PDA

View Full Version : The Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

Lazurus
August 31st, 2010, 1:30 PM
People are now saying that Van Der Vaart is in Spurs lodge.

If he's managed to get in there without being spotted with the Sky reporter outside on the lookout for new players that would be great.

He's even better than Jenas at going unoticed.

Lawson
August 31st, 2010, 1:33 PM
Looks like another bit of transfer genius from us today.

We've loaned Insua out to Galatasary. They've an option to buy him at the end of the season for 4.5m.

In 2008, we signed Insua to a three year contract. I don't like the maths there.

jesus sucks
August 31st, 2010, 1:39 PM
is this a cockney wheeling and dealing thing with fannying around trying to sign 3 strikers on the last day? and deservedly getting none of them. unimpressed to say the least. piss poor, may aswell have just sat on the toilet all day instead. don't do this again Hodgson you wheeling and dealing bloody bastard :irked:

BBF
August 31st, 2010, 1:42 PM
There might be a signing that hasn't been announced yet. Just cos the deal has to be completed before 6pm doesn't mean it has to be announced before then.

da_man
August 31st, 2010, 1:48 PM
Nicko has said on the Rovers forum that 'Arry has gone a bit Jack Bauer...

I have it on pretty good authority that the van der Vaart story was a wind-up.

Harry Redknapp leaked it to find out who the 'mole' is at his club and, sure enough, it was in the papers and on Sky within an hour or so.

How very odd.

It's been that kind of day.

The Rosk
August 31st, 2010, 1:49 PM
Maybe he should have signed a striker instead of trying to find out who the mole was. Twitching twat.

jesus sucks
August 31st, 2010, 1:51 PM
after today's fiasco you can just imagine Harry Redknapp and Hodgson standing there right now in the east end somewhere, long beige wheeler and dealer coats. celebrating a job well done.

Lazurus
August 31st, 2010, 2:11 PM

Surely it was going a bit far to fly VDV all the way to SPurs lodge for that though.

Mik
August 31st, 2010, 2:13 PM
Gyan has signed for 13m. Crikey, that's a lot.

Actually it's not a lot compared to the 12m we spent on Downing.

I was just saying to my girlfriend that I hope Gyan justifies his price tag the same way as people were saying last year that 10m was quite a lot for Bent, yet he has justified it beautifully, otherwise you dont want the player crumbling and the fans grumbling about the wasted money. Then I remembered our old previous record signing of Tore Andre Flo for 8m and realised that the fans never really gave him an especially hard time for never coming close to paying back that ridiculous amount (in fact, we quite liked him, it wasnt his fault that he wasnt worth that much and was way past his best) and figured that Gyan would be alright.

Apparently ITK Ben has gone home early from work today and was seen on lastminute.com booking a flight to Buenos Aires.

Andy
August 31st, 2010, 2:15 PM
He'll be the central midfield playmaker, with only Modric able to play that role for us you can see how bad we can be when he's not playing.

We can now push Bale to LB, play Luka on the left and have VDV and Sandro in the middle. :panic:

Bale is a rubbish left back.

Alf
Teemu has joined Jol at Ajax. Bloody love him lads.

Mik
Tainio is one of my most disappointing signings in my opinion. I dont really know why he wasnt given a chance.

Lazurus
August 31st, 2010, 2:17 PM
Tainio is amazing. I want him back at Spurs.

I'm hearing, from very good sources, that we are waiting on confirmation on VDV and one other (Zarate or Diarra - Levy's been in Italy all week) sometime tonight.

Probably bollocks; maybe.

Mik
August 31st, 2010, 2:18 PM
Tainio is one of my most disappointing signings in my opinion. I dont really know why he wasnt given a chance.

For the record, I did not sign Teemu Tainio. I want to make sure there is no confused there.

BBF
August 31st, 2010, 2:19 PM
Was just about to ask how you funded that move.

Alf
August 31st, 2010, 2:20 PM
You couldn't handle a talent like Teemu. It's ok Mik. He's gone home to his dad.

The Rosk
August 31st, 2010, 2:21 PM
Thats it BBF, give him some back, it means he likes you.

BBF
August 31st, 2010, 2:22 PM
YOU COME HERE RIGHT NOW YOU CUNT

Lazurus
August 31st, 2010, 2:22 PM
For the record, I did not sign Teemu Tainio. I want to make sure there is no confused there.

I is yes confused at the way you put together that second sentence.

Mik
August 31st, 2010, 2:24 PM
Was just about to ask how you funded that move.

I used the money I earned betting on Portsmouth to be bottom at Christmas last season.

BBF
August 31st, 2010, 2:25 PM
agash.

Mik
August 31st, 2010, 2:25 PM
I is yes confused at the way you put together that second sentence.

"No confusion", its a pretty clear and understand mistake.

Alf
August 31st, 2010, 2:26 PM
I used the money I earned betting on Portsmouth to be bottom at Christmas last season.

AHAHAHA

The Rosk
August 31st, 2010, 2:27 PM

Literally never cooking for you again.

Mik
August 31st, 2010, 2:30 PM
I'll cook for YOU next time. Get a big group up and I will cook for you all.

Lazurus
August 31st, 2010, 2:36 PM
APPAZ

Spurs have agreed a deal of around 20m for Van Der Vaart and Lassana Diarra; the only problem is that Real didn't get the paperwork back in time.

We are waiting to see if the Premier League/FA/UEFA will still sanction it.

The Rosk
August 31st, 2010, 2:38 PM
I'll tell you what Mik. How about this. Put that money on Reading to be relegated at 25/1 right now and u will forget it.

Andy
August 31st, 2010, 2:39 PM
Diarra talk seems strange as he played for Real on Sunday. If Mourinho didn't fancy him/he wanted to go, you'd think M Diarra or Gago would've played on Sunday.

Mik
August 31st, 2010, 2:41 PM
I'll tell you what Mik. How about this. Put that money on Reading to be relegated at 25/1 right now and u will forget it.

How much?

Lazurus
August 31st, 2010, 2:42 PM
I'm sure it's all nonsense mate.

The Rosk
August 31st, 2010, 2:44 PM
How much?

What was the bet.40 or 30. Either way I want to see a screenshot.

Mik
August 31st, 2010, 2:45 PM
Do you genuinely want me to put it on? I will put the bet on because you think that you've got a chance of winning. Relegated or bottom by Christmas?

The Rosk
August 31st, 2010, 2:48 PM
Put 40 on them to be relegated. Fuck it. Let's have a journey. Also, you get double the stake if it comes off.

Mik
August 31st, 2010, 2:49 PM
Righto mate. I'll do it. I'm afraid that my print screen button is broke though, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

The Rosk
August 31st, 2010, 2:50 PM
Oh lol.

