PDA

View Full Version : The Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

Keano's Magic Hat
July 6th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Course not :lol:

I don't know, he takes a superb free kick

Bad Collin
July 6th, 2011, 10:49 AM
I can't find a figure, hopefully not that much.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 6th, 2011, 10:51 AM
15m + two youth players

Alf
July 6th, 2011, 10:58 AM
What an odd team Liverpool are putting together.

Bad Collin
July 6th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Its like we are deciding to be a mid table team.

Simon
July 6th, 2011, 11:13 AM
65m-odd on Carroll, Henderson and Adam is horrendous business.

If we actually get a striker worth his salt in, I would be feeling pretty bloody good about our chances this season. Arsenal losing their best players, City spending big on mediocre players and losing their lynchpin, Liverpool spending all their money on average players...if Chelsea's ageing wonders hit the skids maybe we can challenge United for the title :scared:

Chris Scott
July 6th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Not to fussed on Adam.

Chris Scott
July 6th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Arnt Spurs losing their best player in Modric Simon?

Simon
July 6th, 2011, 11:22 AM
The Guardian are saying Sunderland are on the verge of signing Brown and O'Shea. Is it just me or does the identity of who is close and who is holding up the deal seeming to change every day? Last week it was O'Shea holding out for Arsenal, then Brown didn't fancy it, now it's Gibson. If this time it's right then they have it spot on - sign O'Shea and Brown who will give some top-class experience and should both be at their peak now, forget about Gibson who is a no-mark who is only playing at the highest level because he sometimes scores a nice goal.

Assuming they keep Gyan, Sunderland are nicely set for next year I reckon. They've not signed anyone amazing but players like Larsson, O'Shea and Brown will add a great deal to the squad while, for my money, they've replaced Henderson with a superior player for a fraction of the price. Gardner is a great little player, maybe not with the potential that Henderson has but he's a better player right now and has his peak years ahead of him. He's also better than Gibson at everything Gibson does well - he even scores more long-range goals than him, though for some reason he doesn't get the credit he deserves for it.

I'm assuming Gordon/Mignolet will be leaving seeing as they've signed Westwood, which will it be?

Simon
July 6th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Arnt Spurs losing their best player in Modric Simon?

Not looking likely as of right now. Unless Modric throws a paddy I think he will still be there, certainly it seems a better bet than Fabregas or Nasri. Maybe not Tevez as City are pricing him out of a move.

Bad Collin
July 6th, 2011, 11:29 AM
65m-odd on Carroll, Henderson and Adam is horrendous

I still think Carroll could be good business and he arrived at the same time as Suarez who looks incredible value.

The midfield is a problem, Henderson is a massive gamble for that money and Adams is massively over rated. He could be decent cover but 9 million is a lot to spend on that.

Simon
July 6th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Which players have gone on loan the other way? Shelvey?

MMH
July 6th, 2011, 11:50 AM
65m-odd on Carroll, Henderson and Adam is horrendous business.

If we actually get a striker worth his salt in, I would be feeling pretty bloody good about our chances this season. Arsenal losing their best players, City spending big on mediocre players and losing their lynchpin, Liverpool spending all their money on average players...if Chelsea's ageing wonders hit the skids maybe we can challenge United for the title :scared:

Well they did get 50M back from Torres.

All British as well. Liverpool dont have money problems anymore anyway so I guess it doesnt even matter. They probably wont get 55M back for Carroll and Henderson ever again but as they have been brought in as young hungry players they probably dont intend on selling them on anyway.

The money is a bit silly but I actually think they are good signings.

RFF Champ
July 6th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Not looking likely as of right now. Unless Modric throws a paddy I think he will still be there, certainly it seems a better bet than Fabregas or Nasri. Maybe not Tevez as City are pricing him out of a move.

I'm not taking a swipe here but what makes you think this? For a while, even when it became clear you weren't going to finish 4th you seemed very confident that you'd hold onto Modric. Just because he seems a bit quiet doesn't mean he isn't the sort to want a move.

I admire your confidence but by going to Chelsea his wage will rise very substantially along with his chances of winning silverware. I think he'll go.

Bad Collin
July 6th, 2011, 12:52 PM
He thinks that they can refuse all offers and he will continue to give his all.

I happen to agree.

Simon
July 6th, 2011, 1:06 PM
I'm not taking a swipe here but what makes you think this? For a while, even when it became clear you weren't going to finish 4th you seemed very confident that you'd hold onto Modric. Just because he seems a bit quiet doesn't mean he isn't the sort to want a move.

I admire your confidence but by going to Chelsea his wage will rise very substantially along with his chances of winning silverware. I think he'll go.

Because we have told him with finality that he won't be leaving. I think we can price United out of a move and will probably refuse outright to deal with Chelsea, as we did with their two offers so far. If he goes on strike or something then maybe things will change, and there have been tiny murmurs of him doing that, but I don't think he is that type and expect he will be professional if he's told that he must stay.

We're in a superb situation to take a firm stance because he's only just signed a new contract, it's not like he can sit out his contract and then leave because he'd be here for another five years, and if he stopped trying for the team then why would another side want him in a year's time? We're in a fundamentally superior position to keep him than Arsenal are with Fabregas and Nasri because he signed a new contract so recently. Tevez is more complicated because of the prohibitive fee.

I've said on a number of occasions that I expect him to stay this season and go next year regardless of how we do. If we qualify for the CL again, I would still expect him to go if a big enough club came in for him.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 6th, 2011, 1:13 PM
Liverpool's squad looks to be shaping up quite well, they played some of the best football in the league in the second half of the season with Dalglish bringing in this fresh, high-energy, multiple midfield runners formation. Henderson fits into that nicely. Adam is overrated but it's only 7.5 million so hardly a big deal if he adds numbers to the squad. The defence looks a good mix of talented youth and experience. They could do with another forward or two, Downing for 20 million would be fucking eye-watering considering that is close to the price being quoted for Juan Mata (although he appears reluctant to leave Valencia). I get the "buying British" theory in terms of bringing in young players, but Downing doesn't count as young now and I'd be stunned if they couldn't show a bit more imagination in terms of getting in attacking talent.

Bad Collin
July 6th, 2011, 1:14 PM
People on RAWK are delighted about the Adam signing :wtf:

Andy
July 6th, 2011, 1:14 PM
Fabregas still has four years left on his contract too. If Modric wants to go he'll go.

Random guess: Nasri to City, Modric to United, Moutinho to Chelsea.

Bad Collin
July 6th, 2011, 1:18 PM
Which players have gone on loan the other way? Shelvey?

I'm hearing Shelvey on loan and Konchevsky permanently. That makes me feel a bit better about the deal, that and the thought of Adam putting corners in for big Andy.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 6th, 2011, 1:21 PM
Fabregas still has four years left on his contract too. If Modric wants to go he'll go.

Random guess: Nasri to City, Modric to United, Moutinho to Chelsea.

Would be surprised if Moutinho went to an English side. His ownership status is fairly complicated in terms of who gets a share of transfer fees and English clubs have a real problem dealing with that, even though it's fairly standard nowadays across world football.

Simon
July 6th, 2011, 1:22 PM

We'll see. I'm calling Nasri and Fabs to go, Modric to stay. No idea on Tevez, wouldn't surprise if the cunt goes on strike.

RFF Champ
July 6th, 2011, 1:27 PM
Because we have told him with finality that he won't be leaving. I think we can price United out of a move and will probably refuse outright to deal with Chelsea, as we did with their two offers so far. If he goes on strike or something then maybe things will change, and there have been tiny murmurs of him doing that, but I don't think he is that type and expect he will be professional if he's told that he must stay.

We're in a superb situation to take a firm stance because he's only just signed a new contract, it's not like he can sit out his contract and then leave because he'd be here for another five years, and if he stopped trying for the team then why would another side want him in a year's time? We're in a fundamentally superior position to keep him than Arsenal are with Fabregas and Nasri because he signed a new contract so recently. Tevez is more complicated because of the prohibitive fee.

I've said on a number of occasions that I expect him to stay this season and go next year regardless of how we do. If we qualify for the CL again, I would still expect him to go if a big enough club came in for him.

I think he will put in the transfer request, sooner or later. Modric made comments about an agreement with Levy when the new contract was signed that if another club made a bid that it should be considered. I think that's a clear indication that he would like to move onto bigger things but also get the best deal for Spurs. He was reportedly 3 years into a 10 year contract with Dinamo Zagreb when you signed him, wasn't he?

I also think that Levy's attitude will mean that there is a price on Modric's head. One that probably isn't out of Chelsea's reach.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 6th, 2011, 1:32 PM
I've been saying I think Modric will go, it's just a matter of bids coming in. It took one derisory bid to get him to go public with his intention to leave, if serious bids come in the move will go through. It's just not realistic for Spurs to hold on to Modric at this point in his career. If we're realistic, there's a very small minority of players who actually would go on strike to force a move so that's not the matter at hand, but how Modric can go on playing for side having stirred this up now.

