PDA

View Full Version : The Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

Red Dog
June 8th, 2011, 11:18 AM
How good is this Phil Jones, then? I've seen him have some great games, but haven't seen enough of him. What's his best position? I've heard he can also play central midfield, as well as centre back?

I assume that this means Evans is off to Sunderland. A real shame as he has a lot of potential.
On my Champ Manager game he played DM and was England captain.

So yes he can 100% play in midfield too.

The Rosk
June 8th, 2011, 11:21 AM
£24m.

I hope so, but doubt it.

18 + addons.

Mik
June 8th, 2011, 11:26 AM
£24m.

Alf
June 8th, 2011, 11:30 AM
How much are Sunderland going to spend at the Spurs Bargain Bucket?

£24m.

RFF Champ
June 8th, 2011, 11:50 AM
"My mind is made up, I am leaving," Gervinho told skysports.com.

"My agents are moving things as I want, people know where my future lies, it is in England."

I still believe.

turdpower
June 8th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Last week Willian of Shakhtar's agent came out and said they were in discussions with Barca. I would guess with the intention of giving him a central role, if they are after Sanchez.

That seems to have gone quiet in the past few days though.

http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-photos/william-shatner-the-59th-annual-primetime-emmy-awards-arrivals-cBwDwm.jpg?

Alf
June 8th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Is he any good though?

RFF Champ
June 8th, 2011, 11:58 AM
No idea mate. It's just exciting that we're looking at paying big money for a foreigner with big reputation. He could be another Luque but the ambition is there.

RuneEdge
June 8th, 2011, 12:00 PM
This is William Shatner we're talking about, right?

RFF Champ
June 8th, 2011, 12:02 PM
He scored twice and set up 3 against Benin the other day, so he must be the real deal.

turdpower
June 8th, 2011, 12:04 PM
He's out of this world.

turdpower
June 8th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Sunderland bid for 3 United players. :wtf:

Lawson
June 8th, 2011, 12:09 PM
A good read this: http://transferpriceindex.com/2011/06/the-english-premium-a-2011-transfer-price-index-review/

Article adjusting old transfer fees for "football inflation", which is based around each year's average transfer fee. Obviously, this means we get some frankly hilarious prices for old transfer - but it provides some context to fees like Bent, like Henderson, like Jones.

Highlights include Liverpool's fondness for spending big on aim-for-the-head forwards. Andy Carroll: £35m; Emile Heskey: £32.9m

Chris Sutton at £24.1m and £29.9m; Le Saux at £21.5m

Even at £24m, comparatively, Villa made away like bandits with Bent.

RFF Champ
June 8th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Not Jonny Evans though which seems strange.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 8th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Jonny Evans is a quality defender, if Phil Jones is going £16 million then he's definitely worth close to that.

da_man
June 8th, 2011, 12:48 PM
£16m is an absolute snip for Jones.

I'm used to us losing our best players from the days of Shearer through to Duff to Bellamy to Bentley etc. Makes it harder though when its a local lad. If Samba goes too we'll be fucked.

VENKYS OUT

da_man
June 8th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Heard a rumour that it may be £13m plus MB Diouf

Please god no - he's fucking wank.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 8th, 2011, 1:33 PM
The three players Sunderland have bid (£12m apparently) for are Brown, Gibson and .... John O'Shea

All three have a year remaining on their contract. No way should we let O'Shea leave, it's players like O'Shea that win you titles. Never complains, comes in and puts in a solid performance.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 8th, 2011, 1:40 PM
With the exception of the Ronaldo transfer, United get mugged whenever selling players. RvN for £10m, Beckham (who had signed a new contract that Jan) for £25m, Pique for £5m, Dwight Yorke for £2m, Forlan for £1.5m etc

If Ngog is valued at £7m, how the fuck can Sunderland expect to have the three United players for £12m?

Keano's Magic Hat
June 8th, 2011, 1:52 PM
If this comes off, and considering Fergie and Bruce's friendship you'd assume it's probably been sorted out some time ago, then this really is a team in transition now.

Experienced players leaving the side

G Neville
Scholes
Van Der Sar
Brown
Hargreaves
O'Shea

And most of the players we're linked with are teenagers. Interesting, and slightly worrying.

Bluemoon
June 8th, 2011, 1:59 PM
Great thing about this signing is that, if he fulfills his potential, he won't be looking to accomplish his 'dream' of playing in Spain :rolleyes: Probably why I'm not so keen on De Gea, to be honest.

Chris Smalling and Phil Jones for £25m could be an absolutely beautiful bit of business

So do you think Bacon Face doesn't rate Evans anymore then?

McBain
June 8th, 2011, 2:05 PM
Ngog at £7m is an absolute joke.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 8th, 2011, 2:08 PM
The three players Sunderland have bid (£12m apparently) for are Brown, Gibson and .... John O'Shea

All three have a year remaining on their contract. No way should we let O'Shea leave, it's players like O'Shea that win you titles. Never complains, comes in and puts in a solid performance.

Maybe you were right earlier on and Evans is seen as the new O'Shea, he can cover right across the backline. As I said, I didn't think they'd let O'Shea go because of the lack of of full-backs. It would be disappointing for Evans to be seen in that role because I think he could be a top class centre-back.

Bluemoon
June 8th, 2011, 2:10 PM

£7m sure is.

Andy
June 8th, 2011, 2:12 PM
Apparently Tim Vickery has said he thinks Willian will be a replacement for Nasri. I could just about stomach that, as long as Nasti doesn't go to Man U.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 8th, 2011, 2:50 PM
Andy, heard anything about a cash + Thiago Alcântara bid for Fabregas? He looks ridiculously good.

Winkle van Tinkle
June 8th, 2011, 3:12 PM
Spurs also put in a bid for Jones. Is there a player on earth that 'Arry hasn't 'tried' to sign?

I think thats Harry just being Harry. Just like his last minute desperation moves in January. He knows he won't get the player, but looks to be interested.

Winkle van Tinkle
June 8th, 2011, 3:13 PM
Andy, heard anything about a cash + Thiago Alcântara bid for Fabregas? He looks ridiculously good.

Mentioned in Marca. Thiago's dad said he wanted to stay and fight for another season. Won't happen.

Andy
June 8th, 2011, 3:34 PM

As Winkle says, he was linked but his Dad/agent ruled it out straight away. It's very hard to know what to think about Fabregas at the moment. If he's going I just wish he'd hurry up and go.

Also it's been confirmed we had a bid accepted for Jones. Disappointing that we didn't get him but encouraging that we're willing to spend £15m+ on a defender. Jones going almost certainly rules out Samba so who knows what to expect.

da_man
June 8th, 2011, 3:39 PM
Also it's been confirmed we had a bid accepted for Jones. Disappointing that we didn't get him but encouraging that we're willing to spend £15m+ on a defender. Jones going almost certainly rules out Samba so who knows what to expect.

I would say Samba moving is still highly likely.

Andy
June 8th, 2011, 3:46 PM
Really? I hope we go for him then. I'd take him over Cahill to be honest.

Mik
June 8th, 2011, 4:48 PM

If we were to pay £7m for him, yes. But if we were offered £13m plus him and told it rounded up to a £20m deal for a player who we valued at £18m, then its a little less of a joke.

Hmmm. I guess we're trying to add a bit of experience into our team, I'm not convinced about Gibson, Brown is experienced but injury prone and not playing regularly, O'Shea I will happily have. Depends how much we're talking though. We definitely need more bodies, in defence particularly.

Gary J
June 8th, 2011, 4:48 PM
Yeah i don't think Samba will be at Blackburn next season. If i remember correctly he wanted to leave in January and i doubt he has been convinced he should stay by what he's seen since then.

McBain
June 8th, 2011, 4:51 PM
If we were to pay £7m for him, yes. But if we were offered £13m plus him and told it rounded up to a £20m deal for a player who we valued at £18m, then its a little less of a joke.

Do you want him at all though?

I accept what you're saying, just a separate question.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 8th, 2011, 4:54 PM
N'Gog looks like he could be a good enough striker if he's given time. Welbeck did ok at Sunderland last season, no reason why N'Gog can't do similarly well given a run in a team with less expectation of playing near the top of the league.

Bad Collin
June 8th, 2011, 4:55 PM
And if they don't play him as a fucking target man

El Capitano Gatisto
June 8th, 2011, 4:56 PM
Liverpool had Torres and N'Gog was pretty much their only real back-up. There was no way the guy was going to be able to step up to fill his boots as a young striker. He's too raw, he needs regular football, not the pressure of stepping up to replace one of the best strikers in Europe. Liverpool fans have very little patience, Sunderland fans may have more.

Mik
June 8th, 2011, 4:59 PM
Do you want him at all though?

I accept what you're saying, just a separate question.

