PDA

View Full Version : The Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

Andy
May 23rd, 2011, 11:34 AM
Yeah his first touch lets him down too often but in a team willing to whip balls into him that wouldn't be so much of a worry. He also improves massively with a run in the team so at the right club I think he could make a really big impact.

son_of_foley
May 23rd, 2011, 11:51 AM
Steve Bruce is obviously a fan as well

Gary J
May 23rd, 2011, 1:17 PM
I thought Bendtner was off to Bayern Munich.

Franz Beckenbauer did say they would be interested in him.

“Yes, he is among some play­ers, who have done very well — both for Den­mark and for his club, and who has got the class and the poten­tial to play in a club like Bay­ern Munich, where we already have a lot of class players.”

Hlebsfall
May 23rd, 2011, 2:19 PM
Apparently Aguero is going to be going across town to Real. Putting the amount of attacking players they have up to about 47.

RFF Champ
May 24th, 2011, 5:23 AM
We've signed Mehdi Abeid, a young midfielder/striker from Lens. Apparently he was only in the reserve side last year so Graham Carr and co have really been digging deep for players.

Andy
May 24th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Carl Jenkinson is Arsenal's first signing of the summer.

Gary J
May 24th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Do you expect Nasri to be at Arsenal next season Andy ?

Andy
May 24th, 2011, 10:49 AM
I don't know. I hope so obviously but if we haven't heard anything about his contract within the next month or so I suspect he'll be off. Same with Clichy.

Gary J
May 24th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Do you think he has been tapped up or has wanted to leave for sometime ? His performances have dropped since the first half of the season and i would imagine his performances at the start of the season would have attracted some attention.

How much would you expect to get for him / or be happy with ?

Andy
May 24th, 2011, 11:05 AM
I don't think he is actively looking to leave. We just inexplicably haven't offered him a new contract. Infuriating. I'd imagine we'd get something around the 15m mark for him or Clichy if they left.

Keano's Magic Hat
May 24th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Reports in Spain suggest De Gea will be signing for United on Monday :confused:

Keano's Magic Hat
May 24th, 2011, 11:06 AM
who the hell would pay £15m for Clichy? Deluded.

Andy
May 24th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Inter, probably.

Keano's Magic Hat
May 24th, 2011, 11:36 AM
£8m tops

El Capitano Gatisto
May 24th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Reports in Spain suggest De Gea will be signing for United on Monday :confused:

He looks a potentially great goalkeeper. I haven't seen much of him second half of the season, heard that his form has dipped a bit but the first half of the season and end of the previous one he was a machine. Good signing, United will probably still make a profit on him when he eventually goes to Real Madrid or Barcelona.

It's not always a bad thing signing a promising young keeper. Juve and Chelsea did well by going for Buffon and Cech (although they were a bit more experienced that de Gea).

Keano's Magic Hat
May 24th, 2011, 11:42 AM
The fee being quoted for De Gea is £17.5m. Have I just been unlucky in the games I've seen, or is he a bit shit? In the five games I've seen him play, he's been dodgy in all of them.

I'll take your word for it, ECG, he's obviously a fantastic shot stopper, and I like the way he tries to hold onto every ball instead of punching or palming it out. Hopefully, he'll get rid of the errors in time.

El Capitano Gatisto
May 24th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Atletico Madrid have an absolutely terrible defence which is unlikely to help a young keeper.

Keano's Magic Hat
May 24th, 2011, 2:08 PM
Yup, Sky Sports 'sources' now breaking the news that De Gea to United is done.

I posted the story on here about 8 months ago, from a fella on RedIssue who works for United and gives out the line-ups before anyone else has has an idea. Same fella also said schweinsteiger would be signing in the summer, though that was before the new contract, so fuck knows

MACE
May 24th, 2011, 2:16 PM
The club has just confirmed it. July 1st.

Keano's Magic Hat
May 24th, 2011, 2:21 PM
Looks like the Glazer's are going to let Fergie open the warchest :lol:

Keano's Magic Hat
May 24th, 2011, 2:22 PM
Also, if £17.5m on a 20 year old keeper is anything to go by, this will be a very interesting summer indeed.

Keano's Magic Hat
May 24th, 2011, 5:04 PM
Reports now linking United with Samir Nasri

turdpower
May 24th, 2011, 5:12 PM
Eurgh. No thanks.

connorboy
May 24th, 2011, 5:15 PM
Carl Jenkinson is Arsenal's first signing of the summer.

Woeful signing

Andy
May 24th, 2011, 5:18 PM
Eurgh. No thanks.

Why? :wtf:

Woeful signing

:(

connorboy
May 24th, 2011, 5:21 PM
I've never been impressed by him like I was Shelvey, didnt look comfortable handling wingers at all. Not bad going forward though

Hlebsfall
May 24th, 2011, 5:26 PM
Why the fuck is Wenger so desperate for Clichy to sign a new contract, he has been absolute shit for about two years. This is one of the problems at Arsenal, giving all of these mediocre players an easy ride without giving them any reason to feel threatened.

turdpower
May 24th, 2011, 5:28 PM
Why? :wtf:

:(

He's good.

I don't want good. I want very good.

Keano's Magic Hat
May 24th, 2011, 5:29 PM
Agree with turdpower, Nasri would be hugely underwhelming if we're actually in for the likes Schweinsteiger, De Rossi, Sneijder or Modric.

But let's be honest.. we'll probably end up with a player inferior to all those. I'd take Nasri.

Andy
May 24th, 2011, 5:33 PM
Nasri is a totally different player from all of them bar maybe Sneijder. He's class. I'd cry if he went to United.

Keano's Magic Hat
May 24th, 2011, 5:35 PM
I never said they were the exact same kind of players :confused: My point is that signing Nasri would absolutely guarantee us not signing any of the four I've listed above, and I'd take all of them ahead of Nasri.

Keano's Magic Hat
May 24th, 2011, 5:47 PM
Juan Mata to Manchester United is apparently on the cards.

Fucking hell, that would be incredible. I really like him.

Keano's Magic Hat
May 24th, 2011, 5:48 PM
Goalkeeper, central midfielder and winger will be our transfers this summer. Berbatov possibly on the move, with Welbeck coming back.

RuneEdge
May 24th, 2011, 5:50 PM
I never said they were the exact same kind of players :confused: My point is that signing Nasri would absolutely guarantee us not signing any of the four I've listed above, and I'd take all of them ahead of Nasri.Yeah, I agree. Its not even a case of how good Nasri is or can be on his day. The four players you listed are more like the type of players we need, not the Nasri type.

Keano's Magic Hat
May 24th, 2011, 5:52 PM
I can see United building a nucleus of Spanish speaking players at the club. We did it with French players a while back, then with the Portuguese and with De Gea and possibly Juan Mata it could be time for a Spanish revolution (copyright-liverpool fc)

RuneEdge
May 24th, 2011, 5:52 PM

We're linked with Ashley Young too. Either of those would be great. Would definately prefer Mata though. Lets get some more spaniards on board. :D

EDIT
Haha, beat me to it.

Keano's Magic Hat
May 24th, 2011, 5:55 PM
no, not ashley young :(

(it'll probably be ashley young)

RuneEdge
May 24th, 2011, 5:58 PM
no, not ashley young :(

(it'll probably be ashley young)

Considering Valencia already have CL football next year, you're probably right, :\

Gary J
May 24th, 2011, 5:59 PM

That would be a fantastic signing. He has always impressed me when i've seen him.

Keano's Magic Hat
May 24th, 2011, 6:02 PM
Yup, I think he's quality. Great left foot, can finish and can cross, can beat players and works hard for the team. His agent also happens to be his father which is the kind of thing Sir Alex will love.

I've heard that Man City and Liverpool have also opened talks but he only wants to go to United. I remember reading some reports last year in which Mata talked about Giggs being his idol. I'm sure he'd love to play alongside him.

turdpower
May 24th, 2011, 6:03 PM
Mata and Sneijder and you won't hear from me for a week, because I'll be busy wanking myself blind.

turdpower
May 24th, 2011, 6:05 PM
Yup, I think he's quality. Great left foot, can finish and can cross, can beat players and works hard for the team. His agent also happens to be his father which is the kind of thing Sir Alex will love.

