PDA

View Full Version : True Blood

Alf
July 27th, 2009, 8:38 AM
I couldn't find a thread, I'm sure one must exist, so forgive me if this is a duplicate.

Anyway, it's HBO's series about Vampires existing in the real world, in the full knowledge and alongside, the general public. The idea being that synthetic blood called Tru Blood has been manufactured which allows Vamps to satiate their blood lust.

Chuck into the mix a girl called Sookie Stackhouse, a waitress in a diner who appears to be psychic, and it's a ruddy interesting premise.

It's into it's second season in yankville, and the first series has just started in the uk on FX... so could we be mindful of spoilers, please?

I'm currently wading my way through the first series on DVD, and I'm really enjoying it. It's really, really, really filthy. There's a shit load of aggressive bonking going on.

IB
July 27th, 2009, 8:48 AM
My friend got me started on this series a few weeks ago. I got season 1 & trying to play catch up currently. I love the show.

My friend also let me borrow the entire book collection. I haven't started it yet but I heard they are quick and easy reads....Hopefully post reviews at some point.

virms
July 27th, 2009, 11:23 AM
I am going to spoil the shit out of this for you Alf.

I like the show myself quite a bit. Why don't you just go download the first season and get caught up so we can talk about what is happening now because I don't remember the first season for shit.

Jay
July 27th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Just started watching this on FX. It's looking pretty good so far, although it's only two episodes into the first season.

FX show quite a lot of repeats, so if someone in the UK was interested in giving this a go, you could probably quite easily catch up.

BBF
July 27th, 2009, 12:01 PM
The second ep is available on Sky Anytime at the moment.

Looks pretty good.

The Rogerer
July 27th, 2009, 12:36 PM
My missus is watching the hell out of this show. All I ever see when I look is people shagging.

Canuck
July 27th, 2009, 3:26 PM
A friend of mine just suggested this show. I've watched the first episode. Not really sure what I think. I guess they had to do a bit of background story telling before things get interesting. I'm going to give it a proper chance.

major
July 27th, 2009, 3:54 PM
I love it, have since the second episode of the first season...but what the FUCK is going on in this show? Ha.

Oh and this is totally about the most recent episode of the SECOND season guys so if you are in the UK and just catching up please don't read any further.

*Disclaimer*
Spoilers contained below from last night's episode. If you have read the books or if you study the "next week on" scenes please keep your comments to yourselves. I don't look into any of that shit as I'm the kind of person who likes a story to be presented to you as the writers would want it to be, in order with the proper timing and build. Thanks.

Random thoughts:

-Jason continues to have the most interesting storyline. I really cannot wait to see him get all badass.

-Where the hell is this angle with Lafayette going?

-Eggs SEEMS like he's supposed to be intriguing, but isn't to me for some reason. He showed a sliver of potential last night only to end up in a crazy orgy scene.

-Speaking of which, the orgies in every episode. What the hell is going on with this Maryann character and her pig/shapeshifter friend and why has Sookie been the only one assaulted by her crazy claw-having ass?

-Eric is definitely the man, tons of potential for character development and loved his flashback scene from last week. Maybe I need to watch the episode again but did he purposely set up Sookie to get captured? Why?

-Very interested to see what happens when Sookie and Jason cross paths, and whether or not they'll rival later in the show or work together.

-That scene with the guy asking if Sookie has considered being turned so that she doesn't become old and unloved was fucking POWERFUL. Good stuff right there. Twilight writers take note on how to do things please.

-There was way too much sex in that episode. Just like Sookie begging to get her box banged out in like 4 different scenes last week was a little much too. I know its a sexy and racy show, but come on. The scene with Jason finally STACKHOUSING the reverend's wife was indeed epic though. Jason Stackhouse abstinent? No thanks.

-Jessica is the hottest piece of ass that show has cast so far. Hoyt is the shit, I legitimately cheer for him and his awkward yet pimperish ways. Kid is growing up before our very eyes. I could definitely see myself in his shoes falling for the young naive sexy vamp chick. Telling off his mom and then driving to Texas to see Jessica was probably the highlight of the episode for me.

-The vamp chick that "made" Bill Compton is fucking BANGING, but I really dread hearing her accent and Sookie's accent together in the same scene especially if they are fighting over their man. Ugh.

-Sam is cool, I like how they have handled him up to this point but if you look at development for everyone on the show he has definitely had the least significance with the most screen time by comparison. Aside from revealing his power not too much exciting has happened with him. They need to step that up because he is about to become borderline boring. The developments at the end of last night's ep make me think that's about to change though.

-Lastly, the flashback scenes have been very well done so far. I hope they keep this up with the different vampire characters as A.) I love period pieces so this tickles my fancy and B.) Generally I do not like flashbacks in any story but these are hundreds (or thousands) of year old characters who have the advantage of using the same actor in flashbacks due to not aging obviously. That makes a big difference. Also the intrigue of the history these characters have lived through is probably one of the most important factors of "vampire lore", seeing Bill Compton murking bitches in Chicago in the 1920s instead of drinking Tru Blood and driving his BMW was for sure awesome. Same goes for seeing Eric in action as a Viking warrior-god. I definitely want to see scenes similar to this from Godrick and the Overlord that they showed last season, as well as more glimpses into Bill and Eric's history.

Ok time to go make a sandwich and watch Entourage.

Your thoughts on whats to come/occurrences thus far?

virms
July 27th, 2009, 7:28 PM
Responses to major

-Where the hell is this angle with Lafayette going?

He is traumatized from his capture. He is basically still going to be a slave for the vampires but be able to be in the real world. It's an interesting storyline for a couple of reasons. First, you have the Gulf War vet that is suffering from the same problems so he can help Lafayette out and second, we could see some sort of twist with Lafayette helping the Fellowship of the Sun. Of course at some point him being gay will come up so that will cause further twists.

-Eggs SEEMS like he's supposed to be intriguing, but isn't to me for some reason. He showed a sliver of potential last night only to end up in a crazy orgy scene.

He is definitely an on and off character for me but I think right now he is just a background character. He needs more to be explained about his past before we get to worried about him.

-Speaking of which, the orgies in every episode. What the hell is going on with this Maryann character and her pig/shapeshifter friend and why has Sookie been the only one assaulted by her crazy claw-having ass?

Sookie isn't. Daphne was attacked to and seems to be under some sort of spell or control of Maryann. The thing that attacked Sookie seems to be some sort of Minotaur. Not sure on Maryann's power but pretty sure she is the Minotaur and possibly some sort of witch.

