December 13th, 2009, 8:38 AM
As do I. Should be immense.

Guy
December 13th, 2009, 11:08 AM
AWESOME-O

And the return of Hamill has me quite excited

Sweet_Chin_Music
December 13th, 2009, 1:01 PM
Awesome, I've been waiting for the announcement since I finished the first one.

Atty
December 14th, 2009, 2:25 AM
I know we won't get it, but I'm kind of hoping for a GTA-style Gotham City.

Great to hear a sequel's in the works.

Bill Casey
December 14th, 2009, 5:07 AM
Two Face on the "We Want You" recruitment posters...

And sure enough, there's a better look at the poster on http://arkhamhasmoved.com/

Cubed-Sphere
December 14th, 2009, 5:59 AM
So far people have spotted references to two other villains besides Joker, Harley, and Two-Face. Apparently there's Black Mask's real last name, all I remember is that it starts with an "S," spray painted on a brick wall or something and then there's the Iceberg Lounge logo that's shown, apparently the club Penguin owns.

So we have Joker, Harley Quinn, Two Face, Penguin, and Black Mask more or less confirmed already. Give me Riddler and I'm completely set. If they make a third one then they'd have to start digging deep into the well, though, as most of the A and B list Batman enemies would have been used in the first and second game. The only two others I can think of that would be worth anything are Hush and Mr. Freeze. Oh, and I guess Catwoman as a 'tweener.

Guy
December 14th, 2009, 7:46 AM
I hope the game starts with Two Face's bank robbery from the end of the second game.

Edicus2288i
December 14th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Considering the way the website is designed at the moment, I would assume it's safe to say Two-Face is going to have a pretty significant role in the game. I would also bet the bank robbery is nothing more then a distraction to get Batman to Gotham, so that Two-Face could bust Joker/Harley/etc from Arkham.

I wouldn't be shocked if Bane/Killer Kroc/Scarecrow return as well given the alternate endings.

VanillaJello
December 14th, 2009, 12:43 PM
So excited for this.

I'm really digging the idea that this time it will take place in Gotham.

One thing I was confused by in the trailer was this...

Did they re-build Arkham Asylum on Gotham city? It appears that way in the beginning of the video. I know it was pretty much torn to bits by the end of the first one... but why did they move it?

Alf
December 14th, 2009, 12:45 PM
I wouldn't take a teaser trailer as gospel...

What it looked like they were trying to do... was either have the camera facing gotham from Arkham (in which case the Arkham sign should have been the other way round... or that they are suggesting that Gotham is the asylum...

Guy
December 14th, 2009, 12:48 PM
I don't think they physically 'moved' The Asylum, so much as some Asylumites got out into Gotham. A bit like the ending of Batman Begins where the whole city has gone batshit crazy with nutcases running around

VanillaJello
December 14th, 2009, 12:48 PM
I wouldn't take a teaser trailer as gospel...

What it looked like they were trying to do... was either have the camera facing gotham from Arkham (in which case the Arkham sign should have been the other way round... or that they are suggesting that Gotham is the asylum...

Excellent point.

Atty
December 14th, 2009, 2:07 PM
I hope the game starts with Two Face's bank robbery from the end of the second game.

I'd actually like to see that a bit like the bank robbery from TDK. Start the game with it, but have it removed a bit from the rest of it. Have Batman save the day with his costume still messed up and torn, Two-Face gets away, then the game goes forward in time a bit. It would be a really cool way to have a tutorial at the beginning.

gazzman
December 14th, 2009, 3:42 PM
dont know if this is a clue to the timeline the game is set in but after the trailer plays on arkhamhasmoved.com there is a video of joker looking out of a window (you only see the chair he is sitting in) but its the fact that he has a drip in his arm ...possibly hinting that he is recovering from the incidents that occured at the end of AA. i dnt know of any other reason why he'd have a drip full of blood goin in to his arm

Guy
December 14th, 2009, 4:01 PM
In the full trailer you seen him sat in the chair all broken from the venom in the last game, coughing whilst he laughs

Atty
December 14th, 2009, 6:41 PM
I really dug the inmates out on the streets of Gotham in the trailer.

Hopefully the game isn't too Joker heavy. Would love to see Catwoman, Two-Face and some of the others getting center stage. A rooftop chase would be a cool way to have a Catwoman battle. Where you have to rapidly platform to keep up. That could be cool in the way that the Scarecrow stuff was totally unique in AA.

I'd also like to see Freeze get a role. He could be a wicked boss.

Guy
December 14th, 2009, 7:03 PM
I'm interested in how they're going to pull off a limited landscape for an entire city

Atty
December 14th, 2009, 7:12 PM
I'd like to see them really push it with the map. I mentioned a GTA-style Gotham City and that could work well for the overworld. You get main story missions by driving/running to certain areas and smaller crimes to stop in between. That would make for a very different environment, but I think it could work really well if they put the time in.

It wouldn't be stupid to plan this as a mid 2011 release, assuming the next movie is 2012. Put it out six months before the film when appetite is quite wet for it.

I'd be willing to put money on Gotham working from the Batmobile. You get in the car, select a location and get a short video of Batsy driving there. Then each location is Arkham-like from there. That's probably the best bet (like travel in KOTOR or so many other games), but a GTA style Gotham is something I'm keen on as you could recklessly drive the Batmobile, Batpod, Batwing and so forth around town... :D

Guy
December 14th, 2009, 7:21 PM
I can't see a "gta like" game coming out of this, and to be honest I don't think I'd want to.

The last game had insane attention to detail, and a real comic book quality to it. It had a fixed narrative, based in one location. I can see it working very much like your FMV batmobile idea, possibly. Going to different Bad Guy areas of the city (Catwoman's roofs, Mr Freeze's ice over corner of Gotham and so on)

Atty
December 14th, 2009, 7:26 PM
My only concern—and this is weird coming from me—is that it's going to be too Joker-centric. They aced the first game, but there's more to play with that just The Joker.

The FMV Batmobile thing is so simple and would make perfect sense. I wonder if they'd be willing to have a Batmobile chase level? :chin:

Guy
December 14th, 2009, 7:40 PM
honestly I think Joker will at least share the limelight here.

My guess is that this trailer helps you know it's a sequel to the first, that it's AFTER the original game, and that the Joker will be involved (considering we all expected him to be out for the count after the Titan injection). Remember, since Dark Knight the Joker's drawing power has gone up that tad more. Also the fact that they already have Mark Hamill helps sell the trailer.

I wouldn't look too much into it

Sweet_Chin_Music
December 14th, 2009, 7:56 PM
I am truly hoping that Two-Face has a very big role to play in this game, as he is my favorite comic book villain. And seeing how well they handled the Joker in the first game I have full faith in them to make Two-Face what he truly should be.

Bill Casey
December 14th, 2009, 10:06 PM
So far people have spotted references to two other villains besides Joker, Harley, and Two-Face. Apparently there's Black Mask's real last name, all I remember is that it starts with an "S," spray painted on a brick wall or something and then there's the Iceberg Lounge logo that's shown, apparently the club Penguin owns.

So we have Joker, Harley Quinn, Two Face, Penguin, and Black Mask more or less confirmed already.
Riiiight, because why would the game have references to villains who aren't in the game?
That would just be silly...

I'm still stuck on the Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum boss fight from the first game...

PMBR
December 14th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Bill Casey wins the thread

Morrison
December 15th, 2009, 12:46 AM
I wonder if they'd be willing to have a Batmobile chase level? :chin:

you gotta be able to drive the batmobile in this next game. come on!

Sweet_Chin_Music
December 15th, 2009, 12:49 AM
I agree, they made one big step in the right direction making the game be in Gotham. The batmobile is a must as well.

PMBR
December 15th, 2009, 1:40 AM
I disagree, actually. The Batmobile is like the super-vehicle. If they made the Batmobile properly with it's true capabilites, you should be able to stop anyone and anything fairly handily. I like not having an advantage.

Then again, I'm biased against driving games.

Atty
December 15th, 2009, 2:02 AM
Yet the Batmobile gets destroyed. A lot. Like in the last game, where it sunk in the river.

Morrison
December 15th, 2009, 3:59 AM
I disagree, actually. The Batmobile is like the super-vehicle. If they made the Batmobile properly with it's true capabilites, you should be able to stop anyone and anything fairly handily. I like not having an advantage.

Then again, I'm biased against driving games.

yet batman has gotten fucked up a lot despite the batmobile in nearly every incarnation he's been subjected to. same with the batmobile. if it's not some unstoppable vehicle in the movies, tv and comics, it won't be in the game.

Cubed-Sphere
December 15th, 2009, 5:26 AM
Riiiight, because why would the game have references to villains who aren't in the game?
That would just be silly...

I'm still stuck on the Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum boss fight from the first game...

:wtf:

It's a trailer for the game itself that contains these references... not an in-game encyclopedia. Very doubtful these villains are alluded to in the trailer just to be left out of the game.

And I don't know what that boss fight has to do with anything, but I found them quite easy to beat, even on Hard.

Guy
December 15th, 2009, 6:27 AM
He was being srcastic, if you can imagine such a thing from Bill Casey.

His point was there were not Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum boss fights in Arkham, but they had references to them

Cubed-Sphere
December 15th, 2009, 8:40 AM
Swing and a miss.

I was being sarcastic right back. Having played the game I'm quite aware Dee and Dum aren't in it.

To again turn the focus toward the sequel, I wonder how the fights with returning characters will go. I'm not sure how they'd go about a Killer Croc, Bane, or Scarecrow fight that would top the encounters from the original, especially for Bane and Scarecrow; their fights fit their characters perfectly. Another Croc fight could be more hands on, but then I think it'd just end up like Bane's. I sort of liked the tense, chase-filled "fight" Croc had in Arkham Asylum.

Tempest
December 15th, 2009, 8:42 AM
Well Croc and Scarecrow's demise were horrifically underwhelming, so surely they can come up with something there.

Guy
December 15th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Swing and a miss.

Bah, I was never any good at sports

Cubed-Sphere
December 15th, 2009, 2:26 PM
Bah, I was never any good at sports

It's okay, they're worthless. Not cool like videogames.

Bert
December 15th, 2009, 3:21 PM
Why does Kaley Cuoco appear as if she's about to be gang raped in your avatar?

Atty
December 15th, 2009, 4:53 PM
Well Croc and Scarecrow's demise were horrifically underwhelming, so surely they can come up with something there.

Scarecrow's the villain I most want to return. Even more than The Joker. His stuff in the game was so unique that it could be visited again and still be totally fresh and unique.

A batmobile death run/chase at the end of the game would be a nice way to get it involved. Like the ends of Halo, MGS or RE 4, where you've got to get out of there before the place blows up. Maybe this time have it be, instead of escaping, having to chase a baddie down to cue the final fight, plowing through everything and wrecking the Batmobile along the way. Then have the final showdown in the wreckage.

That actually could be really fun. So, Two-Face, Scarecrow, Catwoman and Freeze are who I'm hoping for with Joker in more of a mastermind role where he's not really on screen as much until you've got to kick his ass at the end. And an FMV Batmobile to drive you to the various areas.

Something else that I'd love to see—and it's a minor quibble with the first game—is having a new game plus feature or something else after you've cleared the game. New game plus would amount to playing through again with all your goodies from the start. It felt odd at the end of the first game when there was nothing left to do (aside from Riddler/Arkham.) Maybe make it so you can cue up various sections/boss battles after clearing the game.

Cubed-Sphere
December 15th, 2009, 5:05 PM
Why does Kaley Cuoco appear as if she's about to be gang raped in your avatar?

Because she... is?

What would they call this game, anyway? If they wanted to keep with the location-theme, obviously Gotham will likely be in the title, though maybe they'll just name it, and have it take place, after that borough in Gotham that's known as the crap end of town... what's it called? Then save all of Gotham for the third game.

Just looked it up... The Narrows. It should be limited to perhaps that area, like I said, so the entire city of Gotham can be used in the third game.

Bill Casey
December 16th, 2009, 5:00 PM
It looks like Joker could have stolen the Arkham gate and built his own Asylum on Gotham, walling it in...

Bill Casey
December 16th, 2009, 9:22 PM
So we have Joker, Harley Quinn, Two Face, Penguin, and Black Mask more or less confirmed already. Give me Riddler and I'm completely set. If they make a third one then they'd have to start digging deep into the well, though, as most of the A and B list Batman enemies would have been used in the first and second game. The only two others I can think of that would be worth anything are Hush and Mr. Freeze. Oh, and I guess Catwoman as a 'tweener.

Clayface?
Man-Bat?
Ra's Al Ghul?
Firefly?
Deadshot?

Guy
December 16th, 2009, 9:51 PM
Senior Rocksteady Programmer, Paul Denny, hints at what to expect in the upcoming sequel.

