PDA

View Full Version : WWE Womens Wrestling Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55

Nash Diesel
February 22nd, 2019, 2:49 PM
I think Peyton is the future. The problem is they are such a comedic act that it's difficult to take either of them seriously. It's been that way since NXT. I can't speak on their work prior. I dig their team and I think they'll thrive way more now that there are tag-team championships. That should be a good path for Peyton to break off and become the next big thing.

BuffyRocks
February 22nd, 2019, 3:26 PM
I think Peyton is the future. The problem is they are such a comedic act that it's difficult to take either of them seriously. It's been that way since NXT. I can't speak on their work prior. I dig their team and I think they'll thrive way more now that there are tag-team championships. That should be a good path for Peyton to break off and become the next big thing.

I don't know. I think Peyton absolutely could be a dark horse for the future of the women's division, especially the tag division. But for now I just don't see her as much more than a secondary player. She's more than a jobber and I bet she will pick up some title reigns, but I just don't know if she is capable of captivating an entire audience like Charlotte and Becky can. BUT this is one of those cases where I 100% want to be proven wrong :)

Sasori
February 22nd, 2019, 5:06 PM
Peyton looked pretty good in NXT and has a legit Finisher with the Widow's Peak. I expected more from her after coming to the main roster, but she's been unimpressive so far. That doesn't mean things can't change.

BGMaverick
February 23rd, 2019, 2:43 PM
A big issue for Peyton is the fact they want to make The IIconics as obnoxious as humanly possible when they talk. I mean, that's part of the way to get heat and they've already crossed that threshold but it feels like they don't know when to allow them to hit another gear when they're writing for them. It's just foot on the gas and make them sound annoying as possible.

VHS
February 23rd, 2019, 5:49 PM
I think Peyton is the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4GCY69cn3A

BuffyRocks
February 23rd, 2019, 7:04 PM
Did anyone else know that Jazzy (Alpha Female) and Kay Lee Ray were signed to NXT UK? And I hear whisperings that Viper might also be signed? The NXT UK women's division is looking hella strong now (in terms of in-ring skill).

mth
February 23rd, 2019, 7:11 PM
I did not hear about Jazzy. Where'd you hear that? I would prefer we get more of these talented women on a brand other than the NXT I don't watch, though.

BGMaverick
February 23rd, 2019, 7:22 PM
I did not hear about Jazzy. Where'd you hear that? I would prefer we get more of these talented women on a brand other than the NXT I don't watch, though.

I know they were both at the Takeover Blackpool. I imagine that was enough of a flag of notice that they'll be headed there. The last I read (which was at least a month or two ago) is that Viper is still headed towards WWE. Seems like she'd be a fit for the UK Brand.

BuffyRocks
February 23rd, 2019, 7:50 PM

Apparently they announced it at the most recent NXT Takeover, about Jazzy and Kay Lee (I could be completely wrong, though). That would be fantastic if Jazzy, Viper, and Kay Lee were all signed. With Rhea, Toni, Killer Kelly, and Jinny, that brand is looking extremely strong. I don't know much about Isla, and honestly haven't been that impressed with Xia Brookside, but if those are the two weakest links... yeah, they are doing things right I suppose.

mth
February 23rd, 2019, 9:57 PM
So regarding confirmation of signings...
I just read Viper debuted at the most recent tapings.

Since we're here, i also read about Kay Lee Ray debuting at recent tapings, too.

Nash Diesel
February 24th, 2019, 8:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4GCY69cn3A

Back in 2000 I dont think I looked at Trish as the legend she'd become.

Side note...

Asuka v ????

IMO just have a fatal fourway or interbrand gauntlet. Asuka v NXT Smackdown Raw and NXT UK.

Or v. Evans, Peyton, and Naomi

VHS
February 25th, 2019, 2:29 PM
Back in 2000 I dont think I looked at Trish as the legend she'd become.

Side note...

Asuka v ????

IMO just have a fatal fourway or interbrand gauntlet. Asuka v NXT Smackdown Raw and NXT UK.

Or v. Evans, Peyton, and Naomi

So is that a yes or no to the question?

Nash Diesel
February 25th, 2019, 3:14 PM
So is that a yes or no to the question?

The "????" was to signify she doesn't have an opponent yet. Followed by my opinion on what they should/could possibly do.

VHS
February 25th, 2019, 5:21 PM
I'm referring to the question about Peyton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZH32XFYeaM

mth
February 27th, 2019, 12:38 PM
Just saw on Facebook:

Say hello to the 5️⃣ newest Superstars to join the NXT UK brand: Ilja Rukober, Kay Lee Ray, Jazzy Gabert, Oliver Sauter and Jay Melrose!
:yes: So stoked that Jazzy's back.

VHS
February 27th, 2019, 9:34 PM
Yeah, I was certain she was done. Glad she's back and can't wait to see her wreck house.

BuffyRocks
March 2nd, 2019, 4:30 AM
A work? A shoot? Thoughts?

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/03/wwe-stars-make-fun-of-becky-lynch-ronda-rousey-twitter-war-651501/

Personally, I think Ronda uses swear words like a 13 year old and it is super awkward. And Becky is basically the queen of shade.

Sasori
March 2nd, 2019, 4:16 PM
I think Ronda worked herself into a shoot while Becky is just being Becky.

The best thing to come out of this twitter beef might be the responses from the other wrestlers on the main roster. Luke Harper's was perfect :lol:

PT*Paratroopa
March 2nd, 2019, 4:24 PM
Ronda just sucks and I can't wait until she goes. She's so bad at doing promos that she can't even do them on social media where she doesn't have to worry about stumbling over her words 17 times and getting booed by a crowd.

Badger
March 2nd, 2019, 5:02 PM
Kotre and Jarrod have just put on a great debate about who Asuka's Wrestlemania opponent should be. Trish Stratus or Rhea Ripley.

If anyone has a spare moment, please vote.

Nash Diesel
March 3rd, 2019, 4:31 PM
I think Ronda worked herself into a shoot while Becky is just being Becky.

The best thing to come out of this twitter beef might be the responses from the other wrestlers on the main roster. Luke Harper's was perfect :lol:

That's exactly it

She worked herself into a shoot trying to be edgy. I'm tellin ya she did the same shit in MMA.

BuffyRocks
March 3rd, 2019, 5:28 PM
I bet Rhea and Asuka could be one a hell of a match! I seriously wouldn't mind seeing Rhea make the jump to the main roster later this year, as long as they actually have something for her.

I seriously think she and Kacy will be two of the top female stars of the company in a few years after they are done with NXT.

Badger
March 3rd, 2019, 5:32 PM
I bet Rhea and Asuka could be one a hell of a match! I seriously wouldn't mind seeing Rhea make the jump to the main roster later this year, as long as they actually have something for her.

I seriously think she and Kacy will be two of the top female stars of the company in a few years after they are done with NXT.

If you feel that way, go vote in Jarrod/Kotre. :yes:

BGMaverick
March 3rd, 2019, 7:04 PM

I see that more than Nash Diesel's assessment that Peyton Royce will be the one.

Kotre
March 3rd, 2019, 7:36 PM
One thing I REALLY want to see is Rhea vs Charlotte.

Like as soon as I saw her in the rumble it was one of my big takeaways.

PT*Paratroopa
March 3rd, 2019, 8:00 PM
The same Twitter account that said Honky Tonk was going into the Hall of Fame before WWE announced it last week said that Torrie Wilson was going to be an inductee this year. Thoughts?

I don't have a huge aversion to Torrie because she was one of the main female stars in WCW/WWE for almost a decade, just curious how they're going to package that when so much of screentime was wrapped up in the sexuality and messiness that they avoid these days. And if they're going to put Torrie in, it's still a wonder to me that Sable still isn't in. And in general I was really hoping for this to be Molly's year after she inducted Ivory in 2018.

Badger
March 3rd, 2019, 8:51 PM
Sable will get in soon I'm sure. After all she lapped up Vince's money and make out with him in 2003ish after a sexual harassment suit.

Rancid_Planet
March 3rd, 2019, 9:09 PM
There's been a lot of rumors that Sable doesn't want in for whatever reason.

I'm fine with Torre going in. She was a big name for a long time regardless of her wrestling.

Badger
March 3rd, 2019, 9:13 PM
The segments with Maven, Tajiri, Dawn Marie and her dad were so bad it was bloody funny!

mth
March 3rd, 2019, 10:01 PM
I'll echo all the above stuff about Rhea Ripley. Love her and would love to see her jump to the main roster and tear things up soon. She's the future.

There's been a lot of rumors that Sable doesn't want in for whatever reason.

I'm fine with Torre going in. She was a big name for a long time regardless of her wrestling.
Yeah, people seem to overlook that people can be asked to be in but turn it down. Can't always assume folks aren't in because WWE doesn't want them in.

Badger
March 3rd, 2019, 10:04 PM
It's not like Sable to say no.

*buh-dum shhhhh*

BuffyRocks
March 3rd, 2019, 10:04 PM
I see that more than Nash Diesel's assessment that Peyton Royce will be the one.

Don't get me wrong, I think Peyton is entertaining as hell. And I may be in the minority, but I actually quite like her and Billie both on the mic. They aren't dropping pipe bomb promos, mostly because I think whoever writes their stuff is lame, but they are highly entertaining on the mic. Peyton and Billie both are ridiculously average in the ring for their 10-12 years of being in the business, which is honestly the biggest let down to me, plus they are booked as comedic jobbers. But if Peyton can get beyond her horrendous booking, I could totally see her being pushed as a bigger player.

As for now though, nope.

Badger
March 3rd, 2019, 10:22 PM
I lobve them. Iiconics as tag champs needs to hapoen at some point. Their shit impressions just make their heel act even better.

mth
March 4th, 2019, 12:17 AM
IIconics are great for what they are but i don't see them being much more than what they are, outside of tag champs, which they totally should be. Joint women's champ could also be fun.

Nash Diesel
March 4th, 2019, 12:33 PM

Give it time. Peyton Royce is the future. Along with the other 2 names you mentioned. But Peyton will be the #1 female in the company mark my words.

And no, I'm not into placing bets.

BGMaverick
March 4th, 2019, 4:13 PM
Give it time. Peyton Royce is the future. Along with the other 2 names you mentioned. But Peyton will be the #1 female in the company mark my words.

I didn't mention them initially but I see a clearer pathway for them, compared to Royce.

That's not something you can easily or tangibly track in order to make a bet. The other ones were, haha.

Nash Diesel
March 4th, 2019, 4:46 PM
I didn't mention them initially but I see a clearer pathway for them, compared to Royce.

That's not something you can easily or tangibly track in order to make a bet. The other ones were, haha.

Ok yes, you didn't mention Kacy and Rhea initially....lol.

BuffyRocks
March 4th, 2019, 9:36 PM

Like I said, I am totally into that as a scenario that happens! But I do hope she gets a run or two (or three) with the tag titles. I don't ever see Peyton or Billie splitting up though. I see Billie stepping into a more managerial role for Peyton if Peyton pursues a singles career.

VHS
March 7th, 2019, 10:56 PM
8:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsy_0JSWxck

:eek:

BuffyRocks
March 8th, 2019, 1:59 PM
8:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsy_0JSWxck

:eek:

This has to be a work, right? I know Ronda's known for letting her emotions get the best of her, but no way this isn't Vince approved, right?

RuneEdge
March 8th, 2019, 2:09 PM
Whats sad to me is the thought that if this is a work, is this really where they had to go to get some heat on her?

Nash Diesel
March 8th, 2019, 2:19 PM
It's a work and a half. I've never in 10 years of following her career heard her drop 23 F'bombs like that lol. But Miesha Tate thinks that Ronda worked herself into a shoot as well and that she can't mentally distinguish fantasy from reality. Which is what makes this whole thing funny.

But I have to imagine what will happen is Becky will tap her out and build off the "So it's fake huh?" angle.

VHS
March 8th, 2019, 2:27 PM
It makes me want to see her lose even more... and lord she's doing a great job at it. :heart:

Nash Diesel
March 8th, 2019, 2:33 PM
I knew it was only a matter of time with her. She broke records in the UFC but it wasn't because everyone was wanting to see her WIN. She has a very 50/50 personality. Some days you're like wow she's pretty cool. Other days you're like, what an entitled baby....

BGMaverick
March 8th, 2019, 3:35 PM
To me it just reeks of someone who knows they're outgunned and they're desperate. Ronda is clearly inferior at providing a social media voice that catches on to the audience or that can play off an already-formed strong voice in Becky. It's pushing the envelope, which I'm fine with because it's not going to do anything radical to harm to product and has a chance to help, but it's still pretty silly coming from her.

Nash Diesel
March 8th, 2019, 3:38 PM
Kayfabe aside, it sends a weird message in terms of, if it's fake, if you can beat all their asses, why are you here?

BGMaverick
March 8th, 2019, 3:41 PM
That's not a question you're supposed to be asking, haha.