He would need to perform a pretty big climbdown (a la Rooney) and would probably require a show of intention from Spurs in term of how they intend to progress, but unfortunately for Spurs, a year later it'll probably happen again because right now the squad needs improvements to challenge strongly for 4th.

MMH
July 6th, 2011, 1:38 PM
Liverpool's squad looks to be shaping up quite well, they played some of the best football in the league in the second half of the season with Dalglish bringing in this fresh, high-energy, multiple midfield runners formation. Henderson fits into that nicely. Adam is overrated but it's only 7.5 million so hardly a big deal if he adds numbers to the squad. The defence looks a good mix of talented youth and experience. They could do with another forward or two, Downing for 20 million would be fucking eye-watering considering that is close to the price being quoted for Juan Mata (although he appears reluctant to leave Valencia). I get the "buying British" theory in terms of bringing in young players, but Downing doesn't count as young now and I'd be stunned if they couldn't show a bit more imagination in terms of getting in attacking talent.

Im assuming the logic in Downing is that he is a tremendous crosser of the ball so he can feed Carroll who i good in the air and the fact that the rest of his game is lacking doesnt matter.

I do agree though 20M would be a crazy figure for a player like him.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 6th, 2011, 1:44 PM
Luis Suarez will probably look to buzz around Carroll and mainly operate from the left, it doesn't make sense to me to sign a player as static as Downing and try to fit him into that. His delivery is good but Liverpool's best performances last season for me came when they had plenty of pace and numbers breaking from deep, over-whelming the opposition midfield and defence. Kuyt did well in it because of his ability to hold the ball up and close people down. I think they should continue to look for more dynamism and pace in attack, with Carroll as a focal point to unsettle defenders.

MikeHunt
July 6th, 2011, 1:46 PM
i think the liverpool squad looks tidy. they really need another striker and winger and they could genuinely look like a threat again.

RFF Champ
July 6th, 2011, 1:46 PM
Luis Suarez will probably look to buzz around Carroll and mainly operate from the left, it doesn't make sense to me to sign a player as static as Downing and try to fit him into that. His delivery is good but Liverpool's best performances last season for me came when they had plenty of pace and numbers breaking from deep, over-whelming the opposition midfield and defence. Kuyt did well in it because of his ability to hold the ball up and close people down. I think they should continue to look for more dynamism and pace in attack, with Carroll as a focal point to unsettle defenders.

N'Zogbia sounds just the man for that role. He has shown he is able to play from the right, too.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 6th, 2011, 1:58 PM
I would agree with that, N'Zogbia would a more interesting signing for Liverpool with his pace, direct running and ability to run the ball out of midfield. Villa would be doing pretty well if they stung Liverpool for a massive fee for Downing and brought in N'Zogbia. I think they'll cope ok without Young if Albrighton can continue his development.

1_Pablo_Angel
July 6th, 2011, 2:06 PM

Downing was at his best for us breaking with pace. His crossing from the left is very hit and miss, a lot worse than I thought it would be. His crossing from the right impressed me more, and that was where he played in the main last season.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 6th, 2011, 2:06 PM
Luka Modric is at White Hart Lane already.. expect a transfer request or a fat new contract within an hour

bloody hell, I would LOVE it if we signed him :(

1_Pablo_Angel
July 6th, 2011, 2:08 PM
I think they'll cope ok without Young if Albrighton can continue his development.

I love the kid but it's a massive if. As frustrating as Ashley was he was a huge part of our team, for his workrate and constant energy as much as his creativity.

Albrighton was taken out of the firing line halfway through last season, I think it's important we don't rely on him too much this season or it could fuck him up a bit.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 6th, 2011, 2:09 PM
Albrighton not starting for the England U-21s during the recent tournament still winds me up

RFF Champ
July 6th, 2011, 2:13 PM
Norwich have signed Anthony Pilkington from Huddersfield. Their recruitment strategy seems to be to buy the players who stood out in the lower leagues last season. If they go down they'll have a great team for the Championship.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 6th, 2011, 2:14 PM
Downing was at his best for us breaking with pace. His crossing from the left is very hit and miss, a lot worse than I thought it would be. His crossing from the right impressed me more, and that was where he played in the main last season.

That's as maybe, but he doesn't have enough pace to be a 20 million player. That's his main problem, he's too one-paced to be a very good player and thus he's just a good Premier League winger really. I would find it hard to believe there is not better value out there. I think 12 million was probably about the peak of his value.

TraXX
July 6th, 2011, 2:24 PM
Norwich have signed Anthony Pilkington from Huddersfield. Their recruitment strategy seems to be to buy the players who stood out in the lower leagues last season. If they go down they'll have a great team for the Championship.

We are getting young, hungry and talented players instead of 'experienced heads' and people who have 'been there, done that'. It's always been Lamberts policy to get the players who reflect his attitude. Hopefully, these kids can hit the ground running and prove the critics wrong.

:yesyes:

MikeHunt
July 6th, 2011, 2:28 PM
rangers get nearly a million quid from the adam transfer, thanks kenny!

Andy
July 6th, 2011, 2:31 PM
Modric has left already, breaking news on SSN. What a pile of shite that channel is. Intriguing that it was so quick though.

Hi, I want to leave, bye.

Red Dog
July 6th, 2011, 2:42 PM
Only if we get a penalty.

Jesus Christ, what have we done to deserve Adam and Lucas in our midfield? :(

Not to fussed on Adam.
Adam is brilliant! He will be a fantastic signing. Quote this post this time next year. :cool:

Bad Collin
July 6th, 2011, 2:43 PM
It's in my diary.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 6th, 2011, 3:04 PM
Modric isn't leaving then.

turdpower
July 6th, 2011, 3:28 PM
I can't see that being the end of it.

Bluemoon
July 6th, 2011, 4:22 PM
I'm hearing Shelvey on loan and Konchevsky permanently. That makes me feel a bit better about the deal, that and the thought of Adam putting corners in for big Andy.

I just read it was Wilson.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 6th, 2011, 4:43 PM
Naymar's agent

"Madrid and Barcelona have both told Santos they are willing to pay his clause. The difference is that Barcelona will agree to allow him to stay in Brazil until the end of the year while Real Madrid want to sign him now. Mourinho sees him as part of his plan for this season."

Ringo
July 6th, 2011, 4:51 PM
Ronaldo, Higuain, Benzema, Neymar, Di Maria, Kaka, Ozil, Alonso, Sahin, Altintop, Pedro Leon, Callejon, Canales, Khedira, Diarra, Granero, Gago.

Well there's some good options for the front 6.

Coentrao and Marcelo too.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 6th, 2011, 5:20 PM
DuckerTheTimes James Ducker
United's formal bid of around 20m for Nasri actually went in about a fornight ago #MUFC #AFC
3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

DuckerTheTimes James Ducker
Nasri is preparing to inform Wenger he wants to leave #AFC in knowledge that #MUFC have made a formal bid of about 20m thetim.es/omd3Nb

Keano's Magic Hat
July 6th, 2011, 5:27 PM
sounds like we put our bid in before City flashed their money bags at mr nasri. good news that we're still looking to bring in a midfielder, though:yes:

Simon
July 6th, 2011, 6:47 PM
I can't see that being the end of it.
Wee Dan's put his foot down, believe it baby.

Simon
July 6th, 2011, 7:30 PM
Arsenal have officially rejected United's bid of 20m. Apparently it was received two weeks ago.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 6th, 2011, 7:38 PM
But they'll accept 25m? Ridiculous money for a player with 12 months left on his contract.

I'm hoping this is a smokescreen. I still have hope for Schweinsteiger or Modric :(

Andy
July 6th, 2011, 7:42 PM
John Cross reporting we'll bid for Mata tomorrow. Can't see us getting him. He says he's happy there, Valencia don't want to sell. We'd have to spend all the Cesc money.

Andy
July 6th, 2011, 7:51 PM
He also says Nasri will go to Asia for pre-season but Fabregas won't because of a 'hamstring injury'. He speaks a lot of shit but occasionally gets Arsenal stuff right.

Grimario
July 7th, 2011, 1:21 AM
Former Liverpool youth GK and "most promising GK in the world at his age" Dean Bouzanis has signed for Melbourne.

Simon
July 7th, 2011, 4:16 AM
O'Shea to Sunderland nearly done. Wish we were in for him.

Simon
July 7th, 2011, 4:51 AM
"I'm convinced Cesc will join us. Arsenal are in tourist class, Barcelona are in business class and any player would want to join us."

Dani Alves :lol: Barca are shameless.

Simon
July 7th, 2011, 5:03 AM
Luka Modric has no plans to hand in a transfer request at Tottenham, according to his agent Nikky Vuksan.

The Croatia international has hinted he would like to join Chelsea but Spurs chief executive Daniel Levy is adamant he cannot leave White Hart Lane.

Vuksan told BBC Sport: "I don't think he'll hand in a transfer request. He will honour his contract.

"He wants to play Champions League and win trophies. The only way we can resolve this is to sit down and talk."

He added: "Luka will report today for training and will do his best, as always."

Earlier in the summer, the 25-year-old midfielder was the subject of a 22m bid from Chelsea, which was rejected by Spurs.

