PDA

View Full Version : The Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

The Rosk
January 28th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Explain why Rooney suddenly decided to stay at United less than 48 hours after saying they weren't good enough for him.

Bennedy
January 28th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Explain to me how United got fucked by Rooney?

Only one party came out of it looking good, and it certainly wasn't that scouse bastard.

How did you look good? You end up giving a new big money contract to a player not worth the money.

Neither parties looked good coming out of it.

Keano's Magic Hat
January 28th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Explain why Rooney suddenly decided to stay at United less than 48 hours after saying they weren't good enough for him.

I don't know. If you're to believe Rooney (:lol:) then it's because he spoke to the owners and they promised a continual investment in Manchester United. If that really is the case, and let's be fair- Rooney's word is about as good as any journalist's, then it was never a money issue in the first place.

Or maybe Rooney wanted to get away from the British media who were hounding him at the time. Again, not a money issue.

Point is, nobody really knows.

Keano's Magic Hat
January 28th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Watch this from 4:40

YouTube - Wayne Rooney Meets Paddy Crerand MUTV - Part 1

Alf
January 28th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Rosk, just saw your goodbye video. Bloody loved it.

The Rosk
January 28th, 2011, 10:51 AM
I don't know. If you're to believe Rooney (:lol:) then it's because he spoke to the owners and they promised a continual investment in Manchester United. If that really is the case, and let's be fair- Rooney's word is about as good as any journalist's, then it was never a money issue in the first place.

Or maybe Rooney wanted to get away from the British media who were hounding him at the time. Again, not a money issue.

Point is, nobody really knows.

Why the fuck are you asking me for the answer then? Christ.

Keano's Magic Hat
January 28th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Why the fuck are you asking me for the answer then? Christ.

HAHA. Come on, now. You seem to be quite certain that money was the be all and end all of the Rooney situation, and that United bent over backward for Rooney and he got a bumper contract.

He signed the contract that was first offered to him in April. I don't know why he signed it, but the suggestion that the club bent over for him is false.

Star fruit surf rider
January 28th, 2011, 11:27 AM
No I didn't. You seem really dense at times. I said a hypothetical situation and everyone went more nuts than your trolling has ever made anyone go nuts on here. I think that's why you keep bringing it up. It was effortless.

Chelsea underperforming ridiculously has helped the at-best-decent United side to be so far ahead.

This idea that I hate United is ridiculous. I like them more than any other team in the Top 4(5) aside from Arsenal.
Ahahahaha.

So your stance is now that you out trolled me :lol:

Lets leave it there. This is like having a conversation with Andy Goram.

Bennedy
January 28th, 2011, 11:30 AM
He didn't say he out trolled you.

RFF Champ
January 28th, 2011, 1:02 PM
West Brom are signing Vela on loan according to his agent.

I'd say a defender is more crucial to them at this point. Odemwingie and Fortune have both been scoring goals when they've played. Brunt, Thomas and Morrison have all been performing well on the wings.

I've found it a bit strange how much Di Matteo has wanted a striker this window and there has been little speculation about them signing a defender.

Alf
January 28th, 2011, 1:07 PM
Suarez to pool for 25m euros appaz. BAH! Levy you cock.

RFF Champ
January 28th, 2011, 1:08 PM
Now Liverpool have confirmed they are a medical away from signing Suarez.

BOO Alf beat me to it.

El Capitano Gatisto
January 28th, 2011, 1:10 PM
Brilliant, I am really looking forward to seeing him play in the Premier League. Now it'll be interesting to see if this means Torres is on his way or if it will convince him to stay. I can definitely believe he wants to go rather than miss out on another season in the CL at this stage of his career, given how little he has played in it thus far. He could have a go winning it this season if Chelsea sign him, since they're more likely to win that than the league as things stand.

Bad Collin
January 28th, 2011, 1:15 PM
Suarez and Torres are going to be immense together.

Alf
January 28th, 2011, 1:16 PM
ARGH FUCK OFF. I hate liverpool even more now.

Bad Collin
January 28th, 2011, 1:20 PM
Suarez to pool for 25m euros appaz. BAH! Levy you cock.

He wanted to come to Liverpool mate.

Chris Scott
January 28th, 2011, 1:21 PM
Luis :hyper:

Great news.

Hopefully the Chelsea rumours will come to nothing, and we can enjoy Suarez and Torres up front, banging in the goals.

El Capitano Gatisto
January 28th, 2011, 1:23 PM
If it were just Balague saying that Torres was open to moving to Chelsea, I'd think the reality is that he has just signed a new 10 year contract, but Sid Lowe is reporting the same in The Guardian and he's usually pretty spot on with anything Spanish.

Chris Scott
January 28th, 2011, 1:25 PM
Suarez and Torres are going to be immense together.

I'm creaming at the very thought.

Andy
January 28th, 2011, 1:26 PM
Bloody hell, statement of intent from the owners there.

I wonder how many teams in the league have a higher transfer record than Arsenal.

Bad Collin
January 28th, 2011, 1:28 PM
I'm creaming at the very thought.

Torres

Suarez Gerrard Kuyt

Merieles NEW MID

Johnson Agger Skrtel Kelly

Reina

Now that is starting to look like a team.

The Rosk
January 28th, 2011, 1:31 PM
You should have gone for Deciduous Darren instead.

Chris Scott
January 28th, 2011, 1:46 PM
I was about to say BC things could have been alot worst, we could have ended up with Dangerous Darren Bent.

Chris Scott
January 28th, 2011, 1:49 PM
Torres

Suarez Gerrard Kuyt

Merieles NEW MID

Johnson Agger Skrtel Kelly

Reina

Now that is starting to look like a team.

Charlie Adam?

Bad Collin
January 28th, 2011, 1:52 PM
Nah, we need a top class ball winner.

turdpower
January 28th, 2011, 2:51 PM
If Chelsea sign Torres is he cup tied in Europe or not?

The Rosk
January 28th, 2011, 3:48 PM
Hold on... Kuyt is shit, Johnson at LB hfffffgghh, no CM, Torres off, uccficicicjcuc WHAT A TEAM

RFF Champ
January 28th, 2011, 4:41 PM
Newcastle had one who promised so much but has now turned out to be shit so no one listens to him anymore.

This ITK who I referred to in the Spurs thread has said that Suarez is a replacement for Torres and he'll sign for Chelsea over the weekend.

He's also been saying for a couple of weeks that Ireland has a deal to come to Newcastle and he's saying its 100% going to happen in the next couple of days.

It's probably all bullshit but this is his chance to redeem himself.

Andy
January 28th, 2011, 4:44 PM
40m plus Sturridge for Torres.

Bennedy
January 28th, 2011, 4:45 PM
Sounds fair enough.

Bad Collin
January 28th, 2011, 5:03 PM
Can we have Malouda instead?

Hold on... Kuyt is shit, Johnson at LB hfffffgghh, no CM, Torres off, uccficicicjcuc WHAT A TEAM

Kuyt is good, Johnston is a stopgap measure and we have the mighty Lucas at centre mid until we can find a footballer.

Bennedy
January 28th, 2011, 5:06 PM
Yeah you can have Malouda mate.

Bad Collin
January 28th, 2011, 5:07 PM
This ITK who I referred to in the Spurs thread has said that Suarez is a replacement for Torres and he'll sign for Chelsea over the weekend.

He's also been saying for a couple of weeks that Ireland has a deal to come to Newcastle and he's saying its 100% going to happen in the next couple of days.

It's probably all bullshit but this is his chance to redeem himself.

This guy is a fucking dickhead. Who has he spoken to at Liverpool to know how they fell about a decision they probably haven't even made yet? He is just taking a punt on a likely scenario, he isn't ITK at all.

Bad Collin
January 28th, 2011, 5:08 PM
Yeah you can have Malouda mate.

Thanks, I'll tell Kenny.

My ITK says that Torn is a cunt.

Bennedy
January 28th, 2011, 5:10 PM
That's just a rumour mate. Nothing confirmed.

Bad Collin
January 28th, 2011, 5:16 PM
Everyone knows it's true.

Second City Saint
January 28th, 2011, 5:46 PM
Surely Niko is a much better player than any other midfielder Fulham have? No way he's better than Dempse

If Chelsea sign Torres is he cup tied in Europe or not?If I remember correctly from the Pineaar signing, a player who previously was in Europa League would be eligible for Champions League. Could be wrong though.

