PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Bad

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RockOverBoston
February 9th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Chances are, with all of the critical acclaim this series is garnering, many of you have heard quite a bit about it in recent weeks. In an ideal world, many of you would already be watching it. Since many of you likely aren't, however, here's a brief synopsis.

Walter White (portrayed in stunningly convincing fashion by Bryan Cranston, best known as the bumbling father on "Malcolm In The Middle") is a chemistry teacher. He's got a son with cerebral palsy, a pregnant wife, and financial problems so big that he's got to supplement his teacher's income with a second job at a car wash. Just as things can't get any worse, he's diagnosed with terminal lung cancer, which sends him to the brink of a full-blown midlife crisis. Fearing for the financial future of his family, and rich with some new knowledge of the seedy underground of drug distribution he gained from his DEA brother-in-law, he puts his chemists' mind to criminal use, as he begins cooking and distributing meth with a ne'er-do-well former student.

The show has been most often compared to some sort of combination of "Fargo" and the Showtime series "Weeds"; a lofty comparison to be sure, but a truly warranted one at that. Cranston's performance in this role cannot be lauded enough. Much like a Tony Soprano, a Vic Mackey or damned near anyone on "OZ", Walter White is a "bad guy" who you find yourself pulling for because underneath the surface, there's an awful lot more to the picture than meets the eye. It's a very busy show, and as side stories continue to develop, much like a drug itself, it'll hook you upon the first taste.

The only problem with this program - and in my opinion, it's a fairly big one - is that it airs on AMC, who use the same level of overediting this program "for time and content" as they do with the movies that they broadcast. However, unedited episodes of the show are available OnDemand and on iTunes, and they do contain some fairly good, in some cases fairly important scenes and character development that AMC just won't show.

This show is just getting started, and it's already this good. In fact, it may very well be the best show on TV not named "The Wire" that's currently airing - and that'd be true writer's strike or not, and it's truly on the same level as "The Wire".

New episodes air on Sunday nights at 10 on AMC, and they're replaying the first 2 episodes fairly frequently. Get on this one at the ground floor, gang; you will not be disappointed.

N.E.R.F.
February 9th, 2008, 12:36 PM
What kind of cerebral policy does his son adhere to?

NMK
February 9th, 2008, 12:41 PM
"Fuck you and fuck your eyebrows!"

RockOverBoston
February 9th, 2008, 12:45 PM
What kind of cerebral policy does his son adhere to?

Oh man, that's pretty fucking bad. Brain fart. Funny one, though.

Morrison
February 9th, 2008, 5:53 PM
I heard Bryan Cranston on the Ron and Fez Show right after it premiered and he it peaked my interest, so I've been watching it OnDemand each week. It's a terrific show, just wish it was on HBO.

Peter Pan
February 9th, 2008, 6:46 PM
I love the show. I didn't get into Mad Men on AMC, but I'm really enjoying this series thus far.

TapOut
March 17th, 2008, 2:50 AM
It is fantastic. I agree with ROB in that the major downfall is the network. What a shame.

About iTunes though.. I have two episodes and I think they are in fact edited... not sure what's up with that.

The writing on this show is really phenomenal. Cranston is fucking brilliant. On the second episode, when he went to kill that guy in the basement and the guy moved and he got scared.... that was such a great moment of acting.

RockOverBoston
March 17th, 2008, 9:07 AM
One of the more disappointing season finales in recent memory, really, especially if you're a fan of cliffhangers. Or even appreciate their value. Or if you like something whatsoever to talk about between seasons.

There's setup for the next season, sure, but not in the way I'd like to have seen, and this was a show screaming for unresolved issiues to have been pushed to the forefront in its final hour. Without spoiling anything, it seems that none really were.

Compare this to, say, the second "Weeds" season finale solely because these are shows that are similar in premise, and this fell way, way short.

I'll watch again when this show comes back, but I'm not exactly chomping at the bit for new episodes, as I probably should be.

virms
March 17th, 2008, 1:50 PM
Haven't seen the season finale, but fell into this show the other day and have fallen in love. Bryan Cranston is just down right amazing in this. In fact, it was half way through the first episode before I even recognized it was him. He is that fucking good in this.

I am on episode 7 and as I type this I have no idea how many eps are in the first season, but I am hoping for at least 3 more.

EDIT: Fuck sake. Only 7 episodes? How the hell could that have been a season finale? Still a damn good show with oodles of promise.

Myles
March 17th, 2008, 6:01 PM
Good show, I have seen the first 4 or so, and will probably download the rest.

I get the weeds comparison and everything, but this show definatly seems much darker. Weeds is a bit of a downer, but it is in a funny way, from what I have seen of this show it seems a little more serious.

TapOut
March 17th, 2008, 6:47 PM
The season finale was definitely dissapointing, but that's because the writer's strike put a cap on the show getting a proper season finale. I think episode 7 was intended to be just another episode.

It may end up being for the better as I can't imagine such a brilliant show not continuing with that type of a finale.

RockOverBoston
August 7th, 2008, 3:55 PM
Bumped for our friends in the UK, as it's about to start airing there...

I didn't get into Mad Men on AMC

I'm re-watching Season 1 now and on second viewing it becomes apparant that Mad Men has to be given a few episodes to develop all of the major characters - the first episode, for example, really was just a grand scale introduction to Don with little hints about the other characters. I can see why people weren't hooked on the first episode, but once you get to the third or 4th, you really ought to be fully hooked. I'm a huge fan of Breaking Bad, but I pretty firmly believe that Mad Men is the better show.

Also, TapOut's right -- that "season finale" was, in fact, a final episode only as a result of the writer's strike...so I suppose that'd actually make Season 2 Season 1 1/2.

Seanny One Ball
August 7th, 2008, 5:24 PM
Sounds braw, will be watching out for it on FX when it starts airing....unless it's a worknight but FX is reliable in it's repeat policy.

TapOut
February 20th, 2009, 12:39 AM
New season starts March 8, can hardly wait. I've watched the first seven episodes quite a few times now. Cranston is a fuck of an actor... I'm not sure how I'd feel about the series if the lead actor wasn't so convincing.

virms
February 20th, 2009, 12:44 AM
Fuck yes. Can't wait for this as it is a brilliant show with one of the best lead actors on television.

BabyBooboo
March 5th, 2009, 4:40 AM
I just watched all 7 episodes for the first time yesterday and today. And :eek: , just mind-blowing shit. Can't wait to see more on Sunday.

Fro
March 5th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Fuck. Yes.

I want to re-watch before this starts up again. Brilliant show.

Morrison
March 5th, 2009, 4:17 PM
They had all the episodes up OnDemand the last time i checked, so hopefully i'll be able to finish up what i missed this weekend before the new season starts.

BabyBooboo
March 7th, 2009, 2:29 AM
I don't know if this is already a foregone conclusion but:

Was Gretchin the girl in the flashback scene where they were breaking down the human body?

TapOut
March 9th, 2009, 2:04 AM
Damn, what a fucking excellent return for this show. I mean seriously, that is one of the best episodes of TV I've seen in a long while, LOST, 24 and anything else included.

The absurdity of this story blended with the realism of it all just gives it a one of a kind vibe. It's amazing how you can read the plot of the show and think of how dumb it sounds, yet when you watch it it's as believable as any other drama, perhaps even more so. This show is perfectly cast, especially Walt, Skyler and Hank. The wife is being fucked over from all angles (figuratively and literally, it seems)... her husband is acting weird, he's inflicted with cancer, their son is disabled, she's pregnant, her sister almost got her arrested... and Walt continues digging himself into a deeper hole. And damn... after Skyler was done breaking down and vented her frustration, Hank just says 'You want me to take a look at that utility closet" or something to that effect, which just makes you crack up. I don't know if any series has ever mixed comedy with drama like that before.

This was a perfect episode. It's a shame this couldn't have been the season 1 finale. But since it wasn't, it sure as hell was a damn fine season opener.

Yeah, I"m not going to ramble on about how much I love this show, but I sincerely hope anyone who hasn't seen this series who crosses this thread will watch it. It's only 8 episodes in, so start now.

*Shit... I just realized it's been almost a year since I saw the first run.. time flies.

blackening
March 9th, 2009, 10:53 PM
I agree, it was a really good episode.

I agree that the show sounds over the top, but when you watch it, you really get into it.

The sex part in the kitchen was pretty weird.

I was on the edge of my seat toward the end. Like when Walter opened the bathroom door with a gun in his hand and when he saw the car lights through the window.

You can't help but feel for Walt's wife watching this.

I was pretty much like "holy shit!" when Tucco popped up from the backseat of the car with a gun at the end.

I'm thinking Walt's wife will leave him at some point.

Ringo
March 15th, 2009, 6:31 AM
Okay so watched the first series in like two days and am half way through the first episode of the new one. Seriously, this is awesome. And also fucking hilarious. Jesse not being able to open the fucking gun was a nice touch, it's always funny how in every single show or film the characters can all handle guns quite easily.

So yeah. Brilliant.

TapOut
March 15th, 2009, 7:43 AM
TONIGHT... fuck yes. I've watched the most recent episode three times over now. I can't wait for this evening.

blackening
March 15th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Tonight's episode was awesome. :yes:

Damn, was I at the edge of my seat.

RockOverBoston
March 15th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Yeah, that was some pretty damned good television right there that oughtta set up most of your major storylines for the season.

BabyBooboo
March 15th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Hank is a fucking badass. That whole last 15-20 minutes was just ridiculous.

RockOverBoston
March 15th, 2009, 11:19 PM
Credit the show with this, while we're at it -- the fact that Walter's brother-in-law is DEA is nowhere near as corny nor as forced as it probably oughtta be. That's the one thing about this show that I keep expecting to become somewhat ridiculous at some point, but so far, to the credit of the writers, they've managed to avoid that.

TapOut
March 16th, 2009, 2:21 AM
I've never been so uncomfortable (in a good way) watching a TV Show ever. The suspense and intensity is ridiculous. An old half-vegetable granddad in a wheelchair caused a shitload of grief. And yeah, Hank is definitely not corny in the slightest. In fact, he's becoming better with each episode and he's not just an annoying macho-badass agent on the side of the story meant to cause Walter more grief. He seems to actually care a great deal about his brother and sister-in-law, and he himself is somewhat of a victim unto his bitch wife.

It's amazing how stuff keeps getting deeper and deeper with each episode, yet the show hasn't gone off the deep end. I know we're only 9 episodes into the series now, but given the story that's at play here, I think that's worth mentioning.

And yet another perfectly-timed laugh at the end with the grandfather's bell going off right after the shoot-out.

Ringo
March 18th, 2009, 5:54 PM
Oh my God. What a fucking episode. Absolutely fantastic all round. best episode so far in either series I reckon, which is saying something.

And yes Tap, the bell at the end was fucking unnerving. As it was throughout the episode to be honest. HAUNTING.

Bert
March 18th, 2009, 8:21 PM
I love this show. :)
Just got done watching 2x03 (Pre-Air)
if anyone else wants to watch it:
http://www.megavideo.com/?v=4VC0B56G
Enjoy!

Ringo
March 21st, 2009, 4:59 PM
So just watched the third. Thanks Iceman by the way.

Now obviously this epi was really a "calm AFTER the storm" episode after what went down in the amazing 2nd. It was, however, still good.

But there's one thing that's starting to bother me - Hank.

At this point he HAS to be suspicious. He knows that somebody, almost certainly somebody who had a key, took the lab equipment from the Chemistry department where WALT WORKS. He knows that Jesse and Walt know each other pretty well, and he finds Jesse's car at the scene of the crime and is still convinced that he was involved. Finally Walt was missing for the 3 or so days that Jesse was unaccounted for and that this whole thing was going on. Obviously it's not enough for him to come to any real conclusions, but he's got to be thinking it over in his mind AT LEAST A BIT.

Now the dilemma we have is that the whole point of the series is that Walt is such an unlikely criminal, and so the REVEAL, if and when it happens, will be a huge shock to whoever finds out. And so if Hank has his suspicions and then finds out, it won't have quite as much of an impact I guess.

Oh and also I thought Walt realising he left the cash and gun in the box and then going to hide it again was all a bit rushed. He got back to his house no problem, creeped in, seemingly avoided being seen, and then somehow got all the way back to the hospital and sneaked back in. I just would've liked to have seen more of that little escapade.

