PDA

View Full Version : The Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

Andy
May 21st, 2010, 1:09 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/marouane-chamakh-completes-move-to-arsenal

Chamakh is official.

What a silly number. :mad:

Apparently Barca have officially made contact over Fabregas too. :(

El Capitano Gatisto
May 21st, 2010, 1:10 PM
Suppose Sam has won more to be fair.

Sam hasn't managed Celtic. Don't see what that has to do with crititising MON's transfer policy anyway. He's a great coach who gets the very best out of players, but he tends to sign some very limited players.

Brennino
May 21st, 2010, 1:19 PM
It wasn't in regard to his transfer policy, it was when I said I would rather have him every day of the week and you didn't know about that, which is a laugh.

Celtic arguement is weaker, but he managed a UEFA Cup final while managing them and at the end of the day got his league titles. Plus he has never been sacked. Blackburn fans would say their club are of similar stature to Villa and MON has got us to three top six finishes in a row.

MON every day of the week for me.

Red Dog
May 21st, 2010, 1:34 PM
The year Ipswich came up and finished 5th their only major signing was Hermann Hreiðarsson.
When we came up in 1995 the only player we signed was Bryan Roy and we finished 3rd.

The League was more open then and our team was considerably better than Newcastle's is now - so I'm not really sure what point this proves. :blah:

El Capitano Gatisto
May 21st, 2010, 1:35 PM
Of course MON is a better manager. His transfer policy is still fairly crap and a hindrance to going further with Villa. He has spent an awful lot of money on some very average players indeed.

Blackburn haven't had that kind of money to spend since the 90s.

1_Pablo_Angel
May 21st, 2010, 2:17 PM
Blackburn fans would say their club are of similar stature to Villa

I'm almost certain the vast majority wouldn't.

1_Pablo_Angel
May 21st, 2010, 2:18 PM
And ECG is right, depressingly.

RFF Champ
May 23rd, 2010, 4:39 PM
Albin Ebondo is expected to fly into England for talks with some English clubs according to a fella claiming to be ITK at West Brom. He's expected to meet with Stoke, West Brom and Newcastle.

He's a right back who is a free agent after leaving Toulouse. I can't say I remember ever seeing him play but another right back would be nice.

MMH
May 24th, 2010, 8:29 AM
Just read the gossip about West Ham wanting to buy Theirry Henry and Luca Toni.

Seriously will they never learn? What a pair of dickhead transfers they would be.

son_of_foley
May 24th, 2010, 8:37 AM
I'm suprised they aren't also in for Beckham and Hargreaves as well.

Simon
May 24th, 2010, 8:38 AM
My mate was out dancing with David Sullivan the other night, she said he is a lovely guy.

Gary J
May 24th, 2010, 2:39 PM
Just read the gossip about West Ham wanting to buy Theirry Henry and Luca Toni.

Seriously will they never learn? What a pair of dickhead transfers they would be.

I thought Henry had already signed for some MLS side ?

Alf
May 27th, 2010, 8:18 AM
David Silva to City according to Spanish press. Liverpool also interested but can't afford him so are trying player swap deals.

Bluemoon
May 27th, 2010, 9:58 AM
Craig Bellamy to Cardiff :lol:

Murphy
May 27th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Haha, yeah I saw that in the Mirror. Jokes.

El Capitano Gatisto
May 27th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Sky Sports saying Man City are in talks to sign Dzeko. Steve McLaren mentioned the other day he has a set fee release clause that expires on Monday.

Lazurus
May 27th, 2010, 1:53 PM
It's going to be interesting to see, this summer, that the idea that top players won't sign for a team without CL football is total bollocks when there are £5m+ salaries up for grabs.

Simon
May 27th, 2010, 3:36 PM
In fairness Laz any player joining City can reasonably say they are joining for the opportunity to win major honours. City came close to qualifying for the CL last season and are even better placed to do it this year.

In any case I don't see why people make such a big deal, 99% of the population would take the offer of more money but less recognition in their job.

Lazurus
May 27th, 2010, 3:45 PM
Most people don't do the job they love. How many muscians walk away from record deals to do their own thing? How many movie stars work in the West End istead of doing an action movie. Sports, and football more than most, seem to be a place where people who would be paid an insane amount wherever they go choose to go somewhere that may be less enjoyable for a slightly larger wage.

Andy
May 27th, 2010, 4:25 PM
They're in talks with Real about Gago and Higuain too apparently. Surely Mourinho wouldn't be stupid enough to let Higuain go.

Lazurus
May 27th, 2010, 4:32 PM
He needs the money to buy an army of dull 30 year olds who can hold the ball up and defend in numbers.

da_man
May 27th, 2010, 6:31 PM
We've been linked with Kris Boyd. He ticks all the boxes for us; i.e. free.

Would rather have him than Dindane or Piquionne anyway.

Simon
May 28th, 2010, 8:16 AM
Gerrard is in to evens to join Madrid :eek:

Paul, Dindane has joined a side in Qatar or somewhere similar.

Murphy
May 28th, 2010, 8:22 AM
Where have the Joe Cole to United rumours come from? Or is this the first folk have heard?

Simon
May 28th, 2010, 8:25 AM
Heard a little rumour a while ago but nothing more substantial.

Andy
May 28th, 2010, 4:19 PM
SkySports reckons Villa made a last minute bid for Zigic. :lol:

MMH
May 28th, 2010, 4:22 PM
Looks like Pienaar is as good as going. The usual make the player look like a twat whilst making our club look good story has appeared in the Echo.

Fuck him, Bilyaletadinov will be immense next season.

Gary J
May 28th, 2010, 4:26 PM
Everton should buy Moutinho with the money they get for Pienaar and they should snap him up quickly before Man Utd or Arsenal come in for him to replace Carrick/Fabregas.

MMH
May 28th, 2010, 4:52 PM
Well we have been linked with a move for him and another Sporting player whos name escapes me.

Id assume we will make a move for Donovan too and it looks like Yobo will be on his way out of the club (Which is silly but whatever)

Andy
May 28th, 2010, 4:53 PM
I'd like to see Donovan go to Everton, he looked class for the few weeks he was there.

MMH
May 30th, 2010, 7:04 AM
(Lazy) Reports today have Manchester City linked with Arteta, Pienaar and Heitinga.

Why didnt the Arabs just buy us instead and save themselves all the messing around? They would have got themselves a better manager too.

Torn
May 31st, 2010, 10:01 AM
So Beckford to Everton confirmed then MMH, honestly I can't see this one turning out too well..

MMH
May 31st, 2010, 11:49 AM
So Beckford to Everton confirmed then MMH, honestly I can't see this one turning out too well..