-Eric is definitely the man, tons of potential for character development and loved his flashback scene from last week. Maybe I need to watch the episode again but did he purposely set up Sookie to get captured? Why?

I don't think he set Sookie up to be captured. He wants Sookie for his own gain because of her ability. Eric clearly knows that the Sheriff of Dallas has been captured by The Fellowship and he will use any means to get him back.

-Very interested to see what happens when Sookie and Jason cross paths, and whether or not they'll rival later in the show or work together.

Highly doubt they will be against each other. I would imagine next weeks episode will have Eric saving her.

-Jessica is the hottest piece of ass that show has cast so far.

She is actually really beautiful for being a ginger.

Alf
July 28th, 2009, 5:08 AM
Major, learn how to use spoiler tags, it'll make it easier for you and everyone else.

Alf
July 28th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Ahahaha, fucking love this show...

"What's your game?"

"What's your score on pebble beach?"

Superb.

Alf
July 29th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Reet, I've finished watching the first series now.

I think it definately reached a peak around ep 10 and from then on slid. I think they just couldn't find a satisfying conclusion and so let a whole lot of nothing happen.

I'm going to start downloading and watching series 2 though.

Andru
July 30th, 2009, 7:32 PM
Loved Season One, but I am kind of bored with Season Two.

There is plenty of interesting things going on, but season one was so strong and this current season just isn't really doing it for me. But then again, that is how most TV goes.

After last week's episode, it looks like things are finally going to pick up and I can keep interest.

Hulkamaniac
July 31st, 2009, 9:09 AM
Watched the first episode of season 1. Looks decent.

Alf
August 3rd, 2009, 11:55 AM
Holy shit... Bill Compton is from my neck of the woods. He went to a school in essex who my school used to fight every now and then.

virms
August 3rd, 2009, 3:13 PM
Yeah, I had no idea he was English until I saw him on Conan. He is pretty good with his accents.

Canadian Devil
August 5th, 2009, 6:04 AM
Recently read somewhere that the show has been renewed for another season and i am looking really forward to seeing what they incorporate from the books into the third season. And damit i want to see Bubba!

TeletubbieLala
September 1st, 2009, 1:47 PM
Can't believe no-one is talking about this in the last month.

Just watched Sunday's episode, wasn't as good as last weeks but certainly sets up a interesting Finale.

Currently reading the books as well, read the first one and loved it. Living Dead in Dallas is good as well.

UncannyIowan
September 1st, 2009, 1:51 PM
I need to definitely check out the first season. My wife rented a DVD of the show back in June, it had the last 2 episodes of the first season and I called HBO right after that to get the hook up. I've followed all season, think it's probably the best show on t.v. since the Shield went off the air. I don't watch a lot of t.v. shows to begin with, so the fact I'm spending more money to see one show speaks volumes.

Rogue being naked 90% of the time doesn't hurt either.

It's really just a great story, and this season is extremely intense. It'll be interesting to see how Sookie's "white powers" develop and what they mean.

TeletubbieLala
September 3rd, 2009, 5:18 AM
Just finished the second book, Living Dead in Dallas. I usually hate adaptations from Book to Film/TV but this is sensational and seems to reinvision each story.

Wikipedia is saying that Season 3 is to be based on the third book, much like thefirst two season being based on the first two books. Potentially 9 seasons if the ratings stay up?

Marlon Dingle
January 5th, 2010, 8:53 AM
Just finished Season 1 of the show. Pretty good, nothing spectacular but it's left me with a few questions that I'll probably catch Season 2 when it airs on FX over here next month. When does Season 3 start over in the US?

13th Step
January 7th, 2010, 4:38 PM
I believe that they are shooting Season 3 now, I would imagine the new season will start in June or so like Season 2 did.

Alf
June 18th, 2010, 7:13 AM
Anyone watched the new ep yet? Just started...

Fuck me that ginge is sensational. Absolutely sensational.

Marlon Dingle
June 18th, 2010, 1:29 PM
Is this Season 3 your on? Na I'm just going to wait 'til it airs on FX.

MTR
June 18th, 2010, 2:04 PM
I am making my way through season 2 on dvd. Don't have HBO to watch it on regular basis.

Not a fan of how some of the characters are done and what not being a fan of the books but overall still a good show.

Funboy
June 18th, 2010, 10:12 PM
I watched 301, and thoroughly enjoyed it - its campy and ridiculous, but just fun. Better than that Twilight bullshit anyway! Its a lovely summer show that tides me over until my more preferred shows return, but its good fun, and deserves a look.

RabidWookie
June 18th, 2010, 11:37 PM
Yeah, I watched the first episode back the other day. It's a fun show still, nothing too serious, but a good way to pass the time. The levels of nudity in it continue to rise too. Far too much man-arse though.

Alf
June 19th, 2010, 12:01 PM
I'd love to know how they made the sound effects in that scene where Eric is smashing the dust off of the estonians clunge.

slapsquelch.

Zacharie
June 20th, 2010, 3:02 AM
seen it up to season 3. This has been a good show so far. I wasn't expecting there to be so many additional races or species but it makes the world so much more interesting. kinda strange it went to fx tho. Doesn't seem like a show fit for that network.

Cewsh
June 20th, 2010, 12:23 PM
It went to FX?

Funboy
June 20th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Its on FX over here on digital, but Im pretty sure its HBO...

Bert
July 25th, 2010, 7:08 PM
YouTube- True Blood - Season 3 - 2nd Half - Comic-Con Preview Trailer

Looking really good, can't wait for tonight's episode.
The only thing that bugs me is they might have gave away the ending to the season in that clip. (Sookie in a coma) Get out of my house, bitch. :lol:
And it looks like Tara does become a vamp. :\
Has the girl in Sookie's vision been seen before? I don't remember her.

virms
July 25th, 2010, 7:30 PM
Remember how some people don't like spoilers bert? Fucking dickhead. Will an admin change his name IB Jr.?

Bert
July 25th, 2010, 7:32 PM
With Comic Con going on why else would I bump a thread that was last posted in on June? But whatever, added spoiler tags.

virms
July 25th, 2010, 7:36 PM
Probably because the show is on.....wait for it.....Sunday and today is wait for it......Sunday.

Thought maybe someone bumped the thread for talk of tonights show as it looks as though shit is about to go down.

Funboy
July 25th, 2010, 7:39 PM
what a dick! PALSOALTRIST, ya mong.

really digging this show, after a slowish start to the season, things are getting interesting.

Bert
July 25th, 2010, 7:43 PM
PALSOALTRIST

Am I supposed to know what the hell that means?

