PDA

View Full Version : Lost Season 6 - Shame it got cancelled.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Alf
May 20th, 2009, 12:02 PM
http://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/news/00024255.jpg

Hello Dudes,

Welcome to the final ever Lost thread ever. It saddens me to say that after many a long year, enduring ridiculous breaks in the broadcast schedule (bloody yanks), being bored to tears in Season 2 (cancelled! cancelled!), and it suddenly becoming bloody amazing since then... that this is the last ever series of lost.

Over the years we've had many a chat about what it all means, about the siginificance of that lingering glance, wondering if there is a subtext to the subtext, getting giddy over pictures of maps drawn on the back of hatch doors, being scared wet by a smoke monster, loving the shit out of Jin, wondering where WALT is, and debating who is the fittest (Claire).

There have been good times and bad times... but through it all the constant (pun) has been the tremendous contribution of you, my fellow posters. I can honestly say that you folks have added to my enjoyment of the show, and I love coming here to chat the breeze with you all.

Thanks Marlon.

So, season 6 is due to be a beauty. We've got lots of stuff to tie up, and to be honest I wonder if they actually will, or in typical Lost style will they leave us hanging? The latter would be ultimately frustrating but still sex. Who else remembers the "You can't stop there you fuckers!" feeling of the end of season 1?

We have Jacob's Enemy, what is he all about? What is the loophole? What are Jacob and his chum exactly? What do they want? Does one represent good and the other evil? Or like everything else are they shades of grey with their own motivations and agendas?

What about the losties in '77? Were they successful in stopping 815 ever happening? Personally I can't see how that would work in a believeable way, but then if I heard they would be doing time travel I would have sicked up too...

I reckon they will end up being the incident, and Faraday's 'whatever happened, happened' will hold true.

Who are Ilana and her groovy gang? What do they want? What was with her bandages?

Will Walt play a part? Where is Claire? etcetcetc

Season 6... mega...

The Rosk
May 20th, 2009, 12:06 PM
First post. I am fully intending on being Jacob.

Hulkamaniac
May 20th, 2009, 1:16 PM
Is it a repeat tonight?

Shadowless Films
May 20th, 2009, 1:21 PM
No Lost tonight!!! :( Noooooooooooooo~

Miotch
May 20th, 2009, 1:28 PM
I think Jacob's enemy is really You're Husband.

Fro
May 20th, 2009, 1:29 PM
Locke vs. Locke will be epic

Beefy
May 20th, 2009, 2:25 PM
being bored to tears in Season 2...

I'll never understand the season two hate. Ok the first time I watched season two it put me off the entire show but on repeat viewings it stands up well, not least because of how much really important stuff happens in it.

IMO, Season two was far stronger than Season five, which had some great 'WTF???' moments as always but went far too over the top even for Lost.

LOCONUT
May 20th, 2009, 2:46 PM
Who is the guy who gets all mad about the running gags? I have some new ones lined up for this season and I would like to humiliate him/them rather soon.

EdgeHead469
May 20th, 2009, 5:28 PM
Jack versus "evil" Locke.

1_Pablo_Angel
May 20th, 2009, 5:54 PM
Hopefully evil Locke wins. Jack is a tit.

virms
May 20th, 2009, 6:30 PM
All 17 episodes of Season 6 tonight! :hyper: In a 2 minute video package since it got canceled. :cry:

That was a hell of a post though Alf, got all the clever gags lined in there nicely.

The Great Dave
May 20th, 2009, 7:27 PM
Season 2 is great TV, shitty serial TV.

TapOut
May 20th, 2009, 9:09 PM
It was all Charlie on a backstage drug trip.

grimshaw
May 20th, 2009, 9:52 PM
My season 6 prediction.....

Claire > Kate

........it's like the Richard Alpert of jokes.

BlackShadow215
May 21st, 2009, 12:10 AM
Season six opener:

we get a shot of a beach. waves are crashing, birds are chirping. The sun is out and its a bright morning. In typical lost fashion, we see a man from the back as he walks out of the ocean. shirtless and ripped. he uses his hands to dry his long hair. he turns around to be revealed as Kate and we finally see she has a penis.

Simmo Fortyone
May 21st, 2009, 3:07 AM
OK, so I watched the finale yesterday (just quietly...fucking hell) and have let it sink in a bit. Read through everyone's stuff in the season 5 thread but my thoughts on this Jacob/Jacob's Enemy/Loophole business weren't replicated anywhere (not that I could see)...

To me, the "loophole" business meant that these two have been trapped on the island for god knows how long. Thousands of years. Every so often, a bunch of people come along and a bit of a war is waged, and one of them gets "killed", but for whatever reason (donkeywheeltimereset perhaps) they are sent back to square one, with them both being alive. But every now and then some of the changes stick - one of them being Richard who came along whenever and has stuck around.

Any questions?

So at points throughout this battle, they discover little things that can aid them - Jacob can leave the island (in spirit only, perhaps) but must return, both of them have found ways to "bring" people to the island to engage in their battles, and through trial and error Jacob's Enemy has found a "loophole" in the whole mythos/science that allows him to kill Jacob once and for all and be freed, a la Disney's Aladdin.

So they're both gearing up for one big crack at it all - Jacob goes and finds all these folk back in the 70's/80's and sets them on their path. Jacob's Enemy finds his own crew (Ilana, Cesar, etc) and sets them on their path. They all come along and Jacob's Enemy has his plan all set (take Locke's form, get Ben to kill Jacob), but Jacob has a counter attack planned ("They're coming...") involving his crew. Hence season 6.

And here's the odd part...

A thought entered my head that I couldn't shake - Jacob plus the Oceanic crew and Alpert's mob are the "bad guys" trying to keep a stronghold on the island, and Jacob's Enemy, Ilana's crew and Charles Widmore are the "good guys" trying to use the island to cure cancer or some shit. Not sure why I thought that and not sure how I can justify it, but it made sense to me at the time of viewing. Religion v science and that, innit.

I still feel no less confused having gotten all that out of my head.

Morrison
May 21st, 2009, 3:23 AM
Jacob went to Ilana and asked her to do a favor for him, so how does she end up on the side of Jacob's Enemy?

son_of_foley
May 21st, 2009, 3:41 AM
I'll never understand the season two hate. Ok the first time I watched season two it put me off the entire show but on repeat viewings it stands up well, not least because of how much really important stuff happens in it.

IMO, Season two was far stronger than Season five, which had some great 'WTF???' moments as always but went far too over the top even for Lost.

Agree. For the most part it was grounded in tribe vs tribe stuff and lots of twists. I enjoyed season 2 quite a bit.

Alf
May 21st, 2009, 3:55 AM
Maybe it was because it got raped in the schedule (three breaks wasn't it?) but I remember watching it being a chore. Other stuff fucked me off like 'How long will it take to train an army' and Sawyer's boring take-over. I'll probably love it on the repeat viewing.

grimshaw
May 21st, 2009, 4:03 AM
I found Sawyer's takeover to be great, and was really looking forward to evil-charlie wanting revenge on overbearing, holier-than-thou Locke. Unfortunately they went back on it and kind of pretended it didn't happen.

I *loved* Season 2, the drama of the tailies' journey across the Island was amazing, culminating in Shannon's death. To be fair I was late to the party and watched about half the season in the space of a couple of days so scheduling didn't affect me.

Also, Season 2's opening was the first "Lost season opener WOW moment", when you realise you're going to see this whole new perspective. Blew my brain off at the time.

son_of_foley
May 21st, 2009, 4:05 AM
YUS

Simmo Fortyone
May 21st, 2009, 4:09 AM
Jacob went to Ilana and asked her to do a favor for him, so how does she end up on the side of Jacob's Enemy?
Something happened between now and then that fucked her off?

son_of_foley
May 21st, 2009, 4:21 AM
I don't think it's what happened but perhaps she got talked around as well. I mean Jacob is a believer in free-will so perhaps he hoped she would make the right choice. I think though she is on Jacob and Richards side.

I dont think dead locke will come back. I think Locke is dead but the actor will play this bad guy now.

grimshaw
May 21st, 2009, 5:49 AM
It's entirely possible Ilana could be on Jacob's side: maybe she changes her mind, maybe she was lying. Or maybe she's got some personal motives and she's on neither side!

Matt E
May 21st, 2009, 6:04 AM
I always found season 3 worse than season 2. That one seemed to take forever to get going. The stuff with Jack/Kate/Sawyer and the Others wasn't anything special, though there was a ridiculous break in the middle of it all as well which didn't help. Sun's pregnancy was pretty dull, Desmond's flashes were good but they were only a subplot. None of the newer characters introduced were particularly interesting, Juliet was basically just thrown into the love triangle. Nikki and Paulo were the most pointless additions to the show ever. I can't remember that season really getting going until Naomi parachutes in, before that it was really stop start.

