PDA

View Full Version : The Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

Mik
June 30th, 2011, 4:57 PM
O'Shea has agreed terms with Sunderland. Deal completed early next week according to The Guardian :(

Not heard anything about it, but hope its true. According to Mickey Gray all three Man Utd players will be wrapped up by the weekend along with perhaps another big signing.

The Rosk
June 30th, 2011, 7:05 PM
You are going to love Craig Gardner.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 30th, 2011, 7:07 PM
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Arsenal-linked-shock-move-for-Manchester-United-defender-John-O-Shea-article754696.html

straight swap for Nasri

El Capitano Gatisto
June 30th, 2011, 7:08 PM
Nasri + 8 million would be fair.

Mik
June 30th, 2011, 7:14 PM
You are going to love Craig Gardner.

I'd love anyone to score goals from our midfield.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 30th, 2011, 7:16 PM
Seeing Arsenal linked with O'Shea has reminded me of this

YouTube - ‪John O'Shea and his cheeky chip!! (Legendary Celebration)‬‏

You could be right, ECG. Nasri + 8m

Simon
June 30th, 2011, 7:16 PM
O'Shea will bring some much needed flair to the Arsenal side. Not sure another mercurial genius is what they need, but if he does go I hope Wenger doesn't shunt him out to the wing. Just off RVP, in the O'Shea hole. Goals galore.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 30th, 2011, 7:17 PM
That 4-2 at Highbury is quite possibly the best game of football I have ever seen.

Simon
June 30th, 2011, 7:17 PM
Seeing Arsenal linked with O'Shea has reminded me of this

YouTube - ‪John O'Shea and his cheeky chip!! (Legendary Celebration)‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seejAiq6V7A)

You could be right, ECG. Nasri + 8m

Probably my favourite non-Spurs goal. The decadence of the celebration is brilliant. He definitely says something like "what's the big deal?" or "was there ever any doubt" when the other players get to him.

RuneEdge
June 30th, 2011, 7:23 PM
That 4-2 at Highbury is quite possibly the best game of football I have ever seen.

It was an awesome night. The build up, the whole handshake thing, loved it all.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 30th, 2011, 7:27 PM
YouTube - ‪John O'Shea nutmegs Luis Figo‬‏

Remember he skinned about 6 players up the left wing and smashed a monster shot off the bar against Newcastle that season too. He was a flying wing-back in his day but settled into the relaxed lifestyle of a luxury player.

turdpower
June 30th, 2011, 7:28 PM
Probably my favourite non-Spurs goal. The decadence of the celebration is brilliant. He definitely says something like "what's the big deal?" or "was there ever any doubt" when the other players get to him.

"I have no idea what I'm doing here lads"

son_of_foley
July 1st, 2011, 4:14 AM
Gardener really isnt that good. Purple patch last season. Good free-kick on him pretty average otherwise

Simon
July 1st, 2011, 4:20 AM
YouTube - ‪John O'Shea nutmegs Luis Figo‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gasxpPiews&feature=related)

Remember he skinned about 6 players up the left wing and smashed a monster shot off the bar against Newcastle that season too. He was a flying wing-back in his day but settled into the relaxed lifestyle of a luxury player.

If I remember right, that nutmeg was a nod to George Best, he said before the game that he was going to nutmeg him. IIRC he was playing centre back that day but moved out to left wing just to do that. Of course as we all know George Best regularly insisted that John O'Shea was his natural successor.

son_of_foley
July 1st, 2011, 4:27 AM
OHHH THAT SIMON

Simon
July 1st, 2011, 4:33 AM
That's about the fifth or sixth time you've tried to dog me in the last couple of days. There's got to be a better way of spending your time than following me around making the same inane comments.

son_of_foley
July 1st, 2011, 4:43 AM
You've done your John O'Shea routine quite a few times in the past month or two

Simon
July 1st, 2011, 5:07 AM
It's just a bit of fun.

son_of_foley
July 1st, 2011, 5:09 AM
So was my post you sod.

Apparentley CMS turned down QPR because Warnock would not guarantee he would be there for the season

Red Dog
July 1st, 2011, 5:15 AM
Who is CMS?

Simon
July 1st, 2011, 5:16 AM
Craig Mackail-Smith?

son_of_foley
July 1st, 2011, 5:17 AM
yep

Simon
July 1st, 2011, 6:02 AM
Swansea have signed Steven Caulker on loan for the season. Big season for him, if he plays regularly and gives a good account of himself there's no reason why he couldn't be playing for us the season after this. As I've said before he's the one player in our youth setup that they REALLY have high hopes for.

RFF Champ
July 1st, 2011, 6:11 AM
I can't imagine you'd let him go on loan without assurances that he will play but it is a strange one in the sense that Monk and Tate are their captains and leaders. I guess Williams and Caulker first choice with Monk being groomed for a position on the backroom staff. I know he and Tate got a lot of credit for steadying the ship after Martinez and his backroom staff left.

They need a keeper too since De Vries left. Pratley has officially signed for Bolton now too.

Simon
July 1st, 2011, 6:25 AM
They've paid for him and there is an option to review it in January, so presumably they can do what they want with him but if he's not playing then we'll bring him back in January and send him out somewhere else.

turdpower
July 1st, 2011, 7:11 AM
PSG bid 13.5m for Taarabt :eek:

Alf
July 1st, 2011, 7:22 AM
...and we'd get 40% of that.

RFF Champ
July 1st, 2011, 7:26 AM
PSG have just been taken over by a group from Qatar. Hopefully they spend loads of money on strikers and we can get Erdinc.

RFF Champ
July 1st, 2011, 8:29 AM
A couple of decent free transfers taking place today. Bradley Johnson is going to Norwich. I thought he'd go to a more established PL club, good player. Zoltan Gera is having a medical at West Brom, as expected.

Simon
July 1st, 2011, 8:31 AM
Gutted to hear that Taarabt is going abroad, was really looking forward to seeing him in the Prem.

Simon
July 1st, 2011, 8:32 AM
Newcastle have bought yet another Frenchman, some kid from Lens called Abeid.

RFF Champ
July 1st, 2011, 8:36 AM
13mil for a player with one year on his contract, not proven at PL level and could go bananas at anytime is worth taking IMO.

Red Dog
July 1st, 2011, 8:46 AM
He has lost loads of weight. I wouldnt even have recognised him if we hadnt seen a group of lads staring and talking about him. This obviously means he is coming back to Forest and I am calling it. You heard it here first. :D
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/01072011/63/reid-agrees-reds-return.html

IN THE KNOW.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 1st, 2011, 8:57 AM
haha, great shout

Keano's Magic Hat
July 1st, 2011, 9:22 AM
neil ashton, notw journalist who broke the tevez to man city stuff seems quite confident that United will put a bid in today for nasri, and his latest tweet reads:

it is going to come down to more than just money. Player wants to join united.

he was also on talksport earlier talking about how nasri wants to be part of sir alex's new squad that is going to change the way we play and the way english football is played :eek:

I've been saying it for ages, 1 keeper, 9 wingers and 1 striker is the future.

turdpower
July 1st, 2011, 11:04 AM
Yeah, well done about knowing about Andy Reid... sof.

Red Dog
July 1st, 2011, 11:24 AM
Yeah, well done about knowing about Andy Reid... sof.
I saw him in the gym you thin cunt.

Red Dog
July 1st, 2011, 11:30 AM
Maynard, Barnes and Routledge are next. I havent seen them in the gym though.

