PDA

View Full Version : The Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

Keano's Magic Hat
January 21st, 2011, 10:21 AM
Yeah, I've just seen that after a quick search on Google :(

I feel violated :mad:

Simon
January 21st, 2011, 10:21 AM
Yeah it was some Portuguese researcher's name wasn't it?

Alf
January 21st, 2011, 10:22 AM
He had a random position didn't he?

I remember being gutted when he was an extremely quick CB in my game.

Keano's Magic Hat
January 21st, 2011, 10:24 AM
He was always a striker on my game. Would score goals at any level. I genuinely loved him.

Star fruit surf rider
January 21st, 2011, 10:24 AM
Spurs should sign To Madeira. The best player in the history of manager games. I think it was 01/02, he was a goal machine.

Him, Kennedy, Mark Kerr and Robben. To Madeira was the star, though. Who the fuck is he?
http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2010/02/22/article-1266838254627-08678017000005DC-989419_636x300.jpg

Keano's Magic Hat
January 21st, 2011, 10:25 AM
:shocked:

I've been to Madeira, btw. Lovely little island, great people, great wine and some remarkable fanny.

Star fruit surf rider
January 21st, 2011, 10:25 AM
Ronaldo plays 01/02.

Alf
January 21st, 2011, 10:26 AM
Sandro to Eveton on loan appazles.

Andy
January 21st, 2011, 10:35 AM
Sunderland would be better off spending an extra couple of million and getting N'Zogbia IMO.

Beefy
January 21st, 2011, 10:41 AM
He was always a striker on my game. Would score goals at any level. I genuinely loved him.

There's some great blasts from the past on here:

http://blog.sport.co.uk/Football/234/Top_Ten_Football_Manager_Legends.aspx

Danny Carter (AMRC from Orient in CM94) remains my ultimate CM legend.

Beefy
January 21st, 2011, 10:51 AM
Is there anyone who thinks that Kenny Miller to Bursaspor is going to end well?

son_of_foley
January 21st, 2011, 10:52 AM
Not the Bursapor chariman anyway

RFF Champ
January 21st, 2011, 10:54 AM
Mark Hughes has expressed an interest in taking Gael Kakuta on loan to Fulham.

Mik
January 21st, 2011, 10:59 AM
Sunderland would be better off spending an extra couple of million and getting N'Zogbia IMO.

It's looking likely that we're going to get him as well.

RFF Champ
January 21st, 2011, 11:00 AM
I heard you were in for Muntari as well. Anything more on that?

MMH
January 21st, 2011, 11:01 AM
I've heard reports between 4.5 - 7m.

4.5M would be brilliant business. Even 7M would be a fair price.

MMH
January 21st, 2011, 11:04 AM
There's some great blasts from the past on here:

http://blog.sport.co.uk/Football/234/Top_Ten_Football_Manager_Legends.aspx

Danny Carter (AMRC from Orient in CM94) remains my ultimate CM legend.

Im disgusted at the lack of Orri Freyr Oskarsson. He was ridiculously good for his stats.

Alan Moore was always brilliant in the first Champo game.

Keano's Magic Hat
January 21st, 2011, 11:05 AM
Sunderland need a goal scoring midfielder first and foremost. Doesn't their entire midfield have something pathetic like 1 goal between them all season?

Could do worse than going for Joey Barton (watch Mik go mental :D).

Simon
January 21st, 2011, 11:07 AM
Selakovic is missing from that list, he was tits.

Simon
January 21st, 2011, 11:07 AM
And Kennedy Bakiroglu.

Keano's Magic Hat
January 21st, 2011, 11:10 AM
How about Paul Robinon, the fullback from Watford (I think)? He's now at Bolton. He was a key man in my Quadruple winning United side.

Star fruit surf rider
January 21st, 2011, 11:24 AM
How about Paul Robinon, the fullback from Watford (I think)? He's now at Bolton. He was a key man in my Quadruple winning United side.
Mike Duff.

I would have named my stadium after him if I could.

Simon
January 21st, 2011, 11:27 AM
This is from a Liverpool ITK (dunno if it's from RAWK, anyone?):

Posting in here. Comes from the same source that told me about Purslow joining a couple of weeks before he did and also of the H&G takeover before it happened. Everytime he has told me something it's been spot on.

How Spurs got Van Der Vaart.

When VDV#s transfer to Bayern fell through - he was offered to Liverpool first for 8m. We didn't have the money but Purslow and Hodgson decided to off load anyone they could. West Ham (of all clubs) offered 8m for Babel. We accepted and put him "in that helicopter". Real Madrid accepted our bid.

In the meantime - Daniel Levy got wind of the transfer and offered Liverpool more money for Babel. Babel & Agent were more than happy to go and we accepted the higher bid. Helicopte heads to Tottenham. Babel lands and is kept waiting for 3 hours for a medical - gets f* *ed off and leaves. We don't have time to get any money together and Tottenham call VDV's agent and offer to buy him.

Rest as they say, is history.

:bowdown: Levy.

Andy
January 21st, 2011, 11:40 AM
What a load of shit that obviously is.

Simon
January 21st, 2011, 11:41 AM
What a load of shit you are.

Andy
January 21st, 2011, 11:45 AM
The main issue with it being, even if Liverpool had a bid accepted, why on earth would VDV want to go there. And yes, that is the most ridiculous part of a story which also includes an elaborate helicopter ploy.

Simon
January 21st, 2011, 11:46 AM
This was at the start of the season when they weren't in so much of a mess. It would have been perfectly reasonable for him to go there seeing as he was literally being forced out of Madrid.

Andy
January 21st, 2011, 11:49 AM
I don't think so. If he was being made available then a number of CL teams would've been in for him. Even at the start of the season Spurs was a far more attractive proposition that Liverpool. Especially as Liverpool couldn't guarantee him his first choice position.

Beefy
January 21st, 2011, 11:51 AM
I don't get this "Why would x want to go there?" malarky. This is Liverpool, FFS. Short-term (even long-term) problems aside they're one of the two biggest Clubs in the Country and one of the ten biggest Clubs in the World.

They're quite clearly going to have a lot of problems in the near future but attracting players there shouldn't be one of them.

Simon
January 21st, 2011, 11:51 AM
Suck your mum.

EDIT: Andy, not Beefy.

Andy
January 21st, 2011, 11:56 AM
Sorry to break it to you mate, but your beloved Jew isn't all he's cracked up to be. He got VDV for 50p and convinced him to be happy with a grand a week but unfortunately there wasn't really any kidnap and helicopter plots. :(

Keano's Magic Hat
January 21st, 2011, 1:06 PM
The main issue with it being, even if Liverpool had a bid accepted, why on earth would VDV want to go there. And yes, that is the most ridiculous part of a story which also includes an elaborate helicopter ploy.

That's the worst post I've seen from you.

Regardless of Champions League football, Liverpool still have a bigger pull than the likes of Spurs and Arsenal. You're getting carried away because of half a season of rubbish. Liverpool are one of the biggest clubs in the world, you moron.

El Capitano Gatisto
January 21st, 2011, 1:09 PM
Yeah it's getting a bit much the Liverpool grief. Weren't there people on here arguing that Suarez wouldn't want to go to Liverpool now too? He'd probably run there to play for them.

Alf
January 21st, 2011, 1:10 PM
This is from a Liverpool ITK (dunno if it's from RAWK, anyone?):

:bowdown: Levy.

What a load of shit that obviously is.

Search through this or the Spurs thread.

I was told exactly the same story a day or two after he signed.

Andy
January 21st, 2011, 1:18 PM
That's the worst post I've seen from you.

Regardless of Champions League football, Liverpool still have a bigger pull than the likes of Spurs and Arsenal. You're getting carried away because of half a season of rubbish. Liverpool are one of the biggest clubs in the world, you moron.

