PDA

View Full Version : The Football League Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59

MichaelC
September 4th, 2009, 9:51 PM
Brentford's gonnae kill you.

Beefy
September 5th, 2009, 12:04 AM
Ahhhhh so that is what winning is? I think I remember.

WE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE ORIENT, WE HATE ORIENT!

Red Dog
September 5th, 2009, 4:01 AM
Steve Claridge is coming out of retirement, to play a game for Weymouth tomorrow against Bromley. Hopefully they'll do a piece on the Football League show. They really need to get rid of the pointless woman on that program though, I could't give a fuck about what some ill informed dickheads with an email account think. Just show some more goals.
I hope he gets kicked in his stupid biased cockney face.

connorboy
September 5th, 2009, 4:05 AM
Fucking hell if I wasnt so hungover I'd be buzzing. Torn are you going? If I see you knocking about I may have to play with your bumhole a bit

connorboy
September 5th, 2009, 4:30 AM
:panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

CHARLTON VS BARNET FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK BBF YOURE GOING!!!!!!!

BBF
September 5th, 2009, 5:40 AM
YUS! As long as I'm not working mate I'll be there. This could mean I meet Torn and connorboy in one week.

:hyper:

TraXX
September 5th, 2009, 5:44 AM
Wowzers.

Rajah Meet: Football Edition!

I'm expecting pictures and commentary, lads. :yes:

TraXX
September 5th, 2009, 5:53 AM
sof, appaz Lee Croft is a bit mental. Says he has seen the 8th Wonder of the World; a fly suspended in mid-air over the arctic. And a monkey in a tree in Wigan. And a horse in the back of a Range Rover sport.

Mental.

Torn
September 5th, 2009, 6:23 AM
COME ON YOU REDDDSSS

Nah I'm watching on Sky. 'If you're watching on the telly you're a cunt' etc etc.

And about having no centre backs, JAMES WILSON (WONDERKID) is available after not playing for the U21s PHEW.

Torn
September 5th, 2009, 6:42 AM
TEAMS ARE IN

Brentford:- Price; Foster, Phillips, Wilson, Wood; Taylor, Hunt, O'Connor, Saunders; Weston, Cort
Subs:- Bull, Osborne, Legge, Bean, MacDonald, Kabba, Blake

Charlie on the bench :eek:

Phillips is back as well as Wilson YUS CENTRE BACKS, Wood at left back as Dicko is injured.. Saunders (a right winger) on the left wing with a left winger (Weston) upfront and a striker (KABBA) on the bench I'm still finding a bit weird. YOU REDDDDSSSSSSSS

Torn
September 5th, 2009, 7:30 AM
JESUS CHRIST

BBF
September 5th, 2009, 7:31 AM
For fucks sake. Could you not lose this game please.

BBF
September 5th, 2009, 7:48 AM
I hate you Torn. You owe me a fiver.

Torn
September 5th, 2009, 8:09 AM
WHAT? I told you 'I think we'll lose' you spastic

GAYY. Charlton are a bit good going forward, they are going to destroy a lot of teams this year. Poor Sam Wood, we wouldn't have given away that goal if Dickson had been there but oh well, he's not a left back and rubbish in the air and Sam is giving him problems. The second one was brilliant skill. The few chances we've had we've FUCKED UP, FUCKING CARL CORT YOU TWAT YOU FUCKING MISSED FROM 3 YARDS and Taylor being a selfish dickhead. We've had periods of being on top but with the strikers we have on the pitch at the moment absolutely no cutting edge, which Charlton have plenty of.

BBF
September 5th, 2009, 8:15 AM
The odds for draw looked too enticing when I was in Ladbrokes earlier. Spur of the moment.

Chances of a comeback?

Torn
September 5th, 2009, 8:18 AM
About zero.

BBF
September 5th, 2009, 8:19 AM
Excellent. Hopefully Notts, Crewe, Leeds and COLCHESTER do the business later.

MichaelC
September 5th, 2009, 8:30 AM
Right I've just woken up.

(You can blame mth chatting about pets till about 5am...hehehe)

Have I missed much? Apart from Brentford apparently losing...

BBF
September 5th, 2009, 8:35 AM
Not really. Charlton have been the better side but I got sucked in by the 5/2 being offered for the draw and put a fiver on it. Now I'm cheering on Brentford and feel dirty.

MichaelC
September 5th, 2009, 8:38 AM
Yes, I remember you mentioning yer bets last night.

How bad will you feel if my Soton/Colchester draw warnings come through now? Hehe.

BBF
September 5th, 2009, 8:40 AM
I was torn (lol) between the draw or Colchester and plumped for Colchester cos I'm greeeeedy.

All my winnings over the next three weeks goes towards Freshers Week so I'm hoping for a big win so I can smashed properly.

MichaelC
September 5th, 2009, 8:53 AM
Just like you were torn between going to the game or going to your mate Rajahs?

BBF
September 5th, 2009, 8:55 AM
Indeed. I did send another message in mentioning you but they didn't read it.

I once had a full conversation with a mate through the medium of the Barnet commentators.

MichaelC
September 5th, 2009, 8:59 AM
Hahaha!

Nearly a new claim to fame.

Brentford and Charlton have turned into Malawi and Guinea on my stream! That was an impressive trick.

MichaelC
September 5th, 2009, 9:00 AM
Oh yeah, it was the story about that girl that you and Torn liked on MSN.

BBF
September 5th, 2009, 9:02 AM
The Miss Earth one?

Torn
September 5th, 2009, 9:17 AM
I can't say I'm disappointed with the performance, in the second half we actually played quite well. What a save to deny Cort, and Weston missed a sitter, and great free kick by Hunt very unlucky to hit the bar. When Weston went to the left wing he looked SO much better. Basically Charlton took their chances and we didn't. Not too disheartened, and well played Charlton, they attacked and defended very well.

MichaelC
September 5th, 2009, 9:25 AM
The Miss Earth one?

No, the one in the Catty that passed out, I think.

Torn, you need 52 points. Get them then look upwards, pretty much.

connorboy
September 5th, 2009, 10:58 AM
RED ARMY RED ARMY RED ARMY

Just got in, decent game still looking good in all areas which is heartening especially as Southampton, Norwich and Leeds games are coming up.

WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE SAID WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE

MichaelC
September 5th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Someone is happy.

connorboy
September 5th, 2009, 11:05 AM
I was happier until I found out the Leeds score

Bremtford are a decent little side, no chance will they go down but I don't think theres enough there for promotion either especially with Carl Cort up front. How that bloke once went for £7 million I'll never know

MichaelC
September 5th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Well, you had to expect Leeds would win.

Stockport will be going down this season.

Torn
September 5th, 2009, 11:15 AM
I was happier until I found out the Leeds score

Bremtford are a decent little side, no chance will they go down but I don't think theres enough there for promotion either especially with Carl Cort up front. How that bloke once went for £7 million I'll never know

I know fucking hell. He is horrific.

connorboy
September 5th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Your 2 wingers look very good, the fact you got 13 corners is testament to that

MichaelC
September 5th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Does Brentford still have Kabba too?

Hlebsfall
September 5th, 2009, 5:31 PM
Steve Claridge is coming out of retirement, to play a game for Weymouth tomorrow against Bromley. Hopefully they'll do a piece on the Football League show. They really need to get rid of the pointless woman on that program though, I could't give a fuck about what some ill informed dickheads with an email account think. Just show some more goals.

