PDA

View Full Version : The Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

Simon
June 10th, 2011, 1:19 PM
Well everyone was creaming themselves over Hazard but the Guardian's French football correspondent reckoned Gervinho was their real star last year. I remember seeing him at the Olympics in 2009 (?) and thinking he looked a bit tasty, can't remember much about him though.

Lagom
June 10th, 2011, 1:30 PM
:lol:

Gerrard being rotated.

Good one.

Gerrard sat out the last 3 months of the season and we played better. Henderson needs game time, as do Lucas and Mereiles.

You adding something worthwhile here..

:lol: Good one.

Beefy
June 10th, 2011, 1:33 PM
Red Dog is right. Gerrard will play every game that he is fit for.

Red Dog
June 10th, 2011, 1:56 PM
Gerrard sat out the last 3 months of the season and we played better. Henderson needs game time, as do Lucas and Mereiles.

You adding something worthwhile here..

:lol: Good one.
Oh right so he was dropped for 3 months was he?

Typical Liverpool fan to be honest.

Your talisman for the last God knows how many years and England regular is going to be rotated with a 20 year old with 1 season under his belt.

Its not Champ Manager pal. if Gerrard was dropped he would slap a transfer request in quicker than half your lot can sign on. And rightly so.

Rip
June 10th, 2011, 2:15 PM
Supposedly we're having Cabaye in for a medical and a press conference to announce the signing tomorrow. He's playing for France now though. I wish they would just getitdun.

Done, 5 year deal.

Lagom
June 10th, 2011, 2:19 PM
He wasn't dropped, he was given time to get over his injuries, something that he hasn't been afforded in the past, because the manager thought we could cope just fine without him, which we did. It's not like we'd given up and had nothing to play for, up until the last 2 weeks we were on course for Europa qualification.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect any player, regardless of their stature or past contribution level to be rotated when necessary. Gerrard is 31 and played 24 games last season, compared to over 40 every season dating back to when he was 20. He's had injuries in those seasons, but nothing that's forced him out like this did, age will soon be catching up with him. If, as he's said himself, Henderson is to be his long-term replacement, then he needs game time, and if he's going to be playing in a similar role to Gerrard, he'll benefit from playing instead of him, and not with him.

I'm not saying Gerrard should be dropped completely, but what's the sense in paying a reported £16m to bring in potential if he's not going to play competitive football to fulfill it?

As for typical Liverpool fan.. Snore.

If it's okay for Darron Gibson.... Darron, Gibson, to rotate in for Paul Scholes, there's no reason why Gerrard letting Henderson get some games under his belt should be such a foreign concept.

Red Dog
June 10th, 2011, 2:30 PM
Paul Scholes is 36 and has just retired.

What a shit comparison.

Simon
June 10th, 2011, 2:45 PM
Football finances are just mad aren't they. One of the key players of the champions of France moves for £4m, less than a quarter of what an average player in a struggling Premier League side costs. Mental.

Winkle van Tinkle
June 11th, 2011, 5:13 AM
Bebe off to Besiktas on a season loan with a view to a permanent £2m move.

Lagom
June 11th, 2011, 7:02 AM
Paul Scholes is 36 and has just retired.

What a shit comparison.

Well dione on reading the last paragraph and assuming it was in summation of my entire point, you chopper.

RuneEdge
June 11th, 2011, 7:27 AM
Apparantly we're looking to bid £20m for Eden Hazard. We're being linked to everyone now.

Winkle van Tinkle
June 11th, 2011, 7:29 AM
Just what you need.

RuneEdge
June 11th, 2011, 7:35 AM
Central midfielders is what we need.

Winkle van Tinkle
June 11th, 2011, 7:38 AM
Yeah, i was being SARCASTIC YOU FACKING WANKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

On a side note, is it common knowledge that the daily mirrors oliver holt is the son of emily bishop out of coronation street?

RuneEdge
June 11th, 2011, 7:42 AM
:$

Winkle van Tinkle
June 11th, 2011, 7:48 AM
:heart:

WANKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

:wanker:

Simon
June 13th, 2011, 9:17 AM
Mik, we are asking for £10m from you for Crouch apparently, so you'd probably get him for £7-8m.

Simon
June 13th, 2011, 9:18 AM
Also we have offered Woodgate a pay-as-you-play deal with a very low basic wage deal apparently.

son_of_foley
June 13th, 2011, 9:23 AM
10m for Crouch fucking hell

son_of_foley
June 13th, 2011, 9:33 AM
One of the NI boards is indicating Blackburn are holding up the Jones deal because they wanted Evans and were told to fuck off and Bruce asked for Evans and was also told to fuck off

Simon
June 13th, 2011, 10:24 AM
I am really having trouble understanding this whole Jones thing. Is it Venky's again displaying their total lack of understanding of the English game? If they are genuinely trying to deny the validity of the release fee on the basis that it 'only' says that clubs can talk to him at that price, they are going to make fools of themselves. No court is going to accept that argument, surely - it's beyond implicit that 'being allowed to talk to' means that they will be able to complete the deal at that price.

I wish the season would hurry up and start.

son_of_foley
June 13th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Huw Jenkins is doing the same thing at Swansea

Simon
June 13th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Jones has signed for United now, £16.5m. Above the reported £16m release clause, but barely...maybe it was just inaccurate reporting, managing to get an extra £500k seems like that little Chinese bird managing to get a penny off the agreed price in The Apprentice.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 13th, 2011, 10:40 AM
It sounds like it was pure chancery from Blackburn, they were delaying it in the hope another club would make a bigger bid and Phil Jones would somehow decide he didn't fancy joining United after all. I can't see how they can refuse to complete a deal with a stated release clause. Why would Jones or his advisors agree a deal where a release fee doesn't mean he can actually join another club once it is met? He wouldn't, it's absurd.

Pablo Diablo
June 13th, 2011, 10:51 AM
I read something about how there are incentives in the deal so to speak that can get it up to above 20m if he makes a certain amount of appearances and United win a certain amount of silverware. So maybe they will end up getting more.

Simon
June 13th, 2011, 10:51 AM
It sounds like it was pure chancery from Blackburn, they were delaying it in the hope another club would make a bigger bid and Phil Jones would somehow decide he didn't fancy joining United after all. I can't see how they can refuse to complete a deal with a stated release clause. Why would Jones or his advisors agree a deal where a release fee doesn't mean he can actually join another club once it is met? He wouldn't, it's absurd.

It certainly sounds pretty stupid, but I suppose it would just be an exaggerated version of people thinking that release fees apply the world over, when they often only apply in the country the club plays in, like whenSpanish players have buyout clauses but it only applies if they are sold to other Spanish teams etc.

I reckon it's just Venky's being idiots and dickheads. They know nothing about the way football works and are trying to cut corners all over the place. The woman who owns the company said she expected Blackburn to achieve something ridiculous like sixth or fourth, then came out and said they would have a transfer budget of £5m.

Alf
June 13th, 2011, 11:00 AM

This may sound a bit racist.... but it really isn't...

This is just how Indians do business. It's cultural. They'll nail a deal down then try and squeeze a bit more out of you. "Ok, so now we've agreed that it'll cost me x... now that's agreed, I think you can probably go lower... if you do it for x them we can move forward."

Happens every time with the injuns I deal with.

Middle Easterns are even worst. They are actually insane.

Alf
June 13th, 2011, 11:02 AM
It certainly sounds pretty stupid, but I suppose it would just be an exaggerated version of people thinking that release fees apply the world over, when they often only apply in the country the club plays in, like whenSpanish players have buyout clauses but it only applies if they are sold to other Spanish teams etc.

I reckon it's just Venky's being idiots and dickheads. They know nothing about the way football works and are trying to cut corners all over the place. The woman who owns the company said she expected Blackburn to achieve something ridiculous like sixth or fourth, then came out and said they would have a transfer budget of £5m.

See... to them that's not stupid at all. They'll see it as a "If they do it then we are laughing, and then we'll be justified. If they don't do it then we'll complain, but really we knew they couldn't do it anyway.".

