PDA

View Full Version : The Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

Torn
January 4th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Is he the one who took Coventry apart a few weeks ago?

Yeah, he was monstrous in that game.

The Rosk
January 4th, 2011, 1:00 PM
It would be for free at the end of the season and it gets 6 months of wages off our hands. He did one good thing ever, a goal against Everton after 1.5 seconds. Arsehole.

Simon
January 4th, 2011, 2:52 PM
Yeah but just on principle. £250k.

Alf
January 4th, 2011, 3:36 PM
Dzeko to city looks done then. Feck. I hope he doesn't turn out to be mega and win them the title.

Gary J
January 4th, 2011, 3:59 PM
He didn't look that good against Fulham in the Europa last year.

McBain
January 4th, 2011, 4:00 PM
Fuck off Sidders you ginger tosser.

Absolute joke of a footballer.

El Capitano Gatisto
January 5th, 2011, 8:55 AM
He didn't look that good against Fulham in the Europa last year.

He looked pretty good against Manchester United the year before.

Andy
January 5th, 2011, 2:28 PM
Keane to Birmingham for £7m looks to be nearly done then. Seems an awful lot of money when he's nearly 31. A Keane and Hleb could be fantastic though.

RFF Champ
January 5th, 2011, 4:02 PM
Sidwell is in the stands at Molineux tonight according to Greg Halford's twitter.

El Capitano Gatisto
January 5th, 2011, 8:33 PM
Keane to Birmingham for £7m looks to be nearly done then. Seems an awful lot of money when he's nearly 31. A Keane and Hleb could be fantastic though.

Will be cheap if he scores a few goals for them. Their strikers can't hit a fucking barn door, established Premier League goalscorers are vital for teams like that.

Hopefully it gets him sharp again for the 2012 qualifiers, Robbie Keane is a confidence player and in his last few games he has had close to zero confidence.

Hlebsfall
January 5th, 2011, 8:35 PM
It's OK, you've got Leon Best now to join the coffee coloured Irish army.

El Capitano Gatisto
January 5th, 2011, 8:46 PM
A black Gary Doherty.

Star fruit surf rider
January 6th, 2011, 6:12 AM
How long as Leon Best been Irish?

son_of_foley
January 6th, 2011, 6:21 AM
Longer than Lee Camps been Northern Irish.

Star fruit surf rider
January 6th, 2011, 6:24 AM
Lee Camp isnt officially Northern Irish yet he hasnt had his papers through so as it stands he is still English.

son_of_foley
January 6th, 2011, 7:09 AM
I hear it's done now actually and he just missed the morocco game. Should be called up to the next competitive squad.

RFF Champ
January 6th, 2011, 9:41 AM
Sidwell to Wolves looks on then. Apparently his move to West Ham fell through because Behrami isn't going to Roma. Wolves must be trying to collect old set of Reading players. Bobby Convey next.

Fredrik Stoor is having a medical at Vålerenga too. That signing certainly didn't work out for Hodgson. I'm suprised he didn't make his move to Derby permanent.

Simon
January 6th, 2011, 9:43 AM
We had a deal in place to sign Bobby Convey a few years ago but he didn't get a work permit.

son_of_foley
January 6th, 2011, 9:55 AM
Leicester are looking at Stoor too. We were interested in him but his wages were high and he thought he might try and get back in that fulham team. Good player at Championship level at least

Star fruit surf rider
January 6th, 2011, 9:56 AM
We have bid for that Hammill from Barnsley appaz.

Keano's Magic Hat
January 6th, 2011, 10:05 AM
According to the Madrid paper 'Marca', Lassana Diarra has asked to leave the club following interest from Manchester United.

I bloody hope not. You have to question why a 25 year old player has been shipped out of three top sides, and only ever been a success in a shite Portsmouth side.

I really hope we recall Cleverley. The English Iniesta :shocked:

Alf
January 6th, 2011, 7:37 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11675_6638828,00.html

Well, chalk one up for the ITK.

Rosky, I'm looking forward to your appraisal. I hope he does well for you.

Alf
January 7th, 2011, 6:54 AM
Seems were are serious about Suarez. Appaz Levy wants to make it happy but Harry doesn't.

He's cup tied for the CL though so that's not great.

Alf
January 7th, 2011, 7:18 AM
And Harry has just been on Talksport saying Becks is coming.

Interesting.

RFF Champ
January 7th, 2011, 7:21 AM
2 month loan to be tied up this weekend. Just said it on SSN. He should be in the stands for the game on saturday.

RFF Champ
January 7th, 2011, 7:25 AM
Also, Andy Carroll is in Dubai for a rest (what??) so I guess that rules him out of going to Spurs for the next week at least. We want him fit for the Sunderland game.

Some fans on our forum keep nonchalantly mentioning that Routledge is Spurs-bound. Surely not, he's rubbish. Just in passing like 'Maybe Xisco will play at the weekend. Obviously Routledge won't play cos he's off to Spurs'.

Simon
January 7th, 2011, 7:37 AM
Not heard anything about Routledge coming to us. Very odd link, he's far worse than what we've already got in that position.

Still better than Ashley Young though.

Winkle van Tinkle
January 7th, 2011, 9:13 AM
Be interesting to see the agents of all the top Spurs players all knocking on Levy's door once Beckham blows the lid off the wage cap.

Keano's Magic Hat
January 7th, 2011, 9:23 AM
Routledge to Liverpool is what I'm hearing. Awful signing, but definitely one I can see Roy Hodgson making.

Bad Collin
January 7th, 2011, 9:26 AM
Fucking hell no! Get that man out before he can sign the cheque.

RFF Champ
January 7th, 2011, 9:30 AM
I doubt Routledge will leave. Our squad isn't big enough to let him go and he wouldn't command much of a fee. Plus he's pap.

Alf
January 7th, 2011, 9:34 AM
Be interesting to see the agents of all the top Spurs players all knocking on Levy's door once Beckham blows the lid off the wage cap.

What makes you think we'd be paying him megabucks?

El Capitano Gatisto
January 7th, 2011, 9:45 AM
You reckon LA Galaxy will he happy paying his wages while he's off not playing for them again?

son_of_foley
January 7th, 2011, 9:51 AM
Daniel Levvy is so good at negotiating they are being paid money to have him. Ben says it's in the region of 4m

Keano's Magic Hat
January 7th, 2011, 9:52 AM
As much as I love Beckham he is undoubtedly a bullshitter. A very media savvy one, too.

I may be cynical, but I believe that almost every decision he makes is only ever to enhance the Beckham brand image. Even (or especially) football decisions.

His finest moment was when Ferguson lobbed a boot at his perfectly sculpted head.

El Capitano Gatisto
January 7th, 2011, 10:03 AM
The combination of Beckham knowing exactly what he is worth and LA Galaxy being sorely fed-up of being treated like shit by him means that Spurs are most likely paying a decent fee to LA Galaxy and probably paying Beckham's wages. There's no benefit to Galaxy letting him go having seen what has happened the last couple of times.

Spurs know they'll generate a media circus with him there so they'll make a bit of cash out of it too. I don't think he'll bring anything to the team at all at that age, given he hasn't played in the Premier League for years now.

Alf
January 7th, 2011, 10:03 AM
You reckon LA Galaxy will he happy paying his wages while he's off not playing for them again?

Again, what makes you think we are paying him mega bucks?

I can't see us paying him shit loads of money for a loan signing that, to be fair, might be over the hill.

Like KMH said, this is about brand Beckham.

Beefy
January 7th, 2011, 10:16 AM
It's pretty apparent from what Galaxy have been saying that any loan will be on their terms. That said, I doubt Spurs are paying much for him when he's unlikely to be a starter. I'd have thought it more likely that Beckham is foregoing is Galaxy salary for the two months.

El Capitano Gatisto
January 7th, 2011, 10:18 AM
I highly doubt that. Beckham has a management TEAM behind him, practically an industry. There's no way he's going to Spurs and taking a hit on his income. There's no reason for him to do that. Spurs must think they can get something out of the deal, but they'll be paying a fee and his wages.

Beefy
January 7th, 2011, 10:20 AM
I highly doubt that. Beckham has a management TEAM behind him, practically an industry. There's no way he's going to Spurs and taking a hit on his income. There's no reason for him to do that. Spurs must think they can get something out of the deal, but they'll be paying a fee and his wages.

