona-sid-lowe

Simon
July 21st, 2011, 11:01 AM
Is this the Paraguay lad?

Ringo
July 21st, 2011, 11:02 AM
Yeah, he's terrific. Really likeable player on the pitch too. Works his socks off.

son_of_foley
July 21st, 2011, 11:05 AM
Alex heard anything about Dave Jones? I'm still hoping we'll get him in. SWOON

RFF Champ
July 21st, 2011, 11:08 AM
Last I heard of him was a line at the bottom of an article in a midlands newspaper I was reading that Wigan had invited him on their pre-season tour of wherever.

I completely forgot about him though, I think he'd fit Wigan's system well.

son_of_foley
July 21st, 2011, 11:12 AM
Lets be honest he's better than Downing

RFF Champ
July 21st, 2011, 11:16 AM
haha I wouldn't go that far.

I'd like to see him get a run in the Premier League because he showed a lot of potential for Wolves in the second half of their first season back in the league. He was playing behind the striker and playing some great stuff.

I'd love to find a video of the goal he scored against Spurs because it was mint. They were passing it round them for ages before he scored.

Found it but it doesn't show the whole move which is a shame because I remember it as having a lot of passes in it - from 1:50 http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1383640665123

RFF Champ
July 21st, 2011, 2:37 PM
Malaga have signed Santi Cazorla. They've made a few interesting signings, I'm excited to see how they get on.

Ringo
July 21st, 2011, 2:55 PM
Definitely. van Nistelrooy, Toulalan, Cazorla, Baptista, Mathijsen and Demichelis (lol) all have lots of experience playing for top clubs. They've got some highly rated young players there too such as Juanmi, Nacho Camacho, Monreal, Isco and Salomon Rondon. FM midget legend Diego Buonanotte too.

EDIT: Also.

@petejenson - "Scraping up last few shillings to pay for Cesc, Barca are trying to finalise sale of midfielder Oriol Romeu to Chelsea for 5 million euros."

RFF Champ
July 21st, 2011, 4:43 PM
Hitzlsperger was in talks with Wolves today but apparently they want to clear out before they can sign him.

They really are missing out if they sell Milijas. He's always looked a quality player when he's played.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 21st, 2011, 7:54 PM
Sanchez to Barca.

I assume thats all their summer money spent then :rolleyes:

RuneEdge
July 21st, 2011, 7:58 PM
They'll always have more money if they really needed it. Just not for Arsenal and Fabregas cuz they know they have them by the balls.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 21st, 2011, 8:09 PM
Not really because he has over 4 years left on his contract, and i'd be amazed if he did something like Torres and just give up like he did for Liverpool.

It's simple, if they want him, then put in a proper offer. Hopefully he'll stay for another 2 years so by then the 2 new kids we nicked from Barca will be ready.

It's just so tedious, and they're wasting everyones time.

RuneEdge
July 21st, 2011, 9:43 PM
I mean in the sense that they know Fabregas wants to join them and they know no one else can swoop in with a bigger bid and take him cuz the player would probably turn it down.
That wasnt the same case with Torres. This is more like what happened with Ronaldo except Barca dont have the kind of money that Madrid do and we dont know how much patience Cesc has.
If it was up to the player, he'd hope Arsenal get a huge transfer fee as some kind of parting gift. But Barca believe Cesc's value's supposed to drop every year as he nears the end of his contract. And its looking more and more like that transfer bid that Arsenal and Cesc want isnt coming. I mean, they can find money to buy Sanchez who they definately dont need. Where as they know Cesc isnt going anywhere so why buy him now? Sanchez had like 4-5 other teams who could've bought him.

So its a question of how long will Cesc hang around for before realising he's gonna have to be an asshole and force the move through from his end. Barca know the longer it takes, the better it works in their favour. And I wouldnt be surprised if this time next year, Barca look to bring in another striker and a centre back ahead of Fabregas.

Arsenal's only hope IMO is if Cesc turns around and says he doesnt ever want to leave the club anymore.

turdpower
July 21st, 2011, 10:54 PM
This is EXACTLY like Ronaldo and Madrid. Except Ronaldo is valued much higher.

Andy
July 22nd, 2011, 1:32 AM
Most Arsenal fans seem to be excited about the Jagielka bid. I'm not convinced. Is spending what would be at least £14m on a centre back who isn't that tall and approaching 30 really the best use of our money? I rate him and he'd certainly better than getting no one in but I'd rather have Cahill or Samba personally.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 22nd, 2011, 4:26 AM
Guardiola has said Bojan and Jeffren are leaving, so in that case they definitely do need Sanchez now otherwise they basically have Afellay (not really a winger) beyond Villa, Messi and Pedro. I think they would do with a defender or two before getting Fabregas in, however.