Vuksan continued: "I have never been in a situation before where a player has had to fight a club and it's not something we want to do. The only official offer so far is from Chelsea and we haven't talked to any clubs.

"It's no surprise that there is interest in Luka though, because he is a top, top player."

Modric joined Spurs in a 16.6m deal from Dinamo Zagreb in 2008. He quickly established himself as a key figure, helping them to qualify for the Champions League in his second season at the club.

Modric signed a new six-year deal at the club only last year, with Spurs boss Harry Redknapp describing him as "irreplaceable".

YouTube - ‪IMG 0470‬‏

BANG. Don't mess.

Chris Scott
July 7th, 2011, 5:18 AM
Adam is brilliant! He will be a fantastic signing. Quote this post this time next year. :cool:

I will also put this in my diary.

RuneEdge
July 7th, 2011, 5:38 AM
Looks like we still haven't lost hope on Sneijder. We need to sort this midfield bullshit out real fast.

turdpower
July 7th, 2011, 5:48 AM
Well, we have over a month.

Alf
July 7th, 2011, 5:50 AM
YouTube - ‪IMG 0470‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv68rY6TKgw&feature=share)

BANG. Don't mess.

It's merely a media shit storm. Obviously he's had his head turned by that Chelsea bid. He's had a chat with the Lev-iathan whose said he won't be sold. Modric has pulled up his boot straps and is getting on with it. Done.

He'd best have a good season then to put him in the shop window so we can sell him next summer.

RuneEdge
July 7th, 2011, 5:50 AM
I mean I was hoping we sort it out before the preseason tour.

Ringo
July 7th, 2011, 5:54 AM
Great stuff from Levy. As much as I dislike Spurs I'd love them to just buy a fucking striker and be as good as they can and should be. They have this ridiculous squad the size of a small country and then such a mediocre selection of forwards. It's just a waste.

Simon
July 7th, 2011, 6:54 AM
Sunderland are signing Fat David Vaughan now as well. They want to watch it with all the buying of Steady Eddie type players, as I said yesterday I think they've bought well so far but at some point they should be looking to add a bit of real class rather than bloating the squad with too many 'decent' players.

RFF Champ
July 7th, 2011, 7:13 AM
Blackpool are set to sign Kevin Phillips on a free. Bit of an oversight by Birmingham there I feel, he scored a few last season and at worst he'd be a good backup striker.

RFF Champ
July 7th, 2011, 7:30 AM
Sunderland are signing Fat David Vaughan now as well. They want to watch it with all the buying of Steady Eddie type players, as I said yesterday I think they've bought well so far but at some point they should be looking to add a bit of real class rather than bloating the squad with too many 'decent' players.

I think Vaughan is a good player. I think he plays the game with his head up and gets around the pitch a lot. He's got enough class about him to pick out a pass and set up moves. I remember him doing well to set up Blackpool's second against Man Utd on the final day despite being hacked down in the build up and played a nice give and go.

His chalkboard for his performance against Newcastle shows just how influential over the whole pitch he is:

http://i54.tinypic.com/aczdw7.jpg

I think their recruitment has been very impressive and without much money being spent yet. They already have Sessegnon, Gyan and Malbranque and Larsson too who you might say have that 'class'. Mik seems convinced they're signing Zog (Although I disagree) which suggests they want another winger.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 7th, 2011, 8:20 AM
Glad to see Ian Wright has figured out the answer to Arsenal's problems. He said we should "go and get" Kompany, Joe Hart and Michael Essien.

Job done.

Simon
July 7th, 2011, 8:26 AM
Unless you can show me how it furthers Shaun Wright-Phillips' case for an England starting spot, I highly doubt he said that.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 7th, 2011, 9:03 AM
JamieDalton82 Jamie Dalton
Phillipe AuClair tells talkSPORT that Samir Nasri will not end up in Italy and that he thinks the Nasri saga is brinkmanship gone wrong.
AuClair believes third-parties "associated" with Nasri were hawking him around and accidentally has burnt his bridges with Arsenal.

Simon
July 7th, 2011, 9:08 AM
Phillipe Auclair is a smug wanker but he knows what he's talking about when it comes to French matters.

Andy
July 7th, 2011, 9:13 AM
Please let's sign Mata.

As expected we're not linked to any fucking left backs.

MMH
July 7th, 2011, 9:16 AM
Phillipe Auclair is a smug wanker but he knows what he's talking about when it comes to French matters.

How is he smug?

He is just...French...

Simon
July 7th, 2011, 9:18 AM
He's very dismissive of other people's opinions on the Guardian podcast. Not as bad as Marcotti on The Game but still pretty bad.

Simon
July 7th, 2011, 9:19 AM
Please let's sign Mata.

As expected we're not linked to any fucking left backs.

Barca are trying to hawk Maxwell to you as part of the Fabs deal.

Mata doesn't want to leave Valencia. Although according to the Guardian he's only on 30k a week there.

Andy
July 7th, 2011, 9:23 AM
Graham Hunter reckons we've both bid 20m+ for him.

Andy
July 7th, 2011, 9:24 AM
I'd be shocked if we took Maxwell, he's old and not very good anymore. I'd rather have Adriano

Simon
July 7th, 2011, 9:24 AM
As in us and you? We won't get him. He's holding out for Barca, and if they don't go for him then he'll either stay at Valencia or go to Arsenal.

Andy
July 7th, 2011, 9:30 AM
Yeah. He seems pretty low on Barca's list at the moment, behind Sanchez, Neymar and Fabs.

Simon
July 7th, 2011, 9:31 AM
Neymar keeps maintaining that he doesn't want to go anywhere, I rate him for that but it looks like Santos want the bunce now.

Glen
July 7th, 2011, 9:36 AM
Fucks sake.

I'd have taken any one of O'Shea, Brown and Gibson at Newcastle.

Well played Sunderland.

Simon
July 7th, 2011, 9:42 AM
I wouldn't have had Gibson but the other two definitely.

Mignolet

Bardsley - Brown - Turner - O'Shea

Sessegnon - Gardner - Cattermole - Malbranque

Gyan - Wickham

That starting line up with Bramble, Richardson, Larsson, Gibson, Gordon, Elmohamedy, Campbell and the kids coming through like Meyler, Colback, Laing (?) and the Korean lad looks like a very strong squad to me. My worry would be that it would lead to a similar situation to what we have had the last couple of years - a very strong squad, but a not particularly outstanding starting eleven. If they can get shot of a few squad players and bring in a really good left winger (N'Zogbia?) and a proven striker to partner Gyan, that's a really strong side IMO.

son_of_foley
July 7th, 2011, 9:49 AM
I think Westwood is probably better than Mingolet right now. Also Richardson is better than Malbranque.

Gardner is alright but not that good I dont think. Wouldn't be suprised to see a 3 man midfield with what you have and Larson. The aim to be a front 3 of Gyan, Campbell (when fit) and a.n other

Keano's Magic Hat
July 7th, 2011, 10:02 AM
still can't believe we're letting O'Shea go for 3m. Disgraceful business.

As for Brown, if he's fit he'll be a hero. He's one of those players that the fans love. There are few sights in football more beautiful then a crunching challenge from Wesley, and yet, he rarely gives away a free kick. He was one of our best players in the 2007/2008 season and was man of the match in the Champions League final against Chelsea.. He's looked pretty good this season to be fair, and his sale (and lack of games) is probably due to him jokingly calling Sir Alex a 'cunt' during last years US tour.

Somebody take Gibson, please.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 7th, 2011, 10:28 AM
The fee for Brown was 'somewhere in the region of 1m'.. so O'Shea and Brown for a combined 4m, which values Gibson at 8m. Got to be nonsense. I think the fee for O'Shea will be 5m minimum

1m, ffs :lol::(

Simon
July 7th, 2011, 10:37 AM
FUCK'S SAKE. Why are we going for fucking Cahill for 250bn when we could sign Brown for a pittance. Reverse-false economy.

If it's 12m total, I'd be looking at 7m for O'Shea, 5.1m for Brown and -100k for Gibson. I wouldn't be offering a shitload to take him off us, but a nominal fee just to emphasise that he is worse less than fuck all.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 7th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Gibson isn't good enough to be a United player but he's got the ability to be a good player for a team lower down the league. He's not THAT bad. He's got a good eye for a pass, he just needs to mature a bit, take responsibility and be a bit more confident in possession.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 7th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Gibson's biggest problem is that he shits himself when the pressure is on. Bring him on at 2-0 up and he'll keep the ball all day and probably hammer one in from 35 yards.

His passing is definitely underrated, too. My biggest fear is that with him staying we'll not sign a central midfielder. I've said a few times that I consider him decent enough to be a squad player. He certainly isn't as bad as some make out.

son_of_foley
July 7th, 2011, 10:45 AM
As of right now in his career he doesnt seem a million miles away from where Lampard was. Dont think he'll become that effective but he seemingly wants to be that type of player

El Capitano Gatisto
July 7th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Yeah he is quite similar to a young Lampard. He's put in a couple of excellent performances vs. Schalke and Bayern in the CL in the past 2 seasons so, like I say, I think he has the ability to be a decent player but he's 23 and he won't get any better playing a bit-part in the United squad.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 7th, 2011, 10:52 AM
It would be interesting to see how Lampard would perform in a two man midfield, with wingers pushed up as high as United play them.

