PDA

View Full Version : The Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

Keano's Magic Hat
June 16th, 2011, 2:51 PM
It's Lord Ferguson of Govan to you..

..and he would annihilate Dalglish, no question about that.

Bad Collin
June 16th, 2011, 2:52 PM
King Kenny would wipe that old cunt out.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 16th, 2011, 2:56 PM
Don't be ridiculous. Lord Fergie is a man in fantastic shape, who has considerable fighting experience. Dalglish is the geriatric, sour-faced, unintelligible king of the poofters.

Fergie in three rounds.

Beefy
June 16th, 2011, 3:05 PM
You've got to respect Ferguson. 25 years in England and over all of that time only one Club has got the better of him. Phenomenal record.

Bad Collin
June 16th, 2011, 3:06 PM
Fergie is a weak old sot. Kenny has been through too much to lose to that cunt. Fergie wouldn't last the first round.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 16th, 2011, 3:32 PM
You've got to respect Ferguson. 25 years in England and over all of that time only one Club has got the better of him. Phenomenal record.

Who is the one club?

I swear, it best not be Southend and their flukey 1-0 against our reserves :D

Keano's Magic Hat
June 16th, 2011, 3:36 PM
Fergie is a weak old sot. Kenny has been through too much to lose to that cunt. Fergie wouldn't last the first round.

Fergie, as a player manager, subbed himself on just to elbow the opposition's toughest player in the face. This is true.

Also, he holds an impressive knock out record.. his crowning knock out being Liverpool, right off their fucking perch.

What has Dalglish done?

Fergie would kill him with a single strike.

Gary J
June 16th, 2011, 3:39 PM
Fergie has dropped Dalglish once as well just before Mexico 86. It was so bad Kenny had to stay at home and rest for the summer.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 16th, 2011, 3:41 PM
ahahha, Gary J!

Bad Collin
June 16th, 2011, 3:54 PM
Ahahah, bollocks!

Beefy
June 16th, 2011, 4:07 PM
Who is the one club?

I swear, it best not be Southend and their flukey 1-0 against our reserves :D

Reserves? 10 internationals, my friend.

We weren't full strength either.... Lewis Hunt went off injured early, don't forget.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 16th, 2011, 4:12 PM
:D Only club in England with a 100% win record against Manchester United :ashamed:

In other news: Galatasaray To Sign Diego Forlan, Jose Antonio Reyes, Tomas Ujfalusi

http://www.breakingglobalnews.com/galatasaray-to-sign-diego-forlan-jose-antonio-reyes-tomas-ujfalusi/12216761

Keano's Magic Hat
June 16th, 2011, 4:14 PM
Clearly pulling out all the stops to compete with the might of Besiktas and their acquisition of Bebe

Keano's Magic Hat
June 16th, 2011, 4:51 PM
Eamon Dunphy (apparently :rolleyes:) on twitter:

Some big news to come out of Old Trafford in the next 24-48 hours.

I am not sure who exactly it is myself. A friend of mine told me to expect big news and he is connected to the club very well.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 16th, 2011, 4:57 PM
Forlan is quoted on BBC as saying de Gea has been asking him about United and is eager to move there. No wonder Atletico fans hate him.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 16th, 2011, 5:02 PM
:D

"I told him that Manchester United is a great place to experience as a player and that I had a great time there," he added.

"The manager and staff are fantastic and the fans were always very supportive of me, even when I wasn't scoring. I made some good friends there and settled in well. Maybe the weather wasn't always what I wanted, but I had a great experience.

"David really wants to go to United, there's no question about that. He wants the challenge and he wants the experience. United is one of the biggest clubs in the world and not many players get the chance to play there."

-----

fair play to Diego, he was absolutely fucking shite for United but doesn't come across as bitter about his time here. Just wasn't good enough.

JIJ
June 16th, 2011, 5:06 PM
Fergie didn't know how to use him

Keano's Magic Hat
June 16th, 2011, 5:16 PM
I'm sure he did, Forlan went on a couple of great runs of form and then would be shit again when rotated and left out of the side. He needed to play regularly, and during our one up front days it was a straight choice between him and Ruud. Who would you have in your side?

Also, he has a shit first touch, is erratic in front of goal and is easily shrugged off the ball.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 16th, 2011, 5:29 PM
aha, reading Dunphy's twitter has reminded me of this old classic

YouTube - ‪Eamonn Dunphy rant‬‏

Gets real good at about 8:40 - Mik, don't watch this, your Quinny takes a bit of a beating :D Fucking loved Dunphy's mad attempts at defending Keane when he was getting slammed by the media. He and Paddy Crerand were a two man wrecking crew :cool:

Simon
June 16th, 2011, 5:43 PM
REALITY IS KAKA

Simon
There was an ITK today saying we are back in for Adam. If we sell Modric and replace him with Adam I'm going to rape everybody in the world.

JIJ
I'm sure he did, Forlan went on a couple of great runs of form and then would be shit again when rotated and left out of the side. He needed to play regularly, and during our one up front days it was a straight choice between him and Ruud. Who would you have in your side?

Also, he has a shit first touch, is erratic in front of goal and is easily shrugged off the ball.

Diego.

Not even a close call

Mik
June 16th, 2011, 5:51 PM
aha, reading Dunphy's twitter has reminded me of this old classic

YouTube - ‪Eamonn Dunphy rant‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Prep4trYNj4&feature=player_embedded)

Gets real good at about 8:40 - Mik, don't watch this, your Quinny takes a bit of a beating :D Fucking loved Dunphy's mad attempts at defending Keane when he was getting slammed by the media. He and Paddy Crerand were a two man wrecking crew :cool:

Dunphy is as senile retard.

Simon
June 16th, 2011, 6:22 PM
Sid Lowe reckons Juan Mata is almost certain to leave Valencia this summer. That would be a great signing for any number of CL clubs.

RuneEdge
June 16th, 2011, 6:28 PM
We could do with a winger.

Grimario
June 16th, 2011, 8:14 PM
Leeds are trying to resign Alan Smith and Jonathan Woodgate apparently. Bowyer has been released as well :chin: and I reckon Kewell would jump at the chance to move back to England :D

Kewell is apparently already in talks with QPR, half of the A-League clubs, some oil barons in Qatar and teams from the MLS. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if he goes back to England but here is hoping that his best mate Michael Bridges can convince him that the A-League is an option and he signs with Newcastle (not the shit english club) instead :yes:

Bad Collin
June 17th, 2011, 6:24 AM
Asked about his future by La FM, he said: "I do not know what to say, I can say that I am very close to Liverpool.

"At the end of the Copa America, we will see what happens with my future.

"I have gained experience, but the time has come for me to make the jump to a big team."

Zapata, who has been with Udinese for four years, plays in central defence but is also capable of playing in either full-back position.

A previous target of Arsenal, Zapata currently has two years left on his contract at the Stade Friuli.

Anyone seen him play? It's promising that we are after a non centre mid at least.

Ringo
June 17th, 2011, 7:25 AM
I've seen him play on Football Manager and he was excellent. :yes:

UK Blue
June 17th, 2011, 7:45 AM
It'd be a bit gay if Udinese lose all their best players after just qualifying for the CL.

Winkle van Tinkle
June 17th, 2011, 8:57 AM
"Reports in France say Jeremy Toulalan is a Malaga player for €10m + add on's. He gets a four year deal joining from Lyon."

Malaga are going all out.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 17th, 2011, 9:07 AM
Arsenal are in for Barton

TraXX
June 17th, 2011, 11:17 AM
I've heard we've signed Richie De Laet on loan from you, KMH. Do you rate him? He's mainly a centre back, is he not?

UK Blue
June 17th, 2011, 11:30 AM
He played right-back for us in the second half of last year and was pretty much our best player. Didn't have one bad game. Amazingly consistent, comfortable on the ball and great defensively. Doesn't do a huge amount going forward but he can play anywhere across the back. Really good signing :yes:

TraXX
June 17th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Great stuff. Was a bit worried that we didn't have ample cover for the Norfolk Cafu, but if De Laet can play there as well then I'm happy with that. Cheers Blue. :yes:

Keano's Magic Hat
June 17th, 2011, 11:38 AM
good player, never a centre back, comfortable at either left or right fullback.

Ringo
June 17th, 2011, 4:35 PM
Rumblings on Twitter about Sanchez to City. 34m/5 year contract. Just the usual "sources" who get as much wrong as they get right by the sound of it, but we'll see.

Simon
June 17th, 2011, 6:20 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2004862/Luka-Modric-exclusive-I-want-join-Chelsea.html

:(

Mik
June 17th, 2011, 6:27 PM
I'm sorry mate. I know that it hurts.

Simon
June 17th, 2011, 6:28 PM
I bloody love Luka. Way more than Berba and our other great players over the years. What a load of old shit.

Keano's Magic Hat
Ahh, there goes another one.

El Capitano Gatisto
It's like I said a couple of weeks ago, he'd be loyal until a concrete offer comes in. It was inevitable. Spurs blew it last year by not strengthening the team when they had their biggest success. That was the time to build on it.

Simon
June 17th, 2011, 6:30 PM
Yep. Ridiculous fuck up by us, still though I thought we would be able to keep him for another year. Hopefully we still can. Or the quotes are bollocks. Or any other thing that might let us keep him.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 17th, 2011, 6:32 PM
Modric wants to stay in London, Nasri's signing a new contract, unwilling to match Sneijder's wages.. I'm beginning to think we'll actually go into next season with a weaker midfield than we had this year.

Not too fucked off with the Sanchez nonsense, as we're covered on the wings, and I'd hate to see Nani leave, but fucking hell, Modric is EXACTLY the player we need. The player Fergie called the best in England last season, and a fantastic footballer. Chelsea can go fuck themselves.. I hope that Jew Levy powebombs the cum goateed' Russian and shoves the official bid up his arsehole

JIJ
June 17th, 2011, 6:57 PM
I've had a 50 quid bet with a mate at work that United will drop out the top two next season.

He should pay up now

RuneEdge
June 17th, 2011, 7:31 PM
If we can get away with playing Carrick and Fletcher in defence then we can get through anything. We'll be fine.
Players like Rooney and Giggs can play in more advanced midfield roles.

EDIT
Just remembered we lost that game, didnt we? Yeah, we're fucked.

JIJ
June 17th, 2011, 7:31 PM
Chelsea and City will be too strong

1_Pablo_Angel
June 17th, 2011, 7:59 PM
Modric wants to stay in London, Nasri's signing a new contract, unwilling to match Sneijder's wages.. I'm beginning to think we'll actually go into next season with a weaker midfield than we had this year.

