PDA

View Full Version : Hyundai A-League

Pages : [1] 2 3

Harry Peters
November 22nd, 2007, 8:55 PM
Did a search for a thread about this but nothing came up.

Should be another great weekend, with the Phoenix playing Melbourne, hopfully Phoenix can get a win which would move them to 6th.

Heres the table so far:

http://backoffice.ajb.com.au/images/news/rd13table.jpg

Here is the draw:

http://backoffice.ajb.com.au/images/A_League_Team_Logos/adelaide-united-fc.gif VS http://backoffice.ajb.com.au/images/A_League_Team_Logos/perth-glory.gif

http://backoffice.ajb.com.au/images/A_League_Team_Logos/mel-victory.gif VS http://backoffice.ajb.com.au/images/A_League_Team_Logos/wellingtonPhoenix.gif

http://backoffice.ajb.com.au/images/A_League_Team_Logos/newcastle-jets.gif VS http://backoffice.ajb.com.au/images/A_League_Team_Logos/cc-mariners.gif

http://backoffice.ajb.com.au/images/A_League_Team_Logos/sydney-fc.gif VS http://backoffice.ajb.com.au/images/A_League_Team_Logos/qld-roar.gif

Bad Collin
November 22nd, 2007, 9:40 PM
Queensland Roar is the worst name for a football team ever.

Harry Peters
November 23rd, 2007, 1:38 AM
lol.

Yes probley.

Gyoza
November 23rd, 2007, 3:12 AM
Mon the Not-The-Knights

son_of_foley
November 23rd, 2007, 4:59 AM
Who are the good players? Didnt romario come over and play for someone?

Grimario
November 23rd, 2007, 5:22 AM
Who are the good players? Didnt romario come over and play for someone?

Romario came over and played for Adelaide United for 4 games as a "guest" player.

I think the "big" names (most likely to be known outside of Australia) at the moment are Juninho (Paulista), Mario Jardel (who cant get a look in at the club because everyone HATES him, management included), John Aloisi, Archie Thompson, Michael Bridges (of Leeds fame, before his knees went to shit), Stan Lazaridis (currently suspended for using some drug that has something to do with hair loss, I think), Craig Moore, Tony Popovic, Tony Vidmar, Danny Tiatto, Kevin Muscat, Joe Keenan (former Chelsea youth), Grant Brebner (Man Utd youth from mid 90s), Danny Allsopp (was at Man City, then some English lower league clubs for 6 or so years), Hayden Foxe (West Ham, Pompey, Leeds), Simon Lynch (former Scot U21, youth at Celtic), Richard Johnson (Watford for 12 years), Michael Ferrante (West ham youth, captained the side that won the FA Youth Cup 9-0 over Coventry), Ahmed Elrich (Fulham for a half season)... and that might be about it of possibly heard of players.

The bulk is average and slightly above average Australian players, a small percentage of slightly above average foreign players who can't cut it in a proper league and another small percentage of potential quality future rep football Australians who will fuck off out of the league come the transfer window, same as last year (see Leijer, Beauchamp, Carney et al)

Stupid salary caps :irked:

son_of_foley
November 23rd, 2007, 6:35 AM
Best young aussies in the league at the minute? Positions et all

Ringo
November 23rd, 2007, 7:55 AM
Queensland Roar is the worst name for a football team ever.

Not as bad as 'The Football Kingz'.

Harry Peters
November 23rd, 2007, 7:00 PM
Best young aussies in the league at the minute? Positions et all

Probley Robbie Cruze or Michael Zullo, both from Queensland.

Both play on the wings.

Zullo is one of, in not the quickest player in the league.

Adelaide drew 1-1 with Perth last night.

Gyoza
November 23rd, 2007, 11:59 PM
Not as bad as 'The Football Kingz'.

They haven't been called that in years, you wanker.

Harry Peters
November 24th, 2007, 6:02 AM
Phoenix draw 1-1 with Melbourne.

Should have won it, Melbourne captain got red carded 37mins in.

Grimario
November 24th, 2007, 9:44 AM
Probley Robbie Cruze or Michael Zullo, both from Queensland.

Both play on the wings.

Zullo is one of, in not the quickest player in the league.

Adelaide drew 1-1 with Perth last night.

Bruce Djite and Nathan Burns for me. Both forwards. There are plenty of decent prospects though.... Vukovic looks like he is going to turn out half decent as far as the current crop of keepers go, Sarkies just needs to be more consistent to be a(n australian version of a) world beater too. Milligan is far too good for the A-League and fully expect him to join at least a lower EPL level team next season.

Harry Peters
November 24th, 2007, 8:33 PM
Bruce Djite and Nathan Burns for me.

Yes, forgot about those. Burns is class.

turdpower
November 24th, 2007, 8:43 PM
Grant Brebner (Man Utd youth from mid 90s)

Hahahaha. BIG PLAYER.

Bad Collin
November 24th, 2007, 10:24 PM
It sounds like the Aussies are starting to take to footie a bit though.

turdpower
November 24th, 2007, 11:28 PM
And?

Harry Peters
November 24th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Its good to spread the sport more world wide.

Aussie_Outlaw
November 24th, 2007, 11:36 PM
It sounds like the Aussies are starting to take to footie a bit though.

Well they finally organised a half decent national competition with some television coverage. Took them long enough. Australians will follow a fair few sports if they're given it in a palatable format.

turdpower
November 24th, 2007, 11:46 PM
You need Dwight back.

Grimario
November 25th, 2007, 12:44 AM
Grant Brebner (Man Utd youth from mid 90s)

Hahahaha. BIG PLAYER.

I was just litting players who people from outside Australia might have heard of. Just for that ribbing, Mr power, next Rajah Italia/Espanol/Whatever, you are going to be the clubs SHIT player instead of Melv.

mj the kid
November 25th, 2007, 12:49 AM
ZULLLLO and Robbie Kruse are going to rape Sydney tonight.

Skilligan will have to do it all himself again I think if Sydney are to get anything out of the game.

Harry Peters
November 25th, 2007, 1:04 AM
Match of the round. What time is it on?