It already has turned out well.

He cost nothing, he is better than Vaughan and Anichibe and if he turns out to be rubbish we will sell him to some random Championship team for 3-4M.

Cant lose at all.

With Moyes past history of signing lower league players ill give him the benefit of the doubt for now too.

Torn
May 31st, 2010, 12:05 PM
What I mean is that I see him being rubbish.

Simon
May 31st, 2010, 12:34 PM
But like he said there is no outlay bar presumably low wages. If he flops, they sell him and make money on him anyway. Everton can't lose!

Torn
May 31st, 2010, 12:40 PM
I'm not saying they can! I can't see it turning out well in that I think he WILL flop in the Premiership, Everton not losing anything if he does is another matter. He'll probably bang in the goals now and prove me wrong.

MMH
May 31st, 2010, 12:43 PM
I'm not saying they can! I can't see it turning out well in that I think he WILL flop in the Premiership, Everton not losing anything if he does is another matter. He'll probably bang in the goals now and prove me wrong.

He probably will.

As I said with Moyes record of buying from lower leagues that makes me think he may turn out alright.

If he cost loads of money then I would be concerned.

Beefy
May 31st, 2010, 2:34 PM
I've seen Beckford play five times either live in person on TV. I've not seen him score or have a good game. You can't argue with his record though. I've got a feeling this might be a decent signing.

Andy
May 31st, 2010, 8:44 PM
There's a guy on the Arsenal forums I go on who is absolutely adamant that Joe Cole will be announced as an Arsenal player tomorrow. Can't see it.

Gary J
May 31st, 2010, 8:54 PM
While it may happen (which i doubt as i think he's on his way to Man Utd) i can't see his future being decided until after the World Cup as i don't see Capello allowing a player to leave the England camp to sort out a transfer.

Red Dog
June 1st, 2010, 6:23 AM
He probably will.

As I said with Moyes record of buying from lower leagues that makes me think he may turn out alright.

If he cost loads of money then I would be concerned.
Why has his contract been cancelled by Leeds?

He must be a right wanker. They only picked him up from non league in 2006 and he has been making noises about moving for what seems like years.

Also.

Tattoo on neck = cock.

That is a fact of life.

Lazurus
June 1st, 2010, 6:25 AM
It was cancelled with about 4 weeks to go as he asked for it to be.

Red Dog
June 1st, 2010, 6:42 AM
Yeah because he is a wanker.

Nothing against Everton but I hope he flops.

son_of_foley
June 1st, 2010, 6:46 AM
Nah Leeds made him a final offer he said he was going they weren't getting compo so cancelled the contract to save themselves a months wages etc.

I do think he's a dick though

Red Dog
June 1st, 2010, 6:51 AM
What on earth makes him or Everton think he is cut out for the Premier League anyway?

It would be like Villa signing Grant Holt.

The Rosk
June 1st, 2010, 7:01 AM
He would be better than Heskey.

The Rosk
June 1st, 2010, 7:02 AM
It would actually be like Villa signing Fabian Delph. That one will definitely work out.

TraXX
June 1st, 2010, 7:04 AM
Grant Holt is fantastic. Stop sullying his good name.

Red Dog
June 1st, 2010, 7:18 AM
If Grant Holt ever gets signed by a Premership club I'll shag Kris Commons.

TraXX
June 1st, 2010, 7:24 AM
Of course he won't get signed by a Prem club.

He'll make it there with Norwich! :wired:

Red Dog
June 1st, 2010, 7:26 AM
Well obviously based on Blackpool this season that could easily happen so I covered my back with the "signed by".

I would like to see Norwich back there anyway.

Andy
June 1st, 2010, 10:53 AM
Wenger said he wanted to have most of his business done before the World Cup started. So that gives him less than two weeks to sign at least one goalkeeper, at least two centre backs, at least two midfielders and a striker. This is going to be another horrible summer of transfers as we inevitably don't sign anyone until the last week.

Lazurus
June 1st, 2010, 10:59 AM
Wenger said he wanted to have most of his business done before the World Cup started. So that gives him less than two weeks to sign at least one goalkeeper, at least two centre backs, at least two midfielders and a striker. This is going to be another horrible summer of transfers as we inevitably don't sign anyone until the last week.

You've already signed that striker whose name sounds like something between a cough and a sneeze. What more do you want?

Bad Collin
June 1st, 2010, 1:16 PM
I'm gutted that Yossi is going, he is my fourth favourite Liverpool player. Rafa better spend that £6 million well.

BBF
June 1st, 2010, 1:19 PM
Is he definitely off to Chelsea then? £6m seems a bit low especially to such a big rival.

Torn
June 1st, 2010, 1:20 PM
Yossi to Chelsea is a hilarious transfer. What are they doing.

MMH
June 1st, 2010, 2:29 PM
Yossi to Chelsea is a hilarious transfer. What are they doing.

Who? Chelsea or Liverpool? Liverpool are mad to let him go.

Bad Collin
June 1st, 2010, 2:33 PM
It's an appalling deal for us. Rafa out.

Torn
June 1st, 2010, 2:34 PM
Chelsea. Especially as they are letting Joe Cole go.

Winkle van Tinkle
June 1st, 2010, 6:53 PM
jo cole arsenal is done

RFF Champ
June 1st, 2010, 7:17 PM
Surely not while he is on international duty?

StevieV
June 1st, 2010, 7:18 PM
sounds accurate. :(

Andy
June 1st, 2010, 7:23 PM
Would be a great signing but I'd pray to god that it's not the only experience Wenger's thinking of signing.

turdpower
June 2nd, 2010, 5:07 AM
Inter Minan, what have you done?

turdpower
June 2nd, 2010, 5:08 AM
Also, Yossi is surely a bit of a replacement for Deco.

BBF
June 2nd, 2010, 6:52 AM
It's official - Barca and Arsenal are in talks for Cesc Fabregas. Story coming soon.

from that Stevo guy at the BBC. Looks like it could be onnnnnn

Winkle van Tinkle
June 2nd, 2010, 8:51 AM
Barcelona have put offer in for money. That does nots mean that talking is happening. Only what Barca say so far.

I assume they put in derisory offers to try drive price lower like when they buy Johan.

http://www.opovo.com.br/esportes/img/970655_not_fot.jpg

Simon
June 2nd, 2010, 12:38 PM
Has Cole to Arsenal been confirmed yet? Facebook seems to be going mad for the rumour.

Andy
June 2nd, 2010, 1:07 PM
No confirmation. I've not even seen any sort of decent paper/site pick up on the latest link either.