MMH
January 28th, 2011, 5:57 PM
No way he's better than Dempse

If I remember correctly from the Pineaar signing, a player who previously was in Europa League would be eligible for Champions League. Could be wrong though.

We wasnt in Europe this season

Or next

Or ever.

FUCK OFF KENWRIGHT!

Bennedy
January 28th, 2011, 6:01 PM
So when do Everton go into administration?

Chris Scott
January 28th, 2011, 6:33 PM
Are there any quotes from Torres at all?

Until I see quotes from Torres or LFC that he wants to go, I won't believe a word of it.

Bad Collin
January 28th, 2011, 6:36 PM
No one has denied it either :\

turdpower
January 28th, 2011, 6:47 PM
Someone just told me that theres a few rumours going round twitter that Liverpool want 40m + Drogba. :lol:

Bennedy
January 28th, 2011, 6:51 PM
They would be wrong.

Bad Collin
January 28th, 2011, 6:57 PM
We wouldn't pay Drogba's wages. 40 million + Essien and you have a deal.

turdpower
January 28th, 2011, 7:19 PM
You could probably pay some of his wages with the 40m.

Bad Collin
January 28th, 2011, 7:22 PM
Yeah, that would probably cover about a month.

If we sell Torres we should really piss Spurs off and buy Rossi.

Actually if we could get Hulk and a CL level midfielder for 40 million this would be an excellent piece of business.

RuneEdge
January 28th, 2011, 8:03 PM
Benzema would probably be available in the summer once Higuain comes back. Would be the perfect replacement considering his age and ability (when he gets going).

The Rosk
January 29th, 2011, 6:32 AM
Torres transfer request? Hgztaususu he LOVES THE CLUB.

Bennedy
January 29th, 2011, 6:55 AM
Benzema will probably still end up at Man U.

Winkle van Tinkle
January 29th, 2011, 7:22 AM
Bezema has been in decline for the past 3 years since he discovered tits and booze.

El Capitano Gatisto
January 29th, 2011, 8:21 AM
Benzema could still be great, his problem is that he went to Real when they already had a great striker in Higuain and the team has been set-up to have everything tailored towards Ronaldo. Benzema has laid on a good few goals for Ronaldo when he has played, but he's obviously expected to be scoring them so it doesn't really register.

1_Pablo_Angel
January 29th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Michael Bradley on loan, apparently. Can't say I know much about him.

We certainly have a lot of midfielders now though.

El Capitano Gatisto
January 29th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Michael Bradley has looked a pretty good player any time I have seen him for the USA. Hard to see where he fits in at Villa as you say with all of those midfielders. He does the same job as Makoun from what I have seen.

Although I suppose that makes sense, maybe having two defensive midfielders with a creative one in front, two wingers and a striker, going by that article you posted about Houllier's vision for the Villa formation.

Simon
January 29th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Good lad Torres.

Bad Collin
January 29th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Again, the last thing Spurs need is Chelsea signing a World class striker.

El Capitano Gatisto
January 29th, 2011, 2:40 PM
Anthony Annan has joined Schalke for the paltry sum of €2 million. He looked class at the World Cup. Bargain.

1_Pablo_Angel
January 29th, 2011, 6:56 PM
Lots of rumours Ash will be a Liverpool player in the next few days.

Not that bothered. Waste of time playing him centrally every week. Will be a good signing for them if they stick him on the left.

JoJo the rabid monkey
January 29th, 2011, 11:44 PM
Michael Bradley on loan, apparently. Can't say I know much about him.

We certainly have a lot of midfielders now though.

Michael Bradley is a fucking box to box machine. He is Roy Keane without the constant possibility of someone getting murdered.

Canuck
January 30th, 2011, 1:50 AM
And the skill

JoJo the rabid monkey
January 30th, 2011, 3:03 AM
Fuck you Canucklehead.

Second City Saint
January 30th, 2011, 8:06 AM
He's right though. If we had a Keane patrolling the middle we wouldn't have been down 1 after the first 10 minutes of all our matches this summer.

RFF Champ
January 30th, 2011, 8:08 AM
Ireland is in for his medical then. Lets hope all goes well.

Mik
January 30th, 2011, 9:18 AM
Rumours are reporting that Man Utd are going to be offering cash plus Carrick for Jordan Henderson for a summer move, stumbling block being that we want Wellbeck instead. I can see a Wellbeck + a little bit of cash being the final deal. I'd take it personally. I wouldnt be surprised if they were just holding Wellbeck back as a negotiation, realistically with Rooney and Hernandez both being young and Berbatov being the main man, Wellbeck is 4th choice striker.

Bad Collin
January 30th, 2011, 10:51 AM
The Beeb are reporting that we have asked 50 million or 40 million plus Anelka for Torres. I can see Chelsea stumping up the extra ten million. I doubt we will have time to get anyone in before the window closes however.

Winkle van Tinkle
January 30th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Will there be a minutes silence before the next game because of the transfer request?

Ringo
January 30th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Praying this doesn't happen right now.

EDIT: Photographed training on his own with a coach at Melwood. Not sure what to make of that.

Winkle van Tinkle
January 30th, 2011, 10:58 AM
what?

JIJ
January 30th, 2011, 11:05 AM
I believe a petition is doing the rounds to make him stay

Andy
January 30th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Difficult to see how Torres fits in the current system. Just a straight swap for Drogba? If they both play does Anelka drop out of the side?

RFF Champ
January 30th, 2011, 11:14 AM
O'Hara to Wolves on loan is official.

How do you think he'll get on Uk Blue?

Ringo
January 30th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Difficult to see how Torres fits in the current system. Just a straight swap for Drogba? If they both play does Anelka drop out of the side?

Yes, Anelka would drop out of the side. It's not as if he's been even half decent recently or anything.

Andy
January 30th, 2011, 11:20 AM
That would look quite unbalanced. Who would play on the right? A midfield of Malouda, Lampard, Essien and someone else?

UK Blue
January 30th, 2011, 11:21 AM
O'Hara to Wolves on loan is official.

How do you think he'll get on Uk Blue?

Depends on whether he's fully recovered from his injury or not.

If he performs for Wolves like he did for us last season he'll be a very good addition for them. But it's their defence that is the main problem.

turdpower
January 30th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Will there be a minutes silence before the next game because of the transfer request?

What Fernando Torres is doing is like he's RAPED my family.

Lagom
January 30th, 2011, 11:45 AM
If this was earlier in the window, I'd say let Torres go if he wants out, take a good sum of money, and bring in Forlan and a dirty cunt who'll patrol our midfield.

As it's this late though, we'd either not replace him at all and play Suarez up front, virtually nullifying our plunge into the transfer market, or we'll spunk the whole 40m on Carlton Cole and Scott Parker.

So please let him stay.

Bad Collin
January 30th, 2011, 11:47 AM
No minutes silence needed. I would have taken the 40 million so if we get more then brilliant. 40 million and Anelka would be a sensational deal.

Lagom, Roy is gone. Surely Kenny won't spunk any money on Cole, he will find us the new Souness.

Lagom
January 30th, 2011, 11:53 AM
I just don't get why we went after Suarez, to be honest. I know it's Comolli that's behind it, not either manager, but if we've got at least that 22.8m to play with, we could have at least tested Bilbao's resolve with regards to Llorente. That would have been a much bigger statement of intent, and one that likely would have satisfied Torres

Andy
January 30th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Llorente wouldn't go to Liverpool.

There's not much point letting Torres stay. He doesn't exactly seem like a model professional so I can't imagine he'd get to the end of the season without sulking and playing badly.

Bad Collin
January 30th, 2011, 12:01 PM
People were saying that Suarez wouldn't go to Liverpool.

Winkle van Tinkle
January 30th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Llorente is a Madrid player in waiting. He wouldn't even look at Liverpool.

Bad Collin
January 30th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Maybe, maybe not. The point is that none of us know what these players are thinking.

El Capitano Gatisto
January 30th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Llorente is going to Madrid in the summer. Benzema will be on his way.

I don't see why Llorente would be more of a statement of intent than Suarez anyway. Llorente is a good player, but Suarez is going to be very interesting indeed. Comolli has a better track record signing players than Fernando Torres does. It's also pure speculation that signing Llorente would have satisified Torres. Further, fuck Torres if he wants to go. Extract the best price possible and tell him to fuck off.