Everyone knows why though.

mth
March 8th, 2019, 7:58 PM
I am thinking her frustrations are genuine but at the same time, taking this turn and shitting on wrestling ties into the heel turn on RAW. So now everyone wants to see the wrestlers beat the crap out of her because she's shitting on the sport. So she's essentially turned heel in and out of kayfabe. This off screen stuff's just adding another layer of heat to what's going on, making people more invested, and making it more compelling from a different angle. If you're not sold on the kayfabe reasons for the feud, you've got a 'real life' feud going at the same time.

Badger
March 8th, 2019, 9:43 PM
It's Ronda with the volume turned up. They're playing on her reputation and asking her to exaggerate it.

Becky beating Ronda is the best fairytale ending for Mania. Charlotte can always get a return match because she wasn't the one who lost the match.

Heel Rousey. :yes:

BuffyRocks
March 9th, 2019, 3:30 AM
It's Ronda with the volume turned up. They're playing on her reputation and asking her to exaggerate it.

Becky beating Ronda is the best fairytale ending for Mania. Charlotte can always get a return match because she wasn't the one who lost the match.

Heel Rousey. :yes:

Nailed it. Hopefully this is exactly how it turns out.

mth
March 9th, 2019, 12:05 PM
Ok, so Ronda is clearly having tons of fun with this heel turn:
https://www.gerweck.net/2019/03/09/rousey-insults-fans-and-canada-at-non-televised-live-event-in-toronto/

Badger
March 9th, 2019, 12:14 PM
Ok, so Ronda is clearly having tons of fun with this heel turn:
https://www.gerweck.net/2019/03/09/rousey-insults-fans-and-canada-at-non-televised-live-event-in-toronto/

Incredible. I think this happened to Jericho once as well when he got mobbed while in his car. That's heel heat!

Sasori
March 9th, 2019, 6:38 PM
Ronda should have gone full Jericho and punched a fan.

Tim
March 11th, 2019, 8:37 PM
Beth looked hot as fuck at Fastlane and while I'd prefer Beth/Nia 1 on 1 I'l settle for a tag match to see Beth glamslam Nia.

Spudz Mackenzie
March 13th, 2019, 12:14 AM
Random thought: I wonder what Jim Cornette thinks about Ronda Rousey right now. He was super hyped for her coming in, fantasy booked an entire first six months for her on his podcsst. But now that she’s on Twitter calling wrestling fake, he probably wants to crucify her right next to Kevin Dunn and Vince Russo, bro.

Also, Dana Brooke just cut the best promo of her life, in her I-Phone notes, on Twitter. She’s going to be the stop-gap for Ronda before ‘Mania for sure.

Rancid_Planet
March 13th, 2019, 2:14 AM
Random thought: I wonder what Jim Cornette thinks about Ronda Rousey right now. He was super hyped for her coming in, fantasy booked an entire first six months for her on his podcsst. But now that she’s on Twitter calling wrestling fake, he probably wants to crucify her right next to Kevin Dunn and Vince Russo, bro.

Also, Dana Brooke just cut the best promo of her life, in her I-Phone notes, on Twitter. She’s going to be the stop-gap for Ronda before ‘Mania for sure.

He just addressed it on the drive thru actually.

He likes the general idea of the promos but just wishes they wouldn't go so far as to have her use words like "fake" and "phoney" because it hurts the rest of the program when it's supposed to be made clear that "THIS match is real." But overall he seems to be a fan of Ronda and this entire angle.

Nash Diesel
March 14th, 2019, 4:35 PM
Dana Brooke.....I'm still not sure to this day what the upside to her is. At all.

BuffyRocks
March 14th, 2019, 9:16 PM
Dana Brooke.....I'm still not sure to this day what the upside to her is. At all.

She's a weird one to me as well. She's woefully average at just about everything. I'm never offended by her wrestling or her promos, but she's not exactly setting the world on fire, either. I was behind her when she finally turned on Charlotte... but I honestly don't even remember how that ended, so...

She's someone I could absolutely rally behind if I were given a reason to care, but WWE doesn't seem that interested in making her more than enhancement talent. And perhaps this is a harsh opinion, but not every single person needs (or deserves) to be a champion.

3puppies
March 15th, 2019, 10:16 AM
I think this recent bit with her standing up to Ronda was the best use of Dana Brooke yet. Like most of the women who have come up as the expanded the women's roster, they bring them up to the main roster and don't give us a reason to care about them. They don't give them mic time to develop a character, and put them in short matches, often tag matches that are designed to benefit only the top stars. They have to be really exceptional in the ring to make us want to see them more.

Dana Brooke may never win a women's singles title, but I could see her doing better than she has. I'd be surprised if she ever gets a "This is Awesome!" chant or even a "You Deserve It!" but stranger things have happened.

VHS
March 15th, 2019, 4:40 PM
Dana would be fine as a manager. I think w/ the very little she was given in Titus Worldwide (ughh) she was pretty good and also when she was Dr. Brooke for the two seconds w/ Anderson and Gallows. She's a decent trash talker. I miss the good old fashioned managers that actually had attitude and pizazz like Sensational Sherry or Luna. If she's only going to be used in a wrestling capacity then she's a lost cause in my opinion. When she was called up she gained some weight and her wrestling was already starting to decline. And when she got her implants she could barely do anything without them blocking her vision.

I like Dana, but she's definitely bottom of the barrel. Her with Tamina, Nia, Alicia(:heart:), and Nattie. Not that I think Nttie is a bad wrestler because she's great as a wrestler... she's just never over and is really just kind of there. She should stay on as a coach at the PC though.

Spudz Mackenzie
March 18th, 2019, 6:28 AM
Dana Brooke is a stacked blond with big tits and a bodybuilding background.

She could've been the new Chyna, instead she's the new Asya.

Really though, the "best" thing for her would be if she ever got hurt, had to take about six months off, got back into bodybuilding shape and could return with some kind of trophy for some event she was in.

She was in the Arnold Classic, but she came in last place in everything she was in, because she was in wrestling shape, not posing shape. Apparently, there's a difference?

But she comes back with a big fuck off gold trophy, goes to Smackdown! and becomes the legit muscle for the IIconics and she'd have a good run. Hell, tag her up with Natalya as the new Divas of Doom/Pin Up Strong with "Business Suit Barbie" Beth Phoenix as their manager.

She'll never be a huge deal, but she could be a solid bit player.

Also, the best part of her in Titus Worldwide was when she'd come out with Titus and Apollo and she'd try to walk in those big strappy heels and when she'd do that stupid gesture they did, it looked like her ankles were going to snap. And then she'd walk down to the ring looking like a newborn gazelle trying to walk on ice. She can do a standing flip, but she walks like a toddler in heels. Its pretty funny.

Rancid_Planet
March 18th, 2019, 4:36 PM
Oh yeah there's a difference. Especially for the women. They aired a lot of vignettes for Dana showcasing her in competition when she debuted in NXT and she was much more defined and muscular. Ditto for Alexa Bliss. Then they start wrestling and I guess it becomes more about cardio? I don't know.

Spudz Mackenzie
March 18th, 2019, 6:35 PM
Oh yeah there's a difference. Especially for the women. They aired a lot of vignettes for Dana showcasing her in competition when she debuted in NXT and she was much more defined and muscular. Ditto for Alexa Bliss. Then they start wrestling and I guess it becomes more about cardio? I don't know.

Bodybuilder muscles are for show, not for go.

Which is why Lex Luger sucked so bad. The dude was built like a Ferrari, but he had a moped engine inside. He always had the "show", he never worked hard or cared enough to have the "go".

Man, I'd love to see a really jacked up Alexa Bliss.

It'd look like your toddler got into your steroids and then hit the weight room. 100 pounds of muscle on an angry Gremlin.

Rancid_Planet
March 18th, 2019, 7:30 PM
Ugh that's like those pics of ripped babies on twitter. Ewwww.

Rancid_Planet
March 23rd, 2019, 1:33 PM
Alexa actually wrestled at a house show last night. It appears she's finally been medically cleared.

Sasori
March 23rd, 2019, 3:21 PM
The earlier reports that she was cleared must have been pre-mature.

Rancid_Planet
March 23rd, 2019, 10:07 PM
Maybe she was but it just wasn't good enough for management. Who knows?

kangus
March 23rd, 2019, 10:34 PM
Who is the one we saw at the Rumble? Really green but super athletic and she did a full sit up outside on the ring post. I'd say she has serious potential.

Rancid_Planet
March 24th, 2019, 12:14 AM
Who is the one we saw at the Rumble? Really green but super athletic and she did a full sit up outside on the ring post. I'd say she has serious potential.

The American Ninja lady?

mth
March 24th, 2019, 12:29 AM
Kacy Catanzaro. She's going to be something.

kangus
March 24th, 2019, 2:02 AM
That's her!

Badger
March 24th, 2019, 2:29 PM
Alexa actually wrestled at a house show last night. It appears she's finally been medically cleared.

This is gonna sound bad but I care more about that than Becky winning at Mania.

Fanny Batter
March 24th, 2019, 2:56 PM
Yeah, the women's division of the future will be in good hands. Ripley, Belair, Cantenzaro and Sane have big time superstar potential along with talent, and Storm, Shirai, Bayzler and a few others should be stalwarts as well. This is just 5 years of work. Look at that women's match at Wrestlemania 30 - Aksana, Eva Marie, Cameron, Rosa Mendes - and you see how far the division has come.

Nash Diesel
March 24th, 2019, 7:45 PM
I just watched Mania 31. I miss AJ Lee so fucking much. Like Beth Phoenix , she deserved a better crop of women to work with.

Would Ronda v AJ Lee be money? Could she return and be met with possibly a Hardy level return pop?

As far as Dana goes....she's just bland. Even her background is bland. And I'm sorry but you can't look at her and go why did you ruin your lips....? Why?? Paige why?

G-Fresh
March 25th, 2019, 12:27 AM
Dana was pornstar hot when she was with Titus.

Spudz Mackenzie
March 25th, 2019, 3:51 AM
Dana was pornstar hot when she was with Titus.

Like a modern day Alexandra York "bend her over the desk and give it to her until your knees buckle" kind of "hot secretary" hot.

:dunno:

What, just me?

Rancid_Planet
March 25th, 2019, 5:48 AM
Oh no she definitely had the hot librarian thing going on.

Spudz Mackenzie
March 25th, 2019, 7:58 AM
Just found out Nikki Bella is retiring.

And nothing of value was lost... :wave:

Peter Griffin
March 25th, 2019, 8:01 AM
Like a modern day Alexandra York "bend her over the desk and give it to her until your knees buckle" kind of "hot secretary" hot.

:dunno:

What, just me?

Are you feeling ok lately? Some of your posts have been pretty mad and I have some expertise in that area.

3puppies
March 25th, 2019, 11:45 AM
Just found out Nikki Bella is retiring.

And nothing of value was lost... :wave:

Will the Bella twins be inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2020, or will they have to wait a few years?

Sasori
March 25th, 2019, 1:28 PM
I feel like we have this discussion every time a new crop of women establishes themselves in NXT. We have high expectations, but WWE's booking always lets us down. Look at the most recent call ups that had us excited:

- Asuka is the Smackdown Women's Champion, and yet she still doesn't have an opponent for WrestleMania.
- Ruby Riott hasn't made any impact despite having a stable to back her up.
- Ember Moon is injured, but wasn't doing anything of note beforehand.
- Nikki Cross is MIA.

It doesn't help that for, the last 2 yrs., the top woman on RAW was untouchable. First it was Alexa, and now it's Ronda. You can't build a division without any rivalries. Thankfully, the Tag Titles will create more opportunities. With so many women on the main roster, it would make sense to have more frequent title changes.

BGMaverick
March 25th, 2019, 2:21 PM
You could say that and it holds water but it feels like they’re doing more with the women in terms of character development and stories compared to the men. Both sexes have pretty rough resumes if you put them side by side but I would say the women have been more compelling in terms of week-to-week stories and characters.

Mazer
March 25th, 2019, 4:19 PM
I feel like we have this discussion every time a new crop of women establishes themselves in NXT. We have high expectations, but WWE's booking always lets us down. Look at the most recent call ups that had us excited:

- Asuka is the Smackdown Women's Champion, and yet she still doesn't have an opponent for WrestleMania.
- Ruby Riott hasn't made any impact despite having a stable to back her up.
- Ember Moon is injured, but wasn't doing anything of note beforehand.
- Nikki Cross is MIA.

It doesn't help that for, the last 2 yrs., the top woman on RAW was untouchable. First it was Alexa, and now it's Ronda. You can't build a division without any rivalries. Thankfully, the Tag Titles will create more opportunities. With so many women on the main roster, it would make sense to have more frequent title changes.

this has caused issues, and not just for the supporting characters. It causes problems.

Remember what happened to Supergirl when she was on her high horse.

VHS
March 25th, 2019, 4:20 PM
Are you feeling ok lately? Some of your posts have been pretty mad and I have some expertise in that area.

We are friends now.

Rancid_Planet
March 25th, 2019, 4:26 PM
Will the Bella twins be inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2020, or will they have to wait a few years?

They'll put them in quick I'd imagine.

Peter Griffin
March 25th, 2019, 4:30 PM
We are friends now.

Only if you stop that ghastly Friday thread.

VHS
March 25th, 2019, 4:39 PM
Only if you stop that ghastly Friday thread.

