PDA

View Full Version : Community

Jimmy Zero
September 29th, 2009, 12:05 AM
Did a search, nothing came up.

New show starring Joel McHale of E!'s The Soup. I think the guy is hilarious, and pretty much one of the only two things worth watching the E! channel for.

It's a show about a lawyer who has to go to community college because his degree was revoked.

First two episodes were damn funny. The black kid who just keeps making fun of Chevy Chase is awesome.

Anyone else see it? I think this one has potential.

IB
September 30th, 2009, 2:46 PM
Watched it. Liked it enough I guess. 2 notes:

1. I can see this one being cancelled as it is drawing little buzz....

2. Chevy looks damn old and that's a shame.

Morrison
September 30th, 2009, 9:09 PM
2. Chevy looks damn old and that's a shame.

he's 65, he should look old. it's not a shame, it's life.

Pipkin
September 30th, 2009, 9:37 PM
I missed the first episode, but enjoyed the second.

And out of curiosity, what is the other thing worth watching E! for, because I can't think of anything else offhand.

Jimmy Zero
October 1st, 2009, 12:02 AM
I love Chelsea Handler.

Pipkin
October 1st, 2009, 12:22 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot about her.

I'd say that's a good call then. There are two shows worth watching E! for.

Vice
May 8th, 2010, 3:44 AM
What a good show this is. There were a couple of decent at best episodes towards the beginning of the season, but I've been loving this show for the past few months now. The most recent episode is fucking brilliant.

Still watch this, Jimmy? Anyone else?

Mr_Nobody
May 8th, 2010, 6:57 AM
When I saw the previews for this originally, it didn't interest me at all. It didn't help that, outside of Scrubs, I haven't really enjoyed sitcoms since I was a kid. However, then I started watching The Middle, simply because it had The Janitor on it, and started liking it. Then started watching Modern Family because it followed The Middle and fell in love with that. I had a friend kept telling me to watch Community, but it's always on when I can't watch it or record it on my DVR as there are other things being recorded at the time. But then Comcast started putting it on their On Demand, and I watched it...and haven't missed an episode since. Great show, and I would actually probably say I enjoy it more than both The Middle and Modern Family, but it really is a toss-up, as all three are great sitcoms.

Simon
May 8th, 2010, 7:19 AM
Does this improve then? The first series was shit IMO.

ACS
May 8th, 2010, 2:29 PM
I thought it was pretty damn funny myself. Better that I thought it would be.

Pipkin
May 8th, 2010, 2:59 PM
The paintball episode was excellent, and the show as a whole has really developed into a very good watch every week. The characters have shifted and are more interesting across the board than early in its run. So yeah, Vice is pretty much right on, but what else is new?

Bert
August 16th, 2010, 4:59 PM
http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/08/community_creator_dan_harmon_o_1.html

It comes back September 23rd, by the way.

Bert
September 23rd, 2010, 9:53 PM
Wow that was awesome, I forgot how much I loved this show. :lol:

Deewun
September 24th, 2010, 1:06 AM
Man I love this show. Awesome to see a thread for it. A fun episode tonight, though I'm looking forward to Chang joining the study group probably a lot more than necessary. And Annie ... oh my god ... that was painful.

Bert
October 1st, 2010, 5:54 PM
"All I heard was suck." From the way it was said I get that it was probably a joke but that's all I heard too. :dunno:

:drool:

Deewun
October 1st, 2010, 11:29 PM
Man, Drew Carey was fucking thin. Jeez.

Bert
October 11th, 2010, 7:39 PM
YouTube - Abed Delivers a Child on Community

Wow, I didn't even notice. :$

Aussie_Outlaw
October 11th, 2010, 8:19 PM
He's also in the background of the Cafeteria earlier in the episode talking to other people.

KsEdge
October 11th, 2010, 8:34 PM
Good lord, I totally missed him in the background the entire time...

I clearly need to pay more attention!

Great show though, as someone said earlier last season's paintball episode was brilliant, and one of the highlights of this season so far has to be Betty White's multi-tool tribal weapon and trying to choke out Joel McHale. Absolutely hilarious :lol:

Aussie_Outlaw
October 11th, 2010, 8:51 PM
Here he is: Abed's background plot

YouTube - Abed Delivers a Child on Community

Vice
October 31st, 2010, 2:39 AM
Fucking hell this past episode was amazing. I didn't think they could beat the paintball episode, but I do believe this one takes the cake. So many fantastic lines in this.

RICH. THE CAT. "Hello, zombie Annie. What big fists you have... IN YOUR FACE! *BLOP!*"

So good. Cannot say enough about this episode.

Deewun
October 31st, 2010, 2:45 AM
It really was awesome. I felt the beginning of this season they didn't quite remember how the show was supposed to feel, but between this one and the last one (as a filmmaker, I loved Abed's film, and as a Christian, that connected the storyline to me even more, which was cool) they really are hitting them out of the park. Plus, come on, Chang and Shirley? Who saw that coming?

grimshaw
October 31st, 2010, 8:21 AM
This show is really improving. It's reached a nice point where I don't care that it's up it's own arse and constantly over-referencing (in part because I'm the direct target of every reference).

Halloween episode was really super. Some characters I could do without (I don't care for Chang or for Brita) but as an ensemble it really works.

I love you.
I know.

EDIT: I'm not saying this show was ever bad. I think it's improving from good to great...