Even when Torres was playing well for Liverpool he seemed to be injured every other game. It's only a matter of time before he knackers his knee or his ankle again. If Liverpool can stroke Chelsea for an enormous fee and Anelka, they'll be doing ok.

Bad Collin
January 30th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Like I said 40 million plus Anelka would be the deal of the century.

Bennedy
January 30th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Anelka is finished to be fair. Will be good for Liverpool to have someone of his experience though.

Bad Collin
January 30th, 2011, 12:33 PM
He has looked quite good recently.

Lagom
January 30th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Llorente is going to Madrid in the summer. Benzema will be on his way.

I don't see why Llorente would be more of a statement of intent than Suarez anyway. Llorente is a good player, but Suarez is going to be very interesting indeed. Comolli has a better track record signing players than Fernando Torres does. It's also pure speculation that signing Llorente would have satisified Torres. Further, fuck Torres if he wants to go. Extract the best price possible and tell him to fuck off.

Even when Torres was playing well for Liverpool he seemed to be injured every other game. It's only a matter of time before he knackers his knee or his ankle again. If Liverpool can stroke Chelsea for an enormous fee and Anelka, they'll be doing ok.

I'm not entirely sure what your point is here. Obviously i was speculating in regards to Torres' happiness. I would imagine though that signing one of the biggest names emerging in Spanish football, who would complement his style of play, and who he'd be familiar with at international level, would be preferrable to signing someone whose style has more in common with his own. Add to that the hit and miss track record of the Eredivisie, and i personally would rather play alongside Llorente than Suarez.

Pointless comparison of Comolli and Torres' transfer records...

In the end though, i agree with you, fuck Torres off if he doesn't want to be here. BUT, don't do it now if we have no targets set to wisely redistribute that money. If Anelka's coming in, fair enough, he'll be able to teach Ngog a bit while he's here, but he's hardly a viable long-term option for us.

Bennedy
January 30th, 2011, 12:45 PM
He has looked quite good recently.

Who Anelka? I don't think so mate.

But I have a mate who thinks Lucas is the most skillful player at Liverpool.

MMH
January 30th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Add to that the hit and miss track record of the Eredivisie, and i personally would rather play alongside Llorente than Suarez.

I dont agree with this bit at all. Everyone keeps going on about the Dutch leagues and how it doesnt mean a player will do well here. Van Nistelrooy did OK for example.

And as for La Liga well what about the likes of Morientes? Should have been great here but was a big flop. Personally I think its pretty irrelevent where a player is coming from.

Bad Collin
January 30th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Who Anelka? I don't think so mate.

But I have a mate who thinks Lucas is the most skillful player at Liverpool.

:dunno: He has looked pretty decent the last few times I have seen him. Your mate is a clueless dickhead.

Lagom
January 30th, 2011, 1:02 PM
I dont agree with this bit at all. Everyone keeps going on about the Dutch leagues and how it doesnt mean a player will do well here. Van Nistelrooy did OK for example.

And as for La Liga well what about the likes of Morientes? Should have been great here but was a big flop. Personally I think its pretty irrelevent where a player is coming from.

Rudd van Nistelrooy is pretty much the exception to the rule. Not all players moving from the Eredivisie are flops, but i can't think of many more than RvN who lived up to their billing in the Premier League. Look at Babel and Kuyt for us. Kuyt came with a reputation as a goalscorer, and a prolific one at that, but soon found himself playing out wide because of his engine. Babel was one of the most exciting talents in the Netherlands at the time he came to us, but we all know how that turned out.

Morientes and van Nistelrooy aren't even comparable examples. van Nistelrooy was about to hit his peak and came to England when he was 26/27 i think, whereas Morientes was pushing 30 and hadn't been a regular in his Madrid side for a long time.

Bennedy
January 30th, 2011, 1:05 PM
Maybe Liverpool just ruin players?

El Capitano Gatisto
January 30th, 2011, 1:06 PM
I'm not entirely sure what your point is here. Obviously i was speculating in regards to Torres' happiness. I would imagine though that signing one of the biggest names emerging in Spanish football, who would complement his style of play, and who he'd be familiar with at international level, would be preferrable to signing someone whose style has more in common with his own. Add to that the hit and miss track record of the Eredivisie, and i personally would rather play alongside Llorente than Suarez.

Pointless comparison of Comolli and Torres' transfer records...

In the end though, i agree with you, fuck Torres off if he doesn't want to be here. BUT, don't do it now if we have no targets set to wisely redistribute that money. If Anelka's coming in, fair enough, he'll be able to teach Ngog a bit while he's here, but he's hardly a viable long-term option for us.

Llorente is going to Real Madrid. That part should be clear enough for you. Further, he's not "emerging" since Llorente is in his mid-20s and has been around for years. He's "emerged" in the sense that people saw him at the World Cup, that's it. They don't play together at international level, either, for Spain Llorente only plays when Torres has been unavailable.

What's more, Torres' best football at Liverpool came with Gerrard playing off him. Suarez can play off a striker, preferably out wide cutting in on his right foot. Llorente is a target man, he has to lead the line. So if Liverpool signed Llorente, they would be committed to playing two out and out strikers, which would be something new.

The comparison of their transfer records is not pointless, given that you brought up that it was Comolli's idea to sign Suarez and suggested Torres prefers Llorente (a completely speculative idea), I think I would go with the management given they have more experience in signing players and creating a team. Comolli does not have unilateral say in signing players either, the coaching team has to agree on the targets Comolli identifies.

It's absolutely irrelevant whether Anelka is a long-term option or not, since you have no hope of signing a long-term option in the next day. What's important is that Liverpool have an established striker to take them through to the end of the season and Anelka is the same type of striker as Torres, so there would not be an enormous alteration in style. There's no point letting Torres go for money now, the only way Liverpool should accept a bid is if Anelka comes with it, otherwise wait until the summer.

Simon
January 30th, 2011, 1:17 PM
Why on earth would Llorente want to go to Liverpool when Madrid have confirmed their interest in him about a thousand times.

Bennedy
January 30th, 2011, 1:20 PM
Why on earth would Llorente want to go to Liverpool when Madrid have confirmed their interest in him about a thousand times.

He wouldn't.

Bad Collin
January 30th, 2011, 1:30 PM
1723: MORE TRANSFER NEWS? YES, AND MORE BIG NEWS FOR WEST HAM FANS
BBC Sport understands Tottenham have made a bid of more than 10m for West Ham midfielder Scott Parker, but their offer was rejected.

Good day for Hammers fans, Keane has gone there on loan too.

Lagom
January 30th, 2011, 1:33 PM
Llorente is going to Real Madrid. That part should be clear enough for you. Further, he's not "emerging" since Llorente is in his mid-20s and has been around for years. He's "emerged" in the sense that people saw him at the World Cup, that's it. They don't play together at international level, either, for Spain Llorente only plays when Torres has been unavailable.

What's more, Torres' best football at Liverpool came with Gerrard playing off him. Suarez can play off a striker, preferably out wide cutting in on his right foot. Llorente is a target man, he has to lead the line. So if Liverpool signed Llorente, they would be committed to playing two out and out strikers, which would be something new.

The comparison of their transfer records is not pointless, given that you brought up that it was Comolli's idea to sign Suarez and suggested if Torres wants Llorente (a completely speculative idea), I think I would go with the management given they have more experience in signing players and creating a team. Comolli does not have unilateral say in signing players either, the coaching team has to agree on the targets Comolli identifies.

It's absolutely irrelevant whether Anelka is a long-term option or not, since you have no hope of signing a long-term option in the next day. What's important is that Liverpool have an established striker to take them through to the end of the season and Anelka is the same type of striker as Torres, so there would not be an enormous alteration in style. There's no point letting Torres go for money now, the only way Liverpool should accept a bid is if Anelka comes with it, otherwise wait until the summer.

He's emerged in the sense that he's now establishing himself at full international level. It's only in the past 2 years that he's been capped for the senior team, so that he's in his mid-20's is fairly irrelevent. I also didn't say that they played together at international level, only that he'd be more familiar with him due to their international commitments.

