Slare
November 8th, 2008, 7:29 PM
no

Ringo
November 8th, 2008, 7:30 PM
Are you mentally deformed?

Torn
November 8th, 2008, 7:31 PM
He's fucking brilliant, when is his next TV SPECIAL?

Ringo
November 8th, 2008, 7:34 PM
SO when the fuck will the fight actually start tonight? Setanta is confusing and irritating.

Hobbit
November 8th, 2008, 7:38 PM
He is the man indeed.

Prison ep :eek:

Torn
November 8th, 2008, 7:42 PM
SO when the fuck will the fight actually start tonight? Setanta is confusing and irritating.

Like 1am I THINK

Ringo
November 8th, 2008, 8:08 PM
Official coverage starts then....

...:happysad:

Jay
November 8th, 2008, 9:07 PM
Louis Theroux is amazing. Just so many brilliant episodes - but the one that will always stick in my mind is when he visits "the most hated family in America." Some of their protest signs were so cruel, yet so completely hilarious. And they would even fly across America to turn up at a FUNERAL to protest :lol:

Torn
November 8th, 2008, 9:10 PM
I'm guessing Ringo is watching the ton of episodes on DAVE at the moment, the Jimmy Saville one is on right now. What a cunt he is :lol:

Hobbit
November 8th, 2008, 9:43 PM
Louis Theroux is amazing. Just so many brilliant episodes - but the one that will always stick in my mind is when he visits "the most hated family in America." Some of their protest signs were so cruel, yet so completely hilarious. And they would even fly across America to turn up at a FUNERAL to protest :lol:

Ah yeah that when they picket at dead soldier's funerals isn't it, what a collection of actual cunts :freak:

Am I right in remembering that they're by the roadside and some top, top player drives past lobbing a drink/piss at their young son and they get offended by it? aahahaha amazing scenes.

One where he's in Vegas as well and that old bastard woman who's spent something silly like 4 million dollars on the slot machines :lol:

Ringo
November 8th, 2008, 10:05 PM
I'm guessing Ringo is watching the ton of episodes on DAVE at the moment, the Jimmy Saville one is on right now. What a cunt he is :lol:

WRONG.

I was channel hopping. I've seen them all 100 times anyway :cool:

Ringo
November 8th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Am I right in remembering that they're by the roadside and some top, top player drives past lobbing a drink/piss at their young son and they get offended by it? aahahaha amazing scenes.

Yes :lol:

Torn
November 30th, 2008, 4:01 PM
HE'S BACK in an hour on BBC Two, Law and Disorder in Philadelphia :hyper:

Ringo
November 30th, 2008, 4:02 PM
SCORE.

My Hero.

Bad Collin
November 30th, 2008, 4:31 PM
'Mon the Theroux

Repo
November 30th, 2008, 5:38 PM
lewis will fuck your ginger ass up.

Ringo
November 30th, 2008, 5:48 PM
BRILLIANT that was. What a man.

Also just further accentuates just how REAL The Wire is.

Kris
November 30th, 2008, 5:58 PM
It was bizarre. It's like midway through a season of The Wire, Dominic West just stopped fucking bothering with the accent.

BLEAK as fuck though.

JIJ
November 30th, 2008, 6:33 PM
It didn't reveal anything we didn't know already though, bit of a pointless watch.

Kris
November 30th, 2008, 6:41 PM
I dunno, I enjoyed Louis trapping the corner boys in his impeccable web of logic.

Repo
November 30th, 2008, 6:51 PM
It wasnt his best, but it was worth it for lewis twating the fat ginger.
"So you are not a drug pusher?"
"Yeah"
"Where did you get the diamond chain then?"

JIJ
November 30th, 2008, 6:52 PM
Yeah that was the only good bit.

I found the rest of his questioning incredibly repetitive. His naive questioning tactics are good when he's investigating a subject that hasn't been covered much in the media, but for a subject like this which has received extensive coverage already it was a bit boring.

Hulkamaniac
November 30th, 2008, 7:12 PM
Has anything ever been said that was popularly opinion that you didnt disagree with?

JIJ
November 30th, 2008, 7:17 PM
What? Who am I disagreeing with here?

Nobody has said it was a masterpiece.

This is getting ridiculous.

Hulkamaniac
November 30th, 2008, 7:21 PM
It just seems like its getting entirely predictable that someone will say "That was good" and its inevitable that you'll come in with a contrary opinion, to everything, ever, always.

JIJ
November 30th, 2008, 7:23 PM
Ringo said it was brilliant. Kris didn't reveal his thoughts either way.

I didn't realise that made up the popular opinion these days.

Hulkamaniac
November 30th, 2008, 7:25 PM
You know the crack mate, you're splitting hairs here just to detract for this odd impulse you have to offer the alternative opinion to everything. You're a very strange fellow.

JIJ
November 30th, 2008, 7:29 PM
I offer my opinion as it is a message board.

I am very rarely negative.

What's getting repetitive is people jumping on me either way. This was completely needless.

Legitimate Business
December 1st, 2008, 12:50 AM
I met him on Tuesday :)

Repo
December 1st, 2008, 2:39 AM
coke snorting, drug dealing, rent boy are you?

Hulkamaniac
December 1st, 2008, 4:36 AM
I offer my opinion as it is a message board.

I am very rarely negative.

What's getting repetitive is people jumping on me either way. This was completely needless.

Your opinion is almost always negative.

Hobbit
December 1st, 2008, 7:31 AM
It was bizarre. It's like midway through a season of The Wire, Dominic West just stopped fucking bothering with the accent.

BLEAK as fuck though.

He did that maybe twice in five seasons.

Great telly last night with King Louis. Philly's 'fairly close' to Baltimore anyway so it was basically The Wire and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

It was so bleak though yeah, absolutely unbelievable misery and proper depressing. The cop that knew the local drug lord, Hunter, was immense. I'd like to see Pat and Carl off Road Wars busting some kids in a real rundown shithole :lol:

Cactus Lem
December 1st, 2008, 7:53 AM
I'd like to see Pat and Carl off Road Wars busting some kids in a real rundown shithole :lol:

I'd rather see Swanny, Scotty and Baz from Road Wars dealing with that sort of shit. Swanny would go down.

Some of the areas that Theroux went through during that show actually seemed to resemble a lot of the areas I saw when I got lost in Philly. I don't think I've ever been so scared in my life.

Kris
December 1st, 2008, 8:09 AM
He looked like a massive fucking prick in that vest.

Bad Collin
December 1st, 2008, 9:22 AM
That programme made me want to join the police.

Hobbit
December 1st, 2008, 11:02 AM
I'd rather see Swanny, Scotty and Baz from Road Wars dealing with that sort of shit. Swanny would go down.

Some of the areas that Theroux went through during that show actually seemed to resemble a lot of the areas I saw when I got lost in Philly. I don't think I've ever been so scared in my life.

A fellow RW fan :beer:

Imagine Rosie patrolling the place too and shitting herself everytime she had to run after someone. She'd last maybe a week.

Christ I wouldn't want to get lost there though, how brown were your boxers ffs :lol:

Ringo
December 1st, 2008, 11:08 AM
He looked like a massive fucking prick in that vest.

Fuck off.

Cactus Lem
December 2nd, 2008, 6:35 PM
Christ I wouldn't want to get lost there though, how brown were your boxers ffs :lol:

Haha, well I ended up wearing the same pair for three days due to my luggage getting put on the flight I never boarded, and had pulled the night previous, so they where about as brown as brown can get, while being rather pastey thanks to the previous night.