He's a young striker with plenty of skill, a bit of pace and bags of potential. We are clearly planning on going for another fairly high-profile striker, so I'm perfectly happy to give N'Gog a try for what is effectively £2m on the basis that I would've taken £15m for Henderson.

Simon
June 9th, 2011, 5:05 AM
Arsenal tried to sign Friedel apparently.

Brennino
June 9th, 2011, 5:05 AM
N'Gog will score goals if he starts, he even showed this at Liverpool.

Simon
June 9th, 2011, 6:34 AM
Sunderland have signed Elmohamady on a perm.

Mik
June 9th, 2011, 6:58 AM
Not exactly underwhelming, but he hasnt showed too much promise so far this season. But he is young and getting used to the Premiership, he is physically good and is pacey enough. More than anything his delivery has been poor and that is supposed to be his speciality. I think that he's worth giving time because of his potential, but I dont think that he offers a solution for this particular moment.

Apparently our £12m bid for the three Man Utd players has been accepted.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 9th, 2011, 7:49 AM
Ashley Young is having talks with Manchester United. Fergie said we'd sign '2 or 3 players', and it looks like De Gea, Jones and Young are almost done.

I really hope Sir Alex was doing the usual and lying to the press. We do not 'need' Young, we do not 'need' Jones.. we need a central midfielder ffs

Red Dog
June 9th, 2011, 7:54 AM
Jones can play in midfield!

Keano's Magic Hat
June 9th, 2011, 7:57 AM
From Laurie Hanna, Daily Mirror journalist

Hearing from #MUFC insider that Young is a done deal and #AFC Nasri to def follow soon - hard to believe but stranger things have happened!

El Capitano Gatisto
June 9th, 2011, 8:07 AM
I don't believe Arsenal will sell Nasri to them. Wenger might as well stamp "WANKER" on his own forehead if that happens.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 9th, 2011, 8:12 AM
And run the risk of him signing a pre-contract with United in January? If it's United he wants to go to, Arsenal really must sell.

Strangely, not too many clubs are interested in Nasri.

Beefy
June 9th, 2011, 8:16 AM
He can't officially sign a pre-contract with another English team until next Summer. He could sign one with a foreign team in January though.

In better news, Southend have signed Neil Harris ( :hyper: ) on a three year contract ( :wtf: )

The Rosk
June 9th, 2011, 8:18 AM
Come on then KMH. How much is Young going to United for.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 9th, 2011, 8:19 AM
He can't officially sign a pre-contract with another English team until next Summer. He could sign one with a foreign team in January though.

Right, fair enough. Point still stands, if United is the only possible means of cashing in then they'd be fools to turn an offer of £15m down.

son_of_foley
June 9th, 2011, 8:19 AM
Wenger should sell Nasri for 15m and Evans forget that Gary Cahill wanker

Keano's Magic Hat
June 9th, 2011, 8:20 AM
Come on then KMH. How much is Young going to United for.

Not sure. £16m is the rumoured fee.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 9th, 2011, 8:23 AM
As far as outgoing players go, I really do not want to see John O'Shea leave. I've been known to call him 'O'Shit', and I've often used him as a scapegoat for a poor performance. Truth is, I can't remember him making a single mistake in 10 years. He's a very good player who still has a good few years in him at the top- £5m for O'Shea is a joke.

Simon
June 9th, 2011, 8:24 AM
If Nasri does actually go to United I will be in serious danger of literally laughing my head off.

Simon
June 9th, 2011, 8:25 AM
I find it very odd that United are letting O'Shea go, he's the sort of player that your success is built on. Just a pure 7/10 player every week, never lets anyone down, versatile, Mr. Consistency. I'm even more surprised that no side bigger than Sunderland want him, I'd definitely like Spurs to go in for him.

son_of_foley
June 9th, 2011, 8:25 AM
The thing is though hes not THAT important to Arsenal right now and it might mean they can keep Fabregas loner...

El Capitano Gatisto
June 9th, 2011, 8:29 AM
I think they'd be better off trying to keep Nasri and selling Fabregas. Fabregas is definitely going eventually, his injury problems are reaching chronic levels and Nasri could step straight into that role no problem.

Also, I don't think it would make sense for Arsenal to cash in on Nasri if it means strengthening a title rival with a player who would improve their midfield enormously. I'll say it again: I think Nasri would be a much, much better signing than Sneijder because Sneijder plays exactly the same role Rooney has been filling and Nasri is capable of playing as a central midfielder. I am sure someone on the continent would take him if Arsenal really want to cash in this summer.

Simon
June 9th, 2011, 8:34 AM
The thing is though hes not THAT important to Arsenal right now and it might mean they can keep Fabregas loner...

But Fabs clearly doesn't want to be there, surely he would be the better one to sell seeing as he will command a much larger fee.

Winkle van Tinkle
I don't believe we'll sell Nasri. If it happens, it happens, but I think a lot of it is just leverage for a better deal at the moment. If the little lesbian wants to fuck off, offer him about on the continent, and be done. Sell all the cunts.

Keano's Magic Hat
Ruairi Croskery, 16 year old lad from Northern Ireland has joined United and has been dubbed by club staff as 'better than David Healy at the same age' (:D) .. SOF will be chuffed

Also, what is that name about? Roo-ary? Ru-ar-i-ah? Rory?

Keano's Magic Hat
June 9th, 2011, 8:37 AM
But Fabs clearly doesn't want to be there, surely he would be the better one to sell seeing as he will command a much larger fee.

Strangely, despite it being obvious that Fabregas would rather be in Barcelona the last couple of years, he doesn't look like a player who doesn't want to be at Arsenal. Compare his body language and performances to C.Ronaldo in his last season here, Torres at Liverpool this season etc .. Fabregas is great professional [/'arry]

Simon
It'll be Rory I think. Talk about damning with feint praise :D

Winkle van Tinkle

But the problem is Barca don't want to put in a sensible fee because they already see him as their own. So fuck them. If they're willing to put to a proper bid, then I won't be devastated if he goes. He's been here 6-7 years of whatever, and he was always going to go home at some point. But until Barca stop dicking about, he won't go anywhere until he contract runs out in 4 years.

And KMH is right; Cesc has never really looked disinterested when playing, and has played his little Spanish socks off whenever he's played (bar a 3 month period where he was pony). Thats all we can ask.

RuneEdge
June 9th, 2011, 8:38 AM

But then you're fucked if you sell Cesc and then Nasri leaves to free next summer. Of course all that changes if Arsenal tie Nasri down with a new contract, but that needs to happen first.

Simon
June 9th, 2011, 8:39 AM
Strangely, despite it being obvious that Fabregas would rather be in Barcelona the last couple of years, he doesn't look like a player who doesn't want to be at Arsenal. He's a great professional [/'arry]

Last year I would have agreed, this year not so much. His performances dropped, he spent a lot of time with various niggles that he has previously played through (with the notable exception of playing against Barca when clearly unfit) and as I mentioned before he fucked off to watch the Spanish grand prix on the last day of the season rather than accompany the team he captains to see if they could get the possibly very important third spot instead of fourth.

son_of_foley
June 9th, 2011, 8:39 AM
I think they'd be better off trying to keep Nasri and selling Fabregas. Fabregas is definitely going eventually, his injury problems are reaching chronic levels and Nasri could step straight into that role no problem.

Also, I don't think it would make sense for Arsenal to cash in on Nasri if it means strengthening a title rival with a player who would improve their midfield enormously. I'll say it again: I think Nasri would be a much, much better signing than Sneijder because Sneijder plays exactly the same role Rooney has been filling and Nasri is capable of playing as a central midfielder. I am sure someone on the continent would take him if Arsenal really want to cash in this summer.

Yeah its more the fact they would strengthen united than weaken themselves. They seem to want to keep Fabregas as a talisman of their ambition and I think that's flawed but seemingly thats what they want to do.

I would sell Fabregas and tell Nasri he can be the focal point if he signs his new contract and if he's not interested get rid of him too and sit with maybe 60-70m to get stuck into that squad.

My point was just they seem determined to hold Fabregas a bit longer which in turn is probably a driver in the Nasri situation so rather than risk him for free they need to sell.

The Rosk
June 9th, 2011, 8:40 AM
Not sure. £16m is the rumoured fee.

Oh right.

Ashley Young certainly isn't worth £15m with 12 months left on his contract. He'd be a £15m player at the best of times.

£10m, tops

What a TWAT Fergie is.

Simon
June 9th, 2011, 8:40 AM
But then you're fucked if you sell Cesc and then Nasri leaves to free next summer. Of course all that changes if Arsenal tie Nasri down with a new contract, but that needs to happen first.

Sell Fabregas now, keep Nasri for the coming season, keep bringing Wilshere and Ramsey through and then, if Nasri does go, you sign someone experienced with the Fabregas money next season.

son_of_foley
June 9th, 2011, 8:41 AM
Ruairi Croskery, 16 year old lad from Northern Ireland has joined United and has been dubbed by club staff as 'better than David Healy at the same age' (:D) .. SOF will be chuffed

Also, what is that name about? Roo-ary? Ru-ar-i-ah? Rory?