It's no coincidence that Gibson's best performances have come alongside Anderson; like Lampard, Gibson is the kind of midfielder that needs a physical monster to do the running for him. It's something Gibson has rarely had at United.

RFF Champ
July 7th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Gibson isn't good enough to be a United player but he's got the ability to be a good player for a team lower down the league. He's not THAT bad. He's got a good eye for a pass, he just needs to mature a bit, take responsibility and be a bit more confident in possession.

I agree with this. Gibson plays some really nice through balls at times and I'd quite happily take him at Newcastle.

Ringo
July 7th, 2011, 11:04 AM
It would be interesting to see how Lampard would perform in a two man midfield, with wingers pushed up as high as United play them.

Well he did do alongside Makelele in 03/04 when we had Duff, Cole and/or Gronkjaer on the wings. Scored 15 goals and was our player of the season.

Beefy
July 7th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Well he did do alongside Makelele in 03/04 when we had Duff, Cole and/or Gronkjaer on the wings. Scored 15 goals and was our player of the season.

Fans Player of the Year for England in 2004 and 2005 playing in a two is aswell.

son_of_foley
July 7th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Gardner and Cattermole would work their socks off for Gibson as well.

I think Alex is onto something about Newcastle. If he sat infront of Cabeye/Tiote he could do something quite interesting. Not as distinguished in possesion as Barton but capable of posing some sort of threat in that team.

Newcastle have a decent squad even if Nolan goes it's just having Leon Best and Lovenkrantz up there that makes it seem a bit silly

Ringo
July 7th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Nolan has gone and they now have DEMBABA.

Beefy
July 7th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Best to Reading in part exchange for Shane Long was in the papers over here today.

son_of_foley
July 7th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Nolan has gone and they now have DEMBABA.

Meant Barton going. I like Demba Ba I think he'll do well but due to all the concerns over that knee (that why stoke turned him down) and whatever Newcastles problems used to be with that training ground they could do with a few more.

Not a massive fan of Williamson but he did well last year. I think with another couple of buys they should be top 10

son_of_foley
July 7th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Best to Reading in part exchange for Shane Long was in the papers over here today.

Aye thats picked up a bit of pace over the past few weeks. I think Long will definitely leave this summer. Newcastle would be a very good destination for him. He seems to have improved a bit over the past 12 months I'm not sure he's much more than a form player having a good period in the championship but we'll see

Keano's Magic Hat
July 7th, 2011, 11:33 AM

Wasn't part of a midfield four with two wingers, was he? Wasn't this before Geremi, who is hardly a winger, was cunted out to right back by Mourinho? He made 25 Premier League appearances that season. In fact, in your two games against United that season, you played with a front 6 of

Geremi
Frank Lampard
Joe Cole
Claude Makelele
Hernan Crespo
Adrian Mutu

Claude Makll
Frank Lampard
Joe Cole
Geremi
Jesper Grnkjr
Eiur Gujohnsen

Keano's Magic Hat
July 7th, 2011, 11:37 AM
And anyway, you're going back almost 10 fucking years. Most teams these days play a five in midfield. Odd argument.

Beefy
July 7th, 2011, 11:57 AM
And anyway, you're going back almost 10 fucking years. Most teams these days play a five in midfield. Odd argument.

It's not an odd argument. You're comparing a 23 year old Gibson with a young Frank Lampard so talking about a 22/23 year old Lampard seems fair enough in this context.

RFF Champ
July 7th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Gardner and Cattermole would work their socks off for Gibson as well.

I think Alex is onto something about Newcastle. If he sat infront of Cabeye/Tiote he could do something quite interesting. Not as distinguished in possesion as Barton but capable of posing some sort of threat in that team.

Newcastle have a decent squad even if Nolan goes it's just having Leon Best and Lovenkrantz up there that makes it seem a bit silly

I didn't mean it specifically for Newcastle. I was just making the point that he gets a lot of stick as though he's one of the worst players in the league when I think he's nowhere near that bad.

I don't want Shane Long. He works the channels well and is very active but I don't think his link up play or first touch is very good and I don't think he'd score many goals. I'd rather hang onto Best who I'd say is on a par but scored 6 in 11 last year.

Ba, Ameobi, Best and another and I'd be happy. Particularly as Pardew has said that Ben Arfa will play in a role behind the striker so we'll probably only play one up front. I'm still hopeful we'll sign Erdinc.

Ringo
July 7th, 2011, 11:59 AM

Nah, we did play with wingers for much of that season. Duff, Gronkjaer and/or Cole as I said. Lampard and Makelele were in the middle and formed a successful partnership. I remember it well because in the seasons following this it was often used as a reference point for the merits of a 2 man midfield and another striker vs. a 3 man midfield when Essien arrived on the scene.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 7th, 2011, 12:02 PM
It's not an odd argument. You're comparing a 23 year old Gibson with a young Frank Lampard so talking about a 22/23 year old Lampard seems fair enough in this context.

No, because a 22/23 year old Lampard, unlike Gibson, was mostly playing against midfields that matched up numerically.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 7th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Nah, we did play with wingers for much of that season. Duff, Gronkjaer and/or Cole as I said. Lampard and Makelele were in the middle and formed a successful partnership. I remember it well because in the seasons following this it was often used as a reference point for the merits of a 2 man midfield and another striker vs. a 3 man midfield when Essien arrived on the scene.

Right, so where was Geremi playing with his 25 apps? Bare in mind the fact that Melchiot was a regular at right back.

Simon
July 7th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Was anyone else unaware that Glen Johnson is on 120k (ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY THOUSAND) a week? Fucking hell :lol:

Keano's Magic Hat
July 7th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Mate, Milan Jovanovic is on 120k a week ffs

Lagom
July 7th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Isn't Gareth Bale on something similar now? After a good half a season that's hardly a fair hike he's had.

Don't even get me started on Jovanovic, he's been told he can find a new club, but i can guarantee he'll just fuck off back home, and sit on his arse until his contract expires, as he's more than entitled to do after we chucked stupid money like that at him

RFF Champ
July 7th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Didn't Johnson sign a new contract this week? Presumably he wasn't on 120k before that?

Simon
July 7th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Isn't Gareth Bale on something similar now? After a good half a season that's hardly a fair hike he's had.

Don't even get me started on Jovanovic, he's been told he can find a new club, but i can guarantee he'll just fuck off back home, and sit on his arse until his contract expires, as he's more than entitled to do after we chucked stupid money like that at him

Bale's on like 60k.

Alex, the article I read said that he had had his existing 120k/w contract extended.

Simon
July 7th, 2011, 12:19 PM
If going on a free is now known as a Bosman Transfer, never playing but being happy to sit and take your huge wages should be known as a Bogarde Stay.

Simon
July 7th, 2011, 12:22 PM
YES!!!

Ben Alnwick has signed a contract extension

Lagom
July 7th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Bale's on like 60k.

Alex, the article I read said that he had had his existing 120k/w contract extended.

I seem to remember reading that Bale was now on 100k/w. But knowing Levy, that's probably only if he scores a hattrick and sets up 4 a game

Simon
July 7th, 2011, 12:32 PM
I seem to remember reading that Bale was now on 100k/w. But knowing Levy, that's probably only if he scores a hattrick and sets up 4 a game

It's all a bit smoke and mirrors, so you can't be certain going right back to when we signed Bent and people were saying he was on 90k a week...but my understanding is that our highest earners are around 60k, with Modric potentially to be offered 75k to make him stay. Modric, Bale, VDV and fucking King and Keane are the highest earners IIRC, with our longest serving players like Huddlestone, Jenas and Lennon in the next bracket down. Even Gallas is on reasonably low wages apparently.

RFF Champ
July 7th, 2011, 12:34 PM
YES!!!

Ben Alnwick has signed a contract extension

We've got his younger brother (also a keeper) in the academy and he is apparently the business.

He won the Wor Jackie award this year, also recently won by Andy Carroll.

Simon
July 7th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Alnwick was supposed to be the business once upon a time. He spunked his ability all over that sixteen year old with Lilo Lawrence and the rest of the Sunderland lads.

RFF Champ
July 7th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Jak Alnwick is different, he was on the dark side but came to us. We're pretty good at bringing young keepers through too. Even more so if they were once at Sunderland.

1_Pablo_Angel
July 7th, 2011, 1:35 PM

Mignolet

Gyan - Wickham

That starting line up with Bramble, Richardson, Larsson, Gibson, Gordon, Elmohamedy, Campbell and the kids coming through like Meyler, Colback, Laing (?) and the Korean lad looks like a very strong squad to me. My worry would be that it would lead to a similar situation to what we have had the last couple of years - a very strong squad, but a not particularly outstanding starting eleven. If they can get shot of a few squad players and bring in a really good left winger (N'Zogbia?) and a proven striker to partner Gyan, that's a really strong side IMO.