I'd come from Orlando to Philly and missed my connecting flight, had no luggage, and was walking the streets in temperatures bellow 10 in shorts and t-shirt. I don't think I've ever stood out so much in my life.

Torn
December 9th, 2008, 10:40 PM
This was amazing again on Sunday.

Fucking hell what a horrible place. The guy who killed two cops, didn't give a shit and said he would put a baby in the oven to get money was an absolute lunatic.

Glen
December 9th, 2008, 11:04 PM
"I will put a knife to your wife's neck, just here, and you will give me da monay. All da monay."

MENTAL.

son_of_foley
December 10th, 2008, 6:40 AM
He was scary. Lets all go to the world cup lads ehh

Kris
December 10th, 2008, 6:41 AM
To be fair the vigilante bloke was a bit worrying too. Sjamboks are fucking nasty.

son_of_foley
December 10th, 2008, 6:55 AM
Nearly all of them were very un-nerving except maybe the community police guys who seemed decent enough.

I cant believe the next two world cups are in South Africa and Brazil. Everyone is going to die.

Kris
December 10th, 2008, 6:58 AM
It was the bit where the guy basically shrugged and said that they'd burnt two people to death. CHILLING.

The bit where the bloke kicked the guy in the head was pretty unnecessary too.

Quite funny when the two BAD BOYZ sprayed each other with pepper spray though. LOL.

son_of_foley
December 10th, 2008, 7:03 AM
That whole bit was rotten. They knocked the shit out of them and they all thought they were so hard.

Also the smirking when they were denying killing someone who had shot a bad boy.

There's a lot of dickheads out there living above the law and clattering poor people when they see fit.

Wild wild west.

Kris
December 10th, 2008, 7:31 AM
I hope William has been lynched by now for his Sjambok cuntery.

JIJ
December 10th, 2008, 9:13 AM
Pussies.

South Africa isn't that bad, my mate goes to Joburg a lot and my old manager lived there for a bit and said it was fine.

I'd go there and if I had to i'd kill someone and that is why I'm lethal.

son_of_foley
December 10th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Good luck.

DavidUK
December 18th, 2008, 9:30 PM
Just watched his documentary about the Phelps family from Kansas, anyone else seen it?

I wouldn't piss on those bastards if they were on fire.

Ringo
December 18th, 2008, 10:14 PM
I put your baby in oven and turn oven on.

Marlon Dingle
December 19th, 2008, 4:23 AM
I watched "The Most Hated Family in America" last night. It's so weird that people actually believe in that kind of shit. You can tell they are just angry human beings who are outcasts and think that they are the chosen ones by god. Like deep down even if I believed that God hates soldiers, I'm sure I would still feel sorry for the family for losing a loved one and feel a bit guilty for picketing a funeral. The whole grooming of the children was sick aswell, little kids holding signs reading "Fag Soldiers" and not know why or what they were doing.

Had to laugh when the head honcho shouted "You're gonna eat your babies."

You've got to love Louis Theroux, his documentaries are the shit.

Kris
December 19th, 2008, 4:31 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/15/WBC_-_Dead_Miners_2006.jpg

Jay
December 19th, 2008, 5:46 AM
I always wonder about that woman he spoke to, the younger one, who you could tell wasn't happy with her life by the fact she'd get teary-eyed every time Louis questioned her about the church. She must have "broke free" by now, surely? She was an emotional bag of nerves around Louis.

I watched it the first time it was shown, but watched it again last night due to my :heart: of Louis and the fact I hadn't seen it in a while. It was still interesting and fascinating, even on a second watch.

And yeah, that baby in the oven guy was fucking insane. The entire place is, judging by what was shown. The fact that everyone thinks they can take the law into their own hands and just burn people for any wrongdoing is unbelievable.

son_of_foley
December 19th, 2008, 5:50 AM
They did another documentary about that family but with Keith Allen or whatever you call that massive idiot. He shouted at them and got kicked out of their house pretty quickly were as Louis gave them just enough rope to look moronic

Hulkamaniac
December 19th, 2008, 6:54 AM
Just watched his documentary about the Phelps family from Kansas, anyone else seen it?

I wouldn't piss on those bastards if they were on fire.

I'dve fucked one of them though.

JIJ
December 19th, 2008, 7:42 AM
I thought Louis was shown up a bit towards the end of the Johannesburg program. He showed a distinct lack of understanding and that vigilante bloke caught him out.

JIJ
December 19th, 2008, 7:45 AM
Reading back through this thread, Kris and sof really don't have a clue.

Those vigilante blokes weren't unnerving at all.

Kris
December 19th, 2008, 7:47 AM
Ok, JIJ.

JIJ
December 19th, 2008, 7:50 AM
You clearly don't Kris. I suggest you actually go and spend time in a place like Joburg and I guarantee your opinion will change.

You haven't a clue what its like. I lived in an absolute shithole for 20 years (nothing like as bad as Joburg) and I would've loved to have a group like the Bad Boyz around to take out the cunts. I can only imagine how they feel out there.

Kris
December 19th, 2008, 7:56 AM
It is fucking unnerving if you aren't used to having a massive group of vigilantes come around a kick people in the head.

So how do I not get it?

son_of_foley
December 19th, 2008, 8:03 AM
You clearly don't Kris. I suggest you actually go and spend time in a place like Joburg and I guarantee your opinion will change.

You haven't a clue what its like. I lived in an absolute shithole for 20 years (nothing like as bad as Joburg) and I would've loved to have a group like the Bad Boyz around to take out the cunts. I can only imagine how they feel out there.

Yeah mate but whilst the concept of the bay boyz is a good one it's clear that some of them enjoy knocking the shit out of people themselves. I don't know why you feel the need to act the big lad about it. There's a lot of dickheads in belfast mate but you'ld have to be an absolute moron to not understand that vigilanteeism can go sour.

JIJ
December 19th, 2008, 8:03 AM
If you understood the situation they're in you'd find it reassuring.

Believe it or not they were decent people.

JIJ
December 19th, 2008, 8:04 AM
Yeah mate but whilst the concept of the bay boyz is a good one it's clear that some of them enjoy knocking the shit out of people themselves. I don't know why you feel the need to act the big lad about it. There's a lot of dickheads in belfast mate but you'ld have to be an absolute moron to not understand that vigilanteeism can go sour.

Acting the big lad? :lol:

You need to grow up, the fact you still see the world in the same way a teenager does is pitiful.

Kris
December 19th, 2008, 8:06 AM
So, after a few days break JIJ is back in fight-picking mode.

son_of_foley
December 19th, 2008, 8:08 AM
I read back through what I had said and I believe it was simply

Apart from the community officers in the shanty town most of the other guys seemed very out for what they could get. The bad boys admitted to helping the drug dealer out with his problems in the hope that he wouldnt be replaced by someone who was more aggressive. You didnt find their support for specific drug dealers to be a bit un-nerving? You didn't find the various hints from Theroux that they took the law into their own hands even when their personal safety or the property they were protecting wasnt in danger slightly concerning?

Maybe you find it hard to follow points. I understand there is a lawlessness about the town and that it's dangerous I understand why people feel the need for vigilantees but I'm not simple enough to think they are actually a solution to the problem.

The whole documentary was essentially about the corruption these services get especially centering around William and how he battered somebody for no good and in the end was causing more trouble.

JIJ
December 19th, 2008, 8:08 AM
It annoys me when people who clearly don't understand a situation pass judgement on it.