Having to change formation to facilitate a new signing is hardly unheard of, and who's to say it wouldn't improve Torres' game? It eases the burden on him to be the sole point of our attack. Llorente is a good footballer, as well as an effective target man, so he'd be able to supply, as well as score goals in the same way a second striker would. I'd imagine that it would also help us in the sense that it would allow us to play Meireles and Gerrard in midfield together, Lucas is okay, i like him as a player, but he's not going to set the world alight, same with Poulsen (except the liking him part), they'd both do a job if one of our first choices was unavailable, but I'd definitely rather start with Gerrard and Mereiles.

The comparison of their transfer records is pointless, and if you're going to compare anyone's transfer record against Comolli's, it should be mine, since i was questioning this particular transfer. To save your research, i've not made any significant additions to any squad, so Comolli comes out on top. Regardless, i'd still put my weight behind Torres being more satisfied with the signing of Llorent than Suarez (Yes, it's purely speculation -as you helpfully pointed out again, despite me agreeing with you- but that's because it's my opinion and i don't actually have Torres on speed dial.) As for speculation, unless you have direct access to Florentino Perez, Llorente to Real is just that. Yes, Llorente has at most 6 more months as a Bilbao player. Yes, Real Madrid have access to the funds and will be shopping around now or in the summer, but there is nothing concrete in place, until there is, it is most definitely speculation.

As for not having time to sign a long-term replacement immediately, i've already said that i doubt our ability to do that, and that i wouldn't welcome him going without someone else coming in.

Winkle van Tinkle
January 30th, 2011, 1:34 PM
Liverpool fans speculating about buying Llorente is about as worthwhile as Arsenal fans speculating about buying Messi.

Bad Collin
January 30th, 2011, 1:39 PM
He would be shit at Arsenal, he wouldn't fancy Stoke away.

Lagom
January 30th, 2011, 1:40 PM
But not quite as ludicrous as them speculating about buying a new goalkeeper.

Winkle van Tinkle
January 30th, 2011, 1:41 PM
We have Cheznnenzy mate :cool:

Lagom
January 30th, 2011, 1:43 PM
He's one drunken flip-flop wearing weights session away from ending his career though.

Andy
January 30th, 2011, 1:43 PM
1723: MORE TRANSFER NEWS? YES, AND MORE BIG NEWS FOR WEST HAM FANS
BBC Sport understands Tottenham have made a bid of more than 10m for West Ham midfielder Scott Parker, but their offer was rejected.

Good day for Hammers fans, Keane has gone there on loan too.

Christ that must've been tempting. That's a huge amount of money for a 30 year old.

Bad Collin
January 30th, 2011, 1:51 PM
True, but staying up is worth three times that. If Parker went you can kiss West Ham goodbye.

Lagom
January 30th, 2011, 1:52 PM
Christ that must've been tempting. That's a huge amount of money for a 30 year old.

Agreed, i know he's been their driving force this season, but for 10m+ you'd have to consider it. They could replace him with Lucas for that sort of money!

Simon
January 30th, 2011, 1:54 PM
Not worth it from their point of view. If he goes, they can't stay up. False economy. In any case why on earth are we offering 10m for him when we have that area covered and have FOUR substandard strikers.

Lagom
January 30th, 2011, 1:58 PM
If Charlie Adam is woth 40m, where would you put Parker's value?

Andy
I'm surprised Grant didn't want O'Hara back. Maybe he's got too many loans now. O'Hara and Keane on loan might be just as effective for them as Parker, plus they'd have 10m in the bank for a player who won't be worth half that in a year. Must've been tempting.

Simon
If Adam is worth 4m then Parker is probably worth 4m. But Adam isn't worth 4m. In any case it's a redundant argument as a player's value is dependent on loads of variables, not just how good he is. Parker's value to us shouldn't be 10m because we don't need him. If we didn't have Jenas and Palacios then his value to us would be higher and so we should be willing to spend more on him.

Chris Scott
January 30th, 2011, 2:48 PM
The Beeb are reporting that we have asked 50 million or 40 million plus Anelka for Torres. I can see Chelsea stumping up the extra ten million. I doubt we will have time to get anyone in before the window closes however.

I would take 50 milion cash only.

Chris Scott
January 30th, 2011, 2:53 PM
Actually wait there I'm still pissed from the weekend, we would need another striker so Anelka would do fine, give us Danny too.

Keano's Magic Hat
January 30th, 2011, 3:31 PM
Adel Taarabt appears to believe that he is joining Manchester United

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_6710649,00.html

Simon
January 30th, 2011, 5:01 PM
I wouldn't pay too much attention to him KMH, he's said the same thing about Barcelona and Real Madrid. The kid is mad. Having said that, if he was under a manager who could harness his talent, he could be one of the best players in the world. That's no exagerration, his ability is phenomenal, he just has no clue how to use it. Although having said that, by all accounts he has really come on in that respect this year.

I read an interview with Berba when he was at Tottenham and he was asked who Spurs' best player was and he made a point of saying Taarabt was easily the best ability-wise. He also came on two games in a row away to Chelsea and Arsenal in the league, and in both matches our game plan immediately centred around giving him as much of the ball as possible.

Alf
January 31st, 2011, 2:38 PM
...but he then just did arse loads of nutmegs an la roulettes by the corner flag.

He's basically one of those black lads you see doing footy tricks around Southbank. He isn't a footballer.

Andy
February 3rd, 2011, 5:06 AM
We're supposedly close to agreeing a deal to sign Mamadou Sakho. Lots of people have been saying it's close and L'Equipe have said it's been agreed for 13m. They also published the terms we've supposedly agreed. I think he'd be a great signing if we pulled it off. There's questions over his temperament but there's no doubt he has the potential to be a qualit player.

Similar rumours that we want to secure a deal for Eden Hazard before the end of the season, like United did with Smalling and Hernandez last year.

son_of_foley
February 3rd, 2011, 5:10 AM
When I saw Sakho at the Emirates Trophy I thought he looked brilliant. Kept an eye on him since and I think he could be a world class centre back.

Alf
February 3rd, 2011, 6:28 AM
We're supposedly close to agreeing a deal to sign Mamadou Sakho. Lots of people have been saying it's close and L'Equipe have said it's been agreed for 13m. They also published the terms we've supposedly agreed. I think he'd be a great signing if we pulled it off. There's questions over his temperament but there's no doubt he has the potential to be a qualit player.

Similar rumours that we want to secure a deal for Eden Hazard before the end of the season, like United did with Smalling and Hernandez last year.

Didn't Wenger say something in the press last week about Hazard?

Simon
February 3rd, 2011, 6:37 AM
Hazard will cost serious money, probably more than Arsenal would ever pay.

Alf
February 3rd, 2011, 6:39 AM
Nah.

Do Arsenal really need another attacking mid though?

Andy
February 3rd, 2011, 6:46 AM
Didn't Wenger say something in the press last week about Hazard?

Yeah, which is unusual. He openly admitted he likes him and will try to get him in the summer. A lot of people are speculating that means a deal is close but I don't believe it. I would guess this is why we're supposedly trying to ge the deal done early, before any of the other CL teams come in and blow us out of the water.

Andy
February 3rd, 2011, 6:47 AM
Rosicky is finished, Diaby's ankle makes him too unreliable and no idea how Ramsey will do yet. So yeah, we could do with one.

Simon
February 3rd, 2011, 6:50 AM
Nah.

Do Arsenal really need another attacking mid though?

Well he's a serious talent and would improve them, but he would cost a lot of money and it is money that could be spent better elsewhere IMO. Their record transfer is still the 13m for Wiltord isn't it (unless Arshavin was more?), Hazard would cost a lot more than that considering how many teams are interested in him.

Belgium have an incredible group of players coming through - Hazard, Witsel, Defour, Dembele, Vermaelen, Vertonghen, Kompany, Lukaku, Fellaini, De Bruyne...they could be a real force internationally, but apparently they have a Dutch-style inability to get on with each other or act professionally as a group.

Andy
February 3rd, 2011, 6:54 AM
Arshavin was 15m.

I read Hazard doesn't have long left on his contract but that might not be true.

turdpower
February 3rd, 2011, 7:04 AM
I thought Reyes was your record buy?

JIJ
February 3rd, 2011, 7:06 AM
Well he's a serious talent and would improve them, but he would cost a lot of money and it is money that could be spent better elsewhere IMO. Their record transfer is still the 13m for Wiltord isn't it (unless Arshavin was more?), Hazard would cost a lot more than that considering how many teams are interested in him.