Funboy
July 25th, 2010, 8:03 PM
Yes. You posted in Lost thread, no?

PALSOATRALSIAST - Put All Lost Spoilers Or Anything That Resembles A Lost Spoiler In A Spoiler Tag.

So I guess you can make it PATBSOATRATBSIAT. Doesnt have the same ring to it though...

13th Step
August 17th, 2010, 12:29 AM
Anyone catch the latest episode of True Blood? Not giving anything away, but best line of the season so far was in it. "And now time for the weather. Tiffany?"

Bert
August 17th, 2010, 12:41 AM
I mean to make a post last night but was tired and forgot. It's really getting good now. Only 3 episodes left though. :(

13th Step
August 17th, 2010, 12:43 AM
Yeah, its unfortunate this seaon is only 12 episodes. But on the plus side I can't really think of any bad ones this season. So far its been awesome. Actually a few good lines now that I think about it. Eric screaming HOW COULD YOU FAIL ME into his bluetooth headset was a good one from earlier this season.

Funboy
August 17th, 2010, 6:26 AM
Fucking hate the actress who plays Tara. Hope she dies soon.

RabidWookie
August 17th, 2010, 7:38 AM
Fuck me that was a great episode. Long too, which was nice. Loved that ending :lol:

Canuck
August 17th, 2010, 2:08 PM
Yeah, this show is pretty great.

virms
August 17th, 2010, 2:26 PM
This season has been fantastic.

Good things to come.....

The showdown with the 3,000 year old vampire. Who the hell is gonna beat him? I hope it's not Sookie.

What the hell is Sookie?

What the hell is Crystal and her kin? They have been hinted as werewolves but I reckon they are something different.

Hell if LaFayette has been hinted at being something greater than human the past few episodes. I doubt it leads to much and I might have read to much into it but it's interesting nonetheless.

Bert
August 17th, 2010, 2:28 PM

Racist.

What the hell is Crystal and her kin? They have been hinted as werewolves but I reckon they are something different.

You really want to know?Are you sure?Were-Panthers.

Funboy
August 17th, 2010, 2:34 PM
Racist.

:lol:

No, just think she's a terrible actress. Dont like the way her face is constantly trembling, or her sass. Lafayette's sass is awesome. Just everything Tara does seems forced/overacted. Its an awesome, campy show; but she's almost TOO campy. I just don't care about her character, and I blame the actress.

the black bitch...

Dream-Evil
August 17th, 2010, 7:49 PM
Ahahaha. I did like her "Motherfucker!" in the hopsital room when Bill returned.

13th Step
August 17th, 2010, 10:47 PM
Tara really annoys me in this series. If does die before the series is over I can't say I will be disappointed. The whole "Oh woe is me" vibe she gives off wore thin for me. Though I was happy she was happy for her cousin this week. It was a nice touch.

Andru
August 18th, 2010, 12:29 AM
I think Rutina Wesley plays an awesome Tara !!!

or at least compared to who was originally cast ...

YouTube- First actress to play Tara in True Blood

Funboy
August 18th, 2010, 4:48 AM
Well I be damned, she IS worse!! Maybe its just Tara the character I havent warmed to...

RabidWookie
August 18th, 2010, 8:25 AM
Spoiler regarding what Sookie is...

Okay so in the books Sookie is a fairy/half-fairy It's always seemed to me like something that would work better in the books though, I wonder how well it will come across on TV.

PMBR
August 18th, 2010, 9:40 AM
And now the weather.

Tiffany?

:lol:

Aussie_Outlaw
August 18th, 2010, 9:46 AM

I'd say it's more the character. I can't stand the character as she's just annoying. But the actress does a good job. When she did a guest episode of Numb3rs it took me a bit to recognise her since she was completely different.

Funboy
August 18th, 2010, 9:47 AM
3 posts up, I think Im coming round to that idea.

13th Step
August 18th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Oh I agree. It's the character not the actress I hate.

Bert
August 18th, 2010, 2:51 PM
I realize they're actors but it's still weird to me how different they sound in interviews.
YouTube- True Blood's 'Sam' and 'Tara' KTLA morning chat
Tara is way different but Sam is about the same.
YouTube- Uinterview.com: Alexander Skarsgard
He sounds like he would work at an IT department.
YouTube- True Blood: Ryan Kwanten
I had no idea he was Australian. :$
YouTube- Chelsea Lately: Stephen Moyer
I think I knew he was British but this is the first time I've heard the accent.

Alf
August 19th, 2010, 10:35 AM
They all sound immensely similar to their characters to me.

That last ep was fantastic. Russel has to be one of the best characters on TV at the moment.

"We will eat you... after we eat your children... And now the weather... Tiffany?"

The Rogerer
August 19th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Really enjoying this series, despite not watching very much of the first two. I will get around to that.

The wife says that it's starting to depart from the books a lot more about now.

virms
August 19th, 2010, 7:54 PM
I think Rutina Wesley plays an awesome Tara !!!

or at least compared to who was originally cast ...

YouTube- First actress to play Tara in True Blood (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsnG8743oxU)

That chick is way hotter than Rutina but definitely doesn't fit the part.

Tim
August 19th, 2010, 10:46 PM
Everyone I've talked to that watches the show hates Tara, including myself and it seems like everyone in here feels the same. I think it's the character more than the actress because they always make her whiney and annoying. I've been hoping they kill her off since the show started.

Am I the only one who thinks Pam is hot?

13th Step
August 19th, 2010, 10:52 PM
You aren't alone. I think Pam is hot. I also really like Crystal.

Andru
August 20th, 2010, 12:32 PM
:heart: Pam

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s24/andrewlawrence88/Random/kristin-bauer-gm_l1.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s24/andrewlawrence88/Random/kristin-bauer-gm_l2.jpg

The Rogerer
August 20th, 2010, 1:05 PM
I'd love a bit of Pam

RabidWookie
August 24th, 2010, 5:29 PM
I loved Sookie's reaction to Bill telling her that she is a fairy. I'm sure it was the reaction that many viewers had too.

The whole drug trip scene with Lafayette and Jesus went on for far too long though.

Cewsh
August 24th, 2010, 5:32 PM
Love this show. Didn't even notice there was a thread.

RabidWookie
August 27th, 2010, 3:07 AM
Are you serious? This season has been fantastic!

Tim
August 27th, 2010, 4:10 AM
I haven't hated a TV relationship as much as Bill/Sookie since Buffy/Spike/Angel.

Bill is so boring, I don't know why people want to see them two together.