Morrison
March 21st, 2009, 7:10 PM
i just got done watching it.

overall, i really loved the episode.

i'm not particularly bothered by the stuff with hank. i think he may be a bit suspicious, cause he was acting a bit odd when he visited walt in the hospital, but overall, walt was seen as a force of good in jesse's life, according to what his mother told hank about mr. white always riding him adn trying to get him to assert himself. at the moment, there just doesn't seem to be any reason to suspect walt as involved, criminally. if anything, he'd probably think that jesse, as a former student doing nothing with his life and being a general fuck-up, broke into his old school to steal the shit.

yeah, i thought walt sneaking out of the hospital was a bit silly. but there were moments during it all that i really loved, so i can get over how unlikely a situation it is. the parts where he almost goes into a coughing fit was really fucking tense, and when he is standing behind the door, staring at the shaking baby mobile hanging above the crib was a good touch, as well as him sitting down at the bus stop and looking up to see the 'MISSING' poster with his face on it. i'm just glad they didn't gloss over it or have him take the shit out when he got home. would've felt a bit cheap.

i really liked how the plan walt concocted played out. the way he explained away his disappearance was great, how he brought up the medications being a possible cause, and how he used the patient/doctor confidentiality agreement to get himself out of the psyche evaluation were all wonderful.

on the other half, the way jesse gets out of his jam was great. wendy recognizing hank from the first season was awesome, because i'd completely forgotten about that moment. and the use of that fucking bell with the old handicapped uncle, god damn. i heard it, and i'm thinking to myself, 'that sounded just like that bell from last episode...' hank's all smiley, and i'm wondering what's going on, only to see the old man outside the door. didn't expect to see him, but hank bringing him in was a good move, as well as having him stay silent.

walt lightening up at the end with that joke about going to 7-11 was great. and skyler bringing up the second cell phone was perfect. i am absolutely loving the way this show is written. just when you think everything might be alright, something happens to knock things out of order again. it's early and all, but it's quickly shooting up the list of my favorite shows.

TapOut
March 23rd, 2009, 2:19 AM
I was able to rid the temptation of watching the episode early so I could watch it in good quality on TV.

Ringo is definitely right, it was a calm episode after the super-tense past two episodes, but still a really good show.

I really love how everything seems to be catching up to Walt and Jesse, but then Walt and Jesse have a convo and Walt's calmly wanting to cook again, as if what's transpired thus far is just a minor inconvenience. It makes you breathe a sigh of relief almost to know he's made it through unscathed. The evidence is mounting, but we've survived another week.

I really like the explanation for the uncle not ratting Jesse out... he's old-school and he's not helping the feds. Good enough reason for me.

Also, Skyler is fucking gorgeous.

TapOut
March 30th, 2009, 2:02 AM
11 Episodes and not a bad one yet...

Another great show. No huge developments, but still top-notch from beginning to end and the character development progresses nicely, along with some subtle nods at why these things are taking place.

Jesse and Walt have a bond. Yeah, Walt gets pissed easily and Jesse fucks up a lot, but they are the two people they can each totally trust and be comfortable around, and the "You want some breakfast?" deal at the end was a perfect way to summarize their relationship. Also, they are both fuck-ups for different reasons. Maybe that's the tie that binds.

I'm also wondering what the significance of the bear/swimming pool and now, what looks like evidence is all about. Probably the climax of the series, maybe. Another question is how long can this series go for. If it's only three or four seasons, I am fine with that. This looks like it may be a show that will never jump the shark, especially if the story has a clear beginning, middle and end.

And as always, I got my weekly laugh with Jesse jumping back over the barricade and stealing his Winnebago.

Man, I love this show.

Funboy
March 30th, 2009, 8:10 PM
My guess is Walt or Jesse blow up the house and the teddy bear is for his unborn daughter.

In which case I hope its the end of season 4 or 5 as I really dont want this to end any time soon...

This and Chuck are up there as my favourite shows at the mo...

FatElvis
March 31st, 2009, 4:15 AM
Jesse's fiancee on Big Love is hawt...

Myles
April 4th, 2009, 9:08 PM
fuck I love this show. Just watched all four episodes from season 2 and I want more.

The episode with the old man in the wheelchair is right up there with "Pine Barrens" from The Sopranos as one of the best episodes of any tv show I have ever seen. Not quite on the level of the Shield final. But man it was good.

TapOut
April 5th, 2009, 5:38 AM
So far, any episode of season 2 could qualify as a season finale. They've all been A+ television. I'm surprised more Rajah members aren't watching this series.

Dream-Evil
April 5th, 2009, 6:16 AM
It's really because of this place that I came across Breaking Bad. God bless this place. Breaking Bad is one fine program.

Myles
April 5th, 2009, 2:20 PM
Is there a new episode tonight?

TapOut
April 5th, 2009, 5:37 PM
Yes.

Fro
April 8th, 2009, 9:33 AM
Fucking hell guys, I finally got caught up on this show, tremendous stuff. I loved the latest ep with Jesse starting his own distribution team and getting his act together. That scene where he layed out the plan to his 3 dealers was class. I thought the crack head robbery made sense as the next problem for them to handle, with Walt making a good point that if Jesse lets that happen they leave themselves vulnerable to bigger stickups.

Just a comment on this show as a whole: as great as it is, I still find it hard to believe that Walt would go through all this - murder, selling drugs, alienating his wife, potentially putting his family in danger - when he could have gotten the money from his friend. It's his pride that wouldn't let him take the handout, I suppose, but I sort of wish the story didn't include that offer from his friend. It would make a lot more sense if this was his only option. Just nitpicking though.

Morrison
April 8th, 2009, 1:56 PM
it'd make 'more' sense, i suppose, but would lose some of what makes it compelling. you also have to realize that as time goes on, walt is seemingly liking the danger of what's happening.

TapOut
April 8th, 2009, 5:29 PM
Very cool twist at the end of a fairly mellow episode this past week.

Morrison
April 13th, 2009, 2:06 AM
tonight's episode wasn't too bad. definitely a 'filler' episode to progress some of the main plot points, but was still really well done.

i found myself bored with the first 15-20 minutes, with jesse and the creepy looking dirty kid, and walt's first day back at school. i get the meaning behind each of these scenes and why they were included, but it definitely wasn't the most engaging this series has been. not that it's even a knock, since after twelve episodes of constant twists, turns and general awesomeness, i think an episode like this is a well deserved break for everybody.

as it went along, things really started to get good, though. jesse's interactions with the junkies was pretty great all around, and walt's dinner scene with gretchen was surprisingly brutal and caught me a bit off guard. i really liked how they went ahead and used the 'fuck you' line, but just silenced out the 'fuck.' great stuff. i also love how the web of lies that walt is weaving is so monstrous. everytime we think he's about to get caught up, something conveniently happens to supply him with material for an alibi/lie or he concocts a clever way out of telling the truth. it's going to be amazing to see it all tumble down, if they end up going down that route.

next week's episode looks nice. why? DANNY FUCKING TREJO.

and outside of that, in case some weren't aware, AMC has ordered a third season of this show.

son_of_foley
April 15th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Watched first 6 eps of this over a few days. Found it really depressing. Brian Cranston is incredible in his portrayal though I can't help but feel isolated by the show. I had expected more humour throughout the show to help with the bleakness but it's not coming thorugh for me. That and Skyler is one of the most despisible characters on television. Will finish the season up this weekend and take it under advisement whether to start the next one.

FatElvis
April 15th, 2009, 12:50 PM
The way that guy died- :lol:

Spoilers 3 days after the show aired?

TapOut
April 15th, 2009, 5:11 PM
"(I'm) MISSING (My Pants)" :lol:

Walt is probably wishing he had thought of a different way to end up in the hospital about now.

I saw the news about the third season, I'm very happy about that. Hopefully it airs in the fall and we don't have to wait another year, especially since the season is a tad short in comparison to some other TV shows.

I really like the dynamics of Jesse being a junkie/dealer with a conscious, and Walt seems to be heading into a dehumanizing process by all of this.

virms
April 22nd, 2009, 7:15 PM
Once again I somehow managed to wait until I got 7 episodes downloaded before I started watching and once again I finished the 7 episodes and said "God, I can't wait till Sunday" only to find out there is only 7 episodes in a season. :(

Fucking tremendous show. I am liking and disliking the small seasons. On one hand you can tell how each seven is a specific act of the storyline, but at the same time you just get such a small taste and then it's over.

Everything about this show is just top notch though. The acting and the writing are in a class of their own.

blackening
April 22nd, 2009, 10:12 PM
I'm working on getting caught up, but I'm still 3 episodes behind. :(

I can't believe it just keeps getting better.

I just finished the episode where Walt and Jesse get into a fight in the camper.

TapOut
April 22nd, 2009, 10:37 PM
Once again I somehow managed to wait until I got 7 episodes downloaded before I started watching and once again I finished the 7 episodes and said "God, I can't wait till Sunday" only to find out there is only 7 episodes in a season. :(

Fucking tremendous show. I am liking and disliking the small seasons. On one hand you can tell how each seven is a specific act of the storyline, but at the same time you just get such a small taste and then it's over.

Everything about this show is just top notch though. The acting and the writing are in a class of their own.

The second season is 13 episodes, and the show has been renewed for season 3. So there is a new episode Sunday :yes:

blackening
April 22nd, 2009, 10:48 PM
Anyone have a good place to watch/download episodes?

TapOut
April 23rd, 2009, 12:55 AM
Do you have On Demand cable? They have episodes on there, in HD even.

If not, A&E has a few episodes up. Barring that, the best I've found have been crappy quality Megavideo streams.

virms
April 23rd, 2009, 1:18 AM
The second season is 13 episodes, and the show has been renewed for season 3. So there is a new episode Sunday :yes:

:panic: Awesome. I actually looked at upcoming air dates for the show and nothing past episode 7 was listed. I then noticed season 1 only had 7 so I just though we were done for. Glorious news though.

Dream-Evil
April 23rd, 2009, 1:21 AM
Any info on dvds for season 1? Or will they lump season 1 and 2 together as the first was only 7 eps? Cracking new episode too. Trejo ftw.

BabyBooboo
April 23rd, 2009, 1:35 AM
The DVD for Season 1 already came out. I'm holding out for a potential blu-ray release though.

blackening
April 23rd, 2009, 7:32 PM
Barring that, the best I've found have been crappy quality Megavideo streams.
That's what I've been using. But you can only watch so much before you have to wait.

AMC only has a few old episodes on their site.

Haven't found any good torrents.

TapOut
May 4th, 2009, 5:04 AM
The most recent episode was pretty damn funny. Walt and Jesse's interactions are great. Walt is in some ways using Jesse, and I think Jesse knows it, but continues along anyways. Despite Walt always on Jesse's ass about things, you can tell they like each other.

"A robot?" :lol:

Morrison
May 4th, 2009, 5:40 AM
yeah, they're bond is a definite high point in the show. those moments where walt settles down from being the grumpy old guy and him and jesse manage a few civil exchanges is always fun to watch, like the scene after they get done the big cook and realize how much they're both going to make after selling it all. i hated seeing it all go to shit so soon after when they go to leave and realize jesse fucked something up again.

i'm really looking forward to more from saul goodman. the episode a week ago was really great because of him, and given his strengths in certain skills of corruption and crime, this will obviously push the story forward so we're no longer just watching walt and jesse, the two man wonderteam who has no real idea what they're doing, go about things like amateurs.

that prospect, coupled with the revelation that walt is in remission, and quite possibly angry about the idea he might no longer die, thus making all his lies and transgressions even a bigger source of guilt, has got me loving and looking forward to this show's future even more than i already was. i really love it.

Mark84j
May 4th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Loved this episode. Robot?? :eek:

RockOverBoston
May 4th, 2009, 10:37 AM
The most recent episode was pretty damn funny. Walt and Jesse's interactions are great. Walt is in some ways using Jesse, and I think Jesse knows it, but continues along anyways. Despite Walt always on Jesse's ass about things, you can tell they like each other.

"A robot?" :lol:

During Walt's battery reparation/elemental science lesson...

"...and what element would we use for that?"

(Walt has a swatch of copper wire held up for Jesse to see)

"Ahhhh, WIRE!"

I watched the immediate replay solely for that part of that exchange.

The way that they play up the difference in the levels of intelligence of these two men...which at times truly doesn't matter, and at other times is more of a burden to Walt and a blessing to Jesse, is always entertaining.

blackening
May 4th, 2009, 3:19 PM
A robot?

virms
May 5th, 2009, 12:19 AM
Go bless Bob Odenkirk. Tremendous fucking episode and I can't wait to see where it goes from here.

This show needs to be on primetime network TV.

TapOut
May 5th, 2009, 12:31 AM
that prospect, coupled with the revelation that walt is in remission, and quite possibly angry about the idea he might no longer die, thus making all his lies and transgressions even a bigger source of guilt, has got me loving and looking forward to this show's future even more than i already was. i really love it.

YES.

I read a review of the episode on IGN (one of my favorite sources for reviews on games, tv/movies and electronics) and while they rated the show highly and I agreed with it for the most part, they mentioned how it would have been more brave and unpredictable if the show had bad news for Walt and possibly even, at some point in the series, killed him off. Essentially, they were let down with the news that Walt is in remission.

However, I disagreed because I thought Walt actually being angry at the thought of not dying is somewhat unpredictable and very intriguing in itself. It'd be easy to say things are the same, getting better or getting worse, but coupling it with Walt somewhat accepting his impending death and thinking his coughing is the cancer getting worse and not just a common side effect of chemo is really cool writing.

1_Pablo_Angel
May 6th, 2009, 9:03 PM
This show is utterly superb. If it wasn't for Rajah I'd never have seen it, brilliant stuf it is.

son_of_foley
May 7th, 2009, 4:33 AM
I need to start the 2nd series. Does it get any lighter? Also is Skylar still a dick?