Paul Denny, a senior programmer at Rocksteady, recently let slip some interesting tidbits about the gameplay in the upcoming highly anticipated sequel to "Batman: Arkham Asylum." Here's what he had to say:

"You could always expand [on Arkham Asylum] and there are games in the past that have gone down that route," said Denning when asked if the game would include other famous Gotham locales. "But I think you're right. Gotham itself is a fantastically realized fictional city and there are so many places that would probably be ideal for gameplay and great to explore."

Also, for many of those gamers who were hoping for a completely free-roaming "sandbox" Gotham, Denning had this to say:

"If Arkham Asylum had been that kind of game I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have been as good," said Denning. "I think sandbox games that do that well are so hard to realize; GTA is obviously a fantastic example of one that gets it right but there are so many that get it wrong and I think you have to be so careful when you take that route."

Macksimus - well, looks like freedom of movement in Gotham will be limited to specific locations and not the city entirely. Maybe there will be an "over world" map of Gotham where you can choose which locations to go to.

Sorry at, I can't see it being freeroaming

Atty
December 16th, 2009, 10:06 PM
That's for the best.

I just wanted to go all GTA on Gotham, smashing all his vehicles into everything I can for no reason. :D

Guy
December 16th, 2009, 10:10 PM
I'm intrigued to see what has become of the Batmobile, considering where it ended up

Atty
December 16th, 2009, 10:13 PM
The Batmobile is the big "new" gameplay element I want in the next game. Don't need much, but it should be controllable at some point. Maybe early on as a tutorial into the controls then at the very end in a mad escape/chase sequence where you wreck the thing.

The engine from the first game really doesn't need any tweaking and that really opens them up to explore other things in addition.

Bill Casey
December 17th, 2009, 12:00 AM
I'd like a couple predator style boss battles...
Where it's the main villain and a bunch of thugs in a room, and you have to take all of the thugs out, then hide from the boss, knock him down a few times during a window of opportunity and then finally take him out...

This would be perfect for mobster villains like Two Face and the Ventriloquist...

Like, you could only knock Two Face down when his henchmen are gone and he's flipping his coin frantically trying to decide what to do next. Any other time, he would block it, and if you went for a ground take down, he'd shoot you in the face...

Also, maybe something where the villain is alone, has a gun, and the ceiling is low, so you have to hide behind shit and cause distractions to make him run out of bullets...

I'd also like a freeflow style boss battle mechanic that incorporates mechanics from all the different enemies. Think Penguin, Harley Quinn, Joker and Ra's Al Ghul. Imagine the bosses switching between some combination of attacks that you have to counter, attacks where you have to stun them, attacks where you have to jump behind them, attacks where you have to dodge, etc. Plus, they'd have counter attacks like Batman does if you tried to just wail on them...

And I'd like a battle in a warehouse with an absolute monster. Something where you'd have to use the environment just to hurt him, like dropping crates and setting up traps, hide from him, and worry about him destroying the things you're standing on and hiding behind. Something like Bane or Croc...

Also, I'd like to see the sniper mechanic extended into a boss fight. It's perfect for Deadshot...

mr sabu
December 18th, 2009, 3:56 AM
a man-bat apperence would be nice

Bill Casey
December 18th, 2009, 5:34 AM
Imagine Man Bat swooping out of the shadows or popping up out of weird places and scaring the shit out of you when you least expect it...
It would give them another crack at crafting a survival horror type boss that they didn't quite get right with Croc...

mr sabu
April 21st, 2010, 9:50 AM
im going to give this a little bump seeing as a tad more info has been released,

Two face is offically in
as well as the additions of

Maurice LaMarche - as Mr freeze
Stana Katic - as Talia al Ghul

Miotch
April 21st, 2010, 2:29 PM
This isn't going to be 'Arkham 2', is it? That would be unfortunate I think. I would rather have a completely different, new setting for the sequel.

Finlay....
April 21st, 2010, 2:45 PM
Going by the trailer it seems like Gotham is going to be setting. Speculation is the 'Asylum' has been brought to Gotham as seen by the Arkham gates in the middle of the city.

Bill Casey
April 21st, 2010, 2:51 PM
This isn't going to be 'Arkham 2', is it? That would be unfortunate I think. I would rather have a completely different, new setting for the sequel.
Following a large breakout of Arkham, part of Gotham City has been walled off and declared a disaster area...
Sort of like "No Man's Land"...

Bill Casey
April 21st, 2010, 3:09 PM
I'm excited for Maurice LaMarche as Mr. Freeze...:yes:

Here, he shows off his incredible history of voice work...

YouTube- Maurice LaMarche Voices at ComicCon 2007
YouTube- Maurice LaMarche's Orson Wells impersonation (1 of 2)
YouTube- Maurice LaMarche's Orson Wells impersonation (2 of 2)

Tim
July 17th, 2010, 5:46 AM
So now that the trailer has been released, there has been speculation as to whether the next game is set in the future hinting at "The Dark Knight Returns" theme or right after the last game because of how the Joker looks.

I've read that the lines on his face are wrinkles because it's set in the future, but to me it just looks like he's worn from getting his ass kicked in the last game. I think they want to give him a sort of Heath ledger look with his makeup being messy, and all of the lines on his face are sweat lines opposed to wrinkles.

Guy
July 17th, 2010, 7:16 AM
I thought it was obvious that it was just after his transformation

Tim
July 17th, 2010, 7:32 AM
The comments I've read have said that it's not right after his transformation because he's wearing a new suit in the trailer. If it was right after the transformation the suit would be ripped and torn.

Guy
July 17th, 2010, 7:39 AM
Well there's two decent enough reason for that:

1) Harley brought him a new suit whenever he escaped hospital care (also bear in mind she's still wearing the Arkham nurse outfit)

2) It's an error as they've used the same character models from the last game. This would explain why every henchman seen in the trailer is a henchmen model used in the first Arkham Asylum game. Considering the trailer was released so quickly after the first games release, this seems more likely.

Jez
July 17th, 2010, 8:22 AM
I've read some of the possible names for the sequel, based on new website domain registrations, are:

Arkham City
City of Arkham
Ashes of Gotham
Siege of Gotham
Rise of Arkham
Broken Ground
Grand Delusion
New Arkham
State of Villainy

Some of those are better than others obviously, out of all of them I'd like them to use either Ashes of Gotham or Arkham City.

Bill Casey
July 18th, 2010, 11:46 PM
So now that the trailer has been released, there has been speculation as to whether the next game is set in the future hinting at "The Dark Knight Returns" theme or right after the last game because of how the Joker looks.

I've read that the lines on his face are wrinkles because it's set in the future, but to me it just looks like he's worn from getting his ass kicked in the last game. I think they want to give him a sort of Heath ledger look with his makeup being messy, and all of the lines on his face are sweat lines opposed to wrinkles.

I thought it was obvious that it was just after his transformation

The comments I've read have said that it's not right after his transformation because he's wearing a new suit in the trailer. If it was right after the transformation the suit would be ripped and torn.

It's at least several days later, because Joker's black eye has healed...

Bill Casey
July 21st, 2010, 3:19 PM
Wally Wingert says he returns to voice The Riddler...

http://918thefan.com/2010/kanas-korner-interview-with-wally-wingert/

13:30 to 15:45

Guy
July 21st, 2010, 4:45 PM
That's cool.

I like the way the Riddler "appeared" in the last game. I wouldn't mind if they did that again with him (and I assume they most likely will to keep the challenges) but if they do, it's a shame we won't physically see him

Bill Casey
July 21st, 2010, 4:54 PM
I'd like to see The Riddler with death traps, puzzles, dead victims and things that require detective work to find him...
I also kind of like that he wasn't seen in the last game. Joker's already the ultimate showman; I kind of like The Riddler as the ultimate mysterious foe; an enigma, hidden from view...

Any physical appearance should be climactic and brief...

terencestamp7
July 21st, 2010, 5:55 PM
I haven't beaten the first one, I'm on the part with the alligator thing in the sewer. I better get playing if a sequel is coming!

Rip
July 21st, 2010, 5:57 PM
Alligator thing in the sewer?

:nono:

Bill Casey
July 22nd, 2010, 1:13 AM
Alligator Thing in The Sewer is scary...
Look out, Terry Incest Lamp...

terencestamp7
July 23rd, 2010, 12:38 PM
Reminds me of Ally Gator from the Garbage Pail Kids.

Bill Casey
July 23rd, 2010, 2:27 PM
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/1407/terryincestlamp.jpg (http://img188.imageshack.us/i/terryincestlamp.jpg/)

It's uncanny, really...

Fanny
July 23rd, 2010, 3:36 PM
I still haven't bought the first one. The Painty Face Laughy Man looks hellafreaky though

Rip
July 23rd, 2010, 6:59 PM
He's nothing compared to the Stabby Fingered Bag Head Man.......

Bill Casey
July 24th, 2010, 2:15 AM
Hey...
Aren't you that plant lady...
Poison Oaky?

terencestamp7
July 24th, 2010, 1:45 PM
Haha, I see what you did there.

Fanny
July 24th, 2010, 2:28 PM
I respect that you can see the funny side Terry :yes:

Rip
July 24th, 2010, 5:58 PM
Haha, I see what you did there.

To be fair, you hd it coming mate :D

Newf
July 24th, 2010, 7:23 PM
Ice Dude.

Bill Casey
July 24th, 2010, 10:13 PM
"Guy Who's Dressed Like A Bat" Man...

Atty
July 24th, 2010, 10:34 PM
They should put the Flower Girl in the next game. She can be killed by Long Sword Man.

terencestamp7
July 25th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Who's that guy in purple and make up?

Bill Casey
July 28th, 2010, 3:47 PM
I know who you're talking about...
He's really pale, he's got green hair, and he acts drunk...
I think he's supposed to be a Leprechaun...

Guy
July 28th, 2010, 3:50 PM
Reportedly Hamill's last go around as The Joker

:cry:

Atty
July 29th, 2010, 1:20 AM
:(

On a different note, I'd love a Clayface section in this game. He could be a really fun character and huge boss fight. Just started playing through the first one...

...Yet again. :D

Jez
August 5th, 2010, 10:01 AM
So the name has been confirmed as Batman: Arkham City, can the thread title be edited? I think the game name is a play on the fact that Joker has extended his reach beyond the walls of the asylum this time.

The release date is a vague "autumn 2011" so if it's anything like the original it will be late August/early September. Also of note is that in Game Informer (where this news is revealed) there are illustrations of Catwoman back-to-back with Batman. Co-op maybe?

Gangers
August 5th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Sounds more like a mirror to me.

Jez
August 5th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Apologies, fixed it now

Bill Casey
August 5th, 2010, 2:29 PM
I like the name. Simple, explanatory, and sounds like a sequel...

YouTube- ‪BATMAN:ARKHAM CITY new Title Logo Revealed + 2 new photos!‬‎

Atty
August 5th, 2010, 2:42 PM
Absolutely love that Catwoman appears to be in the game. I kind of hope she's playable as that would be a ton of fun, having two different stories/ways to run through the game. She's not held to Batman's rules and it would be a cool way to let you play a rogue.Even if she's just a villain, she's a tremendous character to have in the game.

Now to get Nolan to put her in the next movie and avenge that Halle Berry movie...

Rip
August 6th, 2010, 3:38 AM
Cool, from those images I'd guess at some point you have to save her (then she becomes playable, maybe split missions....please?)

Alf
August 6th, 2010, 5:22 AM
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/111/1110583p1.html

Looks like Mr Freeze and Talia al Ghul are in too...

Guy
August 6th, 2010, 5:43 AM
Mr Freeze played by Egon from the Ghostbusters cartoon and Talia played by the chick from the Castle TV show....that's pretty awesome

jesus sucks
August 6th, 2010, 3:23 PM
zero interest in the game or batman, that's very fucking nice promotional Art for this sequel though.

Guy
August 6th, 2010, 3:24 PM
Did you play the first?

Fanny
August 6th, 2010, 3:37 PM
I never got it but I know I'd be rubbish at it. I fucking LOVE video games, but I'm shit at them. Well, I'm ace at Sonic and Alex Kidd in Miracle world, the easiest and most difficult games ever on the Sega respectively, but I must be some sort of Alex Kidd idiot savant

Bloodied Fox
August 6th, 2010, 4:00 PM
You're just very good at rock, paper, scissors...

Fanny
August 6th, 2010, 4:22 PM
fuck was that all about right? ENDOFLEVELBOSS!

Bill Casey
August 7th, 2010, 2:48 AM
I never got it but I know I'd be rubbish at it. I fucking LOVE video games, but I'm shit at them.

Arkham Asylum isn't nearly as hard as it looks...
In fact, for the most part it's pretty easy...

Tim
August 7th, 2010, 2:50 AM
Yea I've never finished a game before I played Arkham and I finished it in about a week.

Bill Casey
August 7th, 2010, 2:56 AM
Come on, Fanny...
Tim beat the game. Tim. Tim only has three fingers total. He lost the rest in a terrible thumb wrestling accident...

If Tim can beat Arkham Asylum, so can you...