Red Dog
May 21st, 2009, 6:07 AM
I always found season 3 worse than season 2. That one seemed to take forever to get going. The stuff with Jack/Kate/Sawyer and the Others wasn't anything special, though there was a ridiculous break in the middle of it all as well which didn't help. Sun's pregnancy was pretty dull, Desmond's flashes were good but they were only a subplot. None of the newer characters introduced were particularly interesting, Juliet was basically just thrown into the love triangle. Nikki and Paulo were the most pointless additions to the show ever. I can't remember that season really getting going until Naomi parachutes in, before that it was really stop start.
Thats my only gripe with the show (and its whoever commisions the shows fault, not the producers) that a fair few episodes in S2 and S3 were just filler episodes (Nikki and Paulo being a good example) and now they might not have enough time to answer all the questions. For example they have said they arnt going to say anything more about Libby's story.

Marlon Dingle
May 21st, 2009, 6:16 AM
I cant choose a worst season cause they all have their negative points and they all have their positives. I can however point out the worst episodes. 'Outlaws' back in season one, Sawyer chases a wild hog about the jungle convinced its a reincarnation of some guy he killed in Sydney. Really bad episode.

EdgeHead469
May 21st, 2009, 8:18 AM

Agree. Season 3, excluding the finale of the season, was the worse so far. I would rank them;

1. Season 4
2. Season 1
3. Season 5
4. Season 2
5. Season 3

Even though Jack was much improved in season 3 as an actor in his role. I loved him in the surgery scene where he took over the camp, basically using Ben's surgery as his weapon.

BlackShadow215
May 21st, 2009, 2:03 PM
I'd rank them:
1. Season 4
2. Season 1
3. Season 5
4. Season 3
5. Season 2

As for rankings on only Season Finales, I'd go: Season 3, Season 1, Season 4, Season 5, Season 2

The "ridiculous break" in Season 3 was because so many people whined and bitched about the multiple breaks and reruns that aired during Season 2. Considering ABC had to stretch about 23 hours Lost programing,within 8 months, there would logically be multiple breaks and reruns aired. So to respond to this criticism, they aired only the first six hours, took a few months off and aired the remaining 15 or so hours in a straight block. People still complained. Which doesn't make much sense, it isn't as if they could produce 30-35 episodes per season and not have a single break or rerun in there.

Prototype16
May 21st, 2009, 2:28 PM
I agree that Season 3 was a bit slow to get going, but once it did I thought it was excellent- pretty much from when they left the other island. The second half of Season 3right through to the end of 4 was the strongest the show has been.

Alf
May 21st, 2009, 3:40 PM
The "ridiculous break" in Season 3 was because so many people whined and bitched about the multiple breaks and reruns that aired during Season 2. Considering ABC had to stretch about 23 hours Lost programing,within 8 months, there would logically be multiple breaks and reruns aired. So to respond to this criticism, they aired only the first six hours, took a few months off and aired the remaining 15 or so hours in a straight block. People still complained. Which doesn't make much sense, it isn't as if they could produce 30-35 episodes per season and not have a single break or rerun in there.

Oh, thanks for the recap.

Since when are the seasons 30 episodes?

24 manages to produce 24 eps in a run.

It's got little to do with production and more to do with that ridiculous sweeps thing you do over there, and execs wanting to air the biggest eps of their biggest shows during that period to skew the ratings. Which is obvious, and idiotic, and pointless.

Aero
May 21st, 2009, 4:08 PM
1. Season 1
2. Season 3
3. Season 5
4. Season 2
5. Season 4

It appears I'm in the opposite with my rankings. The order of 2 and 4 could probably change after the eventual re-watchings, but I did re-watch everything before the start of this past season, and that's the order I'm sticking to for now.

I think the reason I rank season 4 so low is simply because I mostly look back at it now as the Oceanic 6 season. It was huge stuff at first, but it eventually just got really boring, especially when several episodes at the start of season 5 dealt exclusively with off-island stuff and ignored Sawyer, Locke, and crew on-island. Now that I look back at the Oceanic 6's individual stories off-island in season 4, I can't say that any of them really excited me, I guess, outside of when Ben and Locke each ventured off island and intervened with the six.

Before I explain why I liked season 3 so much, I'll just preface with the fact that I was able to watch seasons 1-3 straight through on DVD without the annoying breaks. That said, if I was forced to watch season 3 on TV, I probably wouldn't like it as much as I do. I admit that the first half wasn't that great, but I personally think that the second half (everything from 'Enter 77' onward except for 'Expose') was the best period of LOST out of everything. And yes, 'Through the Looking Glass' is the best finale out of all the seasons, too.

Every season of LOST is amazing TV, anyway, so the rankings don't mean much in the long run. The only two episodes I even consider to be bad were 'Fire + Water' in season 2 (the one where Charlie MUST baptize Aaron) and 'Stranger in a Strange Land' in season 3 (the exhilarating origin of Jack's tattoos).

VanillaJello
May 21st, 2009, 4:44 PM
I agree that Season 3 was a bit slow to get going, but once it did I thought it was excellent- pretty much from when they left the other island. The second half of Season 3right through to the end of 4 was the strongest the show has been.

Agreed completely.

Once the end date was set, the show caught fire with its writing.

Season 4 will always be my favorite.

1. Season 4
2. Season 1
3. Season 5
4. Season 3
5. Season 2

Hulkamaniac
May 21st, 2009, 5:55 PM
What IS the signifigance of Jack's Tattoos?

Alf
May 21st, 2009, 5:59 PM
"He walks among us, but he is not one of us" - I suppose they could somehow tie this in now with the whole 'he who will save us' thing. I.e Jack is something else.

Hulkamaniac
May 21st, 2009, 6:05 PM
Jack is going to be Jacob. Locke is his enemy, Jack is Jacob.

virms
May 21st, 2009, 6:25 PM
I almost think it would be the opposite based of their characters thus far in the series. Jack has definitely wanted to kill Locked numerous times and even then Locke looked upon Jack with respect.

Hulkamaniac
May 21st, 2009, 6:28 PM
I dont mean that they always were.

LOCONUT
May 21st, 2009, 6:40 PM
Jack = Jacob for sure.

I have been saying this since Season 3 you fucking pieces of shit.

Shadowless Films
May 21st, 2009, 8:28 PM
Who were the names on Jacobs list from a few seasons ago?

Aero
May 21st, 2009, 9:29 PM
I'm pretty sure that the names on the list have yet to be revealed as we've only heard bits and pieces when the Others have talked about it. Mikhail said that Locke, Kate, and Sayid weren't on the list. I think we can assume that anyone that was abducted by the Others from the tail section were on the list, like the stewardess and the two little kids.

Klugh gave Michael the list of survivors to bring back to the Others camp, but that apparently had no connection to Jacob's list as it was just part of the plan to get Jack to do Ben's surgery.

Now that I'm thinking about Jacob's list in regards to the tail section people, I assume the history of the lists is flawed or a plot hole. In the finale, when Ben confronts Jacob, he complains about all the lists that Jacob gave to Richard to give to himself, but in the season 3 opener, when Ben sends Ethan & Goodwinn to their respective plane wreckages, he says that he wants lists in three days. So the question is: What's the difference between Jacob's list(s) and lists designated to Ethan & Goodwinn? Probably just a plot error, but something to think about.

Atty
May 21st, 2009, 10:01 PM
I always thought the lists Ben wanted from Ethan and Goodwin were simply lists of who the survivors are, etc.

Jacob's list(s), I presume, are a very different thing. I assume Jack's on Jacob's list but, beyond that, I have no clue on them.

Aero
May 21st, 2009, 10:22 PM
Didn't Mikhail mention getting a manifest or something similar when Ben brought Juliet to the Flame station the morning of the crash? I might be remembering it incorrectly, but if that's the case, then it would indicate that Ethan and Goodwin's lists were something different.

Marlon Dingle
May 22nd, 2009, 3:13 AM
Jack = Jacob for sure.

I have been saying this since Season 3 you fucking pieces of shit.

Stop stealing Alf's theory. Unless you have proof to back it up.

son_of_foley
May 22nd, 2009, 4:22 AM
Lads the guy Swayer shot in the 1st season that wasn't Mr Sawyer in the end was it? He had got it wrong yeah? So do we have that to be revealed? As I'm assuming he's going to be linked in to the main arc

Atty
May 22nd, 2009, 4:31 AM
Lads the guy Swayer shot in the 1st season that wasn't Mr Sawyer in the end was it? He had got it wrong yeah? So do we have that to be revealed? As I'm assuming he's going to be linked in to the main arc

It's been resolved. It was Locke's father. Ben/Jacob/the island transported him there in season 3 to try and get Locke to kill him. Locke didn't, but took him to the Black Rock and brought Sawyer there. Sawyer finds out who he is and chokes him to death with a chain.

...Locke's father was saying that they all, himself included, already dead the whole time...

Alf
May 22nd, 2009, 5:14 AM

Yeah, biatch... or me and my hommies are going to roll you over like a fat stripper.

Alf
May 22nd, 2009, 5:16 AM
Didn't Mikhail mention getting a manifest or something similar when Ben brought Juliet to the Flame station the morning of the crash? I might be remembering it incorrectly, but if that's the case, then it would indicate that Ethan and Goodwin's lists were something different.

Even if they had a manifest they'd still need a list of survivors. It's a bloody plane crash.