Not too fucked off with the Sanchez nonsense, as we're covered on the wings, and I'd hate to see Nani leave, but fucking hell, Modric is EXACTLY the player we need. The player Fergie called the best in England last season, and a fantastic footballer. Chelsea can go fuck themselves.. I hope that Jew Levy powebombs the cum goateed' Russian and shoves the official bid up his arsehole

Just play Ash in the middle, he's really good there honest!

Keano's Magic Hat
June 17th, 2011, 7:59 PM
Chelsea and City will be too strong

Of course they will, like they were last year :rolleyes:

Remind me, who have City and Chelsea signed thus far?

1_Pablo_Angel
June 18th, 2011, 1:17 AM
Bloody nice of Modric 'not to be disrespectful enough to ask for a transfer'. After giving a public interview saying he wants to leave.

Footballers...

RFF Champ
June 18th, 2011, 3:37 AM
What great news to wake up to. We've signed Sylvain Marveaux.

Still a lot of negativity around about how this means Jonas is off, how we're not spending any money but I trust our scouting network and medical team. We need a winger if Barton is off and we never replaced Routledge, hopefully we still get another winger in too.

RFF Champ
June 18th, 2011, 3:38 AM
Double post.

Bad Collin
June 18th, 2011, 3:43 AM
Apaz he failed a medical at Liverpool.

RFF Champ
June 18th, 2011, 3:47 AM
He has denied that this morning and said he was 'disgusted' with such claims, he just couldn't agree terms with you. His injury record looks bad and we've given him a five year contract but I can't imagine we'd do that unless we were certain he isn't going to be injured and shit.

StevieV
June 18th, 2011, 4:05 AM
I might injure Modric so he fails any chelsea medical but is somehow still fit to start for spurs once the window closes... Any wounding suggestions anyone?

1_Pablo_Angel
June 18th, 2011, 4:26 AM
Cut off his head.

Lazurus
June 18th, 2011, 4:29 AM
Modric is overrated and a bit shit anyway. If we can make any kind of profit on him I'll be happy.

He won't get into the team next season ahead of RVDV - Hudd - Sandro anyway.

BBF
June 18th, 2011, 5:16 AM
Modric is overrated and a bit shit anyway.

LOL ok KMH

Lawson
June 18th, 2011, 5:29 AM
He has denied that this morning and said he was 'disgusted' with such claims, he just couldn't agree terms with you. His injury record looks bad and we've given him a five year contract but I can't imagine we'd do that unless we were certain he isn't going to be injured and shit.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01212/michael-owen-newca_1212427c.jpg
(http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01212/michael-owen-newca_1212427c.jpg)

Lazurus
June 18th, 2011, 5:32 AM
LOL ok KMH

I've never rated him. Decent squad player but nothing more.

RFF Champ
June 18th, 2011, 5:33 AM
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01212/michael-owen-newca_1212427c.jpg
(http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01212/michael-owen-newca_1212427c.jpg)

Different ownership!

BBF
June 18th, 2011, 5:34 AM
I've never rated him. Decent squad player but nothing more.

You genuinely might be the only Spurs (or maybe football) fan I know that thinks this.

Winkle van Tinkle
June 18th, 2011, 6:12 AM
Modric has totally fucked over Spurs. Admitted he wants to leave, and killed off any real hope of a bidding war by saying he wants to stay in London. HA HA HA.

RFF Champ
June 18th, 2011, 6:15 AM
Ian Mcgarry from the Five live monday night club has been saying for a while that Modric warned Spurs that he may look to leave this summer or next when he signed his contract last year.

Winkle van Tinkle
June 18th, 2011, 6:22 AM
But...he's not that type of player??

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00738/Luka_Modric_738015a.jpg

Ringo
June 18th, 2011, 6:25 AM
Ian Mcgarry from the Five live monday night club has been saying for a while that Modric warned Spurs that he may look to leave this summer or next when he signed his contract last year.

Ian McGarry is generally a tit, but he does get the odd thing right. He's been saying that Modric decided to leave Spurs last Summer for a while, even if it does seemingly contradict the whole 6 year contract thing.

Newcastle are doing pretty well. Cabaye, Ba & Marveaux already. And Ben Arfa coming back from injury is practically a new player. Some real good talent there.

Lazurus
June 18th, 2011, 6:36 AM
People should stop fucking with Levy.

"I wish to make it absolutely clear, as I have said previously, that none of our key players will be sold this summer. We are building a team for the future to consistently play at the highest level and retaining quality players is crucial to that.

"In respect of Luka Modric, we are not prepared to sell, at any price, to Chelsea Football Club or any other club.

"We made our stance on this issue abundantly clear in writing to Chelsea. They chose to ignore it and then subsequently made the offer public.

"For the avoidance of any doubt, let me reiterate that we shall not enter into any negotiations whatsoever, with any Club, regarding Luka.

"We now consider this matter closed."

Winkle van Tinkle
June 18th, 2011, 6:36 AM
They must still have shitloads left in the kitty, from the Carroll deal. Those 3 didnt costs much at all.

Winkle van Tinkle
June 18th, 2011, 6:37 AM
"I wish to make it absolutely clear, as I have said previously, that none of our key players will be sold this summer. We are building a team for the future to consistently play at the highest level and retaining quality players is crucial to that.

"In respect of Luka Modric, we are not prepared to sell, at any price, to Chelsea Football Club or any other club.

"We made our stance on this issue abundantly clear in writing to Chelsea. They chose to ignore it and then subsequently made the offer public.

"For the avoidance of any doubt, let me reiterate that we shall not enter into any negotiations whatsoever, with any Club, regarding Luka.

"We now consider this matter closed."

Where will Luka play then? Because you scraped the reserve team didn't you?

Rip
June 18th, 2011, 6:38 AM
What great news to wake up to. We've signed Sylvain Marveaux.

They still haven't announced our new change strip for next season, at this rate I'm thinking they'll just nick the french one :D

RFF Champ
June 18th, 2011, 6:45 AM
They must still have shitloads left in the kitty, from the Carroll deal. Those 3 didnt costs much at all.

This is pretty much where all the negativity stems from. Many fans are saying that these aren't good signings because we aren't spending any money and we'll never see any of the Carroll money.

I think all three of our signings are going to be on a healthy wage and Liverpool were reportedly offering 60k for Marveaux. I doubt we're paying that but it'll still be a lot.

I'm excited for these signings but it is a little worrying that Jonas, Enrique, Barton and Colo are all linked with moves away.

Rip
June 18th, 2011, 6:53 AM
http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/69/transfer-zone/2011/05/25/2503775/newcastle-united-poised-to-sign-mehdi-abeid-from-lens

4, this one seems to have been overlook a little, he's due in on the 1st as well.

Winkle van Tinkle
June 18th, 2011, 6:53 AM
I think they're decent signings (if Marveaux can stay fit), and think strengthening the squad with 4-5 good players is better than spunking it all on 1-2 guys. Just need to keep what you've got now, and add another couple.

RFF Champ
June 18th, 2011, 6:58 AM
I think we can cope with losing Enrique and Barton. Enrique was always going to leave so I hope we've got a few left back targets as well as Neil Taylor.

I would worry if we lost Jonas and replaced him with Marveaux. I don't think we should rely on Marveaux given what seems to be a poor injury record when Jonas is very fit and plays most of our games. Colo is a brick as well and has a good partnership with Williamson.

We're still linked with Erdinc and now most of the ITKs are saying that Barnetta is due in for talks which would be another exciting signing. Who cares about the homegrown rules anyway?

RFF Champ
June 18th, 2011, 7:06 AM
Wolves are interested in Ryan Bertrand. Anyone has to be better than Stephen Ward.

Winkle van Tinkle
June 18th, 2011, 7:46 AM
OptaJoe Opta Sports
Alberto Aquilani has provided more Premier League assists (6) than Luka Modric (5) since August 2009.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 18th, 2011, 9:12 AM
OptaJoe Opta Sports
Alberto Aquilani has provided more Premier League assists (6) than Luka Modric (5) since August 2009.

That's not really fair, though. Spurs (mostly) play a very wide 4-4-2, his job is to start moves before laying it onto the wingers and to retain possession. Those stats are not very good considering his ability, but they're also quite misleading.

Andy
June 18th, 2011, 9:16 AM
agash, zinger from Wilshere on Twitter, stirring it up :lol:

Winkle van Tinkle
June 18th, 2011, 9:18 AM
jack_wilshere Jack Wilshere
Don't see all the fuss about Modric wanting a move..he has done welll at #Spurs but he needs to play #champions league! #inmyopinion

Keano's Magic Hat
June 18th, 2011, 9:21 AM
what a little rascal :D

Simon
June 18th, 2011, 9:22 AM
Wonder if he'll be asking for a move away if Arsenal don't make it into the CL.

RuneEdge
June 18th, 2011, 9:25 AM
After just one season out of the top 4? I doubt it. But if it stayed that way, he probably would.

Winkle van Tinkle
June 18th, 2011, 9:25 AM
Nah, he's not that sort of lad...

Keano's Magic Hat
June 18th, 2011, 9:26 AM
So Simon, regarding Levy's most recent quotes, an attempt to up the bidding price or a genuine 'hands off'?

Winkle van Tinkle
June 18th, 2011, 9:28 AM
Bit of both probably. Obviously he wants to keep him, but he's now put the ball in Modric's court and is basically saying put a transfer request in, or shut up.

Simon
June 18th, 2011, 9:31 AM
So Simon, regarding Levy's most recent quotes, an attempt to up the bidding price or a genuine 'hands off'?

Both. We want to keep him, but if he goes we want the highest price possible. It's a strong stance but I doubt it will work, if they offer 40m then we will accept I guess. I really fucking hope we don't allow him to go to Chelsea though. The one thing I do think is that if we flatly reject all offers, he will still give everything for us and help us do well next year.

If his quotes are correct, he's a bit of a cunt for doing things the way he has done. Not handing in a transfer request "out of respect" while talking to the media about wanting a move to local rivals is a piss take. As Cuncha says - if he doesn't hand in a transfer request and therefore give up his millions in loyalty money, he can get to fuck.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 18th, 2011, 9:41 AM
Do Chelsea and City ever conduct business in a classy fashion? I know United aren't the best in the world for it either, but with most of our signings nobody has a sniff until they're pictured having a medical for the club. Saying that, making the bid public has probably cost Spurs their best player, so I suppose it's effective.