I've heard that Man City and Liverpool have also opened talks but he only wants to go to United. I remember reading some reports last year in which Mata talked about Giggs being his idol. I'm sure he'd love to play alongside him.

That didn't work so well with Robben :(

Or Ronaldinho (sort of)

Keano's Magic Hat
May 24th, 2011, 6:09 PM
Ronaldinho was never interested in joining United. We fucked up with Robben by having G.neville show him around Carrington. Gary Neville, ffs :D

El Capitano Gatisto
May 24th, 2011, 6:10 PM
Mata is a class player. Plus his surname roughly means "killer." John Killer.

Nasri is also a class player. Definitely better than Schweinsteiger, younger, pacier and better value than Sneijder. Not as good as Modric.

Bad Collin
May 24th, 2011, 6:10 PM
I can see United building a nucleus of Spanish speaking players at the club. We did it with French players a while back, then with the Portuguese and with De Gea and possibly Juan Mata it could be time for a Spanish revolution (copyright-liverpool fc)

I hope yours ends like ours did.

Keano's Magic Hat
May 24th, 2011, 6:13 PM
Mata is a class player. Plus his surname roughly means "killer." John Killer.

Nasri is also a class player. Definitely better than Schweinsteiger, younger, pacier and better value than Sneijder. Not as good as Modric.

I love finding out what foreign names mean when translated. How many people know that Boa Morte translates to 'Good death'.. Louis Good Death.

Can't agree with Nasri being better than Schweinsteiger. They're so different it's hard to compare, but since moving to a permanent central role the big German has been dominating games on a weekly basis.

RuneEdge
May 24th, 2011, 6:20 PM
Ronaldinho was never interested in joining United. We fucked up with Robben by having G.neville show him around Carrington. Gary Neville, ffs :D

Missing out on Essien bothers me more. John Obi can fuck off though.

El Capitano Gatisto
May 24th, 2011, 6:30 PM
I love finding out what foreign names mean when translated. How many people know that Boa Morte translates to 'Good death'.. Louis Good Death.

Can't agree with Nasri being better than Schweinsteiger. They're so different it's hard to compare, but since moving to a permanent central role the big German has been dominating games on a weekly basis.

Schweinsteiger is one of those players whose attitude seems liable to let him down at any time. Anyway, he signed a new contract with Bayern a few months ago and Bayern never let players go cheaply or under duress, so it seems unrealistic. The cost of signing him would be enormous. Similarly Sneijder and Modric would cost a bomb. Nasri is a seriously class act, still very young and his contract is up next year. He would probably need to really force the move through, however.

Keano's Magic Hat
May 24th, 2011, 6:39 PM
Yup, it is unrealistic, but of all the players I think Schweinsteiger is the one most suited to our needs. Where would Nasri play? Coming in off the left? As part of a midfield duo?.. I just can't see it. I've only ever seen him play in a 5 man midfield, to be honest.

But how realistic is the Nasri story? By all accounts the move to United was talked up by his agent; it seems odd that he'd talk up a deal to United if it's simply brinkmanship. There are so many clubs he could choose from without having to resort to one of Arsenal's rivals. That's why I think there is something to this story.

El Capitano Gatisto
May 24th, 2011, 6:49 PM
I think Nasri could play in central midfield regularly no problem, he's just not been used there often by Arsenal as he performs the same sort of role as Fabregas. If he is going at a good price then any club should be taking a look at him. He could be bargainous.

RFF Champ
May 25th, 2011, 7:28 AM
West Brom are getting on with it.

They've signed Gareth Mcauley on a free. They've released Meite, Zuiverloon and Giles Barnes.

Zuiverloon is another of that Dutch U-21 side that hasn't developed as expected. It's a shame for Meite because he's done well since Hodgson came back but he isn't good enough to play regularly in the PL.

Bad Collin
May 25th, 2011, 7:37 AM
SOF needs to apologise for wasting our time talking about Giles Barnes.

Bennedy
May 25th, 2011, 7:39 AM
Kuqi and Campbell are on their way out of Newcastle. According to SSN anyway.

RFF Champ
May 25th, 2011, 7:47 AM
I enjoyed Pardew's comments on Kuqi, touting him out to League One clubs:

“The fans may not have seen him but he became a bit of a legend at the training ground – he’s been a warrior in training.

"The sad thing is he really took to the place. He loved the people and the area.

"I can only advise teams like Hartlepool and Carlisle United to take a really good look at him this summer.

The Rosk
May 25th, 2011, 8:04 AM
Villa should walk up to City and say LOOK UNITED AND LIVERPOOL AND SOME OTHER PEOPLE WANT ASHLEY YOUNG. WE WILL SWAP YOU HIM FOR JIMMY MILMER DEAL???

RFF Champ
May 25th, 2011, 8:22 AM
Here we go, Barton's agent has said we won't offer Barton a new contract.

son_of_foley
May 25th, 2011, 8:24 AM
SOF needs to apologise for wasting our time talking about Giles Barnes.

Blame his knees mate

RuneEdge
May 25th, 2011, 8:31 AM
"So, 'Petit Prince', if you want to become King you know where you have to go."
:D

Red Dog
May 25th, 2011, 8:32 AM
Blame his knees mate
He's shit.

Keano's Magic Hat
May 25th, 2011, 8:37 AM
I think Evra loves winding up Arsenal

son_of_foley
May 25th, 2011, 8:51 AM
He's shit.

Yeah he's no McGugan anyway I mean he only won us the play-offs on one leg MATE.

Alf
May 25th, 2011, 8:51 AM
Get your mits off Modric, KMH. I would punch your mum in the nuts if you signed him.

Keano's Magic Hat
May 25th, 2011, 8:57 AM
Would it soften the blow somewhat, if United included Bebe in a swap deal?

son_of_foley
May 25th, 2011, 8:58 AM
Ipswich after Kane Ferdinand

Keano's Magic Hat
May 25th, 2011, 9:28 AM
brilliant, brilliant name

Beefy
May 25th, 2011, 9:29 AM
Source? Jewell was at three of our last four home matches watching him and Ryan Hall.

Keano's Magic Hat
May 25th, 2011, 9:31 AM
Get your mits off Modric, KMH. I would punch your mum in the nuts if you signed him.

would it soften the blow if Spurs received Bebe as part of a swap deal? He could be the 25 goal a season man Spurs desperately need

Simon
May 25th, 2011, 9:32 AM
You already said that you gump! FUCK OFF MODRIC. FUCK OFF HIM.

Keano's Magic Hat
May 25th, 2011, 9:34 AM
i've had a mare :ashamed: I genuinely can not remember posting it the first time round.. and it was only (apparently :shifty:) half an hour ago

i need a new brain

son_of_foley
May 25th, 2011, 9:40 AM
Source? Jewell was at three of our last four home matches watching him and Ryan Hall.

Internet mumblings. Our fans have a bit of interest in Jewell due to his time with us. Wouldnt put much weight behind it

RFF Champ
May 25th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Bolton have released Tamir Cohen. I hope we pick him up.

Andy
May 25th, 2011, 1:21 PM
Surprised at Cohen being released. Bayern have had a bid turned down for Mulumbu and apparently Arsenal are interested.

son_of_foley
May 26th, 2011, 4:57 AM
Prototype we're hearing rumours of Miles being on his way to you? Heard anything?

Peter Griffin
May 26th, 2011, 6:37 AM
Out of curiosity where do you get your info from? I'm out of the loop when it comes to derby and transfers so wouldn't mind a bit more knowledge!

son_of_foley
May 26th, 2011, 6:53 AM
That ones on popside. That's probably the best source of collating info

Andy
May 26th, 2011, 7:41 AM
Right, who read my mind? I was just about to PM Beefy to get the thread named changed to save me starting a new one. :scared:

Andy
May 26th, 2011, 7:43 AM
We've signed those two Spanish kids as expected. And that Jenkinson. Three signings before June. :eek: ... :(

Prototype16
May 27th, 2011, 1:29 PM
Prototype we're hearing rumours of Miles being on his way to you? Heard anything?