Bromley ended up tonking them 5-1, so maybe they wont bother.

connorboy
September 5th, 2009, 6:59 PM
:lol: Someone e-mailed in with a rumour that Pardew's coming back to Charlton. Well he is next week, but I dont know if he meant it like that!

Hlebsfall
September 5th, 2009, 7:15 PM
haha, Bromley made it on then. Seeing that twat Claridge get merked by Donal O'Sullivan. Give it up mate.

Torn
September 5th, 2009, 7:20 PM
Claridge was one of the worst players I've ever seen play for us.

connorboy
September 5th, 2009, 7:37 PM
haha, Bromley made it on then. Seeing that twat Claridge get merked by Donal O'Sullivan. Give it up mate.

I was out drinking with Steve Clark a couple of months ago

N.E.R.F.
September 6th, 2009, 4:37 AM
Torn will be pleased to know that I may be going to Griffin Park a few times this season - girlfriend's dad is a fan and we're close enough that we can go spur of the moment. I'll shake Charlie Mac's hand for you :D

The wench is actually a Reading fan so I probably will be going to at least one at the Madejski soon as well - Ipswich looks most likely at the start of November. Not expecting to see any goals though.

RFF Champ
September 6th, 2009, 7:39 AM
David Healy has been added to the list of potential loan targets for next week. I wouldn't mind him, decent player.

Torn
September 6th, 2009, 7:41 AM
Torn will be pleased to know that I may be going to Griffin Park a few times this season - girlfriend's dad is a fan and we're close enough that we can go spur of the moment. I'll shake Charlie Mac's hand for you :D

The wench is actually a Reading fan so I probably will be going to at least one at the Madejski soon as well - Ipswich looks most likely at the start of November. Not expecting to see any goals though.

Brilliant, you'll be able to see some real football instead of that Arsenal SHITE :shifty: Make sure you post about the games you go to like it's interesting to hear what a neutral thinks of who we played etc

Charlie told me he's getting a restraining order put on you mate, sorry.

RFF Champ
September 7th, 2009, 8:04 AM
2008/09: Played 7, Won 0, Drawn 2, Lost 5 (1st spell)
2008/09: Played 6, Won 1, Drawn 2, Lost 3 (2nd spell)
2009/10: Played 6, Won 5, Drawn 1, Lost 0.

Chris Hughton's record as manager of Newcastle. This Sunday marks a year since he first took over as interim manager. I wish a full time manager that isn't Chris Hughton is appointed soon.

Torn
September 7th, 2009, 10:57 AM
He's done alright so far this season though to be fair to him.

MichaelC
September 7th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Yes, annoyingly so.

Though it may come crashing down on Saturday at the hands of the mighty....uhm, who are the Toon playing next?

Torn
September 7th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Cardiff, they are live on Sky again.

CHOPS is going to destroy Collocini.

MichaelC
September 7th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Ah, at the new Cardiff stadium?

And how many games have Newcastle had on live TV now, and we're not even a full month into the season? Three? They're not the only side in the Championship.

Torn
September 7th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Yeah at the new stadium, this will be Newcastle's 4th game live on TV already :nono:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/8241048.stm

This will interest Red Dog, new Forest stadium planned to be tied into the World Cup bid.

Simon
September 7th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Roberto Carlos is available on a free and is interested in a move to Notts County apparently :lol:

MichaelC
September 7th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Yeah at the new stadium, this will be Newcastle's 4th game live on TV already :nono:

:mad:

Thistle have been on tv ONCE in 5 years.

Roberto Carlos is available on a free and is interested in a move to Notts County apparently :lol:

Good for him. I'm sure he'll fit in well.

eldanielfire
September 7th, 2009, 4:00 PM

connorboy
September 7th, 2009, 4:11 PM
I'm officially going to the Naaaarwich game on the 19th, probably on my own but its another ground to tick off. How far walk from the station is it Traxx?

BBF
September 7th, 2009, 4:15 PM
Its basically across the road, if I remember right.

connorboy
September 7th, 2009, 4:19 PM
Do you know if your working on the 6th October yet? I want to take you to the finest dives in the Blackheath area

BBF
September 7th, 2009, 4:22 PM
It's a Tuesday so it's unlikely. Will have to see nearer the time though.

If I'm not working I'll definitely come though. Pretty easy on the Tube.

connorboy
September 7th, 2009, 4:29 PM
Reckon it will be dirt cheap to get in that night aswell, no Dean Sinclair though, his knees are screwed :(

UK Blue
September 7th, 2009, 4:29 PM
Wonder who has been to the most stadiums out of us lot? I don't expect it's me for a second, think I've done about 30/40 though. Might count them up in a minute for a laff.

BBF
September 7th, 2009, 4:31 PM
I reckon I've done about 60 but some of those are some absolute shitholes. Leigh RMI and stuff like that during the conference years.

I'll work it out soon.

Beefy
September 7th, 2009, 4:40 PM
My score is pathetic. About 25-30, I think.

connorboy
September 7th, 2009, 4:42 PM
I've been to 7 which is really a shameful amount

Wembley
White Hart Lane
Highbury
Emirates
The Valley
Roots Hall
Upton Park
Brisbane Road

UK Blue
September 7th, 2009, 4:56 PM
Wembley
Highbury
Villa Park
St Andrews
Stamford Bridge
Craven Cottege
Old Trafford
Fratton Park
White Hart Lane
JJB Stadium
Molineux
Highfield Road (old Coventry)
Selhurst Park
Pride Park
Walkers Stadium
Loftus Road
Elm Park (old Reading)
Madjeski Stadium
Vicarage Road
The Valley
Priestfield Stadium (Gillingham)
Elland Road
Roots Hall (Southend)
St Mary's
County Ground (Swindon)
Pirelli Stadium (Burton)
Manor Ground (old Oxford)
Perrys Crabble Stadium (Dover)
West Leigh Park (Havant & Waterlooville)
Kingsmeadow Stadium (Kingstonian)
Wessex Stadium (Weymouth)
Kingfield Stadium (Woking)

Only 32, it seems. Several of them more than once though :\

Beefy
September 7th, 2009, 5:02 PM
Just checked. Mine is 28, but only if you count both Wembleys.

London Road
The Victoria Ground (Stoke)
The Dell
St. Marys
Highbury
Upton Park
White Hart Lane
Stamford Bridge
Portman Road
The Valley
The Liberty Stadium
Griffin Park
Brisbane Road
Underhill
Wembley Old
Wembley New
The McCain Stadium (Scarborough)
Park Lane (Canvey)
Villa Park
Dean Court
Roots Hall
Victoria Ground (Dagenham)
Melbourne Stadium (Chelmsford)
Priestfield
Craven Cottage
Loftus Road
Selhurst Park
Pride Park.

Been to several of those several times though. Five trips to Orient, three to Barnet, three to Charlton, three to Ipswich.

I've been inside the Bernabau and the Olypic Stadium in Munich too but not on matchday.

UK Blue
September 7th, 2009, 5:09 PM
Just realised I missed out Roots Hall, of all places. 32!

Red Dog
September 7th, 2009, 5:13 PM

There is an application on facebook that you can use for this. Its pretty good. Based on actual matches and not just stadium tours. Thats the criteria that we used.