I'd suggest that what Mihail and Pickett consider to be 'the list' are not infact 'the lists'. Ben is tricksy, Ben is false, he's had his own agenda for yonks.

Fro
May 22nd, 2009, 9:12 AM
It's been resolved. It was Locke's father. Ben/Jacob/the island transported him there in season 3 to try and get Locke to kill him. Locke didn't, but took him to the Black Rock and brought Sawyer there. Sawyer finds out who he is and chokes him to death with a chain.

...Locke's father was saying that they all, himself included, already dead the whole time...

I think he meant the guy Sawyer killed in Australia. From wikipedia:

Later, as Sawyer is seducing another woman, another partner (played by Robert Patrick) informs him of the whereabouts of the original Sawyer who conned his parents. Sawyer travels to Australia to confront the man, and shoots him. Before he dies, Sawyer realizes that his partner had conned him into killing someone who owed money to an important person.

I doubt anything more will come of it.

son_of_foley
May 22nd, 2009, 9:19 AM

I need to go back and watch these as I'ld forgotten all about lockes father. I thought the whole real mr sawyer thing hadn't been resolved but it clearly had.

LOCONUT
May 22nd, 2009, 12:05 PM

I have been saying this since far before Alf even began posting here. The proof is in all of the LOST threads. I'll prove it to you by having you go read all of them.

Alf
May 22nd, 2009, 12:21 PM
Stop stealing my ideas man.

TapOut
May 22nd, 2009, 12:28 PM
I wonder if the series will end with their original flight touching down in LA and everybody getting off the plane as they got on (i.e. Locke in the wheelchair, Jack to bury his dad, Kate in custody, etc.) except this time at peace with themselves and their issues.

Alf
May 22nd, 2009, 12:32 PM
Probably.

BlackShadow215
May 22nd, 2009, 4:14 PM
I hope not, I'm not a big fan of finales that basically give the idea that "It was a dream or in someone's head" or "It never happend." Maybe if done well, but most of the time it only comes off as a cop out. I works with the concept of Lost, but I hope it doesn't happen.

Mr. Boombastic
May 22nd, 2009, 5:01 PM
With all of the discussion of the best season, I thought I would throw a twist onto that question and ask you guys who you thought the MVP of each season has been thus far. I guess I am kinda basing it on the acting job combined with the role or storyline the character had for each season, but its all subjective so just curious on your thoughts.

Season 1: Jack
This is really the only no-brainer. He was the leader, heart and soul of the show, and was involved in basically every storyline of the first season, even if it wasnt Jack-centric.

Season 2: Locke
The mysteriousness of the Locke character along with the intrigue of the hatch and "pushing the button" I thought was great to kinda see the development of Locke and his attachment to the island. People complain about season two, but I think Locke really made this season pretty great, even if the hatch turned out to provide us with little actual effecting the big picture but a few clues about Dharma. Locke has been my favorite character since this season.

Season 3: Ben Linus
Ben was great in season 2, even though he pretty much just sat in a cell and got the shit beat out of him, but season 3 we finally get to learn more about him and his leadership role with the others, as well as his manipulative dark side. Best actor on the show overall and he stole season 3.

Season 4: Desmond
This was the toughest call as I think Locke, Jack, and Ben were great in this season as well, which is why it was such a good season. I think the Penny storyline pushed it over the edge with their reunion, along with the fact that through Desmond we first really learn about the time traveling and more sci-fi aspects of the show that dominated this past season.

Season 5: Sawyer
This was another tough one to pick as we were constantly jumping following multiple different stories at once, but I think watching him go full circle from the beginning of the series to the leader type he become in Dharma was great, while still keeping himself with a little edge to him. Just the finale alone, I couldnt help but think, damn, "Sawyer really made this season great."

TapOut
May 22nd, 2009, 5:41 PM
I really loved season 2, to be honest. Maybe it has to do with not watching it when it was on TV and instead having the luxury of being able to watch the episodes from back to back, but Locke and the whole Henry Gale saga was awesome, I though. Also seeing Sawyer turn into less of a douche was great.

If anything, the button and the hatch not being a huge deal in the big picture of things actually helped Locke's character, as it makes him question his intuition and gave Jack bragging rights.

I hope not, I'm not a big fan of finales that basically give the idea that "It was a dream or in someone's head" or "It never happend." Maybe if done well, but most of the time it only comes off as a cop out. I works with the concept of Lost, but I hope it doesn't happen.

If the plane touched down and everyone got off, it doesn't mean it was a dream or whatever. It very well could have happened and been the reason they touch down in LA in the first place with a sense of inner-peace.

LOCONUT
May 22nd, 2009, 6:22 PM
The show will end just as it began, with them crashing on the Island.

grimshaw
May 22nd, 2009, 9:21 PM
Mr B, I think you could make a case for Faraday in Season 5?

Chris
May 23rd, 2009, 6:13 AM
Season 1: Jack
This is really the only no-brainer. He was the leader, heart and soul of the show, and was involved in basically every storyline of the first season, even if it wasnt Jack-centric.
I'd go with Locke personally. Jack dealt with the more immediate concerns (finding shelter, medical aid, preparing for The Others, etc), but Lockereally fleshed out the show. He was an asset to the group, but an outsider that many weren't sure whether to trust or not. He put various characters on different paths, such as taking Boone under his wing or dealing with Charlie's drug addiction. He was the first to have a major dealing with the smoke monster, both looking it in the eye and wanting to be dragged underground by it in the finale. And his gradual unearthing of the hatch was the first big mystery of the show.

One of my favourite scenes to this day is Locke pounding on the hatch, asking what the island wants from him, only for the light to suddenly switch on.

Season 3 is definitely Ben in my book. Just a superb character from the very beginning - cruel, manipulative, mysterious, vulnerable. I think both Seasons 2 and 4 are harder to pick an MVP for, as everyone has their moments to shine (aside from maybe Charlie in season 2, given that he became stupidly annoying that season). For Season 5 I'd say Sawyer, simply because the way he turned out was so refreshing. I had a blast watching a Sawyer who thought before acting, had become more comfortable with himself and who had become a leader that commanded respect. I was less interested in the Losties' cover being blown than I was in Sawyer and Juliet's happy life crumbling before their eyes in the final episodes.

Beefy
May 23rd, 2009, 6:57 AM
Mr Eko is clearly Season Two's MVP.

BlackShadow215
May 23rd, 2009, 10:34 AM
I would go with Locke for Season 1 MVP. Runner-Up to Sayid.
Season 2 MVP is Locke again. Runner-Up to Eko and Ben
Season 3 MVP is Jack. A very close second in Locke and Ben
Season 4 MVP is Ben. Runner-Up Jack.
Season 5 MVP is Sawyer. Runner-up is Juliet.

TapOut
May 23rd, 2009, 10:43 AM

I think this is definitely where I'd go.

Locke really became my favorite character in seasons 1 and 2... I also enjoyed his backstory more than anyone else.

Season 3 definitely was about Jack for me. I enjoyed Ben, but the way Jack handled himself in the camp was pretty awesome.

BlackShadow215
May 23rd, 2009, 10:57 AM
Season 3 was a great turning point not only for the character of Jack, but for the actor Matthew Fox as well. During Seasons 1 and 2, I thought he was just good. But there were so many great moments in Season 3 for Jack. The scene where he sees the video or the Red Sox winning the World Series, the surgery of Ben, when he's helpinf Juliet after she's branded, and of course the Season Finale where his performances was one of the best in all the seasons of Lost. And since then, Fox has done an excellent job.

Ringo
May 23rd, 2009, 11:19 AM

Jack, Jack, Jack, Jack, Jack.

grimshaw
May 23rd, 2009, 11:38 AM
WE HAVE TO GO BACK

Alf
May 23rd, 2009, 1:55 PM
Quick theory - Widmore wanted Ben in season 4 to prevent him moving the island, and prevent the losties going back in time.

Eloise obviously knew her son would eventually be sent back in time, does she know more detail than that? Perhaps she'd attempted to get Widmore to step in to prevent it happening...

Perhaps the Eloise Desmond met in his flashes was from further in the future, and so she knows from that experience that whatever happens, happens.

grimshaw
May 23rd, 2009, 9:11 PM
But if Eloise tried to get Widmore to stop them going back in time in order to save Faraday, she did a pretty poor job, as he sent Faraday to do it.

If she was trying to save her son, she wouldn't send him on this doomed mission. My theory is that Widmore (and maybe Eloise) sent these guys because they'd met them in the past so they had to make sure they showed up.

BlackShadow215
May 25th, 2009, 2:26 AM
Watching the rerun of the Season 4 finale on ABC right now. The entire final scenes are just perfectly executed. Jack telling everyone they have to lie, Desmond's reunion with Penny, The Oceanic Six on the raft (with the music), and of course the final scene in the funeral home. Not as good as the Season 3 finale, but some of the best scenes in Lost's run so far.

Marlon Dingle
May 25th, 2009, 5:28 AM
I just watched Yes Man, and it had old Eloise sucking off Jim Carrey. That something you dont expect when you put on a Cert 12 film. Very disturbing.

