PDA

View Full Version : Bands you discovered...

Alf
April 6th, 2009, 12:12 PM
As I type this a band I have been following since they formed are being played on the radio... I'm surprised to say the least...

They are called Mumford and Sons. They are brilliant.

Look them up...

What bands did you discover.

Canuck
April 6th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Hey Rosetta

LOCONUT
April 6th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Radiohead

Red Dog
April 6th, 2009, 6:00 PM
Milburn. Like The Arctic Monkeys. But better.

Matthew
April 6th, 2009, 6:04 PM
beethoven

Bad Collin
April 6th, 2009, 7:27 PM
The Tacticians.

McBain
April 6th, 2009, 9:03 PM
Bit of a strange/exclusive one, which is why it's easily shot-down...but I'm gonna treat it as "bands you heard and got a load more people into".

The Steal
65daysofstatic
Frank Turner
Bedouin Soundclash

Adamy
April 6th, 2009, 10:32 PM
I had a similar experence once with a band called Monty Are I... I heard a radio DJ on the biggest alt-rock station in Rhode Island making a big deal about their record release show, and then he played a song from the album.

I was happy for their success, because it's always nice when the band that plays at your friend's surprise 16th birthday party goes on to be successful. At the same time, I couldn't really take them that seriously, because the image I have of them in my head is this like 19-piece ska band that covered the "Ghostbusters" theme.

I didn't really "discover" them, but my old band played some shows with Gym Class Heroes before they got the guy from Fall Out Boy to sing their hooks... They weren't very good back then. I suppose that's more of a funny story I can tell in when their song comes on in a social situation, though.

PMBR
April 7th, 2009, 2:03 AM
Jason Mraz and Chris Brown.

Sparky
April 7th, 2009, 4:13 AM
This local band called Osmus. Named after the street they all lived on. I worked with one of them at UPS, and went to a couple of their practice sessions. They're decently popular nowadays, as far as Detroit goes.

Theres another band, but they are still unknown. A Loose Cannon, they're called.

I also claim discovery of Unheard Concept...:shifty:

Marlon Dingle
April 7th, 2009, 5:07 AM
Hi 5 Alive, I dont really listen to them, but my brothers mates with them, and I hear big things.

Simmo Fortyone
April 7th, 2009, 6:10 AM
Yacht Club DJs :yes:

Couple of local dudes who are mash-up DJs, but their live shows are fucking incredible fun. I was good mates with one of them in my early uni days and he's always been a talented DJ - he won the national student DJ comp in 2003 and 2004. Never really been arsed to go anywhere with it, but I was at their first ever gig two years back where they were just fucking about with mixing silly combinations. They stole the show at Meredith (festival with 15,000-odd people there) over the summer and finally got off their arses to tour this year. Going to Europe (Gaz can't remember exactly where) in August-ish so if you hear of them, go and see them.

If you search 'Yacht Club Fan Club' on Facebook you can download a couple of their mixes. Highlight has to be Roger Ramjet Theme vs Regurgitator's "Song Formerly Known As" :yes:

[/commercial]

BBF
April 7th, 2009, 7:11 AM
Milburn. Like The Arctic Monkeys. But better.

No you didn't. I discovered them and The Rifles.

Also, Jukebox Vandals.

Dave
April 7th, 2009, 7:35 AM
Laying claim to discovering Milburn is hardly something you'd particularly want to own up.

I saw White Lies very early on and have their first single on vinyl but I wouldn't say that I discovered them as it was only through an article in The Fly that I actually got interested in them. I also saw The Kooks way back in March 2005 supporting The Subways and similarly have their first single, but I didn't think they were up to much then... and still don't now.

I also saw and started listening to Maximo Park and Editors before their first albums were released. Oh and The Fratellis and The Automatic I both went out of my way to see in small venues before their albums came out. Oh, and I saw Frank Turner many many times before his full-length debut was released.

Going by McBain's definition, I'd have Arcade Fire, Hope of the States, White Lies, Johnny Foreigner, The Mae Shi, Los Campesinos! and Editors on my list - among many others. However, discovering a band from one of their very first gigs and watching them progress hasn't really happened.

Hobbit
April 7th, 2009, 9:01 AM
The Asteroids Galaxy Tour.