Simon
June 18th, 2011, 9:48 AM
That's just the way things are nowadays, I've no complaints on that basis. Redknapp's worse than most.

Winkle van Tinkle
June 18th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Didn't United act quite badly with Berbatov, hence Levy releasing a statement about his head being turned and effectively being forced to sell him?

Keano's Magic Hat
June 18th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Winkle:

The day after comments attributed to Sir Alex Ferguson appeared in The Sun, with our manager naming Berbatov by name as a target he thought was more or less wrapped up, Daniel Levy exploded.

When Fergie laughed off the claims, saying he’d never given such an interview and mocking Levy for taking the word of a tabloid as gospel, Spurs claimed they had far more evidence than these remarks to get United done for tapping up.

However, when they came in front of the Premier League with their complaint, the Premier League sent them away, needing more evidence to punish United. So, either Spurs left their most damning evidence at home that day, or, they didn’t have the evidence they claimed to.

Well, Spurs buckled in the end, selling Berbatov to United for less than City offered, yet Levy hasn’t redeemed himself as any more likeable than he showed himself to be in the summer.

----

Basically, first anybody knew of an official bid was when Levy leaked it, then he went a bit mental because Berbatov would only sign for United thus rendering Man City's far greater bid useless. He's probably sat there, cock in hand at the stories of Modric, hoping this starts a bidding war between United and Chelsea.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 18th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Ronaldo
Nani
Anderson
Jones
De Gea
Evra
Vidic
Smalling
Hernandez
Bebe

The only time we heard of most of these transfers was when it was practically a done deal. Not saying United always conduct themselves well, but they do a far better job of it than City and Chelsea.

Lazurus
June 18th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Now obviously we all know that Man Utd acted in a saintly way in that deal but I still find it amazing that Berbatov seemed to know of Man Utd's interest months before that though. Seeing as it would be illegal for the club to talk to the player without an offer being accepted.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 18th, 2011, 10:39 AM
He read of our interest in the Guardian

Simon
June 18th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Now obviously we all know that Man Utd acted in a saintly way in that deal but I still find it amazing that Berbatov seemed to know of Man Utd's interest months before that though. Seeing as it would be illegal for the club to talk to the player without an offer being accepted.

It's unrealistic to think that clubs don't have contact with other teams' players. There are so many ways they can circumvent the rules without getting done that the rule itself is pointless. Plus in Berba's case United had been tracking him for years so he would probably have known they retained an interest in him.

Alf
June 18th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Ronaldo
Nani
Anderson
Jones
De Gea
Evra
Vidic
Smalling
Hernandez
Bebe

The only time we heard of most of these transfers was when it was practically a done deal. Not saying United always conduct themselves well, but they do a far better job of it than City and Chelsea.

All that suggests to me is that Man U tap the player up behind the scenes rather than leaking it to the press.

Alf
June 18th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Both. We want to keep him, but if he goes we want the highest price possible. It's a strong stance but I doubt it will work, if they offer 40m then we will accept I guess. I really fucking hope we don't allow him to go to Chelsea though. The one thing I do think is that if we flatly reject all offers, he will still give everything for us and help us do well next year.

If his quotes are correct, he's a bit of a cunt for doing things the way he has done. Not handing in a transfer request "out of respect" while talking to the media about wanting a move to local rivals is a piss take. As Cuncha says - if he doesn't hand in a transfer request and therefore give up his millions in loyalty money, he can get to fuck.

Even if he does request a transfer.... our position doesn't have to change. It's up to the selling club to change our mind.

1_Pablo_Angel
June 18th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Hargreaves was pretty bad.

There will always be communication between agents looking to secure their clients moves and clubs putting out tentative feelers to see if it's worth making bids. Playing these thngs out in the media is unnecessary though, creates more pressure on the selling club and is a cunt towards the fans.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 18th, 2011, 11:57 AM
All that suggests to me is that Man U tap the player up behind the scenes rather than leaking it to the press.

How does it suggest that?

Keano's Magic Hat
June 18th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Sanchez to sign for Barcelona on Monday despite them offering the lowest salary. Ahh well. There's always charlie adam!

Winkle van Tinkle
June 18th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Well the Bebe one was just a favour to someone wasn't it? To essentially get first dibs on other players coming through with that agent? Or have I just made that rumour up?

Keano's Magic Hat
June 18th, 2011, 12:38 PM
You haven't, it's accepted as fact by quite a few people. Something very dodgy about the deal, but I don't think that's the case.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6995517,00.html

Wes Brown to Villa.

Winkle van Tinkle
June 18th, 2011, 12:42 PM
The whole Bebe move was odd, i'm not knocking United for it, because sometimes you take a punt on a player and it doesn't work out. Every team has done it. But the circumstances of Ferguson admitting that he'd never seen him play, and the player clearly not being United calibre in any sense just make it all very fishy.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 18th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Yep, the only player he has signed without watching play, and they go and spend 7m on him. It came as a recommendation from Queiroz, and Real Madrid's 'interest' (fuck off :D) meant we had to get the deal done pronto.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 18th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Also, the Portuguese media was raving about him, and there was a Portuguese lad on a United forum who said, after watching Bebe in preseason, that the Vitoria fans thought they had signed the next Drogba. It's likely that it really was just a punt on a young player.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 18th, 2011, 1:02 PM
Looks like Bojan is off to Roma. It seems strange Barca are willing to let him go aged 20 (although reportedly they want a buy-back clause inserted in the deal). He's been around for ages now but he's still very young, he hasn't even been out on loan anywhere.

Red Dog
June 18th, 2011, 1:35 PM
Pearce mentions that Bryan Robson was told to "tap him up" at various England squad get-togethers by Ferguson. He is a master at it.

The Rosk
June 18th, 2011, 2:10 PM
Can't wait for Scott Dann, Hutton and Adam as our signings lads! McLeish McLeish McLeish

McBain
June 18th, 2011, 2:29 PM
Surely Blues are going to fight like animals to not let their players join us too?

Second City Saint
June 18th, 2011, 5:48 PM
Looks like Bojan is off to Roma. It seems strange Barca are willing to let him go aged 20 (although reportedly they want a buy-back clause inserted in the deal). He's been around for ages now but he's still very young, he hasn't even been out on loan anywhere.That too bad. He was the first player that made me feel old as I'm a few months his elder yet he was scoring CL goals while I was watching on tv. And yeah, you'd think with Barcelona's relatively thin squad they'd keep him on to relieve one of the forwards when it was needed.

RuneEdge
June 18th, 2011, 7:16 PM
Also, the Portuguese media was raving about him, and there was a Portuguese lad on a United forum who said, after watching Bebe in preseason, that the Vitoria fans thought they had signed the next Drogba. It's likely that it really was just a punt on a young player.
There were a couple of YouTube videos of him going around that looked promising. But it was just flashes of skill and strength and playing against teams of a much lower level.
I still wouldnt write him off though. Im not expecting him to be world class but atleast good enough to eventually repay the 7m we wasted on him.

RuneEdge
June 19th, 2011, 9:28 AM
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/News-Barcelona-prepared-to-sell-David-Villa-to-Chelsea-or-Manchester-City-to-fund-transfers-article749171.html

Barca apparantly looking to offload Villa to fund other transfers. Imagine if Chelsea were able to get a working partnership between Torres and Villa. :scared:

Bad Collin
June 19th, 2011, 9:31 AM
If Tevez stays I think it will be a very interesting three way battle for the title next year.

RuneEdge
June 19th, 2011, 9:34 AM
And a nice three way battle for 4th spot too, providing Tottenham dont weaken and Liverpool step up.

Bad Collin
June 19th, 2011, 9:35 AM
And presuming that Arsenal crack again.

Simon
June 19th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Hill-Wood has confirmed that Barca have made contact about Fabs.

turdpower
June 19th, 2011, 12:39 PM
KMH, When is Obertan fucking off?

RuneEdge
June 19th, 2011, 12:42 PM
KMH, When is Obertan fucking off?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6996565,00.html
Soon hopefully.

Winkle van Tinkle
June 19th, 2011, 12:48 PM
But no offer from Barca. Until then, they can fuck off.

turdpower
June 19th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Well he did hand in a transfer request the day after the deadline in January.

Winkle van Tinkle
June 19th, 2011, 1:00 PM
Oh sorry chubbs, i was still talking about Fabregas not Obertaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnn

Winkle van Tinkle
June 19th, 2011, 1:18 PM
http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/20110619/alexis-voy-barca/1047567.shtml

Sanchez to Barca

€28m + 11m in variables apparently. 4 year contract, 3m a year salary. So it seems.

Andy
June 19th, 2011, 4:24 PM
Barca are really taking the piss if that's true. Just give us the 40m+ for Fabregas if they have that sort of money and let's be done with it.

Ringo
June 19th, 2011, 4:27 PM
They said they had 45m to spend or something similar. There was a rumour that they would have to sell if they wanted to put in a serious bid for Fabregas, and had offered Villa around to generate some cash.

I bet they won't and will bid big for him anyway though.

Simon
June 20th, 2011, 7:25 AM
Luka Modric is expected to backtrack on an interview he gave over the weekend in which he intimated he wanted to join Chelsea, by issuing a statement this week in which he will attempt to rebuild the damage done to his relationship with both his club, Tottenham Hotspur, and their chairman, Daniel Levy.

After an eventful five days in Modric's career, culminating in an interview published on Saturday in which he said that his ambition lay away from Spurs – and potentially at Chelsea – the player is said to be keen to take the sting out of the situation.

Modric is expected to clarify in his statement that he does not have his heart set on a move to Chelsea – just that if Spurs agreed a deal with the club he would be prepared to go. Sources at Tottenham have said that regardless of what Modric said over the weekend, he is not in the frame of mind to go to war with the club to force a move.

The Croatia international has always enjoyed a good relationship with Levy, whose last conversation with Modric at the end of the season was said to be positive. The club feel that the player was ill-advised to do the interview and did not realise the impact that his words would have just two days after news had leaked that Spurs had rejected a 22m bid from Chelsea.

Spurs are puzzled about the involvement in the Modric saga of the last few days of Kia Joorabchian – advisor to Carlos Tevez and Mark Hughes – especially as they have always enjoyed a good relationship with Modric and his agent, Mario Mamic. They are eager to discover whether Joorabchian has an interest in Modric signing for Chelsea as opposed to any of the other clubs interested in him – such as Manchester United or Manchester City.