Andy
June 2nd, 2010, 1:09 PM
Oliver Kay of The Times reckons it's complete bullshit.

Andy
June 2nd, 2010, 1:10 PM
West Brom have signed Pablo Ibanez from Atletico on a free. Seems like a pretty big coup for them, he must've had a few clubs in for him.

Simon
June 2nd, 2010, 1:12 PM
West Brom have signed Pablo Ibanez from Atletico on a free. Seems like a pretty big coup for them, he must've had a few clubs in for him.
:eek: What the fuck? He was one of Spain's first choice defenders a couple of years ago. He must have gone unbelievably shit.

Lazurus
June 2nd, 2010, 2:42 PM
He's not been that good for the last few seasons or so and I don't think Flores rated him at all. He hardly played last season and although his contract was running out Atletico didn't make any attempt to offer him a new deal.

Still he's not that old and has a decent amount of caps for Spain; if West Brom can give him regular football for a year or so maybe he could get his form back.

eldanielfire
June 2nd, 2010, 3:15 PM
Interesting, I read a rumour of Joe Cole going to Arsenal on a free.

Torn
June 2nd, 2010, 3:24 PM
Can't think where I've heard that one today already..

eldanielfire
June 2nd, 2010, 3:38 PM
Can't think where I've heard that one today already..

Any substance to it? We don't all have the time to waste hours of the day on football discussion in online forums ya know.

Torn
June 2nd, 2010, 3:39 PM
Literally read about 4 posts up you weirdo.

McBain
June 2nd, 2010, 3:49 PM
You mean on a different page.

eldanielfire
June 2nd, 2010, 3:52 PM
You mean on a different page.

:yes:

son_of_foley
June 3rd, 2010, 4:21 AM
Ibanez is still serving another 12 months of his 18 month ban for substance abuse?

Simon
June 3rd, 2010, 4:44 AM
Apparently Cole is looking for a move to United and if that doesn't happen he is going to Spurs.

Andy
June 3rd, 2010, 6:18 AM
Genuine source or ben? Story is going a bit mental at the moment. If you put Joe Cole in Google News there's near constant updates on website, FB, Twitter etc all claiming he's going somewhere.

Andy
June 3rd, 2010, 6:21 AM
Apparently Barca only bid £29m for Fabregas. Fucking jokers.

son_of_foley
June 3rd, 2010, 6:23 AM
Where does Cole fit at Arsenal. In fabregas role in the centre being asked to pull strings? Doesn't have the range of passing surely?

Anyone see them reverting to 4-4-2 with the Chamachk joining? If they did surely it's him and RVP. Aarshavin would be fucking raging to be a proper left winger. It's different in a 4-3-3

Also is Denilson and Song strong enough in the centre if it's 4-4-2.

Song and Nasri? Song and Rossicky?
Denilson and Diaby? lol

son_of_foley
June 3rd, 2010, 6:30 AM
I would hope a move to 4-4-2 and RVP and his injury-proneness would allow Walcott a run centrally playing off a larger target man. RVP and Walcott might even work due to Van Peries intelligence on the ball.

Also if Campbell goes do Arsenal only have 3 senior CB's at the club including Silvestre? That's shite if so might force him to buy a grown up.

Rumours with Derby have died down a bit. Still think we're short a RM and 1 striker. I really don't want Green playing RM next year. Buck him in there instead of Savage and say get stuck in Paul Green you now IRISH BASTARD and get your face onto some fucking goals.

I want Clough to take a look at Josh Magennis but I don't see it happening

Andy
June 3rd, 2010, 6:32 AM
If Fabregas leaves we need at least two midfielders in. There's been rumours of Gourcuff, Sneijder would be good, maybe Yaya if we're going to switch back the the Invincibles system.

I'd quite like to see us go back to the old system and play something like this:

new keeper

Sagna signing Vermaelen Clichy

Nasri Yaya/someone Song Arshavin

van Persie

Chamakh

Much easier to see where someone like Cole would fit into that system.

Andy
June 3rd, 2010, 6:35 AM
Also if Campbell goes do Arsenal only have 3 senior CB's at the club including Silvestre? That's shite if so might force him to buy a grown up.

Campbell and Silvestre are both out of contract I'm pretty sure. That leaves us with Vermaelen as the only fit centre back and Djourou the only other senior centre back, and he's still injured anyway. So basically we need at least two top centre backs and a good keeper.

Lazurus
June 3rd, 2010, 8:40 AM
Apparently Barca only bid £29m for Fabregas. Fucking jokers.

They offered you pretty much the same amount that Fabregas would earn over the duration of his existing contract.

Can anyone say 'Webster ruling'?

Gary J
June 3rd, 2010, 10:36 AM
If Fabregas leaves we need at least two midfielders in. There's been rumours of Gourcuff, Sneijder would be good, maybe Yaya if we're going to switch back the the Invincibles system.

I'd quite like to see us go back to the old system and play something like this:

new keeper

Sagna signing Vermaelen Clichy

Nasri Yaya/someone Song Arshavin

van Persie

Chamakh

If Wenger ever signs Yaya Toure he'll play him as a defensive partner for Vermaelen.

Alf
June 3rd, 2010, 10:41 AM
Gourcuff would be a great shout. Although you'd probably have to spends ridiculous money on him.

Why would Wes leave Inter?

Andy
June 3rd, 2010, 10:41 AM
Why? edit - to Gary.

Dunno about Sneijder, was just an idea. Depends who the new manager is I suppose.

Gary J
June 3rd, 2010, 10:47 AM
I remember reading something Wenger said before about Yaya when he was linked with him before saying he saw thought Yaya Toure showed great potential as a central defender which i thought was a strange thing to say.

Then i saw you thought Campbell and Silvestre were out of contract. I think Senderos is too ? Rumors won't go away about Gallas leaving so if you sign Yaya this summer i could see him being played as a centre back.

Andy
June 3rd, 2010, 10:55 AM
Maybe, he's certainly played well there before, but it isn't his position. If Fabregas does go, I'd be suprised if we don't revert back to the old system. It would allow us to buy players like Yaya Toure who will be cheaper than having to get a Gourcuff or a Sneijder and allow our attacking threat to come from the flanks and RVP playing off a front man. I read a good article the other week which was quite optimistic, saying we should do what Juventus did when they sold Zidane - rebuilt their team with the money and got Buffon, Thuram and Nedved.

Gary J
June 3rd, 2010, 11:01 AM
I only remember it because i wondered just how angry you'd be if after years of wanting Wenger to sign him he then played him as a centre back.