Tim
August 7th, 2010, 3:35 AM
Who told you how I lost my fingers... :shifty:

Jez
August 7th, 2010, 5:12 AM
The story mode is quite easy but those challenge rooms (specifically the extreme combat ones) are a bitch to get three medals on.

Guy
August 7th, 2010, 7:47 AM
Did anyone pick up the 3D version at any point?

Is it horrendous?

mr sabu
August 10th, 2010, 7:29 PM
nope. seen a video of it on youtube though. just looks the same but glasses are needed

anyways taken from www.xbox360achievements.org

Plot info:

Quincy Sharp is no longer running for mayor.
Arkham Asylum and Black Gate Prison are unfit to hold inmates.
Quincy Sharp buys off part of the slums and walls it off, creating Arkham City.
Hugo Strange is now in charge of Arkham City.
Two-Face plans to execute Catwoman to gain respect of inmates.
The overdose of venom may not be what's wrong with the Joker.

Gameplay info:

You are now able to counter two attacks at once.
More puzzles.
All gadgets included in the first game are available from the start.
Side missions now feature in the game.
Gangs roam Arkham City. These are recorded in Batman's criminal database.
You find people who work for the Riddler to find Riddler challenges.
Batman has smoke bombs.

Bill Casey
August 10th, 2010, 7:41 PM
Gameplay info:

All gadgets included in the first game are available from the start.
Batman has smoke bombs.

Fuck yes...

T.I (uh oh)
August 11th, 2010, 1:16 AM
Fuck yes...

Perhaps to smoke bombs, but not to an over powered Batman from the start...

Atty
August 11th, 2010, 1:22 AM
I don't really see it as being overpowered at all. Most of the upgrades in Arkham Asylum were ways of keeping you from accessing certain areas early in the game.

I'd rather be a badass from the start than get struck by lightning ten minutes into the game and losing all of Samu... Batman's gadgets. ;)

Bill Casey
August 11th, 2010, 1:39 AM
Yeah, I'd rather sequels build from the end of their predecessors than magically strip the protagonist of everything they worked for in the previous installment...

It's not like they can't power up the opposition as well to balance it. More armed thugs, collars from the start, lunatics from the start, stun sticks from the start, knife guys from the start, etc. And build on both, like it's a continuation and not a reboot...

Atty
August 11th, 2010, 1:45 AM
Plus, Batman is supposed to be the badass who's prepared for everything and pwns the hell out of his foes.

Bill Casey
August 11th, 2010, 1:52 AM
And it keeps them from using old tricks to fill out their unlockables...
They'll have to stuff it with new goodies...

T.I (uh oh)
August 11th, 2010, 2:00 AM
I don't really see it as being overpowered at all. Most of the upgrades in Arkham Asylum were ways of keeping you from accessing certain areas early in the game.

I'd rather be a badass from the start than get struck by lightning ten minutes into the game and losing all of Samu... Batman's gadgets. ;)

Exactly. The item pickups dictated the level progression, which was key to the game design. It's classic Metroidvania.

However, having all the upgrades from the start radically changes the level design philosophy. You either open the game up, make it a sandbox, which pretty much goes against everything the first game stood for, or you find other ways to limit where the player can go - either through story (preferred, but difficult to implement), or by physically locking doors, which makes having all these gadgets and skills useless.

Yeah, I'd rather sequels build from the end of their predecessors than magically strip the protagonist of everything they worked for in the previous installment...

It's not like they can't power up the opposition as well to balance it. More armed thugs, collars from the start, lunatics from the start, stun sticks from the start, knife guys from the start, etc. And build on both, like it's a continuation and not a reboot...

By doing that you alienate new comers to the game. The beauty of the Metroidvania style game is that the gamer learns all the skills at a reasonable rate. You master item A before acquiring item B.

If you throw someone into a game with dozens of gadgets, the Batman fighting system and the Batman navigational system from the get go (without a rubbish tutorial level) AND crank up the difficulty as you have suggested, only those who finished the first will finish the second. And that's bad business.

Bill Casey
August 11th, 2010, 2:06 AM
However, having all the upgrades from the start radically changes the level design philosophy. You either open the game up, make it a sandbox, which pretty much goes against everything the first game stood for, or you find other ways to limit where the player can go - either through story (preferred, but difficult to implement), or by physically locking doors, which makes having all these gadgets and skills useless.

Or you simply require new gizmos to reach those areas...
Like the re-breather or the acetylene torch...

By doing that you alienate new comers to the game. The beauty of the Metroidvania style game is that the gamer learns all the skills at a reasonable rate. You master item A before acquiring item B.

If you throw someone into a game with dozens of gadgets, the Batman fighting system and the Batman navigational system from the get go (without a rubbish tutorial level) AND crank up the difficulty as you have suggested, only those who finished the first will finish the second. And that's bad business.
Or, they could repackage Arkham Asylum and Arkham City as a box set and launch it simultaneously alongside Arkham City for people who haven't played the first game yet...

Alf
August 11th, 2010, 7:43 AM
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/111/1111471p1.html

Oh now... this is very cool...

Alf
August 11th, 2010, 7:45 AM
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/111/1111550p1.html

And it's confirmed you start with all your gadgets, and they just recieve upgrades...

mr sabu
August 11th, 2010, 9:03 AM
so hyped for this.. :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:: hyper::hyper:.

never knew about that warden thing

Atty
August 11th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Exactly. The item pickups dictated the level progression, which was key to the game design. It's classic Metroidvania.

Thank God, then, that it's a totally new game with a completely different setting and altered level design. Keeps it fresh.

Bill Casey
August 11th, 2010, 2:21 PM
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/111/1111471p1.html

Oh now... this is very cool...

That is just awesome...

Tim
August 11th, 2010, 2:28 PM
I appreciate that they want to give us a brand new game and not just throw out a quick sequel, but after reading the little info that's been released so far al I can think is next fall is TOO LONG!!!

The story sounds awesome so far with 2 face, Joker and Catwoman.

T.I (uh oh)
August 12th, 2010, 8:08 AM
Thank God, then, that it's a totally new game with a completely different setting and altered level design. Keeps it fresh.

If thats the case than I expect GTA5 to be an FPS and I expect Modern Warfare 3 to be an RTS. You know to keep things fresh. :blah:

Atty
August 12th, 2010, 1:20 PM
If you want to play the same game, just replay Arkham Asylum. You don't have to wait for it then.

Mark84j
August 12th, 2010, 1:54 PM
You could say the same about movie sequels then. You wanna see the same characters, then watch the first? C'mon.

Atty
August 12th, 2010, 1:59 PM
No. He's saying that he wants the same progression to the same items as in the first game. Hence his desire for the game to go all Metroid and strip away all the progress you made in the first game.

Bill Casey
August 12th, 2010, 2:11 PM
At the beginning of Return of the Jedi, Luke Skywalker should have lost all of his jedi training and force powers...
And really, Batman not losing all of his acquired technology at the beginning of the Dark Knight was the single biggest flaw in the film...

Atty
August 12th, 2010, 2:17 PM
Definitely.

T.I (uh oh)
August 13th, 2010, 4:46 AM
Just wait until you idiots are complaining about having to sit through a 45 minute tutorial explaining how to use all the items you already know how use and then get back to me.

In the meanwhile I'll be waiting to hear the complaints from all the newcomers (who haven't mastered all the skills) to the 'franchise' when they are getting their asses kicked by the super hard enemies that should be easy to beat because Batman starts off so overpowered.

Accessibility: newcomers need it - Gaming 101.

Jez
August 13th, 2010, 5:01 AM
I have faith that Rocksteady will recognise the need for accessibility and balance their game accordingly. Whether that is through extensive skippable tutorials or multiple difficulty settings they've shown they are excellent developers so I'll wait and see before I complain. I'm just glad they're building on the last game rather than going back to basics for no explainable reason in the story.

Bill Casey
August 13th, 2010, 8:00 PM
Just wait until you idiots are complaining about having to sit through a 45 minute tutorial explaining how to use all the items you already know how use and then get back to me.

In the meanwhile I'll be waiting to hear the complaints from all the newcomers (who haven't mastered all the skills) to the 'franchise' when they are getting their asses kicked by the super hard enemies that should be easy to beat because Batman starts off so overpowered.

Yeah, because they can't balance a game to appeal to both without lazy "bag of spilling" programming...
It's a ridiculous straw man argument on your part. That we want a 45 minute mandatory tutorial or enemies that are unbalanced in difficulty. Like the game developers can only make scenarios that are either way too easy or way too hard for a fully upgraded Batman, and not something in between...

Morrison
August 13th, 2010, 9:14 PM

omg vid gamez or srs!

Atty
August 13th, 2010, 10:45 PM

Because there was such a long learning curve in the first game?

Grimario
August 13th, 2010, 11:13 PM
It could just be as simple as sticking in a "training sim" in the batcave for players new to the franchise to become familiar with the old gadgets. I certainly prefer upgrades on EXISTING gadgets to them pulling out the same gadgets and the same progression as game 1.

the_man_diva
September 1st, 2010, 7:30 PM
Catwoman confirmed. 20 new pics. Harley looks sweet!

http://kotaku.com/5627537/batman-arkham-city-screen-shots//gallery/1

Morrison
September 1st, 2010, 9:14 PM
catwoman was already confirmed.

Atty
September 1st, 2010, 9:50 PM
Not crazy about the Two Face look. I was expecting something similar to the animated series look. I LOVE that they're going with the more recent look for Catwoman. I suspect that's a look that a lot of audiences are going to become familiar with in the near future.

mr sabu
September 2nd, 2010, 12:52 AM
shame theres no mister freeze

Bill Casey
September 2nd, 2010, 3:23 PM
I like the two face design...
What made the animated series version of Two Face so great was the character development, story arcs and voice work...
Not that he looked like he was half Smurf and had a mad scientist quaff...

Paul Dini's on board for the story. If they can get Richard Moll to do the voice, it will be a perfect blend of elements...

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/9748/twofacet.jpg (http://img826.imageshack.us/i/twofacet.jpg/)

Rip
September 4th, 2010, 2:44 AM
Don't mind Two Face, looks ok I guess.

Don't like either Harley or Catwoman though, must admit I was really hoping for the old Harley costume to make a return.

mr sabu
September 30th, 2010, 7:13 PM
did someone say Interrogations

The Riddler continues to taunt the Dark Knight with mind-bending puzzles and exploration challenges, but the location of his biggest secrets are known only to him and people he's told," said Hill. "Rather than unlocking their locations using maps, Batman will be able to scan a gang of thugs to find a potential informant.

Bill Casey
December 12th, 2010, 3:26 AM
New Trailer...

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vga-10-batman-arkham/708342

Things are about to get Strange...

mr sabu
December 12th, 2010, 4:38 AM
all i can say is

http://www.bombshellzine.com/phpBB2/images/smilies/pull.gif

Tim
December 12th, 2010, 5:17 AM
That guy doesn't appeal to me like Joker, Two-Face, or some of the other more familiar villains but the last game had multiple characters so I expect this one to also.

Rip
December 12th, 2010, 6:06 AM
Strange lends himself to multiple bosses though, as well as a huge complex spiraling plot :D

Alf
December 12th, 2010, 6:35 AM
Awesome. Bloody awesome.

Fanny
December 12th, 2010, 6:36 AM
I really need to get the first one now

Grimario
December 12th, 2010, 7:19 AM
Fucking hell, Fanny. The first one is absolutely brilliant, defo in the top 5 games of last year. If you don't get it, I will stop loving you.

Fanny
December 12th, 2010, 7:22 AM
I'm just not very good at video games mate. I'm rubbish, actually. I just can't do all the different things at the same time, it's really very embarrassing.

Jez
December 12th, 2010, 7:28 AM
As nice as the trailer is I really want to see gameplay to see some of the changes they've made to the original but I guess that will be revealed slowly over the next year. Between this, Uncharted, Mass Effect 3, Forza 4, Resistance 3, Call of Duty, Elders Scrolls V, Gears of War 3 and a new Assassin's Creed I think the end of 2011 may be a bit too stacked so hopefully nothing will be delayed.

Tim
December 12th, 2010, 8:55 AM
I'm just not very good at video games mate. I'm rubbish, actually. I just can't do all the different things at the same time, it's really very embarrassing.

It's really easy though, I think it's the only video game I've ever completed and I did it in 2 weeks. My roomate played it too and beat it in a week.

Fanny
December 12th, 2010, 9:01 AM
guarantee you I'll be utter fucking mince at it

Alf
December 12th, 2010, 9:09 AM
Elders Scrolls V

Really? Has that been announced?

Awesome.

Bill Casey
December 12th, 2010, 3:53 PM
That guy doesn't appeal to me like Joker, Two-Face, or some of the other more familiar villains but the last game had multiple characters so I expect this one to also.
Thus Far

Joker
Harley Quinn
Two Face
Riddler
Catwoman
Mr. Freeze
Mr. Zsasz
Talia Al Ghul
Hugo Strange

Guy
December 12th, 2010, 4:07 PM
Just out of pure curiosity, does anyone know what the 3D was like in the re-release of the first game?