Marlon Dingle
May 25th, 2009, 5:54 AM
Watching the rerun of the Season 4 finale on ABC right now. The entire final scenes are just perfectly executed. Jack telling everyone they have to lie, Desmond's reunion with Penny, The Oceanic Six on the raft (with the music), and of course the final scene in the funeral home. Not as good as the Season 3 finale, but some of the best scenes in Lost's run so far.

Going back to the music, I loved this season's episode '316'. When they are boarding the plane it's the same music as the finale of season one when they board the plane except this time, theres a creepy violin part that plays in between the piano section. The music in Season 4's 'There's No Place Like Home Part 1' when the plane touches down and the O6 are reunited with their families. I cried the other week when I was watching that scene. :cry: Surely music for a TV show shouldn't be able to do that, but somehome Michael Giacchino pulls it off.

Hulkamaniac
May 25th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Mr Eko is clearly Season Two's MVP.

I'd agree.

Matt E
May 25th, 2009, 4:55 PM
Going back to the music, I loved this season's episode '316'.

Just started rewatching again from season 1, remembered how great the music is from the first few episodes, mainly the first piece from the pilot which they then bulked out for the end of 'Walkabout' -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYfKHVdmjzQ

BlackShadow215
May 25th, 2009, 5:25 PM
I remember when the pilot originally aired I thought both parts were just Ok. The next episode was about the same. But it wasn't until Walkabout that you realize that this show was going to be a lot different than you'd expect. This was definitely the first great episode.

Alf
May 26th, 2009, 5:20 AM
Just started rewatching again from season 1, remembered how great the music is from the first few episodes, mainly the first piece from the pilot which they then bulked out for the end of 'Walkabout' -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYfKHVdmjzQ

Fuck me, I'd forgotten all about that... that was immense. I want to watch series 1 now.

Daniel Dae Kim is performing in The King And I at the Royal Albert Hall here in little London village. I'm going to see it.

Winkle van Tinkle
May 26th, 2009, 8:43 AM
I'm genuinely annoyed at the lack of talk about Bernard's beard. It was almost rivalling Jack's.

Also, that bird who talks about lying in the shadow of the statue (Illana?) gets her chebs out in Season 2 of Rome :yes:

The Rosk
May 26th, 2009, 9:02 AM
I'll bet they are a cup size smaller than I would expect. Slut.

VanillaJello
May 26th, 2009, 10:42 AM
I need to go back and watch these as I'ld forgotten all about lockes father. I thought the whole real mr sawyer thing hadn't been resolved but it clearly had.

If you have any trouble finding it, the episode where all that goes down is called 'The Brig' Season 3, Episode 19.

VanillaJello
May 26th, 2009, 10:48 AM
I just watched Yes Man, and it had old Eloise sucking off Jim Carrey. That something you dont expect when you put on a Cert 12 film. Very disturbing.

Young... or old?

Edit: FUCK. Double post.

Alf
May 26th, 2009, 10:51 AM
I'm genuinely annoyed at the lack of talk about Bernard's beard. It was almost rivalling Jack's.

Also, that bird who talks about lying in the shadow of the statue (Illana?) gets her chebs out in Season 2 of Rome :yes:

Is she the one that gets proper rattled on the table? That was brilliant.

Hulkamaniac
May 26th, 2009, 12:10 PM
That rather wonderful video from Walkabout has given me an idea.

Alf
May 26th, 2009, 12:15 PM
'Mik's top 100 TV scenes that he'll never finish'

Hulkamaniac
May 26th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Haha. I was going to make reference to the fact that I'd never finish it.

Hulkamaniac
May 26th, 2009, 6:53 PM
I'm going to attempt to bide the time by ranking the best Lost scenes of all time, starting by listing them from an episode to episode basis. To begin with, the opening scene of the first episode. Delivering absolutely everything that it promises, intriguing and fascinating from the very opening. Breathless throughout, the initial reveal of the plane crash, the creation of Jack as the league, the little bit of smoke as the guy gets sucked into the engine giving us our first Lost tidbit to sit and analyse into the fucking ground. Hooked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-ChsNZQ6_Q&feature=related

Hulkamaniac
May 26th, 2009, 6:57 PM
If you WERENT hooked there. A half an hour later and you got your introduction to the coolest character and the biggest mystery on the Island. If you werent hooked by then, you switched it off and have never watched it since and you probably arent in this thread anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxY7O4tS7lQ

Hulkamaniac
May 26th, 2009, 7:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYo65cMu8IU&feature=related

A memorable scene and what could end up being one of the most significant of the entire series featured right in the second ever episode.

Alf
May 26th, 2009, 7:21 PM
RACIST.

What was the secret? I've forgotten. Was it about his cripple legs?

Hulkamaniac
May 26th, 2009, 7:22 PM
It was about a 'miracle'.

Marlon Dingle
May 27th, 2009, 7:08 AM
"I've looked into the eye of this island, and what I saw was beautiful."

Is it sad to have quoted this from memory?

The Rosk
May 27th, 2009, 7:14 AM
It's fewer than twenty words. It's not as if you are quoting a Sassoon poem.

Winkle van Tinkle
May 27th, 2009, 8:53 AM
hAS LOCKE TOLD ASNYONE HE WAS A RASPBERRY RIPPLE IN REAL LIFE??

son_of_foley
May 27th, 2009, 8:56 AM
Your mum in the hope of a discount

EdgeHead469
May 27th, 2009, 9:06 AM
Amazing. 50 minutes into season 1 and Kate is already telling Jack that if he is going, she is coming with him. I really want to go back and watch season 1-5 because it is cool to be able to piece everything together as you go that you did not know at the time.

Alf
May 27th, 2009, 9:11 AM
That's usually how stories work.

EdgeHead469
May 27th, 2009, 9:15 AM
That's usually how stories work.

I know, but with LOST the writing and story telling is just so phenomenal it makes it 10x better to repeat watching the series. The writers are sensational at piecing together all of the numerous loose ends.

Hulkamaniac
May 27th, 2009, 6:30 PM
The infamous message from the second half of the pilot episode, again building early on this mystery and making us wonder just what the hell is going on, a feeling that we'd certainly get used to over the years. At this point we knew that we were going to be asking questions and waiting for answers for many seasons to come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4SReK0KjIg

Hulkamaniac
May 27th, 2009, 6:32 PM
A fucking Polar Bear? On a fucking tropical Island?

And what is the crack with Walt?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD1RYLoSy5I

Hulkamaniac
May 27th, 2009, 6:38 PM
The first big twist as we learn that our leading lady has a dangerous past.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN5qEomOjyk

Marlon Dingle
May 28th, 2009, 3:35 AM
At this point we knew that we were going to be asking questions and waiting for answers for many seasons to come.

How were we to know we'd be waiting "many seasons" for the answers?

But Mik fair play to you. You've made me want to go and watch it all again from the very start.

Hulkamaniac
May 28th, 2009, 6:26 AM
How were we to know we'd be waiting "many seasons" for the answers?

Because within a couple of episodes people were comparing the show to The X Files.

Winkle van Tinkle
May 28th, 2009, 7:22 AM
Who has the best beard?

Sayid
http://weblogs.newsday.com/entertainment/tv/blog/sayid.jpg

Faraday
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_KTJWhtuRLac/R8hVv-0reVI/AAAAAAAABUI/rPqsPT8rEw4/s400/lost_daniel_faraday.png

Tom
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/58/Tom-Lost.jpg

Hurley
http://lost-streams.com/snatched/5x11-hurley.jpg

Charlie
http://www.poptower.com/images/db/4703/420/300/dominic-monaghan.jpg

Mr Eko
http://msnbcmedia3.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/061102/061102_eko_new_vertical.widec.jpg

Desmond
http://thetvaddict.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/desmond.jpg

Sawyer
http://home.blarg.net/%7Ewayule/graphics/lost_s5e05_sawyer_beard.jpg

Bernard
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/lostpedia/images/thumb/e/e6/5x16-Bernard.jpg/250px-5x16-Bernard.jpg

Jack
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_w4CpUOrIJz4/SaRfQLy9Y5I/AAAAAAAAAII/973QKcSRcEc/s400/jack+beard.jpg
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r117/vivaboyo/jack_beard_o.jpg
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/channelsurfing/uploaded_images/jack-787483.jpg

Alf
May 28th, 2009, 7:44 AM
We should do a Jackface poll.

Marlon Dingle
May 28th, 2009, 7:45 AM
We should do a Jackface poll.

Take your pick.

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Jackface

Ahhhhhh its been a while.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/lostpedia/images/thumb/0/0f/Jackface%212.jpg/800px-Jackface%212.jpg

Alf
May 28th, 2009, 7:48 AM
http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/File:Jackface_2.jpg

That one.

Funboy
May 28th, 2009, 8:07 AM
Tom's beard was fake though, wasn't it!?

I'd go for Desomond's or Sawyer's - manly men with manly beards.. Prob shave every morning but their excess testosterone enables the rugged look..

Alf
May 28th, 2009, 12:28 PM
For anyone who wants to plough through the series again...

Lost 1, 2, and 3 are 13.99 on HMV. And 4 is 17.99.

Get involved.

N.E.R.F.
May 28th, 2009, 1:07 PM
Alf I love you and hate you at the very same time. Can't afford all of them but they're never going to be ths low again.........