I'm older than all you lot though. Most of these were done when I was 16-20 when it was fairly cheap, compared to now.

connorboy
September 7th, 2009, 5:15 PM
If were not doing tours you can drop Upton Park from my list, but I did go to the old Wembley

Andy
September 7th, 2009, 5:33 PM
Highbury
Emirates
Old Wembley
Vicarage Road
Keepmoat Stadium
St James Park
Stadium of Light
Brunton Park
St Andrew's
Hampden Park
Easter Road
Pittodrie
Tynecastle
East End Park
Stark's Park
Underhill

16 :\

MichaelC
September 7th, 2009, 5:34 PM
Firhill
Balmoor
Dunterlie Park (and a whole host of junior grounds for randoms)
Hampden
Nou Camp

But then, I've not the finances to fund cross country journies, ever.

BBF
September 7th, 2009, 6:00 PM
53/92 for me plus loads of non league.

UK Blue
September 7th, 2009, 6:09 PM
That's pretty impressive.

There are loads I should have been to but for some reason haven't. Like Upton Park. How the hell have I never been there? The Emirates Stadium too. I'd love to go to Anfield but our games away at Liverpool always seem to be midweek, that makes it a bit awkward.

MichaelC
September 7th, 2009, 6:18 PM
I plan to visit every stadium in Britain at some point. When I have money.

Then I can met folk at their games, then afterwards they can be drunk under the table, or whatever goes for after game entertainment.

BBF
September 7th, 2009, 6:19 PM
Its actually 51. 2 of those were old grounds in MK Dons and....someone else who escapes me at the moment.

Red Dog
September 7th, 2009, 6:22 PM
Its actually 51. 2 of those were old grounds in MK Dons and....someone else who escapes me at the moment.
I count old and new grounds as one. For example I've been to the Baseball ground and Pride Park but I'd just count that as 1.

Torn
September 7th, 2009, 6:26 PM
I haven't been to many at all, I only started going to away games over the last few seasons. My dad never went to away games so I was never taken to any, it was always Griffin Park since I've been able to drive myself it's been different though, but it's only ever the local away games.

Griffin Park
Old Wembley
St Mary's (a few times)
City Ground (not to see Brentford though)
Madjeski
Adam's Park (Wycombe)
Dean Court (Bournemouth)
Recreation Ground (Aldershot)

BBF
September 7th, 2009, 6:28 PM
I count old and new grounds as one. For example I've been to the Baseball ground and Pride Park but I'd just count that as 1.

I've been to MK Don's old ground but not new. Count it?

MichaelC
September 7th, 2009, 6:32 PM
Have any of you lot been bored stiff at Arthurlie?

No?

I win then. Clearly.

Red Dog
September 7th, 2009, 6:33 PM
I've been to MK Don's old ground but not new. Count it?
Yeah I'd count the club not the ground I think thats what I was trying to say.

Red Dog
September 7th, 2009, 6:36 PM
I plan to visit every stadium in Britain at some point. When I have money.

Then I can met folk at their games, then afterwards they can be drunk under the table, or whatever goes for after game entertainment.
Yeah you need to come to the City Ground before 2018 when we have this new super stadium.

BBF
September 7th, 2009, 6:37 PM
Sweet. 53 then.

MichaelC
September 7th, 2009, 6:43 PM
So of all these grounds you've been to....

What was the most accomodating?
Which was the worst?

Which had best transport, worst?

And...

Which had the best HT snacks?

MichaelC
September 7th, 2009, 6:43 PM
Wonder who has been to the most stadiums out of us lot? I don't expect it's me for a second, think I've done about 30/40 though. Might count them up in a minute for a laff.

Yeah you need to come to the City Ground before 2018 when we have this new super stadium.

In 2018 I will be 32 and if I am still unemployed then I will be insane...

BBF
September 7th, 2009, 6:54 PM

Which was the worst?

And...

Bristol Rovers without doubt was the least accommodating. Our coached got bricks hurled at it before the game even started. Just a hostile place to visit.

The best was Forest Green. Everyone was happy and even after we beat them we were welcomed into their club house for cheap beer and football talk.

Best half time food is Shrewsbury. Their pies are amazing. Not Pukka Pies but HOME MADE ones. Beautiful. Some ground did Tomato soup which was lovely too but I can't remember where now.

Torn
September 7th, 2009, 6:58 PM

Which was the worst?

And...

As I can go through the grounds I've been to fairly easily:

Aldershot is properly shit. Half a terrace with the other half Aldershot fans seperated by a massive net, brilliant. Can't see anything down the other end of the ground. Their fans are bellends too.

Wycombe was nice, family club innit. Fairly souless and polite place to watch football though. Good view from behind the goal as we were at the back of the stand. Ran out of hot food at half time though, ridiculous scenes.

Bournemouth was mad. In the middle of a PARK. Massive car park next to the ground was great.

St Mary's is alright. Food is shite. Has BIG SCREENS at either end of the ground, crazy.

City Ground DOESN'T HAVE A PROPER SCOREBOARD. Sort it out Red Dog mate. Brilliant view from where I sat though.

Madejski is alright too. Easy to get to from where I live.

BBF
September 7th, 2009, 7:02 PM
Bournemouth is mental. Literally is in a park, much like St Albans ground.

MichaelC
September 7th, 2009, 7:04 PM
See the Peterhead chairman? Runs a pie making company. Offered a free pie to every Thistle fan who come up for the Playoff final.

When we won, he rescinded that offer. The bastard.

Red Dog
September 7th, 2009, 7:05 PM
City Ground DOESN'T HAVE A PROPER SCOREBOARD. Sort it out Red Dog mate. Brilliant view from where I sat though.

Yeah you are right. I tend to know what the score is anyway though, without having to check, so it doesn't really bother me. :\

Rotherham is the worst league ground I've been to off the top my head.

Bolton's old ground was a shithole as well.

MichaelC
September 7th, 2009, 7:05 PM
Bournemouth is mental. Literally is in a park, much like St Albans ground.

I want to go to see the Bournemouth one now.

Forest Green sounds like the place where after the game you can wind up discussing FA Cup matches from the 1950s for hours...

BBF
September 7th, 2009, 7:08 PM
No one here has been to Woking, have they?

http://www.conferencegrounds.co.uk/woking30.jpgThat is one of their stands.........

http://www.conferencegrounds.co.uk/woking32.jpgThats the other.

Mental. The contrast is crazy. They couldn't afford it either hence the crippling debt. Thats one thing I love about Barnet. We are one of the most secure clubs in the country, financially cos we don't spend stupidly.

Andy
September 7th, 2009, 7:10 PM
Shit I forgot Central Park. They do the best food I have ever had at a football ground in my life. Absolutely amazing. Their ground also doubles as a stockcar circuit.

Torn
September 7th, 2009, 7:11 PM
Yeah you are right. I tend to know what the score is anyway though, without having to check, so it doesn't really bother me. :\

Rotherham is the worst league ground I've been to off the top my head.

Bolton's old ground was a shithole as well.

:lol: fair point.