I think this season has been better than last years. Every year the show lacks a decent "Big Bad". I don't even remember the guy's name that turned out to be the killer on season 1, and Maryanne was a retarded villain. Russell is better than the previous two but I still zone out when he's on screen most of the time. It's about time they pull the trigger on Eric and make him the top villain, maybe next year.

Bert
August 27th, 2010, 12:17 PM
No. That's ridiculous. Eric is supposed to be a love interest not a "Big Bad." Rene Lenier was the killer season 1. Maryanne was fine but they should have planned it better. The last 2 episodes were way too long and they dragged out her being killed for too long. I'm enjoying Season 3 more than the first 2 combined. It's going by so fast I don't want to have to wait for more when it's over. 2 Episodes left. :(

Bert
August 30th, 2010, 3:03 AM
We have to wait 2 weeks. God Fucking Damnit.

virms
August 30th, 2010, 4:50 PM
I think they do that every season.

I thought last nights episode was the worst of the season until the very end.

I wonder how they will save Eric?

Bert
August 30th, 2010, 4:52 PM
Couldn't Russel just walk and drag Eric back into the shade? They always talk about how he's so much stronger. I get that he's weaker in Sunlight but it still seems like he could.

virms
August 30th, 2010, 5:01 PM
I thought that too but I am thinking the handcuffs must be made of silver or something. Seems that pretty much puts a standstill to vampires. Same with Pam, when that Hungarian chick wrapped that chain around her neck she pretty much went limp when it seems to me she could have swatted her away like a fly.

Edit: I am going to miss Russel.

Bert
August 30th, 2010, 7:34 PM
YouTube- True Blood: Season 3 - In Memoriam (HBO)

Canuck
August 31st, 2010, 9:23 AM
Sookie should just walk out and stab him with a wooden stake, and save Eric. Well probably not Sookie because she is dieing and hates Eric, but someone could easily do that.

Bert
September 13th, 2010, 3:40 PM
So how did Eric get out? Didn't Bill put silver handcuffs on him? If it was just the concrete I would say well there wasn't that much on him so of course he could get out, but with the silver handcuffs, I don't get it. I wasn't that shocked by that reveal, that might be because I was trying to figure out how Eric got out though.

virms
September 13th, 2010, 4:46 PM
Finale pretty well sucked. I would imagine as well connected as Eric is someone came and got him out.

Read a thing next season is going to have witches, fairies, werewolves, werepanthers and some other supernatural beings in it. To me, it's getting a bit much. Slow the fuck down and tell the story. It will be interesting to see if Sookie stays away from Bill.

Funboy
September 13th, 2010, 5:41 PM
I enjoyed how Bill had been a bad-guy - paying the dudes to beat up Sookie; for me that was a great reveal; but with the LODI Church back along with how Russell killed someone live on air, I was hoping for a culminating war. Hope we get that next season. Also, (as previously mentioned) I want Tara to die. Glad she wasn't turned into a vamp/immortal by Franklin, cause at least that means she can die. To be honest though, it didnt really feel like a finale, just another episode...

RabidWookie
September 14th, 2010, 6:03 PM
So how did Eric get out? Didn't Bill put silver handcuffs on him? If it was just the concrete I would say well there wasn't that much on him so of course he could get out, but with the silver handcuffs, I don't get it. I wasn't that shocked by that reveal, that might be because I was trying to figure out how Eric got out though.

Pam got him out. She was coming out from showering at Fangtasia and mentioning getting the concrete out of her hair.

The Doc
September 14th, 2010, 6:09 PM
I loved ghost Godric begging Eric to be merciful and his inner jerk telling him to fuck right off. I gotta admit I didn't see the Bill double cross.

Alf
September 15th, 2010, 5:14 AM
Lads, you don't need spoiler tags.

I thought is was a poor finale. The last few eps have been on a downward spiral since "We will eat you, after we eat you children... and now the weather..."

RabidWookie
September 15th, 2010, 7:42 AM
Yeah it was pretty crap. They built up so much stuff for next season, but in a shitty way. It was like they were setting up so much shit for a secret season finale to air next week or something.

Bert
May 11th, 2011, 1:21 AM
YouTube - True Blood: Season 4 Screen Test (HBO)

Anna Paquin looks good. Here's to another season of her showing her tits a lot. :beer:

Might as well post this too.

YouTube - True Blood: Season 4 - An Invitation To The Set (HBO)

ReDPath
May 11th, 2011, 8:23 AM
I finally got around to watching Season 2 after only seeing Season's 3 and 1. I finally gave the show a chance with Season 3 last year and I thought it was a fun show. Sure its still relies heavily on the vampire romance aspect that seems so unreasonably reliant based in today's Vamp stuff. Yet it has enough of other things to keep me entertained.

That said, I think the biggest problem this show is going to have moving forward will probably also be its biggest asset.

Which is introducing new types of beings. On one hand if done right, people will enjoy them. However if they decide to cram them as they go. People will grow disinterested and eventually people will be wondering why X-Men like mutants are involved in what was primarily a Vamp based show.

Now I know nothing of the source material nor do I care. I only say they should be careful in how they introduce their new figureheads instead of trying to shove them out there with little or no exposition.

Whatever road they go down in terms of introducing new beings will ultimately determine how long/short the show will go and/or how good/bad it will be.

I didn't really see it as a problem with Season's 1 and 2 but I felt Season 3 was a massive cram job and its something they should be careful about going forward. Either add more exposition in a reasonable manner or scale it back.

terencestamp7
May 11th, 2011, 8:58 AM
The problem I have is, I have to wait for the DVDs to come out, because I don't have HBO. And the DVDs come out when the next season starts. So people at work will be talking about season 4, while I'm just starting season 3. And when I go to talk about season 3, they say "I don't remember the last season to well," so it's a solo affair for me. I like discussing shows with people, but I just have a habit of liking shows no one else watches.

WWE RAW
True Blood (one season behind)
Supernatural

Bert
May 11th, 2011, 1:55 PM
The problem I have is, I have to wait for the DVDs to come out, because I don't have HBO.

Why don't you just download them? I don't have HBO either, that's what I do.

virms
May 12th, 2011, 5:35 PM
Because Terrence isn't a jobless thief?

The Doc
May 12th, 2011, 6:13 PM
The problem I have is, I have to wait for the DVDs to come out, because I don't have HBO. And the DVDs come out when the next season starts. So people at work will be talking about season 4, while I'm just starting season 3. And when I go to talk about season 3, they say "I don't remember the last season to well," so it's a solo affair for me. I like discussing shows with people, but I just have a habit of liking shows no one else watches.