Belgium have an incredible group of players coming through - Hazard, Witsel, Defour, Dembele, Vermaelen, Vertonghen, Kompany, Lukaku, Fellaini, De Bruyne...they could be a real force internationally, but apparently they have a Dutch-style inability to get on with each other or act professionally as a group.

Belgium as a country is a mess. It may not even exist for much longer.

Simon
February 3rd, 2011, 7:09 AM
Alright Peston.

Andy
February 3rd, 2011, 7:19 AM
I thought Reyes was your record buy?

Nah

Simon
February 3rd, 2011, 7:24 AM
Reyes' fee was something weird like 5m up front, and 250k for every month he went without crying about being away from his mummy. So it was a total of 5m.

son_of_foley
February 3rd, 2011, 7:25 AM
Reyes was less than Wiltord upfront but if he'ld been a success I think it could've risen to like 18m or something? He clearly didnt hit many of those triggers

Winkle van Tinkle
February 3rd, 2011, 10:01 AM
Sakho appears to be done, for 12.7m so a lot of IIIITTTTKKKKK's are saying. If thats true, I don't see us stumping up another 15m or so on Hazard and another 10m on Oxbridge-Wilf-Chamberlain or whatever he's called nowadays.

Hazard has apparently said that it's his dream to play for Arsenal, and Wenger is being unusually open about him. But we all know how easily players 'dreams' disappear when money is thrown at their face.

We'll buy Ekolo Samumbi for 35 from Dogshit Rovers of Africa instead.

On a side note, my mate has put individual bets on Belgium to win every major tournament from 2014. :dunno:

El Capitano Gatisto
February 3rd, 2011, 12:36 PM
Arsenal will have cash to blow if Fabregas scarpers in the summer.

Andy
February 3rd, 2011, 12:52 PM
I'd be surprised if he went this summer. Mostly because Barca don't have the cash. Although I could see Man City deliberately spunking (over-spunking?) money on someone like Alves to let Barca pay the 50-60 mil it would take. Mind you, given Andy Carroll has just gone for 35m, I wouldn't blame Wenger for asking for 100m.

El Capitano Gatisto
February 3rd, 2011, 12:53 PM
Barca will find the money and Fabregas will force the move eventually. It's a matter of time.

Simon
February 3rd, 2011, 12:58 PM
Maybe these recent displays of shit attitude from Fabregas are indicative of him being fed up of being over here. Not a criticism, the sort of things he does are the sort of thing Arsenal players should do more.

Gary J
February 3rd, 2011, 1:01 PM
I can see Wenger making a statement soon about how the media are out to get Fabregas and that they may force him out of english football a bit like Fergie when he said the tackles that were made would force Ronaldo out of english football.

Bad Collin
February 3rd, 2011, 1:13 PM
Why is Andy banned, has his RFF cheating finally been punished?

Gary J
February 3rd, 2011, 1:22 PM
Maybe he's asked for a self ban before he goes mental since we are all saying Fabregas will be leaving in the summer ?

Beefy
February 3rd, 2011, 1:29 PM
Self-requested for three weeks.

son_of_foley
February 3rd, 2011, 1:34 PM
What sort of a fruit makes a request for a ban

Bad Collin
February 3rd, 2011, 1:35 PM
:lol:

son_of_foley
February 3rd, 2011, 1:37 PM
Good luck to him. Hope his finals go well

Winkle van Tinkle
February 3rd, 2011, 6:27 PM
Maybe these recent displays of shit attitude from Fabregas are indicative of him being fed up of being over here. Not a criticism, the sort of things he does are the sort of thing Arsenal players should do more.

If he didn't do anything and moped about then people would say his head and heart is with Barca (like how Torres was early in the season). But instead he actually gives a shit about losing, and we see a petulant side of him it means that he wants to go?

Since he was 16, he has always had that streak about him. But he has a winners mentality about him, and absolutely hates losing. I'd be more concerned if he looks disinterested, but if anything he looks more determined to succeed this year. OMG THAT MEANS HE'S GIVING HIS ALL IN HIS FINAL YEAR!!!

Keano's Magic Hat
February 3rd, 2011, 7:19 PM
lacks mobility for a 4-4-2

RFF Champ
February 8th, 2011, 6:06 AM
We're negotiating a deal with Jeremie Aliadiere who is still a free agent.

We still have Ranger, Lovenkrands, Best and two youngsters who are supposed to be decent. How much can he really offer us?

Alf
February 8th, 2011, 6:12 AM
I really like the look of Ranger and Best by the way.

Simon
February 8th, 2011, 6:13 AM
Ranger needs to play on his own up front, if only for the puns it would give birth to.

RFF Champ
February 8th, 2011, 6:16 AM
I really like the look of Ranger and Best by the way.

Yeah, Ranger does look good. He needs the game time but he's been coping well with the step up albeit mainly in sub appearances. The only thing he needs to do more is score. Even last season he only scored a couple of goals.

I don't know what I can say about Leon Best. He should be shit but he's making a lot of fans eat their words in recent weeks.

son_of_foley
February 8th, 2011, 6:18 AM
I think Best is not so good to be honest.

Ranger has potential. Poor finisher but gets involved. No reason he can't get to Carlton Cole levels if he can add a few goals. His link up play is getting better but at the minute he's more of a battering ram from what I've seen of him.

Any news on Ferguson yet Alex? I thought his carling cup appearances might've got him a league game or two

RFF Champ
February 8th, 2011, 6:27 AM
Ferguson was brilliant against both Chelsea and Aldershot playing at left back. He hasn't looked like playing in the league but most of our fans think he should be back-up left back instead of Perch who is awful.

Jonas can be aimless at times so his position in the team should be more under threat than it is. As it stands I can't see Ferguson getting much regular game time.

There were a few rumours the other day that he might be considering playing for ROI. I don't know the situation though, have you heard anything?

son_of_foley
February 8th, 2011, 6:29 AM
Nigel is ignorantly not picking him at the minute. He's been playing centre backs at fullback including away to Faroe Islands. I would be a bit peeved if I was Shane Ferguson

El Capitano Gatisto
February 8th, 2011, 6:34 AM
He's already played for Northern Ireland so hopefully he's not considering opting for the Republic as he would be disappointed.

son_of_foley
February 8th, 2011, 6:39 AM
Not sure friendlies count as Adam Barton has played in a friendly but still wants to play for England so wont take a competitive cap or something.

Also that italy friendly is weird, im not sure it was fifa sanctioned in the end as it became a charity match for earthquake victims

RFF Champ
February 8th, 2011, 6:42 AM
Well, he played in a friendly and he's Under 21.

2. If a player has been included in a national or representative team of a country for which he is eligible to play pursuant to 1, he shall not be permitted to take part in an international match for another country. Accordingly, any player who is qualified to play for more than one national association (i.e. who has dual nationality) will be deemed to have committed himself to one association only when he plays his first international match in an official competition (at any level) for that association.

"(a) Up to his 21st birthday, a player may only once request changing the Association for which he is eligible to play international matches. A Player may exercise this right to change Associations only if he has not played at A international level for his current Association and if, at the time of his first full or partial appearance in an international match in an official competition of any other category, he already had such nationalities. Changing Associations is not permitted during the preliminary competition of a FIFA competition, continental championship or Olympic Tournaments if a player has already been fielded in a match of one of these competitions.

It all depends on what counts as an 'official competition'.

son_of_foley
February 8th, 2011, 6:47 AM
Friendlies don't just read about Adam Barton for proof.

Talk of FAI approaching O'Hara. His eligibility hinges on a grandparent from Northern Ireland seemingly which by rules would make him ineligible but there's talk of them playing him and then challenging the ruling. Not sure if that is true or desperate prodaganda on the NI forums

El Capitano Gatisto
February 8th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Friendlies do count for the senior side. Once you've played for the senior side in a full FIFA-recognised game or whatever then that's you declared.

son_of_foley
February 8th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Barton played against Morocco

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9201610.stm

but isn't playing tommorow (even though it's a friendly) because he hasnt decided who his allegiance lies to

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/nations-cup-northern-ireland-are-in-it-to-win-it-15069540.html

I'm told new rules only count competitive matches but I'll need to check.

El Capitano Gatisto
February 8th, 2011, 11:13 AM
How is the Nations Cup a competitive game then? It's a friendly competition basically.

