PDA

View Full Version : The Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

1_Pablo_Angel
June 22nd, 2011, 11:04 AM
Not very highly.

He's far better getting chalk on his boots running towards goal.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 22nd, 2011, 11:45 AM
Someone said the Berbatov rumour was being reported by Sky, but it aint on their website. I hope it's bollocks anyway. He's clearly class and has been brilliant. Maybe Fergie is doing the whole YOUTH thing again.

I'd love to see it, though I just think it's a bit early. Morrison is crazy and Pogba is still very lanky and in need of filling out. He looks awkward.

Tunnicliffe is ready.

Torn
June 22nd, 2011, 11:57 AM
I think United selling Berbatov is a solid move to be honest. He's getting on a bit and it's cashing in when his value is at it's highest after a goalscoring season he isn't going to repeat being on United's bench, and also above what his value to United actually is.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 22nd, 2011, 12:08 PM
Berbatov has plenty of time left in him, he appears to be happy playing a squad role and he's a brilliant footballer. Foolish move to get rid of him but keep fucking Michael Owen who was a great player but is now a part-time footballer.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 22nd, 2011, 12:16 PM
Ashley Young is having his medical right now

ECG, I think the feeling is that Berbatov doesn't fit with the way we want to play, which is odd, as the Berba-Hernandez partnership was quite exciting last season.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 22nd, 2011, 12:26 PM
He's another option though which makes it strange. Hernandez may not find it quite as easy in his second season now that people are wise to him and he's the sort of player who won't work in every game. It makes no sense, to me, to have Michael Owen as an alternative as he is quite similar to Hernandez but without the pace or aerial ability and, now, a less reliable finisher. Berbatov offers the option of holding the ball up and keeping it, bringing runners from deep into play. He gives a different way of playing. He's a superb footballer, who, like Dennis Bergkamp, should be well capable of playing some of the best football in his career into his 30s.

It would make much more sense to me to have a striker pool of Berbs, Welbeck, Rooney and Hernandez.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 22nd, 2011, 12:35 PM
Agreed. I think that is what Ferguson would go for if money was no issue. His contract ends in a year and he's on fat wages, keeping Owen and getting a decent-ish fee for Berbatov makes sense if it'll mean improving our midfield.

But yes, Berba- Wellbeck, Rooney- Hernandez would be my four.

Lagom
June 22nd, 2011, 12:36 PM
Just keep Berba, and play him up front with the little bloke, and have Rooney play at the top of a diamond with Lass Diarra as the anchorman.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 22nd, 2011, 12:37 PM
A diamond with wingers?

Lagom
June 22nd, 2011, 12:39 PM
a 5 and 5.

Sod the attacking fullbacks lark. Let them get involved, but make their job defending the flanks.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 22nd, 2011, 12:43 PM
4-4-1-1/4-4-2 Always

Keano's Magic Hat
June 22nd, 2011, 12:43 PM
except against Barcelona, of course.

Lagom
June 22nd, 2011, 12:47 PM
Well it pretty much would be a 4-4-2...

Diarra
Winger 1 ---------------- Winger 2
Rooney

Both Rooney and Diarra have the energy, ability and wherewithall to run a midfield, and playing deeper feeds into Rooney's love for tracking back and hacking people down.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 22nd, 2011, 12:51 PM
We're not going to play Rooney in central midfield, or as an attacking midfielder in a 2 man central area. He lacks enough discipline as a forward player, imagine him in midfield.

Lagom
June 22nd, 2011, 1:20 PM
What he lacks in discipline, he makes up for in work rate, and he would be protected by Diarra, who's not exactly the 'arriving late into the box' type.

RuneEdge
June 22nd, 2011, 1:26 PM
Diamond 4-4-2s (or 4-1-2-1-2 as they sometimes call it) dont work with proper wingers. They're designed for playing side midfielders like Beckham or Fletcher who arent gonna get forward all the time.

Lagom
June 22nd, 2011, 1:32 PM
Fuck off Rune, you can't even stick to your side of the pitch in a virtual 4-4-2, you'd be perfect in the 'diamond/not diamond' i've proposed

Fuck off

:)

FUCK OFFFFFFFF!!!!!! :)

Bad Collin
June 22nd, 2011, 1:34 PM
Don't United play an asymmetric 4-4-2 most of the time? With a attack minded right winger (Ronaldo/Nani/Valencia) and a side midfielder on the left with Evra providing the width.

Rooney would be shit in midfield.

RuneEdge
June 22nd, 2011, 1:40 PM
Fuck off Rune, you can't even stick to your side of the pitch in a virtual 4-4-2, you'd be perfect in the 'diamond/not diamond' i've proposed

Fuck off

FUCK OFFFFFFFF!!!!!! :)
Your dreadful defending from yesterday isnt fit for any formation. Diamond or no fuckin' diamond.

Lagom
June 22nd, 2011, 1:43 PM
Harsh AND untrue, i fear my mocking in jest has sparked a KMH mad-turn in you.

My defending, with a significantly less skilled pro has been nothing short of exceptional, however, i did have one shit game in which i realised that me and Sean do not belong in the same defence.

RuneEdge
June 22nd, 2011, 1:51 PM
Harsh AND untrue, i fear my mocking in jest has sparked a KMH mad-turn in you.

NO IT HASNT! I WILL BET YOU ONE HUNDRED POUNDS THAT IT HASNT! :mad:

In all seriousness. You werent bad. There just wasnt any communication between you and Sean. I dunno why you didnt play up front or somewhere you're used to playing, to be honest.

Lagom
June 22nd, 2011, 2:01 PM
My guy isn't anywhere near agile enough to play up front right now, and his first touch just deserts him. Box-to-box midfielder is what he's good at, and when i unlock Second Wind, he's going to dominate

Simon
June 22nd, 2011, 2:05 PM
Keep your XBox shit out of here you cunts.

Lagom
June 22nd, 2011, 2:11 PM
Making you wish you'd bought one and not lost out on a month of beautiful (or in your lot's case shite) Pro Clubs?

Face it Simon, you may have come out on top in one amusing battle today, but you will not top F.C Rajah of Randy Savage Memorial fame

RuneEdge
June 22nd, 2011, 2:28 PM
Face it Simon, you may have come out on top in one amusing battle today, but you will not top F.C Rajah of Randy Savage Memorial fame
Definately not with that ageing team they have over on the PS3.

turdpower
June 22nd, 2011, 2:30 PM
Beefy is the only olddie.

He's golden though.

Lagom
June 22nd, 2011, 2:38 PM
They were talking it up big when they first started, but now not so much....

Signs of a team "POTENTIALLY" in decline...?