Simon
July 1st, 2011, 11:53 AM
Can someone explain the big fuss with Gary Cahill for me? Not that he's shit or anything, but seemingly he is about to spark a bidding war between City, Arsenal and Chelsea. I don't get it.

Alf
July 1st, 2011, 11:57 AM
English.

RuneEdge
July 1st, 2011, 12:09 PM
neil ashton, notw journalist who broke the tevez to man city stuff seems quite confident that United will put a bid in today for nasri, and his latest tweet reads:

it is going to come down to more than just money. Player wants to join united.

he was also on talksport earlier talking about how nasri wants to be part of sir alex's new squad that is going to change the way we play and the way english football is played :eek:

I've been saying it for ages, 1 keeper, 9 wingers and 1 striker is the future.
http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/united-target-gets-warning-from-french-pal
Sounds like Evra's been the one that's really turned his head. Nice work. :yes: :D
Thinking back to last season, you reckon the whole Rooney's contract incident has something to do with our spending? I think I remember him saying something about needing reassurance that we're gonna be competing in the market again.

Andy
July 1st, 2011, 12:13 PM
What a horrible time to be an Arsenal fan. Three first teamers off, about to be blown out of the water for Cahill and seemingly no progress with any over transfers.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 1st, 2011, 12:13 PM
Arsenal fans must hate Evra :D

The same fella who said De Gea was a done 9 months ago has said that De Gea, Young and Modric were the names given to Rooney as a statement of intent. Rooney should shut the fuck up.

Funboy
July 1st, 2011, 12:17 PM
I'd like John O'Shea to stay - he is a great, versatile squad player.

Rooney went about it the wrong way, but if it made the board stop finger-twiddling and actually buy these players then all the better.

Andy
July 1st, 2011, 12:20 PM
I'd still be surprised if Nasri went to Man U but then if we get 20m for him it would be hard to turn down.

Mik
July 1st, 2011, 12:20 PM
I'd like him to leave and go to Sunderland as the main defender.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 1st, 2011, 12:23 PM
Evra and Nasri apparently hate each other, I think Evra's chat has been more designed to wind him up about winning fuck all at Arsenal.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 1st, 2011, 12:27 PM
didn't know that :D

I love evra

Beefy
July 1st, 2011, 12:29 PM
Evra's best mate is apparently Bilel Mohsni. Oddly.

Just throwing that out there. Carry on.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 1st, 2011, 12:32 PM
Wrong. His best mate is Sir Bobby Charlton.

YouTube - ‪Patrice Evra serenades Bobby Charlton‬‏

BBF
July 1st, 2011, 1:27 PM
Evra's best mate is apparently Bilel Mohsni. Oddly.

Just throwing that out there. Carry on.

Weird. Gael Clichy's best mate is ex-Barnet defender Kenny Gillet.

All a bit odd innit.

RFF Champ
July 1st, 2011, 1:50 PM
Defoe to sunderland aapppaz

I doubt Defoe would want to move to the north east.

He's viewed a couple of properties in Newcastle today. I would guess with a view of signing for Sunderland. It would be a strange place to buy a holiday home.

Mik
July 1st, 2011, 1:53 PM
Where did you hear that? I would take him as long as we didnt break the bank (so it wont happen, this is Spurs we're talking about). But its a bit peculiar because the two experienced proven strikers we'd be taking are the two smaller ones and the big lads are the inexperienced ones. I'd prefer it mixed.

Bad Collin
July 1st, 2011, 1:53 PM
Source Alex?

RFF Champ
July 1st, 2011, 2:02 PM
To be perfectly honest I didn't check the source when I read it and forgot to put APPAZ. The ITK I've mentioned has said it but I'm going to stop quoting him because he's another Ben and I don't think he was the first to say it.

I think it might have come from a source reported by Tony Jeffries (a boxer?) who also reported the Gardner signing but the Spurs ITKs have been saying it since Alf posted it yesterday.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 2nd, 2011, 10:55 AM
Arsenal target, Ricky Alvarez, is off to Inter Milan.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 2nd, 2011, 7:39 PM
Nasri quotes from NOTW interview

"Money has never been my motivation. I have always taken decisions from a football point of view"

"With no titles under your belt, u can't be in list for Ballon D'Or. I came to England for trophies We all need to get out of comfort zone"

"We already earn huge wages. The priority is to make a big career and to win titles. This is more important than everything else"

"I don't want to sign for a club where I wouldn't be playing the football that I like, where I wouldn't feel happy, just for the money".

RuneEdge
July 2nd, 2011, 7:55 PM
:hyper:
The teasing bastard better join us after all this crap.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 2nd, 2011, 8:13 PM
:confused:

Those quotes just sound like a kick up the arse to Wenger, the squad and to the board. Similar to the whole Rooney business. I expect Wenger to use the Cesc money on great, not good, players and for Nasri to stay.

I heard Philippe Auclair the other day talking about Nasri being ruthlessly ambitious.. Arsenal need to show that they can match his ambition, and I think they will.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 2nd, 2011, 8:18 PM
saying that, those comments coming from him are a bit comical. He's had half a season where he's looked a genuine world beater, and the rest of the time he's been the epitome of an Arsenal fairy boy, bottling loser.

I could understand Fabregas or Van Persie (even with his injuries) coming out with something like that, but from Nasri it's a bit of a joke.. and it's not like Arsenal haven't the squad to win the title, we won it last year with a 38 year old in a two man midfield for fuck sake

RuneEdge
July 2nd, 2011, 8:26 PM
:confused:

Those quotes just sound like a kick up the arse to Wenger, the squad and to the board. Similar to the whole Rooney business.

Sound more like the kinda comments you'd make to justify wanting to move without looking as a dick.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 2nd, 2011, 8:34 PM
'we all need to get out of comfort zone', is in my opinion the key there. Doesn't sound like he wants to leave, just frustrated and wants to see changes at the club.

Mik
July 3rd, 2011, 7:58 AM
A few rumours around about us today.

Apparently we're going to sow up the O'Shea deal for 3m, which I would be delighted about.

Reckon we may have moved ahead of Everton in the race for Wes Brown, which I'd be fairly happy about.

We've signed Roarie Deacon the 19 year old Striker from Arsenal. Dont know anything about him. Any Arsenal fans know the crack?

SSN reckons that we're interested in some French defender, havent heard that reported anywhere else though.

SSN also reckons that Gordon will be going to Arsenal for 4m. Would be disappointed in that. I think that if we can get him fit Gordon would absolutely be our number 1 still.

RuneEdge
July 3rd, 2011, 8:10 AM
'we all need to get out of comfort zone', is in my opinion the key there. Doesn't sound like he wants to leave, just frustrated and wants to see changes at the club.

But look at the way he said it.
"Money has never been my motivation. I have always taken decisions from a football point of view"
"With no titles under your belt, u can't be in list for Ballon D'Or. I came to England for trophies We all need to get out of comfort zone"
'Comfort zone' sounds like he's refering to Arsenal FC. He feels he needs to leave if he wants to achieve what he set out to do when he came to England.

EDIT
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7015881,00.html
The full comments make my point more clear.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 3rd, 2011, 9:43 AM
3m for O'Shea? Fuck off. Absolute bullshit.

He's worth twice that.

Glen
July 3rd, 2011, 9:59 AM
He really is.

Simon
July 3rd, 2011, 12:04 PM
Mail on Sunday reckons Chelsea are going in for Walcott :D

RuneEdge
July 3rd, 2011, 12:10 PM
lolz. Next it'll be RVP.