WWE RAW
True Blood (one season behind)
Supernatural

Join the club.

True Blood
Supernatural
The Vampire Diaries
Burn Notice
Batman the Brave and the Bold
Ben 10
Dexter
United States of Tara
Spartacus

MTR
July 20th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Bumping this up.

Cewsh
July 20th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Man this witch stuff is just awful thus far.

terencestamp7
July 20th, 2011, 11:39 AM
I searched for it but it did not show up in the results, I apologize for the new thread. Bit weird since I posted in this already...

Is Season 4 good without giving spoilers? I am on the last episode of season 3. I won't be able to get to Season 4 until the realease it on DVD.

Cewsh
July 20th, 2011, 11:46 AM
The first episode of Season 4 is probably the most hysterically awful piece of television that HBO has put on in years.

It settles down and gets better after that, but it just went batshit insane.

MTR
July 20th, 2011, 12:14 PM
I have not seen season 3 yet. Hoping to borrow the dvds from someone soon. Seeing interesting things on twitter about this season so far.

Canuck
July 20th, 2011, 2:02 PM
This season has not been terrible or anything, but I believe it's in the progress of building itself up. I'd imagine it'll be quite a bit better in the coming episodes.

Bert
July 20th, 2011, 2:07 PM
I wish Pam would have showed her tits but man that outfit was hot. I'm looking forward to the Jason/Hoyt/Jessica love triangle as long as it means no more inbred were-panthers for a while. I also don't think the baby is actually evil. Rene was just a crazed killer, not a supernatural being.

Cewsh
July 20th, 2011, 2:22 PM
What Jason/Hoyt/Jessica love triangle?

Bert
July 20th, 2011, 2:28 PM
What Jason/Hoyt/Jessica love triangle?

The one that is obviously coming since Jason drank Jessica's blood and is now going to have dreams about her. Did you watch the latest episode?

Cewsh
July 20th, 2011, 2:30 PM
Well yeah, I saw the episode and I know that that happened, but Jason's storyline lies with Crystal and the other Were Panthers. I wouldn't be super shocked if something happened with Hoyt, Jessica and Jason but I didn't get that from the scene at all.

Bert
July 20th, 2011, 2:38 PM
Well yeah, I saw the episode and I know that that happened, but Jason's storyline lies with Crystal and the other Were Panthers. I wouldn't be super shocked if something happened with Hoyt, Jessica and Jason but I didn't get that from the scene at all.

Why would you not think that? When Sookie drank Eric's blood she had sexy dreams about him so why would it be different with Jason? For the record though, I hadn't read any spoilers until just now.

Cheesybones: What's coming up for Jason on True Blood now that he's turning into a were-panther?
Unfortunately for Jason (Ryan Kwanten), things are going to get worse before they get better. But let's not get too hasty on the turning into a were-panther thing. Those hotshot cats aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer, so what are the chances they can pull off creating a were-panther from scratch? Besides, Jason will have other things occupying his mind. Remember all those sexy Eric-Sookie dreams? We can say that Jason is going to be having some graphic vamp blood dreams of his own, thanks to Jessica's (Deborah Ann Woll) healing powers.

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b252832_spoiler_chat_get_scoop_on_true_blood.html# ixzz1SfjWfv6U

Cewsh
July 20th, 2011, 2:41 PM
Fair enough, I had no idea that's the direction they were going.

I had assumed that things were unique to Sookie in that regard, as the entire series is one big exception for her, and her fairy blood could have been involved.

Dream-Evil
July 26th, 2011, 12:01 AM
Woof. Shits about to go down.

Tim
July 26th, 2011, 2:15 AM
I'm digging this season so far, probably my favorite season even with it not being finished yet.

I'm not into the werepanther story. But I'm glad pussy face Bill and Sookie are finally over, and can't wait to see what happens when Eric gets his memory back and Sookie realizes she's in love with Eric who will probably be evil again. Hoyt/Jessica/Jason will be much better than the stupid werepanther thing. And the witches vs vampires is far more appealing to me than Rene, Maryanne or the Church angles. But I hope Pam gets her face back soon, I think she's probably the hottest female on the show and while the face looks cool it's not hot. I can even tolerate Bill this season who I usually hate, turns out he's not that bad when he isn't acting like Sookie's bitch.

Alf
July 27th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Ginger one is so fucking fit. I love red heads.

COME HERE MIK.

Bert
July 27th, 2011, 2:00 PM
Ginger one is so fucking fit. I love red heads.

Agreed.

She needs to show her fucking tits already though. Oh well I'll make due with this for now.

http://i.imgur.com/uqGPJ.png
http://i.imgur.com/CaJz6.png
http://i.imgur.com/5yAIC.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Y9t1q.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ISDAv.png
http://i.imgur.com/at3lK.png

Bert
August 1st, 2011, 2:11 PM
So, tv.com posted a bingo card.

I played.

http://i.imgur.com/sMFsS.jpg

So close. :shakefist:

ReDPath
August 7th, 2011, 11:36 PM
The build up in this episode was really good and the actress who plays Marie/Antonia was brilliant in this episode. To me that sold me that should could be a credible villain in this series as long as they don't pussy out and not pull the trigger on her killing anyone.

That was the problem with seasons 2 and 3. Neither villain did jack worth anything in terms of derailing the playing field. Not killing a single person of merit to make them credible.

Other notes

- The Andy/V shit is boring and really drags the show down whenever it appears plus his shit with Sam just screams wtf really.
- The Arlene/Baby shit seems to be picking up steam but that doesn't mean I give a shit. Again its boring
- The Tommy/Sam shit HOPEFULLY is near an end with one last clash and that's it.
- The Alcede/Debbie/Sookie thing I see as something that's going to develop further and probably take a good chunk of the second half.
- The Lafeyette thing seems to be hinting towards either a joining with Antonia or a counter group eventually that aids the vampires.

Now as for Jessica.

I think she's dead and the excuse will be her character was made from scratch and not from the books. That and she's the most innocent of the vampires. Though it would not be surprising if she's simply severely damaged. I think a trailer from comic con showed her in a truck which leads you to believe she survives.

I think she's dead and the excuse will be her character was made from scratch and not from the books. That and she's the most innocent of the vampires. Though it would not be surprising if she's simply severely damaged. I think a trailer from comic con showed her in a truck which leads you to believe she survives.

Tim
August 8th, 2011, 3:05 AM
She's not dead... er than she was. Jason will save her. Plus, these type of scenarios where someone seems like they're dead or will be dead at the end of the show always end up with them living in the next episode. And the Jason thing just started.