Keano's Magic Hat
June 23rd, 2011, 9:13 AM
Ashley Young has signed. 5 year contract, undisclosed fee.. won't stop people from quoting the extravagant figure the Mirror and/or Sun will undoubtedly print, though

Andy
June 23rd, 2011, 9:22 AM
I guess that frees up O'Shea to go to Sunderland then.

RuneEdge
June 23rd, 2011, 9:25 AM
Ashley Young has signed. 5 year contract, undisclosed fee.. won't stop people from quoting the extravagant figure the Mirror and/or Sun will undoubtedly print, though

It'll be less than what Liverpool pay for Downing.

1_Pablo_Angel
June 23rd, 2011, 12:11 PM
Downing won't go. Mcleish has said it will take over 40m now we've lost Young. Suicide for the board who are already getting an absolute arse raping over the managerial appointment.

Simon
June 23rd, 2011, 12:14 PM
As if it would cost 40m. Downing isn't irreplacable, if you can get 15-20m for him you should sell and get someone better, and that's coming from someone who quite rates Downing.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 23rd, 2011, 12:20 PM
According to ESPN Radio, the Glazers have informed the NYSE that the fee for Young is $16m-11m

No idea how true that is, but it would make sense with what I was hearing yesterday about an 11m + Macheda deal

turdpower
June 23rd, 2011, 12:53 PM
I guess that frees up O'Shea to go to Sunderland then.

Eh?

The Rosk
June 23rd, 2011, 1:01 PM
As if it would cost 40m. Downing isn't irreplacable, if you can get 15-20m for him you should sell and get someone better, and that's coming from someone who quite rates Downing.

Fuck off 15m. We bought him for 12m when he was crocked and he has improved as a player since then..

Red Dog
June 23rd, 2011, 1:04 PM
Ironically if you had appointed Stevie Mac then Downing would probably want to stay seeing as he gave him his big breaks for club and country.

Silly, silly protesters!!!

Simon
June 24th, 2011, 7:02 AM
Arsenal have turned down a bid of 27m for Fabs. Come on Barca, get it done.

Liverpool are apparently ready to bid 10m for Charlie Adam while selling Raul Meireles to Juve for 13.5m. :lol:

Keano's Magic Hat
June 24th, 2011, 7:42 AM
I just want the Charlie Adam-Liverpool deal to be wrapped up as soon as possible. I have this really horrible feeling that United may be interested

Winkle van Tinkle
June 24th, 2011, 8:04 AM
27m can piss off. 40m-45m and it's done. We could sign 165 promising africans for that.

Bad Collin
June 24th, 2011, 8:17 AM
Arsenal have turned down a bid of 27m for Fabs. Come on Barca, get it done.

Liverpool are apparently ready to bid 10m for Charlie Adam while selling Raul Meireles to Juve for 13.5m. :lol:

I just want the Charlie Adam-Liverpool deal to be wrapped up as soon as possible. I have this really horrible feeling that United may be interested

This Meireles/Adam shit better be fucking bollocks. Why can't Adam just sign for United already?

Keano's Magic Hat
June 24th, 2011, 8:25 AM
Daniel Taylor, Guardian journalist and well connected with United, has said that contrary to reports, United are most definitely NOT interested in Adam.

Adam will sign for Liverpool, and in doing so will improve both the United and Liverpool squads. Fair deal.

Red Dog
June 24th, 2011, 8:35 AM
Daniel Taylor is a Forest fan and "tweeted" that Davies was staying about 2 days before he was sacked - pinch of salt I reckon.

Red Dog
June 24th, 2011, 8:37 AM
Adam is fucking mint anyway.

Whether he goes to United or Liverpool or whoever I bet he has a brilliant season.

Bad Collin
June 24th, 2011, 8:37 AM
Adam coming in and Raul leaving would be a blow. With a midfield of Adam-Henderson-Lucas we may as well forget about the top half.

Red Dog
June 24th, 2011, 8:40 AM
Oh yeah we cant have players or managers to LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB coming from little teams like Blackpool can we!!!!

Fucking Liverpool.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 24th, 2011, 8:43 AM
Daniel Taylor is a Forest fan and "tweeted" that Davies was staying about 2 days before he was sacked - pinch of salt I reckon.

He's quite good with United, to be fair. I think Fergie likes him :shocked:

Lagom
June 24th, 2011, 8:44 AM
We've just signed Henderson from Sunderland, wanted Jones from Blackburn and are still interested in Wickham from Ipswich, you fucking nugget.

The problem is shifting Meireles on after one season where he claimed PFA player of the year, to make way for him.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 24th, 2011, 8:46 AM
We've just signed Henderson from Sunderland, wanted Jones from Blackburn and are still interested in Wickham from Ipswich, you fucking nugget.

The problem is shifting Meireles on after one season where he claimed PFA player of the year, to make way for him.

Gareth Bale. Meireles didn't even make the PFA team of the year.

I know you Scousers are desperate for a bit of success, but that's just taking the piss

Bad Collin
Lagom, don't feed the troll.

Red Dog
You cant compare young players with potential who wont be regulars with established players.

Try again.

Lagom
June 24th, 2011, 8:47 AM
That said, that's not my problems with him coming in. I actually think he'd be a good signing if we had a ball winner to play in midfield with him. He had one last season and looked fantastic, but if we play him in the centre with another creative player, he'll be anonymous like he was at Ibrox.

Financially, I'd imagine it makes more sense than not. Adam would likely be on less money than Meireles, we'd be making a profit on Meireles' transfer fee, and we'd be getting a younger player in his place.

But if we're going to play him with Lucas and Gerrard, forget it.

Lagom
June 24th, 2011, 8:48 AM
Gareth Bale. Meireles didn't even make the PFA team of the year.

I know you Scousers are desperate for a bit of success, but that's just taking the piss

Sorry, i meant fans player :(

Keano's Magic Hat
June 24th, 2011, 8:49 AM
Imagine Gerrard and Adam in the same midfield.. Hollywood balls galore

Lagom
June 24th, 2011, 8:51 AM
You cant compare young players with potential who wont be regulars with established players.

Try again.

You think we're willing to pay 18m for Henderson, willing to put 20m+ on the table for Jones and not have them playing?

Snore.

Lagom
June 24th, 2011, 8:52 AM

If BC is still about, i imagine he'll be back in here shortly to mention that Lucas will happily bring down the average with his 5 yard passes

Red Dog
June 24th, 2011, 8:52 AM
No mate one of these fickle plastic scousers said that Gerrard would be rotated this season. :lol:

Lagom
June 24th, 2011, 8:53 AM
:zzz:

Red Dog
June 24th, 2011, 8:55 AM
You think we're willing to pay 18m for Henderson, willing to put 20m+ on the table for Jones and not have them playing?