Dream-Evil
October 31st, 2010, 10:27 AM
Ahahaha. The Abba throughout the episode. Troy dominated that episode ''I don't know why I thought this would work." I'm the only one out of my circle of friends who thinks this episode beats the paintball episode. They're mad.

Pipkin
October 31st, 2010, 1:33 PM
I don't think it's as good at the paintball episode, but there were really terrific moments, and I'd say it was close.

Pablo Diablo
November 11th, 2010, 9:27 PM
Good set of episodes again. Love the appearance of Annie's Boobs.

Bert
November 12th, 2010, 1:19 AM
I need gifs of Annie's boobs from this episode. I already have the other ones. :shifty:

Deewun
November 12th, 2010, 2:09 AM
The "bottle episode" reality breaking jokes got a little heavy, but I do love a good bottle episode, and this one was done very well. Plus, partially naked everyone. I think we all win when it comes to that.

Aussie_Outlaw
November 12th, 2010, 9:18 AM
Plus you can actually see the monkey steal the pen in the frame where Troy says "I want to lick it". And Robocop-Abed from last week had mappings of the girl's. (And now we know what that means)

Aussie_Outlaw
November 12th, 2010, 9:25 AM
I need gifs of Annie's boobs from this episode. I already have the other ones. :shifty:

Here you go.
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/6360/anniem.png

Ohhhh, that's not what you meant?

Bert
November 12th, 2010, 2:20 PM
:shakefist:

Miotch
November 12th, 2010, 7:57 PM
http://cdn.wg.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/1289530979537.gif

KorruptJustice
December 31st, 2010, 2:50 AM
I just started watching this through Netflix after having a friend hype it up to me for awhile now, and I'm absolutely loving it. I usually only watch 1 or 2 episodes a day of whatever show I'm going through, but I went through the first 3 discs of the season in a couple of days, and am eagerly awaiting the fourth disc. And from what my friend said and reading in here, the show keeps getting better.

The only episode I didn't really care for was the Jack Black one, as I've never really been a fan of his, but even that one had some pretty good laughs in it. I'd like to see more John Oliver in it, but it's understandable given his work on The Daily Show. The cast as a whole is great together, and has awesome chemistry with each other, especially Troy and Abed.

Also, completely unrelated to the quality of the show, but Annie...:drool:

I rarely keep up to date with shows anymore, usually just waiting to pick them up on DVD, but I enjoy this one enough that I'm going to try to get caught up and then watch it every week.

Stringer Bell
March 29th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Downloaded the first season.. loving it so far

Dream-Evil
May 6th, 2011, 12:27 AM
Excellent. Paintball Mach II. Need a gif of Annie running down the hallway.

Bert
May 6th, 2011, 12:46 AM
Wow, that was a great episode. Better than the first one even.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17789279/king%20of%20clubs.gif

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17789279/annie%20ace%20of%20hearts%20gun%20twirl.gif

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17789279/annie%20running.gif
Here it is in 2 parts.

part 1:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17789279/annie%20running%201.gif
part 2:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17789279/annie%20running%202.gif

:heart:

Bert
May 6th, 2011, 12:47 AM
Excellent. Paintball Mach II. Need a gif of Annie running down the hallway.

I didn't even see anyone else had posted here. I made the gifs for myself. :cool:

Aussie_Outlaw
May 6th, 2011, 1:12 AM
I found it a little odd they didn't dress Britta up as well (hell she was barely in the episode). Annie looked fantastic as usual, but they usually have Britta looking good... just in a different style.

And surely everyone picked up on the fact their card names were the cards they voted with.

Dream-Evil
May 6th, 2011, 1:29 AM
Ahahaha. I love Troy's reveal from the bin a'la Annie from the first paintball ep, and his card. Donald Glover is hilarious.

Deewun
May 6th, 2011, 8:51 AM
I was not ecstatic about them rehashing the paintball episode from last season. Man oh man, am I glad that I'm just a stupid botard about that, because this episode was awesome. From all the film references, to the way it was just put together, to the fantastic writing, to the Annie focus, to Josh Holloway. Man. Absolutely loved this episode, and I cannot wait for the second part!

chotliwala
May 6th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Heard really good things about this so decided to watch now that I'm unemployed. Holy shit. Fucking love Troy and Abed and their relationship. Probably my favorite part of the entire show. And I really hope that paintball becomes a yearly thing.

Beer-Belly
May 6th, 2011, 3:20 PM
Alison Brie is the hottest woman on television. Be still, my throbbing boner.

Bert
May 8th, 2011, 2:01 AM
YouTube - Jeff & Britta | 500 days

Fantastic.

Aussie_Outlaw
May 26th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Guess who had a bit part in cougar town the other night.

YouTube - ‪Community's Danny Pudi (Abed) on Cougar Town (2.21-21)‬‏

Headwires
July 15th, 2011, 4:14 PM
You can all thank me later...

http://www.gq.com/images/women/2011/08/community-girls/community-gillian-jacobs-alison-brie_628.jpg

KorruptJustice
July 16th, 2011, 1:04 AM
I'll thank you right now...but there's, uh...something...I need to go do first. :shifty:

Pablo Diablo
July 16th, 2011, 1:28 AM
Don't forget the behind the scenes video

http://www.gq.com/video/videos/alison-brie-gillian-jacobs-community-gq-lesbian-video

Yeah that link name kind of overstates things.