Marlon Dingle
December 19th, 2008, 8:10 AM
So you'd be happy for a group of guys to beat the shit out of some innocent dude? What if that dude was you, I'm sure you'd see it differently.

son_of_foley
December 19th, 2008, 8:10 AM
It annoys me when people who clearly don't understand a situation pass judgement on it.

So why are you commenting on it. You don't understand the situation because you know people who are there. We have vigilantees in belfast you massive mong.

You did act the big lad. I believe you stated about how you'ld have no problem killing someone when it wasnt even the issue being discussed.

Kris
December 19th, 2008, 8:12 AM
It is possible that I understand it, but find it unsettling as it is not a situation that I have experienced, nor am I comfortable with it.

Similarly, I can understand some of the things that happen during wars, but it doesn't mean that I have to be comfortable with it, or even necessarily accepting of it.

son_of_foley
December 19th, 2008, 8:12 AM
They are not decent people who are doing it for the community those were the lads in the shanty town. The bad boyz are clearly people who are in it for the money and are not above taking matters into their own hands. Seriously you're a child. This isn't an action film you know.

Why would decent people promote and help a drug dealer?

Kris
December 19th, 2008, 8:13 AM
BECAUSE THAT'S HOW IT IS ON THE STREETS. YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND. YOU ARE NOT FROM HAYES.

son_of_foley
December 19th, 2008, 8:18 AM
No, I'm not getting into name-calling as it's an easy way out for him. I would like him to explain how I have a childish view on the world when Im saying vigilanteeism isnt a solution because it get's easily corrupted.

I didn't state that they havent provided some good but the narrative of the film was suggesting that they were becoming looser with their morals and I found it a bit unnerving knowing the direction it could soon be heading in. In that they could be taking a cut from the drug dealer and further protecting him.

This somehow makes me a pussy.

Kris
December 19th, 2008, 8:20 AM
Well, the fact that I don't like seeing people being violent towards other people means I don't live in the real world - despite the fact I am aware it happens, I simply don't really like it - particularly when it is people in a position of 'authority'.

JIJ
December 19th, 2008, 8:23 AM
I read back through what I had said and I believe it was simply

Apart from the community officers in the shanty town most of the other guys seemed very out for what they could get. The bad boys admitted to helping the drug dealer out with his problems in the hope that he wouldnt be replaced by someone who was more aggressive. You didnt find their support for specific drug dealers to be a bit un-nerving? You didn't find the various hints from Theroux that they took the law into their own hands even when their personal safety or the property they were protecting wasnt in danger slightly concerning?

See this is what I'm talking about when I say you don't really understand the situation. Its not unnerving at all. It makes perfect sense to keep on good terms with the kingpin, if they were at war how many more people would lose their lives? Plus, if war did occur and they won, the next guy who comes along would inevitably be worse. He'd have to be because he knows if he simply replicates his predecessor then he'd also lose the battle. Better the devil you know etc.

As for them taking the law into their own hands, I saw no evidence of them doing anything illegal. They stepped in where a man had been knocked unconscious and only after giving several warnings to leave the scene did they get physical with the people who had committed the assault. As for Louis, I ignored him because I don't think he really understood what living there was like. He showed on numerous occasions a complete lack of understanding.

Maybe you find it hard to follow points. I understand there is a lawlessness about the town and that it's dangerous I understand why people feel the need for vigilantees but I'm not simple enough to think they are actually a solution to the problem.

The whole documentary was essentially about the corruption these services get especially centering around William and how he battered somebody for no good and in the end was causing more trouble.

We can't say whether William was corrupt because we never found out whether the people he was beating were guilty of anything. You're blindly following Louis' pathetic attempts at portraying him as a corrupt vigilante.

JIJ
December 19th, 2008, 8:23 AM
So you'd be happy for a group of guys to beat the shit out of some innocent dude? What if that dude was you, I'm sure you'd see it differently.

Where did that happen?

Kris
December 19th, 2008, 8:27 AM
Well wasn't it alleged that the bloke did something wrong, rather than him actually being proven to have done something wrong.

Isn't that the problem with vigilanteeism, there is not burden of proof. If you look at them wrong you're in the firing line?

JIJ
December 19th, 2008, 8:27 AM
No, I'm not getting into name-calling as it's an easy way out for him. I would like him to explain how I have a childish view on the world when Im saying vigilanteeism isnt a solution because it get's easily corrupted.

I didn't state that they havent provided some good but the narrative of the film was suggesting that they were becoming looser with their morals and I found it a bit unnerving knowing the direction it could soon be heading in. In that they could be taking a cut from the drug dealer and further protecting him.

This somehow makes me a pussy.

Where did I call you a child?

I said you need to grow up, that isn't meant literally :lol:

And what I was referring to was the fact you said I was acting the big lad because I said I grew up in a shithole. If you genuinely believe that I'm trying to impress anyone on here then I can only assume it is because you yourself do so. That, in my opinion, is incredibly immature.

JIJ
December 19th, 2008, 8:31 AM
Well wasn't it alleged that the bloke did something wrong, rather than him actually being proven to have done something wrong.

Isn't that the problem with vigilanteeism, there is not burden of proof. If you look at them wrong you're in the firing line?

Haha I'm not sure the innocent until proven guilty method works out there Kris.

You're judging S Africa by the standards of the West.

Kris
December 19th, 2008, 8:31 AM
Surely you mean North?

JIJ
December 19th, 2008, 8:34 AM
I'd go there and if I had to i'd kill someone and that is why I'm lethal.

You did act the big lad. I believe you stated about how you'ld have no problem killing someone when it wasnt even the issue being discussed.

Please tell me you aren't serious....I wondered what the hell you were on about :lol:

Fucking hell.

JIJ
December 19th, 2008, 8:34 AM
Surely you mean North?

What do you mean?

Marlon Dingle
December 19th, 2008, 8:37 AM
Where did that happen?

Tonight when ya walkin' home. Me and my mates are gonna jump ya 'cause we heard ya done a crime. 'Cause that's da real world. Shit.

Kris
December 19th, 2008, 8:41 AM
What do you mean?

Well South Africa is in the Southern Hemisphere, which is probably more of a defining factor in terms of social norms than it being easterly or westerly, particularly given that it operates on the same timezone as Greece and other European nations...

JIJ
December 19th, 2008, 8:43 AM
Tonight when ya walkin' home. Me and my mates are gonna jump ya 'cause we heard ya done a crime. 'Cause that's da real world. Shit.

:lol:

Who are you trying to argue against here.

You are crazy.

JIJ
December 19th, 2008, 8:44 AM
Well South Africa is in the Southern Hemisphere, which is probably more of a defining factor in terms of social norms than it being easterly or westerly, particularly given that it operates on the same timezone as Greece and other European nations...

:wtf:

Do you really believe that?

South Africa is the same as Greece because they are in the same timezone.

Thanks for proving my point. You don't understand a thing.

Pete Cash
December 19th, 2008, 8:48 AM
define the west JIJ using the development of the term, "the west"

JIJ
December 19th, 2008, 8:50 AM
Don't distract me Pete Cash. I've already defeated you once this morning.

JIJ
December 19th, 2008, 8:53 AM
WHAT WE'VE LEARNED FROM THIS THREAD THIS MORNING

son_of_foley shockingly (I mean that seriously as I never realised he was this stupid) cannot tell the difference between joke and serious discussion.

Kris thinks the only factor differentiating people around the world is the timezone they live in :wtf:

Marlon Dingle....well nothing really we all knew he was dim.

Kris
December 19th, 2008, 8:53 AM
JIJ is a complete moron who has minimal reading comprehension skills.