Rip
December 12th, 2010, 4:53 PM
Thus Far

Joker
Harley Quinn
Two Face
Riddler
Catwoman
Mr. Freeze
Mr. Zsasz
Talia Al Ghul
Hugo Strange

Zsasz?

Cool, missed that one.

mr sabu
December 12th, 2010, 5:27 PM
and if Xbox Magazine UK is correct then. calander man will be in

Rip
December 12th, 2010, 5:36 PM
Hmm, they could just be doing the same as last time with all the little references.

Hopefully though with the premise of the game we could have a few 'minor' villians just wandering around or holed up in various locations.

Bill Casey
December 12th, 2010, 5:38 PM
According to Game Informer Magazine, Zsasz appears as an optional side mission. So I wonder if some of the non-Joker villains from the last game will appear in that capacity...:chin:

According to Playstation Magazine and X-Box Magazine, Calendar Man is locked up somewhere in the game, and his conversation with you changes depending on the month on your console...

Rip
December 12th, 2010, 5:42 PM
and if Xbox Magazine UK is correct then. calander man will be in

http://i.imgur.com/622se.png

:wtf:

Bill Casey
December 12th, 2010, 5:48 PM
He really loves Thanksgiving...

Rip
December 12th, 2010, 5:53 PM
I guess......

And by the look of him he ate the Easter Bunny and her basket!

Bill Casey
December 12th, 2010, 5:57 PM
And Birthdays...

Rip
December 12th, 2010, 6:00 PM
Ah feck it, I think what we're going for here is why have they decided to make him a fat b*stard.

http://www.dadsbigplan.com/images/uploads/2009/02/calendar-man.jpg

I hope he's still a complete useless tit.

Bill Casey
December 12th, 2010, 7:10 PM
I hope he's all creepy like Hannibal Lecter...
Long Halloween style...

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100616191331/marvel_dc/images/c/ca/Calendar_Man_in_The_Long_Halloween.jpg

You know, but fat...

Because he really loves 4th of July Barbe-ques...
Strangely enough, he's not a fan of Ramadan...
Could be the fasting...

Atty
December 13th, 2010, 4:47 PM
YouTube - Batman Arkham City Debut Trailer [HD]

:drool:

I'm so sold on Strange not just for the game but for the next movie. If this is tying in a bit to the rumored Prey-based storyline for The Dark Knight Rises, I say that's very good. Introduce the audience a bit to the storyline through this before the movie.

Rip
December 15th, 2010, 2:10 PM
Just replayed the Arkham Asylum again and one question presents itself...

At the end of the game you get the hand sequence (in case anyone hasn't finished yet.....FANNY) now I could be wrong here but I don't think I've seen any reference to this in the reviews of City, which would seem odd.

Anyone seen anything I've missed?

Bill Casey
December 15th, 2010, 6:35 PM
They've talked about optional side missions, and Mr. Zsasz from the last game is one, so I'm thinking Croc/Bane/Scarecrow might appear in that capacity...

Alf
December 16th, 2010, 6:27 AM
I've started a new game of Arkham Asylum off the back of this announcement. It's just such a tremendous game. Almost perfect I'd say. I'm playing on Hard and it is ruthless. The detail is just immense.

Guy
December 16th, 2010, 12:10 PM
I will start it again a month or so before the new one comes out, I hope by then I'dve forgotten bits and pieces of it so that I'm pleasantly surprised when it happens.

Rip
December 16th, 2010, 4:30 PM
Must admit on playback I wish I'd waited a little longer, pretty much everything came back to me....

As an aside I've finished it 3 times now on hard and each time at the hand bit I've had Croc, anyone else get a pattern on their copy or am I just lucky?

mr sabu
December 16th, 2010, 6:45 PM
i think it varies depending how many riddles you solve

Bill Casey
December 16th, 2010, 6:55 PM
It might be whoever you die the most on...
Or it could be based on how long you took to complete the game...

Rip
December 17th, 2010, 7:26 AM
Hmm each time I complete it faster, and I'm pretty sure I've never died yet on Croc or Scarecrow, first time I played it Bane splattered the hell out of me but after that I don't think he's got me either so :dunno:

Alf
December 17th, 2010, 7:36 AM
I started a playthough on Hard pretty much straight after completeing it.... I got as far as bane and he murdered me every time. I must have tried 30 times and just couldn't finish him. I went back to it the other day and realised you don't need to attack him at all apart from chucking a batarang at him when he charges. You just have to avoid him and the thugs and eventually he'll knock all his own health down. Took me two attempts.

I'm finding the combat really bloody hard.

Guy
December 17th, 2010, 9:54 AM
This is actually one of the four only games I've ever 100% the achievements on.

PMBR
December 17th, 2010, 10:26 AM
It might be whoever you die the most on...
Or it could be based on how long you took to complete the game...

Probably not who you die the most on. I died only once or twice on any of the Scarecrow levels, but that's who I got. I died on Killer Croc A LOT!

Fanny
December 17th, 2010, 11:27 AM
right, I'm off to ASDA to buy the first one now lads. I'm not even kidding.

I'm utterly and totally shit at video games, but folk in here have said this one's easy and great fun. So, if I spend money on this and it turns out I can't make him move and look around at the same time some serious fucking shit is going to fly

Rip
December 18th, 2010, 4:39 AM
I started a playthough on Hard pretty much straight after completeing it.... I got as far as bane and he murdered me every time. I must have tried 30 times and just couldn't finish him. I went back to it the other day and realised you don't need to attack him at all apart from chucking a batarang at him when he charges. You just have to avoid him and the thugs and eventually he'll knock all his own health down. Took me two attempts.

I'm finding the combat really bloody hard.

Yup best technique is the old 'run like f*ck!'

As for the combat as long as you keep working over the whole pack and keep moving if you get mobbed you should be okay, oh and use as much stealth tactics as you can (personal favourite is the multiple batarang to clear out the group and then pick them off, takes time but works)

Bill Casey
December 18th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Don't forget about your explosive gel...

YouTube - Batman Arkham Asylum - fun with explosive gel

Setting traps before you engage in a melee is usually a good opener...

Rip
December 18th, 2010, 3:22 PM
Very true, and don't underestimate the sonic batrang, combined with a handy gargoyle it makes a nice trap.

Bill Casey
December 18th, 2010, 8:23 PM
Typically, the freeflow combat parts are devoid of gargoyles...
But a lot of times, the baddies are just standing around waiting and don't notice you yet...

Alf
December 20th, 2010, 7:01 AM
I'm loads better at the combat now. Instead of looking at the guy I'm attacking I look at the others and see what they are doing. If I see them move to attack I press counter. My highest combo is now 15 or so.

It's just such an ace game. Can't wait for City now.

Rip
December 20th, 2010, 8:53 AM
I'm looking forward to the different looks of the thugs in the new one, should be cool to see the different 'uniforms'

Bill Casey
December 22nd, 2010, 5:06 PM
I wonder if Hugo Strange will employ the titan formula...
It'd be a nice nod to Strange's Monster Men...

http://images.wikia.com/marvel_dc/images/2/26/Monster_Men_001.jpg

Also, I wonder if Strange will use hallucinogens, and we'll get scarecrow like parts...

Bill Casey
December 22nd, 2010, 5:18 PM
New Takedowns...

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1140.snc4/148250_174563595909474_140262999339534_413824_4870 952_n.jpg

Gun Takedown

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs993.snc4/76663_164720533560447_140262999339534_360527_67086 45_n.jpg

Double Takedown

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1388.snc4/164011_175103982522102_140262999339534_416743_3884 832_n.jpg

Shield Takedown

Rip
December 22nd, 2010, 5:21 PM
I wondered about the hallucinogens, may work quite well if they go that route.

Think I'd rather see a different thing for him though, maybe have them as a whole sub-level where you 'see' the game as a totally different style.

Guy
December 22nd, 2010, 6:31 PM
I see the batsuit isn't still torn.

Alf
December 22nd, 2010, 6:39 PM
Why would it be? This isn't set directly after the last game.

Guy
December 22nd, 2010, 6:54 PM
Oh is it not?

I assumed it was directly after the last game, with Harley being in the nurses outfit in the original teaser, as well as

The Joker being pulverised in that same teaser due to using the venom, and Batman running off to stop Two Face at the end of the last game

Alf
December 22nd, 2010, 7:17 PM
Nah, they've had time to wall off a section of Arkham...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkham_City

Just saw that, this is interesting:

The events of the game are set in motion when Two-Face, seeking to gain status among the inmates and other villains outside the city, devises a plan to publicly execute Catwoman. Batman decides for both the safety of Gotham and of his past relationship with Catwoman that he must stop the execution by entering Arkham City himself

Alf
December 22nd, 2010, 7:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/tQUvt.jpg

Awesome.

Bill Casey
December 22nd, 2010, 11:15 PM
Here's a Detailed Account of the live Demo from Game Informer Magazine...

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/batman_arkham_city/b/xbox360/archive/2010/10/11/batman-arkham-city-cover-story.aspx?PostPageIndex=1

Since the events of Batman: Arkham Asylum, warden Quincy Sharp has taken credit for Batman’s successful quelling of Joker’s uprising and used that momentum to win Gotham City’s mayoral election. The first of his broad-sweeping plans is to proclaim Arkham Asylum and Blackgate Prison unfit to house criminals. Sharp buys up a large swath of Gotham’s slums and walls it off, stocking the perimeter with highly trained armed mercenaries from an outfit named Tyger. All prisoners are transported to this new facility dubbed “Arkham City” approximately a year after the events at the asylum. They are given only one rule under threat of death: do not try to escape. No other policing takes place inside, leaving a mix of two-bit criminals and super villains to eke out an existence in this lawless, ruthless ecosystem.

Sharp brings in a mysterious psychiatrist named Hugo Strange to head the new Arkham. Hidden from the eyes of the public, Strange is rumored to be up to terrible things, but nothing can be proven. Anyone who investigates his past or Arkham itself seems to disappear, most likely within the walls of the prison city.

Batman believes this is a ticking time bomb and has kept a watchful eye on Arkham City for months, looking for any excuse to break into the well-guarded prison. Recently admitted inmate Two-Face needs to gain respect and followers fast or risk being eaten alive by the other super villains on the inside. Both sides of his psyche agree that the best way to accomplish this is with a high-profile show of power: a public execution of Catwoman. Given their past, Batman has no choice but to enter this hellish domain to save her and uncover what’s really going on. With an all-new bag of tricks, he may just survive the night.

Our live demo begins with Batman perched atop a building overlooking Gotham’s prison city as a light sprinkling of snow falls in the night. Roving gangs of inmates wreak havoc below. His communicator crackles to life.

“Where is she, Alfred?” Batman asks.
“Miss Kyle was last seen in the vicinity of the Solomon Wayne Courthouse,” replies his faithful butler.
“That’s where Two-Face has been setting up camp.”
“Let’s hope she is still in one piece when you find her. Mr. Dent’s fascination with the number two could prove fatal to Catwoman.”

Batman takes a flying leap off the ledge, dive-bombing head first toward the streets below at an alarming speed. At the last moment, he spreads his cape and swoops back up into the sky. Soaring smoothly through the night air, Batman spots the courthouse in the far distance. He fires his grappling gun to the nearest skyscraper and uses the pull from the retracting rope to slingshot himself higher.

It’s shocking to see the Batman we know from the mostly enclosed Arkham Asylum navigating open world city streets. After all, an overly broad, boring Gotham is exactly what the team wanted to avoid last time around. In the sequel, incorporating Gotham in an exciting way is the number one priority. “What we wanted to do was glide through the Gotham streets and fight crime, but we wanted to do it in a way that feels concentrated,” Hill says. “What we wanted to do in building Arkham City was to create a place with the same attention to detail that we built with Arkham Island – to create something where there’s a story around every corner. It’s not a big, empty, expansive world. We wanted something with a real richness to it. We’re trying to create the most detailed and rich city that has ever been realized in a video game.”

Batman drifts to the courthouse rooftop and sneaks through a window. It’s immediately evident that Two-Face has made this place his own. Half of the interior is an immaculate, classic courtroom while the other side has been trashed and burned. Catwoman, bound in ropes, dangles upside down over a vat of acid while Two-Face paces back and forth flipping his famously marred silver dollar. A couple dozen inmates have come to see the show.

“The only way to get by in this place is to get ourselves some respect,” says Two-Face’s more sensible side, all that remains of former district attorney Harvey Dent. “Fear, that’s how we get respect. Show them all how we do things,” replies his twisted and disfigured side in a noticeably more sinister voice. “We should be fair, though. This is a place of justice after all. Screw justice. Kill her and they’ll all fear us. Bring out the defendant.”