Alf
May 28th, 2009, 1:43 PM
I just got paid and can't really afford them... but fuck it, think of it as an investment for the winter.

BlackShadow215
May 28th, 2009, 3:37 PM
I'd love to vote Jack's beard, but supposedly it was a fake. So my vote goes to Desmond ro Sawyer.

And the best Jackface moment goes to the Season 2 Finale when he reveals to Kate, Sawyer and Hurley that Michael was setting them up: "Tell them! TELL THEM!!!

Hulkamaniac
May 28th, 2009, 7:05 PM
Jack's beard was a fake?! No way.

Marlon Dingle
May 29th, 2009, 3:40 AM
I'd love to vote Jack's beard, but supposedly it was a fake. So my vote goes to Desmond ro Sawyer.

And the best Jackface moment goes to the Season 2 Finale when he reveals to Kate, Sawyer and Hurley that Michael was setting them up: "Tell them! TELL THEM!!!

I know exactly what Jackface you are talking about. Haha, it was like just raw emotion flooding out through his facial expression, it was almost too much emotion that I felt a bit sick the first time I watched that.

BlackShadow215
May 29th, 2009, 6:56 AM
I'm trying to remember if Jackface made any apperances in Season 5? Since he was a man of faith and a lot more tame, I don't think it made any appearances yet. Anyone know?

Alf
May 29th, 2009, 7:03 AM
Yeah, loads.

Didn't he pull a great one when he refused to help Kate with Ben?

BlackShadow215
May 29th, 2009, 7:04 AM
Hmm, I don't remember. But it wasn't intense enough if he did. Since he was pretty mellow in that scene.

Marlon Dingle
May 29th, 2009, 7:09 AM
I posted a Season 5 jackface on this page.

Also I', sure there must have been one when Locke came back to visit him off the island.

BlackShadow215
May 29th, 2009, 7:12 AM
I posted a Season 5 jackface on this page.

Also I', sure there must have been one when Locke came back to visit him off the island.

My bad.

http://www.docarzt.com/wp-content/gallery/promo-507/promo_507_09.jpg

Hulkamaniac
May 29th, 2009, 7:19 PM
I fucking love Jack. Almost too much.

Ozanne
May 30th, 2009, 9:18 AM
For anyone who wants to plough through the series again...

Lost 1, 2, and 3 are 13.99 on HMV. And 4 is 17.99.

Get involved.

Some good offers right there, but I think I'm gonna wait a year and a bit till all seasons come out on blu ray in massive pack. Will be mega expensive, but gloriously sexy!

And I do also love Jack, proably too much as well...

Beefy
May 30th, 2009, 9:36 AM
I hate Jack. Always have done.

Hulkamaniac
May 30th, 2009, 9:38 AM
You must like finding yourself on the side of wrong then.

thetony
May 30th, 2009, 11:00 AM
There are many characters on Lost that I dislike. No one comes close to how much I hate Jack.

Shadowless Films
May 31st, 2009, 2:22 AM
There are many characters on Lost that I dislike. No one comes close to how much I hate Jack.

GO watch the first two seasons again, I must agree Jack is pretty damn annoying.

TapOut
May 31st, 2009, 3:23 AM
Jack is amazing in the first season. Beating the shit out of Charlie until he came back to life is one of my favorite scenes in the series. Standing up to Christian was pretty cool too.

Jack is the man with the master plan.

Atty
May 31st, 2009, 4:16 AM
And THE BEARD!

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/channelsurfing/uploaded_images/jack-787483.jpg

How can you dislike someone with a beard like that? Plus, he listens to The Pixies, so all must love him.

Hulkamaniac
May 31st, 2009, 7:36 AM
Jack is awesome. Everything about him is awesome.

Beefy
May 31st, 2009, 11:41 AM
Other that that he's a twat.

grimshaw
June 1st, 2009, 12:33 AM
Other than his ridiculous fondness for Kate, Jack is pretty freaking great.

Marlon Dingle
June 1st, 2009, 6:17 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8076848.stm

It's happened guys.

Atty
June 1st, 2009, 6:21 AM
WE HAVE TO GO BACK!

The Rosk
June 1st, 2009, 6:30 AM
I dislike Beefy now he dislikes Jack.

Also, I don't know whether to bother buying Season One of Lost (even though I have 2 & 3) because it all seems so fucking immaterial now.

Marlon Dingle
June 1st, 2009, 6:32 AM
I dont know how someone can dislike Jack. Jack is Lost.

The Rosk
June 1st, 2009, 6:37 AM
I went to Southend this weekend too. Went to a few places that I thought Beefy must have been and even touched Roots Hall. Now I wish I hadn't have fucking bothered.

Oooh, my name's Anthony but I call myself Beefy because I am a fucking loser cunt FUCK OFF

son_of_foley
June 1st, 2009, 6:37 AM
He's a bit annoying lads. He's such a big huffy fruit.

Jin would murder him in a fight

son_of_foley
June 1st, 2009, 6:38 AM
I WANT TO RESET HISTORY SO I NEVER HAVE TO DEAL WITH HEARTBREAK BOOHOO shut up jack you prick.

The Rosk
June 1st, 2009, 6:40 AM
He's a bit annoying lads. He's such a big huffy fruit.

Jin would murder him in a fight

Jack has everything. He had a fucking bomb in his hands for God's sake.

I have decided that I loved Juliet's suicide mission at the end of the last series. Beautiful. If only she hadn't pouted for four seasons I might have liked it even more.

son_of_foley
June 1st, 2009, 6:41 AM
Also lads I didn't see Jack throwing himself off a helicopter to save Kate. Pretty sure Sawyer did though. He's gutless and his dad is dead

son_of_foley
June 1st, 2009, 6:43 AM
Jack has everything. He had a fucking bomb in his hands for God's sake.

I have decided that I loved Juliet's suicide mission at the end of the last series. Beautiful. If only she hadn't pouted for four seasons I might have liked it even more.
Have you seen Running Scared with Paul Walker? Juliette is in it and is actually pretty hot. I thought she was a bit of a wonder wuss though this time having a big freak out about Rose and Bernard whenever Sawyer was going to bloody leave with her and she said not to.

FOOL

Marlon Dingle
June 1st, 2009, 6:43 AM
I was too busy looking at her cleavage to notice her pout.

son_of_foley
June 1st, 2009, 6:44 AM
Jack has everything.

He doesn't have a dad who is alive.

The Rosk
June 1st, 2009, 6:49 AM
Also lads I didn't see Jack throwing himself off a helicopter to save Kate. Pretty sure Sawyer did though. He's gutless and his dad is dead

Oh woooooow Sawyer is such a hero for jumping into some water. Jack has basically saved the lives of everyone on the island with his doctorness. Sawyer sat around calling people "fatty" until Kate gave him a boner. He would also have probably banged his head on the helicopter door whilst trying to jump out because of his blurry vision if Jack had not corrected it with glasses.

The Rosk
June 1st, 2009, 6:49 AM
He doesn't have a dad who is alive.

His dad lasted longer than Sawyer's.

son_of_foley
June 1st, 2009, 6:50 AM
Jack got crabs from Michelle Rodriguez

son_of_foley
June 1st, 2009, 6:51 AM
His dad lasted longer than Sawyer's.

Not as long as Jins though.

I mean Jacks mum didn't like show up to see him when he got home. She didn't even care. He also drives a girls jeep.

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:8Bdw3uP_ZBoGLM:http://www.rechargeonline.co.uk/3-6/Images/m3577-barbie-jammin-jeep/m3577-barbie-jammin-450a.jpg

http://www.imcdb.org/images/221/709.jpg

The Rosk
June 1st, 2009, 6:52 AM
Sorry mate you are confusing yourself here. Sawyer had unprotected sex with the character than Michelle Rodriguez player in Lost.

son_of_foley
June 1st, 2009, 6:54 AM
Sawyer is a fruit as well though.

I reckon him and jack will finally get it together next season.

Jin to kill the fake Locke with a roundhouse kick.

son_of_foley
June 1st, 2009, 6:55 AM
Marlon is crying. I've ruined Jack for him. It's like finding out your dad drinks Baileys.

The Rosk
June 1st, 2009, 6:55 AM
Not as long as Jins though.

I mean Jacks mum didn't like show up to see him when he got home. She didn't even care. He also drives a girls jeep.

Jin's father is dead too. I shot him through the heart.

Jack is the best actor ever and I want him to play with my bones when I die.

son_of_foley
June 1st, 2009, 6:58 AM
Jins dad is going to show up on his fishing boat having guessed the new correct bearing and sort the whole thing out.

Marlon Dingle
June 1st, 2009, 7:00 AM
Marlon is crying. I've ruined Jack for him. It's like finding out your dad drinks Baileys.

