PDA

View Full Version : The Football League Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59

Red Dog
January 20th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Lads, knock it off please.

You are quite right, my behaviour in here was outrageous yesterday, I dont know what came over me.

RFF Champ
January 21st, 2013, 5:52 AM
Not sure if I've mentioned it yet, but I'm not Lee Clark's biggest fan.

We score a ridiculous amount of late equalisers though.

Found it a bit odd that he left Zigic, King and Lovenkrands on the bench to play Hall up front alone but Blues fans don't seem to truly recognise the scale of the club's plight. He had to let a player on a month-to-month contract go because they can't afford his wages and the squad is filled with youngsters who would have been released under normal circumstances.

JP
January 21st, 2013, 6:26 AM
Trust me bab, we're under no illusions about how dire the situation is.

If we weren't speaking to potential buyers there would be some very hard questions to answer of how long the club could actually survive.

Simon
January 21st, 2013, 6:28 AM
Are we gonna beat you next week JP? And how is Nathan Redmond coming along?

RFF Champ
January 21st, 2013, 6:33 AM
Did you leave your fixture list at home Simon?

RFF Champ
January 21st, 2013, 6:40 AM
Trust me bab, we're under no illusions about how dire the situation is.

If we weren't speaking to potential buyers there would be some very hard questions to answer of how long the club could actually survive.

Isn't a sale out of the question until the owner sorts out his court case?

JP
January 21st, 2013, 7:20 AM
Isn't a sale out of the question until the owner sorts out his court case?

I don't believe so. It would be surprising if Gianni Paladini would have been negotiating to take us over for as long as he has if a deal couldn't be authorised.

Just got news that we're looking to get rid of King in the window. On a free, because of his wages. In all honesty, not that gutted as cheering through gritted teeth whenever somebody scores isn't that fun.

Simon
January 21st, 2013, 7:24 AM
Did you leave your fixture list at home Simon?
:eek: dunno why I thought Brum had gone through.

RFF Champ
January 21st, 2013, 8:09 AM
I don't believe so. It would be surprising if Gianni Paladini would have been negotiating to take us over for as long as he has if a deal couldn't be authorised.

Just got news that we're looking to get rid of King in the window. On a free, because of his wages. In all honesty, not that gutted as cheering through gritted teeth whenever somebody scores isn't that fun.

there's obviously something stopping Paladini though. The accounts are a big thing because they don't add up or whatever but Pannu has been dishing out all these 10 day ultimatums to Paladini and Paladini seems keen so the big sticking point must be related to the owner.

The King news, which can't come as a surprise to anyone, just goes to show how hard Clark's job is & how unfair all the stick he's receiving is. Redmond playing as a striker failed when King was injured, lose King and I think Blues are down.

I saw Jake Jervis scored on his debut in Turkey, that was an odd transfer.

JP
January 21st, 2013, 12:34 PM
The King news, which can't come as a surprise to anyone, just goes to show how hard Clark's job is & how unfair all the stick he's receiving is.

Sorry mate, not at all.

Houghton had to work with a weaker squad - it's amazing to think in terms of quality of players we actually improved over the summer - and play so many more games, and yet had us playing some very good football, built an incredible team spirit and got us withing a whisker of promotion.

Now, I accept that there aren't many managers around of Houghton's quality, but the difference has been shocking.

Jervis and his use of our strikers is the best example. Firstly, he genuinely has what could be described as a short term crisis when all our strikers are injured or suspended so he recalls Jervis from being on loan. Does he play him? Of course not, he sticks two midfielders up front. Understandably getting stick for this, when asked by a reporter why he's not playing the lad Clark answers by listing the clubs he's been on loan to, points out that none of them have wanted him permanently (which isn't true) and he wasn't good enough. Unsurprisingly, Jervis decides he might not want to play for such an inspiring figure and so ends up going to Turkey. Hey, we're in dire straights, at least he's off the wage book, right? Except we desperately need to shift King and Zigic, because of their wages. Now we're going to lose our best strikers and our potential back up has been driven away because Clark's man management skills are akin to the Child Catcher.

As I said before, I never used to unerstand why Huddersfield fans used to cal for his head when they were on that quite incredible unbeaten run. Now I fully understand.

RFF Champ
January 21st, 2013, 12:58 PM
Hughton's a much better manager but he had a better squad.

He had players like Fahey, Mutch, Myhill, Wood, N'daw. Clark has had to rely upon Hancox, Reilly and Packwood while struggling with injuries and the cloud around who else would be leaving and miserable attendances. He had to play Spector at right wing which goes to show how bad it is.

JP
January 21st, 2013, 2:58 PM
Hughton's a much better manager but he had a better squad.

He had players like Fahey, Mutch, Myhill, Wood, N'daw. Clark has had to rely upon Hancox, Reilly and Packwood while struggling with injuries and the cloud around who else would be leaving and miserable attendances. He had to play Spector at right wing which goes to show how bad it is.

Fahey is still a part of the club, his continued leave of absence is very puzzling.

Jordan Mutch was the only real loss as he will continue to improve and will end up being a good quality top level player. Butland for me is already better than Myhill, we only had Wood for half the season (it did puzzle me why we didn't continue the loan though, worth it just for the last minute winner at Brugge) and N'daw was solid but not much more.

You compare the players we lost to those who came in, the likes of Hayden Mullins, Peter Lovenkrands, Darren Ambrose, Ravael Morrison etc and on paper at least, we strengthened in the areas we needed to.

Bit mean on Spector there I think, while he's never going to set the world on fire he's a competent footballer, though I agree we have better players suited to right midfield. Elliot, Burke, Redmond, Hall, Morrison, to name five. And at no point have all of them been unavailable.

Silver lining with all of this is that at least we can see our youth development system is working pretty well.

JP
January 22nd, 2013, 8:05 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21126539

Birmingham City first-team players can leave St Andrew's

Birmingham City have confirmed to BBC WM that they are open to offers for any of their first-team players as they continue to battle financial problems.

Blues, lying 20th in the Championship, are looking to offload a number of players to reduce their wage bill. However, they denied reports that they are actively looking to sell top scorer Marlon King on a free transfer. The 32-year-old striker has 18 months remaining on his contract and is one of the higher earners at St Andrew's.

But the club have admitted that they are seeking fresh investment after failing to publish their financial figures for the last two years. A consortium fronted by former QPR chairman Gianni Paladini is believed to be interested in taking over the club. However, in the short-term, it appears that Birmingham need to sell some of their players in order to stabilise their finances.

One of those players to leave could be England goalkeeper Jack Butland, with Birmingham's management admitting that they had no control over his future.

Despite their financial struggles, last week manager Lee Clark said that they had rejected a £300,000 offer from Nottingham Forest for midfielder Chris Burke.

So apparently it's not just King, it's everyone. Barring something special, I think it's safe to assume we'll be playing our football in League 1 next season, provided we make it that far of course. I have to wonder though, if it's this bad why on Earth was Clark given permission to sign players when he took over, especially the level of players he did?

Also, £300,000 for Burke? Bloody Vultures. ;)

RFF Champ
January 24th, 2013, 6:50 AM
He made one signing with a transfer fee all summer, for 250k and two other permanents on free transfers. The club's accounts were witheld for about 2 years weren't they? I don't think this is a summer feast to winter famine story, it's been coming for a while.

JP
January 24th, 2013, 1:29 PM
Fully realise that mate, and while I'm far from happy with Clark this can't be put at his feet, the whole club is a shambles at the minute.

JP
January 26th, 2013, 1:40 PM
Hope springs eternal.

Red Dog
January 27th, 2013, 9:20 AM
This McLeish is a bit of alright isnt he. Fuck me, its exciting.

Grimario
January 28th, 2013, 1:39 AM
One for da_man, if he even cares...

Grella made his long awaited comeback on the weekend after a long period out with injury. Tore his calf muscle. Retired this afternoon.

connorboy
January 31st, 2013, 7:09 PM
Mental night at forest, first George Boyd fails and eye test now there loads of rumours the McLeish has resigned because of it!!

Torn
January 31st, 2013, 7:11 PM
Didn't see that one coming. Nor did Boyd.

da_man
January 31st, 2013, 7:13 PM
One for da_man, if he even cares...

Grella made his long awaited comeback on the weekend after a long period out with injury. Tore his calf muscle. Retired this afternoon.

Saw that. The guy took millions from our club in wages and contributed little but you can't help but feel sorry for him. Wouldn't wish his injuries on anybody.

Red Dog
January 31st, 2013, 7:16 PM
George Boyd has failed a medical at Forest because he cant see properly - despite playing 300 football matches.

connorboy
January 31st, 2013, 7:45 PM
Looks like Blackburn won't be getting DJ Campbell yet as they didnt get the paperwork through. What a joke

JP
January 31st, 2013, 7:46 PM
George Boyd has failed a medical at Forest because he cant see properly - despite playing 300 football matches.

Wonder how good he would be if he could see.

What a ridiculous reason to fail a medical. McLeish will get you guys promoted this season or next as long as he's not forced out.

Red Dog
January 31st, 2013, 7:56 PM
Rumours are that he has walked.

da_man
January 31st, 2013, 7:56 PM
Looks like Blackburn won't be getting DJ Campbell yet as they didnt get the paperwork through. What a joke

Ditto for Jerome Thomas. Looks like it could be four players out and none in. Shambles. Could be worse though, we could be Forest.

