PDA

View Full Version : Sons Of Anarchy

Pages : [1] 2

RockOverBoston
September 2nd, 2008, 1:06 PM
This seems quite promising, and FX usually delivers.

From wikipedia (the synopsis is supposedly as accurate as is available without running any risk of spoilers)...

"The members of the Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club, Original Redwood Charter (SAMCRO or SOA for short), led by Clay Morrow, control Charming through close community relationships, bribery and violent intimidation. Club members have "day jobs" in local industries, but they primarily make money by importing illegal weapons and selling them to African-American drug gangs in the East Bay (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Bay_(San_Francisco_Bay_Area)). However, they keep meth (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methamphetamine) traffickers out of Charming, which puts them at odds with the meth-distributing white supremacist "Nords" gang, headed by Ernest Darby. The SOA also have to deal with a rival Oakland (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oakland,_California)-based MC, the "Mayans," led by Marcus Alvarez.

Like Disney (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney)'s The Lion King (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lion_King), the family drama is loosely based on Shakespeare (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Shakespeare)'s Hamlet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamlet). Clay has the King Claudius (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Claudius) role, Gemma stands as a Gertrude (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gertrude_(Hamlet)) figure, and Jax is a new Prince Hamlet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Hamlet)."

The main cast members are Charliue Hunnam, Ron Perlman, Katey Segal and Drea de Matteo. Among the supporting cast members are Jay Karnes, best known as "Dutch" from The Shield.

The previews are all really good, for whatever that's worth. All pre-reviews that I've read bottom out at "good show", and the performance of Perlman in particular is singled out frequently.

Let's all give it a go and see what we think. Premieres tomorrow at 10 EDT on FX.

Matty C
September 2nd, 2008, 1:31 PM
Canadians don't get FX :(

Big
September 2nd, 2008, 9:29 PM
Looks to be a winner, at least I hope so.

:yes:

Mills
September 3rd, 2008, 1:53 AM
So they based a show on the Disciples of Apocalypse?

RockOverBoston
September 3rd, 2008, 10:47 AM
Yes, Mills, they based a television show on a wrestling stable which was a piss-poor depiction of a real life biker gang. This doesn't appear to be steeped in any sort of reality whatsoever, and FX intends to follow it up with a groundbreaking series called "Los Boriquas".

Mills
September 3rd, 2008, 12:05 PM
Well, I figured that after UPN was taken over by the Nation of Domination and they only mostly showed "comedies" centered around african americans, they learned their lesson.

However, I am Tivoing this show. I'm a fan of FX shows, so this show will at least get a month on my Tivo.

Sheik Mohammed al-Dub
September 4th, 2008, 12:37 AM
Eh, not really. I think the shows on FX are overrated. I wanted to love The Riches because of Eddie Izzard, but it turns out he's awful and the show stinks, and all it had going for it was Minnie Driver's absurdly great performance and that cute daughter.

This show has the same problems as all the other FX dramas, with the idiot camera assignments where they put shit in the scene IN FRONT OF the characters you're trying to watch, the unsavory characters in which you're supposed to find a hero and overwrought story lines.

Miotch
September 4th, 2008, 1:42 PM
The male lead is absolutely awful. I wanted to see him get shot in his face. Badly.

Brian M.
September 4th, 2008, 8:19 PM
Yeah, I'm hoping he grows into the character as there is some potential there, but they probably should have cast someone else in that role.

I thought Pearlman and Katey Segal were really good, though. It just really sucks when the main character drags the entire show down. It's one of the reasons Entourage is a show I only kind of like rather than one of my favorites.

I'm going to give the show a chance, because the pilot was semi-entertaining, but it certainly didn't grab me in like Rescue Me or The Shield did upon first viewing.

RockOverBoston
September 4th, 2008, 8:46 PM
Seems we're all in agreement, then -- someone else very definitly should have been cast in that lead role, as it appears to be a good role, I just don't know if this guy's up for it.

Liked Pearlman quite a lot, though, I thought Segal's performance got progressively better through the show (and her power-play against de Matteo at the end was pretty revealing about what's to come from her character) and the premise still seems promising.

It's definitly better than "Dirt", anyway. Doesn't yet measure up to any of the other series, but it showed me enough where I'm willing to see how it unfolds -- the payoff could very well be worth it, and I really can't see this whole premise producing a bad series.

I think the shows on FX are overrated.

The cinematogrophy on "The Shield" is nerve-rattling more often than it's not, but the writing and the performances more than make that tolerable. "Damages" is one of the best TV shows to come down the pike in quite some time now. I like "Rescue Me" well enough, but not as much as the other 2 shows nor as much as many others do. Pretty much right there with you on "The Riches".

I know Drea de Matteo recently had a kid in real life and all, but she needs to hurry up and get back to being a hot piece of ass again. That'll help with the overall enjoyment of this program a lot.

Big
September 4th, 2008, 10:34 PM
I enjoyed it, I think it'll take a few episodes before the audience warms up to the lead, but I agree with the consensus on Peg Bundy and Hellboy, but did Adriana get wacked again or what.

And that cop from Gotham joined the bike gang.

RockOverBoston
September 4th, 2008, 11:28 PM
but did Adriana get wacked again or what.

No. She overdosed, in a hospital, which'll cause her problems with the law and ensure that she doesn't get custody of the child.

Big
September 4th, 2008, 11:40 PM
Ah, I wasn't sure if they were going to do a one and done with her or what.
Is Jay Karnes going to do a spinoff of Dutch on this as a side character? Or did I miss him yesterday??
It'd be interesting, since they named the One-Niners already.

RockOverBoston
September 4th, 2008, 11:43 PM
He wasn't in the first episode, but was featured pretty prominently in the season preview.

He's a cop again, but this time doesn't appear to be a dork, and he's not reprising the Dutch role; it's a new character.

Morrison
September 8th, 2008, 7:43 PM
The lead is way to 'pretty' to be the second in command of a biker gang. At least that's what struck me throughout the episode, especially with the whole 'ride up past a bunch of high school girls who eye fuck the shit out of him as he passes' scene. Overall, though. I dug the first episode. I'll probably follow this OnDemand as time allows, unless I'm bored and actually remember to watch the first airing on Wednesday nights.

Wedge
September 10th, 2008, 8:39 PM
I didn't think he was that bad, but he does suffer from trying to hide his British accent, so I think thats why a lot of his deliveries came off that way...He's doing the same technique that Hugh Laurie does to cover his accent on House, but he's simply not as good as Laurie.

They should have roughed him up a bit more, maybe given him a scar or something, but whatever, he's playing the "Hamlet" role anyway. Let him be something of a "pretty boy." Plus, I get the feeling he's VP of SAMCRO because his dad formed them up.

Perlman and Sagal were fantastic, though. And I barely recognized de Matteo. Has she put on a little weight or something?

Also, does anyone think that Clay totally killed Jax's father? I mean, this is a take on Hamlet after all.

Big
September 17th, 2008, 10:41 PM
Yeah, I think that Clay had something to do with Jax's father dying.
And Drea DeMatteo definitely gained some weight.

So far, so good.
Really enjoying tonights episode so far. :yes:

Mills
September 22nd, 2008, 5:49 AM
I watched the first three episodes recently, having finally caught up with TV this week. In all honesty, I agree with everything that you guys have said. Main guy is annoying but the established stars are awesome.

Big
October 1st, 2008, 10:57 PM
Any thoughts on tonights episode?

It's frighteningly easy how it jumps from laugh out loud to cringe worthy....
And Jax doesn't seem so annoying anymore, I dunno.

Big
October 22nd, 2008, 11:05 PM
Anyone else watching this show or am I the only one left?
You can watch the shows on fx.com if you guys missed any.....

I thought it was a bit much tonight when Jax and the girl have sex right next to her ex's body

LOCONUT
November 7th, 2008, 1:59 PM
I had most of the series banked on my DVR, and finally got caught up last night. This show is certainly above average, and the corny, cliche aspects don't bother me because the show is written and acted pretty damn well.

Jay Karnes is fucking awesome and it seems pretty clear he will get his own FX show once The Shield is over.

hithit
November 7th, 2008, 4:06 PM
I've been watching it every week.
I love it, plain and simple.