Gary J
September 7th, 2009, 7:28 PM
34 grounds for me

KC Stadium
Reebok
Craven Cottage
Old/New Wembley
Anfield
Glanford Park
Stamford Bridge
Withdean Stadium
Roots Hall
Stadium Of Light
Oakwell
Riverside
Millmoor
Bloomfield Road
St Andrews
Spotland
Villa Park
Deva Stadium
The Hawthorns
Loftus Road
St James Park
Galpharm Stadium
Hillsborough
The Darlington Arena
Blundell Park
Deepdale
Moss Rose
Valley Parade
Fratton Park
Victoria Park
Elland Road
Sincil Bank
Field Mill
Bramall Lane

Melv
September 7th, 2009, 7:43 PM
Shit I forgot Central Park. They do the best food I have ever had at a football ground in my life. Absolutely amazing. Their ground also doubles as a stockcar circuit.
You've obviously never been to Brechin. Completely unbiasedly I can say that it's the greatest food at a football ground I've been to.

MichaelC
September 7th, 2009, 8:18 PM
Does it still have the hedge?

Melv
September 7th, 2009, 8:28 PM
It does

MichaelC
September 7th, 2009, 8:35 PM
It is a nice hedge.

TraXX
September 8th, 2009, 3:20 AM
I'm officially going to the Naaaarwich game on the 19th, probably on my own but its another ground to tick off. How far walk from the station is it Traxx?

Not far at all. There's a pub on the opposite corner (accross the river) that is for away fans, AFAIK. The name completely escapes me at the mo.

I'll be in Wales that weekend, so I won't be able to make it.

Andy
September 8th, 2009, 4:27 AM
Going to the Allianz tomorrow :hyper:

Gary J
September 8th, 2009, 5:13 AM
Brian Little is now manager of Gainsborough Trinity. He deserves better than Gainsborough. He was a damn good Manager for us in a very tough time and he was a nice guy also maybe too nice.

JIJ
September 8th, 2009, 7:44 AM
Red Dog, your fans are shit.

They were an embarassment when they came down to LR.

Red Dog
September 8th, 2009, 7:53 AM
What the hell is that supposed to mean?!! Please elaborate.

Your team is shit. lol.

JIJ
September 8th, 2009, 8:25 AM
Barely made any noise and were incredibly ugly.

Red Dog
September 8th, 2009, 8:29 AM
You sound bitter.

JIJ
September 8th, 2009, 8:43 AM
I've no need to be, we are unbeaten at home.

Red Dog
September 8th, 2009, 8:53 AM
What did you get banned for?

JIJ
September 8th, 2009, 8:57 AM
Knowing too much.

Red Dog
September 8th, 2009, 9:06 AM
What did we play like?

JIJ
September 8th, 2009, 9:10 AM
Pretty shit. We were much the better team, as always. We dominated possession but just lacked the cutting edge. If we had've had a decent frontman it could've easily been 3/4-0 at HT.

MichaelC
September 8th, 2009, 9:12 AM
Going to the Allianz tomorrow :hyper:

Really? To see Bayern?

Brian Little is now manager of Gainsborough Trinity. He deserves better than Gainsborough. He was a damn good Manager for us in a very tough time and he was a nice guy also maybe too nice.

Well, he might do well for them then. Though he must be getting on a bit now.

At the start of the 2003/4 season he picked out York and Kidderminster to go down. And they did.

JIJ
September 8th, 2009, 9:13 AM
Bayern aren't playing tomorrow you mong.

Red Dog
September 8th, 2009, 9:26 AM
Pretty shit. We were much the better team, as always. We dominated possession but just lacked the cutting edge. If we had've had a decent frontman it could've easily been 3/4-0 at HT.
Good.

I like it when we get points we don't deserve.

MichaelC
September 8th, 2009, 9:36 AM
Bayern aren't playing tomorrow you mong.

It's a groundshared stadium, and Bayern use to own half of it. Ergo, is he going to the Allianz to see Bayern, as in their side.

Though subsequent checks show that Bayern actually bought out 1860s per cent and rooms in 2006. Now they just let 1860 play home games there.

So no need to get snarky, boyo.

Good.

I like it when we get points we don't deserve.

It is a great feeling to be fair.

Simon
September 8th, 2009, 9:57 AM
Barely made any noise and were incredibly ugly.

Sounds like when I climbed on your mum.

JIJ
September 8th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Hi Simon.

You have my attention.

Simon
September 8th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Hey hun.

N.E.R.F.
September 8th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Let's see. In some form of chronological order I think.

Highbury (x4 or 5 I think)
Chesham United - way back when they were in the Unibond Premier. Fuck knows where they are know.
Vicarage Road (x3 - twice home end, once away)
Loftus Road (too many to remember - I have Chris Kiwomya's autograph :hyper:!)
Wembley (old)
Adams Park (Wycombe)
Millenium Stadium
Emirates (think I've been to 15-20 games counting the Emirates pre-season doubleheaders as one)

Shite and very localised but hopefully this season I'll add at least two to that list.

Beefy
September 8th, 2009, 12:32 PM
How the fuck did I forget the MillStad? I've seen us play two cup finals there!

ruudjase
September 8th, 2009, 12:43 PM
I beat you all

Portman Road - Ipswich (x80???)
Carrow Road - Norwich
Layer Road - Colchester
Abbey Stadium - Cambridge
Upton Park - West Ham (x3)
Loftus Road - QPR
The New Den - Millwall
Vicarage Road - Watford(x2)
Madejski Stadium - Reading
Britainnia Statium - Stoke
Ninion Park - Cardiff
St. Andrews - Birmingham
The Hawthorns - WBA
Molineux - Wolves
Bescott Stadium - Walssall
City Ground - Nottingham Forest (x2)
Walkers Stadium - Leicester(x2)
Brammell Lane - Sheff UTD
Turf Moor - Burnley
JJB Stadium - Wigan
Highfield Road - Coventry
Millmoor - Rotherham
Selhurst Park - Crystal Palace
Kenilworth Road - Luton
New Wembley - England v Brazil

All during the Joe Royle era :)

BBF
September 8th, 2009, 12:54 PM
25 isn't higher than 53, mate.

UK Blue
September 8th, 2009, 1:00 PM
He's counting Ipswich x 80.

In which case I'll count Pompey x 450 (approx) :D

BBF
September 8th, 2009, 1:01 PM
Oh fuck that then. My list is plus Barnet (500 approx) then.

Torn
September 8th, 2009, 1:07 PM
I beat you all

Yes because we've all only been to our team's home ground once :lol:

UK Blue
September 8th, 2009, 1:10 PM
I don't believe you've seen 500 games at the Underhill, BBF. Not at the age of 21.

Unless you've been to every game since you were about three-years-old, which is possible I suppose.

N.E.R.F.
September 8th, 2009, 1:12 PM
Does everyone get a programme every game they go to? I never used to - only got about five between the ages of 0-20 but have got one for every match I've been to since about 2003. Got a bit of catching up to do :(

BBF
September 8th, 2009, 1:14 PM
OK, 500 was a slight exaggeration. First game was in 1994. Went 4 seasons now stop. And quite a few for the majority. Probably nearer 250-300.

UK Blue
September 8th, 2009, 1:14 PM
Never buy programmes anymore. Only at Wembley.

Torn
September 8th, 2009, 1:21 PM
I never get a programme anymore, waste of £2.50 that I could spend on FOOD.