They'll be paying a fee and some of his wages. There's nothing in it for them to be paying the type of money he was rumoured to be on, though.

You don't think there's anything in it for Beckham to have a fairwell tour of the Premier League with a title-chasing team? Seems like the sort of opportunity he'd pay for, let alone get paid for.

No-one paid Beckham to train with Arsenal. No one paid Beckham to travel across the globe in order to sit on the bench for England or try to nail the 2018 World Cup. I doubt he'll be on big money to train with Spurs and sit on their bench.

El Capitano Gatisto
January 7th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Maybe if I had the same opinion of Beckham as you do, I would agree. But I don't. He's been a total prick to LA Galaxy and lied his way through his time there, from the moment he signed. Like I say, Beckham is a brand with an entire industry built around him and an enormous management team. His image is quite carefully manipulated to make him look good. If he gave that much of a shit about his football career he would NEVER have signed for an MLS team when he did.

Keano's Magic Hat
January 7th, 2011, 10:27 AM
If he gave that much of a shit about his football career he would NEVER have signed for an MLS team when he did.

That's the truth.

Simon
January 7th, 2011, 10:32 AM
All of this may or may not be true, the only thing I would be confident of is that we won't be paying him anything that would upset the rest of the squad. Daniel Levy is the absolute champ at what he does and is probably more important to the club than any other individual.

Beefy
January 7th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Maybe if I had the same opinion of Beckham as you do, I would agree. But I don't. He's been a total prick to LA Galaxy and lied his way through his time there, from the moment he signed. Like I say, Beckham is a brand with an entire industry built around him and an enormous management team. His image is quite carefully manipulated to make him look good. If he gave that much of a shit about his football career he would NEVER have signed for an MLS team when he did.

I think everyone would agree that going to America was a horrific mistake. But surely, even if you think this is a brand issue instead of a football issue, you see what is it in for him for a two month stint in the most over-publicised league in the World? That's worth way more than a few weeks wages.

El Capitano Gatisto
January 7th, 2011, 10:47 AM
It's worth as much to Spurs too, which is why Beckham will be getting a significant amount of money from them. There is absolutely no way it's a footballing decision because he is a 35 year old who had a very serious injury last season and has barely played any top level football in the previous 3-4 years. Whatever Spurs are paying him is an investment for the couple of months attention it will bring them, same as LA Galaxy thought it would be an investment destroying the whole MLS wage structure and paying him about 100 times the majority of what his teammate's earn.

Beefy
January 7th, 2011, 10:51 AM
But the fact you think it's a great deal for Spurs (or rather the fact that you think that Spurs think it's a great deal for them) again suggests that they aren't shelling out stupid money for him.

Mik
January 7th, 2011, 10:58 AM

Why dont you fuck off mate eh?

El Capitano Gatisto
January 7th, 2011, 10:59 AM
It's only 2 months Beefy. If they pay out Beckham's wages for 2 months, even at the £80,000 a week he's on, it's not an enormous outlay in absolute terms for Spurs. It will be an enormous amount of money in footballing terms for what he brings to the squad and will be way more than any other player in their squad could expect to earn in that time.

Keano's Magic Hat
January 7th, 2011, 11:09 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/06/manchester-united-lassana-diarra-real-madrid

What do you think? Would it improve the side?

If he does sign, it's surely confirmation that Owen Hargreaves is finished :(

Keano's Magic Hat
January 7th, 2011, 11:11 AM
14m seems a bit much

El Capitano Gatisto
January 7th, 2011, 11:13 AM
I think Diarra would be a huge improvement to United's midfield. He's young, very good on the ball, a busy worker, good passer, he's quick, he has Premier League experience. I don't see how United can go far wrong with him. Him and Anderson, on current form, would form the basis of an excellent midfield with a lot of skill, pace and energy.

Although he has been shipped out of some top clubs quickly, it has been because he wants to be on the pitch playing, which isn't a bad thing.

Simon
January 7th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Quality player but mad as a box of frogs. Certainly better than most of the mediocrity you have in midfield right now though.

El Capitano Gatisto
January 7th, 2011, 11:14 AM
I don't think he'll go anyway, I think he's after a new contract.

Simon
January 7th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Na I saw in the press he said he wants the opportunity of playing alongside Darron Gibson and learning a few things from the wizard John O'Shea.

MMH
January 7th, 2011, 1:01 PM
Allegedly we have signed Hammell for 500k from Barnsley.

Decent business if thats the case.

RFF Champ
January 7th, 2011, 1:27 PM
The Birmingham mail are reporting that Bentley is set to sign on loan for Birmingham tomorrow.

Sky Sports reported Fulham are favourites to sign him earlier. Yet we're odds on according to Skybet.

I hope we sign him and soon.

RFF Champ
January 7th, 2011, 2:15 PM
BBC reporting Bentley is off to Birmingham. Sky Sports say it's just a medical away. Fuck off.

Andy
January 7th, 2011, 2:21 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/06/manchester-united-lassana-diarra-real-madrid

What do you think? Would it improve the side?

If he does sign, it's surely confirmation that Owen Hargreaves is finished :(

He's a class player. I still maintain it was Wenger's biggest mistake of his Arsenal career to let him go without a fuss. People have always said he has attitude problems, but I'm not sure I believe that. The only thing he ever said when leaving Chelsea and Arsenal was that he just wanted to play regularly. At Portsmouth he was honest from the start and said he wanted to get regular games to show Europe's top clubs how good he was.

IMO, he's even better than Mascherano given the right role. He has some of the same qualities in that he'll run round like a lunatic if you ask him to, but he also reads the game, has an excellent passing range and can get forward too. He's also the sort of player that could allow a player like Michael Carrick the space to look like a footballer again. Class player, would be a great signing for United.

RFF Champ
January 7th, 2011, 4:45 PM
Sidwell's transfer has to be one of the strangest this season. It seemed clear he was going to West Ham. Then he's seen at Wolves' match with Chelsea and having his medical then all of a sudden he's at Fulham and now it's on their official site he's signed.

Ryan McCarthy
January 7th, 2011, 9:47 PM
That was strange with Sidwell.

All this talk about Alan "Judas" Smith coming back to us makes me sick.

wardy
January 8th, 2011, 12:19 AM
Kenny Miller off to Birmingham. Cheers Eck.

Andy
January 9th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Squillaci has a scan tomorrow on a hamstring injury he picked up in training, making it likely we'll sign a new centre back according to Wenger. So, who will we go for does everyone think? Reignite our interest in Jagielka or Mertesacker? Go for Cahill? Samba even? There's a few centre backs in Germany really catching the eye at the moment, or Mexes is out of contract in the summer.

We're gonna re-sign Sol Campbell aren't we. :(

1_Pablo_Angel
January 10th, 2011, 3:53 AM
Curtis Davies.

RFF Champ
January 10th, 2011, 5:58 AM
Newcastle are in for Bothroyd.

Alf
January 10th, 2011, 8:25 AM
Rumour is that we are trying to hijack Villa's bid for Makoun. Anyone know much about him?

Bad Collin
January 10th, 2011, 8:30 AM
He was ace on PES4.

Alf
January 10th, 2011, 8:30 AM
Is he the one that is a sequel?

The Rosk
January 10th, 2011, 8:49 AM
Rumour is that we are trying to hijack Villa's bid for Makoun. Anyone know much about him?

You don't need a midfielder. Fuck off.

So are you going to let us have Walker at the end of the season? I know it's the other fullback side but he has already done more in one game than Warnock has all season.

Alf
January 10th, 2011, 8:51 AM
How was he Rosky?

I think he's probably going to start working his way into the first team.

The Rosk
January 10th, 2011, 8:55 AM
Good. He's out of contract so I guess it'll be up to him whether he wants to sit on the bench with you or play all the time for us.

Star fruit surf rider
January 10th, 2011, 9:00 AM
Allegedly we have signed Hammell for 500k from Barnsley.

Decent business if thats the case.
Has this actually happened?

As we were sniffing round him at one point. Obviously if it is a straight choice then there is no contest but I like to remain vaguely optimistic.

Beefy
January 10th, 2011, 9:01 AM
Good. He's out of contract so I guess it'll be up to him whether he wants to sit on the bench with you or play all the time for us.

I doubt he's going to want to drop down a division though, mate.