Pete Cash
December 19th, 2008, 8:54 AM
Jamie, you dont know what the term "the west" means :lol:

WHAT DO YOU UNDERSTAND.

Pete Cash
December 19th, 2008, 8:55 AM
FYI one of the more commonly used definition of THE WEST was nations allied with NATO/The United States during the Cold War.

Which put South Africa into the West. There is a modern definition of The West that places South Africa in it. You have failed again Jamie with your minimal understanding of anything.

JIJ
December 19th, 2008, 9:00 AM
The fact Marlon Dingle is on your team says it all.

Pete Cash and Kris need to learn when to accept defeat.

Pete Cash
December 19th, 2008, 9:03 AM
Jamie, I am pretty sure that South Africa was allied with The United States in the cold war, Jamie??, Jamie???,JAMIEEEEEEEE???????

I don't even believe you have a pass degree now. There is no way a person this stupid could take a degree of any level.

Clutch
December 19th, 2008, 9:07 AM
TROLL WARS XIII

JIJ
December 19th, 2008, 9:09 AM
Jamie, I am pretty sure that South Africa was allied with The United States in the cold war, Jamie??, Jamie???,JAMIEEEEEEEE???????

:lol:

Take a break.

Pete Cash
December 19th, 2008, 9:12 AM
Jamie, I just checked on Wiki (its this free encyclopaedia that anyone can edit) and it says that South Africa was the United States strongest ally IN AFRICA during the Cold War.

JAMIE, JAMIEEEEEEEEEEEE?????

I mean, it seems like you are wrong about something????

son_of_foley
December 19th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Where did I call you a child?

I said you need to grow up, that isn't meant literally :lol:

Acting the big lad? :lol:

You need to grow up, the fact you still see the world in the same way a teenager does is pitiful.

It's a bit confusing following your contradictory posts.

William said the guy was guilty of a crime which the community say he wasn't. He beat the man violently which he was warned not to do by the police. That's practically the textbook definition of taking the law into your own hands.

The bad boys also smirked when asked if they had killed someone who they thought had shot a member of their team. Not during the encounter which could of course be argued as self-defense but after the event. That's taking law into their own hands.

You state that none of us know what its like to live there and neither do you. There's shit areas everywhere but they aren't the same. There is ripe vigilanteeism in Belfast, well at least there was.

Getting in with the kingpin is not the correct thing to do in the situation. It's not a computer game mate. It might be the correct move if you are seeing it as a purely business interest but the fact is he is still selling drugs to people. It will come to a point where they are protecting his interests and profitting from it and will they just cut those ties in the future or will they sponsor him elsewhere after displacing another drug dealer they don't like?

You talk about how many extra lives will be lost if someone else comes in? You tell me, the main source of these lost lifes will be rival drug dealers or these vigilantees.

I also see you've failed to counter the fact that I've said I see the need for extra security but cannot see past these organisations who are happy to use violence so freely becoming anything other than bloated and aggressive.

:lol: It's quite hilarious because you can't argue so you make terrible jokes and then claim you've won.

You should probably post the sleeping smiley before you lose face

Pete Cash
December 19th, 2008, 10:41 AM
jamie, where was this awful hell hole where you had to struggle to survive for the first 20 years of your life???

Kris
December 19th, 2008, 10:57 AM
HAYES, MIDDLESEX http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayes,_Hillingdon

JIJ
December 19th, 2008, 11:08 AM
It's a bit confusing following your contradictory posts.

William said the guy was guilty of a crime which the community say he wasn't. He beat the man violently which he was warned not to do by the police. That's practically the textbook definition of taking the law into your own hands.

Actually the community didn't know if he was guilty or not. The woman Louis interviewed said something along the lines of "if he did commit a crime he should stand before us and explain why he did it".

The bad boys also smirked when asked if they had killed someone who they thought had shot a member of their team. Not during the encounter which could of course be argued as self-defense but after the event. That's taking law into their own hands.

They smirked at the thought of their friends killer dying?!?!?! MONSTERS. Whether they did it or not is pure speculation so lets not get into that.

You state that none of us know what its like to live there and neither do you. There's shit areas everywhere but they aren't the same. There is ripe vigilanteeism in Belfast, well at least there was.

Getting in with the kingpin is not the correct thing to do in the situation. It's not a computer game mate. It might be the correct move if you are seeing it as a purely business interest but the fact is he is still selling drugs to people. It will come to a point where they are protecting his interests and profitting from it and will they just cut those ties in the future or will they sponsor him elsewhere after displacing another drug dealer they don't like?

So what is the best move then? You all seem to know what not to do but unless you provide some sort of alternative your criticisms are pointless. I wasn't even saying its the right thing to do, I'm saying its the best thing to do given the circumstances.

You talk about how many extra lives will be lost if someone else comes in? You tell me, the main source of these lost lifes will be rival drug dealers or these vigilantees.

I also see you've failed to counter the fact that I've said I see the need for extra security but cannot see past these organisations who are happy to use violence so freely becoming anything other than bloated and aggressive.

I said extra lives would be lost if there was a turf war between the Bad Boyz and the drug lord. Please read my posts properly.

Also, you are again speculating. There was no example of excessive force being used by the Bad Boyz. The one time they got physical was when they were trying to keep a group of people away from an UNCONSCIOUS MAN. Again, what monsters.

:lol: It's quite hilarious because you can't argue so you make terrible jokes and then claim you've won.

You should probably post the sleeping smiley before you lose face

Whats hilarious is the fact you genuinely cant tell the difference between fact and joke.

Matthew
December 19th, 2008, 11:11 AM
get your own avatar

JIJ
December 19th, 2008, 11:12 AM
jamie, where was this awful hell hole where you had to struggle to survive for the first 20 years of your life???

Here's a snippet of what happened down the street I grew up in (all true):

Numerous cases of arson
Numerous police raids (day/night)
Stabbings
Armed robberies
Muggings
Beatings
Drugs
Theft

It's nothing like as bad as Joburg but its a hell of a lot worse than what any of you grew up with.

Matthew
December 19th, 2008, 11:13 AM
pete cash grew up in the jungle

JIJ
December 19th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Thats only on my street.

I am such a gangster.

son_of_foley
December 19th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Actually the community didn't know if he was guilty or not. The woman Louis interviewed said something along the lines of "if he did commit a crime he should stand before us and explain why he did it".

The community certainly thought that William had been heavy handed with his response. Something that he had been warned not to do by the police. He was committing a crime himself. He took the law into his own hands in a situation where it certainly seemed over the top. Many people believed that hence why they were going to burn him to death.

They smirked at the thought of their friends killer dying?!?!?! MONSTERS. Whether they did it or not is pure speculation so lets not get into that.

They smirked when they were asked if they had sorted the person responsible out. Louis asked them if they had shot him basically and they smirked and said no they wouldnt say. They shot someone and yet I'm a pussy for finding that un-nerving because it's a sign that they are starting to see themselves as above the law. That and making deals with drug dealers are signs

So what is the best move then? You all seem to know what not to do but unless you provide some sort of alternative your criticisms are pointless. I wasn't even saying its the right thing to do, I'm saying its the best thing to do given the circumstances.

To start off with they said we leave him alone and he leaves us alone. Thats the best of ultimately crap choices. I understand they cant just get him arrested or whatever I'm not an idiot. I understand they can't kill him either as that would be a gross incident of being above the law. When they said that I understood the reasoning.