I genuinely don't believe that's true anymore. I don't know if VDV ever had the choice, but if he did, I'd be shocked if he chose Liverpool over Spurs or indeed Arsenal in the summer. He's a player coming into the peak of his career, is obviously quality, massively highly rated, with bags of CL and international experience. Liverpool are (and were in the summer) at best a club in a long-term rebuilding process and at worst, a club in decline. I don't think it's unfair to suggest Liverpool are losing their pull for the best players in the world. Leeds are a massive club, so are Newcastle etc, but they can't attract the sort of players they used to be able to. Arsenal, Spurs and now City can all offer far more to any potential signing than Liverpool can. If any player had the choice, I'd be shocked if they chose Liverpool over the other three. The only player I can think of that chose Liverpool over Arsenal or Spurs is Joe Cole, and that was only because Liverpool were offering a vast amount more money and a longer contract.

Search through this or the Spurs thread.

I was told exactly the same story a day or two after he signed.

The story may well have been around four months ago but I still think it's complete bullshit.

Alf
January 21st, 2011, 1:19 PM
Levy can control the weather.

El Capitano Gatisto
January 21st, 2011, 1:30 PM
I genuinely don't believe that's true anymore. I don't know if VDV ever had the choice, but if he did, I'd be shocked if he chose Liverpool over Spurs or indeed Arsenal in the summer. He's a player coming into the peak of his career, is obviously quality, massively highly rated, with bags of CL and international experience. Liverpool are (and were in the summer) at best a club in a long-term rebuilding process and at worst, a club in decline. I don't think it's unfair to suggest Liverpool are losing their pull for the best players in the world. Leeds are a massive club, so are Newcastle etc, but they can't attract the sort of players they used to be able to. Arsenal, Spurs and now City can all offer far more to any potential signing than Liverpool can. If any player had the choice, I'd be shocked if they chose Liverpool over the other three. The only player I can think of that chose Liverpool over Arsenal or Spurs is Joe Cole, and that was only because Liverpool were offering a vast amount more money and a longer contract.

Andy, Newcastle were not and never have been a big club on the European stage. They are an attractive prospect with the potential if they are run properly, but the comparison with Liverpool is laughable. Further, Newcastle have traditionally punched above their weight in attracting players. When they signed Faustino Asprilla he was one of the biggest names in world football. They were also recently relegated, Liverpool have not been yet.

Leeds are still in the Championship, after a number of years out of the Premier League. I'm not sure why you are even making that comparison.

Liverpool still have top players playing for them. They are a few players away from challenging again. They have consistently competed in Europe prior to this season. They one of the greatest all-time performers in the European Cup. They still hold the joint record for English titles won. They have a famous stadium and following, and a well-established global following. They are in a process of re-building, footballers know this too. They know they can go there and make a name for themselves for a legendary club.

Andy
January 21st, 2011, 2:15 PM
I know all this. They are a massive club. My point is, should VDV or any comparable player have the choice of Spurs/Arsenal/City or Liverpool at this stage, or at the start of the season, I'd be shocked if they chose Liverpool. Leeds and Newcastle are extreme examples but i used them to show that while Liverpool are a big club, they will inevitably lose their power to attract top players if they slip into mediocrity or worse. You may not agree, but in terms of potential success (and probably wages also), there is at least five clubs which will be in a better position than Liverpool for at least a couple of years. VDV is a well known player who didn't need to make a name for himself.

Keano's Magic Hat
January 21st, 2011, 2:20 PM
You know when I said your last post was the worst I've ever seen? That is no longer true.

Andy, did you just compare Liverpool, a team that has won the European Cup and reached another final in the last 5 years, a team that finished second and was probably the best side over the season in 2009, a side that has 5 European Cups and 18 league titles, a side that has Fernando Torres up top to NEWCASTLE FUCKING UNITED?!

There is so much wrong with the comparison that I'm not going to dignify it with a proper response.

Go give your head a wobble, you fruit. You must have an extra chromosome, I'm almost certain of it.

Bad Collin
January 21st, 2011, 2:25 PM
KMH just ruined Andy.

Also, Toto Zola Moukoko was the greatest ever champo player.

Andy
January 21st, 2011, 2:26 PM
Shuddup. I didn't say Newcastle are bigger than Liverpool, but that they, like Leeds, are a big club no longer to attract the sort of talent they used to be able to because of a slump.

The player in question was VDV. if he'd stayed at Real and was available for transfer in this window, does anyone think he'd go to Liverpool?

Bad Collin
January 21st, 2011, 2:31 PM
Yes. Lets see Spurs get into the champions league eight years in ten before we put them ahead of Liverpool.

Liverpool were European champions five years ago and finalists three years ago. Liverpool have legions of fans in every country.

I could see why players would be put off Liverpool when the money situation was terrible but this is the start of a rebuilding phase. NESV will be steadily buying talented young players, it would be very exciting to be part of that.

Gary J
January 21st, 2011, 3:16 PM
Wasn't it being widely reported that VDV was all set to join Liverpool for 6m at the end of last season as part of Rafa's rebuilding ?

El Capitano Gatisto
January 21st, 2011, 3:28 PM
Andy one other thing you need to take into account is that the pull of the Premier League is primarily money, and with stable backing Liverpool have the resources to compete on that basis. Manchester United are probably about the only other club with a similar global appeal to increase revenue as Liverpool. Chelsea are in a much more precarious position if they slide back, because they have only just established themselves as a big side.

One thing to remember too when it comes to the popularity of the Premier League globally on TV is that it's not really the Premier League that is popular - it's the Big Four, which Liverpool are still technically a part of. The only club threatening to take a position there right now is Man City and that's because of their spending. If anything, Liverpool will slide back down, but they much less of a leap to make than any other side in the Premier League to get back in after sliding out of that group.

Mik
January 21st, 2011, 9:14 PM
Sunderland need a goal scoring midfielder first and foremost. Doesn't their entire midfield have something pathetic like 1 goal between them all season?

Could do worse than going for Joey Barton (watch Mik go mental :D).

Aye. 1 from Henderson, perhaps one of Wellbeck's were when he was in midfield, but thats a stretch. It doesnt make great reading really.

I dont think that Barton is much of a goalscorer anymore.

A goal scoring midfielder is certainly what Bruce is looking for. There is no reason why El Mohammmedy and Henderson should be able to pop up with a few goals.

I heard you were in for Muntari as well. Anything more on that?

Its been left in Muntari's hands by all accounts.

Bad Collin
January 22nd, 2011, 8:48 AM
Bloody hell, a lineswoman :eek:

United to buy Bale for 25 million apaz

Bad Collin
January 22nd, 2011, 8:52 AM
God, Poulson is shite.

I heard that Liverpool have bid for Andy Carroll.

Ozanne
January 22nd, 2011, 8:54 AM
God, Poulson is shite.
All part of our rehabilitation program

I'm glad Konchesky isn't part of that program!

BBF
January 22nd, 2011, 9:29 AM
Bloody hell, a lineswoman :eek:

Would.

Bad Collin
January 22nd, 2011, 9:43 AM
He was much better after that lunging foul.

It has been a very promising performance so far, come on Liverpool!

It was reported that Adebayor will be going to Cardiff with an option to buy if they get promoted..

Bad Collin
January 22nd, 2011, 9:44 AM
Would.

I would marry her after she got the decision for the goal spot on.

Apaz, Giovanni Dos Santos is off to Charlton on loan.

Bad Collin
January 22nd, 2011, 9:59 AM
Incredible strike from Raul, this is brilliant.

West Ham have bid 43 million for Messi.

Murphy
January 22nd, 2011, 10:49 AM
You're so giddy Collin that YOU'RE IN THE WRONG FUCKING THREAD.

Ozanne
January 22nd, 2011, 10:54 AM
:lol: brilliant

Bad Collin
January 22nd, 2011, 10:59 AM
You're so giddy Collin that YOU'RE IN THE WRONG FUCKING THREAD.

What are you on about Murph :scared:

Simon
January 23rd, 2011, 7:10 PM
Apparently us and Liverpool are vying for both Luis Suarez and...

Stephen Warnock
:blah:

The Rosk
January 23rd, 2011, 7:29 PM
Oh dear god please get Warnock.