Danish pop/folk/rock band, currently best known for that song on the iPod ad, 'Around the Bend'. They are a happy band too, not quite in the same happiness league as The Go! Team or CSS mind but still lovely. Their first album 'Fruit' is out later this month and will probably be one of the greatest albums ever.

[/promotion]

I assume more than 7 people have heard of them anyway, well they have now :cool:

Jimmy Zero
April 7th, 2009, 9:44 AM
4 or 5 years ago a buddy and I went to a show that another buddy's band was playing. His band SUCKED, but we were going to be nice. We figured the other bands on the bill would suck as well, but we were definitely wrong. This band called The Means set up and played one of the rockingest sets I'd seen from a band not called Guitar Wolf. Their drummer was amazing and the band just flat out rocked. I haven't seen much of them since then, and even heard that they'd broken up maybe two years ago. If any of you have the chance to listen to this band, I highly reccomend them.

Wooooo
April 7th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Los Campesinos!

I've raved about these for a while now, and seen them a couple of times, but I have absolutely no idea where I first heard them or anything, and that has pissed me off for over a year now

McBain
April 7th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Probably BBC 6 Music.

Wooooo
April 7th, 2009, 11:57 AM
I don't listen to BBC 6 music though, and I can't recall anyone I know liking them before me to have recomended them, and I am sure it wasn't through NME as I found out the first album got a 7/10, after
i'd bought it, and I know it wasn't after finding out they were at Leeds 2008 as I was waiting for months in hope that they would be playing there, it could have been from some random mix tape thing I've downloaded, but thats a guess,

The plot thickens

McBain
April 7th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Some random Channel 4 music thing?

They have had a fair amount of hype from various places.

Tempest
April 7th, 2009, 8:51 PM
I once found this great band called Shadow Gallery and told Pete Cash about it, who was really grateful.

Pete Cash
April 7th, 2009, 8:52 PM
What the hell... I told you about them.

Tempest
April 7th, 2009, 8:53 PM
I also discovered Blind Guardian

McBain
April 8th, 2009, 10:21 AM
The Hold Steady

Pete Cash
April 8th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Oh come on

I heard one of their songs YEARS ago in a video game (one of the Tony Hawk games)

McBain
April 8th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Are you one of my friends?

I refuse to job. Ever.
April 8th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Bit of a strange/exclusive one, which is why it's easily shot-down...but I'm gonna treat it as "bands you heard and got a load more people into".

65daysofstatic

:heart::o

Probably my favourite band now, as well, and helped me find a whole heap of other bands that I now love.

You going to see them at all this month?

McBain
April 8th, 2009, 11:34 AM
I'm sure I'll be seeing them at some point soon. Totally skint though so it looks like I may well have to miss their ultra-intimate gig in Manchester. Gutted.

Hopefully finally seeing Dub Trio live in May though.

Pete Cash
April 8th, 2009, 6:25 PM
I got my best friend into Metallica when I was 15 it doesn't mean I "discovered" them. It just meant my friend was more ignorant on music than I was at the time.

McBain
April 8th, 2009, 6:43 PM
If you'd read my first post in here you'd know what I was on about.

I basically invented my own rules. I'm allowed to do that.

Red Dog
April 9th, 2009, 2:42 PM
No you didn't. I discovered them and The Rifles.

Also, Jukebox Vandals.
Sorry, I was only going on my peer group. I didn't realise you discovered them first.

Again, sorry.

PS I've been drinking with The Rifles. The singer's favourite player is Frank McAvennie.

Dodgy Browne
April 9th, 2009, 4:14 PM
I'm not really that good at influencing people. I throw some names around or send some youtube vids, but nobody ever comes back to me and says, yeah that (insert name) is pretty cool.

I do like to be influenced tough and try new things.
Right now I'm listening to Dntel and Dungen which I found here (on the forums).
I'm always trying new things and it's really satisfying to dig through different albums and find a masterpiece.

...so yeah basically this post doesn't attribute to this thread...at all.

Bye! *wave*

Wooooo
April 9th, 2009, 6:48 PM
I wanna give you a cuddle!

Adamy
April 11th, 2009, 3:23 PM
Another band I "discovered" was Fall Out Boy. I remember searching MP3.com (old skool bitches) one day, and seeing this band that had a Simpsons reference in their name, and then thinking they were pretty good.

I don't think they even had an album out at this point, and it was definitely pre-Fueled By Ramen.