Simon
July 22nd, 2011, 4:27 AM
Afellay might be leaving as well. The thing with Barca is you never know what they have in reserve. Three years ago Pedro was an unknown, but he came into the side as a fully-formed exceptional player. With Thiago, Muniesa, Montoya, Sergi, Bartra, Dalmau and Oriol all waiting for their chance, you never know how understrength Barca's squad actually is.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 22nd, 2011, 4:36 AM
I don't think Afellay will go, it sounds like they want to keep him. He's only been there 6 months and has been very good when he was got a chance.

Simon
July 22nd, 2011, 4:45 AM
Udinese have been royally fucked this summer. They've lost the entire spine of their team - Sanchez, Inler, Zapata all gone. They still have Handanovic who is a great keeper but it's a real shame after qualifying for the CL.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 22nd, 2011, 4:54 AM
I thought they may have waited to see if they qualified fully or not before letting players go, but that may have been a struggle for them anyway. They probably have their eyes on a shitload of other cheapo South Americans that they'll ship in now and keep it going.

Simon
July 22nd, 2011, 4:56 AM
The've already got replacements in for Zapata and Inler, some Brazilian centre back and a French midfielder, never heard of either of them.

MACE
July 22nd, 2011, 5:03 AM
This is EXACTLY like Ronaldo and Madrid. Except Ronaldo is valued much higher.

And at least Fergie seemed decent about it and knew Ronaldo wanted to go and managed to get another season out of him before letting him go with his blessing (albeit for a massive amount of money).

Wenger and the world knows that Cesc wants to go, but won't let him (without receiving a silly bid). I don't believe he's worth £40m and certainly wouldn't pay that for him.

But then again, if Torres is worth £50m then I suppose it's about right.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 22nd, 2011, 5:13 AM
The've already got replacements in for Zapata and Inler, some Brazilian centre back and a French midfielder, never heard of either of them.

I see rumours pages saying they're in for Gio dos Santos too, who would be a good replacement for Sanchez in theory (same age, cheaper, loads of ability).

Simon
July 22nd, 2011, 5:14 AM
I think in five years time Gio will still be in our reserves and I'll still be hoping at the start of the season that we give him a go and see if we can tap his potential. He's the definition of a fucking waster, such a shame.

Mik
July 22nd, 2011, 5:56 AM
And at least Fergie seemed decent about it and knew Ronaldo wanted to go and managed to get another season out of him before letting him go with his blessing (albeit for a massive amount of money).

Wenger and the world knows that Cesc wants to go, but won't let him (without receiving a silly bid). I don't believe he's worth £40m and certainly wouldn't pay that for him.

But then again, if Torres is worth £50m then I suppose it's about right.

You literally contradicted yourself within the same post.

son_of_foley
July 22nd, 2011, 6:00 AM
It doesnt make sense either because Fergie did nothing different than Wengers done. He said he wouldnt sell them a virus and yeah he accepted the offer but it was a world record moment.

Im not sure the situations are exactly the same because I do believe Ronaldo would have considered going somewhere else

RuneEdge
July 22nd, 2011, 6:25 AM
It doesnt make sense either because Fergie did nothing different than Wengers done. He said he wouldnt sell them a virus and yeah he accepted the offer but it was a world record moment.

Im not sure the situations are exactly the same because I do believe Ronaldo would have considered going somewhere else

I dont think so. He only joined Real Madrid because it was his childhood dream and also because it was actually his father's dying wish for him to one day put on their white shirt. It would've taken a ridiculous amount of money to have turned him away from Madrid at that point. Right now, having already joined them, it might be a different case.

son_of_foley
July 22nd, 2011, 6:36 AM
I think he would've gone to AC Milan if the money had been there. Thats not a slight on United but I think he's aware that he has a few moves in him so wouldnt have been suprised if Madrid had fallen through he would've gone to Italy for a few years before then hoping to spain