The Rosk
January 31st, 2013, 7:59 PM
hi lads.

Red Dog
January 31st, 2013, 7:59 PM
In 5 weeks since taking over from his cousin as chairman, he has - sacked O'Driscoll (after beating Leeds 4-2), hired McLeish to universal anger, sacked the CEO, Head scout, and lovely Frank Clark, bought Darius Henderson, a Kuwati goalkeeper, given Lee Camp a free transfer and not signed Boyd at the 11th hour because of eye issues.

Still, he has erected some nice electronic scoreboards so it isnt all bad.

JP
January 31st, 2013, 8:20 PM
Rumours are that he has walked.

Hope not, would be cool to see Forest back in the Prem and he is the man to do it.

Ditto for Jerome Thomas. Looks like it could be four players out and none in. Shambles. Could be worse though, we could be Forest.

You guys might be run by mentals but at least you're on solid ground and with chances of still making this season a worthwhile one.

We're owned by a criminal, have an utterly inept manager, completely skint and will most likely only stay in the division by the skin of our teeth, that is if we can avoid administration and the penalty points.

If it wasn't for the League Cup win to keep our pride up we'd be the football equivalent of razor blades in the bath.

Red Dog
January 31st, 2013, 8:26 PM
Hope not, would be cool to see Forest back in the Prem and he is the man to do it.

Appreciate the sentiment, but you wont find many people from Nottingham agreeing with the second part of that sentance!

JP
January 31st, 2013, 10:09 PM
Appreciate the sentiment, but you wont find many people from Nottingham agreeing with the second part of that sentance!

Not too many people from Birmingham either, but's it's clouded with bitterness and you guys have caught the bottom end of the villa fans hate cause you're so close.

His record speaks for itself - the relegations with us were pretty unfortunate both times - and even his year at Villa is now looking comparatively alright.

Genuinely, hand on heart the best manager we've had in my lifetime, and the most successful of any manager we've ever had. I'd take him back in a millisecond. But you know, that will never happen, hated rivals and all that.

Red Dog
February 1st, 2013, 4:39 AM
We play you tomorrow I think.

Wonder what reception he will get?!!

If he is still there of course.

Red Dog
February 2nd, 2013, 9:01 AM
Whats got long hair and screams?

George Boyd answering the iron.

Buh dum tish!

1_Pablo_Angel
February 2nd, 2013, 9:09 AM
His record speaks for itself - the relegations with us were pretty unfortunate both times - and even his year at Villa is now looking comparatively alright.

Genuinely, hand on heart the best manager we've had in my lifetime, and the most successful of any manager we've ever had. I'd take him back in a millisecond. But you know, that will never happen, hated rivals and all that.

It certainly does. In England, it's shit.

He's always played shit negative football as well.

Saying that he's the best manager you've had in your lifetime, and the most succesful the club HAS EVER HAD (a man who relegated you twice) is pretty amusing stuff.

Red Dog
February 2nd, 2013, 9:27 AM
I think if Birmingham batter us today, as well they might, he will and should walk.

I dont even care about results as much as I just cannot watch hoofball football.

"We're Nottingham Forest, we play on the floor".

RFF Champ
February 2nd, 2013, 1:38 PM

Saying that he's the best manager you've had in your lifetime, and the most succesful the club HAS EVER HAD (a man who relegated you twice) is pretty amusing stuff.

The only reason they don't like him more is becuase he didn't quite relegate the Villa.

JP
February 2nd, 2013, 8:03 PM

His record in England is fine. Promoted us at the first time of asking, gave us a record winning season including 6 wins on the bounce, 15 unbeaten and won us a major trophy for what is realistically the first time in our history (given that when we beat you it wasn't considered as such). First relegation was more down to Bruce's half of the season - McLeish averaged more points per game - and the second was more than a tad unlucky of the injury side of things. Even so, relegation - by the skin of it's teeth remember, Wolves and Wigan staying up on that final day were bloody miracles, fucking Stoke - with a club of our size and strength is hardly massive blow to someone's reputation.

And, as I was saying at the time to my mates who were slating him, he actually did alright with you. He knew what everybody has now cottoned on to, your squad is pretty damn fucking weak and disjointed. Reason he was playing that dire brand of football was that was the only option he had to get you as high as he could. Yes, you were hard to watch, but last season nobody ever really saw you a realistic contenders to go down. This season, it'll be a surprise if you don't.

Wish I'd have put a bet on Burke scoring today, could have been scripted.

The Rosk
February 2nd, 2013, 8:10 PM
You are completely wrong. McLeish was the worst manager I have ever seen at Villa. Lambert could get there but not yet.

MichaelC
February 2nd, 2013, 10:55 PM
He was the nicest manager Rangers have had in my lifetime. And the best Scotland manager of the last decade.

I'm not trying to damn him with faint praise here.

1_Pablo_Angel
February 3rd, 2013, 10:20 AM
I've never disliked the bloke, just don't rate him at all. The man had us starting games with 7 defenders on the pitch ffs! Signings were mostly crap too. Hutton, N'Zogbia, Given (on a 50k, 5yr contract) and Holman.

Simon
February 5th, 2013, 7:17 AM
Poor old Forest haha. Mental.

Andy
February 5th, 2013, 7:25 AM
How long does the average Forest manager last these days? About three months or something?

The Rosk
February 5th, 2013, 7:33 AM
I did tell you all about McLeish. Awful. Fluked a cup and got relegated twice in 3 years. Why on earth did we go for him.

son_of_foley
February 5th, 2013, 8:41 AM
Billy offered the blackpool job. Wonder if that had any bearing on this?

Red Dog
February 5th, 2013, 1:50 PM
Poor old Forest haha. Mental.

I am happy to be the laughing stock of football if it means getting rid of that useless sack of shit manager! Hallelujah!

Beefy - we had a trialist, Moshini, from Southend today. He turned up and there was no manager there to look at him so had to go home! Is he the mental one? Probably mates with our owners.

RFF Champ
February 5th, 2013, 2:24 PM
Mohsni, big forum favourite. Be nice to see him get a club.

Chris Scott
February 5th, 2013, 2:26 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if Michael Apperton takes over at Forest.

Gary J
February 5th, 2013, 3:35 PM
I could see Paolo Di Canio taking the Forest job. I think with the current situation at Swindon i wouldn't be surprised to see him jump ship first chance he got.

Rip
February 5th, 2013, 4:29 PM
Not to Forest, he'd be too cautious of trading one dodgy situation for another, besides I can see him waiting till the end of the season and going to a Prem club.

Whilst I'm not a fan I do feel sorry for McLiesh here, when a player passes a medical only for the board to then turn round and refuse the transfer because he has an 'eye issue' seems mad, why have the medical in the first place?

Beefy
February 5th, 2013, 5:47 PM
Bloody hell.

Grimario
February 5th, 2013, 5:54 PM
WEMBLEY?

Beefy
February 5th, 2013, 6:07 PM
Half way there, Grim.

Grimario
February 5th, 2013, 6:09 PM
Ahh two legged semi. Away goal though, so good result.

Red Dog
February 6th, 2013, 4:02 AM
I could see Paolo Di Canio taking the Forest job. I think with the current situation at Swindon i wouldn't be surprised to see him jump ship first chance he got.

I'd love that but cant see it somehow. They would be punching each other within days.

Hot favourite is Davies but I cant see that for the same reasons.

And as much as I hate him and think he is a cunt, I'd probably take him now, just until the end of the season.

My personal pick is, and is always, Roy Keane. I know there isnt much logic and he isnt a great manager but I love him and I'd love to see Fawaz try and mess with his team selections...

Red Dog
February 6th, 2013, 4:03 AM

No offence to the guy but if that is the standard of players McLeish was after then make me all the more glad he has gone.

son_of_foley
February 6th, 2013, 5:42 AM
No offence to the guy but if that is the standard of players McLeish was after then make me all the more glad he has gone.

I'm a bit confused here. Do you think the Kuwati national goalkeeper was a target of McLeish's then?

RFF Champ
February 6th, 2013, 6:04 AM
Di Canio isn't ready. He needs to prove he can work with a stable squad without demanding new players every fortnight.

Beefy
February 6th, 2013, 6:08 AM

Passed a trial at West Ham in the Summer. They just couldn't agree a fee with us.

He's got a club. He just refuses to play for them.

1_Pablo_Angel
February 6th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Did he fail at Ipswich then?

Gary J
February 6th, 2013, 6:47 PM
Not to Forest, he'd be too cautious of trading one dodgy situation for another, besides I can see him waiting till the end of the season and going to a Prem club

The only prem club where i think he has a chance of getting the job is West Ham and i can't see Allardyce leaving anytime soon. Di Canio seems to get linked with most championship jobs at the moment and i just think the timing is right for Forest (if they want him of course)

Red Dog
February 6th, 2013, 7:39 PM
I'm a bit confused here. Do you think the Kuwati national goalkeeper was a target of McLeish's then?

Obviously not.

I dont think every single transfer is picked by the owners though.

Darius Henderson, for example, is a typical McLeish signing. Tall. Elliot Ward. Tall. Moshini? 6'3. Proof.