You can't stop Friday.

Spudz Mackenzie
March 25th, 2019, 5:53 PM

I'm fine. Fine as fine can be.

Just took the observation a little too far.

My bad.

Sasori
March 25th, 2019, 7:17 PM
You could say that and it holds water but it feels like they’re doing more with the women in terms of character development and stories compared to the men. Both sexes have pretty rough resumes if you put them side by side but I would say the women have been more compelling in terms of week-to-week stories and characters.

I agree the women have been given more development in general. The bar has been set so low for the men that, by comparison, the women look allot better.

VHS
March 25th, 2019, 7:43 PM
I agree the women have been given more development in general. The bar has been set so low for the men that, by comparison, the women look allot better.

It's one of the list of things WWE has needed to change for years. They've only been set on a small portion of the roster and the rest get table scraps.

BGMaverick
March 28th, 2019, 10:33 AM
Piper Niven feuding with Rhea Ripley on NXT UK: should be entertaining.

mth
March 28th, 2019, 10:35 AM
I'll definitely be making a point of watching their match.

Spudz Mackenzie
April 2nd, 2019, 1:09 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ2T96M6ajg&feature=youtu.be

Why the Hell isn't Nikki Cross on TV every week, being built up as the next major Women's Championship contender? This was fantastic.

Let Nikki play.

Rancid_Planet
April 2nd, 2019, 1:11 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ2T96M6ajg&feature=youtu.be

Why the Hell isn't Nikki Cross on TV every week, being built up as the next major Women's Championship contender? This was fantastic.

Let Nikki play.

My thoughts are that Vince has no idea what the fuck he's supposed to do with her.

He doesn't even know what to do with Asuka. He'll never figure out Nikki Cross.

BuffyRocks
April 2nd, 2019, 1:24 AM
My thoughts are that Vince has no idea what the fuck he's supposed to do with her.

He doesn't even know what to do with Asuka. He'll never figure out Nikki Cross.

Which is a shame because Cross is a fantastic wrestler, and is like super committed to her character. I still can't quite believe that he last minute scrapped the fatal 4 way just so he could reward Charlotte her 8th title reign and in the process bury Asuka a fucking week out from WM.

the_man_diva
April 11th, 2019, 10:26 PM
The bitch is back. And it feels good to be "home."

First, they'll always be Divas to me, don't give a shit. Don't @ me, lol.

Secondly, straight-to-the-point, yes... Asuka deserves/deserved better, but if anyone thought for a second that she (and the SmackDown! Women's Title) weren't going to be overshadowed by the monumental push of Ronda and Becky - and then Charlotte - then you're horribly naive. I adore Asuka, however, she's in need of a change, whether it's character direction or what, and the title loss - for me anyway - is a signal of impending change. I fully expect her to show up on RAW and I fully expect her to cross paths with Ronda once Ronda returns from injury. It just HAS to happen (I look forward to seeing Asuka beat that aaaaaaasss lol). I'm sorry, but getting the belt off of Asuka and back onto Charlotte and into the Main Event of Mania was the only way to save the title instead of marking it as the "lesser of the two titles." It wasn't an ideal situation, but the only way that belt was not going to be overshadowed was if they had actually developed a compelling storyline for Asuka starting from TLC onward... but they didn't... and honestly, the only people outside of Charlotte that could have made Asuka and the SDL Women's Belt interesting at MANIA would have been Nikki Cross, Naomi, or a returning legend... it's a little too early for Cross, for Naomi someone would have had to have gone heel, but honestly... a returning legend would have been amazing. Trish Stratus would have been a really good call with Asuka going over, obviously. But, alas.

Thirdly, I was more excited for the Hall of Fame. For the first time ever, four women were inducted. Sue won the Warrior Award and it was so wonderful to have Luna, Chyna, and Torrie all honored. Luna deserved it, and it makes sense that she received a Legacy Award because, honestly, while her WWE career wasn't really the most HOF-worthy, she most definitely had a stellar career total, across all promotions. I know some people were salty about her being inducted as part of the Legacy Class but, honestly, SHE'S IN. Other women that received the Legacy Award? Mildred Burke, the first... for one. Mildred was the Trish AND the Chyna before they ever existed. Chyna being inducted with D-X was so amazing and had me crying. Torrie being honored (and seeing Stacy return and get a huge pop) was amazing especially since the athletic women of today like to sneer their noses at "the Divas" when, in reality, if it weren't for the women like Torrie who had to put up with all the shit they had to do in the ring, most times there never would have been a women's segment.

Finally, I'm very excited for the Superstar Shake-Up. I'm not looking forward to having Lacey Evans on my screen more - since I have heard form indie talents she's a homophobe, but whatever, those gays still eat Chik-Fil-A - but I'm excited to see where everyone places and think that Naomi, Asuka, and Lana should go over to RAW and that Sasha, Bayley, and Mickie should go over to SmackDown!

Rancid_Planet
April 11th, 2019, 10:29 PM
I think that's a good point about protecting the Smackdown Women's belt.

3puppies
April 11th, 2019, 11:16 PM
It was perhaps the best thing to do under the circumstances. They painted themselves into a corner. Maybe they were hoping to get Trish, or Lita, or had other plans for the Glamazon.

the_man_diva
April 15th, 2019, 6:41 AM
So, recent rumor/news round-up.

Nia Jax is officially out for a bit, having to have surgery on both of her knees (I believe both her ACL's), which would explain why the Tag Titles went to The IIconics instead of her and Tamina possibly? In any event, hope Nia comes back and recuperates quickly. She frustrates me with how she carries herself on Social Media sometimes, but for the most part, I like her. This, however, is bad news for Tamina who, more than likely, is going to languish without Nia... and this is nothing personal on Tamina since I don't know her, but let's face it, she was riding them coattails hard. LOL.

Anyone else keeping up with the alleged Sasha/Bayley drama... like, I'm having a hard time believing it's real because these days "real life" is the new kayfabe, but reports are circulating that the two allegedly laid down on the floor of their hotel and backstage to protest dropping the belts? Sasha tweeted that in order to be the face of the women she has to be blonde with boob implants (a definite throwing of shade on her "friend" Charlotte)? I'm just so confused by all this because I think this is just a tacky way to go about a storyline if it's a work, and I think it's horribly tacky and highly unprofessional for Sasha and Bayley to co-sign this shit if it's a shoot. Like, bitch, it was all about you for like two years... Bayley, they tried with you but you can't adapt to a crowd, chica... and you're still getting hella merch, adverts, AND get all these big matches and opportunities. Like, wrestling's give and take... right now, I'm on a big upswing in my own wrestling "career," but I know that in a couple months it'll be my turn to start laying down to build up and feature someone else. I'm honestly hoping none of this is true because I'll be hard-pressed to give either one a shot again if this is their real attitude.

Conflicting reports and rumors state Ronda is healing a broken hand... while others are saying she's done and gonna go off the grid to start a family. Either way, bye. Really liked when she came in, but towards the tail end of this feud with Becky and Charlotte, that whole video of her calling wrestling fake and stuff, it just really rubbed me the wrong way because you're basically going into business for yourself and negating ANY kind of outcome that takes place at 'Mania. SMH.

With Ronda on the shelf/possibly gone... Nia injured... and the weird drama with Sasha/Bayley that may/may not be a work... that leaves 4 crucial spots open for other girls to step up.

3puppies
April 15th, 2019, 9:22 AM
I agree that Tamina's pairing with Nia was more about keeping Nia as a huge threat, and Tamina was along for the ride. I hope Nia comes back quickly, because she's one of the top women they have.

I'm not so sure what to make about Sasha/Bailey - I get their frustration because the past couple of years has been a waste of both of them. I don't think the IIconics are nearly at the same level in the ring, but I think they will be getting a lot of time so we will find out if they are worth their mettle.

How long is Beth Phoenix planning to hang around? I got the impression she may be sticking around a little while, which would be a great thing.

Nash Diesel
April 15th, 2019, 11:17 AM
When you have 2 "world champions" so to speak, 1 is going to outshine the other depending on the storyline and brand. I have a hard time imagining Smackdown's world title match without Kofi being even remotely as big of a deal. Kevin Owens v. Daniel Bryan is a great match but nothing significant compared to Lesnar v. Seth Rollins.

The WWE could have EASILY put Asuka in a fatal fourway and had her look super strong by going over. Because now what? You have Becky and Lacey Evans, 2 talents who for the last 4-5 months have been on both shows, feuding. Over what belt? Both? Who knows.

Also, not sure what I think about Sasha and Bayley and these rumors. Sasha posted a pic of them with the IIconics after they lost at Mania so take that for what it's worth.

BuffyRocks
April 15th, 2019, 4:13 PM
What I find interesting about Sasha/Bayley is... they have a right to be upset. You can enjoy 60% of your job and still be frustrated with the other 40%. Also, who cares how they acted backstage or in their own hotel room? They went out to WM like professionals and without hesitation put over their real life friends, Billie and Peyton.

Also, the division has never been about Bayley and hasn't been about Sasha since SummerSlam 2017. They floundered for the remainder of 2017, had a brilliant Sasha vs Bayley feud squandered because WWE writers are idiots, and for most of 2018 were either left off of PPVs, or were thrown into countless tag matches against Riott Squad on RAW. Bayley literally didn't appear on a PPV from Feb. 25 Elimination Chamber to Oct. 28 Evolution, and I am not counting the battle royal pre-show of WM. Sasha had MITB in June but then she wasn't in a PPV until Evolution.

I'd honestly be disgruntled, too. I understand that wrestling, much like life, goes through ebbs and flows and what have you. But it's not like they were being handed golden opportunities every week and they were just failing to capitalize. Plus, it must be upsetting to watch women like Bliss, Ronda, and the Bellas take center stage in the women's division, when Sasha and Bayley are unequivocally better in ring than those ladies.

I know, Bay/Say will no doubt end up in the HoF one day, so sorry if I come off as a crazy apologist for them. I just wish they, especially Bayley, had slightly better treatment. Hopefully one or both of them goes to SD!.

RuneEdge
April 15th, 2019, 4:33 PM
https://i.imgur.com/i3kgvAX.png
She ain't gonna be back for a while then.

3puppies
April 15th, 2019, 5:00 PM
I don't mind them pushing Bliss more than Bayley/Sasha because what Bliss lacks in the ring, she more than makes up for on the mic. In the ring, on a 10 pt scale, Sasha is maybe an 8.5, Bayley is 7.3, and Bliss is 6.5. But on the mic, Bliss is 9.8 while Sasha is maybe a 7.1 and Bayley 6.5.

Sasori
April 15th, 2019, 5:16 PM
How did you come up those numbers? Why is Sasha a 7.1 on the mic and not a 7.2?

Rancid_Planet
April 15th, 2019, 5:26 PM
I don't mind them pushing Bliss more than Bayley/Sasha because what Bliss lacks in the ring, she more than makes up for on the mic. In the ring, on a 10 pt scale, Sasha is maybe an 8.5, Bayley is 7.3, and Bliss is 6.5. But on the mic, Bliss is 9.8 while Sasha is maybe a 7.1 and Bayley 6.5.

As a face, 7.1 is generous for Sasha.

As a heel, she would put Alexa to shame. I feel like that's why it won't happen till they get them on different rosters. Alexa can't pull off babyface at all without coming off as generic. And she's a big star for them who they like very much so they aren't going to jeaporadize her position for the likes of Sasha who, as you said, can always get by on her wrestling.

the_man_diva
April 16th, 2019, 8:03 AM
I'm treating all this stuff with Bayley and Sasha as rumor until proven otherwise, because it could very well all just be a work.

With that said, if all that we've heard turned out to be true, I'd be annoyed. Look, I'm not going to sit here and congratulate anyone for DOING THEIR JOB and being professional. I've grown so fucking tired as a wrestler myself of people congratulating others for professional. No, that's you're fucking job... go out there, drop the belts. Go out there, put someone over. Go out there, entertain that crowd. It's not like the girls were asked to go out there and flash their tits or anything of the sort, it was decided to drop the belts to a heel team to give The IIconics some steam. Now, it's the IIconics' turn to either sink or swim. You can guaran-damn-tee that if they fail, the belts will go right back to Sasha and Bayley. In essence, the two do not need the belts to get over, they can do that on their own. The IIconics need it right now and the chase is always better anyway. Protesting losing the belt? Did Jacqueline lay on the floor of her hotel room when she had to drop the belt to Sable (and she didn't even have a title belt when she WON the title)? Nope. Did Lita protest when they had her put over Stacy, Torrie, and a very green Trish or Stephanie? Nope. When Sable didn't bring the Women's Title to shows so she wouldn't have to drop it to Luna, that made me sad and angry. When Chyna thought she was too good to face the other women when she wasn't the best wrestler herself, that made me angry and sad as well... and those two are my absolute faves.