Maybe FIFA lifted the rule specifically for U21s in regards to competitive games because I know the Africans were pushing for that so they could cap players who had appeared in friendlies or whatever for France as youths.

son_of_foley
February 8th, 2011, 11:13 AM
The rules Alex posted indicated it has to be a competition which "international challenges" arent but I think if thats the case it is a change to the rules. It's something that I've only heard mentioned with Barton and I think Seamus Coleman.

son_of_foley
February 8th, 2011, 11:14 AM
How is the Nations Cup a competitive game then? It's a friendly competition basically.

Maybe FIFA lifted the rule specifically for U21s in regards to competitive games because I know the Africans were pushing for that so they could cap players who had appeared in friendlies or whatever for France as youths.

Nations Cup isn't. I think Bartons turned down the cap himself, well that's my guess.

El Capitano Gatisto
February 8th, 2011, 11:14 AM
The rule Alex posted also says a player cannot change if he has played a full 'A' international for his senior side. Friendlies count as caps, anything that counts as a full international cap has always been a declaration unless something has radically changed.

El Capitano Gatisto
February 8th, 2011, 11:17 AM

Also, their plans for lifting this still only regarded youth games as far as I am aware i.e. playing for youth sides no longer committed a player to that nation.

son_of_foley
February 8th, 2011, 11:23 AM
The rule Alex posted also says a player cannot change if he has played a full 'A' international for his senior side. Friendlies count as caps, anything that counts as a full international cap has always been a declaration unless something has radically changed.

True. Friendlies are still considered 'A' internationals.

In Fergusons case specifically I don't know if that international game was FIFA sanctioned because of what happened.

With Barton the talk is he still hasn't decided despite playing in a senior friendly and I had heard the competition rule recently which would tie into that decision.

RFF Champ
February 9th, 2011, 6:54 AM
Shefki Kuqi is the latest striker linked with us. He played well for Derby early in the season but if this is seriously what we're looking at then why not just stick with the three we have and the yoot?

son_of_foley
February 9th, 2011, 6:59 AM
He did do well for us early in the year but I think it would be a ludicrous signing for a premier league team. How long is Ameobi out for?

RFF Champ
February 9th, 2011, 7:01 AM
Originally they said 2 months. I'm sure if they can then they'll push him back earlier and get him wearing a mask or something.

Pardew has said that the new signing won't necessarily be first choice and that the decision should be made today.

Ewerthon is the other we're linked too.

The Rosk
February 9th, 2011, 7:02 AM
Kuqi :~A:?A??<Skm.as.,as.NQML!QM<LLM!

son_of_foley
February 9th, 2011, 7:07 AM
You need what 8-9 points in 13 games. That's do-able even without bringing someone else in. Kuqi will be another battering ram if needed I guess.

RFF Champ
February 9th, 2011, 10:52 AM
It's a shame that Kazenga Lua Lua and Haris Vuckic are both injured or I doubt we'd even be having this conversation. Vuckic in particular looks exciting.

Simon
February 9th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Lua Lua? That's who you're resting your hopes on? I've seen plenty of him and he is SHIT. He scored a few goals for Brighton because he's quicker than any defender in the league, but he is absolutely crap at football. Brighton played Colchester last year and I can honestly say it is the worst individual performance I have ever seen from a player, he was diabolica. He was a winger whose only trick was to kick the ball past the defender, run straight into him and then moan to the ref when he didn't get a free kick.

RFF Champ
February 9th, 2011, 11:04 AM
I don't think I was resting my hopes on anyone.

Whoever we bring in is going to be as back-up, a 5th choice striker. Either of the two players I mentioned, Vuckic in particular as I said, would have been capable of that.

Simon
February 9th, 2011, 11:05 AM
If you ever have to use Lua Lua as a Premier League player for any period of time you'll be fucked, he is cack. The original Lua Lua was very much underrated IMO, think he is in Greece now playing alongside Quincy Owusu-Abeyie. Best strike force partnership names of all time.

Simon
February 9th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Actually I'm bang wrong about that, Lomana is in Cyprus and Quincy has just moved to Malaga :happysad: apart from that though I was spot on.

RFF Champ
February 9th, 2011, 11:08 AM
At the end of the day Simon, would you rather give a youth player who has looked alright a chance as 5th choice striker and give him some experience to see if he can kick on or:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig0bYK6KAIw

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/match-centre/article346361.ece/ALTERNATES/gallery-large/Shefki+Kuqi.jpeg

Gary J
February 9th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Kuqi has played against hull twice this season once for Swansea and once for Derby isn't there some rule saying he can't play for 3 teams in one season ?

You'd be better off playing a youth player though as in both games he turned in a performance that would have rivalled the LuaLua performance Simon saw.

Simon
February 9th, 2011, 11:23 AM
They are both shit but Kuqi has at least shown himself to be a good player at Championship level. Lua Lua has looked 'alright' at League One level. Don't get me wrong Kuqi wouldn't score any goals for you either but at least he can make a nuisance of himself. There's a good possibility that Lua Lua would actively make you worse, after 90 minutes alongside him Barton would murder him and get sent to prison.

RFF Champ
February 9th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Kuqi has played against hull twice this season once for Swansea and once for Derby isn't there some rule saying he can't play for 3 teams in one season ?

You'd be better off playing a youth player though as in both games he turned in a performance that would have rivalled the LuaLua performance Simon saw.

I have no idea what that rule is. Oxford signed a player in January but were then told it couldn't go through because he had played for two teams this season. Paul Konchesky was allowed to go to Forest though, perhaps because it was an 'emergency loan'.

UK Blue
February 9th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Konchesky played for Fulham this season?

It must be a different rule regarding loans. Some players have three or four loan spells a season, all with different clubs.

RFF Champ
February 9th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Yeah, he played against Man Utd in the first game.

Beefy
February 9th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Konchesky played for Fulham this season?

It must be a different rule regarding loans. Some players have three or four loan spells a season, all with different clubs.

No, sometimes the loan counts too. Grella at Leeds, for example. He had a loan spell somewhere then was supposed to go to Scotland on loan but that collapsed. But then as I said in the FL thread a few days ago, last season we loaned Revell out to Swindon after he'd started the season with us. Then we paid off his contract so he could go to Wycombe before the League said it was against this two clubs rule so we had to re-sign him and then loan him out.

The rule doesn't make much sense which is why Clubs keep forgetting about it.

Red Dog
February 9th, 2011, 12:54 PM
I have no idea what that rule is. Oxford signed a player in January but were then told it couldn't go through because he had played for two teams this season. Paul Konchesky was allowed to go to Forest though, perhaps because it was an 'emergency loan'.
Yeah he is an "emergency loan" is every sense of the word because we have no left back.

son_of_foley
February 9th, 2011, 1:04 PM
Did you not say your squad had been weakened in the last window? Was that you?

Red Dog
February 9th, 2011, 1:09 PM
Me?

Well, Ramsay and Bertrand have gone and been replaced by Konchesky and Findlay (who is now out for 2 months before playing a game). And Tudgay has replaced Blackstock. So maybe not weakened, it is about the same.

Ringo
February 9th, 2011, 1:32 PM
Thoughts on Bertrand overall, Red Dog?

Red Dog
February 9th, 2011, 1:40 PM
Very good, mature, consistant player.

Never outstanding but always a good 7/10 every week. I can't remember him having a bad game.

From what I have seen I would be suprised if he became a regular at Chelsea to be honest but definitely has enough quality to play at a Europa League standard team.

RFF Champ
February 9th, 2011, 2:04 PM
Yeah he is an "emergency loan" is every sense of the word because we have no left back.

The club would have known that Bertrand's loan was expiring and then should have sought to either extend it or find a replacement. I don't see what justifies it being an emergency loan rather than a normal loan. I always thought emergency loans were only during the football league loan window. It's not as if you have a lengthy list of injured left backs.

son_of_foley
February 9th, 2011, 2:29 PM
I think what Alex is saying is FUCK OFF FOREST YOU CHEATING SHITS

Ringo
February 9th, 2011, 2:36 PM
We didn't let Forest extend Bertrand's loan because we'd planned to loan him and van Aanholt out for half the season each.