RuneEdge
June 13th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Jones has signed for United now, £16.5m. Above the reported £16m release clause, but barely...maybe it was just inaccurate reporting, managing to get an extra £500k seems like that little Chinese bird managing to get a penny off the agreed price in The Apprentice.

Yeah but you remember how happy she was, right?

El Capitano Gatisto
June 13th, 2011, 11:05 AM
No, the Spanish clauses don't apply even to other Spanish clubs. They're something different, they're basically a guideline agreement value between the club and the player at which both would be happy to do business, but there's no legal obligation for the club to accept it. I can't remember exactly, Sid Lowe or Any Brassell explained it one time and it's not simply a matter of clubs just bidding it and being able to sign a player.

Simon
June 13th, 2011, 11:07 AM
They will quickly have it bite them on the arse and find that clubs won't want to do business with them though. We have found in the past that maintaining relations with clubs is actually more important than you would think for such a money-oriented system. Sevilla supposedly refused outright to come to the table for talks about Capel when we went for him after the way the Ramos deal went down, and the same when we tried to sign Parker last year because of the Olympic Stadium stuff with West Ham. Obviously money will talk at the end of the day but you've got a much better chance of getting a deal that's good to all parties if you don't try to cunt everyone off all the time. We seem to maintain fairly good relationships with most clubs despite Levy squeezing them for every last penny with his Jew tentacles.

Simon
June 13th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Charlie Adam joining Liverpool in the next day or so according to Eurosport. £10m.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 13th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Thank fuck for that

Simon
June 13th, 2011, 12:32 PM
It'll be very interesting to see how Liverpool do next year. They're spending big money, the sort of money that you would think could lead to a title challenge...but IMO they just aren't buying players that will take them forward. Is Adam as good as Meireles? Is Henderson as good as Lucas? Clichy has been crap for years, and they've missed out on Young and Jones...the money they're spending is impressive, but I'm not sure any of the signings they have made/are on the verge of making have been impressive so far.

Mik
June 13th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Mik, we are asking for £10m from you for Crouch apparently, so you'd probably get him for £7-8m.

I havent heard it bandied about anywhere. I've heard that Crouch is quite high on the pecking order, so it would probably take a reasonable amount to get him away, so £10m would probably be about right. If we could get him for £7-£8m we'll defo go for it, unfortunately.

Winkle van Tinkle
June 13th, 2011, 12:48 PM
£30m on Henderson and Adam.

Never have I been less jealous of a rival spending that sort of money.

Bad Collin
June 13th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Another fucking central midfielder :wtf:

The Rosk
June 13th, 2011, 12:54 PM
£65million on Henderson, Adam and Carroll. Fucking hell Liverpool. You could have bought Downing for that.

Bad Collin
June 13th, 2011, 1:00 PM
I'm not believing this Adam shit until it is official. We should put that money towards a left back.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 13th, 2011, 1:13 PM
Shelvey on loan to Blackpool for a year?

Chris Scott
June 13th, 2011, 2:06 PM
Yeah I'm not having the Adam stuff yet until it's official.

RFF Champ
June 13th, 2011, 2:12 PM
Apparently the hold up with De Gea is to do with his agent. Jorge Mendes has been negotiating the deal for him to move to Man Utd but De Gea doesn't officially become Mendes' client until July 1st. His current agents are disputing this and saying he's theirs until the end of the transfer window.

Simon
June 13th, 2011, 2:22 PM
Jorge Mendes must have some serious stroke among the top clubs. Supposedly United spent all that money on Bebe to tickle Mendes' arsehole a little bit.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 13th, 2011, 2:50 PM
Defoe to Arsenal?

Simon
June 13th, 2011, 3:01 PM
Someone mentioned that the other day. Very much doubt it, but wouldn't be against it if we managed to get someone better than him in first. He's a busted flush I think, unfortunately. He was never the quickest so people saying he's lost his pace are a bit off, but he's lost that sharpness that used to find him a yard to get a shot off.

RuneEdge
June 13th, 2011, 3:34 PM
Looks like the O'Shea/Gibson/Brown transfer to Sunderland is still on. Gibson's apparantly agreed to a £5m move, and now its onto the other two.
If the total combined price reaches the rumoured £12m, that'll be a huge chunk of the Phil Jones transfer covered. So not a bad move in that sense.

It still leaves all the following defenders still at our club.

Vidic
Rio
Evra
Fabio
Rafael
Evans
Smalling
Jones
de Laet
+ 4 other reserve guys.

That's 4 full backs and 5 center halves so I think we can live with that.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 13th, 2011, 3:54 PM
Brown is off to Everton last I heard

Simon
June 14th, 2011, 5:15 AM
Lille have confirmed that they are in talks with Arsenal about Gervinho.

Bad Collin
June 14th, 2011, 6:09 AM
I'm glad we are not involved, we need to save our money and get a few more centre mids in.

son_of_foley
June 14th, 2011, 7:45 AM
isnt it a bit weird that skybet run bets on transfers and also report the transfer gossip? I mean is there any guidelines in place for them to validate what the report as it impacts on betting markets they run? it just seems a little incestuous

Keano's Magic Hat
June 14th, 2011, 9:46 AM
Is Adam definitely off to Liverpool? I have this horrible feeling that we'll make a late bid and he'll be a Manchester United player next season :ashamed:

Andy
June 14th, 2011, 12:04 PM
It's all kicking off.

Neymar to Real is reportedly done and they're supposedly in talks with Aguero. Is it possible that Benzema or even Higuain will leave? :eek:

Diarra and Gago will definitely be off and Coentrao is supposedly close to joining them too.

Jerome Boateng is going to Bayern, paving the way for a big City bid to Cahill or that bloke from Ajax. Adebayor is officially back at City after Real didn't take up their option, Milan want him.

Newcastle and Liverpool are interested in shitloads of French league players.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 14th, 2011, 12:11 PM
£12m + Denilson for Willian

Shakhtar are holding out for a bid of £10m

Simon
June 14th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Ahahahaha

Bad Collin
June 14th, 2011, 2:48 PM
Blackpool chairman Karl Oyston has confirmed that "preliminary discussions" have taken place with Liverpool over Charlie Adam but insists it is too early to speculate on the level of interest in the midfielder.

The Scotland international is widely expected to leave Bloomfield Road this summer after the Seasiders' relegation from the Premier League, having excelled in the top flight last season and requested a transfer in January.

A number of clubs tried to sign Adam during the winter and Liverpool are now thought to have resumed their pursuit of the 25-year-old, with talks expected to take place later this week.

Oyston admits there has been contact regarding a possible move but has made it clear that no offers have yet been received.

He told the Blackpool Gazette: "We've had a few discussions this summer but nothing conclusive so really there is nothing to report.

"Are the reports wide of the mark? I'm sure that football clubs have talks with lots of players all summer that they probably shouldn't do.

"I'm sure that goes on. If January is anything to go by that is certainly the case.

"It is always difficult (when speculation starts)."

Asked to confirm Liverpool had made contact, he replied: "We've had a few very preliminary discussions and enquiries but nothing of any substance so there really is nothing to report at this stage about interest from anyone."

Yes! Hopefully that is as far as it goes unless they let him go dirt cheap.

RFF Champ
June 14th, 2011, 3:25 PM
isnt it a bit weird that skybet run bets on transfers and also report the transfer gossip? I mean is there any guidelines in place for them to validate what the report as it impacts on betting markets they run? it just seems a little incestuous

Their odds rarely reflect their stories. It just goes to show the amount of shit that Sky Sports come up with nowadays. They are just as bad as any of the tabloids at making stuff up, in my eyes.

RFF Champ
June 14th, 2011, 3:48 PM
We've biddeded for Mervut Erding of PSG. Good finisher and a lot of pace I've read and all for a bargain 9mil.

It's rumoured that Demba Ba is in for a medical on Friday too.

Some comments from Pardew about Gameiro and Gervinho too which shows our intent which cannot be faulted:

"We had a bit of a disappointment with Kevin Gameiro as he has decided to go elsewhere," said Pardew. "We made a fantastic offer to the club and to him, but these things happen.