Gyoza
November 25th, 2007, 3:43 AM
Beckham's down here to play the Phoenix ins't he? Well, Becks and 10 other blokes. I bet MACE wishes he was in Welly right about now.

Harry Peters
November 25th, 2007, 4:18 AM
Yeah he is. He plays Sydney FC on Tuesday then Phoenix on Saturday.

Should be good.

Mariners drew 0-0 with Newcastle. Its a weekend of draws.

Lenny_and_Carl
November 25th, 2007, 5:44 AM
Fucking Adelaide are shitting me to tears this year, Playing brilliantly a few weeks back, now all of a sudden we cant string more than 2 passes together. The last two matches have been amoung the worst I've ever watched.

People might also know Paul Agostino, former 1860 Munich captain. Was suppose to be good, not living up to hype at the moment. Djite>Ago.

RFF Champ
November 25th, 2007, 6:05 AM
How is Craig Moore getting on?

Harry Peters
November 25th, 2007, 6:34 AM
Pretty good, got subbed off near the end of the game tonight.

Another 0-0 draw, yippy!

mj the kid
November 25th, 2007, 8:13 AM
Score more goals farken.

mj the kid
November 25th, 2007, 8:20 AM
How is Craig Moore getting on?

Drunkenly.

Grimario
November 25th, 2007, 8:25 AM
I wish football in this country followed Warren and Murrays dreams. It's too fast, it lacks real skill and it focuses far too much on "passion".

I love Les Murray btw.

Ringo
November 25th, 2007, 8:36 AM
They haven't been called that in years, you wanker.

I wasn't suggesting they were.

mj the kid
November 25th, 2007, 8:40 AM
Les is a shadow of himself. I cant stand him and his pathetic little crew of wannabe Johnny Warrens. Everybody knows that this country hasnt got the best level of technical skill. Les and his mates should actually watch local football and by that I mean actually go down to a park on a Saturday morning and watch how different it is these days. The impact of the Socceroos WC campaign wont be seen for a few years yet but the signs are promising. Just look at Burns, Djite, Zullo, Kruse, Millgan and others who have developed in the last year.

Football in this country is much better for having nothing to do with Lazlo these days. His pathetic racist rants every week are a joke.Not as bad as Foster but his legacy is being severely tarnished. His treatment of Butcher was embarrassing. Even more embarrassing was when one of his mates Branko gets a job and is shown up for being worse than TB.

mj the kid
November 27th, 2007, 1:50 AM
BECKHAM :heart:

Eggbert Spam
November 27th, 2007, 6:07 AM
I'm sure I just saw Juninho call Harmse a fucking wanker. Good to see the lingo rubbing off on to the imports.

Harry Peters
November 27th, 2007, 6:09 AM
3-0 Sydney. Wow.

Harry Peters
November 27th, 2007, 6:20 AM
3-1 at halftime. Stunner by Beckham.

Simmo Fortyone
November 27th, 2007, 8:51 AM
I'm sure I just saw Juninho call Harmse a fucking wanker. Good to see the lingo rubbing off on to the imports.
Ahahah I saw that too. To be fair, Harmse is a bit of a cunt.

5-3 in the end.

Hopefully the Victory actually win a game before the season's out. Fucking draws. Our attendance still shits all over everyone else's though. And the police/Telstra Dome management are fucking idiots. Sure, a sectioned off area for away fans is good, but WHY GIVE THEM LEVEL 1 OF THE NORTH END FFS :mad:

mj the kid
November 27th, 2007, 9:05 AM
Could be because the muzzas are a bunch of cunts who are giving the club a bad name. BWB are also dickheads for trying to stand and mosh on Level 3 of all places.

wardy
November 27th, 2007, 11:31 AM
He probably learned to say it in Middlesbrough.

Simmo Fortyone
November 28th, 2007, 3:53 AM
BWB are also dickheads for trying to stand and mosh on Level 3 of all places.
:rofl: Yeah that didn't really work.

While I'm not in the BWB (they don't just let anyone in), they are fiercely against any dickhead behaviour because it makes the club look bad. It's the smaller groups (Werribee Line - I'm looking at you) that tack on to the North End that make the BWB, and in turn, the club look bad.

mj the kid
November 28th, 2007, 5:41 AM
What about these fine upstanding members of the support http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?video_id=Fpp1QKLvdrA&eurl=http%3A//4orb.org/forum/showthread.php%3Ft%3D22%26page%3D2&iurl=http%3A//img.youtube.com/vi/Fpp1QKLvdrA/default.jpg&t=OEgsToPDskIUAreN7O40LhHQItsvSEEk&&rel=1&border=0

HOOOOLIES!

I actually feel for the majority of Victory supporters. I know quite a few of them off other forums who agree with pretty much what we are saying. I know the club is aware of the problems but they just cant get control of it due to useless coppers and fuckwits who think they are more important than the club.

You dont post on the Tardboard by any chance? Possibly the biggest collection of spastics I have ever seen.

son_of_foley
November 28th, 2007, 5:58 AM
the name is surely an indication of its content

Simmo Fortyone
November 28th, 2007, 8:36 AM
I lurk at melbournevictory.net if that's what you mean.

Harry Peters
December 2nd, 2007, 7:53 AM
Galaxy demolished the Phoenix on Saturday night 4-1. Beckham scored a penalty.

Suppose thats what the Phoenix should have got after playing a match less that 24 hours before.

mj the kid
December 2nd, 2007, 7:13 PM
I lurk at melbournevictory.net if that's what you mean.

Thought you would be too smart to be a big contributor there.

Victory losing to the Glory :rofl:

Harry Peters
December 6th, 2007, 6:48 AM
Big game on friday with Phoenix playing Glory in a wooden spoon match.

Hopfully Phoenix win and so do Melbourne then we go 6th. :D

Simmo Fortyone
December 6th, 2007, 6:52 AM
Thought you would be too smart to be a big contributor there.

Victory losing to the Glory :rofl:
Fucking don't start me :grumpy:

We seem to have forgotten how scoring works this season.

mj the kid
December 6th, 2007, 8:24 AM
Merrick has forgotten to play a midfield as well.