Morrison
May 7th, 2009, 8:43 AM
I need to start the 2nd series. Does it get any lighter? Also is Skylar still a dick?

i wouldn't say it gets much lighter, but since this season is a full 13 episodes, it definitely doesn't hit you with dark, depressing moments quite as frequently.

and if you found skylar to be a dick in the first series, than yeah, she's going to ramp that up.

RockOverBoston
May 7th, 2009, 1:57 PM
This show needs to be on primetime network TV.

This show would have to be watered down to a fairly ridiculous level to land on network television.

It's no coincidence that the majority of today's truly great television shows are on cable -- they're able to push the envelope further.

Myles
May 11th, 2009, 2:39 AM
wow... the exchange between walt, hank and walts son at the party was one of the best scenes i have ever seen

TapOut
May 11th, 2009, 3:20 AM
It was good.

I'm growing increasingly interested in the opening clips each week with the pink teddy bear and the evidence being collected.

Its kind of crazy how Walt is growing increasingly less likable and Jesse, Hank and Skyler are growing into more sympathetic and likable characters. The best part of this, of course, is that its intentional.

Morrison
May 11th, 2009, 2:01 PM
It was good.

I'm growing increasingly interested in the opening clips each week with the pink teddy bear and the evidence being collected.

same. i don't imagine it'll pan out this season, though.

i'm also thinking that maybe it's some kind of 'dream' or metaphor about the future. the crayons and stuffed animal in the pool referencing the new baby. the two body bags maybe symbolizing something about the marriage of walt and skyler.

but if it turns out to be actual events, i have a feeling the two body bags could end up being skyler and ted. given what happened in this past episode, they're clearly having those two characters move closer. whether or not that ends up in an affair remains to be seen, of course, but it won't be surprising if it happens. from there, maybe walt finds out, loses it, tosses all the new baby stuff into the pool in anger, and winds up killing the both of them somehow.

or perhaps skyler just likes having ted to lean on, given the stress of things with walt, and he ends up misreading it, and when skyler rejects his advances again, he loses it which leads to a murder/suicide? or perhaps walt misreads the situation, and thinks skyler is cheating on him, and given all the shit he's done to provide for her and their kids, he loses it and kills them both.

there's so many different possibilities, and i love it.

virms
May 16th, 2009, 3:07 AM
I am imagining that the clips are one of two things..l.

1. Walt has hooked up the new water heater wrong and with all the tinkering underneath the house something is going to cause an explosion.

2. A drug war is bound to happen now that Walt is publicly claiming his territory and he has a very shady lawyer laundering his money.

You just kind of have to wonder if somewhere deep down inside Walt is feeling invincible at the moment due to his remission.

Morrison
May 16th, 2009, 3:41 AM
I am imagining that the clips are one of two things..l.

1. Walt has hooked up the new water heater wrong and with all the tinkering underneath the house something is going to cause an explosion.

2. A drug war is bound to happen now that Walt is publicly claiming his territory and he has a very shady lawyer laundering his money.

You just kind of have to wonder if somewhere deep down inside Walt is feeling invincible at the moment due to his remission.

i'm fairly sure we've seen enough of the house in these cold open clips to rule out an explosion.

and i'm not getting the vibe of him feeling invincible. i think the cancer forced him to look at his life up to that point from a new perspective, and like his conversation with hank shed light on, he lived a life of fear and boredom, never moving outside the easy, comfortable bubble he'd made for himself. with the news of the cancer, in order to support his family after his eventual demise, he takes on this illegal, dangerous venture when the closest to breaking the law he'd ever been was probably a parking ticket, and as he and jesse get deeper in the game, he's suddenly feeling very alive, for probably the first time in a long time, and especially since he was relegated to being a high school chemistry teacher(that flashback of a younger Gretchen and him talking about the make-up of the human body where he has an energy, passion and comfort about him that is distinctly missing in the present day is very telling).

but then he finds out he's in remission, he's just cooked up a ridiculous batch of meth that will set him up pretty well financially for the time being, thus making it pointless for him to continue on the path he's on. he finds his life going back to that boring, mundane existence as he sits around the house, so he takes up the home improvement project to occupy his time and give him some type of obsession or purpose outside of his family. he obviously enjoys the power and danger of the crime him and jesse commit, and when faced with the opportunity to get back into it, he jumps at the chance, because in some way he's missing it and didn't really want to let it go, as his lunch with jesse seems to imply.

he's definitely naive about it all, but i don't get the impression that he's coming from a place of grandeur.

virms
May 16th, 2009, 3:50 AM
I don't even think he knows it yet. It's steps his character is taking that he feels remorseful for later.

The whole scene with his son drinking comes to mind. It's just almost out of nowhere he gets a "king of the castle" complex by sitting back and looking over all the people there for him. Then you have the whole issue of letting his son drink and the near fight that ensued from it. It was almost as if something had overtaken Walt and it was the same thing when he saw the rolling meth lab that was pretty much a shadow of his own life.

I definitely see your point though Morrison and I like it.

Fuck I love this show.

Morrison
May 16th, 2009, 3:58 AM
the way i took the drinking scene, and really the whole party, was that everybody was celebrating his remission except him. the whole 'i got cancer, why me? i went into remission, why me?' line just doesn't sound like a guy who is full of himself, but a guy who doesn't give a shit, who bought into death and now has no justification. pushing the tequila on walt jr. and getting in hank's face wasn't him growing a set of balls and being at the peak of mania but him being completely broken down with his mortality and the way he has lived and is living his life.

RockOverBoston
May 17th, 2009, 11:53 PM
Alright, that episode was so fucking good that myself, the girl and 4 of our friends stopped being pissed about the Celtics altogether.

Cranston's obviously sewn up another Emmy, but Aaron Paul's coming off more and more like he might have as well each and every week.

One complaint (if you even wanna call it that) came from my girl's sister, who wondered aloud why, in an era where costuming/makeup/wardrobe is extremely advanced, television and movies can't make actors playing late-term pregnant women look more realistically pregnant and why, in the case of TV, they're all suddenly "actress hot" again post-partem episode. Honestly, a truly fair question, and I can certainly see why it came up, but that's nit-picking...she even acknowledged as much..."that was so good that someone had to be a dick!"

The whole scene with his son drinking comes to mind. It's just almost out of nowhere he gets a "king of the castle" complex by sitting back and looking over all the people there for him. Then you have the whole issue of letting his son drink and the near fight that ensued from it.

All due respect, as you're a really perceptive guy, but I haven't the faintest idea how you came to this conclusion...maybe you're (understandably) overthinking things a bit...you do recall exactly how Walt reacted the second he saw his own "you're not dying" reflection, yeah?

Didn't look like someone feeling invinclible to me. Looked more like a guy who'd completely surrendered to the fact that he'd quite soon be dead and became ridiculously ballsy as far as his meth dealing was concerned as a direct result. His being no longer on the fast track to death clipped those metaphorical balls off altogether and made him look at his reality -- and he clearly didn't like what he saw.

Morrison
May 18th, 2009, 12:46 AM
only two more episodes for this season. god damnit.

TapOut
May 18th, 2009, 3:17 AM
Yeah, the whole son drinking thing is clearly Walt being irrational and uncomfortable with everyone celebrating his remission when he himself is angered and confused by it. He was told he was going to die and now there's a chance he might not. That's a hell of a rollercoaster ride, and he was using bad judgment.

When Walt didn't find the elusive dealer-guy, I immediately knew the manager of the restaurant was the dealer. That was really cool how they pulled that whole deal off. So many little stories at play here: Skyler leaves the job for the tax evasion stuff going on, so I was like "Well, that's kind of a cheap way to end that saga", but then she comes back and I'm like "ooh... what now?" Then Jesse's girlfriend is using again.... lots of neat little things going on here outside of the main stuff. The cliffhanger at the end was pretty good too.

RockOverBoston
May 18th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Jesse's girlfriend was on the last episode of "Chelsea Lately" that I saw. Chelsea Handler said that she'd recently become a fan of the show and asked her whether or not she'd be back next season. Jesse's girlfriend's response was "my storyline gets sewn up - that's all I can say".

When Walt didn't find the elusive dealer-guy, I immediately knew the manager of the restaurant was the dealer.

Yeah, so did all 6 of us. Are we half dozen and you really perceptive, or was that that obvious?

Serious question. Give honest answers here, peeps.

1_Pablo_Angel
May 18th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Anyone know where I can d/l the latest episode? Can't find a torrent on mininova yet.

RockOverBoston
May 18th, 2009, 12:49 PM
I presume that an amc.com must exist, and from there you can either watch the show or people on the message board can point you in the right direction...

1_Pablo_Angel
May 18th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Hmm couldn't find a download link on there or in the comment part, but Hank's blog was certainly an entertaining read.

TapOut
May 18th, 2009, 7:50 PM
Yeah, so did all 6 of us. Are we half dozen and you really perceptive, or was that that obvious?

Serious question. Give honest answers here, peeps.

It's all I have, ROB, It's all I have. Why would you take it from me?

In all seriousness, although it was obvious, I still like the way they did it. It was just a bit of clever writing and storytelling, as is most of the show, really.

Morrison
May 18th, 2009, 9:18 PM
yeah, i called it too.

RockOverBoston
May 18th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Oh no, I don't by any means think it was blatantly obvious, I honestly think that they gave us literally just enough of a hint and we're all smart enough to have picked up on it.

8 stupid people wouldn't have the same answer. Then again, 8 stupid people would have given up on "Breaking Bad" after the first episode.

virms
May 19th, 2009, 2:39 AM
Hmm couldn't find a download link on there or in the comment part, but Hank's blog was certainly an entertaining read.

http://d01.megashares.com/dl/7c1d275/Breaking.Bad.S02E11.DSR.XviD-RRR.avi

http://hotfile.com/dl/3063536/72d2eae/Breaking.Bad.S02E11.DSR.XviD-RRR.avi.html

http://netload.in/dateiRxEuSiKPUE/Breaking.Bad.S02E11.DSR.XviD-RRR.avi.htm

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UWQ79L9C

One of those should work for ya.

Thought it was another cracking episode. Bit surprised by Skylar going back to work though. Thinking she might try to get some of the embezzled money herself or something. Not sure. Definitely call the owner as the drug dealer but I definitely did not see the little kid putting several bullets in Jesse's foot solider.

TapOut
May 19th, 2009, 6:57 AM
Thought it was another cracking episode. Bit surprised by Skylar going back to work though. Thinking she might try to get some of the embezzled money herself or something. Not sure.

Oooh, good point. Walt's surgery is almost 200k. Walt's probably thinking of ramping up selling, she's thinking "How can we afford this?" and then she sees a way.

TapOut
May 25th, 2009, 2:03 AM
*It appears that we're not really using spoilers in here due to the fairly low amount of people watching this show, so maybe a mod can put spoiler warnings in the thread title

Anyways, another amazing episode.

I thought Jane or what'sherface was going to get Jesse high and run off with the money. I thought for a brief second that Walt, Jesse or both would kill her. However, the ending was utterly brilliant. Walt watched her die, and I thought to myself "What a cruel bastard, I'm feeling less and less sympathy for him", but then he teared up and froze, and I said "Okay, maybe not". I love how Walt is really walking that line. I would not be surprised if Walt hides this (him watching Jane die) from Jesse, and it comes back to bite him in the ass later on. Perhaps they kill each other, hence the crime scene clips? Just a theory...

Also, now that the daughter is here and both guys have shitloads of money, I see further dives into ruthlessness by Walt because I know at any moment he's going to utter the words "Let's cook". It's likely not if, but when.

Next week is the finale, and I honestly think tonight's episode was a good enough cliffhanger, so I can only imagine how good next week's will be.

virms
May 25th, 2009, 3:42 AM
Was another fine episode indeed. Not really sure what is going to happen next but something is definitely getting ready to happen that can't be good for anyone in the show. I almost have a feeling Jane's dad might even play a part in this depending what happens come morning time when he shows up to take his daughter off to rehab. I am also thinking he has some reason to be in rehab himself. Probably nothing serious as heroin, most likely alcohol, but the guy definitely seems like he has a demon that plagues him as well.

It's great how dark this show gets though because the whole time Walt was watching Jane die I figured he was going to shoot Jesse up with an overdose of heroin, clean up his tracks, take the money and just go on with his life. Crazy how he could have easily saved her but didn't and the tears Walt shed was him, in my opinion, realizing the monster he had to/has become. "Look what daddy did for you." Chilling.

Going to have to watch it again tomorrow.

Morrison
May 25th, 2009, 3:00 PM
yeah, a truly awesome episode. i liked the parallel of walt propping holly on her side with a towel, 'just in case she spits up,' and jane propping jesse up on his side with a pillow so he doesn't choke on his own vomit.

i've always dug jane, and they really did a nice job of turning her into a wretched cunt within the hour. i shall miss her, to be honest.

jesse and walt clearly have some kind of respectful bond. jesse for walt, because he's always pushed him to be something other than a fuck up, even when other people have pushed him away. and walt for jesse, because he obviously sees some kind of potential in him. jane's death being inadvertently caused by walt because of jane's dad's advice of 'never give up on them' was a wonderful touch.

i cannot wait until this finale. should be crazy. but i also don't want it to end.