"We tried very hard on that one, but we always knew there would be setbacks along the way and we have always had other people in mind, deals we have been trying to keep to ourselves for obvious reasons."

BBF
June 14th, 2011, 3:51 PM
BIDDEDED

Keano's Magic Hat
June 14th, 2011, 3:57 PM
fucking biddeded :D

El Capitano Gatisto
June 14th, 2011, 4:01 PM
Some guy on my Facebook is on about Liverpool moving Meireles on to make room for Charlie Adam? I haven't seen that anywhere. That would be a ludicrous bit of business. Really mad. I liked Liverpool's tactics under Dalgish, but Adam wouldn't work in them, he's too fat. They were doing so well because they had loads of energy in midfield, players who could sit in to break down the opposition then break forward at pace. Manchester United and Chelsea couldn't cope with it at all. Charlie Adam is a bit of the "Emporer's New Clothes" about him, decent footballer and can pick out a good pass, but hardly belongs at a side aiming for the CL or challenging for the title. Meireles is much more useful and he showed a very good idea for goals last season.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 14th, 2011, 4:06 PM
Paolo Bandini from the Guardian has said that the Gazzetta's live transfer blog is reporting Manchester United are in talks to sign Alexis Sanchez too. That one is probably going to be this summer's boring transfer saga. First Barcelona were about to sign him, then Man City outed as favourites today and now Man U are in for him again. Not one of those teams could be said to really need him, especially at the prices being touted, unless City get rid of Tevez I suppose.

RFF Champ
June 14th, 2011, 4:08 PM
West Ham have signed Abdoulaye Faye which means this is the third time that Allardyce has signed him.

BBF
Are you sure they haven't signededed him?

1_Pablo_Angel
Maybe Big Eck could make a late swoop for Sanchez dwid08jd3ij0noFUCKOFF

Andy
June 14th, 2011, 4:21 PM
Looks like Gervinho to Arsenal then. You been hearing this as well Alex? Don't really know what to make of it, don't know enough about him. Now let's get Higuain, Samba and some competition for Song.

Andy
June 14th, 2011, 4:23 PM
Also that Ricky Alvarez is going to Roma possibly. Someone at ESPN jumped the gun and said we'd signed him a while ago when we were only talking to the club. Apparently a good talent but no value for £12m which is what they're asking for.

RFF Champ
June 14th, 2011, 4:33 PM
Looks like Gervinho to Arsenal then. You been hearing this as well Alex? Don't really know what to make of it, don't know enough about him. Now let's get Higuain, Samba and some competition for Song.

Yeah, most people seem to be reporting that now.

It's a shame, if rumours are to be believed then we were the first club to make contact with Lille and agree a fee and Gervinho verbally agreed to join us but then perhaps down to advisors or realisation that we won't be in the CL anytime soon decided against it.

RFF Champ
June 14th, 2011, 4:35 PM
I do think that this will lead to us signing Charlie N'zogbia back. I know he used to bang on about going to a bigger club all the time but he only left when he did because he didn't like Kinnear.

Cabaye made some comments about how Charlie had recommended Newcastle to him too.

Bad Collin
June 14th, 2011, 5:06 PM
Have you bought that left back yet, we need to sign Enrique off you soon.

Bennedy
June 14th, 2011, 5:10 PM
I think you'll find that you are getting Clichy instead.

Bad Collin
June 14th, 2011, 5:14 PM
We could do with both

RFF Champ
June 14th, 2011, 5:28 PM
It has gone quiet over Taylor. I don't think he's a direct replacement anyway.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 14th, 2011, 7:01 PM
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Sunderland-send-Asamoah-Gyan-for-sale-email-to-top-clubs-EXCLUSIVE-article746986.html

Bad Collin
June 14th, 2011, 7:08 PM
Has he been fucking Bruce's daughter too?

Keano's Magic Hat
June 14th, 2011, 7:16 PM
fuck knows, but I can imagine both Spurs and Arsenal being interested in signing him.

Bad Collin
June 14th, 2011, 7:22 PM
I want him to come to Liverpool and team up with Suarez :)

Perhaps they will accept a straight swap for Ngog.

son_of_foley
June 15th, 2011, 4:09 AM
Arsenal should get in there if only to stop Spurs

Simon
June 15th, 2011, 4:22 AM
Come on Harry snap him up you saggy cunt.

Mik
June 15th, 2011, 5:23 AM
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Sunderland-send-Asamoah-Gyan-for-sale-email-to-top-clubs-EXCLUSIVE-article746986.html

Has he been fucking Bruce's daughter too?

You know what, this wouldnt at all surprise me, although it infuriates me. I wouldnt be surprised if we got Gyan in the first place off the strength of our Ghana congingent at Sunderland. Since then we let Mensah go, didnt take Muntari and have had to let Wellbeck (Ghanaian heritage I believe) go back to Man Utd. I thought that we should've taken Muntari anyway, so I'll be annoyed if we have to let Gyan go when given Muntari a deal would've helped make him a lot more comfortable here. Sadly, I think that if he wants to go, we'll end up being held to ransom by Tottenham and probably accepting Crouch and a couple of measly million for Gyan which wont even cover what we paid for him in the first place. It'd be different if I thought that we'd get £25m or something for him and could use it, the Henderson and the Bent money to completely rebuild the team for now and the future. But I cant see that happening. I'm losing faith in Bruce.

Not happy.

Simon
June 15th, 2011, 5:27 AM
It probably doesn't help that I imagine there isn't a big Ghanaian community in Sunderland. This is something that is often underestimated when foreign players are thinking of coming to England, the appeal of London is at least partly because there are all these immigrant communities that can help a player to fit in. I remember that Korean lad that played for Reading called Seol deliberately engineered a move to Fulham specifically because there is a thriving Korean community in West London.

RuneEdge
June 15th, 2011, 6:27 AM
OMGZ WE GOING FOR SANCHEZ :hyper:

Keano's Magic Hat
June 15th, 2011, 6:30 AM
We won't sign him, but it's true that Gill flew out to Barcelona (where Udinese's owner lives) to try and work a deal.

This is all very odd. Are we going to line up with 10 wingers next year?

Bad Collin
June 15th, 2011, 6:31 AM
Source?

Simon
Surely if you get Sanchez you won't go for Young.

Simon
Source?

Ketchup please, WOOP WOOP

Alf
June 15th, 2011, 6:32 AM
I like Gyan a lot. We should bite their bloody hands off.

Alf
June 15th, 2011, 6:33 AM
Source?

It was int he Metro today.

Simon
June 15th, 2011, 6:34 AM
Would be a shame to sign him if we let them have Crouch, if only because it would kill the potential of a goal involving Colback/Gyan/Crouch leading to a headline about Jack and the Gyan Beanstalk.

Bad Collin
June 15th, 2011, 6:36 AM
Quinn has said the Gyan stuff is bollocks.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 15th, 2011, 6:45 AM
Source?

It's everywhere. The telegraph, guardian, mirror, sun, gazzetta dello sport. Some latin ESPN broadcast 'confirmed' the deal last night.. £27m and 90k a week. They then went onto speak to a person involved in the deal who said Sanchez would be flying to Manchester this morning.

Here are some quotes from Sir Alex over the past couple of years:

“We have looked at Sanchez and he has impressed us, as have other players,”Ferguson said.
“He has had very good games and is an interesting project.

“We have gathered some background, as with other footballers at his level, but nothing more than this – for the moment.”

"He's a young player with a very promising future," "Sanchez has so much talent, that if he continues his progression, he could reach the level of Cristiano Ronaldo

And a Chilean teammate responding to similar rumours a while ago:

“All Alexis wants is to play for Manchester United. He’d give anything for that.”

-----------------

so i don't doubt we are interested, but I just can't see us going all out to sign him when we already have Young lined up.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 15th, 2011, 6:54 AM
Sanchez isn't seen as a winger long-term, more an attacking midfielder, according to most stuff I have read or heard about him. His best form has apparently come this season after being moved into the middle.

It could mean that Nani is going to be cashed in on. But it doesn't really make sense for any of the sides involved in the bidding to go all out for him unless he is very highly rated.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 15th, 2011, 6:57 AM
From what I've seen of him, I couldn't imagine him playing anywhere other than the wing. Perhaps as a second striker, but I doubt he's as good as Rooney there.