The unequivocal statement released by Levy on Saturday that Spurs would not sell Modric under any circumstances is a demonstration of the strength of feeling over the saga. Levy does not regard the situation as any thing like the one when Dimitar Berbatov eventually left for Manchester United in 2008. Spurs think the matter is retrievable and that Modric will be happy to stay at the club for another season, at least.

Before Modric's interview, Levy was prepared to give the player a new contract above his current 45,000-a-week deal to reflect his contribution last season. However, they now feel that it would send out the wrong signal to reward him so soon after speaking out. Nevertheless, he is likely to get a new deal before the end of the year.

Harry Redknapp, the Tottenham manager, said yesterday other big clubs were interested inModric. The notion he would only wish to stay in London were he to leave Spurs is not thought to be accurate. Redknapp said it was significant that Levy had taken a very strong stance over Modric which would make it hard for him to change his mind. "If Daniel's saying 'No' he really can't be seen to be going back on that now," Redknapp said. "He's made a very strong statement. I wouldn't see Daniel backtracking on that at any price."

The events of the last few days have also caused bad feeling between Spurs and Chelsea. Levy accused the club of making their 22m offer public. Chelsea have denied that was the case. Modric has five years left on his contract which puts him in a weak position to attempt to force a deal, especially with Chelsea and City unlikely to bid more than 35m.

Redknapp said that Spurs needed to demonstrate to Modric that they had "ambition". He said: "If we can add one or two good players to our squad there's no reason we can't have another great season. So Tottenham could be a great club for him to stay with for the next few years. That's what we're hoping for."

It's the hope that kills you :happysad:

El Capitano Gatisto
June 20th, 2011, 7:36 AM
I don't see how Levy could turn around and negotiate any sort of deal whatsoever unless Modric specifically requests a transfer. He was fairly unequivocal. It would be moronic to play hardball again until August 31st, only to sell Modric then and leave the team weakened a few games into the season. He needs to be sold in the next 2-3 weeks if it's going to happen.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 20th, 2011, 8:18 AM
Manchester United's Korean midfielder Park Ji-Sung says he believes he doesn't have long left with the Red Devils, in the wake of links with Spanish La Liga duo Sevilla and Atletico Madrid.

The 30-year-old Red Devil, who retired from international football after the 2011 Asian Cup, comes out of contract at Old Trafford at the end of the 2011-12 season.

Mirror Football reports Park is attracting interest from the Spanish duo and added Atletico will have money to spend with Sergio Aguero and David de Gea set to be sold by the club.

Earlier this month, The Telegraph reported Park is likely to sign an extension with United when he returns to the club for their pre-season tour of the United States in August.

However, Park told reporters ahead of his charity match in Vietnam he was open to the idea of moving to another club before retirement.

"I won't be able to show my best after one or two years. I don't know how long I can stay at Manchester," said Park.

"I never thought about retirement but it's obvious that I don't have much time left as a player.”

He added: "According to circumstances, I might leave Manchester United and retire in another team.”

------------------

somebody buy him. please

Keano's Magic Hat
June 20th, 2011, 8:19 AM
I do love Park, though. Very effective player, but not a good footballer. Getting rid of Ji Sung would be a step in the right direction

El Capitano Gatisto
June 20th, 2011, 9:03 AM
Udinese saying that Barcelona still haven't put an acceptable bid in for Alexis Sanchez. Basically the same story for the past 3 weeks. This is like in Football Manager when you really want a player but can't afford him, so you keep agreeing terms and hitting "delay transfer by a week" so no one else can sign him.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 20th, 2011, 9:07 AM

Who will Barcelona sell, realistically, that will recoup enough cash to fund the signings of two of Rossi, Sanchez and Fabregas? I presume that they'll account for such expenditure by eating into next years budget, which isn't the smartest move in the world.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 20th, 2011, 9:10 AM
Just read rumours of David Villa leaving the club.. surely not?

El Capitano Gatisto
June 20th, 2011, 9:12 AM
That was the talk last week, that they had €45 million per season to spend, any sales would go into the transfer fund and Guardiola could dip into next year's if needed. But their finances are a fucking mess. The players they are going for are crazy, they need one more top defender at minimum, possibly two, because Milito, Abidal and Puyol are all getting on now. If Dani Alves spends any length of time out, they're fucked.

There's a thing on Football365 about awful Spanish transfers and Barcelona have had a few. The whole Ibrahimovic thing was a complete disaster. God knows where they're getting the money from to put these bids in because they make a huge loss on every transfer.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 20th, 2011, 9:16 AM
Guardiola's transfer record is appalling. I've said it before, but I highly doubt that Sanchez will be an instant success at Barcelona. His style of play is so far removed from the neat, intricate little passing they play that not only will it take time to adjust, it'll mean stopping him from playing his natural game, i.e the kind of stuff that makes him worth such ridiculous money in the first place

Simon
June 20th, 2011, 5:27 PM
Someone has posted on the Spurs forum saying we have provisionally accepted a bid of 32m for Modric, subject to us finding a replacement. The guy has no previous history of being ITK so hopefully he's just on a wind up.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 20th, 2011, 5:34 PM
It would be pretty surprising to rule out selling him only to go on and accept a bid that isn't really enormous enough to justify going back on that statement.

Any fee Spurs get for Modric has to reflect the fact that they need one or two class players to make up for losing him or to reflect that they're not going to be in the Champions League for another two seasons at least.

Simon
June 20th, 2011, 5:47 PM
The best thing for us to do now is go out and fucking spend some money on a big name striker, to put us on the front foot as a big fuck you to all the vultures circling our top players. It would be a huge statement IMO to not only take a hard line on Modric leaving but also making a big move in the transfer market.

Don't forget also that Modric has just under five years left on his contract so he's not in a position to force a move on the threat of running his contract down and leaving for a small fee/nothing. The only way we will be truly fucked is if he acts unprofessional about it, and (hopefully) he's not the type to do that.

The Independent have strongly implied that it's all Joorabchian's doing, with Modric's agent keen to remain on good terms with Spurs. After the initial comments emerged, it's all been relatively positive with plenty of conciliatory remarks coming out from the Modric camp. I'm strangely confident that we will keep him for another year at least.

da_man
June 20th, 2011, 5:53 PM
I do love Park, though. Very effective player, but not a good footballer. Getting rid of Ji Sung would be a step in the right direction

Due to his style of play, Park will be finished at the top level at about 32 when his legs start to go.

Brett Emerton for us was always an athlete and not a footballer. He was all-action and had a great engine but since his serious injury, and the years catching up with him, he looks like a pub player nowadays.

Bad Collin
June 20th, 2011, 6:01 PM
Same with Dirk.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 20th, 2011, 6:04 PM
Kuyt is a good enough player technically and pretty strong too. He just has absolutely no pace, or worse he has no change of pace.

Bad Collin
June 20th, 2011, 6:06 PM
His workrate keeps him at the top level, as soon as that goes he will be very average.

That is..if you can call Liverpool top level anymore :(

Keano's Magic Hat
June 20th, 2011, 6:38 PM
Due to his style of play, Park will be finished at the top level at about 32 when his legs start to go.

agreed.

Winkle van Tinkle
June 20th, 2011, 6:46 PM
He's such a little shit:

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton
Why do people take what is put in newspapers as gospel......hope you understand this....."I don't want to leave Newcastle" #bosmanruling

Winkle van Tinkle
June 20th, 2011, 6:52 PM
"We won't go over our financial limits to sign Alexis Sanchez. There's no deal yet. We're also holding talks on other players"

"I know that Cesc wants to return. He is doing what he can to make it happen, for as much as his position allows it"

"If we make an offer and Arsenal don't accept it, Cesc won't come this year. Guardiola understands that."

"Mascherano is the example. He paid part of his transfer with his salary, I never saw that before."

Sorry, is he basically asking Cesc to help finance the deal? :lol:

Keano's Magic Hat
June 20th, 2011, 7:01 PM
He's such a little shit:

Why do people take what is put in newspapers as gospel......hope you understand this....."I don't want to leave Newcastle" #bosmanruling

fucking hell :shocked:

Simon
June 20th, 2011, 7:14 PM
I don't get it. Is he saying he wants to see out his contract then leave for free?

turdpower
June 20th, 2011, 7:22 PM
He's such a little shit:

That is brilliant :lol:

Keano's Magic Hat
June 20th, 2011, 7:39 PM
I don't get it. Is he saying he wants to see out his contract then leave for free?

Sherlock Holmes on the case, lads

son_of_foley
June 21st, 2011, 3:07 AM
See the thing is if I was a fan I would be fucked off with him but because of the anti-ashley feeling and the general mongness percentage of some fans I would suggest he's getting some support on that from twitter.

Winkle van Tinkle
June 21st, 2011, 4:12 AM
Well surely Ashley will now offer him about to try and get a bit of money back from him?

son_of_foley
June 21st, 2011, 5:23 AM
I think though he's saying he'll refuse the move and move on a bosman mate. I think that's the whole point. He was saying Ashley is trying to force them all out etc

Red Dog
June 21st, 2011, 5:25 AM
We are after Nicky Maynard from Bristol for 4million apparently :eek:

Red Dog
June 21st, 2011, 5:27 AM
See the thing is if I was a fan I would be fucked off with him but because of the anti-ashley feeling and the general mongness percentage of some fans I would suggest he's getting some support on that from twitter.
If they have confirmed that he wont be getting a new contract then he is well within his rights to sit his current one out and wait for a bosman payday. They knew what he was like when they gave him his original contract.

son_of_foley
June 21st, 2011, 5:36 AM
We are after Nicky Maynard from Bristol for 4million apparently :eek:

You lot and Leicester are genuinely disgusting bastards

Red Dog
June 21st, 2011, 5:50 AM
You lot and Leicester are genuinely disgusting bastards
lol @ sof believing we are going to spend 4million on someone.

son_of_foley
June 21st, 2011, 5:53 AM
Aye wouldn't be like you lot to spend money you don't have

Red Dog
June 21st, 2011, 6:36 AM
We do have it though. Our chairman (who owns the club) is a rich man. He loses money each season (25million in the last 2 years if the CEO is to be believed) but he does it because he is a Forest fan born and bred. I can see why that must grate you.

son_of_foley
June 21st, 2011, 6:44 AM
The financial fair play rules will grate on you lot soon enough which is probably why Leicester are going balls out to the wind this summer

Keano's Magic Hat
June 21st, 2011, 8:21 AM
PSG have put a bid in for Berbatov, according to canal+

Keano's Magic Hat
June 21st, 2011, 8:27 AM
Also, Valencia's Vicente says he will be joining a premier league club within the next week on a free.. rumours of Swansea, Blackburn or Newcastle. He's only 29, and was my number one choice to replace Giggs back in 2004, when Giggs looked to be coming towards the end of his career. What the fuck has happened to him? 29 and he's contemplating a move to Swansea? Injury prone waster.