RuneEdge
July 22nd, 2011, 6:52 AM
I find that hard to believe, cuz at the end of the day they're just assumptions. There had been talks of bids or enquiries from Madrid for a few years before we had won the Champion's League final in Moscow. So after the final had past, I think I remember Ronaldo coming out first and telling everyone he wanted to leave for Madrid, which woke them up and got them coming in.
So it was the player who wanted to move to Madrid, not a case of "the highest bidder wins". And Ronaldo said on many occasions during that year and even after the transfer that United and Madrid are the only two teams he ever wants to play for. He said he'll either go back to United at the end of his contract or he'll retire at the club he's at.
He's never given the impression that there's any chance of him playing for another team, except maybe those rumours where he was bragging about Man City wanting to make him an even richer player. And that's assuming those stories were even true.

son_of_foley
July 22nd, 2011, 6:53 AM
I know him very well

RuneEdge
July 22nd, 2011, 7:01 AM
Fair enough.

turdpower
July 22nd, 2011, 7:05 AM
What's his favourite pasta dish?

son_of_foley
July 22nd, 2011, 7:13 AM
Chicken Alfredo, Paris Hilton cooked it for him

MACE
July 22nd, 2011, 8:11 AM
You literally contradicted yourself within the same post.

I know. That was the point. Both sides of the coin. :rolleyes:

Simon
July 22nd, 2011, 8:30 AM
We've had a bid accepted for Vucinic.

Ringo
July 22nd, 2011, 8:33 AM
Good stuff. Just what you need.

Simon
July 22nd, 2011, 10:33 AM
Roma have agreed a deal for Bojan so hopefully that moves the Vucinic deal on. We still desperately need another striker IMO though.

Andy
July 22nd, 2011, 10:50 AM
Eboue off to Galatasaray.

son_of_foley
July 22nd, 2011, 10:51 AM
Wonder if that makes Drogba going there any more likely

Simon
July 22nd, 2011, 11:07 AM
I quite liked Eboue, he wasn't as bad as people made out and worked hard, I thought he was harshly treated by Arsenal fans. I think he is similar to Bendtner in that he's a decent player who will do well at a club that doesn't emphasise technique so much, he just wasn't really suited to their style.

Simon
July 22nd, 2011, 11:09 AM
Vucinic deal is £12.5m rising to £15.5m, not bad at all in today's market. Now get Adebayor done and we will get CL football once again.

Simon
July 22nd, 2011, 11:14 AM
The Bojan move is mad:

-Roma have bought him for £12m.
-They are scheduled to sell him back to Barca at the end of the season for £13m.
-If they decide they want to keep him, they have to pay Barca a further £28m.

RuneEdge
July 22nd, 2011, 11:18 AM
So basically Roma are borrowing him for a year and also making £1m out of it for free.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 22nd, 2011, 11:18 AM
What happens if Barcelona bid £13m and Roma bid £28m?

son_of_foley
July 22nd, 2011, 11:20 AM
Roma get to keep him unless the player rejects in which case Barca get him

Ringo
July 22nd, 2011, 11:32 AM
This is supposedly similar to what we're supposed to be doing with Oriol Romeu, but something has to be wrong because it just wouldn't make sense. Either that or SACK THE BOARD~!

Lagom
July 22nd, 2011, 11:50 AM
The clause is invoked at the end of the 2012/13 season, so it's a 2 season loan, with a small benefit for Roma, the problem they then have, is if Bojan does fulfill his potential and become an integral part of their team, they'll have to fork out to make it up to 40m.

Oh, and it's all €, not £

Simon
July 22nd, 2011, 11:55 AM
Sporting have signed Capel from Sevilla for €3.5m :eek: that's fuck all, he's good.

RuneEdge
July 22nd, 2011, 11:57 AM
I'm still confused. So Roma are initially gonna pay 12m. At the end of next season, do they have to sell back to Barca for 13m?

Simon
July 22nd, 2011, 11:58 AM
No, but if they don't then they have to pay €28m to keep him.

son_of_foley
July 22nd, 2011, 11:58 AM
Unless they pay up another 28m euros yes

RFF Champ
July 22nd, 2011, 11:59 AM
I assumed originally it was that if Barca bid 13mil then Roma would have to sell unless they stumped up 28mil. If Barca didn't bid to buy him back after two seasons then he continues with Roma.

If that's not how it is then it's crackers.

Red Dog
July 22nd, 2011, 12:04 PM
Barca dont have a great record of negotiating transfers.

The E'to/Ibrahamovic transfer still has to go down as one of the most bizarre in recent history.