It then turned out later they 'helped him solve problems'. They have their reasons for it but believing them to be pure is highly naive on your behalf. I think if they have a business relationship with him that's a step too far

I said extra lives would be lost if there was a turf war between the Bad Boyz and the drug lord. Please read my posts properly.

Again I said what lives will be lost. Is it those or rival drug dealers and vigilantees? This is a cost of being a vigilantee. Are you wanting them to just control 'nice' criminals?

Also, you are again speculating. There was no example of excessive force being used by the Bad Boyz. The one time they got physical was when they were trying to keep a group of people away from an UNCONSCIOUS MAN. Again, what monsters.

Again you're being highly naive and speculating yourselves. I've repeatidly said I understand the role they play and why it can be beneficial to the local people who are struggling there. If you feel it is the answer then I think you're looking at things far too simply.

My points which caused you to call me a pussy where as follows

1) I found the vigilantees to be un-nerving as to me there was signs that they were taking the law too far into their own hands. Beating a man for damaging a fence so much so that they thought he was going to lose the use of his legs is excessive and doesn't help the community.

Alluding to shooting a man after the event, even in the extreme circumstances listed is worrying. They didn't deny it outright and instead laughed about it which made it feel as if they took the situation lightly. Please don't try and twist those words now.

2) I said it was a stupid decision to hold a world cup there due to the massive levels of street crime.

Whats hilarious is the fact you genuinely cant tell the difference between fact and joke.

Living in a rough area doesn't mean you're speculating any less than any of us. I know rough areas I don't think that makes me any more experienced to talk about the situation than anyone else. There are vigilantee groups in belfast who funnily enough also have sponsored drug dealers so thats why I found the situations un-nerving as it seems remarakably similar in scope.

You've gone off on a mad rant calling me a pussy and having a naive view of the world without having any clue about my life experience or for that matter even understanding the original point being made.

I genuinely think you might need to gain some perspective if peoples opinions on a message board make you angry. I've made it very clear why I felt how I did and you're looking increasingly silly now because you cannot argue the 2 points I have made.

You've said there's no evidence I never claimed there was I simply said that the inferrences (perhaps a foreign concept to you) that could be made from the programme made me feel uncomfortable about the future roles those guys could have in the city

son_of_foley
December 19th, 2008, 11:37 AM
That whole bit was rotten. They knocked the shit out of them and they all thought they were so hard.

At the time of watching it I was a bit confused about the guy they beat up after macing each other. He seemed to be on the peripheral of the event watching and then when they had been maced they hit him. Maybe it was him that had left the guy in the pool of blood maybe it was someone else. From what I can remember it wasn't confirmed that he had done it. I think some people claimed the guy who was attacked had been throwing stuff at them but again I don't think that was the person who they ended up beating up.

JIJ
December 19th, 2008, 12:22 PM
What the flying fuck are you talking about :wtf:

I never said the Bad Boyz were pure, I said they were decent. They are trying to make the best of a shit situation. Stop making things up.

I never called you a pussy either (unless you're referring to that same post I pointed out earlier which was clearly a joke).

I'm not gonna bother replying to you because you're just gonna make stuff up.

And for the record, living in a rough neighbourhood does make you understand things a hell of a lot better than if you grew up in a nice area. That isn't even up for discussion.

son_of_foley
December 19th, 2008, 12:41 PM
You've said there is nothing un-nerving about it. I've explained why. You've then told me I don't understand the situation despite not knowing what area I grew up in or knowing where my family is from. It's you who made the assumptions here.

Growing up in a shit area like you say you have DOES NOT QUALIFY YOU TO DISCUSS THE CORRUPTION OF POWER OF VIGILANTEE GROUPS. It might qualify you to discuss the need or want for the groups but not about the element which I have orignally said I found un-nerving.
Something which you can't argue against.

You claim to understand the situation better than anyone else but you seem blatantly ignorant to the fact that those crimes you have listed happen in most major cities. I've been an actual victim of a few of them myself not just having them happen down the road.

You're actually claiming to have a better knowledge about the abuse of power of vigilantees in South Africa than me because you believe the area you live in has more crime than the one I grew up in.

JIJ
December 19th, 2008, 12:45 PM
You've said there is nothing un-nerving about it. I've explained why. You've then told me I don't understand the situation despite not knowing what area I grew up in or knowing where my family is from. It's you who made the assumptions here.

It's my opinion that you don't really understand the situation. You can explain your reasons a million times it won't matter.

Growing up in a shit area like you say you have DOES NOT QUALIFY YOU TO DISCUSS THE CORRUPTION OF POWER OF VIGILANTEE GROUPS. It might qualify you to discuss the need or want for the groups but not about the element which I have orignally said I found un-nerving.
Something which you can't argue against.

I know I'm not qualified to speak about it. In fact I never tried to argue about corruption....again please stop making things up :wtf:

You claim to understand the situation better than anyone else but you seem blatantly ignorant to the fact that those crimes you have listed happen in most major cities. I've been an actual victim of a few of them myself not just having them happen down the road.

You're actually claiming to have a better knowledge about the abuse of power of vigilantees in South Africa than me because you believe the area you live in has more crime than the one I grew up in.

:zzz:

See above. Not once did I mention corruption.

N.E.R.F.
December 19th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Vigilante only has one 'e' please :(

*pedant*

JIJ
December 19th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Just checked back and it was YOU sof who brought up William being corrupt.

What is wrong with you?

son_of_foley
December 19th, 2008, 12:54 PM
I know I brought it up you idiot to explain why I found it un-nerving. You've said I don't understand the situation I've said I do because of the groups locally.

This is the crux of the argument. I found it un-nerving as they are showing signs of become corrupt with power. You have said there is nothing un-nerving about the situation due to the benefits they can bring the community.

How is that not arguing about corruption? Thats the part I find un-nerving and you're claiming I don't understand the situation. Again you can't answer it so you've said I brought it up I know I did it was my original point. Perhaps it is you who should read a bit closer.

You're arguing semantics again. Posting smilies as well. Good to see you reverting to type.

JIJ
December 19th, 2008, 1:10 PM
First you make up things I'm supposed to have said, then you start calling me names, now you take a dig at me for using the odd smiley here and there.

You're pathetic. You've shown yourself up here to be a complete fool.

I have no problem arguing with civilised people but there's no point with someone like you. I pointed out your immaturity earlier and all you've done is confirm it to everyone.

We're done.

LOCONUT
December 19th, 2008, 1:11 PM
You are breaking up with him?

son_of_foley
December 19th, 2008, 1:14 PM
I doubt he'll stop talking about me tbh. Maybe next time I won't see it and he won't look like so silly.

JIJ
December 19th, 2008, 1:15 PM
I doubt he'll stop talking about me tbh. Maybe next time I won't see it and he won't look like so silly.

Seriously what is wrong with you?

You can't go 5 minutes without embarrassing yourself. It's like that scene in The Simpsons where Grampa's trousers fall down.

Winkle van Tinkle
December 19th, 2008, 1:18 PM
They live in Springfield mate, not South Africa.

OWN GOAL.

JIJ
December 19th, 2008, 1:19 PM
Another generic post from Vanilla Bunts.

son_of_foley
December 19th, 2008, 1:21 PM
Sorry you listed your reasons why you were qualified to discuss this. I explained that I have some experience with the same thing and you posted a smilie.

You also claimed I made stuff up which it's fairly honest to anyone who can read didn't happen.

To top it off you then told me, with a great deal of shock btw "You are the one who actually brought up the point you were arguing". Funny that.