Bert
July 16th, 2011, 7:57 PM
You can all thank me later...

http://www.gq.com/images/women/2011/08/community-girls/community-gillian-jacobs-alison-brie_628.jpg

If you're thanking this guy I expect blowjobs for my contributions.

NSFW:

http://i.imgur.com/w0Ypy.gif
http://i.imgur.com/FDCdi.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/guisa.jpg

eldanielfire
July 17th, 2011, 4:13 PM
Alison Brie is the hottest woman on television. Be still, my throbbing boner.

I agree.

jpowers_55
July 20th, 2011, 6:19 AM
I knew Annie was a bottom bitch. LOL

KorruptJustice
July 26th, 2011, 9:41 PM
Michael Kenneth Williams (Omar from The Wire) is supposed to be a guest star in the upcoming season. :hyper:

Simon
July 27th, 2011, 12:37 PM
I'm in the middle of giving this another chance at the moment, the first series didn't grip me at all. I don't even know why, usually I love this sort of broad, cartoony stuff. I think it's cos the main guy is shite. On the plus side, I like that it is self-referential without going up its own arse - and on the odd occasion that it DOES go up its own arse, it's aware of THAT as well. Meta-meta-comedy.

Simon
July 29th, 2011, 8:56 AM
I just watched the trampoline/bitches episode and it was fantastic. However the zombies one before it was terrible.

Dream-Evil
July 30th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Really? Behind the paintball episodes and the Dungeons and Dragons episode, thats my favourite.

Simon
July 30th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Sounds like you're probably a fantasy geek. My imagination doesn't stretch that far so I hate the sort of shit.

Pablo Diablo
July 30th, 2011, 1:06 PM
An episode I watched the other day that is one of my favourites as well as the one's Smell It? mentioned was the one where they had all the flashbacks. It was near the end of the season.

I just love how this show just takes tropes to the extreme and I think that one was the best.

Especially one of my favourite bits:
Video underneath
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPzrtGWYE_4

That was made better when I found out they were doing a homage to a fan made video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsBvqDwVqwc&feature=fvwrel

Bert
August 16th, 2011, 11:55 PM
Community's Freaks and Geeks - YouTube

:headbang:

Deewun
August 16th, 2011, 11:59 PM
Great video! I cannot wait for Season 3!!!1!!111

Bert
September 17th, 2011, 4:52 AM
http://i.imgur.com/jjBmy.jpg

Deewun
September 17th, 2011, 8:15 AM

Season 3 is looking good. I got the Season 2 DVD last week, and have been delving into it continually in anticipation.

KorruptJustice
September 17th, 2011, 2:30 PM

Season 3 is looking good. I got the Season 2 DVD last week, and have been delving into it continually in anticipation.

Same here. I've actually gone through both of the first two seasons in the past couple of weeks to get ready for the third one. Really interested in seeing how they handle Chevy at the beginning of this season.

Also, that picture of Alison Brie...:drool:

Stringer Bell
September 27th, 2011, 1:01 PM
Omar :panic::panic:

I was half way expecting a subtle reference to The Wire, especially with Abed's TV/film obsession.

So glad this is back.

Chris Dolmeth
September 27th, 2011, 1:11 PM
Adding Omar is one of the best things this show has done. I love that guy.

Deewun
September 27th, 2011, 1:26 PM
Loved the first episode, and I cannot wait for more. Easily my favorite television show on right now, though when Walking Dead comes back there will more than likely be a tie.

KorruptJustice
September 28th, 2011, 12:14 AM
I thought the first episode of this year was only okay, but I think it did a lot to set-up and show the potential for the rest of the year. The additions of Omar and John Goodman are great; can't wait to see what they do the rest of the season.

Also, I loved Chang becoming a security guard at the end of the episode. I really think his character works better as someone with power over the group, and I hope his new position of authority brings his character closer to what he was in the first season, instead of the second season where I thought he was a pretty poor character outside of one or two scenes.

Stringer Bell
September 28th, 2011, 12:22 AM
Chang should have lived in the vents for the entire season.

KorruptJustice
September 28th, 2011, 1:10 AM
That would have been acceptable as well.

Bert
November 14th, 2011, 8:54 PM
http://www.tv.com/news/nbc-announces-its-midseason-schedule-pulls-community-for-a-short-time-27163/?tag=hotspot;gumball;1

NBC has announced its midseason schedule, and I hope you like being angry, because it's full of all sorts of buffoonery. First and foremost (and most personal to me), Community has been *sigh* pulled from the network's lineup to make room for the return of 30 Rock.

The official word from NBC is that Community is "on the bench for a short time," meaning that it hasn't been canceled, but its renewal prospects don't look too good either. The likeliest scenario is that Community will return in the spring after one of the network's other comedies wraps its season, but even then, it might be hard to find a slot for the show. Ugh. I want to cry. There are reports that all 22 episodes of Community will be produced and make it to air, but that's precisely the type of thing NBC would say no matter what. Maybe it will burned off in the summer, maybe it will be late spring. Hopefully it will be somewhere. As much as I'd like to bonk NBC over the head for this, Community's ratings just weren't that great despite critical acclaim and positive word-of-mouth.