If he has a wee bit of pace he might get on a bit better than Sir David in the english game. That fucker should've moved abroad when he had the chance

El Capitano Gatisto
June 9th, 2011, 8:43 AM
I don't think SOF will be too excited about a guy called Ruairi, with a name like that I reckon the FAI will be on the phone already.

son_of_foley
June 9th, 2011, 8:44 AM
Apparently this Croskery lad is 14 he was just playing with 16 year olds.

son_of_foley
June 9th, 2011, 8:44 AM
I don't think SOF will be too excited about a guy called Ruairi, with a name like that I reckon the FAI will be on the phone already.

Big Jim will be manager by then with Gerry Taggart. Nobody would turn them two down

El Capitano Gatisto
June 9th, 2011, 8:47 AM
Last year I would have agreed, this year not so much. His performances dropped, he spent a lot of time with various niggles that he has previously played through (with the notable exception of playing against Barca when clearly unfit) and as I mentioned before he fucked off to watch the Spanish grand prix on the last day of the season rather than accompany the team he captains to see if they could get the possibly very important third spot instead of fourth.

You're making too much of that Grand Prix thing, I would guess Wenger just told Fabregas he could go off on his holidays early and that's where he ended up. Despite me not agreeing with Andy's point about Fabregas' injuries being caused by playing too much, it is still true that he has been with the Spain squad for the last 3 summers and it makes sense to let him go off and relax for a bit before next season. Having him sit there in the Emirates looking glum at his inept team mates hardly seems much more useful.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 9th, 2011, 8:48 AM
Apparently this Croskery lad is 14 he was just playing with 16 year olds.

You're right

“Sir Alex [Ferguson] watched him playing one day against Chelsea at Carrington and he liked him. The rest of the players were all 16 and Ruairi was only 14, and Ferguson told me that himself,” said Eddie.

Approval from Sir Alex is a better sign than a comparison with David Healy :yes:

Simon
June 9th, 2011, 8:51 AM
You're making too much of that Grand Prix thing, I would guess Wenger just told Fabregas he could go off on his holidays early and that's where he ended up. Despite me not agreeing with Andy's point about Fabregas' injuries being caused by playing too much, it is still true that he has been with the Spain squad for the last 3 summers and it makes sense to let him go off and relax for a bit before next season. Having him sit there in the Emirates looking glum at his inept team mates hardly seems much more useful.

If it was our captain I'd be fucked off. I think you expect more of a club captain than that honestly. It wasn't a nothing game (even if it was unlikely that they would make third) and he's not just any player, he's their captain. I am genuinely surprised that more wasn't made of it, particularly with all the rumours surrounding his future. Very disrespectful IMO, and Wenger sanctioning is even less comprehensible. Perhaps sucking his arse in a bid to get him to stay, which seems to be his way, for example giving the captaincy to anyone who thinks they might want out.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 9th, 2011, 8:56 AM
If it was our captain I'd be fucked off. I think you expect more of a club captain than that honestly. It wasn't a nothing game (even if it was unlikely that they would make third) and he's not just any player, he's their captain. I am genuinely surprised that more wasn't made of it, particularly with all the rumours surrounding his future. Very disrespectful IMO, and Wenger sanctioning is even less comprehensible. Perhaps sucking his arse in a bid to get him to stay, which seems to be his way, for example giving the captaincy to anyone who thinks they might want out.

It's not disrespectful, get over it. He wasn't going to be playing in the game, if he has permission to go off and do whatever he likes at the end of the season then it's fine. The fact of the matter is that if it was Ledley King, he'd be at the game getting pissed which is hardly any better.

You're just being a gaylord about this because it is Arsenal. He appeared in a public place, that's all this is about. If he'd been at his mum's having dinner, you'd not even have noticed him not being at the game.

More wasn't made out of it because it was an absolutely nothing story.

Winkle van Tinkle
June 9th, 2011, 9:00 AM
To be honest, if he'd have watched the game, he'd have had more reason to leave us. I'm delighted he didnt see it.

Simon
June 9th, 2011, 9:06 AM
It's not disrespectful, get over it. He wasn't going to be playing in the game, if he has permission to go off and do whatever he likes at the end of the season then it's fine. The fact of the matter is that if it was Ledley King, he'd be at the game getting pissed which is hardly any better.

You're just being a gaylord about this because it is Arsenal. He appeared in a public place, that's all this is about. If he'd been at his mum's having dinner, you'd not even have noticed him not being at the game.

More wasn't made out of it because it was an absolutely nothing story.

Na like I said, if it had been a Spurs player (let alone captain) I would be annoyed. Of course if it hadn't been in public I wouldn't have noticed but that doesn't justify it. Do you not think that a figurehead of the club should be expected to attend games even if they are unfit, unless the injury makes it difficult for them to be there? It's disrespectful. You wouldn't see the captain of any other top club do it. If he was allowed to by the manager then it absolves him of any wrongdoing, but then the question is why was Wenger allowing him to, and why did Fabregas prefer not to be there?

El Capitano Gatisto
June 9th, 2011, 9:12 AM
No, I don't think a captain should have to be at a game if he has permission not to be. Do you think every captain travels to every game when he's not fit? You think if a captain is not fit for a CL game in Europe, that his manager wouldn't tell him to stay at home with his family if he wants?

Especially not at the end of the season. There's no reason at all why Fabregas should not just be allowed to go off and take his holidays early, he's been almost constantly involved in football for a number of years now. Missing one game is not a big deal. It would be disrespectful if he went off without telling anyone, but given that we live in the real world here, it's easy to imagine he was given the time off and wished his chums luck before heading off to enjoy himself.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 9th, 2011, 9:24 AM
FootballAgentPM, probably the only half reliable ITK on twitter

http://twitter.com/#!/FootballAgentPM

Nasri to United is happening, isn't it?

El Capitano Gatisto
June 9th, 2011, 9:38 AM
Sky Sports quoted Bojan's agent as saying he is in talks with Udinese but he's not sure whether it's an exchange for Sanchez or a straight transfer. Seems likely Barcelona will get Alexis Sanchez, which will be fun to see.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 9th, 2011, 9:40 AM
Where will Sanchez play? As good as he is, I can't see them dropping Pedro, Villa or Messi. Villa's near on 30, so I suppose he'll rotate with him.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 9th, 2011, 9:42 AM
Sanchez is quality from what I've seen, but he's a lot more 'direct' than the players Barcelona normally go for. He'll have to adapt his game somewhat

Simon
June 9th, 2011, 9:46 AM
I like that there seems to be a new ideology from the real top clubs that (aside from political signings like Fabs or Ronaldo) they are trying to sign players that aren't already at that level. I love seeing lesser-known players get signed by the top clubs and quickly become household names. Sanchez seems to fit into that mould even if he is going to cost a bomb.

Just think, a few years ago not many people had heard of Pedro, Busquets, Higuain, Di Maria, Ozil, Hernandez etc. I'm looking forward to seeing this Sahin as well, I've not seen much German football but by all accounts he was instrumental in Dortmund's success in an increasingly powerful league. Maybe this has been the case all along and I've just got selective memory but it felt a while ago that the top clubs were always after the same select group of players, perhaps this is a result of the economic downturn and clubs are increasingly looking to buy young players who are less well-established so that they can turn a profit on them.

Who have you lot seen that you instantly think "he could do it at a higher level"? One that sticks out for me is Welliton at Spartak Moscow, I randomly caught a couple of their games last year and he looks superb. Falcao at Porto is another, he's really come to the fore this season but I remember when he first signed for Porto (in fact before that when he was at River Plate) I tried to see him a few times as Spurs had been linked with him and he looked a real gem.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 9th, 2011, 9:49 AM
I haven't seen much of Sanchez at all to be honest, what I have seen I've said before that he looks like a more skillful version of Aaron Lennon. Can't cross, can't pass, can't shoot but can go around a man 8 times before sticking it out for a goalkick. However, by most accounts he has been absolutely superb this season for Udinese in a central role and has had a "breakthrough" season in terms of his quality. Barca need strength in their squad, as beyond the front 3 they have Bojan and then a load of less well-known youngsters.

Luis Suarez is a player who I watched a good few times for Uruguay and thought immediately he had a touch of absolute class about him. Looking forward to seeing him in a full Premier League season.

Bad Collin
June 9th, 2011, 9:55 AM
Hulk for me, I would love to see him in England.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 9th, 2011, 9:57 AM
Coentrao is a player I think could be outstanding at a top club. Especially playing further up the field as a winger

edit: obviously I know that Benfica are a top club, but I'm talking about a team that will challenge for the European Cup on a regular basis.

