PDA

View Full Version : I'm Gonna Ramble On... (Movies/TV/Books version)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17]

Nash Diesel
January 9th, 2018, 5:58 PM
Yeah you start going damn they were older than my dad when he did Star Wars lol. One downside to the internet, we realize just how fucking old we really are with all this info at our disposal.

Canuck
January 30th, 2018, 8:20 PM
Where can I find a stream of The Bridge?

mth
January 30th, 2018, 10:50 PM
Sometimes the stream is under the bridge. [/Donald]

virms
January 31st, 2018, 6:53 PM
Thoughts on creating a CW Superhero Show thread? I know we have an arrow thread but figured a catch all for all the superhero stuff would suffice.

I did search and see we didn't have one. I am a bit behind on all of them at the moment with maybe the exception of Legends of Tomorrow which I don't think is off it's midseason break but I think CW overall is doing an excellent job with these shows. Arrow has dropped off a bit but flash is still going strong imo. Haven't seen Black Lightning yet either, but seems so far so good from what I have heard.

Honey_Badger
February 2nd, 2018, 9:24 PM
I finally watched Game of Thrones, all 7 seasons. What a fantastic piece of television. I’m in a state of depression now having to wait over 1 year for a conclusion. Amazing, amazing show.

Tyson
February 4th, 2018, 9:51 PM
I finally watched Game of Thrones, all 7 seasons. What a fantastic piece of television. Iím in a state of depression now having to wait over 1 year for a conclusion. Amazing, amazing show.

When HBO plays its "Coming This Year" montage at the Super Bowl and there's no Game of Thrones. :mad::mad:

Dear Donald Trump, please don't kill us all before the final season comes out...

virms
February 7th, 2018, 7:16 PM
Anyone have movie pass? Reckon I am going to get this when may rolls around to try it out since an absurd amount of movies are coming out I want to see. Just didn't know if anyone has gotten one yet.

Donald
February 9th, 2018, 10:08 AM
What is movie pass

Marlon Dingle
February 9th, 2018, 11:30 AM
What is google

Percussion
June 8th, 2018, 11:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCaljpu1bW4

:lol:

The Rick
August 7th, 2018, 5:06 PM
https://youtu.be/0H5LCLljJho

Thought this podcast was fascinating as hell.

Nash Diesel
August 8th, 2018, 4:13 PM
https://youtu.be/0H5LCLljJho

Thought this podcast was fascinating as hell.

It was pretty good, I only saw a few snippets on Youtube. I didn't see it but hopefully today we'll get the full ep with Maculay Culkin. The 2 clips I watched yesterday were great.

Randolph
February 15th, 2019, 7:53 PM
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/460/406/976.jpg
Why won't you just let me die?

Pablo Diablo
July 3rd, 2019, 6:21 PM
Ariel being black is stupid.

mth
July 4th, 2019, 12:19 AM
I just Googled and also thought it was stupid but that's because I thought it said Halle Berry. Once I realized it didn't, I breathed a sigh of relief and am fine with it.

JP
July 4th, 2019, 12:44 AM

Whaaaaaaa?

Fro
July 4th, 2019, 1:08 AM

Itís not.

Whatís stupid is making a live action remake of every damn Disney movie from the 90s. Okay I guess itís not stupid since itís a sure fire way to make a box office smash but itís lazy as hell.

JP
July 4th, 2019, 1:10 AM
Still, Pabs, whaaaaaaaa?

Fro
July 4th, 2019, 1:12 AM
As someone people on here assumed was black, I’m offended.

JP
July 4th, 2019, 1:24 AM
:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

But still, but still, pabs, whaaaaaaaaa?

Pablo Diablo
July 4th, 2019, 1:55 AM
It's because it's Disney re-doing their old movie that makes it stupid.

This isn't some other studio re-telling an old fairy tale. This is Disney re-doing one of their old classic movies and making the main character black when everyone knows her as white.

It seems very forced to me and a disingenuous way for them to get around there being only one black Disney princess.

And yes I know mermaid's aren't real. Great. Sure. She's human for half the movie, but sure. This isn't the same as the Starfire controversy where her skin colour was orange in the source and she's an alien.

JP
July 4th, 2019, 5:36 AM
You've lost your mind.

G-Fresh
July 4th, 2019, 5:45 AM

Truth.

Rancid_Planet
July 4th, 2019, 6:00 AM
Yeah it's fucking bullshit.

And completely historically inaccurate.

Everyone knows mermaids were white.

And all centaurs were Puerto Rican.

Pablo Diablo
July 4th, 2019, 7:21 AM
You've lost your mind.

So you don't think it's disingenuous?

Also way to not get my argument at all rancid.

Fro
July 4th, 2019, 9:28 AM
It's because it's Disney re-doing their old movie that makes it stupid.

This isn't some other studio re-telling an old fairy tale. This is Disney re-doing one of their old classic movies and making the main character black when everyone knows her as white.

It seems very forced to me and a disingenuous way for them to get around there being only one black Disney princess.

And yes I know mermaid's aren't real. Great. Sure. She's human for half the movie, but sure. This isn't the same as the Starfire controversy where her skin colour was orange in the source and she's an alien.

It could be forced but what if the actor they cast is actually really good? I wouldn’t want them to only let white actresses audition because really, who cares. Pick the best person for the role. If she stinks then we could revisit your argument but let’s give her a chance (not that I’ll ever see this movie myself).

Also I take it you’re firmly against the Idris Elba for James Bond fan push?

Marlon Dingle
July 4th, 2019, 9:31 AM

Fucking hell. Imagine being rattled about the casting of a movie about mermaids.

Simon
July 4th, 2019, 9:37 AM
The impotent rage of weirdos who are against it is by far the best reason to be for Ariel being black.

Pabs your argument doesn't even make sense. It's not a sequel it's a remake, so its hardly ruining the canon is it. Your POV is logically no different to saying the new Lion King shouldn't have been live action because the old one was a cartoon. The changes in the remake don,'t change anything about the original because they are separate movies existing in separate worlds.

Mad.

Pablo Diablo
July 4th, 2019, 9:53 AM
I’m grateful you all are telling me that I shouldn’t feel Disney is being disingenuous here.

And you all are missing my damn argument. It’s that Disney is making one of their existing princesses black and I see it as them doing it solely to hide the fact that they haven’t been doing a good job historically.

I mean for comparison I’ll ask JP. Did making LeFou gay in beauty and the beast not feel as disingenuous?

Pablo Diablo
July 4th, 2019, 9:56 AM
And no Fro I don’t have as much an issue with James Bond being Idris Elba as I do this.

Pablo Diablo
July 4th, 2019, 10:02 AM
And to be clear it has nothing to do with whether she will do a good job or not.

Percussion
July 4th, 2019, 10:33 AM
I’m grateful you all are telling me that I shouldn’t feel Disney is being disingenuous here.

And you all are missing my damn argument. It’s that Disney is making one of their existing princesses black and I see it as them doing it solely to hide the fact that they haven’t been doing a good job historically.

I mean for comparison I’ll ask JP. Did making LeFou gay in beauty and the beast not feel as disingenuous?

But is it to hide the fact that they haven't been doing a good job in that department or to sort of course correct that fact?

Pablo Diablo
July 4th, 2019, 10:40 AM
I will grant Disney is clearly focused on printing money by doing all these live action remakes and as such an original story isn’t high on their list so maybe for now this is the only way to see representation for some time. So yes it could be their best chance at course correction. I’m just cynical about it.

JP
July 4th, 2019, 11:05 AM

She can sing, dance, act. No, I don't think it's disingenuous, I think it's an actor being cast because of her suitability for the role.

JP
July 4th, 2019, 11:15 AM
II mean for comparison I’ll ask JP. Did making LeFou gay in beauty and the beast not feel as disingenuous?

No. It fit the character - his motivations, desires, fears - perfectly, was written very well and performed even better.

In a Disney film, to be seen by families and young children the world over, there was a gay character, whose love was treated with compassion and understanding, was multi faceted, not a caricature hero or villain and produced some of the biggest laughs and emotions of the film. Even if I did think it was disingenuous (and I get why you might think that about the casting and this), how well it was handled and the positive nature of the representation would override that annoyance.

Pablo Diablo
July 4th, 2019, 12:19 PM
Fair enough.

I’m sure my stance will continue to soften over time. I feel bad for the hate she’s going to get though as my thoughts aren’t against her at all.

Simon
July 4th, 2019, 12:20 PM
Where do you draw the line on accusations of Disney (or any company) being disingenuous? No decision Disney make is about anything other than the bottom line - previously the profit has been in white protagonists, now there is money to be made from black protagonists. It's all exploitation when you boil it down, but at least this way a generation of black kids might have a chance of seeing themselves represented on screen.

Pablo Diablo
July 4th, 2019, 12:33 PM
Because I think they’ve made no effort outside of just making a character black instead of writing a black story. Which admittedly is just me assuming there’s going to be no other changes.

Someone like James Bond I see differently maybe because there’s been multiple James Bonds already.

Rancid_Planet
July 4th, 2019, 3:07 PM

Also way to not get my argument at all rancid.

I didn't actually read your post.

Jimmy Zero
July 7th, 2019, 8:02 PM
Imagine having an issue with a black actress getting cast to play a cartoon character that was popular 30 years ago. Why does it even matter if they're being disingenuous?

Will you care if Sebastian's voice actor isn't Jamaican? I hope Ken Watanabe is cast as King Triton just to fuck with people.

mth
July 7th, 2019, 9:08 PM
Personally, I'm real curious about the casting/portrayal of Ursula.

Morrison
July 7th, 2019, 9:57 PM
Personally, I'm real curious about the casting/portrayal of Ursula.

they're talking with melissa mccarthy for ursula.

mth
July 7th, 2019, 11:38 PM
No me gusta.

kdestiny
July 7th, 2019, 11:45 PM
No me gusta.

You and me both

Pablo Diablo
July 11th, 2019, 10:54 PM
Why does it even matter if they're being disingenuous?

Yes why would I as a black person care that I think a company is being disingenuous with black representation.

I only just saw this because I had come back to the thread to comment on how the Lion King remake is getting pretty panned in the reviews.

But I can't let slide another person telling me that I shouldn't care about an issue when considering that I have a mixed daughter this type of shit actually does matter to me.