RuneEdge
July 22nd, 2011, 12:07 PM
So basically this is a season long loan with an option to buy him for 27m (28m minus the 1m they make from selling back), with the only difference here being that they're "borrowing" Barca 12m during the loan period?

son_of_foley
July 22nd, 2011, 12:12 PM
I think and this might be wrong but in essence Barca are getting 12m for a downpayment on him. If Barca decide they want him back they can snap him up for 13m meaning Roma would make 1m on basically improving him as a player.

However if he goes shite they will have just spent 12m on him.

If he's brilliant and they think fuck off Barca we are not selling at 13m they can pay another 28m to keep him. In this case Barca would not still be giving them the 13m so he would infact have cost them 40m

RuneEdge
July 22nd, 2011, 12:16 PM
So Roma dont get 13m back before they pay another 28m to keep him?

This is ridiculous.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 22nd, 2011, 12:28 PM
Whats not to get? Its basically barca raising short term cash. Get 12 in now, hope to get 28 more next year. Its a 12m loan and the interest is bojan for a year plus 1m.

turdpower
July 22nd, 2011, 12:53 PM
In what world would Roma ever pay another 28m?

Ringo
July 22nd, 2011, 12:55 PM
Won't happen. As Winkle says, Roma get Bojan on loan for 2 seasons + €1m. Barca get the cash now which they supposedly need to get Fabregas. Everyone's happy.

turdpower
July 22nd, 2011, 1:05 PM
Has anyone from Arsenal said they'll sell Fabregas for a certain amount?

Simon
July 22nd, 2011, 1:36 PM
Giovani has agreed terms with Udinese but is holding out for Sevilla apparently, maybe that's why they let Capel go.

Gary J
July 22nd, 2011, 1:41 PM
Wheres Capel gone to?

Lagom
July 22nd, 2011, 1:52 PM
Sporting have signed Capel from Sevilla for €3.5m :eek: that's fuck all, he's good.

Wheres Capel gone to?

:yes:

Gary J
July 22nd, 2011, 1:58 PM
Ah right missed that post just saw the one about Dos Santos holding out for Sevilla.

Ringo
July 23rd, 2011, 5:48 AM
So we've agreed a deal for Romeu apparently, but everyone is wondering whether there will be a buy-back clause since the fee is supposed to be only €5m and lots of Barca fans are angry that they're letting him go.

Gourlay also says there will be another signing within the next 10 days. Probably Lukaku. That'll be 3 young players signed which is all well and good, but we do have some clear problems with the team that need to be addressed now rather than a couple of years time.

turdpower
July 23rd, 2011, 6:35 AM
I was reading somewere that AVB wants to bring in some English players because of the new 8 players out of 25 ruling.

Or get rid of some of your other foreign players.

Ringo
July 23rd, 2011, 6:55 AM
Maybe, we're alright at the moment though I think. I'm sure the likes of Hilario, Anelka and Bosingwa will be off sooner rather than later (next Summer in all likelihood) which will free up some foreign slots. I think we're at the upper limit with 17.

If Lukaku signs this Summer and stays with us for the next 3 years he will count as home grown too.

RFF Champ
July 23rd, 2011, 7:15 AM
Didn't AVB rule out Lukaku? Or at the very least the idea that he'd be in your squad this year. He said something like 'we won't be signing anymore attackers'.

That homegrown thing was in the Sun today. Don't be ashamed turdy, we all know where you read it.

Bennedy
July 23rd, 2011, 7:17 AM
Yeah, it's all well and good that we are investing in the future of the club but we need at least 4 players to come straight in to the squad to replace the likes of Anelka, Malouda and Kalou.

Where did you hear AVB say that, Alex? I haven't heard anything about "no more attackers".

Ringo
July 23rd, 2011, 7:50 AM
"On that decision, to bring in another forward, at the moment I don't think we will."

It's well known that we've been haggling with Anderlecht for some time now though. It's just a matter of agreeing on a fee, but I think he's supposed to be staying there until at least January, so that may explain AVB's comments.

I'm happy to keep Malouda because at times he was class last season and is a goal threat. Anelka and Kalou, not so much.

Obviously Anelka and Kalou score goals too but Anelka has looked uninterested for a while, has seemingly lost a fair bit of pace, could get in the way of Super Danny Sturridge and is on big wages. Kalou is just a knob.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 23rd, 2011, 7:27 PM
Sunday Times linking United with Joey Barton..

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lobhq97ytF1qkue6q.gif

turdpower
July 23rd, 2011, 8:21 PM
FUCK THE FUCKING FUCK OFF.