8-0-2 is the future!

Simmo Fortyone
December 6th, 2007, 1:58 PM
He's trying to avoid comparisons with AFL. Sweepers and strikers only.

mj the kid
December 8th, 2007, 6:47 AM
CORICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Also a big see ya later to Ernie Merrick :wave:

Simmo Fortyone
December 9th, 2007, 12:26 AM
ANOTHER DRAW kjhJHJSHJSHAHHKL :mad:

Harry Peters
December 10th, 2007, 4:36 PM
Good win for the Nix on Friday night, beating Perth 3-0.

Probley not going to win vs. Queensland this week, but upsets can happen.

Grimario
December 18th, 2007, 6:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpWTt3xbaX0

I :heart: J Griffiths.

Simmo Fortyone
December 19th, 2007, 12:02 AM
:grumpy:

We've only got one home game left (v Wellington) then away to CCM, Queensland and someone else. Shite season, but I'm not joining the Eddie Merrick lynch mob. I don't really know what it was this season - maybe missing Fred too much :(

mj the kid
December 19th, 2007, 12:16 AM
Last round you are away to Sydney.

I think I might head down for it to get my dose of Hooligan action.

Harry Peters
December 21st, 2007, 6:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpWTt3xbaX0

I :heart: J Griffiths.

That was class.

Bertos has now said he wants to stay at Perth after saying he would like to come to Wellington. Wonder what the final result will be?

mj the kid
December 22nd, 2007, 7:14 AM
Game of the season.

SYDNEY FC :heart:

Harry Peters
December 22nd, 2007, 10:06 PM
Easily.

5-4 Sydney beat Mariners.

Amazing stuff, Sydney got a penalty in the last kick of the game to win it.

Simmo Fortyone
January 6th, 2008, 9:55 AM
Two on the trot for the Victory. Fucking hell.

S'pose we need a bit of form going into the ACL.

Now I'll definitely go this Friday :wired:

Simmo Fortyone
January 6th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Melbourne's ACL fixtures...

March 12 vs Chumman Dragons (Korea) (H)
March 19 vs Chonburi FC (Thailand) (A)
April 9 vs Gamba Osaka (Japan) (H)
April 23 vs Gamba Osaka (Japan) (A)
May 7 vs Chunnam Dragons (Korea) (A)
May 21 vs Chonburi FC (Thailand) (H)

mj the kid
January 18th, 2008, 3:34 AM
Sydney - Melbourne on Sunday.

Going to get all hooligan and go nuts. Cove sold out unfortunately...

Simmo Fortyone
January 18th, 2008, 3:50 AM
It's always you Sydney cunts that start it. Us Melbourne Victory fans would never stoop to such behaviour because it gives shames our sport.

asghashgasghgas

son_of_foley
January 18th, 2008, 4:06 AM
How many of you get into the ACL?

Simmo Fortyone
January 18th, 2008, 5:36 AM
Just the two at the moment but I think they're getting a third in next year. This year it's Melbourne Victory and Adelaide United.

son_of_foley
January 18th, 2008, 5:45 AM
Supposed to be a good competition now the ACL. Does it get much fanfare in australia for it?

mj the kid
January 18th, 2008, 8:42 AM
Its ok if you like seeing little asian bastards rolling around on the floor for 90mins.

Imagine watching Portugese teams without the talent but twice as much shit acting.

Their supporters are a bit nutso though.

mj the kid
January 25th, 2008, 4:45 AM
COME ON JUNINHO!

mj the kid
February 2nd, 2008, 7:06 AM
Australia vs Qatar on Wednesday. Apparently the Qatarians are shitting themselves at the thought of the Euroboys coming back.

If they dont come back we are in trouble. The locals only managed a draw with the Victory FFS.

mj the kid
February 4th, 2008, 10:30 PM
So all the superstars are coming back. Except for Harry who has been dropped :yes:

We havent lost a World Cup Qualifier at home in 27yrs. An early goal would be enough I think. If its 0-0 at halftime we might be in a bit of trouble.

Simmo Fortyone
February 11th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Ahahahahha nice work Jets.

Will still probably be a CCM vs Newwie final.

1_Pablo_Angel
February 18th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Anyone support Melbourne Victory on here?

Apparently you've had Stefan Moore down for a trial and he scored twice in a reserve match this week.

Anyway he's a former Villa player and member of our all conquering youth team of 5 or 6 years ago. He's been pretty shit ever since, but he had potential once. Be interestsing to see how he gets on down under.

Grimario
February 18th, 2008, 4:44 PM
Isn't he Luke Moore's brother? I remember the two of them tearing things to pieces in my old, old champ manager games :chin:

I think Simmo would be as close to a Melbourne supporter as you would find, though I am not too sure how tapped into the news and transfer rumour mill he is :chin:

mj the kid
February 18th, 2008, 7:43 PM
Wages are going to be the problem I believe. Maybe a short term signing for the Champs League but apparently they havent got much room to move under the cap.

Pete Cash
February 24th, 2008, 7:23 AM
Ahahahahha nice work Jets.

Will still probably be a CCM vs Newwie final.

:D :D :D :D

oh those poor gypsies commuting home from sydney on the horse and buggy would have been most sad. As anyone knows Newcastle and the Hunter Valley are better than Gosford and The Central Coast.

Grimario
February 24th, 2008, 9:32 AM
Just got back from the game. So fucking tired but cant sleep :hyper:

Got down there at 2 to find that, despite there being acres of space, they had labelled the parking at Moore Park as full and shipped us off to Randwick Racecourse. Took a wrong turn and ended up on a road behind it and decided to just park there instead of at the parking lot in the middle of the racecourse. 4km later (and with my level of woeful fitness, I think I was close to dying at some points), we joined the massive throng of people and headed inside. Tickets were for the supporters bay, spent the entire game screaming and jumping (once again, my level of fitness... :nono:) and then walked back to the minibus.

I am absolutely fucked. Knees and calves especially fucked. Throat most of all though. Going to be an interesting day at work tomorrow trying to do anything without a voice... :happysad:

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

1_Pablo_Angel
February 24th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Wages are going to be the problem I believe. Maybe a short term signing for the Champs League but apparently they havent got much room to move under the cap.