The Rosk
August 31st, 2010, 2:52 PM
You can copy the bet slip and paste it in here and also take a photo of your screen with the paid bet and upload it. Just helping you out mate.

MMH
Redknapp has just said that they beleive they have signed Van der Vaart according to Talksport

BBF
Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp says the club are waiting for confirmation that their signing of Rafael van der Vaart, for around 8m, has been ratified by the Premier League.

Alf
August 31st, 2010, 2:53 PM
8m for VDV!!! Harry on SSN.

Lazurus
August 31st, 2010, 2:53 PM
No mention of Diarra though?

MMH
August 31st, 2010, 2:59 PM
No mention of Diarra though?

Nah nothing.

BBF
August 31st, 2010, 3:00 PM
Its a good signing but are you sure you are going to have enough bodies in midifield?

Lennon, Bentley, Huddlestone, Palacios, Jenas, Sandro, Modric, Krankjcar, Bale, Van Der Vaart...

Second City Saint
August 31st, 2010, 3:03 PM
2-7-1

Lazurus
August 31st, 2010, 3:05 PM
I'm fairly sure that Bale will now play at LB more than LW.

The alternative is a disaster and we haven't bought anyone else; unless we play Gallas there or one of the Kyles.

BBF
August 31st, 2010, 3:06 PM
Whats wrong with BAE? I'm guessing you've seen more than me but he's always seemed pretty solid when I've seen him.

Lazurus
August 31st, 2010, 3:10 PM
He's the worst player in more games than he's not and at least once a match costs us/almost costs us a goal.

I used to really like him as a fringe player but he still doesn't look ready to be a first team regular.

BBF
August 31st, 2010, 3:11 PM
Is Bale going to be any better?

Should've gone for Konchesky mate.

BBF
August 31st, 2010, 3:14 PM
Who shall we buy this for, by the way?

http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/7727921/Liverpool-FC-Robbie-Keane-Pin-Up-Poster/Product.html?_$ja=tsid:11518|cc:|prd:7727921|cat:P osters

Lazurus
August 31st, 2010, 3:14 PM
Apparently Assulin has signed for Blackburn.

Lazurus
August 31st, 2010, 3:15 PM
Is Bale going to be any better?

Should've gone for Konchesky mate.

Been there, done that.

UK Blue
August 31st, 2010, 3:27 PM
Wilson for Kitson and Lawrence has been confirmed on our official site. We only get 1m cash apparently, as opposed to the 2.5m suggested before, but it's still a good deal for us. Both needed some persuading by the sounds of it. Lawrence was dragged here kicking and screaming.

Tommy Smith to QPR for 1.5m. Would've liked to have kept him ideally as we're so short of numbers, but that's a good price for an average player.

Good day overall (assuming no others have gone) but we are still worryingly short of bodies and relegation is inevitable unless we bring in some useful loans.

Alf
August 31st, 2010, 3:40 PM
So have we signed VDV? No one seems to know.

BBF
August 31st, 2010, 3:41 PM
Not sure if Droopy Harry even knows yet judging by his comments.

Alf
August 31st, 2010, 3:51 PM
BEN is saying it is done and done.

And that Keane may still be loaned to Celtic.

Curly Toe
August 31st, 2010, 4:01 PM
http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20100831/aberdeen-complete-the-signing-of-striker-velicka_2212158_2141152

Not so sure about this.

Darkoke
August 31st, 2010, 4:02 PM
SFA are open till midnight in Scotland, meaning teams can register players till then so it's possible.

As much as I'd love Keane to come back, can't see it happening unless Celtic offload another striker. It would have to be Samaras since he's the only one left who wasn't signed over the Summer and surely something would have happened in that respect by now.

Alf
August 31st, 2010, 4:38 PM
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/uploads/assets/664x301/2010-11/players/sandro/sandro_signing_664.jpg

Looking forward to seeing this big lump. He's apparently a cross between Hudds and Palacios.

So his tackling must be terrible.

Andy
August 31st, 2010, 5:10 PM
Birmingham have done excellently in this window by my reckoning. They've added an excellent creative player in Hleb and some pace in Beausejour today, two areas where they were really lacking. If they can eventually get a couple of good full backs in they'll have an excellent team.

Christopherson
August 31st, 2010, 5:24 PM
http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20100831/aberdeen-complete-the-signing-of-striker-velicka_2212158_2141152

Not so sure about this.

It was a necessity for us because I'm a looking and I don't think we had one other recognised full back if either Papac or Whittaker went down. At least now we have some cover.

Hlebsfall
August 31st, 2010, 5:24 PM
Why did Hleb have to come back? I'm going to have to change my name now. I seriously can't believe that Arsenal have failed to bring in anyone, what a pile of wank. To be honest, I'm not that bothered that they didn't get Schwarzer, as I don't think he is that great, but fuck me, nobody.

Glen
August 31st, 2010, 7:24 PM
You can't change your name Klebs. It will ALWAYS be your name.

Lazurus
September 1st, 2010, 2:11 AM
How about Brumsfall?

Simon
September 1st, 2010, 3:33 AM
Jay Emmanuel-Thomasfall

Christopherson
September 1st, 2010, 4:33 AM
Why did Hleb have to come back? I'm going to have to change my name now. I seriously can't believe that Arsenal have failed to bring in anyone, what a pile of wank. To be honest, I'm not that bothered that they didn't get Schwarzer, as I don't think he is that great, but fuck me, nobody.

You know the only explanation I can think of is that Wenger agrees with you and doesn't think that much of Schwarzer. Perhaps he's holding out for someone better (Given? that french keeper?) because to bring no one in and start with Almunia again is really puzzling to say the least.

Lazurus
September 1st, 2010, 4:37 AM
Maybe Wenger just doesn't know.

Lazurus
September 1st, 2010, 4:39 AM
Four years at Spurs, for €11 million, I can hardly believe it myself, it's a pity I cannot now play against Ajax in the Champions League but I will get to face FC Twente.

The interest from Tottenham came very quick and I did not have much time to think. But I want to play football again and if possible every week, with a beautiful club. I'm totally happy.

I am excited about playing in England. Whether it suits my style remains to be seen, but I think a good footballer can adapt and I am very proud of this transfer.

Lazurus
September 1st, 2010, 4:41 AM
And just because one of you will surely post it soon here's the same chap from a little while ago.

I could never play for another club in Spain and the truth is that if you are leaving Real Madrid, there is only one club you can join that is not a step down – and that’s Manchester United.

The Rosk
September 1st, 2010, 4:50 AM
Ahahahaha, I didn't have much time to think. Brilliant.

Alf
September 1st, 2010, 4:57 AM
Have you seen VdV's wife?

FUCKING HELL LADS.