Snore.
You cant see the difference between signing a England U21 player from Sunderland and a lot older Scottish midfielder from Blackpool?

You are buying Henderson for his potential. You would be buying Adam to do a job straight away. It is completely different.

Red Dog
June 24th, 2011, 8:55 AM
I think it was Lagom!

Lagom
June 24th, 2011, 8:56 AM
a mere 4 years and with the same experience of the Premier League...?

please carry on..

Keano's Magic Hat
June 24th, 2011, 8:57 AM
In truth, the only real problem I have with the idea of United signing Adam is that he would probably be our single central midfield signing. He's a good player and would improve the squad, but his physical limitations, and the fact that he's a bit rotund, would serve him better at Liverpool where he's most likely to play as part of a central midfield 3.

Red Dog
June 24th, 2011, 9:01 AM
To be honest the same does apply to United to a certain extent but when you have just won the league you probably can expect better signings than Adam and not sound like you have delusions of grandour. Liverpool finished 6th which is about the standard Adam is I would say.

Red Dog
June 24th, 2011, 9:06 AM
a mere 4 years and with the same experience of the Premier League...?

please carry on..
Adam was nominated for the PFA player of the year last season by his fellow professionals.

Henderson wasnt even nominated for young player.

Adam (At the moment) is a better player. You dont want him because he is from Blackpool.

Lagom
June 24th, 2011, 9:06 AM
You're gonna need a brand new bag of sticks soon for all your pointless poking.

Read KMH's post back to yourself, then try again.

Then when you get it wrong again, read my post about MY problem with Adam coming in, and then try again.

Repeat until you're bored/right.

Red Dog
June 24th, 2011, 9:10 AM
You are making a massive assumption there that I read your posts.

Lagom
June 24th, 2011, 9:14 AM
And you're making a massive assump:zzz:

Red Dog
June 24th, 2011, 9:15 AM
Are you Scottish?

Lagom
June 24th, 2011, 9:18 AM
Are you retarded?

Lagom
June 24th, 2011, 9:18 AM
Or just ignorant and on a mission to bore?

Red Dog
June 24th, 2011, 9:19 AM
I'm asking you if you are Scottish (because you have a Scottish flag in your profile) why is that a difficult question to answer? :wtf:

Lagom
June 24th, 2011, 9:21 AM
Ohh, sorry, did you assume i read that post? I was simply replying for a second time to your message about me assuming you'd read my posts.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 24th, 2011, 9:23 AM
worst argument ever

Red Dog
June 24th, 2011, 9:23 AM
Fucking hell :lol:

Lagom
June 24th, 2011, 9:24 AM

Red Dog
June 24th, 2011, 9:26 AM
So with your Swedish username and Scottish flag - why do you support Liverpool?

RuneEdge
June 24th, 2011, 9:26 AM
FFS Cut it out.
I'm gonna side with Red Dog on this. Sure he has 4 years experience, but he's still 21. We paid 7m for a 20 year old Bebe FFS. I dont think anyone was expecting him to burst into the starting XI any time soon.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 24th, 2011, 9:27 AM
We didn't pay 7m for Bebe. Undisclosed fee.

Beefy
June 24th, 2011, 9:27 AM
Red Dog & Lagom, if you want to have a chat about where eachother are from and why you support your clubs do it elsewhere.

Lagom
June 24th, 2011, 9:28 AM
So with your Swedish username and Scottish flag - why do you support Liverpool?

Add to that my English mum, and all my time spent in Belgium and Germany, while now being in Oxford and it's all a terrible conundrum

RuneEdge
We didn't pay 7m for Bebe. Undisclosed fee.
Sure it was a undisclosed fee. But 7m was the number being thrown around.

Keano's Magic Hat
My 'source' at United tells me we paid both he and the Vitoria Nacional Homeless 11 in bottles of white lightning cider. Good deal, imo.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 24th, 2011, 9:29 AM
Sure it was a undisclosed fee. But 7m was the number being thrown around.

how would they know? these are the same people who ran with a story of John O'Shea earning 90k a week, for fuck sake.

Red Dog
Red Dog & Lagom, if you want to have a chat about where eachother are from and why you support your clubs do it elsewhere.

Add to that my English mum, and all my time spent in Belgium and Germany, while now being in Oxford and it's all a terrible conundrum
Have you not read Beefy's post above??!!

Fucking hell Lagom stop talking about it in here, no-one cares.

RuneEdge
My 'source' at United tells me we payed both he and the Vitoria Nacional Homeless 11 in bottles of white lightning cider. Good deal, imo.

I'd take the bottles over Bebe right now. :\

El Capitano Gatisto
June 24th, 2011, 9:31 AM
Shut the fuck up Red Dog you boring cunt. Just get back in your box.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 24th, 2011, 9:31 AM
I'd take the bottles over Bebe right now. :\

That's a bit harsh.

Red Dog
June 24th, 2011, 9:35 AM
Shut the fuck up Red Dog you boring cunt. Just get back in your box.
Sorry mate I just dislike certain teams because of who I support.

You are lucky you dont really have that problem so I can see why you dont understand.

RuneEdge
June 24th, 2011, 9:36 AM
That's a bit harsh.
If we were gonna keep him then I'd want to get behind him and hope he improved.
Based on the fact that he's been loaned out and probably not coming back (Besiktas can buy him at the end of next season), I'd say its fair considering the money we wasted on him.

Of course I'm going by the 7m figure here but that money could've been used on another promising youngster like Smalling, who cost us around that much too.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 24th, 2011, 9:37 AM
Read yesterday that United have a 12m buy back clause for Rossi and Ferguson would be interested in bringing him in if Berbatov goes. Surely bollocks, but I'd love it.

Andy
June 24th, 2011, 9:39 AM
Or you could use your buy-back option on Sylvain Ebanks-Blake

Keano's Magic Hat
June 24th, 2011, 9:40 AM
If we were gonna keep him then I'd want to get behind him and hope he improved.
Based on the fact that he's been loaned out and probably not coming back (Besiktas can buy him at the end of next season), I'd say its fair considering the money we wasted on him.

Of course I'm going by the 7m figure here but that money could've been used on another promising youngster like Smalling, who cost us around that much too.

The 7m figure, if it is indeed correct, would surely include loads of add ons that we'll never get round to paying. I very much doubt we've spent anything more than a couple of million on him. Fergie's a stubborn man, it's unlikely that he would write off a 7m player for such a loss after a single season.

Red Dog
June 24th, 2011, 9:40 AM
Has anyone ever used a "buy back" option?

I cant think of any examples to be honest.

Andy
June 24th, 2011, 9:41 AM
Real Madrid did it with Granero recently.