Red Dog
February 6th, 2013, 7:41 PM
Passed a trial at West Ham in the Summer. They just couldn't agree a fee with us.

So what you mean is they didnt value him any higher than £150,000.

Whos point are you arguing for here? Mine of yours?!

Beefy
February 7th, 2013, 5:58 AM
A Premier League team wanted to take him on. I'm not sure much else needs arguing.

Mohsni is a hell of a player with the potential to play for a far bigger club than Forest. His issue has always been that he's completely rough around the edges because he'd never played for a proper team before he played with us. He's also a mental.

Peter Griffin
February 7th, 2013, 10:15 AM
I really dont understand why some Forest fans are acting as if Billy Davies returning is the second coming of christ. My facebook feed is currently full of "king billy" and "unfinished business". Fair enough he got them to two playoffs. But hes done nothing to warrant being called a king. The man is an absolute cunt, and i honestly feel bad for Forest having him back. Hes got a well documented drinking issue and he hasnt been able to get on with any board at any club hes been at , the man has left Motherwell,Preston,Derby and Forest under a cloud before now. He can try and blame the board of each club as much as he likes (he certainly did at Derby) but to get fucked out of four clubs after falling out with the board cannot be a coincidence. The fact that the media (sky in particular) love him and make him out to be a great guy really piisses me off,especially seeing as Derby got portrayed as the bad guys for getting rid of the odious little dwarf.

Peter Griffin
February 7th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Davies saying he has "come home" and the board saying he is a "Forest legend" fuck me , joke club.

Red Dog
February 7th, 2013, 10:40 PM
A Premier League team wanted to take him on. I'm not sure much else needs arguing.

Mohsni is a hell of a player with the potential to play for a far bigger club than Forest. His issue has always been that he's completely rough around the edges because he'd never played for a proper team before he played with us. He's also a mental.
I will watch with interest which far bigger club than Forest he ends up at then!

Red Dog
February 8th, 2013, 5:04 AM
I really dont understand why some Forest fans are acting as if Billy Davies returning is the second coming of christ. My facebook feed is currently full of "king billy" and "unfinished business". Fair enough he got them to two playoffs. But hes done nothing to warrant being called a king. The man is an absolute cunt, and i honestly feel bad for Forest having him back. Hes got a well documented drinking issue and he hasnt been able to get on with any board at any club hes been at , the man has left Motherwell,Preston,Derby and Forest under a cloud before now. He can try and blame the board of each club as much as he likes (he certainly did at Derby) but to get fucked out of four clubs after falling out with the board cannot be a coincidence. The fact that the media (sky in particular) love him and make him out to be a great guy really piisses me off,especially seeing as Derby got portrayed as the bad guys for getting rid of the odious little dwarf.

Davies saying he has "come home" and the board saying he is a "Forest legend" fuck me , joke club.
The amount of fans that refer to him as King Billy is retarded I completely agree with you.

My main gripe with him was that he slagged off our previous chairman who I liked and respected. That wont be an issue this time. But then there was also dubious team selections that cost us points certainly, so any kind of iconic status is laughable. However, Fawaz is a mentalist so him referring to him as a 'legend' is pretty par for the course.

I dont like the bloke but given the choice of him and McLeish its a no brainer (although I' prefer O'Driscoll).

But the fact that you and other Derby fans I know have reacted like this does show.........he does he results at this level. It will either be a spectacular failure or a masterstroke. Either way it will be entertaining.

son_of_foley
February 8th, 2013, 5:34 AM
Just the football won't ;)

I think he'll do well its still a pretty expensively assembled squad and should be looking at playoffs at least. I think its why its appealed to him he knows a few results and you're up there again and he gets to be seen as a miracle worker.

I wouldnt be suprised to see Darlow and the Kuwati now behind some loan keeper in the next month or two can't see Billy wanting an unproven keeper but that might just be me. There's enough of the players there he liked before that I think he'll hit the ground running.

Despite the McLeish shite I think not getting playoffs would be embarassing considering the squad.

My only question is... why now? If BD is this forest legend etc etc why is he the 3rd manager they've appointed and not the 1st or 2nd? Did I see Fawaz say "In forest fans we trust" did he make the hire based on mentalists on twitter? Odd

Red Dog
February 8th, 2013, 5:39 AM
Just the football won't ;)

I think he'll do well its still a pretty expensively assembled squad and should be looking at playoffs at least. I think its why its appealed to him he knows a few results and you're up there again and he gets to be seen as a miracle worker.

I wouldnt be suprised to see Darlow and the Kuwati now behind some loan keeper in the next month or two can't see Billy wanting an unproven keeper but that might just be me. There's enough of the players there he liked before that I think he'll hit the ground running.

Despite the McLeish shite I think not getting playoffs would be embarassing considering the squad.

My only question is... why now? If BD is this forest legend etc etc why is he the 3rd manager they've appointed and not the 1st or 2nd? Did I see Fawaz say "In forest fans we trust" did he make the hire based on mentalists on twitter? Odd

Getting rid of Camp was a mistake as he was excellent under Davies.

Yeah, clearly Fawaz has appointed him based on Twitter feedback. Sounds ridiculous but its just clear as day. He has had nothing but abuse since sacking SOD and appointing McLeish and now he wants the fans back on side.

Also, this has clearly been in the pipeline for ages. Majewski and Blackstock (both Davies signings) signed long term contracts last week and George Boyd (who Davies thinks is shit) suddenly fails a medical.

Its like Dream Team on my doorstep.

I steal cable
February 9th, 2013, 8:44 AM
So I'm staying in a place with no phone/3g connection. Doing my internet update just now. McLeish sacked, Davies hired. I lolz. Carry on reading about a man having sex with a horse.

Gary J
February 12th, 2013, 7:20 PM
Up to second and while i'm not sure we'll end the season (i was a few weeks back but we've been very hit and miss since) I do know i love our new striker GEDO!!!!!!

Peter Griffin
February 12th, 2013, 7:29 PM
:getout:

Peter Griffin
February 15th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Theres something brewing at the city ground,every day i turn on sky sports news and another member or two of staff have been given the boot! I suppose now that King Billy is back they are getting rid of anyone he doesnt like aka people that cant stand the cunt.

Beefy
February 16th, 2013, 4:52 AM
He's back.

Andy
February 16th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Is he better than ever?

Peter Griffin
February 16th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Bazinga!

Torn
February 16th, 2013, 11:30 AM
That went well :rofl:

Beefy
February 16th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Jesus Christ

Beefy
February 16th, 2013, 11:54 AM
To be fair to Bil, I think he got the ball :shifty:

http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/8392/sendingoff.jpg

EDIT - well he certainly got a ball...

http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu297/dooferoaks/BDPJnuuCYAAZdQX1_zps2aa799e6.jpg

1_Pablo_Angel
February 16th, 2013, 12:05 PM
aha fucking hell, what a guy. I want Villa to sign him. Saw him for Ipswich when he was about an inch from scoring at St Andrews with his first touch, I think I was the only one in the Ipswich end that knew who he was.

And it's all because of that tip from ages ago when you told us all to lump on him scoring at first at about 40/1. Which basically paid for my holiday :heart:

JP
February 16th, 2013, 12:06 PM
This season is hell, just pure hell.

1_Pablo_Angel
February 16th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Nice to see local lad Troy Deeney doing well though at least, eh JP?

1_Pablo_Angel
February 16th, 2013, 12:09 PM
And Ikechi (sp?) Anya, the bloke who set him up and scored the second stayed at our flat a few times at uni. Nice lad, friends with one of my flatmates at the time. He randomly got signed up out of nowhere by a Spanish 2nd Division team and seems to be doing quite well now.

JP
February 16th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Nice to see local lad Troy Deeney doing well though at least, eh JP?

Blues fan too.

Ah we'll, two down, at least we've got the nuclear option of Zigic to...oh. :mad:

Chris Scott
February 18th, 2013, 2:12 PM
What the fuck has happened to Birmingham JP?

JP
February 18th, 2013, 2:36 PM
From which point?

From last season to this, Lee Clark, he is genuinely awful. Stronger squad than made the play-offs last year and we're fighting against relegation.

From when Dave and Dave owned us, we got bought by a crook, who let's not forget was passed as 'fit and proper' by the Premiership.

And it could get worse too if rumour is to be believed. Unless a buyer comes in soon it looks as if we will go into administration before the season's end.

Chris Scott
February 18th, 2013, 3:01 PM
Yeah from when both Dave's owned you. But while you mention from last season, I honestly thought Lee Clark would've done really well and got you pushing for top 2 this season.

Gary J
February 18th, 2013, 3:30 PM
I was surprised Lee Clark even got the job becuase he did nothing at Huddersfield to suggest he'd be a good manager.

Chris Scott
February 18th, 2013, 4:05 PM
He had them playing good footy didnt he.

JP
February 18th, 2013, 5:03 PM
He had them playing good footy didnt he.

Turns out, no.

What grabbed the eye was the 50 game odd unbeaten run he too Huddersfield on. To everybody outside Huddersfield that seemed great. To people from Huddersfield he was negative, poor tactically and actually holding the club back. Given they got promoted immediately after sacking him suggests they were right.

Gary J
February 18th, 2013, 5:32 PM
Most of that unbeaten run was draws they didn't actually win many under him.