I've not heard anything recently but I've been avoiding most of the transfer talk on the Stoke board- it's silly season season on there moment. We never sign anyone until August anyway

Wouldn't surprise me if we were in for him though - I know we've been linked in previous windows

TraXX
May 27th, 2011, 2:49 PM
Norwich have signed James Vaughan for 2.5M on a 3 year deal. I'm not quite sure what to make of it; on one hand, he's a great young striker who still wants to leave his mark on the Premier League, but on the other hand he seems to be injury prone and he might end up picking up his decent paycheques from the fitness room.

We seem to be going after strikers so far; Steve Morrison handed in a transfer request because Millwall have turned down 2 offers from us, and the Klose rumours just wont stop even though PL has said it's not happening. Dunno who else we're after but I reckon there'd be a few more new faces at Carrow Road next season. :yes:

In Lambert We Trust!

MMH
May 27th, 2011, 4:02 PM
Seems injury prone? He most certainly is.

Good player though, pacy and decent in the air.

Bluemoon
May 27th, 2011, 4:45 PM
Good signing for Norwich that.

connorboy
May 27th, 2011, 4:49 PM
Isnt he the youngest ever PL goalscorer? Or did Milner beat it?

Bennedy
May 27th, 2011, 5:02 PM
He beat Milner.

connorboy
May 27th, 2011, 5:13 PM
Yeah saw that in the end. Against Palace too, so double thumbs up there

Andy
May 27th, 2011, 6:02 PM
We've bid £8m for Samba.

The Rosk
May 27th, 2011, 7:57 PM
Nigel Reo-Coker
John Carew
Robert Pires

All released.

Ashley Young going.
Possibly Downing too.
Most likely Warnock and Ireland.

We are fucked. We need some big signings and the manager to be sorted quickly.

da_man
May 28th, 2011, 4:11 AM
Our budget from our super owners is supposedly a whopping £5m. Kean says we need a midfielder and two strikers (of which hopefully Benjani being offered a new contract does not count as one!).

Jermaine Jones will probably be too expensive so Reo-Coker would be a decent signing for us. Demba Ba too maybe and then A.N.Other.

JamieB
May 28th, 2011, 4:59 AM
Norwich have signed James Vaughan for 2.5M on a 3 year deal. I'm not quite sure what to make of it; on one hand, he's a great young striker who still wants to leave his mark on the Premier League, but on the other hand he seems to be injury prone and he might end up picking up his decent paycheques from the fitness room.

We seem to be going after strikers so far; Steve Morrison handed in a transfer request because Millwall have turned down 2 offers from us, and the Klose rumours just wont stop even though PL has said it's not happening. Dunno who else we're after but I reckon there'd be a few more new faces at Carrow Road next season. :yes:

In Lambert We Trust!

He was on loan at Palace for most of last season and for the first time in his career he had a relatively injury free season. It is possible that he has overcome all the knee trouble he had when he was young and growing. However, he plays in such a do or die style that he picks up other knocks through his style.

He is a very decent striker, works his arse off, harries defenses and is very passionate. However, his finishing is abject at times meaning he only grabbed 9 goals for us last season, of which 3 were in one game and 2 were penalties. He has a tendency to snatch at shots. We had an agreed price to sign him for either 750k or 1 million but obviously the prospect of signing for Norwich in the premiership is hard to turn down so we didn't take up this option

Palace fans are very surprised that Norwich have paid 2 1/2 million for him due to his flaws at finishing but he left a very good impression on the Palace fans and we are sad to see him go

The Rosk
May 28th, 2011, 7:44 PM
Downing has turned round three weeks after saying he was in love with the club and utterly grateful for signing him in crutches only to not commit to a new contract. Him and Young going would hurt us. But I just hope that leaves funds to buy someone creative and gives us licence to play the hugely talented Albrighton (a goal contribution every 110 minutes he played last year) and Bannan a lot more.

Heard we are going for either Camp or Foster to replace Friedel who is looking for a big final payday. Also wouldn't be surprised if we bring in Seb Larsson on a free.

Simon
May 28th, 2011, 8:12 PM
Fuck Villa. Shithouse cunts.

I steal cable
May 28th, 2011, 8:18 PM
keep your shitty hands off Camp.

Simon
May 29th, 2011, 3:38 PM
We have apparently had an £8.5m bid accepted from Internacional for Leandro Damiao...anyone seen much of him? Apparently he's very highly rated, I saw the Brazil/Scotland game that he started but don't remember noticing him much.

Bad Collin
May 29th, 2011, 3:40 PM
Gary J is going to be PISSED

Simon
May 29th, 2011, 3:41 PM
Why?

Bad Collin
May 29th, 2011, 3:43 PM
He has him in RFF Worldwide.

I have never seen him play but he has scored a lot of goals in the Brazilian state tournaments, fuck knows how well he will cope with the PL

Simon
May 29th, 2011, 3:44 PM
Ah right. I've read a bit about him and he is seen as something of a next big thing, although that is qualified by Brazil being a bit desperate for a new great striker with Fabiano struggling with injury.

Simon
May 29th, 2011, 3:46 PM
Tim Vickery has talked him up a bit, which is a good sign...

...for the first time since the World Cup, there was a genuine old fashioned number nine. Absent through injury this time, Alexandre Pato scored in all three of Menezes' first games in charge. But for all his talent, it is debatable whether he is ideally suited to the central striker's role in a 4-2-3-1. He is more of a fluid runner than a penalty area presence.

The same is not true of Leandro Damiao, the 21-year-old who made his debut against Scotland. As recently as December, he was a substitute for Internacional in the Club World Cup.

Damiao's rise has been meteoric. He was unlucky not to get on the scoresheet against the Scots, provided a threat in the air and helped create space for Neymar.

It is way too early to know whether Damiao will be the long-term owner of the number nine shirt. What seems clear, though, is that a player of his type - which could still be World Cup striker Luis Fabiano should his return to Sao Paulo be a success - will always be in the thoughts of Menezes when he puts his team together.

Gary J
May 29th, 2011, 3:48 PM
Barcelona have also apparently agreed a fee for him.

If Berbatov is on his way out of Man Utd and i think that will probably happen after last night's no-show. It wouldn't suprise me if they put in a bid to get him.

Bad Collin
May 29th, 2011, 3:49 PM
I would have thought that Spurs would be better off spending their money on someone who is a proven goal threat in the Premier League, or in Europe at least.

Simon
May 29th, 2011, 3:49 PM
The papers have immediately linked Berba with us, can't see it though. He left us to get CL football, why would he go back for more of the same when he's just finished the top scorer at the CL finalists?

Simon
May 29th, 2011, 3:50 PM
I would have thought that Spurs would be better off spending their money on someone who is a proven goal threat in the Premier League, or in Europe at least.

Yeah but Levy always value for his Jew gold. Top name strikers cost top money.

Gary J
May 29th, 2011, 3:53 PM
The papers have immediately linked Berba with us, can't see it though. He left us to get CL football, why would he go back for more of the same when he's just finished the top scorer at the CL finalists?

Would Spurs fans happily take him back after the way he left ?

Simon
May 29th, 2011, 3:54 PM
Probably, just cos he's class.

Andy
May 29th, 2011, 4:15 PM
Damiao put the shits up Scotland and looked pretty dominant in the air. That's all I've seen of him though.

£8.5m bid accepted for Samba. APPAZ

Andy
May 29th, 2011, 6:16 PM
Yohan Cabaye is going to Newcastle for £5m :eek:

Keano's Magic Hat
May 29th, 2011, 8:33 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1392204/Manchester-United-target-Tottenhams-Luka-Modric.html

It's started. I give Modric 2 weeks before he hands in a transfer request. Unlucky, Simon.

Keano's Magic Hat
May 29th, 2011, 8:36 PM
Also, only £20m? Too good to be true, unfortunately.

Andy
May 29th, 2011, 8:42 PM
How much money do you think United will spend this summer KMH?

Assuming De Gea's in the bag for £17.5m, realistically Modric will cost around £30m and you're already looking at £50m+ with another couple of players to come... :scared:

RuneEdge
May 29th, 2011, 8:47 PM
We better sign a defensive midfielder or else we'll probably achieve nothing more than we did this season.