I'm not going to lose the plot with you. I have some perspective. That's why ultimately you look like an idiot again like when you started a thread to tell everyone how much I bothered you.

Glen
December 21st, 2008, 12:15 PM
Just downloaded the Louis collection. Particularly loved re-watching the Wrestling and the Nazis.

Darkoke
April 20th, 2009, 9:27 AM
What did we make of the paedoes?

I liked the unintentional comedy of the guy making lemonade admitting his crime was date rape then offering Louis a drink.

Marlon Dingle
April 20th, 2009, 9:40 AM
I fucking missed it. Is it on iPlayer? Anyone?

Torn
April 20th, 2009, 9:41 AM
It's on iplayer.

Didn't think it was that good to be honest :\

Marlon Dingle
April 20th, 2009, 9:59 AM
To be fair he's knocked a few of these documentaries out in the last year or so, so you cant be surprised if one of them doesn't hit the mark. No doubt it was interesting though?

Red Dog
April 20th, 2009, 10:04 AM
I fucking missed it. Is it on iPlayer? Anyone?
You were on it.

Jay
April 20th, 2009, 10:04 AM
It was fairly interesting to see how the place was run, and a few of the people he spoke to were interesting, to say the least, but not a whole lot happened. I felt the documentary only skimmed the surface of it all and Louis could have gone in a bit deeper and asked better questions of people.

I mean, for example, Louis repeatedly alluded to the fact that the facility was basically there to keep those people away from society, yet Louis didn't try talking to any of the big bosses to try and get deeper into that issue. All he did, really, was talk to a load of paedo's and got them to admit what they'd done on camera.

Hobbit
April 20th, 2009, 10:32 AM
The guy that had done 50 kids :eek::lol:

Proper weird little place though wasn't it, the chap in the wheelchair whose job it was to measure the cocks of paedophiles must be depressed. Giving them images of kids in suggestive poses to see if they're turned on by it is just so...wtf. And the guy making a ferris wheel, fucking hell.

Which one was TMJ?

turdpower
March 7th, 2010, 6:36 AM
I'm a late comer to the man, but just got into him thanks to DAVE and REALLY.

Him getting a tummy-tuck :lol: Fucking hell.

McBain
March 7th, 2010, 6:38 AM
Everyone loves Louis

turdpower
March 7th, 2010, 6:46 AM
The gambling one in Vegas was brilliant.

Fanny
March 7th, 2010, 7:03 AM
so was the prostitute one. America's Most Hated Family will make you want to batter young children.

Beefy
March 7th, 2010, 9:03 AM
Yeah I watched the Vegas one last night. It's got me worried that I'm going to come back bankrupt in May.

turdpower
March 7th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Fair play, the guy who lost 25k seems to be a decent guy, if a bit idiotic.

BBF
March 7th, 2010, 10:07 AM
Watched it this morning. Louis is the man.

The bloke that lost 25k looked like he was going to murder his mate.

turdpower
March 7th, 2010, 10:14 AM
The WCW one is pretty interesting. But that guy who trains wrestlers is a cunt and when Louis interviews Goldberg, he randomly spits on the floor. Who spits indoors ffs?

BBF
March 7th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Have you seen the Jimmy Saville one? It is properly disturbing.

jesus sucks
March 7th, 2010, 10:16 AM
he's the best presenter on telly imo. has been for years. that one in San Quentin, as well as that one in Philadelphia a few years ago with the Drug Lord were fucking brilliant.

turdpower
March 7th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Have you seen the Jimmy Saville one? It is properly disturbing.

Not yet, there's a few more on this week that I've got my Sky+ to record. What's the theme of that one?

BBF
March 7th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Its just Louis following Saville around for a few days. It highlights what a mental Saville is.

His attachment to his dead mother is very disturbing.

Are they on BBC2 aswell?

Just Joe
March 7th, 2010, 10:20 AM
The Neil and Christine Hamilton one is pretty good as well.

turdpower
March 7th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Its just Louis following Saville around for a few days. It highlights what a mental Saville is.

His attachment to his dead mother is very disturbing.

Are they on BBC2 aswell?

All on Dave.

2pm and 6pm, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.

The plastic surgery one is on 11:35 on Wednesday.

BBF
March 7th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Brilliant cheers. All set up on sky plus :yes:

turdpower
March 11th, 2010, 8:33 AM
Just watched the infomercial one followed by the black nationalist.

Couldn't be two different programmes. The second one was fucking scary.

McBain
March 11th, 2010, 8:42 AM
That Khalid Mohammed guy died pretty soon after apparently. He seemed pretty cool, if also a bit of a psychopath.

turdpower
March 11th, 2010, 8:45 AM
Was he the one that wanted more race wars to cancel out the previous race wars?

McBain
March 11th, 2010, 8:47 AM
Leader of the Black Panthers, yeah.

"The white man is absolutely disagreeable to get along with."

When I say cool, I don't mean that he was right, I just mean from a "cult of personality" standpoint, he had the it factor.

turdpower
March 11th, 2010, 8:48 AM
I found it odd that half these people even wanted to speak to Louis.

I also learned that Shakespere was black.

McBain
March 11th, 2010, 8:49 AM
Those guys in costume were batshit loopy.

turdpower
March 11th, 2010, 8:52 AM
Aye, and I don't know when these things are from (late 90's I assume) but Louis spies a painting of a black Jesus on a horse trampling on the pope.

"That'll happen by 2000".

He really should have said some mental year in the future.

McBain
March 11th, 2010, 8:53 AM
Like the year 3000.

Not much will change, but they'll live under water.

Guy
March 11th, 2010, 8:54 AM
Hoverboard in 5 years lads. Can't wait

turdpower
March 11th, 2010, 8:54 AM
Be hard to trample a pope under water.

BBF
March 11th, 2010, 4:37 PM
Henry VIII? Black
Beethoven? Black
Shakespeare? Undoubtably black
Abraham Lincoln? Debatable.

You know who is black though? Tom Jones :lol:

McBain
March 11th, 2010, 4:44 PM
That Tom Jones one really caught me by surprise, cause I was expecting Jacko.

BBF
March 11th, 2010, 4:46 PM
Same. Craziness. I'm watching it now. Al Sharpton is mental.

I'm downloading a few others of his at the moment. I didn't realise there were quite so many.

turdpower
March 11th, 2010, 6:58 PM
Yeah, I might download them. Dave don't seem to be showing them in order (why would they?) and I can't see them showing the porn one.

BBF
March 11th, 2010, 7:28 PM
I've found a list of all of them with rapidshare if thats helpful to you?

turdpower
March 11th, 2010, 7:36 PM
Sure mate, him me a pm :yes:

Simmo Fortyone
March 11th, 2010, 9:12 PM
Seen a fair few of his shows over here on late nights. He's the most non-threatening, non-confrontational bloke on television, but it's that demeanor that gets the subjects to be honest. Other journos would probably just shout at them.

turdpower
March 17th, 2010, 4:32 PM
Watching the demo derby one. Hahaha, he can be so pathetic.

BBF
March 17th, 2010, 4:36 PM
The Wrestling one was on last night.

turdpower
March 17th, 2010, 4:38 PM
Seen that one a couple of times. Did you notice Goldberg spitting on the floor for no reason?

BBF
March 17th, 2010, 5:27 PM
Yeah, very odd.

Fucking gruelling too. Not surprised he blew chunks.

turdpower
March 18th, 2010, 1:27 AM
Shame they never discussed the aspects that would be interesting. The fakery and the fact they used steroids.