ReDPath
August 16th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Turning Sookie into a Vamp Fairy would certainly be a good wtf moment for the show and bring it some much needed new perspective. Maybe Sookie would not be as daffy as she is now.

Right now though I feel like this show has nooooo balls whatosever. Nobody dies. In 4 seasons very little has happened on the death front. Meanwhile the cast continues to pile up each season and a lot of these characters could simply go. Not saying everything shocking has to be death related but this show has no balls right now.

Granted Jessica is probably the most well liked girl on the show probably besides Pam but someone has to die and and the only way for Antonia to be a credible villain that's NOT a pushover in the end like Mary Ann and Russel is for her to die but die while taking SOME of the cast with her.

The only villain whose done worth a shit so far in this show was the human villain Rene.

Dream-Evil
September 6th, 2011, 9:06 PM
Holy shit. What an episode. Eric is a fucking animal. Ahahahah. Drinking the heart like a fucking juicebox was inspired.

The Doc
September 7th, 2011, 1:46 AM
Mary-Anne wasn't a push over she's clearly been the most threatening villian on the show. The problem is Mary-Anne just wanted to have fun, her goal wasn't to murder the cast if her goal HAD been to murder the cast she most likely would have. Antonia by contrast IS trying to murder almost half of our cast and thus far she's failing fantastically.

There have been deaths in this show, just nobody who's got a lot of plot armor but very very few shows start hacking away at the real cast. They can't kill Layfayette for the same reason he's survived longer in the show than in the books. That motherfucker is AWESOME. You kill him I riot. I guess you could kill Pam, Eric and Bill aren't getting killed. Jessica. . .I'd miss her but still we can just make a new Jessica. I wouldn't mind offing some werewolves. But still. Actually now that I'm thinking about it this show has a fairly impressive death rate of charachters you'd expect to survive like Bill's ex and the Vampire Queen I would have expected to fade away but death? Eggers. . .I gotta go back and watch first couple of seasons again.

Andru
September 7th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Mary-Anne wasn't a push over she's clearly been the most threatening villian on the show. The problem is Mary-Anne just wanted to have fun, her goal wasn't to murder the cast if her goal HAD been to murder the cast she most likely would have. Antonia by contrast IS trying to murder almost half of our cast and thus far she's failing fantastically.

There have been deaths in this show, just nobody who's got a lot of plot armor but very very few shows start hacking away at the real cast. They can't kill Layfayette for the same reason he's survived longer in the show than in the books. That motherfucker is AWESOME. You kill him I riot. I guess you could kill Pam, Eric and Bill aren't getting killed. Jessica. . .I'd miss her but still we can just make a new Jessica. I wouldn't mind offing some werewolves. But still. Actually now that I'm thinking about it this show has a fairly impressive death rate of charachters you'd expect to survive like Bill's ex and the Vampire Queen I would have expected to fade away but death? Eggers. . .I gotta go back and watch first couple of seasons again.

If they kill off Pam, I might die! She is way too entertaining and plus shes a nice female contrast to Sookie. Id like to see some more scenes between the two of them actually.

Aren't they supposed to be good friends in the books?

Cewsh
September 7th, 2011, 1:49 PM
In the books Pam is essentially a soccer mom.

Bert
September 12th, 2011, 2:40 AM
What. The. Fuck.

They just killed Tara off.

Can it really be that easy? :panic:

Or will Lafayette just do some hocus pocus and make her alive again? :chin: Maybe as a zombie? :lol:

Tim
September 12th, 2011, 5:27 AM
I wanna be happy that she's dead because I hate her character, but it seemed weird that after all the crap they've gone through that Alcide's ex would kill her. I could see them bringing her back and saying the bullet only skimmed her, or she'll drink Bill's blood. I would have loved to see Pam off Tara, but I'll settle for this.

Alf
September 12th, 2011, 9:21 AM
So Russel will be back. Excellent.

Andru
September 12th, 2011, 12:33 PM
I wanna be happy that she's dead because I hate her character, but it seemed weird that after all the crap they've gone through that Alcide's ex would kill her. I could see them bringing her back and saying the bullet only skimmed her, or she'll drink Bill's blood. I would have loved to see Pam off Tara, but I'll settle for this.

Didnt she get an entire portion of her head blown off?

Cewsh
September 12th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Yep.

Bert
September 12th, 2011, 2:50 PM
We could always get Tara The Friendly Ghost. :scared:

It just seems to me like with that being Lafayette's only family he would do whatever it took to bring Tara back, also he has Jesus's magic now.

Or maybe they really are done with her. :dunno:

Cewsh
September 12th, 2011, 2:52 PM
She certainly doesn't have any storyline reason to stick around. And her character is barely even in the books and actually wound up married to Eggs.

Bert
September 12th, 2011, 3:19 PM
She certainly doesn't have any storyline reason to stick around. And her character is barely even in the books and actually wound up married to Eggs.

You can't really use the books as a reason to why she's not going to be around anymore. Tara from True Blood as we know her is nothing like the character in the books except for the name.

The reason she would stick around is so Lafayette isn't alone. Losing his boyfriend and then his cousin is sure to make him do something crazy. I'm not saying that's for sure going to happen but I think it's a possibility.

I'm a little disappointed that we didn't get any payoff from the Fairy that fucked Andy or that Russel didn't appear in Sookie's house trying to drink her blood. I thought for sure after I saw he was out of the pit he would go straight there and try to bite and drain her. And with it being Eric's house he wouldn't even need to be invited in.

Andru
September 12th, 2011, 8:46 PM
Season 4 has been my least favorite so far.

It was all over the place and it seemed like a lot of the characters were so disconnected and just going through the motions.

Story lines (Sookie & The Fairies, Jason & The were-panthers) were dropped completely or just extremely rushed.

And I am not sure which was more boring. Sookie's & Eric's over the top cheesy love-fest, the random story about the Mavis woman who lost her baby, or all of the witch shit.

And while some deaths were more realistic (Jesus, Calvin, Debbie) Some of them were pretty random and looked like they were thought up last minute (Claudine, Tara, Tommy).

And Marnie/Antonia has been by far the worst villain yet. She didnt seem to pose any threat besides pulling vampires into the sun, which when it happened, was kind of a let down. And then they just sort of brushed her off at the end.

I kind of feel that the year long gap between seasons may have been at fault. The only person who really hasn't moved on from season 3 is Sookie. Everyone else was in "real time". We missed so much that happened in that year that probably could have made the season much better.

But oh well, I am doing complaining!