For me, the biggest problem with that side is the 2 central midfielders. Sure they'll both run around a lot kicking people, but neither are particularly good footballers. I've never rated Cattermole since I saw him taken off before half time for England Under 21s at Villa Park, I do like Gardner but I think it's important not to get carried away by what he did last season. Bear in mind he was in a midfield 5 at all times, he was their biggest (only?) goal threat and thus had licence to go where he liked and shoot on sight. In a midfield 2 I think his lack of pace, positional sense and technical ability might get exposed.

Mik
July 7th, 2011, 1:58 PM

Mignolet

Gyan - Wickham

I'd be very disappointed if we played that line up. It would annoy me to see Malbranque in the starting 11, it'd annoy me incredibly to see Sess on the wing as he has a much bigger impact through the middle. I'd almost happily see us change our formation to incorporate him more into our game. I'd also be a bit annoyed if with the midfielders at our disposal we play a 4-4-2 formation. I am not sure that Whickham will be ready for the starting line-up just yet.

Alex, I dont think that we'll get N'Zogbia anymore. He has bigger pools to swim in.

turdpower
July 7th, 2011, 2:14 PM
Bad things will happen if you play Brown at centre half. The only time I've seen him look comfortable in last couple of years was Crawley at home. Massively off the pace. That said, if he stays clear of injuries, he could be OK.

RFF Champ
July 7th, 2011, 2:14 PM
Where do you reckon he'll go? Liverpool?

I still think he'll go to you or us.

Alf
July 7th, 2011, 2:24 PM
I'd be very disappointed if we played that line up. It would annoy me to see Malbranque in the starting 11, it'd annoy me incredibly to see Sess on the wing as he has a much bigger impact through the middle. I'd almost happily see us change our formation to incorporate him more into our game. I'd also be a bit annoyed if with the midfielders at our disposal we play a 4-4-2 formation. I am not sure that Whickham will be ready for the starting line-up just yet.

Alex, I dont think that we'll get N'Zogbia anymore. He has bigger pools to swim in.

Si is fucking awful at line-ups.

Mate, you are on a 3 week line-up ban.

Chris Scott
July 7th, 2011, 3:32 PM
Was anyone else unaware that Glen Johnson is on 120k (ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY THOUSAND) a week? Fucking hell :lol:

Where did you hear that?

RFF Champ
July 7th, 2011, 3:56 PM
Martin Jol has just confirmed that Fulham have agreed a fee and terms with John Arne Riise and he will sign once he's done a medical.

I think it's crazy to add another 30 year old to that squad but I suppose they're hoping Briggs will be ready to step up in the next couple of years.

Simon
July 7th, 2011, 4:52 PM
Is his brother still there?

Simon
Where did you hear that?

Can't remember, might have been The Guardian but could have been 365. All I remember was the 120k quote and a picture of him looking like a complete twat.

RFF Champ
Yep. He was on loan at Sheffield United in the second half of last season but came on for the second half tonight.

Simon
July 7th, 2011, 4:53 PM
Si is fucking awful at line-ups.

Mate, you are on a 3 week line-up ban.

I was just putting their eleven best players (as I saw them, plenty of room for debate though) into a line-up tbh, the actual formation and strategy didn't come into my thinking. Probably why I always get Spurs relegated on FM.

turdpower
July 7th, 2011, 5:50 PM
We're gonna up our bid for Nasri appaz.

RuneEdge
July 7th, 2011, 5:56 PM
We're gonna up our bid for Nasri appaz.

Im hearing 23m

Glen
July 7th, 2011, 9:09 PM
I'd still take Riise in a heartbeat, Quality left footer, great vision, not as quick as he was but fuck me can he drill a ball.

Alex, where did Pardew say he was going to play a 4-4-1-1 with Ben Arfa behind the lone striker (Ba, I fuckin' hope) and if that was the case, what would be your (at present) first choice 11?

RFF Champ
July 8th, 2011, 3:50 AM
I'd still take Riise in a heartbeat, Quality left footer, great vision, not as quick as he was but fuck me can he drill a ball.

Alex, where did Pardew say he was going to play a 4-4-1-1 with Ben Arfa behind the lone striker (Ba, I fuckin' hope) and if that was the case, what would be your (at present) first choice 11?

Pardew first said it at the end of last season but he repeated it again recently:

“Next season? He will play a central role in our attacking line. I want to use him as a play-maker, a number 10, just behind one forward.”

“I am convinced he is able to score between 10 and 15 goals a season.

I'd go for:

Harper

Simpson
Colo
Williamson
Enrique/New left back

Jonas
Tiote
Cabaye
Barton

Ben Arfa
Ba

I think it's also possible to play Jonas on the right and bring in Marveaux or even Ben Arfa on the wing and play Shola (who I think will be first choice anyway, he always is). I would like another right mid, or to hold onto Routledge. What about you?

Simon
July 8th, 2011, 4:32 AM
This is going round the Spurs message boards...

At training ground he said he feels let down and asked what Spurs have done for him!!!

Apparently a real changed man I'm really surprised at this.

Arry gona work on him next few days and levy desperate to get people in but still don't think gona make him feel better.

From BEN, so you know you can trust it :(

RFF Champ
July 8th, 2011, 4:35 AM
If when he signed his contract he and Levy had an agreement that if a bigger club came knocking that Levy would negotiate a fair deal and now Levy is saying there will be no deal whatsoever then he has every right to feel let down, in my opinion.

turdpower
July 8th, 2011, 4:49 AM
Surely this is all part of Levy TRYING to get the best deal possible?

Alf
July 8th, 2011, 4:56 AM
It's only been a few days since Levy told him no for fuck sake. Of course he was down.

RFF Champ
July 8th, 2011, 4:58 AM
Surely this is all part of Levy TRYING to get the best deal possible?

I don't know if this is a tactic he normally uses but it seems like he's really putting his reputation on the line. By saying so firmly there will be no deal if he does eventually sell then he'll lose a lot of face.

Simon
July 8th, 2011, 5:01 AM
When he gets used to seeing Gareth's cheeky chimp face, Niko's beautiful eyes, Gomes' Pingping head and the rest every day again I think he'll never want to leave.

Bad Collin
July 8th, 2011, 5:39 AM
Bale will probably go with him.

MMH
July 8th, 2011, 5:43 AM
Nikos beautiful eyes will be full of rage too seeing as he is pissed off about being priced out of a move.

Im not surprised either, 12M for fucks sake!

Beefy
July 8th, 2011, 5:45 AM
Nikos beautiful eyes will be full of rage too seeing as he is pissed off about being priced out of a move.

Im not surprised either, 12M for fucks sake!

Ridiculous.

Simon
July 8th, 2011, 5:49 AM
It's mad that we're asking for that much because he doesn't really feature so we're not in a strong bargaining position, but I honestly think that 12m isn't overpricing him in terms of his talent. He's such a fantastic player and it's a real shame that he rarely gets a game for us. Whenever he does play he usually does really well - after our shocking slump mid-season he dragged us back into the fight for fourth with two unbelievable goals at important times.

Alf
July 8th, 2011, 5:55 AM
I don't understand Levy's position here. The worst thing that has happened to us this season is Man U being in a position to sell their deadwood... and they'll always sell them at sensible prices.

We are seeing quotes of 12m for Niko, 12m for Palacios... fuck knows what we are holding out for for the likes of Jenas, Hutton, Bentley etc etc.

Fact is, they are soaking up money on our books. It's better to lower our prices and get the fuck rid.

Simon
July 8th, 2011, 6:21 AM
I'm sure they will go eventually, we're just squeezing the right price. If we don't get it, we let them go on loan at the last minute to get them off the wage bill. It's a dangerous game but, to be fair to Levy, it's tended to work. The worry is that we hold out for big money for Keane and Bentley, don't get it, and then can't get their wages off the books because their stock has fallen so far that no one wants to pay 50k a week or whatever for them.

We won't get 12m for Niko but if we can squeeze a team for 8m or so then we have a good deal. We're not even 'holding out for' 12m for Palacios, PSG came right in with a bid of 14m for some reason.

son_of_foley
July 8th, 2011, 6:45 AM
Was the suggested fee paid for him not like a quarter of that? Do you feel like in that time of not playing a massive amount his value has gone up four-fold? It might seem like great business sense but it's isolating players and pissing them off. If you couple this supposedly stringent wage structure with talk of a club playing with peoples careers when it's time to sell them surely this is going to put players off joining Spurs.

Simon
July 8th, 2011, 6:52 AM
I guess so, I don't really know enough about how it all works to say though. We got Niko for 3m but that was an unusually low fee due to Pompy's financial problems. Kranjcar also had an excellent season for us the year before last. I'm not saying that 12m is a reasonable fee to expect for him, but that's exclusively because he doesn't get a game for us - quality-wise he's easily worth that sort of money, and the fee we paid for him is irrelevant because it wasn't a reflection on his worth whatsoever.

Simon
July 8th, 2011, 6:55 AM
Redknapp has been talking up Keane's chances of staying :zzz:

Ringo
July 8th, 2011, 6:56 AM
PSG came right in with a bid of 14m for some reason.