McBain
March 18th, 2010, 5:51 AM
I think it was back when they were a lot more sensitive about such issues and they weren't as likely to discuss in interviews as they are now post-The Wrestler and Chris Benoit dying. Which has meant things have increasingly been brought into the open.

If I remember right whatever efforts he made to go down the "it is fake, right?" route they gave him shit for it. And took offence.

Winkle van Tinkle
March 18th, 2010, 9:37 AM
I'd have liked to have heard more from Raven, and not those two indy twerps.

The sarge was a bellend. He wasn't questioning the athleticism of the guys, just the predetermined aspect.

McBain
March 18th, 2010, 9:42 AM
:yes:

turdpower
March 18th, 2010, 11:17 AM
He should go back and do a WWF one.

McBain
March 18th, 2010, 11:18 AM
He'd probably get on well with the Pandas.

The Rosk
March 18th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Whoa what insight. The sarge was a bellend. Whoooooaaaa.

He did similar shit to Batista apparently. Shame the guy is dead now. Poo small fucker :nono:

turdpower
March 18th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Doubt it.

turdpower
March 20th, 2010, 2:13 PM
Watching him chat up women with a constellation book. :lol:

Darkoke
April 12th, 2010, 6:34 PM
New one on Sunday - America's Medicated Kids - trailer shows a six year old with OCD on anti-depressants.

turdpower
April 13th, 2010, 12:05 AM
They should make a "When Louis met Alan Partridge".

I sent him this on twitter and got no response :(

RFF Champ
April 15th, 2010, 2:34 PM
Theroux is on the One Show tomorrow presumably advertising the show on Sunday.

Darkoke
April 15th, 2010, 6:45 PM
Don't think I've ever seen him get interviewed.

turdpower
April 16th, 2010, 12:12 AM
He was on Jonathan Ross about 5 years ago.

BBF
April 19th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Anyone watch last night? Thought it was quite good.

The little 6 year old with 'OCD' just seemed like a normal kid that needed to have a bit of attention. When he lost to Louis at marbles you could blatently tell he was playing to the cameras and showing off.

That Hugh kid though has the makings of a serial killer.

Brennino
April 19th, 2010, 11:05 AM
I found it amazing that Louis seemed to get more positive interaction with the kids in a matter of days than years of popping pills by employing some simple parental techniques.

I actually felt a little for that Hugh kid because he seemed to be somewhat of a product of the environment around him.

BBF
April 19th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Yeah, half of the problems were the parents. Much too easy to pump your kids full of drugs than to work a bit and show your child the attention he needs.

Brennino
April 19th, 2010, 11:12 AM
That Hugh kid's family... they even had the fucking dog on anti-anxiety pills.

BBF
April 19th, 2010, 11:13 AM
AHahah yeah that was brilliant.

The dog was probably just getting on a bit and pissing itself. What the fuck has a dog got to be anxious about!?

Brennino
April 19th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Exactly. Louis asks why the dog was put on pills and she came off with some bullshit about it always being hyper and having a weak bladder... that sounds like just an aging dog as you say.

The 11 year old girl was full of bullshit, also. As for her older brother who had developed chronic "voice ticks" he seemed perfectly fine upon being interviewed, I did not see him clear his throat once. I was thinking to myself if the mother has actually tried some sort of placebo, pills with nothing in them as I got the distinct impression she has simply got in to the routine of taking a set amount of pills during the course of the day, maybe influenced by the attention she seen her older brother getting during his ADHD days.

Keano's Magic Hat
April 19th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Exactly. Louis asks why the dog was put on pills and she came off with some bullshit about it always being hyper and having a weak bladder... that sounds like just an aging dog as you say.

The 11 year old girl was full of bullshit, also. As for her older brother who had developed chronic "voice ticks" he seemed perfectly fine upon being interviewed, I did not see him clear his throat once. I was thinking to myself if the mother has actually tried some sort of placebo, pills with nothing in them as I got the distinct impression she has simply got in to the routine of taking a set amount of pills during the course of the day, maybe influenced by the attention she seen her older brother getting during his ADHD days.

His mother said the vocal ticks stopped when he quit the meds.

El Capitano Gatisto
April 19th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Fucking psychologists.

turdpower
April 19th, 2010, 5:56 PM
Would have been interesting to find out what kind of unnecessary profits the drug companies make.

El Capitano Gatisto
April 19th, 2010, 6:11 PM
Uncountable billions.

Hobbit
April 19th, 2010, 6:14 PM
Missed this because I'm an enormous cunt.

Was it better than the awesome meth episode?

Slare
April 19th, 2010, 7:30 PM
Nah.

It was good, but not a patch on earlier stuff. Hugh made it, the fucking nutter.

Brennino
April 20th, 2010, 3:47 AM
His mother said the vocal ticks stopped when he quit the meds.

Fair enough, so did his ADHD ironically.

turdpower
October 21st, 2010, 7:21 AM
Anyone catch his new one the other day? Very enjoyable.

BBF
October 21st, 2010, 7:24 AM
The Nigeria one? Thought it was alright, no means his 'best' though.

Hlebsfall
October 21st, 2010, 8:17 AM
Anyone seen the one where he acts like a naive white guy in an awkward social situation. It was brilliant.

turdpower
October 21st, 2010, 8:47 AM
See, Hlebs knows.

turdpower
January 30th, 2011, 8:44 PM
New one on Thursday LADS.

Excel
January 31st, 2011, 7:01 PM
about?

turdpower
February 1st, 2011, 5:47 AM
See Hlebs last post.

Marlon Dingle
April 3rd, 2011, 4:35 PM
These guys are very clever at working out the best and easiest way to make people angry. And Louis is a legend as always.

BBF
April 3rd, 2011, 4:36 PM
Whilst their views are backwards and ridiculous they are amazingly intelligent and manipulative.

Love Louis.

Marlon Dingle
April 3rd, 2011, 4:42 PM
Surely brainwashing can be classed as some form of Child Abuse?

Excel
April 3rd, 2011, 4:46 PM
This on now? what channel?

BBF
April 3rd, 2011, 4:48 PM
BBC2. You've missed 50 minutes of it....

Excel
April 3rd, 2011, 4:57 PM
iplayer later then

Marlon Dingle
April 3rd, 2011, 4:57 PM
That dutch filmaker definitely stuck his cock in that girl.

Simon
April 3rd, 2011, 5:08 PM
Incredible stuff. They seem to occupy some weird middle ground between vindictive and manipulative intelligence, and outright insanity. Any time Theroux stumps them they fall back onto stock lines from the Bible.

What's sad is that most of them (mainly the youngsters) seem like decent people, just with a completely skewed view of what makes a person evil. The kid spouting such utter hate about fags, then getting embarrassed at accidentally offending Louis by telling him to shut up was heartbreaking...a good kid who has just been completely taken over and adulterated. Horrible.

The_Mike
April 3rd, 2011, 6:00 PM
Surely brainwashing can be classed as some form of Child Abuse?

I firmly believe it should be.

Incredible stuff. They seem to occupy some weird middle ground between vindictive and manipulative intelligence, and outright insanity. Any time Theroux stumps them they fall back onto stock lines from the Bible.

What's sad is that most of them (mainly the youngsters) seem like decent people, just with a completely skewed view of what makes a person evil. The kid spouting such utter hate about fags, then getting embarrassed at accidentally offending Louis by telling him to shut up was heartbreaking...a good kid who has just been completely taken over and adulterated. Horrible.