LOCONUT
November 11th, 2008, 7:17 PM
Anarchist bikers > regular bikers

Wedge
November 13th, 2008, 10:40 AM
So, with last nights episode, who is the rat in SAMCRO? It's obviously not Opie, but Stahl knew Jax was at the Hefner hit, something their eyewitness couldn't possibly know. Plus, in the preview, she says something like "he (Opie) isn't the snitch, we gotta keep that guy alive."

Opie is obviously out, as is Bobby and Jax. I doubt Halfsack was privy to the hit details as a prospect, but he was conspicuously absent from the episode (if mentioned).

There's a slight chance that it's Piney...but that better be a damn good explanation, considering ratting would screw his son.

So that leaves Clay, Tig, Chibs, and Juice.

Considering the way they've painted Clay, I could see the writers also making him the ultimate snitch, a la Costello in the Departed. He's also a bit too eager to believe that the bugs mean Opie is turning, even though if ATF went through the song and dance by holding Opie and trying to pressure him and Donna, they'd think at nothing to plant a few bugs.

Tig's also a real possibility, as he's also really eager to jump on the Opie is the rat bandwagon He was ready to kill him from the moment Opie didn't show at the meeting, though. My only question is he's the rat, why did the writers show him finding and destroying the bugs (well, it showed him destroying the cell phone bug, he just held the truck bug). Though the fact that he and Clay are the only ones that "know" about Opie and that he's the one that gets the assignment to kill Opie seems to be almost writers convenience.

That leaves Chibs and Juice. Doubt it's Juice. He's mainly around for comic relief and barely even has lines lately. Also doubt it's Chibs, mainly because as I think back, he's hardly had any character at all.

So, I'm leaning towards Clay or Tig, probably more towards Tig.

Wedge
November 13th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Now that I've done a little looking, it seems like there was a "body" in the preview as well. It's edited to make it seem like it was Opie, but hawk eyed people with DVR's think it might be Chibs (facial hair but not really thick, no beanie, etc)...so maybe they decided to go the "guy who barely even talks turns out to be the rat" route...or maybe he just gets killed to set up the season finale...

LOCONUT
November 13th, 2008, 12:32 PM
I am thinking it's Tig. I also fear that they are still going to kill Opie.

Good stuff :yes:

Wedge
November 13th, 2008, 3:38 PM
I hope they don't kill Op. He seems to be the natural character that would side with Jax when SAMCRO inevitably tears itself apart.

LOCONUT
November 13th, 2008, 4:05 PM
Opie is the best character on the show.

I hated Jax when the show started, and now both he and Clay are putting out solid performances almost every week. And Katey Segal is fucking brilliant.

Big
November 13th, 2008, 7:34 PM
I was thinking that Opie dies next week just because they seemed to invest so much in his character recently. I hope they don't because I like him, but I'm a bit nervous about it.

I'm excited for next week's episode.

hithit
November 13th, 2008, 8:10 PM
Having Opie die/be killed would suck mass amount of balls.
Opie has been pretty damn good so far, hoping he don't die.

I haven't had a problem with Jax at all, thought he was decent right from the get go.
Peg Bundy is fucking sexy, and she has been nothing short of fucking amazing so far.

Wedge
November 15th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Does anybody think that Gemma (it's a little weird that you guys keep calling her Peg Bundy...that was over a decade ago. Might as well call Perlman Beast) really trusts Wendy again, or is she looking at her more as a "lesser of two evils" pawn to get the doc out of Jax's life?

LOCONUT
November 15th, 2008, 1:09 PM
Either that, or Jax or Clay is the rat, and she wants to know her grandson is safe.

hithit
November 15th, 2008, 2:08 PM
Does anybody think that Gemma (it's a little weird that you guys keep calling her Peg Bundy...that was over a decade ago. Might as well call Perlman Beast) really trusts Wendy again, or is she looking at her more as a "lesser of two evils" pawn to get the doc out of Jax's life?

I'm thinking it's exactly what you said, she just seems to be the "lesser of two evils" and is willing to forgive and forget because of that.

hithit
November 19th, 2008, 11:53 PM
Damn, pretty shitty twist to tonights show.
And apparently only a few of us are actually watching this show huh?

Wedge
November 19th, 2008, 11:55 PM
Yeah, really shitty twist, but think about what it means overall...

hithit
November 20th, 2008, 12:03 AM
True.
So overall, what do you think of the show Wedge?

I personally love it, sucks that next week is the end of the season already.

Wedge
November 20th, 2008, 12:09 AM
I really like it. There's some contrived parts, and some uneven performances here and there, but overall, it became instant season programming for my DVR.

Miotch
November 24th, 2008, 8:56 PM
It's been a while since I've found myself watching a show, knowing what's going to happen, shaking my head at the screen really wanting something else to go down. That was last week's show for me. Superb. I still hate Jacks though.

hithit
November 26th, 2008, 11:10 PM
I hope everyone is watching tonight.
Hour and a half season finale, it should be the tits!

Wedge
November 27th, 2008, 12:14 AM
It's not even over yet, and I'm saying "holy shit."

There's been a few good moments, but Piney having a copy of John Teller's book is simply awesome.

Wedge
November 27th, 2008, 12:27 AM
"Time for a change."

"...yeah."

And that shot of Jax at his father's grave, pulling back on the rows of veteran headstones was gorgeous.

hithit
November 27th, 2008, 12:31 AM
Thought it was a damn good finale.
Can't wait until the new season starts.

Wedge
November 27th, 2008, 12:57 AM
It's gonna take too long for me. Hopefully it won't be as long as it takes new USA shows to have a second season. I'm hoping for maybe the summer.

hithit
November 27th, 2008, 1:04 AM
I'm guessing it will be May, or whenever sweeps week is.
Wait, does that even affect FX?

Big
November 29th, 2008, 3:41 PM
Terrific season finale.
Really enjoyed this show. :yes:

LOCONUT
November 29th, 2008, 4:00 PM
Yeah, awesome show, awesome final episode. There really is so much left to do with these characters with the way they have built up this show.

With the way the new commercials for Damages look, the show is going more in the direction of DIRT, rather than picking up the awesomeness where it left off. I'll wait until the premier next month to pass judgement, but for now, SOA is the show that will carry FX in the near future as far as I am concerned...

Big
September 9th, 2009, 7:37 AM
It's back folks.

LOCONUT
September 9th, 2009, 5:43 PM
Great first ep. :yes: The constant musical montages and corny "club" elements are more than made up for by quality story lines and mostly solid acting.

Great show.

Bluemoon
September 9th, 2009, 6:42 PM
Season 1 has not long finished in the UK, great show I loved it. Every character was superb and easy to like.

Funboy
September 9th, 2009, 8:53 PM
Fuck, that was dark! I really enjoyed season one, and was happy to see this back, but that last scene was really nasty - they are going to fuck shit up when they find out; theres already a huge seasons worth of story - great opener...just a shame Ive to wait a week, last season I was late watching it, so saw it all in quick succession..

LOCONUT
September 9th, 2009, 11:30 PM
I boned your mom 3 times in quick succession.

LOCONUT
October 21st, 2009, 1:10 AM
Not sure if any of you watch this show, but it really is legit. This season has developed quite well. I love it long time.

LOCONUT
October 21st, 2009, 1:19 AM
Too bad no one even posts on Rajahs anymore outside of the W forums, let alone would watch this show or look in this thread.

Maybe the Undertaker should be the special guest one season using his American Badass gimmick on the motorcycle or whatever. Then maybe some of you dorks would watch. :mad:

Deka
October 21st, 2009, 1:23 AM
I brought popcorn!! :)

Gary J
October 22nd, 2009, 10:26 AM
Didn't even realise it was back on. Just downloaded the first episode and have to say it was a great opener. Downloading the rest now.

Chris Scott
October 24th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Downloaded whats been on season 2 so far, watched first episode. Wow great opener.