RFF Champ
February 19th, 2013, 5:08 AM
A stronger squad without Mutch, Chris Wood, Andros Townsend, Ridgewell, Fahey, Huseklepp, N'Daw, Beausejour, Myhill? I don't think so.

Beefy
February 19th, 2013, 5:20 AM
Huddersfield under Clarke were a decent team. Yes they could have turned a few of those draws into wins but most times I saw them under him they were impressive. Having any sort of unbeaten run with a defence built around Peter Clarke is definitely a hell of an achievement.

In more important matters, tomorrow is probably Southend's biggest game since 15 years and we've managed to time it perfectly so that we're also having the longest list of injuries and suspensions that we've had in those 15 years. Looks like Barry Corr is going to have to play centre-half against Kevin Lisbie. That won't end well. And pulling Corr out of the front-line means that it'll be one or both of Britt Assombalonga or Freddy Eastwood up front, neither of whom have scored in their last dozen games.

son_of_foley
February 19th, 2013, 5:59 AM
A stronger squad without Mutch, Chris Wood, Andros Townsend, Ridgewell, Fahey, Huseklepp, N'Daw, Beausejour, Myhill? I don't think so.

I love Jordan Mutch. Sometimes I think about what could have happened if we had held onto him.

Him, Hendrick and Hughes and a midfield 3.

Wonderous.

JP
February 19th, 2013, 6:49 AM

Ridgewell, Wood and Beasejour all left in the Jan transfer window, weren't there to the end of the season. As it happens, yep, weaker without in my opinion, but we actually did better in the second half of the season last year than the first. Butland stepped into Myhill's place, more than adequate replacement. Andros Townsend only joined us for the last few months of the season. He did alright, nothing more. Huseklepp, really? Again, only the last few months of the season. But really? The Fahey situation is a mystery, he is still under contract with us don't forget. With you on Mutch and N'Daw, disappointing to see them go.

But then look at the players who have come in at various points this season; Peter Lovenkrands, Darren Ambrose, Hayden Mullins, Ravael Morrison, Paul Caddis, Leroy Lita, Paul Robinson, Papa Bouba Diop.

Yeah, on balance I think that's a stronger squad. At the least it's of a similar strength.

JP
February 19th, 2013, 6:55 AM
In more important matters, tomorrow is probably Southend's biggest game since 15 years and we've managed to time it perfectly so that we're also having the longest list of injuries and suspensions that we've had in those 15 years. Looks like Barry Corr is going to have to play centre-half against Kevin Lisbie. That won't end well. And pulling Corr out of the front-line means that it'll be one or both of Britt Assombalonga or Freddy Eastwood up front, neither of whom have scored in their last dozen games.

Best of luck getting through mate, my Southend supporting teammate's bloody lovely so hoping you do it.

Peter Griffin
February 19th, 2013, 9:57 AM
I love Jordan Mutch. Sometimes I think about what could have happened if we had held onto him.

Him, Hendrick and Hughes and a midfield 3.

Wonderous.

Dont forget we let Jake Kean go to Blackburn,and looks like hes developing into a good championship GK.

Red Dog
February 19th, 2013, 12:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQrxbO_n0mM&feature=youtu.be (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQrxbO_n0mM&feature=youtu.be)

Full of lies and spin, obviously. But this was played on the big screen before our match on saturday. 26/27k expected tonight. Bizarre!

RFF Champ
February 19th, 2013, 1:01 PM
Ridgewell, Wood and Beasejour all left in the Jan transfer window, weren't there to the end of the season. As it happens, yep, weaker without in my opinion, but we actually did better in the second half of the season last year than the first. Butland stepped into Myhill's place, more than adequate replacement. Andros Townsend only joined us for the last few months of the season. He did alright, nothing more. Huseklepp, really? Again, only the last few months of the season. But really? The Fahey situation is a mystery, he is still under contract with us don't forget. With you on Mutch and N'Daw, disappointing to see them go.

But then look at the players who have come in at various points this season; Peter Lovenkrands, Darren Ambrose, Hayden Mullins, Ravael Morrison, Paul Caddis, Leroy Lita, Paul Robinson, Papa Bouba Diop.

Yeah, on balance I think that's a stronger squad. At the least it's of a similar strength.

If you're so willing to dispute the difference Huseklepp, Townsend, Ridgewell and Beausejour made then you can rule out Diop, Ambrose, Mullins, Lita and Caddis's contributions too because they've all been long term injured or released due to financial constraint.

Hughton didn't have to rely on the likes of Hancox, Packwood, Redmond, Gordon, Hurst and Reilly like Clark has. I think Redmond was the only recent academy graduate Hughton used and even then he used him sparingly.

Peter Griffin
February 19th, 2013, 1:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQrxbO_n0mM&feature=youtu.be (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQrxbO_n0mM&feature=youtu.be)

Full of lies and spin, obviously. But this was played on the big screen before our match on saturday. 26/27k expected tonight. Bizarre!

As much as i take the piss out of Forest fans,im sure most are intelligent,so i really dont get why hes so revered by your lot, surely anyone can see what a lying,cheating two faced scumbucket he is,no matter if hes a decent manager or not (he got us up afterall) i will never respect, never mind like the man,hes a grade a cunt and i actually feel sorry for you forest fans. It will only end in tears again,as soon as someone stands upto his bullshit he will throw his toys out the pram and fuck off into the sunset.

Beefy
February 19th, 2013, 1:30 PM
Best of luck getting through mate, my Southend supporting teammate's bloody lovely so hoping you do it.

Thanks.

I still hope Birmingham lose every game of football they play for the next five years at least though :)

JP
February 19th, 2013, 1:36 PM
If you're so willing to dispute the difference Huseklepp, Townsend, Ridgewell and Beausejour made then you can rule out Diop, Ambrose, Mullins, Lita and Caddis's contributions too because they've all been long term injured or released due to financial constraint.

Hughton didn't have to rely on the likes of Hancox, Packwood, Redmond, Gordon, Hurst and Reilly like Clark has. I think Redmond was the only recent academy graduate Hughton used and even then he used him sparingly.

I was disputing Huseklepp on the basis he was the dribbling shits.

Hancox has started 3 games, Packwood 5, Gordon 1, Hurst 2 and Reilly 9. Even with Reilly, that's hardly 'relying', is it? Been impressed with most of them actually when they've stepped in, especially Packwood, keep an eye out for him when he recovers from his injury next season. The majority of appearances have been taken up by players brought in by Clark and players he inherited from Houghton, not the kids form the academy.

While we had Lita and Diop on the books for most of the time Clark didn't play them, which was baffling given the very understandable reasons he gave for bringing them in. Mullins has played over two thirds of our games this season so bit of a strange call there.

Redmond started 16 games last season, so far this one it's been 15. Not the biggest of jumps as we head into the final throws of the campaign. Also, he's fucking awesome.

Forgot to include Hall on my list of players who strengthened us too. Or in his case gave us a different option of play.

JP
February 19th, 2013, 1:37 PM
Thanks.

I still hope Birmingham lose every game of football they play for the next five years at least though :)

Surely West Ham should be getting your hate now?

Beefy
February 19th, 2013, 1:54 PM
Surely West Ham should be getting your hate now?

Yeah that is a fair point.

Three years then.

RFF Champ
February 19th, 2013, 3:13 PM
I was disputing Huseklepp on the basis he was the dribbling shits.

Hancox has started 3 games, Packwood 5, Gordon 1, Hurst 2 and Reilly 9. Even with Reilly, that's hardly 'relying', is it? Been impressed with most of them actually when they've stepped in, especially Packwood, keep an eye out for him when he recovers from his injury next season. The majority of appearances have been taken up by players brought in by Clark and players he inherited from Houghton, not the kids form the academy.

While we had Lita and Diop on the books for most of the time Clark didn't play them, which was baffling given the very understandable reasons he gave for bringing them in. Mullins has played over two thirds of our games this season so bit of a strange call there.

Redmond started 16 games last season, so far this one it's been 15. Not the biggest of jumps as we head into the final throws of the campaign. Also, he's fucking awesome.

Forgot to include Hall on my list of players who strengthened us too. Or in his case gave us a different option of play.

Jonathan Spector and Callum Reilly in central midfield tonight. It's a weaker squad.

Chris Scott
February 19th, 2013, 3:17 PM
So we are in agreement that Clark is s decent manager.

JP
February 19th, 2013, 3:53 PM
Jonathan Spector and Callum Reilly in central midfield tonight. It's a weaker squad.

That wouldn't be a weaker squad, it'd be a weaker central midfield in your opinion.

I quite like that pairing to be honest, put a shift in. :shifty:

Peter Griffin
February 19th, 2013, 5:20 PM
forest fans will of course now be have a bigger collective wank over Billy than ever now they've scored five,just remember boys we scored 5 against Watford,these things happen :shifty:

MichaelC
February 19th, 2013, 5:38 PM
That'll be Forest's goal ration for the month used up now.

Gary J
February 19th, 2013, 6:00 PM
Score like an Egyptian Score like an Egyptian. I love Gedo

Torn
February 19th, 2013, 6:32 PM
Great business to get those Egyptians in, your chairman has used his connections very well.