The Rosk
January 10th, 2011, 9:03 AM
Holy shit Beef. Did you just go there?

Alf
January 10th, 2011, 9:06 AM
Is that true Rosk? Where did you hear that?

We don't allow players to run their contract down anymore (since the Sol thing). He would have signed in the summer or been shipped out.

EDIT: Yep, appaz he signed a new deal before going on loan to QPR... and we only signed him 18 months ago and would have been on a longer deal than 2 years.

Simon
January 10th, 2011, 9:55 AM
One day people will stop thinking that Spurs are ever going to make a mess of financial issues. Kyle Walker has probably signed a 60-year contract and then after he dies we will have his soul under contract for eternity. Levy will still be in control because he is a shapeshifting Jew who cannot die.

1_Pablo_Angel
January 10th, 2011, 10:01 AM

Fuck right off :mad:

Simon
January 10th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Hopefully these are all bullying tactics to get Young off Villa. We'll let you have a lend of Walker if you give us Young? No? Alright then if you don't give him to us we're just gonna outbid you on every player you try to buy. Sounds like a joke but City did this to us, we wanted Bellamy when City wanted him, and the rumour was that they said if we didn't leave them a free run at Bellamy they would outbid us for Palacios even though they had no need for him.

Houllier is going to have to click no on "Make transfer bid public" every time he wants to buy someone from now on.

1_Pablo_Angel
January 10th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Walker + 15m for Young. Done.

Simon
January 10th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Daniel Levy effect = Young + £15m for Walker.

El Capitano Gatisto
January 10th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Daniel Levy paid out £17 million for David Bentley. At that rate he'll be paying about £40 million for Ashley Young.

Simon
January 11th, 2011, 6:07 AM
Very quiet window so far, Dzeko aside.

RFF Champ
January 11th, 2011, 4:45 PM
Appaz we're set to sign Ziani in the next couple of days. That'd be a class signing.

Grimario
January 11th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Michael Owen to Newcastle United (Australia)

Someone tell me this is happening....

The Rosk
January 12th, 2011, 4:36 AM
Are we really backing out of signing Makoun because £7 million is too much. Can someone slap me please.

RFF Champ
January 12th, 2011, 4:48 AM
Is Habib Beye going to Wolves?

Why the fuck haven't we put a bid in? I bet they play him at left back.

The Rosk
January 12th, 2011, 4:49 AM
He is shite.

Gary J
January 12th, 2011, 4:52 AM
I remember being gutted when we didn't get him. Ah the glory days.

RFF Champ
January 12th, 2011, 4:55 AM
He is shite.

Better than Stephen Warnock.

The Rosk
January 12th, 2011, 4:59 AM
Better than Stephen Warnock.

So what?

Simon
January 12th, 2011, 7:40 AM
Liverpool have bid for Adam :lol:

Alf
January 12th, 2011, 7:45 AM
Suarez pool bound too APPAZ

The Rosk
January 12th, 2011, 8:09 AM
Are we really bidding for Chris Samba??? Rejected a Sunderland bid for Downing. What the hell must have they offered.

Bad Collin
January 12th, 2011, 8:16 AM
Liverpool have bid for Adam :lol:

Meh. Depends how much we pay for him. Not sure where he would play.

Suarez pool bound too APPAZ

What source is that Alfred?

Andy
January 12th, 2011, 9:17 AM
Adam wouldn't be a bad signing for Liverpool for £3-£4m. He'd fit the 4-2-3-1 system well.

Gary J
January 12th, 2011, 10:05 AM
I don't understand why Simon thinks it's so funny that Liverpool have bid for him after his comments yesterday

That's somewhat true of Blackpool although they can play a bit too, but Adam in particular is a class act. Great technician in midfield and a real leader for them. Is a centre mid what you need?

Beefy
January 12th, 2011, 10:30 AM
@SkySportsLewis:

Director of football Barry Fry has confirmed Peterborough have rejected an 'insulting' bid from Aston Villa for Joe Lewis.

He's no good anyway. Plus I'd have thought Villa were sorted when it came to goalkeepers.

Simon
January 12th, 2011, 10:33 AM
I don't understand why Simon thinks it's so funny that Liverpool have bid for him after his comments yesterday

That is the context of a team like Blackpool. He is a class act for them and he does have good technique. That's a bit different to going to a team that thinks of itself as being among the best in the country. You'll notice I didn't say he would be a great signing for Villa ("is that what you need?") let alone Liverpool.

Star fruit surf rider
January 12th, 2011, 10:38 AM
There is no way that LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB fans would accept a player like Charlie Adam unless he scored a hat trick on his debut or something.

Gary J
January 12th, 2011, 10:42 AM
There is no way that LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB fans would accept a player like Charlie Adam unless he scored a hat trick on his debut or something.

They seemed to accept Gary McAllister.

Chris Scott
January 12th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Meh. Depends how much we pay for him. Not sure where he would play.

"skysports.com understands."

Think this is rubbish to be honest. He's a good player, but the only reason I think he's being linked is cause we're playing them tonight. Sky always seem to put 2 and 2 together and get 5.

If it did happen though, I don't think he's a bad player at all - plus he's only 25 years old and would be peanuts in todays over-inflated market place (around £3m at the most).

He is quite slow but he can certainly pick a pass/hit a free kick and would probably be good if we needed a creative spark off the bench. Would be better than bringing on Christian Poulsen when we are looking towards the bench for a creative player to change the match. And wouldn't cost the earth either.

I think Jonjo Shelvey was a great buy but I think he should be with the reserve squad at the moment. I'd rather turn to Charlie Adam than Jonjo at the moment.

I'd say it would be a good buy if it did happen

Chris Scott
January 12th, 2011, 10:47 AM

Why is that then? Have you not seen how our squad is from previous transfers

Star fruit surf rider
January 12th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Because the general consensous about Hodgson was "this isnt Fulham, this is Liverpool Football Club". So it would be "this isnt Blackpool, this is Liverpool Football Club".

*Obviously when I say LFC fans I don't mean every single one.

Star fruit surf rider
January 12th, 2011, 10:54 AM
They seemed to accept Gary McAllister.
Who had won a league title and spent years in the top flight not just been promoted from the Championship having previously been in Scotland. I see what you are saying but their CVs are not comparable.

Chris Scott
January 12th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Because the general consensous about Hodgson was "this isnt Fulham, this is Liverpool Football Club". So it would be "this isnt Blackpool, this is Liverpool Football Club".

*Obviously when I say LFC fans I don't mean every single one.

I didn't say you wasn't on about every single LFC fan.

So what's about players like Johnson who we got from Pompey, Pennant from Birmingham? There was no fuss made about them when we signed them.

You're just reading way to much into the whole "Hodgson from Fulham" thing.

Gary J
January 12th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Who had won a league title and spent years in the top flight not just been promoted from the Championship having previously been in Scotland. I see what you are saying but their CVs are not comparable.

It was more the fact he was about 37 when they bought him from Coventry (?)

Obviously their CVs are not comparable but i think the signing of Charlie Adam makes more sense to me then the McAllister deal did when it happened.

Star fruit surf rider
January 12th, 2011, 11:29 AM
It was more the fact he was about 37 when they bought him from Coventry (?)

Obviously their CVs are not comparable but i think the signing of Charlie Adam makes more sense to me then the McAllister deal did when it happened.
It probably does but McAllister's game was never about pace and I think his passing quality was known which is obviously what Liverpool was famous for.

Star fruit surf rider
January 12th, 2011, 11:31 AM
I didn't say you wasn't on about every single LFC fan.

So what's about players like Johnson who we got from Pompey, Pennant from Birmingham? There was no fuss made about them when we signed them.

You're just reading way to much into the whole "Hodgson from Fulham" thing.
Because they were England U21 "stars" so any young player should really get the benefit of the doubt which I am sure they did.

MikeHunt
January 12th, 2011, 1:21 PM
It probably does but McAllister's game was never about pace and I think his passing quality was known which is obviously what Liverpool was famous for.

i really hope you aren't thinking the adam has pace.

slowest footballer i have ever seen.

Star fruit surf rider
January 12th, 2011, 1:51 PM
i really hope you aren't thinking the adam has pace.

slowest footballer i have ever seen.
No.

Gary J bringing Gary McAllister into this has confused my point. I can't even remember what my point was anymore.