Billmatic
October 24th, 2009, 12:58 PM
I was skeptical at first. The idea of "THE SHIELD ON HARLEYS" didnt really appeal to me (given that I find bikers to generally be the most irritating and ridiculous group of people ever) but I watched the first season a couple of weeks ago and it's fucking awesome. I haven't been able to catch up on Season 2 yet, but I hear its all kinds of great.

FX has the best original programming on basic by far.

Edit: Sons of Anarchy beat Leno in the 18-45 demo this week, (I believe) becoming the first cable series to beat him. Pretty impressive.

Bluemoon
October 24th, 2009, 3:15 PM
Second season so far is just as good if not better than 1, you will enjoy it.

Gary J
October 24th, 2009, 4:14 PM
Loving the second season so far.

LOCONUT
October 24th, 2009, 4:24 PM
Best show on television right now.

Tim
October 26th, 2009, 11:15 PM
I'm so glad I didn't give up on it last year because this season is REALLY good. I was kinda into it last year, and I liked the last couple episodes but found the first 6-7 to be on the boring side.

But this year, every episode has been great from the start. Last year I would DVR the eps. and put them off as long as I could because I didn't care that much for it, but this year I'm counting the days until a new episode.

I've been trying to get my friends and family to watch it but they felt the same about the first season as I did and gave up after the first few episodes.

There's been some great storylines and character development this season. I went from hating Jax and Tara to actually enjoying their parts.

Chris Scott
November 7th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Stroylines and character development has been excellent on this show, every episode I;m loving Opie more and more. Glad he is more involved in the club this season, the actor who plays him Ryan Hurst is great in that "calm intensity", quiet tough approach. I love the dynamic set-up between Opie and Jax. Perfect compliment to each others' characters.

Just got done watching the latest episode interesting to see if Jax is going to go though with his transfer.

Also the fight scene with him and Clay was just perfect, it was nothing over the top it was just a good old school fist fight.

I want more of this show.

Big
November 7th, 2009, 10:12 AM
I want more Piney.

Bluemoon
November 7th, 2009, 11:03 AM
I want more Bobby with his face in pussie.

Chris Scott
November 8th, 2009, 1:19 PM
lol, that episode was great when Bobby got out of jail.

LOCONUT
November 20th, 2009, 2:46 PM
This gets better and better. Tuesdays episode was the best of the series...

Gary J
November 20th, 2009, 3:26 PM
Best show on television at the moment.

Big
November 24th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Agreed for me at least.
This is the only show I'm following right now.
Haven't followed a show like this since Sopranos or The Shield.

Big
November 25th, 2009, 12:05 AM
Great episode tonight :yes:

LOCONUT
November 25th, 2009, 1:43 AM
Curtis fucking Lemanski

Miotch
November 25th, 2009, 3:05 AM
LEM!

Tyson
November 25th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Curtis fucking Lemanski

No way!! I don't get FX, what happened.

Lem = :headbang:

Chris Scott
November 26th, 2009, 3:20 PM
Just watched episode 10 were Gemma tells Jax and Clay she was raped. Great episode and the last 5 minutes was just bloody lovely.

:heart: SOA

Bluemoon
November 29th, 2009, 6:42 PM
I loved that episode, funny watching Prospect and Tigg after taking those mushrooms. Next episode is explosive Chris :yes:

LOCONUT
November 29th, 2009, 8:24 PM
No way!! I don't get FX, what happened.

Lem = :headbang:

Lem seems to have joined SOA as some sort of "muscle" type who has some yet to be determined history with Tigg. He still has highlights in his gay hair which seems particularly out of place on this show. They have also saddled him with some of the fakest looking tattoos ever.

Big
December 2nd, 2009, 12:21 AM
About Lem's cameo....

KS: You know what? I actually have. I have brought back Kenny Johnson; he’s in episode twelve. And I love Kenny. I would get emails from Kenny, like, constantly saying, “Please put me on a show with balls, please put me on show with balls.” (Laughs) So he plays this little cameo in twelve, and we’ll see if we can make some kind of deal with him. But I would love to bring him back for at least a three or four episode arc in season three.

Big
December 2nd, 2009, 12:31 AM
Also, that new show Justified looks like it might be interesting.
I like that Walton Goggins is back on a show as well.

Tyson
December 2nd, 2009, 1:03 AM
I like that Walton Goggins is back on a show as well.

Agreed. Good actor.

LOCONUT
December 2nd, 2009, 1:34 AM
Solid series finale. I am liking the beefs they have built up for next year. SOA vs. Mayans and vs. IRA both should be interesting and obviously whatever concludes the Opie/Donna situation.

Miotch
December 4th, 2009, 5:09 PM
Justified does look really good. You have to love Timothy Olyphant, and fucking SHANE VENDRELL/Walton Goggins is one of the most hateable tv personalities maybe ever. Plus it's about guns and lawmen and bank robberies and missile launchers and yeah it looks really good.

Finale was good. The Gemma stuff should be interesting, and I want to see the ATF cunt raped and skinned for all the trouble she causes.

Xtreme Rebel
December 27th, 2009, 2:00 AM
Got the first season of this for Christmas. Finished it already, so awesome. Does anyone know when season 2 may be on DVD?

LOCONUT
December 27th, 2009, 3:08 AM
June or July 2010. You probably can get the repeat of Season 2 on FXHD before then if it isn't available on your local On Demand. Otherwise you can always get a torrent if you don't want to wait.

Bluemoon
December 30th, 2009, 6:55 PM
Yeah forget waiting for season 2 on dvd, download it now.

hithit
September 2nd, 2010, 3:13 AM
figured i would bump this since the new season starts tuesday.
can't wait to see what this season is gonna bring us.

Miotch
September 8th, 2010, 1:19 PM
Fucking loved last night's episode. Jax going mental.

LOCONUT
September 8th, 2010, 2:37 PM
Yeah, awesome first episode. Jax has come a long way as an actor over the course of the series. The musical montages are still laughably bad, but this is probably my favorite show right now. Shocking ending last night as well...

Chris Scott
September 8th, 2010, 4:49 PM
I hope he finds his son.

hithit
September 9th, 2010, 2:33 PM
Fucking loved last night's episode. Jax going mental.

Yeah, awesome first episode. Jax has come a long way as an actor over the course of the series. The musical montages are still laughably bad, but this is probably my favorite show right now. Shocking ending last night as well...

jax going mental was good to see, he was to, not sure what im looking for here, laid back or calm, and thats not even the right description, for what was going on.
i totally didn't see that ending coming.
the way the credits looked, this season is gonna be fantastic.

Tim
September 9th, 2010, 6:08 PM
I knew something had to happen at the end, I thought it would be them finding Abel dead.

The thing with Jax and Tara is lame, it's been done 938 times "Im bad and you're good and I'm dragging you down so we can't be together."

Marlon Dingle
September 10th, 2010, 4:02 PM
Has season 3 started in The US? I just caught up and finished Season 2. It's bloody awesome.

Tim
September 11th, 2010, 4:05 AM
Yeah it started last week.

LOCONUT
September 16th, 2010, 1:01 PM
Best show on TV.

I saw Alvarez at the movies last week. :yes:

Miotch
September 16th, 2010, 1:39 PM
Good show. Not even close to the best show on TV.

Slim Shady
September 16th, 2010, 2:17 PM
Awesome show. Probably my favorite drama on right now. I think this will be the most intense season yet.

Tim
September 19th, 2010, 2:04 AM
What's this situation with the Church against the SOA? I didn't pay much attention to what the priest said.

thetony
September 19th, 2010, 3:01 PM
Just finished up the second season.

Did Half-Sac survive? :(

Tim
September 19th, 2010, 11:44 PM
Just finished up the second season.

Did Half-Sac survive? :(

no

Bert
June 16th, 2011, 4:48 PM
I just marathoned all 3 seasons finishing the series so far within 2 days and a few hours. Fantastic show. Ron Pearlman, Katey Sagal and Charlie Hunnman are all great. I wouldn't even know Charlie was from the UK if I didn't read it online. I just finished the season 3 finale a few minutes ago and I'm craving more already. :(

lotjx
June 16th, 2011, 7:18 PM
Looking forward to some of the people announced for next season. I am curious if they will fast forward or not.