Stefan Moore just got binned off by QPR though. I doubt he's asking for much, surely you can afford 3/4k per week?

1_Pablo_Angel
February 24th, 2008, 10:07 AM
And, champs league? What?

Grimario
February 24th, 2008, 4:16 PM
Asian Champions League. Same concept as UEFA but with teams from the Asian fed.

Grimario
February 28th, 2008, 5:55 PM
Joel Griffiths - Johnny Warren Medal
Bruce Djite - Rising Star Award
Gary Van Egmond - Coach of the Year
Newcastle Jets - Fair Play Award (not a single red, all season, immense)

In other news... the Phoenix are shaping up to be a defensive monster next season. Just completed the signing of Durante (:cry:) and Jon McKain. If they can stay injury free, they will be the best centre back pairing in the league. No one else will come close :yes:

mj the kid
February 28th, 2008, 5:57 PM
La Galaxy will be good to watch. MAD MIRON :hyper:

Simmo Fortyone
February 29th, 2008, 9:01 PM
How the fuck are Sydney FC able to afford everyone?

Simmo Fortyone
February 29th, 2008, 9:18 PM
Anyone support Melbourne Victory on here?

Apparently you've had Stefan Moore down for a trial and he scored twice in a reserve match this week.

Anyway he's a former Villa player and member of our all conquering youth team of 5 or 6 years ago. He's been pretty shit ever since, but he had potential once. Be interestsing to see how he gets on down under.
Signed for Walsall yesterday :yes:

wolferine
March 4th, 2008, 6:48 AM
How the fuck are Sydney FC able to afford everyone?

SFC has sold:

Zadkovic to Newcastle... Rudan and Talay to Avispa Fukuoka (J-league)... Patrick and Zdrilic were released and Juninio is off contract, so that's the marquee player...

Grimario
March 11th, 2008, 5:40 PM
Musialik confirmed to Sydney FC.

Where the fuck are they getting all of their money?!?!?! I call salary cap breach. Either that or they are only going to have a squad of 5 good players plus Aloisi then get the rest from the park on the way to each game.

Gutted about Musialik :(

Harry Peters
December 7th, 2008, 7:51 PM
Bumping this thread.

Anyone else see the Phoenix game on friday? Absolutely dominated by Adelaide 6-1.

Now Paston is estimated to be out for about a month with a rib injurey, so we will have to call up a replacement keeper.

mj the kid
December 8th, 2008, 5:05 PM
Adelaide are by far the best team in the comp IMO.

Melbourne are average. Queensland inconsistent. Mariners average. Sydney are rubbish. Phoenix are rubbish. Perth are better than their position shows. Newy are hilariously bad.

Grimario
December 8th, 2008, 5:17 PM
Did you see the Newcastle - Sydney game on the weekend, mj? Newcastle played beautiful football for about an hour before that capitulated. Intelligent runs, quick passing....

and zero finishing. We could have been 3-1 up at the half but in the end were lucky not to lose 4-1 :nono:

Harry Peters
December 8th, 2008, 7:05 PM
Adelaide just have class all over the field.

Phoenix vs. Perth should be a goody this week.

Version 6
December 8th, 2008, 7:17 PM
Did you see the Newcastle - Sydney game on the weekend, mj? Newcastle played beautiful football for about an hour before that capitulated. Intelligent runs, quick passing....

and zero finishing. We could have been 3-1 up at the half but in the end were lucky not to lose 4-1 :nono:

Wow. You guys call that beautiful football?

Some really nice lead up plays from both sides, but nothing to get too excited about for the most part. Sydney's lead up play from midfield was good, but I can't help but think Brosque is wasted just tucking in so the fullback can take his wasteful crosses. If you're going to play him wide in midfield, actually let him get himself into some wide advanced spaces.

If Wanker Joel was up front for you boys you would have put at least one more away.

Grimario
December 19th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Didn't need Wanker Joel up front last night with a Matty T Hattie :cool:

Grimario
December 19th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Fucking hell, that smilie is awful.

Harry Peters
December 21st, 2008, 4:44 AM
Where is Griffiths anyway?

Good win for the Phoenix, holding on... Just.

Last years side would have let that lead slip for sure.

Grimario
December 21st, 2008, 4:49 AM
Oh, he is back now. Had two weeks off after the send off against your lot. Milligan was back too. Apart from his almost super blunder in the first few minutes, Milligan was rather fantastic on Friday night.

Harry Peters
December 21st, 2008, 7:49 AM
Oh, he is back now. Had two weeks off after the send off against your lot.

2 weeks for that kick?

That's a bit rough. Dodd's retaliation was far worse.

mj the kid
December 23rd, 2008, 8:02 AM
Oh, he is back now. Had two weeks off after the send off against your lot. Milligan was back too. Apart from his almost super blunder in the first few minutes, Milligan was rather fantastic on Friday night.

Any chance you can go to Fannies and keep him off the cones and disco biscuits?

If he stays off them he may able to salvage his career. Talent but no brain that kid.

son_of_foley
January 26th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Newcastle Jets Mile Sterjovski next 2 weeks before ACL. FIND ME MORE INFROMATION PLEASE.

Grimario
August 8th, 2009, 5:29 AM
Well, North Queensland Fury just lost the first competitive game of their history, losing 3-2 against Sydney FC. Robbie Fowler captained NQF, played the entire match and got a goal from the penalty spot.

Other results this weekend so far were a surprise 2-0 win by Central Coast over defending champions Melbourne Victory and a 1-0 win by Adelaide United over the side who SOF will undoubtedly love, Sterjovski's Perth Glory.

Brisbane Roar and Gold Coast United up yet, woop woop :hyper:

My beloved Jets against Wellington tomorrow :hyper:

Grimario
August 8th, 2009, 7:36 AM
GCU looked good in pieces tonight. Bit scary when you think that it wasn't their first choice keeper, they still have their Ivorian U21 international left back to get work clearance and Ryan Griffiths will join at the end of the Chinese season. They could honestly be a scary prospect for any team.

mj the kid
August 8th, 2009, 9:11 AM
FORZA GOLD COAST!