Mark84j
May 25th, 2009, 3:32 PM
I am actually afraid to see what happens. Walt's become an incredibly scary person, the "Look what daddy did for you" scene was the icing on the cake.

As for the ending, for a split moment I thought Walt was going to somehow kill Jane when she began to vomit. His eyes were just changing so much: confusion, curiosity, realization, contemplation, then relief (after she died).

RockOverBoston
May 25th, 2009, 4:44 PM
Really curious how you guys are coming to some of these conclusions...

I would not be surprised if Walt hides this (him watching Jane die) from Jesse, and it comes back to bite him in the ass later on. Perhaps they kill each other, hence the crime scene clips? Just a theory...

Also, now that the daughter is here and both guys have shitloads of money, I see further dives into ruthlessness by Walt because I know at any moment he's going to utter the words "Let's cook". It's likely not if, but when.

So which is it -- the two main characters of a critically acclaimed program are going to somehow kill each other as a result of something that quite literally can't possibly come back to bite Walt in the ass (that's barbituate asphyxiation, gang - she was going out like Jimi Hendrix regardless of whether they were by themselves or if 32 paramedics were on the scene - he just happened to be there to see it go down) coming back to bite him in the ass, or the two of them go back into business again?

I almost have a feeling Jane's dad might even play a part in this depending what happens come morning time when he shows up to take his daughter off to rehab.

What can he do, honestly? Get into a fistfight with a strung-out Jesse for letting his baby girl die? That's honestly about it.

I am also thinking he has some reason to be in rehab himself. Probably nothing serious as heroin, most likely alcohol, but the guy definitely seems like he has a demon that plagues him as well.

Yeah, I think the constant attending of 12-step meetings followed by the (extremely unlikely) barroom scene pretty much hammered that home.

Crazy how he could have easily saved her but didn't and the tears Walt shed was him, in my opinion, realizing the monster he had to/has become. "Look what daddy did for you." Chilling.

The tears were definitly related to his psyche, no doubt there...but because he's now a father of a daughter himself - simple as. Conversation with Jane's dad "ironically" led to that reaction.

How was "look what Daddy did for you" in any way "chilling"? Daddy did, in fact, do everything he did for his family. Daddy needed some reassurance that there was a logical end to his means. The baby in one hand, and the cash-covering plexiglass in the other, provided that reassurance, and illustrates that he no longer wants to be a terminally ill cancer patient, as he had just days earlier.

He's got his family. He's back at work. He's getting his health back, as he's finally found a way to "legitimatly" pay for his surgery. He's regaining his happiness and his will to live. That scene was pretty clearly meant to indicate that everything was looking good and getting better for one Walter White, if only to make the death of whichever two characters next week (don't read today's Variety report - if you've got half a brain, it spoils some pretty major shit) and the actions that lead up to them all the more tragic.

Morrison
May 25th, 2009, 5:35 PM
walt caused jane to roll from her side onto her back when he shook jesse trying to wake him up, so he's not totally faultless. i'm fairly sure they could figure out some way to reveal to jesse that walt was there that night and didn't help jane when she was in trouble. either way, i'm fairly sure tapout might suspect the same thing as i; that those crime scene cold opens are very well into the future of the series, and we probably won't see the cause of them next sunday. so with that in mind, jesse and walt could easily end up killing each other, after going back into business together.

though you're saying that some spoilers reveal some shit, so who knows.

TapOut
May 25th, 2009, 6:21 PM
^Yeah, you pretty much said it.

Just because Jane is dead doesn't mean it won't be revealed to Jesse that Walt was there and let her die. I mean, there's numerous ways. Perhaps Jesse just tells Walt she died of an overdose and then weeks later Walt find Jesse using and says "Do you want to die choking on your own vomit like your girlfriend?" and Jesse says "Wait... I never told you that..."

It's quite possible. I mean, it's a pretty good plot device for Walt to have been there so I definitely see something happening with it in the future.

Mark84j
May 25th, 2009, 7:11 PM
Watching it again...

In the beginning when Walt is opening his trunk, he tosses his spare tire which rolls away. I wonder of that's going to play into anything later, maybe trace itself back to Walt's vehicle somehow?

Fro
May 25th, 2009, 7:24 PM
Great ending. I had really started hating Jesse and Jane (obviously the intended reaction) so it was a relief to see her go, and Walt being there to see it was the icing on the cake. Bitter sweet.

It's already been said, but let's hope they keep Bob Odenkirk on the show for a long time, he's great.

Morrison
May 26th, 2009, 8:23 PM
Watching it again...

In the beginning when Walt is opening his trunk, he tosses his spare tire which rolls away. I wonder of that's going to play into anything later, maybe trace itself back to Walt's vehicle somehow?

and if they do trace it back to walt? there's nothing incriminating.

It's already been said, but let's hope they keep Bob Odenkirk on the show for a long time, he's great.
indeed. anytime he's on screen he kills.

Ringo
May 29th, 2009, 7:06 PM
Yeah, the whole son drinking thing is clearly Walt being irrational and uncomfortable with everyone celebrating his remission when he himself is angered and confused by it. He was told he was going to die and now there's a chance he might not. That's a hell of a rollercoaster ride, and he was using bad judgment.

Not just that though. More than anything it's just him finally standing up and saying FUCK YOU to Hank, who for years has always been this cocky showboat dickhead and been more of a role model to his son. We all know that Hank should always have been more than a high school chemistry teacher. All these feelings that he's kept inside are finally coming out throughout the season.

Anyway I finally caught up and oh my god amazing. There's so much to talk about but I can't right now so I'll just wait to comment on others.

Some of the best individual TV episodes I've ever seen. Just monstrous.

Surprised the TORTOISE INCIDENT didn't get more talk here. Epic.

Mark84j
May 30th, 2009, 7:15 PM
Can't wait for this tomorrow!!

virms
May 30th, 2009, 7:20 PM
THANKS!

TapOut
May 30th, 2009, 8:33 PM
Neither can I, to be fair.

Morrison
May 31st, 2009, 11:50 PM
if only to make the death of whichever two characters next week (don't read today's Variety report - if you've got half a brain, it spoils some pretty major shit) and the actions that lead up to them all the more tragic.

well thankfully this was complete bullshit. though i'd like to see the major spoilers now, since they basically mean nothing.

pretty great finale. a really awesome set-up for next season with skyler leaving, plus a pretty cool 'what in the fuck' moment with the realization that this scene we'd been seeing nearly all season really had nothing to do directly with the main characters we knew or the drug dealing.

the little touches are so awesome. hank holding up the container for donations with walt's picture fitting perfectly under 'wanted,' the juxtaposition of jane's dress on the bed with walt changing holly on the bed, the little dinging of the website donation sounding almost exactly like the ringing bell of the wheelchaired uncle, donald's slip of his daughters name while on the job leading him to numb out and cause the accident. the nuance of the writing makes me happy.

i don't think anybody could've guessed at what occurred in the final moments of the show. very interested to see just how it'll fit into next season, and whether it was just a way to fool with the audience or if it'll effect the main cast in some significant way.

jesse hopefully cleaning up, and not being such a fuckhead is something to look forward to.

skyler leaving is obviously the biggest piece of the finale, as it's been building up for a long time now. should lead to some great stuff next season.

i really adore this show. can't wait for next season.

Fro
June 1st, 2009, 12:24 AM
Good episode but I didn't like the ending. They made you think those opening sequences would be something huge and it turned out to be really random and insignificant. That was a big letdown for me. I wouldn't call it a WTF moment, I'd call it a "oh, that's it?" moment.

The Walt/Skylar scene was great though, with her revealing all the steps she went through before deciding to leave him. I'm happy they did that instead of showing her do all those things and dragging it out over the next season. They got right to it and now their relationship will be a lot more interesting.

Gus discovering Walt is Hank's brother-in-law was well done and sets up one of the major conflicts for next season.

the little touches are so awesome. hank holding up the container for donations with walt's picture fitting perfectly under 'wanted,' the juxtaposition of jane's dress on the bed with walt changing holly on the bed, the little dinging of the website donation sounding almost exactly like the ringing bell of the wheelchaired uncle, donald's slip of his daughters name while on the job leading him to numb out and cause the accident. the nuance of the writing makes me happy.

:yes:

TapOut
June 1st, 2009, 2:03 AM
Great episode.

With the additional bits to the opening scene, I thought the scope of this crime/disaster scene was a bit too big to be a murder/normal accident case like I had originally thought. At the end, when the planes on the radar were ready to collide and then they showed Walt sitting at the pool, I thought "Hmm, perhaps the reason the incident scene was so big was because of a plane crash", then BAM. So yeah, thought it was a possibility mere seconds before the collision.

I am not dissapointed at all, because essentially, Walt caused this. He is almost directly responsible for the chain of events leading to that plane crash. His selling of meth and trying to keep it secret is destroying lives left and right, and he just keeps rowing further up shit creek despite everything else crashing down around him.

I'm not really sure where the series goes from here, but I'm damn interested in seeing it.

Morrison
June 1st, 2009, 3:40 AM
Good episode but I didn't like the ending. They made you think those opening sequences would be something huge and it turned out to be really random and insignificant. That was a big letdown for me. I wouldn't call it a WTF moment, I'd call it a "oh, that's it?" moment.

The Walt/Skylar scene was great though, with her revealing all the steps she went through before deciding to leave him. I'm happy they did that instead of showing her do all those things and dragging it out over the next season. They got right to it and now their relationship will be a lot more interesting.

Gus discovering Walt is Hank's brother-in-law was well done and sets up one of the major conflicts for next season.

:yes:
how do you know how insignificant it's going to be? nobody can say until the first episode of next season.

and it wasn't completely random. if you paid enough attention to the opening scene of this episode, you'd see on top of the van that drives away the letters NTSB, which stands for national transportation safety board. so they dropped a clue pretty early on. plus, the writing surrounding jane's dad was great. from the episode where him and jane sit and eat lunch, where he mentions that 'you don't even need experience to do the job anymore,' without ever giving away what he does, to everything in this episode, it was a wonderful twist that's grounded in reality.

and indeed, given gus had to play the straight man, we can't be quite sure what his real feelings are on walt having a DEA agent for a brother-in-law. first instinct points to him not being very open to the idea of continuing to do business, but i wouldn't be surprised to see him take this as a positive. walt having family in the DEA could mean that it's less likely that walt will raise suspicion with hank and his department, unless he goes and does something fairly blatant to get attention drawn to himself, which could mean an easier time of things for gus. really looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

TapOut
June 1st, 2009, 5:00 AM
Also should be interesting to see where this second cell-phone goes. Skyler is likely to tell Hank in passing, and then we'll see it create problems in the future. More than it already has caused.

And for fuck's sake Walter, hide the phone in a decent place from now on, please.

Vice
June 1st, 2009, 8:45 AM
Lovely episode. The whole season was pretty damn fantastic, really.

Everything that happened throughout the episode changed enough of the landscape to have a really great season three. Though, I'd be totally lying if I said I wasn't expecting something MASSIVE to happen at the end. With the way everything's been built up with the bear, dead bodies, etc., I was expecting something a lot crazier. Yeah, the van in the beginning had NTSB on the top of it.. but I had no idea what NTSB stood for. If I had, the ending probably wouldn't have been as big of a "surprise", but I might have still been let down in a way. The plane crash had been built up since literally the very beginning of the season, and now we know how it was caused and that it WAS a plane crash, but.. that's it. So I was a bit disappointed that it wasn't a HOLY SHIT finale, even though everything probably makes more sense this way.

But like I said, tons of great shit happened in the episode that leads into season three nicely. Should be awesome.

And if Bryan Cranston doesn't win another Emmy, I'll be rather irritated. The dude has been so incredibly amazing all season long.

Morrison
June 1st, 2009, 9:54 AM
i too expected something pretty massive for the main character, as my speculation in here will attest to. but i definitely wasn't let down by the revelation of the plane crash, especially given all the circumstances that lead to it happening in the first place, which was just an absolutely wonderful weaving of all these players lives.

EVERYTHING that walt has done was to protect himself and his family. letting jane die was a way to protect him from a loose cannon who knew too much, and in the end that just leads to more devastation. letting her die, the fugue state, hiring sal, dealing with tuco, breaking into that warehouse to steal a vital ingredient, plus more, was all to protect his family, and in the end, he gives himself away while going in for surgery that will help prolong his life.

Jay
June 1st, 2009, 10:21 AM
Just briefly skimmed over this thread as I didn't want anything spoiled. All I wanted to do was check what the general opinion of this programme is on here.

I missed this the first time it was shown, but heard one or two good things about it. Ended up completely forgetting about it due to a number of other shows I was/am following.