Bert
June 16th, 2011, 7:25 PM
Looking forward to some of the people announced for next season. I am curious if they will fast forward or not.

Kurt Sutter said it will start back either a few days before they get out of jail, the day they get out, or when they're already out of jail. He said they're not spending half a season in a jail because this isn't Oz.

Bert
July 1st, 2011, 6:14 PM
Sons of Anarchy Season 4 Trailer Promo

http://i.imgur.com/1PDey.jpg

And here's a picture of Opies wedding/Jax's new haircut.

I'm excited for the new season.

lotjx
July 2nd, 2011, 8:11 PM
Lets fucking do this thing! Jax's hair got cut to the bone.

Tim
July 3rd, 2011, 12:02 AM
I just finished season 3 the other day, the last 15 minutes were phenomenal.

I want to see them do flashbacks, or an episode that focuses on whatever happened between Clay, Jemma and John Teller.

Chris Scott
July 6th, 2011, 7:55 AM
Thought sky tv would have picked season 3 up on another channel, going to have to download now.

Aussie_Outlaw
July 6th, 2011, 8:18 AM
I just finished season 3 the other day, the last 15 minutes were phenomenal.

And it pulled the entire 3 seasons together, you get the feeling that the entire chapter is finished and Season 4 will kick off a new part of the show.

Oh and I love this news headline: :O

David Hasselhoff to Play Ex-Porn Star on 'Sons of Anarchy'

lotjx
July 6th, 2011, 9:08 AM
As much as I would like to see a John Teller flashback, his voice over work is tremendous. I also think how we think John's Death played out maybe a red herring. The guest star for next season is just awesome news and he will have a scene with another well known guest star who is also in porn.

Bluemoon
July 14th, 2011, 7:52 AM
Thought sky tv would have picked season 3 up on another channel, going to have to download now.

If you dont know yet or have not downloaded it, ive just got an email from sky saying season 3 starts Wednesday 20th July on 5 USA.

Chris Scott
July 14th, 2011, 6:27 PM
Nah not downloaded, cheers mate I've set it in my planner.

lotjx
July 14th, 2011, 9:23 PM
Kurt Sutter is just going off on FX about the Emmys. Enjoy season 4, because it could be our last. He is also not wrong.

Miotch
July 20th, 2011, 7:28 PM
Sept. 6th

can't wait

Chris Scott
July 26th, 2011, 7:10 AM
Watched the 1st episode of season 3 last night. What a great episode, the ending was superb. Shocking stuff.

Tim
July 26th, 2011, 9:36 AM
Watching the trailer for season 4 again it kinda looks like they might do some flashback clips which is what I was hoping for.

Marlon Dingle
July 26th, 2011, 1:56 PM
Fucking shit UK TV. Season 3 started here just last week. Think once I'm done with it I'll just watch Season 4 online.

Chris Scott
July 27th, 2011, 7:42 AM
What did you think of that episode Marlon?

Bert
September 6th, 2011, 3:06 PM
Sons of Anarchy Season 4 Extended Promo with Danny Trejo (HD) - YouTube

I want it now. NOW GODDAMNIT. :hyper:

lotjx
September 6th, 2011, 3:46 PM
I am putting it on the DVR and then watching it on Wednesday. Can't wait.

LOCONUT
September 6th, 2011, 3:49 PM
So glad this is back!

Bert
September 7th, 2011, 1:06 AM
Holy shit, that was good.

lotjx
September 7th, 2011, 5:10 PM
I think my wife put it best. "This is the best you are going to feel the entire season." God, I can't wait to see how this turns out.

Aussie_Outlaw
September 7th, 2011, 8:36 PM
That was cold. Now that the Sons all seem to be on the same page they're operating much better & stronger than ever.

LOCONUT
September 8th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Brilliant start. Felt more like a Season Finale than an opener which is a very good thing.

lotjx
September 8th, 2011, 12:07 PM
I think the massive problem with Jax's plan is underestimating Gemma. I am pretty sure that is what killed his Dad.

LOCONUT
September 8th, 2011, 5:06 PM
I think Gemma's loyalty to Jax will prove to be Clay's undoing, even if they are teasing otherwise.

Bert
October 17th, 2011, 5:44 PM
http://www.tv.com/news/sons-of-anarchy-gets-renewed-for-season-5-26949/?tag=hotspot;gumball;1

Sons of Anarchy is putting together a fine fourth season so far, and it's showing in the ratings. According to FX, numbers in the adult demo are up more than a quarter over last season's, so you know what that means: time to renew!
FX officially granted Sons of Anarchy a fifth season today. The news may not be surprising, but it's certainly good to hear. Season 5 will run for 13 episodes, and if history is any indicator, it will debut in September, 2012.

:hyper:

lotjx
October 17th, 2011, 7:53 PM
Hell yeah. I full expect Tara not to make out this season, so a season of Jax destroying shit is going to be amazing.

Chris Scott
October 22nd, 2011, 4:37 PM
Done with Season 3, I really enjoyed this season.

The last episode was excellent, really had me when I thought Jax had been a rat.

MikeHunt
October 22nd, 2011, 4:42 PM
Done with Season 3, I really enjoyed this season.

The last episode was excellent, really had me when I thought Jax had been a rat.

yup me too. fucking such a great show.

waiting slowly for season 4 to finish so i can watch it all at once and a fifth to come AMAZING!!!!!!

lotjx
October 22nd, 2011, 4:50 PM
Jesus, is that character actually dead?

Chris Scott
October 22nd, 2011, 6:18 PM
yup me too. fucking such a great show.

waiting slowly for season 4 to finish so i can watch it all at once and a fifth to come AMAZING!!!!!!

I can't wait, I've already downloaded the first 5 episodes. Going to boom them tomorrow me thinks.

Bert
October 22nd, 2011, 8:40 PM
Jesus, is that character actually dead?

First of all, even if you're being vague it's nice to use a spoiler tag. Secondly, we heard the branch snap so my money is on him being paralyzed or in a hospital at least.

Chris Scott
October 23rd, 2011, 7:00 AM
Yeah character dead? Now I'm worried.

Bluemoon
October 23rd, 2011, 4:46 PM
About time you watched season 3 Chris, hurry up with 4 so we can chat about the great show.

Chris Scott
October 24th, 2011, 7:46 AM
I did plan on watching the first 3 episodes last night, but I watched Match of the day 2 then City of God.

Chris Scott
October 27th, 2011, 3:11 PM
WOW

I didn't think they could top the opening episode from season 3, but the first episode from season 4 was stunning and probably better.

BOOM bye bye Russians.

Chris Scott
October 31st, 2011, 2:10 PM
Piney :cry:

I never really liked Clay but now is season 4 I hate him.

lotjx
October 31st, 2011, 8:07 PM
Yeah, but you could see that coming when he reached for Jax and got the door. Which amazingly considering how it ended is some great foreshadowing.

Tim
November 10th, 2011, 1:13 AM
This season has been awesome. This past episode's final scene gave me chills.

Bert
November 10th, 2011, 1:36 AM
I can't even summon the words, very very excited for next week.

Tim
November 10th, 2011, 3:44 AM
I'm a little concerned though...

If they do kill off Clay in this season, it could make next season really dull.

lotjx
November 10th, 2011, 7:39 PM
If Clay does die, a season of Jax in charge would be interesting. I still don't think it will happen even though they have done everything in their power to point in that direction. When I saw the Oracle show up, I knew shit was about real. Jax realizing who she was and going straight into action was awesome as well. I fucking love this show.

Bert
November 10th, 2011, 8:46 PM
When I saw the Oracle show up, I knew shit was about real. Jax realizing who she was and going straight into action was awesome as well. I fucking love this show.

Huh? Oracle? What?

lotjx
November 10th, 2011, 9:10 PM
The homeless woman. The wife and I have named her Oracle.

Chris Scott
November 12th, 2011, 4:57 PM
Yep just watched episode 10, excellent epiosde.

I hope Clay gets it good style, he deserves it and I can't wait. I hope Opie and Jax beat him to death.