Kofi Dannings goal was lovely in the Sydney game.

Grimario
August 8th, 2009, 9:45 AM
True news. He was fantastic in the first half, pretty much disappeared in the second though.

Still hate Aloisi though, former scummer.

Grimario
August 9th, 2009, 3:03 AM
Lucky it's my back that is fucked and not my heart. Might have lost it watching that Jets game. Nice to have a win and Triantis looked pretty fucking good for a Wheelhouse replacement. In fact, reckon we should fuck Wheelhouse off and keep Triantis. At least he has potential, I think Wheelhouse has hit the cap of his limited ability. 3-2, whooooooo!

Grimario
September 3rd, 2009, 5:41 AM
Fucking hell, I think I am going to be sick. That knee buckling always churns my guts. :barf:

Grimario
December 17th, 2009, 9:15 AM
Lucky it's my back that is fucked and not my heart. Might have lost it watching that Jets game. Nice to have a win and Triantis looked pretty fucking good for a Wheelhouse replacement. In fact, reckon we should fuck Wheelhouse off and keep Triantis. At least he has potential, I think Wheelhouse has hit the cap of his limited ability. 3-2, whooooooo!

Ahaha, fucking hell, look how anti-Wheelhouse I was back then :nono: Him, Thomo and Rooney have been our best for the last few weeks, hope we can keep it up against NQF on the weekend.

Grimario
July 14th, 2010, 5:19 AM
Bump bump bump.

Jets new Italian signing is having his first run out tonight against some Institute of Sport side. Our recruits this season have not all been 35 year olds looking for a last pay day... and although he is a bit older, Wehrman is a player I loved about a thousand years ago and would really like to see him do well, maybe get some A-League based national caps if we continue DUTCH and play witth two holding midfielders.

mj the kid
July 14th, 2010, 8:04 PM
I played against 1 of the NBN premier league teams from Newy last weekend which had a couple of the Jets scouts watching. They were seriously farken good. We defended for 90mins and lost 3-0.

Grimario
July 14th, 2010, 8:06 PM
A few seasons ago, the Jets got done in a pre-season friendly by BROADMEADOW MAGIC. I think we took 3 of their players...

mj the kid
July 17th, 2010, 10:37 AM
We got done by Valentine Phoenix. Broadmeadow looked pretty good too. Toronto looked horrendous though.

I cant see anyone beating Sydney this year. I may be biased but they look like they will improve. Colosimo the only real loss.

Grimario
July 20th, 2010, 7:29 PM
Sydney do look pretty fabulous. Jamieson is an immense signing, would have loved him at the Jets. Does it mean Byun is moving sides or into a central role in midfield? He was one of your best last year as well.

The Jets actually look good in pre-season. Abbas looks to be back to the player he was when Iraq won stuff, our whole squad has a fairly wonderful cohesion about it and last years surprise player, Wheelhouse, is back from injury and hopefully taking another step forward. I remember being hopeful for him years ago watching Newcastle United - possibly more hopeful now that last season showed a glimpse of talent rather than a poor mans Grella/Tiatto/Muscat thug. Zadkovic is back from injury too... don't know where he will be playing but I can't see Tarek being bumped from right fullback for him.

Also, central coast scummers cancelled our friendly on the Thursday. A bunch of us from work were heading down to Budgewoi to shout at scummers :cry:

Grimario
August 3rd, 2010, 11:50 PM
:hyper:

BACK TOMORROW!

:hyper:

Grimario
August 13th, 2010, 7:58 AM
What a fucking crock of shit football is. FUCKING HATE YOU, FOOTBALL.

Can't ever remember being more disappointed with a point. Now, it's fucking cold and I have to spend at least an hour on public transport. FUCK.

:cry:

mj the kid
October 4th, 2010, 8:03 PM
Sydney are fucking shit. What the fuck happened.

Grimario
October 21st, 2010, 1:05 AM
So, been a while, eh?

- Newcastle Jets collapsed with Con in charge.
- Nathan Tinkler (appaz worth $450m+) takes over the club.
- Immediate engagement with the community, all <15 free entry, $10 general admission tickets, $100 family season pass (<$5 per adult for remaining games), commits to 10 years of ownership.
- Community game day - 31st October against Heart. 10,000 free tickets, wants a capacity stadium
- Gets long term commitment from manager to shape the club
- Out of nowhere, has a game against LA Galaxy rubber stamped for 27th November
- Francis Jeffers joins the squad for a 10 game (3 month) guest stint
- Tinkler to use LA Galaxy visit to discuss massive loan move for David Beckham at end of MLS season :wtf::hyper:

And our equal leading goal scorer is a defender who plays for another team :(

Chris Scott
November 17th, 2010, 8:29 PM
Watched a half hour or so program on how Fowler is doing in Aussie land and fir Perth. It was quite good seems like he is enjoying himself.

Grimario
November 17th, 2010, 8:38 PM
Must be archived footage or the most recent game. Don't think he has played much up until last weekend when he scored a hat trick. He was in England providing expert commentary for the mersey side derby just a few weeks ago, wasn't he? Shows how much he loves it here...

Chris Scott
November 17th, 2010, 8:45 PM
Yeah could have been.

I know he was having his interview on the beach with the sun out.

Grimario
November 17th, 2010, 9:00 PM
Certainly not in England then... could be anytime here in Australia. It's all beaches and sunshine :yes:

Chris Scott
November 18th, 2010, 4:30 AM
Don't make me jealous Grim :(

Robbie still looked as White as ever.

Grimario
November 18th, 2010, 4:33 AM
It's been a bit grey and miserable here lately, mate. Perth on the west coast is having a heat wave though, was 40 there today. We had a chilly 22 degrees here, rained a bit :( Down to 20 tomorrow, more rain :cry:

Chris Scott
November 18th, 2010, 4:40 AM
Poor you with more rain, my heart bleeds. It's been raining near enough every day here and the winds are strong, my fence panel was ripped off and bits ended up on my garden shed.