Andy
July 3rd, 2011, 1:27 PM
RVP's already been linked with a move and we've received bids for Diaby and Arshavin. Fuck knows why we turned down the Diaby one.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 3rd, 2011, 1:30 PM
Denilson

Keano's Magic Hat
July 3rd, 2011, 1:30 PM
is the worst midfielder in the premier league. Arsenal can't give him away.

Gary J
July 3rd, 2011, 1:38 PM
We've signed Roarie Deacon the 19 year old Striker from Arsenal. Dont know anything about him. Any Arsenal fans know the crack?

Did you actually sign him? I thought he was a free agent

We had him on trial last season as i'm sure Arsenal had released him and we didn't deem him good enough to sign him up permanently.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 3rd, 2011, 1:39 PM
roarie deacon?

there's a joke to be had there

Keano's Magic Hat
July 3rd, 2011, 1:42 PM
big week for transfers coming up. squads are back for preseason training and I reckon a good few deals will be completed.

has charlie adam signed for liverpool yet?

DeathInc
July 3rd, 2011, 11:36 PM
big week for transfers coming up. squads are back for preseason training and I reckon a good few deals will be completed.

has charlie adam signed for liverpool yet?

Rumoured to be in the final stages of completion. But my guess is the transfer fee is delaying most of the deals. Most selling clubs will look to squeeze every available money out of their deals.

RFF Champ
July 4th, 2011, 4:15 AM
Newcastle have tabled their first proper bid for Erding of 7.5mil. The previous offers have been verbal. This is according to the local media and also French radio.

Max Gradel's agent has said some transfer activity regarding Gradel is expected to happen in the next 48 hours. We've been linked with him in the past and seems the kind of player we're after. That's purely me speculating, a few other clubs have been linked or he could just sign a new contract or something.

Simon
July 4th, 2011, 4:23 AM
With left-back Gael Clichy expected to complete his 7m move to Manchester City in the next twenty-four hours, the Gunners could be considered close to implosion as a queue of high-profile players builds up at the Emirates' departure lounge.

Though Fabregas and Nasri are both due to return to North London this Monday, their appearances could be fleeting. The Spaniard is set to undergo fitness tests to determine whether he can start pre-season training on Tuesday as the Gunners continue to play hardball in talks with Barcelona, while the Frenchman due to meet Arsene Wenger for last-ditch showdown talks on his future. However, the player is reputedly determined to quit the club and move to Manchester in order to join either United or City.

The Daily Mirror claims 'there is a growing feeling that Arsenal will sell Nasri - with both Manchester clubs keen - rather than let him run down his contract', while Nasri's comments to a French magazine over the weekend, in which he stressed his desire for trophies rather than money, have only fuelled the expectation that he will leave Arsenal before the season starts.

As for Fabregas, his long-anticipated return to Barcelona should finally be completed in the coming days.

'Fbregas, who has been on holiday in Spain, will return with the bulk of the senior squad on Tuesday, with Barcelona still attempting to complete what they hope will be a 35m transfer back to the club,' reports The Guardian. 'A bid of around 27m was rejected earlier in the summer but having received an improved offer last week, there is an acceptance at Arsenal that the long-running saga of their captain's future is nearing a conclusion.

'The player himself was quoted last week as being "calm and optimistic" about his future. While the 24-year-old privately anticipates that he will be granted his wish to join the Catalan club where he started his career, he is not expected to risk his reputation at Arsenal by refusing to report back for training and will instead hope resolution is reached in negotiations before the Gunners depart for a mini-tour of Malaysia and China a week on Sunday.'

For Arsenal supporters, braced for a 6.5% increase in the cost of season tickets, one crumb of comfort is the thought that the club's coffers, already thought to hold 40m for transfers, will soon be swelled by an additional 70m. However, as The Independent points out, 'Arsenal are well aware that they are likely to be quoted inflated prices for players if they sell Clichy, Fabregas and Nasri in quick succession, meaning they would ideally like to reinforce their squad before losing players.'

The anger that is bound to be sparked by the departures of Nasri and Fabregas will hardly be quelled if, as announced by The Daily Mirror, Wenger opts to respond by launching a bid for Kevin Doyle, a striker who has scored 14 goals in 59 appearances since Wolves' return to the top-flight. There will also be widespread bafflement if Arsenal sanction the departures of three established first-teamers in Clichy, Fabregas and Nasri whilst retaining the raft of deadwood in their bloated squad. Hitherto, the Gunners have failed to offload any of the likes of Manuel Almunia, Sebastien Squillaci, Denilson, Abou Diaby, Tomas Rosicky, Carlos Vela and Nicklas Bendtner.

Arsene, it's over to you.

:fingersx:

Bluemoon
July 4th, 2011, 4:37 AM
Its all happening at Arsenal.

Maybe they'll go in for Bridge and SWP to replace players going.

Simon
July 4th, 2011, 4:38 AM
Sweep is going to Wigan isn't he? And Bridge to Newcastle if Enrique goes.

RFF Champ
July 4th, 2011, 4:48 AM
I can't see Newcastle being interested in Bridge.

If you look at our transfer activity so far this summer, it's all young players, with low transfer fee/wage combinations and potential high re-sale value. The complete opposite of Bridge.

son_of_foley
July 4th, 2011, 4:55 AM
I might open a french restaurant in Newcastle. Think of the fucking trade you would get now

Bluemoon
July 4th, 2011, 6:12 AM
Sweep is going to Wigan isn't he? And Bridge to Newcastle if Enrique goes.

last I heard SWP was going Bolton and that's where he wants to go. As for Bridge no idea.

The Rosk
July 4th, 2011, 6:14 AM
So the Independent and Mail say we're looking to close N'Zogbia this week. Him and Given will be a good first few signings.

turdpower
July 4th, 2011, 6:28 AM
If Man City have this much money, why are they buying Clichy?

Simon
July 4th, 2011, 6:31 AM
Well to be fair to him he has previously shown real class in the past, he's both hugely experienced (Arsenal's longest serving player) and still relatively young, he's played at the level City are looking to reach...he's been shite for the past couple of years but maybe he just needs a change of scenery.

Bluemoon
July 4th, 2011, 6:36 AM
If Man City have this much money, why are they buying Clichy?

Probably because Roberto has seen sense and paying 15m-20m for a foreign left back just doesn't always work.

Not that I highly rate Clichy.

Bluemoon
July 4th, 2011, 6:37 AM
I'd love us to get N'Zogbia, he's a left back ain't he?

Simon
July 4th, 2011, 6:39 AM
I'd love us to get N'Zogbia, he's a left back ain't he?

Na he played there for a while but he's a winger, and a bloody good one at that. He's developed his game and is as good cutting in from the right as bombing down the left.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 4th, 2011, 7:02 AM
Arsenal being linked with a 12m move for Kevin Doyle

Gary J
July 4th, 2011, 7:04 AM
Well to be fair to him he has previously shown real class in the past, he's both hugely experienced (Arsenal's longest serving player)

Surely Fabregas is their longest serving player?

The Rosk
July 4th, 2011, 7:06 AM
If we kept Downing then two of him, Albrighton and NZogbia supporting Bent could be tasty.

Beefy
July 4th, 2011, 7:07 AM

Clichy has been there longer. He's got a winners medal at Arsenal, I believe. That shows how long he's been there.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 4th, 2011, 7:10 AM
Clichy has had one decent season, and I'm not sure if it was even that decent. The press hyped him up because he was young, quick and played for Arsenal. Just like the rest of these 'young guns' that we've been waiting on for the last 7/8 years.

He's crap. Total shit.