If Clay does die, a season of Jax in charge would be interesting. I still don't think it will happen even though they have done everything in their power to point in that direction. When I saw the Oracle show up, I knew shit was about real. Jax realizing who she was and going straight into action was awesome as well. I fucking love this show.

I hope this is the way it goes, Jax in charge would be great, bring it back like it used to be I guess.

LOCONUT
November 23rd, 2011, 5:58 PM
Holy shit moment.

Chris Scott
November 23rd, 2011, 6:31 PM
Got 11 and 12 ready to watch tomorrow.

lotjx
November 23rd, 2011, 8:31 PM
I am stunned. I don't think they did what they just did.

Bert
November 23rd, 2011, 8:46 PM
They show in the scenes for next week that Clay is still alive, at least for now. Jax yells for someone to call for an ambulance.

Also next week's isn't the finale. 14 Episodes this year. :)

LOCONUT
November 24th, 2011, 1:24 AM
2-part finale should make for a killer 2 weeks. I assume/hope the last part of the finale is the usual 90 minutes. Interestingly enough there seems to be less to wrap up than in previous seasons. This has been one of the strongest seasons of a show with 3 outstanding seasons already. I was a little nervous after what I felt like was a disjointed, poorly written season last year but they came with the HEAT this year.

Chris Scott
November 24th, 2011, 7:27 PM
Fuck me guys I want to watch it now, but I need sleep.

Tim
November 28th, 2011, 4:38 AM
In the most recent episode there is a funny edit, I don't know if anyone noticed but in the first scene with Jax he gets off his motorcycle and his hat is facing backward, he walks up to the irish guy, shakes hands and his hat is facing foward, camera cuts to irish guy, goes back to Jax and his hat is backward again, next camera cut his hat is foward again.

I hope Clay isn't dead, that would be a bit dull to end his character. Jax has to be the one to do it.

lotjx
November 28th, 2011, 10:00 AM
I disagree. Even though we all think and believe Jax was going to be the one to do it, it makes for a believable twist thats Opie. Unser went through the laundry list of things that would make Opie do it. I am actually ok if its Opie and pretty damn well impressed by Sutter to lead us all to believe it to be Jax from day one and then we get this.

Bert
November 30th, 2011, 3:41 PM
I feel like I should have just waited a week and watched both parts at once. Oh well. I'm really looking forward to the finale.

lotjx
November 30th, 2011, 10:13 PM
I can't wait. It feels like a series finale more than a season finale.

Myles
December 1st, 2011, 3:38 PM
After catching up I can say I like this show but it is pretty damn cheesy and hollywood. I started watching with my friend and she ate it up. I then tried to get her into the wire, which was a complete flop. We started the shield and she is on the fence with it.

What is wrong with people, lost, 24, and sons etc. are entertaining but they aren't in the same league as the wire, sopranos, or shield. Sometimes being a snob and elitist is tough. Cling hanger endings are cliche and cheap as fuck. The Sopranos had enough class to not give in to the "omg you must see next week, something crazy will happen" mentality that pop shows do. Come on boys this is okay and fun at best. :lol:

lotjx
December 1st, 2011, 3:50 PM
Sopranos if you actually look back, you will realize how impossible it was for him not to go to jail or be mowed down by the later seasons. Shield, I liked, but Kurt who did Sons wrote Shield, had plenty of times where you have to almost say "Ok, he just wants Mackey to be nailed at the end" There was more than enough times, he should have been dead both in the office and in real life." I know nothing about the Wire. People like it, but working around Baltimore, I have no desire to see it. With Sons, they get nailed and when they do its pretty tough. If anything, we are seeing the fall out this season. Do you really think Sopranos would have killed the stones to kill Tony or have most of the cast go to jail? No.

Bert
December 1st, 2011, 3:55 PM
First off, this show is in the same league as The Wire, The Sopranos, Friday Night Lights and The Shield.

You mean Sopranos didn't show scenes for the upcoming episode? I can't remember it's been a while. If so then just don't watch the scenes for SoA the next week.

Also, a show on HBO doesn't have to worry about commercials so it has an extra 15 minutes to cram the story in compared to shows on FX like Sons of Anarchy which only get 45.

If Sutter crammed everything into one episode it would feel really rushed and I'm sure if it was possible to get a 2 hour finale we would have had one.

Myles
December 1st, 2011, 4:05 PM
Sopranos if you actually look back, you will realize how impossible it was for him not to go to jail or be mowed down by the later seasons. Shield, I liked, but Kurt who did Sons wrote Shield, had plenty of times where you have to almost say "Ok, he just wants Mackey to be nailed at the end" There was more than enough times, he should have been dead both in the office and in real life." I know nothing about the Wire. People like it, but working around Baltimore, I have no desire to see it. With Sons, they get nailed and when they do its pretty tough. If anything, we are seeing the fall out this season. Do you really think Sopranos would have killed the stones to kill Tony or have most of the cast go to jail? No.

If any show could have killed off the lead and still make it work it would have been The Sopranos. When Tony was in his coma I thought, fuck they might actually do it.

sons of anarchy has a pretty boy lead to get the women interested and uses cheap thrill tactics to make sure we tune in each week. My friend was like "the shield is okay but who do you cheer for? Vic is just prick, at least Jacks has good intentions and is hot." :wtf: Get sorted, cheer for Dutch if you must cheer for someone.

Also friday night lights was fun I guess, but come on bro... friday night lights in the same category as The Sopranos?

Bert
December 1st, 2011, 4:21 PM
Charlie Hunnam maybe a pretty boy, but he's also a fantastic actor.

Those "cheap thrill tactics" are realistic, as that's part of the life of a biker gang.

You should watch a documentary or an episode of Gangland about the Hell's Angels.

And yes, amazing TV like Friday Night Lights transcends genre barriers.

lotjx
December 1st, 2011, 5:16 PM
They were never eve going to kill of Tony. And Sopranoes had a pretty MILF looking psychiatrist on top of a strip club, they worked at. So, lets not pretend that Sopranos or any show doesn't use sex to sell. I would also point out the guys on Sons have realistically gone to prison or ended up shot or dead. Sopranos is probably the biggest show guilty of people literally getting away with murder with no repercussions. Shield was some what realistic that everyone around Vick was either dead or hated his guts at the end. I still think that was a bit of a cop out, because if anyone deserved to die or should have died it was Vick.

LOCONUT
December 1st, 2011, 6:08 PM
Some lazy writing last night...

Opie looking at Jax to give him time to shoot him before he postured like he was going to shoot Clay again felt off. Opie then telling Jax "I'm gonna kill Clay" as they drove away from the shooting was just retarded and made it pretty clear that Clay would live. I like the side story of Tig and the Niners but the way it went down just seemed rush and the girl flying through the window was comical.

I am obviously looking forward to the second half of the finale but last night didnt seem tight to me and it definitely didnt feel like a part 1 of 2. No point to using that gimmick here.

Making me a little nervous as to how they will wrap this up.

Myles
December 2nd, 2011, 3:23 PM
Charlie Hunnam maybe a pretty boy, but he's also a fantastic actor.

Those "cheap thrill tactics" are realistic, as that's part of the life of a biker gang.

You should watch a documentary or an episode of Gangland about the Hell's Angels.

And yes, amazing TV like Friday Night Lights transcends genre barriers.

Are you a biker ? Bikers are white trash and I have zero respect or empathy for any of them.

Bert
December 2nd, 2011, 3:43 PM
No, I'm not a biker and if that's the case why are you watching the show?

LOCONUT
December 2nd, 2011, 4:56 PM
Not all bikers are white trash you tit.

Jordo
December 2nd, 2011, 11:26 PM
Are you a biker ? Bikers are white trash and I have zero respect or empathy for any of them.

My pops is a biker, so you can fuck right off with the white trash shit.

Sounds to me like you don't like the show because a stupid girl likes it for stupid reasons. Same reason a lot of people hate Twilight. The acting in the show is pretty good, and the stories are exciting. So what if they have cliff hanger endings, Dexter does the same shit, so does Weeds, so does nearly every TV show.

Myles
December 3rd, 2011, 4:05 AM
your dad is probably an hiv positive meth head.