Pablo Diablo
July 11th, 2019, 11:06 PM
Anyways JP has talked me off the ledge about how bad an idea from an underrepresented community standpoint so let's move on to Lion King

The complaint I see about the movie is that because of how realistic it is and how the lack of facial expressions really take away what made the original so good. And I believe it.

Fro
July 11th, 2019, 11:16 PM
disney has been pretty good at having diverse princesses over the years though haven't they?

I'm also still unsure of how we are jumping to the conclusion that having ariel be black is disingenuous. we've got pabs saying it's to make up for the lack of black princesses, even though they have had loads of minority princesses over the years so their track record is strong. we're also saying it's about the bottom line but I'm not sold that casting her with a black actress is actually more profitable. I really don't know what the data or logic is but my first thought would be that this would put off more people than it attracts. african americans make up about 12% of movie goers in 2016, catering to that minority wouldn't seem profitable. the most profitable thing would be to cast the best actress regardless of race, in my naive opinion. this movie will likely make a billion regardless, but critical reviews being strong can make or break that extra 500+ million. i don't see casting a black actress being that impactful.

Nash Diesel
July 12th, 2019, 5:13 PM
It's a lose-lose for Hollywood. Shamed for not having enough of a particular race in the past, shamed for trying to incorporate other races that were not as involved.

And usually by the same liberal types who in one breath cry about the lack of diversity and finish that breath with scoffing at a company for giving them what they want. Usually it's fucking white people bitching about this on both ends.

And here's the thing.....99% of the time when a character goes from white to black, black to white, it's not even relevant to the fucking story. Yes, if someone did a Malcolm X movie and had Johnny Deep play him looking like Johnny Depp....then yeah we have an issue here because this isn't northern Canada we have enough black folks to look to for that role lol.

But if one day we see a black dude as Wolverine, I'm not negative to that just like people shouldn't be negative toward black Ariel. No matter the reasoning. If Disney felt they needed to go this route, well then so be it. Because if they created an entirely new black princess, people would still have the same argument Pablo is having. "Oh they're just doing it because they have so many white princesses!" Maybe they are, but isn't that what some minorities are asking for anyway? Or are we just to keep being told to be outraged by EVERYTHING!?!

Jimmy Zero
July 12th, 2019, 8:51 PM
Yes why would I as a black person care that I think a company is being disingenuous with black representation.

I only just saw this because I had come back to the thread to comment on how the Lion King remake is getting pretty panned in the reviews.

But I can't let slide another person telling me that I shouldn't care about an issue when considering that I have a mixed daughter this type of shit actually does matter to me.

But what is actually disingenuous about it and why does it ultimately matter whether or not Disney's casting intentions are pure? For all you know, the actress they cast killed her audition and is the best person for the part. Nash is absolutely right. Hollywood is damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Disney, much like every other giant media company, doesn't actually give a flying fuck about inclusivity, equal representation, or anything else along those lines. They care about making money. If they think capitalizing on the current social climate by casting a black girl to play a white cartoon mermaid is going to make them a ton of money, why shouldn't they do it? The outcome is the same regardless of what the motive is behind their intentions: more black representation in major movies.

By no means do I think you shouldn't care about an issue like black representation in media. I just don't understand your issue in this specific instance. If you're waiting for companies to start doing shit like this out of the goodness of their hearts, then you're going to be waiting a long time. Your mixed race daughter is going to be able to watch a talented young black actress (possibly/hopefully) redefine an iconic character in what will probably be one of the most popular movies of the year when it comes out. Why should Disney's motives behind their casting decisions affect her enjoyment of that?

Fro
July 12th, 2019, 11:02 PM
someone explain how casting ariel as a black girl will make this movie sell more tickets, I'm still skeptical of this theory but am interested in the logic behind it.

Fro
July 12th, 2019, 11:04 PM
side note, does anyone else think she has a very mermaidy face? something about how far apart her eyes are makes her look fish like IMO. she looks the part very well I'd say

BigAl
December 6th, 2019, 1:01 PM
Watched the first two episodes of The Moodys last night. Absolutely hilarious. I'm a big Denis Leary fan and he's awesome in it, as usual. Also has two of the guys from Sirens in it, which was criminally canceled after only two seasons. Highly recommend so far.

Peter Griffin
December 10th, 2019, 9:32 AM
Have any of you seen upright with Tim Minchin? The small clip I saw made it look like it would be a funny road trip but damn it kicks you in the guts... A lot.

Really really good I thought.

Version 6
December 15th, 2019, 10:33 PM
John Frusciante is back in the Red Hot Chili Peppers...

Anyone else as excited by this news as I am?

Morrison
December 16th, 2019, 1:23 AM
John Frusciante is back in the Red Hot Chili Peppers...

Anyone else as excited by this news as I am?

probably two weeks ago, while laying in bed one night, i somehow found myself looking up rhcp stuff on youtube, which turned into listening to californication on spotify. that album was huge for me when it came out. hadnt listened to it in at least a decade, probably even longer. had forgotten how many hits were on there. mentioned this to my friend the next day, since she's a big john frusciante fan, and we ranted a bunch about the band for a bit, about how californication was so good cause it was frusciante's first album back and how we hadnt really thought of them much in the last fifteen years, particularly after stadium arcadium, etc. i saw the news of john coming back and was immediately texting her like WE WILLED THIS INTO EXISTENCE. so im way more pumped for this, at this particular moment in time, than i probably would have been three weeks ago.

Murphy
December 16th, 2019, 6:07 AM
Californication was probably my most played album of 1999. Absolutely loved them from that album to Stadium Arcadium. Not as much before then and not as much since, but loved Frusciante. Bloody excellent news.

Nash Diesel
December 16th, 2019, 4:16 PM
All the stuff with Frusciante is imo the best RHCP have ever done. His solo stuff is pretty good. I actually heard some weird house style music he was dabbling in awhile back that was interesting.

I still think it's weird their newest guitar player is in the Hall of Fame simply for being on the 1 album that came out shortly before their induction. Also, true story, that weird rapper chick Kreayshawn did a video for one of their songs (not sure if it was ever released). Weird.

Donald
December 16th, 2019, 5:09 PM
Damn, really enjoyed Josh Klinghoffer. Thought their last album wasn't too good, but have enjoyed everything before. My favorite album is the one with Dave Navaro, One Hot Minute, but I very much enjoy a majority of their albums.

Nash Diesel
December 16th, 2019, 5:26 PM
Damn, really enjoyed Josh Klinghoffer. Thought their last album wasn't too good, but have enjoyed everything before. My favorite album is the one with Dave Navaro, One Hot Minute, but I very much enjoy a majority of their albums.

The Navarro version of the RHCP was so strange. I think they were trying to be like Jane's Addiction, especially the song "Warped", very Perry Ferell. Then the quasi-homosexual antics that literally only lasted while Dave was in the band. Just odd.

Donald
December 16th, 2019, 5:29 PM
Maybe that says something about me if I really enjoyed that album :lol:

Version 6
December 16th, 2019, 5:29 PM
All the stuff with Frusciante is imo the best RHCP have ever done. His solo stuff is pretty good. I actually heard some weird house style music he was dabbling in awhile back that was interesting.

Yeah, agreed. That stretch between Californication and Stadium Arcadium is my favourite RHCP stuff by far. In fact SA is one of, if not my favourite album of all time.

By the Way a sentimental favourite, because my wife (then girlfriend) and I bonded over that record and it was our first concert together.

Version 6
December 16th, 2019, 5:31 PM

I like "My Friends". And Aeroplane is OK. But I honestly don't care if I never hear OHM ever again. Does nothing for me and doesn't really "feel" like RHCP to me.

Nash Diesel
December 16th, 2019, 5:32 PM

That album has one of my favorite rock songs, "My Friends"

Yeah, agreed. That stretch between Californication and Stadium Arcadium is my favourite RHCP stuff by far. In fact SA is one of, if not my favourite album of all time.

By the Way a sentimental favourite, because my wife (then girlfriend) and I bonded over that record and it was our first concert together.

Nice!! I had a chance to see RHCP and the Foo Fighters awhile back but didn't have anyone to go with so I scrapped it. Had my son been a little bit older I would have just taken him.

Version 6
December 16th, 2019, 5:34 PM

Yeah, I like Josh Klinghoffer but there's only one John Fusciante.

I actually preferred The Getaway to I'm With You. Goodbye Angels, Longest Wave, The Hunter, Dark Necessities, Sick Love... all pretty good tracks. In fact, the first 3 are some of my favourite RHCP tracks of all time.

Other than Rain Dance Maggie, I'm With You just doesn't really leave a lasting impression at all.

Donald
December 17th, 2019, 3:27 PM
Yeah, I like Josh Klinghoffer but there's only one John Fusciante.

I actually preferred The Getaway to I'm With You. Goodbye Angels, Longest Wave, The Hunter, Dark Necessities, Sick Love... all pretty good tracks. In fact, the first 3 are some of my favourite RHCP tracks of all time.

Other than Rain Dance Maggie, I'm With You just doesn't really leave a lasting impression at all.

I'll be honest, I haven't listened to the Getaway an awful lot, mainly because I wasn't a fan of Dark Necessities. I'm With You I listened to a bunch of times and quite enjoy it, especially Look Around

Version 6
December 17th, 2019, 5:47 PM
I forgot about Look Around. I like that track.

Check out the Getaway. Goodbye Angels and Longest Wave inparticular.

Donald
December 17th, 2019, 6:11 PM
I forgot about Look Around. I like that track.

Check out the Getaway. Goodbye Angels and Longest Wave inparticular.

Will listen to this album on my way home from work today :yes:

Rancid_Planet
December 17th, 2019, 10:34 PM
That album has one of my favorite rock songs, "My Friends"

Nice!! I had a chance to see RHCP and the Foo Fighters awhile back but didn't have anyone to go with so I scrapped it. Had my son been a little bit older I would have just taken him.

I saw them on the Californication tour. Black Eyed Peas (pre Fergie), FF and RHCP. Still the best show ive ever seen.

And yeah Josh did well as guitarist for them. Basically doing his best Frusciante impression which wasnt hard for him I'm sure. Theyre close and hes been on some of John's solo albums and of course he was already playing with the band as a 5th member back before John left.