I caught an advert for it on FX the other day, though. They're re-airing the entire first season, starting tonight at 9PM, in time for the second season being shown, so I'm finally going to get round to giving this a go. Looking forward to it :yes:

Morrison
June 1st, 2009, 10:26 AM
i really need to go back and watch the first couple of episodes from the first season again. i watched them when they first aired over a year ago, then came back and finished the first season earlier this year before the second one started, but didn't replay the ones i'd already seen. so i'm real fuzzy on the details of how this all got started.

Ringo
June 1st, 2009, 2:53 PM
I was going to come in and post my thoughts, but Morrison and TapOut have already said just about everything I was going to say.

Obviously we were being led to believe that the bodybags would contain characters we knew, but it was a nice twist, and Skyler leaving is a pretty massive development anyway since that's what everything has really been about since day one. Plus, since Walt indirectly caused two plane loads of people to die, it just further illustrates the scale of the whole thing and the horrors that have occurred as the result of Walt's actions.

1_Pablo_Angel
June 1st, 2009, 3:44 PM
how do you know how insignificant it's going to be? nobody can say until the first episode of next season.

and it wasn't completely random. if you paid enough attention to the opening scene of this episode, you'd see on top of the van that drives away the letters NTSB, which stands for national transportation safety board.

Just watched this, and after the events off the Brazilian coast today I knew the incident was going to be a plance crash on seeing that van. Didn't know how it would be linked until Jane's Dad was working, but... that would've been kind of impossible.

I was relieved more than anything to realise that no major shit was going to happen to Walt. Although I can see a bit of a him/them thing now between the families which will presumably result in Hank eventually hunting him down. Cracking ep though and loads to look forward to. Pity a bit of plane didn't land on SKylar's head at some point, that would've ticked all the boxes.

Fro
June 1st, 2009, 3:52 PM
When Hank eventually finds out that Walt is Heisenberg... holy shit will it be an amazing moment.

virms
June 1st, 2009, 8:09 PM
Thought it was a great episode but the fact the planes just happen to crash, due to Jane's dad right above Walt's house is a bit much. Not denying it couldn't happen but they obviously tried to hard to lead us to believe something big was going to happen only to reveal it was an accident caused by Jane's dad.

Would have almost been better if Jane's dad had found out the truth and had cause this destruction on purpose.

Vice
June 1st, 2009, 10:10 PM
So, four episodes kicked off with the bear/body sequence. Their names?

01. Seven-Thirty-Seven
04. Down
10. Over
13. ABQ

Motherfuckers. It just hit me as I was going through them. Or am I just arriving late to the dance?

Morrison
June 1st, 2009, 10:59 PM
Thought it was a great episode but the fact the planes just happen to crash, due to Jane's dad right above Walt's house is a bit much. Not denying it couldn't happen but they obviously tried to hard to lead us to believe something big was going to happen only to reveal it was an accident caused by Jane's dad.

Would have almost been better if Jane's dad had found out the truth and had cause this destruction on purpose.

it happened how far up in the sky? it was overt the town, a bunch of people could've said it exploded 'right over my house.'

So, four episodes kicked off with the bear/body sequence. Their names?

01. Seven-Thirty-Seven
04. Down
10. Over
13. ABQ

Motherfuckers. It just hit me as I was going through them. Or am I just arriving late to the dance?

did not know about this until just now. how fucking cool.

Vice
June 1st, 2009, 11:10 PM
it happened how far up in the sky? it was overt the town, a bunch of people could've said it exploded 'right over my house.'

Yeah, but he has corpses in his driveway.

virms
June 1st, 2009, 11:12 PM
And a broken windshield and shit loads of other evidence. It's not to big of a deal as this show is just fucking amazing and the more I think about it the more I realize it is being done to keep a connection between Walt and Jane's dad.

Morrison
June 1st, 2009, 11:13 PM
and from the looks of it, so did a lot of other homes on his block. i don't think it's really that contrived. plus, it's obviously not full bodies they're packing up.

virms
June 1st, 2009, 11:15 PM
You don't have to be so serious Morrison. It's just a tv show ffs.

The special effects were actually fucking amazing for it being AMC.

Morrison
June 1st, 2009, 11:15 PM
And a broken windshield and shit loads of other evidence. It's not to big of a deal as this show is just fucking amazing and the more I think about it the more I realize it is being done to keep a connection between Walt and Jane's dad.

well, yeah. two huge planes crash over his town, shit is going to rain down and hit his property. but that opening shot showed those vans at other homes in his area, as well as black smoke rising from just beyond.

StevieV
June 8th, 2009, 1:16 PM
So this was fucking brilliant.

Great spot with the episode titles Vice. I love shows that put in clever little touches like that.

This is probably my favourite thing on tv.

Watched all 20 episodes over the last couple of weeks and thought it was fantastic. Kinda suprised a better channel in England hasn't picked it up.

Cranston is far better than I ever thought he could be.

I've loved the way the whole show has worked. I also enjoy how the opinions in this thread have differed over how you all perceive his character at this point.

Hank is much less annoying than i expected. Disappointed the little druggie whore is dead but it made so much sense and was so cool that he watched her die.

Saul Goodman is a glorious caricature of a lawyer. Great addition to the cast.

Don't really have much to say but it was thanks to this thread i watched the show. Cheers lads.

The Masked Jobber
June 8th, 2009, 1:26 PM
Probably already been said, but I'll repeat it just in case.

Breaking Bad starts tonight on FX at 9.

It's a brilliant show.

blackening
July 2nd, 2009, 1:56 AM
I finally watched the last episode of Season 2. I thought the plane crash was kind of a letdown, but the episode was still very good. Great season, can't wait for the next one.

Jay
September 12th, 2009, 5:44 PM
I can't believe we've got to wait until March 2010 for Season Three. This programme is so, so good. Just want to watch it right now.

I watched Season One over here on FX, then when I found out Season Two wasn't being shown until December, maybe January, I thought fuck that I want it now, so downloaded the entire Season. Watched it all over the past week and it's been amazing. Absolutely amazing.

I don't think there's much point in me going on and on, because a lot of it has been said already. The writers deserve many, many awards and as much praise as possible thrown their way. Fantastically written series. I, too, absolutely love all of the subtleties - one of which I actually missed until I read Morrison's post, with the noise of the money register on Walt Junior's PC sounding a lot like the ringing bell on the Uncle's wheelchair. That's now my favourite of them all. Just brilliant.

Roll on March, 2010.

:(

So much to look forward too, though. So many loose ends that I can't wait to see tied up.

Morrison
September 13th, 2009, 1:20 AM
damnit, i was hoping they'd hit around january like the previous two seasons. eh, two months extra work should make it all the better.

TapOut
September 13th, 2009, 3:43 AM
Yeah, can't wait for it myself either. Six months, but hopefully this new Flash Forward show will hold me over until January, then I'll have Lost and 24, so things will roll by quickly after that.

Jay
September 13th, 2009, 4:55 AM
Two other amazing shows, Dexter and Curb Your Enthusiasm, both start in a couple of weeks so that will tie me over until then, so it's not too bad. Especially Dexter. One of my favourite shows of all time.

I've just Googled regarding Flash Forward and wow, very impressive writing cast and I like the concept of the show. Will be giving that a go. Originally made by HBO, which is always a plus, and premieres September 24th. Cheers for that, TapOut.

Bert
January 11th, 2010, 6:18 PM
Breaking Bad — AMC, premiering March 21
When we last saw Walter White, he was sifting through the wreckage of a plane crash that was indirectly his fault. Yikes. How is Season 3 going to top that? I don't know, but I have all the faith that television's best writing team to come up with something awesome.

Mark your calenders! :panic:

RockOverBoston
March 13th, 2010, 9:12 PM
And in case you didn't mark your calendars when Bert mentioned it before, do so now.

According to every review/preview I've seen...

Walt finally confesses everything to Skyler in the very first episode

Predictable, perhaps, but definitely sets what's a pretty critical season off in the right way.

Really looking forward to this return.

TapOut
March 13th, 2010, 10:23 PM
I love the fact that this story has a lot of freedom with how ridiculous the plot can get, so long as the acting and character development remains as top notch as it has been.

I've rewatched both seasons over the last few weeks, so I'm definitely looking forward to the show's return.

Morrison
March 15th, 2010, 8:19 PM
i'll probably be picking up both seasons on dvd sometime this week and running through them before the return. can't wait. breaking bad and lost make for a great start to the week.

blackening
March 16th, 2010, 2:46 AM
Fuck.

ROB I was going to quote your post saying that I really wanted to click that spoiler button but was going to wait. By clicking the quote button, I saw everything that was in your post, including what was in the spoiler tag.

:(

RockOverBoston
March 16th, 2010, 3:41 PM
I'm not sure that's an unexpected development, though -- don't know that they'd be mentioning it in all of the press if it was supposed to be shocking.

TapOut
March 21st, 2010, 11:00 PM
Wow. Started off thinking things were a tad dull, then the last 20 minutes or so were just tops. The last bit... "Enjoy your meal." Not a god sign, Im' sure it ties into what looks like a witch hunt for Walt.

Fro
March 23rd, 2010, 10:38 AM
Yeah I thought it was pretty dull and mainly just set up the season ahead. The assassins coming over the border are hardcore but who are they working for? We probably won't find that out til later on. You have to wonder what Gus is thinking about Walt now knowing that his brother-in-law is DEA. I figure the 3 mill for 3 months deal had to be a trick of some sort considering how careful Gus plays it. I don't think he sent the assassins though, that wouldn't make a lot of sense since he could set up a hit of Walt pretty easily.

StevieV
March 23rd, 2010, 9:24 PM
Fantastic return in my opinion.

TapOut
March 24th, 2010, 1:11 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if they're working for the guy at the chicken restaraunt... his parting words to Walt were vague... "Enjoy your meal" or something along those lines. He didn't give Walt a clear goodbye.

RockOverBoston
March 24th, 2010, 1:13 AM
He also doesn't have any reason to want Walter dead.

StevieV
March 24th, 2010, 4:46 PM
I want to see Jesse's direction in all this. I his acceptance that he is the bad guy...

Fro
March 28th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Damn they really got right to it with the silent assassins. I'm glad this wasn't like last season where they teased us with the wreckage for so long without us knowing wtf it meant.

So they were sent to retaliate for Tuco and Gus used his apparently very wide reaching power to stop them, at least for now. The scenes where they got Walt's name from the old man and then showed up with fucking axes were fucking bad ass. And now Gus has the leverage needed to get Walt to cook again.

blackening
March 29th, 2010, 1:39 AM
Good episode. :yes:

I've got your restraining order right here! :lol:

I also enjoyed Walt throwing the giant pizza on the roof.

TapOut
March 29th, 2010, 2:05 AM
He also doesn't have any reason to want Walter dead.

Looks like we were both right.

RockOverBoston
March 29th, 2010, 4:39 PM
Except they're by no means working for Gus, either...

...Gus used his apparently very wide reaching power to stop them, at least for now.

They will need to explain just how he's so powerful and influential that he can stop hits from a seperate entity (and country) altogether...but I've little doubt they'll cover that well as time progresses.

Vice
March 30th, 2010, 5:31 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/Envious_Vice/AxeTap.gif

So fucking badass. I love this season so far.

Mark84j
March 30th, 2010, 2:48 PM
It's amazing how each episode, my passion for this show grows.

The pizza bit had me in stitches!

blackening
March 30th, 2010, 2:57 PM
The pizza throwing part was taken with one and only take!

RockOverBoston
March 30th, 2010, 3:03 PM
That's pretty amazing, really.

blackening
March 30th, 2010, 3:04 PM
I read that they were going to make a device so that the pizza would land on the roof, but he got it on the first throw without it.

virms
March 30th, 2010, 3:21 PM
You know when I watched him chuck that pizza up there you could tell he had this look on his face where he was almost about to break character.

Great episode though. Great plot development and honestly that was the most sexy axe I have ever seen.

RockOverBoston
March 30th, 2010, 3:31 PM
Yeah, despite the fact that I'd have absolutely no use for it whatsoever, I kinda want one of those axes.

blackening
April 4th, 2010, 11:21 PM
Skyler you slut.

Mark84j
April 5th, 2010, 12:51 AM
I know Hank is a real bastard, but Sky just dropped one notch in my book.