Keano's Magic Hat
May 29th, 2011, 9:03 PM
Erm, so you wouldn't happy with 'just' another league title? And to think, other fans have the audacity to call us United fans 'spoilt' :rolleyes: Fuck sake, winning the league next year should be the priority.

Andy, United will spend no more than £30m. I kid myself into thinking the Glazer's will give Fergie some cash, but it's quite obvious they won't. Whatever we spend will be covered by the sale of Berbatov and possibly even Nani. That's without going into the huge reduction in cash going toward player wages (Hargreaves, Owen, Van Der Sar, Probably Scholes).

Keano's Magic Hat
May 29th, 2011, 9:06 PM
Also, I have a sneaky suspicion that next season will be quite a transitional one. Players like Welbeck, Morrison, Tunnicliffe, Pogba and Cleverley should be in the first team squad and will all be looking at breaking into the first team. Maybe not Pogba, as he's still got that lanky awkward thing going on.

Cleverley has been unlucky with injuries but almost always been one of Wigan's best players when fit. The lad has Barcelona-like technique.

YouTube - ‪Manchester United "Young Star" Tom Cleverley‬‏

Beefy
May 29th, 2011, 9:08 PM
No chance of Owen staying now Berbatov is off and Bebe is shit?

Keano's Magic Hat
May 29th, 2011, 9:12 PM
I hope not.

Beefy
May 29th, 2011, 9:22 PM
You're only going to need to sign another fourth choice striker if he leaves. Rooney, Hernandez, Wellbeck and Owen seems a decent unit for a season whilst the kids are getting blooded. With others areas needing investment that seems like a decent stop-gap to me.

RuneEdge
May 29th, 2011, 9:27 PM
Erm, so you wouldn't happy with 'just' another league title? And to think, other fans have the audacity to call us United fans 'spoilt' :rolleyes: Fuck sake, winning the league next year should be the priority.

I meant that as a reply to Andy's post about how much we could be spending in the summer. Sure the league is a priority and everything but I wouldnt say its a good thing if we spend £50m+ on players and achieve nothing more than we just did. Im quite confident we could win the league or atleast mount a serious challenge with the current team we have, providing we get a keeper. Spending all that money is supposed to improve us and help us win another European Cup. This is blatantly what Sir Alex wants most, especially after overtaking Liverpool's domestic record.

And Owen wont go if Berba does. Sir Alex clearly has a lot more faith in him than everyone else does.

Keano's Magic Hat
May 29th, 2011, 9:29 PM
Why has Owen not be offered a new contract, then?

RuneEdge
May 29th, 2011, 9:31 PM
Probably cuz we still dont know if Berba's going.

Keano's Magic Hat
May 29th, 2011, 9:33 PM
You're only going to need to sign another fourth choice striker if he leaves. Rooney, Hernandez, Wellbeck and Owen seems a decent unit for a season whilst the kids are getting blooded. With others areas needing investment that seems like a decent stop-gap to me.

Macheda's agent earlier today: 'there's a 90% chance that he is staying at Manchester United'

and that's not too good, either, as he's fucking shite as well

RuneEdge
May 29th, 2011, 9:35 PM
We might as well loan him off again somewhere. He's still only 19.

Beefy
May 29th, 2011, 9:35 PM
Yeah the impression I got was that it wasn't working out with Macheda. I'm not sure if he can be relied on even as fourth choice.

Keano's Magic Hat
May 29th, 2011, 9:36 PM
We've also got Diouf returning from Blackburn, he looked decent enough at times this season. Could do well given a chance.

Keano's Magic Hat
May 29th, 2011, 9:38 PM
Yeah the impression I got was that it wasn't working out with Macheda. I'm not sure if he can be relied on even as fourth choice.

Owen hasn't been a decent fourth choice striker, really. His legs have gone, and he's always been the kind of striker whose game relies heavily on sharpness and acting on instinct. He isn't going to get that playing 20 minutes of football every 3 weeks.

RuneEdge
May 29th, 2011, 9:39 PM
Completely forgot about him. How many players have we loaned out this season?

Keano's Magic Hat
May 29th, 2011, 9:40 PM
Completely forgot about him. How many players have we loaned out this season?

including reserves? dozens

Winkle van Tinkle
May 30th, 2011, 6:16 AM
winning the league next year should be the priority.

But you know it must eat away at Ferguson that he has only won 2 champions leagues in 25 years. For a team of Uniteds stature, and their dominance of one of the strongest leagues in the world, thats shit.

MACE
May 30th, 2011, 6:31 AM
2 Champions League wins in 17 I believe it is.

Still, not the best.

Bad Collin
May 30th, 2011, 6:34 AM
Why? Who has won more in that time? English clubs haven't been in Europe for the whole of the 25 years and everyone took a bit of time to get used to European competition.

The European cup is very hard to win, how many did Arsenal win when they dominated the league Winkle?

Simon
May 30th, 2011, 6:36 AM
How is that a bad record? Dominance in Europe is near impossible. No team has ever retained the Champions League. In those 17 years only Barcelona have won it more than twice I think? Possibly Milan?

KMH if you get Modric me and you are finally going to have to have our fight.

Winkle van Tinkle
May 30th, 2011, 6:58 AM
Why? Who has won more in that time? English clubs haven't been in Europe for the whole of the 25 years and everyone took a bit of time to get used to European competition.

The European cup is very hard to win, how many did Arsenal win when they dominated the league Winkle?

We dominated the league when? In the 30's before the European Cup begun. I don't see the point you're making. Why do you need to bring Arsenal into it, who I support is irrelevant. I don't bring up mugging dying people on a pitch, or pissing on police every time you post.

Barcelona have won it 4 times, and Milan 5 times in the past 20 years, Madrid 3 times in 14 years. None of those sides have dominated their leagues in the past 20 years like United have either.

Bad Collin
May 30th, 2011, 7:05 AM
You were in the top two eight years in a row, winning it three times. That is domination by Arsenal and United. One final is a poor show for being at the top the English game for so long.

Since English clubs came back in Barca, Milan and Real Madrid have won it three times. Given that Barca have won it twice with one of the best teams ever, Real spend hundreds of millions when they won it then I think Fergies European record is pretty good. Especially when you consider how long it took English clubs to get used to European football again.

El Capitano Gatisto
May 30th, 2011, 7:13 AM
I think Alex Ferguson would have wanted to have at least contested more European Cup finals before Barcelona emerged as this legendary side. The losses to Borussia Dortmund, Monaco, Leverkusen, Porto and Munich last season are ties they really should not have been knocked out of from the positions they were in. But then a lot of big sides could say the same thing.

Winkle van Tinkle
May 30th, 2011, 7:28 AM
Exactly. They could and should have done so much more in the competition given the positions they were in and the teams they were playing against. Off the top of my head, they could feel hard done by against Porto because of the Scholes 'goal' that never was. But against the others, they didn't do themselves justice.

Bad Collin
May 30th, 2011, 7:39 AM
But Cappy is right in saying that a lot big sides could say that.

El Capitano Gatisto
May 30th, 2011, 7:41 AM
Particularly AC Milan when they chucked away a 3-0 lead to a completely guff Liverpool team (even though that was a final).

Keano's Magic Hat
May 30th, 2011, 8:05 AM
four European Cups finals in the last 17 years is a record that only AC Milan and Barcelona have matched (tied). You have to remember that for a large part of our dominance, the English league has been quite a way behind the rest of Europe in terms of quality. Also, the first couple of years in Europe United were severely hampered by the 'three foreigner' rule.

But yes, the shame is that we didn't get another Cup from 2000-2003. That team could have, maybe should have, won another one.

Keano's Magic Hat
May 30th, 2011, 8:08 AM
Also,

YouTube - ‪man united v barcelona 1991 european cup winners cup final‬‏

YouTube - ‪1983 Cup Winners Cup Final REAL MADRID v ABERDEEN‬‏

Keano's Magic Hat
May 30th, 2011, 8:09 AM
fucking Aberdeen :D

Andy
May 30th, 2011, 2:36 PM
Looks like Spurs are about to sign Brad Friedel.

da_man
May 30th, 2011, 2:55 PM
Still a fantastic, consistent goalkeeper but can't have more than another season left in him.