Andy
June 3rd, 2010, 11:03 AM
I think it's a bit weird that Guardiola seemingly doesn't have Yaya in his plans. He's better than Biscuits and Keita. Maybe Pep just wants to create an army of Spanish maestros.

Alf
June 3rd, 2010, 11:12 AM
Why do you want VanPer in the hole?

Simon
June 3rd, 2010, 11:42 AM
Keita is better than Toure.

Andy
June 3rd, 2010, 12:21 PM
Bergkamp role.

Red Dog
June 3rd, 2010, 1:47 PM
Maybe, he's certainly played well there before, but it isn't his position. If Fabregas does go, I'd be suprised if we don't revert back to the old system. It would allow us to buy players like Yaya Toure who will be cheaper than having to get a Gourcuff or a Sneijder and allow our attacking threat to come from the flanks and RVP playing off a front man. I read a good article the other week which was quite optimistic, saying we should do what Juventus did when they sold Zidane - rebuilt their team with the money and got Buffon, Thuram and Nedved.
Yes you should follow the Juventus exclusive model of signing replacement players when you sell someone.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 3rd, 2010, 1:49 PM
Yeah well done Red Dog. That was his point, not that he was outlining the counter-intuitive idea you can greatly improve a side by selling its best player.

Red Dog
June 3rd, 2010, 2:08 PM
http://www.biocrawler.com/w/images/4/4a/England_flag_large.png

Simon
June 3rd, 2010, 2:11 PM
"Oh no he di-int"

MMH
June 3rd, 2010, 2:18 PM
http://www.biocrawler.com/w/images/4/4a/England_flag_large.png

At least you posted the right flag unlike some of your clown supporters with their union jacks.

Lazurus
June 3rd, 2010, 2:21 PM
At least you posted the right flag unlike some of your clown supporters with their union jacks.

Some people posted a flag flying on a ship?

MMH
June 3rd, 2010, 2:31 PM
Some people posted a flag flying on a ship?

....yes

Simon
June 3rd, 2010, 3:37 PM
Wolves have signed Steven Fletcher, good little signing that IMO. Takes a little bit of pressure off Doyle, and he did a good job in a difficult role for them last year.

RFF Champ
June 3rd, 2010, 3:44 PM
It is a good signing but it means they'll deviate away from the system that served them so well in the second half of the season.

I suppose they'll go with Jones and Henry in an orthodox 4-4-2 but I don't know if Jones will suit that role as it restricts the freedom he was playing with.

RFF Champ
June 3rd, 2010, 3:52 PM
My housemate (ITK?) says that most Fulham fans are resigned to Mark Schwarzer leaving for Arsenal.

He said that the rumour is that once a replacement is found, most likely either David James or Julien Speroni from Palace, the deal will go through.

Bluemoon
June 6th, 2010, 6:36 PM
They can't go wrong with James.

Andy
June 8th, 2010, 1:06 PM
Senderos has signed for Fulham. Could be a great signing for them.

So the only senior defenders we have in the squad now are Vermaelen, Djourou and...nope, that's it.

Simon
June 8th, 2010, 1:18 PM
Great photo of Pip on the BBC website...

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/48025000/jpg/_48025207_-26.jpg

Simon
June 8th, 2010, 1:18 PM
Also, City have released Petrov, Sylvinho and sof's favourite crap African striker, Benjani.

RFF Champ
June 8th, 2010, 1:26 PM
Hodgson's comments about the Senderos signing are interesting.

"He is a strong defender who has great aerial presence at both ends of the field and has a superb work ethic which is a vital component for any team's success. I am very much looking forward to working with Philippe next season."

I know you can't read too much into it but it doesn't seem like the words of a man with intentions of leaving for Liverpool.

Murphy
June 8th, 2010, 1:36 PM

So the only senior defenders we have in the squad now are Vermaelen, Djourou and...nope, that's it.

Campbell and Gallas haven't gone, have they?

Gary J
June 8th, 2010, 1:36 PM

Gallas ?

Andy
June 8th, 2010, 1:38 PM
Gallas, Silvestre and Campbell are all out of contract and we're yet to offer any of them deals. Looks like Campbell's going to Celtic, Silvestre can fuck off and Gallas wants too much money.

RFF Champ
June 8th, 2010, 1:42 PM
Campbell is 5/2 at Skybet to sign for Celtic by the end of the window.

Gary J
June 8th, 2010, 1:46 PM
Didn't realise Gallas's contract had expired i thought he had a year left.

Yaya Toure will be signed and be your new centre back either that or Song will be moved there.

The Rosk
June 9th, 2010, 3:45 AM
Also, City have released Petrov, Sylvinho and sof's favourite crap African striker, Benjani.

Villa should go for Petrov. Good player.

Simon
June 9th, 2010, 4:21 AM
Joe Cole, Michael Ballack and Juliano Belletti all confirmed to leave Chelsea on 30 June.

son_of_foley
June 9th, 2010, 4:27 AM
Villa should go for Petrov. Good player.

If he plays on the left does that mean Young goes right and Milner is just purely in the centre for good then?

You need a new striker big time.

Gangers
June 9th, 2010, 4:38 AM
I really don't want United to sign Cole. Another Michael Owen. And don't get me wrong, I love the wee scamp but he hasn't exactly been that helpful.

The Rosk
June 9th, 2010, 4:41 AM
If he plays on the left does that mean Young goes right and Milner is just purely in the centre for good then?

You need a new striker big time.

I don't know mate. Don't forget about DOWNING.

son_of_foley
June 9th, 2010, 4:47 AM
I think it'll be Downing Milner and Petrov until one of them dies

Bluemoon
June 9th, 2010, 5:25 AM

Benjani will always be loved, shame about Petrov.

son_of_foley
June 9th, 2010, 5:37 AM
Benjani should go to Newcastle. Hard working goal missing bastard

Gangers
June 9th, 2010, 5:49 AM
Villa should sign him as cover for Heskey.

son_of_foley
June 9th, 2010, 5:53 AM
Fuck off he's worth 5 Heskeys

son_of_foley
June 9th, 2010, 5:54 AM
Ben mate if you're reading this go for regular first team football it's what your mum and dad mr and mrs Jani would have wanted

turdpower
June 9th, 2010, 7:22 AM
I really don't want United to sign Cole. Another Michael Owen. And don't get me wrong, I love the wee scamp but he hasn't exactly been that helpful.

They aren't really at all the same gamble. Cole genuinely still looks like a decent player. Although if we do go for him, it basically confirms we have no transfer money.

Bad Collin
June 9th, 2010, 7:31 AM
I really wish we could afford Cole's wages. He would be amazing for us.