“You certainly know how to keep a girl hanging, Harv.” Catwoman says. “Hey, have you had some work done?”
Two-Face strikes her across the face. “That’s for spying on us. No one spies on us,” he threatens.
“I’m sorry. I’ve been a bad kitty,” she teases. “Untie me and I’ll make it up to you.”
“Let’s see if the coin thinks you’re telling the truth,” Two-Face snarls. “This court is now in session.”

As the cutscene comes to a close, Batman scans the area with his blue-tinged detective vision and notices a single armed guard above his position. He grapples to a platform behind the enemy and, instead of automatically dangling from the ledge like before, Batman now has the option to instantly flip up into a roll that maintains his forward momentum. He pops out of the roll right behind the armed guard and initiates a chokehold. Like Gears of War’s reload mechanic, players can now hit the attack button again at just the right time to bring down enemies faster.

A wire stretches above the scene, and Batman creeps along it to get a better vantage point. He scans the inmates and finds one with a knife in need of disarming. With a simple button press, Batman attaches his grapple hook to the wire, jumps off, and goes into a swing kick that knocks the guy across the room like a golf ball. Batman lands in the middle of the audience. Several goons run away in terror, but plenty stick around for a beating.

Batman vaults over the closest one, casually spraying some explosive gel on his back in the process (all gadgets now play a key role in combat). Two enemies swing at him in quick succession and Batman palms both fists, crushing their hands until they’re left writhing on the floor. As he wails away on another foe, a new group fills in behind him. Batman summons a colony of bats to the scene to disorient and panic his attackers. Two-Face fires a pistol intermittently, forcing Batman to perform a series of gymnastic dodges. After the bats have moved on, Batman pulls out a detonator and hits the switch. The previously placed gel blasts several enemies. The last two inmates get desperate. One picks up a chair and chucks it at Batman. Just when it’s about to crack him in the head, Batman reaches up and catches it, instantly throwing it back. One left. Batman simply tosses him in the air and finishes him with a swift kick to the back that sends him flying into a wall. Of course, this finisher is presented in glorious slow motion.

“Because we felt that the system for [Arkham Asylum] was well-refined, we didn’t want to deconstruct that and pull it apart and make a completely different combat system. We wanted to build on it,” Hill says. New elements like multiple simultaneous counters, gadget incorporation, and projectile counters are all in service to the much larger crowds Batman will be fighting. “Basically, the idea was to balance it so I’m focusing on the guys who are nearest to me because they can hit me, but there might also be guys throwing things at me,” Hill explains. “There can be guys with guns at the back. So I have to manage the whole crowd rather than everyone funneling in front of me just waiting for me to hit them.”

With all of his goons out of commission, Two-Face makes one final play. “Objection,” he says before shooting Batman. “Overruled.”

With this nuisance out of the picture, Two-Face turns to his prey. “Heads or tails, kitty cat?”
“Which one ends with me getting out of here alive?” she asks.
Two-Face flips the coin and the scarred side lands facing up. “Not this one. Time to die.”
“I vote for a stay of execution,” Catwoman says as she claws the ropes off her wrist and slashes him in the face.

Two-Face recoils in pain, clutching his eyes and cursing at her. Catwoman frees her legs and gets right side up. A grappling hook fires from out of nowhere at Two-Face and soon enough he’s the one dangling above the acid.

“I thought it was only cats who had nine lives,” Catwoman (a.k.a. Selina Kyle) teases as Batman walks into view. “Anyone ever tell you that you’re full of surprises?”
“Figured you could use my help, Selina,” he replies.
“You’re right. I think I chipped a nail back there.”
“Funny.”
“So what do you need, Mr. Detective? I’m guessing it’s something to do with our friend here and how he fits into what Professor Strange has got cooking.”
“What do you know, Selina?”
“Not much. No one knows anything about the mystery man. It’s like he never existed before Sharp hired him. But there is definitely something going on with him and Joker.”
“That’s not what I wanted to hear.”
“It gets worse. The clown has a plan to destroy Gotham and take you out at the same time. You should get out of here. Leave Joker. He’ll be dead soon.”
“I can’t. He’s even more dangerous when backed in to a corner.”

As if on cue, a glowing green laser dot traces its way up Catwoman’s snug yet tactical suit. Next we see her in the crosshairs and hear a familiar voice. “Twinkle, twinkle, little bat. Watch me kill your favorite cat.” Joker’s disembodied voice tries to burst into his trademark maniacal laughter but he’s cut short by a violent coughing fit, a symptom of some mysterious illness.

“The ex-district attorney here said something about...” Catwoman says before Batman pulls her out of the way of Joker’s bullet. “What the hell?”
“You’re not safe here. No one is,” Batman warns as he presses her against a wall.
“Nine lives, remember?” Catwoman quips as she cracks her whip up into the rafters of the courthouse, pulls herself up, and sneaks off into the night.

The next step is to trace the sniper shot back to its source. Batman activates detective vision and finds the bullet lodged in the floor. He looks up and spots where it entered the window and is able to trace the shot to a far off tower. “We have more complicated crime scenes than in the first game,” Hill assures. “As you go through it gets more in depth and complicated, and we actually have puzzles based around the forensics as well.”

He climbs out the window he came in and hears a ruckus down below as a group of thugs gathered around the front door entreats Batman to come out and fight them. Ignoring them, he pulls out the line launcher, a gadget he didn’t have access to until late in the game last time, and uses it to zip toward the tower.

“When you’re doing a sequel to a game like this, what we didn’t want to do is have the same sort of upgrade path,” Hill says. “We’re going to start you with a number of the key gadgets that you earned when you played through the first game. And also we’re going to upgrade all of those gadgets.”

Along the way, Batman hears a group of inmates beating on someone and comes to a halt on the line. He swings up to perch on the wire and triggers a zoomed in first-person view. Batman now has access to a criminal database that tracks all of the major villains and their followers in the city. Since this ties in with detective vision, one of the instigators glows bright green to indicate his allegiance with the Riddler.

Batman dive-bombs off the wire straight into the asphalt streets, and his impact pushes everyone back. Using the visual filter, Batman is able to beat up the inmates while trying to avoid hitting the Riddler’s man. Once everyone is down he grabs the final prisoner by the neck for an interrogation.

”Riddler – what’s he up to?” Batman demands.
“Oh crap, okay, okay! I just help him out,” the inmate pleads. “There’s a bunch of us. We give him info and he doesn’t put us in those crazy machines of his.”
“It’s been a pleasure,” Batman growls before knocking the informant out.

This new interrogation system replaces the Riddler maps from the first game that marked all of the trophy locations in a certain area. “We’re definitely adding more depth to Riddler’s experience,” Hill says. “The trophies around the world are not going to be as easy to get as they were last time. There are going to be little puzzles to get to them.”

A glowing green question mark beckons Batman from a nearby rooftop, but as soon as he gets close to it a mechanical trap encases it. When he backs off, it opens again. Batman pulls out the Bat Claw and fires it at the trophy, which latches on and pulls it toward him. While this is a simple example from early in the game, Rocksteady promises trickier puzzles and other helpful functions of the Bat Claw’s new fetching mechanic.

Continuing on, Batman hears a payphone ringing on the streets below with a group of prisoners huddled around it. They speak of the urban legend that has gone around Arkham City where anyone who answers a payphone supposedly ends up dead. Batman listens to them all daring each other into picking it up until he’s had enough and jumps down nearby. Players can now use a new taunt button to scare off less courageous enemies.

“You’re all going down,” Batman threatens.
“It’s Batman! Get out of here!” a prisoner shouts.
Everyone scrams without a fight and Batman strolls up to the still ringing phone. He picks up.
“Hello, Batman. Do you recognize my voice?”
“Zsasz,” he replies.

This serial killer made only a brief appearance in the first game threatening to electrocute an asylum guard. This time around he’ll have a long form side-mission that players can dig into. “We have a number of these stories, which are linked to key characters and their stories within Arkham City,” Hill says. “You obviously have the main story that runs through, but you have these parallel side stories. If you want to jump in and find out about those, they’re optional but they’re all really worthwhile.”

After his chat with Zsasz, Batman follows the sniper bullet trajectory to a church bell tower. A small group of new armored enemies block the entrance. These guys can block most normal attacks, so Batman has to use his cape swipe to stun them first. This opens them up to a new quick and brutal attack called a beat down. Basically Batman unleashes a rapid flurry of painful-looking punches that’ll knock out most any enemy whether he’s wearing protection or not. After dispatching the guards, Batman sneaks into the church and hears a familiar voice.

“Coming through, B-man!” shouts Harley Quinn as she charges towards him with a series of handsprings and flips. Much like the last time Joker’s girl tried this in Arkham Asylum, Batman sidesteps her attack and tosses her aside.

“Let the lady go, batfreak, or the doctors all get a bullet in the head,” warns one of several machinegun-toting Joker members. The church has become a makeshift triage center that humanitarian aid workers have convinced Strange to allow within the prison.

“I think you should do what he says. It would be a shame to get blood all over my nice new outfit,” she says. Instead of a nurse outfit, Harley now wears red and black pants and a matching midriff-baring top. Her face paint has been scaled back to a much more subtle degree and now she has a Joker tattoo on one of her hips peeking out over her waistband. She circles around Batman while explaining that she’s keeping him away from Joker due to his illness. Harley apparently kidnapped a doctor to help him out, but she was unable to diagnose the problem. Rocksteady notes that this face-to-face encounter with Harley is part of a wider philosophy to bring Batman closer to the villains more often this time around without putting them behind some kind of protective Plexiglas or metal bars.

Harley slips out of the church, leaving the goons with guns to deal with Batman. At any time players could go after these enemies, but Rocksteady has put several lines of dialogue in for those who want to just stand there and listen to these knuckleheads try to figure out what to do next.

“Keep it together. He’s ours. What’s he gonna do?” one says.
“Good point. I mean, it’s not like he’s got a reputation for breaking free of traps and smashing people’s faces. Oh no, that’s right. That’s exactly what he does,” retorts another.

After much debate they all decide to shoot on the count of three, but by that point Batman has already thrown down one of his new smoke pellets and grappled out of the situation. The enemies scatter throughout the church in panic. Batman maneuvers over to a ledge and notices an enemy standing directly under him with the help of his detective vision. With a single button press Batman dangles himself over the edge and chokes out the foe with his legs. Next he creeps along at ground level behind two thugs and smashes their heads together for a double takedown. The final target has taken a doctor hostage inside a confessional booth. Batman maneuvers behind the booth and takes advantage of the new weak wall system by bursting through like Kool-Aid Man and subduing the criminal. With the doctors now safe, Batman ascends the bell tower.

Batman pulls himself up into the highest chamber, which contains a sniper rifle with a transmitter attached and a large stockpile of clown-themed explosives. Instead of getting the hell out of there like a rational person, Batman pulls out a new gadget called the broadcast analyzer to track the location of Joker’s transmissions. “You can use it to scan around different broadcasts,” Hill says. “That’s the GCPD dispatch. I can also tune into Gotham FM. There are lots of secrets here for players to find. Lots of mystery broadcasts that will lead you to different areas if you search around.”

Once Batman gets a lock on Joker’s signal, a static-laced message plays out. “I’ve waited a long time for this, Bats. Let’s start the party with a bang. Hahahahaha! 5, 4, 3...”

There’s no time to climb back down the tower. With the quick press of a button, Batman smashes through the nearest window and the camera cuts outside to the Arkham City skyline. His dark silhouette narrowly escapes the violent tower explosion. Plummeting to the ground below, Batman spreads his cape and soars upward towards the screen, enveloping everything in blackness.

mr sabu
December 23rd, 2010, 12:48 AM
if this turns out like arkham asylum.. it's going to be my goty for shure.

Londonmark
December 25th, 2010, 12:42 AM
New Takedowns...

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1140.snc4/148250_174563595909474_140262999339534_413824_4870 952_n.jpg

Gun Takedown

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs993.snc4/76663_164720533560447_140262999339534_360527_67086 45_n.jpg

Double Takedown

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1388.snc4/164011_175103982522102_140262999339534_416743_3884 832_n.jpg

Shield Takedown

Triple Takedown

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/7658/2ij2bkw.jpg (http://img28.imageshack.us/i/2ij2bkw.jpg/)

Bill Casey
December 25th, 2010, 6:11 PM
I was replaying Arkham Asylum and came across this thought...

You know how Batman has to get the security code from Quincy Sharp in order to use his cryptographic sequencer to bypass security? Well, what if Hugo Strange uses multiple security codes? It'd be an easy and sensible way to cordon off certain parts of the map without stripping Batman of all his cool gadgets from the first game...

Also, maybe an upgrade to the line launcher that has it work at an upward angle...

Atty
December 25th, 2010, 6:36 PM
You can get the line to work at an upward angle, it's just that the game doesn't want you to. I'd aim the camera higher than it should be and firing it without aiming the line and get an upward angle. I think that's what I did. Been awhile.

Bill Casey
December 25th, 2010, 9:21 PM
http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/111/1117366/batman-arkham-city-20100901084908583.jpg

Double Stealth Takedown...