I think it's more common abroad.

Simon

Daniel Taylor is closer to United than probably any other journalist. He is basically The Guardian's Manchester United correspondent and always seems to be on the inside of things. Clearly trusted and respected at United, the only issue is whether he polishes stories up to make them more favourable to United in order to keep getting stories from them.

RuneEdge
YouTube - ‪Guiseppe Rossi‬‏

I used to like that little kid. I cant remember him doing much wrong even when he stepped up to the senior team. I guess our squad was just too big at the time.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 24th, 2011, 9:43 AM
Sorry mate I just dislike certain teams because of who I support.

You are lucky you dont really have that problem so I can see why you dont understand.

You're being a boring bastard as usual. You can't go too long without reverting to trying to be a smart-arse. Problem is you are thick as pigshit so it's just yawn-inducing to the extreme.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 24th, 2011, 9:44 AM
Read yesterday that United have a 12m buy back clause for Rossi and Ferguson would be interested in bringing him in if Berbatov goes. Surely bollocks, but I'd love it.

It was a first-refusal option reported at the time i.e. if Villareal accept a bid, they have to give United the option of matching it.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 24th, 2011, 9:45 AM
Rossi requested the transfer as he couldn't see himself breaking into the side with Ruud, Saha, Rooney and Ole all ahead of him in the squad. Fergie clearly rates him and Rossi has always been complimentary when talking about the club.

Watching him in the stiffs I was sure we had a world beater, I think he's definitely on the way to proving me right.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 24th, 2011, 9:46 AM
It was a first-refusal option reported at the time i.e. if Villareal accept a bid, they have to give United the option of matching it.

That's what I thought, too.

RuneEdge
June 24th, 2011, 9:46 AM
The 7m figure, if it is indeed correct, would surely include loads of add ons that we'll never get round to paying. I very much doubt we've spent anything more than a couple of million on him. Fergie's a stubborn man, it's unlikely that he would write off a 7m player for such a loss after a single season.

What I read in many places was that Carlos Quieroz recommended him and that we should sign him ASAP. He was available for free but Vitoria picked him up before we could get there. So we had to pay his 7m buyout clause that Vitoria had put into his 5 year contract. Easiest 7m Vitoria will ever make.

Simon
June 24th, 2011, 9:49 AM
Scott Carson has just moved to Bursaspor. Maybe we'll start seeing a trend of players moving to less fancied leagues now, what with Mancienne moving to Hamburg last week as well. Spurs have a few youth team kids out on loan in Sweden for a year apparently.

Red Dog
June 24th, 2011, 9:50 AM
Daniel Taylor is closer to United than probably any other journalist. He is basically The Guardian's Manchester United correspondent and always seems to be on the inside of things. Clearly trusted and respected at United, the only issue is whether he polishes stories up to make them more favourable to United in order to keep getting stories from them.
Yeah I am not disputing any of that. Just that he gets things wrong sometimes.

Simon
June 24th, 2011, 9:51 AM
Forlan to Spurs is a possibility apparently :happysad:

RuneEdge
June 24th, 2011, 9:51 AM
Scott Carson has just moved to Bursaspor. Maybe we'll start seeing a trend of players moving to less fancied leagues now, what with Mancienne moving to Hamburg last week as well. Spurs have a few youth team kids out on loan in Sweden for a year apparently.

We usually always have a kid somewhere in Belgium or something every year.

Red Dog
June 24th, 2011, 9:53 AM
You're being a boring bastard as usual. You can't go too long without reverting to trying to be a smart-arse. Problem is you are thick as pigshit so it's just yawn-inducing to the extreme.
And you cant go too long without reverting to dishing out vitriolic insults as soon as you get questioned on something you don't want to/can't answer - so I guess neither of us are exactly the King, are we.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 24th, 2011, 9:55 AM
And you cant go too long without reverting to dishing out vitriolic insults as soon as you get questioned on something you don't want to/can't answer - so I guess neither of us are exactly the King, are we.

I never do that. On the other hand, you are a helpless, laughable troll. And you are so ridiculously boring when you do it. That is what you need to understand - nothing you do is smart, it is just intensely tedious.

RuneEdge
June 24th, 2011, 9:56 AM
The king of what?

son_of_foley
June 24th, 2011, 9:56 AM

I dont know if the bunesliga is really that 'less fancied' if anything a move to Hamburg is a real step up from being on loan to wolves.

Buraspor I believe already have Kenny Miller and want Stephen Pearson

Alf
June 24th, 2011, 9:58 AM
Bundesliga is a cracking league.

Hamburg is a massive step up from Wolves.

Beefy

The Bundesliga is hardly a minor League. It's ranked third by UEFA and is the best supported football league in the World.

Simon
I dont know if the bunesliga is really that 'less fancied' if anything a move to Hamburg is a real step up from being on loan to wolves.

Buraspor I believe already have Kenny Miller and want Stephen Pearson

I would have thought that the English sense of superiority would mean that the only other leagues considered on a par with here are Spain and Italy. The fact that the German league is proveably better than the Italian league nowadays isn't that important. Either way they are good moves and hopefully point to a new trend.

Bluemoon
June 24th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Fuck a duck nothing is happening our way for transfers, no good itk on our sites. The best topic at the minute is the best SWP goals and if he should stay.

Beefy
June 24th, 2011, 10:00 AM
What's the latest on Tevez?

Simon
June 24th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Lips is one of those players that I completely forget exists for long periods of time. He must be 30 now?

RuneEdge
June 24th, 2011, 10:02 AM

His agent saying he could be staying now.

Simon
June 24th, 2011, 10:06 AM
From what the paper was saying yesterday, he's still "desperate to move to Italy", although not desperate enough to take any pay cut whatsoever from his obscene wages. He seems to be living in a dream world where if he wants to move to his exact preferred destination then it will happen, regardless of his demands.

Red Dog
June 24th, 2011, 10:10 AM
[QUOTE=El Capitano Gatisto;6732870]I never do that. QUOTE]
You did it in your last post to me. You know, when I touched on the 'you not really supporting anyone' thing that you went ballistic about last year.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 24th, 2011, 10:12 AM
From what the paper was saying yesterday, he's still "desperate to move to Italy", although not desperate enough to take any pay cut whatsoever from his obscene wages. He seems to be living in a dream world where if he wants to move to his exact preferred destination then it will happen, regardless of his demands.

It's not his wage demands that are the issue, Man City want 50 million for him.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 24th, 2011, 10:15 AM
You did it in your last post to me. You know, when I touched on the 'you not really supporting anyone' thing that you went ballistic about last year.

No, I quite clearly did not. You didn't ask me a question I couldn't or wouldn't answer, you absolute retard. I'm insulting you because you're a boring little creep.