I need to find a highlight show of Aussie games, any ideas?

Grimario
November 18th, 2010, 4:55 AM
http://www.a-league.com.au/

Maybe?

http://wm.footballaustralia.com.au/HAL/HAL_2010-11/HAL2010-11_Week13.wmv

http://wm.footballaustralia.com.au/HAL/HAL_2010-11/HAL2010-11_Week14.wmv

Chris Scott
November 18th, 2010, 5:21 AM
Superb, I'll watch them later.

Grimario
November 18th, 2010, 5:28 AM
ACtually, that is a shit awful highlights package. It's the goals and nothing more :(

Chris Scott
November 18th, 2010, 5:31 AM
You have no Aussie Match of the Day?

Grimario
December 4th, 2010, 6:19 AM
You have no Aussie Match of the Day?

There is a show called Fox Sports FC that runs every Tuesday night (from memory) and has an hour on the A-League and an hour on world football... but no chance of finding that online legally.

In other news... no snow here in Australia, all games going ahead ;)

Newcastle Jets vs North Queensland Fury right now if anyone is bored and wants some football :yes:

Gary J
December 4th, 2010, 6:29 AM
How's Francis Jeffers doing ?

Grimario
December 4th, 2010, 6:33 AM
Pretty much changed our team. Hasn't scored yet but the space he makes for everyone else is brilliant. He went off in our last game with a groin injury and the rest of the game we did nothing, his replacement making the most obvious runs and getting frustrated that nothing was going his way. Groin injury wasn't so bad, he is back tonight :yes:

Grimario
December 4th, 2010, 6:58 AM
Gary J, I hope you aren't watching the game. Fucking hell, it's dire at the moment.

Gary J
December 4th, 2010, 7:11 AM
Yeah i thought i'd watch before heading out to the shops to get some food since well my cupboards are empty. The game is making me think i'll head out earlier.

Glad to hear Jeffers is doing well i've always liked him since he was a wonderkid for my Hull City team on Champ manager.

Grimario
December 4th, 2010, 7:59 AM
You left too soon, mate, our beloved Topor-Stanley has put us 1-0 up :hyper:

RFF Champ
March 27th, 2011, 5:56 PM
Any of you boys seen Mustafa Amini play?

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/41817_164906740202314_3156653_n.jpg

The haircut will look brilliant alongside Coloccini.

We've had him on trial and now he's on trial at Dortmund and appaz there may be a little bidding war.

Grimario
March 27th, 2011, 11:23 PM
If he is playing alongside Coloccini, your manager needs the sack. Unless Collocini has been re-trained as an attacking midfielder, then it's ok.

He is a filthy gypsy scum and if he wasn't going to be pretty amazing, I would wish many painful injuries on him and a short, pointless career.

Also, pretty sure his hair looks TINY there in comparison to reality. It's really quite huge now.

RFF Champ
March 28th, 2011, 6:14 AM
I didn't say anything about playing alongside Colo you mentalist.

I saw a few more recent pictures and the hair is phenomenal. Why is he such a gypo then? You mustafa reason!

Grimario
March 28th, 2011, 6:48 PM
Yeah, don't mind me and my inability to read.

He is a gypo because he plays for our dirty gypsy scum rivals.

RFF Champ
March 29th, 2011, 3:59 AM
Oh I see. What a gypo.

I bet he goes to Dortmund because they have better caravans.

son_of_foley
March 29th, 2011, 4:43 AM
Leo Sayer wannabe

Grimario
May 30th, 2011, 11:25 PM
Oh I see. What a gypo.

I bet he goes to Dortmund because they have better caravans.

Or he doesn't go anywhere because the scummers mental chairman said "No, we want 700,000 euros plus 30% of whatever you sell him for next time" in negotiations. Here is hoping he gets a terrible stomach virus for the entire season and then moves on a free so the scum get screwed over.

Season draw is out... not that any of you lot care :(

http://www.a-league.com.au/site/_content/document/00002236-source.pdf

New Years Eve game should be brilliant.

Version 6
May 31st, 2011, 12:27 AM
Oh, does A-League still happen?

Grimario
May 31st, 2011, 12:33 AM
Sure does, mate. I hate you btw.

mj the kid
May 31st, 2011, 6:26 AM
Amini is an excellent little player. So is the African kid Ibini.

Grimario
May 31st, 2011, 7:34 PM
Yeah, Bernie ibini-Isei is definitely a decent prospect... no idea how working under Arnold will work out for the pair of them.

I still can't get over how brilliant the final was, watching Hutcho sit on the pitch crying after they blew that lead was the second greatest grand final moment behind us winning it, obviously.

Chris Scott
June 1st, 2011, 4:34 PM
From our website

Robbie Fowler has today brought an end to his Australian adventure with Perth Glory.

The Reds legend has informed his club he will not be returning down under next season, citing personal reasons are behind his decision.

Fowler said: "Firstly, I'd like to show my appreciation to the chairman for his understanding.

"The chairman has been exceptional since I signed for the club, and I thank him for the opportunity to play for Perth Glory.

"I have a wonderful and loving family to consider and with the children in school, it's best to keep them settled.

"I also need to stay in the UK to complete my coaching badges.

"I thank everyone at Perth Glory and in Western Australia for making me feel so welcome and I wish (manager) Ian Ferguson and the players all the best for the coming season."

Grimario
June 8th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Jets had their first pre-season trial last night. Won 3-0 against a local league team, not a bad effort considering half of our lot were just on trial players and we were missing a few of our bigger names. Still no idea why we are playing a trial right now considering the season is still FOUR MONTHS away. FFS, that is madness :(

Grimario
June 21st, 2011, 12:26 AM
Jets membership details leaked.