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/111/1117366/batman-arkham-city-20100901084851802_640w.jpg

Tracing Bullet Trajectory...

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/112/1127032/batman-arkham-city-20101011071047007_640w.jpg

Armored Goon...

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/111/1117366/batman-arkham-city-20100901084854849_640w.jpg

Joker's Henchmen...

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/111/1117366/batman-arkham-city-20100901084857442_640w.jpg

Knife...

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/111/1117366/batman-arkham-city-20100901084906145_640w.jpg

Batman moving across a wire...

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/111/1117366/batman-arkham-city-20100901084910880_640w.jpg

Smoke Bombs...

Londonmark
December 26th, 2010, 3:02 PM
Ok but have you seen these pictures?

References in Arkham City
Gotham City Police Department
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/4149/21122010180919.png
Carmine Falcone
http://img600.imageshack.us/i/falconewarehousing.jpg
Vicki Vale
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/7961/26122010160123.png
Red Hood
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/4269/fotoflexerphotojz.jpg

Batman Movie References in Arkham City
Tim Burton movies
Thomas and Martha Wayne (Batman 1989)
Bruce Wayne’s parents took him to the Monarch Theatre. Before they were killed later that night.
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/5240/aa0aa858f246dd66147b67b.jpg
Max Shreck (Batman Returns)
This Cat’s head is from Max Shreck’s multi-million pound department store called Shreck’s.
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/2476/f134145d313343d5c8fe7d7.jpg

Characters who were referenced in Arkham Asylum
Robin (Dick Grayson)-Referenced in Clayface’s bio and in the visitor center.
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/8024/23122010043031.png
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/5187/robinidickgraysonrefere.png
Robin (Jason Todd)-Referenced before you rescue Commisioner Gordon.
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/4454/23122010043631.png
Injustice Gang-Referenced in the newspaper that unlocks Firefly’s bio.
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2413/25122010105938.png

Bill Casey
December 27th, 2010, 8:04 PM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=262955

Arkham City, which is about 4-5 times bigger than Arkham Asylum.
Looking at the raw amount of animations in this sequel, Batman's moves have doubled in number
the player will begin Batman: Arkham City with many of the same core gadgets that they unlocked in the first game.
gamers can expect to see a range of totally new gadgets, as well as evolved new features built into those tools that they already enjoyed in Batman: Arkham Asylum."

If Arkham City is 4-5 times bigger, that could mean more villains...

Guy
December 27th, 2010, 8:26 PM
Honestly I cannot fucking wait for this game. When's the due date?

Edicus2288i
December 28th, 2010, 2:56 AM
Fall 2011 I believe

Bill Casey
January 11th, 2011, 7:51 PM
Jack Ryder is in Arkham City. He’s being held political prisoner, and Batman has to rescue him. Jack was doing some investigative reporting and got too close to the truth about Hugo Strange…

Jack Ryder of course also known for his transmutation into his anti-hero alter ego of The Creeper, who patrols the streets of Gotham and is completely insane…

So that’s Calendar Man AND Jack Ryder in Arkham City. A representative did say they wanted to put hints in the last game of who would show up in the sequel, and with Arkham City being 4-5 times larger, is it possible they'd put all of the bio’d villains from Arkham Asylum in this?

http://www.comicbookbrain.com/_imagery/_2007_01_29/creeper_panel_420.jpg

Bill Casey
January 19th, 2011, 4:01 AM
Since it's going to be awhile until the game comes out, I'm going to cover a member of Batman's Rogues Gallery each week, and highlight how I would like to see them used in the Arkhamverse...

These are all just hypothetical ideas that are swimming around in my head...

The Ventriloquist

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a338/Billcasey247/ventriloquist.jpg

Who He Is: Arnold Wesker is an extremely troubled individual with a Dissociative Identity Disorder that he expresses through Ventriloquist Dolls, most notably “Scarface”. Wesker is meak, timid and introverted by comparison. He operates a nightclub and makes his criminal mark as a cutthroat drug lord.

How He Could Fit: In the “Arkham Asylum” game, Scarface was stolen from Wesker and defiled by Joker. It’s logical Scarface would have a vendetta against The Joker. Two-Face is looking to establish his empire, and Wesker would certainly have resources that would make an alliance valuable. Scarface would be looking for powerful help to get his revenge on Joker. There’s a dual nature to both characters, and putting them together just fits the theme of doubles. With the extreme personalities involved, I would expect one to betray the other before this shaky alliance is all said and done. “The Ventriloquist Club” should definitely be a location in the game. You also must have a gruesome end for the Scarface puppet.

Boss Battle Mechanics: I’d like to see a Predator-Style boss fight, where you have to take out all of The Ventriloquist’s men first, wear The Ventriloquist’s health down, and then go for the kill. If you knock him down and immediately go for the knockout, he just shoots you in the face. So it’s a lot of hitting, running, and keeping from being spotted.

I’d also like to see a cover based fight. One where you would hide behind objects, throw batarangs to momentary stop him from shooting, and move up until you’re close enough to melee the shit out of him. Wesker’s Tommy Gun lends itself well to this type of encounter.

Rip
January 21st, 2011, 6:21 PM
Cool.

However, on the Boss Battle you could also go down the power villain route with Wesker building the giant Scarface puppet, which could also give a different battle - as various side missions Scarfaces' goons are stealing the required parts to the monster, stop them and you get a 'hunt and kill' style battle, chasing the frustrated duo through a warehouse as they toss grenades at you and fire from cover, fail to stop them and you get the giant puppet to fight, doing it that way would also add some (more) replay to the game.

Bill Casey
January 26th, 2011, 9:45 PM
Ah. Taking a page from "The Batman" episode "The Big Dummy". Not a bad idea, especially for a video game, as it lends itself to a decent boss battle...

Without further adieu, here's the second entry in the Arkamverse Fanwankstravaganza...

NOTE: These are all just hypothetical ideas that are swimming around in my head, and are not news for the upcoming game. This is just a novelty exercise while we wait for the game. Enjoy...

Week 2: Scarecrow

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a338/Billcasey247/scarecrow.jpg

Who He Is: Jonathan Crane is a psychiatrist with a sick obsession with fear. He develops terror inducing toxins and a variety of methods to administer them. Even without the toxins, Crane is a master of manipulation and finds ways to induce terror.

How He Could Fit: We’ve already seen a tremendous version of Crane implemented in Arkham, and despite the picture I’ve used, I wouldn’t change his design much. Why mess with perfection? We saw in the last game, Scarecrow got a hold of some Titan, and that definitely should play some role. I’ll get into some fight scenarios below.

The Mechanics:

Attempting to track down the Joker leads Batman to the old Ace Chemical Processing Plant. There, and tank explodes when Batman goes near it, and Batman, along with a number of thugs, get exposed to fear toxin. Batman starts hallucinating Joker’s origin story while thugs exhibit bizarre and irrational behavior, including mimicking lunatics. Batman is confused as he inoculated himself from the fear toxin, and should no longer be affected by it. As Batman kicks some ass and advances, the plant starts to turn into the warehouse where Jason Todd was killed, and Batman relives that as well. It starts to go to the familiar Scarecrow battle from the past game, but the giant Scarecrow instead bursts through the floor behind Batman, and he has to navigate a course while being chased. Overcoming the fear, Batman regains his senses, and discovers Scarecrow was working on something based on the titan compound.

Batman is breaking in to an old police station overrun by Black Tiger mercenaries. During a cut scene, Scarecrow jumps out of a locker, stabs Batman in the neck and runs off. Batman turns into a titan, and you just absolutely level the place. After you take out a number of Black Tiger mercenaries as Titan Batman, a cut scene occurs with Gotham City Police bursting through the door, and Bat Titan smashing them. It ends with Batman killing Commissioner Gordon. Of course, this was all the fear toxin, Batman never truly changed. Normal Batman gets up, and continues through the police station, now overrun with lunatic Black Tigers. Scarecrow apparitions now periodically pop out of walls and try to hit Batman with a scythe. This happens almost instantaneously, they are attached at the waist to whatever they pop out of, and is generally designed to scare the shit out of you. Batman also sees Bruce Wayne in a prison cell, having been arrested by Gordon for his crimes as Batman. The Scarecrow portion ends with a fully formed scythe wielding Scarecrow apparition that Batman must engage in free flow combat, which involves stunning, landing a couple of hits, countering, repeating and rolling the fuck out of the way from certain attacks. And that concludes the Scarecrow portion of that area, except for a room with some research notes.

In an abandoned amusement park, Batman gets hit with a dart; Scarecrow goes by on a roller coaster, and its fear ride time. We hear a young Bruce Wayne not wanting to go to the circus because he’s afraid of the clowns, and his parents decide to take him wherever he wants to go. Young Bruce wants to see The Mark of Zorro again at the theater. Further into the park, we explore the crippling of Bat-girl by the Joker, and a maze of fun-house mirrors with disturbing imagery in the reflections, such as Batman's reflection being replaced by that of his dead father. The reflections eventually turn into giant eyeballs and shouts of “Bruce Wayne is Batman!” towards the end. Some more Scarecrow apparitions are sprinkled in and we make it to Scarecrow in a makeshift laboratory. Scarecrow is frustrated that he Batman hasn’t left him enough time to properly test his work, Scarecrow injects himself, and turns into The Scarebeast.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a338/Billcasey247/scarebeast.jpg

Here, I would have a more complex chase sequence back out of the area, and at some point Scare-beast needs to just burst through the wall right behind you. If it catches you, you die. Also, there's loud and creepy voices throughout. The sequence ends with Scare-beast being hit by a roller-coaster and the illusion shatters. Turns out the Scare-beast sequence was yet another fear hallucination. The real Scarecrow is bewildered that Batman is continuing to resist his new and improved fear toxin. It should have killed him. Batman knocks Crane out and pieces together that Crane was actually using elements of the Titan formula to improve his own fear toxin.

Rip
January 30th, 2011, 5:21 AM
Perhaps something along the lines of 'Terror' could also work, with Crane and Strange in tandem at least for a while, the ending could also make a nice boss battle.

My guess is it all depends on which way they go with Strange, if they go Monster Men then fine but if they go the hallucinogen route then I can't see them using Scarecrow unless it's as a distraction/false lead as the two could come across so similar.

Bill Casey
February 2nd, 2011, 5:16 PM
NOTE: These are all just hypothetical ideas that are swimming around in my head, and are not news for the upcoming game. This is just a novelty exercise while we wait for the game. Enjoy...

"Groundhog’s Day…"

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a338/Billcasey247/calendarman.jpg

Week 3: Calendar Man

Who He Is: Julian Day is an obscure villain who plans ludicrous crimes based around calendar dates in order to test his wits and skill against the Batman. He’s notable for his struggles with human mortality and his reluctance to take a life; at least until he was put in solitary confinement with no way of knowing the date and he missed the millennium. Then he really snapped.

How He Could Fit: I see Calendar Man as a potential vehicle for Holiday themed DLC, where he commits crimes based on holidays and teams up with several Bat Villains to take down Batman. Nothing fancy, just a string of major western holiday themed Batman with a camp and quirky change of pace.

The Mechanics:

OCTOBER: HALLOWEEN DLC - Criminals in Halloween masks are on the streets robbing people door to door, and Batman must stop it. After defeating a number of thugs, Batman has to do some interrogation and detective work to discover who’s behind this and where they are. It’s Calendar Man, and he’s in an old Chocolate Factory. Calendar Man was expecting to lure The Dark Knight to him and invited an old friend: The Scarecrow. Batman goes through a fear sequence where Calendar dates fly by and he ages until he becomes too old to protect the city, and starts seeing an older version of him murdering criminals to try and keep up. This ends with a Scarecrow Sequence similar in layout to the first game, but utilizing new gadgets like the smoke bombs. This sequence ends with a fight with a Scythe wielding Scarecrow and a bunch of skeletons. Finally Batman getting to knock a defenseless Calendar Man the fuck out.

NOVEMBER: (American) THANKSGIVING DLC – This one starts with Julian Day holding a football (Gridiron) stadium hostage from a blimp, and Batman on a football field beating up a number of thugs dressed like football players. And let’s say you can edit the football uniform colors so Batman can beat up you least favorite team. Day lets you know he has the commissioner’s family in a supermarket, and the scene shifts to Batman outside of the building, and the police surrounding the area. Batman has to stealth his way inside and through the large grocery store, facing armed thugs dressed like Pilgrims. In addition to Commissioner Gordon’s family (including Oracle) Calendar Man has also invited Mr. Zsasz to carve the turkey. After saving everyone in the back, you get to knock Calendar Man the fuck out.

DECEMBER: CHRISTMAS DLC – In order to get Batman’s attention, Calendar Man has taken over a fucking shopping mall, and populated it with goons dressed as Santa Claus. Yes, Batman vs. Santa Claus. Some fights, some stealth, some hostages to free and a spot where you fight little people dressed as elves that pop out of presents. Calendar Man is at Santa’s Workshop sitting on Santa’s chair, and laments that Joker wouldn’t return his calls. Once again, you get to knock Calendar Man the fuck out.