Simon
June 9th, 2011, 10:47 AM
What do you reckon about this KMH? Pie in the sky cos of his wages but :dunno:

Told rio is def on Arry wants him big time. Will happen it seems

From everyone's favourite man up a tree, BEN.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 9th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Why would we get rid of undoubtedly our best defender, just as his injury problems seem to be done with? More chance of Vidic leaving than Rio.

Then again, it's quite obvious Fergie is doing a 1995 job on the squad, getting rid of experienced players and bringing through youth, so I wouldn't be surprised if there are a couple more shocks in players leaving the club. That'll probably be Nani and Berbatov, though, not Rio.

I think that defeat to Barcelona might have sent Sir Alex a bit mental. I wouldn't have even considered the possibility of him selling O'Shea, Brown and Gibson this summer. Very odd.

Cleverley, Welbeck, Morrison, Pogba and Tunnicliffe in the first team next year, too :yes:

Simon
June 9th, 2011, 10:58 AM
The Independent yesterday was saying that Nani had almost certainly played his last game for the club, it struck me as incredibly odd considering he was your best player last season. Selling him in order to sign Young would be idiotic, IMO Nani has developed into one of the most effective players in the league. He's not particularly rumoured to have a bad attitude or anything, so why would he be pushed out? The Independent went as far as to say that if Valencia hadn't got injured, Nani would barely have played last season which strikes me as obvious nonsense.

EDIT: Linkies...

Ferguson reiterated that he was "looking at possibly a couple, maybe three signings, which would boost our overall quality in the team". But Sunderland will try to take Darron Gibson and Wes Brown if manager Steve Bruce can secure £20m for Jordan Henderson, which he badly wants to do.

There is also a strong view from Portugal that Luis Nani, United's players' player of the year, has played his last game for the club, having concluded that he would have played only a minimal part this season if Antonio Valencia had not been injured for most of it.

Nani drew personal motivation from being part of a title-winning side in the absence of his close friend Cristiano Ronaldo and the accomplishment of that, coupled with the possible arrival of Young, will reaffirm his believe that he is simply not Ferguson's first choice. Valencia got the nod ahead of him in the Champions League final. Nani is only 18 months into a contract, though, and United may require a £20m offer to release him.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/fergusons-19th-title-taunt-to-liverpool-its-our-time-now-2293893.html

Lagom
June 9th, 2011, 11:03 AM
It'll be great to see players like that getting a go in the first team. I'm fully prepared for us to miss out on a left back this summer by not striking soon enough, and it doesn't worry me too much because we can play Flanagan or Robinson there. Coady will surely make the step up, as well as Kelly and Spearing getting more game time. I'm hoping that Pacheco and Sterling get a chance under Dalglish, both could be decent back-up to Suarez if needs be, and would save us paying out for anyone else.

I'm looking forward to seeing more youth about across the league next season

Gangers
June 9th, 2011, 11:04 AM
All three of those sales seems utterly bizarre. Gibson, sure. Brown, sure if someone is willing to pay an ok price for him. But O'Shea? Agree with KMH and Si here, O'Shea must be wondering if he accidentally fucked Fergie's wife or something. Does a good job, reliable and trustworthy and knows the club inside out. No sense in getting rid of him.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 9th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Getting rid of Nani, for an inferior player like Young, is stupid as fuck, but it's what is going to happen. I'm certain of it.

Simon
June 9th, 2011, 11:07 AM
I get a bit jealous seeing you lads talking about your youth products coming through. We have quite a few supposedly good kids but Redknapp just has no interest in playing them. Even the ones that have come through like Bale and Rose only got in through luck because of injuries etc, Bale was about to be loaned out to fucking QPR or Forest before Ekotto done himself in.

We're almost certainly not going to use this Caulker who by all accounts is the one standout bright spark we have in the youth setup, the one that everyone is excited about. The rest of them might as well leave now, as long as Redknapp is in charge they won't ever get a go. That includes Bostock, Parrett, Townsend and Kane who are all regulars at various England levels.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 9th, 2011, 11:08 AM
All three of those sales seems utterly bizarre. Gibson, sure. Brown, sure if someone is willing to pay an ok price for him. But O'Shea? Agree with KMH and Si here, O'Shea must be wondering if he accidentally fucked Fergie's wife or something. Does a good job, reliable and trustworthy and knows the club inside out. No sense in getting rid of him.

I hope O'Shea does an Ole circa 1998 and refuses to leave. He's as good a squad player as we're likely to find. If he was any better he'd be pushing for a move to a CL side for first team football, if he was any worse he'd be a squad player at Arsenal.

John O'Shea must stay.

I'm not writing off Wes Brown, either. First couple of years Rio was at United, I was convinced Wesley was the better player. He was incredible at right back a couple of years ago, and when fit, is definitely United quality.

Gibson can leave.

son_of_foley
June 9th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Has Rose even broken through? Wasnt he on loan last year same as Townsend

son_of_foley
June 9th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Wes Brown could've been something incredible. I think he played a big part in Ferdinand becoming the player he has. He covered for Ferdinand a lot and the amount of times he got blocks in when he was covering for someone else was amazing.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 9th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Also, I heard that Graham Hunter was on the radio last night talking about some time he spent around United. Supposedly, a lot of 'deadwood' is being shipped because everybody at the club considers our current youth to have such potential. Hunter talked about somebody at the club describing Morrison as a 'once in a lifetime' player, but they fear he'll go to shit once he starts making big money.

Lagom
June 9th, 2011, 11:15 AM
You can always cross your fingers that he'll get the England job after Capello and take this team to the 2018 World Cup

Walker

Neville --- Ferdinand --- King --- Le Saux

Beckham --- Scholes --- Ince --- Barnes

Shearer --- Fowler

Simon
June 9th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Has Rose even broken through? Wasnt he on loan last year same as Townsend

He was nowhere near the first team until the end of the season when Ekotto got injured and he went to left back, where I can honestly say he was something of a revelation in those last three or four games, looking very comfortable even against Liverpool and City. Our backup for Ekotto before that was Bassong (not a left back) and Bale (more useful on the wing) so it's handy to have a second choice.

Funnily enough he never convinced as a winger but looked at home at full back, which Redknapp acknowledged in typical cunty fashion at one point, ungraciously saying that he didn't fancy Rose on the wing but rated him further back.

Bad Collin
June 9th, 2011, 11:17 AM
It'll be great to see players like that getting a go in the first team. I'm fully prepared for us to miss out on a left back this summer by not striking soon enough, and it doesn't worry me too much because we can play Flanagan or Robinson there. Coady will surely make the step up, as well as Kelly and Spearing getting more game time. I'm hoping that Pacheco and Sterling get a chance under Dalglish, both could be decent back-up to Suarez if needs be, and would save us paying out for anyone else.

I'm looking forward to seeing more youth about across the league next season

We need a left back mate, Flanaghan and Robinson are not ready for that level of responsibility. We need a classy left back who can put some crosses in for big Andy.

I get a bit jealous seeing you lads talking about your youth products coming through. We have quite a few supposedly good kids but Redknapp just has no interest in playing them. Even the ones that have come through like Bale and Rose only got in through luck because of injuries etc, Bale was about to be loaned out to fucking QPR or Forest before Ekotto done himself in.

We're almost certainly not going to use this Caulker who by all accounts is the one standout bright spark we have in the youth setup, the one that everyone is excited about. The rest of them might as well leave now, as long as Redknapp is in charge they won't ever get a go. That includes Bostock, Parrett, Townsend and Kane who are all regulars at various England levels.

It should be a big season for Kyle Walker.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 9th, 2011, 11:18 AM
It's probably not a case of Brown and O'Shea being got rid of, but Ferguson accepting a bid for them to let them have a chance at this stage of their careers of having regular first team football. Although getting them off the wage bill will probably be useful.

Bad Collin
June 9th, 2011, 11:19 AM
You can always cross your fingers that he'll get the England job after Capello and take this team to the 2018 World Cup

[center] Walker

Shearer --- Fowler[/centre]

:heart: Barnes

Simon
June 9th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Also, I heard that Graham Hunter was on the radio last night talking about some time he spent around United. Supposedly, a lot of 'deadwood' is being shipped because everybody at the club considers our current youth to have such potential. Hunter talked about somebody at the club describing Morrison as a 'once in a lifetime' player, but they fear he'll go to shit once he starts making big money.

Do we know how much contact he has with Ferguson? Presumably at the moment he's handled by the youth coaches mainly, maybe once he gets to the first team he will settle down under Ferguson's wing, as so many have before...then again, I've known people like Morrison before and sometimes they just have no respect for ANYONE, doesn't matter who the person is.

I just found out today that a guy who played for my club when I was a teenager just got arrested for attempted murder because he shot some poor cunt in the back :( stupid cunt was onto big things as well, he had just been signed to Jay-Z's record label.

http://www.nme.com/news/jay-z/57158

Simon
June 9th, 2011, 11:22 AM
It should be a big season for Kyle Walker.