What a change a year makes. This time last year we signed Clinton Morrison to help us get into the playoffs, and also after losing to Charlton 1-0 to a BWP goal, Uwe said this:

"What separated these two teams was they had a striker up front who cost one million pounds and will probably score 30 goals. All credit to the quality they have."

And now we've signed that striker to help the promotion push and to add to our already solid mix of attacking talent. DELIGHTFUL. BWP, Donaldson, Trotta, Forrester and Forshaw in the same team will be an attacking force.

Gary J
February 19th, 2013, 6:36 PM
Yeah am hoping we sign El Mohamaddy permanently in the summer. Don't know he can't get into the Sunderland side but their loss is our gain.

Red Dog
February 20th, 2013, 8:37 AM
As much as i take the piss out of Forest fans,im sure most are intelligent,so i really dont get why hes so revered by your lot, surely anyone can see what a lying,cheating two faced scumbucket he is,no matter if hes a decent manager or not (he got us up afterall) i will never respect, never mind like the man,hes a grade a cunt and i actually feel sorry for you forest fans. It will only end in tears again,as soon as someone stands upto his bullshit he will throw his toys out the pram and fuck off into the sunset.
He is a liar, I put that in the post you quoted.

However, I go to Forest to be entertained and if we smash teams 6-1 I dont really care if the manager is a bit of a dick at times.

Peter Griffin
February 20th, 2013, 9:06 AM
Fair play,but i doubt you can expect that sort if result/goalfest every week,but if it works out for you then fair enough,but i give it till christmas tops,probably the summer.

Beefy
February 20th, 2013, 5:13 PM
I'm.... going.... to Wembley.

Can't believe it.

Bennedy
February 20th, 2013, 5:41 PM
Nice one Beefy. Hope Southend can pull it off.

Peter Griffin
February 20th, 2013, 6:03 PM
I wonder what the odds are of a pair of twins losing their jobs at separate clubs within a day are? :chin:

Red Dog
February 22nd, 2013, 11:30 AM
Gary J.

George Boyd has signed for you - didnt see that coming.

Just seen this.....apologies if it has been posted before but do you join in with this? It is possibly the gayest chant I have ever heard/seen!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tgS1RFk1cU8

Peter Griffin
February 22nd, 2013, 11:31 AM
Pun intended?

Gary J
February 22nd, 2013, 11:45 AM
I was surprised by the signing of Boyd as i thought he was on his way to Palace. It's a bit strange on our message boards at the moment as Peterboro supporters instead of slamming the player for being past it/money grabber/dodgy knees/girly long hair/cross eyed etc. But everything has very positive. Which means he'll probably be shit for us.

A lot of them saying they are definitely down now. Reminds me a little of when we sold Michael Turner.

Gary J
February 22nd, 2013, 11:47 AM
As for that gay chant of course i've joined in with it. It's still not as gay as when we used to come out to "Tiger Feet" by Mud and make opposition fans scream with laughter at us.

Gary J
February 22nd, 2013, 11:48 AM
I realise though Red Dog that you probably hate that chant just because Forest are always getting mauled by the tigers at the City Ground.

Red Dog
February 22nd, 2013, 11:53 AM
I was surprised by the signing of Boyd as i thought he was on his way to Palace. It's a bit strange on our message boards at the moment as Peterboro supporters instead of slamming the player for being past it/money grabber/dodgy knees/girly long hair/cross eyed etc. But everything has very positive. Which means he'll probably be shit for us.

A lot of them saying they are definitely down now. Reminds me a little of when we sold Michael Turner.
He cant fucking see though!! Are they going to put a little bell in the ball for him like at the paralympics?

I realise though Red Dog that you probably hate that chant just because Forest are always getting mauled by the tigers at the City Ground.
Haha, that is true.

No defeat you ever inflict upon us in the future will ever be worse than the record breaker ender in 2011 or whenever it was. That broke me.

ps I dont hate the chant, I just think it is gay.

Red Dog
February 22nd, 2013, 12:09 PM
ps Derby took 400 fans to Hull.

400!!

Massive club.

Peter Griffin
February 22nd, 2013, 12:18 PM
I dont think ive ever referred to Derby as a massive club, but at the same time our support is usually pretty good so who knows, to be fair every time i see a forest game on tv i see big patches of empty seats,so you know,swings and roundabouts i suppose ;)

1_Pablo_Angel
February 22nd, 2013, 7:10 PM
That mauled by the tigers thing is from their prem season i think, remember laughing at it on here at the time.

Red Dog
February 23rd, 2013, 1:09 PM
Oh the tide is turning now isnt it!

If it wasnt for fucking McLeish we would be in the play offs now, possibly higher.

Onwards and upwards. Away win, above Derby and Leeds. Little Raddi and Lansbury scoring again. Beautiful.

Peter Griffin
February 23rd, 2013, 4:19 PM
Alls you care about is being above us and Leeds,typical small club mentality ;)

Red Dog
February 23rd, 2013, 9:19 PM
I think you will find I care about getting promoted more - hence me mentioning it first.

I steal cable
February 23rd, 2013, 9:26 PM
this is becoming a rather entertaining season

gutted I won't be around from April to watch it unfold

RD, what's happened with Billy Sharp? Injured? Davies doesn't like him?

Red Dog
February 24th, 2013, 6:55 AM
this is becoming a rather entertaining season

gutted I won't be around from April to watch it unfold

RD, what's happened with Billy Sharp? Injured? Davies doesn't like him?

He had a knock on Tuesday apparently. Not surprised he didnt play today, I expect he will just play at home like he did with Earnshaw and use someone bigger away like Henderson or Blackstock - like he used to with Adebola. Sharp has also barely scored since SOD left. Cox will probably always start as he runs around a lot and Davies likes that.

I fucking love Raddi.

Peter Griffin
February 24th, 2013, 12:57 PM
I think you will find I care about getting promoted more - hence me mentioning it first.

:D ive just decided that instead of losing my rag with you all the time,im just going to spout the same bollocks you do about Derby,about Forest :yes:

Red Dog
February 24th, 2013, 2:43 PM
Maybe you can top your "Forest players should die in a Munich style air crash" post.

Or you could actually just stop quoting me I think I would prefer that. In fact, you said you were going to do that a few months ago but you appear to have broken your promise :(

Try again.

Bennedy
February 24th, 2013, 3:56 PM
Maybe you can top your "Forest players should die in a Munich style air crash" post.

Fucking hell. Did he say that? I know we can all get angry at football, but that is taking it too far.

Red Dog
February 24th, 2013, 4:04 PM
Yeah most people (me) would be banned for something like that!

Peter Griffin
February 24th, 2013, 4:06 PM
What about your post about Nigel making his dead dad ashamed post? weve both said some stupid shit,lets not make you out to be some innocent victim here.

Red Dog
February 24th, 2013, 4:10 PM
Haha I stand by that, he would be ashamed. That isnt insulting anyone except Nigel.

You also said something about me being run over by a tram or something - that a mod edited for you.

God knows how you havent been banned to be honest. I think you are quite fortunate that some mods dont really like me!

Peter Griffin
February 24th, 2013, 4:17 PM
Ashamed of what exactly? The fact that his son worked hard for ten years as manager at Burton, took a gamble by taking a job at a higher level, and has been doing a decent job of improving our performances steadily season after season with fuck all money to spend? Or should he be ashamed because he manages Derby and not Forest? You do realize Brian never wanted to leave Derby,and till the day he died he always said his Proudest moment was winning the league with Derby, which says something given what he achieved at Forest. I can understand why it would grate on you, one of Forests best ever forwards going to Derby,but lets not pretend hes done anything to make his dad ashamed.

Peter Griffin
February 24th, 2013, 4:18 PM
And if your retort is something about Nigel being a cunt a)i dont think thats fair in the slightest and b)Brian could be the biggest cunt of them all at times

1_Pablo_Angel
February 24th, 2013, 4:54 PM
You also said something about me being run over by a tram or something - that a mod edited for you.

Nazis!

Peter Griffin
February 24th, 2013, 4:57 PM
Tbf I have said some way OTT stuff,that i will apologize for.

Beefy
February 24th, 2013, 5:18 PM
God knows how you havent been banned to be honest. I think you are quite fortunate that some mods dont really like me!

Don't flatter yourself mate.

Red Dog
February 24th, 2013, 6:39 PM
Don't flatter yourself mate.

Ah right ok. So IF I said.....

I hope you get hit by a tram and die oh and also I hope all of Southend FC die in a MunIch style air crash*

....thats alright is it?

*I do not hope either of these things.

Red Dog
February 24th, 2013, 6:42 PM
Ashamed of what exactly? The fact that his son worked hard for ten years as manager at Burton, took a gamble by taking a job at a higher level, and has been doing a decent job of improving our performances steadily season after season with fuck all money to spend? Or should he be ashamed because he manages Derby and not Forest? You do realize Brian never wanted to leave Derby,and till the day he died he always said his Proudest moment was winning the league with Derby, which says something given what he achieved at Forest. I can understand why it would grate on you, one of Forests best ever forwards going to Derby,but lets not pretend hes done anything to make his dad ashamed.

Whilst a few years ago I would have been moderately amused at getting reactions like this....I dont give a shit anymore. I dont care. You are probably a decent bloke in real life but do me a favour and just put me on ignore. I think its best :)

Chris Scott
February 24th, 2013, 6:59 PM

Or you could actually just stop quoting me I think I would prefer that. In fact, you said you were going to do that a few months ago but you appear to have broken your promise :(

Try again.