Bennedy
June 21st, 2011, 8:29 AM
I've heard they are after Eto'o as well. What a partnership that would be.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 21st, 2011, 8:32 AM
Swansea? Vicente's a winger.

What the hell are you smoking?

bite

Bennedy
June 21st, 2011, 8:38 AM
PSG mate.

Andy
June 21st, 2011, 8:39 AM
Why the fuck haven't we signed anyone yet. All these rumours of Samba and Gervinho being close and nothing this week. And it's raining.

Winkle van Tinkle
June 21st, 2011, 8:45 AM
Give it time. We never do business quickly. Only time we did was big gay Sol, and thats because he was free.

Just think back to the Baptista saga, or the Arshavin drama. I reckon us and Spurs get money from SSN to make transfer deadline day interesting.

Red Dog
June 21st, 2011, 9:02 AM
The financial fair play rules will grate on you lot soon enough which is probably why Leicester are going balls out to the wind this summer
This is a terrible troll.

Please tell me what rules we have broken by having a rich chairman who is a boyhood fan who loses money year on year.

son_of_foley
June 21st, 2011, 9:03 AM
the financial fair play ones.

son_of_foley
June 21st, 2011, 9:04 AM
Also I don't troll why would I? Your wage vs turnover figures are supposedly higher than the fair play rules will allow when they come in.

Simon
June 21st, 2011, 9:07 AM
Swansea are trying to sign Marcos Senna as well.

1_Pablo_Angel
June 21st, 2011, 9:07 AM
I thought they only applied to European competition?

Keano's Magic Hat
June 21st, 2011, 9:08 AM
They have a couple of years to show 'significant attempts at improving' those figures, don't they?

Either way, the likes of City and Chelsea are fucked. Will have to sell to buy, and reduce their wage bill considerably. Great move :yes:

Beefy
June 21st, 2011, 9:12 AM
FFP won't hurt Chelsea or City at all. What it will do is make it practically impossible for any other Club to challenge the top clubs in the future. As with every other change UEFA have brought in over the past 20 years it's all about protecting the rich clubs and maintaining the status quo.

Simon
June 21st, 2011, 9:13 AM
I'm not sure how all this is going to pan out. I mean as things stand Chelsea should be shitting their pants, and yet they're still spending ridiculous money. They don't seem particularly bothered, nor do City.

1_Pablo_Angel
June 21st, 2011, 9:16 AM
FFP won't hurt Chelsea or City at all. What it will do is make it practically impossible for any other Club to challenge the top clubs in the future. As with every other change UEFA have brought in over the past 20 years it's all about protecting the rich clubs and maintaining the status quo.

:yes:

Just further insulates the sides in the Champions League from real competition.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 21st, 2011, 9:19 AM

What are you talking about? How will it not hurt the likes of City and Chelsea 'at all'? No realistic inflated sponsorship deal is going to balance those books. As I said earlier, the first two years, they HAVE to show signs of improving their balance, i.e working within their means. Adding more players to an already excessive wage bill, and/or replacing them like for like (financially) would be in contempt of the ruling.

son_of_foley
June 21st, 2011, 9:21 AM
I thought they only applied to European competition?

Championship are looking to adopt it but it probably wont be as stringent. That said Leicester are going all out this summer. Schemiechel, Nugent and a bid for Maynard

Keano's Magic Hat
June 21st, 2011, 9:22 AM
I'm not sure how all this is going to pan out. I mean as things stand Chelsea should be shitting their pants, and yet they're still spending ridiculous money. They don't seem particularly bothered, nor do City.

They're spending ridiculous money because this is the last summer they can splash the cash (:cool:) without having to worry about the fair play rules. Basically, teams are trying to get good, young squads together before trimming the fat when under obligation to do so.

Arsene Wenger said as much a couple of weeks ago. Something to the effect of this being the last of the crazy summers.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 21st, 2011, 9:23 AM

No, I disagree with that. Platini has clearly brought this in from French football, where clubs have to demonstrate they are operating in a financially viable manner before being allowed to compete in the league or they are automatically relegated. It's an attempt to STOP clubs from operating beyond their means. They have to increase their revenue before they spend it. Rules such as these are long overdue.

I genuinely believe Platini wants to make the European game fairer but his hands are largely tied by the opposition of the big clubs.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 21st, 2011, 9:25 AM
:yes:

Just further insulates the sides in the Champions League from real competition.

Nope, again that's untrue. If it means that Real Madrid or Barcelona cannot continue to spend millions in the knowledge that the Spanish banks won't enforce their debts, then how does it insulate them? If they continue to break the bank to buy players, they'll be banned from playing in the CL.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 21st, 2011, 9:26 AM
How anybody can think this ruling actually widens the divide between the top and lower clubs is beyond me. This is fantastic news for the likes of Aston Villa and Southend.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 21st, 2011, 9:29 AM
Of course it doesn't, a knock-on effect is that wage bills will have to be reduced, therefore bigger clubs won't be able to hoard players who are happy to be part of a squad while being on big money. Those players will have to be moved on. Another measure to deal with that is to limit the number of loans clubs can make, so that big clubs can't hoover up young players and then just loan them out year after year until they're ready.

son_of_foley
June 21st, 2011, 9:31 AM
I think the logic is clubs like City and Chelsea have overspent and now have CL money and no other club will ever be able to that again so those that have been lucky tio splash the cash will be protected from anyone ever making a mad cash run at them.

It's not what I believe but I think that's the logic behind their argument

1_Pablo_Angel
June 21st, 2011, 9:32 AM
Nope, again that's untrue. If it means that Real Madrid or Barcelona cannot continue to spend millions in the knowledge that the Spanish banks won't enforce their debts, then how does it insulate them? If they continue to break the bank to buy players, they'll be banned from playing in the CL.

It might not insulate Barca and Real from competition with the likes of Man United and Chelsea but it sure as hell insulates them from it with anyone lacking access to the Champions League and the increased turnover from TV and sponsorship that brings.

How anybody can think this ruling actually widens the divide between the top and lower clubs is beyond me. This is fantastic news for the likes of Aston Villa and Southend.

Why? It just means Randy can't keep bankrolling us so we'll have to spend much, much less than we are now. Which patently isn't enough to see us compete at anywhere near the highest level anyway.

Beefy
June 21st, 2011, 9:32 AM
They don't have to balance the books. They don't have to work within their means. There's nothing in FFP which says that they have to.

They're still allowed to make huge losses. Transfer fees get amortised over the duration of contracts (hence the number of 5 1/2 or 6 year contracts which have been thrown around over the last year) whereas any money that they make from the odd player sale goes straight into the accounts on year one. Basically they sell a player for 10m and that effectively wipes out 50m-60m of spending.

But that's besides the point. FFP enforces teams into a certain position whereby only the clubs with higher incomes can spend a lot in the transfer market and on wages. That's the Champions League sides. If Chelsea and Man City qualify for the next couple of seasons then they'll be running at a far higher level of turnover than anyone competing with them to take those top four spots.

The Champions League was brought in in order to ensure that the same cartel of Clubs received the bulk of available TV money. It was expanded to three or four sides per country to effectively lock those 'elite' Clubs in every year and then when a couple of clubs had the cheek to gatecrash the party by getting a large amount of outside investment UEFA had to change the rules again to further protect the top Clubs from this happening again in the future. Had this happened a decade ago then Chelsea and Man City would be in trouble. As it is it's too late, I'm afraid.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 21st, 2011, 9:35 AM
Of course it doesn't, a knock-on effect is that wage bills will have to be reduced, therefore bigger clubs won't be able to hoard players who are happy to be part of a squad while being on big money. Those players will have to be moved on. Another measure to deal with that is to limit the number of loans clubs can make, so that big clubs can't hoover up young players and then just loan them out year after year until they're ready.

Agreed. This is a great move.. now they need to sort out the Champions League pay-outs, which is absolutely disgraceful.

Do you know that an English side finishing bottom of their group is will receive 10 fold the cash of a Romanian team in similar placement? I suppose this all relates to Platini being hamstrung by the top clubs form the top nations.

Beefy
June 21st, 2011, 9:38 AM
Man City and Chelsea aren't the problem with football finances. If anything they are models for outside/foreign investment because money isn't loaned to the Clubs it is invested through share capital (Abrahamovic capitalised his investment years ago). If their owners want to inject money into the business then they have a legal right to be able to do so.

The problem with football finances is what we've seen at Leeds, Southampton, Southend, Sheffield Wednesday, Cardiff, Portsmouth, Stockport, Swindon and dozens of other Clubs which is where Clubs have spent money which they haven't got and haven't got access to and have ended up defaulting on their tax obligations, not paying transfer fees or wages or screwing over local businesses. That's where the regulations need to change - not making it unattractive for people to put money into football.

Beefy
June 21st, 2011, 9:40 AM
No, I disagree with that. Platini has clearly brought this in from French football, where clubs have to demonstrate they are operating in a financially viable manner before being allowed to compete in the league or they are automatically relegated. It's an attempt to STOP clubs from operating beyond their means. They have to increase their revenue before they spend it. Rules such as these are long overdue.

I genuinely believe Platini wants to make the European game fairer but his hands are largely tied by the opposition of the big clubs.

Something is long overdue. This is not it.

Nope, again that's untrue. If it means that Real Madrid or Barcelona cannot continue to spend millions in the knowledge that the Spanish banks won't enforce their debts, then how does it insulate them?

Because it removes the need for them to have to. Atletico or Valencia or anyone else won't be able to spend the money in the transfer market in order to challenge Madrid and Barcelona.

Red Dog
June 21st, 2011, 9:43 AM
Also I don't troll why would I? Your wage vs turnover figures are supposedly higher than the fair play rules will allow when they come in.
So your argument is that our figures are "supposedly" higher than the rule will allow that hasnt even come in yet.

Maybe your argument would hold some water if you could

a) tell me what our wage v turnover is and

b) tell me what the wage v turnover limit will be in the rule that is in the future.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 21st, 2011, 9:49 AM
They don't have to balance the books. They don't have to work within their means. There's nothing in FFP which says that they have to.