I'm well aware of Adam seeing as he fucking destroyed us last season in 4 seperate games (possibly a record in one season?).

I just cant see Liverpool fans being overjoyed by it.

McBain
January 12th, 2011, 1:57 PM
They'll lap up everything KING KENNY gives them until they finally get it into their heads that they are a team in terminal decline.

Andy
January 12th, 2011, 2:54 PM
Robbie Savage off to MLS.

Bad Collin
January 12th, 2011, 2:57 PM
Tubbs has broken him.

da_man
January 12th, 2011, 4:14 PM
BRFCS has it on good authority that the much rumoured return of Roque Santa Cruz is now a done deal.

Sources at Ewood Park have confirmed to BRFCS that the deal to bring Roque Santa Cruz is complete. He will join Rovers on a half season loan.

Whilst Rovers have yet to make a formal announcement, we expect it to be confirmed once his medical in complete.

:hyper:

ROCKY! ROCKY! ROCKY!

Mik
January 12th, 2011, 6:02 PM
David Milliband is going to be our new Vice Chairman apparently.

Andy
January 12th, 2011, 7:25 PM
Wenger refused to comment when asked about speculation linking us with Upson.

Christ. :nono:

MMH
January 12th, 2011, 7:59 PM
Looks like Diomerci Mbokami will be rejected for a work permit (even though he supposedly has a Belgian passport)

Great stuff, he will end up at West ham next year then despite not fulfilling any more of the criteria like Victor Obinna did.

Would make more sense if we had tied all this up before fucking Yakubu off to Leicester.

Star fruit surf rider
January 13th, 2011, 5:09 AM
That is a brilliant signing by Leicester by the way.

Say what you want about old Sven but there is no doubting he has good contacts in the game.

son_of_foley
January 13th, 2011, 5:10 AM
The same permit stuff happened with us and Yakubu. He was to be ours originally

Andy
January 13th, 2011, 5:28 AM
God knows how you go about getting a work permit.

We got one for Alex Song because he was "an exceptional talent", yet this new kid Wellington, supposedly one of the most exciting young players in the game, has been rejected.

Simon
January 13th, 2011, 5:31 AM
That really annoys me. Who are this body of suits to say they have a better idea of a young player's talent than Wenger?

Star fruit surf rider
January 13th, 2011, 5:32 AM
We are in the process of getting one for that Robbie Findlay. All gone a bit quiet on that front no idea how long they take. I cant remember us ever having to do this before.

Andy
January 13th, 2011, 5:37 AM
God knows. Supposedly Wenger was ready to loan out JET and Vela and bring Wellington into the first team squad for the rest of the season.

He's gone to Levante which is a little bit surprising, given our youngsters in need of a work permit usually go to the Spanish second division. It should give us a chance to see him play a couple of times on Sky when Levante get battered by Real or Barca.

Gary J
January 13th, 2011, 5:54 AM
Still least you got a permit for Ryo Miyaichi. He's supposed to be just as an exciting prospect.

Andy
January 13th, 2011, 6:03 AM
Yeah he looks exciting, nowhere near ready for the first team or reserves though, according to a few folk. Supposedly off on loan to Holland for the rest of the season.

Simon
January 13th, 2011, 11:29 AM
We've been linked with Wes Brown today. I've always really rated him, he strikes me as one of those Phil Neville types where you don't realise quite how good he is until he moves somewhere smaller and is one of the best players in the side. I've always thought the same of John O'Shea and Darren Fletcher (who is now rated at United anyway).

RFF Champ
January 14th, 2011, 7:55 AM
Looks like Ziani is going to Kayserispor instead. Shame.

MMH
January 14th, 2011, 8:48 AM
Some Everton stuff.

In a weird little deal it seems like we are signing Adam Hammell and loaning him to Blackpool in exchange for getting Charlie Adam on the cheap for like 1.5M or something weird like that. Its all very confusing.

Chris Eagles is supposedly signing for 1.5M.

And we still want Mbokani on loan which I really hope happens.

Oh Pienaar may be off to Munich instead.

Simon
January 14th, 2011, 9:00 AM
BOOOOOOOOOO fuck off, Pienaar is coming to us. Please.

Gary J
January 14th, 2011, 9:23 AM
I thought Pienaar was off to Chelsea ?

McBain
January 14th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Last time I checked this Jean Makoun fella was close to signing if he agrees terms.

We're also being liked with Klose and Van Bommel, both of whom I'd have preferred 3/4 season ago but wouldn't complain if we got them now either. Would add a touch of class in key areas and vital experience.

Doubtful it'll happen still though.

RuneEdge
January 14th, 2011, 1:29 PM
So Bayern Munich's that "major European club"?

1_Pablo_Angel
January 14th, 2011, 4:24 PM
Houllier remains interested in signing the Blackpool midfielder Charlie Adam despite having bids of £2.5m and £3.5m rejected. He said: "We did things the right way. We went to the club and said we were interested in the player.

"But there has not been any official reply except what I read from Ian [Holloway]. Everyone is entitled to say what they want." Holloway rejected the bids as being well short of Blackpool's valuation.

"Will we be back in for him? It is difficult to say at the moment. He knows we want him, probably. But he has got a contract with his club so I can't say more about that."

One player Houllier has ruled out any interest in is the Peterborough goalkeeper Joe Lewis and he is bemused by comments from their director of football, Barry Fry.

He said: "I was in France yesterday. I read something about Joe Lewis and the only Joe Lewis, with no disrespect to the keeper, I knew was the boxer [Joe Louis].

"Unless someone makes a hoax, I can't see anyone from the club making a bid for Joe Lewis who is probably a very good keeper.

"Is Barry Fry talking rubbish? I can tell you that no one at the club or I have put a bid in for him."

Some nice quotes from Houllier. I like Ian Holloway less every time he opens his mouth these days. And as for Barry Fry...

Christopherson
January 14th, 2011, 7:35 PM
Ridiculous comments. How on earth can you not love Holloway jesus man have you no soul.

Andy
January 14th, 2011, 7:59 PM
He's a hypocrite and an annoying twat.

Simon
January 14th, 2011, 8:15 PM
Some nice quotes from Houllier. I like Ian Holloway less every time he opens his mouth these days. And as for Barry Fry...

Holloway did nothing wrong. Maybe if you bid something resembling a reasonable fee he wouldn't have said anything. Why would a Premier League club tolerate a derisory bid for their best player from a team that is lower down the league than them? Just for the record, if you bid £8m for Modric you can expect similarly short shrift.

Andy
January 14th, 2011, 8:20 PM
"They can shove their bid wherever they like it because if they think he is only worth £3.5million they are watching a different game to the one I am.

"If they want to insult me by offering £3.5million then, sorry, they are barking up the wrong tree, they are messing with the wrong dog."

Another piece of potential transfer activity at Bloomfield Road this January has been their pursuit of Bradley Wright-Phillips, Plymouth striker and current top-scorer in League One.

One would think, with Holloway's clear principles about doing business at the right price, Blackpool would've offered his old club a fair market price for BWP.

Their reputed opening bid? £30,000. The deal eventually agreed between Plymouth and Reading? £300,000.

He's just trying to be funny and is apparently unaware of his own incredible hypocrisy this year.

Simon
January 14th, 2011, 8:27 PM
Breaking news: all clubs in trying to get good deals shock. What point are you making? Holloway rejected a low bid for a player and commented on it in order to drive the price up/stop clubs sniffing around, and bid low for a player in order to drive the price down. How does this make him any different to, oh I don't know, every other decent manager ever?

BBF
January 14th, 2011, 8:30 PM
Because he's calling out Villa on it. Its a bit hypocritical like.

Andy
January 14th, 2011, 8:31 PM
That is exactly my point Simon. Everyone does it, not everyone talks about shoving a bid and going on another rant, despite doing EXACTLY the same thing themselves. I just find him incredibly grating now.

Maybe he's done this every week for his whole career and the media only pick up on the ones that are mildly funny, I don't know. I find him irritating and completely insincere. His rant about Rooney was utterly bizarre and hypocritical.

MMH
January 15th, 2011, 2:32 AM
That is exactly my point Simon. Everyone does it, not everyone talks about shoving a bid and going on another rant, despite doing EXACTLY the same thing themselves. I just find him incredibly grating now.

Maybe he's done this every week for his whole career and the media only pick up on the ones that are mildly funny, I don't know. I find him irritating and completely insincere. His rant about Rooney was utterly bizarre and hypocritical.