Simon
July 4th, 2011, 7:14 AM
Wigan are on the verge of signing Al Habsi permanently. Surprised no one else (Villa?) have gone in for him, he was one of the best keepers in the Prem last year. He could be the key to Villa staying up if they went in for him.

Beefy
July 4th, 2011, 7:16 AM
Fullbacks coming through at Arsenal tend to be good on the ball, quick, good getting forward but with a frailty defensively. Ashley Cole was the same and I think there was an assumption that because Cole improved at defending that Clichy would as well.

We had Nicky Nicolau at Southend who came from Arsenal and he was just like a Clichy or a Cole when we signed him (obviously a terrible version).

Keano's Magic Hat
July 4th, 2011, 7:19 AM
In regards to the Doyle- Arsenal rumour, if it's true, I think it's a good signing. Both he and Jarvis would improve most squads in the Premier League in my opinion. Doyle's goal scoring record isn't the best, but his off the ball running, hold up play and ability in the air causes big problems for most defences. Certainly did against United.

He's a very good player, and is definitely a better option that Bendtner. Maybe Chamakh, too.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 4th, 2011, 7:19 AM
Arsenal being linked with a 12m move for Kevin Doyle

That would be like having a version of Chamakh who actuallys works hard and doesn't turn into a fanny.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 4th, 2011, 7:22 AM
Fullbacks coming through at Arsenal tend to be good on the ball, quick, good getting forward but with a frailty defensively. Ashley Cole was the same and I think there was an assumption that because Cole improved at defending that Clichy would as well.

We had Nicky Nicolau at Southend who came from Arsenal and he was just like a Clichy or a Cole when we signed him (obviously a terrible version).

Exactly, hence me not being sure if he's even had one decent season. Perhaps his age and potential made similar defensive frailties easier to forgive during his initial years. Thinking back to the FA Cup semi final in 2004, I remember Ronaldo absolutely embarrassing him time and time again. I find it hard to believe that he's ever been a decent defender. His positioning has to be seen to be believed. It's horrendous.

MichaelC
July 4th, 2011, 7:38 AM

Clichy has been there longer. He's got a winners medal at Arsenal, I believe. That shows how long he's been there.

Clichy joined in June 2003. Fabregas in September 2003.

I think they both made their debuts in the same game, the League Cup 1-1 draw with Rotherham though, but unsure on that.

Simon
July 4th, 2011, 7:40 AM
Well wiki'd.

MichaelC
July 4th, 2011, 7:48 AM
Well wiki'd.

Thanks.

The Rosk
July 4th, 2011, 7:49 AM
I really think Spurs could do with getting a striker in. Otherwise there is little to no chance of them even getting Top 6 at this rate.

Bluemoon
July 4th, 2011, 7:53 AM
Clichy has had one decent season, and I'm not sure if it was even that decent. The press hyped him up because he was young, quick and played for Arsenal. Just like the rest of these 'young guns' that we've been waiting on for the last 7/8 years.

He's crap. Total shit.

You saying that because he's about to sign for us?

Simon
July 4th, 2011, 7:54 AM
I really think Spurs could do with getting a striker in. Otherwise there is little to no chance of them even getting Top 6 at this rate.

True.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 4th, 2011, 7:59 AM
You saying that because he's about to sign for us?

Obviously. From Apr 15th, 2010:

Clichy has been shit for about 2 years, and he wasn't a great player by any stretch of the imagination before that.

Mik
July 4th, 2011, 7:59 AM
Seems like we look more likely to sign O'Shea than Brown at this rate...I'm okay with that if needs be.

We're also supposed to be launching a bid for the Russian striker Pavel Pogrebnyak. Dont know much about him at all.

The Rosk
July 4th, 2011, 8:01 AM
Wigan are on the verge of signing Al Habsi permanently. Surprised no one else (Villa?) have gone in for him, he was one of the best keepers in the Prem last year. He could be the key to Villa staying up if they went in for him.

Easy. We've still got a good basic squad and if we bring Given in we have the keeping situation sorted, plus Given is a superior goalkeeper.

Plus we have the ten or so good youngsters coming through with no injuries at the moment and a year more under their belts (Bannan/Albrighton/Gary Gardner/Clark/Hogg/Baker/Delfouneso/Lichaj/Delph/Weimann) and add to this the possibility that a new manager and system will lead to progress from the cast-offs in Ireland and Warnock and we have a bit more than we think. Obviously we still need a little investment and if Downing is off than fuck him the cunt.

son_of_foley
July 4th, 2011, 8:02 AM
Before the new Injury he was brilliant. Top Scored in UEFA cup the year Rangers got to the final and Zenit won. 2008? Injured his knee just before Euro 2008 if it hadnt been for that god knows how well they would have done that tournament with Arshaving playing behind him.

Better than Pav. I reckon your scouts read me say that a while ago and have decided that as Rajahs #1 target man scout to try it out.

I've only seen bits and pieces since the knee thing and he's not looked the same but with Gyan you could have something scary there

Simon
July 4th, 2011, 8:09 AM
Easy. We've still got a good basic squad and if we bring Given in we have the keeping situation sorted, plus Given is a superior goalkeeper.

Plus we have the ten or so good youngsters coming through with no injuries at the moment and a year more under their belts (Bannan/Albrighton/Gary Gardner/Clark/Hogg/Baker/Delfouneso/Lichaj/Delph/Weimann) and add to this the possibility that a new manager and system will lead to progress from the cast-offs in Ireland and Warnock and we have a bit more than we think. Obviously we still need a little investment and if Downing is off than fuck him the cunt.
I literally just said that to be a dick, you should be fine verging on half-decent this year IMO. Upper-midtable at a guess.

son_of_foley
July 4th, 2011, 8:13 AM
Birghton supposedly winning race to get CMS. What the fuck? They going to spunk 3 million on him? Odd

Simon
July 4th, 2011, 8:18 AM
Yeah my mate was talking to me about that yesterday, they are head to head with Leicester for him with both teams offering around 3m.

Tony Bloom is really working hard to make Brighton a force in the Championship from the get-go. They signed Will Hoskins for 1m the other week as well, although they have since lost their best player (Elliott Bennett) to Norwich. They've also signed Dennis Bergkamp's nephew Roland, who has been capped at U21 level for Holland and has had two seasons in the Dutch Prem with Excelsior. If they get Mackail-Smith as well that's three signings, all strikers.

They have Jake Forster-Caskey coming through as well, an England U18s regular. Supposedly he's mint, a great attacking midfield prospect. His dad is Spurs legend Darren Caskey and his stepdad is Brighton legend Nicky Forster.

son_of_foley
July 4th, 2011, 8:25 AM
They lost Glen Murray as well didn't they

StevieV
July 4th, 2011, 8:26 AM
Yeah, to palace...

Alf
July 4th, 2011, 9:23 AM
Anyone posted that we have appaz agreed a few for Vucinic?

RFF Champ
July 4th, 2011, 9:27 AM
Chelsea are after 500k just to take Ryan Bertrand on loan. Apparently Newcastle and Wolves were both looking at him but Wolves have decided to give it a miss, I guess we will too.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 4th, 2011, 9:35 AM
Anyone posted that we have appaz agreed a few for Vucinic?

He hilariously rejected the idea of a move to Spurs a couple of years ago, didn't he? Now like a beaten wife, Spurs are asking him for one more go, that this time they'll cook the roast beef just how he likes it.

Simon
July 4th, 2011, 9:43 AM
He apparently wants out of Roma now, his agent is whoring him.

Simon
July 4th, 2011, 9:45 AM
Clichy has had his medical at City.