They're still allowed to make huge losses. Transfer fees get amortised over the duration of contracts (hence the number of 5 1/2 or 6 year contracts which have been thrown around over the last year) whereas any money that they make from the odd player sale goes straight into the accounts on year one. Basically they sell a player for 10m and that effectively wipes out 50m-60m of spending.

But that's besides the point. FFP enforces teams into a certain position whereby only the clubs with higher incomes can spend a lot in the transfer market and on wages. That's the Champions League sides. If Chelsea and Man City qualify for the next couple of seasons then they'll be running at a far higher level of turnover than anyone competing with them to take those top four spots.

The Champions League was brought in in order to ensure that the same cartel of Clubs received the bulk of available TV money. It was expanded to three or four sides per country to effectively lock those 'elite' Clubs in every year and then when a couple of clubs had the cheek to gatecrash the party by getting a large amount of outside investment UEFA had to change the rules again to further protect the top Clubs from this happening again in the future. Had this happened a decade ago then Chelsea and Man City would be in trouble. As it is it's too late, I'm afraid.

Yes, they do have to balance their books. The clubs are limited to a set loss in the first couple of years of the new rules, and are only allowed to go past these losses if they are shown to be reducing them. The only way to reduce losses is to increase revenue or to reduce wages.

The top clubs competing in the CL are still losing vast amounts of money just maintaining their position there. Chelsea have been a CL club for going on ten years now and their losses are still massive. They are at a period now where they have to adjust their squad without a successful youth system and the challenge to operate within their turnover within 6 transfer windows. It's an enormous task for them. It also means getting high earners off their books to reduce costs, which reduces squad size and, in turn, makes it more difficult to be consistently successful in the league. The reduction in squad sizes frees up talented players to go to other clubs. The reason why other clubs, like Manchester United (the Glazer debt not withstanding), or Arsenal, or Spurs won't have such a big problem is that they already operate within their means, as has always been the case in football throughout history, the biggest clubs are the most successful.

The issue here is not the fairplay rules themselves but in the belief that UEFA will actually enforce them. Further, club owners have probably been in favour because it will force a reduction in player wages.

If anything, this rule will benefit the Premier League because of the collective TV rights. In Serie A and Spain, bigger clubs earn a bigger slice of TV revenue from a smaller pot (to the tune of a billion euro smaller than the Premier League pot), leaving all other clubs essentially fucked. The losses in Spain are staggering and something needs to be done to force clubs to address them.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 21st, 2011, 9:50 AM
Read up: http://andersred.blogspot.com/2011/04/financial-fair-play-crunching-numbers.html

Andy
June 21st, 2011, 10:14 AM
Looks like Liverpool are signing Fernando Torres lookalike Nolan Roux.

Beefy
June 21st, 2011, 10:18 AM
Read up: http://andersred.blogspot.com/2011/04/financial-fair-play-crunching-numbers.html

I think this is a better read http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2010/10/how-manchester-city-could-break-even.html

Note the point about Robinho.

son_of_foley
June 21st, 2011, 10:31 AM
So your argument is that our figures are "supposedly" higher than the rule will allow that hasnt even come in yet.

Maybe your argument would hold some water if you could

a) tell me what our wage v turnover is and

b) tell me what the wage v turnover limit will be in the rule that is in the future.

a) http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10308~2224170,00.html
cost/revenue* 100 = 15.6/14.7 * 100 = 106%

b) http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jun/08/championship-financial-fair-play 60%

You just got served. "supposedly"

edit: This might even be in place in 2012-2013 wouldnt be suprised if this somehow played a part in Davies going

Keano's Magic Hat
June 21st, 2011, 10:58 AM
get fucked, you dirty, bindipping cunts

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/kop-join-oshea-hunt-2800418.html

Simon
June 21st, 2011, 11:29 AM
Glad we're in for him if it's true. Obvious replacement for VDV whenever he's injured.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 21st, 2011, 11:47 AM
I think this is a better read http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2010/10/how-manchester-city-could-break-even.html

Note the point about Robinho.

Yes, note the point about Robinho. To reduce the losses made, Man City will have to get players off their books. Man City reported a minor profit of 1.7 million on Robinho in 10/11, but recorded an 8.1 million loss in both previous seasons. The overall net loss remains ~15 million so it works both ways. If they are paying big transfer fees, the accounting for the transfer may be spread out over the length of the contract but to reduce their annual losses, they still have to get players off the books.

And they have to replace those players with ones of a lower value or on longer contracts, and on reduced wages, to continue to record a net improvement in their profits/losses while maintaining a squad of footballers. You are not taking into account the fact that football clubs need footballers, they can't keep writing off the value of expensive players to reduce losses but sustain success on the pitch. Since what the new fairplay rules do is limit teams to spending per year based on what turnover they earn through footballing activities, Sheikh Mansour cannot dip into his bank account to sign footballers, so the club has to dip into its own accounts while also reducing losses to an acceptable level. The only way these sums work is by replacing expensive players with less expensive ones: i.e. reducing wages, reducing transfer fees. Indeed, it encourages the presence of youth players in the squad. Overall this should reduce player hoarding and start to balance out squad strength throughout the leagues.

It also means leveraged buy-outs like the Glazers' are problematic, since if the threat of being banned from the CL is there then a major source of revenue disappears and reduces the ability to service debts by extracting money from the club's accounts.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 21st, 2011, 11:48 AM
Glad we're in for him if it's true. Obvious replacement for VDV whenever he's injured.

Red Dog
June 21st, 2011, 11:49 AM
a) http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10308~2224170,00.html
cost/revenue* 100 = 15.6/14.7 * 100 = 106%

b) http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jun/08/championship-financial-fair-play 60%

You just got served. "supposedly"

edit: This might even be in place in 2012-2013 wouldnt be suprised if this somehow played a part in Davies going
So you are using our accounts from 2009-10 season as evidence that we wont be passing the rules that *may* come in for the 2012-13 season?

Why do you think players like Moussi, Tyson and Earnshaw have been offered vastly reduced contracts?

son_of_foley
June 21st, 2011, 12:01 PM
Cutting from 107% of revenue to 60% isn't easy. Greening won't be cheap etc. You guys have spent a lot of money so far what exactly are you arguing here.

I said the rules would grate on you lot. Do you think reducing your wage bill in half over 2 years (unlikely but a possibility if the rules were stringent) wouldn't be grating to the squad quality?

Now pull your pants and admit you were a little too quick to play your trolling card.

Red Dog
June 21st, 2011, 12:10 PM
Cutting from 107% of revenue to 60% isn't easy. Greening won't be cheap etc. You guys have spent a lot of money so far what exactly are you arguing here.

I said the rules would grate on you lot. Do you think reducing your wage bill in half over 2 years (unlikely but a possibility if the rules were stringent) wouldn't be grating to the squad quality?

Now pull your pants and admit you were a little too quick to play your trolling card.
Not really. You are claiming "victory" when all you have is complete conjecture.

Oh have we signed Greening then? Or is that actually just paper talk. We were linked with him when had Davies ffs!

It might not affect squad quality. I mean, Tyson was one of our highest earners (source: Garry Birtles in last week's paper!) so him leaving has taken a huge chunk out the wage bill and it hasnt affected the squad quality one bit.

It is fair to say we may well be in the PL when the rules come in anyway.

I could say Derby will be in L2 in 2 years time, it would be about the same lazy argument. I could probably back it up better too.

Beefy
June 21st, 2011, 12:18 PM
Yes, note the point about Robinho. To reduce the losses made, Man City will have to get players off their books. Man City reported a minor profit of 1.7 million on Robinho in 10/11, but recorded an 8.1 million loss in both previous seasons. The overall net loss remains ~15 million so it works both ways. If they are paying big transfer fees, the accounting for the transfer may be spread out over the length of the contract but to reduce their annual losses, they still have to get players off the books.

And they have to replace those players with ones of a lower value or on longer contracts, and on reduced wages, to continue to record a net improvement in their profits/losses while maintaining a squad of footballers. You are not taking into account the fact that football clubs need footballers, they can't keep writing off the value of expensive players to reduce losses but sustain success on the pitch. Since what the new fairplay rules do is limit teams to spending per year based on what turnover they earn through footballing activities, Sheikh Mansour cannot dip into his bank account to sign footballers, so the club has to dip into its own accounts while also reducing losses to an acceptable level. The only way these sums work is by replacing expensive players with less expensive ones: i.e. reducing wages, reducing transfer fees. Indeed, it encourages the presence of youth players in the squad. Overall this should reduce player hoarding and start to balance out squad strength throughout the leagues.

It also means leveraged buy-outs like the Glazers' are problematic, since if the threat of being banned from the CL is there then a major source of revenue disappears and reduces the ability to service debts by extracting money from the club's accounts.

Yes but they've got players on the books now who they can discount from the calculations because their contracts were signed prior to FFP being drafted but when they sell off prove to be substantial 'positive' movements on the accounts through the income from the transfer fee, the effective rebate on the amortisation and the wagebill drop. City have got a number of players in that position - Bellamy, Given, Jo, Santa Cruz, Lescott, Kolo Toure, Adebayor and I'm sure there are others. Effectively the sale of any of these massively subsidises any transfers that they then make.

This is why it's difficult to talk about 'balancing' books when accounting principles and the loopholes in the regulations give Clubs plenty of ways to massage the figures.

The point is that this and the massive leeway that is being given early on means that it's very unlikely that any Club, especially one with so many excess assets to sell off, will fall foul of the regulations early on and by the time that they become a factor they will be established Champions League sides with massive incomes and will be safe from mid-table sides below them who now have no opportunity to close the gap and compete. Which is what I believe to be the objective of the whole exercise. Man City and Chelsea won't need to embark on huge spending rounds when no one below them has the chance to spend big on the players necessary to overtake them.

son_of_foley
June 21st, 2011, 12:23 PM
Not really. You are claiming "victory" when all you have is complete conjecture.

Oh have we signed Greening then? Or is that actually just paper talk. We were linked with him when had Davies ffs!

It might not affect squad quality. I mean, Tyson was one of our highest earners (source: Garry Birtles in last week's paper!) so him leaving has taken a huge chunk out the wage bill and it hasnt affected the squad quality one bit.

It is fair to say we may well be in the PL when the rules come in anyway.

I could say Derby will be in L2 in 2 years time, it would be about the same lazy argument. I could probably back it up better too.