How was the Rooney stuff hypocritical?

Wenger is a hypocrite too you know? By your rules anyway.

da_man
January 15th, 2011, 4:20 AM
Rovers and Liverpool are apparently fighting it out to sign Steven Warnock.

I know he's a bit of bomb scare at times and The Rosk's favourite hate figure but I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

1_Pablo_Angel
January 15th, 2011, 4:22 AM
Holloway did nothing wrong. Maybe if you bid something resembling a reasonable fee he wouldn't have said anything. Why would a Premier League club tolerate a derisory bid for their best player from a team that is lower down the league than them? Just for the record, if you bid £8m for Modric you can expect similarly short shrift.

:yes:

He used to be quite amusing and came across as a breath of fresh air. Now he seems to believe his own hype and tries to live up to this 'mad entertainer' image (which he always says he hates and is trying to shed).

This alone would be fine but when the central crux of his gimmick is the honest, salt of the earth, downtrodden little guy making a moral stand in the big bad world of football it's a bit rich considering his conduct at Plymouth/Leicester, and the BWP/Charlie Adam thing that Andy already posted.

On Adam, Blackpool paid £500,000 for him 6 months ago. I don't think a bid giving a 700% profit on a player bought less than half a year ago can credibly be termed 'derisory'.

1_Pablo_Angel
January 15th, 2011, 4:23 AM

I know he's a bit of bomb scare at times and The Rosk's favourite hate figure but I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

Maybe he'd sort himself out. He's been really fucking shit for us for 12 months. He's cut out the 'dangerous going forward' part of his game and really upped the hideous mistakes and unnecessary lunges area.

da_man
January 15th, 2011, 4:32 AM
The deal being talked about is some convoluted swap involving Samba going one way in exchange for James Collins, Warnock and writing off £2m of installments you owe us.

These swaps never happen so I'm guessing a couple of those moves may go through as standalone transfers.

Villa are looking to bring in Maynor Figueroa so it would suggest Warnock is on his way out.

1_Pablo_Angel
January 15th, 2011, 4:43 AM
Samba would be delightful.

da_man
January 15th, 2011, 5:13 AM
To be honest, I don't think we need Collins even if we let Samba go. We have 4 centre backs who we have been shoe-horning anywhere into the side this season.

Nelsen and Givet would be the first choice centre back pairing for the rest of the season with young Grant Hanley as backup and Chimbonda if we're desperate. Then Phil Jones will be back next season for another body in there.

son_of_foley
January 15th, 2011, 5:44 AM
Adams was bought 18 months ago.
Holloway then spoke about wanting Hamill and how everyone knows there's a clause in his contract which means he could get him today.
He also boasted about a clause in Luke Varneys contract which he would be activating jan 1st. Derby have denied any such clause exists.
He is a dick. He believes his own hype and all the good will he earned through actually shutting the fuck up and doing his job last year is fast going down the drain. He's a prick.

son_of_foley
January 15th, 2011, 5:46 AM

Due to his own previous contract breaking ways as a manager. In that respect he's not alone but whinging on about player loyalty is a bit rich then

1_Pablo_Angel
January 15th, 2011, 10:20 AM
So, Makoun IN. Nice to be linked with some exciting players for a change, also nice to actually by them before 23.59 on January 31st.

The word on the street is quite interesting. If nothing changes -and things can always change, though it is unlikely at this point - a solid player is on his way. I never can read the fans, but I would expect this one to be a popular choice...

No, I was not referring to Makoun. Still some work to be done to finish the deal, so I should have been more cautious. Still, if it comes off, I think most would agree that it is a good signing in a position of need.

Could be Figeuroa but from what he's said about the fans liking it I'd hope he's on about a striker. I think the bloke is Krulak's son, which would make his posts a bit more reliable than the usual ITKs...

1_Pablo_Angel
January 15th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Holloway then spoke about wanting Hamill and how everyone knows there's a clause in his contract which means he could get him today.
He also boasted about a clause in Luke Varneys contract which he would be activating jan 1st. Derby have denied any such clause exists.
He is a dick. He believes his own hype and all the good will he earned through actually shutting the fuck up and doing his job last year is fast going down the drain. He's a prick.

Right you are. I thought he was on loan til last Summer.

The point still stands.

Andy
January 15th, 2011, 11:09 AM

:yes:

He used to be quite amusing and came across as a breath of fresh air. Now he seems to believe his own hype and tries to live up to this 'mad entertainer' image (which he always says he hates and is trying to shed).

This alone would be fine but when the central crux of his gimmick is the honest, salt of the earth, downtrodden little guy making a moral stand in the big bad world of football it's a bit rich considering his conduct at Plymouth/Leicester, and the BWP/Charlie Adam thing that Andy already posted.

On Adam, Blackpool paid £500,000 for him 6 months ago. I don't think a bid giving a 700% profit on a player bought less than half a year ago can credibly be termed 'derisory'.

Due to his own previous contract breaking ways as a manager. In that respect he's not alone but whinging on about player loyalty is a bit rich then

Can't add much more to that. He is a dick. :yes:

1_Pablo_Angel
January 15th, 2011, 11:46 AM
"I WANT him to go to a strong club with a strong manager who loves him and where he will be able to win things, not some half-a***d place that used to be famous and the manager is on a dodgy wicket."

I've been desperately trying to think of some clever, witty, subtle way of responding to outspoken Ian Holloway's latest outburst in Aston Villa's pursuit of Blackpool captain Charlie Adam.

But I think it's time to fight fire with fire and advise Holloway to shut his stupid gob and start behaving with some dignity.

Why the new Phil Brown (circa 2010-11) thinks he is an authority on every subject just because half a year in the Premier League has given him the platform to spit his ridiculous sound-bites I don't know.

I've been biting my tongue since Villa's victory over Blackpool a few months back - but his pathetic comments are not the first time he's disrespected Gerard Houllier this season, let alone AVFC.

Rewind to that November night and back then Holloway had already completed his transformation from refreshingly candid media darling to a ridiculous caricature of himself.

If you can recall, it was the evening Holloway made wholesale changes to his team and, to their credit, Blackpool reserves came within a minute of clinching a point against the claret and blues.

Fair enough, it's impossible to take issue with anything that the Seasiders are doing on the football pitch at the moment.

But after the match, Holloway showed about as much self control as a (DELETED FOR LEGAL REASONS).

I remember sitting in Houllier's post match press conference when the Villa boss was asked a perfectly legitimate question by a journalist pal of mine about whether he expected Holloway to face charges from the FA for his team selection.

The hack wasn't suggesting Blackpool should be punished, indeed the general consensus in the room was that the Prem rules are ridiculous and managers should be able to field any permutation of players from their first team squads.

But, after Wolves and Mick McCarthy were fined in similar circumstances last season, it was a valid line of enquiry.

Gerard was just mulling over his answer when he was rudely interrupted by what at first listen sounded like Vicky Pollard.

It transpired that Holloway had been sitting at the back of the press conference room, but rather than showing the decorum expected of visiting managers, jumped to his feet and started answering Houllier's question for him.

But not even in a polite, courteous way. Instead Holloway waved his hands around at the reporter saying 'How dare you ask such a question....ra, ra, blah, blah, etc etc...I can do whatever I want...I'll quit.... yeah but, no but, yeah but.'

Yes, we know that Ian, that's what we were getting at, if you could close that massive mouth for just a minute and pay attention.

Now, perhaps I'm being over-protective of my working environment, but he was in OUR press room, for someone else's press conference and he was ranting and raving as if he owned the place before storming back out like erm, Vicky Pollard again. And that's after insulting TalkSport's former BRMB reporter Ian Danter among other interviewers.

How would he like it if we burst into his dugout and started shouting the odds at him?

"Manager on a dodgy wicket"?, Ian. That would be the same manager who has won the UEFA Cup, FA Cup, League Cup and French titles compared to your Second Division runners-up triumph at QPR and play-off win with Blackpool. Oh, not forgetting last season's South West Challenge Cup success.

"Half-a***d place that used to be famous?" Last time I looked Villa had finished sixth in the Premier League three years running, made two Wembley appearances last season, been in the top flight for more than 20 years and, yes it's in the past, but can boast a European Cup, First Division titles and seven FA Cups among their considerable honours.