Bad Collin
January 23rd, 2011, 7:44 PM
You can have Warnock Si and we'll take Suarez. Deal?

Andy
January 24th, 2011, 4:39 AM
There is a genuine Arsenal ITK around now. :panic:

Unfortunately there's nothing exciting like potential swap deals, bids for Gary Cahill or signing Henry, but his info is solid. From the way he talks, it seems he is able to talk to one of the Arsenal scouts or someone in the youth set up. He's been saying for weeks that we've been scouting AO-C, but had never made an official offer despite he paper talk. He reckons we've now opened talks and are close to signing him.

He also knows that there were Arsenal scouts at the Rangers game yesterday. The papers have been saying McGregor but he says they were there to see Bougherra. He said this before kick off yesterday, the papers have just picked it up today.

So typically Arsene, to sign a 17 year old winger when we desperately need a defender. If this costs us points there will be serious questions asked. It's a huge gamble not to buy a centre half.

Simon
January 24th, 2011, 5:17 AM
They reckon this Chamberlain kid is the real deal though. Always good to pick them up early for cheap. Bale and to an extent Walcott have already justified the fees paid for them by fulfilling their potential.

Andy
January 24th, 2011, 5:22 AM
Not a fan of Bougherra to be honest, he's hardly the calm, experienced head we need. He thinks he's Lucio.

Alf
January 24th, 2011, 7:12 AM
Pav - 10m to sunderland... it's down to the player now.

Simon
January 24th, 2011, 7:13 AM
Poor old Pav. Nice lad, never let anyone down, generally scored whenever he played and is being forced out. Expect a mega move to Aston Villa a year or so after he joins Sunderland.

Alf
January 24th, 2011, 7:14 AM
He's shit. Shockingly shit.

Simon
January 24th, 2011, 7:16 AM
Suck yourself. I love Super Pav.

MMH
January 24th, 2011, 7:24 AM
How much did you pay for Pavlyuchenko?

Also WHY THE FUCK HAVE WE NOT SIGNED ANYONE YET.

Alf
January 24th, 2011, 7:28 AM
14m appaz. ERGH.

Bennedy
January 24th, 2011, 7:31 AM
Yeah I don't think Pav is that bad. I don't get to see him every week but he has done well when I have seen him. I think he is a decent player.

Bad Collin
January 24th, 2011, 8:07 AM
He's decent but Spurs have moved on since they signed him.

Alf
January 24th, 2011, 8:10 AM
He has the worst touch and control of any player I have ever see.

Bad Collin
January 24th, 2011, 8:13 AM
http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00716/Emile_Heskey_280x39_716115a.jpg?

Simon
January 24th, 2011, 8:19 AM
What Pavlyuchenko can do with a football, Wilson Palacios cannot do at all. I saw Palacios stand next to a ball once and it bounced about three feet away from him.

Gangers
January 24th, 2011, 8:24 AM
I always liked Pavlyuchenko.

Andy
January 24th, 2011, 9:18 AM
Adam hands in a transfer request. I hope Holloway explodes.

Alf
January 24th, 2011, 9:52 AM
Dutch media reporting that Suarez talks have broken down. Sounds ominous.
Mobile Web • 24/01/2011 13:06
retweeted by @OliverKayTimes

...and Levy is appaz doing the deal for Suarez to Spurs.

The Rosk
January 24th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Literally couldn't be laughing more at Adam pissing on Holloway's fire. Wanker. I'd love to not even go for him now and Adam sits there sulking all season.

The Rosk
January 24th, 2011, 10:11 AM
I don't know where Adam would fit into our system now really. It would almost certainly spell the end of Petrov. With Petrov, Makoun, Delph, Bannan, Ireland, Hogg, Reo-Coker, Downing, Clark, youngsters like Gardner and Herd even excluding dross like Salifou, Pires and Osbourne there aren't really massive gaps for us to fill out in the centre of midfield unless it is with real proven quality I feel.

Andy
January 24th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Don't you ever call Robert Pires 'dross' again. :mad:

The Rosk
January 24th, 2011, 10:15 AM
He's been bollocks mate. Slower than Pablo Diablo's thought process when it comes to passing on FIFA.

Gary J
January 24th, 2011, 10:15 AM
He's entitled to call Pires dross as during his time at Villa all he has done of note is argue with Redknapp.

Alf
January 24th, 2011, 10:17 AM
He's been bollocks mate. Slower than Pablo Diablo's thought process when it comes to passing on FIFA.

Ahaha lovely.

Andy
January 24th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Blackpool reject the transfer request. This is gonna get messy.

RFF Champ
January 24th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Aren't Sunderland in for Fuller? I think they're supposed to wrap up a deal for Muntari soon too.

Waiting on confirmation of Ireland to Newcastle.

Mik
January 24th, 2011, 3:45 PM
Pav - 10m to sunderland... it's down to the player now.

Havent heard anything about that at all.

Adam hands in a transfer request. I hope Holloway explodes.

Literally couldn't be laughing more at Adam pissing on Holloway's fire. Wanker. I'd love to not even go for him now and Adam sits there sulking all season.

I wouldnt be surprised if this was cooked up by Holloway and Adams to show that the player is clearly available and wants to go...but the price needs to be right. Trying to force the bidding clubs to up their price.

Aren't Sunderland in for Fuller? I think they're supposed to wrap up a deal for Muntari soon too.

Waiting on confirmation of Ireland to Newcastle.

As far as I'm aware Fuller could be wrapped up anytime. The Muntari deal is in his hands.

Keano's Magic Hat
January 25th, 2011, 9:24 AM
Looks like United are going to sign Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. Can't say I've ever seen him play, and the if the figures quoted are correct then I'd much rather see that money go towards a central midfielder.

Andy
January 25th, 2011, 9:32 AM
Yeah, this bloke that seems to know what he's on about reckons we finally made an approach and are willing to pay around 3m-4m up front and make a structured deal worth up to 10m. United have come in and offered a lot more up front which has supposedly been accepted. Hence Wenger is now talking about him to the press.

Keano's Magic Hat
January 25th, 2011, 9:34 AM
United have apparently been after him for a long time. Fergie was definitely at the game against Oldham (I think it finished 5 or 6-0 Southampton) scouting him.

Andy
January 25th, 2011, 9:38 AM
Yeah, loads of big clubs have been. I've seen a grand total of about ten minutes of him and he does look exciting, but just how good he is I'm not sure. His Dad (also his agent) has been saying his preferred position is CM and it's hardly like we're in desperate need of youngsters there. I'd rather we spent the 10m on a CB and some competition for Song. Doesn't look like that's going to happen though.

Keano's Magic Hat
January 25th, 2011, 9:50 AM
Central midfielder, you say? Get him signed.

Alf
January 25th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Pav being linked to a move to Real Madrid on loan...

Mental.

Second City Saint
January 25th, 2011, 10:10 AM
They really are desperate for strikers

son_of_foley
January 25th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Pav is shit. Waster of a striker

Simon
January 25th, 2011, 10:28 AM
If he goes there you can bet we will be looking for Lass coming the other way.

RFF Champ
January 25th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Oxlade-Chamberlain is 8/1 to sign for United this month. How reliable are your sources?

Simon
January 25th, 2011, 1:03 PM
Heinz is pretty reliable but the last bits of HP always seem to get stuck to the side of the bottle.

RuneEdge
January 25th, 2011, 1:08 PM
Looks like they're about to wrap up a deal for Adebayor now.

Bad Collin
January 25th, 2011, 1:08 PM
The shite joke thread is in the Tavern Simon.

Bennedy
January 25th, 2011, 1:40 PM
Hogg going on loan from Villa to Portsmouth.

The Rosk
January 25th, 2011, 1:46 PM
That's good. Get some crucial experience rather than starve him on the bench.

Bennedy
January 25th, 2011, 2:33 PM
Babel to Hoffenheim confirmed for about 6m.

Keano's Magic Hat
January 25th, 2011, 2:54 PM
Oxlade-Chamberlain is 8/1 to sign for United this month. How reliable are your sources?