So yeah, I'm a Fall Out Boy OG. Not sure if that's a good thing.

rickymack
April 16th, 2009, 3:49 PM
Mindless Self Indulgence.

Other than that, no one.

Adamy
April 16th, 2009, 5:04 PM
I remember MSI from the summer of 2000; I worked in a record store that summer, and we had an album of theirs in our three-dollar clusterfuck bin.

Actually, there were probably a handful of other bands I "discovered" from combing through that bin when there weren't any customers to wait on or restocking to do. I remember the Comas, who are now on Vagrant Records I believe, had a really boring album that I found in there.

I found out about Small Brown Bike that way, too. I think there were a few others, but they escape me at the moment.

Marlon Dingle
April 17th, 2009, 9:24 AM
PS I've been drinking with The Rifles. The singer's favourite player is Frank McAvennie.

Just cause your mum slipped you a shandy at the gig, doesn't mean you were drinking with them.

Where as, I watched Rage Against the Machine with the Metros last year.

McBain
April 17th, 2009, 9:30 AM
Well fucking done to you both.

Red Dog
April 17th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Just cause your mum slipped you a shandy at the gig, doesn't mean you were drinking with them.

Where as, I watched Rage Against the Machine with the Metros last year.
Oh dearie me! I was only telling that bloke who quoted me as he seemed to like them and I thought it was an interesting, if slightly boring, nugget of information. If I was going to make up a band I've been drinking with out of all the bands in the world, I wouldn't pick the fucking Rifles you utter cretinous troll!!

Next time you shave, try standing an inch or two closer to the blade eh. :)

BBF
April 17th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Nothing wrong with drinking with The Rifles. The Rifles are seven different types of cool.

Red Dog, i accept your apology re: Milburn. You are right they are better than The Arctic Monkeys.

Red Dog
April 17th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Nothing wrong with drinking with The Rifles. The Rifles are seven different types of cool.

Red Dog, i accept your apology re: Milburn. You are right they are better than The Arctic Monkeys.
I think they are trying a bit too hard to be The Jam though.

I saw The Backhanded Compliments last month (who are two parts Milburn - not sure which ones). They are worth checking out if you already havent.

Simon
April 23rd, 2009, 4:34 PM
Saw Lost Prophets before they were famous. Knew Captain Everything because they went to my school. Don't know if anyone has heard of The Apostates but two of the three lads are my mates, they're now being played on Radio 1, MTV and stuff...they're on the soundtrack to NHL 2008 as well :eek:

Bad Collin
April 23rd, 2009, 4:35 PM
I saw the Tantrums and Bombay Bicycle Club last week, both are fantastic.

McBain
April 23rd, 2009, 5:51 PM
Saw Lost Prophets before they were famous. Knew Captain Everything because they went to my school. Don't know if anyone has heard of The Apostates but two of the three lads are my mates, they're now being played on Radio 1, MTV and stuff...they're on the soundtrack to NHL 2008 as well :eek:

Remember you talking about C*E a few years ago yeah, finally got into them more recently. Excellent stuff.

When you say you saw lostprophets before they were famous, was it before their first album then?

Myles
April 24th, 2009, 9:10 AM
I slept with Courtney Love.

Simon
April 24th, 2009, 1:28 PM
Remember you talking about C*E a few years ago yeah, finally got into them more recently. Excellent stuff.

When you say you saw lostprophets before they were famous, was it before their first album then?

Dunno, I just saw them at our local shitty rock club before anyone knew who they were. Although to be fair, by "anyone" I mean me. I'm guessing from the size of the club that they can't have been very big. It was maybe a year before Shinobi vs Dragon Ninja came out.

Here's The Apostates, their best song IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksdajks2hDg

Jordo
May 10th, 2009, 9:37 PM
Story of the Year played a show in my hometown back when they were called big blue monkey. Kinda cool as I live in a town of 3200

Cactus Lem
May 12th, 2009, 11:41 PM
Dunno, I just saw them at our local shitty rock club before anyone knew who they were. Although to be fair, by "anyone" I mean me. I'm guessing from the size of the club that they can't have been very big. It was maybe a year before Shinobi vs Dragon Ninja came out.

They had a solid underground following before Shinobi came out, I know they headlined Uxfest in maybe 99 and then released Shinobi a few months later.

I find it hard to believe that Shinobi is almost 10 years old.