Blackpool might be above Villa now, but save all this nonsense until you have had more than six months in the big-time, Holloway.

Remember, this is a man who preached loyalty to Wayne Rooney a couple of years after walking out on Plymouth to join Leicester. Your memory's as short as your fuse.

As for the Charlie Adam bid. Villa have acted completely above board in going through the official channels. It wasn't leaked at this end, so news of their interest emerged either via an agent or from Bloomfield Road.

In fact, if Holloway could keep quiet for long enough to check with his chairman, he might just find that, far from being told not to bother bidding by the Blackpool board, Villa were actually encouraged to submit their formal offer.

"£3.5 million? Someone must be pulling my plonker". There's only one plonker with a questionable pull - that's you Ian Holloway.

Well put. He's just over the top. All this shit is totally unnecessary,.

Bad Collin
January 15th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Gutted that we weren't in for Makoun.

McBain
January 15th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Feels good to have seemingly signed the type of player we've been crying out for for as long as I can remember. Fingers crossed he lives up to his potential.

Chris Scott
January 15th, 2011, 1:56 PM

I'd have Warnock back in a heartbeat, I've always loved him and we never should of got rid of him.

Bad Collin
January 15th, 2011, 2:00 PM
Good to see the club aiming high with transfer targets.

Chris Scott
January 15th, 2011, 5:39 PM
If it means for the time being not playing Konchesky, Aurelio and Johnson left back, then I'm happy.

Bad Collin
January 15th, 2011, 6:09 PM
I'm not, he is no better than any of them. Buy a fucking midfielder who can tackle Kenny.

The Rosk
January 15th, 2011, 6:18 PM
I'd have Warnock back in a heartbeat, I've always loved him and we never should of got rid of him.

God help you. He is dogshit now.

1_Pablo_Angel
January 15th, 2011, 7:14 PM
Holloway's moaning at Houllier for talking about Adam in the press now :wtf:

Houllier's comments came after being directly asked about what Holloway had said, regarding our bid for Adam :wtf:

Strange little man.

McBain
January 15th, 2011, 7:21 PM
Dipshit.

1_Pablo_Angel
January 15th, 2011, 7:25 PM
Funny how Mr Respectful keeps slagging us off as a club seemingly because we're having one dodgy season, and have made a reasonable, behind closed doors bid for one of his players. He didn't say anything like this when we were loaning them wee Barry last season.

son_of_foley
January 17th, 2011, 5:02 AM
HE'S A CHARACTER THOUGH EH HOW REFRESHING

son_of_foley
January 17th, 2011, 5:03 AM
HE'S A CHARACTER THOUGH EH HOW REFRESHING

Alf
January 17th, 2011, 7:19 AM
We are going for Fabiano apparently.

Andy
January 17th, 2011, 9:08 AM
Bent to Villa? :wtf:

Beefy
January 17th, 2011, 9:09 AM
Bloody hell. I'm surprised at that.

Where have Villa suddenly got that sort of money from? And wouldn't they be better of spending that on two or three good players instead of on one striker?

Bad Collin
January 17th, 2011, 9:12 AM
Bent to Villa? :wtf:

Where are you reading that?

Andy
January 17th, 2011, 9:15 AM
Mate just texted me, it's on SSN now. £18m. Insane.

Superb deal for Sunderland if they can get two or three players in with that money.

Alf
January 17th, 2011, 9:15 AM
18m appaz. Ridiculous money for that shit head. God I hate his big thick face.

Simon
January 17th, 2011, 9:17 AM
Why does he want to go :wtf: Good deal for Sunderland but dunno why he wants the move. Calling it a sideways move would be charitable.

Beefy
January 17th, 2011, 9:20 AM
"If I move I want to join a real football club where they play good, attacking football"

"I've an obsession to win trophies. I am a South American with the mentality to win."

Looks like he's not going to Liverpool.

Simon
January 17th, 2011, 9:22 AM
Har har har.

Beefy
January 17th, 2011, 9:23 AM
I've just read that it's £10m + Ireland for Bent...? Not such a good deal if true.

Alf
January 17th, 2011, 9:27 AM
Why do Sunderland want to sell?

Isn't he one of their top/only scorers? Would be madness from them.

Maybe they want to buy Pav off us...

The Rosk
January 17th, 2011, 9:28 AM
Erm seriously what the fuck.

Simon
January 17th, 2011, 9:30 AM
The horny student has put his money where his mouth is.

Andy
January 17th, 2011, 9:30 AM
INSTANT REACTION ROSK HOW DO YOU FEEL

The Rosk
January 17th, 2011, 9:31 AM

Where have Villa suddenly got that sort of money from? And wouldn't they be better of spending that on two or three good players instead of on one striker?

I literally have no idea where the fuck this has come from. How can we be haggling over £6million for a player of Makoun's quality and then fucking jizz away £18million on Darren Bent. I don't really see this as actually happening lads. I mean it is good in the sense we would actually have a finisher for the first time since Dwight Yorke, but Jesus Christ...

The Rosk
January 17th, 2011, 9:36 AM
Only Drogba and Tevez (37 each) have scored more premier league goals than Darren Bent since August 2009.

Since August 2005, Darren Bent has scored 81 Premier league goals, only Rooney and Drogba (both 82) have more in the same period.

:.

You watch Villa come out and say we don't have the cash. There were rumours they wanted Downing but I wouldn't want him to go with the potential he has shown recently. Jesus Christ what???

Bad Collin
January 17th, 2011, 9:42 AM
Bent and Makoun are great signings. Top 15 this year for Villa.

The Rosk
January 17th, 2011, 9:45 AM
Hold on we haven't fucking signed him yet. It is just a rumour.

McBain
January 17th, 2011, 10:00 AM

It's not like it's ever 100% been confirmed that Lerner wants to cut spending. There's been mixed messages and second guessing over that issue for a while.

It's a lot of money (and /or a loss of a valuable player potentially) but we're desperate for a goalscorer so it'll hopefully be worth it.

Winkle van Tinkle
January 17th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Why would he go there?

Sunderland have shown good ambition in the last few years and got themselves up to top 8. Villa have spent nothing and got themselves out of it.

McBain
January 17th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Well there are a couple of things I've read, god knows if they're true:

1) He's fallen out with Gyan
2. He's a Villa fan.

:dunno:

The Rosk
January 17th, 2011, 10:09 AM
I think it's because a lot of our fans aren't ginger.

The Rosk
January 17th, 2011, 10:10 AM
I am also pretty sure Bent supported Arsenal growing up. I remember that rumour going around when he signed for the Yids.

Andy
January 17th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Yeah I've read that he's a Gooner before.

The Rosk
January 17th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Bent and Makoun are great signings. Top 15 this year for Villa.

Fuck you fucknuts. You aren't that far ahead of us you know. Admittedly you have an easier run the next few games but bloody hell we've got potentially maybe Darren Bent coming you cunt!!!

Simon
January 17th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Yeah Bent was an Arsenal fan. Don't think he has fallen out with Gyan either didn't they celebrate the equaliser together yesterday? Gyan seems like a lovely bloke judging by the interviews he's given.

Simon
January 17th, 2011, 10:18 AM
A Spurs ITK reckons the Villa/Bent deal was agreed a few days ago. No explanation as to why but they reckon Sunderland will look to sign Keane.

The Rosk
January 17th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Maybe we are giving them Ireland. Irish connection.

I'd like to know the thoughts of someone on here if possible. I just searched for a load of "Bent" quotes and found the following, so whoever posted these could you please let me know your thoughts on this rumour:

"£10m was quite a lot for Bent, yet he has justified it beautifully"

"Its ridiculous that Bent has got to the age of 26, being one of the top scoring strikers in England throughout his career, yet hasnt had any real opportunity to develop into being an international player"

"Bent is a beautiful guy. He just scores goals."

"Bent scores goals. Always scores goals."

"Darren Bent scores goals."

"Ahreett me fooking foreskin leek"

"He's never really had a real 'bad patch', even Rooney has gone long periods of playing without scoring goals. Bent hasnt. If Bent plays, if he gets chances, he'll score... "

McBain
January 17th, 2011, 10:27 AM
An ITK over at the Villa boards has been on about a deal that would "go down well with the fans" for around a week too.