Gangers
July 4th, 2011, 10:13 AM
So Arsenal are selling their good players, and City are buying their mediocre ones. Winners: United and Chelsea.

Torn
July 4th, 2011, 10:38 AM
3m for CMS is a ridiculous amount of money.

Torn
July 4th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Newcastle have tabled their first proper bid for Erding of 7.5mil. The previous offers have been verbal. This is according to the local media and also French radio.

Is it Erdinc or Erding!? I must get to the bottom of this.

RFF Champ
July 4th, 2011, 10:44 AM
3m for CMS is a ridiculous amount of money.

It's a lot of money but they're getting a tremendous player for that level. His workrate is unbelievable and his goalscoring record hugely impressive

Is it Erdinc or Erding!? I must get to the bottom of this.

I have no idea, I've seen both. He's Turkish so the final letter is some funky letter from their alphabet. Looks like a C to me but the French use a G.

Torn
July 4th, 2011, 10:48 AM
He scored loads in League One, came up to the Championship and scored about 10. He wasn't worth 3m the time they went up last time, or after the Championship season, and all he's done since is score goals at League One again. He's a great player but I don't see what's changed between now and then for clubs to offer so much money.

son_of_foley
July 4th, 2011, 10:52 AM
I think he learnt from a few things that went wrong in championship season but yeah 3m is mental

Torn
July 4th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Clubs seem to do this a lot as well. Even Will Hoskins was rubbish at Championship level for years to the extent where he got picked up for a small fee by Rovers, a good half season in League One and he's 1m player to a Championship club. Despite Watford buying him for 1m+ after a good half season in League One before and him being a bust. Bizarre. I'm not saying these players are not going to perform at that level again but it makes you wonder what clubs are thinking.

Shows what dropping down a league can do for your career I guess.

RFF Champ
July 4th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Clubs seem to do this a lot as well. Even Will Hoskins was rubbish at Championship level for years to the extent where he got picked up for a small fee by Rovers, a good half season in League One and he's 1m player to a Championship club. Despite Watford buying him for 1m+ after a good half season in League One before and him being a bust. Bizarre. I'm not saying these players are not going to perform at that level again but it makes you wonder what clubs are thinking.

Shows what dropping down a league can do for your career I guess.

You make a very good point. I don't think Mclean has been doing well at Hull and he scored quite a few goals in League One and went for a big fee.

I don't think 10 goals in a struggling team is a bad return though. I've been very impressed by him when I've seen him play. His workrate is obviously his biggest asset, which I think immediately makes him more likely to succeed than the other players mentioned but he has ability to go along with that. He was in the Peterborough team that dominated Newcastle's second string in a Carling Cup game 2 years ago and was one that stood out.

The fee is very big though, you are right.

MMH
July 4th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Seems like we look more likely to sign O'Shea than Brown at this rate...I'm okay with that if needs be.

We're also supposed to be launching a bid for the Russian striker Pavel Pogrebnyak. Dont know much about him at all.

I love him but many people think he is shit. If you play a lone striker like Darren Bent was for you then he will be perfect for you. Big and strong and works all day. Scores a decent amount too. I would love him at Everton but he is certainly more of a system player than anything else.

Andy
July 4th, 2011, 12:56 PM
I've only just realised that the dickhead agent who has now signed up Fabregas, Nasri, Clichy and RVP is Darren Dein, the son of David. The man has had an agenda with Arsenal since his Dad was removed. This summer gets better and better.

Mik
July 4th, 2011, 1:00 PM
I love him but many people think he is shit. If you play a lone striker like Darren Bent was for you then he will be perfect for you. Big and strong and works all day. Scores a decent amount too. I would love him at Everton but he is certainly more of a system player than anything else.

Well, as far as I'm aware the plan is absolutely to look for someone to pair with Gyan. So I'd imagine thats what we're aiming to do.

Chris Scott
July 4th, 2011, 1:04 PM
I've only just realised that the dickhead agent who has now signed up Fabregas, Nasri, Clichy and RVP is Darren Dein, the son of David. The man has had an agenda with Arsenal since his Dad was removed. This summer gets better and better.

Bloody Hell.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 4th, 2011, 1:27 PM
July 25th 2009: “I really believe if you are a player who thinks only about money then you could end up at Manchester City,” said Clichy. “You have to think if you want to play for a big club and have your image or if you want to play for a good club and earn big money. When you ask someone to move for something like 300,000 a week it is just crazy.”
However, it didn’t take Clichy long to realise that he was a player who only thought about too.
July 4th 2011: “I’m really happy to be joining such a great club,” said Clichy. “I hope I can add to the quality we already have here because we have a fantastic squad who I believe will continue to get better. I can’t wait to get started and I think anything is possible with this team.”

Hlebsfall
July 4th, 2011, 1:40 PM
I'm so glad he is gone, he is complete shit. Though saying that, I doubt Arsenal will bother to sign a replacement and will rely on Gibbs, even though he can barely manage 4 games a season and isn't very good.

Gary J
July 4th, 2011, 1:52 PM
You make a very good point. I don't think Mclean has been doing well at Hull and he scored quite a few goals in League One and went for a big fee.

He's done ok he's had a few decent games. Peterborough definitely got the better deal as he's been nowhere near worth the money we paid for him. His first touch is awful , he also lacks pace and at times he was so bad i was hoping Jay fucking Simpson would come back into the team.

RFF Champ
July 4th, 2011, 2:11 PM
And he's 5ft7 and you play long ball.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 4th, 2011, 2:12 PM
Why is Harry Redknapp on this shit? What is the point?

MMH
July 4th, 2011, 2:19 PM
Well, as far as I'm aware the plan is absolutely to look for someone to pair with Gyan. So I'd imagine thats what we're aiming to do.

Ah right, in that case probably not the best signing. He has the ability to make it work though i suppose.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 4th, 2011, 2:24 PM
Redknapp says Spurs are interested in Rossi. So odd for a manager to come on TV and reveal his transfer targets, especially when you wouldn't imagine the player in question to be desperate to join his club.

Fucking gobshite is Rednapp. Rossi would be a quality signing, though.

RFF Champ
July 4th, 2011, 2:31 PM
Everytime someone mentions Rossi I just think of Glenn Roeder not playing him. I just googled him to see what he was up to and Wiki claims he's chief scout at Aston Villa. Surely not?

Lazurus
July 4th, 2011, 2:33 PM
Redknapp says Spurs are interested in Rossi. So odd for a manager to come on TV and reveal his transfer targets, especially when you wouldn't imagine the player in question to be desperate to join his club.

Fucking gobshite is Rednapp. Rossi would be a quality signing, though.

He's trying to flush out any other interest. It looks like Barca aren't in for him but if any of the other huge clubs in Europe are after him Redknapp will find someone else. If not then it'll be 'I think you're a top top player and no-one else wants you'.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 4th, 2011, 2:40 PM
Villareal are in the CL qualifiers though so why would Rossi go to Spurs now unless they're willing to dump a load of cash at player and club? If he stays at Villareal and bangs a few goals in the CL next season then the big clubs will be in for him undoubtedly. I can't see how Spurs have a realistic chance of getting him in a reasonable good deal at least until Villareal play their CL qualifiers so it's a bit weird to be coming out with it now.

McBain
July 4th, 2011, 3:21 PM
Everytime someone mentions Rossi I just think of Glenn Roeder not playing him. I just googled him to see what he was up to and Wiki claims he's chief scout at Aston Villa. Surely not?

Yep.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 4th, 2011, 4:00 PM
I'm so glad he is gone, he is complete shit. Though saying that, I doubt Arsenal will bother to sign a replacement and will rely on Gibbs, even though he can barely manage 4 games a season and isn't very good.