Peter Griffin is Rajah's Suarez

Peter Griffin
February 24th, 2013, 7:03 PM
Oi pal,fuck off back to The Official English Football thread :getout:

son_of_foley
February 25th, 2013, 6:34 AM
ps Derby took 400 fans to Hull.

400!!

Massive club.

Jesus I can't believe you took this bait PG. It's the most transparent one in a long time. I couldnt give a fuck how many away fans we take anyway or if we have more home fans than you. I think it's very telling that's considered a victory these days between the two clubs just goes to show how insignificant we both are in the grand scheme of things at the minute.

Torn
February 25th, 2013, 6:39 AM
Why don't the both of you just shut the fuck up and go and post this drivel elsewhere.

Peter Griffin
February 25th, 2013, 9:59 AM
Why dont you shut the fuck up? Were should we post about it,off topic? fuck me.

Peter Griffin
February 25th, 2013, 10:08 AM
I mean seriously,who the fuck do you think you are telling us what to do?

Torn
February 25th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Listen to yourself. Grow up mate. I'm not speaking just on my own behalf when I say no one wants to constantly read your pathetic personal exchanges in this thread. Red Dog actually has some interesting stuff to say about Forest yet any time he posts it seems to be bogged down by you constantly quoting him and proceeding to embarass yourself on a regular basis. There's a reason three people including Red Dog have suggested you just stop replying/rising to the bait on this page.. take a step back and read the kind of stuff you are actually posting here.

Peter Griffin
February 25th, 2013, 11:22 AM
And anytime i say something about Derby he doesnt talk utter bollocks about them right back at me? dont try and make out im some idiot that only posts about Forest,i have plenty to say about football in general.

RFF Champ
February 25th, 2013, 11:29 AM
i have plenty to say about football in general.

Prove it then.

Peter Griffin
February 25th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Well for one im a fairly regular poster in both here and the official football thread,but if this is how it is,and evreyone sees me as some shit poster,then fair enough.

RFF Champ
February 25th, 2013, 11:41 AM
I like you Pete but red dog and yourself are being gaylords.

Peter Griffin
February 25th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Fair point.

Torn
February 25th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Yeah what Alex said. I'm not here to judge anyone on being a good or bad poster but if in a thread about the Football League it descends into this personal battle for the 100th time my instant reaction is going to be what it was earlier. Anyway...

League One is ridiculously tight at the top now. Our recent form is fairly patchy yet are still just 5 points off Swindon at the top with a game in hand, but it's starting to worry me as if we keep dropping silly points we are going to end up adrift. Against Bury we were comfortably the better side yet only came away with a point, same against Walsall at the weekend, it's starting to become the norm that I come away from a game thinking we played well yet haven't got a result, so something isn't quite right. We certainly have enough talent to go up automatically now and before Christmas we were playing very well so hopefully we can get back to that form quickly enough.

Of course at the weekend after getting BWP and starting him, Trotta and Donaldson in the same side we came away with a 0-0 draw. Some of our fans get on Trotta's back because he doesn't run around but he has a lot of quality in and around the box where he comes alive, and certainly looked our most likely goalscorer. Hopefully we can get BWP up to match fitness and firing along with him and Clayton soon enough.

Beefy
February 25th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Torn is right. Literally no one else here gives a shit about you and Red Dog constant arguments. They're pathetic. If the two of you have an issue then take it to PM where the rest of us don't have to read it.

EDIT - hadn't realised that the conversation had moved onto the next page. Oh well.

Peter Griffin
February 25th, 2013, 12:03 PM
You are all right to a point,but lets not pretend like we are the worse offenders when it comes to pathetic arguments on these forums..but i get your point,so that being said..im glad Derby on improving from a bottom half team to a safe midtable side,but i can see it getting boring by next season,too good to go down,but not good enough to go up,i think its time to make two or three QUALITY signings in the summer to complement our squad and really push on next season.

Simon
February 25th, 2013, 12:07 PM
You are all right to a point,but lets not pretend like we are the worse offenders when it comes to pathetic arguments on these forums
In this forum you are. Me and Andy have a lot of arguments based on our biases but it at least tends to be relevant, rather than this inane prick-waving competition you two go on with.

Peter Griffin
February 25th, 2013, 12:12 PM
ok im really not sure what you mean by prick waving competition ;) but you are right,its not always relevant,il try and change my approach,as longs as you bastards get off my case now :D

Torn
February 25th, 2013, 12:15 PM
I'm glad you reached Wembley Beefy. It's awesome walking down Wembley way seeing your teams logo on the side of the stadium, seeing the sea of your fans both in and out the stadium that you never knew existed, the atmosphere in the middle of said sea of fans 5 minutes before kick off is something else, and even those shitty inflatable flag things they move around the pitch before kick off with your badge on are great. Of course the losing bit was pretty shit so I hope you stuff Crewe and can fully enjoy it.

Also I'm sure we will all be on the look out for the Rajah T-Shirt to make Sky Sports.

RFF Champ
February 25th, 2013, 12:36 PM
You are all right to a point,but lets not pretend like we are the worse offenders when it comes to pathetic arguments on these forums..but i get your point,so that being said..im glad Derby on improving from a bottom half team to a safe midtable side,but i can see it getting boring by next season,too good to go down,but not good enough to go up,i think its time to make two or three QUALITY signings in the summer to complement our squad and really push on next season.

I'm surprised you didn't make your first loan signing until Saturday. I'm sure it will benefit the young players who have been thrown in at the deep end but there's quality available in the loan market.

Peter Griffin
February 25th, 2013, 12:51 PM
yeh,weve let tyson and theo go out on loan so Sammon was our only out and out striker so signing Martin was a must. Having just looked at our squad its actually smaller than i thought but we have got a good,young nucleus there,so some experienced players in the summer will hep,plus Shaun Barker coming back will be a plus..hopefully we find a place for James Bailey as well,at the least he should be in and around our first team squad.

Red Dog
February 25th, 2013, 1:57 PM
Torn is right. Literally no one else here gives a shit about you and Red Dog constant arguments. They're pathetic. If the two of you have an issue then take it to PM where the rest of us don't have to read it.

EDIT - hadn't realised that the conversation had moved onto the next page. Oh well.
I tried to PM you but your inbox is full.

RFF Champ
February 25th, 2013, 2:05 PM
yeh,weve let tyson and theo go out on loan so Sammon was our only out and out striker so signing Martin was a must. Having just looked at our squad its actually smaller than i thought but we have got a good,young nucleus there,so some experienced players in the summer will hep,plus Shaun Barker coming back will be a plus..hopefully we find a place for James Bailey as well,at the least he should be in and around our first team squad.

I think Bailey is worth a place in Derby's team each week without the falling out.

Peter Griffin
February 25th, 2013, 2:11 PM
Im not so sure there was a falling out as such,it was just a case of the emergence of Hendrick and Hughes,as well as Bryson and Coutts turning out to be good signings ,so theres not really a place for him at the minute,i guess a lot may depend on what happens with Hughes this summer as to whether Bailey has a future at Derby.

Torn
February 27th, 2013, 6:05 AM
BBF 2
Beefy 0

Unbelievable

BBF
February 27th, 2013, 2:17 PM
:smug: Apparently we played Southend off the park. Assombalonga was the only bright point for them and even he wasn't that great. Its still so tight at the foot of League Two though. That win should've pulled us a bit clear you'd think but we're still only a point clear of the drop zone.

MichaelC
February 28th, 2013, 3:05 AM
Barnet can't survive until the last ten minutes of the season, BBF. It's practically in the League 2 rules now.

Jaymz
February 28th, 2013, 4:32 AM
Yep, thems the rules. It's always 'Barnet's season to go down'

I can't talk too much, with Sir John jumping at the opportunity to go to Luton Town of all places, when there had apparently been interest in him from the Championship. Some strange goings on

Torn
March 4th, 2013, 6:08 AM
Made hard work of the three points this week, yet again had the run of the play against a team worse than us but we missed Forshaw and struggled to find the net, that was until Stuart Dallas came on and tore them to shreds. Saunders was offering little and Forrester was getting doubled up on yet again but when Dallas came on they completely. SOF this kid is looking like the real deal, quick, strong and direct and he completely changed the game flying up and down the wing. He's been rightly brought along slowly this year as Uwe said he would all along but now he looks ready to help down the stretch, would like to see him be involved in the first team a lot more.

Swindon at home next Tuesday will be massive.

son_of_foley
March 4th, 2013, 6:29 AM
Made hard work of the three points this week, yet again had the run of the play against a team worse than us but we missed Forshaw and struggled to find the net, that was until Stuart Dallas came on and tore them to shreds. Saunders was offering little and Forrester was getting doubled up on yet again but when Dallas came on they completely. SOF this kid is looking like the real deal, quick, strong and direct and he completely changed the game flying up and down the wing. He's been rightly brought along slowly this year as Uwe said he would all along but now he looks ready to help down the stretch, would like to see him be involved in the first team a lot more.

Swindon at home next Tuesday will be massive.

Good to hear.