BBF
September 8th, 2009, 1:23 PM
Yeah I haven't got a programme for 3 years or so now. Thats a pie or a pint nowadays.

N.E.R.F.
September 8th, 2009, 1:25 PM
See that was my logic back in the day. Much rather have had chips then cadged my mate's programme. Now I'm watching my figure ;) and earning a decent enough wage so why not. Maybe one of the games I go to will be significant in some way and then years down the line $$$$$$$ on eBay :D

1_Pablo_Angel
September 8th, 2009, 1:31 PM
Fanzines are actually worth reading and less than half the price of a programme.

BBF
September 8th, 2009, 1:32 PM
We haven't had a fanzine for about 10 years :(

I had an article in the United fanzine when we played them a couple of years back. :yes:

Melv
September 8th, 2009, 1:33 PM
I used to write a piece for the Brechin City programme, so I bought one at every home game for a good few seasons.

It was quite good fun actually, one year I got to phone up the players and have a predictions contest with them on the league's scores. I won over the season :cool:

connorboy
September 8th, 2009, 1:42 PM
I'll usually put £3 aside for one as I quite like Charltons one, lots of articles about the history of the club and whatnot. Still think £3 is steep though

BBF
September 8th, 2009, 1:50 PM
Ours went up to £3 this year which is a massive rip off for a team that apparently plays in 'The Cocoa Cola League Two'

connorboy
September 8th, 2009, 1:57 PM
Chocolate Cola. Niiiiice

£2.70 for a bloody chicken curry pie on Saturday and it fell aprt when I tried to eat it so I singed my fingers on molten curry sauce. At Orient they gave me a fork and it was 20p cheaper...

MichaelC
September 8th, 2009, 2:01 PM
I never get a programme anymore, waste of £2.50 that I could spend on FOOD.

Never bought a programme. Glanced over one once and it looked a bit dull and expensive.

Besides, I already put the money in the begging bowl.

Chocolate Cola. Niiiiice

£2.70 for a bloody chicken curry pie on Saturday and it fell aprt when I tried to eat it so I singed my fingers on molten curry sauce. At Orient they gave me a fork and it was 20p cheaper...

At Firhill the pie it was £2 for the pie and drink.

But apparently it was more expensive in the away end...

Red Dog
September 8th, 2009, 2:06 PM
I tend to buy one for the first home game of the season I go to and leave it at that.

Can you lads clear something up for me please?

I posted this in the Spurs thread and I have received a negative rep because of it and I can't understand why.

Ok, Spurs fans that arn't twats.....

Any rumours your end of Gareth Bale to Forest on loan? I've heard it from more than one person now.

Can anyone shed any light please?

I'm baffled.

connorboy
September 8th, 2009, 2:12 PM
I'm stumped. However your question does appeal to very few people

Torn
September 8th, 2009, 2:15 PM
Maybe you just have a very neg-repabble face.

Red Dog
September 8th, 2009, 2:18 PM
All I want to know is if there have been rumours about Gareth Bale coming to Forest on the Spurs boards.

MichaelC
September 8th, 2009, 2:19 PM
I tend to buy one for the first home game of the season I go to and leave it at that.

Can you lads clear something up for me please?

I posted this in the Spurs thread and I have received a negative rep because of it and I can't understand why.

Can anyone shed any light please?

I'm baffled.

Was the neg repper either a character in the Bible, or a character in the Inbetweeners per chance?

ANd..

http://www.tribalfootball.com/nottingham-forest-chasing-spurs-fullback-bale-272821

It's also on 606 and various message places, but nowhere legit yet...

Torn
September 8th, 2009, 2:20 PM
We need BEN and Dragon1 to get to the bottom of this.

Red Dog
September 8th, 2009, 2:25 PM
Isn't football and life in general so much better when the transfer window is open?

1_Pablo_Angel
September 8th, 2009, 2:52 PM
Not if Martin O'Neil is your manager.

MichaelC
September 8th, 2009, 3:44 PM
Or if yer Thistle.

People sign all our best players from us...

Torn
September 8th, 2009, 6:02 PM
The window being shut means I don't have to worry about someone nicking Ryan Dickson off us. So it's all good.

Red Dog
September 9th, 2009, 4:06 PM
I'm glad everyone agrees with me.

RFF Champ
September 11th, 2009, 7:14 AM
4 of the next 7 Newcastle away games are scheduled for TV. It's stupid because it means the kick off times are a pain for most fans. Decent money though I suppose.

RFF Champ
September 11th, 2009, 7:29 AM
Appaz Craig Cathcart was set to sign permanently but he failed his medical so was sent back. Which means Chris Hughton is trying to get Bent Arry to lend some defenders.

Torn
September 12th, 2009, 8:15 AM
Ameobi got player of the month, HOW DID CHOPS NOT GET IT

Lloyd Sam in League One, he has been fucking amazing and obviously destroyed us last week

And for BBF, YAKUBU of Barnet won it for League Two :yes:

BBF
September 12th, 2009, 8:17 AM
Yeah he did. He's earned it. Seems to have matured and grown a lot this season after he flopped horribly as captain.

MichaelC
September 12th, 2009, 8:18 AM
Chops is saving it for the month after his hattrick vs Newcastle, clearly!

Torn
September 12th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Fantastic point away at Huddersfield today, well pleased with the clean sheet.

Beefy
September 12th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Yeah, good result, that.

BBF
September 12th, 2009, 12:04 PM
I wanted 7 points from our next 4 games.

1 away to Macc will do for now but we've got Bradford (home), Rotherham (away) and Daggers (home) next followed by Charlton in the JPT. I fear we might 'do a Barnet' here and fall away a little bit.

connorboy
September 12th, 2009, 2:26 PM
Didin't go, but still top of the league. Happy with the result as Pardew always does well against his former sides, bring on Norwich on Saturday!

MichaelC
September 12th, 2009, 3:08 PM
Brentford had a good result today. Barnet continued a good run.

Surprised at how slow Southampton have started to be honest.

1_Pablo_Angel
September 12th, 2009, 6:54 PM
Who else is looking forward to the FL show more than the Prem highlights?

BBF
September 12th, 2009, 6:58 PM
I do every week!

1_Pablo_Angel
September 12th, 2009, 7:03 PM
All the premiership does is annoy me but I find it impossible to gain any real attachment to Walsall!!! Annoying.

I love Villa but fucking hate nearly everything else about top flight football. Such a grumpy old man lol

Torn
September 12th, 2009, 8:23 PM
Well have you been to see Walsall yet? That'll help like.

Some random Palace fan on THE TEXTS fucking Palace off because they lost 4-0 and says they are becoming a Brentford fan :lol: what a glory hunting bellend :shifty:

Torn
September 12th, 2009, 8:26 PM
What good play by KABBA there for us, properly awful effort by Taylor though :nono:

1_Pablo_Angel
September 12th, 2009, 8:30 PM
Well have you been to see Walsall yet? That'll help like.

Some random Palace fan on THE TEXTS fucking Palace off because they lost 4-0 and says they are becoming a Brentford fan :lol: what a glory hunting bellend :shifty:

My plan to support walsall half time was when I expected to get a Monday to Friday job. As it is I have shift work, which I try to arrange round Villa games :\

I am stil trying to pick up the results and stuff though. Cracking match today :yes:

Torn
September 12th, 2009, 8:38 PM
Do you work evenings, you could always try and get to a Tuesday night game?