:(

:nono:

:cry:

:sadwave:

Deewun
November 14th, 2011, 8:56 PM

:cry:

Cewsh
November 14th, 2011, 9:24 PM
Yeah, I was wondering when that would finally happen. Amazed they let it go this long, really.

Chris Dolmeth
November 14th, 2011, 9:27 PM
It has been kinda running on fumes as of late. But for 30 Rock? Shit. That show has sucked for awhile now.

Bert
November 14th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Yeah, I was wondering when that would finally happen. Amazed they let it go this long, really.

It has been kinda running on fumes as of late. But for 30 Rock? Shit. That show has sucked for awhile now.

The last 2 or 3 episodes were amazing.

Chris Dolmeth
November 14th, 2011, 10:50 PM
What about the shit ones before the couple of decent ones, El Berto?

Cewsh
November 14th, 2011, 10:53 PM
The last 2 or 3 episodes were amazing.

I wouldn't know about the quality. I was just referring to the ratings.

grimshaw
November 14th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Last couple of episodes have been a bit bad if I'm honest. At least by the standard the show has set.

Pipkin
November 15th, 2011, 1:47 AM
There's nothing wrong with 30 Rock. It's gone downhill compared to the early seasons, but it isn't even close to sucking. The problem is that NBC has stuff like "Whitney" on air.

Community should film several more paintball episodes and air one a year for the next few years. Keep the tradition alive!

Chris Dolmeth
November 15th, 2011, 1:50 AM
I dunno, I loved the first couple seasons but it's not good to me anymore.

The Comet Kid
November 17th, 2011, 4:17 PM
It can't knock it out of the park every week, but theres been some great stuff again this season.

Can't believe Whitney might be around and not community.

Pablo Diablo
November 17th, 2011, 4:36 PM
Yeah I'm sorry, that is just ridiculous. It may not always be great, but its highs are amazing. I suppose it's not everyone's type of humor though as shown through the ratings.

Brian M.
November 17th, 2011, 4:56 PM
I think if you switched Community and Whitney timeslot wise, it would be Whitney getting the shitty ratings. Hell, it's ratings aren't even that good right now and it airs right after the Office. Meanwhile Community goes against Big Bang Theory and X Factor. Not exactly an easy task. I bet Whitney tanks on the move to Wednesday.

Bert
November 19th, 2011, 3:55 PM
http://www.tv.com/news/abc-leaves-cougar-town-off-its-midseason-schedule-27211/?tag=hotspot;gumball;1

In the wake of NBC's restructuring of its midseason schedule—which included a a death sentence for Prime Suspect, the benching of Community, and the exclusion of highly anticipated drama Awake—ABC has announced its own midseason lineup, which contains a few surprises of its own. No Cougar Town, no Scandal, no Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23. So... first Community's Abed gets kicked off the midseason schedule, and then his favorite show (Cougar Town) does too? I smell a conspiracy.

C O N spiracy.

Bert
December 8th, 2011, 5:17 AM
College Humor - Community: Save Greendale (with the cast of Community) - YouTube

BBF
December 8th, 2011, 2:51 PM
Troy and Abed's Christmas Rap (http://www.nbc.com/community/video/troy-and-abed-rap-christmas-infiltration/1372231/)

Bert
December 8th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Fantastic episode.

http://i.imgur.com/daRjF.gif

Pablo Diablo
December 8th, 2011, 11:13 PM
It really was a great song...yes just the song is all I enjoyed.

Bert
December 8th, 2011, 11:24 PM
I want a 320kbps version of the Christmas Rap. :(

I hope they release mp3 downloads or a physical CD or something.

chotliwala
December 9th, 2011, 1:50 AM
Troy and Abed need a god damned spin off.

FollowTheThreeEyes
December 9th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Troy and Abed need a god damned spin off.

Annie's boobs need a god damned spin off.

BBF
December 9th, 2011, 3:55 PM
Annie :drool:

Simon
December 9th, 2011, 3:56 PM
Community and Childish Gambino are absolutely shit but I saw some 20 minute special of Donald Glover's stand-up today (HBO I guess?) and it was pretty good :yes:

BBF
December 9th, 2011, 3:58 PM
This is the one of the few things that I disagree with you on. Both CG and Community are brilliant. Will have to see his stand up though.

Bert
December 9th, 2011, 7:40 PM
Community and Childish Gambino are absolutely shit

Not the least bit truthful.

but I saw some 20 minute special of Donald Glover's stand-up today (HBO I guess?) and it was pretty good :yes:

Comedy Central.

Cewsh
December 9th, 2011, 7:54 PM
Childish Gambino is really, really very good.

Pipkin
January 7th, 2012, 5:35 PM
This is from IGN about the future of Community.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/121/1215950p1.html

From NBC President Robert Greenblatt:

Community has not been cancelled. it will definitely be back this spring

:yes:

Bert
January 7th, 2012, 5:58 PM
Great news. :hyper:

Pipkin
January 7th, 2012, 6:04 PM
It looks like this Spring will just be the rest of season 3, but hopefully a new timeslot might lead to better ratings and a fourth season.

grimshaw
January 8th, 2012, 5:59 AM
Maybe a little kick up the arse like this will entice them to put a bit more effort in and get back to the top of their game.

Bert
January 8th, 2012, 6:10 AM
Community needs more Glover/Pudi raps.