JANUARY: NEW YEARS DLC – Thugs are in the streets setting off bombs and fireworks. After clearing them out, Batman marks a fireworks warehouse on his map. Thugs are armed with flamethrowers, and you have to take them out stealthily without them seeing you or making them overly nervous. After clearing them out, but not finding Julian, Batman leaves the building. On the roof, he sees Calendar Man dressed as father time, along with the New Year’s Baby, Baby Doll, who has a rocket launcher. A free flow ensues with Batman battling thugs while avoiding a rocket launcher. Let’s say it ends with you knocking Calendar Man the fuck out. Those constant blows to the head can’t be good for him. Just saying.

FEBRUARY: VALENTINE’S DLC – Julian Day has somehow managed to capture Catwoman, and has her in the chocolate factory. It soon becomes apparent that he had significant help from the League of Assassins. Talia Al Ghul is very displeased with the Batman and Catwoman relationship. Julian, in a very tasteful Cupid outfit, seems rather obsessed with Catwoman. Julian mentions that the Year of The Cat (Vietnamese Zodiac) and the Year of The Bat (UNEP) just ended, which he sees as a sign. He goes on to prattle about ancient Egypt and the festival of Bast, and mentions how 2012 is time for the Belgian cat festival, which happens every three years. Catwoman’s pretty disgusted by the whole thing. Talia is fought in a freeflow battle, Catwoman is rescued, and let’s say Calendar Man is knocked the fuck out.

MARCH: SAINT PATRICK’S DLC – More little people punching. This time, they are dressed as leprechauns and wrecking parade floats. Batman can trace the wreckage back to the park, where Poison Ivy unleashes giant killer Shamrocks on you. After a battle with a troll like plant monster encompassing Ivy and holding a giant shillelagh, batman gets to knock Calendar Man the fuck out.

APRIL: EASTER DLC – Easter Egg shaped bombs are planted around the city, and Batman must find and disarm them all within the time limit. Thugs in Easter bunny outfits, you know the drill. Batman must return to the Mall, and fight his way through. It ends with The Joker, who has Calendar Man tied up. April Fools! Joker says Calendar Man was going to attempt some stupid nonsense with Egghead and Humpty Dumpty, but Joker has better stupid nonsense for you. Ten Titan Monsters in pink bunny ears. Upon defeating the onslaught, Joker says it is April Fools after all, and says there’s a backup on each bomb that can be activated with a button press. To get the best ending, you have to go up to each bomb you’ve already disarmed and also disarm the failsafe device before this point. Otherwise, you get bombs blowing up.

I thought about something with the end of the Great Cycle on the Mayan Calendar on December 12th 2012, but that's a year later, kind of obscure, and makes the theme a bit dated and singular. You couldn't break it out the next time that rolls around, because it's over five thousand years from now. Seems like it'd be something good for the comics, though...

Rip
February 3rd, 2011, 4:20 AM
:lol:

I have no way at all to improve this idea...... as long as we get the original costume not the pie eating freak they seem to have decided upon!

Alf
February 3rd, 2011, 9:06 AM
Bill... you are a genius.

Bill Casey
February 3rd, 2011, 10:54 PM
Four new screens...

http://cdn.zoknowsgaming.com/wp-content/gallery/batmanarkhamcity/batman-arkham-city-feb2.jpg
http://cdn.zoknowsgaming.com/wp-content/gallery/batmanarkhamcity/batman-arkham-city-feb3.jpg
http://cdn.zoknowsgaming.com/wp-content/gallery/batmanarkhamcity/batman-arkham-city-feb1.jpg
http://cdn.zoknowsgaming.com/wp-content/gallery/batmanarkhamcity/batman-arkham-city-feb4.jpg

Bill Casey
February 9th, 2011, 1:22 AM
It’s Tuesday here. The second day, on the second week of the second month of the year.

Week 22: Two Face

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a338/Billcasey247/Twoface.jpg

Who He Is: Once an ally on the War on Crime, Harvey Dent became horribly physically and mentally scarred, and his personality fractured in two. Both parts of his psyche pull Two Face in different directions, causing him to have to leave most of his decisions up to a coin flip. Coupled with the psychopathic nature of one of his personalities, this makes him extremely dangerous and unpredictable.

How He Could Fit: We’ve essentially seen how Harvey Dent fits into the story initially. He’s the newest ‘inmate’ within the confines of the lawless cityscape. He’s campaigning for henchmen, and looking to make an impact. We know he holds court for Catwoman and plays both the prosecution and the defense. I mentioned before that I’d like to see a short lived partnership with another Split Personality, the Ventriloquist.

The Mechanics: Two Face’s actions in the game should be dictated by a randomized series of coin flips, which changes how his portion of the tale progresses. He makes several decisions that can go one of two ways, sometimes even benefiting you. Every time you play the game, his encounters are unpredictable. At one point, Batman has to trail Two Face to get Joker’s location from him, and it’s a journey that leads you through a series of previously explored locations repopulated with Two Face forces in a different configuration. Each area in the series can be one of two places, and the enemies can be one of two configurations, one of which being more difficult.

(To Be Continued in Part Two)

mr sabu
February 9th, 2011, 9:43 PM
liking the ideas Mr Casey

i await on your man-bat, firefly and Mr. Freeze fights

Bill Casey
February 9th, 2011, 10:44 PM
(Part Two)

Boss battle:
As Strange starts to lose his grip on Arkham City, and an attempt to reverse the damage to Two Face through reconstructive surgery fails, Batman faces Two Face and his men in one of Strange’s facilities, in a labyrinth of double loaded corridors. Batman says to himself, “Two Face will be difficult to take down, I had better take out his henchmen first” The doors are locked down, there’s not a lot of room to maneuver, and Batman’s only ally take the forms of grates and vents. Batman needs to utilize silent and corner take downs to avoid attracting other henchmen. Now that it’s just Dent, Batman says he needs to get behind him. For this encounter Two Face has traded his pistols for a sawed off double barrel shotgun which is a one hit kill. You’re instructed to take the coin out of midair with a batarang from behind to distract him, leaving him vulnerable. You land a couple good hits on him, knock him to the floor, and then go back into hiding. You do this roughly three times to deplete his health, and he gets more paranoid each time…

As a predator style boss fight, he's immune to ground take downs. He will kill you with a shotgun blast to the face if you try it. This would be late in the game, so you would know this by this point...

Interview Tapes details his abusive father, his estranged wife Gilda, and attempts to break him of his coin dependence...

Jez
February 14th, 2011, 11:43 AM
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/114/1149377p1.html

Interesting interview with Rocksteady Game Director Sefton Hill where it's confirmed, among other things, that City will feature no multiplayer co-op or otherwise. I for one am hugely relieved as I feared had they added it that focus would have been diverted from the single player experience. That and the fact that multiplayer achievements/trophies can be a huge pain.

Morrison
February 14th, 2011, 11:53 AM
yeah, to be honest, multiplayer was never a concern with me regarding this game. even if they delivered something good in that area, the single player game is where all my excitement and anticipation lies.

it might be nice to see a co-op experience offered as an expansion months after release, maybe. don't know if they'd consider that, though.

Bill Casey
February 14th, 2011, 11:41 PM
She'll rip your heart out...

Week 5: Nocturna

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a338/Billcasey247/nocturna.jpg

Who She Is: Natalia Knight was a recurring Batman character in the 80s. Her adopted father was a rich crime lord. He died; she had an accident with a laser that robbed her of her pigment, medical bills dwindled her fortune, and she took to a life of crime as “Nocturna, Mistress of the Night”. She had several partners in crime, and also became one of Batman’s forbidden romances. Batman the Animated Series was going to turn her into a vampire, but the idea was dropped when the censors didn’t want blood sucking on a children’s show.

How She Could Fit: I see a total "revamp" of the character. No pun intended. I would keep the elegant and romantic demure, the absence of pigment (let’s say from birth instead of a radioactive laser in an observatory), and the overall aesthetics of the character. However, I’d make her an insane serial killer with a vampire obsession. She wouldn’t actually be a vampire, just a psychotic with a skin condition. Taking a page from Elizabeth Bathory, Nocturna would drink and bathe in the blood of her victims. Her unrequited obsession in Batman (who is a bit vampiric himself) would be unsettling to say the least, making Batman’s relationships with Talia and Catwoman appear almost functional.

The Mechanics:

Thugs in the area mention that no one who goes into that church comes out alive. It’s side-quest time. The church is fairly straight forward, mostly empty and creepy. Occasionally, there will be a thug running for his life, or a group trapped or tied up. Some of them say things like “Where the hell did she even get those things?” and “She calls them her children”. Batman encounters wolves in this level. There are a lot of deceased bodies on the floor. Skulls with candles and assorted macabre imagery adorn the church, nothing goreish, though.

Batman finds Nocturna enjoying a glass of red liquid, and she seems strangely infatuated with him. She talks about how she knew he would come, the night, the stars, destiny, and it’s done with a creepy stalker vibe. When he doesn’t respond to her advances, she tries to stab him, and Batman must throw her off. She runs into the back room, Batman follows, and there’s her “pet” Dr. Langstrom bound and blindfolded in a chair. She gives him his serum, and he transforms into Man Bat.

After the Man Bat altercation, Langstrom talks about how Nocturna sometimes was desperate for him to cure her condition, but then she’d go crazy and destroy his work, saying she didn’t want to be cured. She’d use the Man Bat as a weapon and bathe in the blood of the unfortunate victims. She believed it gave her power. He adds that she has a hot air balloon in the courtyard. Batman travels there next, and she’s already leaving by the time he gets there. You latch on with the grappling gun, and a struggle ensues within the Balloon. Nocturna mentions they’re too heavy, she tries to kill Batman with a knife, you fight her off and the balloon crashes on a nearby rooftop. Batman gets out from under the deflated balloon and Nocturna is gone, disappearing into the night.

Fanny
February 14th, 2011, 11:47 PM
I think I've mentioned more than once in this thread that I'm all for a hot air balloon fight

Bill Casey
February 15th, 2011, 12:01 AM
That sounds true...
As I recall, you wouldn't shut up about it...

:chin:

I don't care about the Batmobile. I want a Bat Balloon.

Clayface had better turn into a hot air balloon

Multiplayer Schmultiplayer. Where's the Balloon Mode?

Joker should have a hot air balloon and they can shoot each other in a balloon fight

Let's get back to talking about hot air balloon fights

I will fight you. Just as soon as I get a hot air balloon to do it in. 'It' as in fight you. not "do it" as in sex. maybe both, but only if we have time. I'm only renting it. I'm not made of money.

Bill Casey
February 24th, 2011, 4:50 AM

She'll be back again some day...

Week 6: Mr. Freeze

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a338/Billcasey247/mrfreeze.jpg

Who He Is: Dr. Victor Fries is a master of cryogenics who puts his own terminally ill wife in suspended animation. The owner of the company he works for finds out, pulls the plug on Nora Fries, and shoves Victor into chemicals that leave him unable to survive outside of sub-zero temperatures. Freeze survives, builds an impressive suit and weaponry, and uses it on his never ending crusade to exact revenge on the world and find a way to bring his dead wife back to the world of the living.

How He Could Fit: I see Freeze as being in his own little world by himself, with not even a henchman to assist him. I know he’s had henchmen and forged team ups at various times, but it just doesn’t feel right to have a bunch of guys in parkas following him around. Freeze is the embodiment of detachment from humanity. He should be isolated, cold, distant and alone.

The Mechanics/The Story:

A cut scene occurs where black tiger officers are waiting around a security gate. There’s some exposition that they are awaiting their commanding officer, who has the level of security clearance necessary to go through the gate. The commanding officer has gone to the old Gothcorp building to see Mr. Freeze, and he never came back. As you approach the building, the surrounding area begins to look like its winter, blending into snow and ice. Once inside, you see Black Tiger forces on a search and rescue mission for the officer. New elements are introduced, areas of ice where you must tread carefully, snow that slows Batman down, blizzards that affect vision, and frozen ledges that Batman will slip on if he tries to climb them, and giant icicles that you can claw and pull down on enemies. There’s also a predator area where you must deal with these new elements while picking off Black Tiger forces. The forces will also notice and follow your footprints in the snow.