Lazurus
September 1st, 2010, 5:08 AM
http://www.promipranger.de/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/sylvie-van-der-vaart-kurze-haare.jpg

A guy on a Spurs forum I post on has been ripping into her for having short hair all morning.

Someone finally pointed out that she's recovering from cancer.

Mik
September 1st, 2010, 5:09 AM
Probably an Arsenal fan, right?

Mik
September 1st, 2010, 5:38 AM
Hey Rosko, I'm pretty shit with odds and stuff, if you let me know which site has the best odds on Reading getting relegated, I'll sign up today and get it sorted.

Gangers
September 1st, 2010, 5:42 AM
He's not falling for that one again!

Simon
September 1st, 2010, 5:44 AM
So are we bloody signing Rafael or what? Niko's gonna shag his cueball wife.

Lazurus
September 1st, 2010, 5:45 AM
Stan James and Victor Chandler have them at 25-1.

The Rosk
September 1st, 2010, 5:58 AM
Hey Rosko, I'm pretty shit with odds and stuff, if you let me know which site has the best odds on Reading getting relegated, I'll sign up today and get it sorted.

Stan James and Victor Chandler have them at 25-1.

There you go. Just do it Mik and copy/paste it here or whatever.

Alf
September 1st, 2010, 6:00 AM
YouTube- Teemu Tainio Look At The Score

I love Teemu.

Lazurus
September 1st, 2010, 6:01 AM
There you go. Just do it Mik and copy/paste it here or whatever.

You'd do better to have Mik put your money here though.

http://www.bettingzone.co.uk/football/betting/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=betting/10/09/01/manual_104730.html

Simon
September 1st, 2010, 6:02 AM
Haha I remember that, brilliant. His little Ben Thatcher face.

Mik
September 1st, 2010, 6:33 AM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/miksterious/betforrosk.png

The Rosk
September 1st, 2010, 6:36 AM
ahahahaha YUS. I am framing that.

Mik
September 1st, 2010, 6:38 AM
If you win, we have sex.

Gangers
September 1st, 2010, 6:40 AM
I think that's a pretty fine bet. If I had some more disposable cash I think I'd be up for putting a tenner down on that. Reading are in the mire. Really surprised that Sigurdsson didn't get a move to a Prem team as well, could have seriously improved the frontline of several of them.

Simon
September 1st, 2010, 6:43 AM
I think you lot are forgetting one important ingredient - the bookies aren't stupid, they KNOW Reading have signed Ian Harte and he will keep them up with match-winning free kicks and penalties all season.

Mik
September 1st, 2010, 6:44 AM
You forget that I saw Ian Harte playing at Sunderland a couple of years ago. He is the reason why I know that they are doomed to relegation.

Simon
September 1st, 2010, 6:49 AM
Barcelona were supposedly gonna bid 20m for him one year. The same year Inter bid 250m each for Viduka and Kewell. Ridsdale knew best.

El Capitano Gatisto
September 1st, 2010, 6:50 AM
Ian Harte is one of the shittest footballers I've ever seen. Him and Gary Doherty, I wouldn't be surprised if they learned to walk in their teens, never mind play football.

Gangers
September 1st, 2010, 6:50 AM
At Leeds he did look like a bit of a beast for a season or two. Where was it he was playing overseas for ages? Betis?

Lazurus
September 1st, 2010, 6:52 AM
Levante.

El Capitano Gatisto
September 1st, 2010, 7:01 AM
He was never good. He could hit a great set-piece and that's it. Aside from free kicks, he was a fat cunt, had no pace, no awareness, was a terrible passer and was a lazy fucker. Just a fucking mess. But he was worth a few goals every season.

When he missed those penalties against Spain in the 2002 World Cup I almost tore my own face off in fury because I had hated him so much before that and he fucked up the one thing he was in the fucking team for.

Simon
September 1st, 2010, 7:03 AM
To be fair whoever played there was going to be an almighty letdown after Terry Phelan.

El Capitano Gatisto
September 1st, 2010, 7:08 AM
Or Steve Staunton.

Mik
September 1st, 2010, 7:14 AM
Decent transfer work from Bruce this season I think.

Bramble (1m), Onuoha (loan), Wellbeck (loan), Mensah (loan), Riveros (2m), Mignolet (2m), Elmohamady (loan), Angeleri (2m), Gyan (13m) in for a total of 20m.

Jones (8m), Cana (5m), Murphy (1.5m), Fulop (.75m), O'Donovan (Free), Nosworthy (loan), Kilgallon (loan), Waghorn (3m) out for a total of 18m.

Wage bill is probably similarly balanced as Jones and Cana were two of the highest wage earners at the club and in my opinion a stronger team for only a couple of million. I'll taake it for this transfer window. Would rather see Nosworthy and Kilgallon go properly, even if for free and to be honest George McCartney and Healy need to go as they are both on big Roy Keane contracts, but simply are not going to figure in the team anymore. The likes of Phil Bardsley is good cover, so I dont mind him sticking around as he'll always do a job and Anton Ferdinand I wouldnt at all mind giving another chance as I see potential in him...its just that he's undoubtedly on a ridiculously undeserving wage.

Pretty pleased with Bruce's work in trimming the squad whilst still making it stronger.

MMH
September 1st, 2010, 7:59 AM
To be fair whoever played there was going to be an almighty letdown after Terry Phelan.

You leave Terry Phelan alone.

Unless you are being serious, in that case carry on...

Simon
September 1st, 2010, 8:35 AM
Terry Phelan was good. I like to think Dani Alves modelled his game on him.

The Rosk
September 27th, 2010, 6:40 AM
http://www.clubcall.com/aston-villa/argentine-ace-linked-1101835.html

Well if Spurs can get VDV...

Mik
September 27th, 2010, 6:58 AM
We're not going to win this Reading bet Rosk.

JIJ
September 27th, 2010, 12:40 PM
8 players out, 9 players in.

Certainly has trimmed that squad

The Rosk
September 27th, 2010, 1:17 PM
We're not going to win this Reading bet Rosk.

We will if I bomb the stadium.

Mik
September 27th, 2010, 3:18 PM
Bombs away.

Simon
November 16th, 2010, 5:36 AM
Barcelona have signed Afellay, he's joining next summer.

The Rosk
November 16th, 2010, 5:46 AM
Rumours that we're looking to sign Pires for the season. He'd give tremendous experience to Bannan/Albrighton/Delph/Hogg/Clark/Gardner. SIGN HIM UP.

Simon
November 16th, 2010, 5:47 AM
You'll have to outmuscle Crawley Town to his signature first.

The Rosk
November 16th, 2010, 6:02 AM
You'll have to outmuscle Crawley Town to his signature first.

hahaha. Seriously though is that a mental signing?