Barnes is definitely going to get sacked soon. Awful performance from him, they along with Darlington are the teams to bet against at the moment

LEE HUGHES hat trick coming up :hyper: Also Benson's goal was a stunner APPAZ

1_Pablo_Angel
September 12th, 2009, 8:41 PM
my shifts are all over mate. Either 7.30-4, 9.30-8, 11.30-8, 11-7... blah blah blah. Annoying as fuck. Luckily my manager loves me so i should be able to blag stuff but it's a bit early to br doing that since I've only been there 6 weeks ;)

1_Pablo_Angel
September 12th, 2009, 8:42 PM
for now, i rely on you for my walsall news. plus the walsall FC website lol.

I promise, you wil be handsomely rewarded.

With the gift of ONLINE friendship :heart:

Torn
September 13th, 2009, 8:55 AM
CHOPS is going to destroy Newcastle here. Come on mate.

BBF
September 13th, 2009, 8:56 AM
I hope Chopra runs into the post and knocks himself out for about 9 months or so.

Torn
September 13th, 2009, 8:57 AM
I will kick you in the liver.

Ringo
September 13th, 2009, 8:57 AM
Watch Alan Smith score 5 here.

BBF
September 13th, 2009, 8:58 AM
:lol: Brilliant. :lol:

TraXX
September 13th, 2009, 8:59 AM
"Your lungs, he'll punch out!"

BBF
September 13th, 2009, 9:01 AM
I will kick you in the liver.

I still prefer my 'I'll punch you in the throat' but I'll be using that one in the future along with 'I'll stab you in the temple' for thing that really rile me up.

TraXX
September 13th, 2009, 9:25 AM
A David Marshall goalkeeping error? Never!

:lol:

MichaelC
September 13th, 2009, 9:41 AM
Kicks in the liver and punches in the throat.

It gets really violent in here at times.

connorboy
September 13th, 2009, 9:45 AM
RED DOG - Watched the FL show this morning, that Paul Anderson looks class. Is he the one from Liverpool?

Hulkamaniac
September 13th, 2009, 9:47 AM
This has been all Cardiff while I've been watching.

Hulkamaniac
September 13th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Fuck knows how Cardiff have lost this one.

Hulkamaniac
September 13th, 2009, 10:56 AM
What have Cardiff REPEATEDLY taken free-kicks with a little roll of the ball? Every single one of them has been charged down. Just kick the ball from the fucking spot. Its not that hard to kick a stationary ball.

BBF
September 13th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Chopra is a spastic. He can't take a normal freekick.

StevieV
September 13th, 2009, 11:07 AM
So I went to a football league match yesterday.

I work for a minor sponsor of Aldershot, so work sorted out a directors box ticket for me.

Sitting in the directors box is shit. No atmosphere. Not many of them seem to care at all and i had to wear trousers and a shirt.

I left the box at half time to stand with the Aldershot fans who to be fair to them were really lively throughout. It was kids for a quid day which i think certainly boosted the attendance and the atmosphere.

The game ended 1-1 between Aldershot and Port Vale. Both sides had spells of decent football and I really enjoyed watching the game despite the fact it wasn't exactly end to end.

I'll certainly be taking the work season ticket again in the future. Never going near the directors box again though. Oh except for the Notts County game later this year. The firm are match sponsors for that one and if he's still there i'll see Sven.

1_Pablo_Angel
September 13th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Lazurus is a man of the people.

Hulkamaniac
September 13th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Stevie V.

MichaelC
September 13th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Good for him.

Red Dog
September 13th, 2009, 11:57 AM
RED DOG - Watched the FL show this morning, that Paul Anderson looks class. Is he the one from Liverpool?
Yeah he is really fast. If he can sort out his final ball he could be a great signing.

Red Dog
September 14th, 2009, 8:37 AM
Adebayor's celebration was arguably worse than Tyson's. I hope they get the same punishment.

Also where on earth is son of foley???

BBF
September 14th, 2009, 8:39 AM
He died.

Red Dog
September 14th, 2009, 8:48 AM
Shit.

JIJ
September 14th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Missed the QPR game on Saturday as I was working but going tomorrow night against Palace.

Two out of form sides, it will be 0-0.

N.E.R.F.
September 14th, 2009, 2:17 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2009/09/carl_baker_and_stockport_an_ex.html#138740

Article on Stockport's away fans - possibly the kindest in the country?

Torn
September 14th, 2009, 2:18 PM
I read that earlier, emotional stuff. Baker must be going through a terrible time, lovely gesture by the Stockport fans.

MK Dons vs Norwich is on Sky in half an hour, excellent

UK Blue
September 14th, 2009, 2:24 PM
MON THE HOLT

Torn
September 14th, 2009, 2:32 PM
Puncheon and JABO IBHERE are going to destroy Norwich. Maybe. I'm glad we played them when they were shit as Lambert seems to have completely changed the team around.

StevieV
September 14th, 2009, 2:36 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2009/09/carl_baker_and_stockport_an_ex.html#138740

Article on Stockport's away fans - possibly the kindest in the country?

That's a great piece. I love when there is stuff like this in football. It transcends all the petty shit that we make ourselves care about as football fans. :yes:

Torn
September 14th, 2009, 2:39 PM
500k for Grant Holt ffs didn't know it was that much :lol: I don't quite think he's worth 25 Charlie MacDonalds.

Torn
September 14th, 2009, 2:42 PM
Ahahah DARREN POWELL playing in central defence for MK Dons brilliant. We had him at the end of the last year and he got sent off for punching Osborne, one of our own players.

JIJ
September 14th, 2009, 2:46 PM
Oh god lads I just read that Stockport thing.

I'm in tears here.

Torn
September 14th, 2009, 2:48 PM
GOAL Martin after 17 seconds ffs :lol:

N.E.R.F.
September 14th, 2009, 3:09 PM
Paul McShane on. Everybody lump on MK Dons to win!

Gary J
September 14th, 2009, 3:10 PM
Adebayor's celebration was arguably worse than Tyson's. I hope they get the same punishment.

Also where on earth is son of foley???

I don't think there was anything wrong with Adebayotrs celebration or Tyson's for that matter.

Fans are so sensitive i mean i'm sure Adebayor got tons of abuse last season from Arsenal fans last season and he slides on his knees on front of them and it's so offensive to them. Maybe he should gone up to them called some of them Black Cunts or sang a song about their dad being squashed by an elephant.

JIJ
September 14th, 2009, 3:19 PM
Adebayor shouldn't have done it.

The Arsenal fans shouldn't have reacted.

StevieV
September 14th, 2009, 3:21 PM
Adebayor shouldn't have done it.

The Arsenal fans shouldn't have reacted.

:yes:

Players are pros who should know dickhead fans react but invariably dickheads like Adebayor exist.

Fans shouldn't been fucking dickheads but invariably in a crowd of 40,000 there certainly are lots to be fair.

Torn
September 14th, 2009, 4:03 PM
Oustanding free kick from PUNCHEON, beautiful strike.

N.E.R.F.
September 14th, 2009, 4:04 PM
Cracking yeah. Norwich are falling apart, is Darren Anderton their physio?