Gary J
June 9th, 2010, 8:23 AM
They aren't really at all the same gamble. Cole genuinely still looks like a decent player. Although if we do go for him, it basically confirms we have no transfer money.

But Fergie has already spent £20m on that mexican and Smalling. Not bad going for a team with no transfer money.

turdpower
June 9th, 2010, 8:31 AM
It's nothing compared to the other title rivals.

Gary J
June 9th, 2010, 8:38 AM
What have Chelsea and Arsenal spent so far ?

Plus Tosic and Possebon are returning from their loan spells. While they may not get into the team it's still going to beef your squad. Hargreaves should be fit after pre-season training although how long he stays fit for is another question.

This is a team that came close to winning the title last season it;s not like they need to be spending major money.

Andy
June 9th, 2010, 9:27 AM
It's nothing compared to the other title rivals.

What have Chelsea and Arsenal spent so far ?

Plus Tosic and Possebon are returning from their loan spells. While they may not get into the team it's still going to beef your squad. Hargreaves should be fit after pre-season training although how long he stays fit for is another question.

This is a team that came close to winning the title last season it;s not like they need to be spending major money.

Yeah, for a club with supposedly no money, £20m before the window opens isn't half bad. And who are you considering title rivals here? No chance Arsenal will spend much more than £20m, Liverpool won't spend much and Ancelotti claims he doesn't want many new signings. So unless you are counting Spurs and City as title rivals, United will still spend more than most.

Simon
June 9th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Exciting times at Juve, they have signed Simone Pepe from Udinese and the excellent Milos Krasic from CSKA. Trezeguet and Iaquinta will be wanking themselves into a coma over the thought of all the crosses coming in from the wings next season.

Gary J
June 9th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Iaquinta is on his way to Spurs isn't he ?

El Capitano Gatisto
June 9th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Trezeguet is almost certainly leaving as well.

Simon
June 9th, 2010, 10:55 AM
OK let me rephrase that - Krasic and Pepe are good wingers.

Andy
June 9th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Suprised Krasic didn't go to a CL club.

Simon
June 9th, 2010, 11:00 AM
14m Euros apparently. How do you do a Euro sign on a keyboard?

The Rosk
June 9th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Ctrl Alt 4.

Andy
June 9th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Good price too. Great signing.

Simon
June 9th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Ctrl Alt 4.

Nice one. Says a lot about my trust in you that I saved the document I'm working on before I tried that :D

El Capitano Gatisto
June 9th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Spartak Moscow are trying to get Aiden McGeady apparently, but he's not keen on moving to Russia. Not surprised, but it is time he left Celtic. The Scottish league is on its last legs and he's doing himself no favours hanging around.

Simon
June 9th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Yeah they are going to offer him something like 2m a year after tax aren't they? He would be lucky to get a quarter of that after tax in England right now. He's no Garry O'Connor.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 9th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Money isn't everything. If he did well at a mid-level Premier League club, he'd be in a better position to move to a bigger club down the line than he would be at Spartak.

Simon
June 9th, 2010, 11:26 AM
I think you will find that money is everything.

RFF Champ
June 10th, 2010, 3:51 AM
Fulham look like favourites to sign Mbokani from Standard Liege.

"I knew that Fulham are interested, I also know that Lucien D'Onorfio promised to help me get a transfer a year ago and he will respect his word," Mbokani told HLN.

"I now hope that Standard will find common ground with Fulham, a club I feel is ideal."

Standard have refused to confirm they are in talks, but the player's agent Fabio Baglio admitted Fulham were keen.

"Fulham is not the only club interested in Dieumerci, but I consider Fulham the best option," he said.

"I assume that the management of Stanard and I will have contact once they have reached agreement and then everything will proceed."

MMH
June 10th, 2010, 3:58 AM
Fulham look like favourites to sign Mbokani from Standard Liege.

"I knew that Fulham are interested, I also know that Lucien D'Onorfio promised to help me get a transfer a year ago and he will respect his word," Mbokani told HLN.

"I now hope that Standard will find common ground with Fulham, a club I feel is ideal."

Standard have refused to confirm they are in talks, but the player's agent Fabio Baglio admitted Fulham were keen.

"Fulham is not the only club interested in Dieumerci, but I consider Fulham the best option," he said.

"I assume that the management of Stanard and I will have contact once they have reached agreement and then everything will proceed."

That would be a weird move. Mbokani could do much better than a move to Fulham.

Like a move to Everton.....

RFF Champ
June 10th, 2010, 4:02 AM
London factor, I guess.

RFF Champ
June 10th, 2010, 4:36 AM
I noticed one of the Spurs ITKs has said that Ronaldinho wants to give the Premier League a go.

I know he got fat and dwindled but I'd still love to see him in England.

The Rosk
June 10th, 2010, 4:40 AM
I think I would pay everything I have and give up my Rajah account if I saw him play for Villa.

The Rosk
June 10th, 2010, 6:22 AM
There is talk of us going for Boussoufa. Could mean that Jimmy will be off. I really don't want him to go, he is genuinely my favourite player for so many reasons - but £28 million is too much to turn down. Thing is, that would be a £16 million profit. But if you look at where O'Neill has spent money, what the fuck are we going to do with that. I'll tell you. Stewart Downing.

Alf
June 10th, 2010, 6:24 AM
Has he tried playing downing in the middle like you said?

The Rosk
June 10th, 2010, 6:26 AM
He keeps swapping him round with Young all the time. That's it. He is slow and shit and makes little effort.

Andy
June 10th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Of all the keepers in the world, why are we going for Mark Schwarzer? He's a good keeper, but he's 38 this year ffs.

MMH
June 10th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Of all the keepers in the world, why are we going for Mark Schwarzer? He's a good keeper, but he's 38 this year ffs.

Probably a stop gap signing whilst he waits for someone he wants to come available?

That or he hasnt given up on Fabianski. Havnt you got another one out on loan somewhere who is supposed to be good too?

BBF
June 10th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Nah that Chesney bloke is proper shit.

Andy
June 10th, 2010, 11:10 AM
Torn says he's amazing yeah. We should just spunk a load of money on Lloris or Akinfeev or someone before they move on to bigger clubs, even Joe Hart. I've never known so many good young keepers to be available but we're going for Mark Schwarzer. :\

El Capitano Gatisto
June 10th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Lloris was only bought by Lyon a couple of years ago for about £13 million. It's not Football Manager you know.

Simon
June 10th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Who did they get Lloris from, I assumed he had come up through Lyon's youth setup. But yeah touting Lloris and Akinfeev as targets is as lazy and FM as it comes. Arsenal don't have the money for Akinfeev anyway, CSKA are minted and would want about €40m for him probably. Joe Hart would be a more realistic target, especially if he's kept out by Given again and forces a move away.