Red Dog
February 9th, 2011, 3:09 PM
The club would have known that Bertrand's loan was expiring and then should have sought to either extend it or find a replacement. I don't see what justifies it being an emergency loan rather than a normal loan. I always thought emergency loans were only during the football league loan window. It's not as if you have a lengthy list of injured left backs.
I don't really know the answer to be honest.

I can only assume that we thought we would get Bertrand for the season but that goes against what Ringo has heard.

Ringo
February 9th, 2011, 3:44 PM
Apparently Ashley Cole made his own way to Leicester at the weekend to watch Paddy van Aanholt and give him feedback on his performance. What a great role model Ashley is, thinking of the club's future. Good lad.

Bad Collin
February 9th, 2011, 3:46 PM
He should have turned up at Stamford Bridge instead :)

Bennedy
February 10th, 2011, 5:14 AM
Kuqi is IN at Newcastle.

JamieB
February 10th, 2011, 6:17 AM

Why isn't Julian Bennett getting a look in. He looked decent enough for us.

Mik
February 10th, 2011, 6:32 AM
Diabolica!

Ole.

Red Dog
February 10th, 2011, 7:25 AM
Why isn't Julian Bennett getting a look in. He looked decent enough for us.
If we want to get promoted we need better players than him.

I don't mean that to sound patronising but he wasnt good enough before his injury so I can't imagine he is any better now.

son_of_foley
February 10th, 2011, 7:31 AM
no left backs lads

son_of_foley
February 10th, 2011, 7:31 AM
COME QUICK AMBULANCE ITS AM EMERGENCY IVE GOT NO HEAD
How are you making this call
THIS HEADS JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH

thats probably pretty much exactly the same thing right there. Cheats.

Red Dog
February 10th, 2011, 8:52 AM
You are becoming increasingly bitter with every passing day.

Simon
February 10th, 2011, 9:28 AM
COME QUICK AMBULANCE ITS AM EMERGENCY IVE GOT NO HEAD
How are you making this call
THIS HEADS JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH

:rofl: Post of the forever.

Winkle van Tinkle
February 10th, 2011, 9:46 AM
Apparently Ashley Cole made his own way to Leicester at the weekend to watch Paddy van Aanholt and give him feedback on his performance. What a great role model Ashley is, thinking of the club's future. Good lad.

you know he went their for a bird, and used that as an excuse.

RFF Champ
February 10th, 2011, 9:47 AM
Shefki Kuqi's interview on our official site is great, slightly surreal.

"Yesterday my sat nav took me a little bit the wrong way, so it took me quite a while to drive here from Swansea. Normally if that happens to me - if I get lost or miss a turning - I get very annoyed, but yesterday I was really cool and calm because I knew I was coming here."

I like that he blames the sat nav.

Grimario
February 10th, 2011, 5:52 PM
Michael Owen to Newcastle AU?

http://www.theherald.com.au/news/local/sport/football-soccer/dream-double-cashedup-jets-close-in-on-owen-culina/2073009.aspx

THE Newcastle Jets are well advanced in negotiations that could culminate in the signings of Michael Owen and Jason Culina, a double-barrelled coup that will stun the A-League.

It is understood Culina, the Socceroos midfielder, is keen to join his father, Jets coach Branko, in Newcastle and has told his club, Gold Coast United, that he wants out of the final season of a three-year deal on the holiday strip.

Jason Culina, a veteran of more than 50 games for his country and two World Cups, is widely regarded as the most influential player in the A-League.

But the 30-year-old’s signing will be dwarfed by that of Owen, the once-prolific 31-year-old striker who has been struggling this season to force his way into the Manchester United line-up.

There has been speculation that Owen, a horse-racing enthusiast, has not only been offered a massive cash deal by Jets owner Nathan Tinkler, but also a thoroughbred.

Jets officials were reluctant to comment but did not dismiss the rumours last night.

‘‘I can definitely say that we have signed neither of those players,’’ a Jets source said.

‘‘The other thing I would say is that we don’t publicly discuss our negotiations.

‘‘But we are always interested in good players, and it’s fair to say we have cast a wide net.’’

Owen would rate alongside Dwight Yorke, who played for Sydney in the inaugural A-League season, and Robbie Fowler as the biggest drawcard in the league’s history.

At 31, the former Liverpool, Real Madrid and England star is nearing the end of his illustrious career, but he is still worthy of a spot in Man United’s powerful squad, and as recently as January 29 scored a goal in their FA Cup win against Southampton.

Since scoring on his Premier League debut for Liverpool at the age of 17, Owen has been one of the game’s deadliest finishers.

He has scored almost 200 goals in his professional career, including 40 in 89 games for England. The only other player of his stature playing in the A-League is Fowler, who at 35 is several years past his prime.

The best bit is we are going to entice him over with HORSES. Brilliant work.

Keano's Magic Hat
February 11th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Manchester United have reportedly signed some 16 year old Belgian wonderkid who is coming in as the highest paid player in the academy

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Manchester-United-transfer-news-United-snapping-up-Belgian-teen-sensation-dubbed-the-new-David-Beckham-winger-Adnan-Januzaj-article694907.html

United have also agreed a future fee of 10m with Porto for the next 'Messi'

YouTube - Golo Juan Manuel Iturbe Chile Argentina Sub-20

YouTube - Juan Iturbe Golo Argentina Brasil Sub-20

Andy
February 11th, 2011, 10:54 AM
That's weird, I though we'd just signed the new Messi from Japan. We also have the next Zidane, Vieira, Eto'o and er, Ray Parlour.

Keano's Magic Hat
February 11th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Who is the next Ray Parlour? :D

Andy
February 11th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Henri Lansbury. I love that Wenger himself actually said he is the next Ray Parlour. High praise indeed.

I hope he's in our squad next season though.

Gary J
February 11th, 2011, 11:36 AM
I look forward to seeing Lansbury in a Hull City shirt.

http://www.hullcityafc.net/javaImages/49/a9/0,,10338~3123529,00.jpg

Ringo
February 11th, 2011, 11:54 AM
I watched the Brazil/Argentina game at the ongoing South American Under 20 championships. That Iturbe lad looks absolutely brilliant, and a the commentator pointed out "if he doesn't want to be compared to Messi he should probably stop doing stuff like that. Aside from Neymar, he's been the star of the tournament by all accounts.

turdpower
February 11th, 2011, 12:03 PM
That's weird, I though we'd just signed the new Messi from Japan. We also have the next Zidane, Vieira, Eto'o and er, Ray Parlour.

How can the new Messi be Japenese mate. Come on. Sort it out.

Andy
February 11th, 2011, 12:13 PM
He'll be just like Messi in every way, I'm sure of it.

Gangers
February 11th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Nice quick edit Andy ;)

Andy
February 11th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Yeah I realised I'd misread KMH's post.

RFF Champ
February 24th, 2011, 6:44 AM
Eden Hazard has said that he would prefer to move to Spain than England. French press are also reporting today that he's set to sign a new contract with Lille. Probably to drive the price up rather than him committing to staying I guess.

Bennedy
February 24th, 2011, 1:19 PM
Can see him going to Real.

RFF Champ
March 2nd, 2011, 4:51 AM
The Schalke chairman has confirmed that Manchester United have expressed interest in signing Manuel Neuer. He did say though that there was no communication between the two clubs yet, it came through an 'international consultant'.

Keano's Magic Hat
March 7th, 2011, 8:59 AM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_6800234,00.html

I've seen him play a few times and he's always been awful. Good on footballl manager, though :rolleyes:

RFF Champ
March 7th, 2011, 9:05 AM
Hazard signed a new contract at Lille last week.

Yesterday he scored this goal: http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/golazo!-eden-hazard-marseille-8689690/

The videos in slow motion which is shit but it was measured at 35 metres out and 95km/h.

Simon
March 15th, 2011, 5:36 AM
The Guardian has splashed the front page of their sport section with a story about Nani moving to Italy in the summer.

Bad Collin
March 15th, 2011, 8:52 AM
Transparent contract negotiations.

Winkle van Tinkle
March 15th, 2011, 6:41 PM
Klose to Leicester. Impressive.

UK Blue
March 15th, 2011, 6:58 PM
Surely not.

Andy
March 15th, 2011, 6:59 PM
Where you seen that?

UK Blue
March 15th, 2011, 7:02 PM
I'm going to sign him in the RFF thread.

Ringo
March 18th, 2011, 11:26 AM
We've signed Sao Paulo "wonderkid" Lucas Piazon €7.5m apparently. He'll join when he turns 18 in Jan 2012.