Beefy
June 24th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Cappy & Red Dog, please drop it now.

Beefy
June 24th, 2011, 10:19 AM
No, I quite clearly did not. You didn't ask me a question I couldn't or wouldn't answer, you absolute retard. I'm insulting you because you're a boring little creep.

One report I read earlier in the week said it was both. Inter feel he's on too much money for them to fit into their wagebill now that FFP is on the cards.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7001450,00.html

Simon
June 24th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Beefy is moderating the fuck out of this place right now.

Beefy
June 24th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Twice a year I do something around here.

Bluemoon
June 24th, 2011, 10:27 AM

Not sure really, its all gone quiet.

Bluemoon
June 24th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Lips is one of those players that I completely forget exists for long periods of time. He must be 30 now?

30 in October.

He's still a good player and would do well for a top ten team. I love him to bits and want Roberto to play him more next season.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 24th, 2011, 1:42 PM
Sky Sports quoting the Palermo owner as saying that Rickey Alvarez individual has signed for Arsenal.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 24th, 2011, 1:49 PM
Nasri's replacement.

Hlebsfall
June 24th, 2011, 2:03 PM
He'll be shit. Arsenal don't have any luck with South Americans. Maybe Gilberto, but even he wasn't that great. I think the last Argie they had was Nelson Vivas, and what a sack of shit he was.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 24th, 2011, 2:04 PM
Hlebsfall, as optimistic as ever.

Hlebsfall
June 24th, 2011, 2:08 PM
It'll go one of two ways. He'll either be fucking crap, but will end up staying at Arsenal for years with no one to challenge him for a place, or he'll be half decent and Barcelona will buy him, where he will then proceed to be shit.

JIJ
June 24th, 2011, 3:21 PM
Do you even bother to cheer when Arsenal score?

Andy
June 24th, 2011, 3:23 PM
The Palermo owner is full of shit. He told one radio station that Arsenal were their competition for Alvarez then another that we'd signed him. He has a record of talking bollocks.

Samba is supposedly going to take a while, if it ever happens, due to confusion surrounding the sell-on clause. Let's just sign SOMEONE please. If Fabregas or Nasri leave before we sign someone the fans will go batshit mental.

JIJ
June 24th, 2011, 3:59 PM
I hate this "let's sign anyone" mentality it's so juvenile.

Andy
June 24th, 2011, 4:07 PM
I know you are but what am I you CUNT

1_Pablo_Angel
June 24th, 2011, 6:52 PM
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Liverpool-target-Stewart-Downing-set-to-hand-in-Aston-Villa-transfer-request-to-force-through-Reds-move-article752260.html

If this happens I will fucking kill him. The pathetic cowardly arsehole owes us.

JIJ
June 24th, 2011, 7:01 PM
Owes you how?

Lagom
June 24th, 2011, 7:04 PM
Yeah, that cunt Aquilani better come back and give us a full season, because he owes us.... :rolleyes:

1_Pablo_Angel
June 24th, 2011, 7:10 PM
We paid over 10mil for him when he had a broken leg, which wouldn't heal for over 6 months.

He had no other move to the Prem on the cards.

We bought him, played him through his rehibilitation, had 6 SHIT months from him, followed by a decent 12. Which, incidentally, got him back in the England side.

And now the cunt fancies forcing a transfer after 1 decent year and another 2 remaining on his contract? Any genuine fan would see how he owes us. Keep on trolling though JIJ!

JIJ
June 24th, 2011, 7:14 PM
He owes you nothing. Villa wanted to buy him because they thought it would be in the clubs best interest. Clubs are just as selfish as players.

1_Pablo_Angel
June 24th, 2011, 7:17 PM

Good job we hold the cards then.

As Mcleish said, nothing less than 50m will make us sell. He doesn't like it, let him rot in the reserves :yes: Cowardly little shit of a man anyway.

JIJ
June 24th, 2011, 7:21 PM
You are ridiculous if you truly believe what you have just said.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 24th, 2011, 7:22 PM
20m for Downing would be superb business for Villa. He's a good mid-table, Premier League player and no more.

1_Pablo_Angel
June 24th, 2011, 7:30 PM
You are ridiculous if you truly believe what you have just said.

Here's what should happen. Downing should go to Mcleish/Lerner and say -

'Hey boss, I quite fancy a move. Any chance a huge offer would allow me to leave?

They reply with:

'well maybe 30m+ Stuart, but after appointing the ex blueshite boss and selling Ashley we can't very well let our fans player of the year go now can we! Especially after we paid you nearly 3m in a single year for being injured!'

'OK Randy, thanks, I'll get my head down and play my heart out, maybe next year I'll get a move AND make you some money into the bargain?'

'Good lad Stuart, keep banging in those massively overhit crosses with that wand of a left foot I keep hearing about (but never seeing) and who knows.'

1_Pablo_Angel
June 24th, 2011, 7:32 PM
By your logic JIJ everyone that hires anyone to do a job should be owed no loyalty whatsoever. Afterall, they did it for themselves really!

My current boss took me on when few would, paid me more than any others would, and has basically given me a sound career. Is it wrong that despite having offers to move on, I've stuck with the guy? By your logic he's a selfish fuck and I owe him bugger all. Lovely attitude, are you Gideon in disguise?

Keano's Magic Hat
June 24th, 2011, 7:34 PM
I am glad that 1PA is loyal.

I am also loyal.

This could be the start of a wonderful friendship.

In other news:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2007921/Charlie-Adam-close-agreeing-8m-Liverpool.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Liverpool are hoping to conclude an 8million deal for Blackpool midfielder Charlie Adam over the weekend.
Anfield director of football Damien Comolli and Blackpool chairman Karl Oyston have already held tentative talks but hope further negotiations can finalise one of the most protracted deals in recent Premier League history.

The clubs are still some way apart on valuation, with Blackpool optimistically banking on 10m for a player who has one year left on his contract. Their position could be strengthened if Aston Villa manager Alex McLeish steps into the battle, while Blackburn's Steve Kean also maintains an interest.
Liverpool are more likely to open the bidding at about 6.5m, which they still believe is a fair valuation for the Scotland international.