But there is no doubt John is as key to that perfect peppers sound as Flea is.

Donald
December 18th, 2019, 10:36 AM
I saw them on the I'm With You Tour, https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/red-hot-chili-peppers/2012/prudential-center-newark-nj-23dfbc53.html

The acoustics in the building seemed to be off as the sound wasn't very clear, but still enjoyed this show nonetheless.

Nash Diesel
December 18th, 2019, 11:21 AM
I saw them on the Californication tour. Black Eyed Peas (pre Fergie), FF and RHCP. Still the best show ive ever seen.

And yeah Josh did well as guitarist for them. Basically doing his best Frusciante impression which wasnt hard for him I'm sure. Theyre close and hes been on some of John's solo albums and of course he was already playing with the band as a 5th member back before John left.

But there is no doubt John is as key to that perfect peppers sound as Flea is.

That info about Josh I had absolutely no idea about, but I also don't follow the RHCP like I used to when I was younger.

Rancid_Planet
December 18th, 2019, 5:20 PM
That info about Josh I had absolutely no idea about, but I also don't follow the RHCP like I used to when I was younger.

Yeah hopefully since John and Josh are close John wont mind playing some of the better songs from the last couple albums. As he was outspoken about not wanting to play OHM songs when he rejoined back in 97 or 98

Nash Diesel
December 18th, 2019, 6:04 PM
Yeah hopefully since John and Josh are close John wont mind playing some of the better songs from the last couple albums. As he was outspoken about not wanting to play OHM songs when he rejoined back in 97 or 98

I had never heard that so I just went and read a few excerpts from interviews by John, Chad, and Flea. It reminds me of why the Deftones don't play anything off the self titled in the sense that I kept reading from RHCP "We don't feel connected to that record like we do the others".

Deftones were pretty much on the verge of breaking up during the recording of the self-titled. Chino was wanting to go into a different direction than the rest of the band, probably due to Team Sleep creeping up.

And it's funny when you think of the albums since, not very many sound like "Teenager" or "Pink Cellphone" or "Lucky You". It's like almost every album has to have that 1 song like that to please Chino lol. Too much Duran Duran and Depeche Mode growing up I assume.

The Rick
December 28th, 2019, 5:05 AM
So with Knives Out, I saw a plethora of trailers for the movie. I was pretty apathetic about its release when it did come out. Honestly, without my AMC pass I probably wouldn't have seen it at the theater.

So how much is too much advertising? The first teaser for Tenet dropped back in August, but the movie doesn't come out until July of next year. 11 months of trailers. With it being Nolan, I'm probably going to see it, but at a certain point I might just get annoyed with so many trailers between now and the release.

Percussion
December 28th, 2019, 11:22 PM
Never been bothered by trailers.

Morrison
December 29th, 2019, 12:32 AM
So with Knives Out, I saw a plethora of trailers for the movie. I was pretty apathetic about its release when it did come out. Honestly, without my AMC pass I probably wouldn't have seen it at the theater.

So how much is too much advertising? The first teaser for Tenet dropped back in August, but the movie doesn't come out until July of next year. 11 months of trailers. With it being Nolan, I'm probably going to see it, but at a certain point I might just get annoyed with so many trailers between now and the release.

you dont have to watch them.

The Rick
December 29th, 2019, 2:07 AM
you dont have to watch them.

I may not. 👍

Does anyone in here have the Alamo pass? I have the AMC pass, but they don't keep the movie selection that Alamo does.

Fro
December 29th, 2019, 3:42 AM

I don't really care how far in advance trailers come out or the amount of trailers. A trailer can be overly revealing (even if they only release 1 trailer 1 month before the premiere) and that's the problem. With Nolan for example, I feel despite his movies being advertised to high hell he does a good job of not revealing too much in them. With comedies they often reveal too many of the funniest bits.

Donald
December 30th, 2019, 1:32 PM
I may not. 

Does anyone in here have the Alamo pass? I have the AMC pass, but they don't keep the movie selection that Alamo does.

Actually asked about the Alamo pass last weekend, they said they were rolling it here in Raleigh in early 2020. Think I will sign up for it. Love Alamo. It's a 40-50 minute drive though from my house, but I can go on my way home from work.

Chris Scott
January 7th, 2020, 8:46 PM
Finished Godfather of Harlem and loved it and I’m onto episode 6 of Wu-Tang: An American Saga, loving that too.

BigAl
January 7th, 2020, 8:54 PM
Really wanted to see Godfather of Harlem. Looked great.

Chris Scott
January 7th, 2020, 10:28 PM
Get on it, you’ll really enjoy it.

Rancid_Planet
January 7th, 2020, 10:58 PM
Juat started the Witcher.

This is shit is so bad its good then bad again...so I'm waiting for ep 2 before I can tell if I'm going to keep watching.

Fro
January 7th, 2020, 11:21 PM
I don't mean to be racist, but I've been starting on The Good Place and I was 100% sure Tahani was played by the actress who plays CeCe in New Girl, and it turns out they are two different actresses.

Jameela Jamil and Hannah Simone are doppelgangers... or I'm racist?

Nash Diesel
January 8th, 2020, 4:45 PM
Juat started the Witcher.

This is shit is so bad its good then bad again...so I'm waiting for ep 2 before I can tell if I'm going to keep watching.

Keep watching. I'm digging it. I came in cold, had no clue it was a video game until right before it debuted, I didn't even really know what it was going to be about. I love these Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones type movies/shows. Where it's not really a factual historical representation of what it was like 7-800 years ago and you have the magic, the beasts...And you're about to dive in to some titties galore so be prepared.

I don't mean to be racist, but I've been starting on The Good Place and I was 100% sure Tahani was played by the actress who plays CeCe in New Girl, and it turns out they are two different actresses.

Jameela Jamil and Hannah Simone are doppelgangers... or I'm racist?

Fuck no they look like sisters. Am I racist for thinking Giovanni Ribisi and Ethan Embry sort of look the same and I always confuse one for the other? That's why Sneaky Pete was so funny watching that 1st episode I was like, holy shit this is some insider joke shit right here.

What's weird is when people confuse Samuel L Jackson and Laurence Fishburne.

Donald
January 8th, 2020, 5:11 PM
I confuse Sarah Jessica Parker and Mr. Ed.

BigAl
January 8th, 2020, 5:44 PM
Cece from New Girl is my #1.

Nash Diesel
January 9th, 2020, 1:19 PM
I confuse Sarah Jessica Parker and Mr. Ed.

About as tired of a joke as Nash tearing his quad lol. Come on man, she is very attractive. If I see a horse that looks as good as her, I just might take that horse on a nice sugar cube date.

BigAl
January 9th, 2020, 1:21 PM
About as tired of a joke as Nash tearing his quad lol. Come on man, she is very attractive. If I see a horse that looks as good as her, I just might take that horse on a nice sugar cube date.

I don't doubt that people find her attractive but out of the four women on that show she was at best #3.

Fro
January 9th, 2020, 1:23 PM
Which of these are Tahani and which are Cece? :sherlock:

https://telltaletv.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/NUP_186636_0352.jpg
https://a1cf74336522e87f135f-2f21ace9a6cf0052456644b80fa06d4f.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.c om/images/characters_opt/p-New-Girl-Hannah-Simone.jpg
https://lgbtfansdeservebetter.com/static/uploads/2016/09/Cece-Parekh-Hannah-Simone.png
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/8d/3d/39/8d3d39f5025eb54871ec6adc6acd1e73.jpg

BigAl
January 9th, 2020, 1:25 PM
Cece is the second and third pics?

They definitely look a lot alike to me.

Nash Diesel
January 9th, 2020, 1:28 PM
I don't doubt that people find her attractive but out of the four women on that show she was at best #3.

At that time, she was probably #1 for me. Actually she's still #1 out of those 4 for me.

BigAl
January 9th, 2020, 1:32 PM
At that time, she was probably #1 for me. Actually she's still #1 out of those 4 for me.

Yeah she doesn't do it for me at all. But back when that show was on, the brunette was smoking.

Donald
January 9th, 2020, 2:20 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpctKfuJ1bw

Still my favorite YouTube video of all time :lol:

Nash Diesel
January 9th, 2020, 2:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpctKfuJ1bw

Still my favorite YouTube video of all time :lol:

I think most people who call her a "horse face" don't know what a horse looks like. Then again, a lot of videos of women taking a horse's cock so who knows...Not really related but I'm just trying to understand.

And is that a Spongebob instrumental? Sounds like something they play when he's working at the Krusty Krab

Donald
January 9th, 2020, 2:26 PM
I've never seen SpongeBob. I just find the video hilarious, I don't actually think she looks like a horse.

Nash Diesel
January 9th, 2020, 2:48 PM
I've never seen SpongeBob. I just find the video hilarious, I don't actually think she looks like a horse.

Oh dude you're missing out, get you some SpongeBob asap.

BGMaverick
January 10th, 2020, 11:56 AM
If this is a hypothetical fatal 4-way match - Jason Bourne, John Wick, Ethan Hunt, James Bond: is anyone willing to take the field over Wick?

Fro
January 10th, 2020, 12:42 PM
If this is a hypothetical fatal 4-way match - Jason Bourne, John Wick, Ethan Hunt, James Bond: is anyone willing to take the field over Wick?

I would take Bourne based on hand to hand combat skills. Wick relies on his guns too much.

Honey_Badger
January 13th, 2020, 1:42 PM
Not sure where to post this at, but just saw the trailer for Morbuis and wow, it looks amazing.

JP
January 13th, 2020, 1:50 PM
Hang the fudge on, was that Vulture?

Nash Diesel
January 13th, 2020, 4:44 PM
Hang the fudge on, was that Vulture?

Yep Yep. Gotta love the crossover Sony and MCU are going to be doing. Remember, Spidey is simply being loaned to Disney so there is potential for some really cool shit. I've already heard it's all but confirmed the 2 Tom's will be in Venom 2.

BGMaverick
January 13th, 2020, 7:21 PM
I would take Bourne based on hand to hand combat skills. Wick relies on his guns too much.

Wick is pretty good with a pencil.

mth
January 14th, 2020, 1:47 PM
Not sure where to post this at, but just saw the trailer for Morbuis and wow, it looks amazing.