Sasha and Bayley, if all this is true, need to grow up. They made history as the "first-ever" Women's Tag Team Champions, they have been involved in so many legendary moments and milestones in their short WWE careers, but in the same breath... many fans got tired of Sasha during her feud with Charlotte; many fans started disconnecting from Bayley as well. The greatest hindrance, I feel, to Sasha is her relationship with Bayley. And vice-versa. We need super-babyface hugger Bayley with better mic skills, and she can be that over on SmackDown! against a super heel Charlotte or can have a wrestling-program with Asuka. Sasha? We need BOSS Sasha, full-blown heel, and we need her without her super-fan-friendly/goody-two-shoes bestie dragging her down. Let mean Sasha out to play, especially with Lacey Evans on RAW, ESPECIALLY with super-hot Becky right now, and especially once Nia gets back. That will solve so many issues. Sasha will be happier in real-life and the crowd will be entertained.

If anything, dropping the Tag Titles could facilitate a feud between Sasha and Bayley. Get in a rematch with the IIconics. Have Bayley take the pin again. Sasha's finally had it, goes full blown heel. Beats her ass, you can get Becky involved even, then throw in Lacey. Maybe Becky comes to Bayley's aid (because God knows that crowd MAY turn against Bayley just to cheer for Boss Sasha), you freshen things up; don't hold back, let it rip.

The person who should be frustrated is Mickie James. It's fucking criminal that she's not being utilized to her full potential. I really want crazy Mickie to return.

Romford Pele
April 16th, 2019, 8:45 AM
Unfortunately Mickie, like Natalya, are considered 'past it' by Vince.

The only woman he seems to fully trust in the division is Charlotte. Becky for sure was not pencilled to be in the title match at Mania. Rousey is gone. Asuka has been buried.

So yeah, I would be pissed if I was Sasha or Bayley. They are miles ahead of the other tag teams and most of the singles competitors.

BGMaverick
April 16th, 2019, 9:33 AM
Natalya clearly has a role, so she’ll be on TV when they need to put someone in a safe scenario. Natalya is reliable in the ring and obviously credible as an opponent but that credibility is eventually going to erode (if it hasn’t already) if she keeps losing. Meanwhile, Mickie is trying to get herself over as the Monday Night MILF.

With Sasha and Bayley, I’m still of the belief they’re more than okay in terms of being upset if they actually are upset. I don’t see it as irrational. Thing is, not everyone can be at the top and they were not resonating/clicking with the audience to its maximum when they were in their high tide moments. Definitely not as much as Becky was during the summer of last year. If there’s a failure to connect, they can’t entirely wipe their hands of the matter and say it’s all booking. They are at fault to some extent, as well.

BGMaverick
April 16th, 2019, 10:30 AM
https://i.imgur.com/i3kgvAX.png
She ain't gonna be back for a while then.

As a wise person once said, congratulations on the sex.

Nash Diesel
April 16th, 2019, 11:10 AM
I'm just going to say it but Natalya is super overrated. Probably the most overrated female wrestler on the roster. She just goes through the motions. It's like watching Lance Storm's WWE run. Or a John Cena match from 2009. She has shown plenty of potential over the years and I feel like she was maybe in the wrong era for a long time, she probably should have been in TNA during the Gail Kim-Awesome Kong years and THEN make her way to the WWE around the time AJ Lee and Paige are mixing it up.

There was a point where she was left out of the stable wars that were going on and I thought they would have brought her in as a destroyer, fucking up everyone and winning the championship.

Beth Phoenix and Natalya as a tag-team though is great for Natalya. I hope they do more together because Beth Phoenix, arguably in the top 5 of the last 20 years for me.

3puppies
April 16th, 2019, 2:11 PM
Nattie is not overrated, unless someone is rating her higher than the upper midcard of the ladies division. I don't think she just goes through the motions at all. She is a solid worker most of the time, but she's never been flashy. She can more than hold her own on the mic - but they never seem to give her or any of the ladies a decent storyline that is not about the chase for the title. She is not a Charlotte, Becky, Asuka, Naomi, Sasha, Mickie, nor Ember Moon when it comes to ring work. But she is better than an awful lot of the ladies on both rosters. She knows how to throw a forearm or a kick and make it look real. And you forget that her selling is better than all but a handful of the women's roster.

Your problem with her is more of a problem with the booking. She's been given garbage roles like being a valet to Khali and Hornswoggle, or the infamous farting gimmick. But she's also been used to try to help get a lot of newcomers over - and that hurts her credibility. She's taken more than her share of losses in tag matches where the goal of the match is to protect her tag partner, and get others over. At some point, losses matter, but I'd argue that she has built up enough credibility that she's been able to overcome a lot of this, and she still has value in doing this. Based on the booking, it didn't make sense for her to be challenging Becky for the title, but nobody really expected that anyway. We know she is being used to help build up Lacey Evans, so she will look more like a legit contender.

When you say she's super overrated, the most overrated female wrestler on the roster, it makes me think she's like Rey Misterio. She's been around a long time, and the crowd usually enjoys her matches even though we don't expect her to win anymore.

There's no doubt that she will be a HOF'er shortly after she retires.

Nash Diesel
April 16th, 2019, 2:17 PM
Nattie is not overrated, unless someone is rating her higher than the upper midcard of the ladies division. I don't think she just goes through the motions at all. She is a solid worker most of the time, but she's never been flashy. She can more than hold her own on the mic - but they never seem to give her or any of the ladies a decent storyline that is not about the chase for the title. She is not a Charlotte, Becky, Asuka, Naomi, Sasha, Mickie, nor Ember Moon when it comes to ring work. But she is better than an awful lot of the ladies on both rosters. She knows how to throw a forearm or a kick and make it look real. And you forget that her selling is better than all but a handful of the women's roster.

Your problem with her is more of a problem with the booking. She's been given garbage roles like being a valet to Khali and Hornswoggle, or the infamous farting gimmick. But she's also been used to try to help get a lot of newcomers over - and that hurts her credibility. She's taken more than her share of losses in tag matches where the goal of the match is to protect her tag partner, and get others over. At some point, losses matter, but I'd argue that she has built up enough credibility that she's been able to overcome a lot of this, and she still has value in doing this. Based on the booking, it didn't make sense for her to be challenging Becky for the title, but nobody really expected that anyway. We know she is being used to help build up Lacey Evans, so she will look more like a legit contender.

When you say she's super overrated, the most overrated female wrestler on the roster, it makes me think she's like Rey Misterio. She's been around a long time, and the crowd usually enjoys her matches even though we don't expect her to win anymore.

There's no doubt that she will be a HOF'er shortly after she retires.

My problem is both her in-ring work is super overrated and they don't give her much to do of worth. Hall of Fame? Sure I'd buy that. She's won the championship and been around 10+ years. People have done less for sure lol.

But I disagree. I do feel like she just goes through the motions. That's not saying she's dogshit in the ring. I'm saying she's average at best but there are a lot of wrestlers and fans who consider her one of the absolute best. I don't. It has nothing to do with her position on the card, at all. It has everything to do with her being gassed up as incredible because of the Hart affiliation. Again, she's not terrible, she's average.

lotjx
April 17th, 2019, 6:45 AM
So, Sasha is done, right?

Sasori
April 18th, 2019, 6:38 PM
I think Mandy needs to make the running knee her new finisher.

https://i.imgur.com/CaUNO0D.gif

mth
April 18th, 2019, 10:21 PM
It's probably the best thing she does.

Nash Diesel
April 19th, 2019, 2:21 PM
So, Sasha is done, right?

Naw. I think she's just taking some time off.

It's probably the best thing she does.

Definitely the best. I do like her double underhook finisher but that was also one of Awesome Kong's finishers so when I see little Mandy doing it I'm like, meh, still cool but not AS cool.

VHS
April 19th, 2019, 5:03 PM
Mandy should absolutely suck, but she doesn't. She's learned so much in such a little amount of time. Love her.

Rancid_Planet
April 19th, 2019, 6:01 PM
Mandy should absolutely suck, but she doesn't. She's learned so much in such a little amount of time. Love her.

Yeah honestly it pisses me off as I do NOT like having my personal stereotypes challenged.

Mandy is a hot blonde with big tits. She should fucking SUCK and never get any better. The fact that she keeps improving is forcing me to create a new mental category for women that look like her. So fuck her.

mth
April 19th, 2019, 8:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aSsuqhp8lM
Was rather blind sided by how legit emotional this really got. Punched me right in the heart.

Sasori
April 20th, 2019, 1:39 AM

Yeah honestly it pisses me off as I do NOT like having my personal stereotypes challenged.

Mandy is a hot blonde with big tits. She should fucking SUCK and never get any better. The fact that she keeps improving is forcing me to create a new mental category for women that look like her. So fuck her.

Mandy really gets it. I wasn't sure about her for a while, but after seeing her performance in the Royal Rumble, she won me over. Mandy's kind of what Eva Marie should have been, but she actually has the talent to pull it off.

VHS
April 20th, 2019, 2:13 PM
And Mandy got into the business in the Eva Marie times, and she was even being labeled as the blonde Eva Marie. But where Eva failed (which was everwhere), Mandy has flourished. She knows how to sell, how to work a crowd, how to speak, how to play to the camera, how to cut a promo without coming off as fake, she has a moveset that fits her style, she has OOMF behind her offense, and she's actually in it to be a wrestler... not to be a model.

God, Eva was the absolute worst.

Romford Pele
April 20th, 2019, 2:26 PM
Eva was incredibly hot though.

Rancid_Planet
April 20th, 2019, 3:34 PM
Eva was incredibly hot though.

She would have been like printing money in 2001.

2015 though. She was just out of her element.

BuffyRocks
April 20th, 2019, 6:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aSsuqhp8lM
Was rather blind sided by how legit emotional this really got. Punched me right in the heart.

The WWEPC channel is awesome. Also, I didn't even know those two were that great of friends, that's so heartwarming.

Also, to the Mandy talk, yeah she has definitely made tons of improvements. I think she still has a ways to go, but I see at least a few tag team title reigns in her future.

BuffyRocks
April 25th, 2019, 8:48 PM
I'm not in love with their ring work, but holy shit these women are funny in these (likely) unscripted promos. Also, Peyton trying not to break character and laughing at the end and Billie's "you gotta be JOKING!" had me rolling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P47D1CcFXRY

VHS
April 25th, 2019, 9:52 PM
Billie has it down lol. And I love how in every segment like this Peyton is always doing her best not to smile or laugh.

Rancid_Planet
April 25th, 2019, 9:55 PM
I'm not in love with their ring work, but holy shit these women are funny in these (likely) unscripted promos. Also, Peyton trying not to break character and laughing at the end and Billie's "you gotta be JOKING!" had me rolling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P47D1CcFXRY

Billie has it down lol. And I love how in every segment like this Peyton is always doing her best not to smile or laugh.

This is why I was totally fine with putting the tag straps on them. They don't just need a bunch of great workers in the division they also need some characters, some personalities. The Iconics are stars in the making based on personality alone and this is a great way to highlight them.

mth
April 25th, 2019, 10:13 PM
IIconics may be sorely lacking in the ring but they're fucking GOLD otherwise. Totally deserving champs. Wrestling's as much about personalities/characters as it is ring skills.

Rancid_Planet
April 25th, 2019, 11:12 PM
Wrestling's as much about personalities/characters as it is ring skills.

This is something that cannot be stressed enough because it feels like the whole industry is forgetting it.

VHS
April 25th, 2019, 11:35 PM
Neville is living proof of that. He had everything a pro wrestler could want athletically, but it was only until he grew his heel character where he really started to become something special. Gosh, I miss that bloke.

Rancid_Planet
April 25th, 2019, 11:38 PM
Neville is living proof of that. He had everything a pro wrestler could want athletically, but it was only until he grew his heel character where he really started to become something special. Gosh, I miss that bloke.

It's a complete 180 from the attitude era. That's where we are. The guy that can work his ass off is now a dime a dozen while the interesting character and the good promo has become the highly prized commodity.

Romford Pele
April 26th, 2019, 8:11 AM
Main page says the potential plan for WM36 is Becky v Charlotte. Has this not been done to death? Starting to get a bit sick of Charlotte being rammed down our throats Roman Reigns style.

They need to actually build back up the likes of Asuka, Bayley etc

Also, if Sasha Banks sits out her contract at home can she legally challenge the fact that it is frozen?

Murphy
April 26th, 2019, 9:12 AM
Yeah, this company is in dire need of fresh, big matches. Becky and Charlotte AGAIN, nah.

3puppies
April 26th, 2019, 10:10 AM
Also, if Sasha Banks sits out her contract at home can she legally challenge the fact that it is frozen?

She can, but she may not win. She is presumably being paid her downside guarantee even if they aren't using her. She could probably try to challenge the independent contractor status

Mazer
April 26th, 2019, 11:55 AM
I see the same. She'd have to be willing to spend some money for a decent legal team, but I wonder how public WWE would to want make the fight on exclusivity for "independent contractors".

Spudz Mackenzie
April 28th, 2019, 4:32 AM
I’m making a bold prediction right here. For posterity’s sake.

The Sasha Banks thing is a work or it’ll be resolved if it isn’t. And Sasha will come back hot and as a heel and we’ll get Sasha/Becky for the Unified Women’s Championship in the main event at SummerSlam. It’ll be the hottest feud of the summer.