Sanchez is so obviously a United player as far as his playing style goes. I think I've mentioned it before, but he's far too direct to go into the Barcelona side and be a success right away. He gets the ball down and runs with it and tries to create or score a goal everytime he touches the ball. Ridiculously exciting to watch.

turdpower
June 15th, 2011, 6:59 AM
This is all a bit mental.

Bad Collin
June 15th, 2011, 7:04 AM
Fucking hell :(

Keano's Magic Hat
June 15th, 2011, 7:07 AM
We're not going to sign him, ffs. Come on, do you really think we'd go for Young if we intended to sign Sanchez? This is David Gill at his finest, he's the best I've seen in my lifetime at 'attempted' signings

turdpower
June 15th, 2011, 7:08 AM
Was reading today that only Gibson is really up for going to Sunderland. O'Shea wants to stay full stop and Brown doesn't want to move house.

We're obviously going to sell more to fund this ridiculous spending that never seems to end.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 15th, 2011, 7:10 AM
Nani and Berbatov most certainly off, IMO.

A fucking shame, too.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 15th, 2011, 7:12 AM
From what I've seen of him, I couldn't imagine him playing anywhere other than the wing. Perhaps as a second striker, but I doubt he's as good as Rooney there.

Sanchez is so obviously a United player as far as his playing style goes. I think I've mentioned it before, but he's far too direct to go into the Barcelona side and be a success right away. He gets the ball down and runs with it and tries to create or score a goal everytime he touches the ball. Ridiculously exciting to watch.

Well he has been playing centrally for most of this season, like I said, and this is why clubs are now after him. Although, can't remember who, but I heard some journo saying the worry would be that if an English side signed him, they would use him purely as a winger or wide midfielder and probably drop him due to his lack of defensive responsibility.

turdpower
June 15th, 2011, 7:13 AM
They are the only obvious ones where we'd get "big" money for anyway.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 15th, 2011, 7:19 AM
He's played a lot of this season just off the striker, ECG. Correct.

But as I said, that would mean shifting Rooney into a position where he isn't as good, and he's our most important player.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 15th, 2011, 7:24 AM
Anyway, it sounds like Udinese are meeting with every club in for Sanchez and it'll probably come down to who pays the most.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 15th, 2011, 7:25 AM
Exactly.

Beefy
June 15th, 2011, 7:29 AM
I think Valencia could thrive in the middle if given a chance there.

Andy
June 15th, 2011, 7:34 AM
I've seen Valencia run the show for Ecuador (?) in the middle before. Great drive and strength but with energy and discipline to get back.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 15th, 2011, 7:35 AM
That's where he started out and where he has played for Ecuador, apparently. He's been converted to a winger. United moved him central once this season, against Bolton at home I think, and he was superb.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 15th, 2011, 7:37 AM
Valencia's greatest attributes are perfectly suited to a wide position, and his shortcomings would be shown up big time in a central midfield role. In fact, I'd say of all our wingers, he's the player least likely to do well in central midfield.

Yes, he's done okay for Ecuador there, but they're ranked 64th in the world- it's not exactly the same as playing centrally for United.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 15th, 2011, 7:38 AM
anyway, who needs central midfielders? 10 wingers is the future

El Capitano Gatisto
June 15th, 2011, 7:39 AM
Sky Sports reporting Kevin Nolan to West Ham. Is he really that desperate to play for Sam Allardyce that he would drop a division at this stage in his career? Or maybe he has big £ signs lighting up in his eyes.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 15th, 2011, 7:41 AM
Fulham were are also interested in Nolan. I can't see him going down to the Championship.. he's definitely a good premier league level player

son_of_foley
June 15th, 2011, 7:42 AM
Hes a dickhead though he was offered a sizeable extension to his contract and he's pushing for how many more years?

turdpower
June 15th, 2011, 8:29 AM
YouTube - ‪Sash - Ecuador‬‏

Keano's Magic Hat
June 15th, 2011, 8:39 AM
Alexis Sanchez quote: “Manchester United has been my dream all my life and they would be my first choice”

it's on :hyper:

Keano's Magic Hat
June 15th, 2011, 8:40 AM
Has anybody here seen a lot of Gervinho? I've seen him at a couple of international tournaments, and to be honest, the only thing I really remember about him is that ridiculous hairline. So, is he a good signing for Arsenal?

Keano's Magic Hat
June 15th, 2011, 8:49 AM
Sky Sports reporting Kevin Nolan to West Ham. Is he really that desperate to play for Sam Allardyce that he would drop a division at this stage in his career? Or maybe he has big £ signs lighting up in his eyes.

Joey Barton on twitter

Great player, leader, captain, person, trainer and mostly a friend for life. Devastated to see him SOLD! #mejoseandjonasnext

:shocked: :D

Winkle van Tinkle
June 15th, 2011, 8:53 AM
Has anybody here seen a lot of Gervinho? I've seen him at a couple of international tournaments, and to be honest, the only thing I really remember about him is that ridiculous hairline. So, is he a good signing for Arsenal?

Seen fuck all of him to be fair. I assume he's being brought in to help continue our annual January collapse when he fucks off to the ACN.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 15th, 2011, 8:56 AM
Winkle, know anything about this being Wenger's last season in England? Heard that Paris Saint-Germain have had talks with Wenger, and the Qataris that own the club are willing to offer him huge cash to take the job.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 15th, 2011, 9:02 AM
Heard it from a French journalist on the radio, btw, who claims to have 'close links' with PSG.

Andy
June 15th, 2011, 9:04 AM
Leonardo is going to be DOF at PSG apparently.

Simon
June 15th, 2011, 9:06 AM
Ahahaha I fucking love Joey Barton. Although Nolan is a chump if he goes.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 15th, 2011, 9:08 AM
Leonardo is going to be DOF at PSG apparently.

Yup, and they now have the financial power to keep their best players. They're also being linked with some very good players and could be quite the force in a couple of years. Wouldn't be surprised if Wenger joins them, to be honest. He owns a place just across the road from their stadium and often talks about the 'potential' the club has.

Simon
June 15th, 2011, 9:27 AM
Nolan leaving should leave us free to sign Parker hopefully, get it done Big Sam you fucking cunt.

RuneEdge
June 15th, 2011, 9:38 AM
Alexis Sanchez quote: “Manchester United has been my dream all my life and they would be my first choice”

it's on :hyper:

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

Mik
June 15th, 2011, 9:48 AM
Quinn has said the Gyan stuff is bollocks.

Aye http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/06/15/2533097/sunderland-chairman-niall-quinn-hits-out-at-press-following?

If Quinn says that its not true, then its 100% not true. I trust him more than my own father.

It is a particularly apt rumour to be started from teams who hope to unsettle him.

Simon
June 15th, 2011, 9:55 AM
Any evidence for that last comment Mik?

Mik
June 15th, 2011, 9:59 AM
If people wanted to unsettle Gyan in order to try and buy him, that would be an apt rumour to start.

Why do I need to provide evidence for that? Its common sense.

Andy
June 15th, 2011, 9:59 AM
Yeah Wenger will either go to PSG of the France national team eventually.

Simon
June 15th, 2011, 10:02 AM
If people wanted to unsettle Gyan in order to try and buy him, that would be an apt rumour to start.

Why do I need to provide evidence for that? Its common sense.

Well you don't have to, but without any evidence it just comes across as bitter, unverified rubbish. It's far more likely that the rumour was started by the papers who want something to write about ie. what they do every single day in the red-tops (this article came from the Mirror didn't it?). Why would a manager/chief exec/whoever bother fictionalising a story and getting a tabloid to print it when they can just come out and say they like the player which will immediately create the same effect without any of the hassle. Your logic doesn't make sense, you're jumping to an unlikely conclusion which is why I asked if there was any evidence for it.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 15th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Niall Quinn said it was designed to unsettle the player, so that would be evidence for it.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 15th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Also, there is a big difference between a club exec leaking the story that their club wants a player, and the very specific report that Sunderland had been hawking the player for sale themselves. Any player in Gyan's position would probably be pretty upset if they heard their club was offering them for transfer via e-mail.