I'd like to think so, but I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if come the start of the season he is still third choice behind Hutton and Charlie.

Lagom
June 9th, 2011, 11:25 AM
:heart: Barnes

Look at me not being able to remember if I'm supposed to be writing in English or American!

Keano's Magic Hat
June 9th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Do we know how much contact he has with Ferguson? Presumably at the moment he's handled by the youth coaches mainly, maybe once he gets to the first team he will settle down under Ferguson's wing, as so many have before...then again, I've known people like Morrison before and sometimes they just have no respect for ANYONE, doesn't matter who the person is.

play yesterdays show, top of the list

http://new.thelounge.com/uk/content/podcast/1502965-the-off-the-ball-football-show

30mins and 30seconds- Hunter talking about what he gathered about our youth team when talking to coaches and stuff at Carrington yesterday

Morrison allegedly told Sir Alex when being suspended that he was going to Arsenal :D So fuck knows, he's been training with the first team a fair bit last season so I'd assume he's in some contact with Sir Alex

Beefy
June 9th, 2011, 11:38 AM
It's probably not a case of Brown and O'Shea being got rid of, but Ferguson accepting a bid for them to let them have a chance at this stage of their careers of having regular first team football. Although getting them off the wage bill will probably be useful.

Exactly. Phil Neville and Nicky Butt did the same thing. Not everyone is happy being a fringe player.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 9th, 2011, 11:46 AM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_6976928,00.html

Simon
June 9th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Ferguson should tell Wenger that it's his turn to call in a favour after letting Arsenal have Silvestre a few years back.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 9th, 2011, 11:48 AM
:D

El Capitano Gatisto
June 9th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Bloody hell, this will be fun. I think that would be a fantastic signing for United and a real body blow for Arsenal. Still don't see it happening at all.

son_of_foley
June 9th, 2011, 12:00 PM
I think Wenger needs to sort out the wings this year. Didn't he buy Nasri for the wing originally? Same as Hleb and Arshavin, it's out of position. It slows the side down it leads to more of that slow build up (well Hleb allowed the fullbacks forward but never drove into the box himself)

If Fabregas goes I think Walcott off Van Persie should be trailled. I think a 4-4-2 could suit. Van Persie doesn't necessarily need the big lump to play off I think having that pace to get in behind would allow him the space he likes to drop deep.

Wilshire and Song in the centre or Wilshire and Ramsey when they want to take the game to someone

Keano's Magic Hat
June 9th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Yeah, Arsenal's attacking play with the current formation just seems so non-threatening. I find it incredibly dull to watch.

The football certainly isn't in the same class as that of Arsenal's heyday, the 4-4-2 with Cole, Pires and Henry linking up on the left side, and Bergkamp destroying teams with his ability to pick a pass from the centre. Watching that side play was frightening at times.

son_of_foley
June 9th, 2011, 12:10 PM
As stupid as it sounds if Arsenal could swap Nasri for Nani they would be onto a winner. I don't know what's in it for Nani though. LAWN-DONE?

El Capitano Gatisto
June 9th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Nani's value would be above Nasri's right now with all things considered.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 9th, 2011, 12:19 PM
If Nasri does sign for United, and I seriously doubt he will, he'll have to stop wearing that stupid fucking snood. That could be a huge stumbling block when it comes to negotiations. He's a bit of puff is Nasri.

Andy
June 9th, 2011, 12:50 PM
The Nasri situation has been dealt with absolutely appallingly by Arsenal. We gave Eboue new terms in the middle of the season (fucking hell) but the line on Nasri was that it had to wait until summer. Why? It's put him and his agent in complete control because they know they can hold the club to ransom. And apparently he wants parity with Fabregas which just isn't going to happen.

Wenger has openly said he won't sell to United and I can't see it happening. If he does however, there will be some serious damage limitation needed, if that doesn't lose him the support of the fans altogether. It's a ridiculous situation to be in really and it needs to be sorted sooner rather than later.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 9th, 2011, 12:57 PM
It appears that the Ferdinand - Spurs rumour is catching on. I really hope that's bullshit.

Also, seeing as we're talking about Rio, I sometimes think United fans are alone in rating Ferdinand above Vidic. Vidic is a very good defender but he's never been and never will be in the same class as Rio Ferdinand. He's the best centre back I have ever seen, it would be the most stupid thing in the history of the world to get rid of him.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 9th, 2011, 12:58 PM
The Nasri situation has been dealt with absolutely appallingly by Arsenal. We gave Eboue new terms in the middle of the season (fucking hell) but the line on Nasri was that it had to wait until summer. Why? It's put him and his agent in complete control because they know they can hold the club to ransom. And apparently he wants parity with Fabregas which just isn't going to happen.

Wenger has openly said he won't sell to United and I can't see it happening. If he does however, there will be some serious damage limitation needed, if that doesn't lose him the support of the fans altogether. It's a ridiculous situation to be in really and it needs to be sorted sooner rather than later.

Yeah, it's odd. Similar thing happened with Flamini.

Andy, I gather a lot of Arsenal fans don't rate Nasri as a central midfield player, and would much rather see him on the wing. What's his best position in your opinion?

The Rosk
June 9th, 2011, 1:02 PM
I think Nani is off because Ferguson needs a lot more consistency. Also someone who is less of a complete cunt who thinks he is better than he is.

He's had one very good season but even then tailed off massively.

As for Kyle Walker - I would be extremely surprised if he didn't go ahead of Hutton and Corluka. He looked very good for us.

Andy
June 9th, 2011, 1:21 PM
Yeah, it's odd. Similar thing happened with Flamini.

Andy, I gather a lot of Arsenal fans don't rate Nasri as a central midfield player, and would much rather see him on the wing. What's his best position in your opinion?

He hasn't played in the centre for us much. He did for a run of games about 18 months ago in a deep position similar to Wilshere and didn't have a great impact. That was a while ago though and he's developed a lot as a player since then. I think he could definitely play CM and do a good job of it, he's bulked up and some of his running past players was fantastic last season. Apparently he's played through the middle for France a few times recently and has done well. It's hard to say that's his best position because we haven't seen enough of him there but I have no doubt he'd do well there.

Simon
June 9th, 2011, 1:37 PM
I think Nani is off because Ferguson needs a lot more consistency. Also someone who is less of a complete cunt who thinks he is better than he is.

He's had one very good season but even then tailed off massively.

As for Kyle Walker - I would be extremely surprised if he didn't go ahead of Hutton and Corluka. He looked very good for us.

I would hope so. But you just have to look at Redknapp's record of bringing kids through, he has no interest in it.

connorboy
June 9th, 2011, 1:44 PM
I would hope so. But you just have to look at Redknapp's record of bringing kids through, he has no interest in it.

Apart from Lampard, Carrick, Ferdinand, Joe Cole and Defoe that is

RFF Champ
June 9th, 2011, 2:48 PM
Supposedly we're having Cabaye in for a medical and a press conference to announce the signing tomorrow. He's playing for France now though. I wish they would just getitdun.

Winkle van Tinkle
June 9th, 2011, 4:08 PM
Nasri doesn't deserve parity with Fabregas, RVP etc. Yes, he has bags of potential, but in 3 years he's had 6 solid months. I'm all for him being put in the same bracket as the other two when he proves himself. Obviously i want him to stay, but if a 30k pay rise per week isn't enough for him, fuck him.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 9th, 2011, 4:30 PM
Maybe he wants to win trophies?

Simon
June 9th, 2011, 4:53 PM
Apart from Lampard, Carrick, Ferdinand, Joe Cole and Defoe that is

And since then? That was ten years ago now.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 9th, 2011, 4:55 PM
The Times say Liverpool have bid £5m for Gael Clichy..

..finally, some decent transfer news for Arsenal fans. Snap their fucking hands off, he's shite.

Simon
June 9th, 2011, 4:57 PM
I'm enjoying this new found Italian outlook where all the top teams buy players off each other. Before Torres when had it really happened in recent years? Silvestre, Veron...Mikel if he counts.

Bad Collin
June 9th, 2011, 4:57 PM
They better be wrong or lying...

UK Blue
June 9th, 2011, 5:07 PM
And since then? That was ten years ago now.

To be fair to him, he was with us for half of that time and we never had any young players worth bringing through.

Mark Chamberlain (our youth coach at the time) told his son to join Southampton instead of us as our youth system was so shocking. So we sacked him.

Andy
June 9th, 2011, 5:08 PM
If we get a bit of £8m or so we should take it pr

Andy
June 9th, 2011, 5:09 PM
If we get a bid of £8m or so we should take it, try and get Enrique in or something.

UK Blue
June 9th, 2011, 5:12 PM
Maxwell would be a good replacement. Read today that Barca might be looking to get rid.

turdpower
June 9th, 2011, 5:15 PM
The Times say Liverpool have bid £5m for Gael Clichy..