Fuck knows, somebody linked up a story from The Sun.

Probably bollocks, then.

I DO know that Sir Alex watched him last month. That's all.

Lagom
January 25th, 2011, 3:25 PM
Babel to Hoffenheim confirmed for about 6m.

Apparently McClaren is back to his mug-like ways and has chucked in a 6m (yes, , not ) bid for Jovanovic. That wouldn't represent a significant profit for us if true. Who knows what we'll spend this reported 12m on..... Carlton Cole and a new stadium probably

Winkle van Tinkle
January 25th, 2011, 3:32 PM
ade to madrid on loan. option to buy for 15.

Andy
January 25th, 2011, 4:50 PM
Christ, Chelsea have had a 52m combined bid for Aguero and Godin turned down. So much for tightening the purse strings.

Simon
January 25th, 2011, 4:52 PM
Godin's a great centre back, he's only been at Atletico 6 months though. Presumably they are struggling to get Luiz finalised if they're pursuing other options. 52m would barely pay for Aguero, Atletico would want easily 60m if not 70m for the pair of them. Not like they need the money having sold Simao either.

Andy
January 25th, 2011, 4:54 PM
Yeah I'm not surprised it got rejected, still an enormous bid though.

RFF Champ
January 27th, 2011, 6:02 AM
I wish we'd sign someone. It's all gone quiet on the Stephen Ireland front. Presumably we can't agree on wages.

Sack him off and sign Krancjar or Gera!

Simon
January 27th, 2011, 6:49 AM
The window has gone dead recently. Four days left and there's been fuck all in the last week or so. If we don't have a striker by the end of the window we will have fucked up ginormously.

RFF Champ
January 27th, 2011, 7:06 AM
Paul Konchesky on his way back to Fulham on loan according to SSN.

I thought it would work out better for him but it seems it was a level too high for him. He'll have a job replacing Chris Baird who seems to have made the left back spot his own. One of his crosses for a goal against Peterborough was a peach, I'm sure he used to be one of the worst in the league.

El Capitano Gatisto
January 27th, 2011, 9:10 AM
The window has gone dead recently. Four days left and there's been fuck all in the last week or so. If we don't have a striker by the end of the window we will have fucked up ginormously.

Big time. It's ridiculous that Spurs have scored less Premier League goals than the likes of Blackpool, Bolton and Newcastle and similar amounts to the likes of Blackburn. Of course Modric and Lennon should probably contribute more but the contribution from Defoe and Crouch has been pathetic. Spurs' midfield has moved on to one of the best in the league but their frontline has remained midtable.

Star fruit surf rider
January 27th, 2011, 9:12 AM
Paul Konchesky on his way back to Fulham on loan according to SSN.

I thought it would work out better for him but it seems it was a level too high for him. He'll have a job replacing Chris Baird who seems to have made the left back spot his own. One of his crosses for a goal against Peterborough was a peach, I'm sure he used to be one of the worst in the league.
We are after some lad called Briggs according to another site which is probably bullshit anyway.

Who is he?

Bennedy
January 27th, 2011, 9:19 AM
We are after some lad called Briggs according to another site which is probably bullshit anyway.

Who is he?

Plays left back for Fulham but I think he is a Centre back by trade. And we went to the same school.

Simon
January 27th, 2011, 9:20 AM
Big time. It's ridiculous that Spurs have scored less Premier League goals than the likes of Blackpool, Bolton and Newcastle and similar amounts to the likes of Blackburn. Of course Modric and Lennon should probably contribute more but the contribution from Defoe and Crouch has been pathetic. Spurs' midfield has moved on to one of the best in the league but their frontline has remained midtable.

Modric can't really be expected to score goals the way he is capable of because, with VDV and Bale now playing, he's very much a deep-lying playmaker. To his credit he still gets forward but he's not going to score goals the way he was doing when he was given a free-ish role nominally on the left. In our first-choice midfield he's our deepest midfielder now, even Hudd plays ahead of him most of the time.

Our strikers have scored six league goals between them this season. To put that in perspective, Marlon Harewood has five.

Bennedy
January 27th, 2011, 9:22 AM
Sign Marlon Harewood?

Simon
January 27th, 2011, 9:25 AM
We might make a few quid loaning him out to the Natural History Museum as the world's first black diplodocus.

Star fruit surf rider
January 27th, 2011, 9:27 AM
http://forest.webz.cz/1021.jpg

:heart::heart::heart:

Bennedy
January 27th, 2011, 9:29 AM
I just want to bloody sign Luiz. Is that too much to ask?

Alf
January 27th, 2011, 9:33 AM
It will be a huge mis-step if we don't sign a striker.

But JD and Crouch haven't become shite overnight. Our move to a 5231-or 451ish formation has a lot to do with it. It's tough being a lone striker... and when you consider the goals Crouch has laid on for VDV then it's part of a bigger picture. Also, you need to consider how we look lovely passing it around but rarely threaten the goal. Really, we need to go back to 442.

Andy
January 27th, 2011, 9:34 AM
I'd hate to see Chris Baird and Paul Konchesky competing for a left back place while Carlos Salcido sits on the bench.

Looks like we wont be signing anyone then, very disappointing. I still think we're one or two players away from having a really strong squad, with cover for Song needed and a centre back definitely needed. I'm not sure how good Gary Cahill actually is but I don't understand why we don't just spend the 10m on him. Squillaci is only a stop gap signing anyway so now that we're in a situation where we need a centre back, why not kill two birds with one stone and plan for the future? Annoying.

Bad Collin
January 27th, 2011, 9:35 AM
Defoe will go goal crazy before the season is out.

Looks like NESV are going to be tight over Suarez. To be honest I would like then to stump up the 20 million considering we are getting 12 million for Babel and Jovanovic. Then again, whether we get him or not, we are not going to finish higher than 6th so there is no point splashing the cash until the summer when there should be better deals on the table.

Alf
January 27th, 2011, 9:37 AM

Looks like NESV are going to be tight over Suarez. To be honest I would like then to stump up the 20 million considering we are getting 12 million for Babel and Jovanovic. Then again, whether we get him or not, we are not going to finish higher than 6th so there is no point splashing the cash until the summer when there should be better deals on the table.

Yep, but Ajax are apparenlty moving the goalposts often too.

I want levy to not fuck around and just pay the price Ajax are asking.

1_Pablo_Angel
January 27th, 2011, 9:49 AM
Holloways posturing regarding Charlie Adam, as well as his eagerness to pick up lower league players for 'disrespectful amounts of money', now all becomes clear;

he's admitted he gets a cut of the transfer fees for every player he makes a profit on!

The greedy, hypocritical, 2 faced cunt. I hope Adam's agent now demands wages deserving by a 14m player.

Chris Scott
January 27th, 2011, 10:31 AM

I agree we should just offer 20 mill take it or leave it, I would love it if we do get him.

Imagine Lucas and Suarez linking up together :D

Bad Collin
January 27th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Why do you have to ruin everything by mentioning Lucunt?

The Rosk
January 27th, 2011, 10:43 AM
I know that we are rumoured to be going for Jenas and noone has mentioned it yet. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you all for not doing so.

Bennedy
January 27th, 2011, 11:26 AM
I heard you're after Jenas mate

Alf
January 27th, 2011, 11:29 AM
I know that we are rumoured to be going for Jenas and noone has mentioned it yet. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you all for not doing so.

He's really good.

Andy
January 27th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Apparently Adebayor's arrival spells the end for M Diarra, who will now move to Monaco for a nominal fee. Now why aren't we in for him? He would provide good competition for Song, who can then cover CB if needed, and it seems as though he'll be cheap.

I remember being frustrated like this when Vincent Kompany went to City. He's someone we've been interested in for ages and when he becomes available at a reasonable price in a position we need cover, we just ignore it.

Simon
January 27th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Why would Adebayor joining affect Diarra?

Andy
January 27th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Presumably there's not enough space in the squad to accommodate them both.