Rumours also coming out that Milner is unhappy and thinks he made a huge mistake leaving Villa. I highly doubt he would say this or think this after such a short amout of time and it would never be let out even if he did... but the way he left it against West Ham you knew he would always have a bit of love for the club. I see Adam Johnson was quoted as saying he would have to look elsewhere if he didn't get a regular place at City. The perils of buying a shitload of good players.

Simon
November 16th, 2010, 6:07 AM
I don't think it would be a mental signing. Even if his performances on the pitch are limited quality-wise or appearance-wise, he'll still offer you so much experience on the training pitch with the players. Neither Edgar Davids nor Nourredine Naybet were particularly great for us on the pitch, but they both did a lot at the Lodge with the younger players, especially Davids who would apparently take an individual player after each session and do an hour's one-to-one training with them in his own time.

From what I've seen and heard of Johnson he seems like a bit of a knob. I imagine Milner will stick it out for now though.

The Rosk
November 16th, 2010, 6:15 AM
I'd love to go on the lash with Oranges022. Seems like a sound but mental fellow.

Andy
November 16th, 2010, 9:46 AM
I'd love Pires to come back to the PL. Bloody sign him up Houllier

Alf
November 19th, 2010, 9:47 AM
So... Andy Carroll.

Man U heavily interested appaz and have been chatting up his agent.

Beefy
November 19th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Is he really that good? He looks like the 21st Century Mark Hateley to me.

Star fruit surf rider
November 19th, 2010, 10:03 AM
I suspect Rio was chatting to Carroll heavily over the time they were together for England.

In fact that is probably the only reason that Fergie didnt withdraw him from the squad.

Alf
November 19th, 2010, 10:07 AM

I don't think he's 'that good', he's not a typical Utd signing, but I reckon it'd be a case of the player being enhanced by the players around him, and would give them an extra dimension. I can't remember the last time they had a tall, strong, aggressive forward.

Spurs have also enquired APPAZ.

He'd be much better in the lone striker role than Crouch or Pav.

Plus he'd do well as a target man alongside Defoe.

Imagine Bale skipping along the wings and pinging a perfect ball into him.

Actually, that['s probably why they want to buy him, they are probably planning on nabbing Bale too.

turdpower
November 19th, 2010, 12:47 PM

Cracking shout.

RFF Champ
November 19th, 2010, 1:10 PM
I really can't see Carroll leaving for at least another two seasons.

son_of_foley
November 19th, 2010, 1:15 PM
If you could get 30m you would be mad not to sell him. BLOODY MAD.

Bad Collin
November 19th, 2010, 1:22 PM
Who would pay 30 million for someone like Carroll?

son_of_foley
November 19th, 2010, 1:34 PM
MANCHESTER CITY

Bad Collin
November 19th, 2010, 1:37 PM
Ahahaha, good point.

RFF Champ
November 20th, 2010, 3:38 AM
If you could get 30m you would be mad not to sell him. BLOODY MAD.

30mil is a lot but I just don't trust anyone to spend it wisely. I imagine a large cut would go to Ashley and then we'd have to find a striker who is as effective for us as Carroll is.

Say what you like about Carroll as a player but without him our system goes to shit. He has the ability in the air and on the ground we need. The only other striker I can think of who could recreate what he does is Zamora.

I think we'd have to accept 30mil but it wouldn't be an easy decision because he's only getting better and he works his socks off and loves the club. Countless times over the past decade we've spewed 10mil on a striker and look how it's worked out every time. Now we have one that's come from our acadamy.

Andy
November 25th, 2010, 11:27 AM
According to Dimano's president we've had a 20m euro bid turned down for two of their highly rated youngsters. :\

Simon
November 25th, 2010, 11:29 AM
That's presumably the same guy that claimed you'd bought Eduardo for like 30m and it turned out it was only 7m or something, I wouldn't worry too much :D

Did he say which two? They have a young playmaker called Milan Badelj who is supposed to be excellent, a player in the Modric mould - not sure he's what you need but he's very highly rated.

Andy
November 25th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Oh really? Didn't know that, seems extremely unlikely anyway.

Sime Vrsaljko, a 16 year old right back, and Mateo Kovacic, an 18 year old attacking midfielder.

Keano's Magic Hat
November 26th, 2010, 9:38 AM
A bit of ITK news for you all. Bayern Munich have told Manchester United that Bastian Schweinsteiger will not be signing a new contract and will be available for 15m in January. No idea if United will go for it, and you can assume that he has been offered to just about every major club in Europe.

What's interesting is that within a short time of receiving the Schweinsteiger offer United have allowed Anderson and his agent to speak to Panathinaikos, so it could be on. We'd be absolutely mad if we didn't take him for 15m.

Winkle van Tinkle
November 26th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Surely Bayern would want Anderson if you're willing to let him go? :\

Keano's Magic Hat
November 26th, 2010, 10:15 AM
But he's a fat waster?

It's a shame, as technically he's brilliant, he's just so fat and hasn't looked close to being fully fit in about 2 years.

Bad Collin
November 26th, 2010, 11:36 AM
I wonder if he'd come to Liverpool (Schweinsteiger that is not Anderson), surely the board would make money available for him.

Andy
November 26th, 2010, 12:02 PM
I'd be shocked if Schweinsteiger went for as little as 15m at this stage. I know he's not signing a new contract but doesn't his current one still have another 18 months to go? Everyone will be after him anyway, top top player.

Alf
November 26th, 2010, 1:14 PM
I can't see Pigscaffold going to livepool at all.

I think his contract expires this summer by the way.

Simon
November 26th, 2010, 2:02 PM
Why the fuck would he go to Liverpool? If he didn't get a better offer than Liverpool, surely he'd just see out his contract with Bayern. He'd get a better offer anyway so it's not really relevant but that would be a very odd move, unarguably a step down. I'd expect United and Chelsea both to be in for him, and quite possibly City as well, let alone clubs from Spain and Italy. Worth bearing in mind as well that it could just be brinkmanship as with the Rooney and Terry deals - Bayern might not be the biggest club he could play for but there aren't many who could pay him more, Ribery is on €10m a year for example.

Winkle van Tinkle
November 26th, 2010, 7:21 PM
He's overrated anyway, and would struggle in this league

RFF Champ
December 2nd, 2010, 10:25 AM
Mark Schwarzer has signed a new contract at Fulham so it looks like Arsene Wenger will have to look for another goalkeeper. Although I'm sure Van Der Sar signed a new contract before he moved to Man Utd.

The Club is delighted to confirm that Mark Schwarzer has signed a contract extension with Fulham that will see the Australian international goalkeeper remain at the Cottage until at least the summer of 2012, with an option for a further year.