Simon
June 15th, 2011, 10:08 AM
He said "probably". It isn't evidence any more than Mik's post is evidence. It's just someone who has the hump moaning about something that is going against his team. I'm not saying that it's not true, but without any evidence it's a long shot compared to the likelihood of it just being a bollocks rumour made up by the tabloids like 90% of other tabloid stories.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 15th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Of course it's fucking evidence if Niall Quinn says it. Of course it's more relevant than Mik saying it. He's a club chairman. You post oodles of complete shit on this forum on the say-so of some nameless gimps on internet forums, so if Niall Quinn, Sunderland club chairman, is suggesting it may have been designed by an agent or a club to unsettle the player, then it's fair to say that Mik has a basis to comment on it and it carries slightly more weight.

Simon
June 15th, 2011, 10:12 AM
He hasn't provided any evidence, he's just having a whinge. Simply saying he thinks it happened isn't evidence at all. Yes it's more relevant than if some cunt on a Tottenham forum says we're signing Eto'o, but then no one is ever asserting that those rumours are confirmed fact.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 15th, 2011, 10:17 AM
No one ever asks you for "hard evidence" over those posts either, nor any of the other ridiculous theories you've passed on from internet forums. Do you really think Niall Quinn is going to seek out e-mails between journos and club execs or agents and flap them in front of your eyes? Wise yourself up. You do realise that there is a hierarchy of evidence, and Niall Quinn saying something in his role as club chairman actually carries a fair bit of weight? It's fair to say he probably knows quite a lot about what goes on behind the scenes and has an inkling of how this rumour emerged. Do you realise how ridiculous you demanding evidence of this is in the face of basically all football chat on this forum?

Mik
June 15th, 2011, 10:38 AM
You're missing the point anyway Simon, you arent listening to what I'm saying.

What I have said (twice now) is that if someone was trying to unsettle Gyan, this would be an effective way of doing it. I didnt say that anyone was. You're wanting me to provide evidence of something that I'm not saying. Unless you want me to provide evidence of the fact that this type of rumour would be an effective way of unsettling a player, but I presume thats not the case because that is simple common sense.

Simon
June 15th, 2011, 10:44 AM
I'm not demanding evidence, I'm saying it's a big logical leap to arrive at a position where you think clubs are surreptitiously planting fake news stories to unsettle players when there are easier and more effective ways of doing exactly that. It's unconvincing.

Simon
June 15th, 2011, 10:45 AM
You're missing the point anyway Simon, you arent listening to what I'm saying.

What I have said (twice now) is that if someone was trying to unsettle Gyan, this would be an effective way of doing it. I didnt say that anyone was. You're wanting me to provide evidence of something that I'm not saying. Unless you want me to provide evidence of the fact that this type of rumour would be an effective way of unsettling a player, but I presume thats not the case because that is simple common sense.

It would be helpful sure, and I can understand Quinn being fucked off, but I doubt it's anything more sinister than the papers creating stories like usual. I won't be complaining if it works though, I really rate Gyan and would love it if we signed him. One thing though, what is his injury record like? I know he missed a while for you last year but it was just one medium-term injury rather than consistent knocks wasn't it?

Mik
June 15th, 2011, 11:20 AM
I'm not demanding evidence, I'm saying it's a big logical leap to arrive at a position where you think clubs are surreptitiously planting fake news stories to unsettle players when there are easier and more effective ways of doing exactly that. It's unconvincing.

Thats not what I'm saying though.

It would be helpful sure, and I can understand Quinn being fucked off, but I doubt it's anything more sinister than the papers creating stories like usual. I won't be complaining if it works though, I really rate Gyan and would love it if we signed him. One thing though, what is his injury record like? I know he missed a while for you last year but it was just one medium-term injury rather than consistent knocks wasn't it?

He didnt miss any significant spell, not even a medium term injury.

Simon
June 15th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Maybe I'm thinking of the start of his time with you when he couldn't get in the team because of Bent. Or maybe I've just made it up, I dunno. But hopefully we take him off your sweaty chip-grease hands.

Mik
June 15th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Nah, Bruce wanted to give him a rest at the start of the season because he was exhausted from the World Cup.

Simon
June 15th, 2011, 11:53 AM
If I was Gyan that's exactly the sort of thing that would really piss me off and make me want to leave and join Tottenham. Just saying.

Red Dog
June 15th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Have you bought that left back yet, we need to sign Enrique off you soon.
:rolleyes:

Bad Collin
June 15th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Problem Mr Dog?

Red Dog
June 15th, 2011, 12:07 PM
I really cant decide if I preferred Liverpool fans when Hodgson was there and you were whiny and self pitying or now when you are smug and arrogant.

It is such a dilemma Bad Collin!!!

Bad Collin
June 15th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Don't worry yourself, it is a running joke Alex and I have about us buying their players.

I can assure you that I fully understand that even though the club is moving in the right direction, players are not necessarily going to be jumping at the chance to join us.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 15th, 2011, 5:12 PM
Chelsea have bid £22m for Modric and been rejected

Alf
June 15th, 2011, 6:08 PM
Cunts. I think they could just about afford his right leg for that.

Chris Scott
June 15th, 2011, 6:15 PM
Surely £30m and Spurs will bite.

Bad Collin
June 15th, 2011, 6:17 PM
Why? They need Luka.

Chris Scott
June 15th, 2011, 6:19 PM
True, but does he want to go.

Bad Collin
June 15th, 2011, 6:26 PM
There has been no indication that he does. Based on the fact that they paid £50 million for Torres Spurs should hold out for at least £40 million for Luca

Keano's Magic Hat
June 15th, 2011, 6:56 PM
Modric will be a United player by the end of the week

Andy
June 15th, 2011, 7:13 PM
Defoe to Arsenal rumours hotting up. What a load of shite, shows where Arsenal are as a club right now. :\

Keano's Magic Hat
June 15th, 2011, 7:18 PM
I'd take Defoe at United. I think talk of his deterioration as a player to be greatly exaggerated, and I don't buy the argument he's lost a yard of pace; he's never really been THAT quick. He's just one of those cunts who gets a bit complacent after a decent season.

Good striker, sub-par 'footballer', but highly effective. Arsenal could do with a few of these types all over the field, as opposed to neat and tidy skillsters who create fuck all when up against any half decent side.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 15th, 2011, 7:21 PM
Playing with Defoe in the modern game is like playing a man down. He's not a good enough goalscorer to justify his place in a successful team. Just an average player.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 15th, 2011, 7:25 PM
He's never played at a 'top' side, and has a decent goal scoring record. He'd score a lot of goals for Arsenal, and would be a far better option off the bench then what they currently have.

Andy
June 15th, 2011, 7:30 PM
With the season ending the way it did, a signing like Defoe is the last thing we need. Especially if Cesc and/or Nasri go, we need some signings which act as a statement of intent.

For what it's worth, I think Defoe's all-round games has improved over the last couple of years, but he isn't Arsenal quality. Although it would be nice to see someone shoot from outside the box for once.

I want to see Theo given a shot though the middle at some point next season.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 15th, 2011, 7:36 PM
Realistically, who should Arsenal sign? Is Samba, who I don't particularly rate, a 'statement of intent'? I don't think so.

Sakho has been the best player in France and is exactly the type of player Arsenal need. Doubt he'll be sold now, but Arsenal were definitely interested a while ago.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 15th, 2011, 7:37 PM
He's never played at a 'top' side, and has a decent goal scoring record. He'd score a lot of goals for Arsenal, and would be a far better option off the bench then what they currently have.

There's a reason he has never played for a top side - he has never been good enough. His level is mid-table. He's like Darren Bent, except without the ability to score goals regularly. Unfortunately that makes him a fairly ineffective player, he doesn't score enough goals to justify taking a place up in a team.

Andy
June 15th, 2011, 7:47 PM
We've been after Sakho for approximately 20 years yet when we need him most PSG suddenly come into bazillions of pounds. I don't know who'd be a statement of intent really...whichever striker Real decide to sell, Subotic...someone like that. I think Gervinho and Samba will improve us but we could do with a big signing as well. Not Jermaine fucking Defoe.