Seems to be a bit of a NI link going on there with Hodson and Thompson and a few others about the place?

At our place there's probably the strongest feeling of discontent with Nigel I can remember. Mainstream media have mentioned it a few times and the indication seems to be Rush isn't as enamored with Clough as Glick was. If they have any intention to remove him they need to have someone lined up otherwise you end up with Paul Jewell or Alex McLeish.

Gary J
March 4th, 2013, 6:43 AM
Could be worse you could always end up with Iain fucking Dowie.

Gary J
March 4th, 2013, 7:10 AM
Although to be fair to Dowie i actually think he tried his best with us he just isn't a good manager. Paul Jewell looked like he couldn't even be bothered to try when he was managing Derby.

Peter Griffin
March 4th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Good to hear.

Seems to be a bit of a NI link going on there with Hodson and Thompson and a few others about the place?

At our place there's probably the strongest feeling of discontent with Nigel I can remember. Mainstream media have mentioned it a few times and the indication seems to be Rush isn't as enamored with Clough as Glick was. If they have any intention to remove him they need to have someone lined up otherwise you end up with Paul Jewell or Alex McLeish.

There are certain sections of fans that have nevere wanted Nigel ,TBH i dont tend to read whats been said on the media so i cant comment,but i think people need to realise that Nigel is actually doing as well as anyone can be expected to at Derby. The only criticism i would have is his questionable substitutions and a weird habit of buying players ,not playing them then getting rid. Fans need to be careful what they wish for,because i doubt the grass would be greener on the other side.

Peter Griffin
March 4th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Although to be fair to Dowie i actually think he tried his best with us he just isn't a good manager. Paul Jewell looked like he couldn't even be bothered to try when he was managing Derby.

Paul Jewell was an utter cock when he managed us,if i didnt know better id swear he came in with the purpose of leaving Derby in a worse position then when he arrived.

Red Dog
March 4th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Jesus I can't believe you took this bait PG. It's the most transparent one in a long time. I couldnt give a fuck how many away fans we take anyway or if we have more home fans than you. I think it's very telling that's considered a victory these days between the two clubs just goes to show how insignificant we both are in the grand scheme of things at the minute.
This is a strange stance to take. As 90% of clubs are 'insignificant in the grand scheme of things' and that is probably being generous.

son_of_foley
March 4th, 2013, 2:11 PM
It's really not that strange at all. I find it a little sad that supporters of two reasonably sized clubs get into such petty arguments because in footballing terms neither have had anything to shout about for what 15 years?

RFF Champ
March 4th, 2013, 3:29 PM

Jewell lived about 200 miles away from Ipswich when he was managing them too.

Gary J
March 4th, 2013, 7:21 PM
Did he miss out on any big jobs while he was at Wigan that have just soured him on management because he genuinely looks like he can't be bothered to put an effort after leaving there?

Red Dog
March 5th, 2013, 4:20 AM
It's really not that strange at all. I find it a little sad that supporters of two reasonably sized clubs get into such petty arguments because in footballing terms neither have had anything to shout about for what 15 years?

I'm not getting into a debate about what we should be debating about but using that logic then all of what we have ever discussed is futile and no clubs under about the top 10 should be debating anything.

More than happy at this point to just stick solely to results on the pitch....

son_of_foley
March 5th, 2013, 4:39 AM
In which case we have owned you over the past 3 years

son_of_foley
March 5th, 2013, 4:39 AM
Did he miss out on any big jobs while he was at Wigan that have just soured him on management because he genuinely looks like he can't be bothered to put an effort after leaving there?

sextape did in for him I think

son_of_foley
March 5th, 2013, 4:42 AM
I'm not getting into a debate about what we should be debating about but using that logic then all of what we have ever discussed is futile and no clubs under about the top 10 should be debating anything.

More than happy at this point to just stick solely to results on the pitch....
Also I'm just saying I find the attendance thing pretty boring to be honest as we've been banging on about it on these boards for what 4 years. Covering the same shit over and over again is pretty dull that's all.

You lot look like getting playoffs I would imagine this year. We've given up for the year obviously. Happy to be as close to mid table as possible seemingly. Bit disheartening. Love the stability we have, something we havent had in a long while, love the fact the clubs being run well so hopefully we wont find ourselves in a 3 amigos type mess again for a while but it's hard to get excited about the slow build too much. Especially when players like Brayford, Hendrick and Hughes may be offski soon and you wonder how we'll replace them adequetly .

Red Dog
March 5th, 2013, 9:52 AM
In which case we have owned you over the past 3 years

Apart from the two years prior to last year where we finished above you of course.

son_of_foley
March 5th, 2013, 9:54 AM
Apart from the two years prior to last year where we finished above you of course.

Results on the pitch between us you mongo

Red Dog
March 5th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Results on the pitch between us you mongo

I meant over 46 games.

Not the two that you play out of your skin for.

JP
March 5th, 2013, 10:49 AM
:lol:

Thread title greatness.

Bennedy
March 5th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Met a Forest fan this weekend. He loves Billy Davies and thinks they will be promoted this year. He also had crazy eyes.

Gary J
March 5th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Loving the new thread title will be a little gutted to miss out on it all next season when we go up.

Gary J
March 5th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Of course it won't be an absence for long as i think we'll come straight back down so i'll probably still pay attention to the championship next season.

Gary J
March 5th, 2013, 11:12 AM
I'm gonna look stupid now when palace beat us tonight and i won't feel as confident about going up. Saying that after slagging off Lee Clarks management on here i fully expected Birmingham to do us but we just brushed them aside.

So i shall say just say now i have no idea how Palace are so high up the table as they have been shit whenever i've seem them.

JP
March 5th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Saying that after slagging off Lee Clarks management on here i fully expected Birmingham to do us but we just brushed them aside.

From Bruce, McLeish and Houghton to Clark. Just bloody depressing.

Gary J
March 5th, 2013, 11:31 AM
I can relate i watched a whole host of shit managers come in after we got rid of Horton in the mid 80's it wasn't until Peter Taylor came in 2002 that we got anyone decent. Hope for your own sake you don't have to wait that long.

Strange as it seems though i was never really convinced about Taylor despite the two promotions i mean he obviously did a great job but a lot of the time it just seemed what the hell he's playing at and we got there on luck (i realise it can't have been just that as it happened too often but i wasn't really that bothered when he left us for Palace which is strange considering everything he'd done for us)

son_of_foley
March 5th, 2013, 11:39 AM
I meant over 46 games.

Not the two that you play out of your skin for.

You know you need to try so much harder than this with me.

Chris Scott
March 5th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Big game vs Palace tonight Gary.

son_of_foley
March 5th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Expect Hull to beat them to be honest. Hull are looking really solid and have been for a while. I worried about the goals but your man Gedo seems to be happy enough to take care of that

Gary J
March 5th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Yeah we should beat them i'm pretty confident as like SOF says Gedo is scoring for fun and we aren't just relying on Koren for goals. George Boyd looked a bit bloody good at the weekend too.

son_of_foley
March 5th, 2013, 11:52 AM
I always thought Bruce was a bit shit like as a manager but he saw what was missing from that side, or someone did anyway, and they bloody went out and got it sorted.

Know there was a slice of luck with the egyptian lads but it looks as if the business was done very smartly

Gary J
March 5th, 2013, 11:57 AM
To be honest i was a bit skeptical about Bruce but yeah he has done a pretty good job and done a lot better then i thought he would. Hope we sign Elmohamady permanently in the summer can't believe he can't get into a poor sunderland team. Meyler and Brady were pretty important signings too.

I'm actaully thinking we can catch Cardiff now Hudson is injured. But then i remember just how good Fraizer Campbell is and realise i'll have to settle for 2nd.

Peter Griffin
March 5th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Right,as per the new thread title,all non derby or forest posts can :getout:

Simon
March 5th, 2013, 1:35 PM
Hull are gonna get banged in by Palace tonight.

Gary J
March 5th, 2013, 1:38 PM
Wouldn't surprise me after my boasts in here today.

Red Dog
March 5th, 2013, 1:44 PM
We are going to batter Hull when we play you.

JP
March 5th, 2013, 4:40 PM
Yeah, and we wi...oh :cry:

MichaelC
March 5th, 2013, 5:30 PM
Wouldn't surprise me after my boasts in here today.

:lol:

Football jinxing, Gary, it's practically a constant!

Chris Scott
March 5th, 2013, 5:40 PM
Kevin Phillips with 3, fuck me how long can he go on for.

Peter Griffin
March 5th, 2013, 5:42 PM
He came close to joining Derby years ago as well,would have loved a natural goalscorer like that at Derby.

Red Dog
March 5th, 2013, 7:06 PM
E i e i e i o up the football league we go!

JamieB
March 6th, 2013, 6:05 AM
Yeah we should beat them i'm pretty confident as like SOF says Gedo is scoring for fun and we aren't just relying on Koren for goals. George Boyd looked a bit bloody good at the weekend too.

Nah. SuperKev's goals were all a bit jammy but it wasn't even close. Could have been a lot more.

Loads of fans were moaning about signing him in Jan, forgetting that our back-up strikers were Wilbraham and Jermaine Easter and Phillips will be able to sniff out a goal when he is rolling around on his wheelchair

StevieV
March 6th, 2013, 8:32 AM
I'm thinking Forest might pip Brighton to the playoffs which will mean bye bye Poyet, Bridcutt, Ulloa, Bridge etc etc.