BBF
June 10th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Should try for Enyeama, Ochoa or Kameni :yes:

Simon
June 10th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Yeah or if you want any more tips ask Melv, he has player potential scouting 20.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 10th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Lloris was signed from Nice. He was very fucking impressive in the play-offs vs. Ireland, France's defence was an absolute shambles but he was immovable. Very cool, very brave and a great shot-stopper. If Arsenal do bid for him they certainly won't be the only side in for him.

France will need him this month as their defence appears to have got worse since. Abidal at centre-back for fuck's sake.

Simon
June 10th, 2010, 11:31 AM
A more reasonable target would be the lad Moya from Valencia, presumably he wouldn't cost a shitload seeing as they are brassy balls and he's a good keeper. Probably could be got at easily as well seeing as he's not one of the wonderkids they are so insistent on keeping.

Who are we kidding though, Wenger is going to stick with Almunia until Fabianski is old enough to come in and play badly in his place on a permanent basis.

Lazurus
June 10th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Lloris was at Nice; I think the fee was about half what ECG is saying though; we were after him at the time but could get Gomes at the same price.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 10th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Yeah it might not have been £13 million. But we're talking about a club with no financial worries who have excellent CL pedigree, it's not a matter of Arsenal just going out to buy a player from Lyon as if they're a Championship side.

Andy
June 10th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Yeah sorry for the unrealistic transfer targets lads, dunno what I was thinking of. How's Eto'o to Spurs coming along?

Simon
June 10th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Oh will you just fuck off you boring twat.

Chelsea have sold Stoch to Fenerbahce. Seems odd that they would sell him now when he is likely to start for Slovakia and could bump up his transfer fee by a few million with a good tournament. Him and Weiss on the wings should make Slovakia a good team to watch.

Ringo
June 10th, 2010, 1:57 PM
This has really disappointed me. I've watched him for a number of years now and rate him pretty highly. He did fucking great at Twente and deserved a shot. Not so bothered about the money really, but yes, it is rather odd.

Torn
June 10th, 2010, 2:06 PM
It could just turn out like that Nouble bloke you were annoyed about losing, a year later he's getting pushed around in League One by LEON LEGGE and looking rubbish.

Probably a stop gap signing whilst he waits for someone he wants to come available?

That or he hasnt given up on Fabianski. Havnt you got another one out on loan somewhere who is supposed to be good too?

The lad in my avatar he is disgustingly good. BBF is a cunt.

BBF
June 10th, 2010, 2:07 PM
Haha I wondered when you would come on and spot that.

Jakey Cole > Woshcyshys scshenazzy

Torn
June 10th, 2010, 2:08 PM
:lol:!

Lazurus
June 10th, 2010, 2:17 PM
Yeah sorry for the unrealistic transfer targets lads, dunno what I was thinking of. How's Eto'o to Spurs coming along?

With Iaquinta, Luis Fabiano and Falcao coming in I'm not sure where Eto'o would fit in. Good luck with signing Stephen Bywater though mate.

Bluemoon
June 10th, 2010, 5:29 PM

I don't see why your men don't offer us £10M for Hart and then you will be sorted for years. I would love us to keep Hart and prime him to replace Given but I don't think he will wait any longer.

Andy
June 10th, 2010, 11:02 PM
Krasic isn't deciding his future until after the WC: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11854_6200529,00.html

Where'd you hear he'd signed for Juve, Simon?

The Rosk
June 15th, 2010, 6:46 AM
A few rumours going round that Spurs are after Agbonlahor and are interested in offering us Keane for him. Bit of a weird one that. Not sure how I would feel to be honest.

Also heard that we are going after Pienaar along with Spurs. Not sure how we think we will attract him over the PROMISE of Champions League, but still. Might just be playing along to get the asking price down or something.

Lazurus
June 15th, 2010, 7:02 AM
I've heard varying things from straight swap for the two to we give you Keane AND £12m.

Silly season.

The Rosk
June 15th, 2010, 7:03 AM
I am pretty sure Gabby would be worth more than Keane at this point given their respective ages and the comparative seasons they have had. Given MON's negotiation skills I literally could believe anything I hear.

1_Pablo_Angel
June 15th, 2010, 1:40 PM
Fuck that thanks, Gabby is very good and will likely continue to improve. He's still got his legs. Serious doubts over whether Keane's completely lost it or not. Personally I'd take him for something reasonable like £7m but no more. And certainly not for the loss of Gabby.

Pienaar would be good. Linked with Arteta in the Sun today. Neither will happen.

Andy
June 15th, 2010, 1:52 PM
Riquelme off to West Ham apparently. How on earth can they afford him?

Ringo
June 15th, 2010, 1:53 PM
Well, they can't.

Andy
June 15th, 2010, 1:55 PM
Thought Gold and Sullivan were in to sort them out, but they're trying to get Henry, Joe Cole and Riquelme. Strange.

Andy
June 15th, 2010, 1:59 PM
YAYA on the verge of moving to England too apparently.

Ringo
June 15th, 2010, 2:02 PM
Yep, they said he'd agreed a contract with a Premier League club a couple of weeks back. Probably Man City.

Also, we've agreed a 4 year deal with Benayoun, but the clubs still can't agree on a fee apparently. Although Pini Zahavi (his agent) reckons it's going to happen for £6m.

BBF
June 15th, 2010, 2:03 PM
£6m is ridiculous.

Andy
June 15th, 2010, 2:04 PM
Yeah that sounds a bit crazy. Fuck off Man City, they have about 19 holding midfielders, we need YAYA more.

Ringo
June 15th, 2010, 2:04 PM
Hardly "ridiculous" mate. Ancelotti wants a proven Premiership creative type with lots of experience. Who else is he going to get for less than £6m?

Andy
June 15th, 2010, 2:06 PM
Why not just give Joe Cole the money he wants.

Torn
June 15th, 2010, 2:08 PM
Hardly "ridiculous" mate. Ancelotti wants a proven Premiership creative type with lots of experience. Who else is he going to get for less than £6m?

JOE COLE.

Ringo
June 15th, 2010, 2:09 PM
Because if we want to move forward financially, we've got to stop being careless and giving players whatever they want. If we gave him £120k a week everybody will be wanting that sort of money. Guys like Ivanovic, Anelka, Malouda etc. have more of a claim to that kind of contract based on last season's performances.

I wish we could've kept Joe, but I understand the line of thinking.