Movie trailer thread:
https://forums.rajah.com/showthread.php?t=152623

I'm gonna go find it on YoutTube and put it up there.

Honey_Badger
January 15th, 2020, 9:29 AM
Movie trailer thread:
https://forums.rajah.com/showthread.php?t=152623

I'm gonna go find it on YoutTube and put it up there.

Thanks dude. I thought that thread existed. I couldn't find it.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
January 16th, 2020, 9:16 AM
Not sure I can see a thread about the DC universe but did anyone else watch the crossover Crisis on Infinite Earths?

Thought it was very good, the best they've done so far.

The Flash meeting move Flash... nice touch.

That Justice League reveal at the end :hyper: ... no idea how they'll continue it on though... :dunno:

Anyway if it's your sort of thing and you can deal with a healthy dose of cheesy drama and a bit of dodgy CGI - I recommend all 5 parts as solid episodes.

BGMaverick
January 21st, 2020, 1:33 PM
The production company for the Bad Boys franchise completely spit the bit here. They ruined a perfectly good title as the one they used for the third movie would be perfect for the presumed fourth movie.

Donald
January 21st, 2020, 3:37 PM
I have yet to see any of the Bad Boys films. Any good?

I'm looking forward to seeing the Gentlemen this weekend.

Nash Diesel
January 21st, 2020, 3:52 PM
Not sure I can see a thread about the DC universe but did anyone else watch the crossover Crisis on Infinite Earths?

Thought it was very good, the best they've done so far.

Anyway if it's your sort of thing and you can deal with a healthy dose of cheesy drama and a bit of dodgy CGI - I recommend all 5 parts as solid episodes.

Fuck I hate quoting posts that have spoiler tags because I always forget they don't stay tagged lol. Luckily all I saw was something about The Flash lol.

I'll unfortunately have to wait for these to hit Netflix. I'm about 2 seasons behind in Supergirl (which out of all of them is fucking lame but I still put myself through it for the love of DC lol), trying to get caught up on the latest season of Legends that's on Netflix as well. I don't really know where the crossovers are happening as I haven't paid much attention and even stopped watching Batwoman just in case.

But I am a big fan of the CW shows. It actually took me awhile, I didn't watch Smallville until the final season and then my best friend who's a Superman fan hooked me up with the other seasons DVD so watch. Never really got into Arrow-but I want to. The Flash was really what sucked me in to this CW DC Universe. Supergirl became way too fucking liberal, when they inserted "and I'm an illegal alien" into the intro I was like....wtf? Legends is probably my favorite.

How's Black Lightning?

Nash Diesel
January 21st, 2020, 3:55 PM
The production company for the Bad Boys franchise completely spit the bit here. They ruined a perfectly good title as the one they used for the third movie would be perfect for the presumed fourth movie.

I have yet to see the new one but the idea for the title "Bad Boys For Life" might have been made with the idea that it was going to be the last one. I don't know if we'll see a 4th film, so to say they "spit the bit" is a serious stretch.

I have yet to see any of the Bad Boys films. Any good?

I'm looking forward to seeing the Gentlemen this weekend.

They're great. I haven't seen the new one, but it's getting a lot of positive reviews from fans, and I think even the turds I mean critics have given it props.

I did watch the Trumpet Awards and saw Martin got a lifetime achievement type award. It was beautiful. They ran through all the hits, the tv show, even showed him in the old House Party movies.

Gentlemen looks awesome!

Donald
January 21st, 2020, 4:00 PM
I have yet to see the new one but the idea for the title "Bad Boys For Life" might have been made with the idea that it was going to be the last one. I don't know if we'll see a 4th film, so to say they "spit the bit" is a serious stretch.

They're great. I haven't seen the new one, but it's getting a lot of positive reviews from fans, and I think even the turds I mean critics have given it props.

I did watch the Trumpet Awards and saw Martin got a lifetime achievement type award. It was beautiful. They ran through all the hits, the tv show, even showed him in the old House Party movies.

Gentlemen looks awesome!

Sony announced a 4th Bad Boys film, to be released in 2021

Nash Diesel
January 21st, 2020, 4:03 PM
Sony announced a 4th Bad Boys film, to be released in 2021

But for BG to put that on anyone responsible for the title of the movie, before the 4th movie was even a thought I assume considering these things don't just get put together a week before the first preview drops....It's a stretch.

That's like shitting on Disney for letting an Avengers movie be called "END GAME" when we know it's not the end.

Bad Boys 4 could easily be titled Bad Boys 4EVER. Give us that 90's shit make Fresh Prince feel at home.

Donald
January 21st, 2020, 4:05 PM
Bad Boys: Watcha Gonna Do When These 24 Inch Pythons Run Wild On You!

Adding of course Hulk Hogan to the team. It will be interesting to see how he interacts with Will Smith and Martin Lawrence, considering the racism accusations against him.

BGMaverick
January 21st, 2020, 4:27 PM
But for BG to put that on anyone responsible for the title of the movie, before the 4th movie was even a thought I assume considering these things don't just get put together a week before the first preview drops....It's a stretch.

That's like shitting on Disney for letting an Avengers movie be called "END GAME" when we know it's not the end.

Bad Boys 4 could easily be titled Bad Boys 4EVER. Give us that 90's shit make Fresh Prince feel at home.

First things first, my comment was partially in jest.
I haven’t seen the movie yet but I’ve read and listened to reviews and everything seems to be positive.
The movie is played out and written out to indicate there were/are more plans going forward so that also indicates that they kind of missed the silly opportunity for word play lol.

Nash Diesel
January 21st, 2020, 4:34 PM
Bad Boys: Watcha Gonna Do When These 24 Inch Pythons Run Wild On You!

Adding of course Hulk Hogan to the team. It will be interesting to see how he interacts with Will Smith and Martin Lawrence, considering the racism accusations against him.

lol.

First things first, my comment was partially in jest.
I haven’t seen the movie yet but I’ve read and listened to reviews and everything seems to be positive.
The movie is played out and written out to indicate there were/are more plans going forward so that also indicates that they kind of missed the silly opportunity for word play lol.

Oh yeah I wasn't meaning that my response was like FUCK YOU BG THINK OF THE PRODUCTION PEOPLES FEELINGS!!!

I'm just saying that there are other options and I can tell you this, if the movie fuckin flopped there for sure wouldn't be a part 4. In this day and age you basically have to leave it to where you could possibly do another.

Donald
January 24th, 2020, 12:52 PM
So they are doing an Oscar showcase at a theater near me soon, and I'm wondering if it's worth going to. They will be showing Ford Vs. Ferrari, Joker, and Little Women on Day 1, and Jojo Rabbit, Once Upon a Time In Hollywood, Parasite, and 1917 on Day 2.

I've already seen Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, and I saw 1917 just last weekend, but I really do want to see Jojo Rabbit and Parasite. Not sure about Joker, and Little Women doesn't seem my thing.

What I think I might do is do Day 1, and do Day 2 but leave after Parasite as I've seen 1917 so recently.

I'm assuming the Irishman and Marriage Story aren't included because they are on Netflix? I'll have to watch those at home.

Nash Diesel
January 29th, 2020, 4:09 PM
I watched Terminator Dark Fate last night. Mixed emotions. Of all the movies I would put it at #4 with T2, T1, Terminator Salvation being the 3 ahead of it.

What I honestly didn't like that kind of fucked the whole movie for me was:

They killed John Connor. The KID version, not even an old Warl Mart greeter version. I was very high on Edward Furlong being in it as announce but it was literally a digital 2pac Coachella thing lol. And to me, killing him off took away from a key element of these movies. Cameron wanting to do this to really come across fresh was weird because that's usually an approach that kills sequels for many fans. I get the approach and have read WHY they did it but it just felt like such a stretch that there was still a Terminator scouring the Earth when we were never made to believe Skynet sent more.

I liked the "terminators" especially Rev 9, holy shit that was dope. Grace was a little over the top but I dug the enhanced soldier approach. The action was slick, Arnold was awesome, excuse me, Carl. Linda Hamilton, super underrated action hero. Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing another movie following this, but I heard it lost about 150 mill so yeah probably not happening.

BGMaverick
January 31st, 2020, 12:57 PM
Reports of a fifth and final Lethal Weapon have surfaced. Gibson, Glover, and Donner are all on board.

BigAl
January 31st, 2020, 1:05 PM
If it doesn't include at least one Joe Pesci rant about whatever, I'm not interested.

Rancid_Planet
February 1st, 2020, 3:51 AM
Reports of a fifth and final Lethal Weapon have surfaced. Gibson, Glover, and Donner are all on board.

All of them.

All.

Are too old for that shit.

Peter Griffin
August 11th, 2020, 5:49 PM
So I have never watched Unbreakable, Spilt or glass and I'm given to understand some other M Night films link into the trilogy, So what is the order to watch all the films?

Percussion
August 11th, 2020, 6:07 PM
'Fresh Prince of Bel-Air' Drama Reboot in the Works (https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/fresh-prince-bel-air-drama-reboot-works-1306799)

The drama series is currently being shopped to streamers and is a co-production between Smith's Westbrook Studios and original producers Universal TV. Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Peacock, Netflix and HBO Max are among the streamers who are bidding on the potential series. HBO Max is the current streaming home for the original series.

Bel-Air is described as an hourlong dramatic retelling of the beloved '90s sitcom that leans into the original premise of Willís complicated journey from the streets of West Philadelphia to the gated mansions of Bel-Air. With a reimagined vision, Bel-Air will dive deeper into the inherent conflicts, emotions and biases of what it means to be a Black man in America today, while still delivering the swagger and fun nods to the original show.

Original series producers Smith, Quincy Jones, Benny Medina as well as creators Andy & Susan Borowitz, are all set to return as exec producers. Chris Collins (The Wire, Crash, Sons of Anarchy) will serve as showrunner, exec producer and is set to co-write the script alongside Cooper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD3ISIM_kU8&feature=emb_logo

Fro
August 13th, 2020, 12:26 PM
so but that trailer isn't a real trailer for the show, right? I mean that trailer came out over a year ago and I believe it was just something someone made as a trailer for its own sake, as a lark. but it may have inspired this new show they're shopping. at least that's how I understand it.

in any event, I was never big on Fresh Prince so my interest in this is low.