New arrival: Liverpool have already signed Sunderland and England Under 21 midfielder Jordan Henderson this summer
Tottenham, who made a move for 25-year-old Adam in January, are holding back as they consider other options and do not want to encourage further bidding for Luka Modric.
Liverpool have already paid 16m for Jordan Henderson from Sunderland but still have four other deals pending - Adam, Ipswich striker Connor Wickham, Arsenal left back Gael Clichy and Aston Villa winger Stewart Downing.
They were prepared to pay 8m for Adam in January but Blackpool wanted 12m for their talismanic midfielder. Oyston had hoped his resolve to keep Adam would pay off as Blackpool looked to stave off relegation, however, his goals and performances failed to save them as they went down on the last day of the season at Manchester United.
Liverpool could turn to Sochaux's Ryad Boudebouz, 21, should they fail to strike a deal but hope negotiations can prove easier this time round.
McLeish knows Adam well from their time together at Rangers and the Villa boss need to add bodies to his midfield Ashley Young's move to Manchester United and uncertainty about whether Nigel Reo-Coker wants to re-sign. They have the funds to compete but know Adam's preference is for Anfield.
Meanwhile, Alberto Aquilani will rejoin Liverpool after failing to attract suitors in Italy. The former Roma playmaker enjoyed a successful season-long loan with Juventus last term but the Serie A side's new coach Antonio Conte refused the option of signing him permanently.
Franco Zavaglia, the 26-year-old's agent, said: 'Aquilani is going back to Liverpool.'

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln6s0fgd0Y1qg21tn.gif

Simon
June 24th, 2011, 7:34 PM
He owes you nothing. Loyalty works both ways and if he had a shit season you'd want him sold.

1_Pablo_Angel
June 24th, 2011, 7:37 PM
He did. The club stuck with.

1_Pablo_Angel
June 24th, 2011, 7:38 PM
He fucking owes the security of a long term contract which we gave him. You TWAT. He could have been as shit as he wanted, we'd still be forced to pay him 50k a week for 3 1/2 years.

That is a commitment from us to him that was also a gamble on his fitness. He owes us for making that commitment.

Maybe nobody should owe anyone anything ever? You daft anarchist wanker.

Beefy
June 24th, 2011, 7:43 PM
You been on the beers, 1PA?

1_Pablo_Angel
June 24th, 2011, 7:44 PM
How dare you.

RuneEdge
June 24th, 2011, 7:48 PM
He's had a shit week. Leave him alone.

Beefy
June 24th, 2011, 7:53 PM
Just asking!

1_Pablo_Angel
June 24th, 2011, 7:55 PM
I haven't not been drinking. But my thoughts on Downing are consistent.

1_Pablo_Angel
June 24th, 2011, 7:58 PM
Frankly I'm still fuming that my Bremen/Hamburg thread didn't get a single reply :grumpy:

Simon
June 24th, 2011, 8:00 PM
This time last year you'd have been happy to sell Downing for what you paid if you could find a club that would take him. Now he has one good season and he owes you :lol:

1_Pablo_Angel
June 24th, 2011, 8:04 PM
Correct. A contract is a 2 way street. We couldn't have forced him to move, he shouldn't be able to force a move either.

We committed to paying him way, way more than anyone else, and give him exposure at a higher level than anyone else. For the length of the contract he signed. We could offer him out, but if he wanted to stay and fight for his place on the money we signed him on that would be his right.

As it is our right to keep him on said money for the length of said contract should we so wish. I think he owes us because we gave him a platform he couldn't have got anywhere else, on money he couldn't have got anywhere else, given his circumstances. We also (as a club) stood by him after he was shite for the best part of 9 months. How do you fail to see the argument that this should engender a bit of reciprocal loyalty?

MichaelC
June 24th, 2011, 8:31 PM
Frankly I'm still fuming that my Bremen/Hamburg thread didn't get a single reply :grumpy:

Because I am nice I have got the ball rolling on that thread. Reply wise, not help wise.

I'll have to remember "daft anarchist wanker" for future use. Great set insult.

Andy
June 24th, 2011, 8:48 PM
Look at Beefy accusing 1PA and giving me an infraction. Wanker. :mad:

Second City Saint
June 24th, 2011, 9:31 PM
Make it two Beefy.

Simon
June 25th, 2011, 8:45 AM
The blind auction has officially given Emiliano Viviano to Inter, Gaetano D’Agostino to Udinese and Albin Ekdal to Juventus.

The deadline for resolving co-ownership deals was last night, so for players still unclear on their futures there was a ‘blind auction’: both clubs place a figure into a sealed envelope and the highest bid wins.

The biggest name up for grabs was Italy goalkeeper Viviano, but in an astounding twist, Inter won by default.

Bologna director general Stefano Pedrelli made a huge mistake in filling out the forms, writing on both the wrong side of the paperwork and putting in the wrong figure.

If he had not made this error, the Rossoblu would’ve won the auction, but as it stands Inter now fully own Viviano by paying €4.1m for the remaining 50 per cent of his contract.

There were other players involved in the blind auction this morning, as Udinese bought D’Agostino out from Fiorentina.

Juventus took midfielder Ekdal in their tussle with Bologna, returning him to his original club.

:lol:

Keano's Magic Hat
June 25th, 2011, 8:50 AM
:D This co-ownership thing has always struck me as somewhat mental

in other news: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_7004272,00.html

"I am aware that Manchester United and Celtic agreed for a meeting in July," said Izaguirre in Honduras. "We have to see what happens if I stay or I go.

Simon
June 25th, 2011, 9:59 AM
Italian sources are saying Aguero has agreed a move to Juve. Atletico have already signed his replacement, Adrian Lopez (the top scorer in the ongoing U21 championships) from Deportivo.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 25th, 2011, 10:07 AM
I can't see Aguero joining Juve. Even if the story is true, I expect Real Madrid to come in with a late bid.

Simon
June 25th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Gab Marcotti reckons Atletico have let the news out to push other bidders into action, including...Spurs :happysad:

El Capitano Gatisto
June 25th, 2011, 10:20 AM
I can't see Aguero joining Juve. Even if the story is true, I expect Real Madrid to come in with a late bid.

There's been talk of them being in for Neymar, they can't sign both.

Alf
June 25th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Surely they'd rather have someone proven in La Liga?

JIJ
June 25th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Neymar won the Libertadores the other night then was involved in a huge brawl afterwards. He's a pussy

Simon
June 25th, 2011, 10:38 AM
The Tottenham/Aguero thing was just a confusing wording.

To clarify on Aguero. When I said "Spurs other bidders into action" I'm saying other bidders could emerge. Not saying THFC will bid.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 25th, 2011, 10:38 AM
ahhahaha

Simon
June 25th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Vucinic has confirmed he wants to leave Roma.

Simon
June 25th, 2011, 10:44 AM
His agent:

Even though Blackburn are very respectable, I think that Mirko deserves a much bigger club.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 25th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Arsenal were interested a while ago, apparently

Keano's Magic Hat
June 25th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Reports suggesting that Arsenal will complete three transfers next week; Alvarez, Gervinho and Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Rosicky and Arshavin on the way out I'd suspect. Perhaps Nasri, though it's being rumoured that he'll finally sign a new deal.