BBF
June 15th, 2010, 2:10 PM
£6m is too low. Yossi isn't better than Joe Cole.

Very odd transfer.

Andy
June 15th, 2010, 2:11 PM
Does it make more financial sense to give a 30 year old a 4 year contract?

Ringo
June 15th, 2010, 2:12 PM
Who said he was better than Joe Cole? :wtf:

If he's a replacement for anyone, it's Deco. And Benayoun's form over the last couple of seasons has definitely trumped Deco's to be fair.

BBF
June 15th, 2010, 2:14 PM
Just seems a downgrade for Chelsea and Liverpool losing one of their better players for a small sum.

Darkoke
June 15th, 2010, 2:15 PM
Does Deco really need replaced? How many games did he play last season?

Ringo
June 15th, 2010, 2:15 PM
Does it make more financial sense to give a 30 year old a 4 year contract?

Haha, well if he's still doing it at 34, then sure. Ancelotti likes his pensioners, doesn't he? I guess it's worked for him before :/

Ringo
June 15th, 2010, 2:18 PM
Does Deco really need replaced? How many games did he play last season?

He featured in 25 games. We're losing Ballack, Joey Cole and Deco (and who knows when Essien will be back properly?) and while I expect a couple of youngsters to be promoted, we definitely need to bring in a few new faces. Supposedly we've budgeted for two BIG signings. Probably a striker and a winger type or Ballack replacement.

Bluemoon
June 15th, 2010, 4:22 PM
Yeah that sounds a bit crazy. Fuck off Man City, they have about 19 holding midfielders, we need YAYA more.

Tell me about it, mental stuff.

I wouldn't mind Yaya though.

Ringo
June 15th, 2010, 4:25 PM
Yaya can do more than just hold, to be fair.

Bluemoon
June 15th, 2010, 4:26 PM
Yep true, I would want Milner first.

Red Dog
June 16th, 2010, 1:10 PM
http://www.thisisnottinghamforest.co.uk/news/Forest-hope-persuade-Shorey-drop-Championship/article-2299943-detail/article.html

PLEASE!

Lazurus
June 16th, 2010, 1:31 PM
http://www.thisisnottinghamforest.co.uk/news/Forest-hope-persuade-Shorey-drop-Championship/article-2299943-detail/article.html

PLEASE!

Six months ago there were reports that you were after Gareth Bale, now it's Shorey, who's next?

Red Dog
June 16th, 2010, 2:03 PM
Six months ago there were reports that you were after Gareth Bale, now it's Shorey, who's next?
Well we havent had a fit, recognised left back in the squad for 18 months so it is hardly suprising we are being linked with left backs.

It is worth pointing out to anyone who doesnt know that we were liked with Bale when he was rotting in your reserves.

Lazurus
June 16th, 2010, 4:54 PM
We don't have reserves anymore.

Ringo
June 18th, 2010, 7:45 AM
Toure's agent, the outspoken Dimitri Selcuk, now says that the completion of the deal is a mere formality and could be sealed as quickly as today, with City paying Barcelona somewhere between 27-30 million euros.

Selcuk told Spanish radio station Ona FM, "I think the deal is 95 percent done. Any agreement needs to be put into a document which everyone signs. Among the clubs, there is agreement. Now we must put it on paper, there are only technical issues."

Looks as though that'll be announced post-WC then. €30m? Sheesh.

Red Dog
June 18th, 2010, 8:47 AM
We don't have reserves anymore.
Rotting in Wales then.

We have allegedly bid for Nicky Shorey, Peter Whittingham and Darren Pratley.

If we get all three and don't lose any good players (Cohen, Earnshaw mainly) then we will be champions.

I'll bet that with anyone here.

Simon
June 21st, 2010, 6:31 AM
Wolves have signed Stephen Hunt from Hull. That's two good signings they have made already this summer in Hunt and Fletcher - I think they will keep themselves comfortably out of danger next season.

Gary J
June 21st, 2010, 7:45 AM
Three good signings they also nabbed Mouyokolo off us.

Ringo
June 21st, 2010, 8:11 AM
They also signed Algerian superstar Adlene Ghedioura on a permanent deal and notorious racist and Southampton legend Jelle van Damme.

Andy
June 21st, 2010, 10:02 PM
Apparently we're close to signing Lauren Koscielny from Lorient. Never heard of him but apparently their fans are up in arms about it as he's just had an excellent season.

Enyeama, Ozil and Kjaer also linked (again) today, as well as the usual story that Joe Cole will sign after the World Cup. Not sure about Enyeama, seems like a bit of a nutcase, but surely an improvement on what we have.

Beefy
June 22nd, 2010, 4:32 AM
Doesn't say much for your title challenge when you're looking to sign players from League One.

Beefy
June 22nd, 2010, 4:38 AM
It looks from the papers that Gary Hooper has chosen to join Middlesbrough ahead of Celtic. Idiot.

BBF
June 22nd, 2010, 4:44 AM
So has Nicky Bailey.

They are both pretty stupid.

Alf
June 22nd, 2010, 4:52 AM
Connor Wickham to Spurs appaz... anyone know anythign about him? He plays for Ipswich.

Beefy
June 22nd, 2010, 5:55 AM
Surprised at that because he was rumoured to be staying there. He's their great hope, apparently. Was likened to Rooney last season although he's barely played for their first team.

I think he'd have been better off staying there for another couple of years and cracking the first team at Portman Road rather than getting stuck in the reserves at Spurs.

Bluemoon
June 22nd, 2010, 7:55 AM
Looks as though that'll be announced post-WC then. €30m? Sheesh.

Absolutley crazy.

I hope a decent team buys Ireland from us.

The Rosk
June 22nd, 2010, 7:56 AM
We'll get him for Milner + £45million.

Bluemoon
June 22nd, 2010, 7:58 AM
Can't see us going for £45m, more like £30m.

Ringo
June 28th, 2010, 2:59 PM
Man City targer César Azpilicueta has just signed for Marseille for €7m. Surprised Man City didn't make a move for that price, he looked very promising indeed for Osasuna last season. Surely would have been an improvement over Zabaleta.

StevieV
June 28th, 2010, 3:11 PM
Connor Wickham to Spurs appaz... anyone know anythign about him? He plays for Ipswich.

BBC Sport said today that he was the best prospect of the England U-17 team that won the euro title in may. Nice.

Bluemoon
June 28th, 2010, 3:12 PM
Man City targer César Azpilicueta has just signed for Marseille for €7m. Surprised Man City didn't make a move for that price, he looked very promising indeed for Osasuna last season. Surely would have been an improvement over Zabaleta.

We are keeping faith in Richards and so we should.