No you couldnt. You said can you show me our wage vs revenue and what it would need to be for the rules. Indicating I had made the whole thing up, in actual fact according to those figures you would be one of the most at risk clubs in the league. If you can show that our current performance is likely to lead us into Lg2 you might have point I've shown that without drastic cost cutting you would be contravening these laws if they do come into play next year.

son_of_foley
June 21st, 2011, 12:24 PM
I'm strutting around the office now safe in the knowledge that I've rocked this young ladies world

Red Dog
June 21st, 2011, 1:06 PM
No you couldnt. You said can you show me our wage vs revenue and what it would need to be for the rules. Indicating I had made the whole thing up, in actual fact according to those figures you would be one of the most at risk clubs in the league. If you can show that our current performance is likely to lead us into Lg2 you might have point I've shown that without drastic cost cutting you would be contravening these laws if they do come into play next year.
Yeah and you showed me our accounts from 2 seasons ago when the earliest these rules will be in place is 2012 and probably not even then. If you showed me accounts from the end of next season then maybe you would have a point but obviously I knew you couldnt because you are not Marty McFly.

Do you not think this rule may have crossed the chairman's mind at all? He is a venture capitalist who has made a fortune, I think it is fair to say he knows where to cut his cloth. Again (because you didnt answer it before) WHY do you think our biggest earners like Tyson and Earnshaw (plus Moussi) have been offered vastly reduced contracts and will probably leave? You signed Tyson by the way, God knows what you are paying him.

All your comment shows you up to be is a bit bitter of Forest and Leicester being the superior East Midlands clubs while you mainly splash around the lower leagues for your signings.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 21st, 2011, 1:17 PM
Berbatov PSG fee has been agreed :(

Keano's Magic Hat
June 21st, 2011, 1:18 PM
This after Sky reported United offering Park to Sevilla and Atletico. What the fuck is going on? We're going to sell everyone, and give Michael Owen an 8 year contract.

son_of_foley
June 21st, 2011, 2:14 PM
Yeah and you showed me our accounts from 2 seasons ago when the earliest these rules will be in place is 2012 and probably not even then. If you showed me accounts from the end of next season then maybe you would have a point but obviously I knew you couldnt because you are not Marty McFly.

Do you not think this rule may have crossed the chairman's mind at all? He is a venture capitalist who has made a fortune, I think it is fair to say he knows where to cut his cloth. Again (because you didnt answer it before) WHY do you think our biggest earners like Tyson and Earnshaw (plus Moussi) have been offered vastly reduced contracts and will probably leave? You signed Tyson by the way, God knows what you are paying him.

All your comment shows you up to be is a bit bitter of Forest and Leicester being the superior East Midlands clubs while you mainly splash around the lower leagues for your signings.

There's no more recent accounts you mentalist

There was also no indication that doughty was unaware but that it would grate on the club which you're backin up yourself talking about offering lower contracts. Btw we are paying Tyson less than you did last year but less than you offered this year also les than savage.

You have gone a bit mental about this I think it's because you're insecure that your club are disgusting bastards

son_of_foley
June 21st, 2011, 2:17 PM
You also don't understand how hard going from 107 percent to 60 is despite the fact every thinks mcclaren will be spending

Chris Scott
June 21st, 2011, 2:36 PM
get fucked, you dirty, bindipping cunts

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/kop-join-oshea-hunt-2800418.html

No chance especially after the the Heinze fiasco.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 21st, 2011, 2:42 PM
O'Shea wouldn't sign for Liverpool anyway. He's great.

1_Pablo_Angel
June 21st, 2011, 2:49 PM
:mtr: http://i.imgur.com/4bjKA.jpg

Keano's Magic Hat
June 21st, 2011, 2:51 PM
how many fingers does Downing have? inbred

1_Pablo_Angel
June 21st, 2011, 2:56 PM
Confirmed as fake :$

Still, nothing would surprise me with that bloke. Spine made of jelly.

Chris Scott
June 21st, 2011, 3:02 PM
O'Shea wouldn't sign for Liverpool anyway. He's great.

Martin Kelly's better anyway.

RuneEdge
June 21st, 2011, 3:06 PM
But he's never nutmegged Figo.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 21st, 2011, 3:17 PM
Yes but they've got players on the books now who they can discount from the calculations because their contracts were signed prior to FFP being drafted but when they sell off prove to be substantial 'positive' movements on the accounts through the income from the transfer fee, the effective rebate on the amortisation and the wagebill drop. City have got a number of players in that position - Bellamy, Given, Jo, Santa Cruz, Lescott, Kolo Toure, Adebayor and I'm sure there are others. Effectively the sale of any of these massively subsidises any transfers that they then make.

This is why it's difficult to talk about 'balancing' books when accounting principles and the loopholes in the regulations give Clubs plenty of ways to massage the figures.

The point is that this and the massive leeway that is being given early on means that it's very unlikely that any Club, especially one with so many excess assets to sell off, will fall foul of the regulations early on and by the time that they become a factor they will be established Champions League sides with massive incomes and will be safe from mid-table sides below them who now have no opportunity to close the gap and compete. Which is what I believe to be the objective of the whole exercise. Man City and Chelsea won't need to embark on huge spending rounds when no one below them has the chance to spend big on the players necessary to overtake them.

But the money they get for those players will be vastly reduced because they're on enormous wages and any clubs buying will be subject to the same FFP rules. I can't see many clubs being willing to take those players off City's hands at a large fee, so most likely the majority will run down their contracts. Further, Given and Bellamy weren't signed for huge fees in the first place, their amortisation value at this point is so low as to be irrelevant.

So your assumption is that they will sell the gain sell-on fees large enough to make a significant dent in their losses. But, as is more likely, if they shift those players on at a reduced price, or simply release them to get them off the wagebill, then, again, these players are distributed to other clubs, making those clubs more competitive.

Further, the vast bulk of City's amortisation fees actually WILL come under the FFP period which started last year.

Red Dog
June 21st, 2011, 3:46 PM
There's no more recent accounts you mentalist

There was also no indication that doughty was unaware but that it would grate on the club which you're backin up yourself talking about offering lower contracts. Btw we are paying Tyson less than you did last year but less than you offered this year also les than savage.

You have gone a bit mental about this I think it's because you're insecure that your club are disgusting bastards

I know there are no recent accounts. Which is why I cant take you seriously because in 3 years a club's accounts can change drastically. Answer me this - how were Derby's accounts looking 3 years ago compared to now?

You also don't understand how hard going from 107 percent to 60 is despite the fact every thinks mcclaren will be spending
Who thinks McLaran will be spending? You? You are still blindly clinging to the example of Greening that we were linked with under a previous manager!

We are hardly going to ship out two of our biggest earners for nothing if we then planned to lavish money elsewhere. We may pay some transfer fees but we will slash the wage bill. Also he has talked about how good the young players are which is a tell tale sign that we are hardly going to be signing all and sundry. Besides which we do have saleable assets (Camp, McGugan, Cohen) that could be sold should your proposed armagedden happen.

I believe that you believe we will spend big though because you are coming across as bitter mate. Bitter that most your recent signings are lower league nobodies. And bitter that you have signed a very limited player from us who you actually dislike that somehow you know what wage he is on. His Dad is quoted as saying the move is part financially motivated so it would be bizarre if he has just moved to a club where he is despised for less money when he could have stayed with us for more. :wtf: Think you might want to check that fact mate.

You argument is based on a massive "what if" scenario which would take a huge leap to be credible which is why I didnt think you were being serious.

Chris Scott
June 21st, 2011, 3:50 PM
But he's never nutmegged Figo.

Kelly has never been outpaced by Dossena.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 21st, 2011, 4:07 PM
ouch

Chris Scott
June 21st, 2011, 5:50 PM

Bad Collin
June 21st, 2011, 7:01 PM
O'Shea can fuck off.

son_of_foley
June 22nd, 2011, 3:46 AM
I know there are no recent accounts. Which is why I cant take you seriously because in 3 years a club's accounts can change drastically. Answer me this - how were Derby's accounts looking 3 years ago compared to now?

Who thinks McLaran will be spending? You? You are still blindly clinging to the example of Greening that we were linked with under a previous manager!

We are hardly going to ship out two of our biggest earners for nothing if we then planned to lavish money elsewhere. We may pay some transfer fees but we will slash the wage bill. Also he has talked about how good the young players are which is a tell tale sign that we are hardly going to be signing all and sundry. Besides which we do have saleable assets (Camp, McGugan, Cohen) that could be sold should your proposed armagedden happen.

I believe that you believe we will spend big though because you are coming across as bitter mate. Bitter that most your recent signings are lower league nobodies. And bitter that you have signed a very limited player from us who you actually dislike that somehow you know what wage he is on. His Dad is quoted as saying the move is part financially motivated so it would be bizarre if he has just moved to a club where he is despised for less money when he could have stayed with us for more. :wtf: Think you might want to check that fact mate.

You argument is based on a massive "what if" scenario which would take a huge leap to be credible which is why I didnt think you were being serious.

Your argument also hangs on hypotheticals you mongo. Of course it's a hypothetical pointing that out doesn't make your argument.

Also read what I've said and what you've said about Tyson you plonker. You said you offered him a massively reduced contract from last year I said we are paying him more than you offered him (IE THE MASSIVELY REDUCED CONTRACT) but less than you were paying him last year. Really not that hard.

NF 2011 OFFER < DCFC 2011 OFFER < NFFC 2010 PAY

Where did I get the idea McLaren can spend? Your chief executive says he will be backed http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/Forest-McClaren-transfer-market-insists-chief/story-12765596-detail/story.html I mean jesus christ. You would think I'm plucking this all from the air.

Greening may have been under a new manager but you have an acquisitions panel. So there's no guarantee that it won't still be happening. You had been speaking to McClaren before he took the job.

Derbys accounts 3 years ago is genuinely irrelevent because we had parachute payments etc. You may also realise the grind we've had reducing our wage bill substantially. You did notice that right hence the comments about lower league signings etc? That was exactly what I was indicating could happen because your current wage to revenue rate is TWICE what it should be.

If you can't understand comments made on similar situations (cost cutting at derby) having some relevence but not direct correlation to another situation then I don't know what the point is here in having a discussion. I assume you won't be making any predictions about the league next year as you would need to be Marty McFly to know

As for calling me bitter, I think you may be trolling now especially with the Derby to League 2 comment.

Chris Scott
June 22nd, 2011, 4:38 AM
O'Shea can fuck off.