Andy
January 17th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Bent has only scored one league goal since the end of October. DROUGHT

McBain
January 17th, 2011, 10:31 AM
One more goal than Carew. DEADLY.

The Rosk
January 17th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Now appaz Downing is interesting Liverpool??? WTF.

Alf
January 17th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Was about to come in and say that. Hairlarious.

The Rosk
January 17th, 2011, 11:33 AM
If we can somehow get Given in this transfer window might be the best of Villa's history.

Alf
January 17th, 2011, 11:36 AM
I'd forgotten about him. He surely has to move this window. Villa would probably be a good fit for Man City... they don't want to sell him to the likes of Arsenal after all.

Bad Collin
January 17th, 2011, 11:36 AM
I was serious about Bent and Makoun, amazing signings.

We have been after Downing for ages :(

Bad Collin
January 17th, 2011, 11:37 AM
I was serious about Bent and Makoun, amazing signings.

We have been after Downing for ages :(

Simon
January 17th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Do you really need Given? I know your defence is shit but you can't play two goalkeepers at once no matter how good they are.

Chris Scott
January 17th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Way Hey

Warnock and Downing to the rescue for the Reds.

Simon
January 17th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Warnock and Downing is probably a better left side than Konch and Maxi.

The Rosk
January 17th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Look lads. We haven't got Bent yet. For all we know it is a vicious rumour.

However, if we were to get him, he and Makoun would be two very good quality signings in positions we desperately need. I don't want us to sign any more midfielders now. We have Downing, Young and Albrighton sorted on the wings (unless one of them fucks off which would then even it up) and if we want our youth to come through we have to play Delph, Bannan, Hogg, Gardner with Makoun. Petrov has no place in the side now with that sort of potential coming through.

McBain
January 17th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Warnock and "to the rescue" in the same sentence. :lol:

The Rosk
January 17th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Do you really need Given? I know your defence is shit but you can't play two goalkeepers at once no matter how good they are.

Brad Friedel is 39 years old.

Way Hey

Warnock and Downing to the rescue for the Reds.

Seriously you have no idea how shit Warnock has become. He is a walking fire hazard.

As average as Konch is he is at least as good as Warnock at the moment. Downing has become a decent asset.

The Rosk
January 17th, 2011, 11:44 AM
I also worry for Gabby's future if we have got Bent coming in. 4-5-1 suits him and us hugely. Carew is undoubtedly off, despite a very decent 10 minutes against Birmingham.

Chris Scott
January 17th, 2011, 11:45 AM

Shit yeah never thought of it like that. Then we can play Johnson right wing with Kelly staying right back. Then we can read in a forum how a couple of fans think it's a shit idea and then that automatically means every single Liverpool fan on Gods Green Earth thinks exactly the same.

Simon
January 17th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Brad Friedel is 39 years old.

Yeah but surely given your current situation you shouldn't be looking any further than the end of the season? If there's money to buy Given as well as everyone else you need then fair enough.

Simon
January 17th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Shit yeah never thought of it like that. Then we can play Johnson right wing with Kelly staying right back. Then we can read in a forum how a couple of fans think it's a shit idea and then that automatically means every single Liverpool fan on Gods Green Earth thinks exactly the same.

Calm down girlfriend, remind King Kenny the saviour to make sure they have wage decreases in the event of relegation built into the contract.

Andy
January 17th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Gab Marcotti is suggesting A Young to Liverpool, Owen/Keane and N'Zogbia to Sunderland.

Simon
January 17th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Gab Marcotti talks shit when it comes to transfers.

Beefy
January 17th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Isn't Brad Guzan going to be no.1 at Villa once Friedel retires? Given is a very good keeper but I'd have thought he'd be overpriced considering that Villa seem covered there in the short, and long, term.

Alf
January 17th, 2011, 11:51 AM
We are close to getting Fabiano. APAZZ...

Also, was watching Soccer AM and in their goals bit there was a player called A.PAZ who played for Hercules or somehthing. I had a little chuckle to myself.

McBain
January 17th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Isn't Brad Guzan going to be no.1 at Villa once Friedel retires? Given is a very good keeper but I'd have thought he'd be overpriced considering that Villa seem covered there in the short, and long, term.

Guzan can't handle crosses. I wouldn't trust him to take over.

The Rosk
January 17th, 2011, 11:54 AM

I am a little unsure. We've packed Guzan off to Hull on loan and I for one like him, but whether or not he is enough for a long-term No.1 remains to be seen.

Simon
January 17th, 2011, 11:56 AM
He's no Nigel Spink.

Chris Scott
January 17th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Seriously you have no idea how shit Warnock has become. He is a walking fire hazard.

I know how bad he's been, he probably owes a Jamican Brummie drug money and is all worried about it,

A change of club might do him good.

Simon
January 17th, 2011, 2:02 PM
Apparently Sunderland are not only willing to sell Bent, they're going to buy Heskey too. Did Houllier rip off a rabbit's foot over the weekend or something?

El Capitano Gatisto
January 17th, 2011, 2:03 PM
Maybe Sunderland think if they sell Bent at an enormous price, that they have a better chance of keeping Welbeck? Both by fitting Gyan and Welbeck together in the team and having the cash to make an interesting bid for him.

The Rosk
January 17th, 2011, 2:03 PM
Jesus Christ. I'd rather we sold them Petrov and Ireland and Carew to be honest.

Keano's Magic Hat
January 17th, 2011, 2:07 PM
Maybe Sunderland think if they sell Bent at an enormous price, that they have a better chance of keeping Welbeck? Both by fitting Gyan and Welbeck together in the team and having the cash to make an interesting bid for him.

There's no way that Welbeck is staying at Sunderland- at least going by how Sir Alex responded to a question suggesting that in a recent press conference. He told the journalist that it was such a stupid question that it didn't even deserve a response

Of course, Sir Alex is a notorious for lying to the press, but I genuinely believe he has big hopes for Welbeck. He'd probably be in my United starting 11 at the moment so it would take a big bid.

Gangers
January 17th, 2011, 2:11 PM
If I were Shay Given, I think I'd hang on until the end of the season before going to somewhere like Villa...could end up in the Championship.

Mik
January 17th, 2011, 2:23 PM
Maybe we are giving them Ireland. Irish connection.

I'd like to know the thoughts of someone on here if possible. I just searched for a load of "Bent" quotes and found the following, so whoever posted these could you please let me know your thoughts on this rumour:

"£10m was quite a lot for Bent, yet he has justified it beautifully"

"Its ridiculous that Bent has got to the age of 26, being one of the top scoring strikers in England throughout his career, yet hasnt had any real opportunity to develop into being an international player"

"Bent is a beautiful guy. He just scores goals."

"Bent scores goals. Always scores goals."

"Darren Bent scores goals."

"Ahreett me fooking foreskin leek"

"He's never really had a real 'bad patch', even Rooney has gone long periods of playing without scoring goals. Bent hasnt. If Bent plays, if he gets chances, he'll score... "

I love Bent, he's been a cracking player for us. The goals he's scored has made us into a genuine top half club (by the looks of it) and he was exactly what we needed. He came to us as a club that had no real goalscorers and he's a well known confidence player who needs to be the main goalscoring threat, ideally he suits a 4-5-1 formation. I dont know why he wants to leave, its possible that his confidence has dipped when his form has dropped, its possible that we no longer really play 4-5-1 and he's not the be-all-and-end-all when it comes to scoring goals at the club. We've been a different team this year to last, Bent has not contributed much in the way of goals to help us to our league position. I'd be sad to see him go, as he's been an excellent servant to the club, particularly when its seemingly a step-down. My foreskin is fairly tight like. However, if he feels that Villa is currently more of the club that can be built around him and suit his needs, I dont really disagree with him. I'll never disagree with the idea of a club not keeping a player who want to leave. He'd be a good signing for you and with the possibility of Gyan/Wellbeck/Campbell we COULD end up losing Bent without it being the end of the world. However, that would depend on how much we got to try and strengthen the team/replace him with, which would depend on how Villa are planning on spreading the payment installments, and also whether his transfer request brings in any other bidders. I would certainly suggest that this would give a strong indication that Bent is more interested in his own form, rather than the success of him or his team. Its possible that he simply struggles to form strong strike partnerships and doesnt fancy that'd be much problem with Villa's somewhat impotent attack at the moment. Dunno, I'm surprised, a little disappointed, but hopeful at where it could end up, £18-£24m more possible investment could leave us stronger overall.