<3 Pam

Tim
September 13th, 2011, 8:20 AM
Didnt she get an entire portion of her head blown off?

I hope you're right, I kinda thought they used the glass shattering as a way to make it look like her head was blown off when in actuality it barely hit her. But if she is dead awesome, her whiney ass should of been axed a long time ago. I don't know if I like this season better than the first season, but I definitely enjoyed it more than 2 and 3.

The Rogerer
September 15th, 2011, 7:49 PM
It seems nobody can just leave, it takes death.

I just watched the last four episodes in a row. A lot of questions:

Why did Tommy do what he did? Why exactly did it end that way? He said something like "It wasn't just the beating"...

So Marnie says "I'll let Sookie out of this building if Eric and Bill kill themselves" Eric and Bill go "Aye, okay", and then Pam decides this isn't a really good idea, and Eric casts her away as a result.

You couldn't have a simple human story. Andy has to get fucked by a fairy, goodness.

I thought for a moment they were going to redress the balance of humans/non-humans but Alcide will still be around. Was Terry's war buddy just a weird cameo or do we think it will go anywhere?

Would the fire have killed Bill and Eric eventually?

Did Pam stop rotting or is/was she just getting the 50 injections a day?

Tara hadn't done anything annoying in quite a few episodes. Bad timing.

I really wish it would have just dealt with vampires and the politics, to be honest. It seems to defeat the premise when there's far more supernatural characters than normal humans.

The status quo has been restored somewhat, and on reflection the whole series feels like a weird diversion. Goofy Eric having lots of sex, dead baby subplot, Marnie being annoying.

The Doc
September 15th, 2011, 8:52 PM
While I still enjoyed myself my biggest problem with Season 4 seems to be the same as everybody's, they didn't so much resolve shit as forget about it. Like other than the occasional fright (and hey real fairies don't look ANYTHING like that so why Sookie was spooked is still stupid) but what all happened with that? Are they still trying to cross over?

I presume that Pam stopped rotting at the same time that Eric got his memory back. Don't ask how it happened as it doesn't seem likely to explained. It stopped and that's that (though I though I'd just missed it.) A better question is on a show where the only actor anybody had heard of before the series started, Ms. Paquin has shown off the girls HOW THE FUCK has JESSICA KEPT HER TITS A SECRET?! Get with the program girl, you wanna be on True Blood you show off the tits. It's part of the goddamn deal. If you don't wanna show em off go be on Vampire Diaries where I don't expect them.

Yes the fire would have eventually killed the vampires. Its standard in the folklore which True Blood seems to be taking rather by the book. Marnie also not an idiot.

It's true. Tara had managed to go three or four episodes without pissing me off. The bigger problem is I dislike that other cunt MORE and with less reason to be honest.

Goddamn though Plot Armor is supposed to give better protection than it's been offering our True Blood (and Vampire Diaries) people. Shit if you aren't core, and I mean you've slept with Sookie core you really can get your goddamned head blown off.

I'm not really looking forward to round two with Russel next year though. The fact that he didn't ALREADY kill everybody barely makes sense but. . .damn. I don't like him and I intensely do not want to bother with that guy again.

One Man Gang
September 15th, 2011, 9:28 PM
I've never seen the first 3 seasons of True Blood but due to circumstances beyond my control, I was forced to watch this season. :p

I too wondered if that chick vampire was still rotting or not. She at least was up until Marney made a joke about when they were standing outside her shop with the weapons. But maybe once Marney died, the spell was broken?

ReDPath
September 15th, 2011, 9:54 PM
The show IMO is running thin on story telling. Mostly due to the amount of characters they have and continue to introduce that serve no purpose.

I dunno how long they will get away with that before people start leaving.

Maybe 6 Seasons tops.

I thought maybe the premise of having Season 4 set a year after Season 3 would freshen things up a bit and maybe it did in some areas but in others it felt all the same.

One thing I think the show could use that I'm not sure has or has not been used in the books is the zombies. Maybe in a scenario where they are created through chemical or spiritual means and all the supernaturals and humans in bon temps have to ally to defeat the zombie outbreak.

Credibility of the villains is another issue I find with the show. Season 1 gave off a credible villain and to an extent Marnie was credible as well. I define credible by being able to kill off a character or derail the playing field.

Seasons 2 and 3 for me did nothing villain wise and now their playing their card again with Russel quicker than expected. He needs to actually do something besides provide some back story that serves no further purpose than to prop up the other characters.

The Doc
September 16th, 2011, 3:13 PM
I already watched Deadliest Warrior. I know how the Vampires vs Zombies game plays out. I don't need six episodes to explain that Bill and Eric can rock zombies no matter how many you toss at them.

I've seen most of the villains as credible. The problem with most of them is that they haven't been focused on the cast unlike most traditional antagonists. Mary Anne couldn't give a shit less about. . .well the show to be honest. She wanted her orgy and she wanted to die but that was it. Russel wanted to overthrow the Authority it wasn't until Eric directly provoked him that he focused in on people we gave a shit about. Until then he was having fun. I guess you could argue that the Fellowship of the Sun (I'm curious how invitations rules work in that verse all of a sudden. Like could that guy enter Jason's home cus they were former best buddies or was he stuck hissing on the porch while Jason laughed and explained how shit works?) didn't do much since Godrick only existed to get wasted.

Bert
May 14th, 2012, 3:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vJdU3XrS_Q

Bert
May 29th, 2012, 6:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPUO2DpBPOE

Dream-Evil
June 13th, 2012, 3:35 AM
Anyone catch the premier? Pretty good, lots of stuff in motion already..Eric and his sister :lol: and Tara, which I haven't decided if I like that they kept her, as she's shit. and yes, Jessica needs to stop fucking about and get her tits out already. JESUS.

The Doc
June 13th, 2012, 5:21 PM
Season 5. . .off to an interesting start.

Tara finally does something I approve of and immediately fucks that up. At least the next time it should take.

virms
June 13th, 2012, 5:56 PM
Now granted it is only the 1st episode of the new season, but I am kind of hoping everything comes to a head this season and we see several people killed off. I understand they are probably trying for something epic here but to me there is just a bit too much going on in this show. To me it needs to get back to good story telling, focus on a few key characters and Jessica getting naked.

virms
July 8th, 2013, 1:01 AM
Anybody still watching this? I actually think this has started off as a strong season. Only 10 episodes this season so the story telling and pace of the show is a bit faster than usual

Been loving rutger hauer's guest shot.

Bert
July 8th, 2013, 2:33 AM
It's getting better. I still roll my eyes every time they mention how God was a vampire and Lilith was made in his image though.