Percussion
August 13th, 2020, 1:12 PM
It's not a trailer for the new version, just the same 'fan-made' one from before. But the maker of this trailer is apparently being brought on to be a part of the new series, which is pretty incredible really.

TimeSplitter
August 14th, 2020, 10:20 AM
I know I am late to the party, but I watched Cats last weekend.

it wasn't as bad as people made it sound, but it wasn't good either.

WWXChairman
September 16th, 2020, 10:54 PM
I really think it's time for Ocean's 14.

Fro
September 16th, 2020, 11:39 PM
I really think it's time for Ocean's 14.

The female reboot wasn’t bad but I don’t think we need a 4th entry in the main series. 3 is enough.

Chris Scott
September 17th, 2020, 5:09 AM
Hope you guys have been all over Cobra Kai

WWXChairman
September 17th, 2020, 10:26 PM
The female reboot wasn’t bad but I don’t think we need a 4th entry in the main series. 3 is enough.

I would have agreed with you, but it's been 14 years. I don't think it would over indulgent at all to order another sequel, it's just a universe sitting on the shelf right now.

Spudz Mackenzie
September 18th, 2020, 7:25 AM
They should do Ocean's 14, but have it be George Clooney's crew from the first couple Ocean's movies against the Chick Ocean's crew in a race to heist the same money.

And they should find a way to resurrect the Rat Pack and have Frank Sinatra and the original 11 come in and just steal all the shit from everybody.

And then it turns out that what they're heisting is actually in The Nakatomi Building, some terrorists break in, take hostages, and the collective Oceans 48 or whatever have to fight back.

Remember, Sinatra was going to be in Die Hard, before they cast Bruce Willis.

Spudz Mackenzie
September 18th, 2020, 7:27 AM
I also went a Charlie's Angels where the 2000 Angels -- Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore, and Lucy Liu meet the reboot Angels -- Kristen Stewart and the other two idiots, and they all have an orgy.

And then they eventually go out and fight crime, or something. I dunno. :D

Donald
September 18th, 2020, 7:48 AM
I would have agreed with you, but it's been 14 years. I don't think it would over indulgent at all to order another sequel, it's just a universe sitting on the shelf right now.

But Bernie Mac and Carl Reiner have died, it just wouldn't be the same without them.

WWXChairman
September 18th, 2020, 1:20 PM
True, but they could just do something as an homage to them, have the group say that they are continuing to honor their memory and not try to replace them.

virms
September 20th, 2020, 9:16 PM
I watched Terminator Dark Fate last night. Mixed emotions. Of all the movies I would put it at #4 with T2, T1, Terminator Salvation being the 3 ahead of it.

What I honestly didn't like that kind of fucked the whole movie for me was:

They killed John Connor. The KID version, not even an old Warl Mart greeter version. I was very high on Edward Furlong being in it as announce but it was literally a digital 2pac Coachella thing lol. And to me, killing him off took away from a key element of these movies. Cameron wanting to do this to really come across fresh was weird because that's usually an approach that kills sequels for many fans. I get the approach and have read WHY they did it but it just felt like such a stretch that there was still a Terminator scouring the Earth when we were never made to believe Skynet sent more.

I liked the "terminators" especially Rev 9, holy shit that was dope. Grace was a little over the top but I dug the enhanced soldier approach. The action was slick, Arnold was awesome, excuse me, Carl. Linda Hamilton, super underrated action hero. Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing another movie following this, but I heard it lost about 150 mill so yeah probably not happening.

I finally watched this last night. I will have to disagree with you spoiler tag. I think it set the tone. Definitely a shock and awe moment making you wonder wtf is happening. It also helps set Sarah Conner up to rebecome the bad ass she has always been portrayed as being. She still gets to play a vital role in saving the future and her character gets to progress to a few different levels along the way.

As far as the rest of the film goes it was alright. I think some of the action sequences went a bit over the top with little to no consequences. The entire damn scene for starters but I know you have to suspend your mind for such things.

I would definitely watch if they ventured down the road more. Especially to see just how fucking crazy they can make terminators. :lol:

BigAl
December 7th, 2020, 2:46 PM
WarnerMedia has announced some of their 2021 films will be shown on HBOMAX for a month before they hit theaters, including Wonder Woman 84, Suicide Squad, Dune, and Godzilla vs. Kong. I’m down with this. I don’t know if I’ll see a movie in a theater again for a long, long time. Not just due to Covid, but having two kids makes movie night even more expensive. I’d be willing to pay $20-30 to watch a brand new movie at home, like Prime is already doing. No strangers talking, I can pause it to get to an empty bathroom, AND I can make my own snacks? Yes please.

Pablo Diablo
December 7th, 2020, 2:54 PM
But do you have a giant butter machine for your popcorn?

Fro
December 7th, 2020, 2:56 PM
WarnerMedia has announced some of their 2021 films will be shown on HBOMAX for a month before they hit theaters, including Wonder Woman 84, Suicide Squad, Dune, and Godzilla vs. Kong. I’m down with this. I don’t know if I’ll see a movie in a theater again for a long, long time. Not just due to Covid, but having two kids makes movie night even more expensive. I’d be willing to pay $20-30 to watch a brand new movie at home, like Prime is already doing. No strangers talking, I can pause it to get to an empty bathroom, AND I can make my own snacks? Yes please.

This is major industry news. One correction to what you said: I believe they will be released on HBO Max and in theaters simultaneously, but they will only last for a month on HBO Max (as opposed to you saying they will be on streaming a month prior to being in theaters).

And one question: will these be included in the HBO Max subscription? That seems to be the impression I'm getting, but recall that Disney put their new Mulan on Disney+ but charged $30 to rent it. If HBO Max is putting these all on there with no additional PPV fee, well, that's a pretty good deal for subscribers. Not sure sure how it works out for the studio though.

BigAl
December 7th, 2020, 3:12 PM
This is major industry news. One correction to what you said: I believe they will be released on HBO Max and in theaters simultaneously, but they will only last for a month on HBO Max (as opposed to you saying they will be on streaming a month prior to being in theaters).

And one question: will these be included in the HBO Max subscription? That seems to be the impression I'm getting, but recall that Disney put their new Mulan on Disney+ but charged $30 to rent it. If HBO Max is putting these all on there with no additional PPV fee, well, that's a pretty good deal for subscribers. Not sure sure how it works out for the studio though.

Right, I just read it again and realized I was incorrect. Like you said it’s not 30 BEFORE it has it hits theaters it’s FOR 30 days while it’s also in theaters.

From what I’m reading it is included in the subscription plan, no additional fees are being mentioned or proposed right now. I’m not sure how it works for the studio other than HBO must have paid them to acquire the streaming rights to the films?

BigAl
December 7th, 2020, 3:14 PM
But do you have a giant butter machine for your popcorn?

Real butter + garlic powder + salt + Italian seasoning = garlic bread flavored popcorn. Too messy to eat in the theater but damn good to eat at home.

Pablo Diablo
December 7th, 2020, 3:44 PM
That does sound amazing.

mth
December 7th, 2020, 8:34 PM
Ok, if there's no additional fees, i think I might have to sign back up for HBO Max for WW84 and Suicide Squad, at least...

Bert
December 7th, 2020, 9:26 PM
Ok, if there's no additional fees, i think I might have to sign back up for HBO Max for WW84 and Suicide Squad, at least...

Wonder Woman 1984 is out Christmas day and Suicide Squad is set for August next year.

Fro
December 8th, 2020, 1:00 AM
Now we just need HBO Max to strike a deal with Roku

Bert
December 8th, 2020, 1:46 AM
Now we just need HBO Max to strike a deal with Roku

You should just buy one of the new "Chromecast with Google tv", $50, you can cast to it like the old chromecast, and it has 8gb storage so you can download most apps from the Google play store (including HBO Max) and sideload apps not on the play store like you would with a Firestick. It's the best of both worlds.

I have my TCL Roku tv in my bedroom set up so it just goes to the Chromecast input when I turn it on. I don't miss their app store (that was severely antiquated in the first place) at all.

WWXChairman
December 8th, 2020, 7:50 AM
How many films do you think reference Hitchcock's work? I feel like I'd like to watch films that reference them before I watch the original scenes.

Bert
May 20th, 2021, 2:09 PM
https://youtu.be/Zbdtowum840

Pablo Diablo
May 20th, 2021, 2:11 PM
Nine-Nine

BigAl
May 20th, 2021, 2:18 PM
Can’t wait.

Rancid_Planet
May 20th, 2021, 10:01 PM
Nine nine should never ever end.

WWXChairman
August 24th, 2021, 4:43 PM
It's interesting that movies usually depict rooms as relatively clean, or like they just got new carpeting in.

Bert
February 19th, 2022, 12:35 PM
Walton Goggins is going to play the lead in the Fallout TV show, that sounds great.

Unfortunately the show runners are the people from Westworld so hopefully they can at least give us one good season before it turns to shit.

Bert
March 28th, 2022, 12:50 AM
https://i.imgur.com/Jq7lvtP.jpeg

Will Smith, who is literally a cuck, laughed at the joke Chris Rock told until he realized he should be offended. It's never ok to hit a comedian for telling jokes. He slaps like a bitch and if someone bigger than him told the joke he wouldn't have done it. Also, Bel-Air is trash.

Randolph
March 28th, 2022, 2:07 AM
Will Smith should've been escorted out of the building. Nothing Chris Rock said warranted a slap or a punch and Will screaming obscenities afterward just makes him look like a clown.

Take a joke funnyman.

Donald
March 28th, 2022, 9:46 AM
Will Smith gotta slap comedians to win Oscars, well I don't, so fuck him and fuck you too.

I'm auditioning for Oscar worthy roles. Hope I win next year!

Nash Diesel
March 28th, 2022, 9:59 AM
I was actually blown away for about 3 seconds that they didn't even have security trying to stop him. But then I remembered where this happened.

It is funny that the main clip going around doesn't show Will laughing his ass off. It really was one of those moments that you only see in tv/movies lol. Jada gave him the evil eye like you better not let that man talk to me like that lol.

Over the last year or so I've come to the realization that Jada didn't just date Pac and Will Smith she kept their secret from the world. That's the only reason I can see Will being such a cuck.

VHS
March 28th, 2022, 10:49 AM
Awkward as fuck, that whole thing.