I'm clinging onto the fact that when we sold Ashley Cole, Clichy was an injury prone player who'd only made 57 appearances.

Currently Gibbs is also injury prone, and has also made 57 appearances.

Thats all I have.

I like Gael, always gave his best, and always come across well. Sadly he hasn't played well for 2 years, cannot cross, and had ridiculous lapses of concentration. I wish him well though.

Andy
July 4th, 2011, 4:07 PM
Gal Clichy: "I understand that the people who live in Manchester are the true fans. They are from City."

ZING :lol:

Keano's Magic Hat
July 4th, 2011, 4:26 PM
Gal Clichy: "I understand that the people who live in Manchester are the true fans. They are from City."

ZING :lol:

City are such a pathetic club. They feed their players with these comments in hope of it endearing them with their supporters. Go look up some stats, Manchester is most definitely red.

Red Dog
July 4th, 2011, 4:34 PM
July 25th 2009: I really believe if you are a player who thinks only about money then you could end up at Manchester City, said Clichy. You have to think if you want to play for a big club and have your image or if you want to play for a good club and earn big money. When you ask someone to move for something like 300,000 a week it is just crazy.
However, it didnt take Clichy long to realise that he was a player who only thought about too.
July 4th 2011: Im really happy to be joining such a great club, said Clichy. I hope I can add to the quality we already have here because we have a fantastic squad who I believe will continue to get better. I cant wait to get started and I think anything is possible with this team.
I think though that 2 years ago the money thing was true about Toure and Adebayor etc.

But now it is fair to say that, despite his obvious increase in wages, Clichy could make a good argument that his move has made it more likely he will win things.

Bluemoon
July 4th, 2011, 5:07 PM
Tevez wants to leave according to ssn.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 4th, 2011, 5:09 PM
Probably seen a video of Clichys crossing.

Bluemoon
July 4th, 2011, 5:09 PM
City are such a pathetic club. They feed their players with these comments in hope of it endearing them with their supporters. Go look up some stats, Manchester is most definitely red.

Who says its City telling the player to say that? He could be saying it of his own back knowing he'd have the fans on his side right away by sucking up.

Bluemoon
July 4th, 2011, 5:13 PM
So since Arsenal have become our feeder club, could I get a report of your squad for future feedback.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 4th, 2011, 5:49 PM
Who says its City telling the player to say that? He could be saying it of his own back knowing he'd have the fans on his side right away by sucking up.

Oh, please. All your recent signings are saying the same shit. What the hell would Dzeko know about fan support in Manchester having never stepped foot in the city?

This is also the same club that funded a big fuck off poster of Tevez with the words 'welcome to manchester'.. it's obvious, petty and incredibly small time. And now Tevez wants to leave England because being at such a wank club has him left suicidal. Good riddance to that miserable cunt.

Bluemoon
July 4th, 2011, 6:19 PM
Yeah Dzeko fair enough and Tevez cos his last club was your lot and was obvious a wind up. But Clichy knows the English game and how rivarly in England is between local clubs. To me it sounds like he was just sucking up right away.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 4th, 2011, 6:21 PM
if he knew the English game so well, he wouldn't say something so ridiculously wrong.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 4th, 2011, 6:23 PM
How many journos and assorted pundits will we hear trotting out "how is Italy or Spain closer to his family" in the next days? Probably loads. Then very few people saying that his family might actually want to live in Italy and Spain, whereas they clearly have no interest in living in Manchester.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 4th, 2011, 6:26 PM
daft cunt should have at least attempted to learn the language. No wonder he hates it

El Capitano Gatisto
July 4th, 2011, 6:32 PM
He's from the shittest part of Buenas Aires, the guy obviously hasn't been very well educated. Apparently he got shit for being unable to speak a word of Portuguese at Corinthians in Brazil too.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 4th, 2011, 6:33 PM
He's as dumb as he looks.

I really hope he's off for good this time. How many transfer requests is this now?

Simon
July 4th, 2011, 7:46 PM
Roughly the same as Rooney?

Keano's Magic Hat
July 4th, 2011, 8:26 PM
Rooney's on one. This is Tevez' third. Minimum.

Nice try Simon.

Simon
July 5th, 2011, 4:08 AM
How about pushing to leave Everton to go to United?

Darkoke
July 5th, 2011, 5:12 AM
Tevez hasn't actually handed in a transfer request yet this time has he? Which fucks me off a bit, if it's really just because he wants to be closer to his kids then put in the request and forego any loyalty bonus.

Simon
July 5th, 2011, 5:15 AM
This seems to be the culture now. You can whine all you want about wanting to move and can make it impossible for a club to keep you, but unless you submit the request in writing you're still entitled to a loyalty bonus. It's ridiculous, I wish it could be tightened up but I suppose legally they're on solid ground.

son_of_foley
July 5th, 2011, 6:08 AM
http://img.skysports.com/11/06/660x350/Spain-v-England-Kyle-Walker-v-Jeffren_2609246.jpg

Is he or is he not cupping Kyle Walker there?

Simon
July 5th, 2011, 6:11 AM
Looks like they are both at it. Walker and Danny Rose have signed new contracts at Spurs btw.

Bluemoon
July 5th, 2011, 7:51 AM
if he knew the English game so well, he wouldn't say something so ridiculously wrong.

But he's sucking up to City fans who most believe its true.

And don't try and hit me with those sad stats.

Bluemoon
July 5th, 2011, 7:56 AM
Central defender Stefan Savic is due to undergo a medical with us today.

I think were defo ok for defenders now, also I think Clichy will be ok in a solid defence and excellent kepper behind him.

Alf
July 5th, 2011, 8:03 AM
Looks like they are both at it. Walker and Danny Rose have signed new contracts at Spurs btw.

This is good stuff.

Looking forward to seeing some Walker action in the prem this season. It'll be good to see how Caulker gets on at Swansea too. I'd like Danny to get a prem loan too but I think we'll keep him on to cover the left hand side.

Simon
July 5th, 2011, 8:39 AM
I know it was only a couple of games but I thought Rose was superb when he came in for Ekotto at the end of the season. Looked completely at ease even against Chelsea and Liverpool.

I didn't see a huge amount of Villa last year but by all accounts Walker was excellent, I hope so because Corluka and Hutton aren't quite of the standard we need. Younes the Unit is a better right back than either of them.

Bad Collin
July 5th, 2011, 8:44 AM
I think Walker will really come into his own when Spurs are trying to break teams down.

1_Pablo_Angel
July 5th, 2011, 8:45 AM
He was superb going forward at times, and very ropey defensively at times. Certainly masses of potential there.

The Rosk
July 5th, 2011, 8:46 AM
He cost us three goals purely down to him but made four purely down to him.

Simon
July 5th, 2011, 9:05 AM
Erding has fucked Newcastle off to stay at PSG.

Red Dog
July 5th, 2011, 9:06 AM
Is there anyone in the Spurs squad who Redknapp doesnt describe as a "fantastic player"?

son_of_foley
July 5th, 2011, 9:12 AM
Bale is triffic

Keano's Magic Hat
July 5th, 2011, 9:40 AM
Real Madrid have signed Coentrao. He's quality.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 5th, 2011, 9:48 AM
Ezequiel Garay went the other way. Another good young player signed by Real Madrid that they proved incapable of developing into a first team player. I'm not sure why promising young players would bother going there if they aren't already established, it's like a career vacuum for them.