It's ten years since arsenal signed Franny Jeffers...Defoe would be equally shit. :ashamed:

Mik
June 15th, 2011, 8:03 PM
There's a reason he has never played for a top side - he has never been good enough. His level is mid-table. He's like Darren Bent, except without the ability to score goals regularly. Unfortunately that makes him a fairly ineffective player, he doesn't score enough goals to justify taking a place up in a team.

That is exactly why I was annoyed that he was getting the regular spot in the England squad over Bent when the latter was at Sunderland.

Simon
June 16th, 2011, 4:30 AM
Gutted that it looks like big bids are going to start coming in for Modric. He's irreplaceable. I can understand why the club would cash in if the money hits £40m or so but it would be a devastating blow for our chances of getting back into the CL next year. That said, I was resigned to losing him next year anyway :(

Mik
June 16th, 2011, 4:39 AM
Cheeky of Chelsea to offer £2m more for Modric than Liverpool gave for Henderson.

Simon
June 16th, 2011, 4:49 AM
They've tried to lowball us, hopefully it's because they don't want to spend big and they'll fuck off and leave him alone.

It's a bit of a catch 22 now, on the one hand I don't want anyone to show interest in him so we can keep him, but if he is to go then obviously you want United and City bidding as well so that we can get the maximum price for him. If he goes, hopefully it's to United for £35m+.

Winkle van Tinkle
June 16th, 2011, 5:14 AM
Modric is not as important to Spurs as people think. He keeps the ball in tight spots probably better than anyone in the league (bar Hleb) and he works hard and makes you tick a lot of the time. Your fans love him also because his football is pretty on the eye. But he can't shoot, his dead balls are average, and in the final third he hasn't got the killer ball but tries it all the time.

RuneEdge
June 16th, 2011, 5:17 AM
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/196060/Wesley-Sneijder-can-join-Manchester-United-for-35m/
They claim we're gonna bid £35m for Sneijder. Don't really believe it but the interesting part of the article is the bit where it says our spending spree is being funded by 'Qatari money'. Explains a lot if that's true.

Simon
June 16th, 2011, 5:20 AM
Modric is not as important to Spurs as people think. He keeps the ball in tight spots probably better than anyone in the league (bar Hleb) and he works hard and makes you tick a lot of the time. Your fans love him also because his football is pretty on the eye. But he can't shoot, his dead balls are average, and in the final third he hasn't got the killer ball but tries it all the time.

He is our best player by a mile. He was MOTM for me in our last six or seven games of the season.

Winkle van Tinkle
June 16th, 2011, 5:29 AM
But am I wrong? Your painfully lacking goals, and for a creative midfielder he doesn't score or create enough goals. Wiki tells me 3 goals this year?

£35m if spent wisely is more valuable to the club than Modric.

I'm not saying he isn't an excellent player, btw.

Levy will probably milk the deal til 11pm on deadline day leaving you no time for a replacement.

Simon
June 16th, 2011, 5:34 AM
More than likely. The papers reckon Chelsea are willing to "go as high as £25m", in which case we would have nothing to worry about as he won't be going at that price. But there's always United and City waiting for a chance to snatch him.

Modric (or the other midfielders) isn't to blame for our lack of goals. Sometimes it can be facile to blame strikers for a lack of goals, but in our case it is absolutely true. Pav, Crouch and Defoe were all terrible this past season. With one or two quality strikers to get on the end of things, Bale and Modric's stats will go up hugely.

Simon
June 16th, 2011, 6:13 AM
Samuel Eto'o claims he has several offers, and some of them from the Premier League.

"It is true that I have a few offers," Eto'o said. "I have a month off now to evaluate all of them and decide what to do.

"I'm 30, I'm close to my final big contract and we'll have to see whether I should stay or go.

"My eventual departure is not to try to earn €100,000 or €200,000 more, what matters in my career is being happy in a city, playing for a big club where I can enjoy myself."

And on the prospect of moving to Blighty, he said: "It's an idea that I have had in my head for a while, it all depends on finding the right club. I've had offers from good teams."

I'm just about stupid enough to dare to believe :happysad:

Gary J
I think Modric has been the most consistent player in the premiership for the past two years but i agree with WvT in that his shooting is dreadful.

I doubt he'll leave Spurs as he hasn't kicked up a fuss about wanting to go despite all the speculation.

Alf
I think labelling him as a creative mid is misleading. He's just a midfielder. And to be honest, I think just judging him on assists and goals is also misleading. It doesn't tell the Story of Modric.

He does need to contribute more goals and assists, but he's never going to be a 10 goal a season midfielder. What he does for us is retain the ball extremely, extremely, well. He makes space for himself out of nothing and so opens up passing opportunities that would otherwise not be there. I just think he's fantastic. It's easy to underestimate what he does.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 16th, 2011, 6:18 AM
United have bid for Raphael Varane, ANOTHER centre back.

What the fuck is going?

Simon
June 16th, 2011, 6:21 AM
How much did West Ham buy Ba for in January? I could have sworn it was £7m or so, but apparently he's now available on a free as his contract has expired...surely they can't be that stupid?!

son_of_foley
June 16th, 2011, 6:24 AM
He had an escape clause the papers are reporting

MMH
How much did West Ham buy Ba for in January? I could have sworn it was £7m or so, but apparently he's now available on a free as his contract has expired...surely they can't be that stupid?!

7M based on a load of incremental appearances.

Any club wishing to sign him basically takes on his contract commitments. They probably only paid a small down payment for him.

Keano's Magic Hat
I thought it was on loan? probably took on his wages until his contract expired

Gary J
June 16th, 2011, 6:26 AM
It was a loan deal wasn't it? The 7m or so what was Stoke bid for him at the start of last season i think.

Gary J
June 16th, 2011, 6:33 AM
Seb Larsson seems to think he's returning to Arsenal.

"They have shown some interest and I should know more in the next few days" he told Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet. "I know there is some kind of interest but I cannot currently say whether something can be done or not."
"At the moment I do not know how it is going. I know who said that they have shown an interest but the next few days will tell."

Keano's Magic Hat
June 16th, 2011, 6:34 AM
good player, stifled by a system which tended to bypass the midfield 90% of the time

not sure if he's good enough for Arsenal, though

Gary J
June 16th, 2011, 6:37 AM
He's better then Denilson.I rate him a lot I think he's good enough for Arsenal.

son_of_foley
June 16th, 2011, 6:38 AM
he's too one paced. Lansbury probably has more of an upside in that team. I guess they might be looking for a range of passing but muh

son_of_foley
June 16th, 2011, 6:39 AM
He's better then Denilson.I rate him a lot I think he's good enough for Arsenal.

Depends on the role though doesnt it. If you put Larson and Diaby behind Fabregas(like happened with denilson a lot) they would get murdered. Their first choice midfield should be Song,Wilshire and Fabgregas/Nasri with Ramsey/Lansbury and a tackler as backup.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 16th, 2011, 6:40 AM
United have bid for Raphael Varane, ANOTHER centre back.

What the fuck is going?

The Guardian were reporting that deal as close to done a couple of months ago. The idea would be to loan him back to France, Varane himself said he would prefer to play in Ligue 1 for a couple of seasons.

Gary J
June 16th, 2011, 6:45 AM
Depends on the role though doesnt it. If you put Larson and Diaby behind Fabregas(like happened with denilson a lot) they would get murdered. Their first choice midfield should be Song,Wilshire and Fabgregas/Nasri with Ramsey/Lansbury and a tackler as backup.

I just put the Denilson bit before KMH mentioned that if he can still be there. Larsson shouldn't have a problem getting in the team.

I really don't think Wilshere should be ina first choice Arsenal midfield. I think it should be Song behind Fabregas and Nasri of course with all the injury problems Arsenal tend to have i doubt all three of them will be fit at the same time. I'd even have Ramsey ahead of Wilshere to be honest.

Actually after typing all that i'm not sure Larsson would be a good signing for them after all.