Simon
December 2nd, 2010, 11:02 AM
Yeah all this will mean is that Fulham will make a few quid.

The transfer window opens in a month, I'm surprised there have been so few hard rumours so far.

Andy
December 2nd, 2010, 11:11 AM
I'd be very surprised if we signed a new keeper at this stage. I don't think Wenger will drop Fabianski now he's given him a chance and he's doing relatively well. Sczeczny just signed his new big money five year deal too so it's obvious where he sees the future of that position.

Simon
December 5th, 2010, 8:38 AM
AC Milan are considering a January move for Rangers striker Kenny Miller as cover for the injured Filippo Inzaghi. (Sunday Express)

Juventus and Inter Milan are set to battle it out for the 5m signature of Celtic midfielder Scott Brown when the transfer window opens in January. (Sunday Express)

:lol:

Chris Scott
December 5th, 2010, 8:41 AM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6554724,00.html

I always hate reading we could have signed Ronaldo.

Lagom
December 5th, 2010, 8:41 AM
I guess this means that we can't trust the Sunday Express for genuine transfer news then?

Chris Scott
December 5th, 2010, 8:54 AM
Nope.

turdpower
December 5th, 2010, 10:16 AM
What mental wages did Houllier want to give Ronaldo then?

BBF
December 5th, 2010, 10:21 AM
29 million rupees a week.

Lagom
December 5th, 2010, 10:26 AM
What mental wages did Houllier want to give Ronaldo then?

Houllier didn't. It was the wages that Ronaldo, or his agent were requesting, that were above the club's current wage structure, and so they made no further enquiries.

Lawson
December 5th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Phil Thompson's version of this is we were haggling over the transfer fee. He related being sat having a drink with Houllier when the news he'd signed for Man Utd broke, and them being completely surprised by this as they felt the deal would be done.

Houllier's versions a bit kinder.

Alf
December 9th, 2010, 6:15 AM
Keane to Villa for 6m APPAZATRON

The Rosk
December 9th, 2010, 7:10 AM
Fine with it. Anyone now would be good. The only worry is that he will make Dunne and Warnock drink more. CUNTS

Beefy
December 9th, 2010, 7:16 AM
I expect to see the entire Villa squad in Copper Face Jacks before the end of January.

1_Pablo_Angel
December 9th, 2010, 9:46 AM
Elmander, Parker and Lescott and we would be LAUGHING.

Beefy
December 9th, 2010, 9:48 AM
Where have you suddenly got 35m from?

1_Pablo_Angel
December 9th, 2010, 9:51 AM
The Milner sale and Randy's back pocket. Plus we can fuck off Curtis Davies, John Carew and Steve Sidwell if we get those 3 in.

1_Pablo_Angel
December 9th, 2010, 9:52 AM
Elmander's contract's up at the end of the season isn't it? He'll be cheap as chips in Jan if he fancies a move. And let's be honest, who wants to play for Bolton?

Beefy
December 9th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Bolton look a far better side than Villa right now and I doubt you pay any more than they do. Why would he move?

1_Pablo_Angel
December 9th, 2010, 1:24 PM
You winding me up? We pay massive wages and we're a much bigger club than Bolton, with a far more realistic chance of long term success despite our current slump.

Beefy
December 9th, 2010, 1:28 PM
You've paid massive wages, but I thought part of the whole Villa saga from the summer was that the Club was trying to move away from doing that.

No one is disputing that Villa are bigger than Bolton. But right now I doubt a move to Villa would be one to get any Bolton player's juices flowing. What player gives a shit about long-term success?

1_Pablo_Angel
December 9th, 2010, 3:10 PM
Well forget long term. We're more likely to achieve something within the next year and a half than they are. I still wouldn't be too surprised to see us finish above them this year in all honesty.

The issue with wages is not that we're paying too much to everyone, but that we're overpaying shite like Sidwell which is a complete waste. If we flogged Carew that'd free up 50k per week, almost certainly more than Elmander's on now and Randy would certainly back Houllier if he wanted to bring in his own big signing forward.

I try to steer clear of an arrogant attitude towards small clubs, in general. But sod it, Bolton are the archetypal nothing club. Crap place, small club, plastic stadium that's always half full etc... I know Birmingham's not exactly Madrid but it's better than fucking Bolton.

Bolton's finances are an absolute mess. They need to sell players. A guy in that sort of form with 6 months left on his contract? (If this is indeed the case). We could get him for a very reasonable fee. And I can't see him clinging onto the Reebok by his fingernails.

Simon
December 9th, 2010, 3:11 PM
He said he wasn't going anywhere until the summer. He's still got a lot to prove anyway, a good three months doesn't make up for the absolute dross he produced in the previous two years.

1_Pablo_Angel
December 9th, 2010, 3:59 PM
Fair comment. I think he's shown he has the ability to succeed in England, and would fit in with the style of football Houllier wants to play extremely well. Certainly better than Heskey or Carew.

As I say, I reckon a cheeky 5m and Bolton might have to say yes if he can leave for nowt in the Summer. We can probably blag 3m off a Turkish side or someone in Spain for Carew... I'm sure it won't happen, just think it would be good for us and is realistic.

Simon
December 22nd, 2010, 3:28 PM
So who are you cunts buying then?

Andy
December 22nd, 2010, 3:39 PM
Rumours going around today we'll bid for Mascherano in January :eek:

...:(

We're also selling one of our really promising youngsters Havard Nordtveit because he's refusing what is supposedly the standard contract offer for his age and ability.

RFF Champ
December 22nd, 2010, 5:42 PM
Jose Fonte. We don't really need a defender but Pardew loves him and was touting him as the best defender in the Championship when trying to sign him for Southampton.

Simon
December 22nd, 2010, 5:45 PM
Rumours going around today we'll bid for Mascherano in January :eek:

...:(

Would Mascherano want to go back to England given the reason he left in the first place (besides being able to join Barca and being able to leave Liverpool) was to be in a Spanish-speaking environment? In any case, I think the less money that is put into the hands of Barca at the moment the better for your mob.

I heard that because they can't afford Fabs they are planning a 10m raid for Denilson :lol:

Mik
December 22nd, 2010, 5:46 PM
Nobody. We've been doing fairly well this season and we've got Turner, Bramble, Campbell and Meyler all returning to fitness. That'll hopefully be enough to ensure us a top half finish.

Andy
December 22nd, 2010, 5:49 PM
There's no chance it would happen, of course not. It would be a beautiful signing though.

Rumours of Wolfsburg wanting Denilson for 10m+, which would be too good to turn down really. We'd need to reinvest it though, which is always unlikely.