Mik
May 31st, 2011, 4:44 AM
It'll be worth it if they play him for a season while trying to teach Gomes not to continuously drop clangers.

Winkle van Tinkle
May 31st, 2011, 8:31 AM
Modric saying he might be off. The wheels are a turning.

Keano's Magic Hat
May 31st, 2011, 8:34 AM
he'll go to Chelsea for sure

The Rosk
May 31st, 2011, 8:34 AM
Well they're bringing in a goalkeeper who isn't a complete fucking arsehole (Friedel). I can only presume he is going straight into their first team if they buy him. He doesn't come out and claim balls and is pretty gash at set pieces but fantastic at everything else.

Modric leaving will leave them shitloads of cash surely. I know he has been quality, but there is enough strength in depth for them to fight for fifth next year.

Keano's Magic Hat
May 31st, 2011, 8:43 AM
Friedel is still one of the very best in the Premier League. Truly great goalkeeper.

Alf
May 31st, 2011, 8:44 AM
Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

Keano's Magic Hat
May 31st, 2011, 8:46 AM
Alf, what kind of bid d'you reckon Spurs would accept for Modric? £25m? £30m? £40m?

El Capitano Gatisto
May 31st, 2011, 8:49 AM
I hope he goes soon. I could not be fucking arsed with the Berbatov shite again. Levy taking all summer to do a deal that could have happened 3 months before, leaving us all bored with the saga and his own team fucked over because they have no time to replace the player they just lost. Let's hope everyone has learned from their mistakes. If it's likely he will go, just get it over and done with.

Alf
May 31st, 2011, 8:52 AM
If he does go then I hope it is abroad and not to fucking Man U. This is becoming a joke.

And yeah, I hope it's a quick deal so we can get a replacement asap.

KMH. I'd expect at least 30m but it'll probably be 25ish. We bought him for about 17 and he's far and away a much better player now, so you'd have to spend big.

There was some paper chat about you going for Modric and Bale for 50m. I think Levy would be a fucking spaz to sell both of them for that figure.

But, what a replacement for Scholes he'd be. I love him lads.

El Capitano Gatisto
May 31st, 2011, 8:53 AM
Bale won't go, but I can see why Modric would. He's not exactly young now, he's 26 at the start of next season and he can hardly leave it much longer if he wants to have a good few years in the CL.

Keano's Magic Hat
May 31st, 2011, 8:54 AM
Maybe £50m + Berbatov

Alf
May 31st, 2011, 8:55 AM
And thus Levy's chickens come home to roost. Everyone could see we needed a striker in the summer last year and nothing happened. Again in Jan. Bullshit.

Alf
May 31st, 2011, 8:56 AM
Maybe £50m + Berbatov

Up a bit more I'd say. Berb is no spring chicken.

Keano's Magic Hat
May 31st, 2011, 8:58 AM
£25m looks like a real bargain for Modric. With the money Spurs got out of United for both Carrick and Berbatov, I still think it'll be closer to £40m.. he's been great for a while now

Simon
May 31st, 2011, 8:59 AM
This whole story has blown up because of some nothing comments he made.

"Everybody wants to know what will happen with me.

"I'm trying to stay calm as my national team has a really important match coming.

"So I will tell you the same as all ways - my club status is the same as it was before.

"But of course, if there will be an offer which will be good for Tottenham and for me also, then a transfer is of course possible.

"That doesn't mean that I'm bothered with leaving Tottenham - I'm not thinking about that every hour and every minute.

"I'm happy at White Hart Lane - my status is great, the fans like me and I do have everything I need.

"But then again - when you experience playing in Champions League, you want to keep playing in this tournament."

So according to the player, it's very much up to Spurs. Whether he eventually has his head turned is anyone's guess but I'd like to think he isn't the type to force his way out the way Berbatov did. He certainly seems happy at the club at the moment, although we do have to accept that if we don't become a permanent fixture in the Champions League we can't expect to keep players of his standard.

I can't see him going this summer personally, although I think he COULD go next year even if we do requalify for the Champions League. Same with Bale sadly - unless we're right in amongst it chasing for the title, I'm not sure qualifying for the CL will be enough for players that are potentially capable of playing for the very best teams around.

If he does go, the £20m figure being bandied around won't even be close to the fee, he cost us £16m from Zagreb when it was something of a punt. He won't be going for any less than £30m, guaranteed. I'm genuinely not too worried right now though, a few newspapers spinning an interview he gave with a few vague comments is hardly compelling evidence.

Keano's Magic Hat
May 31st, 2011, 8:59 AM
Up a bit more I'd say. Berb is no spring chicken.

Oh, yeah sorry.

£50m + Berbatov

+ Bebe

deal?

Alf
May 31st, 2011, 9:02 AM
Done.

I'll have my secretary call yours...

Keano's Magic Hat
May 31st, 2011, 9:05 AM
This whole story has blown up because of some nothing comments he made.

So according to the player, it's very much up to Spurs. Whether he eventually has his head turned is anyone's guess but I'd like to think he isn't the type to force his way out the way Berbatov did. He certainly seems happy at the club at the moment, although we do have to accept that if we don't become a permanent fixture in the Champions League we can't expect to keep players of his standard.

I can't see him going this summer personally, although I think he COULD go next year even if we do requalify for the Champions League. Same with Bale sadly - unless we're right in amongst it chasing for the title, I'm not sure qualifying for the CL will be enough for players that are potentially capable of playing for the very best teams around.

If he does go, the £20m figure being bandied around won't even be close to the fee, he cost us £16m from Zagreb when it was something of a punt. He won't be going for any less than £30m, guaranteed. I'm genuinely not too worried right now though, a few newspapers spinning an interview he gave with a few vague comments is hardly compelling evidence.

Yep, going off what I've heard from in interviews he sounds quite loyal and not the type to do a Berba and force a possible move through. Still, I keep going back to that fucking ridiculous redknapp interview ("this is as good as it gets"), and then I think what's the point in these players hanging around another year?

I know you've learned to ignore Harry's comments, but how would the likes of Bale or Modric felt hearing that? Silly.

RuneEdge
May 31st, 2011, 9:06 AM
How much would you guys value Berba anyway?

El Capitano Gatisto
May 31st, 2011, 9:07 AM
When it comes down to it if Chelsea or Man U bam in a big bid of £30 million, he will look to move on. It's all very well saying he is loyal and all that, but that's because no bid for him has come in yet. If there's a realistic, big money bid then it is definite his tune will change quickly.

Keano's Magic Hat
May 31st, 2011, 9:13 AM
When it comes down to it if Chelsea or Man U bam in a big bid of £30 million, he will look to move on. It's all very well saying he is loyal and all that, but that's because no bid for him has come in yet. If there's a realistic, big money bid then it is definite his tune will change quickly.

Unlike Berba, I don't think Modric will sulk if the bid is rejected. Probably get a bumped contract and continue being quite happy at Spurs.

Keano's Magic Hat
May 31st, 2011, 9:14 AM
How much would you guys value Berba anyway?

somewhere in the region of £10-15m

Simon
May 31st, 2011, 9:18 AM
Yep, going off what I've heard from in interviews he sounds quite loyal and not the type to do a Berba and force a possible move through. Still, I keep going back to that fucking ridiculous redknapp interview ("this is as good as it gets"), and then I think what's the point in these players hanging around another year?

I know you've learned to ignore Harry's comments, but how would the likes of Bale or Modric felt hearing that? Silly.

I would have thought, just as Spurs fans have done, that Spurs players would recognise that a lot of what Redknapp says in the media is meaningless because it changes on a daily basis. That comment is, of course, the one that gets jumped on when he's variously said that we're capable of re-qualifying next year, we're capable of winning the league next year etc. It's so transparently rubbish that I don't think anyone would get too upset about it.

El Capitano Gatisto
May 31st, 2011, 9:23 AM
Unlike Berba, I don't think Modric will sulk if the bid is rejected. Probably get a bumped contract and continue being quite happy at Spurs.

Not at 26, I think if he was a bit younger then perhaps, but at that age players get itchy feet and know they probably only have one big move left to define their careers. I think Modric will go if bids come in, it's an inevitable aspect of football nowadays. He and his advisors will ultimately look out for the player's interests. If he stays at Spurs then he knows he will be at least 27 before he gets a crack at the CL again, perhaps longer and he knows that after that, top teams won't be so keen on him because the length of peak time they can get from him dwindles.