Simon
July 5th, 2011, 9:51 AM
27m Coentrao cost. Absolutely mental. Not convinced he offers anything that Marcelo doesn't either.

Andy
I don't think Garay has gone there as part of the deal, although he is in talks with Benfica.

Keano's Magic Hat
Wonder if Varane will be given a chance?

Keano's Magic Hat
July 5th, 2011, 9:52 AM
27m Coentrao cost. Absolutely mental. Not convinced he offers anything that Marcelo doesn't either.

He's much better than Marcelo, both defensively and in attack.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 5th, 2011, 9:58 AM
Wonder if Varane will be given a chance?

It's doubtful, isn't it? The Lens chairman originally said he'd reject all bids from abroad to keep Varane in France and the player himself was quoted as saying he'd prefer to stay in France until he was 21, but it sounds like Real got Zinedine Zidane to push the transfer through. It just doesn't really happen at Real that they sign a young player and bring him through, they are more likely to buy established stars from other teams. Canales is already talking about leaving because there's no hope for him to make it there with the players in front of him and Real signing a load of new midfielders this summer.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 5th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Varane was also talking about only leaving for first team football. To be fair to him, I think he stands a better chance of getting regular football at centre halve for Madrid than at United. Carvalho must be 35 now, and if Varane is any good he could make that position his own. Certainly stands a better chance than a young midfielder or striker would at Madrid.

Saying that, he'll probably make 5 appearances next season before being loaned out to a French club. Madrid kill careers before they really get started.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 5th, 2011, 10:47 AM
A photo of Kaka (allegedly :rolleyes:) on holiday

http://fastcache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/11/2011/07/xlarge_img_1574.jpg

What is it with these Brazilian players?

Simon
July 5th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Guangzhou in China have signed Dario Conca from Brazil and are paying him 130k a week for the privilege :eek: wonder if this is the start of China beginning to get a financial foothold in the game. We've started seeing it with sides from the UAE offering crazy money for ageing stars, but this guy is at his peak and has just won the player of the year in Brazil :eek: the fee was 10m as well.

RFF Champ
July 5th, 2011, 2:43 PM
3 highest paid player in the world, I read. Have you seen any decent articles about it? I know they're owned by a billionaire but don't know if Chinese football is going the way you say or if this is just a one off.

RFF Champ
July 5th, 2011, 2:53 PM
Enrique wasn't in training today. Pardew has got the players coming in on different days but I think Enrique was supposed to be in today. I don't know what significance that has, if any but worth mentioning.

Swansea are rumoured after David Stockdale on loan from Fulham to replace De Vries. Would be a good signing. Initially they were looking at Krul but we rejected them appaz.

Leicester are set to sign Nugent too. They are spending crazy money.

Andy
July 5th, 2011, 2:57 PM
SSN saying Modric has asked to leave again.

I reckon Wenger won't replace Clichy. Gibbs, Traore and Botelho will be enough for him.

Simon
July 5th, 2011, 4:01 PM
SSN saying Modric has asked to leave again.

They're just rehashing the story from a while back apparently.

Simon
July 5th, 2011, 4:02 PM
Levy will sort him out anyway. I reckon he's related to Maurice Levy from The Wire, he's got the same ability to keep dodgy black kids with bad attitudes in check.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 5th, 2011, 4:46 PM
Steve Bruce says Sunderland are 'inches away' from completing the signings of Wes Brown and O'Shea. What the hell is going on with Gibson?

El Capitano Gatisto
July 5th, 2011, 5:01 PM
Sunderland inserted a 5 fine clause for every terrible shot he hits in a match, he wants it to kick in after 5 terrible shots.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 5th, 2011, 5:03 PM
:D

turdpower
July 5th, 2011, 6:39 PM
Heard Villa were in for Gibson too.

LOL.

Gangers
July 5th, 2011, 6:58 PM
Levy will sort him out anyway. I reckon he's related to Maurice Levy from The Wire, he's got the same ability to keep dodgy black kids with bad attitudes in check.

Have you ever seen Modric at all?

Keano's Magic Hat
July 5th, 2011, 8:06 PM
Heard Villa were in for Gibson too.

LOL.

I would piss myself if that happened. Gibson was one of Rosk's key players in the 'Manchester United are (potentially) in decline' argument. Please let this be true.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 5th, 2011, 8:07 PM
So, Nasri off to City as expected. I wonder where he'll play?

Keano's Magic Hat
July 5th, 2011, 8:08 PM
i swear if any of you smart cunts say 'eastlands' i'll go on a rampage

RFF Champ
July 6th, 2011, 3:39 AM
It's all very quiet on the transfer front for the mid and lower-table teams. I was just thinking about how Blackburn have done absolutely nothing and all they are linked with is a move to make Tony Warner their 3rd choice keeper.

West Brom have apparently made ambitious attempts to sign Mcgregor and Given but have been knocked back.

Fulham are expected to sign JA Riise soon.

son_of_foley
July 6th, 2011, 3:57 AM
Stoke are rumoured to be in for Bellamy

1_Pablo_Angel
July 6th, 2011, 3:59 AM
I would piss myself if that happened. Gibson was one of Rosk's key players in the 'Manchester United are (potentially) in decline' argument. Please let this be true.

That's just the kind of marquee signing we need to shift a few season tickets after the disappointment of Mcleish.

A 35 year old past it injury prone goalkeeper and a shit midfielder.

RFF Champ
July 6th, 2011, 4:03 AM
I thought it was almost inevitable that Villa would sign Foster, 1pa? Given will be on big wages and hasn't played much in the last year.

Chris Scott
July 6th, 2011, 4:11 AM
20m Downing, we offered 15m so I guess a deal will be agreed around 17m. Or will Villa really hold out for the 20M?

Simon
July 6th, 2011, 4:12 AM
Not seen anything about Nasri to City confirmed KMH?

RFF Champ
July 6th, 2011, 4:15 AM
It's in the papers today. 150k a week.

son_of_foley
July 6th, 2011, 4:17 AM
Villa still after Lee Camp I hear

Simon
July 6th, 2011, 4:19 AM
It's in the papers today. 150k a week.

Nothing in Guardian or Indy, both of them concentrate on City telling Tevez they want 50m or he stays and Fabregas getting annoyed at Real slowing down his transfer to Barca.

RFF Champ
July 6th, 2011, 4:24 AM
Nothing in Guardian or Indy, both of them concentrate on City telling Tevez they want 50m or he stays and Fabregas getting annoyed at Real slowing down his transfer to Barca.

The Sun and The Mail are the papers reporting i.t.

Mik
July 6th, 2011, 4:31 AM
Steve Bruce says Sunderland are 'inches away' from completing the signings of Wes Brown and O'Shea. What the hell is going on with Gibson?

I think that he's shown up why everyone thinks that he's a bit of a dong. Immediately came out saying how it'd be a good move for him and for Sunderland and how he'd be happy to come and play here, happy for an opportunity to prove himself, would love to play for Steve Bruce. Then found out that other clubs might also be interested and stopped in his tracks. He's a bit of a David Bentley to be honest. Says all the right things, but doesnt mean any of them.

Mik
July 6th, 2011, 4:38 AM
I wish that Gyan's agent would fucking shut up. He started talking about stuff the other month and then Gyan came out and said that he loved playing for Sunderland and was happy to stay here, now he's come out and said that an offer has been made for Gyan and that he cant confirm whether he's staying or not. Just keep your mouth shut and let the club release the statements about the player.

RFF Champ
July 6th, 2011, 4:39 AM
Any idea who the offer is from?