Bert
December 3rd, 2011, 4:16 AM
Obvious trolling aside, the show is great.

I'm not sure what I want to happen with the finale though. I mean, Clay should die because it would be right for the story but then what do they deal with next season? Jax taking over as President?

Jordo
December 3rd, 2011, 5:15 PM
Obvious trolling aside, the show is great.

I'm not sure what I want to happen with the finale though. I mean, Clay should die because it would be right for the story but then what do they deal with next season? Jax taking over as President?

I don't see Clay dying, the preview shows Jax with a knife to Clay's throat which would mean he isn't using the blood thinner Tera gave him. I'm guessing someone will walk in at that point, Tig seems to be a likely candidate.

lotjx
December 3rd, 2011, 5:22 PM
Tig will probably save him. I just don't know how the hell they are going to get out of Rico. It would be awesome if they did kill Clay due to the whole Hamlet mythos of poison killing the King and the title for the finale being To Be.

Chris Scott
December 6th, 2011, 5:34 PM
Amazing the last 3 episodes I just watched leading into tonight's final. Can't wait to watch it tomorrow some time.

Season 4 has really been great.

lotjx
December 6th, 2011, 7:59 PM
I have to say if my jaw doesn't hit the floor during the finale, I will be disappointed. That said, this has been one of the strongest seasons on TV to date. I know the Emmys will over look it, but hopefully not the Golden Globes who at least nominated Katey.

Bert
December 7th, 2011, 1:35 AM
Well, a little disappointed with the finale but it was an amazing season overall, so oh well. Mostly I just want to see what happens next.

Jordo
December 7th, 2011, 4:25 AM
I enjoyed it the finale I was really hoping Opie would walk in though

Aussie_Outlaw
December 7th, 2011, 7:58 AM
Oddly enough the last two episodes have felt like tredding water to me, almost like mid-season episodes. There was a bucket load of time to info certain characters with what we already knew, which is a bit tiresome and the whole ending just feels a bit... delayed, as if the real repercussions will be felt next season.

lotjx
December 7th, 2011, 8:35 PM
Sutter admits he wants seven seasons. So, I figure that is when shit will hit the fan. Honestly, I thought everything was a bit too convenient like almost everything. Then again, you look at how badly this country has screwed with Mexico, it should be no surprise. I will miss the DA in some weird way and his last act tied up at least one storyline. I do wish we would have gotten a bigger ending, but the last shot was awesome. I like this season a lot better than three, but three's ending was a Holy Shit, that is awesome in the last five minutes.

Aussie_Outlaw
December 7th, 2011, 9:05 PM
I think the big issue everyone will have with this issue is that so much was seemingly wiped away with ease by various deus-ex-machinas to the point where it doesn't matter what happened during the season. Which is why I said above that it felt to me that it was a padding episode positioning people as the payoff for lots of things just wasn't there.

lotjx
December 7th, 2011, 10:10 PM
I think a lot of major things happened this season where has in season three nothing really happened til the end. Character deaths, secrets revealed and ultimately the change we accepted since day one. To me, even with the whole wipe-out, enough got sorted out that I am ok with it. If anything I prefer a season full of stuff happening instead of shoving everything into the finale which too many shows due even this one. The finale image was pay off enough for me for maybe the entire series.

Myles
December 9th, 2011, 1:46 PM
Yea this was okay, kinda a cop out and almost a waste of my precious time. I did however, love the DA and his scene with the black cop and the one in the courtroom. That was pure class. :yes: I enjoyed him much more than Jacks.

Sopranos Season 4 finale with Edie Falco going nuts was much better in my opinion. This just doesn't compare. :)

Chris Scott
December 11th, 2011, 6:58 PM
I enjoyed it the finale I was really hoping Opie would walk in though

Yeah I was really hoping he's walk through.

I quite liked the final episode, something different than the usual everything happening in the final episode stuff. That song that was played near the end was class and a fitting one as the season came to the end.

Can't wait for next season with Jax being the man.

Myles
December 14th, 2011, 2:54 PM
I hope Jacks gets aids. In real life and on the show.

Chris Scott
December 14th, 2011, 4:32 PM
Harsh.

S.H. Styles
December 24th, 2011, 2:42 AM
Lincoln Potter, in one episode, became one of my favorites on the show. I hope they bring him back, even though I doubt they will because the RICO equation is dead for now.

The Jax/Clay dynamic is going to be amazing next season. And I love how Chibs is now Jax's Sgt at Arms. In the first two seasons, whenever jax had to do something Chibs would always say "I'm with you brother!" and opie would follow along as well. The only thing that would have made it better was if opie walked through the door and took the VP position, but I see why they didn't have him do that.

Chris Scott
December 27th, 2011, 6:53 PM
Yeah it would have really felt complete if Opie took the VP seat.

Reveille
December 28th, 2011, 6:02 PM
Ya, they really fucked up with not bringing in Opie...

But, I really hope they only put it off till the first episode of next season. It would really piss me off if they drag it out with Jax trying to convince Opie to return. They have plenty of other good story lines going on right now where they don't need it, and I know that none of us can wait to see what Jax and Opie will do as a team...

Bert
February 4th, 2012, 4:03 PM
Following its 99-percent awesome Season 4, Sons of Anarchy will keep its tires spinning for at least two more seasons. FX has renewed the biker drama for a sixth season, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The show had already been renewed for a fifth season, last October.
The deal also includes a nice security blanket for series creator and showrunner Kurt Sutter, who actually signed a three-year deal with Twentieth Century Fox TV and FX Productions. That means Sons of Anarchy could easily go seven seasons (and the rumor is that it will, and that Season 7 will be the show's last) if it continues to perform well. The deal also says Sutter can work on more projects for the cable network or try his hand at broadcast through Twentieth Century Fox TV.

LOCONUT
February 4th, 2012, 6:15 PM
No surprise. I would imagine that Sutters over the top shilling for Fox during the DirecTV drama last year didnt hurt his cause any.

Great news anyway.

Chris Scott
February 6th, 2012, 8:50 AM
Top news.

Chris Dolmeth
February 11th, 2012, 7:46 PM
Saw this on Facebook

Momentum is gaining for a Sons of Anarchy Prequel Series about the First 9 members. Please hit the Share button if you want this made.

1. John Teller
2. Clay Morrow
3. Piermont 'Piney' Winston
4. Keith McGee
5. Lenny 'The Pimp; Janowitz

Dead members
6. Wally Grazer
7. Thomas Whitney
8. Chico Vellenueva
9. Otto Moran

Sounds interesting.

lotjx
February 11th, 2012, 7:59 PM
I am fucking curious where is this share button?

Matthew
February 11th, 2012, 8:15 PM
:blah:

Chris Scott
February 17th, 2012, 2:51 PM
Saw this on Facebook

Sounds interesting.

Yeah that would be greatness, let it happen please.

Bert
April 5th, 2012, 9:24 PM
http://www.tv.com/news/news-briefs-jimmy-smits-joins-sons-of-anarchy-28319/

... Jimmy Smits (NYPD Blue) is joining SAMCRO! The Emmy nominee will star in the fifth season of FX's Sons of Anarchy in a major role. He'll play a dangerous Latino gangster who becomes a mentor to Jax.

Interesting.

Bert
June 11th, 2012, 10:44 PM
http://www.tv.com/news/news-briefs-sons-of-anarchy-welcomes-ashley-tisdale-28866/

... Sons of Anarchy is adding a high-priced escort character this season, and you'd think the show would get some hot slut actress who's been in softcore porn and beer commercials to play her. BUT NO. Former Disney star and High School Musical actress Ashley Tisdale will be the one wearing the stiletto heels and short skirts. Currently, Tisdale is booked for two episodes. Can't wait to see Opie rip her head off.

Seems like a weird actress for the role, but ok.

Chris Scott
June 12th, 2012, 2:46 PM
Opie will destroy her.

lotjx
June 12th, 2012, 3:31 PM
I wonder if they are going back into the porn business with Jax in charge. That was one of his rather brilliant ideas that got wrecked by Zoebell and his white hate boys.