Supporters packs include:

■Reserved Seat for ALL 13 Jets Home Games (with exceptions)
■Exclusive 2011/12 Member Scarf
■Exclusive 2011/12 Member Cap
■Junior Jet Pack (Junior Members only)
■2011/12 Membership Card
■2011/12 Keyring
■2011/12 Bumper Sticker
■2011/12 Magnetic Fixture
■2011/12 Lanyard
■Exclusive BBQ with the jets squad (Gold members)
■Regular exclusive E-Newsletter
■Exclusive entry to Member Events
■Free entry to selected jets westfield w-league & national youth league home matches
■Priority purchase period for jets HYUNDAI A-LEAGUE finals matches
■Membership of the ‘Football Family’ with Priority Access to Socceroos matches and other offers

Prices:

Gold $240
Silver $160
Community reserved/squadron (active support) $115
Community GA $110
Regional $70 (3 game pass, >100km from stadium)
International Supporters $60 (pack only, no games)

Stick those awesome prices in your pipe and smoke it.

Grimario
October 4th, 2011, 6:20 AM
Busy few months in the A-League...

Harry Kewell signs for Melbourne Victory
Brett Emerton signs for Sydney FC
Jason Culina signs for Newcastle Jets (to play under his father)
Jason Culina has a recurrence of a long term knee injury, will sit out the entire season on a hefty pay packet (under his father)
A-League Launch Day
(2 hours later) Brank Culina sacked
Newcastle Jets put in request to "set aside" Jason Culina's contract with some legal jargon by way of explanation.

Fuck me, typical Newcastle Jets :hyper:

RFF Champ
April 10th, 2012, 6:19 PM
Grimmo, what's happening to the Jets?

Grimario
April 10th, 2012, 7:53 PM
Hunter Sports Group (owned by billionare mining magnate Nathan Tinkler) have "handed in" their license to the FFA citing irreconcilable differences, including an exorbitant "license acquisition fee" ($5m for a club losing millions a year), disputes over player insurance (our marquee player Culina (see above) wasn't insured by the league last season and we are wearing his entire pay packet at the moment, court of arbirtration is settling dispute apparently), complaints about the unsustainable financial (mis)management of the league ($30m loss this season), awful club selection processes (3 clubs folded in first 7 years of league, 5 others required "saving" by new financial backers), shambolic sponsorship process (league negotiates exclusive sponsorship deals meaning clubs can't get sponsorship from car/travel/telco companies)... basically a whole bunch of stuff. The FFA is a joke and need to be brought to accountability for pretty much destroying football in this country.

However, Tinkler is a massive prick. Filthy rich, arrogant !@#! and complete douche bag. Rumour has it that this is a tantrum because a) he has lost $150m on his racehorses this year and b) local government turned down his application for a new coal loader in Newcastle. Hope he chokes on his caviar and truffle sandwich whilst crashing his ferrari into a brick wall.

Grimario
April 20th, 2012, 12:41 AM
And it's done.

https://sitedesq.imgstg.com/clubconsolepopups/dsp_email_viewer.cfm?EmailTemplateID=23179&OrgID=7644

Dear MEMBERFIRSTNAME,

Newcastle Jets Confirm Return of A-League Licence

The Newcastle Jets confirm that following last week’s announcement and attempts at seeking resolution with Football Federation Australia (FFA) that the decision remains to return the Newcastle Jets A-League Licence.

Despite recent inflammatory comments by FFA Management, lengthy discussions between Troy Palmer of Newcastle Jets and Ben Buckley, CEO FFA took place in which the Newcastle Jets proposed options for a compromise.

In relation to the major issues between the Newcastle Jets and FFA that have led to this untenable situation, Newcastle Jets proposed the following:

The Newcastle Jets Licence fee be reviewed and amended in line with the fees paid by the owners of Adelaide United. A transaction completed only 2 months after the Jets were saved.
The Jason Culina insurance matter be settled immediately with financial liability being shared equally between the Newcastle Jets, FFA and the Player.
The Newcastle Jets will invest $250,000 on behalf of all clubs and the FFA to create an independent taskforce to review ownership, financial and commercial models of football competitions globally to make recommendations on improving the sustainability and transparency of the A-League with a view of implementation in the 2013/14 Season.
The Newcastle Jets continue with the A-League Licence until 30 June 2020.
Mr Buckley immediately rejected the above proposal.

This inflexible stance highlights the inequitable position and ongoing discrimination in which the Jets have been placed over the past 18 months. The FFA’s mindset of being unwilling to negotiate provides a clear impression that FFA does not want the Newcastle Jets to be part of the football family.

Confident of its legal position, Newcastle Jets now welcome and look forward to any forthcoming legal action. Such action will bring transparency and integrity to dealings that the Newcastle Jets have sought throughout its involvement in the A-League.

Whilst disappointed to be pushed into this position, the Newcastle Jets remain proud of its achievements to rebuild the Jets by attracting over 10,000 Members, greatly increasing crowd attendance, securing major corporate support, creation of a Merchandise program that set benchmarks in the A-League and the establishment of a Football Department befitting of a professional code. All elements that were not in place when the Newcastle Jets were saved in September 2010.

As a not for profit organisation, the Newcastle Jets made a commitment to its community, to football and to aspiring juniors in the area. This commitment remains, with further investment in junior development and an elite academy in the Hunter.

Finally, the Newcastle Jets remain committed to working with contracted players and staff to identify new career opportunities.

* The Newcastle Jets apologise for the timing of this announcement before the A-League Grand Final, however a formal response was requested by the FFA's legal team before the close of business today.

Grimario
April 20th, 2012, 12:42 AM
And it's done.

https://sitedesq.imgstg.com/clubconsolepopups/dsp_email_viewer.cfm?EmailTemplateID=23179&OrgID=7644

Dear MEMBERFIRSTNAME,

Newcastle Jets Confirm Return of A-League Licence

The Newcastle Jets confirm that following last week’s announcement and attempts at seeking resolution with Football Federation Australia (FFA) that the decision remains to return the Newcastle Jets A-League Licence.

Despite recent inflammatory comments by FFA Management, lengthy discussions between Troy Palmer of Newcastle Jets and Ben Buckley, CEO FFA took place in which the Newcastle Jets proposed options for a compromise.