Bert
February 9th, 2012, 10:36 PM
http://i.imgur.com/YKZDr.jpg

Donald Glover "Save Community" PSA - YouTube

BBF
February 21st, 2012, 5:26 PM
ITS COMING BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!

Vice
February 21st, 2012, 5:44 PM
SIX SEASONS AND A MOOOOVIEEEEE.

BBF
February 21st, 2012, 5:46 PM
TROY AND ABED BACK ON TTTTTTTTTTV

Bert
February 21st, 2012, 5:54 PM
Community will return on Thursday, March 15. Then 30 Rock shifts to 8:30 p.m., followed by The Office and Up All Night. Parks & Recreation will come back on April 19 to finish its run after Up All Night concludes its 24 episodes.

:hyper:

Bert
March 8th, 2012, 3:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrhmhjGLRHU

:hyper:

Vice
March 8th, 2012, 12:04 PM
EPIC

Bert
March 28th, 2012, 3:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xydU-iX_vy0

Like assassins and Gambino I'll make hits my business. :heart:

Pablo Diablo
April 27th, 2012, 11:49 AM
A man's gotta have a code.

I personally think this show has been knocking them out of the park the last 3 episodes. God it better be renewed.

grimshaw
April 29th, 2012, 1:55 PM
too many parodies

Pete Cash
May 4th, 2012, 2:16 AM
the last few episodes have been amazing

Bert
May 4th, 2012, 3:03 AM
They have. I'm wondering where they go from here. 1 episode the 10th and then 3 the 17th left.

Bert
May 10th, 2012, 9:18 PM
NBC has made the decision to renew Community for a fourth season, according to multiple reports, but it comes with a catch: only 13 episodes.

:panic: :hyper: :panic: :hyper: :panic: :hyper: :panic: :hyper:

Pablo Diablo
May 10th, 2012, 9:41 PM
That is pretty good news. Another very good episode today.

"No. i want to see how they will react when I remove one of their pens."

Bert
May 25th, 2012, 3:44 AM
http://gawker.com/5913236/alison-brie-discusses-her-clothing-optional-college-on-conan

There's gotta be pics of Alison naked somewhere. WE MUST FIND THEM.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/leaked-memo-dan-harmon-community-studio-talking-points-nbc-328815

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13mDq8i8reA

Bert
June 15th, 2012, 1:53 AM
http://www.tv.com/news/nbc-announces-its-fall-premiere-dates-starting-in-august-28890/

However, not all of NBC's programming is getting a head start, so let's get the bad news out of the way first: Community will premiere later than literally every other show on the network, new or old, and won't return until October 19.

The only thing that could cheer me up now is pics of Alison Brie naked. Anyone?

TimeSplitter
June 15th, 2012, 2:15 AM
30 rock was/is notorious for debuting in the middle of october, so it might not be a bad thing...

Morrison
June 15th, 2012, 6:14 AM
finally polished off the last season a few weeks ago, the day after the finale(s) aired. i miss having new episodes to watch, tremendously. more than any show i'm a fan of, probably. complete brilliance, all around.

Bert
October 19th, 2012, 5:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LV7M_WeGX8

Bert
November 9th, 2012, 3:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnPlHvXIJPs

:rofl:

Also, Community is back February 7th.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
November 9th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Just got into this recently, heard about it ages ago. Got through Season 1 in about 3 days... Love it.

Bert
January 20th, 2013, 3:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0Gf7ug6BkE

Tainted Eclipse
January 22nd, 2013, 12:21 AM
honestly i liked the more traditional 'sit-comy' episodes of this show more than their meta postmodern genre parody blah blah etc stuff. not that those arent good, they usually are (the d&d episode was my favorite of the seires), but stuff like the paint ball episodes and the chicken nuggets, which everyone seems to cite as the best of the show, i didnt really care for.

McBain
January 22nd, 2013, 2:01 AM
I'm inclined to agree with you. My friend showed me the paintball one as my first episode and it left me cold. Then watched it from the start and loved it.

Then was turned off mildly when they started turning it into some kind of variety show with singing and ultra-campness and whatnot.

Will probably return to it at some point but it's definitely lost some of its early appeal for me.

Dream-Evil
February 3rd, 2013, 3:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jJm9kJn1ds

Not long now :hyper:

Bert
February 7th, 2013, 12:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSaZd-AUzRc

Wow.

Mr_Nobody
February 8th, 2013, 7:09 AM
Was it just me or was last night's episode just not good?

Gary J
February 8th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Wasn't just you.

Vice
February 8th, 2013, 3:36 PM
It COULD have been good. You can definitely tell it's still "Community", but the majority of the jokes were juuuuuuuuuuust a bit off. To compare it to wrestling, the jokes had tons of potential and some started off great, but then there was a quick roll-up out of nowhere that seemed very out of place, or there was a horribly overbooked finish, or some completely random outside interference caused a DQ, or the wrong guy went over, or.. anything that leaves you saying "if they had done ____ instead of _____ at the end, it would have been tremendous".

It was like an entire episode of near misses. I'm going to watch it again in a few minutes to see if my opinion changes. I'm almost always very harsh and critical when it comes to season premieres, and with all the drama and regime change, there's no way I wasn't microscoping the shit out of it last night, whether I wanted to or not.

Gary J
February 8th, 2013, 4:41 PM
Yeah i might give another view i may have expecting too much as i love the show and didn't like having to wait as long as we did.