Sasori
May 8th, 2019, 1:14 PM
Bayley sent out some odd tweets on Monday that just said "no". They got allot of comments with people wondering what she was referring to. Even Kevin Nash chimed in. A few people speculated it was because the women's segments have been significantly cut and they're wrestling short matches with jobbers. Yesterday Bayley posted "Then you came and showed me how". No idea why she's being so cryptic.

BuffyRocks
May 8th, 2019, 2:51 PM
Bayley sent out some odd tweets on Monday that just said "no". They got allot of comments with people wondering what she was referring to. Even Kevin Nash chimed in. A few people speculated it was because the women's segments have been significantly cut and they're wrestling short matches with jobbers. Yesterday Bayley posted "Then you came and showed me how". No idea why she's being so cryptic.

There was a lot of back and forth with Becky I believe, so maybe they are setting something up between them eventually?

Also, the tweet (retweet? Idk... I rarely use Twitter) Bayley just sent out a few hours ago is adorable.

Nash Diesel
May 8th, 2019, 6:00 PM
Bayley just screams like someone who could benefit from a direction like Becky Lynch. Bayley coming out and talking about how ever since she's been on the main roster it's been hit or miss. That the powers that be knew what they had and dropped the ball for others that looked like everyone else.

Fuck, I would even have her say that it must be due to being a woman. Cue Stephanie, and Bayley can point out how the Authority has never backed a female unless it was her husband's idol's daughter. Idk. She doesn't need to turn heel, she just needs a little edge and her pointing out that she feels slighted while being constantly touted as one of the best....It could do her some good becuase I think a lot of fans feel that the WWE have more often than not dropped the ball with Bayley.

BuffyRocks
May 9th, 2019, 6:39 PM
Bayley just screams like someone who could benefit from a direction like Becky Lynch. Bayley coming out and talking about how ever since she's been on the main roster it's been hit or miss. That the powers that be knew what they had and dropped the ball for others that looked like everyone else.

Fuck, I would even have her say that it must be due to being a woman. Cue Stephanie, and Bayley can point out how the Authority has never backed a female unless it was her husband's idol's daughter. Idk. She doesn't need to turn heel, she just needs a little edge and her pointing out that she feels slighted while being constantly touted as one of the best....It could do her some good becuase I think a lot of fans feel that the WWE have more often than not dropped the ball with Bayley.

That would be great. I think Bayley is going to really benefit from being on SD!, and as much as I love her pairing with Sasha, unless she and Sasha are feuding, I think time away from Sasha will also do her a lot of good.

BuffyRocks
May 12th, 2019, 7:20 PM
Why has it suddenly become super cool to hate on Becky Lynch in the comments on Rajah? Lots of "she's not even popular" comments.

Sasori
May 13th, 2019, 1:44 AM
Where? It's been pretty slow here lately.

Edit: I did a quick search out of curiosity, and found this. I don't know if I buy it though.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/blakeoestriecher/2019/05/08/wwe-and-its-fans-are-already-jumping-off-the-becky-lynch-bandwagon/#5e4005703e3b

Badger
May 13th, 2019, 3:04 AM
I don't know about a drop in popularity but the article's otherwise right in that her reign has been pretty underwhelming so far and she's in danger of being overexposed. You can put that down to a lack of credible opponents because they've built the Women's Division around the same people and the others are below that glass ceiling.

BuffyRocks
May 13th, 2019, 3:18 AM
I don't know about a drop in popularity but the article's otherwise right in that her reign has been pretty underwhelming so far and she's in danger of being overexposed. You can put that down to a lack of credible opponents because they've built the Women's Division around the same people and the others are below that glass ceiling.

Would totally agree. Her pops are still massive, people are chanting Becky Two Belts, and singing her theme song over her promos... if that's a drop in popularity, then I must be watching a different show.

While I'm still unsure about Lacey Evans, the crowd seems to want Becky to shut her up. But, oh man, could they not do Charlotte vs Becky for a while after this... they always put on great matches, but I'd really like to see her feud with someone not named Charlotte.

Nash Diesel
May 13th, 2019, 9:39 AM
Why has it suddenly become super cool to hate on Becky Lynch in the comments on Rajah? Lots of "she's not even popular" comments.

Because this is what happens anytime someone gets to the top. I think a lot of us were curious if she was going to peak at Mania and then everything after wouldn't feel as big. We had the shit finish to the triple threat and not to mention, why the fuck was it a triple threat? Charlotte being added, imo, took a lot of steam out of that build. They (WWE) just couldn't let Becky have her moment without needing to include Charlotte so they can go "Charlotte Flair, also in the first ever women's main event of Mania!"

And right now you have the same old shit on Smackdown with Charlotte, a new new face at Raw but thankfully Lacey is very good at what she brings to the table. But they're not Ronda Rousey. And maybe that's what people are seeing, that since she's not feuding with a crossover star and not getting the big buzz, that her popularity is dropping or some shit idk.

Badger
May 13th, 2019, 1:27 PM
There's zero suspense and intrigue with Lacey. She's getting a Jinder Mahal-like push going from nothing to feuding with the champ. Everyone knows she's not beating Becky unless the company have flipped their heads. She was okay in NXT and the Mae Young Classic but nothing special and they give her a punch as a finisher. It made sense with Big Show because you know he's.....well big but Lacey is hardly physically imposing. Hopefully Becky's reign picks up when the Lacey shit's out of the way

BGMaverick
May 13th, 2019, 2:09 PM
There's zero suspense and intrigue with Lacey. She's getting a Jinder Mahal-like push going from nothing to feuding with the champ. Everyone knows she's not beating Becky unless the company have flipped their heads. She was okay in NXT and the Mae Young Classic but nothing special and they give her a punch as a finisher. It made sense with Big Show because you know he's.....well big but Lacey is hardly physically imposing. Hopefully Becky's reign picks up when the Lacey shit's out of the way

Jinder was a well-recognized jobber and suddenly came into the title picture after winning a six-pack challenge. We can presume the main roster is working under the impression it’s likely their audience isn’t aware of NXT in a lot of regards. So if that’s the case, you’d like to make this person matter in their first real run. Squashes, personality, TV time...anything out of that bunch is going to help. They certainly did the last two but ran it into the ground. I could very well see an instance where Lacey wins the title. In terms of imposing, have you seen her arms and shoulders? She’s not skipping those days at the gym. And just because Big Show is visually imposing doesn’t mean a middleweight boxer can’t knock someone the hell out. She’s obviously not a boxer but the notion only visually imposing people are capable of knocking people out and making it look impressive is not a wise one.

All that being said, I have major questions about her ability to carry a match and a division. What she’s done in the last 2-3 weeks have shown some signs of optimism though.

Nash Diesel
May 13th, 2019, 2:10 PM

10000% disagree about the Jinder comparison. Lacey isn't some grade A jobber who was positioned to be a main eventer to sell a billion people who don't give a fuck about wrestling to suddenly give a fuck because one of their "own" is the World champion.

No suspense or intrigue? I think there is in the sense that Becky is now defending BOTH belts on the same show, 1 against a brand new person who the company obviously has gigantic plans for or her first feud wouldn't be against the Champ Champ. So the suspense is, is Lacey going to do the "impossible?" Is Becky going to be able to hold on to BOTH or at least ONE of her belts?

And Lacey to a lot of people is still an unknown. Probably don't know her work on NXT or the MYC, about 20% of Raw and Smackdown watch NXT, maybe 30% if the numbers are legit.

It's smart on the WWE's part because Lacey can go in the ring, she's on point with her character, and she's getting a huge rub. I agree 1000000000% her finisher is dumb as fuck. "The Woman's Right" has a nice ring to it but I wish it wasn't a punch. I get it, but it's just dumb especially when as you said she's not exactly a big imposing figure.

Badger
May 13th, 2019, 2:20 PM
It's not exactly the same as Jinder no, but similar in the sense that she's been hotshotted to a main-event feud without really earning it. It's too fast and all she did was walk out randomly during matches then going away again There's no way they'll let Lacey take one of the belts when she's just been put on the main roster after Becky's Mania win unless they've completely lost their heads.

If she went after Bayley for example to build her up and introduce her properly, that I could understand it,

Nash Diesel
May 13th, 2019, 2:36 PM
It's not exactly the same as Jinder no, but similar in the sense that she's been hotshotted to a main-event feud without really earning it. It's too fast and all she did was walk out randomly during matches then going away again There's no way they'll let Lacey take one of the belts when she's just been put on the main roster after Becky's Mania win unless they've completely lost their heads.

If she went after Bayley for example to build her up and introduce her properly, that I could understand it,

They had Paige come up on her first night and beat not just the most over female, but one of the most over talents on the entire roster with 1 move in about 12 seconds. It's not like Paige was some big household name on NXT back when even less people watched that show on Hulu.

They don't pride the women's division like they do the men so it's not completely out of the box for them to hotshot a talent like Lacey Evans this way. I'm not negative toward it because she's delivering. For those of us who know her before the main roster call up, we know she is a good wrestler, probably better than Becky to be honest because Becky's not exactly Asuka. She's barely Dana Brooke.

Badger
May 13th, 2019, 2:41 PM
They had Paige come up on her first night and beat not just the most over female, but one of the most over talents on the entire roster with 1 move in about 12 seconds. It's not like Paige was some big household name on NXT back when even less people watched that show on Hulu.

They don't pride the women's division like they do the men so it's not completely out of the box for them to hotshot a talent like Lacey Evans this way. I'm not negative toward it because she's delivering. For those of us who know her before the main roster call up, we know she is a good wrestler, probably better than Becky to be honest because Becky's not exactly Asuka. She's barely Dana Brooke.

I get your point, but Lacey wasn't an OMG talent in NXT either. She wasn't amazing nor horrible, she was just there. It's random as fuck.

Barely Dana Brooke is a bit harsh. Becky was over as the fighting underdog and brings emotion to her matches even if she's not a trchnical wizard in the ring.

Nash Diesel
May 13th, 2019, 2:46 PM
I get your point, but Lacey wasn't an OMG talent in NXT either. She wasn't amazing nor horrible, she was just there. It's random as fuck.

Barely Dana Brooke is a bit harsh. Becky was over as the fighting underdog and brings emotion to her matches even if she's not a trchnical wizard in the ring.

I think most of us saw something special in Lacey from the jump. And she was booked pretty well in NXT. Paige had the benefit of being in NXT when nobody was really there.

The DB comparison was purely from a technical aspect. Becky Lynch is very average in the ring. And this all kind of ties in together because we're finding that being able to go in the ring is only half of what matters, a small half lol. It's kind of nice to see Becky up against new blood, even if they haven't "earned it".

Find me someone on the Raw roster right now that you'd rather see Becky mix it up with. I can't think of a single person that stands out, MAYBE Naomi. We know the WWE don't give a shit about Naomi unless it's February.

Sasori
May 13th, 2019, 2:53 PM
I don't buy that the fans are bailing on Becky, but I can see WWE losing interest in her. If it wasn't for Ronda, I doubt they'd have put the women in the main event. Now that she's gone, there's no incentive for them to push her or the division as a whole.

Considering Alexa has that knock out elbow, Lacey having a knock out punch is slightly more believable. I haven't seen Lacey wrestle in NXT, but I thought her punch was a set up move just like Alexa's elbow. Roman has hardly ever won a match with his superman punch. It's just to stagger his opponent and set up for the spear.

Badger
May 13th, 2019, 2:56 PM
I don't buy that the fans are bailing on Becky, but I can see WWE losing interest in her. If it wasn't for Ronda, I doubt they'd have put the women in the main event. Now that she's gone, there's no incentive for them to push her or the division as a whole.

Considering Alexa has that knock out elbow, Lacey having a knock out punch is slightly more believable. I haven't seen Lacey wrestle in NXT, but I thought her punch was a set up move just like Alexa's elbow. Roman has hardly ever won a match with his superman punch. It's just to stagger his opponent and set up for the spear.

Misread Alexa for Asuka.

Badger
May 13th, 2019, 3:40 PM
I think most of us saw something special in Lacey from the jump. And she was booked pretty well in NXT. Paige had the benefit of being in NXT when nobody was really there.

The DB comparison was purely from a technical aspect. Becky Lynch is very average in the ring. And this all kind of ties in together because we're finding that being able to go in the ring is only half of what matters, a small half lol. It's kind of nice to see Becky up against new blood, even if they haven't "earned it".

Find me someone on the Raw roster right now that you'd rather see Becky mix it up with. I can't think of a single person that stands out, MAYBE Naomi. We know the WWE don't give a shit about Naomi unless it's February.

The Raw women's roster suffer from that glass ceiling I mentioned earlier so you're right in that regard that there's not many credible who can challenge. As far as Lacey goes, I won't speak for everyone, but I didn't see anything special in Lacey. As a matter of fact, I was surprised she got called up this early when there was more talented women on that roster.

For example, Shayna's still on NXT and she's amazing. Her being called up and challenging Becky right off the bat would have been more believable because she's a killer and they could have hyped her with videos of her NXT work.

Sasori
May 13th, 2019, 4:30 PM
The Raw women's roster suffer from that glass ceiling I mentioned earlier so you're right in that regard that there's not many credible who can challenge. As far as Lacey goes, I won't speak for everyone, but I didn't see anything special in Lacey. As a matter of fact, I was surprised she got called up this early when there was more talented women on that roster.