Alf
October 1st, 2009, 12:10 PM
As I type this a band I have been following since they formed are being played on the radio... I'm surprised to say the least...

They are called Mumford and Sons. They are brilliant.

Look them up...

What bands did you discover.

Fuck yeah. They got signed. Their first album is coming out NOW.

And they are on spotify...

http://open.spotify.com/track/29SkXo9RjRQO82r2NovqXg

TUNES

Some VIDS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lk1wkbWI6I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlYrOBvt9IQ

Ace

Alf
October 1st, 2009, 12:20 PM
Also, add Stornoway to my list...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiLO4qPkA64

http://open.spotify.com/track/5SW5Akb1DgcHQMejyvQNh9

Alf
October 1st, 2009, 12:32 PM
And the JayWays

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyUv3gRmJKg

Big
October 1st, 2009, 11:04 PM
Linkin Park when they were called hybrid theory

Alf
October 2nd, 2009, 10:24 AM
Weren't they a manufactured band? They surely didn't do 'the circuit'?

McBain
October 2nd, 2009, 1:53 PM
Why surely? Out of interest.

Wooooo
October 2nd, 2009, 6:27 PM
I recall reading an interview in NME (unless I'm mistaken) about them struggling on there own etc, so I don't think they are

Alf
October 3rd, 2009, 7:06 AM
Why surely? Out of interest.

Because bands created by execs tend to skip that struggling around the circuit bit.

McBain
October 3rd, 2009, 7:29 AM
Because bands created by execs tend to skip that struggling around the circuit bit.

Not my question. Why do you think Linkin Park were created by execs and therefore missed the circuit bit?

Alf
October 3rd, 2009, 2:46 PM
Having looked on wiki, I think I'm thinking of someone else...

There was a band like them who was essentially a nu metal boy band, made up of members who had auditioned and then put in a band by execs.

Matthew
October 3rd, 2009, 4:23 PM
puddle of mudd although not nu metal

put together by fred durst.

i think execs had something to do with chester, the singer, joining Linkin Park

Dubya
October 3rd, 2009, 4:28 PM
Dredg .. saw em in .. I think it was 1999 or 2000 .. small club show. I was only there to see my friend's band open the show, but stayed to watch the rest. The singer blew me away, along with the rest of the band .. it sounded so progressive and different .. espescially around that time when bands Korn and Limp Bizkit were all over the place .. I bought their cd, Leitmotif, on my way out .. quality was kinda shit, but it was amazing .. the re-release on Interscope a year or so later sounds a lot better, but I still have the original. Got them to sign it when I saw them open for Coheed and Cambria a couple years ago. Good stuff.

Alf
October 7th, 2009, 10:43 AM
http://open.spotify.com/album/1c2Ee269Rj9w8wn8s3qQu9

Mumford and Sons debut album...

Pretty good for their first effort. It does seem a bit samey though with the hoe-down middle 8...

A lot of the songs on the album are getting a lot of airplay now it's been released.

Marlon Dingle
October 7th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Seen the Grammatics supporting Bloc Party last night, pretty good stuff. Check 'em out. :cool:

Dubya
October 7th, 2009, 11:25 AM
There's a band from around here called, Vedera, that got signed and is catching on a little bit lately.. they've toured with Thrice, Brand New, Coheed and Cambria, Dredg .. all kinds of random good bands .. pretty damn good band. Lead singer is kinda hot and has a sexy, haunting voice.

Alf
October 7th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Seen the Grammatics supporting Bloc Party last night, pretty good stuff. Check 'em out. :cool:

You mean 'I saw...'

Seen? Fuck off. Talk properly.

Dubya
October 7th, 2009, 12:34 PM
puddle of mudd although not nu metal

put together by fred durst.

i think execs had something to do with chester, the singer, joining Linkin Park

puddle of mudd really wasn't like that.. the singer wrote all the bands music and songs and when Durst wanted to sign them, he basically told the guy something along the lines of "you can write songs, but your band sucks .. sign with me and I'll get you a better one." .. which he did and Durst did. the older version of puddle of mudd wasn't that great .. sloppy rock band .. like the rebuilt version, but not one that would sell records like the rebuilt version did.

i'm not a fan.. i just know this because they're from around here (originally) and the singer did a lengthy interview on the radio station talking all about how it all happened .. he also has nothing to do with linkin park. totally different person that really looks nothing like him at all, other than the blonde hair and crappy band behind him. :p

however, crazy town was built just as you suggested. they never played a single show before getting a record deal or putting our their first album.