Vice
February 8th, 2013, 5:00 PM
I thought it was much better the second time around. Still far from Community's usual amazingness, but this season has potential at the very least. I imagine the first few episodes will be a bit clunky and disjointed, but after that it should be a lot smoother.

Mr_Nobody
February 8th, 2013, 5:47 PM
It COULD have been good. You can definitely tell it's still "Community", but the majority of the jokes were juuuuuuuuuuust a bit off. To compare it to wrestling, the jokes had tons of potential and some started off great, but then there was a quick roll-up out of nowhere that seemed very out of place, or there was a horribly overbooked finish, or some completely random outside interference caused a DQ, or the wrong guy went over, or.. anything that leaves you saying "if they had done ____ instead of _____ at the end, it would have been tremendous".

It was like an entire episode of near misses. I'm going to watch it again in a few minutes to see if my opinion changes. I'm almost always very harsh and critical when it comes to season premieres, and with all the drama and regime change, there's no way I wasn't microscoping the shit out of it last night, whether I wanted to or not.

This might be one of the greatest analogies I've ever read.

And at the same time, I understand everything you were saying.

virms
February 8th, 2013, 11:06 PM
Isnt that why it is a great analogy?

Bert
February 8th, 2013, 11:51 PM
It would have been quicker to say "last night was like TNA booking."

Bert
March 8th, 2013, 2:09 AM
I barely pay attention to this show anymore. It's all spoofs and no subtlety. This makes me sad. I'll keep watching because I'm sure now that this will be the last season but this sucks.

Pipkin
March 8th, 2013, 2:58 AM
I'm really struggling to enjoy this season on any meaningful level. There are a few chuckles here and there, but I feel like the stories and concepts are largely failing.

Dream-Evil
April 16th, 2013, 1:22 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2RlDJMLIBuE#!

Didn't know where else to put this. We need more Brie in our lives.

Bert
April 16th, 2013, 1:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNF46v3PxMs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wrI2EsVnnE

Mr_Nobody
April 16th, 2013, 9:04 PM
This season has been hit or miss with episodes so far, but I must admit, I finally got around to watching the puppet episode from last week, which was preempted due to bad weather in the area, and it was extremely funny. You really get the feeling that Chevy Chase was just here this season, and they basically just stuck him in a few episodes for a short period of time without really giving much thought about what he did.

Vice
April 16th, 2013, 9:17 PM
I'm also very mixed about this season. It started off with three episodes of a show that was pretending to be Community, and doing a bad job. I was glad this was the final season. Then it started feeling more like the real Community in many ways, just minus the humor. I was very glad this was a short season. Then something crazy happened, and I feel like the past few episodes have actually been pretty good for the most part. Still not there by a fairly decent margin, but you can tell that they've gotten their shit together at this point, and are now producing what would be the solid-but-not-great filler episodes of the first three seasons.. which I am more than ok with. Now I'm starting to wish this was a full season, because at the rate they're going, this season could actually end on a really high note that makes me want a lot more. And in that case, I'll be very sad to see this season, and the show as a whole, end.

Pablo Diablo
April 16th, 2013, 9:24 PM
This season has been hit or miss with episodes so far, but I must admit, I finally got around to watching the puppet episode from last week, which was preempted due to bad weather in the area, and it was extremely funny. You really get the feeling that Chevy Chase was just here this season, and they basically just stuck him in a few episodes for a short period of time without really giving much thought about what he did.

The puppet episode was the one episode that wasn't done production when Chase decided to leave the show. So I read. So that would explain why he wasn't at the table.

I also think that the last set of episodes have been more classic Community but not necessarily as good as it was. Would I have noticed had I not known about the behind the scenes stuff, probably not. These episodes wouldn't feel out of place in any previous season though.

Mr_Nobody
April 16th, 2013, 9:43 PM
Yeah, I honestly think he's going to be killed off, as they said he left prior to the end of the season.

And I agree, the last few episodes have been almost back to normal.

Last season I thought they went over the top with Chang, and this season they're going over the top with the Dean. I like them as smaller characters with a few things here and there, like Chang is this year.

Bert
May 10th, 2013, 9:27 PM
Community gets renewed. Whitney gets canceled. Where am I? Is this my happy place?

Atty
May 10th, 2013, 9:36 PM
Dude, I think I just filled the cup.

Pablo Diablo
June 2nd, 2013, 9:43 AM
And in better news

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/06/01/dan-harmon-says-hes-back-at-community

Sony and NBC haven't said anything official yet, but according to Dan Harmon himself, Dan Harmon is indeed back at Community. HitFix's Alan Sepinwall are among the outlets reporting that while it looks like contracts still need to be signed, it's pretty much a done deal Harmon will be returning for Season 5, a year after being let go from the series he created.

Bert
July 8th, 2013, 10:19 PM
http://www.tv.com/shows/community/community/post/how-should-community-explain-donald-glovers-reduced-airtime-next-season-137331668186/

You know what sucks? This: Donald Glover will only appear in five episodes of Community's upcoming 13-episode fifth season, according to Vulture. There've been whispers about Glover looking to reduce his role ever since the stunning Season 5 renewal was announced, and it appears that Sony TV and Glover have agreed to a middle ground between what Sony wanted (lots and lots of Troy Barnes) and what Glover wanted (adios!).