Mik
July 6th, 2011, 4:41 AM
Probably fucking Spurs, they've probably paid the agent to make comments to unsettle the player too.

Apparently them, Udinese and Real Madrid are interested. If Henderson went for 20, I want 50m for Gyan.

RFF Champ
July 6th, 2011, 4:45 AM
Didn't he come from Udinese? I saw one of the papers link him with a 13mil move which is laughable. Why would Sunderland even consider selling him for the same price he came for after a good season and with a 3 year contract.

Mik
July 6th, 2011, 4:46 AM
That was an offer from Stoke apparently. Laughable journalism really.

Simon
July 6th, 2011, 4:48 AM
Stop blaming Spurs :mad: Alex he came from Rennes, Udinese was quite a while ago.

RFF Champ
July 6th, 2011, 5:03 AM
Our next target after Erdinc is apparently Shane Long. There have been some media reports that we'll offer cash plus Best. I wouldn't be too happy about that.

1_Pablo_Angel
July 6th, 2011, 5:18 AM
20m Downing, we offered 15m so I guess a deal will be agreed around 17m. Or will Villa really hold out for the 20M?

With the money you've been spending on unproven players we'd better do.

Still no news of a transfer request from the spineless little cunt. If he wants his 2m loyalty bonus you can pay that as well.

RFF Champ
July 6th, 2011, 5:43 AM
Our next target after Erdinc is apparently Shane Long. There have been some media reports that we'll offer cash plus Best. I wouldn't be too happy about that.

Not that the Erdinc deal is dead though, appaz.

Alf
July 6th, 2011, 5:59 AM
Hutton to villa paaaaaaaz.

Hope so.

Ringo
July 6th, 2011, 6:01 AM
Don't know how credible a source LanceNet is, but apparently a Real Madrid delegation is in Santos to finally agree a deal for him. I just want them to get on with it and end this ridiculous saga at this stage. It's only July 6th and there's already a 363 page Neymar thread on the Chelsea forum I visit. Boring.

Mik
July 6th, 2011, 6:08 AM
Although he scored 10 goals for Sunderland last season, Steve Bruce may be prepared to sell if clubs will match the club record 13million paid to Rennes less than a year ago.

What is wrong with these idiot reporters? Why dont WANT to sell Gyan, he hasnt been a flop. Why would we be willing to sell him just cos someone offered the same as we paid for him.

RFF Champ
July 6th, 2011, 6:09 AM
Where is that from?

Mik
July 6th, 2011, 6:16 AM
Various places mate.

Chris Scott
July 6th, 2011, 6:27 AM
With the money you've been spending on unproven players we'd better do.

Still no news of a transfer request from the spineless little cunt. If he wants his 2m loyalty bonus you can pay that as well.

How true is it that he really wants to leave?

Fuck me though if we offer 20m, we need to sell players too.

Bad Collin
July 6th, 2011, 6:36 AM
Meireles mate

turdpower
July 6th, 2011, 6:49 AM
Chelsea make enquiry about Nasri.

It seems us and Chelsea are in for the same type of midfielder. Could be an interesting battle.

Simon
July 6th, 2011, 6:54 AM
Hopefully you both buy him and we can keep Modric.

Simon
July 6th, 2011, 7:23 AM
City have signed that Savic lad.

Chris Scott
July 6th, 2011, 7:34 AM
Meireles mate

I've yet to read or hear one club linked with him yet and if I'm honest I don't think Kenny wants to sell him.

Ringo
July 6th, 2011, 7:38 AM
Would love us to sign Nasri. Just what we need.

Gervinho having a medical at Arsenal btw.

Andy
July 6th, 2011, 7:42 AM
That one only took a month and there was no competition for his signature.

RFF Champ
July 6th, 2011, 7:46 AM
That one only took a month and there was no competition for his signature.

whoah

Bad Collin
July 6th, 2011, 8:12 AM
I've yet to read or hear one club linked with him yet and if I'm honest I don't think Kenny wants to sell him.

I've heard Inter are interested.

1_Pablo_Angel
July 6th, 2011, 8:23 AM
How true is it that he really wants to leave?

Fuck me though if we offer 20m, we need to sell players too.

Pretty true. He's a cunt. He said he was really happy and couldn't wait to sign a new deal, then 2 weeks later 'refused to commit' and said at this stage of his career he couldn't rule anything out. Clearly been tapped up, or at the very least his agent's been having a word in his ear. This is what happens, we give players a platform to play every week in a relatively low pressure environment, they have a decent season and fuck off straight away. With Downing we bought him for big money while he had a broken leg, effectively saved him from the Championship, endured a year of shite and now he does this!

At least have the balls to put in a transfer request you cowardly, gutless little worm.

1_Pablo_Angel
July 6th, 2011, 8:25 AM
Hutton to villa paaaaaaaz.

Hope so.

:dunno:

He'll do I suppose. We need a right back.

Oh yeah, N'gog has been mentioned as a potential make weight in the Downing deal.

Kill me now.

MMH
July 6th, 2011, 8:29 AM
N'Gog aint half as bad as some people think he is.

Not saying he is great or anything but he is decent and still young enough to improve.

Bad Collin
July 6th, 2011, 8:32 AM
Ngog is alright, he needs games and not to be played as a target man.

Mik
July 6th, 2011, 8:37 AM
I would be fairly happy with our attack now if we kept Gyan and bought N'Gog.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 6th, 2011, 8:38 AM
I'm dreading the inevitable Gill/Fergie comments on this being the end of our spending, having once again failed to strengthen the weakest part of our team.

Then we'll sell at-least one of Nani/Berbatov, and a few more fringe players; that will leave us with a net spend of 10m-15m.. David Gill will say that this summer proves that we can compete and I'll go insane.

Bad Collin
July 6th, 2011, 8:43 AM
The Star is reporting that Berbs will be used as a makeweight in a deal for schweinsteiger. I hope that story is as bollocks as it sounds.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 6th, 2011, 8:46 AM
Man Utd will buy. They always do.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 6th, 2011, 8:47 AM
Yeah, it's bollocks, it's in The Star. We were definitely interested in him a year ago but that was before he signed a new contract. He'd be my number one choice, for sure. I love him.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 6th, 2011, 8:52 AM
Man Utd will buy. They always do.

Since the Glazer's have taken over we've made a profit on transfers. It's quite telling that the 50m spent this summer is seen as United 'flexing their muscles', when in reality, we've spent a minimum of 45m a year since their arrival on paying interest on the debt those fucking cunts lumped on the club.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 6th, 2011, 9:53 AM
Sky Sports breaking news: Liverpool agree deal for Blackpool's Charlie Adam

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/012010/1263914772_happy.gif

:D :yes:

Simon
July 6th, 2011, 9:54 AM
Haha you must be delighted.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 6th, 2011, 9:56 AM
Best news of the summer, no question about that

Keano's Magic Hat
July 6th, 2011, 9:59 AM
This is a good signing for Liverpool, though. I can see this being the one that finally gets them round that corner

YouTube - ‪An interview with an LFC fan 2011-2012‬‏

Gary J
July 6th, 2011, 10:02 AM
If Charlie Adam scores a winner for Liverpool against Man Utd next season i can already see the liverpool fans on here posting all the quotes from KMH saying he wanted Liverpool to sign him.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 6th, 2011, 10:02 AM
it's going to happen, isn't it? :(

turdpower
July 6th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Course not :lol:

Bad Collin
July 6th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Only if we get a penalty.

Jesus Christ, what have we done to deserve Adam and Lucas in our midfield? :(

Simon
July 6th, 2011, 10:41 AM