Qataris are mental.

MMH
July 8th, 2011, 8:46 AM
It's mad that we're asking for that much because he doesn't really feature so we're not in a strong bargaining position, but I honestly think that 12m isn't overpricing him in terms of his talent. He's such a fantastic player and it's a real shame that he rarely gets a game for us. Whenever he does play he usually does really well - after our shocking slump mid-season he dragged us back into the fight for fourth with two unbelievable goals at important times.

Yeah i agree about his ability. Dunno about 12M but he is a solid player so obviously shouldnt be available for pennies.

Didnt he start something daft like 2 games last season?

RFF Champ
July 8th, 2011, 9:29 AM
Redknapp has been talking up Keane's chances of staying :zzz:

That'd be alright as 4th choice, wouldn't it?

If you ship out one and get a quality striker in, I think that'd be a good strike force given you have VDV too. He'll do alright in the Europa League early stages.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 8th, 2011, 10:02 AM
http://i.imgur.com/YY5Mn.jpg

1_Pablo_Angel
July 8th, 2011, 10:34 AM
:blah:

Gary J
July 8th, 2011, 10:44 AM
So, Nasri off to City as expected. I wonder where he'll play?

i swear if any of you smart cunts say 'eastlands' i'll go on a rampage

The Etihad stadium?

Bluemoon
July 8th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Hate it already.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 8th, 2011, 1:33 PM
talk of United making a bid of 12m + Berbatov and Evans for Modric :rolleyes:

Simon
July 8th, 2011, 3:40 PM
HEY GUYS GUESS WHO WE MIGHT BE SIGNING

JAY BOTHROYD

BYE

http://www.topnews.in/files/Suicide-Gun.jpg

Ringo
July 8th, 2011, 4:01 PM
Neymar's agent says he wants to join Real Madrid and it'll probably happen in January after the World Club Cup. Fuck off.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 8th, 2011, 4:09 PM
It sounds like Neymar could well be another Robinho, he seems to be even more of a mouthpiece and he dives like fuck. Robinho looked incredible at Santos but in Europe has always looked like a bit of a fanny, aside from one and a half really good seasons at Real.

RuneEdge
July 8th, 2011, 5:24 PM
garbosj Ian McGarry
#MUFC made first enquiry to Internazionale today about the availability of Wesley Sneijder. No offical bid has been made as yet.

garbosj Ian McGarry
Enquiry by #MUFC confirmed by director at Internazionale. Possibility of Nani being part of any deal for Sneijder was discussed.

Someone at another forum posted it. :dunno:

The Rosk
July 9th, 2011, 4:19 AM
So Villa are supposedly looking to bring in Given, NZogbia, Parker and Hutton. If Downing goes I'd be happy with that lot.

Red Dog
July 9th, 2011, 4:36 AM
People are going actually mental about our transfer activity or lack of so far it is infuriating. Miserable, old wankers mainly so I can see how they have gravitated towards Billy Davies. I take the piss out of people on here granted but as a collective you are definitely the most level headed on any forum I go on.

Red Dog
July 9th, 2011, 4:38 AM
HEY GUYS GUESS WHO WE MIGHT BE SIGNING

JAY BOTHROYD

BYE

http://www.topnews.in/files/Suicide-Gun.jpg
Haha he is very very average. I had an argument with someone on here last year (cant remember who) when I said he should be nowhere near the England team. If you get bored search for it as I would like to know who it was!

turdpower
July 9th, 2011, 6:46 AM
http://forums.rajah.com/showpost.php?p=6521533&postcount=96

SIMON LOVES HIM.

Gangers
July 9th, 2011, 7:00 AM
Ahahhahaa love the comment from JIJ - 'on a par with anything we have bar Rooney and perhaps Defoe'. Hahahhaha.

RFF Champ
July 9th, 2011, 8:23 AM
So Villa are supposedly looking to bring in Given, NZogbia, Parker and Hutton. If Downing goes I'd be happy with that lot.

That would be an impressive haul. Sunderland have said that they aren't interested in Zog. I really hope we get him.

RuneEdge
July 9th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Apparantly we're about to make a 25m bid for Nasri.

And Gibson's being asked to take a pay cut if he wants to move to Sunderland.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 9th, 2011, 10:23 AM
where are you getting that from?

I thought Nasri to City was a done deal? Bid accepted yeterday?

RuneEdge
July 9th, 2011, 10:45 AM
http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/07/08/man-united-to-tempt-arsenal-with-25m-offer-for-samir-nasri-ferguson-willing-to-include-player-swap-to-secure-deal/
I got it sent to my phone through a app. :dunno:

Keano's Magic Hat
July 9th, 2011, 11:04 AM
caughtoffside is written by children

Winkle van Tinkle
July 9th, 2011, 11:38 AM
A friend of a friend used to work with caughtoffside and they were encouraged to make things up

Andy
July 9th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Where's it been said that City had a bid accepted?

Ringo
July 9th, 2011, 2:27 PM
I think the "news" was originally on Goal.com last night.

Don't know if it's since been reported by somewhere more credible...

Keano's Magic Hat
July 9th, 2011, 2:29 PM
Saw it on BBC website, first reported by Sky Sports Italia on the breaking news ticker. I just assumed they got it from Mancini or one of his cronies

Keano's Magic Hat
July 9th, 2011, 2:33 PM
In other news, talksport had three journalists on earlier and all of them seem to think that Sneijder to United is almost guaranteed. Apparently he's desperate to play for United

Ringo
July 9th, 2011, 2:36 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11854_7030061,00.html

Erik Lamela joins Roma. 17.7m. A few big clubs were linked with him so worth mentioning.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 9th, 2011, 2:49 PM
http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/transfer-talk-show/blog/2011-07-09/mcguinness-i-wouldnt-be-surprised-if-sneijder-unveiled-man-united-soon

De Gea

Rafael
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Nani
Anderson
Sneijder
Valencia/Young

Rooney
Hernandez

:wanks:

El Capitano Gatisto
July 9th, 2011, 3:00 PM
Sneijder can't play in a 2 man central midfield. He's never done it and trying it out in England of all places would be a mistake. He has spent his entire career playing just behind the strikers or as a wide attacking player. This is why I don't get why United would be after him unless their shape is completely changing. The role Rooney played last season towards the end is exactly the same one Sneijder is adept at i.e. playing behind a main forward, ahead of two central midfielders.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 9th, 2011, 3:09 PM
urgh.. don't want to see Rooney shifted to lone striker again. I take your point on Sneijder, that he hasn't played in a 2 man midfield for ages, but I think with the right player alongside him he could excel there for United.

Beefy
July 9th, 2011, 3:28 PM
Rohan Ricketts played for us in a trial game on Friday. Would be an interesting signing.

RFF Champ
July 9th, 2011, 3:56 PM
Was that the x factor style game that Southend held? A friend was telling me about that and it seems like a very good idea.

I'm sure you know this but apparently Jake Thomson was playing. Good player who has said he wants to sign for Cheltenham. Yates has said he's on their shortlist but they are going to wait until the end of the summer before deciding on him because they think they might get someone better in.

Beefy
July 9th, 2011, 4:11 PM
Yeah there were two matches with a few dozen players trialed.

This is Thomson isn't it? Seems like he did alright.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6023/5919121442_017be23b41.jpg

RFF Champ
July 9th, 2011, 4:15 PM
Yeah, I think it is. I only saw him play once but he had the usual, pace and trickery. He was playing while Elito was on the bench so Yates must have seen something in him. I've only heard good things from fans too.

Are you in the market for another winger? I think he'd be able to play in the 4-3-3 that you mentioned. Certainly could do worse.

RuneEdge
July 9th, 2011, 4:26 PM
urgh.. don't want to see Rooney shifted to lone striker again. I take your point on Sneijder, that he hasn't played in a 2 man midfield for ages, but I think with the right player alongside him he could excel there for United.

I dont think we have that right player who Sneijder can play alongside. We'd probably have to buy that player from somewhere and if we bought Sneijder, chances are we wont buy another midfielder.

Beefy
July 9th, 2011, 4:38 PM
Yeah, I think it is. I only saw him play once but he had the usual, pace and trickery. He was playing while Elito was on the bench so Yates must have seen something in him. I've only heard good things from fans too.

Are you in the market for another winger? I think he'd be able to play in the 4-3-3 that you mentioned. Certainly could do worse.

We only have the two (Hall & Johnson) so we could be, but we're carrying 22 or 23 players as it is so I think our remaining recruitment is dependent on getting Matt Paterson and maybe one or two others out to somewhere else.

RFF Champ
July 9th, 2011, 5:09 PM
I thought Sawyer played on the wing? I just looked at your squad and it is big but a few of them are youth players. I guess Sturrock will be preparing Sturrock jr. and the other young forwards to play wide of a front three.

Matt Paterson is going with Oxford on their pre-season tour of America. That's a good indication that they're going to sign him.

RFF Champ
July 10th, 2011, 5:50 AM
There are a few interesting bits in the real Sunday Sun today.