But how will Community explain Troy's obvious lack of screen time? Here are some possibilities I thought up in like 30 seconds:
1. Ummm... Troy/Donald left to become a super famous rapper, duh.
2. Troy got cornered by a gang of gnome figurines/locked in the Dreamatorium/lost in a blanket fort/stuck in an air duct while doing air-conditioning repair.
3. Three words: buttered noodle incident.
4. Epic Jehovah's Witness door-to-door pilgrimage!
5. Paralyzed due to a Levar Burton sighting.
6. He's off crying somewhere.
7. Some crazy shit Dan Harmon comes up with.
8. Wins a contest to star in the blacksploitation version of Inspector Spacetime, Inspectah Spacetizzy.
9. Troy's already had sex with Britta, what reason does he have left to stay? (Annie's not his type.)
10. Dark, depressing descent into no-no juice addiction following the death of Kickpuncher.
11. Community won't address it; the show will just pull a New Girl and replace him with another funny black guy.

He better put out another fucking album now though.

Pablo Diablo
July 8th, 2013, 11:37 PM
Well that sucks.

Atty
July 8th, 2013, 11:45 PM
He'll get Changed away by the air conditioning repair school for half the season.

Bert
December 12th, 2013, 6:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrPreTSYiwM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-3kFjFbSSE

This looks really good. A return to form.

Also, Alison Brie. :heart: :drool:

takerson
December 20th, 2013, 2:06 AM
Super hyped for this. And yes, Alison Brie is the girl of my dreams.

Bert
December 24th, 2013, 1:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1vV2LAEEQY

Bert
January 1st, 2014, 6:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OLzRQHT290

Tomorrow.

takerson
January 2nd, 2014, 4:19 PM
Tonight.

Bert
January 16th, 2014, 11:55 PM
That was one of the best episodes ever.

Childish Tycoon :cry:

One more Troy episode.

Newf
January 17th, 2014, 12:25 AM
I thought he was around for 6?

Bert
January 17th, 2014, 12:29 AM
No, 5.

Atty
January 17th, 2014, 1:32 AM
Fantastic episode.

Pablo Diablo
January 17th, 2014, 7:37 PM
That's the show that I loved. Very good episode.

Pablo Diablo
January 23rd, 2014, 10:35 PM
Goodbye Troy

McBain
January 23rd, 2014, 10:37 PM
2 original characters down now then? I've not watched this show in ages.

Bert
January 23rd, 2014, 11:45 PM

Newf
January 24th, 2014, 3:37 AM
I'm glad they brought Levar back for that. Community on Facebook tweeted out today asking for people's favourite Troy memory and the previous Levar bit was what immediately came to my mind.

Bert
January 25th, 2014, 5:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bC-pTRsu08

Blindsidemonster
January 25th, 2014, 11:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bC-pTRsu08

That was brilliant!

Newf
January 30th, 2014, 11:28 PM
'Levar Burton and non-celebrity companion captured by pirates in the Gulf of Mexico."

Bert
January 30th, 2014, 11:46 PM
It was weird without Troy but I liked it. Vice didn't.

Bert
January 31st, 2014, 7:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1yvvNvlXtg

Atty
January 31st, 2014, 11:26 PM
I've already forgotten most of last night's episode. Not a good sign.

The Rogerer
February 1st, 2014, 5:10 AM
I'm finding this a little too grim to go back to. I watched the first episode and got the feeling this really shouldn't have come back. Community is so wrapped up in its lore it forgot to be funny.

Bert
February 1st, 2014, 5:18 AM
It was meant to be a jumping off point for new fans. Just watch a few more and then draw a conclusion.

I don't think I stopped laughing during Episode 4.

Bert
May 9th, 2014, 6:42 PM
Canceled by NBC, R.I.P.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1SBtxRObBc

There's still a chance of a final season on hulu or comedy central or somewhere though.

Mr_Nobody
May 9th, 2014, 7:08 PM

Stocky
May 10th, 2014, 1:26 AM
Wouldn't they try and capitalize on Joel Mchales white house correspondence dinner thing?

Mr_Nobody
May 10th, 2014, 7:30 AM
Stocky, this is NBC, they aren't that smart...and I hate to say it, but Joel Mchale was not that good at the correspondence dinner.

Stocky
May 10th, 2014, 11:44 AM
They do appear to drop the ball a lot. I thought he did ok but it didn't flow the same way his soup work does.

The Rogerer
May 10th, 2014, 1:16 PM
Did the final episode completely annoy everyone like most other shows? I have to confess I totally gave up after the first episode of the last season.

Bert
May 10th, 2014, 2:56 PM
You should watch this one. The quality does go down when Donald leaves though.

The Rogerer
May 10th, 2014, 3:07 PM
It started getting far too far up it's own backside for my liking. Too much fanservice, in jokes and trying to make us believe on charicature sitcom characters. I never found "Troy and Abed in the morning" funny but we got to call back to it 100 times.To top it off, there was a load of cloying stuff about the importance of friendship, and me and the friend that introduced me to Community have had a strange falling out.

Stocky
May 11th, 2014, 8:28 AM
It got tough to watch in the middle there when it seemed like every week the gang was on the verge of splitting up and pierce just became evil because he is old... Also its hard not to go meta when one of your characters is a person that always points out TV tropes.

I really did enjoy this season though especially the Gi Joe episode. The guy they replaced pierce with was a great edition and I really hope this show gets picked up some where else immediately and Donald Glover is available for the whole thing.