Bennedy
January 27th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Why would Adebayor joining affect Diarra?

Too many blacks innit

Star fruit surf rider
January 27th, 2011, 1:01 PM
We got 5million for him after about 20 games.

Even super jew Daniel Levy couldnt broker that deal.

Mik
January 27th, 2011, 2:40 PM
Got Sessegnon. Muntari in talks.

McBain
January 27th, 2011, 3:36 PM
Would've loved Muntari at the Villa.

How old is he these days?

Andy
January 27th, 2011, 3:37 PM

McBain
January 27th, 2011, 3:38 PM
Coming into his peak. Good business.

Bennedy
January 27th, 2011, 3:43 PM
Still will take some work to get the 60 year old Pires out of your team.

What a season he is having.

1_Pablo_Angel
January 27th, 2011, 3:45 PM
Yep, quite the Indian Summer.

Andy
January 27th, 2011, 4:09 PM
Don't you dare slag off Robert Pires.

Bennedy
January 27th, 2011, 4:12 PM
Why?

Winkle van Tinkle
January 27th, 2011, 4:12 PM
He probably isn't on that much money, and he's not a trouble maker sort of guy, but the tips he could be giving the guys like Albrighton, Young, Downing etc etc could be invaluable to them. Even if you don't see the best of him on the pitch, the kids will be getting loads off him. There was a noticeable difference in Walcott after he trained with Beckham at Arsenal.

1_Pablo_Angel
January 27th, 2011, 4:15 PM
That's the theory, but he's come out in the press moaning about Houllier/lack of game time/other players since he arrived. Pointless.

Andy
January 27th, 2011, 4:16 PM
RVP before Henry started training with us - 1 goal this season.
RVP after Henry started training with us - approx. 73 goals in 6 games.

Winkle van Tinkle
January 27th, 2011, 4:20 PM
If he didn't have a moan up people would say he's there for an easy pay check.

da_man
January 27th, 2011, 6:46 PM
Tomorrow's Mirror will have a story of a 60m bid from Chelsea for Torres.

The Rosk
January 27th, 2011, 6:47 PM
Nah you're just biased. Sorry.

The Rosk
January 27th, 2011, 6:48 PM
Tomorrow's Mirror will have a story of a 60m bid from Chelsea for Torres.

hhffsahztststxyxycuuhvuhvjvh

Winkle van Tinkle
January 27th, 2011, 7:00 PM
It's just been put up and taken down from the mirrors website.

If you google torres chelsea and look at the news, you can see the story there but the link is down.

turdpower
January 27th, 2011, 7:15 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1272483/70m-Fernando-Torres-Chelsea-launch-huge-bid-striker-Roman-Abramovich-looks-blow-Manchester-City-water.html

Matt Lawton was WAY ahead of the game...

Keano's Magic Hat
January 27th, 2011, 7:30 PM
Fuck me, it's actually true. Liverpool have officially rejected a 40m bid from Chelsea :shocked:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8287619/LIverpool-reject-40-million-bid-from-Chelsea-for-striker-Fernando-Torres.html

That's mad money, but if Torres can recapture the form he had a couple of seasons ago (and to be fair, he does look like he is going to) then he's worth more to Liverpool than that.

Bad Collin
January 27th, 2011, 7:36 PM
Fucking hell, I would have bitten their hand off.

Ozanne
January 27th, 2011, 7:43 PM
Fucking hell, I would have bitten their hand off.

Really?

We would be stupid to let him go. We need to make sure our top players stay. It's the only way we are gonna get back anywhere near the top 4.

turdpower
January 27th, 2011, 7:45 PM
Has Roman suddenly found a spare bank account which he doesn't need?

Andy
January 27th, 2011, 7:46 PM
Will Torres be happy to stay at Liverpool win no CL football for a couple of years? I'd be very tempted to take 40-50m and improve the squad.

Ozanne
January 27th, 2011, 7:49 PM
Will Torres be happy to stay at Liverpool win no CL football for a couple of years? I'd be very tempted to take 40-50m and improve the squad.

I genuinely get the impression that he loves the club, the fans and some of the key members of the squad. If he can see we are going for the likes of Suarez as well then there would be hope that we can get back to near where we were. Could possibly lead him to stay for a bit longer.

Bad Collin
January 27th, 2011, 7:51 PM
Yeah, just that Andy. I bloody love Nando but he is very injury prone. What if he gets another knock and his performance levels drop again?

With 40 million we could buy three or four players to really build the team around.

It's a good sign that we turned it down though, it shows that NESV aren't desperate for funds and that presumably Nando is happy where he is.

Keano's Magic Hat
January 27th, 2011, 7:55 PM
Yeah, just that Andy. I bloody love Nando but he is very injury prone. What if he gets another knock and his performance levels drop again?

With 40 million we could buy three or four players to really build the team around.

It's a good sign that we turned it down though, it shows that NESV aren't desperate for funds and that presumably Nando is happy where he is.

Is the problem at Liverpool squad depth or a lack of quality? I was under the impression that it was the latter.

40m scattered about on 3 or 4 players, unless the signings are very shrewd indeed, isn't going to change that.

Bad Collin
January 27th, 2011, 7:59 PM
It's both, we have perhaps nine players who are good enough and obviously any side chasing the CL places need at least 15. Just look at our bench. We could get two CL quality attacking players and a midfield rock for that money.

Bad Collin
January 27th, 2011, 8:01 PM
Having thought about this a bit more, I think this is a very important statement of intent from NESV. Selling the teams best player for anything short of a world record fee would not be popular without a couple of players coming in very quickly.

Ozanne
January 27th, 2011, 8:06 PM
Plus it's the case of selling to another English side. We would be stupid to do that.

El Capitano Gatisto
January 27th, 2011, 8:09 PM
It would be absolutely insane to sell him now for anything less than an astronomical amount. Maybe in the summer, if he doesn't push on in his form.

Chris Scott
January 27th, 2011, 8:10 PM
Is the problem at Liverpool squad depth or a lack of quality? I was under the impression that it was the latter.

40m scattered about on 3 or 4 players, unless the signings are very shrewd indeed, isn't going to change that.

Exactly.

Chris Scott
January 27th, 2011, 8:11 PM
Not going to happen. He's rejuvenated under Kenny, playing the best football he's played in months, why would he uproot his family to move down south?

I'm aware this may come back to bite me on the arse, but I'm confident that when Nando eventually leaves, it'll be to go to Italy or back home. I don't think he'll play for another club in this country. The lad has too much class.

Frigging glad Roy's not still in charge though, he'd have probably driven him down to Stamford Bridge himself and come back with Zamora.

Keano's Magic Hat
January 27th, 2011, 8:14 PM
Why can't Chelsea bid for Rooney? :mad:

Bad Collin
January 27th, 2011, 8:16 PM
Not going to happen. He's rejuvenated under Kenny, playing the best football he's played in months, why would he uproot his family to move down south?

I'm aware this may come back to bite me on the arse, but I'm confident that when Nando eventually leaves, it'll be to go to Italy or back home. I don't think he'll play for another club in this country. The lad has too much class.

Frigging glad Roy's not still in charge though, he'd have probably driven him down to Stamford Bridge himself and come back with Zamora.

Zamora and Carlton Cole.

Do you think we could dress Lucas up as Nando and trick Carlo into taking him instead?

Chris Scott
January 27th, 2011, 8:17 PM
Why can't Chelsea bid for Rooney? :mad:

Cos it ain't that good :dunno:

Chris Scott
January 27th, 2011, 8:18 PM
Zamora and Carlton Cole.

Do you think we could dress Lucas up as Nando and trick Carlo into taking him instead?

hehe it's worth a try.

Ozanne
January 27th, 2011, 8:19 PM

Exactly, that's what I meant when I said he seems to love Liverpool FC. He won't go to Chelsea.

Bad Collin
January 27th, 2011, 8:22 PM
Chris and Ozanne, how much would Chelsea have to bid for you to accept an offer for Nando?