For example, Shayna's still on NXT and she's amazing. Her being called up and challenging Becky right off the bat would have been more believable because she's a killer and they could have hyped her with videos of her NXT work.

Lacey's tall, muscular, and blonde. She's in the same mold as Charlotte from a visual standpoint. Of course she was going to get called up sooner rather than later. Being able to talk is just the icing on the cake.

Badger
May 13th, 2019, 4:34 PM
Lacey's tall, muscular, and blonde. She's in the same mold as Charlotte from a visual standpoint. Of course she was going to get called up sooner rather than later. Being able to talk is just the icing on the cake.

Granted she has got the look and like I say she's not bad. The build for her has been a bit strange though. Very Emmalina-like.

When she loses to Becky though, what does that do for her intrigue? I still think it's a mistake having her start out at the top when the casual fan who follows NXT hasn't seen what she can do in the ring?

Nash Diesel
May 13th, 2019, 4:42 PM
Being a devastating striker is Asuka's shtick though so it is more believable IMO she has a knock-out finisher over Lacey.

He said ALEXA not Asuka :)

I was a little surprised as well because I thought maybe they'd want to put the gold on her beforehand but everything about her screamed main roster. So I can agree that from your point of view it seems like maybe having someone like Shayna come in and for example, try to get that win back for Ronda even furthering a potential singles match with Becky and Ronda (FINALLY) would have been cool. But Shayna is missing a couple things. 1 is her promos are whack. 2 is that I would bet the farm that Vince looks @ a 40 year old Shayna Baszler and has zero interest in bringing her up to the main roster any time soon regardless of who she's beaten and what she's done.

Badger
May 13th, 2019, 4:45 PM
He said ALEXA not Asuka :)

I was a little surprised as well because I thought maybe they'd want to put the gold on her beforehand but everything about her screamed main roster. So I can agree that from your point of view it seems like maybe having someone like Shayna come in and for example, try to get that win back for Ronda even furthering a potential singles match with Becky and Ronda (FINALLY) would have been cool. But Shayna is missing a couple things. 1 is her promos are whack. 2 is that I would bet the farm that Vince looks @ a 40 year old Shayna Baszler and has zero interest in bringing her up to the main roster any time soon regardless of who she's beaten and what she's done.

Ah fair enough misread the Alexa part. Silly me. I was used to the DDT being Alexa's finisher and forgot she had a knock-out elbow too.

Nash Diesel
May 13th, 2019, 4:53 PM
Ah fair enough misread the Alexa part. Silly me. I was used to the DDT being Alexa's finisher and forgot she had a knock-out elbow too.

How about Nikki Bella's knockout elbow?

But Alexa throwing a strike as a finisher would be like if James Ellsworth used the Woman's Right as a finisher. I just don't see how they think that Bliss KO is believable, at all.

Badger
May 13th, 2019, 4:55 PM
Also I don't think Shayna's bad on the mic, her promos are believable enough. I'm more interested in an older Shayna getting the win back for Ronda than a Charlotte clone who can talk good challenge Becky right away but Vince likes them blondes.

Badger
May 13th, 2019, 4:57 PM

But Alexa throwing a strike as a finisher would be like if James Ellsworth used the Woman's Right as a finisher. I just don't see how they think that Bliss KO is believable, at all.

Nikki's well-built though so I can believe that more. Brie's just a stick to the point it's almost hard to believe they're twins lol.

Sasori
May 13th, 2019, 5:13 PM

I was a bit confused why you brought Asuka into this, lol.

Nikki's well-built though so I can believe that more. Brie's just a stick to the point it's almost hard to believe they're twins lol.

Don't forget that Brie, the worst of the worst, has the only legit knockout strike ;)

Badger
May 13th, 2019, 5:16 PM
:lol:

Nash Diesel
May 13th, 2019, 5:23 PM
Stomp City

Good thing Liv is a big coke head

Badger
May 13th, 2019, 5:59 PM
Is it wrong that I'm slightly attracted to Liv since the Riott Squad formed? Must be the tongue.

mth
May 13th, 2019, 9:57 PM
Liv's super cute.

VHS
May 13th, 2019, 11:43 PM
She is. I'd protect her w/ my life. :heart:

Badger
May 14th, 2019, 12:59 PM
Good to see I'm not alone innthe thought.

I think Elias and the Riott squad should interact more. They've been together in a couple of segments and they have good chemistry. They should be his full time back-up singers.

Donald
May 14th, 2019, 1:19 PM

I wish I could say the same, but if a bear was chasing us, I'd trip her so she gets eaten and I can make my escape.

Badger
May 14th, 2019, 1:25 PM
I'd give her a piggyback so I get rewarded with the blue tongue later.

Nash Diesel
May 14th, 2019, 2:43 PM
Liv's cute until she talks. Then she sounds like Mike Myers doing the Jewish coffee talk lady lol.

Side note: Sarah Logan, easily the least exciting female on the main roster. I would actually rather watch Alicia Fox and Dana Brooke main event every ppv than see Sarah Logan.

Badger
May 14th, 2019, 3:12 PM
Liv's cute until she talks. Then she sounds like Mike Myers doing the Jewish coffee talk lady lol.

Side note: Sarah Logan, easily the least exciting female on the main roster. I would actually rather watch Alicia Fox and Dana Brooke main event every ppv than see Sarah Logan.

She can talk like Christian Bale Batman for all I care.

Nash Diesel
May 14th, 2019, 3:48 PM
She can talk like Christian Bale Batman for all I care.

It'll totally fuck up the mood when she starts moaning like Bale when Bane snapped him in half.

Badger
May 14th, 2019, 4:00 PM
Hahahaaa excelkent!

Mazer
May 14th, 2019, 4:21 PM
Hahahaaa excelkent!

Excel Kent is even better PowerPoint Wayne.

I think Shayna needs to be called up. She's one of the best true heels (not heel character, but I also get a lot of cheers types) they've had in NXT. Her entourage sets her up even better, and makes a champion's chase believable.

Given the Rousey match, she'd actually have a legit reason to start a feud with Becky. I hope she costs Becky the match with Charlotte and shows up on RAW the next night.

Badger
May 14th, 2019, 4:25 PM
Excel Kent is even better PowerPoint Wayne.

I think Shayna needs to be called up. She's one of the best true heels (not heel character, but I also get a lot of cheers types) they've had in NXT. Her entourage sets her up even better, and makes a champion's chase believable.

Given the Rousey match, she'd actually have a legit reason to start a feud with Becky. I hope she costs Becky the match with Charlotte and shows up on RAW the next night.

My typo there was spreadshit.

And yeah totally agree on Shayna.

Donald
May 14th, 2019, 4:28 PM
What's Sasha Banks the boss of?

Mazer
May 14th, 2019, 4:31 PM
What's Sasha Banks the boss of?

https://www.thingsmenbuy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Screen-Shot-2017-12-18-at-11.08.39-PM-293x300.png

Nash Diesel
May 14th, 2019, 4:39 PM
You know how people are trippin about Lars Sullivan's posts from 100 years ago and he's now been "fined" $100,000 and has to take classes? Check out this Smackdown spoiler and tell me this isn't some racist shit:

*Read at your own risk*

So apparently, Asuka and Kairi Sane are known as "The Kabuki Warriors" Now I'm not saying this is on par with the N Word or anything but holy fucking shit Vince....KABUKI???? Does Vince think this is the 80's with Long Duck Dong from Sixteen Candles? Every time a Japanese wrestler is on the main roster they also do some stereotypical bullshit that screams Police Academy. Like Nakamura "I know speaka Engwish" and now you have 2 Japanese women who first off shouldn't even be a team and are only a team because of the fact they're both Japanese....but calling them the fucking KABUKI WARRIORS!?!!?!?

Kdestiny
May 14th, 2019, 4:41 PM
Yeah, that's really bad

Donald
May 14th, 2019, 4:44 PM
I preferred sky pirates

Nash Diesel
May 14th, 2019, 4:45 PM
Without going into super detail even though it's not exactly anything that would be an issue if people knew but still.....If you're so fucking out of touch with not just what's in the pro wrestling bubble but the rest of the world. But it's par for the course with these particular wrestlers.

- - - Updated - - -

I preferred sky pirates

Well dude you pretty much are making it hard to keep this under wraps lol because I have to point out you're thinking of the wrong pairing.

Badger
May 14th, 2019, 4:55 PM
You know how people are trippin about Lars Sullivan's posts from 100 years ago and he's now been "fined" $100,000 and has to take classes? Check out this Smackdown spoiler and tell me this isn't some racist shit:

*Read at your own risk*

So apparently, Asuka and Kairi Sane are known as "The Kabuki Warriors" Now I'm not saying this is on par with the N Word or anything but holy fucking shit Vince....KABUKI???? Does Vince think this is the 80's with Long Duck Dong from Sixteen Candles? Every time a Japanese wrestler is on the main roster they also do some stereotypical bullshit that screams Police Academy. Like Nakamura "I know speaka Engwish" and now you have 2 Japanese women who first off shouldn't even be a team and are only a team because of the fact they're both Japanese....but calling them the fucking KABUKI WARRIORS!?!!?!?

What the Mcfuck?

Donald
May 14th, 2019, 4:58 PM
Without going into super detail even though it's not exactly anything that would be an issue if people knew but still.....If you're so fucking out of touch with not just what's in the pro wrestling bubble but the rest of the world. But it's par for the course with these particular wrestlers.

- - - Updated - - -

Well dude you pretty much are making it hard to keep this under wraps lol because I have to point out you're thinking of the wrong pairing.

I haven't watched Smackdown in weeks so I probably am.

Nash Diesel
May 14th, 2019, 4:59 PM
I mean....Vince probably hates Triple H more than he hated Bischoff lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't watched Smackdown in weeks so I probably am.

Well, the team you're talking about only existed in NXT and one of them isn't on the main roster yet.

Donald
May 14th, 2019, 5:01 PM
I just know of Kairi Sane to be honest and that she had a tag team partner and that she's a pirate. And that her theme is my favorite.

3puppies
May 14th, 2019, 5:11 PM
Asuka deserves better than this. Much better.

BuffyRocks
May 14th, 2019, 5:42 PM
Jesus.

Also, the mashup of their themes is a musical nightmare. Like, they literally modulate a fucking tritone I believe, from B to F.

Sasori
May 14th, 2019, 5:42 PM

You'd have your work cut out for you defending her from errant Brie Bella kicks and deranged stripper poles.

Good to see I'm not alone innthe thought.

I think Elias and the Riott squad should interact more. They've been together in a couple of segments and they have good chemistry. They should be his full time back-up singers.

Pretty sure the Riott Squad are done. Liv's on Smackdown and we haven't seen much of Ruby or Sarah. Liv and Elias could be a good pairing though.

*Read at your own risk*

Someone confused Noh with Kabuki, lol. Here's an idea. Maybe they could have asked the women for ideas on what their tag name should be. Kairi is supposed to be the Pirate Princess while Asuka is the Empress. They couldn't come up with a royalty themed name? Royal Pirates?

Personally, I've been calling them "Team Scream" because, well, they scream allot.

Rancid_Planet
May 14th, 2019, 6:08 PM
Kabuki Warriors is a video game and Asuka used to write for gaming mags I believe. Maybe it's her idea?

At any rate I'm not sure I get the horribleness of the word Kabuki. Not from Wikipedia anyway.

Badger
May 14th, 2019, 6:28 PM
It could also be more of their stereotypical lol humours like Viking Raiders/Experience because they didn't want to mention the War.

Mazer
May 14th, 2019, 6:36 PM
Also, the mashup of their themes is a musical nightmare. Like, they literally modulate a fucking tritone I believe, from B to F.

I really don't understand this sentence. But I completely love it.

We shouldn't assume that wrestlers aren't at all involved in bad ideas. Yes, Vince wanted to call Mankind "Mason the Mutilator", but Bryan Danielson pitched the name "Buddy Peacock" for himself.

But yes, "Kabuki Warriors" probably came from higher up.

BuffyRocks
May 14th, 2019, 8:11 PM
I really don't understand this sentence. But I completely love it.

:lol: Basically, their themes have different tonal centers and it is jarring... no, almost offensive to my ears. They should just come out to Asuka's theme. As much as I like Kairi's, too, Asuka has one of the best themes in WWE right now.

Badger
May 15th, 2019, 12:47 PM
I was apprehensive about a women's tag division before mainly due to the lack of depth but now it's even more fucked when the cornerstone tag team (Sasha/Bayley) is now no more and the teams are either too new or just thrown together. I think they were just better off as they were just having tag matches to promote ongoing feuds rather than making a whole division about it.

Going further that, the Women's Revolution concept for equality in general was a good idea in theory but it's been very poorly executed.

Sasori
May 15th, 2019, 12:55 PM
I enjoy the IIconics antics, but they're doing nothing with those belts. At least put them on Mandy & Sonya or the Kabuki Warriors so their feud has more on the line.

Nash Diesel
May 15th, 2019, 12:58 PM
2 months in and a small group of fans can't believe it's not the top championship in the company?