Bert
August 17th, 2012, 11:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSRJUOpDOhQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jL0oaAkH_I

:panic:

Chris Scott
August 19th, 2012, 6:18 AM
Fuckkkkkkkkkkkk Yesssssssssss

lotjx
August 19th, 2012, 11:23 AM
I am looking forward to Sept. 11th. Wait...

Bert
August 19th, 2012, 3:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guXo5qpr6s4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEDwksRj5m4

I :heart: Maggie Siff.

S.H. Styles
August 23rd, 2012, 3:24 PM
Can't freaking wait.

Ron Perlman has progressed into a really, really old man the last 2 years. I know he's in his 60's, but damn. It's good for the show though- him using the tubing a la Piney is a nice touch

Tim
August 24th, 2012, 1:04 AM
Jemma and Tara's relationship is funny, first they hate each other, then they're best friends, then they don't trust each other, and now it appears they hate each other again. Typical women.

S.H. Styles
August 24th, 2012, 9:46 PM
What is that that Gemma slips the new guy at 15 seconds in the last video Bert posted?

Reveille
September 11th, 2012, 9:13 AM
Set your DVRs new season begins tonight!!!

:wiggle:

lotjx
September 11th, 2012, 11:57 AM
FUCK YEAH!!!

Chris Scott
September 11th, 2012, 12:57 PM

Miotch
September 11th, 2012, 3:50 PM
http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2012/09/20-things-about-cast-sons-of-anarchy-that-you-didnt-know/4/

Chris Scott
September 11th, 2012, 6:43 PM
18. How many people remember Johnny Lewis — who played Half Sack — out of context as a recurring character, Chili, in The O.C.?

:eek:

Reveille
September 11th, 2012, 6:47 PM
Half Sack kicked ass...

Much better than the two prospects they got kicking around now...

lotjx
September 11th, 2012, 8:44 PM
I figured Half Sack would die a hero, but I figured he would take out Zoebell in the process.

Reveille
September 11th, 2012, 9:51 PM
Good guys gotta die on the show from time to time to keep us on our toes and half sack was a prime candidate for a good death but the two prospects they brought in are just pointless characters...

The show would be better off without them...

Reveille
September 11th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Charlie Hunnam (Jax) is British but anyone else notice an annoying difference in his voice???

Reveille
September 11th, 2012, 11:11 PM
fucking a...

killing trigs daughter that way was incredibly brutal even for this show...

lotjx
September 13th, 2012, 9:19 AM
Yeah, that was something. I thought the entire episode ran pretty smooth like, it didn't feel like an hour and half. I am curious who that was at the end in the house. Considering their rogues gallery it could be anyone.

S.H. Styles
September 19th, 2012, 5:48 PM
Yeah, that was something. I thought the entire episode ran pretty smooth like, it didn't feel like an hour and half. I am curious who that was at the end in the house. Considering their rogues gallery it could be anyone.

It was one of the nomads (Greg the Peg). When he put his feet on Filthy Phil's shoulder at the clubhouse, you saw that he had a peg leg. They also did a zoom in on the peg leg when they were talking Unser. The question is, what the hell are the Nomad's doing? They've robbed Wade, a woman in the clubhouse, and Clay's house.

I'm surprised nobody's talking about this how. 2 episodes in & I'm loving this season so far.

LOCONUT
September 20th, 2012, 3:08 AM
Chuck Zito's character seems to be a dirty bastard.

Big
September 20th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Didn't Chuck Zito try suing Kurt Sutter for stealing his idea?
And Sutter called him a bitch?
Anyway...
Why did Chuck Zito take their marriage license? I think Clay's obviously behind it.

S.H. Styles
September 20th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Didn't Chuck Zito try suing Kurt Sutter for stealing his idea?
And Sutter called him a bitch?
Anyway...
Why did Chuck Zito take their marriage license? I think Clay's obviously behind it.

They scheduled a meeting face to face earlier this year to settle out of court. Apparently zito showed up wearing a SOA cut. Sutter thought he was being mocked, but zito told him that he loves SOA and just wanted compensation. Once sutter saw that zito wasn't doing all of this "just to be a dick", he offered him a role as a hardcore nomad from NY. And now they love each other

lotjx
September 21st, 2012, 8:17 AM
There are a few theories I have on who is behind this. One is the other charters have decided that the Charming charter has to go. They bring too much heat and want too much at times. They tell them the Nomads are breaking up then infilltrate, destroy and the Nomads suddenly return. Theory two is they are working with Pope. We already know the Niners are terrified of him even before he killed Leroy. He also said he wanted all intel on them and there they are carrying around a lot of intel. Theory three is its the Zoebell. How, I have no idea, but when shit happens, I sometimes think Zoebell is behind it, because Kurt has hinted he would love for that character to return. Final theory, is Big's Clay theory, but they stole his safe and he looked pissed, but Clay is pretty good about spinning the wheels until he lost it in season 4. I am sure the reality its something else and when it does it, we will all be like "Damn, I should have known, but I'll lie to my friends and online and say I saw it coming." Again, let me profess my love for Jimmy Smits, all those scenes with him and Jax in the truck were amazing.

Reveille
September 21st, 2012, 8:22 PM
Spoiler doesn't give away much but I'm still gunna spoiler it cuz some people would want to be surprised by it...

According to Entertainment Weekly (http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/09/20/sons-of-anarchy-clay-jax-tig-death/), a major character is going to die next week. The character’s death is reportedly going to be shocking and unexpected, leading some sites to think that maybe Tara herself is on the chopping block. But in light of her new interview, for some reason I kindly doubt it.

http://www.inquisitr.com/339445/sons-of-anarchy-actress-talks-season-5-major-character-dies-next-week-rumor/

Tara isn't gunna die next week. Feel free to kick me in the balls if she does. But maybe Trig going too far in revenge for his daughter. Bobby Elvis cuz he's only somewhat of an enjoyable character, the fact that he's the new VP (perfect kill for the one niners) and the fact that Opie is over due in the VP chair. Bobby also didn't go to jail with the rest of them so he's an easy target with no other protection. Or if they're exaggerating "major" character it could be happy who also didn't go to jail, but is also obviously not a strong character. I mean I love Happy for his ruthlessness and his one liners, but with all the new influx of members, he is an expendable character...

Most unlikely and shocking in my opinion would be Chibs. Storyline wise there would be no reason to get rid of him, but wouldn't surprise me either...

I still have my money on and hope that its Happy...

Edit: Actually wouldn't surprise me on bit if it was Unser. He's taken it on himself to find out about the break ins and maybe he steps on the wrong toes(Clay or whoever is behind it). He isn't exactly SAMCRO but he is a major character...

Big
September 25th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Tonight....
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:(
I'm gutted over this.

S.H. Styles
September 26th, 2012, 12:14 AM
Jesus Christ man..... :nono:

Now I know how all these girls feel when they watch chick flicks :(

Bert
September 26th, 2012, 12:58 AM
I feel like I'm about to cry.

Fuck.

Gary J
September 26th, 2012, 8:05 AM
Didn't know it was back on so caught up with it this morning and certainly wasn't expecting that to happen.

Reveille
September 26th, 2012, 9:54 AM
:cry:...

Reveille
September 26th, 2012, 1:59 PM
I'm calling it now...

10 years from now if they bring the show back, Opies son comes back and kills them all...

His mother and Grandfather were murdered by the club, and his father sacrificed his life for the club...

Miotch
September 26th, 2012, 2:00 PM
They won't.

Reveille
September 26th, 2012, 2:05 PM
Alright fine...

His mom suicide bombs his funeral on the next episode and kills them all...

Miotch
September 26th, 2012, 2:16 PM
That would be justified at least.

In reality Jax is going to use Tig until he's no longer useless and then probably skin him alive. It will be glorious and brutal.

My only real regret about them killing Opie at this point is that he never found out that Tig killed Donna. It really should have been Opie to do Tig in.

Reveille
September 26th, 2012, 2:57 PM
Tig admitted to killing Donna late season 2 or early season 3 before they went to Ireland...

He kicked the shit out of Tig, but then confronted Stahl with an unloaded gun to scare the shit out of her. He forgave the club and put the blame on Stahl...