Nash Diesel
March 28th, 2022, 11:18 AM
Over the years there have been those jokes where you're just like damn is this really the place for that?

The only part I'm really not feeling are these 1-2 people I've seen on my FB using this as a means to call out toxic masculinity and how it relates to Chris Rock saying that joke. Chris Rock didn't write the joke, I'm not sure if that fat guy with the He Man haircut is still the MAIN writer but yeah, it's not THAT deep is it?

VHS
March 28th, 2022, 11:44 AM
That joke came from Rock’s head, bro. He’s one of the most famous comedians walking the planet. You think he’s going to let Jimmy from accounting write his jokes at the Oscars? Ha

casselmm47
March 28th, 2022, 11:47 AM
Years of jokes about Will being a cuck and her being a bitch whore wife and how their kids only get anywhere due to nepotism.... and one crack about how her hair's short like when Demi looked hot af with a fresh Marine Basic Training haircut -- THAT'S what it took for the Smith family trainwreck to come off the rails. Even as far as roast-jokes go, that's waaaay on the tame side. Unbelievable.

I miss the days when they'd bust Jack Nicholson's balls when he sat front row center and he'd laugh his ass off because he'd just go home and bang a few 20 year olds on his mattress filled with thousand-dollar-bills.

Donald
March 28th, 2022, 12:20 PM
Isn't GI Jane a movie about female empowerment? Wouldn't being in gi Jane 2 be a complement

Jenova
March 28th, 2022, 1:37 PM
Chris Rock has said WAY worse in his stand up routines. Him going up there and slapping him proves that either he's very thin-skinned, Jada's really got him whipped good or both.

casselmm47
March 28th, 2022, 2:02 PM
That joke came from Rock’s head, bro. He’s one of the most famous comedians walking the planet. You think he’s going to let Jimmy from accounting write his jokes at the Oscars? Ha

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1508439453840379909

Nash Diesel
March 28th, 2022, 2:40 PM

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Educate yourself first before trying to get one over on someone. Oh that's right you're the guy who's damn near 40 pretending he's a videotape.

Jenova
March 28th, 2022, 2:45 PM
That joke came from Rockís head, bro. Heís one of the most famous comedians walking the planet. You think heís going to let Jimmy from accounting write his jokes at the Oscars? Ha

Dude, you can't be this dense?

The Oscars have a team of writers, all the stuff they write are presented on teleprompters.

Nash Diesel
March 28th, 2022, 2:47 PM
VHS Dude this has to be you

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HighlevelEarnestHake-max-1mb.gif

VHS
March 28th, 2022, 3:13 PM
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Educate yourself first before trying to get one over on someone. Oh that's right you're the guy who's damn near 40 pretending he's a videotape.

C'mon, Homeboy. You think Ricky Gervais wrote all that heat he spewed that one time? Try watching the Oscars and come back to me when you have a clue, bro slice.

VHS
March 28th, 2022, 3:14 PM
https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1508439453840379909

Chuck Sklar has been Rock's pseudonym since 1998.

casselmm47
March 28th, 2022, 3:42 PM
Chuck Sklar has been Rock's pseudonym since 1998.

A pseudonym with his own iMDB and Wikipedia pages? Including pictures of a conspicuously white guy?

Nash Diesel
March 28th, 2022, 4:05 PM
VHS

Chuck Sklar was a former writer on The Chris Rock Show.

Not sure what's up with the bullshit homeboy and bro slice talk but I have a feeling.

Donald
March 28th, 2022, 4:06 PM
This is going to end up that VHS is a pseudonym for Nash Diesel, isn't it?

Nash Diesel
March 28th, 2022, 4:07 PM
VHS you give Chris Rock all this credit for a GI Jane II joke toward a bald person in 2022? GOAT level comedian and you think that's the best he could come up with? He even knew the joke tanked before he got the hi 5 to the jaw.

Nash Diesel
March 28th, 2022, 4:08 PM

VHS is a pseudonym for Super Humann

Nash Diesel
March 28th, 2022, 4:31 PM
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/275450870_3218132678427106_4635830787102554167_n.j pg?stp=dst-jpg_p206x206&_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=aee45a&_nc_ohc=hotMpmzMgTcAX8BW_zv&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.xx&oh=03_AVJc0Z5DpWhlBqQtKU0HQWiezA_XDGUP5Wd04TvD_kLn DA&oe=62674411

Donald
March 28th, 2022, 4:44 PM
The Oscars weren't that bad last night. I hadn't seen any of the movies nominated except Encanto, but I didn't see much last year so it makes sense. Thought Encanto was going to win best song but glad Billie Eyelash and Ferb won.

Nash Diesel
March 28th, 2022, 6:27 PM
I wanna meet the ninja who has seen everything nominated. And actually enjoys them all. That movie CODA cost 10 mill to make, barely made a million lol.

Percussion
March 28th, 2022, 7:24 PM
There was a stretch of years (2015-18?) where I saw just about every one of the big nominations - best picture, director, actor, actress, etc - and I enjoyed the vast majority of them greatly..

Randolph
March 28th, 2022, 8:39 PM
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/002/335/839/cbe.jpg

Randolph
March 28th, 2022, 11:03 PM
"Only my wife's boyfriend can make that joke" - Will Smith 2022

Fro
March 29th, 2022, 9:36 AM
That Oscars was truly wild thanks to the slap and then Smith's subsequent acceptance speech. The slap made the acceptance speech the most must-watch Oscars moment that I can remember. Of course if you weren't watching or on social media in that half hour span then you wouldn't have known to tune in. Rock's joke was of moderate poor taste due to Jada's alopecia, but it certainly wasn't assault worthy. Will Smith is unhinged to some extent. He still seems to be keeping it together and I don't expect a full meltdown but it wouldn't surprise me. For him to do that is pretty nuts since it could have easily gone a different way and he could have been escorted out prior to winning his award which would have been an epic epic disaster for himself personally and his career. He really risked it all. I want to see Rock perform in Boston this week but it's sold out and second hand tickets are going for about $250 minimum (not sure if that rose after the slap, but I imagine it did).

ANYWAY.... the Oscars themselves were pretty brutal in terms of production. I like Amy and I like Wanda, but having 3 hosts is dumb. Either of them could have been a satisfactory host on their own (not saying either are great choices, but they're both fine). The only time I like having multiple hosts is if they're a pre-established comedic team (like Tina and Amy, or Steve Martin and Martin Short).

The musical acts take up way too much of the event. I don't mind 1 or 2 musical performances. Billie was good. Having every best song nominee perform is ridiculous. I would have done 2 performances: Billie, and maybe the cast of West Side Story could do a song. That's it. There's no point in having Beyonce perform a song that only plays during the credits of a movie. If it's just a credits song it's not really part of the movie. This isn't the Grammy's - and soundtrack songs are such a miniscule part of movie making.

_me
March 29th, 2022, 9:41 AM
Years of jokes about Will being a cuck and her being a bitch whore wife and how their kids only get anywhere due to nepotism.... and one crack about how her hair's short like when Demi looked hot af with a fresh Marine Basic Training haircut -- THAT'S what it took for the Smith family trainwreck to come off the rails. Even as far as roast-jokes go, that's waaaay on the tame side. Unbelievable.

I miss the days when they'd bust Jack Nicholson's balls when he sat front row center and he'd laugh his ass off because he'd just go home and bang a few 20 year olds on his mattress filled with thousand-dollar-bills.
That is the whole point. He and his family have been made fun by the public for years at this point. We all know it and so does Will. It is one thing for people to make jokes in their personal lives. But to make fun of them in front of the entire world in what should have been the best night of Will's careers is a different ballgame. I am sure he was thinking "Even here?" because remember Regina Hall made a crack about their 'open' marriage at the beginning of the show too.

It was the straw that broke the camel's back…

_me
March 29th, 2022, 9:45 AM
I also feel like people are glossing over the fact that people very often lie about medical conditions. It is completely possible Jada has something other than alopecia and is just using that to explain her hair loss. That is why I don't think you make jokes about medical conditions. Zero upside. Plenty of other things to make fun of.

Comedy is about punching up, not punching down. And making fun of people's medical problems is punching down.

Fro
March 29th, 2022, 9:58 AM
Ricky Gervais's Golden Globes monologues are still king. I hope he does it again some day.

casselmm47
March 29th, 2022, 10:01 AM
That is the whole point. He and his family have been made fun by the public for years at this point. We all know it and so does Will. It is one thing for people to make jokes in their personal lives. But to make fun of them in front of the entire world in what should have been the best night of Will's careers is a different ballgame. I am sure he was thinking "Even here?" because remember Regina Hall made a crack about their 'open' marriage at the beginning of the show too.

It was the straw that broke the camel's back…

Insert the 'This your first time?" meme here. They're the ones who put their shit out in public, and here they are butthurt over a couple of zingers that would have been otherwise done and forgotten in a couple days if not sooner. Now people are going to remmeber this more than most anything else. Hell, you're not finding much coverage of the actual winnerss from last night to the exclsuion of The Slap.
Hosts are notoriously jokey-jokey towards the nominees. Billy Crystal made a fat-kid joke to Jonah Hill when he was up for Moneyball, for example. The jokes are just meant to be playful zings, but from the criticism of Rock you'd think people don't know the difference between friendly ball-busting and a full-blown Roast. The GI Jane crack was tame compared to Hall's earlier comment. Maybe Will shoulda gone up and pimphanded her for it? Rock supposedly wasn't familiar with her condition, and frankly, with the short cropped hairstyles she's sported thru the years, I would've thought it was her just trying to rock the bald look. If anyone really wants to bust on her for her 'condition', the conditions they should concentrate on are her malignant narcissism and her RBF.

Donald
March 29th, 2022, 10:20 AM
Can't believe there are people defending Will and Jada.

_me
March 29th, 2022, 10:23 AM
And Hill was clearly upset by the joke.

If anyone really wants to bust on her for her 'condition', the conditions they should concentrate on are her malignant narcissism and her RBF
That is completely fair game to me. Making fun a celebrity's ego is completely above board and there are always tons of options.