You not think he'd be a decent squad player?

Red Dog
June 22nd, 2011, 5:32 AM
Your argument also hangs on hypotheticals you mongo. Of course it's a hypothetical pointing that out doesn't make your argument.

Also read what I've said and what you've said about Tyson you plonker. You said you offered him a massively reduced contract from last year I said we are paying him more than you offered him (IE THE MASSIVELY REDUCED CONTRACT) but less than you were paying him last year. Really not that hard.

NF 2011 OFFER < DCFC 2011 OFFER < NFFC 2010 PAY

Where did I get the idea McLaren can spend? Your chief executive says he will be backed http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/Forest-McClaren-transfer-market-insists-chief/story-12765596-detail/story.html I mean jesus christ. You would think I'm plucking this all from the air.

Greening may have been under a new manager but you have an acquisitions panel. So there's no guarantee that it won't still be happening. You had been speaking to McClaren before he took the job.

Derbys accounts 3 years ago is genuinely irrelevent because we had parachute payments etc. You may also realise the grind we've had reducing our wage bill substantially. You did notice that right hence the comments about lower league signings etc? That was exactly what I was indicating could happen because your current wage to revenue rate is TWICE what it should be.

If you can't understand comments made on similar situations (cost cutting at derby) having some relevence but not direct correlation to another situation then I don't know what the point is here in having a discussion. I assume you won't be making any predictions about the league next year as you would need to be Marty McFly to know

As for calling me bitter, I think you may be trolling now especially with the Derby to League 2 comment.
Ok chill out I misread the Tyson comment.

Our CEO also said that last summer we would sign Darren Pratley and Peter Whittingham. In 2004 he said we were "serious about promotion" and we nearly got relgated. He is notorious of being a massive liar so to use him word in your argument is futile. I know you want to believe everything he says because it helps fuel your bitter rants but I will believe that when I see it.

It is surely a lot easier to predict a league table than a set of accounts that football fans generally have little knowledge of. And also, for the final time, why do you think our highest earners are being offered reduced contracts??? Of course there is a certain gamble involved in spending and we probably will spend a bit but we have been reasonably close the past 2 seasons to going up so it would be futile not to try.

In 2002 we went through the exact same thing as Derby are going through now. We had players that we given free transfers because we couldnt afford to keep them - Stern John, Bart Williams, Andy Johnson there were loads more. Bart Williams was even banned from playing because he refused a loan move. Stern John had some weird clause in his contract that said if he scored one more goal we would have to pay 250k or something - so he was dropped. Basically that meant all our youngsters like Jenas, Dawson, Reid, Harewood came through. If anything that scenario was far worse than what Derby are going through now so dry your eyes. Difference is that our youngsters were good so it didnt effect us and we were still competitive. So if it happens again, it happens.

Me calling you bitter is not trolling, you are coming across as very jealous. With good reason I suppose.

Please also remember that I know what we offered Shaun Barker and I know what Derby are paying him.

Simon
June 22nd, 2011, 6:06 AM
Sundlund have bid 8m for Wickham.

Simon
June 22nd, 2011, 6:41 AM
:fingersx: now that AVB has gone to Chelsea they firm up their interest in Moutinho and leave my lovely Luka the fuck alone.

Bennedy
June 22nd, 2011, 6:59 AM
He will just buy both.

Simon
June 22nd, 2011, 7:05 AM
Apparently Sunderland have asked about Huddlestone.

Alf
June 22nd, 2011, 7:14 AM
I'd like us to sign a striker please now please.

Andy
June 22nd, 2011, 7:41 AM
"Tottenham, and I hope the English fans will forgive me, are a club in mid-table and I need more" Samuel Eto'o

Alf
June 22nd, 2011, 7:50 AM
You are cruel.

Lagom
June 22nd, 2011, 7:52 AM
Yeah, you can probably rule out Falcao and/or Hulk now too :)

Bennedy
June 22nd, 2011, 7:54 AM
Don't worry Spurs fans, I hear Jay Bothroyd is available. Would be a good signing for you.

Lagom
June 22nd, 2011, 8:06 AM
Probably should have kept O'Hara as well for when Modric leaves....

Canuck
June 22nd, 2011, 9:22 AM
Why are we selling Berbatov?

Lagom
June 22nd, 2011, 9:22 AM
$

Simon
June 22nd, 2011, 9:59 AM
We're in talks with Adebayor. Not sure how I feel about that, great player when he fancies it but guaranteed to cause problems at some point and agitate for a move within a couple of years. Serious wages as well, 140k+

RuneEdge
June 22nd, 2011, 10:20 AM
I dunno. He's been around and sampled some of the top teams, so the appeal of a move to a major club would be gone. Atleast some of it.
And the clubs that would tempt someone to leave Spurs would probably look for a more higher profile striker than Adebayor anyway.
I reckon it could be a good move, providing he doesnt rinse you when you negotiate the wage.

Alf
June 22nd, 2011, 10:22 AM
We're in talks with Adebayor. Not sure how I feel about that, great player when he fancies it but guaranteed to cause problems at some point and agitate for a move within a couple of years. Serious wages as well, 140k+

140k a week. I don't think so.

Where are you getting this?

Simon
I dunno. He's been around and sampled some of the top teams, so the appeal of a move to a major club would be gone. Atleast some of it.
And the clubs that would tempt someone to leave Spurs would probably look for a more higher profile striker than Adebayor anyway.
I reckon it could be a good move, providing he doesnt rinse you when you negotiate the wage.

His last club was Real Madrid so I'm not sure about him being too low-profile for prospective buyers.

I can't believe I'm talking about being unable to keep hold of a player we haven't even bought yet, fucking modern football :(

Simon
140k a week. I don't think so.

Where are you getting this?

Sorry I meant that he is currently on 140k+. We won't pay that obviously but we would be looking at breaking our wage structure to sign him.

turdpower
June 22nd, 2011, 10:26 AM
Someone said the Berbatov rumour was being reported by Sky, but it aint on their website. I hope it's bollocks anyway. He's clearly class and has been brilliant. Maybe Fergie is doing the whole YOUTH thing again.

Bennedy
June 22nd, 2011, 10:26 AM
Would Levy really break the wage structure for Adebayor? I doubt it.

Simon
June 22nd, 2011, 10:29 AM
I've not seen anything about Berba to PSG except for that first post on here.

We have to break our wage structure at some point for a top striker, not sure if I want Adebaps but that's more about better players being available than him being 'unworthy' of rocketing the wage structure upwards.

Bennedy
June 22nd, 2011, 10:35 AM
What better players are available? Doesn't seem many top strikers are too keen on a move to Spurs.

Simon
June 22nd, 2011, 10:39 AM
Well it all depends on who goes elsewhere. I'm under no illusions - until the top clubs have their attacks finalised for next season, we're unlikely to sign anyone that has been linked with them. But I'm reasonably confident that, say if Sanchez does go to Barca, then we can have a fair go at getting Rossi. Same with Falcao if Chelsea don't go for him, maybe Hulk, maybe Lavezzi...all linked with top sides but they can't all get signed, so hopefully we can have the best of the rest. By all accounts we will definitely sign this Leandro character but it's being held up by the usual Brazilian bureaucracy and ownership issues, but we need a proven top class striker as well IMO.

son_of_foley
June 22nd, 2011, 10:39 AM
They dont need better strikers they just need Joey Cole playing on the wing with Crouch and Keano upfront.

Triffic lads.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 22nd, 2011, 10:43 AM
Someone said the Berbatov rumour was being reported by Sky, but it aint on their website. I hope it's bollocks anyway. He's clearly class and has been brilliant. Maybe Fergie is doing the whole YOUTH thing again.

Only has a year left on his contract and didn't even make the bench for the Champions League final. He's off.

RuneEdge
June 22nd, 2011, 10:44 AM
His last club was Real Madrid so I'm not sure about him being too low-profile for prospective buyers.

I can't believe I'm talking about being unable to keep hold of a player we haven't even bought yet, fucking modern football :(
What I meant is, if you look at the list of teams you'd consider leaving Tottenham for, Milan, Inter, Barca, Madrid, the EPL top 4, etc, I'd imagine they'd all want a "bigger" striker than Adebayor.
Who else can you realistically picture wanting him thats a bigger and/or a more promising club than Spurs?

RuneEdge
June 22nd, 2011, 10:47 AM
Only has a year left on his contract and didn't even make the bench for the Champions League final. He's off.

The rumoured fee is 10m. Unless it was reinvested in another striker (which I doubt), its probably not a good move. Imagine having Owen as your only back up after Rooney and Chicharito. :scared:

Keano's Magic Hat
June 22nd, 2011, 10:51 AM
The rumoured fee is 10m. Unless it was reinvested in another striker (which I doubt), its probably not a good move. Imagine having Owen as your only back up after Rooney and Chicharito. :scared:

Welbeck, too. Ashley Young will also play games in the Rooney position when he is rested. We're alright for strikers.

Lagom
June 22nd, 2011, 10:54 AM
Well it all depends on who goes elsewhere. I'm under no illusions - until the top clubs have their attacks finalised for next season, we're unlikely to sign anyone that has been linked with them. But I'm reasonably confident that, say if Sanchez does go to Barca, then we can have a fair go at getting Rossi. Same with Falcao if Chelsea don't go for him, maybe Hulk, maybe Lavezzi...all linked with top sides but they can't all get signed, so hopefully we can have the best of the rest. By all accounts we will definitely sign this Leandro character but it's being held up by the usual Brazilian bureaucracy and ownership issues, but we need a proven top class striker as well IMO.

If Hulk and Falcao go anywhere, and that's assuming they want to leave, surely they wouldn't give up on CL football, so they'd likely only go to Chelsea with AV-B, or stay put.

Same goes for Lavezzi, Napoli have qualified for the CL, and he'd probably be more excited about playing with a strengthened incarnation of his current team, than moving to a team outside the CL who may yet lose one of their best players.

And, I'd probably rule Rossi out too, again due to Villareal possibly securing a CL spot through the qualifiers, but also because Barcelona are supposedly interested in him. If they can't afford to sign him this summer, and if he had any intention of going there, then his best option would be to sit tight, have a good season, and move Summer '12.

You can have Jovanovic though, if you like?

RuneEdge
June 22nd, 2011, 11:01 AM
Welbeck, too. Ashley Young will also play games in the Rooney position when he is rested. We're alright for strikers.

How well would you rate Young in that position? I've personally never seen any of his games there.