Very cheap tactics if you ask me. :no:

Morrison
April 5th, 2010, 10:48 PM
just caught up on the last two weeks. incredible stuff.

the stuff with the cousins at walt's house was incredible. tense as fuck, shot so wonderfully. the 'restrain this!' line has made the insane amount of time bryan cranston spends in his tighty whities worth it.

loved this last episode. obviously skyler has become somewhat of an unlikeable character, but i felt that mostly might be because walt is our central figure and thus the most sympathetic, therefore anybody going against him will draw our ire more. i tried to look at it from her perspective. she's been married to this mild-mannered, geeky chemist for a long, long time. they have a child with a disability and another on the way. he gets lung cancer out of nowhere. he starts behaving erratically. she eventually uncovers his mountain of lies and discovers he's a cooker of meth. on some level, i can't find her reaction to all of it to be out of line, for the most part.

but this episode turns that around quite a bit. i was happy to see walt take a stand, realizing what saul said about her using it as a threat was more than likely true, and not trying to be oblivious to what was going on, like he was when he returned walter jr. back home and thought it was just going to be hunky dory. i like when walt shows these glimpses of a strong, assertive character. i hope one day these traits become dominant.

him finally laying it out to skyler, very candidly, explaining what his intentions were and how he's going to have to live with the things he did for the rest of his life, but that he did it all so that her and the children would be provided for, was done wonderfully. in the first episode, i wanted to see him go into why he was a cooker when him and skyler had their conversation, but obviously they have a better grasp on the pacing of the show.

to see skyler go for ted is interesting, as he himself has and apparently still is committing major fraud to keep the company from going under. her fucking ted(the use the of the silent 'fuck' in this series has been tremendous) and rubbing it in walt's face is blatant spite and completely fucked up, but it sets up so, so many emotional avenues to travel down.

i really, really, really adore this show.

RockOverBoston
April 5th, 2010, 10:58 PM
Unless the plan is to expand Ted's character (and I'd have to assume it is) I'd have thought it wiser to have just had Skylar pick up some random at a bar to fuck -- any and all possible purposes she was trying to accomplish there would have been accomplished just as easily with a stranger than with her boss.

Then, though, we wouldn't get all of the fallout that'll come of this, presumably including Insanely Pussywhipped Irrational Ted.

I dunno, it just seems a strange route to go in an otherwise fantastically written program. I've got plenty of faith, and I fully expect to be proven wrong, but this seems a pretty bizarre plotline from the jump.

Morrison
April 5th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Unless the plan is to expand Ted's character (and I'd have to assume it is) I'd have thought it wiser to have just had Skylar pick up some random at a bar to fuck -- any and all possible purposes she was trying to accomplish there would have been accomplished just as easily with a stranger than with her boss.

Then, though, we wouldn't get all of the fallout that'll come of this, presumably including Insanely Pussywhipped Irrational Ted.

I dunno, it just seems a strange route to go in an otherwise fantastically written program. I've got plenty of faith, and I fully expect to be proven wrong, but this seems a pretty bizarre plotline from the jump.
obviously skyler isn't a trashy whore, and her entire reason behind fucking another guy was to stick it to walt like he's sticking it to her, though obviously the emotions behind their motives are different. walt is forcing issues to try and tie his family back together out of love and depression, whereas skyler is making walt have to live with something fucked up just like she has to live knowing her husband is a meth cook. now, it's not like there isn't a history with skyler and ted. ted made that pass at her when she worked their the first time, and there's been sexual tension ever since. i can't recall exactly, but didn't walt express some kind of jealousy or hesitance about ted before? just makes sense for her to go with who she knows will be the easy fuck and isn't just some sleazeball, plus plays into any jealousy issues walt might have.

blackening
April 6th, 2010, 2:41 AM
Did Skyler actually say fuck? I honestly couldn't tell if it was just the way that she said it or AMC silenced the first part of the word.

Morrison
April 6th, 2010, 2:59 AM
she said it, but they mute part of the word instead of replacing it with a less 'offensive' word or bleeping it altogether. they did the same thing when walt told off gretchen.

Bert
April 6th, 2010, 2:59 AM
AMC silenced it. Like always.

Morrison
April 6th, 2010, 3:09 AM
you say that like it's a negative thing. at least they allow the word to be partly said or implied, which lets the characters seem more like human beings. i hate that profanity is so frowned upon over here, especially in these nighttime dramas. you mean to tell me that during any number of the ridiculous things that have happened on lost that not a single character within earshot let loose a 'what the fuck?' or a 'holy shit!'

TapOut
April 6th, 2010, 6:26 AM
^ Gospel. Give me the silenced word over scaled back language any day. That was a great little bit on the show... I'm really looking forward to seeing how Walt handles this. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ted end up dead, accidental or otherwise. What's the body count directly or indirectly related to Walt and Jesse?

blackening
April 6th, 2010, 3:17 PM
I saw the actress who plays Skyler on another TV show today. The first thing I thought was 'Skyler you bitch.'

Ringo
April 6th, 2010, 3:21 PM
Good episode. I am expecting something BIG to happen soon though.

This show > * > Lost.

Morrison
April 6th, 2010, 3:25 PM
kinda forgot about jesse in my little review of the last two shows, since he hasn't been too much of a focus at the moment, but i really am loving him. i was always really annoyed by him because of his annoying wigger tendencies, but this season has scaled that back dramatically so far, and he seems to be on level ground. the scenes with his parents have been especially great.

Fro
April 11th, 2010, 8:08 PM
Just saw last week's episode and it was tremendous. I feel like the show has matured a lot this season and every character's current standing and motivation is really well fleshed out. The scenes with Gus and El Jefe (forget if he had a name) were great and I can't wait to see how Walt avoids the wrath of these men when even Gus doesn't have any intention (or ability) of stopping the assassins. How much of what's going on will Gus reveal to Walt as he tries to get him to cook again and what sort of deal will they strike? Walt is clearly only concerned with his family at the moment so something big will be needed to pull him back into that world and it won't be more money.

Hmmmm can't wait for tonight's ep.

Morrison
April 11th, 2010, 11:01 PM
the opening scene with jesse was awesome. the whole convo with the counter clerk, but the way he completely doesn't react to the cop coming into the shop and uses his presence to pressure the chick into taking the meth was cool as shit.

walt confronting ted was not only more of the kind of walt i want to see, but also pretty fucking hilarious. same thing with his scenes at school. he's clearly losing a bit of composure, maybe embracing a 'who gives a shit attitude' with his family life crumbling around him.

his scene with jesse clearly shows he's struggling with what he wants. he wants to pull his family back together, but obviously with skyler's recent actions, he sees that possibility slipping away. he shows tremendous pride in 'his product' despite denouncing the entire process in his attempt to reconcile with his wife. the one thing he wants, his family, is cracking right in front of him as the life he regrets, as a meth producer, is seeking him out.

i wouldn't be surprised if the cousins end up taking out someone in walt's family to appease their blood revenge instead of walt himself.

i don't know what exactly is going on with hank, but each weeks it's been getting more and more interesting.

loved this episode.

Fro
April 18th, 2010, 11:03 PM
Outstanding episode tonight, one of my favorites of the series and easily the best this season so far. So much good stuff all around.

blackening
April 20th, 2010, 1:23 AM
Yes, the last episode was amazing. So many things I loved.

Walt's pride over his formula, Skyler realizing that maybe she was too hard on Walt, Hank going crazy, Jesse vs. Walt, and secret lab room for the win. Oh, and titties.

Fro
April 20th, 2010, 8:33 AM
Yes. I loved Gus's speech to Walt about how "a man provides for his family, even when he is not respected. Even when he is not loved." And the way they tied the flashback at the beginning to Hank hunting down the RV and seeing Jesse's picture.

Hank peeping on that fat couple in their underwear was a crackup.

Morrison
April 20th, 2010, 8:57 AM
the retrofitting of the RV acquisition seemed a bit hamfisted, to me, but other than that, another wonderful episode. really loved the interaction between gus and walt and jesse and walt.

TapOut
April 20th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Skyler starting to rethink things is great... and now that she knows about the drug stuff, that makes it even better. Although she doesn't know the domino effect Walt's selling has had, but that's the beauty of it.

I'm also really loving Hank as a character too. They've done a great job with him ever since season 2.

blackening
April 26th, 2010, 1:14 AM
Another great episode. Pretty intense moments with Hank finally finding the RV and Walt and Jesse inside. I loved the look on Saul's face after that phone call to Hank. Hank is going to fuck shit up now.

TapOut
April 26th, 2010, 4:36 AM
Yeah, it was great because the first half hour was pretty dull compared to past episodes, but I just knew something would pick up before the end. And damn, did it ever. Great stuff.

When Walt picked up the phone in the RV and asked someone for a favor, I got a bit worried he had called Gus, and then when they said his wife is an accident, I thought it was legit. I was relieved to see Saul there. As dastardly as Walt can be sometimes, he hasn't gone that far yet.

Fro
April 26th, 2010, 8:47 AM
So the assassins are coming for Hank now... :scared:

I don't think they'll kill him though, that was be pretty hard to swallow for Walt and for the viewer. I'd love to see Hank take them out and get a much needed win, but I really have no idea how it's going to play out. Very intense at the moment.

Jesse is such a fucking idiot and a huge liability for Walt.

RockOverBoston
April 26th, 2010, 11:50 AM
The assassins focusing on Hank isn't a major shock by any means, and it's a development that the writers could easily take in I don't even know how many different absolutely justifiable directions.

Hank is very much a well developed character whose main purpose overall on this program probably has been to die in some sort of relevant and meaningful fashion since it was first revealed that he was DEA. This season actually seems the right time to do so from where I'm sitting, too -- now that Skylar is as aware as she is about Walt's double life, there's almost going to need to be some other sort of massive fallout sooner than later...they've done a good enough job of developing Hank's recently relocated partner where he could be "brought back in from El Paso" to replace him...plus Hank being dead would put all of the heat right back on Walt, which is where it really needs to be.

The little money I'd bet on something that truly can go so many ways I'd put on Hank getting dead by seasons' end - if you think about it, they've kinda been building up to that in fairly subtle fashion all year...and in even more subtle fashion all along.

Fro
April 26th, 2010, 1:15 PM
I dunno. Hank has been the second most interesting character over this and last season as the writers beautifully transitioned him from the hot shot DEA agent we first knew him as to the insecure, not ready for prime time bitch that he is now (still a good detective though). He's also the entire cop element of the show so I think it would really be lacking without him. I can't see his partner filling in for him like you suggested (in terms of airtime or storyline). Plus we need that moment where Hank realizes Walt is Heizenberg and it blows his mind.

RockOverBoston
April 26th, 2010, 3:45 PM
His partner - hell, or likely any other cop - likely wouldn't have as large of a role as Hank did, as if for no other reason, any other cop wouldn't be family.

I do think that if Hank meets his end this season (or at any other point - if he doesn't die now, there's still really no possible way he can make it through the series' entire run) he'll have had his moment of revelation first - it'll likely be the last thing that he learns in this life.

Hank's gradually increased role on this program is very, very reminiscent of other characters who were given added depth specifically to be killed off at a crucial moment - Bobby and Vito on "The Sopranos" come to mind first.

Funboy
April 26th, 2010, 4:37 PM
Stunning. Just stunning.

Only Dexter has me this tense.

Bert
April 27th, 2010, 12:21 AM
http://www.amctv.com/originals/breakingbad/interrogation

TapOut
April 27th, 2010, 5:25 AM
Hank has the potential to be a big fucking deal and one of the first deaths to really jar Walt into some sort of snap back into reality, but on the other hand, there's a lot of story to be told if Hank finds out Walt is the guy he's been looking for. All this shit Hank has been put through has been directly related to Walt... to see him die before making that realization would be a bit cheap. I really, really want to see how he deals with it. Will he cut Hank some slack because he's family? Or will he look back on standing with Walt in the chemistry lab in season 1 going over inventory, finding out he, Jesse and Saul made him think his wife was in critical condition, skip out on his promotion, etc....

There's just so much shit there I can't imagine Hank dying before that stuff comes to a head. But his death really would be a significant one that dramas like this often have, and in terms of characters.

http://www.amctv.com/originals/breakingbad/interrogation

Thanks for that, pretty cool.

*Oh shit, my love of Hank has just went through the roof:

(Not a Breaking Bad spoiler, but needs to be opened for the full emotional and climatic effect):
http://i39.tinypic.com/2dqrcjl.jpg

Mark84j
April 27th, 2010, 11:09 AM
If anybody dies, it's going to be Jesse. His last word will be, "BETCH!!"

Fro
April 27th, 2010, 11:11 AM
yo you shot me yo

Fro
May 2nd, 2010, 11:01 PM
YES!

RockOverBoston
May 2nd, 2010, 11:39 PM
My current Facebook status:

"Alright, "Breaking Bad" was already one of the best shows on TV, but it quite literally JUST got about 5 times more awesome...to the point where they probably can't sustain it any further, and to the point where this should probably be the last season."

I don''t know whether or not I fully believe the last part(s), but they've gone ahead and raised the bar in such a way that it WILL prove tough to maintain...

TapOut
May 3rd, 2010, 12:00 AM
Fuck this show is absolutely brilliant. Hank is awesome.

RockOverBoston
May 3rd, 2010, 12:01 AM
That last exchange absolutely stands up to repeated viewings, too...

Bert
May 3rd, 2010, 1:22 AM
HOLY SHIT. That was epic.

Morrison
May 3rd, 2010, 3:02 AM
omg omg omg omg.

can't stand how amazing this show continues to be.

Vice
May 3rd, 2010, 3:06 AM
Absolutely incredible.

The guys who do this show are some of the fucking best at building ridiculous amounts of tension. Man oh man. I thought this show was amazing from the first time I saw it, and yet it seriously just keeps getting better and better and better. It's mind blowing.