_me
March 29th, 2022, 10:27 AM
Can't believe there are people defending Will and Jada.
I am not defending Will. He was wrong. I just understand his actions because many other people would react the same way. Many, many, many people have zero sense of humor about their families, especially their wives. One of the few times in my life I ever saw my father get angry is when someone made fun of his wife/my mother. He went from 0 to 100 immediately.

Donald
March 29th, 2022, 10:29 AM
I meant people like Tiffany Haddish and Jayden Smith.

_me
March 29th, 2022, 10:36 AM
I meant people like Tiffany Haddish and Jayden Smith.
Cool.

I think you can explain WHY Will did it rather easily. But there is no excuse that makes it him right. He was 1000% wrong.

Donald
March 29th, 2022, 10:42 AM
I think Will and Jada can be offended, but maybe talk to Chris privately after the event.

_me
March 29th, 2022, 10:47 AM
Or even just walk out and leave if you are that irate. I don't think a private talk does much; if you feel like your family was just embarrassed on national TV, a calm discussion off the air hours later doesn't really solve that problem.

I have seen people bring up the hypothetical: What if Will never leaves the stage but still yells "Keep my wife's name out your fucking mouth"? I think public opinion is with Will on that one…

casselmm47
March 29th, 2022, 11:13 AM
A cold glare from the two of them would have sufficed. Either way, after showing Will laughing at the quip at first, it still would have been incredibly bizarre and not a good look for him to go into any type of histrionics, even if he was still just yelling from his seat.

_me
March 29th, 2022, 11:21 AM
The laughing thing doesn't mean much to me. That was just polite laughter that everyone in large crowds does. You laugh at the pauses, not the actual joke. The joke wasn't funny so there was no reason for everyone to be laughing at all.

The best answer would have been to call Rock out in his acceptance speech.

Nash Diesel
March 29th, 2022, 11:39 AM
There was a stretch of years (2015-18?) where I saw just about every one of the big nominations - best picture, director, actor, actress, etc - and I enjoyed the vast majority of them greatly..

Of course you did. I can always count on you!

Nash Diesel
March 29th, 2022, 11:40 AM
Jada put the Academy on blast because she's never had a career worth a damn beyond Demon Knight. So I'm not shocked they had the black comedian pump that jab at her but again...It's 2022 and GI Jane 2 is the best they came up with???? Anytime a woman shaves her head=GI Jane. Jada's been called GI Jane for probably 20+ years lol.

VHS
March 29th, 2022, 11:45 AM

Emooootional damage.

Donald
March 29th, 2022, 11:46 AM
Jada put the Academy on blast because she's never had a career worth a damn beyond Demon Knight. So I'm not shocked they had the black comedian pump that jab at her but again...It's 2022 and GI Jane 2 is the best they came up with???? Anytime a woman shaves her head=GI Jane. Jada's been called GI Jane for probably 20+ years lol.

V for Vendetta 2

Nash Diesel
March 29th, 2022, 12:28 PM
V for Vendetta 2

I'll never forget the story of Natalie Portman getting pulled over and her blaming it on the fact she had a shaved head.

Bert
March 29th, 2022, 12:42 PM
https://i.imgur.com/SLyslnl.jpeg

_me
March 29th, 2022, 1:16 PM
I guess Bert should be worried too…

Donald
March 29th, 2022, 2:01 PM
I'll be slapped after every post.

_me
March 29th, 2022, 2:48 PM
Hopefully not every post for me but at least 90% I'm sure.

Nash Diesel
March 29th, 2022, 4:19 PM
Amy Schumer and Chelsea Handler are two people that I can't stand but there's a little weird hotness going on there. Amy Schumer's biggest negative these days is acting like she's the first woman to get pregnant, gain weight, etc. All jokes aside as I know she didn't actually say that shit in the meme, but if you add up all her hilarious pussy jokes she'd be getting slapped up like a ho in the 70's

Bert
March 29th, 2022, 10:52 PM
https://i.imgur.com/SjDT6Rm.jpeg

Fro
March 29th, 2022, 11:12 PM
Changing topics here but Ezra Miller (The Flash in the DCEU) has gone nuts in Hawaii.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/hawaii-couple-files-temporary-restraining-015630682.html

Donald
March 30th, 2022, 2:19 PM
https://people.com/health/bruce-willis-has-aphasia-stepping-away-from-acting/

Bert
March 30th, 2022, 4:03 PM
Redlettermedia were saying they thought he had dementia because he's made like 11 straight to VOD movies and he always either has an earpiece in to be fed lines or barely speaks the whole movie.

WWXChairman
March 31st, 2022, 10:16 AM
Daniel Handler's 'Adverbs' might sound bad on paper, but the parts that are good are really good.

Nash Diesel
March 31st, 2022, 11:51 AM
Redlettermedia were saying they thought he had dementia because he's made like 11 straight to VOD movies and he always either has an earpiece in to be fed lines or barely speaks the whole movie.

Take that for what it's worth. I mean, Nicolas Cage has been in like 15 and there was a recent one where I think he had zero lines. I never even heard the part about the earpiece until last night. Makes you wonder how many actors do that in general? It's no different than artists having an earpiece in feeding them the song so they're on time, don't forget the lyrics, etc. Better than the teleprompter era.

Bruce Willis is incredible. His best movie imo was Unbreakable. I'll have to watch Glass and see if he barely talks because I seem to remember him having quite a bit of dialogue for an actor that's never been too wordy as it is.

Bert
March 31st, 2022, 3:13 PM
Someone said he had a hood up the whole movie so he could have had an earpiece in. I've blocked out Glass, the movie was too long and fucking awful, so I can't remember.

Donald
March 31st, 2022, 4:02 PM
You watched Glass because it has ass in the title.

Nash Diesel
March 31st, 2022, 6:23 PM
Someone said he had a hood up the whole movie so he could have had an earpiece in. I've blocked out Glass, the movie was too long and fucking awful, so I can't remember.

Which movie are you talking about?

Glass was awesome. Funny you blocked it out, you can't remember, but it was too long and fucking awful?

That sounds like one of those parents who forget their kid/dog are in the car when it's 100 degrees out while they go to work for 9 hours.

Bert
March 31st, 2022, 8:16 PM
Which movie are you talking about?

Glass was awesome. Funny you blocked it out, you can't remember, but it was too long and fucking awful?

That sounds like one of those parents who forget their kid/dog are in the car when it's 100 degrees out while they go to work for 9 hours.

Rotten tomatoes doesn't always get it right but 36% sounds about right. It's 2 hours 9 minutes and should be an hour and a half. Maybe my expectations were just too high after loving Split.

VHS
March 31st, 2022, 9:30 PM
https://people.com/health/bruce-willis-has-aphasia-stepping-away-from-acting/

Hella sad face over this. :(

WWXChairman
April 1st, 2022, 6:34 AM
You watched Glass because it has ass in the title.

I watched it because it had “Gl” in the title. Remember Gladiator? No bad film has “gl” in the title.

Nash Diesel
April 1st, 2022, 10:15 AM
Rotten tomatoes doesn't always get it right but 36% sounds about right. It's 2 hours 9 minutes and should be an hour and a half. Maybe my expectations were just too high after loving Split.

Ah yeah sounds about right because it agrees with you lol

Also, what movie were you talking about where he wears a hood the whole time?

WWXChairman
April 4th, 2022, 2:40 PM
Nicolas Cage does not play the same character in every movie. I fail to understand how anyone can even make that argument.

Nash Diesel
April 5th, 2022, 3:09 PM
Nicolas Cage does not play the same character in every movie. I fail to understand how anyone can even make that argument.

Yeah on one hand I can somewhat see those arguments but they don't make any sense. They're casting these people for specific traits they bring to the table. Christopher Walken for example. He has been delivering lines the same way for 40-50 years.

Adam Sandler gets hit with the whole "He plays the same character!" Does he? Good for him he's a fuckin millionaire and so are all his friends and their friends are rich too lol. The one guy Dante, same dude in all those movies, probably has a nice house.

Even Johnny Depp. Every role he's played there's a little element of him in it. There's a reason they cast him for these roles because there's something he adds to every role he's in that he adds every single time. Robert Downey Jr has been the same guy since Weird Science.

VHS
April 5th, 2022, 5:08 PM

His work in Mandy is some of his best recent work. Movie is insanity, but damn it's good.

WWXChairman
April 10th, 2022, 6:59 PM
I feel like as he gets older, all of the memes about him will be less and less true of the current day version.

BGMaverick
April 28th, 2022, 10:46 AM
Doesn't sound like things are moving smoothly for the Fast Finale
Justin Lin's 'Fast X' Exit: Universal in Costly Race to Replace Him - Variety (https://variety.com/2022/film/news/justin-lin-fast-x-director-replacement-vin-diesel-1235243019/)

Tyson
April 28th, 2022, 10:06 PM
Doesn't sound like things are moving smoothly for the Fast Finale
Justin Lin's 'Fast X' Exit: Universal in Costly Race to Replace Him - Variety (https://variety.com/2022/film/news/justin-lin-fast-x-director-replacement-vin-diesel-1235243019/)

Damn. Vin and his ego about to torpedo this finale, isn’t he?

Bert
May 4th, 2022, 9:24 AM
Some psycho tried to attack Dave Chappelle with a replica gun that functioned as a real knife and he tackled Dave but was then swarmed by security. Dave jokes that he's been doing this for 35 years and he finally got to stomp someone backstage which he's always wanted to do, that it was actually a trans man who attacked him, and Chris Rock came on stage and said "was that Will Smith?" Dave wasn't injured in the attack.

Fro
May 4th, 2022, 11:05 AM
Some psycho tried to attack Dave Chappelle with a replica gun that functioned as a real knife and he tackled Dave but was then swarmed by security. Dave jokes that he's been doing this for 35 years and he finally got to stomp someone backstage which he's always wanted to do, that it was actually a trans man who attacked him, and Chris Rock came on stage and said "was that Will Smith?" Dave wasn't injured in the attack.

I'm glad they fucked him up and broke his arm or whatever. Not to be pro-violence but when you go on stage to attack the performer you deserve to get fucked up, and it's a good deterrent to anyone else who might want to try it. Of course now comedians will need to ramp up security and feel more on edge about this kind of thing, which sucks.

Nash Diesel
May 4th, 2022, 12:52 PM
Side note despite how happy it would make Bert that it was a trans man, we don't know that for certain. Every single report I read said that Dave JOKINGLY claimed it was a trans man.