Bert
May 28th, 2014, 11:18 PM
http://www.tv.com/shows/community/community/post/community-season-6-hulu-140132251148/

It's maybe (possibly) happening!

Hulu—the streaming-video site owned by a bunch of mega-corporations that is currently battling Netflix and Amazon (and losing)—is in talks to revive the recently canceled NBC sitcom Community, according to Deadline. Which means that yes, the show's famous #sixseasonsandamovie prophecy might come true after all.
But before you get too excited or angry or verklempt, let's get one thing out of the way right up front: Community's potential revival is just that—a potential revival. As in, all that's happening right now are discussions, and Season 6 is in no way guaranteed.
Also, of course Hulu is talking to Sony Pictures TV about saving the low-rated, beloved-by-a-passionate-few (including yours truly) cult comedy. This news should surprise no one—especially since Sony floated the idea of resurrecting the show pretty much as soon as it was axed.
Point is, we should all temper our hopes.

Bert
June 30th, 2014, 7:49 PM
http://www.eonline.com/news/555752/community-season-6-happening-at-yahoo-get-all-the-details-on-the-show-s-revival

IT'S FUCKING HAPPENING.

Version 6
June 30th, 2014, 11:20 PM
Brilliant news.

#sixseasonsandamovie

Fro
July 1st, 2014, 12:47 PM
This gets picked up while Happy Endings gets left for dead. Sigh

Gary J
July 1st, 2014, 3:16 PM
Didn't all the cast from Happy Endings get new shows as soon as it was announced it was cancelled? Which pretty much meant it was would have been a nightmare getting them out of their contracts. I remember reading that could be wrong though.

I do wish it would come back I loved Happy Endings.

Fro
July 1st, 2014, 4:03 PM
I don't know if that's accurate. It was being shopped around after ABC cancelled it but no one picked it up. Then they started booking other jobs. At this point it's gone but there was a time after cancellation when they were trying to save it just like Community

Bert
July 2nd, 2014, 12:31 AM
This gets picked up while Happy Endings gets left for dead. Sigh

Hey now buddy, I liked Happy Endings a lot but Community is great too.

Rip
January 8th, 2015, 10:25 AM
Fallen into this on Amazon, series one is some of the best stuff I can remember seeing in a while, can't work out how it's taken me so long to discover this.

Version 6
January 8th, 2015, 4:59 PM
Fallen into this on Amazon, series one is some of the best stuff I can remember seeing in a while, can't work out how it's taken me so long to discover this.

Mate, if you like the beginning of series one you are in for a treat because it really finds its voice towards the end of that season.

Series one is good, solid sitcom comedy, but towards the back end of that season they start doing the experimental/homage episodes and they are fucking grand..

Have you seen Paintball yet?

Bert
January 8th, 2015, 6:23 PM
That's the end of Season 2 so probably not.

Glad to see more people enjoying a great show (besides Season 4, although I liked a few episodes)

Simmo Fortyone
January 8th, 2015, 6:32 PM
Currently labouring through season 4. If season 5 isn't better I'm coming for all of you.

Version 6
January 8th, 2015, 6:36 PM
Season 4 ("the gas leak season") is dogshit.

There's some nice moments in there (look out for Donald Glover's Abed and Dani Pudi's Troy. Great stuff), but its a significant drop off from season 3 to season 4.

Season 5, while not quite as good as seasons 1, 2 and 3 is much much better than season 4.

Version 6
January 8th, 2015, 6:38 PM
That's the end of Season 2 so probably not.

Glad to see more people enjoying a great show (besides Season 4, although I liked a few episodes)

Ah yes, that's right. The finale to season 1 is "the dance".

Bert
January 8th, 2015, 6:49 PM
Yeah, the Freaky Friday episode and the Inspector Space Time convention episodes are the only ones I really liked and remember from Season 4.

Dan Harmon said they were on his board of episode ideas but he wasn't sure he was going to do them because they were normal sitcom plots.

Rip
January 8th, 2015, 7:14 PM
I'm at 11. Environmental Science now, tend to watch an episode while I'm soaking my knees in the jacuzzi, when the Mrs goes back to Uni I'll burn through the rest while ironing probably.

Might try Parks and Rec next .

Simmo Fortyone
January 11th, 2015, 10:40 PM
Currently labouring through season 4. If season 5 isn't better I'm coming for all of you.
:mad:

Version 6
January 11th, 2015, 11:39 PM
I stand by this.

Season 5, while not quite as good as seasons 1, 2 and 3 is much much better than season 4.

Rip
January 12th, 2015, 4:26 AM
The Dungeons and Dragons episode in season five is one of my favorites, but it so cries out for Pierce in places it also makes me sad.

Grimario
January 13th, 2015, 6:12 PM
https://screen.yahoo.com/community-cast-announces-season-6-162500604.html

Pipkin
March 19th, 2015, 12:00 AM
Has anybody watched the new episodes yet? Does it still have the magic?

I planned on watching them today, but I got caught up on Broadchurch instead.

Stocky
April 14th, 2015, 9:19 AM
Community is killing it this season. Loved every episode so far!

Pablo Diablo
June 2nd, 2015, 10:14 AM
So what were everyone's general thoughts for the season as a whole. I'd say overall it hit more than it missed.