It was really sad to see him breathlessly parrot that whole spiel as if it had been preprogrammed into him. In fact, I'm certain it had been. I find it hard to believe that he was sincere about a word of it, or even understood most of it. Theroux's response was fantastic, since it immediately broke the train of thought and forced the boy to basically break character, and we found he was actually a bit embarrassed about being impolite.

The guy whose daughter left may well be a sociopath, he just seemed so indifferent to losing a member of his family as though he accepted it as a price to pay to maintain his position of power. I think her analysis of him was spot on - he's found his niche and he's comfortable there, so fuck everyone else. I get that impression with a lot of the Phelps adults. They seem to be professional trolls.

Gangers
April 3rd, 2011, 7:53 PM
The weirdest bit was the clearly gay Asian guy who turns up at their church! That guy has some serious issues.

These guys are scary. As has been said, they seem bright. That's what is so terrifying. But there is hope, people have got out.

The_Mike
April 4th, 2011, 8:02 AM
People have got out, to the point the family has started reigning in their control of the younger people even more. At one point they said they accepted they will likely never meet anyone, get married and have children. Hopefully this means the church will eventually go extinct, though not if gay people warped by their own churches keep turning up looking to join in order to fix themselves. The WBC might be accepted as crazy extremists by pretty much everyone, but their message is no different from the mainstream of the Abrahamic faiths.

McBain
April 4th, 2011, 3:32 PM

Exactly.

It really is heartbreaking.

I love Louis.

turdpower
October 30th, 2011, 6:39 PM
When the monkey broke the window. Fuck me, :lol:

turdpower
June 10th, 2012, 11:45 AM
New one on tonight lads, I think he's revisiting some people from when he did the last porn one.

Fanny
June 10th, 2012, 12:27 PM
yeah he has an article up on the BBC website about porn in decline, with a focus on Tommy Gunn. I love Theroux, such a fantastic documentarian.

McBain
June 10th, 2012, 9:18 PM
Was it any good? Really hope he doesn't leave it too long til the next one - there's so many good topics still to be explored.

virms
June 10th, 2012, 9:19 PM
Torn was telling me it was great. Need to check it out.

Slare
June 11th, 2012, 7:09 AM
It was good aye. Nothing mindblowing, but that Rob Black fella is fucking mental.

eldanielfire
June 12th, 2012, 5:55 PM
It was quite good, I think a fair bit more depressing then his prior one as I recall. The women who hires porn stars and said she wouldn't like her daughter to do it because it fucks you up was fairly insightful and prehaps a bit hypocritical. Louis Theroux recently wrote quite a critical article on the industry.

turdpower
June 12th, 2012, 7:10 PM
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9808/glitteryourway45cdbe50.gif

Fanny
June 12th, 2012, 7:37 PM
very good, as usual. I always find myself wanting another hour from Louis' documentaries. I wish he'd make a movie.

turdpower
June 13th, 2012, 1:15 PM
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/862/glitteryourway15b7e2d3.gif

The_Mike
June 13th, 2012, 2:40 PM
It was quite good, I think a fair bit more depressing then his prior one as I recall. The women who hires porn stars and said she wouldn't like her daughter to do it because it fucks you up was fairly insightful and prehaps a bit hypocritical. Louis Theroux recently wrote quite a critical article on the industry.

That woman in the office was rather baffling. I almost got the impression she was just playing it up for the camera. Moaning about 'whores' while working in the office of a porn studio, really?

SLARE's right about Rob Black. Was he on coke or something? No wonder ROH ran like hell from him.

The Rogerer
June 13th, 2012, 2:58 PM
I worked in the civil service and plenty of the staff I was with didn't just dislike their 'customers', but actively disagreed with the funding that it was their job to administer.

Seanny One Ball
June 14th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Rob Black just seems like a fucking moron.

He also seems to have aged 30 years in the space of 15.

turdpower
March 23rd, 2014, 2:07 PM
He's got a new set of 3 out.

First one is about people who are obsessed with dogs in LA...

Beefy
March 23rd, 2014, 5:44 PM
Bollocks, I forgot about this. Is it BBC?

turdpower
March 23rd, 2014, 5:48 PM
Yup.

Beefy
March 23rd, 2014, 5:49 PM
God bless the iPlayer.

McBain
March 24th, 2014, 3:34 AM
Looking forward to watching this. Love Louis.

turdpower
March 24th, 2014, 12:46 PM
It was actually much better than I thought it was going to be.

McBain
March 24th, 2014, 9:13 PM
Was it a bit like the movie Best in Show?

Ringo
March 25th, 2014, 6:48 AM
Not the greatest subject matter but it's Louis so of course it was good.

Seanny One Ball
March 25th, 2014, 8:39 AM
I enjoyed it a fair bit. The white guy and the Hispanic lassie were dicks but I did enjoy the guy that sat on a dog and made it better. That was good times.

turdpower
March 20th, 2015, 6:01 AM
New one this Sunday.

MikeHunt
March 20th, 2015, 6:09 AM
Love Louis did anyone see the Giles Coren show on the other night about dieting?

The Rogerer
March 20th, 2015, 6:19 AM
Yes, I just enjoyed the weird lamb strangler and the freaky guy with the bulletproof vest

MikeHunt
March 20th, 2015, 6:41 AM
Yes, I just enjoyed the weird lamb strangler and the freaky guy with the bulletproof vest

They were all so so odd. I can't possibly imagine being that committed to a way of life ever. Absolutely mental. Eating an imaginary berry for breakfast. Fucking bonkers.

The Rogerer
March 20th, 2015, 6:54 AM
I just don't understand the constant magical thinking. WOW I feel really better except I look frail as all absolute fuck and I want to live to see another 40 years in an empty box of a room pretending to eat food. Also I may well be fucking up my organs but who knows I feel fantastic. New religions.

JP
March 20th, 2015, 8:50 AM
There's a piece on the bbc website by Theroux about the new episodes, looks very interesting.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-31962182

McBain
March 20th, 2015, 9:39 PM
:yes:

Marlon Dingle
August 23rd, 2016, 8:58 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXyS-74sRTE

2.5 hour Interview with Louis

Seanny One Ball
August 23rd, 2016, 10:03 AM
I saw that on my FB feed. What's the topic?

Marlon Dingle
August 23rd, 2016, 10:30 AM
I saw that on my FB feed. What's the topic?

I'm about an hour in and they've mainly discussed Scientology.

Seanny One Ball
August 23rd, 2016, 2:27 PM
Oh, I'll probably catch up with that on a walk or something when I can just pop the headphones in and not worry about paying too much attention.

turdpower
October 26th, 2017, 7:59 PM
Nobody watched any of the last 3?

Bloody great stuff.

wardy
October 26th, 2017, 8:02 PM
I liked it better when he took the piss out of folk.

Peter Griffin
October 26th, 2017, 8:10 PM
I seem to remember him doing one where he went to the WCW power plant and offended the head trainer (Buddy Parker) :lol:

turdpower
October 26th, 2017, 8:12 PM
I mean, by it's very nature that was at least 16 years old.

Peter Griffin
October 26th, 2017, 8:13 PM

Fair to say Torn nailed this one.

Peter Griffin
October 26th, 2017, 8:16 PM
I mean, by it's very nature that was at least 16 years old.

Maybe older, It just always stuck with me as wrestling fan, he basically asked if wrestling was fake and the guy got pissed and made him train till he puked... I really hope it was a Louis doc now and I'm not misremembering shit.

As for recent, I did watch the Milwaukee one last week, Yet to watch the other two though.

wardy
October 26th, 2017, 8:28 PM
The wrestling one was one of the Weird Weekends from 1999.