UK Blue
September 14th, 2009, 4:22 PM
I wish Holt would hurry up and score :grumpy:

Torn
September 14th, 2009, 4:23 PM
OOF rash from Martin.

I wish Holt would hurry up and score :grumpy:

Not gonna happen :)

UK Blue
September 14th, 2009, 4:37 PM
I'm putting Holt on the transfer list.

connorboy
September 14th, 2009, 4:55 PM
Cheers McDons for injuring half of Norwich's team in time for Saturday!

Red Dog
September 14th, 2009, 5:04 PM
I don't think there was anything wrong with Adebayotrs celebration or Tyson's for that matter.

Fans are so sensitive i mean i'm sure Adebayor got tons of abuse last season from Arsenal fans last season and he slides on his knees on front of them and it's so offensive to them. Maybe he should gone up to them called some of them Black Cunts or sang a song about their dad being squashed by an elephant.
Yeah I think both were fine to be honest and they only got the media attention because of the mardy reactions - Arsenal fans and Derby players. I like players who show a bit of passion.

When Savage did it last year no-one knew or cared because Forest players and fans had the dignity to leave them to it and not start crying like 5 year olds.

ps, £33 to go and watch Ipswich away on a tuesday night - fuck that!

And here is an interesting stat - our last 4 games (including a behind closed doors game v Villa) are all against ex players as managers - Brian Laws, Nigel Clough, Roy Keane and Martin O Neil. Plus assistants like Crosby and Robertson. Interesting eh?

pps. Torn's name should be changed to Grant.

JIJ
September 14th, 2009, 6:52 PM
Didn't Savage wave the scarf in front of his own fans though?

Big difference.

Red Dog
September 15th, 2009, 4:48 AM
The stand that has away fans in has home fans in the upper tier.

So, no. Unless they all had their eyes shut. And all the Forest fans on his way back to the tunnel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqu_IDkclgI&feature=player_embedded

TraXX
September 15th, 2009, 4:58 AM
Rubbish match. The referee was abysmal. We could see it wasn't a penalty from the other side of the ground.

Luke Chadwick is an ugly ugly cunt. The game changed with Hughes and Drury going off injured.

What a waste of time it was going to the 'fabulous' Stadium MK. They really need to think about putting some sides on it. I'm sure there's some spare Meccano pieces lying around somewhere.

Red Dog
September 15th, 2009, 4:05 PM
If anyone can explain, other than a personal grudge, why our top scorer last season and arguably best player is on the bench again I'd be grateful......

Red Dog
September 15th, 2009, 4:08 PM
Just as I posted that, he scores. Fucking play him every week Billy :mad:

U REDS

Robert Earnshaw is a red, is a red, is a red
Robert Earnshaw is a red, he hates Derby.

connorboy
September 15th, 2009, 5:06 PM
Rubbish match. The referee was abysmal. We could see it wasn't a penalty from the other side of the ground.

Luke Chadwick is an ugly ugly cunt. The game changed with Hughes and Drury going off injured.

What a waste of time it was going to the 'fabulous' Stadium MK. They really need to think about putting some sides on it. I'm sure there's some spare Meccano pieces lying around somewhere.

What pies will Delia have on on Saturday? Heard you do a beef and red wine gravy one, sounds delish :yum:

son_of_foley
September 16th, 2009, 5:56 AM
Can't stay long busy in work. Just got back from a couple of weeks hols and all that.

1) Savage had 1 area of fans he could celebrate in front of. That was the derby fans who gave him the scarf in the first place. He could celebrate with his own fans without celebrating in front of some of your 'fans'.

Tyson didn't have that issue it was his home stadium and he had 3 other sides he could've easily gone to but he made a point of going to the derby fans. Don't try and change that fact.

Also a lot of you did cry about the Savage thing. We can't say for sure if you did as you weren't posting

2) You beat a team who finished a handful of places above you last season at home by 1 goal after spending 5-6m on players in the summer. You celebrate it like the beach landings. Small time attitude lads

Also you're still below us in the table despite all that and we've been bollocks.

3) Derby are shite so far this year and it's quite annoying. Dickov and Hendrie. Marquee signings there lads well done. 4m for Rob Hulse I can understand why they took it especially as they had Vokes lined up to come in as a replacement but why was Vokes lined up as a loan? What the frig is happening with the money then. We need some real striker in on loan. Dickov isn't match fit and isn't sharp enough and Porter, Davies and Barnes are all injured.

Red Dog
September 16th, 2009, 6:50 AM
Can't stay long busy in work. Just got back from a couple of weeks hols and all that.

1) Savage had 1 area of fans he could celebrate in front of. That was the derby fans who gave him the scarf in the first place. He could celebrate with his own fans without celebrating in front of some of your 'fans'.

Tyson didn't have that issue it was his home stadium and he had 3 other sides he could've easily gone to but he made a point of going to the derby fans. Don't try and change that fact.

Also a lot of you did cry about the Savage thing. We can't say for sure if you did as you weren't posting

2) You beat a team who finished a handful of places above you last season at home by 1 goal after spending 5-6m on players in the summer. You celebrate it like the beach landings. Small time attitude lads

Also you're still below us in the table despite all that and we've been bollocks.

3) Derby are shite so far this year and it's quite annoying. Dickov and Hendrie. Marquee signings there lads well done. 4m for Rob Hulse I can understand why they took it especially as they had Vokes lined up to come in as a replacement but why was Vokes lined up as a loan? What the frig is happening with the money then. We need some real striker in on loan. Dickov isn't match fit and isn't sharp enough and Porter, Davies and Barnes are all injured.
Welcome back!

1. What you and Mr Savage appear to be missing is that the Bridgford end is 50/50 home and away fans.

Therefore whoever waves a flag or scarf in front of it is doing it at both sets of fans. This is a fact.

Obviously Forest fans moaned in the pubs and message boards about Savage as is our perogative. What I meant was that the players didn't try to headbutt him or fans go mad (Like Arsenal fans). Fair play to your fans in that respect but your players, mainly Leacock and Teale, were a disgrace.

2. We havent beat you for 6 years and its the first time we have won the Brian Clough Trophy so yeah it is a big deal! I will happily admit that. You are ahead of us but your run of games has been much easier, in my opinion.

3. 3-2. Haha.

TraXX
September 16th, 2009, 8:13 AM
Huckerby's retired due to his recuring hip problems. Absolute legend for Norwich.

:cry:

BBF
September 16th, 2009, 8:16 AM
And England, of course.

TraXX
September 16th, 2009, 8:17 AM
Well, I assumed that was a given. :p

Torn
September 16th, 2009, 8:33 AM
SOF'S BACK I'm glad he didn't kill himself, as was widely rumoured.

Hulkamaniac
September 16th, 2009, 5:17 PM
Unlucky Newcastle. Wonder if any of them will be jumping off the Pepsi Max tonight.

Red Dog
September 17th, 2009, 5:59 AM
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Villa-kid-Albrighton-heads-for-Forest-on-loan-article160491.html

Martin O'Neill is set to help out former club Nottingham Forest by loaning them highly-rated winger Marc Albrighton.
Aston Villa boss O’Neill was in talks with Forest last night over a deal to send Albrighton to the City Ground for a month.
Albrighton, 19, is considered one for the future by O’Neill after impressing in Villa’s Peace Cup tournament in pre-season.