Chris Scott
January 27th, 2011, 8:23 PM
Exactly, that's what I meant when I said he seems to love Liverpool FC. He won't go to Chelsea.

:yes:

We need new players and fast. The price Ajax have set is fair, so the excuse of being priced out is not there.

We don't have a good hand in this poker game, Chelsea have just offered 40 million for Fernando Torres. These are the teams we are going to have to beat if we are serious about reaching the top again. Yet we aren't willing to pay 20 million for a quality player? Big wake up call this.

Chris Scott
January 27th, 2011, 8:26 PM
Chris and Ozanne, how much would Chelsea have to bid for you to accept an offer for Nando?

In today's transfer market I wouldn't mind if we accepted a bid between 50 million - 55 million

Ozanne
January 28th, 2011, 3:22 AM

Nothing. He's not for sale. As I said we shouldn't be selling one of our few remaining world class players, especially to another English side. Him, Gerrard and Reina, shouldn't be for sale.

Bennedy
January 28th, 2011, 3:52 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't pay 40m for Torres. We would probably get him and he would either get injured or just end up being shit.

We need a striker though.

Chris Scott
January 28th, 2011, 5:10 AM
Ngog is available.

Beefy
January 28th, 2011, 6:01 AM

Why do you think that he won't play for another Clkub than Liverpool in this country but will play for another club than Atletico Madrid in Spain?

Atletico is his Club, not Liverpool.

Also, for someone who supposedly loves the Club so much, he's spent an awful long time this season mopping around the pitch not giving a fuck.

RFF Champ
January 28th, 2011, 6:35 AM
SSN are reporting the first bid was 28mil plus a player and the second was 35mil.

El Capitano Gatisto
January 28th, 2011, 6:39 AM
Why do you think that he won't play for another Clkub than Liverpool in this country but will play for another club than Atletico Madrid in Spain?

Also, for someone who supposedly loves the Club so much, he's spent an awful long time this season mopping around the pitch not giving a fuck.

I think he's half-right. I think Torres will stay at Liverpool for as long as possible if they can improve and get back towards the top of the table but he will leave for the sake of his career.

Remember Liverpool were the club he wanted to go to. Alex Ferguson has confirmed in the past that they basically bid for Torres every summer from the age of 17 but when Atletico were ready to let him go, he went to Liverpool. He would never play for Real Madrid, but would go to Barcelona if they had the money. Similarly I don't he would go to Man Utd, but would go to Chelsea.

I also think it's wrong to say he didn't give a fuck. He quite clearly did.

Chris Scott
January 28th, 2011, 7:49 AM

I just think he'd rather play in Italy or Spain ahead if another English team. I could also say because of the special bond he has with the fans, yes Fowler went to Leeds but he was forced out and never wanted to leave and hardly had a say.

Bad Collin
January 28th, 2011, 7:53 AM
He did give a fuck but he was exhausted in the summer and he came back to play as a lone striker with no support. That is hard work.

Andy
January 28th, 2011, 7:55 AM
He's requested to be allowed to speak to Chelsea, according to various reports.

Bad Collin
January 28th, 2011, 8:01 AM
Such as?

Chris Scott
January 28th, 2011, 8:03 AM
Yeah link Andy?

Gary J
January 28th, 2011, 8:03 AM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6706297,00.html

Bad Collin
January 28th, 2011, 8:16 AM
Sounds like lazy journalism to me. If it were true, it would change everything however.

JIJ
January 28th, 2011, 8:17 AM
:lol:

Liverpool are such a joke.

Simon
January 28th, 2011, 8:17 AM
Haaaaaaa come on Nando, good lad. Fuck off Liverpool.

Bad Collin
January 28th, 2011, 8:18 AM
Torres joining Chelsea would be a disaster for Spurs.

Simon
January 28th, 2011, 8:19 AM
Not really.

JIJ
January 28th, 2011, 8:23 AM
Torres joining Chelsea would be a disaster for Spurs.

ahahaha OK then :lol:

The Rosk
January 28th, 2011, 8:33 AM
Fucking hell this is so shit for both clubs. Chelsea are fucking ridiculous for offering that much for him and Liverpool now look like a feeder club. Fucking hell.

Bad Collin
January 28th, 2011, 8:38 AM
Feeder club? :lol: Are Manchester United a feeder club as well?

Chris Scott
January 28th, 2011, 8:43 AM
1. Torres has seen that the Suarez deal may be faltering and this is a shot across the bow for the owners to get them to get it done.

2. Torres has seen the potential Suarez deal getting close to completion and sees it as a chance to finally get out of a place that he's wanted away from for a while, with the potential blow to fans being cushioned by the arrival of Suarez

3. Clearly there has been an offer.

But Sky Sports need a story and this is one that will keep a number of viewers watching for the next 3 days or so. Ballague works for Sky so its not ridiculous that he has said that Torres wants to hear Chelsea out to keep this story alive for SSN. He said that before in the summer as well so its not anything new.

Bad Collin
January 28th, 2011, 8:54 AM
Ballague is always making stuff up.

turdpower
January 28th, 2011, 8:56 AM
1. Torres has seen that the Suarez deal may be faltering and this is a shot across the bow for the owners to get them to get it done.

2. Torres has seen the potential Suarez deal getting close to completion and sees it as a chance to finally get out of a place that he's wanted away from for a while, with the potential blow to fans being cushioned by the arrival of Suarez

Or he wants a chance at winning some trophies...

Bad Collin
January 28th, 2011, 9:03 AM
Europa league Turdpower, Europa league... :\

Keano's Magic Hat
January 28th, 2011, 9:04 AM
Feeder club? :lol: Are Manchester United a feeder club as well?

The only top player that's actually wanted to leave United was Ronaldo, and that was because his 'dream' was always to play for Madrid. Hardly a feeder club.

turdpower
January 28th, 2011, 9:10 AM
Europa league Turdpower, Europa league... :\

Ones that aren't made out of tin foil...

Bad Collin
January 28th, 2011, 9:10 AM
Footballers 'dreams' come and go when the money suits KMH. According to THE ROSK, you are a feeder club.

turdpower
January 28th, 2011, 9:12 AM
We've never had 3 of our top players REQUEST to leave in this short space of time...

Chris Scott
January 28th, 2011, 9:12 AM
Or he wants a chance at winning some trophies...

Why has he stayed at your RFF team then?

Bad Collin
January 28th, 2011, 9:14 AM
We've never had 3 of our top players REQUEST to leave in this short space of time...

No, perhaps you would if you dropped out of the top four though.

The Rosk
January 28th, 2011, 9:16 AM
Have the feeder club said anything directly yet?

turdpower
January 28th, 2011, 9:17 AM
You finished second, you're best finish since 2002, when Alonso left.

Keano's Magic Hat
January 28th, 2011, 9:17 AM
Footballers 'dreams' come and go when the money suits KMH. According to THE ROSK, you are a feeder club.

Rosk is a bitter man.

I'm not doubting that his opinion is true for the majority of players, but it isn't always the case. Berbatov joined United despite being offered a contract worth twice as much from Manchester City. Why? Because it was his dream to put on the red shirt.

-------------------

"I don't play for the money," he told the club's official website.

"Those who know me; my really close friends, know that I play for enjoyment and to entertain the fans.

"If I want to play for the money, I will accept the Manchester City offer or Chelsea

"But the red shirt is a really big thing for me. I want to play for the biggest club in the world. That is why I am here.

---------------------

There are countless other examples, too. Newcastle were offering Rooney a bigger wage than Manchester United. Giggs would have earned a lot more at Inter. Solskjaer would have doubled his wage at Spurs.. these are just from my club.

Rosk is quite cynical to think that all players are in for the money and nothing else. There's only so much money you need, anyway. In fact, you'll see that it's the players who are yet to have their first big contract who'll push hardest for a transfer to a money club. The top players have been there and done that.

The Rosk
January 28th, 2011, 9:19 AM
You mentioned Rooney in that post just there. Quite laughable considering he whinged his way to getting a ridiculous amount of money from the "dream club" less than six months ago. Don't make me laugh mate. It's a job.