We've been trying to sign Matuidi but he has the same agent as Erdinc which somehow complicates the deal (probably will cost a lot of money). The plan was to have Matuidi and Tiote sit back while Cabaye and Ben Arfa create for a lone front man, no idea what formation that is but okay.

Erdinc is due a loyalty bonus at PSG so he wants to stay for that.

We will only sign Barnetta if Barton leaves. Ashley and co. don't want Zog but Pardew does (boooo).

Apparently Pardew is expected to get a top ten finish this year???

TraXX
July 10th, 2011, 7:15 AM
Arsenal in for Downing according to SSN. Dunno if that's a wind-up or not. :wtf:

Bluemoon
July 10th, 2011, 7:20 AM
If SSN reported it, it must be a wind up.

The Rosk
July 10th, 2011, 7:50 AM
A few people have said that. So random.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 10th, 2011, 8:18 AM
I'm not exactly sure what Downing would offer Arsenal

Beefy
July 10th, 2011, 8:26 AM
I can see the logic of signing a winger who is actually a winger and can get some crosses into the box, but only if they actually play a striker who can feed off of that sort of delivery.

It would seem a strange move for the money though.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 10th, 2011, 10:24 AM
From the one genuine in the know United fan on redissue. The fella who breaks the line ups hours (sometimes days) before anyone has a sniff and who broke the De Gea to United deal a year ago.

"Just been carrington and seen couple of mates before they head off tomorrow.As they understand united want nasri he wants united but wenger adament hes not coming here.So united took back step and left nasri to push the matter.Sneider wants us we want him but not for the 40 million they want and not on the wages hes on at the moment.Fletch is ill again looks llike same illness come back.Thats all i know off to pub now."

Looks like we're going for two midfielders.

1_Pablo_Angel
July 10th, 2011, 10:37 AM
The Tottenham midfielder Luka Modric has reiterated his desire to leave for Chelsea this summer and accused his chairman, Daniel Levy, of going back on a gentleman's agreement between them that he would be allowed to move if a bigger club came in for him.

Chelsea have already had a 22m offer for Modric turned down by Spurs at the end of June, and the Croatian midfielder immediately sought talks with Levy on his return to pre-season training this week.

Levy confirmed after those talks on Thursday that Modric would not be leaving White Hart Lane and that the player understood the club's stance and was happy to remain at the club.

However, Modric told the Croatian newspaper, Sportske Novosti, that he had not considered the possibility of Spurs not allowing him to leave.

"I haven't thought about it at all because [not letting me go] would definitely not be good for anyone. I have already told the chairman that last summer he said we would find a mutually satisfactory agreement if a club like Chelsea came in.

"I hope that eventually he will understand the situation and that we will reach an agreement and go our separate ways in an appropriate manner."

Modric also revealed that in his meeting with the Spurs chairman Levy had said he was happy to let the midfielder spend the season rotting in the reserves if he did not honour his contract.

"A lot has been published in the press about the meeting with Levy, who gave the public a twisted account of what happened. I must say that I am genuinely disappointed about what Levy said to me. He didn't care about what I was telling him. It all only convinced me further that I was right to consider moving on to another club.

"I reminded the chairman of our gentleman's agreement when we were in Dubrovnik last summer and I agreed a contract extension with Tottenham. Then I had an open chat with Levy – that if a bigger club came in with a concrete offer, we would consider it and agree the best solution for all concerned.

"The chairman said, 'OK, we'll sit and talk [about any offers]'. Now Levy doesn't want to talk to me and said there is no possibility that I can leave Spurs.

"He threatened me – he said if I didn't accept the club's stance, they would make me sit on the bench or in the stands."

Modric knows he is highly sought after by the Stamford Bridge club and their new manager, Andr Villas-Boas.

"There is no doubt that Chelsea want me – they sent a concrete offer to Tottenham. I know that the new Chelsea boss said he wants me in his team. Of course I am flattered by this interest in me, it's a club that all players dream of joining, fighting for every competition available.

"It wasn't a snap decision, I talked a long time with my family and people whose opinions I respect. I thought about it, weighed it all up, and finally decided this was the best option."

This could get ugly...

JIJ
How's that "in the know"?

He's just covered himself from every angle with excuses that nobody else could possibly dispute.

RuneEdge
I'd take both if someone was leaving the team. There was that rumour of Nani being involved in the Sneijder transfer but I really wouldnt want to lose him.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 10th, 2011, 10:54 AM
How's that "in the know"?

He's just covered himself from every angle with excuses that nobody else could possibly dispute.

Because it's true. This chap is definitely 'in the know' in regards to United, he's been proven spot on so many times that it's not even in question.

If he says we're in for both Sneijder and Nasri then it's true.

Andy
July 10th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Wenger stated categorically a while ago that he wouldn't sell Nasri to United. I think he'll go to City.

Andy
July 10th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Also Nasri is on the plane to the pre-season tour so anything that happens won't do for a while.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 10th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Wenger's a bitter, delusional old fool, then. City are closer competition to Arsenal then United are.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 10th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Also Nasri is on the plane to the pre-season tour so anything that happens won't do for a while.

nonsense. I remember Veron flying home from a pre-season tour to sign for Chelsea. Ever heard of email?

Keano's Magic Hat
July 10th, 2011, 11:41 AM
arsenewenger@bitterdesulusionaloldfool.com

Andy
July 10th, 2011, 11:44 AM
:\

Regardless of the current situation, Arsenal vs United is a bigger rivalry than Arsenal vs City. I'd rather sell to City and hope it doesn't work out a la Adebayor and Toure than sell United exactly the sort of player they need.

Simon
July 10th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Levy has told Modric that we'll leave him in the stands for a year if he tries to push this through. Even though it will harm the club in the short-term through missing out on the money I fucking hope we do if this is the way he wants to react.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 10th, 2011, 11:49 AM
:\

Regardless of the current situation, Arsenal vs United is a bigger rivalry than Arsenal vs City. I'd rather sell to City and hope it doesn't work out a la Adebayor and Toure than sell United exactly the sort of player they need.

Anyway, it'll be Nasri who decides in the end. If he's a Berbatov kind of man, and wants to join United, Wenger will have to sell.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 10th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Levy has told Modric that we'll leave him in the stands for a year if he tries to push this through. Even though it will harm the club in the short-term through missing out on the money I fucking hope we do if this is the way he wants to react.

Surely it'd be better to get some big money for him and rebuild?

1_Pablo_Angel
July 10th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Read the article I just posted. Normally I'd agree with you but if Levy promised to let him go to a bigger club it's his own fault.

Andy
July 10th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Nasri is after money. He's just about burnt his bridges with the club by refusing to back down on his ludicrous wage demands (which, if he demanded them at United would put him second only to Rooney). If Man City really do offer him 180k/week or whatever, he'll go there.

Andy
July 10th, 2011, 11:54 AM
On the Modric thing, won't Spurs put themselves at risk of doing a Pandev if they refuse to sell then refuse to play him? That'd be hilarious.

RuneEdge
July 10th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Nasri is after money. He's just about burnt his bridges with the club by refusing to back down on his ludicrous wage demands (which, if he demanded them at United would put him second only to Rooney). If Man City really do offer him 180k/week or whatever, he'll go there.

"Money has never been my motivation. I have always taken decisions from a football point of view.
I don't want to sign for a club where I wouldn't be playing the football that I like, where I wouldn't feel happy, just for the sake of money.
We already earn huge wages. The priority is to make a big career and to win titles.
This is more important than everything else. I know the value and the meaning of money."

Simon
July 10th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Surely it'd be better to get some big money for him and rebuild?

Yeah probably. But for the good of football in general and us in the long term, I'd honestly love it if we told Modric to either play for us until we're ready to sell him, or fuck off to the reserves and sit out his contract for a year when we will look at the situation again.

1PA, there's no binding agreement, no contract clause, nothing. The fact that Modric has taken offence to not being allowed to talk to them after such a laughable bid shows him up. A year ago he signed a new contract until 2015 with no get-out clauses, now he's looking to jump at the first sign of interest from another club and he has the hump because we're not ceding to his demands.

The money offered was shit for a player of his quality, but in his head Chelsea wanting him and him wanting Chelsea means it should happen regardless of what he wants. That's how all players' minds work nowadays and, even if it means us losing money on him in the long-term, I would honestly be delighted if we played a small part in educating footballers that if they sign a contract, they have to stick by that contract.

If the money offered is good enough for us, he will be allowed to go same as for any other player in football. No player is priceless, but if Modric honestly thought that the agreement they had was that if a club like Chelsea came in for him then he would be allowed to go regardless of the offer on the table, he's an idiot.

I'm not naive enough to think that anything will happen with this, in all likelihood it will be the same as with Berbatov - we'll stick to our guns for a while, bottle it right at the end of the window and sell him for a decent price but have no time to replace him properly. But I honestly think, regardless of what it did to us, that telling the little cunt to either put 100% in for us or fuck off to the reserves for a year would be good for the game and probably good for us in the long-term in terms of making a point that we aren't bullied by the bigger clubs. It would take huge stones from Levy but if he went through with it I would rate him even higher than I do now.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 10th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Nasri signs for City

"this move isn't about money, i promise. in fact, you can look at the interview i did last month where i said money wasn't the reason for leaving arsenal" :rolleyes:

well, we'll find out how true to his word he is soon enough.