..finally, some decent transfer news for Arsenal fans. Snap their fucking hands off, he's shite.

I'm enjoying this new found Italian outlook where all the top teams buy players off each other. Before Torres when had it really happened in recent years? Silvestre, Veron...Mikel if he counts.

LULZ

turdpower
June 9th, 2011, 5:15 PM

Walker

Shearer --- Fowler

I'd genuinely be more excited about that team then anything we will actually send.

turdpower
June 9th, 2011, 5:18 PM
Exactly. Phil Neville and Nicky Butt did the same thing. Not everyone is happy being a fringe player.

Neither of these players were getting anywhere near the first team when they left. O'Shea isn't QUITE in that category, yet.

turdpower
June 9th, 2011, 5:21 PM
If Nasri does sign for United, and I seriously doubt he will, he'll have to stop wearing that stupid fucking snood. That could be a huge stumbling block when it comes to negotiations. He's a bit of puff is Nasri.

Our players are banned from wearing them appaz. Read that a while back.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 9th, 2011, 5:22 PM
as they should be

El Capitano Gatisto
All players have been banned from wearing them starting next season. FIFA banned them completely.

turdpower
Ah, there we go.

connorboy
June 9th, 2011, 5:53 PM
Which is bollocks. I was looking forward to rocking mine out this season

Keano's Magic Hat
June 9th, 2011, 6:16 PM
ahaha, quite a few of tomorrow's papers running with a story of United making an offer of £8m for Samir Nasri :lol: £8m ffs, somehwere in a dark, lonely room, Arsene Wenger is rocking back and forth, weeping into a Tony Adams' signed snood

Mirror also says we've offered Young 130k a week :shocked: £16m transfer fee

Clichy to Liverpool £5m and Oxlade Chaimberlain to Arsenal.

turdpower
June 9th, 2011, 6:51 PM
130k a week? I hope that's a 40k a week + 90k goal bonus.

Andy
June 9th, 2011, 6:56 PM
No chance. The thing with Nasri to United that makes people think he's bluffing is that if United were willing to give him what he's asking from Arsenal, he'd be second only to Rooney on the wage bill.

Andy
June 9th, 2011, 6:57 PM
Papers up here reckon Beram Kayal to Bolton for £3m could happen.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 9th, 2011, 7:06 PM
No chance. The thing with Nasri to United that makes people think he's bluffing is that if United were willing to give him what he's asking from Arsenal, he'd be second only to Rooney on the wage bill.

None of really know what these players are earning. You don't know how much Nasri is requesting. If we're to believe the press then Ashley Young, likely to be used as a squad player, is coming in as the second highest earner at the club. It's all speculative.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 9th, 2011, 7:08 PM
Also, ESPN reporting that the Jones deal has hit a snag, as Blackburn value him at £25m and claim the £16m buy out clause merely allows the player to talk to the bidding club :confused:

Andy
June 9th, 2011, 7:08 PM
Yeah none of us really know, but by most accounts Nasri wants parity with Cesc, who is definitely earning more than £100k per week. Surely a player of Young's quality (ie a squad player probably) can't just come in and demand that much. United would just tell him to fuck off to Liverpool or where ever. I know none of us can say for sure but I think we can file that one under bullshit.

RuneEdge
June 9th, 2011, 7:12 PM
Also, ESPN reporting that the Jones deal has hit a snag, as Blackburn value him at £25m and claim the £16m buy out clause merely allows the player to talk to the bidding club :confused:

:wtf:
So what happens if you bid £16m and the player agrees on the contract offer?

Simon
June 9th, 2011, 7:27 PM
My French is a bit rusty but I think Clichy has just confirmed the Liverpool move on Twitter. I'm on my phone so I can't link to it but I'm pretty sure that is the gist of it.

Second City Saint
June 9th, 2011, 7:34 PM
"I wish to announce that I will sign to Liverpool. Thank you to Arsenal fans for your (something something)."

"I appreciated my time at Arsenal and I want to thank Arsene Wenger for making me the player I am today."

"The time has come for a new chapter in my career. I'm looking forward to playing for Liverpool next year and (something)"

Is that account real though? Only three tweets.

Andy
June 9th, 2011, 7:34 PM
thegoonblog The Goon Blog
Things change quickly with transfers, sometimes this isn't taken into account. As it stands, it's very likely Samba will be an #afc player.
10 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

thegoonblog The Goon Blog
Just to summarise: #afc in advanced negotiations for #brfc's Samba. Don't know when it will be done. Could still fall through! Schwarzer??!

This guy is usually reliable. :dunno:

Andy
June 9th, 2011, 7:37 PM
Also unless I've completely missed it, I don't think Clichy is on Twitter. :\

Second City Saint
June 9th, 2011, 7:39 PM
EDIT: the twitter Simon's apparently following: http://twitter.com/#!/Gael22Clichy (http://twitter.com/#%21/Gael22Clichy)

...ignore the other one I posted

Andy
June 9th, 2011, 7:40 PM
Neither of them are verified. :dunno:

Second City Saint
June 9th, 2011, 7:42 PM
EDIT: I can't read

Andy
June 9th, 2011, 7:44 PM
Whoever it is on the first account has just called themselves "verified account" by the looks of it. It doesn't have the blue tick thing.

Second City Saint
June 9th, 2011, 7:45 PM
They tricked me :$

Chris Scott
June 9th, 2011, 8:17 PM
Gail Clichy?

I would play Insua there.

Bad Collin
June 10th, 2011, 3:17 AM
Andy, how good is Clichy at crossing these days?

da_man
June 10th, 2011, 3:55 AM
Stephen Warnock would be cheap as chips for Liverpool to get I'd imagine. Probably behind Leighton Baines now in terms of ability but still a much better left-back than he has shown at Villa.

1_Pablo_Angel
June 10th, 2011, 3:57 AM
He showed it for half a season, then he was shit for 12 months and also a miserable cunt.

da_man
June 10th, 2011, 4:01 AM
He was always one of the most jovial characters at Rovers. Unhappy camp at Villa - too many yardies and drunkards.

The Rosk
June 10th, 2011, 4:04 AM
He was one of the drunkards.

Hlebsfall
June 10th, 2011, 5:21 AM
Clichy is utter shit. Seriously bad. His crossing is atrocious. The only decent cross I remember him sticking in all season was with his right foot when, during one of Arsenal's many shit performances of the season, they scored in the last minute to beat West Ham.

Chris Scott
June 10th, 2011, 5:57 AM
£5m though not much nowadays is it.

Mik
June 10th, 2011, 6:29 AM
So apparently the figure for Henderson was £19.5m when including add-ons and £16m without them. He's got a long career ahead of him, so I'd imagine we'd get close to the £19.5m mark for him. N'Gog is apparently valued at around £3m and we will be negotiating with him when he returns from injury. He doesnt seem overly enthusiastic though. O'Shea is wanting to stick at Man Utd if he can. I find this reporting to be a tad odd:

Reports coming out of Korea yesterday suggested Dong-Won was close to completing a £1m move from K-League outfit Chunnam Dragons, with the Black Cats also hoping to tie up a deal for Liverpool’s David N’gog once he returns from holiday.

Six-foot-one striker Dong-Won recently scored for South Korea against a Ghana side containing Black Cats’ front man Asamoah Gyan.

The 20-year-old has attracted interest with his impressive goalscoring record for both club and country and would add a much-needed physical presence to Sunderland’s front line.

Dong-Won has scored nine goals in 32 appearances for the Dragons since joining in 2010 and has netted six times in eleven international games.

Since when is 9 goals in 32 appearances for a striker an 'impressive goalscoring record'

Mik
June 10th, 2011, 6:35 AM
Also, some of these transfer reports make no sense at all. Tottenham will demand/Sunderland will offer Gyan as part of a deal for Peter Crouch. First, we're looking for a big striker to COMPLIMENT Gyan, not to replace him. Secondly, Gyan is worth significantly more than Crouch.

Simon
June 10th, 2011, 6:39 AM
Also, some of these transfer reports make no sense at all. Tottenham will demand/Sunderland will offer Gyan as part of a deal for Peter Crouch. First, we're looking for a big striker to COMPLIMENT Gyan, not to replace him. Secondly, Gyan is worth significantly more than Crouch.

I would imagine they mean that if they want Crouch, they will have to let us sign Gyan. It would probably be Crouch plus somewhere around £10m at a guess? Would be unbelievably stupid of you to sell Gyan when you're obviously well set for money at the moment, the question is whether you can convince Gyan to stay. I really rate him and would love us to sign him.

Mik
June 10th, 2011, 6:41 AM
If you signed him, I would hate you forever. I think that he's pretty happy at Sunderland but letting Muntari and John Mensah go might've tarnished that a bit for him. Depends on how we get on next season I'd imagine. We're trying to build a team around Gyan in terms of getting strikers in that compliment him. I'd be fucked off if we got rid of a fast play system to start lumping the fucking ball up to Crouch. Ironically as it turns out now we should've kept Kenwyne Jones, who we let go because he didnt compliment Bent.