I guess I don't see the issue. There are not "cornerstone" tag-teams. The division has been around a little over 3 months. Give it some time you impatient children ;)

Badger
May 15th, 2019, 12:59 PM
I'd be surpised if Mandy and Sonya are still together much longer. Mandy will probably be pushed as the Shawn Michaels to Sonya's Marty Jannetty.

Badger
May 15th, 2019, 1:04 PM
2 months in and a small group of fans can't believe it's not the top championship in the company?

I guess I don't see the issue. There are not "cornerstone" tag-teams. The division has been around a little over 3 months. Give it some time you impatient children ;)

Sasha and Bayley were too big names who helped kickstart it all. It did take a hit Plus I'm a cynical old fuck rather than an impatient child looking at how stop and start with the men's tag division. If they dedicated time to it sure but my cynicism remains intact for now. :)

Nash Diesel
May 15th, 2019, 1:31 PM
Sasha and Bayley were too big names who helped kickstart it all. It did take a hit Plus I'm a cynical old fuck rather than an impatient child looking at how stop and start with the men's tag division. If they dedicated time to it sure but my cynicism remains intact for now. :)

People need to be realistic then they wouldn't be so cynical. They did help kickstart it but it's still a very new division that needs time to grow. They can afford to take a hit like losing Sasha Banks because they have a very entertaining team right now holding the belts.

I knew from the jump to expect the least because Vince is not a tag-team guy. He's not exactly a women's wrestling type of guy either. And in a company where his word is final (and rightfully so), we're going to get some odd approaches to tag-team wrestling as it is. Right now I'm digging what they're doing even if I find it a little bit of a hot mess.

Donald
May 15th, 2019, 1:35 PM
Nia and Tamina were going to rule the women's tag division until Nia got hurt. I hope she's doing ok.

Badger
May 15th, 2019, 1:45 PM
People need to be realistic then they wouldn't be so cynical. They did help kickstart it but it's still a very new division that needs time to grow. They can afford to take a hit like losing Sasha Banks because they have a very entertaining team right now holding the belts.

I knew from the jump to expect the least because Vince is not a tag-team guy. He's not exactly a women's wrestling type of guy either. And in a company where his word is final (and rightfully so), we're going to get some odd approaches to tag-team wrestling as it is. Right now I'm digging what they're doing even if I find it a little bit of a hot mess.

There-in lies the problem and the reason for my cynicism. Vince is not a tag team guy. Will he have the patience to keep this up knowing his recent flippant behaviour when it comes to booking not just tag teams but in general.

Don't get me wrong, I dig the Iiconics and laugh at what they do on the mic, but how far can it go? I'm willing and in fact welcome to be proved wrong.

Mazer
May 15th, 2019, 1:51 PM
wrong thread.

mth
May 15th, 2019, 11:06 PM
Regarding the Kabuki Warriors name....

The Smackdown Live women’s tag team of Kairi Sane and Asuka were dubbed the Kabuki Warriors. Late yesterday, Asuka shared a tweet offering up some background behind the word Kabuki or “Kabukimono.” You can check out her tweet below.

Asuka wrote on the Kabuki Warriors, “Kabukimono 傾奇者 Sengoku or Edo-period eccentric who attracted public attention with their eye-catching clothes, peculiar hairstyle, and weird behavior.”

Paige also recently commented on the team name, saying they girls actually wanted “Kabuki” in the name. However, they originally wanted “Kabuki Girls,” which was changed to “Kabuki Warriors.” She wrote in response to the critics of the team name, “You know it was the girls who chose their name right? Well technically they wanted “kabuki girls” but it was changed to kabuki warriors. Chill.”

ASUKA / 明日華

@WWEAsuka
Kabukimono 傾奇者
Sengoku or Edo-period eccentric who attracted public attention with their eye-catching clothes, peculiar hairstyle, and weird behavior

8:55 PM – May 14, 2019

Whoomp, there it is.

Spudz Mackenzie
May 16th, 2019, 12:54 AM
"The Kabuki Experience".

BGMaverick
May 16th, 2019, 12:57 AM
The UK brand is pretty fierce at the top with Toni, Rhea, Piper, and Jazzy.

mth
May 16th, 2019, 12:06 PM
The UK brand is pretty fierce at the top with Toni, Rhea, Piper, and Jazzy.
I really wish we could get those folks onto the main rstoer's women's scene. Could be fire.

Nash Diesel
May 16th, 2019, 3:30 PM
I can't wait for Io Shirai to debut on the main roster.

The UK brand does have a handful of very solid female talents right now that I wouldn't mind seeing. The WWE need to really look at certain talent that are taking up a paycheck such as Alicia Fox and free up some of that main roster money.

Someone tried to spit on Instagram that Alicia Fox is one of the most loyal WWE talents on the roster.....Like any other promotion was hollering at her to come over and she just stayed loyal to the WWE all these years lol. Dude, she's getting fucking 6 figures to do nothing. It's like thinking your dog is loyal because every meal you give the little fucker a Frisco burger from Hardees. Of course he ain't going anywhere, he's getting a Frisco burger whereas elsewhere he'd be getting kibble.

3puppies
May 16th, 2019, 3:48 PM
There are no Hardees in my area. If there were, I'd go get a Frisco burger now for myself, and another for my loyal, kibble-eating dog.

Nash Diesel
May 16th, 2019, 3:49 PM
There are no Hardees in my area. If there were, I'd go get a Frisco burger now for myself, and another for my loyal, kibble-eating dog.

And that dog will hate you forever if you stop giving him the Frisco haha!

BuffyRocks
May 16th, 2019, 7:19 PM
I can't wait for Io Shirai to debut on the main roster.

The UK brand does have a handful of very solid female talents right now that I wouldn't mind seeing. The WWE need to really look at certain talent that are taking up a paycheck such as Alicia Fox and free up some of that main roster money.

Someone tried to spit on Instagram that Alicia Fox is one of the most loyal WWE talents on the roster.....Like any other promotion was hollering at her to come over and she just stayed loyal to the WWE all these years lol. Dude, she's getting fucking 6 figures to do nothing. It's like thinking your dog is loyal because every meal you give the little fucker a Frisco burger from Hardees. Of course he ain't going anywhere, he's getting a Frisco burger whereas elsewhere he'd be getting kibble.

I highly highly doubt she's making 6 figures.

And now I want a Frisco burger.

Badger
May 16th, 2019, 7:36 PM
I justvhad to Google a pic to see how it looks:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4d/94/c1/4d94c17e33c743ae9374f5cd33bc2a7b.jpg

That's an odd shape for a burger bun but holy crap that looks massive and delish! Goodby heart probably.

Spudz Mackenzie
May 16th, 2019, 9:52 PM
If Alicia Fox is making a high-five figure salary for what she actually does, then its too much.

She's the least important woman on the roster. Lowest on the talent depth chart. I'm not saying they couldn't do more with her, but if she's making six figures, then some of the girls that are actually in featured spots better be getting seven. Because the pay scale's all off.

Sasori
May 17th, 2019, 2:37 PM
I justvhad to Google a pic to see how it looks:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4d/94/c1/4d94c17e33c743ae9374f5cd33bc2a7b.jpg

That's an odd shape for a burger bun but holy crap that looks massive and delish! Goodby heart probably.

Looks like Jack in the Box, aka, heart attack on a bun.

Nash Diesel
May 20th, 2019, 3:00 PM
So Lana goes on Twitter and claims that she's had like 10 ideas she brought to creative that she's seen other women doing on t.v. What I hate more than anything is what we call "Vague-book" Stems from Facebook where some crybaby would go "Having a horrible time with this" and someone goes "What's wrong?" And they respond with "I don't want to talk about it" Or when someone insults someone without mentioning who they're talking about.

Money says Lana didn't come out and say "Here's what I pitched and this person is doing it" because she knows it's horseshit. Did she pitch calling herself "The Man"? If you look at the last year of what creative has done with the women, there's basically nothing that we haven't seen 10000 times.

Lana was probably like, "What if I walk out to the ring and climb the through the ropes and pose?"

Rancid_Planet
May 20th, 2019, 4:15 PM
So Lana goes on Twitter and claims that she's had like 10 ideas she brought to creative that she's seen other women doing on t.v. What I hate more than anything is what we call "Vague-book" Stems from Facebook where some crybaby would go "Having a horrible time with this" and someone goes "What's wrong?" And they respond with "I don't want to talk about it" Or when someone insults someone without mentioning who they're talking about.

Money says Lana didn't come out and say "Here's what I pitched and this person is doing it" because she knows it's horseshit. Did she pitch calling herself "The Man"? If you look at the last year of what creative has done with the women, there's basically nothing that we haven't seen 10000 times.

Lana was probably like, "What if I walk out to the ring and climb the through the ropes and pose?"

Well we don't know one way or the other but Lana does come off as a person that always has an idea. Whether they're good or not is another matter.

I feel like she and Rusev are both frustrsted for the same reasons. Early success. A TON of effort was put behind the both of them from day one. For John Cena. They built Rusev up as an unstoppable monster. For John Cena. But of course Rusev can't cut a top level promo so they had Lana, dressed to kill, go out there and just slaughter on the mic. For John Cena. Then mania came and Cena got to defeat his big evil foreign baddy. And then it was over.

Well they tried for a second to see if Lana could be the next Sable or Sunny but this era of wrestling fans don't care nearly as much about that kind of thing as they used to and the push quickly ended.

And that's it. Rusev is never going to have the machine behind him again. He only ever did for one reason. John Cena. Lana is one of the hottest women walking the earth during the first ever period in WWE history when that doesn't mean all that much if you can't put together a decent match.

I get their feelings. But if they really feel like they can be bigger stars in AEW or Japan then by all means stop signing those extentions. Otherwise get used to what you've been for the last few years because that's the norm. And it's not changing.

Nash Diesel
May 20th, 2019, 4:29 PM
Well we don't know one way or the other but Lana does come off as a person that always has an idea. Whether they're good or not is another matter.

I feel like she and Rusev are both frustrsted for the same reasons. Early success. A TON of effort was put behind the both of them from day one. For John Cena. They built Rusev up as an unstoppable monster. For John Cena. But of course Rusev can't cut a top level promo so they had Lana, dressed to kill, go out there and just slaughter on the mic. For John Cena. Then mania came and Cena got to defeat his big evil foreign baddy. And then it was over.

Well they tried for a second to see if Lana could be the next Sable or Sunny but this era of wrestling fans don't care nearly as much about that kind of thing as they used to and the push quickly ended.

And that's it. Rusev is never going to have the machine behind him again. He only ever did for one reason. John Cena. Lana is one of the hottest women walking the earth during the first ever period in WWE history when that doesn't mean all that much if you can't put together a decent match.

I get their feelings. But if they really feel like they can be bigger stars in AEW or Japan then by all means stop signing those extentions. Otherwise get used to what you've been for the last few years because that's the norm. And it's not changing.

I used to be negative about that Rusev-Cena situation but it would be like King Kong Bundy being pissed that he wasn't still on top after the Hogan feud. Some talent are groomed and used for a specific reason. And maybe the too much-too soon effect hit Rusev and Lana.

But let's also not forget that Lana pretty much fucked them by sabotaging the storyline with Dolph and Summer Rae. That feud starts and the next thing you know Rusev proposes to her in real life and she puts it on social media like 2 weeks into the feud. It killed the entire angle completely. All we got out of it was this:

https://68.media.tumblr.com/4bcb11faf7aa96e758da17f6ad786989/tumblr_nswo2kRYnY1tszqifo2_r1_250.gif

Sasori
May 20th, 2019, 4:37 PM
It's not unheard of. This happened with Maxine, aka Catrina in Lucha Underground. She came up with several ideas for herself that were taken and used for other women. One specific example was Aksana.

Perez explained, "I got myself over with the fans and at the end of the day, there's a lot of politics going on backstage. Aksana was found by somebody important backstage, so that became their girl. That push, it just happened so randomly that one day (laughs), one day I pitched a storyline that I spent time writing—very long time—and I had my jet black hair with bangs, the black catsuit on, which people kinda remember from the FCW days when they see pictures and I was the General Manager of FCW, so it only made sense. I wrote and pitched the storyline of going up to SmackDown and seducing Teddy Long and eventually trying to take over SmackDown. When I pitched that storyline to the writers and the boss man, I had to cut a promo, I had to have a match and pitch the storyline. Within twenty-four hours, the very next day, I walk into FCW and I'm sat down and I'm told that I have to change my hair and my entire look. And I ask why, and they said it was too similar to Aksana. Well, you gotta remember, the day before that, she was bleached blonde, playing the Aksana, kinda ditsy, hosting "The Aksana Show." So within twenty-four hours, she had jet black hair, was wearing a black catsuit and that following week was getting sent up to SmackDown to seduce Teddy Long. So call it what you must, but it was definitely very, very, very extremely similar (laughs) to what I wrote and what I pitched. And then after that, I was asked to actually help her with her promos, so it was a pretty good shot and slap in my face."

She continued, "I got back up; I changed my hair, I changed my outfit, which I ended up wearing; the black full-piece garter outfit, which ended up being my main one and I changed everything and I did what I had to do to make myself different once again. This happened on more then one occasion where my stuff and the stuff I've written and pitched—and I'm not the only one in the business that happened to, but that was pretty blunt and obvious (laughs). To the point that when I walked into the arena of FCW, the boys kinda went silent and were just staring at me because they knew."