Simon
December 22nd, 2010, 5:51 PM
Wolfsburg always have money to spend and they will presumably fund whoever comes in to replace McClaren (rumours he will be gone tomorrow morning after they lost today). I don't think Denilson is anywhere near as bad as some people on here make out but 10m for him and you would be laughing.

Andy
December 22nd, 2010, 5:54 PM
Exactly. I still maintain he's a good player, especially in the squad role he has now. Still young too.

I would be very wary of letting him go if we didn't then go on and sign at least one player, which would almost certainly be the case.

RFF Champ
December 22nd, 2010, 6:02 PM
McCarthy has been watching Wheater for Wolves too APPAZ.

Keano's Magic Hat
December 22nd, 2010, 6:39 PM
10m for Denilson is about 9.75m too much. He's awful.

We very rarely make noteworthy signings in Jan. We had a mad January where Vidic and Evra signed, but that's more of an exception that proves the rule.

Alf
December 22nd, 2010, 6:41 PM
Didn't you get Nani in a Jan window?

Simon
December 22nd, 2010, 6:43 PM
Na Nani and Anderson signed mid season but didn't join til the summer iirc.

turdpower
December 22nd, 2010, 6:44 PM
Nar, Nani and Anderson came in the summer of 07 with Hargreaves.

DAMN YOU "Simon"

Keano's Magic Hat
December 22nd, 2010, 6:44 PM
Didn't you get Nani in a Jan window?

End of May 2007

RFF Champ
December 22nd, 2010, 6:45 PM
That's brilliant. Each post gets slightly more specific.

Keano's Magic Hat
December 22nd, 2010, 6:45 PM
Hopefully we'll bring Tom Cleverley back from Wigan. He could be a fantastic player and has done well for Wigan when he hasn't been injured.

Shame we can't recall Welbeck :\

Mik
December 22nd, 2010, 9:02 PM
Not for us it isnt.

Alf
December 23rd, 2010, 7:05 AM
There's chat of us going in for Samba.

Interesting...

I wouldn't mind. But that'd definitely be the end of Woodgate, and maybe King too. Kaboul, Gallas, Bassong, and Daws are all doing fine (when uninjred).

RFF Champ
December 27th, 2010, 3:05 PM
Ben Arfa is signing on a five year contract. This is brilliant news. Terrific player and we've done well to ward off any other interest.

Also a new striker to come in January. So long as that doesn't mean Carroll is leaving then it's great news again.

Simon
December 27th, 2010, 3:08 PM
How much do you think your lot would accept for Carroll? I can see Redknapp saying bollocks to it and going all out for him if he thinks it's doable, he must be tired of hanging around for all sorts of foreign types who clearly don't want to sign for us. It would be fun to see Carroll try and fit in with all our jammo lads. I bet Carroll will have taken over the dressing room playlist within a month.

Mik
December 27th, 2010, 3:39 PM
10m would get him.

Simon
December 27th, 2010, 3:43 PM
You reckon? No chance IMO I think they would wring 25m out of us and we would be desperate enough to pay it. Then he will be dropped every week, join your lot and score a shitload of goals

#bent

Mik
December 27th, 2010, 3:52 PM
Nah. I dont think that Ashley is likely to refuse big bids. I think that 10m would comfortably get him. At the moment he's very raw, he's lacking in proven experience, he's not an international. I think that Newcastle would be forced to take 10 or so for any of their players at the moment. They'd maybe try and drag an exchange deal out of it.

Alf
December 27th, 2010, 7:18 PM
You reckon? No chance IMO I think they would wring 25m out of us and we would be desperate enough to pay it. Then he will be dropped every week, join your lot and score a shitload of goals

#bent

Sorry mate, but you are insane if you think Danny would spend 25m on him.

Andy
December 27th, 2010, 7:19 PM
Unless Carroll is nearing the end of his contract, there is absolutely no way he'd go for as little as 10m.

Star fruit surf rider
December 28th, 2010, 7:58 AM
Nah. I dont think that Ashley is likely to refuse big bids. I think that 10m would comfortably get him. At the moment he's very raw, he's lacking in proven experience, he's not an international. I think that Newcastle would be forced to take 10 or so for any of their players at the moment. They'd maybe try and drag an exchange deal out of it.
I think playing the last England game counts as being an international mate.

That alone would add a couple of mill onto any transfer fee.

Simon
December 28th, 2010, 8:10 AM
Sorry mate, but you are insane if you think Danny would spend 25m on him.

17m on Darren Bent when he was less highly rated than Carroll is now, signed from a relegated side (though on the other hand he had more PL experience)...maybe 25m is a bit much but I'd be stunned if we ended up getting him and the price was less than 20m.

El Capitano Gatisto
December 28th, 2010, 9:37 AM
20 million for Andy Carroll would be absolutely nuts. There are so many questions over him; i.e. whether he's all that good, how much of a cunt he is etc. I agree that may what it would take to buy him, but he's absolutely not worth that yet to anyone other than the likes of Man City. 10 million is probably about right.

Simon
December 28th, 2010, 9:43 AM
Yeah I don't think he would be worth it necessarily but our problem is we need a player 'like him' and the desperation to get back into the CL next year might make it a gamble worth going for. If he scores the goals that get us back in, the 10m or so we would have overspent to get him would seem like peanuts. Then again we could end up needing to replace him a year down the line when he proves not good enough for the CL.

All academic as it seems he has said he wants to stay at Newcastle. Doesn't necessarily mean anything but I think it would be the right thing for him to do. Stay until the end of the season and if he's still doing the business you would think Chelsea or United would come in for him, if not City.

JIJ
December 28th, 2010, 9:45 AM
Buying anyone for 20 million based on one decent half-season would be insanity.

RFF Champ
December 28th, 2010, 12:06 PM

You must be high.

Whether he is worth it or not as a player, 10mil is nowhere near enough. Any deal for him would be based on future incentives but a deal would have to touch 20mil in total to tempt Ashley.

Carroll has just signed a new long term contract, he's an England international and he's scoring a number of goals against good teams.

Alf
December 28th, 2010, 12:21 PM
17m on Darren Bent when he was less highly rated than Carroll is now, signed from a relegated side (though on the other hand he had more PL experience)...maybe 25m is a bit much but I'd be stunned if we ended up getting him and the price was less than 20m.

Lesson learnt there. I can't see Danny signing off on a signing for that money unless it is a well established star.

No way would spend 20m on Carrol. He's not even that good.

Alf
December 28th, 2010, 12:23 PM
You must be high.

Whether he is worth it or not as a player, 10mil is nowhere near enough. Any deal for him would be based on future incentives but a deal would have to touch 20mil in total to tempt Ashley.

Carroll has just signed a new long term contract, he's an England international and he's scoring a number of goals against good teams.

If someone bid 15 Newcastle would sell.

He isn't an England international. He's got 1 bloody cap. Wind it in.