Beefy
June 10th, 2011, 6:43 AM
I can't see Gyan there long-term but at the same time he doesn't seem the type to try to force a move after twelve months.

Hlebsfall
June 10th, 2011, 6:45 AM
£5m though not much nowadays is it.

It is for a left back that's not worth the steam off my piss.

Simon
June 10th, 2011, 6:45 AM
When you put it like that it doesn't seem like there's much thought to your transfer setup. Then again I suppose Bent wasn't expected to want out.

Gyan seems like a decent lad and seems happy at Sunderland, you should be able to keep him for another year at least. That said he would be quite high on my list of realistic targets for Spurs so if we can get him it would be worth your unending fury.

I really hope we get Falcao. I just get the feeling he could be a real monster for us.

Gangers
June 10th, 2011, 6:48 AM
FALCAO PUNCH

Mik
June 10th, 2011, 6:48 AM
In honesty I'm not convinced in Bruce's transfer dealings so far. We've had bigger transfers than ever before, but thats more linked to the funding we've received thanks to Quinn than it is due to great wheeler dealing from Brucie. This is an integral year for him as far as I'm concerned.

Andy
June 10th, 2011, 6:56 AM
Andy, how good is Clichy at crossing these days?

Shite. He's made one assist from a cross in the last two or three years. He can't hold a line at the back either, he always plays people onside. And he's prone to making at least five horrific errors per season.

He's not a terrible player, but for me he's pretty typical of the nearly-men we have at the club at the moment. Decent quality, but makes stupid mistakes, doesn't step up when needed and shows no leadership despite being one of the longest serving players at the club.

Simon
June 10th, 2011, 7:19 AM
Young has agreed terms apparently. Hotting up.

Bad Collin
June 10th, 2011, 7:26 AM
Looks like number 20 is on the way :(

Based on transfers and speculation so far it looks possible that Arsenal could have a hard fight for fourth next year.

Simon
June 10th, 2011, 7:28 AM
Number 20?

Bad Collin
June 10th, 2011, 7:41 AM
United's titles.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 10th, 2011, 7:42 AM
Ashley Young has cancelled his wedding in order to get his medical done ASAP. Good man.

The Rosk
June 10th, 2011, 7:44 AM
I can sense the tide turning in KMH's thoughts about Ash any second now.

Gary J
June 10th, 2011, 7:48 AM
I think Ashley Young will step up his game like Valencia did as i don't think too many Man Utd fans were enthused by his signing either.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 10th, 2011, 7:48 AM
Young also did a Berbatov and rejected a fatter contract from City because he wanted to play for United. You could be right, Rosk, I'm starting to like him :ashamed:

Red Dog
June 10th, 2011, 7:54 AM
So apparently the figure for Henderson was £19.5m when including add-ons and £16m without them. He's got a long career ahead of him, so I'd imagine we'd get close to the £19.5m mark for him. N'Gog is apparently valued at around £3m and we will be negotiating with him when he returns from injury. He doesnt seem overly enthusiastic though. O'Shea is wanting to stick at Man Utd if he can. I find this reporting to be a tad odd:

Since when is 9 goals in 32 appearances for a striker an 'impressive goalscoring record'
If you put them together it is 15 in 43 which is not too bad.

Certainly better than any of our strikers managed last year.

The Rosk
June 10th, 2011, 7:56 AM
KMH is the most fickle man on this forum. Laughably predictable.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 10th, 2011, 8:00 AM
Rosk becoming a forum laughing-stock with his 'potentially in decline' argument has seen him do his best to get under my skin ever since. It's pathetic.

Anyway, I have nothing against Young :confused: Never have, and have always said he's a very good player.. he's just not what we need and isn't as good as Nani. Some of my favourite players have been shite at football. I'm not sure what me 'liking' a player rejecting City has to do with being 'fickle'.. I was indifferent to him, and now he's alright.

The Rosk
June 10th, 2011, 8:05 AM
Laughing stock by you and... Red Dog? Heavyweights.

You owe me £100 because I took easy advantage of your blind ignorance...

Keano's Magic Hat
June 10th, 2011, 8:07 AM
saying that, I am incredibly fickle and I'm also (easily, though I have to take a step back to realise it) one of, if not the, most biased person on this forum when it comes to football opinions. No shit.

Simon
June 10th, 2011, 8:07 AM
Has KMH still not paid up?

Keano's Magic Hat
June 10th, 2011, 8:08 AM
Laughing stock by you and... Red Dog? Heavyweights.

:lol: You are a joke. 'heavyweights' ffs :D

The Rosk
June 10th, 2011, 8:10 AM
Has KMH still not paid up?

Of course he hasn't.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 10th, 2011, 8:10 AM
I sent you a PM a month back, you knob. Still waiting on a reply :rolleyes:

Simon
June 10th, 2011, 8:11 AM
You've changed your tune, I said without any fear of being wrong that this is exactly what was going to happen and both of you insisted that there would be no problem.

Simon
I sent you a PM a month back, you knob. Still waiting on a reply :rolleyes:

PM saying what? Asking for bank details?

Andy
Luka Modric, June 10: "I'm a Tottenham player and will be in London on July 7 to begin preparing for the season. But I want to say that transfers could occur later. In England it is often the case they happen on the last day of the transfer period, August 31, so it is pointless to worry about anything now. If my situation changes after the start of preparation it would not be a problem."

The Rosk
There has been a precedent with BBF here. Bit shit for him not to pay, and also pay the charity money.

I have paid everyone full whack for the GOD, talking with BC about the Pool bet and the UK Blue bet was resolved. It's not hard is it.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 10th, 2011, 8:12 AM
There has been a precedent with BBF here. Bit shit for him not to pay, and also pay the charity money.

I have paid everyone full whack for the GOD, talking with BC about the Pool bet and the UK Blue bet was resolved. It's not hard is it.

link me up with the charity, a justgiving page whatever, I'll put in £100 by the end of next week.

YOU haven't replied to my PM. I genuinely have no idea what you want, do you want the money to go straight to a charity?

Simon
June 10th, 2011, 8:12 AM
£100 bet with someone you don't know on the internet goes unpaid, what a shock. Of course £5 bets will get paid, it's not worth the hassle and embarrassment. There was literally no way £100 was going to change hands. The Rosk will deny it of course but I would be pretty sure he wouldn't have paid the other way around either, why would he?

Simon
June 10th, 2011, 8:13 AM
When did the charity element come in?

The Rosk
June 10th, 2011, 8:13 AM
Of course I would. What is the point in the bet otherwise? I still have faith in KMH.

The Rosk
June 10th, 2011, 8:14 AM
When did the charity element come in?

I said I'd donate £25 of the £100 to a charity of the "person who guesses the timescale of the payment most correctly"'s choice.

Simon
June 10th, 2011, 8:15 AM
Like I said it's a very easy thing to say because you won the bet. I have no way of proving otherwise and I should probably give you the benefit of the doubt, but realistically I imagine if it was the other way round you would be doing the same, just as most people would. These relatively high-money bets are dumb because unless you know the other person there's fuck all benefit to paying out. Oh you will look like a welcher on a bet, so what.

Simon
June 10th, 2011, 8:17 AM
I said I'd donate £25 of the £100 to a charity of the "person who guesses the timescale of the payment most correctly"'s choice.

Oh right. Well why don't you say in here right now what the charity is, KMH can immediately donate online and have proof of the donation within ten minutes in the form of a link to the donations page which will show the donation amount and his name listed as KMH. Simple enough, if he actually has any interest in doing it.

The Rosk
June 10th, 2011, 8:17 AM
It's not high money, without being too dickheady about it. It's not like we said £10k Man City will reach top four. It was also over the period of a season.

The Rosk
June 10th, 2011, 8:18 AM
Oh right. Well why don't you say in here right now what the charity is, KMH can immediately donate online and have proof of the donation within ten minutes in the form of a link to the donations page which will show the donation amount and his name listed as KMH. Simple enough, if he actually has any interest in doing it.

Because if he pays the charity £25 and not me he still has not paid what is owed. And I am happy to put the money into the charity. Only one transaction needed.

Simon
It's high enough money to decide you'd rather keep the money and take the stick that comes your way.

Keano's Magic Hat
Rosk should be a man, and forfeit the entire £100 to a charity. starving african children need the money more than you.

also, the idea of giving you £100 makes me sick. I wouldn't mind if you wasn't such an arsehole most of the time. At least when the bookies take your money, you don't have to deal with them gloating for the rest of time.

You'll get the £100, though, seeing as you have FINALLY responded to a PM i sent a month back. How was you expecting me to pay up when I literally had no details? I think you just like a good moan.