Morrison
May 3rd, 2010, 4:56 AM
what i'm most curious about at the moment is who called to warn hank? only a select few knew of the possible hit on walt, and only gus and the cousins knew of the change to hank. very much doubt it was the cousins calling, which leaves gus. but i don't know why gus would give hank a heads up, other then the walt connection, but is gus that compassionate?

though with that said, the opening scene with don salamanca on the phone, clearly talking about gus, saying 'i don't care who he knows,' makes me wonder just who gus knows and if that could have anything to do with him trying to protect hank.

Funboy
May 3rd, 2010, 8:10 AM
Wow. Simply phenomenal.

Truly some of the best television I have ever seen.

I still fear that Hank will die, but he has to have his moment of realisation that Walt = Heisenberg first. I was also convinced that Walt was going to give Jesse some meth/morphine while he was asleep, instead of making a deal with him.

There's six episodes left, and I think there's time for a satisfying conclusion to the entire story; obviously I'd love for there to be more of this epicness, but I'd also like it to just be that perfect show, which knows when to stop.

Holy fuck though, the writers/actors are just immense.

TapOut
May 3rd, 2010, 11:33 AM
Absolutely incredible.

The guys who do this show are some of the fucking best at building ridiculous amounts of tension. Man oh man. I thought this show was amazing from the first time I saw it, and yet it seriously just keeps getting better and better and better. It's mind blowing.

Yep, this is why I have faith that they can sustain this for... well, certainly another season, at least.

When I watched season 1, only three or four episodes in I was like "How the hell can they sustain this level of drama and tension?" Yet here we are two seasons later and it's absolutely brilliant. I think they did themselves a big favor by not taking the show too seriously to start off with, by having outlandish scenarios and a bit of comedy in the show.

The character development has been awesome. Both Aaron Paul and Dean Norris are really fucking deserving of Emmy awards. I've been watching a few TV dramas and none of the acting/actors come close to this show, maybe Dexter being the exception, but I think this show definitely edges it out if only for the subject matter making for a better acting showcase.

Ringo
May 3rd, 2010, 11:59 AM
AWESOME. This show was in danger of fizzing out two episodes ago, although I was still enjoying it. I think they were a bit late in "pulling the trigger" so to speak, but now that they have, I don't care. The last two episodes have been spectacular.

One thing that slightly irked my picky mind though: Why did the Cousins expect Hank to still be sitting in his car? It took them a bloody long time to get there, and the only reason Hank was still there was because Gus phoned him.

Largely irrelevant though. Brilliant episode.

Also Morrison, I don't think Gus making the call necessarily makes him compassionate. Tio/Don Salamanca's phone conversation suggested he wasn't keen on "The Chicken Man" and Gus needs Walt anyway, so I assume he half-hoped Hank would take the Cousins out once and for all?

blackening
May 4th, 2010, 2:40 AM
They did an incredible job on Jesse's makeup.

The ending was amazing. Not much else to say.

blackening
May 12th, 2010, 2:10 AM
Another good episode. Gus is the man.

The cousin crawling on the floor towards Walt was pretty intense.

I loved Gus showing up at the hospital and that guy clocking out after the cousin had died.

TapOut
May 12th, 2010, 2:58 AM
Yeah, all the characters in this show are used so well... character development is top notch.

I really love the fact that Jesse, Walt and now Hank are sort of the backbone of the series... if any one of those three die (pretty safe to assume Walt won't be going anywhere anytime soon), then major plots of the show will be out of wack. Walt's love/hate relationship with Jesse is pivotal for the series, and Hank has been tracking this case for so long that you'll feel cheated if he dies before finding out Walt is Heisenberg.

Pretty safe to assume the show will be picked up for a fourth seasons, but I'll feel better when they announce it.

Vice
May 12th, 2010, 3:13 AM
I love this show to death and want more and more, but I just hope the network doesn't Prison Break it.

RockOverBoston
May 12th, 2010, 3:14 AM
Pretty safe to assume the show will be picked up for a fourth seasons, but I'll feel better when they announce it.

Don't feel there's much to worry about there -- this and "Mad Men" truly are the entire bane of AMC's existence...unless, of course, you're of the belief that "Catwoman" and "Showtime" truly are American Movie Classics...and if that's the case, seek help immediately.

They're not so much driven by ratings as other cable networks, as since their definition of "classics" matches that of absolutely no one in their right mind, they air an awful lot of movies with low, low broadcast prices...and two recurring original series, one of which features what is overwhelmingly considered the best male lead acting performance on television since its inception, the other of which is overwhelmingly considered the best program on television since its inception.

Honestly, it's either keep both of these shows running no matter the cost (and maybe add 2 programs of equally high quality as well, so that every Sunday night there's an AMC original - AMC should pony up the dough to bring "Damages" onboard, now that I think about it) or roll out 24 hours of "Son Of The Mask" or some shit...

Morrison
May 12th, 2010, 4:19 AM
isn't there a new original series starting this summer, starring the one dude from the pacific?

RockOverBoston
May 12th, 2010, 4:22 AM
Yes, yes there is...and you'd think they'd be promoting that more heavily at this point.

blackening
May 12th, 2010, 7:29 PM
My favorite scene of the whole episode might have been the first phone call Walt got at the hospital (from Jesse). He hung up the phone and asked skyler, "do you know who that was?" She doesn't say anything and walks away.

Mark84j
May 13th, 2010, 3:03 PM
Is anybody else dying to brush their teeth? :p

Fro
May 16th, 2010, 9:43 PM
I finally watched last week's episode... Gus is a fucking mastermind. He's now positioned to become THE kingpin of the southwest and run shit on his own without having to bring it across the border. Both the assassination scenes, especially the conversation between Gus and the Mexican boss, were so well done. The 3 months seems too short now and I think he'll offer to keep Walt on indefinitely.

New episode in 15 mins...

blackening
May 17th, 2010, 1:45 AM
I wasn't a big fan of Skyler's explanation of Walt gambling. Otherwise it was another good episode.

Morrison
May 17th, 2010, 2:49 AM
really, really loved this episode. the realization that hank might be paralyzed, or in the least permanently handicapped, throws quite a twist into things.

the scene where walt confronts gus was incredibly strong, and i loved how the lighting shadowed half of each man's face.

jesse still kind of annoys me, simply cause he's such a thick fuck up most of the time. he's shown some great flashes of maturity and cunning this season, but can't seem to sustain it. the plan he comes up with was set up wonderfully at the start of the episode, and the scene with badger and skinny in the support group talking about the blue meth, and jesse's grin was brilliant.

and speaking of brilliant, the scene in the hospital waiting room with skyler revealing walt's 'gambling' problem was equally as so. the part where both marie and walt sit forward, enthralled by the story skyler is concocting, even though walt was supposed to have lived it, was a great piece of comedy. the episode ending with skyler blaming walt for hank being in the situation he's in, and walt staring into the camera with that look on his face... fucking love it.

Fro
May 17th, 2010, 8:33 AM
Not as exciting as the last several episodes but still good. The scene between Walt and Gus was the best part and I absolutely love the mutual respect they have for one another professionally.

I'm rooting for Jessie to be killed off at this point. I completely hate everything about his character.

TapOut
May 17th, 2010, 9:13 AM
We've got what, 3 or 4 episodes left? Probably a bit of calm before the storm. All of the scenes Morrison mentioned were great though.

Yeah, Jesse is an incredible douche... but it's great to see him continually fuck up. There would be no show if the meth making was a well oiled machine. So he's a character I love to hate.

This season, Jesse has become a bit of a bad guy and I've been really enjoying Gus, Hank and Saul. Saul especially provides some relief on the show... everytime someone's in shit and you see Saul, you know they're going to get out of whatever situation they're in.

Hank being disabled was not something I saw coming and adds a whole new dimension to things. We've talking about life or death, this is a perfect middle ground.

Funboy
May 17th, 2010, 3:54 PM
This show can do no wrong; best at suspense, best at the slow-burn episodes.

I really need Jesse to fuck off and die; manipulating people at an N.A. meeting, and stealing from Walt and getting greedy again - his redemption was short-lived. I imagine Gus is going to fuck him up.

Speaking of Gus, he is really coming into his own now; I like their relationship, but cant help but feel Gabe will be back to cause trouble for them - he was used in the coldopen, but not in the episode itself..

And finally, Im not sure how I feel about Hank being paralyzed, it was unexpected; and Im unsure now if he will die - he NEEDS the 'realisation' moment of Walt = Heisenberg, but I always expected it to be followed promptly with his death..

I do, however, have complete faith in this team to continue this story in the best possible way; they are amazing writers and the acting is consistently brilliant.

Anyone know if its been picked up for a fourth season yet?

Fro
May 17th, 2010, 4:03 PM
Who's Gabe?

With all the shit Jesse's pulling, I really feel like the writers are setting him up to be killed off, possibly in the season finale. My main question is: will it be Walt who ends up killing him? I have a feeling it will be, or at least he'll be there to watch him die.

Funboy
May 17th, 2010, 5:48 PM
Gale, sorry. The chemist who Walt replaced with Jesse..

I guess if Walt/Jesse have a confrontation I guess Jane could be brought up again? I just feel Jesse was doing so well, and Walt was the one who was being a dick, but he's turned into a right arsehole, especially with his obnoxious "...BITCH!" at the end of all his arguments..

Morrison
May 17th, 2010, 7:45 PM
jesse was never supposed to be redeemed, to be honest. yeah, he's seemingly gotten off the drugs, but he himself said that he accepts being the bad guy. so it makes sense for him to be an annoying thorn in walt's side, to us.

Vice
May 21st, 2010, 9:08 AM
http://www.bettercallsaul.com/

Has that been posted before?

Edit: Ahaha just watched Badger's testimonial. Never crossed my mind until he said it, that "Saul Goodman" is basically "S'all good, man". Brilliant.

Hobbit
May 23rd, 2010, 7:14 AM
I've been getting into this over the past month or so and am now up to date with it, what a superb show.

It's one of those shows where after most episodes I sit there and just think 'wow'.

Saul :heart:

TapOut
May 24th, 2010, 3:01 AM
Last night's episode was rather boring to me. Probably my least favorite episode of the series so far. It set a couple of things up, so hopefully its just the calm before the storm since we've got two or three episodes left and they've not really disappointed yet.

Aussie_Outlaw
May 24th, 2010, 11:40 PM
it was clearly a bottle show.

Hobbit
May 30th, 2010, 7:11 AM
Loved it, right up there with when Tuco kidnapped them and held them in the desert cabin as my favourite episodes.

TapOut
June 1st, 2010, 12:07 AM
Loved the most recent episode. Skyler's hand in all of this is getting interesting. Saul was great as usual. Jesse's new girlfriend reminded me a bit of Octomom. The scene with Gus and Walt started off a little odd... I thought they may be going for some unwanted twist there, luckily it seemed Gus was trying to warn Walt of Jesse.

They've got enough characters now where a major death seems possible at any given time. The dynamics between all the characters is great, but you have to figure that at some point something is going to give.

Morrison
June 1st, 2010, 12:27 AM
it's gotta be jesse. like was said at the start of the season, he's accepted that he's the bad guy. he's going to end up going full steam against this gang that killed combo and he'll pay for it, and it'll be yet another life that walt has touched that has gotten fucked up because of him.

we all thought hank might be that character, but they already teased us with his death only to bring him back and give him a pretty big hurdle to have to overcome, which will not be wrapped up in two more episodes. they clearly know they got a good thing with the hank/walt dynamic, so i expect hank to be around for next season. skyler is just now turning the page, and with her probably stepping in to run the car wash, that gives her a line to next season. gus and saul won't be going anywhere, most likely, and walt jr. isn't involved enough to see any fire. gotta be time for jesse.

Bert
June 6th, 2010, 5:33 PM
I just finished last weeks ep. Pretty pumped for tonights.

Funboy
June 7th, 2010, 7:44 AM
Ho-lee fuznitch! Cannot wait til next week; this show is like Dolph Ziggler - perfection.

Mark84j
June 7th, 2010, 2:17 PM
Wow.

SPOILERS, for those that have not already seen last night's episode...

youtube.com/watch?v=H0WKtNjgbZM

Fro
June 7th, 2010, 7:43 PM
Oh my god.

That was the best hour of television I've ever seen.

Funboy
June 7th, 2010, 7:51 PM
I say that each week bout BB! How is it this consistently amazing!?

RockOverBoston
June 7th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Oh my god.

That was the best hour of television I've ever seen.

While I don't know that I'd go quite that far, it was certainly the best hour of television I've seen recently, anyhow - ironically enough, probably since the "Mad Men" rerun they sandwiched in between the 3 showings of "Breaking Bad" last night.

Morrison
June 8th, 2010, 2:42 AM
fucking RIDICULOUS. the finale is going to be crazy.

three big stand out moments. marie giving hank a boner, for sheer comedic brilliance that was the cut from him in the hospital bed to him being wheeled out of the room with a box full of his 'get well soon' knick knacks. the domestic abuse story mike gave walt in his home. mike is one of my favorites, despite his limited screen time. he really got a chance to shine in that scene, and the slight quivering in his cheeks and lips as he related this story to walt was awesome. and of course...