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2014/10/former-wwe-diva-maxine-says-aksana-stole-her-character-and-584502/

Sasori
May 20th, 2019, 4:44 PM

And the crazy thing is how over Rusev Day got. He could have been a monster face if WWE had put even the slightest effort into capitalizing on it. Yet another easy opportunity that fell into Vince's lap that he squandered. And now Brock is back because that's all he knows how to do.

Nash Diesel
May 20th, 2019, 4:49 PM
I appreciate that example of 2 women I completely forgot about and rightfully so because I thought that Aksana was Maxine. Shows how much I paid attention. lol.

How far were the supposed to go with Rusev Day? That shit was some low card jobber routine. They went as far as they could with it without making Rusev look like a cornball. It was a super corny comedy gimmick that imo hurt Rusev more than any other point in his main roster career.

I would like to know what Lana is claiming were her ideas. Again, not a lot of originality left in wrestling. Especially with how the women are presented.

Sasori
May 20th, 2019, 5:38 PM
New Day's gimmick is about as corny and bottom of the card as you can get, but they made it work. Kofi wouldn't be WWE champ without it.

Nash Diesel
May 20th, 2019, 5:46 PM
New Day's gimmick is about as corny and bottom of the card as you can get, but they made it work. Kofi wouldn't be WWE champ without it.

The New Day had a lot more going for them other than constantly saying shit was Rusev Day. Personally, I don't like New Day that much and I liked the Rusev Day stuff even less. It was so dumb and I'm glad they dropped it....I think they dropped it I don't know, Hulu cuts out almost everything involving Rusev lol.

BuffyRocks
May 20th, 2019, 8:19 PM
Great night for the women's division, and even better night for Bayley. That was some nice storytelling. Happy to hear that the girl is still pretty damn over with the crowd. Also, go to Diva Dirt for a chuckle. The "women's wrestling fans" are LIVID over there. Like, calling for Bayley's head livid.

Sasori
May 20th, 2019, 8:32 PM
Great night for the women's division, and even better night for Bayley. That was some nice storytelling. Happy to hear that the girl is still pretty damn over with the crowd. Also, go to Diva Dirt for a chuckle. The "women's wrestling fans" are LIVID over there. Like, calling for Bayley's head livid.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say they were rooting for Naomi.

Mazer
May 20th, 2019, 8:55 PM
I am going to take a wilder guess and say they are all Dana Brooke marks.

BuffyRocks
May 21st, 2019, 2:34 AM
Dana and Mandy marks for sure. Tons of “anyone but Bayley” “Bayley didn’t need the win” and “WWE prioritizes 4HW above everyone else.” That last one is the real kicker. The 4HW are pretty universally hated (with a few exceptions) on a website that prides itself on women’s wrestling. It’s both baffling and endlessly annoying.

Spudz Mackenzie
May 21st, 2019, 4:30 AM
Honestly, the worst thing that Lana ever did was become an actual wrestler.

She was great as the Natasha to Rusev's Boris. As a wrestler, she's like the equivalent of a kid who still uses water wings being dropped out of a plane with his ankles covered in weights over the ocean. She's not ready for it.

Lana worked with Rusev, as a package. Hell, she worked with Rusev and Aiden English when they were a team. But as a wrestler she's so far behind the curve she can't see the turn. She's not good and her offense doesn't look like it could crack an egg.

She should just give it up and step back from the ring. Go back into managing. Even if its not with Rusev.

Sasori
May 21st, 2019, 12:06 PM
The "We want Lana!" thing is one of the few times Vince has listened to fans recently, but he went about it the wrong way. No one wanted to see her wrestle.

Mazer
May 21st, 2019, 12:21 PM
So you're saying the chants need to be more specific?

"We want Lana...in a more managerial settings, perhaps with her own stable. Please make sure you keep the same outfits"

Its just crazy enough to work.

Nash Diesel
May 21st, 2019, 12:35 PM
I told everyone from the start that they would fuck up Lana by misunderstanding those chants. They were showing appreciation for the work she was doing as a heel with Rusev. So they turn her babyface and put her in that Dolph feud which had a snowball effect as mentioned earlier about the tweet.

Sasori
May 21st, 2019, 4:27 PM
So you're saying the chants need to be more specific?

"We want Lana...in a more managerial settings, perhaps with her own stable. Please make sure you keep the same outfits"

Its just crazy enough to work.

I think you might be on to something :chin:

Nash Diesel
May 21st, 2019, 4:29 PM
Sounds like a chant you'd hear at some NXT UK event.

Bayley came out one time and they sang an entire song from the 50's.

BGMaverick
May 21st, 2019, 4:31 PM
Close...the 60's, haha.

Nash Diesel
May 21st, 2019, 4:59 PM
All I know is that it was in the movie "Dirty Dancing" and it pisses me off that I even know that.

Mazer
May 21st, 2019, 6:02 PM
Let's take ownership of this. Stop blaming creative for our shortcomings.

We have failed the WWE by being less specific than we need to be. Moving forward, let's coordinate on twitter the specifics of our chants in advance. As a bonus, Michael will reinforce this by mentioning 20 times that the chant is trending.

mth
May 22nd, 2019, 8:35 PM
If anyone else is wondering where Ruby Riott's disappeared to, it looks like she's injured. Just saw this...

https://scontent.fyyc3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/60876946_692021221250573_7188289628611280896_n.png ?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent.fyyc3-1.fna&oh=59094bc8d0d47fb0190b2527724218e8&oe=5D609394
"One down, one to go!"
And from WWE.com...

According to WWE.com:

Raw Superstar Ruby Riott underwent successful surgery yesterday to repair a bilateral injury to her right shoulder, WWE.com can confirm.

Riott will receive surgery for the same injury on her left shoulder at a later date.

As we previously reported, The Riott Squad were split up in the Superstar Shakeup when Liv Morgan was drafted to SmackDown. Liv and Ruby recently reunited, however, on WWE’s European tour.

No word at this time on how long Ruby will be on the sidelines.
:\

Rancid_Planet
May 22nd, 2019, 9:39 PM
Aw that sucks. I just assumed they were done with her now that the Riott squad was over. She's so good. They have no idea what they have with her.

Sasori
May 23rd, 2019, 1:46 PM
All of the Riot squad are in limbo right now. I'm guessing the split was because Ruby was going to be on the shelf for a while. I hope they have something soon for Liv and Sara. Liv poked fun at it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7IDnHXWkAAJ2iq.jpg:medium

Bagel
May 23rd, 2019, 2:02 PM
I like Liv. I think she's still got a lot of room for improvement. Sucks about Ruby's time on the shelf, even though they separated them from a group. I was just thinking the other day how I didn't even know who the women's tag champs were currently until the Iiconics showed up. They made a big thing about the belts leading into WM and though they set up Kairi and Asuka as the next challengers it just feels devalued a great deal.

BuffyRocks
May 23rd, 2019, 2:18 PM
I like Liv. I think she's still got a lot of room for improvement. Sucks about Ruby's time on the shelf, even though they separated them from a group. I was just thinking the other day how I didn't even know who the women's tag champs were currently until the Iiconics showed up. They made a big thing about the belts leading into WM and though they set up Kairi and Asuka as the next challengers it just feels devalued a great deal.

I mean right after WM, they broke up the inaugural champs in Sasha/Bayley and the Riott Squad, while Tamina/Nia disbanded because of Nia's injury, and Beth/Natalya because... I don't know... Beth was just doing it for a few weeks I guess... like, literally 4 teams are broken up just a week after the belt is defended at WM. It's like the WWE actively wants the women's tag division to fail.

They literally just have three teams now, right? IIconics, Fire and Desire, and Kabuki Warriors... anyone else? I guess you have Vanessa Borne and Aliyah and Shayna's friends down in NXT, but literally no one cares about any of those women...

Edit: https://www.forbes.com/sites/blakeoestriecher/2019/05/23/the-wwe-womens-tag-team-division-is-already-in-shambles/#316ce0704c2d

This article says it way better than I.

Bagel
May 23rd, 2019, 2:35 PM
I'm sure it will cycle back around at some point and seem intriguing again, but a long title reign for Asuka and Kairi seems like the safest bet until someone else moves up from NXT. I totally forgot there were even womens tag titles in existence for them missing on the MITB card (unless I missed something). Gave us a reason to pay attention with Bayley & Sasha until they didn't, now Bayley gains momentum and that's one team down. If they cared as much about making it work as they did about the Revival shaving each other's backs then it could be successful.

Rancid_Planet
May 23rd, 2019, 3:55 PM

It's sad but the women's tag belts were probably never a thing Vince was going to whole heartedly get behind.

I mean he doesn't give a shit about the men's tag division.

Nash Diesel
May 23rd, 2019, 4:10 PM
It seems simple even if you don't have a deep division. I mean, I'll be honest, not totally hating what they've done with the belts. I wasn't high on Sasha and Bayley for the long-term. The only reason I was really down with it was to maybe open up a few spots on the singles side. Usher in some new blood then bring them back into the mix. They're super young and while I don't know if Sasha Banks physically could go another 15, Bayley seems like she could.

But right now you could it off the teams and loose affiliations we're seeing. We just saw the McMahon Twins aka Charlotte and Lacey Evans so there's something they could revisit. The core teams are good enough but we need to definitely see more. If they built it around the Kabuki Warriors, IIconics, Fire and Desire. That's not horrible and better than what we've seen other promotions that weren't all female try to pull off.

This just had a few snags. As it was pointed out, Sasha and Bayley broke up, Nia was hurt, Beth was in it for the fact that her and Natalya were sort of a team back in the day.

Spudz Mackenzie
May 23rd, 2019, 7:18 PM
Sasha Banks has the tendency to work sloppy and hurt herself pretty often.

She's a 50/50 kind of athlete. 50% chance she could have a 15-20 year career at her age and 50% that she'll snap her head off on a dive and wind up like Paige before she's 30.

At least Bayley works safe. When your finisher is a damn belly-to-belly suplex, you can wrestle forever. Just ask Shane Douglas.

mth
May 23rd, 2019, 10:12 PM
Stick Sarah Logan with Viking Raiders but get them in a feud where they can do some mixed match situations so she can get in the ring and not just manage them.

Not sure what to do with Liv on Smackers, I'm not really sure she's good enough to fly totally solo but not really sure who to pair her with. Maybe a tag team with Carmella to go after the Women's tag titles? Continue Carmella's association with R-Truth and he can be their manager/goofy-ass mentor.

BGMaverick
May 23rd, 2019, 10:54 PM
Stick Sarah Logan with Viking Raiders but get them in a feud where they can do some mixed match situations so she can get in the ring and not just manage them.

Not sure what to do with Liv on Smackers, I'm not really sure she's good enough to fly totally solo but not really sure who to pair her with. Maybe a tag team with Carmella to go after the Women's tag titles? Continue Carmella's association with R-Truth and he can be their manager/goofy-ass mentor.

Make her the resilient, resourceful 24/7 champion.

Sasori
May 23rd, 2019, 10:59 PM
It seems simple even if you don't have a deep division. I mean, I'll be honest, not totally hating what they've done with the belts. I wasn't high on Sasha and Bayley for the long-term. The only reason I was really down with it was to maybe open up a few spots on the singles side. Usher in some new blood then bring them back into the mix. They're super young and while I don't know if Sasha Banks physically could go another 15, Bayley seems like she could.

But right now you could it off the teams and loose affiliations we're seeing. We just saw the McMahon Twins aka Charlotte and Lacey Evans so there's something they could revisit. The core teams are good enough but we need to definitely see more. If they built it around the Kabuki Warriors, IIconics, Fire and Desire. That's not horrible and better than what we've seen other promotions that weren't all female try to pull off.

This just had a few snags. As it was pointed out, Sasha and Bayley broke up, Nia was hurt, Beth was in it for the fact that her and Natalya were sort of a team back in the day.

Sasha Banks has the tendency to work sloppy and hurt herself pretty often.

She's a 50/50 kind of athlete. 50% chance she could have a 15-20 year career at her age and 50% that she'll snap her head off on a dive and wind up like Paige before she's 30.

At least Bayley works safe. When your finisher is a damn belly-to-belly suplex, you can wrestle forever. Just ask Shane Douglas.

Sasha has a death wish, unlike Bayley. I'm kind of worried if she does go to AEW. She may take even more risks than she already does to prove how much she was wasted in WWE and end up in early retirement.

Liv is friends with Mandy and Sonya, so she could make a threesome with them. Keep the pink hair and blue tongue, but change up her ring gear to match theirs.

Nash Diesel
May 24th, 2019, 3:36 PM
Liv (former gf of Enzo) and Carmella (former gf of Big Cass) would be interesting if they just did a female version of Enzo/Cass lol.

Kdestiny
May 24th, 2019, 4:34 PM
Liv (former gf of Enzo) and Carmella (former gf of Big Cass) would be interesting if they just did a female version of Enzo/Cass lol.

Neither of them is seven foot tall unfortunately.