Mik
June 16th, 2011, 6:49 AM
We're supposed to be after Larsson. I'd say thats much more likely to happen.

Simon
June 16th, 2011, 6:56 AM
Leeds are trying to resign Alan Smith and Jonathan Woodgate apparently. Bowyer has been released as well :chin: and I reckon Kewell would jump at the chance to move back to England :D

Andy
June 16th, 2011, 7:03 AM
I really rate Larsson but he's not Arsenal quality. He'd be a very good signing for Newcastle, Sunderland etc.

I suppose it wouldn't be the end of the world to bring him back on a free. He'd be happt as a squad player and would probably work harder than most of our wide players.

If we get Gervinho, that would leave us with him, Walcott and Lansbury/Rosicky who can all play on the right. Seems a bit pointless. If it's between Larsson and Lansbury for a place in the squad I really hope the latter gets it.

Gary J
June 16th, 2011, 7:05 AM
Lansbury will probably be loaned out to Norwich or Bolton to see if he can cut it in the premiership i reckon.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 16th, 2011, 7:05 AM
Larsson has won more trophies than the majority of your squad. He could bring that much needed winning mentality with him

Simon
June 16th, 2011, 7:09 AM
I read earlier that Fabregas has never won the league before. Weird to think that it's been that long since Arsenal won the title, it seems like he has been around forever.

son_of_foley
June 16th, 2011, 7:10 AM
Larson out wide would be a waste. No pace so whats the point. Lansbury shouldnt be out wide either. He needs to be in the middle I reckon as he has the engine for it.

Thought he was one of few bright spots in that england performance last night. Sturridge was brilliant as well.

Simon
Not for long though hehehehehehehehehe

Keano's Magic Hat
not forlan though hehehehehehehehehe

Gary J
June 16th, 2011, 7:11 AM
He'll be due a testimonial soon won't he?

Keano's Magic Hat
June 16th, 2011, 7:12 AM
speaking of Forlan, why do Atletico Madrid fans hate him so much? I read that it was due to some comments he made.. what were the comments?

Red Dog
June 16th, 2011, 7:14 AM
Leeds are trying to resign Alan Smith and Jonathan Woodgate apparently. Bowyer has been released as well :chin: and I reckon Kewell would jump at the chance to move back to England :D
I imagine Leeds fans are literally going mental at this prospect.

They probably think the 1st 3 should still be in the England team.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 16th, 2011, 7:14 AM
Basically that he would leave Atletico if an offer from a bigger club came in. Apparently Forlan is extremely honest and will just be up front about everything, which gets him in trouble. It's not just the fans who hate him now either, it's the rest of the Atletico squad. I think they all felt insulted.

Simon
June 16th, 2011, 7:16 AM
He's always been very non-committal about staying there, despite not actually leaving season after season. Apparently he's not a particularly likeable fella either, on account of him being relentlessly cold and professional - a touch of the Keane or Gary Neville about him - so he's not especially popular with the players either. Can't remember who said that, possibly Sid Lowe.

son_of_foley
June 16th, 2011, 7:17 AM
it was ecg mate not sid lowe its the post above yours

Keano's Magic Hat
June 16th, 2011, 7:20 AM
nice one, chaps. I was expecting something worse than that, to be honest. Seem to remember him 'urging' De Gea to sign for United, too :D

Haven't seen Forlan linked with any clubs recently, which is strange, considering his current predicament.

Simon
June 16th, 2011, 7:26 AM
Yeah our links with him have gone cold sadly. Would be a great short-term buy alongside a younger player who can be blooded gradually.

Bad Collin
June 16th, 2011, 7:30 AM
According to his agent, Liverpool would be 'perfect' for Gago. Get him signed I say.

Lagom
June 16th, 2011, 7:31 AM
Yeah, saw that this morning, if we get him, Charlie Adam, keep Mereiles, bring Aquilani back from his loan, and bring through Coady, then we should only need to bring in 1 or 2 more quality additions in centre mid.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 16th, 2011, 7:33 AM
How many central midfielders do you need, ffs? You've got Charlie Adam coming in, and possibly Chantome.. then you have Meireles, Gerrard, Henderson, Lucas, Shelvey, Poulsen, Spearing and perhaps a returning Aquilani

Bad Collin
June 16th, 2011, 8:01 AM
Liverpool are planning a £9m bid for Sao Paulo attacking midfielder Lucas.
Full story: the Sun

Not another Lucas ffs

Red Dog will like this one:

Liverpool are hoping to cash in on the turmoil at Newcastle by bidding £22m for left-back Jose Enrique and midfielder Jonas Gutierrez.
Full story: Caught Offside

RuneEdge
June 16th, 2011, 8:05 AM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11827_6991534,00.html
Udinese have confirmed that the five clubs (us, City, Barca, Inter and Juve) have all made their bids, and its now down to the player to choose who he wants to go to.
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

El Capitano Gatisto
June 16th, 2011, 8:10 AM
He'll go to Barcelona. Can't imagine any footballer right now not wanting to be a part of that side.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 16th, 2011, 8:10 AM
calm down, dear. he's not signing for United

Bad Collin
June 16th, 2011, 8:12 AM
Hopefully he chooses money and City.

El Capitano Gatisto
Udinese actually stated a couple of weeks ago that him and his agent had reached an agreement with Barcelona also, but Barcelona hadn't stumped up the cash for the club yet.

Keano's Magic Hat
If he wants to go for 'footballing' and lifestyle reasons he'll join Barcelona, if it's money he'll join City, if he wants to stay in Italy, it'll be Inter.

RuneEdge
June 16th, 2011, 8:18 AM
Stop trying to kill my buzz, guys. :mad:

And I thought he said he's a United fan?
:hyper:

Keano's Magic Hat
June 16th, 2011, 8:19 AM
I wonder how Arsenal fans feel about this whole business? It would fuck me right off if Barcelona had continually attempted to turn the head of our best player, without ever stumping up the cash and making a realistic bid. To see them then go and spend £30+ on a player they don't need would have me hating that club more than anything in the world

El Capitano Gatisto
June 16th, 2011, 8:23 AM
I doubt Sanchez is going for more than £30 million. Udinese were probably looking for that but Barca can't afford that, no chance. They've probably realised now that the clubs are only willing to go so far and that ultimately they'll get nothing if they don't accept the bids on the table.

RuneEdge
June 16th, 2011, 8:26 AM
They could try chucking Bojan into the deal, but I dont think he wants to leave Barca.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 16th, 2011, 8:26 AM
Gazzetta Dello Sport are claiming bids of €35million

El Capitano Gatisto
June 16th, 2011, 8:27 AM
They could try chucking Bojan into the deal, but I dont think he wants to leave Barca.

That was the reported reason why Sanchez hasn't been able to complete the move to Barca already, because Bojan refused to be a make-weight.

RuneEdge
June 16th, 2011, 8:27 AM
From who? All of them?

Simon
June 16th, 2011, 8:28 AM
What is the exchange rate at the moment? €35m is about £30m isn't it?

Winkle van Tinkle
June 16th, 2011, 8:29 AM
I just put the Denilson bit before KMH mentioned that if he can still be there. Larsson shouldn't have a problem getting in the team.

I really don't think Wilshere should be ina first choice Arsenal midfield. I think it should be Song behind Fabregas and Nasri of course with all the injury problems Arsenal tend to have i doubt all three of them will be fit at the same time. I'd even have Ramsey ahead of Wilshere to be honest.

Actually after typing all that i'm not sure Larsson would be a good signing for them after all.

No you're right mate, Wilshere should be our fifth choice central midfielder, 6th if we sign Seb fucking Larsson.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 16th, 2011, 8:29 AM
£30.5m

Keano's Magic Hat
June 16th, 2011, 8:30 AM
From who? All of them?

yes, all of them

son_of_foley
June 16th, 2011, 8:31 AM
Ramsey should be the back-up for Nasri/Fabregas.
Lansbury the back up for wishire

RuneEdge
June 16th, 2011, 8:31 AM
What is the exchange rate at the moment? €35m is about £30m isn't it?