He might not sulk, but if bids come in he will ask to speak to the clubs and Spurs will know it's only a matter then of getting the best deal out of it. Unfortunately that's how the current CL set-up has left football.

Simon
May 31st, 2011, 9:26 AM

If he really wants to go then yeah, but there's no reason to think he would be desperate to leave. Modric turned down numerous offers to leave Zagreb where he enjoyed being a hero, and by all accounts he's very settled at Spurs, with Corluka who is his best mate and a few other Croatians around. Which brings me to another relevant point - we are being linked with Modric's replacement at Zagreb, Milan Badelj.

By all accounts he's in the Modric mould but a lot taller, 6'+ IIRC. If that link is based on any truth then it could be a big pointer to the possibility that we are planning for life without him, or equally a pointer to us being desperate to keep Modric at the club and looking to buy players who will work well with him.

It would be a shame if he did go as I really think the players we're looking at could leave us with a really fantastic first eleven next year, it seems likely that we will be playing 4-5-1 next year with Sandro shielding behind two centre mids and two from Bale/Lennon/Van Der Vaart/possible new right winger floating off our new striker. Exciting stuff IF IF IF IF we can keep all the cunts we already have :\

I also think that another reason it's different to the Berbatov move is that, whether it's true or not, we consider ourselves a great deal closer to the top sides like United and Chelsea than we were when Berba was at the club. We certainly don't need to sell and I don't think it's far-fetched to suspect that Levy might refuse to speak to English clubs without an offer of more than either side is willing to pay.

RFF Champ
May 31st, 2011, 12:43 PM
Michael Mancienne is having a medical at Hamburg.

It's always strange when English players move abroad. He looked outstanding for the U21s and in his first season at Wolves he was great but he hasn't looked a Premier League standard player the past couple of seasons. I hope a permanent move could help him develop because he had/has great potential.

Christopherson
May 31st, 2011, 1:49 PM
If Carroll goes for 35 million then it's hard to see Modric go for less than that. Carroll is younger but Modric is twice the player he is. I tell you right now if Modric does go to Man U then Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal can forget about winning the league for the next 3-4 years. Provided he's injury free and City don't offer 500 million for Xavi, Iniesta, Messi etc etc.

RFF Champ
May 31st, 2011, 2:36 PM
Different situations Chris, the context of the Carroll transfer meant a ridiculous fee.

An apparently reliable ITK on one of Liverpool's forums has posted that a fee has been agreed for Joey Barton.

Andy
May 31st, 2011, 2:42 PM
Can't believe some Liverpool fans are wanting that to happen. I'd be disgusted if Arsenal signed Barton.

Second City Saint
May 31st, 2011, 2:42 PM
They tacked on because Carroll was English.

BBF
May 31st, 2011, 2:44 PM
And it was deadline day and they needed a Torres replacement.

Bad Collin
May 31st, 2011, 2:46 PM
And he is very young.

I would love us to sign Barton, may as well now we have Suarez, Gerrard and Carroll.

Winkle van Tinkle
May 31st, 2011, 3:28 PM
Modric has a contract until about 2016, right? So that isn't an issue. But we all know, and we all saw the other night, that United need another midfielder...moreso now that Scholesy has gone.

United will get their man if they pursue him. Ferguson will be backed financially, and the player would be a wally to turn down the opportunity to be a key man in the heart of the best team in country. Levy will jew out the move and squeeze every penny he can out of the deal, and rightly so. But he has to find a balance between dragging the deal out and getting as much as he can, and giving Spurs enough time to find a replacement.

Denilson?

Andy
May 31st, 2011, 3:32 PM
Apparently Sevilla are willing to give us £8m for Denilson. :shocked:

BBF
May 31st, 2011, 3:33 PM
APPAZ Newcastle have agreed £7.5m for Berbatov.

Winkle van Tinkle
May 31st, 2011, 3:35 PM
Apparently Sevilla are willing to give us £8m for Denilson. :shocked:

i'll drive him there

Andy
May 31st, 2011, 3:37 PM
Can you bring Jesus Navas back with you?

Winkle van Tinkle
May 31st, 2011, 3:48 PM
He gets car sick.

Second City Saint
May 31st, 2011, 3:49 PM
*homesick

RuneEdge
May 31st, 2011, 6:43 PM
APPAZ Newcastle have agreed £7.5m for Berbatov.

FFS. A quarter of what we paid? What a waste.

El Capitano Gatisto
May 31st, 2011, 6:45 PM
Berbatov won't be going to fucking Newcastle. Wise up. There's good teams all across Europe who'd be after him.

Keano's Magic Hat
May 31st, 2011, 7:19 PM
Berbatov to Newcastle.. ahahahahahha

no fucking chance

Gary J
May 31st, 2011, 7:24 PM
I'd have thought Berbatov would be going back to Germany. I could see him at Bayern Munich next season.

DeathInc
May 31st, 2011, 10:28 PM
I gotta agree that Berba certainly has no lack of suitors should he be allowed to leave/wants to leave.

Simon
June 1st, 2011, 4:53 AM
I'd have him back at Spurs in an instant but he will easily attract CL clubs.

RuneEdge
June 1st, 2011, 5:08 AM
Owen has signed a 1 year extension with us. Just as expected. Berba's on his way out for sure now.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 1st, 2011, 8:40 AM
awful news.

Michael Owen needs to fuck off

In better news, here's the Berb talking about his future:

"I will stay," Berbatov told Bulgarian television. "I will fight for the 20th title.

"If I were an easy quitter, I would never have made it this far. Everything at Manchester United starts from scratch for me on July 4.

"There will be new finals and we will be fighting for new titles. I am moving ahead. When you go through difficult times, you should not quit.

"The truth is that I stayed at the dressing room and watched the Champions League final there, on a TV screen.

"I was really disappointed. I was ashamed that I was not part of the team and did not want people to see how sad I feel."

Great attitude from a great player.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 1st, 2011, 9:51 AM
United are apparently in for Charlie Adam

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh FOR FUCKS SAKE no no NO NOOOOOOOOOOO

Keano's Magic Hat
June 1st, 2011, 9:52 AM
Ashley Young, Charlie Adam and Michael Owen- watch out Barcelona!

RuneEdge
June 1st, 2011, 9:56 AM
I like him, he's a great player but he has to go. He's fucked up the way we play ever since he joined us. He's the kind of player that needs to be the focal point of our attack to be as lethal as he can be. But thats just not how we play. We're more fast and fluid in the way we move forward and Berba doesnt gel into that style of play.
And his 20 goals only mean half as much when you've scored them over 11 different games.

Bluemoon
June 1st, 2011, 10:02 AM
Ashley Young, Charlie Adam and Michael Owen- watch out Barcelona!

I fear your team with those 3.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 1st, 2011, 10:05 AM
Gareth Barry. Goodbye.

Darkoke
June 1st, 2011, 11:14 AM
Newcastle won't sign Berbatov, their transfer policy under Mike Ashley is cheap players under 25 they can sell on for profit.

Simon
June 1st, 2011, 11:20 AM
That's definitely the main reason.

RFF Champ
June 1st, 2011, 11:55 AM
He's right. We won't even go in for Berbatov, not under this regime.

We're after the likes of Erdinc, Gervinho and Gameiro at the moment. We probably won't get any of them but it shows the intent and the 'plan'.

Bad Collin
June 1st, 2011, 12:14 PM
And if any of them are any good we will just buy them off you :)

RFF Champ
June 1st, 2011, 12:17 PM
Plan complete.

There are rumours today that Liverpool have agreed a 12.5mil fee with Sunderland for Jordan Henderson. Sunderland would be crazy to accept that.

Bad Collin
June 1st, 2011, 12:19 PM
Bloody hell, that would be interesting.

Mik
June 1st, 2011, 12:58 PM
Is there some kind of Geordie rumour mill that exclusively posts transfer negative Sunderland transfer news? I haven't heard or seen this reported anywhere.