If anything you've made me like the character more. Jack is better than anything you could ever post.

son_of_foley
June 1st, 2009, 7:05 AM
You like to think of him cruising for a bum-bruising

Marlon Dingle
June 1st, 2009, 7:12 AM
Jack - 1
Son Of Foley - 0

The Rosk
June 1st, 2009, 7:14 AM
One of Jack's best moments was where he put everything into demolishing Ben's face when he thought that he had ordered the deaths of Jin/Hurley/etc. BOSH BOSH BOSH BOSH BOSH.... BOSH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skkerYriRs4

son_of_foley
June 1st, 2009, 7:16 AM
The only person who hasnt beat Ben in a fight is penelope.

Marlon Dingle
June 1st, 2009, 7:18 AM
Haha, yeah just when Ben's face is almost healed from his latest face bashing, someone else comes along and make mince meat of his head.

The Rosk
June 1st, 2009, 7:21 AM
The only person who hasnt beat Ben in a fight is penelope.

I also liked it when he beat the seemingly unstoppable Ethan with ONE FINAL BIG FUCK OFF PUNCH.

He could also probably take Sawyer, not only in poker, but in a fight. Sawyer only got the better of him because of a cheap shot and sheer desperation.

Marlon Dingle
June 1st, 2009, 7:25 AM
I also liked it when he beat the seemingly unstoppable Ethan with ONE FINAL BIG FUCK OFF PUNCH.

He could also probably take Sawyer, not only in poker, but in a fight. Sawyer only got the better of him because of a cheap shot and sheer desperation.

Also Jack got beaten up pretty badly by a horse mounted Widmore only a few hours prior. So to start off with the upper hand against a fresh faced sawyer was pretty impressive.

son_of_foley
June 1st, 2009, 7:26 AM
Swayer is a dick. He should've battered that guy who hit Juliette.

Did jin not knock the bollocks out of Michael?

I know he round-house kicked the eye out of that guy who wears a patch

Marlon Dingle
June 1st, 2009, 7:31 AM
Swayer is a dick. He should've battered that guy who hit Juliette.

Did jin not knock the bollocks out of Michael?

I know he round-house kicked the eye out of that guy who wears a patch

Do you actually watch this show? Or do you just like to make it up as you go along?

Also if anyones interested, lostpedia are doing a Rewatch schedule in the run up to season 6. Starting today and ending on January 1st.

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Lostpedia:Rewatch

son_of_foley
June 1st, 2009, 8:19 AM
What are you talking about. Did Jin not win the fight against Michael? It was 5 years ago I know it gets broken up quite quickly so there isnt a definitive winner

Also he roundhouse kicked the guy with the eye patch he knocked him spark out

Matt E
June 1st, 2009, 8:48 AM
Jin won, but only after basically sucker punching him. Cheap shot. Plus, he's shit at golf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evbzZSG6REI

son_of_foley
June 1st, 2009, 8:54 AM
Michael is a sucker therefore any punches were a sucker-punch.

TKO

Hulkamaniac
June 1st, 2009, 1:40 PM

Jack was comfortably kicking Sawyer's arse twice until he decided that he didnt want to hurt him any more, so stopped fighting. Jack is a machine.

Jin was mauling Michael too. Michael ought to consider himself lucky.

Was reading an interview with Miquita Oliver the other day when she mentioned how Matthew Fox was her worst ever interview because he was really huffy. Now with that said, she did also say that she was there to interview him based on a movie...that she hadnt seen. She ought to consider herself lucky that he didnt knock her shit in.

Beefy
June 1st, 2009, 1:51 PM
I went to Southend this weekend too. Went to a few places that I thought Beefy must have been and even touched Roots Hall. Now I wish I hadn't have fucking bothered.

Oooh, my name's Anthony but I call myself Beefy because I am a fucking loser cunt FUCK OFF

ahahaha

:(

1_Pablo_Angel
June 1st, 2009, 1:59 PM
Jack was good till he got all bitchy and emotional and pathetic. He's back to being average now.

LOCONUT
June 1st, 2009, 2:42 PM
Jin probably knows karate.

The Masked Jobber
June 1st, 2009, 3:34 PM
Air France Flight 447, Lost Season 6.

Marlon Dingle
June 2nd, 2009, 3:54 AM
Air France Flight 447, Lost Season 6.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8076848.stm

It's happened guys.

Keep Up.

Shadowless Films
June 2nd, 2009, 4:04 AM
Who else thinks it was Claire who broke the dirt encasing around the cabin?

son_of_foley
June 2nd, 2009, 4:08 AM
GOOD CALL

Alf
June 2nd, 2009, 5:51 AM
GOOD SHOUT

Marlon Dingle
June 2nd, 2009, 6:12 AM
GOOD SHIT

The Rosk
June 2nd, 2009, 6:33 AM
I am assuming that Island Christian is the dark guy who wants to kill Jacob, given that it is a similar method to how he took on Locke's dead body and that Ilana said "someone else has been using it". I'm pretty sure that the fraud psychic that made Claire get on the plane also has something to do with this guy. Claire was forced to break the dust circle. Claire is the reason lads. Done.

Red Dog
June 2nd, 2009, 6:37 AM
So Jack is hard as fuck because of the Island then. Like Ethan. Agreed.

Hulkamaniac
June 2nd, 2009, 7:50 AM
If Christian was Jacob's enemy, why did he need Locke's body instead of Christian's?

Marlon Dingle
June 2nd, 2009, 7:55 AM
Yeah I think Jacob will have raised Christian from death, like he did with Locke. Cause we can't have Claire being the bad guy now can we?

Hulkamaniac
June 2nd, 2009, 8:06 AM
Why did it raise Christian from the dead? Why is it important that it was John Locke who went off the Island to die to come back to the Island to kill Jacob? Was it maybe hoping that by taking over Christian's body it could encourage Jack or Claire to kill Jacob? Why is John Locke special?

Alf
June 2nd, 2009, 9:25 AM
The beauty of Locke is that he isn't special.

I'd love it if it turned out he was being worked this whole time.

Think about it, Abadon convinces him to go on a walk about, Locke does and gets rejected, ends up crashing on the island, ends up thinking he's special, gets herded into the position of leader of the others, ends up dead, ends up being used by NaughtyJacobsEnemy to get Ben to kill Jacob's Enemy. The end.

Who was it who suggested Locke was special and should move the island? Who was it who helped locke get back to the mainland and thus die? Who was it who then told Richard to tell pastLocke that he had to die?

Christian and/or Jacob's Enemy.

If you look at Locke's story chronologically there is nothing special about him, he has just been a pawn being moved from a to b.

Matt E
June 2nd, 2009, 9:33 AM
It's a tough one to call. Richard's comment to Jack that he didn't seem to be anything special could be telling, but then that's obviously before he is cured from paralysis and visited by Jacob. Then again Rose is apparently cured from cancer so that might not be so important.

My memory is crap by the way, what was the reason for Abaddon acting as an orderly and telling him about the walkabout?

Pablo Diablo
June 2nd, 2009, 10:36 AM
Well according to Abaddon is role is to get people to where they have to be. And Locke needed to get to the island because he's special. At least that's what we thought.

Hulkamaniac
June 2nd, 2009, 2:08 PM

Think about it, Abadon convinces him to go on a walk about, Locke does and gets rejected, ends up crashing on the island, ends up thinking he's special, gets herded into the position of leader of the others, ends up dead, ends up being used by NaughtyJacobsEnemy to get Ben to kill Jacob's Enemy. The end.

Who was it who suggested Locke was special and should move the island? Who was it who helped locke get back to the mainland and thus die? Who was it who then told Richard to tell pastLocke that he had to die?

If you look at Locke's story chronologically there is nothing special about him, he has just been a pawn being moved from a to b.

So why does Jacob's enemy use HIM. Why not use Christian, or any one of the other many dead bodies on the Island?

RFF Champ
June 2nd, 2009, 2:12 PM
EDIT: I misread, disregard this post.

Alf
June 2nd, 2009, 3:04 PM
So why does Jacob's enemy use HIM. Why not use Christian, or any one of the other many dead bodies on the Island?

Because that is the form that can wind up Ben Linus the most?

Shadowless Films
June 2nd, 2009, 8:57 PM

Good point, but what if Jacob proves right? The mystery man obviously thinks all men are evil, they are bad, corrupt ect, Jacob tends to disagree.

I have a feeling that the mystery man can not be killed or destroyed by Jacob and he can not destroy or kill Jacob. The only way for either man to destroy each other is via the loophole. The mystery man is now Locke, no one knows this, not even Ben. So now the mystery man can go on as the leader of Jacobs people with not a single person realizing who he is, the catch?

The catch is, Jacob was right, not all men are bad, and season 6 will showcase this. I believe season 6 will focus on the survivors playing the role of good people. I believe in the end we will see the mystery man destroyed because he turned into Locke. He could not be destroyed before, but now that he has taken over a human body he can be destroyed, the mystery man had his loophole and this is Jacobs.

So, is John Locke really special? Yes he is, he sacraficed his life to save the island and the other survivors, if not for him dying, then the Mystery man would never have taken over his body, and would never have been destroyed.

son_of_foley
June 3rd, 2009, 3:15 AM
Listen the rest of you fruits don't post anymore. I'm only listening to this guy above

Hulkamaniac
June 3rd, 2009, 3:53 AM
Good point, but what if Jacob proves right? The mystery man obviously thinks all men are evil, they are bad, corrupt ect, Jacob tends to disagree.