Torn
June 28th, 2010, 3:21 PM
Wickham played against Brentford last year in pre season and was brilliant then APPAZ, strong lad and scored a belter. Our fans wanted him on loan at the start of the season but turned out he wasn't old enough to even be allowed on loan.

BBF
June 28th, 2010, 3:29 PM
I must admit, Edgecutioner, your knowledge of Brentford is very good for a new supporter.

Kudos.

Torn
June 28th, 2010, 3:32 PM
FUCK YOU :(

BBF
June 28th, 2010, 4:10 PM
Di Maria has signed for Real Madrid.

Can't work out if that is a good movement for either of them, tbh.

Gary J
June 28th, 2010, 4:14 PM
Juan Mata is off to Barcelona isn't he. Madrid would have been better off going for him he'd have been cheaper too.

I wonder if Edgecutioner loves Michael Turner i mean he should do with his brentford knowledge. He should love him like the sheperdess loved the chimney sweep.

Ringo
June 28th, 2010, 6:29 PM
Di Maria has signed for Real Madrid.

Can't work out if that is a good movement for either of them, tbh.

How so? Don't you think he'll play? Not sure how it would be a bad move for them anyway.

I'd have thought they'll go with:

Lass - Alonso

Kaka

Ronaldo - Higuain - Di Maria

Room for him there.

Ringo
June 28th, 2010, 6:36 PM
In other news:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6236539,00.html

Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini claims Tottenham have made a double bid for Simon Kjaer and Edinson Cavani.

A host of clubs have been linked with the highly-rated pair with Palermo resigned to losing the star duo this summer.

The likes of Manchester United, Manchester City and Inter Milan have been credited with an interest in Danish international Kjaer, while City and Wolfsburg are thought to be keen on Cavani.

However, Tottenham are hoping to steal a march on their rivals by making a double bid for both players.

Zamparini claims Spurs have tabled a bid of €35million (£28million) for Kjaer and Cavani and that the offer was too good to turn down.

"Tottenham have bid €35m, an offer we cannot refuse, seeing as the two players have both said they want to leave," Zamparini told Sky Italia television.

"We will reinvest the money for these players," assured Zamparini. "The midfield is my biggest concern, whereas in defence and attack we are fairly covered."

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp is keen to bolster his squad as he prepares for the Champions League next season and landing Kjaer and Cavani would be a major coup for the White Hart Lane outfit.

Oooh.

EDIT: Oh yeah forgot there was a Spurs-exclusive thread.

Lazurus
June 28th, 2010, 6:49 PM
I saw the same article the other day but with lots of if in it.

IF Spurs offered £28m we would have to accept it and invest it in the squad.

Hlebsfall
June 28th, 2010, 6:57 PM
How much hoarded Nazi loot has Daniel Levy got left, he loves chucking his sheckles around.

Lazurus
June 29th, 2010, 4:06 AM
Do we have to go into the finances again? We run at a considerable profit with only a small debt and therefore have money to throw around.

Alf
June 29th, 2010, 4:47 AM
In other news:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6236539,00.html

Oooh.

EDIT: Oh yeah forgot there was a Spurs-exclusive thread.

It's been rubbished. Apparently he is a bit of a loon. We've apaprently said we haven't made a bit. And then there is the fact that Cavani has said he wants to go to inter, so the rumour is that he's just trying to get Inter to enter the fray.

Although Harry did go and watch them play months ago, and there are quotes with him talking about Cavani and Kjaer.

I think they'd be great additions.

Lazurus
June 29th, 2010, 5:57 AM
Are we really sure we still need another centre back?

If if we lose Woodgate and only have 50% of Ledley King we still have Dawson, Bassong and Kaboul. Surely one of them will get no games all season if we bring someone else in.

Alf
June 29th, 2010, 6:37 AM
I expect Kaboul to stay as a RB. So that'd leave us with 2 and a half CBs. I think it is wise to get another CB in.

Either that or start blooding our youth. Walker can play CB, Naughton on the right. Otherwise what was the point in buying them?

Lazurus
June 29th, 2010, 6:50 AM
Exactly and with that in mind what about Dervite? How long do we wait for him to come good?

We've also got Hutton back and we need to do something with him, with Corluka, Hutton, Walker and Naughton is there any reason for Kaboul to be a RB?

Alf
June 29th, 2010, 7:19 AM
Well he was immense there towards the end of last season. That's a reason.

I'd expect we'd be shipping Hutton out. Naughton (or is it walker?) has already been shipped out on loan. Corluka struggled last season so it's up to him to win his place back.

Lazurus
June 29th, 2010, 7:49 AM
Naughton was on loan at Boro but it was just for 6 months. They want him back but I don't think we've agreed to send him back yet. Walker was back with us at the end of last season.

Alf
June 29th, 2010, 7:55 AM
No, I mean a deal has been agreed to send one of them out on loan next season already. I can't or my life remember who it is... Ipswich springs to mind for some reason.

MMH
June 29th, 2010, 9:08 AM
We have agreed a fee with some young Strasbourg striker whos name is pronounced a gay guy.

Brilliant.

Simon
June 29th, 2010, 9:14 AM
Kyle Walker to Pompey was the rumour wasn't it Alfred?

It seems like we are bursting a bollock to get Richards signed with a view to using him as a centre back.

MMH
June 30th, 2010, 7:43 AM
Looks like David Silva has signed for Manchester City. 31M by all accounts.

Bluemoon
June 30th, 2010, 7:55 AM
Crazy money once again but I guess that's how it goes.

Gary J
June 30th, 2010, 8:42 AM
£31m is a very good deal if Milner is worth £30m. If the little match girl had adjusted her prices like that maybe she would have sold more and not been beaten by her father.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 30th, 2010, 8:43 AM
That's a tremendous signing. Silva is a brilliant player. He's had injury problems over the past season or so but I think he's going to be up there with the best in the world if he manages to shake those off properly.

Bad Collin
June 30th, 2010, 8:43 AM
£31m is a very good deal if Milner is worth £30m. If the little match girl had adjusted her prices like that maybe she would have sold more and not been beaten by her father.

Didn't she go to Galatasaray in the end?

Gary J
June 30th, 2010, 8:49 AM
Not sure last i heard she got caught up in some scandal with some french footballer. I think some evertonians started a rumor she was off to liverpool at one point as she was supposedly mates with Gerrard.

Bad Collin
June 30th, 2010, 8:53 AM
She defo signed a pre contract agreement with Arsenal Wenger.

Gary J
June 30th, 2010, 8:57 AM
Yeah i think he tempted her with a packet of sweets and a cheeky smile.