A little over £30m, yeah. Its crazy now much the market has inflated in the last few years, especially after the Kaka and Ronaldo transfers.

RuneEdge
June 16th, 2011, 8:32 AM
yes, all of them

Where are we getting that kind of money from? We might as well throw in a cheeky bid for Kaka or something.

Winkle van Tinkle
June 16th, 2011, 8:34 AM
I wonder how Arsenal fans feel about this whole business? It would fuck me right off if Barcelona had continually attempted to turn the head of our best player, without ever stumping up the cash and making a realistic bid. To see them then go and spend £30+ on a player they don't need would have me hating that club more than anything in the world

To be honest, I don't really mind it. Fabregas, although it's clear would love to go, isn't a prick and hasn't let it effect his performances. He's usually said all the right things about commitment, and has acted pretty much how i'd like him to.

If anything it may help our cause as Wenger can point out to Fabregas that maybe Barca don't want him as much as they say if they are willing to overlook him every summer, and aren't willing to put in a meaningful bid for him.

My outlook has been the same since day one. Yes he'll go at some point, but he has four years left on his contract, and if Barca don't want to put in a sensible bid, he'll stay for 4 years. After that, who knows. Even if he left on a free we'll have had 10 years out of the guy for a couple of hundred grand in transfer fees (and van Bronckhorst, if the story was true).

Lagom
June 16th, 2011, 8:34 AM
Talksport are reporting Cassano possibly on his way to us, I'd imagine with Aquilani going the other way. He's brilliant, and it'd be interesting to see him and Suarey in the same team :yes:

Simon
June 16th, 2011, 8:35 AM
Did anyone see that thing that came out a couple of weeks ago where some bod had made some equation that aimed to find the approximate value of players from previous years if they were bought now, taking into account basic inflation and the hyper-inflation inside football (by comparing the signing to the average cost of a player in the year they were bought)...it was quite interesting, Shearer was about £50m, Heskey joining Liverpool was something like £30m as was Cole to United, Le Saux to Chelsea was £25m or so. I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: Here's the article.

http://transferpriceindex.com/2011/06/the-english-premium-a-2011-transfer-price-index-review/

Shaun Wright-Phillips :lol:

son_of_foley
June 16th, 2011, 8:36 AM
He's brilliant when motivated when not he'll be dog shit. I thought after Madrid he had basically said being away from home was bad for him as he just partied and ate?

Simon
June 16th, 2011, 8:38 AM
Cassano has been doing really well at Milan and seems settled there, can't see that move happening. He is legit mental so it would be a big risk. I love that he said he can't wait to retire so he can just eat cakes all day every day.

Gary J
June 16th, 2011, 8:45 AM
No you're right mate, Wilshere should be our fifth choice central midfielder, 6th if we sign Seb fucking Larsson.

Where did i say Larsson should be ahead of him? I actually put in that post that i didn't think larsson signing would be a good idea for him.

I said Song should be in the holding role rather then Wilshere.

Nasri and Fabregas are both better footballers then Wilshere and i think Ramsey looks a far better prospect then Wilshere that is assuming he gets over the injury he suffered. So i was actually saying Wilshere should be fourth choice central midfielder.

Winkle van Tinkle
June 16th, 2011, 8:50 AM
Where did i say Larsson should be ahead of him? I actually put in that post that i didn't think larsson signing would be a good idea for him.

I said Song should be in the holding role rather then Wilshere.

Nasri and Fabregas are both better footballers then Wilshere and i think Ramsey looks a far better prospect then Wilshere that is assuming he gets over the injury he suffered. So i was actually saying Wilshere should be fourth choice central midfielder.

I really don't think Wilshere should be ina first choice Arsenal midfield

Larsson shouldn't have a problem getting in the team.

I'm pretty sure you're on a wind-up here. If you're not, then you're just showing that you know nothing about football/didn't watch Arsenal at all this season.

Gary J
June 16th, 2011, 8:55 AM
I mentioned that Larsson shouldn't have a problem getting in the team as a joke before KMH mentioned that if Denilson can play a fair few games then well Larsson should too.

Beefy
June 16th, 2011, 9:07 AM
Wilshere pissed in Gary J's chips, I think.

Winkle van Tinkle
June 16th, 2011, 9:11 AM
He just hates Arsenal since Hull embarassed themselves and lied.

Winkle van Tinkle
June 16th, 2011, 9:12 AM
He also has a massive hard on for Larrsson

Gary J
June 16th, 2011, 9:20 AM
Wilshere pissed in Gary J's chips, I think.

Why do you think this?

I don't doubt he has potential i just don't think he is anywhere near the player the press would have us believe. As i've said before when i saw him play last season he wasn't particularly impressive but as Andy pointed out most of those games i saw on Sky were some of Arsenals worst performances so maybe i've been a bit harsh on him. But i'm only judging him on what i've seen.

Simon
June 16th, 2011, 9:22 AM
O'Hara to Wolves has finally been completed.

Beefy
June 16th, 2011, 9:48 AM
Why do you think this?

I don't doubt he has potential i just don't think he is anywhere near the player the press would have us believe. As i've said before when i saw him play last season he wasn't particularly impressive but as Andy pointed out most of those games i saw on Sky were some of Arsenals worst performances so maybe i've been a bit harsh on him. But i'm only judging him on what i've seen.

I saw a lot of him last year and I personally find the opinion that he shouldn't be in the Arsenal first team and shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad to be so far removed from my opinion on him that looking for a non-footballing explanation for the difference seems more fruitful than just accepting that two people can have such different opinions on the same player.

He's not perfect and he's not Xavi, but he was a standout player for both Arsenal and England last season. I don't think that is hype and I don't think it's just potential. He deserves to be starting for his Club and his country.

Winkle van Tinkle
June 16th, 2011, 9:55 AM
He's no Seb Larsson

son_of_foley
June 16th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Seb Larson would be a pretty astute replacement for Barton.

Gary J
June 16th, 2011, 10:41 AM
I saw a lot of him last year and I personally find the opinion that he shouldn't be in the Arsenal first team and shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad to be so far removed from my opinion on him that looking for a non-footballing explanation for the difference seems more fruitful than just accepting that two people can have such different opinions on the same player.

He's not perfect and he's not Xavi, but he was a standout player for both Arsenal and England last season. I don't think that is hype and I don't think it's just potential. He deserves to be starting for his Club and his country.

Fair enough opinions differ.

My point about him not being a first choice for Arsenal is just because i don't think he is as good in central midfield as Fabregas or Nasri are.

Winkle van Tinkle
June 16th, 2011, 12:54 PM
- Arsenal away to Newcastle first day of the season appaz.

- Douglas Costas agent has said we've bid for him.

- Sporting have bid for Bentdner, as have Dortmund. We want £12m

- Gervinho is apparently done. 4 year contract.

- Nasri is meeting with Arsenal today to THRASH out a contract.

- Samba is now 1/10 to join Arsenal

- Cahill has gone from 2/1 to 4/9 to join Arsenal.

RUMOURS.

RFF Champ
June 16th, 2011, 2:14 PM
Transfer odds shouldn't be used as any real indication of whether a transfer will happen. A couple of three figure bets will take the move to odds on.

Hangeland was similar odds to join Liverpool all last summer despite there never being any indication of a move and him saying he wanted to stay at Fulham. Oxlade-Chamberlain has been 1/3 to join both Man Utd and Arsenal at various points.

Bad Collin
June 16th, 2011, 2:17 PM
Skybet have suspended betting on Ba joining Newcastle :)

RFF Champ
June 16th, 2011, 2:18 PM
They must have read my post in here on Tuesday.

RFF Champ
June 16th, 2011, 2:26 PM
The guy that I got that Ba rumour off (the Newcastle equivalent of BEN i.e talks a lot of shit but sometimes gets it right) says that Liverpool were in contact over Enrique todat

Bad Collin
June 16th, 2011, 2:35 PM
Nice

Keano's Magic Hat
June 16th, 2011, 2:44 PM
Dalglish is a fucking bastard

Bad Collin
June 16th, 2011, 2:49 PM
I would love to see Kenny and Fergie have a fist fight.