RFF Champ
June 1st, 2011, 1:01 PM
There is a 15 page thread about it on RTG.

Mik
June 1st, 2011, 1:15 PM
Haha, there is no football forum more full of rumour and bullshit than that place.

RFF Champ
June 1st, 2011, 1:34 PM
I swear it's the busiest forum on the Internet. I only occasionally read it but a topic that is 6 hours old will be about 3 pages back.

Mik
June 1st, 2011, 5:11 PM
There are so many rumours go around there that some are bound to be true sooner or later by pure law of averages. It is shit though. So many uninformed and vocal views.

Simon
June 1st, 2011, 5:32 PM
Plan complete.

There are rumours today that Liverpool have agreed a 12.5mil fee with Sunderland for Jordan Henderson. Sunderland would be crazy to accept that.

Why? He's really not that good from what I've seen of him. He will go down in the Michael Ricketts hall of how the hell did he get an England cap.

DeathInc
June 1st, 2011, 9:40 PM
Is De Gea deal still on?? Cos United REALLY need a decent keeper although Lindsgaard is not too shabby. I reckon SAF get someone who is experienced enough to last around 5 years or more, which wont be difficult seeing how GKs get better with age.

son_of_foley
June 2nd, 2011, 4:13 AM
Henderson looks a good player. I think 12m would be the peak of his value at the minute but knowing Bruce he would spend that money on Muntari or some bollocks

Simon
June 2nd, 2011, 4:57 AM
De Gea would be a fantastic signing IMO, he's always looked a class act whenever I've seen him and you've potentially got 20 years in him.

I don't see the fuss with Henderson at all.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 2nd, 2011, 7:37 AM
Liverpool favourites to sign Downing, Adam and Barton. That could be the dullest, most unexciting batch of midfield signings ever made.

The Rosk
June 2nd, 2011, 7:58 AM
How much would Downing go for. Seriously. We bought him for 12m when he was crocked.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 2nd, 2011, 8:06 AM
£8m-£10m, I'd guess. What do you think?

The Rosk
June 2nd, 2011, 8:12 AM
Surely more than we bought him for given he is now a better player than when we signed him. I just don't know how much.

Simon
June 2nd, 2011, 8:18 AM
Surely he'd fetch £15m or so at this point. Great player, for some reason completely dismissed by anyone who doesn't support the team he plays for.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 2nd, 2011, 8:21 AM
He's not a 'great player'. He's had one very good season.

Andy
June 2nd, 2011, 9:47 AM
Villa overpaid for him at £12m. He's nothing special.

son_of_foley
June 2nd, 2011, 10:04 AM
Martin ONeill is funny

Red Dog
June 2nd, 2011, 10:41 AM
Until it is confirmed that he is dead I will not give up hope of MON coming to manage us with his chunky sidekick Robbo. Hopefully this summer. I would LOVE it.

son_of_foley
June 2nd, 2011, 10:47 AM
NIGEL DOUGHTY,
BRING ME THE HESKEY AND I IN TURN WILL BRING YOU PROMOTION

son_of_foley
June 2nd, 2011, 10:48 AM
Here how come your retained listed is so late Red Dog and why no confirmation of Davies staying on?

RFF Champ
June 2nd, 2011, 11:33 AM
Why? He's really not that good from what I've seen of him. He will go down in the Michael Ricketts hall of how the hell did he get an England cap.

He's 20 years old, has come through their youth system, has shown flashes of excellence and they have few midfielders. Who gives a monkeys about the cash?

He may well be inconsistent but accepting £13mil for a young midfielder with a lot of Premier League experience, who plays across the midfield and has international recognition is not for me.

SkySports are reporting that they rejected a 13mil bid.

RFF Champ
June 2nd, 2011, 11:36 AM
Benoit Pedretti has signed for Lille as Cabaye's replacement today.

Simon
June 2nd, 2011, 11:38 AM
Has he shown flashes of excellence? Seems like a bit of emperor's new clothes to me - he's young, he's English and he's playing regularly, therefore he must be good or potentially brilliant. I'm not saying he is shit or has no potential but it seems odd to me that a supposedly top side would want him for big money when he's achieved nothing and hasn't shown huge potential that I can see.

Same with Rodwell, constantly put forward as the answer to United's problems and a £20m signing, but he can't hold down a permanent spot in the Everton side.

Red Dog
June 2nd, 2011, 11:38 AM
Here how come your retained listed is so late Red Dog and why no confirmation of Davies staying on?
I would assume because it would depend on what manager we have.

If we keep Davies then Earnshaw will go. If Davies goes then Earnshaw will likely stay I suspect. Tyson def going, Adebola gone, Moussi I dunno about. He is the strangest player I have ever seen. Some days he will literally be 10/10 and others it will be about 1/10 there is no middle ground at all. Supposedly Everton and Stoke are after him. Cant see Everton but Stoke would be realistic.

son_of_foley
June 2nd, 2011, 11:41 AM
He's shown plenty of potential. Comparissons with Rodwell are lazy Henderson is holding down a regular spot and doing well. He looks a good player Liverpool want English players there's not many around who have shown as much as Henderson so the money goes up.

13m for me is the absolute peak of what I would pay. I would now go and offer 7-8m for James McCarthy

Simon
June 2nd, 2011, 11:51 AM
He's shown plenty of potential. Comparissons with Rodwell are lazy Henderson is holding down a regular spot and doing well. He looks a good player Liverpool want English players there's not many around who have shown as much as Henderson so the money goes up.

13m for me is the absolute peak of what I would pay. I would now go and offer 7-8m for James McCarthy

James McCarthy is miles better than Henderson but without anywhere near the hype. The comparison with Rodwell is fine in that they're both inexplicably rated as 10-figure sum players when neither have really achieved anything nor shown obvious potential to be among the best around. It does just seem to be that if an English lad comes through at a young age and is playing regularly, he's automatically seen as a frighteningly good prospect and worth multi-millions.

For example look at Danny Sturridge. When he was at City as a 16-year old there was talk of him being the next big thing, this unbelievable prospect who was destined for greatness. He was probably seen as a bigger hope then than he is now, when he's a little bit older and is actually banging in the goals. Is there a single young English player that isn't immediately linked with the England setup? I even heard one of the Liverpool full backs (Flanagan or Robinson, I forget which) linked with the England squad after about five games, it's nuts.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 2nd, 2011, 11:51 AM
Both Rodwell and Henderson clearly have the makings of very good players. I'm not sure how you can call Downing a 'great' player, and an hour later write off two obviously talented youngsters in another thread.

Henderson's form has dipped along with Sunderland's, but he has great composure, works hard and I can't remember what game it was, but I watched him pinging the ball about in a way only very good players can. I've not seen too much of him, to be honest, but a mate of mine (Sunderland fan) is in love with him.

Rodwell has bossed two games against Manchester United... at 19. Moyes is going to bring him through gradually, which is the right way, imo, but it's quite clear that his physical capabilities coupled with decent technically already put him high and above the majority of the dross currently playing midfield in the Premier League.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 2nd, 2011, 11:53 AM
Rodwell has had a lot of injuries which has also contributed to him not being a regular for Everton yet.

RFF Champ
June 2nd, 2011, 11:55 AM
Has he shown flashes of excellence? Seems like a bit of emperor's new clothes to me - he's young, he's English and he's playing regularly, therefore he must be good or potentially brilliant. I'm not saying he is shit or has no potential but it seems odd to me that a supposedly top side would want him for big money when he's achieved nothing and hasn't shown huge potential that I can see.

Same with Rodwell, constantly put forward as the answer to United's problems and a £20m signing, but he can't hold down a permanent spot in the Everton side.

Yes he has, he's often involved in some of their best play, I remember Welbeck finishing off a lovely move that Henderson was a focal point of. He's scored some good goals too, he scored one very good goal in the Premier League this season, I forget against who and scored a nice volley against Romania for the U21s. He's very athletic and imposes himself well for his age too.

He's a regular in the side so the price goes up immediately. Sunderland can't afford to lose anymore players because they have a small squad so the price goes up again. Personally I would do anything to keep the local lad in the side, his goal celebrations show just how much he cares about playing for the club.