Villa fans? Any good?

JIJ
September 17th, 2009, 8:44 AM
2) You beat a team who finished a handful of places above you last season at home by 1 goal after spending 5-6m on players in the summer. You celebrate it like the beach landings. Small time attitude lads.

You were doing well up to this point.

Pathetic.

son_of_foley
September 17th, 2009, 8:54 AM
I was engaging him with the sort of comment fans of rival teams normally use to each other. There's no real ill feeling and I understand really why they are celebrating. It's been a long time since they beat us and we humbled them twice at their own ground in a short period of time last year.

Maybe don't take these things so seriously in future.

JIJ
September 17th, 2009, 8:57 AM
Oh right ok.

God I feel stupid.

son_of_foley
September 17th, 2009, 8:59 AM
That's alright man. Just try not to obsess so much.

Gary J
September 17th, 2009, 2:10 PM
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Villa-kid-Albrighton-heads-for-Forest-on-loan-article160491.html

Martin O'Neill is set to help out former club Nottingham Forest by loaning them highly-rated winger Marc Albrighton.
Aston Villa boss O’Neill was in talks with Forest last night over a deal to send Albrighton to the City Ground for a month.
Albrighton, 19, is considered one for the future by O’Neill after impressing in Villa’s Peace Cup tournament in pre-season.

Villa fans? Any good?

Albrighton looked good in the peace cup (i think it was the peace cup). One of the Villa fans posted a stream to the game anyway.

Red Dog
September 17th, 2009, 6:42 PM
Gary J > Villa fans.

Andy
September 17th, 2009, 6:49 PM
Apparently a lot of Championship clubs are asking us about a price for Jay Simpson. He'll move on for around a million I'd guess. He's nearly 21 and already behind Vela on the fringes of the team. I'm guessing we'll get Chamakh in the summer anyway.

son_of_foley
September 18th, 2009, 3:49 AM
I bet you bloody Freddie Sears scores tommorow. Bastard. The legend of EZMAN remains

son_of_foley
September 18th, 2009, 4:07 AM
DERBY County are close to completing a loan deal for Everton's exciting young striker, James Vaughan.

The Rams look to have beaten off competition from Middlesbrough for the 21-year-old, who could sign today and be involved against Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park tomorrow.

The loan would run until January.

Vaughan, a pacy forward who attracted interest from Newcastle United in the summer, has found first-team opportunities limited this season as Everton have mainly played with one striker.

OHHHH this would be a nice move for us. I rate him very highly

JIJ
September 18th, 2009, 4:13 AM
Apparently a lot of Championship clubs are asking us about a price for Jay Simpson. He'll move on for around a million I'd guess. He's nearly 21 and already behind Vela on the fringes of the team. I'm guessing we'll get Chamakh in the summer anyway.

I dunno why he's been poo so far.

Red Dog
September 18th, 2009, 5:54 AM
DERBY County are close to completing a loan deal for Everton's exciting young striker, James Vaughan.

The Rams look to have beaten off competition from Middlesbrough for the 21-year-old, who could sign today and be involved against Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park tomorrow.

The loan would run until January.

Vaughan, a pacy forward who attracted interest from Newcastle United in the summer, has found first-team opportunities limited this season as Everton have mainly played with one striker.

OHHHH this would be a nice move for us. I rate him very highly
Non league Nigel was at Liverpool v Man Utd reserves last night.

Just thought you might like to know.

son_of_foley
September 18th, 2009, 6:06 AM
Yeah hoping he was looking at Darby for a short-term loan but it could've been for a backup keeper.

I would think he's happy with

CB,LB,RW, Upfront (with Vaughan in)

Leaving GK,RB,CM,LW that could be improved. Though CM might be ok if he decides to stick with Livermore but Green is now out for a bit.

Red Dog
September 18th, 2009, 6:23 AM
I registered on Popside the other day and the tide is certainly turning against the "Son of God" isn't it?

I haven't even got the heart to start posting on there :cry:

son_of_foley
September 18th, 2009, 6:30 AM
Nah the tide hasn't turned. Theres just a collection of the usual miserable shites that most clubs have. I know you lot have numbers who are against Davies. They pick on stupid things when the team is winning and when they are losing they are everywhere.

Unfortunately he's probably got 4 or 5 games to show somehting positive or some idiots will start jumping on the bandwagon. Sacking him would be the single stupidest thing to the club could ever do.

JamieB
September 18th, 2009, 6:39 AM
I bet you bloody Freddie Sears scores tommorow. Bastard. The legend of EZMAN remains

He has a bad ankle and almost certainly won't play

son_of_foley
September 18th, 2009, 6:41 AM
Please don't beat us.

Red Dog
September 18th, 2009, 6:53 AM
Nah the tide hasn't turned. Theres just a collection of the usual miserable shites that most clubs have. I know you lot have numbers who are against Davies. They pick on stupid things when the team is winning and when they are losing they are everywhere.

Unfortunately he's probably got 4 or 5 games to show somehting positive or some idiots will start jumping on the bandwagon. Sacking him would be the single stupidest thing to the club could ever do.
Some people were against Davies from the start.

Had his Dad been "Brian Davies - winner of the league title" then I would have expected more patience.

My main gripe with him is playing Earnshaw in ONE out of SEVEN matches. It's clearly personal.

JamieB
September 18th, 2009, 6:54 AM
We lost 4-0 to Scunthorpe last week.....I am not sure we could take another home defeat

son_of_foley
September 18th, 2009, 6:58 AM
Some people were against Davies from the start.

Had his Dad been "Brian Davies - winner of the league title" then I would have expected more patience.

My main gripe with him is playing Earnshaw in ONE out of SEVEN matches. It's clearly personal.

I would've thought with his dad being satan and you lot being devil-worshiping perverts he might've been given a bit of time

Red Dog
September 18th, 2009, 7:04 AM
I would've thought with his dad being satan and you lot being devil-worshiping perverts he might've been given a bit of time
:nuts:

http://www.independent.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00114/billy-davies_114609s.jpg

son_of_foley
September 18th, 2009, 7:23 AM
The lower half of his body is that of a goat.

Red Dog
September 18th, 2009, 7:47 AM
Sorry, I was dazzled by all those shiny things in the background.

Torn
September 18th, 2009, 8:26 AM
Whaley has gone to Rochdale on loan, he was actually alright when Norwich played us too.

son_of_foley
September 18th, 2009, 9:18 AM
Sorry, I was dazzled by all those shiny things in the background.

You're a forest fan I assumed you were blinded by the past

Red Dog
September 18th, 2009, 9:39 AM
Thats funny because yours and that other Derby fan's stock answer to everything appears to be "well we beat you last season, twice".

Andy
September 18th, 2009, 9:45 AM
:zzz:

son_of_foley
September 18th, 2009, 9:47 AM
Thats funny because yours and that other Derby fan's stock answer to everything appears to be "well we beat you last season, twice".

You're not very good at this. We're both supposed to change our arguments depending on which way the winds blowing. 3 weeks ago it was you havent beat us in so long blahblahblah now that you have you're living in the past because we are still above you. When you go above us, maybe this weekend it'll be complaining about the money you spent.

Surely you understand there's no logic to it

son_of_foley
September 18th, 2009, 9:51 AM
:zzz:

DAVID CLARKSON SUCKS