What's his goal record against not very good teams then? What a bizarre comment.

1_Pablo_Angel
December 28th, 2010, 1:07 PM
Ashley is very much a businessman who's a bit clueless about footy and has made a big loss on his time at St James' so far. Also it seems from all accounts that Pards is a yes man who has known him for a while.

Had Newcastle got a few points from the last few games, he may have been tempted. As it is, I think Alex is right and it would take a LOT of cash to get him to release Caroll now. He knows the risks of going down and staying down, won't want to do it again and knows the flak he'll get if he sells Andy the wifebeater in such a tight situation.

RFF Champ
December 28th, 2010, 4:59 PM
If someone bid 15 Newcastle would sell.

He isn't an England international. He's got 1 bloody cap. Wind it in.

What's his goal record against not very good teams then? What a bizarre comment.

It's not a bizarre comment because it shows that he can score against the big teams. The fact that he has scored against Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea all in his first season in Premier League football is attractive to buyers because he has undone the best of defences.

You don't think he'll make the next England squad? Of course he will.

15mil would make Ashley consider it undoubtedly. I think it would have to be 20mil for him to sell. Smalling went for 12mil when he'd played a couple of games against Basel. Carroll is a Premier League regular and has played for England.

El Capitano Gatisto
December 28th, 2010, 7:28 PM
Sky Sports saying City are in advanced talks to get Dzeko.

Chris Scott
December 28th, 2010, 7:55 PM
Yeah lots of media linking us with that Dzeko.

Simon
December 28th, 2010, 8:03 PM
Yeah I bet he would choose Liverpool before City.

Simon
December 28th, 2010, 8:04 PM
You'll probably have to tell Llorente he's not needed after all.

El Capitano Gatisto
December 28th, 2010, 8:07 PM
Can't see Liverpool having the money to think about bidding for Dzeko. If he weren't being priced at an alarming amount then half of Europe would be in for him. Mourinho is begging for another striker.

Simon
December 28th, 2010, 8:14 PM
Madrid are going balls out for Llorente apparently. Obviously if Liverpool come in for him he'll have a real decision to make.

Andy
December 28th, 2010, 9:09 PM
A guy who writes a blog about the Arsenal youth and reserves reckons Liverpool will sign that long-named bloke from Southampton. Says we've watched him a few times but haven't been going all-out to get him, whereas Comolli is desperate to sign him. He's pretty reliable. Also says Nordtveit is having his medical with Gladbach tomorrow.

Simon
December 28th, 2010, 9:12 PM
I'll be Glad to see the bach of him.

RFF Champ
December 29th, 2010, 2:41 PM
Appaz we're after Max Gradel from Leeds in a deal which would see Leon Best go the other way.

The good old 'buy em young and sell em high' tactic again.

Simon
December 29th, 2010, 3:28 PM
That Gradel is a bit good.

El Capitano Gatisto
December 29th, 2010, 6:34 PM
City buying Alou Diarra according to Sky Sports. Another defensive midfielder.

JIJ
December 29th, 2010, 6:35 PM
Bradford City?

El Capitano Gatisto
December 29th, 2010, 6:36 PM
I don't give a flying fuck about lower league English football so I wouldn't know if they're in for him as well.

Second City Saint
December 30th, 2010, 8:46 PM
Seems West Ham's in for Owen & Yakubu.

Glen
December 30th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Now there's an odd strike partnership.

Alf
December 31st, 2010, 7:37 AM
Pardew saying he's interested in Keane.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11675_6626084,00.html

Boom.

RFF Champ
December 31st, 2010, 7:47 AM
I'm not sure about Keane as a player anymore. There are a number of excelling Championship players we're looking at, Gradel and Hammil for example.

There's no way Ashley would pay 5mil or whatever you're asking for a 30 year old. Any chance of a loan?

Beefy
December 31st, 2010, 7:50 AM
I'm not sure about Keane as a player anymore. There are a number of excelling Championship players we're looking at, Gradel and Hammil for example.

There's no way Ashley would pay 5mil or whatever you're asking for a 30 year old. Any chance of a loan?

As long as you steer clear of Rickie Lambert and Charlie Austin :squint:

RFF Champ
December 31st, 2010, 7:50 AM
Also, if West Ham are in for Demba Ba on loan then we should be in there too. I've never seen him play knowingly but his goalscoring records quality.

Bad Collin
December 31st, 2010, 7:54 AM
Now there's an odd strike partnership.

Not really, he works well with a big man. He and Heskey were immense together. That was a decade ago however...

RFF Champ
December 31st, 2010, 8:25 AM
Pardew saying he's interested in Keane.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11675_6626084,00.html

Boom.

It's just occurred to me that he could be included in a deal for Carroll...please no.

da_man
December 31st, 2010, 9:54 AM
Aston Villa have been the first club to show some serious interest in Chris Samba but the clubs are miles apart on the valuation apparently.

MMH
December 31st, 2010, 10:07 AM
Can't see Liverpool having the money to think about bidding for Dzeko. If he weren't being priced at an alarming amount then half of Europe would be in for him. Mourinho is begging for another striker.

And of course no matter what Liverpool bid City can raise it.

If Dzeko wants to go to City then he is as good as theirs.

Bad Collin
December 31st, 2010, 10:32 AM
If we are going to splash the cash then I would rather have Gervinho. Not that Dzeko would come to Liverpool anyway.

JIJ
December 31st, 2010, 10:33 AM
Why don't you start a petition to get him

Bad Collin
December 31st, 2010, 10:37 AM
:lol: Good idea!

RFF Champ
December 31st, 2010, 11:37 AM
Andy Carroll is in London for some reason. He has an injury that has ruled him out of the next couple of games. Could be that he's talking to Spurs and the injury is a smokescreen?

Bad Collin
December 31st, 2010, 11:40 AM
How do you know he is in London?

RFF Champ
December 31st, 2010, 11:44 AM
Appaz he's gone for treatment. Not sure why he would need to when there should be plenty of resources in the north east.

Bad Collin
December 31st, 2010, 11:47 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if Ashley/Pardew sold him to be honest. How much do you reckon would be a good figure for him? I think about 12 million is about fair.

RFF Champ
December 31st, 2010, 11:52 AM
It probably would be fair but in this market we should be pushing for a lot more. I'd want 15mil fee and then another 5mil on incentives. I'm obviously biased though. We would struggle a lot without him.

Bad Collin
December 31st, 2010, 11:54 AM
The issue is whether the funds go into the transfer kitty, I think this is big Mike cashing in an asset. Assuming that he is going, he may actually be in London for treatment after all.

RFF Champ
December 31st, 2010, 11:57 AM
It should be announced that we have signed Ben Arfa full time in the next week. That's a massive bonus. It also frees up another loan spot.