Matthew
October 7th, 2009, 1:18 PM
puddle of mudd and linkin park were separate things there

Dubya
October 7th, 2009, 2:03 PM
Lol. Word to that .. I thought you were saying the dude from Puddle of Mudd ran away and joined Linkin park or something.. it all makes sense now.

McBain
October 7th, 2009, 2:05 PM

They're just called Grammatics.

Dodgy Browne
October 7th, 2009, 5:36 PM
And it's check them out.
Oh you feisty little one...you.

McBain
October 7th, 2009, 5:38 PM
Witty.

I'm sorry if it seems pedantic, but I really really hate people sticking THE in front of band names that don't have them. The Editors, prime example.

Adamy
October 7th, 2009, 6:27 PM
Witty.

I'm sorry if it seems pedantic, but I really really hate people sticking THE in front of band names that don't have them. The Editors, prime example.

The only one that really bothers me is "The Stars", because it sounds so much worse. Other times, it really doesn't seem to make a difference; for instance, I think we're all guilty of adding a "the" to "Arcade Fire".

Marlon Dingle
October 8th, 2009, 4:46 AM
You mean 'I saw...'

Seen? Fuck off. Talk properly.

Fuck on. I know what I meant and so do you, so stop correcting me.

Alf
October 12th, 2009, 7:40 AM
Stop being a spaz then.

Canuck
December 30th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Michou

http://www.itsnicetomichou.com/

YouTube - Michou ? "Control" Music Video

YouTube - Michou ? "Growing Younger" Official Music Video

YouTube - Michou ? "Eavesdropping" Official Music Video

Reveille
December 31st, 2010, 2:39 AM
Reveille...

Nickrulz1
January 2nd, 2011, 6:26 PM
Goldfinger :D

G-Fresh
January 4th, 2011, 2:55 AM
Smash Brovaz
YouTube - Smash Brovaz - Whatchu Need Whatchu Want Feat. Blake Carrington (OFFICIAL VIDEO)

and Slaine from LCN and the Subnoize camp
YouTube - Slaine - I Ain't Done

Second City Saint
February 21st, 2011, 9:12 PM
I just saw the new Transit album on Strike Gently. These guys are from the next town over from me and I've seen them play at a church in that town about five times. I guess they're blowing up?

Anaconda Sniper
February 21st, 2011, 9:49 PM
Transit!!! <3 Love them dudes. A lot of bands that I found about 4/5 years ago Transit included are getting huge even my favorite Title Fight. It is awesome seeing them growing and growing going on bigger tours, touring with bigger bands.

Second City Saint
February 21st, 2011, 11:48 PM
Anaconda Sniper, do yourself a favor and start listening to Counterparts pronto.

YouTube - Counterparts - Sturdy Wings

Anaconda Sniper
February 22nd, 2011, 11:14 AM
:yes::yes: Awesome.

Alf
February 22nd, 2011, 11:27 AM
Mental. So the band I originally talked about have since won an arse load of awards and performed with Bob Dylan at the grammy awards.

Red Dog
February 22nd, 2011, 11:31 AM
Oh dearie me! I was only telling that bloke who quoted me as he seemed to like them and I thought it was an interesting, if slightly boring, nugget of information. If I was going to make up a band I've been drinking with out of all the bands in the world, I wouldn't pick the fucking Rifles you utter cretinous troll!!

Next time you shave, try standing an inch or two closer to the blade eh. :)
Blimey. I was a right cunt when I started posting here!

Back on topic it is late now but I discovered The Vaccines.

Bennedy
February 23rd, 2011, 4:00 PM
Was a right cunt?

I have only just recently discovered the Vaccines. I like what I have heard so far.

BBF
February 23rd, 2011, 4:04 PM
Still nothing wrong with The Rifles.

Red Dog
February 24th, 2011, 5:53 AM
'Local Boy' by them is one of my favourite songs.

There is no good music about anyone. The Brit awards is a good indication of that.

Bennedy
February 24th, 2011, 1:30 PM
You're saying Tinie Tempah is not good?

I don't believe you.

Canuck
February 24th, 2011, 2:28 PM
Hey Rosetta

Just released their new album 'seeds'. It's probably their best work so far.