I have a feeling that the mystery man can not be killed or destroyed by Jacob and he can not destroy or kill Jacob. The only way for either man to destroy each other is via the loophole. The mystery man is now Locke, no one knows this, not even Ben. So now the mystery man can go on as the leader of Jacobs people with not a single person realizing who he is, the catch?

The catch is, Jacob was right, not all men are bad, and season 6 will showcase this. I believe season 6 will focus on the survivors playing the role of good people. I believe in the end we will see the mystery man destroyed because he turned into Locke. He could not be destroyed before, but now that he has taken over a human body he can be destroyed, the mystery man had his loophole and this is Jacobs.

So, is John Locke really special? Yes he is, he sacraficed his life to save the island and the other survivors, if not for him dying, then the Mystery man would never have taken over his body, and would never have been destroyed.

So Jacob's enemy will be proven wrong? That Jacob was right all along, that people ARE good. And the people will demonstrate this...by killing him?

Then we end with both Jacob and Jacob's enemy dead and gone? I cant see that happening.

Alf
June 3rd, 2009, 4:32 AM
I have a feeling that the mystery man can not be killed or destroyed by Jacob and he can not destroy or kill Jacob. The only way for either man to destroy each other is via the loophole.

Oh wow, I never thought of it like that.

Winkle van Tinkle
June 3rd, 2009, 5:43 AM
Fucking hell. No point in watching the next series now.

grimshaw
June 7th, 2009, 2:20 PM
Then we end with both Jacob and Jacob's enemy dead and gone? I cant see that happening.

Oh, I think it will. I don't know what my final predictions are or how we will get there, but I think there's a pretty good chance that the end of the series will see Jacob and his enemy dead and gone, replaced by Jack and Locke. Maybe even in a little chat on the beach.

BlackShadow215
June 7th, 2009, 3:34 PM
Oh, I think it will. I don't know what my final predictions are or how we will get there, but I think there's a pretty good chance that the end of the series will see Jacob and his enemy dead and gone, replaced by Jack and Locke. Maybe even in a little chat on the beach.

I think that would be a great ending to the series. Much better than having them land in LA after being able to change time. If that happend, would it be the actual Jack and Lock or Jacob taking the form of Jack and the man in black taking the form of Locke?

grimshaw
June 7th, 2009, 3:56 PM
I'd say 'actually jack and locke'. Sort of a changing of the guard, 'the more things change the more they stay the same' type of deal.

Marlon Dingle
June 8th, 2009, 11:36 AM
What a poor way to disgrace the memory of Charlie Pace.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/06/lost-charlie-mystery-solved.html?xid=rss-feed-todayslatest-Ausiello%3A+%27Lost%27+promo+mystery+solved%21

Hobbit
June 11th, 2009, 8:06 AM
I can confirm here and now that the moment this season ends, it'll join the list of television moments that have made me weep a tear of joy.

Really strong feeling that this'll be the best season of the lot, guaranteed earth-shattering revelations and big proper answers to stuff we've been fighting about for over 5 years now. It'll probably be the best season of a TV show ever but oh for fuck sake it's ending why can't it just fucking stay for another few years like Ronaldo oh wait.

Big year for BERNARD

Winkle van Tinkle
June 11th, 2009, 8:47 AM
Has anyone mentioned that BERNARD could be the ISLAND?

Hobbit
June 11th, 2009, 9:04 AM
SPOILERS YOU CUNT

Hulkamaniac
June 11th, 2009, 9:08 AM
I think that was brought up in the first season, but the producers didnt go anywhere with it...

BlackShadow215
June 11th, 2009, 11:05 AM
I think it may be tough for Lost to live up to everything and answer everything in 17 episodes. I'm sure it'll still be all kinds of greatness, but I get the feeling they'll be a few things that we never find out the answer to.

Hulkamaniac
June 11th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Of course there will be. And thats what'll get us thinking about, talking about and asking questions about the show years after its gone off air.

BlackShadow215
June 11th, 2009, 11:16 AM
But for Season 6 we get the return of.....

Hobbit
June 11th, 2009, 11:20 AM
...Juliet, oh no wait :lol:

Yes I know she'll still be in it.

BlackShadow215
June 12th, 2009, 12:09 PM
It's amazing that no matter how much you try to avoid spoilers it just happends. Especially when some sites just put the headline in bold. I won't even go into the type of spoiler announced for next season or put it in spoiler caps, just to avoid temptation for some people. But yeah, not a big deal, as I'm sure it would have been spoiled for me as the season drew closer. But yeah, just a fair warning to some people. Be careful going to certain sites.

Hobbit
June 13th, 2009, 1:32 PM
So when's this back on then, do we have to wait several years because of some awful (any) Yank sport that only fat people like or are they actually going to do what most other TV shows seem to be able to manage every season and have 16 episodes or whatever it is uninterrupted?

I know I could just check Lostpedia but then I'll know the name of the first episode and have a HEART ATTAbjr9br.[[[

BlackShadow215
June 15th, 2009, 10:44 AM
No, no Yank sports air on ABC in primetime around that time. The only thing that would interupt Lost would be those fill-in recap episodes.

Hulkamaniac
June 19th, 2009, 6:21 PM
Good to see Matthew Fox has trimmed his hair short again for his interview on Jonathon Ross.

LOCONUT
June 19th, 2009, 8:30 PM
Mik, would you rather have sex with Matthew Fox, Viggo, or James McAvoy?

Melv
June 19th, 2009, 8:44 PM
Personally, I'd choose Matthew Fox.

BlackShadow215
June 20th, 2009, 1:13 AM
Nah, he'd just start crying in the middle.

Hulkamaniac
June 20th, 2009, 8:13 AM
Mik, would you rather have sex with Matthew Fox, Viggo, or James McAvoy?

Dunno. Fox would be last of that list, even though I do love him, he's a league below.

In my mind it goes like this:

Paul Newman & Sean Bean.
Viggo Mortensen, Clive Owen, Christian Bale and James McAvoy.
The likes of Matthew Fox.

Chris
July 2nd, 2009, 1:13 PM
Final 'Lost' season gains an hour

We all know that on ABC's "Lost," time is extremely relative.

So why not throw an extra hour into the mix?

The sixth and final season will run 18 hours, an hour longer than originally announced. This isn't exactly earth-shattering news, granted, but for "Lost" fans heading into the final lap, every minute counts.

Though the reason for the extra time hasn't been confirmed, one insider said that the producers felt they had some extra story to tell in the final season. "Lost" starts shooting later this summer.
They haven't even started shooting yet, and they already know they need another hour to tell the story properly. Can't wait to see it.

Melv
July 2nd, 2009, 1:17 PM
They haven't even started shooting yet, and they already know they need another hour to tell the story properly. Can't wait to see it.
It's good news that we get more Lost, but if they've not even started shooting yet and they know they need to wrap up more stories, I'm slightly concerned they might not tie everything up.

Chris
July 2nd, 2009, 1:26 PM
I have no idea how they'll tie everything up. I'd feel better knowing that the Powers That Be have sat down for a few weeks and watched the entire series, so they know exactly what they have to cover. Can they even remember all the loose ends and whatnot? I still don't remember most of them until I see them on wikipedia.

If anything, the request for an extra hour makes me think that they're really striving to try and wrap up the series as tight as possible. I couldn't blame them for leaving some things open-ended or unfinished, when Lost has changed so much since the first season.

BlackShadow215
July 2nd, 2009, 3:07 PM
I have no idea how they'll tie everything up. I'd feel better knowing that the Powers That Be have sat down for a few weeks and watched the entire series, so they know exactly what they have to cover. Can they even remember all the loose ends and whatnot? I still don't remember most of them until I see them on wikipedia.

If anything, the request for an extra hour makes me think that they're really striving to try and wrap up the series as tight as possible. I couldn't blame them for leaving some things open-ended or unfinished, when Lost has changed so much since the first season.

I always had that feeling when Lost announced a few seasons back as a definite ending date had been set. There are just so many loose ends, major and minor that I wondered if they'd ever be able to get to all of it. Chances are certain things aren't really relevent anymore (like who did the food drop in season 2), but it'd be nice to still get an answer. Very cool news to hear another hour has been added.

I really hope they don't try to introduce new storylines into the final season. Hopefully, they just spend the last 18 hours answering everything they haven't gotten to yet.

Aero
July 2nd, 2009, 5:48 PM
The one major loose end I'm thinking will be Walt. All we know is that he's special, and he freaked out the Others enough to the point that they wanted to get rid of him. I just want to know why he kept appearing to Shannon (& Sayid) in the jungle while being drenched and talking backwards or whatever. That and maybe just a quick bit of info on what makes him so special. Why did he warn Locke in season one not to open the hatch? I got the feeling from Bentham's visit with him that he was officially done with the show.

I say that I think that's the only major loose end, but of course there will be other, minors. I'd say that of all the minor loose ends to this point, the one that annoys me the most is the food drop from season 2, and I don't see any explanation or hint coming.

virms
July 2nd, 2009, 6:19 PM
Sounds like the cunts are planning one of those mid season breaks if you ask me.