'run.'

that's two really amazing 'car fucks up dude' moments this year, with desmond mowing down john locke being the other. the whole moment leading up to it was tense as shit, and i fully expected the show to go to black just as jesse raised the gun and we got that long shot of all three of them pointing the guns at each other. but to hear the roar of the engine and walt's car to come screaming on screen and FUCK shit up for those two was insane. the one dude going for his gun, all mangled up and shit, was some disturbing imagery. and walt looking so calm, picking up the gun and shooting the ealer in the head, then looking at jesse and just cooly saying 'run,' as we go to black screen followed by the credits... god daaaaammmnnnnn.

cannot wait for next week, but i also don't want it to be over.

Fro
June 9th, 2010, 9:52 AM
I can't get over how badass Walt was blowing that guy's brains out. The tension I felt when Jesse was walking up to them and they were cocking their guns was like something out of a great movie. Really amazing tv. Btw Jesse would have gotten blasted, not sure what his plan was there but I guess he didn't give a fuck he was that pissed off.

So the question now is, how does Gus take this? These were his trusted men, but certainly he can understand Jesse and Walt's position (kid killing is not cool). I could see Gus taking a heel turn and revealing that what his men did was business as usual for him. But he also has a great professional relationship with Walt and his cook is a lot more important than some dealers, so, ah idk what will happen.

I'm really glad they brought Jesse's character back to a good guy. A few episodes ago we were all hating him, but he redeemed himself really well. I hope they didn't do that just to kill him off in the finale and make it a heartbreaker for the fan. :\

TapOut
June 12th, 2010, 6:11 AM
I didn't get a chance to see the most recent episode until just now.

Wow. Absolutely unbelievable, there's nothing more to say. The entire scene was done so damn well, everything looked incredibly real too.

Sunday's episode should be crazy good.

virms
June 12th, 2010, 2:39 PM
I loved last weeks episode. Never saw walt doing what he did. I mean I could see him in the heat of the moment saving jesse but the moment he took the gun and finished the job was surreal to me. Wow.

Obviously I see walt keeping skylar out of all aspects now. He is in way too deep now. I think he might even break all ties with his family to try and keep them safe.

Gus' next move is going to set the tone of his and walts relationship. If he lets Walt go without punishment he is obviously going to more or less say to walt he is close to untouchable. Odds are it will be jesse who will be punished and it will most likely result in death but he is such a central character I would wouldn't think it would be him that is killed off. Perhaps his new girlfriend or one or both of his crew.

Lots of possibilites which makes this show so damned amazing.

Funboy
June 13th, 2010, 6:03 PM
:panic: cant wait for tonights ep!!

blackening
June 13th, 2010, 11:41 PM
Great finale. The last scene was intense. Poor Gail.

Mark84j
June 14th, 2010, 1:08 AM
Kind of a shit ending if you ask me. I was expecting an extended episode, then... RUBICON. :wtf:

I found myself disappointed for the first time with this show.

TapOut
June 14th, 2010, 1:13 AM
Not me, I loved it. Thought it was a great ending.

I loved the opening too... not sure where/what it was supposed to be there for, but I'm sure we'll find out.

Overall, the season was fantastic with several memorable moments. I'm really amazed at their ability to keep what originally seemed like a novelty story going so strongly.

BabyBooboo
June 14th, 2010, 2:52 AM
Wow....that finale was just too much to handle. Aaron Paul was great in the final scene.

I loved the opening too... not sure where/what it was supposed to be there for, but I'm sure we'll find out.

I think the opening scene was intended to show just how far Walt has fallen over the course of the series.

Funboy
June 14th, 2010, 6:36 AM
I think the opening scene was intended to show just how much Walt wanted for his family when he was working as a scientist - not enough bedrooms, garden too small, wanting to stretchthe budget - and also to show his wish to be a success: "we need to set our sights high...at least higher than here" and "why be cutious, we got nowhere to go but up", while also showing what a loving relationship he had with Skyler.

Great season, with some phenomenal single episodes, and one of the most annoying(ly good) cliffhangers!

Bring on season 4!!

RockOverBoston
June 14th, 2010, 7:23 AM
I think the opening scene was intended to show just how much Walt wanted for his family when he was working as a scientist - not enough bedrooms, garden too small, wanting to stretchthe budget - and also to show his wish to be a success: "we need to set our sights high...at least higher than here" and "why be cutious, we got nowhere to go but up", while also showing what a loving relationship he had with Skyler.

Bingo. It simply shows that from very early on in his marriage, Walt's primary objective in life was always to provide for his family in the best way he possibly could, and that he's always been driven by the want to provide even more. It's a rather enormous recurring theme of the program, really. Not much of a thinker, and certainly not any sort of "flashback cliffhanger".

TapOut
June 14th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Fair enough, that really didn't occur to me, maybe I'm hung up on the backyard flash-forwards and the flashback with Jesse buying the camper from Combo... I thought it was going to serve a greater purpose. It was still pertinent though, and cool to see.

Not that there was any doubt, but the show has officially been picked up for a fourth season:
http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/06/14/breaking-bad-picked-up-for-fourth-season/

*Rubicon is off to a piss-poor start for me, not only because the sneak peak bored me, but also because it came on when I thought the rerun of the Breaking Bad finale would air.

Jay
June 14th, 2010, 6:43 PM
Wow, wow and wow. What another amazing season this has been. I haven't commented since the end of season two, as I fell a few weeks behind and had to play catch up, so I've avoided this thread in fear of spoilers.

I'll not go over the entire season as most of it has been covered, but personally I thought the finale was incredible. It got off to a rather strange start (not bad, just strange), as for a season finale, and after what happened at the end of last weeks episode, it seemed to begin rather slowly with Walt hashing out a deal with Gus and then going back to cooking. I knew something would go down, I just didn't know what, and that was the beauty of the finale - would they kill Walt? Would they find Jesse? Could Skyler be taken out as punishment? Would Gail be taken out? Would Walt and Jesse take out Gus and Mike? I honestly thought Walt was going to screw Jesse, but the switch was incredible and the ending even more so. I just couldn't believe it when the credits hit. I wanted more, dammit! Not because I was disappointed, but simply because this show always leaves you wanting more, it's just that good.

Roll on 2011 now and season four. I simply can not wait to see where they go from here.

Fro
June 16th, 2010, 2:39 AM
Fantastic episode with a questionable ending. Did he kill Gail? It looked like he turned the gun to the side before firing. I didn't like how it ended, but the other 99% of the episode was absolutely immense. Walt is incredible

And Mike the hitman... :eek:

Jay
June 16th, 2010, 9:03 AM
The ending was perfect, I think. My jaw dropped when the credits hit, because it went off with so many questions still left wide open. To be honest, I just figured Jesse had killed Gail, it wasn't until a little while later that I started to think what if Jesse intentionally missed him, and simply told him to leave town to make it look like he'd been killed.

Mike is incredible, though. He's been a fantastic character throughout, but he really came to light in the last two episodes. The way he shot that guy in the head through the wall was amazing.

blackening
June 16th, 2010, 2:24 PM
I honestly never questioned whether Jesse actually killed Gail or not until you guys mentioned it. Now its got me wondering.

Mike was awesome in this episode.

Fro
June 16th, 2010, 3:02 PM
I don't think he killed him. The way he turned the gun and the ambiguity of not showing us what happened makes me think Jesse figured out a way to avoid killing this guy in cold blood. Maybe he kidnaps him and only non-fatally shot him so that there'd be blood on the ground? It's one thing to kill a couple of child murdering street thugs, it's another to kill this ultra nice guy who seems to have never hurt a fly. He's not an innocent considering he cooks meth, but still, big difference. If he killed him why not show it? That would be teasing the viewer for no reason.

Overall this was the best season yet, truly awesome television, but I can't help but saying that another scene or two to resolve the story would have been much more satisfying. It was a race to Gail's house with Mike fast on the heels of Jesse and I wanted to see if Jesse got away. They ended it mid-scene and mid-chase which was disappointing.

Again, though, everything else about the episode was superb. Walt's meeting with Gus in the desert, Walt and Jesse's meeting in the arcade (they finally seemed like real partners) and Mike's visit to Saul were all great scenes. Saul is no longer a neutral third party after giving Mike that false address.

I don't see how Gus and Walt can work together after all this, even if Gail is out of the picture. The trust is gone and they both seemingly want each other dead. Can't wait to see how it plays out.

Fro
June 16th, 2010, 3:13 PM
You know what, that's my mistake, I just re-watched the end and it's clear Gail is dead. Last night I really thought Jesse moved his arm to his right before firing but I see now that it was the camera moving so that the viewer was looking down the barrel of the gun from Gail's perspective. So disregard the first paragraph above.

Vice
June 16th, 2010, 3:21 PM
I don't think he killed him. The way he turned the gun and the ambiguity of not showing us what happened makes me think Jesse figured out a way to avoid killing this guy in cold blood. Maybe he kidnaps him and only non-fatally shot him so that there'd be blood on the ground? It's one thing to kill a couple of child murdering street thugs, it's another to kill this ultra nice guy who seems to have never hurt a fly. He's not an innocent considering he cooks meth, but still, big difference. If he killed him why not show it? That would be teasing the viewer for no reason.

I watched the end bit a few times, and he didn't actually turn the gun. It was just a really clever shot that had the camera rotate to give us, basically, a first person perspective (Gail's of course) looking at the gun. Whether it's a kill shot or not, I have no idea. I like that they left it open a bit, because it's massive if he killed him and it's also massive if he didn't. Did Jesse go half measure or full measure?

Plus, since they kept it open, we have months and months to think about it and discuss it. I think it'd be better for the story if Jesse did kill him, but I've always enjoyed Gail, so I'm not sure if I want to see him go just yet.

I don't see how Gus and Walt can work together after all this, even if Gail is out of the picture. The trust is gone and they both seemingly want each other dead. Can't wait to see how it plays out.

Yeah, it's definitely very interesting to see how this plays out.

Gus isn't going to be happy at all about this. But it kind of goes back to the beginning of the episode in a way. Walt lays out the two options for Gus, either killing him or just forgetting about all of this, and while Gus seemingly goes for option B to Walt's face, he was plotting his demise. So now that he knows that Walt isn't just going to lay down for him, it raises his status quite a bit, even more than when he killed the two street thugs. Walt is quickly becoming a guy that you simply do not fuck with, so the tides could actually be turning with Gus having bit off more than he can chew, and it'll be fun to see how he reacts to not being the guy who is 100% in charge and 100% cool.

It's very awesome.

Edit: disregard the first part of my post, you figured it out. :p

Fro
June 16th, 2010, 3:41 PM
Yeah, I'm convinced the camera angle was meant to show that he took the full measure and shot him right between the eyes. I didn't get that until my second viewing (also I was a bit sauced for my first tbh). That ups my appreciation for the ending a lot. I think we can assume Jesse did the deed and got away safely back into hiding, while Walt saved his ass for the time being and will again be at Gus's mercy. Gus talking about his high overhead and how he can't afford to shut down for even a week was a key point. Tremendous season.

I loved the opening flashback as well, showing Walt's ambitions as a young man. It didn't have any specific relevance just a further fleshing of his character.

Morrison
June 16th, 2010, 9:46 PM
Kind of a shit ending if you ask me. I was expecting an extended episode, then... RUBICON. :wtf:

I found myself disappointed for the first time with this show.
they give us THAT episode and you're disappointed?

Overall this was the best season yet, truly awesome television, but I can't help but saying that another scene or two to resolve the story would have been much more satisfying. It was a race to Gail's house with Mike fast on the heels of Jesse and I wanted to see if Jesse got away. They ended it mid-scene and mid-chase which was disappointing.

that's just it, though. they've got more of this story to tell, and instead of compromising scenes and story in order to fit it into 13 one hour episodes, they played it out to a brilliant cliffhanger that will allow them to build anticipation for the next season as well as allow them to continue the story at their own pace.

not every cliffhanger has to be disappointing, people. fucks sake, get over it.

I loved the opening flashback as well, showing Walt's ambitions as a young man. It didn't have any specific relevance just a further fleshing of his character.

no specific relevance? pretty sure it's already been explained in here what it's BLATANT purpose was.

TapOut
June 25th, 2010, 5:21 PM
Thought you guys might enjoy this:

Breaking Bad as a full-on sitcom:
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/75221a08fe/breaking-bad-is-now-on-abc?rel=auto_related&rel_pos=7

Mark84j
July 4th, 2010, 11:39 AM
http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/5761/1278113893793.gif

Vice
July 4th, 2010, 11:41 AM
That GIF ends right before the best part-- him breaking character for half a second as he has that "holy shit! got it in one!" moment.

Mark84j
July 4th, 2010, 12:11 PM
I still want to hear an interview of him talking about that. I remember watching it like 50 times gong "how the hell'd he do that?"

blackening
July 4th, 2010, 12:56 PM
The pizza throwing part is awesome. I remember reading that it was done in one take.