Miotch
September 26th, 2012, 2:59 PM
Yeah I realized that. Still Opie never got his sweet revenge. Fucking Tig. Hate that guy.

Reveille
September 26th, 2012, 3:11 PM
Tig is a great character though. Jax will def kill him or let Pope kill him but he is a much more better character than Opie. Opie was great because he was loveable which brought his stock up, but Tig pulled off being the good/bad guy and still is a great character...

Miotch
September 26th, 2012, 3:16 PM
Sure. You need characters to hate for a show to be really good. A great example is Stringer Bell in the wire. You were just waiting for him to get his at the end of the day.

Zacharie
September 26th, 2012, 6:20 PM
This seasons off to a good start so far. A lot of brutal deaths in this one. I love that they went with Ope going down. This guy got fucked over so much in the show that it only made sense for him to go down the way he did. That was pretty much his only purpose, and they pulled it off well.

Miotch
September 26th, 2012, 7:41 PM
I still think he should have killed at least a couple of those guys before the ultimate demise.

Zacharie
September 26th, 2012, 11:40 PM
Yeah, at first I thought he was going to fight all four of them off only to get whacked by the dirty cop at the end. Would have made Jax' revenge later on much sweeter.

S.H. Styles
September 27th, 2012, 12:07 AM
Yeah, at first I thought he was going to fight all four of them off only to get whacked by the dirty cop at the end. Would have made Jax' revenge later on much sweeter.

This. X10.

I don't understand how Opie's death is the dirty cop's fault. He was just doing his dirty job- Damon Pope's orders. It was Pope that wanted a son dead, not the dirty cop. Pope is the reason why Opie is dead. The Cop was just doing what he was being told. Hell, he even freaking threw Opie a tire iron to "keep it interesting" after Opie headbutted him with all his force. They should have had Opie destroy all 4 guys with the tire iron, only to turn around and be shot by the cop. It would have made much more sense, storyline wise.

We all know that Pope will probably be killed by Jax/Tig later on, but it just makes no freaking sense how Jax is pretty much looking at Pope as a mentor when he is the one who is more responsible for Opie's death than the cop is.

lotjx
September 27th, 2012, 8:22 AM
I emotionally checked out when Opie went into the room, because it was easier to do that than get emotionally vested. I am going to miss that character, a lot. This does seem to go against the Hamlet frame, Sutter has been using. I always thought Opie was Horatio and out of all the characters, he would be the last one standing. Now, I have no idea. It does sorta piss me off since Pearlman believes the only reason Clay is alive is due to Sutter wanting to keep that theme going til the end. Sutter could have killed Clay last year without doing that giant somersault of making the Cartel, the CIA and only the Irish want to deal with Clay. Or maybe I am pissed, because he killed a character that didn't need to die and left a character that should have died, alive or whatever.

I think Jax is learning how to be ruthless from Pope and then when the time is right, he will murder everyone involved in Opie's death. I am ok with him killing the guard since well, he is a corrupt guard and he more than Pope pushed the fight to happen just went to win some extra cabbage. I like Tig. I think his total meltdown in season two really moved that character along and I liked we saw a softer side with him and his kids. His problem, is he too attached to Clay and loses sight of this objectives. Gotta feel for Opie's kids, no mom, no father and grandfather only skinny hot porn mom.

LOCONUT
September 27th, 2012, 12:19 PM
When the episode started I thought "poor Chibs is fucked". Then I remembered that Opie had voluntarily gone to jail with them and realized what was going to happen.

I didnt think this was executed nearly as well as Lem on the Shield, however it is still one of the better sympathetic character deaths in modern television history.

Reveille
September 27th, 2012, 12:29 PM
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/suspect-killing-los-angeles-woman-actor-124414168.html

If true, he couldn't have been further than the true half sack...

Big
September 30th, 2012, 5:32 PM
You guys think Clay and Pope will ever face off?

Or this is all going to be on Jax?

Reveille
September 30th, 2012, 5:59 PM
Naw, I highly doubt that, not in anything important anyway. Clay isn't at the head of the table anymore and its Tig and Jax that have a vengeance to settle with Pope...

Clay is all but dead IMO. After the Irish deal gets fully underway and they trust Jax, Clay will either try one last move on Jax to get his club back and ends up getting killed by Jax or Clay ends up turning true boy baby face and sacrifices his life for Jax, Gemma, or the club...

S.H. Styles
October 3rd, 2012, 6:24 PM
Naw, I highly doubt that, not in anything important anyway. Clay isn't at the head of the table anymore and its Tig and Jax that have a vengeance to settle with Pope...

Clay is all but dead IMO. After the Irish deal gets fully underway and they trust Jax, Clay will either try one last move on Jax to get his club back and ends up getting killed by Jax or Clay ends up turning true boy baby face and sacrifices his life for Jax, Gemma, or the club...

The more I think about it, the more the second scenario makes sense. Deep down, and he's said this numerous times, Clay just wants to do what's best for Gemma, the club and Charming. Killing JT was an evil act, but that's when he was younger. Ever since the show began, he's never done anything out of pure spite. Killing piney was to protect himself and Gemma.

Even last night, when it was revealed he didn't even have sex with Ashley Tisdale. He loves Gemma too much to betray her like that at this point.

I think either at the end of this season or next season, Jax/Tig/The Club will be in danger of dying and Clay will protect them and in the process die. I just can't see Jax killing clay at this point. So much shit has happened, opie is dead, etc. that the pain of clay living watching his wife with another man would be punishment enough.

Reveille
October 3rd, 2012, 8:28 PM
As a true SOA fan I would have loved to see Clay go out as the worst villain of all time. Because lets face it he is. But that should have happened with Jax slicing his throat at the end of season 4. Now they're playing Clay as a wounded dog that everyone wants to give it some food for sympathy but knows its best to just put the dog down...

My heart truly hopes that he turns back into the worst villain of all time, but my head says he's gunna go out saving someone...

lotjx
October 3rd, 2012, 8:35 PM
Tough episode last night. Really felt it at the end. I do think Clay will find a way to take over even if its "temporary" He should have died at the end of season 4, but thats pretty mute now. I fully expect Clay to be a wounded animal and then do something to injure Jax or even make it look like h killed him in this year's finale.

Miotch
October 3rd, 2012, 8:42 PM
As a true SOA fan I would have loved to see Clay go out as the worst villain of all time. Because lets face it he is. But that should have happened with Jax slicing his throat at the end of season 4. Now they're playing Clay as a wounded dog that everyone wants to give it some food for sympathy but knows its best to just put the dog down...

My heart truly hopes that he turns back into the worst villain of all time, but my head says he's gunna go out saving someone...

Shane Vendrel is the worst villain of all time. Period.

Reveille
October 3rd, 2012, 8:44 PM
Some day I really gotta get around to watching that show...

lotjx
October 3rd, 2012, 8:48 PM

Gul Dukat says hi.

LOCONUT
October 4th, 2012, 2:15 AM
More like the best villian of all time.

Bert
October 10th, 2012, 12:28 AM
http://i.imgur.com/90bmm.jpg

:lol:

I will never look at Walton Goggins the same.

And Tommy from True Blood wanting to fuck him :lol:

S.H. Styles
October 10th, 2012, 3:25 PM
I love the "perfect echos" in the last two episodes. Jax smiling when he saw the kids on their bicycles waving at him at the beginning of last week leading to him taking the photo of him and opie on bicycles and putting it in Op's coffin as the last image. And this week, when he was writing to Abel and Thomas telling them that he often "spends the day fixing the mistakes from the day before" and how when life gives you a box, and it's up to you to determine if its a gift or a coffin- leading to the thumb and the tit at the end.

A part of me feels like the series will end with Abel at the gavel, reading over Jax's letters much the same way the series started with Jax reading JT's letters. So much has been put into his story from the first season, him being narced up, kidnapped, taken to Belfast and all this custody shit which will surely explode sooner rather than later.

Tyson
October 11th, 2012, 12:42 AM

Preach on, Brother Miotch. Best show ever.

Mitch, you watching "Vegas"? The return of badass Michael Chiklis to TV.