There's no way all the Carroll money would be spent. We'd buy some Championship up and comers and hope they hit the ground running/hope Shola starts scoring goals.

MMH
December 31st, 2010, 12:25 PM
Andy Carroll is in London for some reason. He has an injury that has ruled him out of the next couple of games. Could be that he's talking to Spurs and the injury is a smokescreen?

Probably gone to a New years Eve party down in London if he is missing a few games anwyay.

Simon
December 31st, 2010, 12:32 PM
It should be announced that we have signed Ben Arfa full time in the next week. That's a massive bonus. It also frees up another loan spot.

There's no way all the Carroll money would be spent. We'd buy some Championship up and comers and hope they hit the ground running/hope Shola starts scoring goals.

Odd that you are signing Ben Arfa when he's still injured, can't have been the most stringent medical.

Simon
December 31st, 2010, 2:10 PM
Wigan have made the first official signing of the window, Deportivo centre back Adrian Lopez who goes by the name Pingu or something similar. I think I'm right in saying that we have officially signed Bongani Khumalo from some South African side, too.

UK Blue
December 31st, 2010, 9:45 PM
Liam Lawrence apparently can't play tomorrow because of 'contractual issues'. This is the guy we were meant to have signed permanently in August as part of the Wilson deal, only to find it hadn't quite gone through in time but was '100% certain' to go through Jan 1st.

Some things never change. Still, even Kitson for Wilson was a good deal.

RFF Champ
January 1st, 2011, 9:46 AM
Milwall's Steve Morison to Fulham for 3mil appaz.

BBF
January 1st, 2011, 9:47 AM
Fingers crossed. Would mean McQuoid plays more.

RFF Champ
January 1st, 2011, 9:48 AM
He's not in their squad today so it adds up.

BBF
January 1st, 2011, 9:48 AM
Would explain why Morison isn't in the squad today too.

Lads, Jason Puncheon (who just scored a cracker for Millwall) is brilliant. Someone in the Premier League should give him a go. He's a got a massive fat arse but he's just superb at everything.

BBF
January 1st, 2011, 11:06 AM
Would explain why Morison isn't in the squad today too.

Lads, Jason Puncheon (who just scored a cracker for Millwall) is brilliant. Someone in the Premier League should give him a go. He's a got a massive fat arse but he's just superb at everything.

Puncheon 8
Puncheon 65
Puncheon 71

:cool:

Torn
January 1st, 2011, 11:10 AM
He's rubbish.

Torn
January 1st, 2011, 11:11 AM
And Steve "AIDS" Morison will be rubbish for Fulham too.

Mik
January 1st, 2011, 4:08 PM
If Spurs sign Beckham it would complete their transition in my mind from being "Club that I cant stand" to "Club that I dont actually mind".

Canuck
January 1st, 2011, 4:44 PM
Milwall's Steve Morison to Fulham for 3mil appaz.

What in the fiddler's fuck? God damn.

RFF Champ
January 2nd, 2011, 10:08 AM
Aston Villa and Newcastle will battle it out to sign Paris Saint Germain ace Stephane Sessegnon.

The 26-year-old right winger is contracted until 2013 but wants to quit after a bust-up with his manager.
The Benin international is valued at 7million

Sessegnon revealed last month that it was 'impossible' for him to stay at PSG after being insulted by boss Antoine Kombouare. He claims Kombouare swore at him in training.
Sessegnon said: 'The coach insulted me. I believe that a coach cannot call one of his players 'a******' or call him 'a s*** player' as was the case with me.
'That is what he said to me, I am not going to cover up what he said. Under these conditions, it appears to me that it is impossible to continue to play for Paris. Impossible.'

Good quotes. Another I've never knowningly seen play but him and Ben Arfa would tear it up if he's as good as I've heard. I'm not holding my breath though.

da_man
January 2nd, 2011, 2:55 PM
It now appears we're conducting our transfer negotiations via Twitter.

Venkys trying hard to get Ronaldinho for 2 years contract . Offered 7.2 Million Euros as salary per year

1_Pablo_Angel
January 2nd, 2011, 3:25 PM
Good quotes. Another I've never knowningly seen play but him and Ben Arfa would tear it up if he's as good as I've heard. I'm not holding my breath though.

Why are we continually linked with wingers? We have several much bigger priorities in terms of strengthening the side.

da_man
January 2nd, 2011, 3:55 PM
I wouldn't break the champagne out just yet Rosk but...

And Blackburn are leading the chase to re-sign left-back Stephen Warnock, 29, who could move to Ewood Park for 2m.
Full story: News of the World

Andy
January 3rd, 2011, 3:50 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6632562,00.html

Second City Saint
January 3rd, 2011, 3:53 PM
So this came out after the bid denial story I'm guessing?

Bennedy
January 3rd, 2011, 4:12 PM
Still reckon he will go back to Brazil.

Andy
January 3rd, 2011, 4:40 PM
Seems like the MD said it's rubbish and the owner says they've bid for him. Can't see Ronaldinho at Blackburn somehow.

Alf
January 4th, 2011, 7:47 AM
Kyle Walker to be withdrawn from QPR and sent to.... VILLA...

He's a cracking little player Rosky. Can play CB or RB very well.

The Rosk
January 4th, 2011, 7:55 AM
Serious? Can he play fucking left back??

Why is he not getting a look in for you if he's so good?

Alf
January 4th, 2011, 12:04 PM
I think we are alright for defenders at the mo.

I think he can play LB.

Simon
January 4th, 2011, 12:26 PM
He looks really good, he reminds me a little of Bale if that isn't loading too much praise on him. Better going forward than defending, goes past players with brute force and pace rather than incredible skill but very decent technically. Wouldn't be surprised if Corluka or Hutton are eventually farmed out (in the summer maybe) with Walker coming in as backup with a view to becoming our first choice right back.

Not seen enough of him to say much about him at centre back but in the play-off final when Sheffield United lost to Burnley he was the best player on the pitch. And just to highlight the point, he is fucking LIGHTNING quick.

Bad Collin
January 4th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Is he the one who took Coventry apart a few weeks ago?

The Rosk
January 4th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Sidwell off to West Ham for 250k. One of the worst signings we've made in recent times. 5m to 0.25m. Fuck off you useless ginger prick. Not you Mik.

son_of_foley
January 4th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Sidwell off to West Ham for 250k. One of the worst signings we've made in recent times. 5m to 0.25m. Fuck off you useless ginger prick. Not you Mik.

Wonder how much Wonga you paid him as well. I bet that Wonga guy supports Villa

Simon
January 4th, 2011, 12:57 PM
250k ahahahaha. Can't remember the last time I saw a Premier League player go for that little.