Simon
June 25th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Just what they need - three more inexperienced, lightweight attacking midfielders.

son_of_foley
June 25th, 2011, 11:09 AM
if it means removing arshavin and rossicky then yeah they could do with them.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 25th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Yup, perhaps they should replace Arshavin and Rosicky with an experienced centre back :rolleyes:

Keano's Magic Hat
June 25th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Speaking of centre backs, according to the Guardian, Arsenal aren't interested in Cahill at all, and are hoping to get Jagielka.

Simon
June 25th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Would be a great signing. Cheaper and more experienced than Cahill, plus better.

Andy
June 25th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Just what we need, another small centre back.

JIJ
June 25th, 2011, 1:42 PM
Thought you wanted to sign anyone?

Andy
June 25th, 2011, 1:44 PM
Oh yeah, fuck it let's sign Jagielka then.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 26th, 2011, 8:46 AM
Ryan Tunnicliffe to Peterborough on a 6 month loan. Nothing beats a bit of nepotism.

Winkle van Tinkle
June 26th, 2011, 8:52 AM
I'd take Jagielka to be fair.

Fuck it, lets get Cannavaro in as he's on a free, and still 8 times the player that Squillaci is.

Lagom
June 26th, 2011, 9:00 AM
Ryan Tunnicliffe to Peterborough on a 6 month loan. Nothing beats a bit of nepotism.

At least it's not Berbatov...

MMH
June 26th, 2011, 9:44 AM
Just what we need, another small centre back.

He is 6 foot, good in the air anyway and has a bit of pace about him. What not to like?

Bad Collin
June 26th, 2011, 9:48 AM
He is Toffee apple scum?

The Rosk
June 26th, 2011, 10:47 AM
I really hope the rumours about us going for Jimmy for 14million come true. I'd cry for years. I love him so much.

Simon
June 26th, 2011, 11:18 AM
I was just about to come in here and mention the same rumour, apparently it's a go-er if City manage to get Sanchez.

Malaga have signed Van Nistelrooy, Monreal, Buonanotte and now Joaquin :eek:

McBain
June 26th, 2011, 11:47 AM
I would have a wank in honour of a returning Blockhead Milner.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 26th, 2011, 5:23 PM
United have offered 15m for Thiago Alcantara according to Alan Nixon from the Mirror.. the fella who first broke the Phil Jones, Gabriel Heinze, Cristiano Ronaldo and Ashley Young stories IIRC. Back page of the Mirror tomorrow, only stumbling block is Barcelona wanting a buy back clause, something United won't give them.

Andy
June 26th, 2011, 5:45 PM
Seems a lot considering they're supposedly offering him to Arsenal, Udinese and probably Villarreal as a makeweight.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 26th, 2011, 5:50 PM
Yup, there was talk of Bolton offering 7m a couple of days ago. United are supposedly offering straight cash with no add-ons, though, and the fact that the figure is so odd probably adds credence to the story. As I said, Nixon is spot on 95% of the time in regards to United.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 26th, 2011, 6:26 PM
Seems a lot considering they're supposedly offering him to Arsenal, Udinese and probably Villarreal as a makeweight.

Thiago hasn't been offered as a makeweight according to any reports I have seen. The issue is if they sign Fabregas, there won't be a place for Thiago in the squad plus they need the transfer funds.

Andy
June 26th, 2011, 6:33 PM
A lot of the papers reckon Arsenal have been offered Thiago as a makeweight. I'm sure I heard the same about him to Udinese but I could be wrong.

In other news, Spanish TV news are reporting we've bid 18m for Mata.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 26th, 2011, 6:37 PM
Jeffren and a couple of other minor players have been offered to Udinese. Thiago is really highly rated indeed, he may have been offered to Arsenal but, like I said, that's because if Barca get Fabregas there is no place for Thiago. He was supposed to be very put out by Barca signing Afellay just as he was coming into the first team.

Bad Collin
June 27th, 2011, 3:52 AM
Another from my 'this better be bollocks' series: http://www.football365.com/transfer-gossip/7005681/Meireles-Out-Lennon-In-At-Liverpool...-

I really hope we are not treating our best player from last season so shabbily.

MACE
June 27th, 2011, 5:31 AM
Was there a buy-back clause with Pique?

Lagom
June 27th, 2011, 5:46 AM
Another from my 'this better be bollocks' series: http://www.football365.com/transfer-gossip/7005681/Meireles-Out-Lennon-In-At-Liverpool...-

I really hope we are not treating our best player from last season so shabbily.

I thiink you may be forgetting someone :)

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01856/lucas_1856867c.jpg

Bad Collin
June 27th, 2011, 5:49 AM
He wasn't in our top five best players last season:

1. Super Raul
2. Pepe
3. Suarez
4. Dirk
5. Skrtel

Lagom
June 27th, 2011, 7:02 AM
Arf, you're alright, but you are mental. Lucas was consistently great. Suarez got half a season, Mereiles had a slooooow start, and Skrtel still looks very wobbly at times. Can't disagree with Kuyt, but Lucas is right up there

Simon
June 27th, 2011, 7:05 AM
BC's vendetta against Lucas is very boring now, it's evident to anyone who isn't a complete fuckwit that he had a good season and became an important player for Liverpool. You're either being disingenuous or simply don't know what you're talking about.

JIJ
June 27th, 2011, 7:08 AM
He's playing up to some sort of gimmick he thinks he's created for himself

Simon
June 27th, 2011, 7:16 AM
I suspect you might be right, not that you of all people can judge anyone for that.

JIJ
June 27th, 2011, 7:18 AM
I do it with penash

Simon
June 27th, 2011, 7:19 AM
Panache*

Simon
June 27th, 2011, 7:20 AM
That's my gimmick. I'm a grammar nazi.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 27th, 2011, 7:22 AM
Maybe he just doesn't rate him? I guess I should go with the consensus and talk about Tevez being an elite player, as having my own opinion is clearly a gimmick in the eyes of the 'forum police'.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 27th, 2011, 7:28 AM
If the Juan Mata to Arsenal story is true, then the Arsenal fans should be very excited indeed. First, because it shows a change in their transfer policy, and most importantly, he's the exact kind of player who can go into the Arsenal side and be a success right away. He's tailor-made for the way in which Arsenal play.

Quality footballer.

Andy
June 27th, 2011, 7:37 AM
Everyone's transfer policy is going to change after this year.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 27th, 2011, 7:38 AM
ha, fair point.. just hope Beefy doesn't read that!

Bad Collin
June 27th, 2011, 7:54 AM
I genuinely don't buy into the Lucas hype. He is very disclipined but his distribution is poor over more than five yards.

Lets just agree to disagree on this one.