Simon
July 10th, 2011, 12:04 PM
On the Modric thing, won't Spurs put themselves at risk of doing a Pandev if they refuse to sell then refuse to play him? That'd be hilarious.

They made Pandev train on his own, which I believe violated something in his contract, that's why he was allowed to leave and given damages. If Modric is put in with the stiffs that's our right, unless he has anything written into the contract saying that he has to be part of the first team or whatever I would have thought. No player has a right to play for the club automatically, if we choose to leave in the reserves what legal right would he have to void the contract?

Simon
July 10th, 2011, 12:05 PM
You shitting it a little bit about City next year yet KMH? They could be your biggest rivals the way things are going.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 10th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Because of Clichy and Savic? We were better than them last year, and the gap is probably even greater as of now.

JIJ
July 10th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Because it's true. This chap is definitely 'in the know' in regards to United, he's been proven spot on so many times that it's not even in question.

If he says we're in for both Sneijder and Nasri then it's true.

But we've known that for months now already.

All he's done there is repeat old rumours and basically said "they might come but they might not".

Fucking genius get him in MI6

Simon
July 10th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Nasri on his way again. If I was a United fan I would be pooing it a bit.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 10th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Nasri on his way again. If I was a United fan I would be pooing it a bit.

United are a central midfielder away from being better than City all over the pitch. Chelsea are the team to worry about.

Simon
July 10th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Fuck Chelsea. They are an ageing, dying force.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 10th, 2011, 12:20 PM
They'll have Modric bossing games for them next year, though.

Lawson
July 10th, 2011, 12:34 PM

I did this with Gerrard once on Championship Manager. He languished for a couple of satisfying seasons.

Absolutely ludicrous thing to do in real life, though. You'd waste the money on his wages; the fee you'd get in a year's time would be reduced; he'd be a hugely destabalising element among the squad; current players wouldn't trust a word Levy came out with when he discusses new contracts; future targets will be put off signing.

The amusement of seeing him potter about with the reserves will only balance a fragment of the negatives.

So it'd be great. It'd only be amusing and helpful for anyone not involved with Spurs. You've mentioned for the good of football and you're right there: every other club would benefit from the example of top talent being snubbed this way.

RuneEdge
July 10th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Nasri signs for City

"this move isn't about money, i promise. in fact, you can look at the interview i did last month where i said money wasn't the reason for leaving arsenal" :rolleyes:

well, we'll find out how true to his word he is soon enough.

It wasnt even a month, it was 7 days ago. :D

El Capitano Gatisto
July 10th, 2011, 1:09 PM
Wenger stated categorically a while ago that he wouldn't sell Nasri to United. I think he'll go to City.

Selling him to City would be just as big a problem. I think he's hoping a big foreign side come in. Maybe he's hoping a little transfer merry-go-round will take place if Inter decide to let Sneijder go and look for a replacement, they're one of the foreign sides who have been credited with an interest in Nasri.

I don't even know why City want Nasri other than just to have him. Every concievable position Nasri could play in is covered already. What does it mean for the likes of Adam Johnson and James Milner?

The Rosk
July 10th, 2011, 1:23 PM
It could mean that Jimmy would come back to us please God please God please God.

Also, am I being absolutely stupid for thinking there is even the smallest possibility that Stephen Ireland under a new manager will take on a new lease of life? Or am I fucking kidding myself and the fruitcake will probably top himself with his own pink car Brian Harvey-style?

El Capitano Gatisto
July 10th, 2011, 1:26 PM
Milner will just sit there at City and soak up the wages if they bring in Nasri.

Stephen Ireland's best football in his career was under Mark Hughes so it's clear he can play for a disciplinarian manager and thrive. Whether McLeish is just going to pack his midfield with willing runners and play the sort of dreadful, unimaginative football he is known for will decide whether Ireland does well, I suppose.

The Rosk
July 10th, 2011, 1:33 PM
I don't believe Milner will stay there if he gets fewer than 20 games next season and they don't win the title. Doesn't seem like a prick who will soak up cash and not want to play for it. One of the very few I can say that about. He did play in 39 games last season for City mind.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 10th, 2011, 1:40 PM
Look how happy Samir is

http://twitpic.com/show/large/5o3y1f

@EmmanuelF4 Emmanuel Y Frimpong
Happy Team @Arsenal departing Now cya all soon #screenmuncher http://twitpic.com/5o3y1f

Simon
July 10th, 2011, 1:41 PM
He'd just been to the tip to drop off his Arsenal kit.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 10th, 2011, 1:46 PM
LADS ON TOUR

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg737/scaled.php?tn=0&server=737&filename=o2ur.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

No Sami :scared:

Simon
July 10th, 2011, 1:48 PM
It looks like the three black lads are visiting a dying child in hospital.

RuneEdge
July 10th, 2011, 1:53 PM
:lol:

Mik
July 10th, 2011, 3:15 PM
So yesterday I read that Bruce said we had no interest in selling Gyan and that it would take a 'wonder bid' to persuade us to let him go. Today I read that Tottenham are lining up a bid of Jermaine Defoe plus 5m.

Simon
July 11th, 2011, 6:03 AM
That is a wonder bid. Surely you must wonder why we bothered.

Arsenal have signed Gervinho and are saying they are keeping Nasri and Fabs. As much as I hope Hairline Harry is shit and want Arsenal to go down the swanny, I would love it if they told Fabs and Nasri they are staying just as we have.

Simon
July 11th, 2011, 6:28 AM
Malaga are lining up a massive bid for Sneijder apparently. They're like a smaller scale version of when City were taken over at the moment, making a lot of shrewd purchases but also offering huge money for players, it's just a case of waiting until they are good enough to attract them.

MikeHunt
July 11th, 2011, 7:33 AM
Malaga or Man U?

i wonder who wes will pick?

son_of_foley
July 11th, 2011, 7:48 AM
Wolves agreed a fee for Roger Johson for 7m

I know it was just paper talk but I would prefer Tomkins at 1.5m personally

Andy
July 11th, 2011, 7:58 AM
Where does the 1.5m come from?

Johnson definitely isn't worth 7m though. Dann might be, just about.

1_Pablo_Angel
July 11th, 2011, 8:49 AM
eh? Johnson's a cracking centre half, proven in the premier league and still with the potential to improve considerably.

Definitely worth 7m in todays market.

Andy
July 11th, 2011, 8:50 AM
Never really rated him. Birmingham's defence was visibly poorer after Dann got injured.

1_Pablo_Angel
July 11th, 2011, 9:00 AM
Yeah but that's to be expected when a partnership gets broken up. I'd have been more than happy for us to have bought him at that price. Wolves have done well.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 11th, 2011, 9:01 AM
I'm not a big fan of Johnson, but 7m in todays market isn't that bad, plus he's got years left in him.

Simon
July 11th, 2011, 9:10 AM
Dann is the brains of that operation, plus he's younger and would probably cost less. Tomkins looks alright as well but he's always been in a shit defence so he gets the benefit of the doubt when he makes mistakes, it would be a risk buying him because we don't know whether the defence makes him look bad or he is just part of a bad defence. Still though at 1.5m it would be a decent buy, particularly when players like Matt Mills are going from Championship club to Championship club for 5m.

son_of_foley
July 11th, 2011, 9:27 AM
Tomkins has all the tools to be a brilliant centre back. I hope he gets a run under Big Sam that should hopefully prove if he can apply it to being in a strong defense

Simon
July 11th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Stoke have signed Woodgate. Presuming it's on a PAYP, it's a good signing. Along with Ledley he has an unbelievable ability to come back in after long spells out and immediately be up to speed and not look at all rusty, so even if he's only available for ten or so games a season it won't be costing them anything and when he does play they'll have a great player.

son_of_foley
July 11th, 2011, 10:35 AM
I think it will be heavily incentivised but if he was willing to take a purely PAYG deal surely Spurs would still have him? Theres bound to be a decent basic salary there hence him being willing to move

RFF Champ
July 11th, 2011, 1:25 PM
Wolves had Scott Dann in for a medical just before he signed for Birmingham but Birmingham offered him 7k a week more.

Wolves' recruitment policy has been quite sensible past couple of years. Each year adding players with Premier League experience like Johnson, Stephen Hunt, Fletcher etc.

Funboy
July 11th, 2011, 3:48 PM
Fuck you Gibson.

Mik
July 11th, 2011, 3:54 PM
Ah you changed it to Funboy? Good lad.

What has Gibson done now?

Murphy
July 11th, 2011, 5:04 PM
27m, eh.

Andy
July 11th, 2011, 5:21 PM
Ferguson says he thinks Nasri has agreed to go somewhere else.

turdpower
July 11th, 2011, 5:56 PM
Source?

Keano's Magic Hat
July 11th, 2011, 5:58 PM
Sir Alex is on a wind up :D

Definitely joining United now.. especially after Fergie questioned the Arsenal board's reaction to Wenger's refusal to sell