Simon
January 28th, 2011, 9:21 AM
United and Liverpool are feeder clubs of sorts. Pretty much everyone is except a select few. In recent years most of Liverpool's big name players have ended up demanding moves to bigger clubs. Ronaldo, Mascherano, Alonso...there's not really any shame in it. A lot of the best players in the world are Europeans that have 'come through' in England and then want to make the move to one of the 'dream' clubs i.e. Barcelona or Real Madrid. It's not even an issue with United/Liverpool vs Real Madrid/Barcelona really, it's more of an England vs mainland Europe issue.

Keano's Magic Hat
January 28th, 2011, 9:23 AM
You mentioned Rooney in that post just there. Quite laughable considering he whinged his way to getting a ridiculous amount of money from the "dream club" less than six months ago. Don't make me laugh mate. It's a job.

Rooney had a choice between United and Newcastle and chose the club he thought had a better chance at winning trophies with.

His loyalty goes no further than that. At the time he requested the transfer a lot of morons (i.e, you) thought that City were in a better position to challenge than United.

He is a scouse cunt with no real loyalty to United, to say that he only plays for the money is bullshit, though. He would have fucked off to City regardless of what United offered him if that were the case. City could and would pay him thrice as much as he'll ever earn at United.

The Rosk
January 28th, 2011, 9:25 AM
I believe you've put words in my mouth there Kimmie. It's a job mate. If some company that might be a flash in the pan offered you triple your wages, but an established company offered you double your wages, you still wouldn't give one fuck about the company you were at.

United bent over for him. Admit it.

The Rosk
January 28th, 2011, 9:27 AM
I mean it was literally like Ferguson pretended to play the big man for the press then just pulled his old man trousers down and pointed Wayne the way to fuck him up the arse. The fact that Rooney has been dogshit ever since is quite funny too, he's taking the piss out of your club. Bad example.

Winkle van Tinkle
January 28th, 2011, 9:29 AM
Torres will go :shifty:

Star fruit surf rider
January 28th, 2011, 9:31 AM
Sounds like lazy journalism to me. If it were true, it would change everything however.
Everything?

Keano's Magic Hat
January 28th, 2011, 9:33 AM
I believe you've put words in my mouth there Kimmie. It's a job mate. If some company that might be a flash in the pan offered you triple your wages, but an established company offered you double your wages, you still wouldn't give one fuck about the company you were at.

I mean it was literally like Ferguson pretended to play the big man for the press then just pulled his old man trousers down and pointed Wayne the way to fuck him up the arse. The fact that Rooney has been dogshit ever since is quite funny too, he's taking the piss out of your club. Bad example.

Rooney is on an absolute maximum of 120,000 a week at United. You can read the Sun and quote the 160,000 figure but I'm telling you that including bonuses it's 120,000. He signed the contract that was offered to him in the first place.

Carlos Tevez is on about 250,000 a week at City. Yaya Toure is on 180,000.

If Rooney was a real mercenary then he would have joined City regardless. Nobody forced him to stay at United. He could have waited 'til the Summer and tripled his wage quite easily. If money is the be all and end all, why did he stay?

The Rosk
January 28th, 2011, 9:33 AM
I don't read The Sun.

1_Pablo_Angel
January 28th, 2011, 9:34 AM
Footballers priorities in the main come down to money and professional aspiration. The balance between these varies from player to player.

Very few show loyalty in a traditional sense, i.e. love of a club, an area or it's fans. There is still the odd exception though.

Winkle van Tinkle
January 28th, 2011, 9:35 AM
How do you know this KMH?

Actually, I think the mob of people at his house all crying, with big sticks and knives probably helped sway him too. He doesn't owe you anything to be fair.

As for Torres, if he actually wanted to leave Liverpool it would surely be evident in his body language & form over the course of the season.... :squint:

Keano's Magic Hat
January 28th, 2011, 9:36 AM
I don't read The Sun.

Answer the question.

Star fruit surf rider
January 28th, 2011, 9:36 AM

United have still not lost a match and are top of the table. Obviously going against your whole argument of the time.

Would that have happened if Rooney was sold? We will never know but I suspect it would have caused some unrest with fans and the dressing room.

Is bending over for one player worth winning the title for? I would say so.

Keano's Magic Hat
January 28th, 2011, 9:37 AM
Footballers priorities in the main come down to money and professional aspiration. The balance between these varies from player to player.

Exactly.

Simon
January 28th, 2011, 9:39 AM
KMH what is your proof that he is on 120k? All the papers were in agreement that he had got a huge pay increase, they don't tend to all agree and then turn out to be wrong. There's no way he would have agreed to a wage as 'low' as 120k.

Winkle van Tinkle
January 28th, 2011, 9:40 AM
DON'T QUESTION HIM!!!

The Rosk
January 28th, 2011, 9:43 AM
Answer the question.

Why should I when you're backing yourself up with seemingly baseless proof. Are you denying he didn't say he wanted off because of money? What were the reasons??????

United have still not lost a match and are top of the table. Obviously going against your whole argument of the time.

Would that have happened if Rooney was sold? We will never know but I suspect it would have caused some unrest with fans and the dressing room.

Is bending over for one player worth winning the title for? I would say so.

I love the way you can't let something go when at the time it was a completely correct way to look at the situation. For someone who hates "potential" arguments you sure have quite a few in your locker.

Keano's Magic Hat
January 28th, 2011, 9:43 AM
KMH what is your proof that he is on 120k? All the papers were in agreement that he had got a huge pay increase, they don't tend to all agree and then turn out to be wrong. There's no way he would have agreed to a wage as 'low' as 120k.

One of my best mates is quite high up in IMUSA. Let's just say that they have their links inside Old Trafford. I'd certainly take his word over some journalist who is going on pure speculation.

Keano's Magic Hat
January 28th, 2011, 9:44 AM
Why should I when you're backing yourself up with seemingly baseless proof. Are you denying he didn't say he wanted off because of money? What were the reasons??????

Alright, let's go with the fattest figure you can find from the papers. Fuck it, let's pretend Rooney is on 200,000.

Why did he stay at United when he knows that City could have offered him 300,000 quite easily. Why?

Simon
January 28th, 2011, 9:45 AM
Alright, find the fattest figure you can find from the papers. Fuck it, let's pretend Rooney is on 200,000.

Why did he stay at United when he knows that City could have offered him 300,000 quite easily. Why?

Because he wanted to stay at United but wanted a bigger pay packet. Which, if true, worked perfectly. Why would he sign a new contract on such comparitively small wages for a player of his standing?

Star fruit surf rider
January 28th, 2011, 9:49 AM

I love the way you can't let something go when at the time it was a completely correct way to look at the situation. For someone who hates "potential" arguments you sure have quite a few in your locker.
Obviously you don't want it brought up as with every passing week they remain undefeated and top of the league it makes it an even more ridiculous call.

So hang on now, it was the correct call because Rooney might have been leaving? That was what was happening "at the time". But you have also said that Rooney has been shit ever since.

So how can you be correct?

ps I'm not bringing it up out of nowhere am I, it is relevent to this discussion.

Keano's Magic Hat
January 28th, 2011, 9:51 AM
Because he wanted to stay at United but wanted a bigger pay packet. Which, if true, worked perfectly. Why would he sign a new contract on such comparitively small wages for a player of his standing?

He is the highest paid player at the club. Even Ronaldo wasn't earning that much.

Rooney signed the contract the day after he requested a transfer. The contract he signed was the one that was offered to him first in April.

Anyway, my whole point is that though everybody wants to be earning as much money as possible, it isn't always the clincher when it comes to what club a player is at. The fact that he is still at United despite City being in a position to offer him a lot more money is proof of that.

Keano's Magic Hat
January 28th, 2011, 9:54 AM
FAO: Rosk, earlier today you said

' If some company that might be a flash in the pan offered you triple your wages, but an established company offered you double your wages, you still wouldn't give one fuck about the company you were at. '

Why is Rooney still at United, then?