Gary J
July 8th, 2013, 3:41 AM
I stopped watching after season 4 has Jessica got them out yet?

Bert
July 8th, 2013, 5:08 AM
I stopped watching after season 4 has Jessica got them out yet?

She got close in a sex scene with Jason where she covered them with a shirt or something but I don't think she ever will fully.

Maybe she has wonky nipples.

The Rogerer
July 8th, 2013, 5:16 AM
If you must know the character is a minor.

Bert
July 8th, 2013, 5:25 AM
In the sense that she was turned at 17 so now she's "forever 17."

Doesn't stop people from having sex with her though.

Bert
July 8th, 2013, 5:28 AM
“I don’t do full nudity, but I do let [family] know if it’s going to be a sexually explicit scene, for particularly my boyfriend,” Woll says. “Most everyone else in my life, they just sort of roll their eyes, and go, ‘Okay, there she is doing it.’

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/deborah-ann-woll-warns-boyfriend-steamy-scenes-true-blood-article-1.1091982

The Rogerer
July 8th, 2013, 5:43 AM
I'm getting beyond tired of this HBO nudity fest. I feel like a chimp in a lab being made to stare at the screen until the next commercials come on and we get a peanut.

virms
July 8th, 2013, 11:09 AM
It's getting better. I still roll my eyes every time they mention how God was a vampire and Lilith was made in his image though.

It's what some vampires believe in the story. Most of them don't though.

The only character change I am not really liking is alicede (or however you spell his name. I guess maybe all the vamp blood changed him but it just seemed like a quick turn.

Pete Cash
July 8th, 2013, 11:28 AM
I'm getting beyond tired of this HBO nudity fest. I feel like a chimp in a lab being made to stare at the screen until the next commercials come on and we get a peanut.

There is a story of some hbo exec on the set of game of thrones saying can you get any more nudity in the shot, can you get some boobs in here and explaining that he represented the pervert section of the audience.

The Rogerer
July 8th, 2013, 11:33 AM
The wife started watching some newish HBO series about a guy that gets out of prison and becomes a sheriff, and about 15 seconds into the show he 'imagines' himself having sex with a massive jebbed barmaid. It made me think of the last series of True Blood, where they started running out of excuses to have people shag each other and then just loaded up on dream sequences.

I'm becoming really annoyed about this, aside from feminism etc, to the fact that I feel like it's a weakness in the male mind that program makers are openingly exploiting and it suddenly reminds me that they're only making these shows so that we're staring at the box long enough that we can be told to go and get a coke. In the second episode of 24 the woman parachutes out of the plane and then just sits around naked because lol.

The_Mike
July 8th, 2013, 11:52 AM
To be fair, in 24 I think she was sitting around naked because it was at night in the middle of the desert and she had burned all her clothes and other evidence to prevent her activities ever being tracked. Was this Mandy? I didn't mind the nudity so much as the fact that a female superspy just had to be a sexy lesbian. Tony couldn't be gay or something complex and involved like that, just the sexy villain likes to kiss girls. Though in 2001 this was actually slightly progressive...

Nudity in general isn't a problem to me, but it definitely has become a ubiquitous shorthand for 'serious' shows to say "we're super serious, we're for grown ups". It's almost funny how they throw in a token man-butt when blatantly all the nudity is aimed at heterosexual men and keeping their eyes on the screen. I've also noticed on regular cable a serious up-tick in violence. Even shows on the history and travel channels are showing people getting stabbed and blood spraying all over the place and so on. I wonder if they feel this is their only recourse to compete with premium channels, since they'll never be allowed to show boobs. We all know boobs are serious business.

I'm only on Season 1 of True Blood just now. Is it worth continuing with? I like it so far, but I wouldn't want to waste my time if it falls off a cliff half-way through Season 2 and never recovers.

The Rogerer
July 8th, 2013, 11:58 AM
I'd say it remains delightfully stupid for long enough to keep watching. It didn't really start to drag for me until the 4th season.

To be fair, in 24 I think she was sitting around naked because it was at night in the middle of the desert and she had burned all her clothes and other evidence to prevent her activities ever being tracked.It's the po-faced pretence of trying to explain it. How many male secret agents are their in TV and film and how many of them burn their knickers. It's doubly creepy because as a viewer you're just openly perving on someone, it's not as if there's any sort of meaning to it.

Edit: Also there's a common theme about women being scantily clad in the desert when it's blisteringly hot in the day time and famously freezing at night.

The_Mike
July 8th, 2013, 12:14 PM
I'd say it remains delightfully stupid for long enough to keep watching. It didn't really start to drag for me until the 4th season.

Cheers, I'll keep going, it's at least been fun so far.

It's the po-faced pretence of trying to explain it. How many male secret agents are their in TV and film and how many of them burn their knickers. It's doubly creepy because as a viewer you're just openly perving on someone, it's not as if there's any sort of meaning to it.

Edit: Also there's a common theme about women being scantily clad in the desert when it's blisteringly hot in the day time and famously freezing at night.

That's definitely true. Male agents are never so thorough and even if they were, the camera would not linger on them while they chill out all naked. Attack of the Clones nearly made my head explode with Padme randomly showing off her belly under two blistering suns. Women in media apparently never fear sunburn or skin cancer.

Cewsh
July 8th, 2013, 12:31 PM
My wife has read all of the Sookie Stackhouse books, and we watched the first three seasons. While I enjoyed the first two, and sort of tolerated the apeshit third, I just can't muster any enthusiasm to get started on this season after the preposterous direction the whole thing seems headed in. Is this season any better than 3 thus far?

virms
July 8th, 2013, 12:37 PM
I have been enjoying it.

Bill's character is a bit more interesting than it ever has been.

The Warlowe storyline is pretty good right now

Rutger Hauer has been amazing thus far

Eric is almost back to the old Eric.

Some of the new technology they are using to combat vampires is pretty neat.

The 4 fairy kids and Andy has been mildly amusing thanks to Andy and his character's growth.

I haven't been much interested in Sam, Alicide or any of the wlf/shifter stuff this year

Ben was kind of meh until this last episode.

Version 6
October 13th, 2013, 6:28 PM
Yeah that whole Warlow storyline was an absolute rabble. Including the end.

Andy really is the best thing about this show at this point.

ReDPath
April 3rd, 2014, 8:49 PM
Final season begins June 22nd

4 straight shitty shit seasons. I really don't expect much from the final season either. The show for me got completely bogus after the 2nd season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vws0B3EuXdg

Bert
May 18th, 2014, 10:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu3Tw4-pKg4