Andy
January 17th, 2011, 2:29 PM
Pienaar to Spurs then. Where will he play?

McBain
January 17th, 2011, 2:42 PM
White Hart Lane

El Capitano Gatisto
January 17th, 2011, 3:07 PM
Pienaar to Spurs then. Where will he play?

Where are you seeing that? Chelsea still have a bid in for him, Spurs have simply matched it according to Sky Sports.

SheltonLondon
January 17th, 2011, 3:11 PM
Apparently that is the move he prefers, my friend is on the coaching staff and he's said that Pienaar won't be going anywhere other than Spurs, been saying that for a good couple weeks now even with all the interest from Chelsea and abroad.

MMH
January 17th, 2011, 3:12 PM
Seemingly Spurs is his preferred destination.

Im not overly sure where he is going to play in either side. He can play anywhere in midfield but both clubs look pretty congested there.

El Capitano Gatisto
January 17th, 2011, 3:16 PM
He could play on the left for Spurs with Bale shifted to full-back. Pienaar would be able to play in-field a bit and support Van der Vaart, while Bale has enough about him to patrol a whole flank eventually.

Simon
January 17th, 2011, 3:46 PM
I'm still getting used to us being a successful side, us beating Chelsea to a top class player would never have happened a year or so ago. Could be a great signing for us too - guaranteed to fight for a starting place straight away, but also able to cover a number of positions as a squad player.

Simon
January 17th, 2011, 4:04 PM
The following is from an Ajax forum re. Suarez...

If he chooses he can for Liverpool to success (prices) or whistle, I fear.

LFC is in a downward spiral after the mismanagement of surface conditioning Benitez. They have far too little value on the field, even in us there is more (players) potential. In fact they have only two really good players: Gerrard and Torres. The rest is mediocre, especially for Premier League terms.

Gerrard next season, already 31, probably or definitely way over-the-hill (now very injury prone, pays the toll for his physical style of play). Torres is also still in its development and will no everlasting patience. With Tottenham emerging and ManU, ManCity, Chelsea and Arsenal and LFC can zekerheidjes the years to forget about CL participation. Let alone dream of a championship ..

So there you are then, in August 2011. If the great Luis Suarez who is so hungry for prizes and the CL. Part of a team without Gerrard and / or Torres, without quality and so no future. And why? By sheer haste and expediency? Because you just sat in a dip was impatient? By not setting off on your height but at your low point?

Scale is 24 next week, so this transfer MUST hit. Otherwise, he buries his career here and it is never a winner. If he goes to Tottenham, I understand it right away. This is a sleeping giant to wake up, potentially the biggest club in England. With a very nice selection and also in an upward spiral.

But Liverpool? :rolleyes:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Keano's Magic Hat
January 17th, 2011, 4:15 PM
Let's be honest, Liverpool do need to zekerheidjes the year.

Simon
January 17th, 2011, 5:24 PM
Big news on a number of fronts...

hey people, as i said earlier i have been driving back from liverpool today & have only just been able to post....i havent checked any ITK, however i have had talksport on all day so i am aware of bent etc....

i was phoned this morning by may source who was very excited...he had news & even news on pienaar at last...this is what i was told...

darren bent: had put in a transfer request & was going to move to villa!!!!...i was shocked!....but there was a knock on effect..

sunderland: would now be looking for a striker or even 2 & they were very interested in buying one or 2 of crouch, pav or keane...

aston villa: had obviously decided to do something pretty drastic with regards the huge offer for bent (which is huger because we have lots of add ons for sunderland to pay us!).....to do this they have decided that downing & albrighton are the boys going forward & they will sell young!

now it gets interesting for us........

pienaar: he was finally told that pienaar had given his word to spurs months ago & therefor being a man of his word would NOT sign for anyone but us.....this has obviously started coming out....as i was saying before when peeps were saying it was done....we werent even close because we had no permission.....this is drawing to a positive conclusion!

strikers: the window being 31 days long allows for curveball & aston villa have thrown us one.....ashley young has always been a target for harry & now he is available we will be in for him & i understand that this will mean we will switch targets from suarez to fabiano & young!!

right ive probably missed stuff but im in work & want to read all the ITK thats happened whils ive been driving....

i will answer questions on the info if anyones interested as im gonna be on here til 3am.....working!

Mik
January 17th, 2011, 5:53 PM
I'd rank 90% of that as being bullshit.

The Rosk
January 17th, 2011, 6:06 PM
You can't blame Bent for coming Mik. Noone cares about Sunderland. Even if you won the League.

The Rosk
January 17th, 2011, 6:16 PM
Mik I am joking. I feel strangely odd about this transfer if it goes through. I am actually going to the Man City game so might see Deciduous Darren make his debut if this happens soon. Christ.

1_Pablo_Angel
January 17th, 2011, 7:04 PM
I've got to work on Saturday. Gutted now.

It's done by the way Rosk. Everyones saying so now, Brum Mail reporters included. Signed for 4 1/2 years, apparently for 19m.

EDIT -
FYI, WRT some earlier posts, I feel fairly certain that Makoun will not be playing this weekend because of the visa issue. The Bent deal is tied up except for the transfer paperwork that needs to be signed by Sunderland and sent to the FA. It was too late in the evening for that to happen when all the other stuff - the physical, etc. was sorted out. When asked if this was viewed by his son as a good career move, Bent's father responded (paraphrasing a bit), "It is more than a good career move; he is proud to wear the shirt." That is where it all stands at the moment...

That chap knows what's going on, generally speaking.

I've never really thought that highly of Bent. He has obvious limitations and he's called Darren Bent, which isn't quite as exciting as Juan Pablo Angel. But look at his goal record. He's probably exactly what we need. Well done Randy, and well done Houllier. Survive this season, get a few experienced, quality additions (like Makoun and Bent) and keep the kids together and next year could be very, very exciting.

Andy
January 17th, 2011, 7:17 PM
Villa next year will be like Sunderland this year.

1_Pablo_Angel
January 17th, 2011, 7:20 PM
Do my cryptic clue it's piss easy.

son_of_foley
January 18th, 2011, 4:35 AM
That Ajax guy is a proper spaz if he doesn't consider Reina a "really good player". So I've ignored everything else he's had to say

RFF Champ
January 18th, 2011, 5:49 AM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6668893,00.html

Zoltan Gera wants out of Fulham. Snap him up Pards.

son_of_foley
January 18th, 2011, 6:08 AM
He'ld be a very good signing for you. Different to what you have upfront anyway

RFF Champ
January 18th, 2011, 6:12 AM
He'd be a great foil for Carroll as well as chipping in with some goals himself. He'd also provide cover for the wings if necessary. It doesn't look like Mark Hughes fancies him so we should stick a cheeky bid in.

Alf
January 18th, 2011, 7:12 AM
We are checking out Funes Mori appaz. No idea who he is.[/Hansen]

Simon
January 18th, 2011, 7:15 AM
The Bent signing looks like it's gonna start a merry-go-round, exciting stuff. Now hurry up and get Pienaar signed Levy you bald Jew rat.

Gangers
January 18th, 2011, 7:27 AM
Survive this season, get a few experienced, quality additions (like Makoun and Bent) and keep the kids together and next year could be very, very exciting.

This is a little too close to a Liverpool 'Next year's our year!!!' for my liking.

El Capitano Gatisto
January 18th, 2011, 7:37 AM
The Guardian reckons Pienaar fancies Spurs more than Chelsea because he's been offered a monstrous contract. Pay structure down the pan? He's a good player but seems not really good enough for Spurs to be putting up their with their highest earners, particularly since it looks like they'll be paying a transfer fee.

Simon
January 18th, 2011, 7:45 AM
Can't see that happening. We nearly let the deal go over a difference in valuation of £500k. Our financial structure DOES allow us to pay top whack for a player if we feel they justify breaking with the norm but I can't see us doing it for Pienaar. Although I suppose it's possible that because the transfer fee is so low for a player of his ability, his agent can justify demanding higher wages as it's still good value for the buying side overall.

The thing is you have to consider the likelihood of the players you already have demanding parity if you get someone in on huge wages, and I can't see that happening for a player like Pienaar, good though he is. If he is even among our top earners (I think VDV is on £75k approx and is the best paid player we have) I would be surprised, let alone smashing the wage structure.