Regardless...While this is absolutely nothing new in the world of comedy (Great videos on YT over the last 10+ years of this shit), you don't go after Dave Chappelle and not expect something bad to happen to you.

Nash Diesel
May 4th, 2022, 12:53 PM
Let's not lump together Will Smith, TI, and a random fan together. Again, comedians have been heckled and jumped since the dawn of time. Will Smith just reminded people lol.

Fro
May 4th, 2022, 1:38 PM
I don't think it was a trans man based on the description/photos of him but yea we don't know for certain. His name is out there and I haven't heard anyone say he is trans, so I think not. Chappelle is getting criticized for making the "it was a trans man" joke, and I do wish he would cool it with the trans stuff, but whatever it's not some horrible joke in my opinion given the context. The below tweet has the best footage of the incident:

https://twitter.com/Glock_Topickz/status/1521847178045673476?s=20&t=JKMoSZEHOuTcNRj5RM3z3g

Nash Diesel
May 4th, 2022, 1:45 PM
I don't think it was a trans man based on the description/photos of him but yea we don't know for certain. His name is out there and I haven't heard anyone say he is trans, so I think not. Chappelle is getting criticized for making the "it was a trans man" joke, and I do wish he would cool it with the trans stuff, but whatever it's not some horrible joke in my opinion given the context. The below tweet has the best footage of the incident:

https://twitter.com/Glock_Topickz/status/1521847178045673476?s=20&t=JKMoSZEHOuTcNRj5RM3z3g

He's not trans. It was Chappelle jokingly saying he was.

Fro
May 4th, 2022, 1:55 PM
He's not trans. It was Chappelle jokingly saying he was.

It was for sure a joke, no doubt about that. But given Chappelle's controversy with the trans community (hence his joke), it wouldn't be shocking if that was the motivation for the assault. As I said, I don't think he is trans but maybe he is LGBTQ, whether trans or gay or whatever. Anyway this is all just speculation. The assault could have nothing to do with LGBTQ stuff, or it could. Maybe we'll find out in due time.

And in any event it doesn't justify the assault, but the motivation could potentially become a big part of the story if it's something like that.

Nash Diesel
May 4th, 2022, 2:03 PM
It was for sure a joke, no doubt about that. But given Chappelle's controversy with the trans community (hence his joke), it wouldn't be shocking if that was the motivation for the assault. As I said, I don't think he is trans but maybe he is LGBTQ, whether trans or gay or whatever. Anyway this is all just speculation. The assault could have nothing to do with LGBTQ stuff, or it could. Maybe we'll find out in due time.

And in any event it doesn't justify the assault, but the motivation could potentially become a big part of the story if it's something like that.

People are crazy as fuck especially when it comes to celebrities.

Bert
May 4th, 2022, 4:21 PM
I was saying that he joked about everything I mentioned. Trans man, always wanted to stomp someone out, and then Chris Rock joked that it was Will Smith. They're all jokes, from comedians.

Donald
May 5th, 2022, 9:17 AM
People are crazy as fuck especially when it comes to celebrities.

People are crazy as fuck in general.

Fro
May 5th, 2022, 9:27 AM
The attacker was MAGA.

Bert
May 5th, 2022, 10:06 AM
He yelled this is MAGA country?

Donald
May 6th, 2022, 7:44 AM
How can you make America great again, when it's never been great?

Bert
May 6th, 2022, 8:33 AM
Love it or leave it, commie.

Donald
May 6th, 2022, 9:13 AM
I can't think it's just ok? Why does it always have to one extreme or the other?

Nash Diesel
May 13th, 2022, 9:09 AM
Happy Friday the 13th!

I'm going to bust out the box set of Friday the 13th THE TV SERIES and then later on watch the classic Friday the 13th pt 3.
Donald I know you'll be watching something related to Jason Voorhees at the least.

Donald
May 13th, 2022, 9:45 AM
Searched streaming apps and all I could find was the Friday the 13th remake and freddy vs. Jason, so I watched the remake this morning. It's just a terrible film lol. Tonight we are going to an outdoor screening of the original, but it looks like it's going to storm today so it might be canceled. If it is, I'll have to dig the box set out and watch it at home.

Nash Diesel
May 13th, 2022, 11:50 AM
Searched streaming apps and all I could find was the Friday the 13th remake and freddy vs. Jason, so I watched the remake this morning. It's just a terrible film lol. Tonight we are going to an outdoor screening of the original, but it looks like it's going to storm today so it might be canceled. If it is, I'll have to dig the box set out and watch it at home.

Hulu used to have quite a few but it doesn't look like it. I only own a couple. 3, 5, and Jason Goes To Hell. But those 3 are pretty fucking good. I wish I had Manhattan. Kane Hodder, by far the best Jason.

Donald
May 13th, 2022, 12:29 PM
I've got a blu ray box set with all 12 films, it was the steel box collection released maybe 10-12 years ago. I also have a DVD collection of the first 8 films, and I'm fairly certain I've got all the individual movies over DVD and Blu Ray.

VI is my favorite by far, and I also love VII and Manhattan. Jason X is pretty good as well. I like them all but Freddy vs. Jason and the remake are pretty bad, though I saw Freddy vs. Jason 4 times in the theaters when it came out and loved it then. Time hasn't been kind to it.

Rancid_Planet
May 14th, 2022, 3:43 PM
My favorite is 6.

BigAl
May 15th, 2022, 8:07 AM
The more I hear about the Grey Man movie on Netflix, the more I’m getting excited about it. Absolutely fantastic series of books.

It’s directed by the Russos and Chris Evans is the bad guy. He said in a recent interview that he tried to do everything the opposite of what Captain America would do. The Russos said they see this movie being the start of a new universe of films, that there are nine big action sequences, and that they used The Winter Soldier as the inspiration for the film. So hyped.

Nash Diesel
May 16th, 2022, 10:03 AM
I've got a blu ray box set with all 12 films, it was the steel box collection released maybe 10-12 years ago. I also have a DVD collection of the first 8 films, and I'm fairly certain I've got all the individual movies over DVD and Blu Ray.

VI is my favorite by far, and I also love VII and Manhattan. Jason X is pretty good as well. I like them all but Freddy vs. Jason and the remake are pretty bad, though I saw Freddy vs. Jason 4 times in the theaters when it came out and loved it then. Time hasn't been kind to it.

Yikes lol.

I'm sad that movie was ever even made. I think the anticipation over the years made the expectations way too high. I hated that they purposely strayed from Kane Hodder because the director wanted Jason to have sad eyes.......I also heard PINK was supposed to be in it but had to go on tour so *insert Kelly Rowland*

I hated the Jason Mewes wannabe. But the fight scene with Freddy and Jason was dope, the kills minus the fake guy in the cornfields were really really good. Expectation was just too high. I was hoping for something a little more darker and this was something you'd see SyFy channel put together. Even the cast. Where was the budget to get some of the people from the Freddy/Jason universe? No Alice???

Donald
May 17th, 2022, 9:28 AM
Yikes lol.

I'm sad that movie was ever even made. I think the anticipation over the years made the expectations way too high. I hated that they purposely strayed from Kane Hodder because the director wanted Jason to have sad eyes.......I also heard PINK was supposed to be in it but had to go on tour so *insert Kelly Rowland*

I hated the Jason Mewes wannabe. But the fight scene with Freddy and Jason was dope, the kills minus the fake guy in the cornfields were really really good. Expectation was just too high. I was hoping for something a little more darker and this was something you'd see SyFy channel put together. Even the cast. Where was the budget to get some of the people from the Freddy/Jason universe? No Alice???

It was all hype. I remember following the making of the movie before it was ever released, and being so hyped. I was a massive Jason fan back then. Freddy was alright, but man Jason was just awesome. I saw Jason X a couple of times in the theater too. Just greatness.

But yeah, the acting was pretty bad, the story was weak. I'm just thankful we never got more crossovers, like Ash vs. Chucky or Leprechaun vs. Pinhead.

Nash Diesel
May 17th, 2022, 10:11 AM
It was all hype. I remember following the making of the movie before it was ever released, and being so hyped. I was a massive Jason fan back then. Freddy was alright, but man Jason was just awesome. I saw Jason X a couple of times in the theater too. Just greatness.

But yeah, the acting was pretty bad, the story was weak. I'm just thankful we never got more crossovers, like Ash vs. Chucky or Leprechaun vs. Pinhead.

The problem for me is that I had older friends with internet in the 90's and they would be on these fansites where supposed leaked scripts and ideas were being posted. I remember one story that Jason and Freddy were pawns in a game of chess in Hell between the Devil and someone else. I remember hearing Alice and Tommy were going to team up.

I was glad Robert Englund was able to play Freddy, wasn't a fan of him wearing a mask. It is a cool piece of trivia that Rey Mysterio was the stunt double, despite being about half the size of Freddy lol.

Disagree on the crossovers comment. I wanted to see more. Imagine Ash v. Leatherface lol. I actually own a comic called Freddy v. Jason v. Ash. Wild right??

Donald
May 17th, 2022, 10:17 AM
I think Ronny Yu directing helped build up the hype, because Bride of Chucky was fucking awesome, though I saw it more recently and it wasn't as good as I remembered.

Imagine Cabin in the Woods, but instead of rip off characters in the cubes, you had actual Pinhead, Chucky, Leprechaun :lol: That scene would have been even better.

Nash Diesel
May 17th, 2022, 2:53 PM
I think Ronny Yu directing helped build up the hype, because Bride of Chucky was fucking awesome, though I saw it more recently and it wasn't as good as I remembered.

Imagine Cabin in the Woods, but instead of rip off characters in the cubes, you had actual Pinhead, Chucky, Leprechaun :lol: That scene would have been even better.

Yeah Bride of Chucky didn't age well but I didn't really care for any of the Chucky movies after 2. Bottomline, Freddy v. Jason had serious potential but maybe if it was made right after New Nightmare. Jason Goes To Hell and New Nightmare came out around the same time I think (93/94). Both incredible movies, I'm glad New Nightmare is the last in the Englund series because it's arguably the best.

That 10 year gap and some weak installments of Friday the 13th didn't do this movie any favors imo.

That would be cool, especially if we still got the dad from Step Brothers.