Concerning.

Simon
March 6th, 2013, 8:39 AM
Brighton are bang in form at the moment though aren't they? Not a great result last night but Huddersfield's late double against Boro meant it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Bridge and Bridcutt have been class, not seen much of Ulloa but he seems to be scoring the goals that CMS isn't capable of. Surprised Brighton don't hate Ulloa, usually they take a weird stance against any striker that scores goals - Murray and then Barnes both seemed to take loads of stick despite having decent records, while CMS is a hero despite scoring about as often as he gets his hair cut.

Chris Scott
March 6th, 2013, 8:49 AM
It's certainly exciting at the top and bottom of the Championship.

Red Dog
March 10th, 2013, 5:54 AM
In this forum you are. Me and Andy have a lot of arguments based on our biases but it at least tends to be relevant, rather than this inane prick-waving competition you two go on with.

Love Liverpool fans trying to dog Everton for losing in the quarter finals to a Premier League team, having gone out in the fourth round to a League One team. Moyes fucked it today, but at least he didn't come out afterwards telling everyone it was a great performance.
Having a go at Derby/Forest & Liverpool/Everton fans for having a bit of bias, baiting and banter due to local rivalry (which is what happens in actual real life) when some of your exchanges with Andy are borderline primary school - I dont think you are in much of a position to take the moral high ground. I wish I could remember the quote where you said you hoped one of their perm injured players died (or something similar). Dont get me wrong, it was funny, and I didnt and wouldnt "dog" you for it - but stop trying to eradicate harmless BANTER from a football forum, cheers x

Red Dog
March 10th, 2013, 6:02 AM
You know you need to try so much harder than this with me.
Ok...how about......
You are 12 points behind us and 7 points off the bottom of the table :)

Peter Griffin
March 10th, 2013, 6:58 AM
7 points? i thought it was 6 :shifty:

You have by far the better squad its sad to say,plus weve been decimated by injuries yet again, the only annoying thing tbh is the fact that since 'King Billys' been back youve gone on this run, if i see him lift the playoff trophy at wembley i will almost certainly vomit. Especially seeing as he got all teary when he got us up, bu then proceeded to be a giant cunt and fuck us over before painting us out to be the bad guys.

Gary J
March 10th, 2013, 7:24 AM
Red Dog i'm not quiet sure why you issued a tick tock in the other thread towards me as i doubt Hull will be playing Forest to collect our yearly 6 points for a while as we are going up this season automatically and you'll be failing in the play-offs and you'll probably go up as we go back down.

Red Dog
March 10th, 2013, 7:34 AM
We are playing you in 6 days you blithering idiot!

Gary J
March 10th, 2013, 7:40 AM
Doh! so we are for some reason Forest have just escaped my notice as they are a nothing club.

Red Dog
March 10th, 2013, 8:06 AM
Yeah we will see how much of a nothing club we are at the end of the season wont we :)

Gary J
March 10th, 2013, 8:17 AM
After my comments about Palace I probably should be worried really since i remember posting once something about how happy i'd be if we beat Forest in a play-off final. I'm sure you'll find it if we somehow fuck up and get beaten by your lot at wembley.

Red Dog
March 10th, 2013, 8:20 AM
As it stands we could be playing each other in the final.

Red Dog
March 10th, 2013, 8:22 AM
Although I have seen us reach 4 play offs and lose all of the semi finals so history would suggest chances of us actually getting to the final would appear slim.

Gary J
March 10th, 2013, 8:22 AM
Well we probably won't beat Burnley we never do. So we won't be back into the automatic spots after tomorrow.

Peter Griffin
March 13th, 2013, 8:51 AM
http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/Gg6Ksf0WU6aO01YUqhzcRg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en-GB/blogs/rankings-uk/davies1.jpg

:wanker:

Chris Scott
March 13th, 2013, 7:13 PM
So Millwall through to the semi then.

Peter Griffin
March 13th, 2013, 7:46 PM
As much as i hate Forest, Millwall are a proper scum team, hate them.

Chris Scott
March 13th, 2013, 7:49 PM
Imagine if Suarez played for them, I'd think you'd be in Jail by now.

Peter Griffin
March 13th, 2013, 7:54 PM
Suarez is too good for those scum :D

Chris Scott
March 13th, 2013, 8:14 PM
Well said PG.

Know you won't like this but just watched the BBC Late Kick Off about Billy Davies and Forest, though it was good.

Peter Griffin
March 13th, 2013, 8:18 PM
Billy Davies is very good at presenting himself as a good guy, hes got so many friends in the media, and it can only be down to this false image he presents. When he got sacked from Derby we were made out as the bad guys for sacking the man who got us promoted, when in reality that was only a part of the reason.

RFF Champ
March 14th, 2013, 4:26 AM
Well said PG.

Know you won't like this but just watched the BBC Late Kick Off about Billy Davies and Forest, though it was good.

Really? I thought it was a load of bollocks. It was intriguing at the start when they claimed to have had unprecedented access to Forest for two weeks but they didn't show anything at all enlightening or interesting. It was an advert for Davies, he goes to U18 games, he works a lot of hours and he can use video editing software.

They did the same last year with Notts County and that was equally bollocks apart from Uwe Rosler losing his rag at the woman for using her camera on the touchline.

Chris Scott
March 14th, 2013, 5:45 AM
Well yeah know what your saying could have been more in depth, but for what was shown I liked it.

Chris Scott
March 14th, 2013, 5:46 AM
Billy Davies is very good at presenting himself as a good guy, hes got so many friends in the media, and it can only be down to this false image he presents. When he got sacked from Derby we were made out as the bad guys for sacking the man who got us promoted, when in reality that was only a part of the reason.

Yeah he does really come across as a very decent guy, I don't know what happened between Derby and him so can't really say anything about that.

Red Dog
March 14th, 2013, 6:21 AM
Really? I thought it was a load of bollocks. It was intriguing at the start when they claimed to have had unprecedented access to Forest for two weeks but they didn't show anything at all enlightening or interesting. It was an advert for Davies, he goes to U18 games, he works a lot of hours and he can use video editing software.

They did the same last year with Notts County and that was equally bollocks apart from Uwe Rosler losing his rag at the woman for using her camera on the touchline.

This.

It was Billy Davies propaganda, nothing more. And it addressed every criticism that ever existed about him from his last tenure - Not caring about the academy, not being on the training ground all week, not getting on with the board.

However, my stance is still the same. The guy is a massive dick, but we have 5 wins on the trot. I dont care :)

Chris Scott
March 14th, 2013, 7:50 PM
Find that hard to believe but you know him better than me.

JamieB
March 16th, 2013, 6:04 AM
Any chance of Derby and Forest uniting today by beating our promotion rivals?

Peter Griffin
March 16th, 2013, 7:50 AM
I d like to think we can beat Leicester but we will have to see.

Red Dog
March 16th, 2013, 3:37 PM
Red Dog i'm not quiet sure why you issued a tick tock in the other thread towards me as i doubt Hull will be playing Forest to collect our yearly 6 points for a while as we are going up this season automatically and you'll be failing in the play-offs and you'll probably go up as we go back down.

HELLO GARY J

JamieB
March 16th, 2013, 9:38 PM
cheers boys

Peter Griffin
March 16th, 2013, 9:44 PM
No worries, I told Chris Martin to score for The Palace, as well as us. :yes:

BBF
March 17th, 2013, 3:53 AM
Tightest relegation battle I've ever seen at the foot of league two.

Red Dog
March 17th, 2013, 2:09 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/60422_10151380544459403_405613750_n.jpg

Red Dog
March 17th, 2013, 2:11 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/6165_10152648285245338_1776154479_n.jpg

Peter Griffin
March 17th, 2013, 2:19 PM
Derby vs Hull was a Tuesday night away game, so im not sure its a fair comparison, or what your point is, oh thats right Forest fans are some of the best and most vocal in the league now that they are doing well right? :rolleyes:

BBF
March 17th, 2013, 2:20 PM
WHY PETER GRIFFIN WHY!?

Peter Griffin
March 17th, 2013, 2:33 PM
yeh i should ignore the odious little prick really, good win for us yesterday anyway, bloody needed, could of had two pens in the first half as well.

Gary J
March 17th, 2013, 4:00 PM
Well done Red Dog your team finally got a win over us. I thought we played the better football, created the better chances of course Forest had a few too and it could have gone either way (saying that Gedo's miss at the end was a bit unforgivable)

Still was good to see Palace will slip up today. All the other results went our way. Asking for Cardiff to start losing would just be greedy and i think might just have to settle for 2nd.

Fryatt and Aluko should be fit again soon but I'm hoping Corry Evans will be fit shortly, we look so much more better when he plays.

Red Dog
March 17th, 2013, 4:18 PM
Well the main reason we havent beaten you there for 50 years or something is due to us not actually playing you very much in that time seeing as you have been bottom feeders for most your existence :)

That miss at the end was bad, about time we got some luck though. You definitely had your chances by all accounts. Makes up for the CG when your man punched the ball in the net eh!

I'm warming to Billy. If we beat Brighton in our next game that is 7 league wins on the trot - even Clough never did that!