YouTube - Hey Rosetta ! - BANDAGES

BBF
February 24th, 2011, 4:19 PM
'Local Boy' by them is one of my favourite songs.

There is no good music about anyone. The Brit awards is a good indication of that.

We could be Romeo and Julie of our time.

Simon
March 11th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Big plug for my mate's band, from what I've been told they are likely to be big tings in the near future:

YouTube - IC1s - Not Perfect

YouTube - IC1s - Whack Jack

Love the first song.

Also I don't know this bloke but he is on the verge of making serious moves in the UK urban (terrible term but what else can I say, black?) scene, his name is Bluey Robinson and he is class.

YouTube - SB.TV EXCLUSIVE - Bluey Robinson - &quot;Use Somebody&quot; [Kings Of Leon cover]

Dodgy Browne
March 17th, 2011, 7:19 AM
Last year someone recommended The naked and the famous.
I fell in love in with them immediately and haven't heard them anywhere else.

Now I hear them daily on my poppy radio station.
Grrr.

Of course is not a bad thing, I mean it's great for a band when they break through.
But somehow it changes a bit when you're the only one listening to the band in Holland and next thing they have a single and everybody is amazed by them.

Past week I "discovered" Diana Ross.
Yeah, laugh.

My friend downloaded all these Motown classics on my pc.
I like Motown, it's okay.
But then Diana Ross's "Ain't no mountain high enough" passed by and I had goosebumps when the build came halfway.
I never really listened to this song before and this really amazed me. Beautiful.

I would like to hear you opinion on "Licht uit" by The Opposites.
They are a Dutch rap group. Normally I don't care for rap, but this song is really catchy.
It is sung in Dutch tough, so I do wonder how you guys experience a song like this.

Wooooo
April 25th, 2011, 4:40 PM
Licht uit isn't my kind of music, its not the language thing, just not my bag.

I saw a band called Dutch Uncles last year, their album has just come out, apparently they are itunes single of the week or something (I don't do itunes so I can't confirm this)

They are quite a spectacle live though, easy to watch without getting bored.

And while I like this single quite a bit I'm undecided on them as a band

YouTube - Dutch Uncles - Face In

Simon
September 19th, 2011, 2:14 PM
Big plug for my mate's band, from what I've been told they are likely to be big tings in the near future:

YouTube - IC1s - Not Perfect (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtbYZzIbmKs)

YouTube - IC1s - Whack Jack (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrYCv9S-2dE)
[/url]
You little homies should have listened and got on the bandwagon early! IC1s are currently flying up the charts with their debut single Levitate, have been personally signed by Alan McGee of Oasis and Libertines fame. Quality band.

Go and buy Levitate ya pricks.

Canuck
October 31st, 2011, 4:47 PM
http://www.andrewjamesobrien.com/

la la la is worth checking out itself.

I steal cable
October 31st, 2011, 6:05 PM
Patterns

my bro is a good friend with one of the band, that's how I came across them

Patterns - Induction (live at Whitworth Art Gallery) - YouTube

studio version (http://soundcloud.com/melodic-records/induction)

RantingLombax
January 15th, 2013, 9:44 PM
Atreyu

Pretty good band for being emo/metalcore
Alot of their songs have different song stuctures, which is a nice touch. They have some great song titles. Aint love grand is a personal favoriite

Five Finger Death Punch
Stright forward rock. Their songs dont drag like most bands of the genre. Plus the guitar solos are awesome

Matthew
January 15th, 2013, 9:47 PM
when did you discover them?

RantingLombax
January 15th, 2013, 9:50 PM
within the last month.

Matthew
January 16th, 2013, 12:10 AM
alright thanks

McBain
January 16th, 2013, 12:56 AM
Atreyu eh. There's a real discovery.

Canuck
January 18th, 2013, 7:32 PM
The Lumineers

MikeHunt
January 18th, 2013, 7:51 PM
They are complete bollocks.

I'm nominating street party in soho. Bunch of 16/17 year olds from n.e England, bloody talented little bugger as well.

Canuck
May 1st, 2013, 5:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KAegTxyO1I

I imagine they'll blow up. A bit like Mumford and Sons but not the same thing over and over again.

Bennedy
May 10th, 2013, 10:41 AM
They are complete bollocks.

I'm nominating street party in soho. Bunch of 16/17 year olds from n.e England, bloody talented little bugger as well.

These boys sound really good. Not a bad recommendation there.