Simon
June 10th, 2011, 8:19 AM
Because if he pays the charity £25 and not me he still has not paid what is owed. And I am happy to put the money into the charity. Only one transaction needed.

He can pay you the £75 separately surely. The £25 could go into the charity immediately if he has any interest in giving you the money, or indeed if you actually intend to pay the money into a charity rather than keep it for yourself.

Simon
Rosk should be a man, and forfeit the entire £100 to a charity. starving african children need the money more than you.

also, the idea of giving you £100 makes me sick. I wouldn't mind if you wasn't such an arsehole most of the time. At least when the bookies take your money, you don't have to deal with them gloating for the rest of time.

Irrelevant. A bet is a bet.

The Rosk

:lol:

The Rosk
June 10th, 2011, 8:20 AM
He can pay you the £75 separately surely. The £25 could go into the charity immediately if he has any interest in giving you the money, or indeed if you actually intend to pay the money into a charity rather than keep it for yourself.

The timing of the moment his money reaches my account is what matters though. That's when I decide on what charity it goes to.

Simon
June 10th, 2011, 8:21 AM
The timing of the moment his money reaches my account is what matters though. That's when I decide on what charity it goes to.

Why on earth would the timing matter. I bet none of this money goes to charity.

The Rosk
June 10th, 2011, 8:28 AM
Why on earth would the timing matter. I bet none of this money goes to charity.

Simon are you a little strange? You don't know why the timing would matter and you don't know why I am sorting any part of this to go to charity.

However, in the thread I made about this, you actually VOTED YOURSELF for a time slot he would pay it off by :wtf:

turdpower
June 10th, 2011, 8:31 AM
Simon, I bet you a hundred quid that 25 quid goes to charity.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 10th, 2011, 8:41 AM
Darron Gibson

"It would not only be a massive help for us going together but it would be a massive boost for Sunderland as well because we’ve played together for four or five years, we know each other and that experience would be brilliant for any team. Even if we went individually it would be brilliant for the club. To be fair, if Sunderland got the three of us it would be unbelievable business for Sunderland."

modest as usual :rolleyes:

Alf
June 10th, 2011, 8:54 AM
Fucking hell. What a cunt.

I'm just pissed off that this might me we won't get to sell our dross to them.

Andy
June 10th, 2011, 8:54 AM
French press are reporting Man City have come over the top of everyone else to sign Gervinho. £15m and £150k/week

Keano's Magic Hat
June 10th, 2011, 9:08 AM
City are a fucking joke club. 150k a week for Gervinho?

RuneEdge
June 10th, 2011, 9:09 AM
Luka Modric, June 10: "I'm a Tottenham player and will be in London on July 7 to begin preparing for the season. But I want to say that transfers could occur later. In England it is often the case they happen on the last day of the transfer period, August 31, so it is pointless to worry about anything now. If my situation changes after the start of preparation it would not be a problem."

Sneijder's saying he wants to stay so I guess its down to Modric and Nasri for us. I hope all deals get wrapped up before pre-season starts so we get to see these guys in action.
Funny how our last game of the pre-season tour is against Barca. :yes:

Red Dog
June 10th, 2011, 9:14 AM
Laughing stock by you and... Red Dog? ...
........and of course everyone else who took the piss out of you.

Simon
June 10th, 2011, 9:42 AM

Fuck everyone else just give it to some charity.

This is just time-wasting bullshit, you won't get your £100 and even if you do the £25 won't go to charity. Nailed on.

Andy
June 10th, 2011, 9:43 AM
The Express are now reporting Gervinho to Arsenal will be finalised over the weekend. I might stop looking at Twitter for the next three months.

Simon
June 10th, 2011, 9:51 AM
Don't worry about all your best players leaving Andy, Carl Jenkinson says he's going to be the new Tony Adams. So expect him to crash a car into a wall and turn your entire team into alcoholics some time soon.

Andy
June 10th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Cheers mate. I know fuck all about this Jenkinson bloke but by all accounts he's very highly rated by Charlton and Arsenal. It also means less Eboue which can't be a bad thing.

Bluemoon
June 10th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Young also did a Berbatov and rejected a fatter contract from City because he wanted to play for United. You could be right, Rosk, I'm starting to like him :ashamed:

Come on then source?

City are a fucking joke club. 150k a week for Gervinho?

If it's true £15m is cheap the way we have been spending.

Lagom
June 10th, 2011, 11:16 AM
I honestly don't know what's going on with Phil Jones, but if Blackburn really are taking a firm stance on the price, then we should put in another bid.

Alternatively, we go there and kill all dem mothafocka's, then WE TAKE HIM!!! [/Lesley Chow[

Simon
June 10th, 2011, 11:17 AM
We have apparently got Leandro tied up except for medical. Also apparently Inter are in for VDV in a big way and we're happy to let him go if the price is right. Not sure that's a great idea but he hasn't been the mighty success the papers would have you believe.

Bluemoon
June 10th, 2011, 11:18 AM
I honestly don't know what's going on with Phil Jones, but if Blackburn really are taking a firm stance on the price, then we should put in another bid.

Alternatively, we go there and kill all dem mothafocka's, then WE TAKE HIM!!! [/Lesley Chow[

Do you really think Liverpool need Jones? You still have Agger and can't Kelly play CB too? And that Ayla kid who you've still got.

Lagom
June 10th, 2011, 11:22 AM
I'm more interested in him playing in midfield, to free up 2 of Lucas/Gerrard/Mereiles/Henderson, to be honest, with him stepping back to CB when needed

Keano's Magic Hat
June 10th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Come on then source?

It's been in most of today's reports on the transfer

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Manchester-United-Aston-Villa-transfer-news-Ashley-Young-agrees-130k-a-week-deal-United-stave-off-late-interest-Manchester-City-article746001.html

United sanctioned the bumper personal terms to see off interest from bitter rivals Manchester City - who were offering Young even MORE cash.

Bluemoon
June 10th, 2011, 11:25 AM
The Mirror has always been a rag paper.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 10th, 2011, 11:26 AM
What? :lol: It most certainly hasn't, quite the opposite I'd say.

Also, I take it you mean 'rag' paper as in pro-Manchester United paper? If not, and you just mean it's shite, rife with lies and non-stories then I agree.

Bluemoon
June 10th, 2011, 11:29 AM
I just felt like saying that since every player that goes to a big club in England, it will always mention City put a late bid in, City offered more money, player turns down City etc...

Bluemoon
June 10th, 2011, 11:30 AM
I'm more interested in him playing in midfield, to free up 2 of Lucas/Gerrard/Mereiles/Henderson, to be honest, with him stepping back to CB when needed

Those 4 will be your midfield right there won't they? With Suarez having a free role behind Big Andy/Ugly Kuyt.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 10th, 2011, 11:32 AM
I just felt like saying that since every player that goes to a big club in England, it will always mention City put a late bid in, City offered more money, player turns down City etc...

Yeah, well it's blatantly not true. Whilst Piers Morgan was editor, it was the biggest anti-United paper going.. not to mention that they employ Derek McGovern, who despite being a funny cunt, absolute hates United.

Bluemoon
June 10th, 2011, 11:33 AM
I don't read the Mirror mate, I'm sorry for sluring your club name with that paper.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 10th, 2011, 11:34 AM
You should be. Forgiven.

Bluemoon
June 10th, 2011, 11:36 AM

Lucas

Gerrard------Henderson

Raul------Suarez

Carroll

Lagom
June 10th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Lucas

Gerrard------Henderson

Raul------Suarez

Carroll

Jones

Lucas/Mereiles --- Gerrard/Henderson

Kuyt ----------------------------------- Suarez

Carroll

:yes:

Andy
June 10th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Lille confirm Spurs have had a bid for Gervinho rejected and that's the first official bid they've received. So the papers knew fuck all on this one then.

Red Dog
June 10th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Jones

Lucas/Mereiles --- Gerrard/Henderson

Kuyt ----------------------------------- Suarez

Carroll

:yes:
:lol:

Gerrard being rotated.

Good one.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 10th, 2011, 1:05 PM
Bebe on loan to Besiktas... YES YES YES YES

Keano's Magic Hat
June 10th, 2011, 1:06 PM
fuck sake, I would love it, LOVE IT, if their fans do the whole greeting him at the airport business.. the flags, the signs, the chants..

they'll be in for quite a shock once they see him play

Simon
June 10th, 2011, 1:11 PM
Lille confirm Spurs have had a bid for Gervinho rejected and that's the first official bid they've received. So the papers knew fuck all on this one then.

waaaaaaaaay

RuneEdge
June 10th, 2011, 1:14 PM
Nice. He can link up with Quaresma, Simao and the rest of the portuguese gang.

turdpower
June 10th, 2011, 1:15 PM

Their scouts need sacking.

Andy
June 10th, 2011, 1:18 PM
Has anyone actually seen Gervinho play? I don't really have any idea how good he is.