Haven't started shooting yet...fuck.

Atty
July 2nd, 2009, 8:50 PM
I'd say that of all the minor loose ends to this point, the one that annoys me the most is the food drop from season 2, and I don't see any explanation or hint coming.

The writers said in one of their commentaries that they will answer that when someone e-mailed them a question about it. They're not going to explain the Hurley bird, however... :mad:

TapOut
July 2nd, 2009, 9:25 PM
What is the Hurley bird? Refresh my memory, please. Bird as in flying, or bird as in woman?

Atty
July 2nd, 2009, 9:27 PM
The bird that flew over and screamed "Hurley" at Jack, Hurley and Kate.

Aero
July 2nd, 2009, 9:43 PM
That's good to hear about the food drop.

In regards to the other, do we really need an explanation about the Hurley bird, that may or may not have said Hurley's name? I realize that the writers may have said that it did say it, but none of the other characters thought so, and it didn't even impact anyone or any stories. From the first time I saw it, I've only looked at it as doing nothing more than just illustrating the weirdness of the island, especially since the Losties were on their way to exploring a new part of the island.

Alf
July 16th, 2009, 6:26 AM
Anyone seen this...

http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/100/1004096p1.html

Lost beign sued by a producer who claimes he came up with a show called 'Lost' that bares meany a similarity with our lost, and he pitched the show to ABC several times...

You can download the similarities on a pdf here:

http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_documents/0713_lost.pdf

That's pretty damning really...

Marlon Dingle
July 16th, 2009, 7:56 AM
To be fair Lost does steal quite alot from other materials, but if them similarities are true ABC should be sued.

BlackShadow215
July 16th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Not that most people probably care, but Lost has three major Emmy Nominations announced today:

Best Drama
Best Supporting Actor: Michael Emerson
Best Lead Actor: Evangeline Lilly

Simmo Fortyone
July 16th, 2009, 5:21 PM
Absolutely agree on the first two. Nearly vomited upon reading the third.

Morrison
July 16th, 2009, 5:29 PM
the lead actor field is packed, but i'd of liked to see matthew fox or josh holloway get noms, especially josh. sawyer was fucking amazing this past season.

BlackShadow215
July 16th, 2009, 5:32 PM
the lead actor field is packed, but i'd of liked to see matthew fox or josh holloway get noms, especially josh. sawyer was fucking amazing this past season.

Very true. A while back when everyone was naming their MVP of each Season of Lost, I really think Josh Holloway were most people's choices (He was great in the Season Finale and in his centric LaFleur episode. Though, would he be considered supporting actor?

Fro
July 16th, 2009, 5:35 PM
Absolutely agree on the first two. Nearly vomited upon reading the third.

lol

Melv
July 16th, 2009, 5:36 PM
Where's Claire's nomination OH WAIT SHE WAS WRITTEN OUT OF THE LAST SEASON BECAUSE SHE IS SHIT.

Kate wins.

Sorry Mik.

Morrison
July 16th, 2009, 5:41 PM
Very true. A while back when everyone was naming their MVP of each Season of Lost, I really think Josh Holloway were most people's choices (He was great in the Season Finale and in his centric LaFleur episode. Though, would he be considered supporting actor?

considering how much of an ensemble cast the show is, i guess so. but with that said, i'd say josh was much better then aaron paul or christian clemenson, easily.

Hulkamaniac
July 16th, 2009, 5:59 PM
I wish that Matthew Fox would get more credit.

Bert
July 16th, 2009, 6:31 PM
Where's Claire's nomination OH WAIT SHE WAS WRITTEN OUT OF THE LAST SEASON BECAUSE SHE IS SHIT.

Kate wins.

Sorry Mik.

Yes, she wins.

the most likely female cast member to be a transexual award.

son_of_foley
July 17th, 2009, 5:21 AM
Ohh shit ICEMAN IS COLD

Hobbit
July 20th, 2009, 9:36 AM
Best Supporting Actor: Michael Emerson

I hope he gets it, I love him.

Best Lead Actor: Evangeline Lilly

:lol:

Marlon Dingle
July 27th, 2009, 5:12 AM
http://lostuniversity.org/

Enrol now.

Pablo Diablo
July 27th, 2009, 9:00 AM
I'm joining the Epsilon Kappa Omega fraternity, no doubt.

Marlon Dingle
July 27th, 2009, 9:10 AM
I'm joining the,

Kappa
Alpha
Tau
Epsilon
Iota
Sigma
Alpha
Mu
Alpha
Nu

frat no doubt.

Hobbit
July 27th, 2009, 9:14 AM
Yeah no chance I'm joining that.

*enrols almost immediately*

*gets a thousand shit emails per day from it*

Marlon Dingle
July 27th, 2009, 9:17 AM
I dont even know why I posted it, especially when I'm in TEAM KATE.

TheSoulKeeper
July 27th, 2009, 1:48 PM
Lost Comic Con panel from this past weekend (Spoilers obviously): http://ncjl.wordpress.com/2009/07/25/lost-comic-con-2009-panel/

It doesn't have the video clips played during the panel. The two commercials played are here. Potential big spoilers about the final season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMT-unH8-qI

And more big spoilers (about characters coming back/not coming back):

The last clip shown was a montage of all the dead characters, ending with Charlie. Dominic Monaghan came on stage right after that. Could be hinting at a return of Charlie. Elizabeth Mitchell and him are both working on the new ABC shows "V" (remake of the 80s miniseries) and "Flash Forward," but on the panel they announced she would be back on Lost this season.

RFF Champ
July 27th, 2009, 2:00 PM
I really don't know whether I want to read/watch that. What kind of spoilers are they? Saying who is going to die? Whose coming back?

TheSoulKeeper
July 27th, 2009, 2:06 PM
If you have doubts about being spoiled, I wouldn't watch anything, and don't click the bottom spoiler. The bottom spoiler talks about who is coming back, the commercials give a hint about where the next season could be heading. And the panel has a lot of small/big spoilers.

Marlon Dingle
July 27th, 2009, 5:48 PM
I'm gonna try and go this last season without any spoilers or information about the final chapter. See if it adds anything to the story. I think each series I have had a bit of information about the season before it airs, so I'll try and go Mik crazy if there are any bits of season 6 information that ain't in spoiler tags.

Melv
July 27th, 2009, 5:51 PM
I don't see how this show could be anywhere near as compelling if you read the spoilers beforehand.

Hulkamaniac
July 27th, 2009, 6:00 PM
I'm gonna try and go this last season without any spoilers or information about the final chapter. See if it adds anything to the story. I think each series I have had a bit of information about the season before it airs, so I'll try and go Mik crazy if there are any bits of season 6 information that ain't in spoiler tags.

It is a huge desire of mine to see anything approaching a potential spoiler to be in spoiler tags for the final season so that I dont get ANYTHING spoiled for me at all.

Melv
July 27th, 2009, 6:04 PM
I support the PALSOATRALSIAST - Put All Lost Spoilers Or Anything That Resembles A Lost Spoiler In A Spoiler Tag.

Hulkamaniac
July 27th, 2009, 6:06 PM
Christ. That looks like a real word.

Melv
July 27th, 2009, 6:12 PM
That's why it works, Mikster.

Hulkamaniac
July 27th, 2009, 6:19 PM
I hope that it'll catch on.

Alf
July 28th, 2009, 5:26 AM
I too support PALSOATRALSIAST.

grimshaw
July 28th, 2009, 9:59 AM
A recent IM conversation of mine.

grime says:
jack is not soft dude
he is freaking RUGGED
anthony says:
he is a fucking soft cunt
awww poor jacky jack
want more pain killers and alcohol
grime says:
frick off man
he went cold turkey
and went back to THE ISLAND
and then did all the time travel without so much as a nosebleed
MAN
anthony says:
i would be having anal sex with kate daily
and knocking around aaron
grime says:
youd only be having anal with her
because she doesnt have a vagina and you are a gay

Some people are so, so, so......deluded.

BlackShadow215
July 28th, 2009, 12:12 PM
http://gallery.lost-media.com/albums/ep-caps/season3/3x22-3/normal_3x22-glass2232.jpg

Hulkamaniac
July 28th, 2009, 1:55 PM
Remember when those claims of Jack's beard being a stick-on were rubbished?

Hobbit
July 29th, 2009, 4:37 AM
A recent IM conversation of mine.

grime says:
jack is not soft dude
he is freaking RUGGED
anthony says:
he is a fucking soft cunt
awww poor jacky jack
want more pain killers and alcohol
grime says:
frick off man
he went cold turkey
and went back to THE ISLAND
and then did all the time travel without so much as a nosebleed
MAN
anthony says:
i would be having anal sex with kate daily
and knocking around aaron
grime says:
youd only be having anal with her
because she doesnt have a vagina and you are a gay

Some people are so, so, so......deluded.

ahahaaha grimshaw is my favourite regular destroyer of Kate.

Jack is an absolute legend and anyone that thinks otherwise clearly has something wrong with them. I certainly wouldn't trust them.

I ran into this little clip on my travels the other day, it's from some sitcom that I've never seen but features Richard Alpert with comedy accent and him dancing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22EhKh7qcQo