They're calling him the new Kaka. I hope this isn't just because he LOOKS like Kaka.

http://thechels.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/piazon.png

Still confident that Lukaku will join in the Summer as well. :fingersx:

Keano's Magic Hat
March 19th, 2011, 2:28 PM
Douglas Costa was at Old Trafford today. Looks like he's on his way.

Keano's Magic Hat
March 19th, 2011, 2:45 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/8392833/Manchester-United-renew-interest-in-Brazilian-wonderkid-Douglas-Costa.html

Jaymz
March 19th, 2011, 3:57 PM
So who do people think will capture the signature of Craig Mackail-Smith?

His contract runs out next summer, and Peterborough have turned down several multi-million pound bids for the prolific 27 year old, including a 3m bid from Norwich.

I hope he goes soon, as my Daggers have a nice sell-on clause.

Andy
March 20th, 2011, 3:50 PM
BC, how sure are you Reina has a clause in his contract about CL football? Bob Wilson has today claimed we had multiple "massive money" bids for Reina turned down in the summer and expects us to try again this summer.

Bad Collin
March 20th, 2011, 3:51 PM
Not sure at all, there is no real evidence for it. Hopefully it is all paper talk.

Did Bob specify what "massive money" is? He is quite old...

Lagom
March 20th, 2011, 4:15 PM
As far as I'm concerned, if we can make a good profit on Reina, especially after all he's done for us, then we should absolutely let him go. I'd like to see him go to somewhere like Barcelona rather than Arsenal, but that would be his choice.

What I'd be worried about most, is who we would replace him with, if it's someone established, we're going to be forking out the best part of any fee we receive, but if it's someone who's young and untested, we face the teething problems that come with that.

Ideally, if he were to go, I'd like to see us put our efforts into getting someone like Adler or Neuer, but again, if Reina's leaving because of the lack of European action, will either of those two want to replace him?

Also, us chasing Baines this summer? The premise is ridiculous, but if it were to happen, I'd be very pleased.

Andy
March 20th, 2011, 4:20 PM
No mention of the actual amount but massive money for Arsenal to him would be anything more than our record signing I suppose, so 15m+. I knew we were in for him but didn't know anything about all these bids, but I don't know why Wilson would lie.

Lagom
March 20th, 2011, 4:32 PM
I think, like the deal with Torres, the board would be looking at their potential replacement while in negotiations with anyone who wanted to buy Reina, and would vary their demands based on what they believe necessary to secure the replacement, plus a profit. If that is the case, i think you're looking at 20m+

Andy
March 20th, 2011, 4:35 PM
We'll give you 8m plus Chesney on loan for a season.

Lagom
March 20th, 2011, 4:39 PM
Who do you think you are, Daniel Levy?!

RFF Champ
March 24th, 2011, 7:29 AM
There's a scout at the U-17 South American Championships who has reported that Man Utd have agreed an option to sign 16 year old Angelo Henriquez for 3mil.

I think it's reached national news now.

Here's what the scout had to say about him:

one of the most impressive cfwds of the tournament (u17 south american championship). plays in the middle up front in a 4-3-3 system, possesses great variety of skills, physically/technically. extremely hard working (!), outstanding runner (bursts/20-30 meters), fine touch, right footed but uses left to fine level (shots, passes), smart movement, ok body strength, brain/skill to play effective combinations. maybe lacks a few cms (hard to tell his exact size, i'd guess 178-180 cm), and would probably (eventually be used as a second striker)

Sounds too good to be true..

Someone made the point that the 8mil for Bebe + 3mil for Obertan + this 3mil = Ozil.

Appaz only four PL clubs are scouting this competition, I don't know which ones though.

Simon
March 24th, 2011, 7:31 AM
Alex the thing with comments like that (about Ozil) is that they aren't really relevant - Ozil only wanted to go to Madrid.

Andy
March 24th, 2011, 7:38 AM
Arsenal and Man United will definitel be two of the clubs there.

RFF Champ
March 24th, 2011, 7:41 AM
Alex the thing with comments like that (about Ozil) is that they aren't really relevant - Ozil only wanted to go to Madrid.

That aside. The point isn't irrelevant because we all know what Man Utd's deficiencies are this season. Even if that money had been spent on say Raul Meireles or someone good. It's more a representation of what that money could have bought

turdpower
March 24th, 2011, 8:16 AM
The money we wasted on Obertan and Bebe has been recouped on Hernandez.

Probably.

El Capitano Gatisto
March 24th, 2011, 8:33 AM
I think it's been acknowledged by a few reports now that Bebe was signed as a way to keep Jorge Mendes sweet as much for his ability as a player. Certainly makes more sense.

RFF Champ
March 29th, 2011, 9:13 AM
We've got two deals wrapped up for players to join on July 1st APPAZ. It was rumoured earlier in the week they were internationals so it's probably Jay Bothroyd and Kieron Westwood.

I think one is likely to be Westwood. We've also been linked with Elmander and Seb Larsson a lot.

Sky Sports are also saying that we're one of the clubs tracking Axel Witsel.

son_of_foley
March 29th, 2011, 9:27 AM
Westwood is a good player but an odd signing for you and him surely? I mean Krul, Fraser Forrester (sp?) and Harper around it will be tough for him to be 1st choice

Lagom
March 29th, 2011, 9:30 AM
Sky Sports are also saying that we're one of the clubs tracking Axel Witsel.

Better not let him play against Arsenal... :s

son_of_foley
March 29th, 2011, 9:33 AM
Aliadiere is playing for Arsenal reserves today

Lagom
March 29th, 2011, 9:37 AM
Isn't Lehmann supposed to be turning out in that game?

RFF Champ
March 29th, 2011, 9:40 AM
Westwood is a good player but an odd signing for you and him surely? I mean Krul, Fraser Forrester (sp?) and Harper around it will be tough for him to be 1st choice

Pardew doesn't seem to rate Krul. Krul hasn't yet lived up to early promise but he's still young. His problem is he looks a bit nervous and he flaps at things.

Harper is knocking on but has looked good since coming back from injury.

Pardew has said that Forster will come and compete for the number one spot next season. I don't know whether he'll be happy with that though if he can get a move to Celtic permanently.

Our new goalkeeping coach Andy Woodman has apparently said Krul isn't up to it and recommended we buy Westwood.

Andy
March 29th, 2011, 9:44 AM
Lehmann and Aliadiere have both started.

Lehmann has just been booked for dissent. :lol:

son_of_foley
March 29th, 2011, 9:44 AM
Westwood has the potential to be top notch.

Coventry might well be a bit fucked next year. Talk of them being under embargo and that they tried to sell Marlon King at the end of the window but had to stop because of the embargo meaning no replacements

Andy
April 4th, 2011, 12:10 PM
This is almost certainly in reaction to our shocking run of results, but there's big rumours about a total clear out in the summer.

I would be shocked if Denilson was still at Arsenal by the end of the transfer window, while it seems increasingly likely Clichy will be sold too. Almunia will obviously be gone and I wouldn't be surprised to see Squillaci, Bendtner, Diaby and Rosicky follow him out the door.

Very interesting summer ahead for us, we need to use the rest of the season to evaluate the squad and see who needs to go/who needs to come in, who needs a massive kick up the arse etc.

I fully expect Lansbury to be more involved next season but beyond that I don't really see any of our youngsters playing a lot of games.

Simon
April 4th, 2011, 12:13 PM
The papers seem convinced that Clichy is gone, is there any reason for that? He's been much better this season and I've never heard him say he wants to leave...Wenger doesn't tend to force people out unless they're over the hill (Almunia is STILL there somehow) so it seems odd that the media are considering it a foregone conclusion.

Andy
April 4th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Clichy has 12 months left on his contract and supposedly (according to pretty much every paper and other source I take notice of) pulled out of contract talks a couple of weeks ago. I'm really not sure how to feel about that. He's been much better with Arshavin out of the side but he's still prone to the odd monumental fuck up. Given someone in front of him who will work hard he's a very good player but he hasn't had enough of that this season and has often been left hopelessly exposed.

Andy
April 4th, 2011, 12:25 PM
A lot of people are suggesting Vermaelen to left back which I HATE. Pure speculation by people being hopeful we'll go back in for Cahill or Subotic I think.