Simon
June 27th, 2011, 8:56 AM
Maybe he just doesn't rate him? I guess I should go with the consensus and talk about Tevez being an elite player, as having my own opinion is clearly a gimmick in the eyes of the 'forum police'.

You can argue the toss over whether Tevez is a world-class player, sure, it's not a cut-and-dried issue and depends on your definition of world-class. If you were still insisting that Tevez was crap, as BC has done about Collin, then it would be fair to dismiss you as either an idiot or a fraud, because the evidence so clearly refutes that. Lucas has been an obvious success this season - you can argue that it's subjective and so can't be proved one way or another, but that technicality aside it is beyond doubt that Lucas did well last year.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 27th, 2011, 9:05 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13928823.stm

Hopefully this one is over soon.

son_of_foley
June 27th, 2011, 9:08 AM
I hope he goes. Might kick off a proper rebuilding of the squad

Simon
June 27th, 2011, 9:17 AM
Yaaaaaaaay.

Lagom
June 27th, 2011, 9:22 AM
Is it true that Bale's said if Modric leaves then he's off as well? I can see where he's coming from, and i would probably do the same, but it's far from his decision to make, surely?

Keano's Magic Hat
June 27th, 2011, 9:22 AM
sounds like nonsense

Simon
June 27th, 2011, 9:25 AM
Load of bollocks. However a couple of people have said that Modric has threatened to throw his toys out of the pram if he isn't allowed to leave, will go on strike etc. Doesn't seem like his style but who knows nowadays.

Andy
June 27th, 2011, 9:33 AM
That article doesn't say anything we don't already know. We will sell him if the right offer comes in, that's been the case all summer. If Barca continue to claim he's worth less than he was last year and making bids of 27m the saga will go on and on.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 27th, 2011, 10:00 AM
De Gea having his medical

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2008637/David-De-Gea-set-seal-Manchester-United-move.html

:cool:

just waiting for Fergie to come out following this transfer to tell us there will be no more players coming in :(

Keano's Magic Hat
June 27th, 2011, 10:01 AM
state of them cunts trying to cover him with a blanket :D

Lagom
June 27th, 2011, 10:11 AM
I feel like this season will be a very interesting 2 horse race between United and Chelsea.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 27th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Why? I genuinely don't believe we've improved the first time at all up to now, despite spending 50m.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 27th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Jones will probably be an immense signing, but he wont be a regular next season.

Ashley Young gives us more options but isn't as good as Nani or Valencia.

It's unrealistic to expect De Gea, in his first season, to come in and be as good as Van Der Sar has been.

Top central midfielder will change everything, though.

Lagom
June 27th, 2011, 10:26 AM
We all know how well Ferguson drills defensive stability into his teams, and now, with Jones and Smalling as top quality back-up to Ferdinand and Vidic, De Gea in goal, you're pretty much set the for a good few years to come. Jones can also play in midfield, providing the steel to Cleverley/whoever plays there next season's creativity. Add to that the most exciting young striker in the league, and Wayne Rooney, you've got a very solid base there.

If AV-B gets Chelsea playing quick, attacking football, with the players he has at his disposal, and the additions that are surely to follow, I think they'll win the league.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 27th, 2011, 10:26 AM
story gathering pace is that the blanket isn't there to hide De Gea at all, but Lionel Messi

:hyper: :D

Lagom
June 27th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Aha, that would be ridiculous. Would you play a 5-5?

Keano's Magic Hat
June 27th, 2011, 10:30 AM
i made that story up, btw

how incredibly low-tech is that, though? :D "You alright, Daveed? Welcome to Manchester United, now get behind this sheet so we can hide you from the press that have known about this story for months because WE announced it" :confused:

Lagom
June 27th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Ahh, i should have known that, because you didn't follow the guideline where we need to post sources for rumours now... Silly me

Keano's Magic Hat
June 27th, 2011, 10:35 AM
You should have known that because the idea of Messi having a medical at Manchester United is fucking ridiculous

RuneEdge
June 27th, 2011, 10:37 AM
We should loan Kaka. :yes:

Keano's Magic Hat
June 27th, 2011, 10:37 AM
I disagree.

Lagom
June 27th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Let's rewind about 5 months, Andy Carroll was having a medical for a 35m move to Liverpool. Now which of those scenarios is more ridiculous?

Keano's Magic Hat
June 27th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Messi to Manchester United, undoubtedly. He's the best player in the world playing for the best team in the world, it would cost 200m and he wouldn't want to leave Barcelona anyway.

Carroll to Liverpool is only surprising because the fee was mental.

turdpower
June 27th, 2011, 10:46 AM
i made that story up, btw

how incredibly low-tech is that, though? :D "You alright, Daveed? Welcome to Manchester United, now get behind this sheet so we can hide you from the press that have known about this story for months because WE announced it" :confused:

It looks like it was done on purpose it show it happening.

turdpower
June 27th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Aha, that would be ridiculous. Would you play a 5-5?

FACEPALM.

Simon
June 27th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Maybe they weren't hiding De Gea from the press, but hiding Obertan's big fucking head from De Gea. If I turned up and was confronted with that monstrosity I wouldn't sign.

Lagom
June 27th, 2011, 10:52 AM
FACEPALM.

Yep, I actually though they'd field a 5-5 formation...

son_of_foley
June 27th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Lagon was it you who was talking up a 5-5 formation recently

Lagom
June 27th, 2011, 10:58 AM
A different variation, yeah

Keano's Magic Hat
June 27th, 2011, 11:01 AM
ahhaha, lagom is having a mare

Lagom
June 27th, 2011, 11:14 AM
I've been suitably embarrassed here. I can't even think of a funny to deflect attention onto someone else. Beefy, can you come and permaban me please? I know you're watching.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 27th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Good riddance. Get a move on, beefy.

Beefy
June 27th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Done.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 27th, 2011, 11:23 AM
ahaha

Red Dog
June 27th, 2011, 11:26 AM
I suddenly feel quite vindicated in calling it that Lagom was a fucking idiot the other day :D

Keano's Magic Hat
June 27th, 2011, 11:46 AM
'BEFFY is mean' lurking this thread. Now posting from a sock account? Does lagom's depravity know no bounds? Scum.

Simon
June 27th, 2011, 11:52 AM
What the hecky na has gone on here.

Lagom
June 27th, 2011, 12:05 PM
I suddenly feel quite vindicated in calling it that Lagom was a fucking idiot the other day :D

I wish we had 'hellbanning' :zzz:

terrifyingly boring loon.

Red Dog
June 27th, 2011, 12:08 PM
I'd rather you think I was boring than be an actual spastic who believed that Messi was signing for Man Utd. :lol: