PDA

View Full Version : WWE Womens Wrestling Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

AudioDynamite
February 5th, 2012, 10:22 PM
And yet she gets one of the loudest reactions of any diva they've got.

Take away her looks and see how good of a reaction she gets.

Matthew
February 5th, 2012, 10:25 PM
what the fuck does that have to do with it though? she is over. if she wasn't hot, she probably wouldn't be. but that ain't changing the fact that she is over now.

take away punk's mic skills and he isn't that over. wow he sucks.

AudioDynamite
February 5th, 2012, 10:36 PM
what the fuck does that have to do with it though? she is over. if she wasn't hot, she probably wouldn't be. but that ain't changing the fact that she is over now.

take away punk's mic skills and he isn't that over. wow he sucks.

That's not being over, that's wanting to screw her big difference, and sorry Punks in ring ability is well known as well.

mth
February 5th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Popularity is popularity whatever the reason for it.

AudioDynamite
February 5th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Popularity is popularity whatever the reason for it.

I can also accuse WWE of canned reactions like the Goldberg chants.....it's possible!

Matthew
That's not being over, that's wanting to screw her big difference, and sorry Punks in ring ability is well known as well.getting the crowd behind you is being over. you are trying to put qualifyiers on it, which dont change anything. she is over. she might not be over due to her skills, but she is over none the less. you just dont seem to accept the fact.

and punk's ability is well known, but he wasn't this over until he started the 'pipebomb' promos.

yes, if you take away what makes someone over, they won't be over. what a huge surprise that is.

Matthew
I can also accuse WWE of canned reactions like the Goldberg chants.....it's possible!
now you are just grasping at straws

mth
February 5th, 2012, 10:45 PM
You can but I'm not sure why you would.

Delta Devil
February 5th, 2012, 10:59 PM

It all boils down to what the word "over" means, like crowd ovations for instance. And, yes, KK is indeed terrible. We know this. But that doesn't constitute as to her not being over, which she is. She gets the loudest crowd reactions from the crowd, so I don't get where you're coming from.

If by over you mean over with AudioDynamite, then I regret to inform you that wahh wahh wahhhhhh.

the_man_diva
February 5th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Sorry, but a lot of people get over based on their look alone ... whether you're male or female ... or you're a sexually charged character or a monster heel ... the look IS a part of the whole package. Kharma is over because she's not like the other women in wrestling ... Kelly Kelly got over because she's beautiful, and while she's no Molly Holly in the ring, KK can actually play a sympathetic face pretty damn well. You can be the best wrestler in the world and still NOT get over because you don't know how to connect with an audience.

I have seen referees at shows out here who connect to an audience ten times better than some of the workers ... who are actually great grapplers. No one is arguing that KK is over because she's hot, they're simply stating that no matter which way you slice it ... she does garner the best reaction out of the fans. And really, is that such a bad thing ... it worked for Sable, it worked for Trish in the early stages of her career, it worked for Chyna ...

Delta Devil
February 5th, 2012, 11:57 PM
It's not a bad thing per se, it's just a small shame because she's mediocre. Sable had character... charisma.... as did Trish and Chyna (who got over for her looks, let's face it). Kelly has none of the things they had, except of course a rockin bod.

Ley's say that good looks are the glass, and talent is the water. Trish was a full glass, while KK is about a quarter full IMO. And I think that's being modest. But hell, the audiences love a nice shiny glass, be it full or empty.

the_man_diva
February 6th, 2012, 12:12 AM
Sable, Trish, and Chyna also had the benefit of having good writers and actual time invested into them. Considering the climate Kelly's in now, I find it impressive that she's managed to get over. Allow me to preface this by saying that I'm a huge Sable mark, okay, but Kelly Kelly is a much better in-ring performer than Sable was, plus she entered WWE and has been groomed by the company starting at a much younger age (18 or 19) than Sable did. I am also a huge Trish fan, but let's be honest ... Trish had the benefit of working with the likes of Jazz, Victoria, Ivory, Molly ... women who were on top of their game.

Kelly has proven she can be carried to a great match ... and for a while there, Trish had to be carried too (she didn't really hit her stride till about late 2002, and even then, sometimes she had her own fuck-up's). Kelly can bump, she's taken a singapore cane to the head, she's done what she was originally hired to do (look pretty, strip, etc.), and is akin to this generation's Torrie Wilson. Sometimes she comes off natural on the microphone ... other times, she comes off wooden. Pair her up with an experienced vet, she'll have a great match ... pair her up with someone greener than her or just as inexperienced, and she's going to have a trainwreck match ...

The problem really isn't with KK per se, it's more of an issue with WWE not attempting to follow through on what they have or actually do something to make the fans appreciate her more. Again, given the amount of focus that has been taken OFF of the women in recent years, I'm amazed and impressed that she's managed to stay over despite storylines sucking.

Tim
February 6th, 2012, 1:12 AM
Kelly is the most "over" but that's like saying Hornswoggle is the tallest dwarf. She's is not by any means over, if you ranked fan reactions in the WWE, Kelly doesn't get a better reaction than many male babyfaces on the roster, if any. She gets a very limited reaction from the crowd. If Santino got a Kelly Kelly reaction he'd been released a year ago. And quite frankly, once Kharma comes back full time she's going to be the most over Diva.

Is farting really a gimmick? It won't last. It's dumb, and can only go so far like Jillian and the mole, Vito and the dress, Maria acting like an idiot etc. Either it will make Natalya popular and they'll stop doing it, or nobody will respond and they'll have no reason to continue it.

Delta Devil
February 6th, 2012, 1:21 AM
She is the most over, but she isn't over? There are some inconsistencies in your statement.

If there's more than one person in this forum that believe KK isn't "over" then there are some problems here. She is over, and that's inarguable.

Mills
February 6th, 2012, 1:26 AM
Fans cheer for her, they boo when she gets beat up, she's over because crowds have reaction to her

Tim
February 6th, 2012, 1:35 AM
She is the most over, but she isn't over? There are some inconsistencies in your statement.

If there's more than one person in this forum that believe KK isn't "over" then there are some problems here. She is over, and that's inarguable.

If you put somebody into a group, there's possibility of a "best and worst" or "highest and lowest" etc. You can say Vickie is the ugliest Diva but that doesn't mean she's ugly. In the Divas Division Kelly is the most over because nobody is really over. Like I said, if any male babyface got the reaction Kelly does, he would not be on Raw as much as she is. She's the best of a bad situation, but the situation is still BAD.

Tim
February 6th, 2012, 1:43 AM
Fans cheer for her, they boo when she gets beat up, she's over because crowds have reaction to her

I remember Beth making her cry on Raw and there was like 10 percent of the arena "booing" the other 90 percent couldn't care less.

Jimmy Zero
February 6th, 2012, 11:21 AM
I'd hardly say Kelly Kelly is the most over diva, at this point. 6 months ago, sure, but definitely not now. She hasn't been involved in a feud, or even a storyline really, for quite awhile now. I'd say Beth and Eve (and Kharma, based on her Rumble reaction) are more over than Kelly Kelly. Not that I'm complaining. Kelly Kelly is the worst performer on the roster, male or female.

Cewsh
February 6th, 2012, 11:51 AM
She's hardly great, or even good, but she's not the worst performer.

Tamina and Rosa can't actually work a complete match.

Jimmy Zero
February 6th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Yeah, fair enough. Unless most of the divas besides the same 5 we always see are literally on my television screen, I forget they exist. That's definitely not good.

MMH
February 6th, 2012, 1:02 PM

She gets a fair amount of boos at times too.

She is somewhat over but she was the most pushed diva last year. I think generaly the most pushed diva will get the best reaction regardless.

Merchant4Ever
February 6th, 2012, 1:16 PM
I think people are definitely confusing "over" with "talented."

Yes, Kelly Kelly sucks.

And yes, she is over.

Just like Justin Bieber is "over" with America's youth.

UncannyIowan
February 6th, 2012, 1:24 PM
I think people are definitely confusing "over" with "talented."

Yes, Kelly Kelly sucks.

And yes, she is over.

Just like Justin Bieber is "over" with America's youth.

:lol: Good analogy.

It's probably sad to some but history has proven that almost all of the more popular divas have not been the most skilled in any aspect of the sport whether it's mic skills, selling, showing emotion. You don't see too many equivalents of Austin, Hogan, Rock, HBK, Triple H, Punk, Cena, Taker, etc. in the divas division, if at all.

Kneeneighbor
February 6th, 2012, 1:34 PM
I watched Lita vs Trish from Unforgiven 06 last night. I miss them.

BIGFEETS
February 6th, 2012, 2:18 PM
Aksana can actually wrestle.

Don't tell WWE that. They'll give her a queefing gimmick.

UncannyIowan
February 6th, 2012, 3:09 PM
Natalya refusing to give backstage suits road head has to be the reason behind that horrid gimmick. Is my son writing WWE television now?

Mazer
February 6th, 2012, 3:51 PM
Natalya refusing to give backstage suits road head has to be the reason behind that horrid gimmick. Is my son writing WWE television now?

If he is, compliment him on the Jericho build-up, but tell him that he needs to rethink this one.

Also, this seems like something that a father should know. Has he set-up a bank account and started complaining about late hours with Vince McMahon, because that would probably be a sign that he had. Might want to spend some more time with the lad and figure this thing out.

UncannyIowan
February 6th, 2012, 4:04 PM
If he is, compliment him on the Jericho build-up, but tell him that he needs to rethink this one.

Also, this seems like something that a father should know. Has he set-up a bank account and started complaining about late hours with Vince McMahon, because that would probably be a sign that he had. Might want to spend some more time with the lad and figure this thing out.

Yeah I think I'm just going to let this one go. By posting that maybe it's not really letting it go, but.....yeah....lol.

TheChillidogger
February 6th, 2012, 4:05 PM
Natalya can fart on my dick

Glen
February 6th, 2012, 4:35 PM
Sometimes I despair about women's wrestling.

The Rosk
February 6th, 2012, 4:47 PM
They better not fuck Kharma up. That would spell the end completely for women's matches for me.

UncannyIowan
February 6th, 2012, 4:54 PM
What, you don't want to see her come out and do some stripper dancing looking like the female version of Brodus?

AudioDynamite
February 7th, 2012, 4:59 AM

What a reaction she got tonight on Raw let me tell you! The crowd was so loud I couldn't even hear the announcers!................wait............no the crowd was dead.

G-Fresh
February 7th, 2012, 5:03 AM
What, you don't want to see her come out and do some stripper dancing looking like the female version of Brodus?

I actually would like to see that.

BuffyRocks
February 7th, 2012, 11:14 AM
So I'd say Beth's pre-match interview is most definitely setting up for either Beth v. Natalya or Beth v. Kharma. Also, I think I actually heard Eve's nose break. Ouch.

Nardy_05
February 7th, 2012, 11:29 AM

Um that's nothing to brag about :confused:

Nardy_05
February 7th, 2012, 11:39 AM
If you put somebody into a group, there's possibility of a "best and worst" or "highest and lowest" etc. You can say Vickie is the ugliest Diva but that doesn't mean she's ugly. In the Divas Division Kelly is the most over because nobody is really over. Like I said, if any male babyface got the reaction Kelly does, he would not be on Raw as much as she is. She's the best of a bad situation, but the situation is still BAD.

THIS!!! You guys seem to be stuck on this "Over" statement like it's a big deal....in reality it's more like a case of being the best of the worst; sure she is more 'over' than the rest, but considering the state of Women's wrestling, that's a pretty empty feat.

UncannyIowan
February 7th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Over is over. It's not like people are cheering for her because they feel obligated to or that they'll be killed after the show if they don't. No one is saying she's the most over diva of all time, or even in the top 10, but she is over.

Delta Devil
February 7th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Over?

mth
February 7th, 2012, 3:43 PM
Um that's nothing to brag about :confused:

THIS!!! You guys seem to be stuck on this "Over" statement like it's a big deal....in reality it's more like a case of being the best of the worst; sure she is more 'over' than the rest, but considering the state of Women's wrestling, that's a pretty empty feat.

No one's bragging. Just stating a fact (though I'll agree with whoever said her reaction is comparable to Eve and Beth at this point). I'm not saying she's getting massive deafening reactions (apparently AudioDynamite can't grasp that) and yeah, the divas hardly get any reaction (and with reason, there's no reason to care) but she happens to be one of the few the crowd actually give a damn about. It may not be much of a damn but it's there.

Matthew
February 7th, 2012, 8:15 PM
yea, whatever mth. if the fans didn't have voices they wouldnt cheer for her

Delta Devil
February 7th, 2012, 8:37 PM
yea, whatever mth. if the fans didn't have voices they wouldnt cheer for her

If you didn't have hooves, you wouldn't be able to type.

Bert
February 7th, 2012, 8:48 PM
Shut up, IrishDevil.

Mills
February 7th, 2012, 9:09 PM
Im guessing Tamina is next for Beth before Kharma is ready

mth
February 7th, 2012, 9:10 PM
They seemed to tease Beth vs. Natalya on SmackDown so I could see a triple threat between those three with Beth coming out on top and tooting her horn further to bring out Kharma.

Matthew
February 7th, 2012, 9:16 PM
If you didn't have hooves, you wouldn't be able to type.
i guess this is meant to be funny.....? yea, you are just better off agreeing with other people.

Merchant4Ever
February 9th, 2012, 2:26 AM
They seemed to tease Beth vs. Natalya on SmackDown so I could see a triple threat between those three with Beth coming out on top and tooting her horn further to bring out Kharma.

If anyone is going to be "tooting," it's Natalya.

Sincerely,
WWE Writing Staff

BIGFEETS
February 9th, 2012, 9:57 AM
If anyone is going to be "tooting," it's Natalya.

Sincerely,
WWE Writing Staff

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-QXlteJI0pVw/ThIG-rmSyyI/AAAAAAAABgc/_CHKRkepMo4/s1600/Mark_Henry+10.jpg
Somebody gonna get they ass wiped

RAWfan88
February 12th, 2012, 2:32 AM
Beth Phoenix "I've got no competition" storyline is ripped right from Chyna's title reign yeah?

Freebird
February 12th, 2012, 5:06 AM
Beth Phoenix "I've got no competition" storyline is ripped right from Chyna's title reign yeah?

It's a time tested and honored angle. Heck Austin Aries is using it over on Impact in the X-Division.

RAWfan88
February 12th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Good point.

Just seems lazy because we all know they're setting this up for Kong.

Jimmy Zero
February 12th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Well, no shit. I don't see how it's lazy. Would you rather just have her and Nattie sitting around doing nothing but farting until Karma shows up to kill Beth?

mth
February 12th, 2012, 12:19 PM
I don't see why it's lazy to want your dominant champion to look dominant and arrogant about it before she finally meets someone who can stomp her head in. Be curious to hear a non-lazy way to build this.

BIGFEETS
February 12th, 2012, 6:57 PM
Would you rather just have her and Nattie sitting around doing nothing but farting until Karma shows up to kill Beth?

http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/01/32/03/368849/3/628x471.jpg

Book it.

BuffyRocks
February 12th, 2012, 8:53 PM
Good point.

Just seems lazy because we all know they're setting this up for Kong.

I think you mean predictable or obvious, not lazy. And you'd be right, it is pretty obvious they are setting up Beth to be bored with the divas division and lack of competition. Still doesn't mean I won't be happy to see a Beth vs Kharma feud as I think those two could put on a really fantastic match.

anich
February 15th, 2012, 6:46 AM
Did anyone notice the boo's Eve got at the end of Raw? It has made me think that an Eve heel turn at Wrestlemania where she turns on Zak could maybe be interesting.

Cewsh
February 15th, 2012, 11:48 AM
I imagine it will happen well before then.

Delta Devil
February 15th, 2012, 11:54 AM
The boos were refreshing. Soon as Eve came out, I knew WWE was on to something. If they don't capitalize on this, then I'll be sad sad.

BuffyRocks
February 15th, 2012, 12:53 PM
The boos were refreshing. Soon as Eve came out, I knew WWE was on to something. If they don't capitalize on this, then I'll be sad sad.

Agreed. I'm all for an Eve heel turn and the crowd was all for booing her. Let's hope they play this right.

KaraBoo
February 15th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Was EvE ever heel? It will be a bit refreshing.

Greed
February 15th, 2012, 12:59 PM
I hope Kharma returns and goes after Kelly Kelly before gunning for Beth.

I'd like that continuity from when we were last seeing her.

TheImmortal
February 15th, 2012, 1:37 PM
I hope Kharma gets Eve...and John Cena too.

KaraBoo
February 15th, 2012, 2:02 PM
I hope Kharma gets Eve...and John Cena too.

and her little dog to! mwhahahaha

RAWfan88
February 15th, 2012, 9:52 PM
Smackdown Spoiler:
* Tamina and Alicia Fox beat Natalya and Beth Phoenix. The referee gets distracted by Natalya's farting.

LMAOOOOOOOOO

Oh WWE. That is awesome.

Biohazard
February 17th, 2012, 9:40 PM
Trish and Victoria I believe have only tagged one time together correctly? I believe her and Jazz only tagged once too, but that was more of a storyline forced together tag.

KaraBoo
February 18th, 2012, 2:53 PM
That tag match on smackdown was the best divas match on smackdown this year.

BuffyRocks
February 21st, 2012, 3:43 PM
So I enjoyed Eve's full heel turn. I really want to dislike her now (so I guess that was effective). Apparently there is talk of pairing up Eve with a heel (possibly Dolph and Vickie?) and having her feud with a babyface superstar and possibly a returning face Layla. Personally, I would like that for Eve and Layla. They can both speak really well on the mic and would easily take a bump from a male superstar and make it look great. Plus, they are fine in terms of in ring wrestling. Also, while they are having their own feud, the Divas title can still be fought over using Beth, Natalya, and Kharma.

the_man_diva
February 23rd, 2012, 4:44 AM
So I enjoyed Eve's full heel turn. I really want to dislike her now (so I guess that was effective). Apparently there is talk of pairing up Eve with a heel (possibly Dolph and Vickie?) and having her feud with a babyface superstar and possibly a returning face Layla. Personally, I would like that for Eve and Layla. They can both speak really well on the mic and would easily take a bump from a male superstar and make it look great. Plus, they are fine in terms of in ring wrestling. Also, while they are having their own feud, the Divas title can still be fought over using Beth, Natalya, and Kharma.

Dolph Ziggler & Eve Torres w/Vickie Guerrero Vs. Layla El & Zack Ryder has the potential to be an awesome Mixed Tag Team feud. The problem is, I feel that Ziggler is at that point where he shouldn't be bogged down with such a program; the man is right there on the cusp of being the top heel in the company. That sad thing is, aesthetically, I like the pairing of Dolph and Eve. Maybe it would come out that Dolph has just been using Vickie all this time ... I think Vickie should now be used to help get other heels over who may need her, so Eve with Dolph would be great, if Dolph is getting a serious push in the Main Event. Eve could also be paired with The Miz or Jack Swagger, who also has Vickie in his corner. Swagger is in desperate need of something to make him seem important. Any three men would be perfect for Eve, here's why?

Dolph - She could add to his already notorious playboy resume; Dolph and Vickie have history with Layla, and Vickie can blame Layla for Michelle's leaving WWE. Zack and Dolph have battled back and forth via Twitter and it was Zack who took the US Title from him.

Swagger - He courted Eve for a hot minute, in a storyline that started but never went anywhere; he takes a backseat to Ziggler when it comes to Vickie, so this is perfect. Swagger is also the one who took the belt off of Ryder.

Miz - Miz has history with Layla, Eve has history with Layla, Eve has history with Zack ... it's too perfect. All four can work the mic and make for entertaining Mixed Tag Team Matches.

No matter what, Layla and Eve are on even footing - Layla was the last Women's Champion, Eve is a former Divas Champion, and both are Diva Search Winners. Both used to feud with their roles reversed. Also, maybe instead of stealing Dolph from Vickie, Eve could be Vickie's newest female client, adding to Vickie's stable of Superstars who are all seeking fame and notoriety. Considering the way the Bellas acted toward Eve, it's safe to assume that even the heels don't like Eve.

Eventually, you have Eve Vs. Kelly, where it can be revealed that Eve was using Kelly the whole time, riding her coattails. The proof is all right there as I rewatched the Maxim cover reveal in the ring ... and how Eve kind of took control of the mic after running off The Divas of Doom. I'm very pleased with this Eve heel turn, and I think she'll finally hit her stride; shame that her "explanation" was WWE.com-exclusive instead of really on SmackDown ... and they wonder why the girls don't get over ... lots of people don't even watch shit on WWE.com; how are they to know that Eve truly is an evil, manipulative bitch?

UncannyIowan
February 23rd, 2012, 10:54 AM
I just don't know if Layla can handle being on her own in the sense that she's never been a diva that was strong on her own in general, I know she'd be paired up with Ryder but she's not one of the standout divas if you ask me. She was good comic relief as a sidekick. Plus I don't know if she does well as a face, at all. What makes her appealing is her heel work, so I'm thinking the best possible answer would be Kelly Kelly. Makes 200% perfect sense.

Miz has history with Kelly, fucked up history too if you remember ECW and how he treated her. Eve and Kelly Kelly, BFF's feuding always makes for a great storyline. People don't probably remember but Ryder and Kelly had a POSITIVE twitter war going on last year prior to Ryder on t.v. going after Eve so they could probably spin that Ryder wanted Kelly but he felt she was out of his league or Kelly maybe wanted to be with Ryder but since he was so vocal about being with Eve....

DOn't get me wrong I do like Layla, but as a heel. I'd like to see her involved in this but on the Miz/Eve side, bring Miz and Layla back together since Maryse isn't here would be NICE! Love your idea, just think Kelly fits it better due to the depth of her relationship with Eve and Miz.

Matthew
February 23rd, 2012, 8:30 PM
Aksana can actually wrestle. http://i.imgur.com/pRJNw.gif

Delta Devil
February 23rd, 2012, 8:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/pRJNw.gif

Yeah, I really got no words. :lol:

(raw thread)

K.... I said that Aksana could wrestle, and I would like to admit that I was wrong. WTF was that? :lol:

the_man_diva
February 24th, 2012, 6:57 AM
I just don't know if Layla can handle being on her own in the sense that she's never been a diva that was strong on her own in general, I know she'd be paired up with Ryder but she's not one of the standout divas if you ask me. She was good comic relief as a sidekick. Plus I don't know if she does well as a face, at all. What makes her appealing is her heel work, so I'm thinking the best possible answer would be Kelly Kelly. Makes 200% perfect sense.

Miz has history with Kelly, fucked up history too if you remember ECW and how he treated her. Eve and Kelly Kelly, BFF's feuding always makes for a great storyline. People don't probably remember but Ryder and Kelly had a POSITIVE twitter war going on last year prior to Ryder on t.v. going after Eve so they could probably spin that Ryder wanted Kelly but he felt she was out of his league or Kelly maybe wanted to be with Ryder but since he was so vocal about being with Eve....

DOn't get me wrong I do like Layla, but as a heel. I'd like to see her involved in this but on the Miz/Eve side, bring Miz and Layla back together since Maryse isn't here would be NICE! Love your idea, just think Kelly fits it better due to the depth of her relationship with Eve and Miz.

DUH. Why didn't I think of putting Kelly with Ryder? LOL. I think Layla could work as a face if they maybe have her be sassy and feisty; like when she was cutting that promo after her match at Extreme Rules when Kharma attacked; the way she addressed Cole would be refreshing for a face Diva. Layla and Miz reuniting would be fun, I liked them together, but then where does that put Eve? Maybe put Eve with Kane ... ? Kane did hurt Ryder badly, so obviously Ryder will want revenge, and if Kelly's with Ryder ... don't forget that Kane once tried to make Kelly his new "Lita" a couple years back. I actually enjoy THAT idea a lot more Ryder/Kelly Vs. Eve/Kane. Maybe build it for a Mixed Tag Team Match at 'Mania, which would be a nice break between all the big matches going on ... and then book Beth Vs. Nattie or Beth Vs. Kharma for the title elsewhere on the card.

BuffyRocks
February 28th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Wow, I am stunned as to how lackluster Kelly vs Nikki was. No wait. I'm not.

It is interesting that they could be going down a Kelly vs Eve road. I'm kind of hoping that if they do it is not a long term thing. I wouldn't mind Eve stepping away from the division/active competition for a while and seeing how she can do as a valet/mouthpiece for someone like Ziggler (not that Zig would need anyone talking for him because he can do that on his own). I'd just really like to see her in a different role for a while and I am enjoying her whorish heel turn and the fact that she is being given promo time AND maybe it's just because I have always been on the Eve bandwagon, but I think she is doing a great job with her mic work. It can only get better each time she is given an opportunity to speak in front of a crowd.

J.C
February 28th, 2012, 2:23 PM
I assume there will be no Divas match at Wrestlemania, I guess Kharma isn't ready to come back quite yet (not surprising seeing as she only recently had the baby) and there is no other match right now that I think should be on the Wrestlemania bill, maybe other then Trish vs Beth.

I wouldn't however be surprised to see Eve and Kelly mix it up in some sort of match or run in.

mth
February 28th, 2012, 3:52 PM
I think we're getting Eve/heel guy vs. Kelly/Ryder if anything. Maybe Kharma will pop up at the last minute to challenge Beth but it's seeming less likely at this point.

BIGFEETS
February 28th, 2012, 9:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_YmJ75HG3c

Derek
February 28th, 2012, 10:18 PM
I'd still hit it.

BuffyRocks
March 1st, 2012, 11:01 AM
So apparently at the most recent house show Eve Torres got the biggest heat by far. Now, I am assuming a few top heels were not present on the show AND it was a house show after all, but still I think that is great that she is managing to gain a real crowd response. Hopefully more of this can transfer over to TV.

Delta Devil
March 1st, 2012, 11:13 AM
She's doing a great job, I just hope the writers don't give her more backstage segments whereall she does is laugh at people... because that's not something that anybody can pull off effectively. Since the divas are for the most part the biggest afterthought in WWE, I wish they were given more flexibility in coming up with their own lines and being themselves. Though I'd say KK needs a writer, that's a given.

Watch her behind the scenes interview about Eve... "Umm, you know, like, she ummm, she's just not the same person. You know? Ummm, she like, you know, ummmm, doesn't care anymore."

UncannyIowan
March 1st, 2012, 11:17 AM
Hopefully it does transfer because we didn't even get a "Hoskie" chant out of Portland did we? They just seemed not to give a shit. Once Ryder returns it should definitely pick up. I'd like it if Eve stuck with the whole "using" people aspect of her character, but it needs to make sense. I also agree that the laughing needs to be handled better. It didn't really fit with her on Monday being all "Don't blame me blame society" and looking all pitiful, then somehow gains confidence to laugh in her former bff's face?

I'm diggin it though.

Now let's get Beth Phoenix some t.v. time while we're at it.

UncannyIowan
March 1st, 2012, 11:19 AM
I assume there will be no Divas match at Wrestlemania, I guess Kharma isn't ready to come back quite yet (not surprising seeing as she only recently had the baby) and there is no other match right now that I think should be on the Wrestlemania bill, maybe other then Trish vs Beth.

I wouldn't however be surprised to see Eve and Kelly mix it up in some sort of match or run in.

I think that Trish Stratus v. Beth Phoenix would be a great match to happen and could easily be put together within the next couple weeks. They've both been talking about it recently on twitter and in interviews so hopefully it's not just another example of wrestlers trying to use social media to get something just because it worked for Ryder.

BuffyRocks
March 1st, 2012, 12:37 PM
Hopefully it does transfer because we didn't even get a "Hoskie" chant out of Portland did we? They just seemed not to give a shit.

When the announcer said her name the crowd instantly jumped on it with a loud boo. And when she entered the ring the crowd was fairly vocal and totally started a hoskie chant (she didn't even start her promo right away because the crowd was hot). When she asked the crowd if they want to judge her the quickly jumped on that, too. I'd say the Portland crowd gave her a great response for a "new" heel. I agree, I hope that more of it starts transferring to one location to the next, but saying they didn't give a shit is completely inaccurate, that was a really good crowd.

And yes, time for Beth to get some time!

J.C
March 1st, 2012, 2:40 PM
But the trouble is there isn't a credible face for Beth to go up against at the moment. Kelly and Beth has been done this year and Alicia, Tamina aren't cutting it. They need Kharma back badly and until she is I don't think the division is going to do anything.

Assuming Beth isn't on Smackdown, I would get guess she wont be at Wrestlemania.

the_man_diva
March 1st, 2012, 3:59 PM
The Divas Championship has never been defended at 'Mania. Kharma is not ready to return and there isn't enough time to warrant a proper build between her and Beth; to be perfectly frank ... I'd rather a nice build than have them rush it and have Beth beat Kharma or Kharma win the title so quickly. The outcome wouldn't justify the means in the long run. There are so many huge match-up's this year that they almost NEED a Divas Match to properly break up the big matches. It's sad, but it's true. It adds diversity and I think it'd be a travesty if they didn't get a match. Since turning Nattie face would also require a strong build, which one month is not enough in my opinion, I say ... call Miss Stratus up.

We have The Rock Vs. Cena, Jericho Vs. Punk ... Trish Vs. Beth will definitely fit the trend of a legend from the past clashing with the future legend of today. Besides, Trish has never held that belt, and basically you can have Beth do what Cena is doing to The Rock, talking about how Trish is only out for herself and to collect trophies and accolades; it makes perfect sense really ... considering that Beth usually interacts with Trish (and takes the fall) when Trish comes out for her sporadic match-up's. Trish has enough star power that people will AUTOMATICALLY care about this match ... not only that, but they can play up that Beth has never beaten Trish; at 'Mania, you can have Beth defeat Trish ... and that just adds to her long list of "Barbie Dolls" she has broken ... from there, you then have her face Nattie, and ultimately, when she overcomes Nattie, that's when Kharma re-emerges.

Then, you can have Eve/Kane Vs. Kelly/Ryder in a Mixed Tag.

So you'd have -

1.) MITB - featuring the former World Champions/WWE Champions that aren't booked.
2.) Long Vs. Laryngitis - I'm assuming it's going to be a multi-man tag.
3.) Jericho Vs. Punk
4.) Eve/Kane Vs. Kelly/Ryder
5.) Sheamus Vs. Bryan
6.) Taker Vs. HHH
7.) Trish Vs. Beth
8.) Cena Vs. Rock

You could probably get away with one more match.

Moxie
March 1st, 2012, 9:16 PM
That sounds horrible to me. Trish Stratus is played out, and Beth Phoenix is boring (not her fault, it's the booking). At this point I think the only women's representation on the Wrestlemania card should be the female managers/valets (Vickie/Rosa) and maybe Kelly and Eve in some kind of mixed tag or in valet roles. Beth vs Kharma would be rushed, Beth vs Natalya would be bland given her farting gimmick (if they had kept with the Divas of Destruction thing and built up a natural rivalry between Natalya and Beth through all Beth's feuds, then yes, but that's not salvagable now).

There comes a point when you gotta stop playing certain cards. Trish Stratus, yes, she was good, but let's leave her in retirement. If the current women aren't interesting enough to make the Wrestlemania card, then they should just sit it out. It's not the end of the world.

the_man_diva
March 2nd, 2012, 4:13 AM
Sorry Moxie, I beg to differ. Trish and Beth have never had a one-on-one encounter; every time Trish has pinned Beth it has been in a Mixed Tag setting; what seems like a horrible idea to you is something I think can only further propel Beth and make her more interesting; she's going to need EVERY bit of momentum going up against Kharma, and defeating Trish ... well, that'd be a good notch to have on your belt. If you ask me, there are a lot of things played out in WWE that are going onto the 'Mania card, that doesn't stop WWE from booking it ... that sure as hell doesn't stop the fans from buying to see it ... considering every year WWE has botched the build-up to every 'Mania Divas Match since 'Mania 24 and have haphazardly thrown every Diva into the mix just for the sake of getting them on TV (either in a multi-tag, Battle Royal, or as Lumberjills), I honestly see no harm in using this event to help fix the problem with Beth's booking - and that's her being utterly boring at this point.

I'd rather see a legend that people care about and a great wrestling champion - who deserves to have a match given the shit she's had to work with the last week and making Eve and Kelly look extremely good in the ring - instead of a clusterfuck Battle Royal. It would still serve the same purpose, to be a break in between all the big matches, otherwise, what else do you have? The fans tired and exhausted going from one big match to the next, and with subdued reactions, the wrestlers can't feed off the crowd and thus it throws things off just a little bit. Anyone who has watched wrestling documentaries notes this as well.

You could easily bring back the Miss WrestleMania Battle Royal, but again, I, personally, would rather see a good eight-minute one-on-one title match.

PT*Paratroopa
March 2nd, 2012, 8:00 AM
Come on man diva, you know Trish returning for a Wrestlemania match would just see her pinning Beth clean and overshadowing the entire division again :panic: (--Divas thread of olden days). ;)

UncannyIowan
March 2nd, 2012, 12:16 PM
I've always said Trish Stratus was like the Hogan of the Divas in terms of how she was booked. Still, she rose to the occassion and there's a reason she's a legend, future HoFer. I don't like the idea of rushing Trish v. Beth for WM but it's the kind of match that you do rush because Trish isn't even part-time, she's like The Rock. If Beth beats her then it's a proper passing of the torch because Trish never did that. Lita was the Macho Man, so her losing to the likes of Melina and Mickie James on her way out wasn't exactly HUGE as say Trish putting over Mickie on her way out. Trish comes back, does the 1-2-3, Beth solidifies her own legacy as well. Beating Trish even now is a pretty big deal if you ask me, no diff than if Cena beats The Rock.

Delta Devil
March 2nd, 2012, 12:30 PM
I think if WWE really wanted to push themselves in the same direction as the Rock/Cena feud, they'd push for Trish/Kelly. That's a fued I really wouldn't mind seeing leading up to WM 29.

Moxie
March 2nd, 2012, 12:44 PM
I just don't think Trish vs. Beth would add anything to this year's Wrestlemania card. If there is a women's match, it'll be a "come down" match between two big matches. I think that spot should be reserved for Zack Ryder/Kelly Kelly vs. male-heel/Eve. Or maybe a fatal fourway between Beth, Kelly, Eve, and Natalya. Just pulling the Trish card again (for a second year in a row) is lazy and not the best choice. Now, if Trish were going into the Hall of Fame this year, then yes, book that match, but I feel there's enough current Divas to take the women's spot at Wrestlemania this year if there even is a match.

Besides, Trish and Lita want to make a movie about women's wrestling. If that gets done in the next year, they should both compete at next year's Wrestlemania... perhaps in a triple threat with Kharma or a tag team with another diva.

UncannyIowan
March 2nd, 2012, 2:04 PM
I think if WWE really wanted to push themselves in the same direction as the Rock/Cena feud, they'd push for Trish/Kelly. That's a fued I really wouldn't mind seeing leading up to WM 29.

I was meaning more along the lines of legend from the Attitude Era v. future legend of the modern era. Trish and Beth have been talking about wanting a match against each other one on one for the last couple years, and it's been flaring up on twitter. Kelly just doesn't have the total package to make it worth it.

I just don't think Trish vs. Beth would add anything to this year's Wrestlemania card. If there is a women's match, it'll be a "come down" match between two big matches. I think that spot should be reserved for Zack Ryder/Kelly Kelly vs. male-heel/Eve. Or maybe a fatal fourway between Beth, Kelly, Eve, and Natalya. Just pulling the Trish card again (for a second year in a row) is lazy and not the best choice. Now, if Trish were going into the Hall of Fame this year, then yes, book that match, but I feel there's enough current Divas to take the women's spot at Wrestlemania this year if there even is a match.

Besides, Trish and Lita want to make a movie about women's wrestling. If that gets done in the next year, they should both compete at next year's Wrestlemania... perhaps in a triple threat with Kharma or a tag team with another diva.

I don't think it's lazy when you factor in that Trish and Beth, like I said I said to Yellow Cewsh Devil Nuts up there, have been going back and forth for years about wanting to wrestle. When they ask Trish who she would come back and have one last match against, she always says Beth Phoenix. She's said it for like 4 years now.

I do like your idea though about holding off until next year but I don't know if the WWE would do it to help their movie if it's not a WWE release or a movie like The Wrestler. It is a little strange though that the last couple weeks I've heard and read the WWE promoting Trish's new movie, which I don't believe is a big national release or a WWE project. Could be a sign of things to come.

Now, if it was a mix-tag with Ryder and whatnot, I'd be down with that as well because it'd make sense. Ryder/Kelly v. Kane/Eve...well maybe not Kane, seems like he's all over the place so maybe Eve "uses" someone else.

jpowers_55
March 7th, 2012, 12:25 AM
I am all in for a Trish vs. Beth match at Wrestlemania but it wont happen this year because there wont be enough time to build it up with Eve getting most of the diva tv time. Maybe next year. Has Beth even been on Raw since after the Chamber PPV?

NickyT
March 7th, 2012, 3:14 PM
t's sad to report that WWE Diva Kia "Kharma" Stevens did not deliver her son on December 31st, despite what she told friends, according to a new article from TMZ. Kharma told the website that her baby passed away before she was able to give birth.

Kharma told TMZ that she initially lied to friends about the child being healthy because she was incredibly emotional and afraid to tell the public the truth after announcing her pregnancy on WWE TV.

Kharma is planning on starting a foundation for women who have experienced the same tragedy

Deeply saddened by this news. I have the utmost respect for this woman, no lady. Not only do I wish her the best in her career, but I wish her the best in her personal life too. My thoughts are with Kia.

J.C
March 7th, 2012, 5:28 PM
https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/1837386653/image_normal.jpg (https://twitter.com/#!/TheBethPhoenix)

The Road to WrestleMania is about to get <s style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(210, 108, 142); ">#</s>PinupStrong (https://twitter.com/#!/search/%23PinupStrong) !!<s style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(210, 108, 142); ">@</s>NatbyNature (https://twitter.com/#!/NatbyNature) and I have a cool surprise for all our fans to follow! Stay tuned...

Hopefully this means something is coming along. Beth & Nattie vs Trish & Lita would be kinda cool but totally out of nowhere. Most likely will turn out to be nothing.

RAWfan88
March 7th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Wow, that is incredibly sad for Kharma. She's in my thoughts today.

Tim
March 7th, 2012, 11:22 PM
That's a shame, not to downplay any miscarriage but to lose the baby so close to birth must be really sad.

jpowers_55
March 8th, 2012, 2:24 AM
Damm that is some sad news. What is it about female wrestlers and failed pregnancies? Candice Michelle and Jillian Hall both suffered one and now Kharma. Was Jackie Gayda able to give birth to Charlie Haas's baby?

J.C
March 8th, 2012, 2:40 AM
Jackie is like pregnant with her fourth child. It wasn't a miscarriage she gave birth to a still born.

I hope their is no link between the profession and it is unfortunately just one of those things. A difficult thing made more so by the fact it was all so public.

Tim
March 8th, 2012, 4:25 AM
Clearly I'm not a doctor, but you gotta think a job where you spend most of the time falling on your back, side etc. has gotta do some type of damage to your body and increases the possibility for miscarriage, stillbirth etc.

And wow, I thought it was a miscarriage, now I feel even worse for her and her family. I hope she takes care of herself before she comes back.

sam_elmendorf
March 12th, 2012, 4:51 AM
From a photo shoot on the New WWE.com
http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/photo_large/public/photo/image/2012/03/01_Diva_Gallery-1
Seriously. Who approved this shoot and swimsuit? Not all the shots are bad, but the top makes her boobs look saggy in some of them. And some of her facials are just bad.

J.C
March 12th, 2012, 2:50 PM
She's young, blonde, and hardly has any clothes on, the fans aren't going to care that her boobs look a bit saggy.

sam_elmendorf
March 14th, 2012, 1:46 AM
She's young, her boobs look a bit saggy. Fixed.:lol:

I'm a fan, and I care.

BuffyRocks
March 23rd, 2012, 11:56 AM
Nice match with Beth, Natalya, Tamina, and Eve. Too bad Eve's moonsault wasn't any good.

So Eve & Beth vs Kelly & Maria Menounos. Hmmm. Discuss?

UncannyIowan
March 23rd, 2012, 1:20 PM
Waste of time, does nothing for the WWE, the divas, or Maria. How many WWE/wrestling fans know who she is, or even remember her being on Raw? The fact that she's doing DWTS which prevents her from appearing on Raw to build hype for this useless match is the biggest negative. I'm almost at the point where they should've just had a Divas Gauntlet Match where the last 2 would be Eve and Kelly Kelly, then Ryder-who originally had a thing for Kelly Kelly if you remember their twitter contest-comes out and helps Kelly win the title.

Last year with Snookie, I understood. Snookie, sadly, is one of the most talked about reality cats if not the most talked about in the last decade. It very well could have brought buys in or at the least had more people come over to your WrestleMania party to see Snookie sink or swim.

What ruins it for me isn't really Maria but the fact her involvement and the way this match was put together has really nothing to do with Eve or Kelly, but more about Beth calling out certain celebs like Chelsea Handler on twitter. The irony of that is the WWE have barely put Beth on Raw or Smackdown, even during her whack ass Tamina feud there was hardly any Beth as opposed to Eve and Kelly and even farting Natayla.

mth
March 23rd, 2012, 1:23 PM
It will be around 3 minutes long and Maria will get the pin.

Tramp
March 23rd, 2012, 2:04 PM
Waste of time, does nothing for the WWE, the divas, or Maria. How many WWE/wrestling fans know who she is, or even remember her being on Raw? The fact that she's doing DWTS which prevents her from appearing on Raw to build hype for this useless match is the biggest negative. I'm almost at the point where they should've just had a Divas Gauntlet Match where the last 2 would be Eve and Kelly Kelly, then Ryder-who originally had a thing for Kelly Kelly if you remember their twitter contest-comes out and helps Kelly win the title.

Last year with Snookie, I understood. Snookie, sadly, is one of the most talked about reality cats if not the most talked about in the last decade. It very well could have brought buys in or at the least had more people come over to your WrestleMania party to see Snookie sink or swim.

What ruins it for me isn't really Maria but the fact her involvement and the way this match was put together has really nothing to do with Eve or Kelly, but more about Beth calling out certain celebs like Chelsea Handler on twitter. The irony of that is the WWE have barely put Beth on Raw or Smackdown, even during her whack ass Tamina feud there was hardly any Beth as opposed to Eve and Kelly and even farting Natayla.

It won't take up that much time on a 3-4 hour show. Stop crying about everything.

UncannyIowan
March 23rd, 2012, 2:12 PM
It won't take up that much time on a 3-4 hour show. Stop crying about everything.

I'm crying about EVERYTHING?

According to your statement it's ok to have shit on a ppv I'm paying $60 to see as long as it's not going to "take up that much time on a 3-4 hour show"....I'm all about quality when it comes to what I spend money on, the fact that this shit could've been done a lot better doesn't mean I'm CRYING about it.

Comic Zone.

Tramp
March 23rd, 2012, 2:55 PM
You're expecting it to be shit, I get that, but there's no reason to think it most definitely will be. For all you know, it could end up being a fun little match that takes up no more than 5 minutes. Maria's an athletic lady that has experience entertaining viewers, KK is a face diva that gets decent reactions from the crowd, Beth is the best female worker on the roster, and Eve is the biggest heal in the division currently.This isn't going to be a one hour iron lady match; it's going to be filler. So that's why I say it's nothing to complain about. Uncurl your lip, step off your soap box, and take it easy will ya? It's he road to Wrestlemania, not the road to The Whinery.

UncannyIowan
March 23rd, 2012, 3:10 PM
You're expecting it to be shit, I get that, but there's no reason to think it most definitely will be. For all you know, it could end up being a fun little match that takes up no more than 5 minutes. Maria's an athletic lady that has experience entertaining viewers, KK is a face diva that gets decent reactions from the crowd, Beth is the best female worker on the roster, and Eve is the biggest heal in the division currently.This isn't going to be a one hour iron lady match; it's going to be filler. So that's why I say it's nothing to complain about. Uncurl your lip, step off your soap box, and take it easy will ya? It's he road to Wrestlemania, not the road to The Whinery.

Again, filler can't still be quality on the biggest show of the year? You want to make the biggest show of the year the most stacked with not just talent but quality. I laid out what I thought would've been better, how that's whiny or something you want to try and pop off about is beyond me. The general consensus is this match is a waste of time when you factor in what's been going on in the WWE with the divas, and if you think this is acceptable just because it's going to be a short match just shows how much certain fans have dumbed down their expectations.

Not to mention nowhere did I say this match was going to suck, I talked specifically about it's putting a nobody celebrity in a match with Beth who hasn't been featured on Raw or Smackdown in months.

PT*Paratroopa
March 24th, 2012, 2:14 AM
So is Beth going to be the one who takes the fall against Maria when her whole gimmick right now is how nobody will ever beat her? Ugh...

And I know there's the option for Eve to take the pin too, but I think after her big heel turn, she's a bigger priority to WWE right now than Beth.

BuffyRocks
March 26th, 2012, 7:33 PM
So Maria Menounos has suffered two broken ribs. She even confirms it in a video of DWTS. And apparently she is still going to dance tonight and it has yet to be confirmed if she will or will not compete at Mania. I'd rather she just walk out and be in the corner of Kelly and... Alicia? Tamina? Natalya? rather than risk a more serious injury.

the_man_diva
March 30th, 2012, 7:04 AM
So Maria Menounos has suffered two broken ribs. She even confirms it in a video of DWTS. And apparently she is still going to dance tonight and it has yet to be confirmed if she will or will not compete at Mania. I'd rather she just walk out and be in the corner of Kelly and... Alicia? Tamina? Natalya? rather than risk a more serious injury.

This is a very easy fix ...

... You call Trish. If she can't do it. You call Kharma ... have either Eve or Kelly take the pinfall so that Beth and Kharma stay looking strong.

If that's a no-go, you turn Natalya. STAT.

And ... shit ... Michelle McCool is going to Mania as well. Layla is in Miami too.

Any of the above options > Everyone Else

UncannyIowan
March 30th, 2012, 11:20 AM
I think Natalya is already a face isn't she?

Once again this is just another example of how awkward the WWE were about booking a Divas match for WrestleMania when there were a lot better options than bringing in some nobody into a match.

I agree, call in Kharma, Trish, Layla, McCool, one of those would be perfect.

PT*Paratroopa
March 30th, 2012, 1:49 PM
Is Layla cleared to complete yet? It feels like she's been gone forever, and yet I've still heard nothing in terms of an injury/return update...

UncannyIowan
March 30th, 2012, 1:54 PM
It's weird, I like Layla but I don't really think she's going to really be given much when she returns. I guess the fact that she's always been paired up with someone has made it hard for me to see her on her own or being a leader.

Matty C
March 30th, 2012, 1:58 PM
Kelly was always going to do most of the heavy lifting. The match will probably be 5 to 10 minutes. I think Menounos will still "compete" but basically just watch from the ropes until the end, then throw a clotheline or something to help Kelly pick up the win. I don't think it will be a huge issue.

I had somehow managed to forget about Layla. I'm not sure how that's possible given how wonderful she is...

Tramp
March 30th, 2012, 2:24 PM
It's weird, I like Layla but I don't really think she's going to really be given much when she returns. I guess the fact that she's always been paired up with someone has made it hard for me to see her on her own or being a leader.

Miz deserves a reunion with Layla when she comes back. They were both nothing when they partnered up, now look at them. Miz is a top dog in my opinion, and Layla used to be a part of the biggest heel duo WWe had seen in years. Plus, I miss her big ass. So much.

Tramp
March 30th, 2012, 2:25 PM
[double post]

mth
March 30th, 2012, 2:29 PM
Is Layla cleared to complete yet? It feels like she's been gone forever, and yet I've still heard nothing in terms of an injury/return update...

She had a return match in FCW last week or so.

Matty C
March 30th, 2012, 2:35 PM
Miz deserves a reunion with Layla when she comes back. They were both nothing when they partnered up, now look at them. Miz is a top dog in my opinion, and Layla used to be a part of the biggest heel duo WWe had seen in years. Plus, I miss her big ass. So much.

I agree with everything here, particularly the second last sentence.

UncannyIowan
March 30th, 2012, 2:51 PM

I agree, Extreme Expose paired up with Miz helped Miz become the character we see today. While he's not as comedic and over the top as he was in ECW, I think Layla could be brought in and play the same role she did with William Regal.

I just don't want to see her brought back as a happy go lucky face.

J.C
March 30th, 2012, 5:19 PM
How big a star is this Maria in the USA? Will she get a better reaction then Natalya or any other face diva?

I really think the fans would get behind any of the women if there was a decent consistent angle leading up to the match

sam_elmendorf
March 30th, 2012, 7:40 PM
She's been involved with WWE for a while. Is a big fan, and has had a match or 2 over the last couple of years at least. She gets a pretty good pop when she's introduced. Nothing mind blowing, but a pop nonetheless.

the_man_diva
April 2nd, 2012, 10:45 AM
Man, was I the only one hoping for Kharma to destroy some bitches last night at 'Mania?

When did The Bellas choose different sides in the Long/Johnny feud? Enjoyed Aksana and Vickie going at it at ringside during the multi-tag, but hated that Eve just steps into the ring to do Zack's taunt when it is so clear that she's about to cost him the win. Kayfabe-wise, I hate Eve, which is good, because we're supposed to. But damn, it's hard to feel sorry for Zack when he's such a fucking moron, ya' know? You had it coming moron for giving that hoeski a second chance: woo woo woo, you know it.

On a non-mark note, I'm interested to see where this Zack/Eve thing goes now, and I love that Eve finally has a character and some development and a storyline; being the harlot that fucked over the entire lockerroom. She's going to be HATED tonight on RAW, loves it.

Did anyone find it funny that when AJ held the ropes open for DB ... that they barely moved because she's so little? LOL. I was shaking my head at her attire; it's your first Mania, why not dress up nice? Huh? Then Beth and her weird Bourbon Street-looking entrance gear. Seriously, she looked like she just stepped out of GLOW with her weird feather headpiece. Every time the Divas try to do something with feathers (Chyna, Melina, Beth) it just comes off so tacky. I think the only person who did it well was Candice and that was because her stripper robes were supposed to be like that; she was always cheesy and I loved that about her.

Nice to see Torrie in the audience; surprised they acknowledged her. Eve's outfit was rockin'.

And I'm proud of Kelly ... saw new shit from her and while she's no Molly Holly, that Go-Round Pin from the top was pretty fucking sweet. And I'm not happy that she pinned Beth, cleanly, and has beaten her for the third time, but Maria Menounos competing with cracked ribs gets some respect points from me. It was funny seeing Eve's make-up smeared on Maria's pants after the dual Stinkface.

mth
April 2nd, 2012, 11:34 AM
When did The Bellas choose different sides in the Long/Johnny feud?
SmackDown. Not the one two days before Mania but the one a week before that.

sam_elmendorf
April 2nd, 2012, 1:35 PM
So we're going from Natalya's farting gimmick to Maria Menounos having to deny that she shit herself at Mania! FFS!

NickyT
April 3rd, 2012, 4:38 PM
RAW:
So now that Brock Lesnar has returned, maybe there is a chance we'll see Sable appear on WWE television? In maybe as a part time diva of some sorts? I know I would love to see Sable return once again.

RAW is a spoiler until tomorrow, so I'm tagging the post.
-Vice

mth
April 3rd, 2012, 9:12 PM
Good god I hope not.

the_man_diva
April 4th, 2012, 2:50 AM
With Vickie in a non-wrestling role, I could definitely see Sable coming in every now and again; it all really depends on how long Brock is with WWE for and what his projected and slated dates are. From what I understand, the two lead a very private and secluded life; and she is now the mother of two little Lesnars. I think, if she's not going to pop up on TV, that she is definitely - more than ever - a huge frontrunner for the Hall of Fame on the side of the Divas. Instead of a heel though, I'd like to see her return as a face ... maybe guiding someone like Kelly Kelly so she isn't so naive about how things work in WWE, etc.

It also depends on if Brock is going to be interacting with anyone OTHER than Cena, as it's going to be hard to ignore that he [Lesnar] and Sable are married.

Jimmy Zero
April 4th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Fuck I hope Sable never comes back.

Derek
April 6th, 2012, 9:31 PM
So is one Bella a heel and one a babyface or do we still not care?

BuffyRocks
April 6th, 2012, 10:02 PM
So is one Bella a heel and one a babyface or do we still not care?

Pretty sure we still don't really care all that much. At least I don't.

PT*Paratroopa
April 7th, 2012, 1:03 AM
Other than Eve I would classify most of the women in my "I don't care" category right now.

Do you guys think that Beth is going to lose the title in a feud or in a random match on Raw some night? The latter is sometimes popular when they have a champion doing absolutely nothing.

mth
April 7th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Given what happened on Smackers, I think they're rekindling a feud with Kelly. Could see Kelly taking the belt off her as soon as Extreme Rules and then maybe they'll go ahead with the Kelly/Kharma feud they were hinting at back when Kharma debuted.

the_man_diva
April 8th, 2012, 10:47 AM
I'm not confirming OR denying what *I* heard from her personally ... but let's just say ... Diva fans, be on the lookout. ;) Buggy Nova is a complete sweetheart, great athlete, and absolutely gorgeous. She's always such a pleasure to work with.

http://fanvsfan.com/articles/wwe-to-sign-new-diva-buggy-nova

UncannyIowan
April 9th, 2012, 4:11 PM
Someone name dropped her not too long ago and I've been hoping she'd turn up in the WWE. Looks great.

PS-I'm all for rekindling Kelly v. Beth. It actually made the divas interesting last Summer-Fall. I'm ready for Kharma though, let's do it!

mth
April 9th, 2012, 4:50 PM
I'd be glad to see a goth chick in WWE again.

mth
April 9th, 2012, 8:37 PM
Sent to GERWECK.NET:

WWE Divas Brie and Nikki Bella, real names Brianna and Nicole Garcia, seem to be on their way out of the company.

The pair are being billed as former WWE stars for an autograph session at Frank and Sons in California on May 19th, according to the Wrestling Observer. The autograph session is being handled by American Icon Autographs.

Speaking to Diva Dirt in a phone conversation, American Icon Autographs president Sean Jacoby claims that the twins’ WWE contracts are set to expire on April 30th and they won’t be re-signing. He adds that he is currently handling their post-WWE bookings including the May 19th autograph session.

The Bellas have been with WWE since 2007 and made their television debuts in 2008.

Most recently, Nikki scored a win over Divas Champion Beth Phoenix on last week’s SmackDown.

source: diva-dirt.com

I assume most folks won't complain.

MikeHunt
April 9th, 2012, 8:48 PM
I will, fucking good eye candy.

Fanny
April 9th, 2012, 8:50 PM
actually their faces are heavy fucking ugly up close

MikeHunt
April 9th, 2012, 8:58 PM
I'm pretty sure I said they looked like Trannys before on here but I would still rattle them hard as fuck, maybe in the bum.

Suraj
April 9th, 2012, 10:37 PM
i'd care... i like the bella twins...

the_man_diva
April 10th, 2012, 1:30 AM
Remember that little rumor going around that they got called up to the Main Roster by threatening to quit in developmental?

Perhaps they are trying to get higher pay-raises? I find it weird that WWE would utilize them so much and they would actively tell someone they are re-signing. If they are on the way out in 20 days, I would be using them to put over Beth or Natalya like crazy ... if they don't re-sign, you HAVE to bring Kharma in to destroy them and write them out.

I call bull on that report; isn't one of them dating Dolph and the other dating DB?

sam_elmendorf
April 10th, 2012, 1:48 AM
Damn! They just got action figures too!:rolleyes:

:lol:

Tramp
April 10th, 2012, 12:10 PM
I'm happy to hear the Bella Twins are leaving.

Tim
April 10th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Remember that little rumor going around that they got called up to the Main Roster by threatening to quit in developmental?

Perhaps they are trying to get higher pay-raises? I find it weird that WWE would utilize them so much and they would actively tell someone they are re-signing. If they are on the way out in 20 days, I would be using them to put over Beth or Natalya like crazy ... if they don't re-sign, you HAVE to bring Kharma in to destroy them and write them out.

I call bull on that report; isn't one of them dating Dolph and the other dating DB?

Would a win over the Bellas do anything for Beth or Nattie?

I care that they're leaving, it makes me happy. Granted they're not the worst in the ring, they don't exactly light it on fire either and they're backstage segments are dull. And since they're leaving on their own I don't have to feel bad that they're losing the income. Now if Kelly could just follow them on the way out...

Cewsh
April 10th, 2012, 12:27 PM
I liked the Bellas, but they had no real place on the roster at the moment, so it makes sense for them to move on.

UncannyIowan
April 10th, 2012, 12:35 PM
No clue why the WWE wastes time with them, I get the twin aspect but they fail at making it entertaining. They're not bad to look at but nothing they do comes across as genuine on screen. If they move on, good for them, and good for the WWE.

MMH
April 10th, 2012, 4:40 PM
Fuck you haters.

I will be rather sad when they leave.

Jimmy Zero
April 10th, 2012, 5:14 PM
I like the Bellas. I don't want them to leave for no other reason than they're hotter than the other divas. Besides AJ.

Fanny
April 10th, 2012, 5:23 PM
here you go mate you dropped your white stick

NickyT
April 11th, 2012, 3:42 AM
Great Divas match on Smackdown, thoroughly enjoyed it.

RAWfan88
April 12th, 2012, 10:21 PM
So what's the over/under on Sunny finally getting it over with and OD'ing this year?

http://rajah.com/base/node/26940

Tramp
April 12th, 2012, 10:28 PM
So what's the over/under on Sunny finally getting it over with and OD'ing this year?

http://rajah.com/base/node/26940

God, I read stories about wrestlers suffering from addiction (Scott Hall breaks my heart), but Sunny I just don't care. Ever since she had her 15 minutes in WWF, she's been the most stuck up bitch on the planet who can't get through the day without complaining about how the young up and comers aren't kissing her feet enough. Like she's some kind of centerpiece of sports entertainment. Get well soon though.

mth
April 12th, 2012, 10:32 PM
I guess I could chime in on the Bellas after posting the news bit. Personally, I think they're alright and they've come a long way enough to deserve a spot on the roster. Having said that, I can't really say I'd miss them if they left, either.

RAWfan88
April 12th, 2012, 11:19 PM
God, I read stories about wrestlers suffering from addiction (Scott Hall breaks my heart), but Sunny I just don't care. Ever since she had her 15 minutes in WWF, she's been the most stuck up bitch on the planet who can't get through the day without complaining about how the young up and comers aren't kissing her feet enough. Like she's some kind of centerpiece of sports entertainment. Get well soon though.

Yup, she's completely delusional, has the most inflated ego in the business, and that's saying something. I don't feel bad for her.

the_man_diva
April 13th, 2012, 4:42 AM
Sunny's Hall of Fame speech was 40% touching and 60% me rolling my eyes. Everyone complains about Laycool inducting her in-character ...

... But no one points out the subtle dig at Sable and her opening line of, [Waving to the Other Divas - including Gail, Beth, Nattie] "Look at what I started, give the girls a hand." Da fuck? I'm pretty sure you didn't inspire those girls to be wrestlers. Sherri was a true Diva-trailblazer. She makes amends with old friends, gets the biggest accomplishment of her career last year, and just squanders it. It's a fucking shame because she really seemed like she got her act together and looked really healthy and good at the HOF.

MMH
April 13th, 2012, 6:12 AM
I guess I could chime in on the Bellas after posting the news bit. Personally, I think they're alright and they've come a long way enough to deserve a spot on the roster. Having said that, I can't really say I'd miss them if they left, either.

I shall miss their outfits. I have always thought they had some of the best attire in the womens division.

mth
April 13th, 2012, 10:16 AM
I agree with you, they had creative/unique outfits that stood out. My wife hates their outfits, heh.

Kyle_242
April 13th, 2012, 11:22 AM
How can anyone hate the sideboob unibootytards?

UncannyIowan
April 13th, 2012, 11:28 AM
I love Sunny. Don't care about Tammy Sytch's attitude and while I don't like to say "But think about her life", you have to factor in this chick was a heroin addict, she practically grew up in the business (remember she's not even 40 and has been in wrestling since 1991), the guy she was with since she was in HS died, and while I don't think she needs to constantly beat in that she was a trailblazer I can see why she does. She's weird, she comes across as bitter, like she doesn't get credit when she for sure does. They wouldn't have put her in the Hall of Fame if they didn't think that even with all her bullshit she's a legend and an icon in wrestling.

I met her when I was 15, the BodyDonnas were tag champs and they were doing a Superstars 4-week taping here in Des Moines. A few hours before the show they had a meet and greet where you could take pictures with them, get their autographs, pretty cool. My friend and I had front row and ironically were given Sunny shirts (where she's holding the pool stick) by the cameraman to wear so when the BodyDonnas came out they could show Sunny supporters in the front row....That was actually my first real taste of how a wrestling SHOW worked.

Met her again a year later at a video store and she actually signed my friend's Sunny shirt "NWO 4 Life"

You know who barely gets any love? Debra. Along with Sable and Sunny she was out there showing them puppies, she was like Sable-lite only she talked wayyyyyyyyy too much lol.

Suraj
April 16th, 2012, 10:02 PM
i think it's kinda odd that they added naomi to wwe.com's superstars page and the divas page... but not cameron...

UncannyIowan
April 17th, 2012, 12:50 PM
They can't have more than one black female on their website at a time.

This just in, Beth Phoenix nowhere to be seen prior to or after WrestleMania, yet still considered a WWE employee....

mth
April 17th, 2012, 4:07 PM
I assume that's just a bad joke but Kharma is also on their website.

UncannyIowan
April 17th, 2012, 4:19 PM
I assume that's just a bad joke but Kharma is also on their website.

Yeah it was a joke, not sure what Kharma has to do with anything though, we know where she is, and she's not the fucking champ either. Notice I didn't mention how we haven't seen Tamina before or after WrestleMania? Point is, Beth is your champion, she appears on one Raw since wrestling Tamina, and hasn't been seen since doing the jobby job at WM. Yet she's the champ....

mth
April 17th, 2012, 4:24 PM
I was responding to this:

They can't have more than one black female on their website at a time.

UncannyIowan
April 17th, 2012, 4:27 PM
I was responding to this:

AHHHHHHH.

They also have Alicia Fox.

the_man_diva
April 18th, 2012, 9:52 PM
Got to meet Kharma at CAC on Monday (it was the only day I was able to go). I was walking out of the hall where the Main Event Battle Royal was taking place (from what I heard, her fiance was competing in it). I went to open the door and she opened it first and entered and I - admittedly - marked out. She was wearing a black fedora and had her hair curled and was looking REALLY good. She's so much smaller in person. VERY sweet woman, shook her hand and told her I was a huge fan. Then right after that, AJ Kirsche from Tough Enough came up and introduced himself and then asked me, "Was that Kia?" LOL. Wish I could've talked to her more but she obviously wanted to watch the match.

I DID get to talk to Ivory for like a half hour though. My God, that woman is a pistol! Got my picture with her and she signed an 8x10 for me ... I told her she had a lot of gay fans and she said, "Omigod, LIKE CHER!?!" LOL. Told me she has a lot of gay friends and loves gay men. She did her Chyna impersonation for me from her shoot interview and my friend Casey asked the obvious "What do you think of the current Divas today?" and she said, "I don't watch, honestly, but from what I've heard ... it's not better than when I was there." I asked where the idea for her scarf came from and she was like, "I don't know, I just brought it and walked out with it." LOL. She stayed to watch the Freakshow 666 Man Tag Match I reffed and told the girl I train with that she "liked my sparkles" (I wear a sequined zebra vest) and she wished I had been involved more. So yay! I'm over with Ivory! She looks absolutely phenomenal in person; if WWE ever needed her to come in and do something, I'm sure she could do it no problem. I told her she hadn't changed since she left WWE and she said, "You haven't seen me in the pool."

On an unrelated-Divas note, I saw Cheerleader Melissa, but she looked super intense and I was genuinely nervous about approaching her ... she kind of looks like the missing Bella Triplet to be honest. Her abs are rocking! And I spent time hanging out and talking to Allison Danger, who lives here, and she wants me to take her to the gay clubs. LOL, not a bad first CAC. I don't know if any other former Divas were coming though.

PT*Paratroopa
April 19th, 2012, 11:03 AM
I am so jealous that you got to meet Ivory, man diva! I'd probably pass out laughing if I ever did because everything she says cracks me up.

And Kharma too! Sounds like an awesome day!

the_man_diva
April 19th, 2012, 7:08 PM
Yeah, I missed Rockin' Robin and Wendi Richter because I could only go on the first day. The school I trained at was paid to rent out their facility to a guy promoting a GLOW reunion so I asked Ivory if she was attending because they had a mystery participant, you know, since she was Tina Ferrari and all. She made a face and was like, "No one knows what's going on with that show." Cryptic considering it was revealed that the shady GLOW promoter - not the facility owner whom I trained for - stiffed a bunch of the girls out of pay and tried to leave the venue BEFORE the show ended. One of the girls who didn't get paid was Buggy Nova ...

PT, I totally thought of you when I was talking to Ivory, LMFAO. I mentioned to her that I loved all of her promos against Moolah and BB; she claims the promo with the broom, telling Moolah that she found her ride, came from Al Snow because he always would tell Ivory that joke so she used it. She also said that Al Snow told her to find a finisher that she could still use when she's old, and that's why she had the Poison Ivory as her finisher. :)

BuffyRocks
April 19th, 2012, 7:54 PM
Sounds like a fantastic day, man diva! I do love me some Ivory. I'd love to see her return, however I think only us women's wrestling fans would care (and probably not all of us even).

sam_elmendorf
April 20th, 2012, 2:37 AM
According to a new interview with K2 in the WWE mag. She thinks she's the first to take a brutal bump when Sandman hit her on the head with the singapore cane. Guess she forgot about all those hardcore matches with Victoria, Lita, Trish, Jackie, Ivory, Luna and whoever else came before her.

Tramp
April 20th, 2012, 9:37 AM
That's because she's an airhead in real life.

UncannyIowan
April 20th, 2012, 9:44 AM
I think that her getting the singapore cane shot was in the top 5 of all time brutal bumps for a Diva. Mae Young is #1, the powerbomb off the stage through a table by Bubba Ray Dudley will never be topped in the WWE. 90 year old woman getting that is on par with Eric Bischoff taking that Nashknife Powerbomb at GAB 1996. Mae Young was for sure protected but when you submerge yourself in the "fake" pro wrestling world, the visual is awesome.

The most brutal bumps from the likes of Lita are usually her fucking up a move lol. I can't really think of anything harder than a 19 year old barbie doll getting cracked by The Sandman in the WWE off the top of my head, Trish or Victoria getting hit with a chair FOR THAT TIME was pretty wicked. I don't know, this might be a good thing to discuss, where are the diva die-hards out there willing to throw up some valid arguments against K2's claim.

gl83
April 20th, 2012, 10:08 AM
I think that her getting the singapore cane shot was in the top 5 of all time brutal bumps for a Diva. Mae Young is #1, the powerbomb off the stage through a table by Bubba Ray Dudley will never be topped in the WWE. 90 year old woman getting that is on par with Eric Bischoff taking that Nashknife Powerbomb at GAB 1996. Mae Young was for sure protected but when you submerge yourself in the "fake" pro wrestling world, the visual is awesome.

The most brutal bumps from the likes of Lita are usually her fucking up a move lol. I can't really think of anything harder than a 19 year old barbie doll getting cracked by The Sandman in the WWE off the top of my head, Trish or Victoria getting hit with a chair FOR THAT TIME was pretty wicked. I don't know, this might be a good thing to discuss, where are the diva die-hards out there willing to throw up some valid arguments against K2's claim.

I'm gonna go back to the early days of the Lita/Trish feud when they were mainly valets. During the feud between T&A and the Hardy Boys, Trish and Lita were brawling and fighting with each other on top of a ladder and Trish knocked Lita off of the ladder and right through a table. I think that was more sick than Kelly getting hit with the singapore cane.

UncannyIowan
April 20th, 2012, 10:37 AM
I'm gonna go back to the early days of the Lita/Trish feud when they were mainly valets. During the feud between T&A and the Hardy Boys, Trish and Lita were brawling and fighting with each other on top of a ladder and Trish knocked Lita off of the ladder and right through a table. I think that was more sick than Kelly getting hit with the singapore cane.

I'd put that up there for the visual of it, not much more hardcore or brutal than when she was powerbombed off the top rope by Bubba. I'd def put it up there in the top 5, right up there with the chairshots, the singapore cane shot, and Mae Young. Glad you mentioned that, reminded me of the 6-person tag at Fully Loaded.

BuffyRocks
April 20th, 2012, 10:56 AM
I'd also say Victoria's powerbomb from the Goodfather through a table was a sweet bump, in addition to the chair shot that Sara (Undertaker's wife, at the time) took. Trish took a nice chair shot from Victoria, too. However, Kelly's bump was admirable and I was mighty impressed when it happened.

UncannyIowan
April 20th, 2012, 11:04 AM
yes, Victoria as a ho! I was trying to remember it thinking it was a Dudleybomb but it wasn't, it was RTC Goodfather right? That was a vicious powerbomb.

Tramp
April 20th, 2012, 1:18 PM
I'd also say Victoria's powerbomb from the Goodfather through a table was a sweet bump, in addition to the chair shot that Sara (Undertaker's wife, at the time) took. Trish took a nice chair shot from Victoria, too. However, Kelly's bump was admirable and I was mighty impressed when it happened.

I was too, and she even took Mike Knox's finisher as well! But as far as that goes, that's the only time she's been put through something that looked like it actually hurt. (As far as I can remember, honestly.) Nowadays, she's still throwing feathered punches and running the ropes like a newborn penguin. Any other diva could have taken that cane shot and then gone on to become a real female wrestler... but Kelly Kelly is still a horrible performer aftre all this time. And her bringing up a bump she took X years ago like it's the most insane thing any diva had been put through just makes me roll my eyes.

Suraj
April 20th, 2012, 3:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzIdCGu1UfU

probably one of THE best bumps ever taken by a woman... especially considering she wasn't even a trained grappler at that time.

BuffyRocks
April 20th, 2012, 5:31 PM
Kelly vs Eve happens on Superstars. Eve had some hoskie chants a few times throughout the match. I like Eve's bumping ability. I think she is doing a fine job as a heel, however I think she needs a few more months to grow into her heel style wrestling. What can I say about Kelly? I don't like her much, but I think she did a basically fine job in this match. Good job to both women for putting on a match longer than 2 minutes.

PT*Paratroopa
April 20th, 2012, 11:50 PM
Haha, that Victoria table bump video reminded me of the existence of Mandi. She totally disappeared after her WWE stint, huh?

Suraj
April 22nd, 2012, 11:28 AM
yeah, i think she went on to do some fitness shit...

RAWfan88
April 22nd, 2012, 2:51 PM
Not really "up there" with those other bumps but always thought this segment was pretty awesome... Maria and Christy took a couple of sick bumps for non-wrestlers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSV82t5gp9g&feature=related

PT*Paratroopa
April 22nd, 2012, 10:34 PM
That swimsuit contest is totally one of those moments where the crowd puts it over more than anything else. I mean JR is acting like Victoria is insane and jealous and just killed baby Jesus but the crowd is going apeshit for her. :lol:

It's also funny how Victoria goes from cheesy smiley mode when she shows off her bathing suit and two minutes later she's a stone-faced killer. :heart:

Jimmy Zero
April 22nd, 2012, 10:37 PM
I used to love Victoria. She always seemed like she'd be great in bed.

BuffyRocks
April 22nd, 2012, 11:43 PM
That still might be the best Widow's Peak.

the_man_diva
April 23rd, 2012, 5:50 AM
Kelly Kelly taking a kendo stick to the head ... definitely got her some respect points from me; but she hasn't really done anything shocking since then. I mean, Ivory and Luna looked like they beat the holy fuck out of each other during their brawls. These are some visuals that always strike me as fascinating or make me cringe that I think kind of rank higher than Kelly taking that shot to the face:

-Anytime a Diva (especially MOOLAH) took a guitar shot to the head from Jarrett.
-Trish, Lita, Mae, and Victoria's table bumps.
-Christy taking a glass jar to the back of the head from Victoria (I realize it was probably sugar glass but DAMN it looked fucking awesome!).
-Eve taking the Top-Rope Glam Slam ... still ... WOW!
-Trish and Lita and Stephanie beating each other with straps (Lita says in her book that one time they had to use a new belt from one of the agents because they couldn't find their regular strap, and she was grateful it was Trish's turn to get beat).
-Lita's botched Suicide Dive. I still cringe.

Also ... Sable ... who is lesser than Kelly as a wrestler ... hitting this move still makes me go DAMN!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bguYr_07N7s

UncannyIowan
April 23rd, 2012, 10:16 AM
Well keep in mind that the violence on women has toned down considerably since WWECW. I can't think of anything as brutal as that cane shot to happen to a diva since then, can you? Plus the stuff you're talking about I don't know if I think are AS brutal. The guitar shots were cool but we all know those guitars are not the same ones that Kenny Chesney is strumming on. IMHO, the cane shots are some of the wickedest of all time, I remember the cane shots Lita and Francine took in the original ECW, you can't fake/protect yourself from that shit.

Sounds crazy but I have been an advocate for some more "extreme" style matches out of the Divas. Ladder, cage, hardcore, a divas MITB=ratings. Why else do you think movies like Kill Bill and Resident Evil do so well, people like seeing women handle shit in a violent manner. Beth v. Kelly Kelly in a Ladder Match? Don't mind if I do pay you $50 to see that on ppv.

PT*Paratroopa
April 23rd, 2012, 9:49 PM
Do you guys think that Beth is going to lose the title in a feud or in a random match on Raw some night? The latter is sometimes popular when they have a champion doing absolutely nothing.

Ugh.

Also, isn't it funny how women rumored to be in the dog house end up being the next champions? Happened to Melina more than once too.

TheSupremeForce
April 23rd, 2012, 11:47 PM
Looked like an injury precaution to me. Better to push the title onto someone else, since it's not like Nikki can't drop the title within the next week (should they go that way). IF Beth seriously injured her ankle, they did the right thing. Having seen the replay, it definitely looked like a legit (and possibly severe) injury to me.

RAWfan88
April 23rd, 2012, 11:52 PM
This is just a setup for Kong's return, IMO. Can't wait. This has to happen.

And if the injury is a work, which I think it was, props to Beth for some ace selling.

BuffyRocks
April 24th, 2012, 12:02 AM
Indeed that was ace selling. This is just too perfect for Kharma not to return and take out the Bellas - retiring them and picking up the title in the process. Plus, it's a nice send off for Nikki to hold the title since her twin did, too. The Bellas strike me as dedicated employees who would have no problem going out via losing the title/putting over a huge name like Kharma.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Kharma returned on SD!, challenged Nikki, and then beat her at Extreme Rules... the PPV at which she debuted last year...

I'm really loving Eve.

I'm missing Layla.

Tim
April 24th, 2012, 1:26 AM
Fuck you whichever Bella won the title. That injury was a total work. I can't wait for them to fuck off and go fail at acting or whatever they're going to do next.

J.C
April 24th, 2012, 1:45 AM
The way her ankle buckled looked legit to me along with the slow reactions from the other girls and Natalya running from the other side of the ring to check on her once the bell went. The title was most likely going to change hands as the reign was getting stale and they were doing nothing with her.

The Bellas seem to be well liked backstage so at least they will appear on camera. I wonder if these rumours about the Bellas were just that or if a new deal has been agreed.

I am hoping Kharma is to return at this PPV to go after the Bellas (It is a year since her debut).

UncannyIowan
April 24th, 2012, 10:39 AM
I was really hoping that Kharma's music was going to hit and she was going to come down and just destroy all the divas that were down at ringside, stick Nikki with a powerbomb, and hold the title up in the air.

I'm not a fan of the Bellas one bit, I think the only reason they should be used is to finish the Kharma stuff and then send them packing. There are better workers and if LOOKS are the driving force, there are for sure better looking divas.

BuffyRocks
April 24th, 2012, 12:21 PM
I'm fairly certain Beth's injury is a work. If not, it's still not that huge of a deal. I've completely torn my anterior talofibular ligament (grade 3 sprain); I was in an air brace for a litte over a week. After that, I just wore a wrap for a few more weeks and had some physical therapy. I was back in gymnastics within the month.

Sans a fracture, Beth should be just fine.

UncannyIowan
April 24th, 2012, 1:16 PM
Ugh.

Also, isn't it funny how women rumored to be in the dog house end up being the next champions? Happened to Melina more than once too.

And like with Melina, I'm going to assume heavy cock taking is what is keeping the Bellas where they are. I think I read some shit that Nikki Bella hadn't won a match in like 3 years on Raw/Smackdown/ppv until like a month or so ago, and now she's the champ? I'm praying this is just a lead-in to the return of Kharma.

MMH
April 24th, 2012, 6:16 PM
And like with Melina, I'm going to assume heavy cock taking is what is keeping the Bellas where they are. I think I read some shit that Nikki Bella hadn't won a match in like 3 years on Raw/Smackdown/ppv until like a month or so ago, and now she's the champ? I'm praying this is just a lead-in to the return of Kharma.

And you have pretty much just confirmed that you are a misogynistic prick. Of course thats the only reason why women who you dont happen to like get to have a job!

The Bellas work hard, they do more appearances than almost anybody on the roster.

Nikki has won plenty by the way. Usually by way of twin magic.

As for the last part I assume thats exactly the plan. The Bellas contracts run out in like two weeks time so it makes sense to have Kharma come back and destroy to the point of no return.

MMH
April 24th, 2012, 6:17 PM
I'm fairly certain Beth's injury is a work. If not, it's still not that huge of a deal. I've completely torn my anterior talofibular ligament (grade 3 sprain); I was in an air brace for a litte over a week. After that, I just wore a wrap for a few more weeks and had some physical therapy. I was back in gymnastics within the month.

Sans a fracture, Beth should be just fine.

I dunno, her foot looked really wobbly when she was on the outside. She also fell over in a really weird part when getting thrown back into the ring.

Personally I think the finish was supposed to be the same way as it occurred minus the injury.

Cewsh
April 24th, 2012, 6:33 PM
And you have pretty much just confirmed that you are a misogynistic prick. Of course thats the only reason why women who you dont happen to like get to have a job!

The Bellas work hard, they do more appearances than almost anybody on the roster.

As for the last part I assume thats exactly the plan. The Bellas contracts run out in like two weeks time so it makes sense to have Kharma come back and destroy to the point of no return.

Yes to all of this. :heart:

BuffyRocks
April 24th, 2012, 7:30 PM
The front page confirms what we have all suspected. Beth is not legitimately injured. Nikki is set to drop the title to Kharma. Kharma is set to feud with Beth.

The Bella Twins seem like very dedicated employees, especially if they are choosing to put over Kharma on their way out. I personally dislike them in the ring (they are extremely overrated by the people who like them). They are not terrible in the ring by any means, I'd say easily better than Kelly, Aksana, and Rosa (seriously, why is she employed), I just prefer other people over them.

And now that we seem to be getting Kharma vs Beth, I can't wait to hear the backlash about how it's too soon and how Beth is an overrated wrestler and how Beth/Kharma will be boring and won't have chemistry.

Pipkin
April 24th, 2012, 8:21 PM
The main page saying something in no way confirms it...but in this case I think it's right.

Tim
April 24th, 2012, 8:37 PM
I don't mean to pick on you Buffy, but really? They seem dedicated? They're choosing to put over Kharma? They've done diddly squat for however long they've been with the company, got shit loads of unwarranted TV time and matches and now 2 title reigns. To me dedication is when you continue to do you're best even when you know there are little to no perks. The Bellas are dedicated to blowing John Laurinitis and probably Vince but that's about it. And putting over Kharma? If anything they should be thanking Kharma because it'll be the most memorable moment of their WWE careers when they job to Kharma.

And I will admit they're far from the worst, but having a double dose of something completely average isn't good at all. Imagine if Lance Storm or Hardcore Holly had a twin, and were on TV 4 times a night, that's the Bellas for me.

Cewsh
April 24th, 2012, 8:44 PM
The Bellas are dedicated to blowing John Laurinitis and probably Vince but that's about it.

Your post was as chocked full of sad, misogynistic bullshit as it is possible for a a paragraph to be, but this one took the cake. Seriously, how sad does a person have to be to think like this?

Chris Dolmeth
April 24th, 2012, 8:55 PM
Ladies only get jobs by sucking dick. It's science.

mth
April 24th, 2012, 9:01 PM
I probably ought to put misogyny back in the thread title. Good grief.

Bert
April 24th, 2012, 9:16 PM
If you put boobtacular back we need more pictures first.

Jimmy Zero
April 24th, 2012, 9:48 PM
I don't mean to pick on you Buffy, but really? They seem dedicated? They're choosing to put over Kharma? They've done diddly squat for however long they've been with the company, got shit loads of unwarranted TV time and matches and now 2 title reigns. To me dedication is when you continue to do you're best even when you know there are little to no perks. The Bellas are dedicated to blowing John Laurinitis and probably Vince but that's about it. And putting over Kharma? If anything they should be thanking Kharma because it'll be the most memorable moment of their WWE careers when they job to Kharma.

And I will admit they're far from the worst, but having a double dose of something completely average isn't good at all. Imagine if Lance Storm or Hardcore Holly had a twin, and were on TV 4 times a night, that's the Bellas for me.

If, in your warped little world, the Bellas are far from the worst yet still have to suck dick to have any sort of success in WWE, I can only imagine what Kelly, Aksana and Rosa have been doing.

Matthew
April 24th, 2012, 11:00 PM
this is the same guy who was annoyed by the WWE's choice of fart noise to use for natalya.

BuffyRocks
April 25th, 2012, 1:21 AM

Oh, you can pick on me all you want. I can take it. I agree with you, they are a double dose of average. As I've always said, if there were only one Bella twin, I doubt they would have made it to the main roster, much less last as long as they have.

I have made it no secret how I feel about the Bellas. Most people are aware I do not care for them and since I have justified my opinions I don't feel many people care to challenge me on my stance. That being said, the Bellas do a TON of publicity work for WWE.

And while too many people are normally prematurely released OR fade away from TV near the end of their contract, the Bellas seem OK picking up a fluke win only to be destroyed (supposedly) by Kharma in a week. Apparently, Nikki was suppose to win the title this Sunday, drop the title on Monday to Kharma, and never be seen again on WWE TV. So yeah, considering all of the things that could have happened, whether by circumstance or choice I'd say the Bellas do appear to be dedicated to their employers. Of course, dedication is measured in a variety of ways so I understand if this doesn't do much with how you measure it.

Also, side note. After all of the horrible women hating things that have been said in this thread over the years (I've been reading it since 2001), it takes two "The Bellas suck dick" comments to warrant someone a misogynist? Interesting.

BuffyRocks
April 25th, 2012, 1:21 AM
Double post.

I love Eve.

Cewsh
April 25th, 2012, 1:34 AM
This is not the first time someone in here has been called a misogynist. Hence the fucking name of the thread having that word in it for like 6 months.

Vice
April 25th, 2012, 1:42 AM
Almost 11 months.

MMH
April 25th, 2012, 3:21 AM
Right I reckon I am going to ban people who come out with misogynistic comments in here.

It gives me something to do.

Oh and Tim saying the Bellas have done nothing for the company is not only ignorant but its completely wrong. As mentioned they do a shit load of promotional work.

I also think that they are along with Beth (And Kharma when she gets back no doubt) the only women on the roster who display any sort of understanding regarding psychology and selling of moves.

Tramp
April 25th, 2012, 9:05 AM
I will agree with you to a degree, MMH. Taking a step back, they are indeed two of the most sound diva performers on the show and that to me is not debatable after seeing most of the roster on Monday. I've never thought of them as entertaining though. There acting can be cringeworthy at times and we've never really gotten a chance to find out who these two sisters really are. They've always been JUST the twins, and that's it. Even with that said, it was actually really nice seeing how happy Nikki was after winning the title. It makes me happy seeing happy people. :)

Jimmy Zero
April 25th, 2012, 9:40 AM
In terms of the in ring performances of the Divas who are obviously just there for boner bait, the Bellas are far and away the best ones on the roster. Sure, they're not as good as Nattie, Beth or Kharma, but they're leaps and bounds better than pretty much any of the chicks who are there simply to look hot.

BuffyRocks
April 25th, 2012, 9:44 AM
This is not the first time someone in here has been called a misogynist. Hence the fucking name of the thread having that word in it for like 6 months.

:lol: Yeah, I did notice. But it also had the word Boobtacular in it, which (in my mind) kind of made the misogynist part lose credibility.

Calm down, Cewsh :)

UncannyIowan
April 25th, 2012, 10:40 AM

lol. When did I say that every women I don't like in pro wrestling only has a job because they sucked dick or fucked to stay where they are? Melina? OMG, that's the longest running gag (no pun intended) about her, that she slept her way to the position she's at. We just had a shit ton of people ripping on Sunny a few days ago yet where were you with the threats? Sunny a filthy whore who slept with everyone according to 10-12 people, where were your ban threats? Laughable.

They do more appearances because why? They're soooo over? Who makes that decision? You? The fans? Or wait, maybe it's the guy who's pushing 70 that had Trish Stratus bark like a dog. I don't know, fill me in.

And check again slick, the last time Nikki Bella won a match prior to the Smackdown win over Beth 2-3 weeks ago, she hadn't won a match since an NXT episode in November of 2010. So again, fill me in on where you're finding your info.

Glad they're going to let Kharma destroy them, just didn't feel like a title change to a jobber was needed to make it happen.

MMH
April 25th, 2012, 2:51 PM
lol. When did I say that every women I don't like in pro wrestling only has a job because they sucked dick or fucked to stay where they are? Melina? OMG, that's the longest running gag (no pun intended) about her, that she slept her way to the position she's at. We just had a shit ton of people ripping on Sunny a few days ago yet where were you with the threats? Sunny a filthy whore who slept with everyone according to 10-12 people, where were your ban threats? Laughable.

They do more appearances because why? They're soooo over? Who makes that decision? You? The fans? Or wait, maybe it's the guy who's pushing 70 that had Trish Stratus bark like a dog. I don't know, fill me in.

And check again slick, the last time Nikki Bella won a match prior to the Smackdown win over Beth 2-3 weeks ago, she hadn't won a match since an NXT episode in November of 2010. So again, fill me in on where you're finding your info.

Glad they're going to let Kharma destroy them, just didn't feel like a title change to a jobber was needed to make it happen.

Im not here 24/7 thats pretty obvious and certainly not in this thread due to attitudes like that. Im also pretty sure that you are intelligent enough to realize that the ban threats were not serious. For the record I dont find any of it cool and I find lazy comments like that weather intended as a joke or not to be incredibly tedious.

What the fuck has Trish got to do with any of this? I very much doubt that Vince has any hand in saying who goes where as part of the promotional aspect. They will have people to arrange that and I would assume that the Bella's get sent out because they are willing to do so, are easy to work with and are good ambassadors for the company?

So let me get this straight...she got a win over Beth last week and then got a title match this week....whats wrong with that exactly? Since when do wins and losses matter anyway these days? Especially with the Women? Im not bored enough to get "info" from anywhere but she had a non title chot the week before and then got one after a win. So why does the past even matter? She had plenty of tag wins too.

Why not the title change? Kharma returns and wins the belt right away. The crowd will enjoy that so why not?

UncannyIowan
April 25th, 2012, 3:04 PM
I wasn't angry or fearing of bein banned, just thought it was funny how you came at me so strong.

I apologize if I'm "old school" and think wins and losses should matter. In a division that could use some credibility and stability, where the champion isn't off t.v. practically the last 2 1/2 months, only to lose every single match she's had in the last month to Maria Menudo and Nikki Bella of all fucking people.....So again, please, show me why it SHOULDN'T matter if Beth loses, because to me, having the longest reigning Diva champion of all time (which Beth would have been) losing to Kharma makes Kharma look even better than her coming and destroying weak ass Barry Horowitz Bella.

So you think Vince would be ok with ANYONE out there doing promo work for the WWE? You don't think the guy who has the final say on everything in the WWE would not have a hand in something like this? I'm not going to resort to name calling, but come on...I'm sure you're intelligent enough to know that Vince for sure has his hand in who is out there.

If you're not bored enough to get info why speak on it?

sam_elmendorf
April 25th, 2012, 3:40 PM
I kinda figured Beth was gonna lose anyways, because of the way they all of a sudden were hyping the reign. So no big deal who they gave the belt to. If they gave it to K2, Rosa or Maxine, the same shit would have been brought up.

"Oh, so and so must be gobbing the knob!"

Cewsh
April 25th, 2012, 3:46 PM
Honestly, if that sort of talk is going to continue, I'd at least like it to be accurate. It's a woman in charge of these decisions, after all.

sam_elmendorf
April 25th, 2012, 3:57 PM
It doesn't matter that Stephanie is in charge of the storylines. People are still going to talk stupid shit like that about the divas.

UncannyIowan
April 25th, 2012, 4:16 PM
I kinda figured Beth was gonna lose anyways, because of the way they all of a sudden were hyping the reign. So no big deal who they gave the belt to. If they gave it to K2, Rosa or Maxine, the same shit would have been brought up.

"Oh, so and so must be gobbing the knob!"

Naw, Kelly's at least over and the other 2 aren't overly exposed on Raw and Smackdown for the last 2-3 years. Not to mention it seemed like Beth and Kelly were going to do something since the reason Nikki won her first match in almost 3 years was due to interference by Kelly Kelly.

I wouldn't have made the cock sucking comment if any of them won, I wouldn't have been happy compared to just letting Beth hold on to the belt to Kharma could go over Beth, dethroning her from the longest reign since the birth of the Divas title.

I think it's comical how insane people are reacting toward these comments about Melina and the Bellas, like we're painting the industry with a brush it's never been touched by. Like it's such a slap in the face to these women, is it because we're not saying Hulk Hogan was probably sucking Vince's dick or Cena probably sucks off Vince and that's why he's still at the top.

I"d actually think that would be the case if say Trent Baretta won the World title next week on Smackdown.

MMH
April 25th, 2012, 7:58 PM
I wasn't angry or fearing of bein banned, just thought it was funny how you came at me so strong.

I apologize if I'm "old school" and think wins and losses should matter. In a division that could use some credibility and stability, where the champion isn't off t.v. practically the last 2 1/2 months, only to lose every single match she's had in the last month to Maria Menudo and Nikki Bella of all fucking people.....So again, please, show me why it SHOULDN'T matter if Beth loses, because to me, having the longest reigning Diva champion of all time (which Beth would have been) losing to Kharma makes Kharma look even better than her coming and destroying weak ass Barry Horowitz Bella.

So you think Vince would be ok with ANYONE out there doing promo work for the WWE? You don't think the guy who has the final say on everything in the WWE would not have a hand in something like this? I'm not going to resort to name calling, but come on...I'm sure you're intelligent enough to know that Vince for sure has his hand in who is out there.

If you're not bored enough to get info why speak on it?

Nowt wrong with being old school. I am myself and I agree that it would be nice if wins and loses etc meant something. But I think its kind of misguided to hope that they would especially in the womens division these days.

I find there to be a discrepancy in your viewpoints there though. Wins and losses should matter yet at the same time Kharma should just come in and beat Beth without no build up? Obviously there is more potential in Beth then chasing Kharma for the belt (I assume making Beth the face and Kharma the heel which i think is a risky move to be honest) but you can build that up to a match at at least Summerslam with some heat behind it and it will actually mean something.

So you are saying Vince is clueless then when it comes to promoting wrestling? Im not sure. Because he made Trish bark like a dog? Put it this way, he either does as you say and agrees everyone going out to do promo work (which he surely wont anyway, hes a busy guy after all) or someone else who is well versed in promo engagements sends them out either way whoever is calling the shots obviously have a lot of faith in the Bellas to put them in that position. Would whoever is in charge of all that send them out there if they were useless? Of course not, this is a highly successful multi million dollar company.

I still dont think its been that long since Nikki won but I aint going to bother checking, why would I as its pretty irrelevent realy. She beat the champ to gain a title shot. Thats all that matters.

I think it's comical how insane people are reacting toward these comments about Melina and the Bellas, like we're painting the industry with a brush it's never been touched by. Like it's such a slap in the face to these women, is it because we're not saying Hulk Hogan was probably sucking Vince's dick or Cena probably sucks off Vince and that's why he's still at the top.

I find misogyny disgusting regardless of who is the topic. Comments towards Melina seem to be actually based on actual rumours (if there can be such a thing) and have never been related to her in ring success. Cena and Hogan were at the top because they worked bloody hard thats why. Similarily the Bellas got lots of TV time and in this case a token title win for Nikki because they also work incredibly hard. They never seemed to be any trouble at all, did lots of work outside of the ring and were actually decent in the ring especially when compared to the rest of the womens roster. Note I say decent, not great but middle of the pack. Certainly worth a spot on the roster and actually moreso than others due to their other work.

But no, its actually because they had sexual relations with people in power lolz!

Its pathetic, and it aint just you to be fair but hey I cant help how I feel about stuff like that.

And what the fuck is going on with the weird quote font colours...

RAWfan88
April 25th, 2012, 8:11 PM
Just read the story on the front page, so two things: 1) confirmed Beth's injury is a work and that she can SELL 2) Kharma is going to eat the Bellas.

Awesome.

RAWfan88
April 25th, 2012, 8:18 PM

Nobody called Sunny a whore. We said she's an entitled, egotistical psychopath who should just get her inevitable drug overdose done with already.

RAWfan88
April 25th, 2012, 8:25 PM
That still might be the best Widow's Peak.

Agreed, the Widow's Peak to Hemme was pretty awesome, and I think this one to Molly Holly is up there too (5:10):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3AjGxV_zYE

Also have to lol @ the first comment on this video... some dude really hates Molly Holly, he posted rants about her on every youtube video.

BuffyRocks
April 26th, 2012, 1:19 AM
Agreed, the Widow's Peak to Hemme was pretty awesome, and I think this one to Molly Holly is up there too (5:10):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3AjGxV_zYE

Also have to lol @ the first comment on this video... some dude really hates Molly Holly, he posted rants about her on every youtube video.

Damn! That might be better than Hemme's. Molly was such a fantastic wrestler. Not enough of her kind (in the men's division, too).

UncannyIowan
April 26th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Nowt wrong with being old school. I am myself and I agree that it would be nice if wins and loses etc meant something. But I think its kind of misguided to hope that they would especially in the womens division these days.

I find there to be a discrepancy in your viewpoints there though. Wins and losses should matter yet at the same time Kharma should just come in and beat Beth without no build up? Obviously there is more potential in Beth then chasing Kharma for the belt (I assume making Beth the face and Kharma the heel which i think is a risky move to be honest) but you can build that up to a match at at least Summerslam with some heat behind it and it will actually mean something.

So you are saying Vince is clueless then when it comes to promoting wrestling? Im not sure. Because he made Trish bark like a dog? Put it this way, he either does as you say and agrees everyone going out to do promo work (which he surely wont anyway, hes a busy guy after all) or someone else who is well versed in promo engagements sends them out either way whoever is calling the shots obviously have a lot of faith in the Bellas to put them in that position. Would whoever is in charge of all that send them out there if they were useless? Of course not, this is a highly successful multi million dollar company.

I still dont think its been that long since Nikki won but I aint going to bother checking, why would I as its pretty irrelevent realy. She beat the champ to gain a title shot. Thats all that matters.

I find misogyny disgusting regardless of who is the topic. Comments towards Melina seem to be actually based on actual rumours (if there can be such a thing) and have never been related to her in ring success. Cena and Hogan were at the top because they worked bloody hard thats why. Similarily the Bellas got lots of TV time and in this case a token title win for Nikki because they also work incredibly hard. They never seemed to be any trouble at all, did lots of work outside of the ring and were actually decent in the ring especially when compared to the rest of the womens roster. Note I say decent, not great but middle of the pack. Certainly worth a spot on the roster and actually moreso than others due to their other work.

But no, its actually because they had sexual relations with people in power lolz!

Its pathetic, and it aint just you to be fair but hey I cant help how I feel about stuff like that.

And what the fuck is going on with the weird quote font colours...

Who said there would be no build toward Kharma beating Beth? Kharma v. Nikki Bella isn't happening this Sunday, so I don't know where or why you would assume that I think there shouldn't be any build.....

Yeah I think Vince is clueless (OOOOOK) yet you're the one saying that Vince would for some reason not have a say in who does promotional work for the WWE. My point was simply WHY are the Bellas getting these opportunities when they're not good in the ring, they are boring outside of the ring, I think someone said they've simply just been "the twins" and that's where the appeal stops. Let's also not blow out of proportion the fact that we don't know the exact number of events they are involved in outside of wrestling in terms of promotional work. I see them just as much as I see Alicia Fox or Beth Phoenix or Eve or K2 when they show highlights of divas visiting troops or Make A Wish type stuff.

Yes, it's been since a Nov 2010 episode of NXT since Nikki won a match prior to Kelly Kelly helping her beat Beth 2 weeks ago on Smackdown. Why would I make that up and it's relevant to the argument when pointing out how miserable the division is booked?

The bottom line is if you think that one of the Bellas needed to win the title from Beth and have this whole "injury" angle go about instead of a decent program with the top 2 women in the company, then that's an opinion I just can't get down with. I would have rather seen Beth Phoenix start up a feud with Kharma when she returns, hold the title for another month or two and THEN drop the belt to Kharma. There's no need for Barry Horowitz Bella to hold the strap just so Kharma can squash them and make the belt and her win look lame.

MMH
April 26th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Who said there would be no build toward Kharma beating Beth? Kharma v. Nikki Bella isn't happening this Sunday, so I don't know where or why you would assume that I think there shouldn't be any build.....

Yeah I think Vince is clueless (OOOOOK) yet you're the one saying that Vince would for some reason not have a say in who does promotional work for the WWE. My point was simply WHY are the Bellas getting these opportunities when they're not good in the ring, they are boring outside of the ring, I think someone said they've simply just been "the twins" and that's where the appeal stops. Let's also not blow out of proportion the fact that we don't know the exact number of events they are involved in outside of wrestling in terms of promotional work. I see them just as much as I see Alicia Fox or Beth Phoenix or Eve or K2 when they show highlights of divas visiting troops or Make A Wish type stuff.

Yes, it's been since a Nov 2010 episode of NXT since Nikki won a match prior to Kelly Kelly helping her beat Beth 2 weeks ago on Smackdown. Why would I make that up and it's relevant to the argument when pointing out how miserable the division is booked?

The bottom line is if you think that one of the Bellas needed to win the title from Beth and have this whole "injury" angle go about instead of a decent program with the top 2 women in the company, then that's an opinion I just can't get down with. I would have rather seen Beth Phoenix start up a feud with Kharma when she returns, hold the title for another month or two and THEN drop the belt to Kharma. There's no need for Barry Horowitz Bella to hold the strap just so Kharma can squash them and make the belt and her win look lame.

Them not being good in the ring is totally subjective though. I happen to think they are decent enough (Brie moreso than Nikki) and in storylines they have the bonus of always being able to pick up a win due to cheating due to their gimmick.

Of course we can tell who does lots of promotional work, its on their website! Its well known they do more than most anyway. Thats not to say others dont do stuff. Everyone works hard.

The match could easily happen on Sunday anyway. Or it could be a case of them hanging round for a while longer until Kharma does return and then leaving.

The title is already lame. Beth's title run was lame regardless of length so what does it really matter? Their is a built in storyline of Kharma getting revenge on the two Bellas and the visual of her dominating both girls at the same time. Im fine with that.

Cewsh
April 26th, 2012, 12:00 PM
I actually love that the Bellas will be the first victims of Kharma (lolpun) after they mocked her for how she left and all that.

UncannyIowan
April 26th, 2012, 3:44 PM
Them not being good in the ring is totally subjective though. I happen to think they are decent enough (Brie moreso than Nikki) and in storylines they have the bonus of always being able to pick up a win due to cheating due to their gimmick.

Of course we can tell who does lots of promotional work, its on their website! Its well known they do more than most anyway. Thats not to say others dont do stuff. Everyone works hard.

The match could easily happen on Sunday anyway. Or it could be a case of them hanging round for a while longer until Kharma does return and then leaving.

The title is already lame. Beth's title run was lame regardless of length so what does it really matter? Their is a built in storyline of Kharma getting revenge on the two Bellas and the visual of her dominating both girls at the same time. Im fine with that.

There is for sure a built in storyline that doesn't need the title involved nor anything more than Kharma coming out and doing what she did to Michelle McCool in her last WWE appearance. Kharma could just walk out, spinning backfist Brie out of the ring, powerbomb Nikki, then Warrior-press Nikki over the top to the outside on to Brie, not only killing them but sending a message in the process.

The only way that match is happening on Sunday is if they piece it together on Smackdown or have Kharma show up @ Extreme Rules. Again, ending Beth Phoenix's reign simply to squash these chicks wasn't necessary and the fact that Beth's reign hasn't been the great is a prime reason to at least end it on a high instead of some shit like we saw on Raw.

See, I'm someone who wants to see the Divas have at least an ounce of credibility instead of what we've seen since pretty much LayCool bounced and Kharma got preggo. You and others might look down on the division but I don't and that is more than likely where we'll keep butting heads.

MMH
April 26th, 2012, 3:59 PM
There is for sure a built in storyline that doesn't need the title involved nor anything more than Kharma coming out and doing what she did to Michelle McCool in her last WWE appearance. Kharma could just walk out, spinning backfist Brie out of the ring, powerbomb Nikki, then Warrior-press Nikki over the top to the outside on to Brie, not only killing them but sending a message in the process.

The only way that match is happening on Sunday is if they piece it together on Smackdown or have Kharma show up @ Extreme Rules. Again, ending Beth Phoenix's reign simply to squash these chicks wasn't necessary and the fact that Beth's reign hasn't been the great is a prime reason to at least end it on a high instead of some shit like we saw on Raw.

See, I'm someone who wants to see the Divas have at least an ounce of credibility instead of what we've seen since pretty much LayCool bounced and Kharma got preggo. You and others might look down on the division but I don't and that is more than likely where we'll keep butting heads.

I dont look down on the division! Im one of the biggest proponents of womens wrestling on here! Infact screw this place, on earth!

But if its credibility you are after for womens wrestling in the WWE well in general you aint going to get it due to their philosophy. You are only going to disappointed if you hope otherwise. It is what it is.

UncannyIowan
April 26th, 2012, 4:16 PM
I dont look down on the division! Im one of the biggest proponents of womens wrestling on here! Infact screw this place, on earth!

But if its credibility you are after for womens wrestling in the WWE well in general you aint going to get it due to their philosophy. You are only going to disappointed if you hope otherwise. It is what it is.

You don't look down on the division? Hmm, you might be someone who posts more frequently on Rajah in this thread but you constantly using the "It's the Divas division who cares" response doesn't really sound like you're doing anything BUT looking down on the division. You saying "The title is already lame", yet not thinking "Ok I see why Kharma beating a dominant champion who's held the belt for almost a year is a better win for Kharma as opposed to squashing Barry Horriblewitz Bella to get the title."

That's a big problem with wrestling fans these days, just settling because it's what the WWE does. That doesn't make it cool or good for the business, that's what has ruined the industry. So yeah, it's credibility that I want, just because the WWE isn't doing much right now doesn't mean they can't be called out on it or God forbid IMPROVE.

MMH
April 26th, 2012, 4:32 PM
You don't look down on the division? Hmm, you might be someone who posts more frequently on Rajah in this thread but you constantly using the "It's the Divas division who cares" response doesn't really sound like you're doing anything BUT looking down on the division. You saying "The title is already lame", yet not thinking "Ok I see why Kharma beating a dominant champion who's held the belt for almost a year is a better win for Kharma as opposed to squashing Barry Horriblewitz Bella to get the title."

That's a big problem with wrestling fans these days, just settling because it's what the WWE does. That doesn't make it cool or good for the business, that's what has ruined the industry. So yeah, it's credibility that I want, just because the WWE isn't doing much right now doesn't mean they can't be called out on it or God forbid IMPROVE.

Agreed but they wont. They just wont.

I used to write one of the womens columns on here (the best one naturally!)

As much as I would like stuff to improve im just dealing in facts here. The title is pathetic more than lame. Totally worthless but is an excuse to get the women on TV so thats a plus point.

I think you are missing the point with the Bella squash thing. They are leaving, Kharma is returning. It cant really wait much longer and you can still get a great story going by Beth chasing Kharma instead of the other way around. She may have held it for a long time but she was hardly on TV for long periods so it renders the time scale irrelevent.

UncannyIowan
April 26th, 2012, 4:43 PM
Agreed but they wont. They just wont.

I used to write one of the womens columns on here (the best one naturally!)

As much as I would like stuff to improve im just dealing in facts here. The title is pathetic more than lame. Totally worthless but is an excuse to get the women on TV so thats a plus point.

I think you are missing the point with the Bella squash thing. They are leaving, Kharma is returning. It cant really wait much longer and you can still get a great story going by Beth chasing Kharma instead of the other way around. She may have held it for a long time but she was hardly on TV for long periods so it renders the time scale irrelevent.

I'm not missing the point at all. The problem I have which is what I've said since the beginning of this conversation is that the title didn't need to go to that jobber Bella just so Kharma could come in and squash her. You're assuming Beth will turn face and chase after Kharma in a typical WWE-booking style, but for me it would've been better had Kharma been the face to unseat the dominant heel Beth Phoenix. Beth sucks as a face, the last thing I want to see is Beth turn face because it's going to take a lot to get the crowd to turn against Kharma to make Beth's run as a face solid.

I'm sure your column was the Hulkamania of columns, but I've never read it so I don't know if you shit on the division or praised it, or a mix of both. Right now though all I'm hearing is "The title is pathethic/lame so who cares." I do, and I think you should and others should which is why, again, ending Beth's mega run just so Kharma can take the belt off of transitional champion Barry Bella because the Bellas made fun of Kharma a year ago.

I'm not a mega fan of the Divas, I don't go out of my way to watch them, and this is why I don't watch them. When they get something good they don't know how to handle it. Case in point: Why is Kelly Kelly helping the Bellas beat Beth Phoenix and then nothing come of it? Why are Kelly and Eve having a match on Superstars instead of ppv? Or a show that people actually watch like Raw? Why is Beth 10 months into her reign A-barely on t.v. and then put in a match @ WM only to job every match since beating Tamina in Feb? Just makes no sense. Fuck.

MMH
April 26th, 2012, 7:56 PM
I'm not missing the point at all. The problem I have which is what I've said since the beginning of this conversation is that the title didn't need to go to that jobber Bella just so Kharma could come in and squash her. You're assuming Beth will turn face and chase after Kharma in a typical WWE-booking style, but for me it would've been better had Kharma been the face to unseat the dominant heel Beth Phoenix. Beth sucks as a face, the last thing I want to see is Beth turn face because it's going to take a lot to get the crowd to turn against Kharma to make Beth's run as a face solid.

I'm sure your column was the Hulkamania of columns, but I've never read it so I don't know if you shit on the division or praised it, or a mix of both. Right now though all I'm hearing is "The title is pathethic/lame so who cares." I do, and I think you should and others should which is why, again, ending Beth's mega run just so Kharma can take the belt off of transitional champion Barry Bella because the Bellas made fun of Kharma a year ago.

I'm not a mega fan of the Divas, I don't go out of my way to watch them, and this is why I don't watch them. When they get something good they don't know how to handle it. Case in point: Why is Kelly Kelly helping the Bellas beat Beth Phoenix and then nothing come of it? Why are Kelly and Eve having a match on Superstars instead of ppv? Or a show that people actually watch like Raw? Why is Beth 10 months into her reign A-barely on t.v. and then put in a match @ WM only to job every match since beating Tamina in Feb? Just makes no sense. Fuck.

I do care. But worrying about it is futile. Nothing will change. Same with the tag division, same with the lesser titles and worryingly same for the main titles (or getting there)

Nothing means anything anymore.

I found the Tamina thing strange anyway. They pushed her as a threat for a month, she starts to get over somewhat and then he loses and disappears. But they always do that anyway.

PT*Paratroopa
April 27th, 2012, 1:11 AM
Beth vs. Nikki for the title has been announced (http://www.wwe.com/shows/extremerules/2012/nikki-bella-beth-phoenix) for Extreme Rules... huh?

So I guess the Bellas win through shenanigans and then Kharma comes out and murders both?

G-Fresh
April 27th, 2012, 9:27 AM
The Bellas get way too much hate.

the_man_diva
April 27th, 2012, 10:21 AM
I love Kharma, but I don't think she should be winning that Divas Championship in her first match in WWE. Then, there's nothing for her to work towards. I'm sorry, I see where they are going and I'll enjoy it regardless as long as I get to see the girls put on some great matches ... but here's what I'd like to see happen. Beth has her match against Nikki ... then Kharma interrupts the match and destroys the twins. It's announced that both of them suffered multiple injuries, blah, blah, blah ... and thus, Eve announces the title has been vacated, and they kick off a tournament. AJ has been getting a lot of exposure, you could have Eve meddle with her newfound power trying to get herself pushed through the tournament or magically changing stipulations to her convenience ... maybe have Nattie and Beth square off. Until it's finally Beth Vs. Kharma OR Nattie Vs. Kharma OR Eve Vs. Kharma.

I would like Beth to be heel against face Kharma; if Kharma goes heel, I would really like to see face Nattie against her. You know those two would put on a hell of a match too.

I just really think that it'll be shitty to have Kharma, who has been gone almost a year with one appearance at Royal Rumble, coming in and winning the title in her first single's match back from her pregnancy. They really could've had Nattie Vs. Beth, while having Kharma deal with the twins and other Divas like Vickie and Eve who need a dose of karma. Bah, oh well.

Delta Devil
April 27th, 2012, 4:48 PM
The Bellas get way too much hate.

I hate their lacks of entertainment skills, but I hope they're successful after they leave WWE.

BuffyRocks
April 27th, 2012, 5:24 PM
Kelly vs Maxine on Superstars was as expected. Lots of rest holds and awkward wrestling. Kelly's application of her finisher was hilarious to me; she took her time and gingerly placed her leg over Maxine's head before executing the K2. Kelly is just not a believable offensive wrestler and she is just too subpar of an all around performer at this point in her career for me to praise her on any improvements (of which their has been.. some).

Alicia vs Nikki wasn't too shabby. I can understand why people get behind the Bellas; I think for me too much time passed before they could spark my interest... now I don't really want to invest any time into them. But, that's just me.

I'm really just interested in a potential Beth vs Kharma feud and Eve's new role in WWE. This way Eve can still be featured without taking up "a spot" in the active Divas division. Now she may have time to actually build a character.

I like Man Divas idea of the title going inactive this Sunday (due to a Kharma interference) and Eve having a tournament to decide the new champ.

I'd kind of like Layla to return to Teddy's side and have a Layla vs Eve feud at the end of the Summer without the title involved.

OK and those were my random thoughts of the day. Neat.

MMH
April 27th, 2012, 5:43 PM
I hate their lacks of entertainment skills, but I hope they're successful after they leave WWE.

There is zero difference in entertainment skills between them and the rest of the womens roster.

Up to you if you see that as a good or bad thing.

RAWfan88
April 27th, 2012, 7:01 PM
I love Kharma, but I don't think she should be winning that Divas Championship in her first match in WWE.

I just really think that it'll be shitty to have Kharma, who has been gone almost a year with one appearance at Royal Rumble, coming in and winning the title in her first single's match back from her pregnancy.

Yeah, cause THAT will really hurt the credibility of the title held by greats such as Kelly Kelly, The Bella Twins, and Alicia Fox.

the_man_diva
April 27th, 2012, 7:25 PM
Routinely switching in-and-out the title and passing it around like a game of Hot-Fucking-Potato does nothing to help build the credibility of the title from ground zero. Placing it solely on Kharma in her first match is a product of convenience, not creativity. Where does she go from there? Beth chases her and eventually wins the belt. It was bad enough that you had Beth lose cleanly to Kelly last summer two PPV's in a row, with one being in her hometown. Are we going to have her beat by Kharma twice in a row throughout THIS summer? Are we sure we want to do babyface Kharma as the champ straight out of the gate ... against a heel Beth? Because if they try to reverse roles, it could end badly and frankly, I think Beth deserves a tremendous babyface run against one of the best females in wrestling today.

This is the constant problem, WWE feels they have to interject the title into every feud. When, in reality, you can have a feud without a title based on a very personal issue (such as the Bellas Vs. Kharma) and then have parallel-running feud such as Nattie Vs. Beth that is about two friends with respect for each other WANTING the title.

Just because the title has been tarnished in the past, doesn't mean it can't be redeemed. Just because it's been a lame duck belt for the last year doesn't mean it's excusable to do what-the-fuck-ever with it. WWE is supposed to be THE wrestling company in the world. It's supposed to feature the best. Without Kharma, you had girls like Nattie, Beth, Eve, Tamina, and AJ that know how to work ... and girls like Alicia, Kelly, the Bellas, that can sell very well. If you have people who can work, if you're supposed to be THE best wrestling company out there, WHY aren't we getting THE absolute best? It's mind-boggling and annoying.

Beth's title reign was perfectly fine until she disappeared for MONTHS without explanation and lost to a non-wrestler at 'Mania CLEANLY. Passing around the belt only further diminishes the importance of holding the belt. That's how I've always viewed things. Putting it on Kharma isn't instantly going to make the belt important; it'll just make Kharma hit her head against the glass ceiling of the Women's Division. Plus, I think WWE should test run Kharma first to make sure she is mentally and physically ready to do what needs to be done to revamp the division. I think she is, but let us not forget that WWE doesn't have a great track record when it comes to putting their eggs in one basket. Ease her in, test out some other stuff to make things interesting, build up the other girls so it's not just Beth Vs. Kharma to the point where it becomes boring to the fans. That's all I'm saying.

MMH
April 27th, 2012, 7:57 PM
Just because the title has been tarnished in the past, doesn't mean it can't be redeemed. Just because it's been a lame duck belt for the last year doesn't mean it's excusable to do what-the-fuck-ever with it. WWE is supposed to be THE wrestling company in the world. It's supposed to feature the best. Without Kharma, you had girls like Nattie, Beth, Eve, Tamina, and AJ that know how to work ... and girls like Alicia, Kelly, the Bellas, that can sell very well. If you have people who can work, if you're supposed to be THE best wrestling company out there, WHY aren't we getting THE absolute best? It's mind-boggling and annoying.

Nah its not really. WWE isnt the best wrestling company its the best entertainment company that incorporates wrestling (in their opinion anyway) so we will never get the best in ring or anything like that and to be fair whoever has been the best the most successful company in wrestling in the past has never had a great female division.

I reckon if I was in charge of the company right now I would pretty much get the women out of the ring on Raw and Smackdown. Have them in backstage segments etc to keep them relevant feature a special attraction match once every couple of weeks or something like a Kharma or something and then give the women their own internet show ala NXT complete with Storylines etc. Womens wrestling is a niche market and I think some people will always not like it and others will.

jaeden
April 28th, 2012, 5:10 AM
May 27th, 2012 Episode Spoilers

FCW

FCW Divas Champion Raquel Diaz defeated Paige (with Sofia Cortez) to retain the FCW Divas Title by disqualification when the referee saw Paige holding a chair that Diaz tossed to Paige before acting like Paige hit her.

BuffyRocks
April 28th, 2012, 2:08 PM
Whoa... Maxine and Tamina wrestling each other on NXT was a hot mess. That is all.