The Rosk
January 28th, 2011, 9:55 AM
Obviously you don't want it brought up as with every passing week they remain undefeated and top of the league it makes it an even more ridiculous call.

So hang on now, it was the correct call because Rooney might have been leaving? That was what was happening "at the time". But you have also said that Rooney has been shit ever since.

So how can you be correct?

It's flogging a pointless dead horse and you are the only one bringing it up. I'm not quite sure why, when I even stated at the time several times that I wasn't saying they wouldn't win the League. I even offered a bet for anyone who wanted to take that on and not a single person took me up, so it's easy to say shit in retrospect.

The Rosk
January 28th, 2011, 9:56 AM
FAO: Rosk, earlier today you said

' If some company that might be a flash in the pan offered you triple your wages, but an established company offered you double your wages, you still wouldn't give one fuck about the company you were at. '

Why is Rooney still at United, then?

Because United are one of the biggest clubs in the world who bent over for him to fuck them up the shitter and laugh while he was doing it. I bet he couldn't believe it when Fergie meekly handed him the contract.

Keano's Magic Hat
January 28th, 2011, 9:57 AM
Because United are one of the biggest clubs in the world who bent over for him to fuck them up the shitter and laugh while he was doing it. I bet he couldn't believe it when Fergie meekly handed him the contract.

But he is earning less at United then he would have at City, correct? So your earlier comment was wrong. Well done.

EDIT: Also, only one person came out of this looking like a mug and it was Rooney. 'ooh, I want to leave'.. 'oh, hang on, I'll stay actually'

The Rosk
January 28th, 2011, 9:59 AM
You are putting words in my mouth KMH. Not for the first time. You are attributing to Rooney a random sentence I said.

The Rosk
January 28th, 2011, 10:00 AM
In fact City could very well be that flash in the pan club in that instance. If United didn't bend over like gobbling little sluts desperate to hold on to their players for city pride, Rooney would have gone. But they did and the rest is rather average history.

Star fruit surf rider
It's flogging a pointless dead horse and you are the only one bringing it up. I'm not quite sure why, when I even stated at the time several times that I wasn't saying they wouldn't win the League. I even offered a bet for anyone who wanted to take that on and not a single person took me up, so it's easy to say shit in retrospect.
I've just edited that last post but I'll say it here too.... You can try all you like to deflect attention and make out that I am bringing it up for the sake of it but it is relevent to this discussion.

If Rooney has been shit ever since and his potential leaving was the catalyst for their potential decline, then how come they have been top of the table pretty much most the season and remain unbeaten?

You know I'm not going to trawl previous posts but Simon has pulled you up before for lying about things you said in that discussion. You contradicted and backtracked so much I don't even know what you think anymore.

Rather than insinuate I am baiting why don't you just answer the question? (see above for question, see also my previous post for same question).

Keano's Magic Hat
You are putting words in my mouth KMH. Not for the first time. You are attributing to Rooney a random sentence I said.

Ahh, here we go again.

Get fucked

Winkle van Tinkle
January 28th, 2011, 10:01 AM
I know for a fact that most players who have a deal with Nike, Adidas etc earn more if their team plays in their brand. Moving to City would have cost him money on that front.

Plus he probably has image rights, and United are a bigger team worldwide. So when you add on all the add-ons, the difference between 200k and 300k isn't that great.

Plus at City he would have it all to do again and actually earn his money. As it is, he's pissing about at United and his name still gets chanted with every cheeky lob from 20 yards that he puts a yard over the bar.

Keano's Magic Hat
January 28th, 2011, 10:03 AM
In fact City could very well be that flash in the pan club in that instance. If United didn't bend over like gobbling little sluts desperate to hold on to their players for city pride, Rooney would have gone. But they did and the rest is rather average history.

How did United bend over, you giant cock?

He signed the contract that had been offered to him in the first place. He requested a transfer and then went back on it like a knob. He made a fool of himself.

Our argument earlier this year has made you go somewhat crazy. I first saw signs of it when United pulled back to 2-2 at Villa Park. You genuinely hate United with a passion because you made a fool out of yourself on an internet forum

ffs, get a grip

Winkle van Tinkle
January 28th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Why is no-one other than you reporting this KMH? Are they all ABU???

Mental

The Rosk
January 28th, 2011, 10:07 AM
I don't understand how KMH hasn't told everyone about the tiny contract Rooney has signed a day after posturing.

Keano's Magic Hat
January 28th, 2011, 10:12 AM
I don't understand how KMH hasn't told everyone about the tiny contract Rooney has signed a day after posturing.

Again, 120,000 a week is more than any British club, barring City and Chelsea, are paying a player.

The press print these mad figures because they can. Wasn't it widely reported that John O'Shea is on 80,000 a week? Does anybody honestly believe that? Fuck sake.

Winkle van Tinkle
January 28th, 2011, 10:12 AM
He's on 9 p/h isn't he?

Bad Collin
January 28th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Gibson is on 90,000 a week.

Winkle van Tinkle
January 28th, 2011, 10:14 AM
After win bonuses, end of season bonuses, signing on fees, appearence fees, etc, I wouldn't be surprised if he's not far off the equilvalent of 80k a week.

Winkle van Tinkle
January 28th, 2011, 10:17 AM
A player like O'Shea at United would get about 1m-2m to renew a contract as a signing on fee. That's a fact. Split that over 4 years and that's 20k a week just from that.

The Rosk
January 28th, 2011, 10:27 AM
I've just edited that last post but I'll say it here too.... You can try all you like to deflect attention and make out that I am bringing it up for the sake of it but it is relevent to this discussion.

If Rooney has been shit ever since and his potential leaving was the catalyst for their potential decline, then how come they have been top of the table pretty much most the season and remain unbeaten?

You know I'm not going to trawl previous posts but Simon has pulled you up before for lying about things you said in that discussion. You contradicted and backtracked so much I don't even know what you think anymore.

Rather than insinuate I am baiting why don't you just answer the question? (see above for question, see also my previous post for same question).

No I didn't. You seem really dense at times. I said a hypothetical situation and everyone went more nuts than your trolling has ever made anyone go nuts on here. I think that's why you keep bringing it up. It was effortless.

Chelsea underperforming ridiculously has helped the at-best-decent United side to be so far ahead.

This idea that I hate United is ridiculous. I like them more than any other team in the Top 4(5) aside from Arsenal.

RFF Champ
January 28th, 2011, 10:27 AM
In more important news, Mark Hughes has confirmed that Paul Konchesky won't be going to Fulham this month.

He also said that he doesn't want Kranjcar because he's a midfielder and they have enough. Then going onto say that they expressed an interest in SWP but it's not going to happen in this window. Bit of a contradiction but whatever.

The Rosk
January 28th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Seriously SFSR you need to let it go mate. You really do. It was a point which United haven't faced for a while. They bent over and they got fucked by Rooney for money and they've done well. They will still have to replace Giggs, Scholes, VDS etc but it looks a lot more likely they will do alright. I never said they wouldn't.

Bennedy
January 28th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Surely Niko is a much better player than any other midfielder Fulham have?

RFF Champ
January 28th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Also, Boro are in for Xisco.

Pardew admitted to touting him round to a few Spanish clubs but there was no interest and said that if we couldn't get shot then they'd help him get back in our first team.

All in all, very strange situation. 6mil we paid for goodness sake.

Keano's Magic Hat
January 28th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Seriously SFSR you need to let it go mate. You really do. It was a point which United haven't faced for a while. They bent over and they got fucked by Rooney for money and they've done well. They will still have to replace Giggs, Scholes, VDS etc but it looks a lot more likely they will do alright. I never said they wouldn't.

Explain to me how United got fucked by Rooney?

Only one party came out of it looking good, and it certainly wasn't that scouse bastard.

RFF Champ
January 28th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Surely Niko is a much better player than any other midfielder Fulham have?

Probably but I guess the money just isn't the money there for another midfielder. They already have Davies, Dempsey, Duff and Gera on wings as well as Kakuta in on loan.