Simon
June 2nd, 2011, 11:57 AM
I just don't see it. Downing has played very well this season for Villa, did more than anything to try to keep Boro up the year they went down...I don't know what it is about him that makes people ignore him. He's not particularly flashy but he does his job superbly well.

Like I said before this isn't a criticism of Rodwell or Henderson, they can both clearly play a bit and they have youth on their side - the criticism is aimed at the media hyping them up incessantly so that they can never realistically achieve the potential they are supposed to have.

If Rodwell is not good enough to displace any of the current Everton midfield on a consistent basis, how can he be a £20m player that United should be looking to sign? If Henderson didn't stand out in a Sunderland side that went on a shocking run of form and were closer to relegation than their final placement says, how can he be good enough for the sort of fee you would assume would make him a regular starter for a side chasing CL football next year?

RFF Champ
June 2nd, 2011, 12:00 PM
Henderson did stand out when they went on their shocking run. He scored two goals in the game against Wigan which ended their bad spell. One of which he burst through their defence.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 2nd, 2011, 12:02 PM
I hate the idea that if a player isn't the real deal in his teens he'll never make it, or that the hype is unwarranted. Beckham and Scholes didn't break through into the first team squad 'til they were 21/22. Beckham was on loan at Preston at Henderson's age. Players develop at different rates.

Simon
June 2nd, 2011, 12:02 PM
He was noticeably terrible on a number of occasions, you can't point to one game and claim it as proof. He was so poor the fans were booing him at one point, were they not? He also looked completely out of his depth on his England debut. Which are both completely fine for a 20 year old making his way in the game, you wouldn't expect any different - but, to me, it would mean massive warning signs against signing him for big money unless he was really EXCELLENT at his best, which I don't think he has been. If Spurs went in for him at £15m or whatever it would cost to get him I'd be reet fucked off.

son_of_foley
June 2nd, 2011, 12:07 PM
James McCarthy is miles better than Henderson but without anywhere near the hype. The comparison with Rodwell is fine in that they're both inexplicably rated as 10-figure sum players when neither have really achieved anything nor shown obvious potential to be among the best around. It does just seem to be that if an English lad comes through at a young age and is playing regularly, he's automatically seen as a frighteningly good prospect and worth multi-millions.

For example look at Danny Sturridge. When he was at City as a 16-year old there was talk of him being the next big thing, this unbelievable prospect who was destined for greatness. He was probably seen as a bigger hope then than he is now, when he's a little bit older and is actually banging in the goals. Is there a single young English player that isn't immediately linked with the England setup? I even heard one of the Liverpool full backs (Flanagan or Robinson, I forget which) linked with the England squad after about five games, it's nuts.

10 figure = billions

Henderson has played a lot more than Rodwell. He's played about 30 odd games the past two seasons.

Is Sturridge really seen as a bigger hope than he is now? I mean they are talking about him being a regular for Chelsea next year. Dont think he's played as many games as Henderson either.

Englands squad is in a transitional period so young players will be hyped.

Sunderland sold their best striker for big bucks and don't need to sell now. They need to stand firm on this hence the price going up.

McCarthy is very good but had a few injuries so I don't know if he's better than Henderson really just different style

Simon
June 2nd, 2011, 12:10 PM
Ahahaha sorry what was I on about there. 7 figure is what I meant.

I would say Sturridge is flying under the radar somewhat considering how he has done for Bolton since signing. He hasn't really been touted as an England player yet despite his excellent form. It's tough to say really but when he was coming through he was really being hyped as a Rooney-esque wonderkid IIRC, maybe I'm remembering it wrong.

Beefy
June 2nd, 2011, 12:11 PM
A player is worth as much as someone is willing to sell him for. If Sunderland will only sell Henderson for £15m that makes him a £15m player. If Everton will only sell Rodwell for £20m that makes him a £20m player.

Henderson is a kid playing first team football at an established Premier League club. He's shown decent ability on the ball, scored at least one stunning goal, has performed well for the U21s, is English and at 6'2" already he looks like he could be a very powerful player when he bulks up a little.

He's a young player so he's far from guaranteed to be a success. If someone signs him then they are signing him in the hopes of developing him into an important first team player. It's all just potential at this stage though.

Simon talks about people hyping players up and yet you're doing exactly the reverse. You've written him off as a kid by saying we will look back and compare him with Michael Ricketts (a terrible comparison, btw).

RFF Champ
June 2nd, 2011, 12:13 PM
Henderson has had some very bad games, he's inconsistent but as has been urged, he's only 20. He suffered in the second half of the season as the rest of the team did but he had a brilliant first half of the season and has some good performances to point to in the second half also.

He has a five year contract, seems down to earth and already has a lot of experience. 13mil doesn't come close to covering it.

Beefy
June 2nd, 2011, 12:13 PM
I hate the idea that if a player isn't the real deal in his teens he'll never make it, or that the hype is unwarranted. Beckham and Scholes didn't break through into the first team squad 'til they were 21/22. Beckham was on loan at Preston at Henderson's age. Players develop at different rates.

:yes:

son_of_foley
June 3rd, 2011, 5:20 AM
Hull are also after Jason Shackell.

We offering cash, Hull offering cash + McShane

Gary J
June 3rd, 2011, 6:11 AM
Derby will get him then as offering McShane is hardly going to help our cause.

Insane in the Mcshane
Insane in the brain
Insane in the Mcshane
Paul's insane he's got no brain

son_of_foley
June 3rd, 2011, 6:17 AM
They liked him on loan. Look how about you sell him to them, we'll give you Leacock and we'll take this big lad. DONE DEAL?

Gary J
June 3rd, 2011, 6:18 AM
I'd be very happy with that. DEAL

Red Dog
June 3rd, 2011, 6:59 AM
Have you ever seen Leacock play??!!

Gary J
June 3rd, 2011, 7:01 AM
A few times and he's ok i'd rather him then McShane.

Red Dog
June 3rd, 2011, 7:09 AM
Fair enough he was out of position but Leacock put in one of the worst performances I have ever seen when we beat them 5-2 this season. He made Nathan Tyson look like George Best. And Nathan Tyson is pretty fucking average.

son_of_foley
June 3rd, 2011, 7:22 AM
No he didn't. He made Nathon Tyson look like a fast fucker who is average at football. Leacock was simply unable to deal with pace.

life George Best, pfffttt having a laugh Tyson, the dickhead, still couldnt control a ball properly during the best game of his entire life

Red Dog
June 3rd, 2011, 7:38 AM
I think my post managed to annoy you on 3 different levels there.

son_of_foley
June 3rd, 2011, 7:42 AM
No just the Nathan Tyson level.

Leacock could be a very good cb still but his confidence is shot to pieces. He should never have been in that situation on the wing but he was awful that day. I wont disagree with that he lost all semblence of intelligence in the way he tried to deal with it.

Red Dog
June 3rd, 2011, 7:57 AM
No he didn't. He made Nathon Tyson look like a fast fucker who is average at football. Leacock was simply unable to deal with pace.

No, that isnt true. Tyson always looks like a fast fucker who is average at football.

He made him look like a fast fucker who was brilliant at football.

Andy
June 3rd, 2011, 8:00 AM
Man United are now interested in that Alvarez bloke apparently.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 3rd, 2011, 8:24 AM
Been watching some clips of him on youtube. He looks like one of those players who'll be neat and tidy on the ball but seldom do anything that actually hurts the opposition.. he'll be perfect for Arsenal, basically.

His style reminds me of Blomqvist quite a bit. I fucking hope he isn't being bought as Giggsy's replacement :shocked:

Keano's Magic Hat
June 3rd, 2011, 8:33 AM
United are going to sell Wes Brown. What's the point of that?

He's a quality defender, only 31 and is always reliable. What will we get for him, anyway? £3m? As usual somebody will get a bargain and we'll get fleeced when buying a replacement. Just keep him, ffs.

Keano's Magic Hat
June 3rd, 2011, 8:38 AM
Gibson to Sunderland :D :yes:

EDIT: As well as Henderson, Cattermole is also now being heavily linked with a move to Liverpool. I've always rated him, and if he can hold back from trying to get himself a suspension every second week he could be a great player for them. Looks like Dalglish is trying to create a predominantly English squad- good work from the cunt.