About halfway through the building, the only Black Tigers you encounter are dead and frozen. The music disappears, and only the cold ambient winter remains as you trudge and platform onward. Not even Riddler trophies are here. You also see large cryostasis room with various thugs from all different factions in storage tubes. Finally, you encounter the frozen Black Tiger Officer as well as Freeze in a cut scene, with his beloved Nora in stasis. It starts with Freeze quoting from The Raven, as Batman stands in his doorway in dark silhouette. The implication being made is Nora is his lost Lenore and Batman is the Raven sent to torture him in his cold and lonesome decent into madness. Freeze changes subjects and talks about how Hugo Strange is extremely interested in cryogenics. He has a team of scientists working on a way to store violent criminals cryogenically. Batman infers that Strange wants Freeze’s help in developing this technology, but Freeze says “Incorrect. The man you see before you came with a very different proposition. Strange has collected some of the best minds in their fields. His boasts are… intriguing. He believes he can cure me. He even believes he can cure my wife. If he is lying, if he is incorrect, I will make him suffer, but if he is correct… He wants you, Batman. For what reason, I care not. There is but one thing in this cold cruel world I care about, and I will do anything to get it”

Mr. Freeze ices over the door and it’s time for round one. Freeze will shoot his laser in a sweeping motion that Batman must roll over. If Batman gets close to Nora, Freeze will cease his shots. Batman tells the player “If I could spray explosive gel on his back, it should buy me some time.” Getting in front of Nora gives Batman the opening. Doing so with the new move cracks his helmet and causes some steam effects and problems for Freeze. Batman takes the opportunity to grab the security card, break down the ice wall and move into the next room, which happens to be cryostasis. Freeze lets loose some of his test subjects and Batman fights a couple waves. Freeze comes out with the third wave, and his gun will freeze the thugs, which Batman can use as cover in addition to jumping over the beam. Freeze will also shatter the thugs, making their shelter only a brief respite. Freeze’s helmet is still cracked, and Batman says he might be able to break it with some batarangs. Once Freeze’s helmet bursts, he drops his gun to pick glass out of his face, and it’s your chance to grapple it with the claw and Freeze him in a block of ice. Then, you continue out of the building.

Towards the entrance, Freeze returns through an alternative route that Batman can’t access. This time, there’s several pillars, and Batman remark in his internal monologue of convenient exposition that if Mr. Freeze freezes the pillars, they should be weak enough to be taken down with explosives. So Batman has to take down all four pillars with explosives after Freeze freezes them, and Freeze can actually restore a pillar with Ice. Once this is done, the ceiling collapses on Freeze, and he’s buried in the rubble. Batman finishes Poe’s poem, “And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor shall be lifted… nevermore.” Batman continues out to find more Black Tiger forces just getting ready to enter the building, and you get to get the jump on them for good measure.

Nitram
March 15th, 2011, 6:32 PM
YouTube - Batman: Arkham City 'This Ain't No Place for a Hero Trailer' TRUE-HD QUALITY

Fanny
March 15th, 2011, 6:36 PM
omag

Derek
March 15th, 2011, 10:23 PM
Harley looks kinda hot.

Bill Casey
March 15th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Dammit...
I had the idea that Joker was lying about dying...

mr sabu
March 16th, 2011, 2:27 PM
did someone say more screen shots

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/screenshots/1294/med_057_RiddlerBackTVs.jpg

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/screenshots/1294/med_053%20Rescue.jpg

woops i missed one :( dam haing not much sleep. not really a screen shot. more concept art

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/news/434_Riddler_15.jpg

Fanny
March 16th, 2011, 4:07 PM
I'm actually having a Batgasm

Guy
March 16th, 2011, 4:18 PM
Bahaha, look how he's carrying that guy.

Just hoisting him fucking sideways with one arm and zipping about with him, a guy that's practically the same size as he is, no pressure on Bats face at all.

Bill Casey
March 16th, 2011, 6:51 PM
http://kapowgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/072-SteelMill_HighRes1-e1299854171338.jpg
http://kapowgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/065-Magma-586x329.jpg
http://kapowgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/055_JokerLieutenant1_HighRes1-e1299853671918.jpg
http://kapowgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/067_Paramedic-106-586x329.jpg
http://kapowgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/069_Lieutenant-107.jpg

What should they call Joker's new henchman?
I vote "Lefty"...

mth
March 16th, 2011, 6:58 PM
I hope he introduces him as his right-hand man.

mr sabu
May 18th, 2011, 9:57 PM
from 360achievments.org

Size matters, right? So you'll be pleased to learn that Batman: Arkham City will feature more than 40 hours of content, with the central storyline taking roughly 25 hours to complete and there'll also be around 15 hours of side missions to embark upon.

"It takes over 25 hours to complete the main stories in Batman: Arkham City. To keep players engaged for this length of time, not only do the characters and the story need to progress, but the core mechanics of the game they are playing need to change and adapt as well", said Rocksteady's Sefton Hill. "The side missions in Batman: Arkham City are a good example. We have around 15 hours of story that's off the main path."
So, a whole 40 hours of beautiful Bats action to indulge in? Bring it on. Batman: Arkham City is set to swoop in on October 18th, 2011 and October 21st, 2011.

Olympus
May 18th, 2011, 10:06 PM
If the game has relatively the same mechanics as the first one, that just seems too long for me. It seems like that style of game settles in best at around 15-20 hours. But if they add more character development, abilities, and gameplay mechanics, I think it would be great.

mr sabu
May 24th, 2011, 12:15 AM
i want more investigations ( i know theres tracing bullets) more of that stuff mixed in would be awesome

An article in Australia's Sunday Herald has revealed that The Penguin will be the latest addition to Batman: Arkham City's menagerie of villains, after one of the game's early trailers hinted that Oswald Cobblepot would be in the game by showing the super villain's Iceberg Lounge nightclub.
Talking to the publication, Rocksteady's Dax Ginn explained that the studio will put a different spin on The Penguin making him more reprehensible than ever before: "The way that Penguin has always been portrayed is as quite an aristocratic, well-spoken gentleman who's got these twisted delusions of grandeur" said Ginn. "So we've made him a really horrible, nasty piece of work - but still with the delusion of grandeur. He dresses well, but in a poor taste, and we've made him this brutish, brutal guy but also keyed into the collection fascination that he's had through out the years."
Apparently, you'll encounter The Penguin after solving one of The Riddler's many puzzles, facing his evil minions who obviously have orders to kill Batman. "Penguin's faction is much more about the collection that he has within his museum of all sorts of things but one of those things he collects is heavily artillery," noted Ginn. "So when you come up against his thugs in the street they are all going to have seriously heavy weapons and that develops throughout the game as well."
Ginn also went on to describe Catwoman, revealing "The attitude of this Selena Kyle is closer to that of the late, great Eartha Kitt from the cult 60s TV show: strong, confident, sexy and independent."

Derek
May 24th, 2011, 9:41 AM
Eartha Kitt was the best Catwoman. Sign me up.

Fanny
May 29th, 2011, 6:29 PM
why is it not October bloody yet? :(

Bill Casey
May 29th, 2011, 9:01 PM

Some physics bullshit...

mr sabu
May 29th, 2011, 10:33 PM

theres always crynogenic freezing.

or be the first to invent the time machine then travel into the future get the game bring it back make us jelous that your playing it then permently trademark the time machine so there can be another one can't be built

Fanny
May 29th, 2011, 10:44 PM
mr sabu's answer is better, I'm doing that :yes:

Doctor Who
May 30th, 2011, 3:18 AM
Just seen the pic of catwoman and her costume...

What the he'll are you comic book nerds on, I mean it's just a nipple slip away from slash fiction! And you lot wonder why people take the piss out of comic book readers.

I mean is free basic porn to hard for you to find!

How is the suit even practical? In fights how does she stop from popping out?

mr sabu
May 30th, 2011, 3:32 AM
dude you have a tardis you'll probly keep skipping back to the slip and bat off

Bert
May 30th, 2011, 4:26 AM
This comes out the week before my birthday. :D

I didn't know it had a set release date til Fanny said October.

Hopefully it will have the same system requirements as the first game so my PC won't have problems playing it.

Rip
June 1st, 2011, 4:44 AM

Can't be, haven't had my birthday yet.

mr sabu
June 2nd, 2011, 1:33 AM
YouTube - ‪Batman Arkham City - Catwoman Trailer | Gamer Reaction‬‏

If wearing the do-gooder cape and cowl of The Dark Knight starts to wear a little thin, then you'll be able to take up the claws and whip of Catwoman in Batman: Arkham City reveals an updated preview over on GameSpot (http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6316489/batman-arkham-city-updated-hands-on-preview?tag=topslot;title;1). You'll only jump into the skintight catsuit for a brief part of the overall story, but Rocksteady has revealed that Selina Kyle will have her own mini progression path with her own moves, upgrades and so on.
Catwoman's section will in fact make up around ten percent of the narrative, but fighting as her will provide a welcome break from Bats, as Kyle is more fluid, graceful and agile than the caped crusader. For instance, she can knee slide under low obstacles and has her own set of gadgets and projectiles that she can hurl at Arkham's psychotic denizens.
To take a first look at Catwoman in action, check out the new trailer and then look forward to getting your claws into Batman: Arkham City on October 2011.

Bill Casey
June 2nd, 2011, 2:46 AM
That makes me wonder if there's a portion of the game where you play as Catwoman...

mr sabu
June 2nd, 2011, 2:55 AM
there was :( i just forgot to copy/paste

Fanny
June 2nd, 2011, 3:57 AM
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

mr sabu
June 2nd, 2011, 1:51 PM
this were just released so unlike the catwomen info i didn't forget to post

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/screenshots/1294/med_105_cw_evade.jpg

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/screenshots/1294/med_132_combat%20Resized.jpg

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/screenshots/1294/med_126_predator.jpg

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/screenshots/1294/med_bac_screen_096.jpg

Guy
June 2nd, 2011, 6:13 PM
http://uk.kotaku.com/5807098/check-out-these-batman-arkham-city-batarang-controllers

Batman: Arkham City is getting its own LED-lit, bat-logoed controller, Power-A tells Kotaku.

The officially licensed Batman: Arkham City controllers for the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 include LED illumination effects with the ability to switch between seven built-in colors, dual rumble motors and soft-touch grips. The center bat buttons (from left to right) are: back, LED color select and start.

The PS3 version also includes motion sensing technology, an internal rechargeable battery, a Batman-themed USB RF received and 6-foot USB charging cable. The Xbox 360 version also includes an Xbox Guide button, and a 9.8-foot cable. The four lights on the left side of the controller shows the remaining battery charge, the four lights on the right show which channel the controller is using. The bat buttons (from left to right) are: battery charge indicator on and off, select, controller on and off, start and LED color select.

The controllers will be on display over at Power-A's E3 booth (West Hall, 5522) if you want to check them out.

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/05/medium_power_a_batarang_controller_for_ps3-_dark.jpghttp://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/05/medium_power_a_batarang_controller_for_xbox_360_-_dark.jpg

Guy
June 2nd, 2011, 6:14 PM
I find it interesting that they kept the 360 design for the PS3 controller.

Bill Casey
June 2nd, 2011, 6:58 PM
He then added, "The controllers were designed by Joel Schumacher"

The Doc
June 2nd, 2011, 7:11 PM
Just seen the pic of catwoman and her costume...

What the he'll are you comic book nerds on, I mean it's just a nipple slip away from slash fiction! And you lot wonder why people take the piss out of comic book readers.

I mean is free basic porn to hard for you to find!

How is the suit even practical? In fights how does she stop from popping out?

WWE has proven that women's clothing (as long as you remember your tape and glue) will stay on no matter how many flippy dos you do. People take the piss out of comic readers for the same reason they do animation fans in general. Once you get past the age of 12 it's unnaccceptable to watch anything that isn't live action. It's stupid but with a few acceptions (raunchy humor toons. The Simpsons was racy 20 years ago) but that's it. It's stupid but that's how we roll in the US.

this were just released so unlike the catwomen info i didn't forget to post

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/screenshots/1294/med_126_predator.jpg

It's about to suck to be that guy.

Bill Casey
June 2nd, 2011, 7:28 PM
there was :( i just forgot to copy/paste
Awesome...
Playable Catwoman...
This calls for a song...

Eartha Kitt - I Want To Be Evil

Fanny
June 3rd, 2011, 2:19 AM
the Xbox controller isn't wireless? :wtf:

Guy
June 3rd, 2011, 6:29 AM
I believe Xbox have a patent on wireless controllers for their system

Jez
June 3rd, 2011, 7:29 AM
It's something to do with having to pay hefty licensing fees to use their wireless frequency. The first Rock band instruments were wired for that very reason. Most third party manufacturers don't think it worth their while and just make wired ones.

Bill Casey
June 14th, 2011, 1:21 AM
Best Buy has confirmed Robin as playable DLC in two challenge maps...
Oh, and...

http://i.neoseeker.com/n/7/batmanarkhamcity_129_riddler154.jpg

Guy
June 14th, 2011, 8:56 AM
I'm actually totally fine with inclusion of Robin.

I don't hate him as much as most seem to, as long as he's done correctly.

mr sabu
June 14th, 2011, 9:01 AM
just hope he isn't an exclusive to a consol

Guy
June 14th, 2011, 9:11 AM
Yea that was awful with The Joker last time.

Also this:
YouTube - ‪EVERYBODY WALK THE DINOSAUR‬‏