In relation to the major issues between the Newcastle Jets and FFA that have led to this untenable situation, Newcastle Jets proposed the following:

The Newcastle Jets Licence fee be reviewed and amended in line with the fees paid by the owners of Adelaide United. A transaction completed only 2 months after the Jets were saved.
The Jason Culina insurance matter be settled immediately with financial liability being shared equally between the Newcastle Jets, FFA and the Player.
The Newcastle Jets will invest $250,000 on behalf of all clubs and the FFA to create an independent taskforce to review ownership, financial and commercial models of football competitions globally to make recommendations on improving the sustainability and transparency of the A-League with a view of implementation in the 2013/14 Season.
The Newcastle Jets continue with the A-League Licence until 30 June 2020.
Mr Buckley immediately rejected the above proposal.

This inflexible stance highlights the inequitable position and ongoing discrimination in which the Jets have been placed over the past 18 months. The FFA’s mindset of being unwilling to negotiate provides a clear impression that FFA does not want the Newcastle Jets to be part of the football family.

Confident of its legal position, Newcastle Jets now welcome and look forward to any forthcoming legal action. Such action will bring transparency and integrity to dealings that the Newcastle Jets have sought throughout its involvement in the A-League.

Whilst disappointed to be pushed into this position, the Newcastle Jets remain proud of its achievements to rebuild the Jets by attracting over 10,000 Members, greatly increasing crowd attendance, securing major corporate support, creation of a Merchandise program that set benchmarks in the A-League and the establishment of a Football Department befitting of a professional code. All elements that were not in place when the Newcastle Jets were saved in September 2010.

As a not for profit organisation, the Newcastle Jets made a commitment to its community, to football and to aspiring juniors in the area. This commitment remains, with further investment in junior development and an elite academy in the Hunter.

Finally, the Newcastle Jets remain committed to working with contracted players and staff to identify new career opportunities.

* The Newcastle Jets apologise for the timing of this announcement before the A-League Grand Final, however a formal response was requested by the FFA's legal team before the close of business today.

Version 6
April 20th, 2012, 12:51 AM
FREEDOM OF SPEECH

Simmo Fortyone
June 30th, 2014, 9:30 PM
David Villa? Frank Lampard?

"Hello? Is this Bandwagon Tours? One ticket to AAMI Park please!"

Grimario
June 30th, 2014, 9:49 PM
Don't forget Damien Duff!

And David Williams!!!

Simmo Fortyone
June 30th, 2014, 9:50 PM
I am absolutely going to wear my Melbourne Heart scarf to game and act like a hipster flog.

"Where were you in 2012?" etc

Grimario
June 30th, 2014, 10:16 PM
"I was around in the Aloisi days, ffs!"

Version 6
July 1st, 2014, 12:35 AM
"I was there for Vinnie Grella's half hour".

Matthew
July 1st, 2014, 1:26 AM
i love the a-league

it is on usually really late for me

i shouldn't be up that late

puts me right to sleep

thanks, a-league

Simmo Fortyone
July 1st, 2014, 2:35 AM
"JOSIP SKOKO, ULEH"

RFF Champ
November 7th, 2014, 6:17 AM
Carrusca for Adelaide is having a right jolly up in this league. He's streets ahead of everyone else.

Grimario
November 7th, 2014, 7:40 AM
Way to jinx him. That miss, ffs.

RFF Champ
November 7th, 2014, 9:53 AM
Ha, that miss was a shocker. I think they'd have won with Djite.

Grimario
November 8th, 2014, 3:31 AM
Just realised you'll get to watch my shower of shite team next week.

RFF Champ
November 8th, 2014, 4:52 AM
Jets were on earlier, playing on a sand pit.

Brisbane are so bad yet they were last years finalists, where did it all go wrong?

Grimario
November 8th, 2014, 5:48 AM
Jets were on earlier, playing on a sand pit.

Brisbane are so bad yet they were last years finalists, where did it all go wrong?

Brand new pitch actually, only finished it in Thursday.

They had the best striker in the league last year and the Socceroos right back. One moved to Melbourne, the other to Russia. More than that, I think teams have almost worked them out. We were awful last year and beat them in all games.

RFF Champ
November 11th, 2014, 6:16 AM
Fuck Carrusca. Markinovic!

Grimario
November 11th, 2014, 7:29 AM
Didn't watch it, was at my mother in law's graduation ceremony. Two hours of my life I will NEVER get back.

On the plus side, had awesome vietnamese food for dinner.

RFF Champ
November 14th, 2014, 5:14 AM
Solorzano's arm looks like it's about to fall off the way he's running about with it.

RFF Champ
November 14th, 2014, 6:18 AM
Jets are very bad.

Grimario
November 14th, 2014, 6:20 AM
Jets are very bad.

Barnet would beat us. Coach doesn't have a fucking clue.

Embarrassing.

RFF Champ
November 20th, 2014, 5:11 AM
Gameiro out for the season. Cruel game.

Grimario
November 20th, 2014, 6:05 AM
He was out for 8 weeks last year after knee injury suffered at a promotional thing as well.

RFF Champ
November 20th, 2014, 6:08 AM
Last year he struggled though right? From pre-season onwards he's been scoring well and must have been close to a senior call up.

Grimario
November 20th, 2014, 3:46 PM
Last year he struggled though right? From pre-season onwards he's been scoring well and must have been close to a senior call up.

I think our lack of strikers meant he might have had a shot, yeah.

RFF Champ
November 28th, 2014, 5:34 AM
3-2 at halftime. A-League is the best league in the World.

Grimario
November 28th, 2014, 5:39 AM
What a ridiculous first half.

RFF Champ
November 28th, 2014, 6:15 AM
As if he's taken Carrusca off.

RFF Champ
November 28th, 2014, 6:39 AM
Ahaha 92nd minute, how's he missed that?

Grimario
November 28th, 2014, 6:40 AM
As if he's taken Carrusca off.

First game back from injury.

Great second half too.

RFF Champ
December 3rd, 2014, 5:27 AM
Brisbane's form is confusing because they play good, dominant football.

RFF Champ
December 5th, 2014, 5:18 AM
Interesting camera work here.

Grimario
December 5th, 2014, 8:24 AM
Interesting camera work here.

At that shitty cricket pitch? Not surprising. Scumbag owner who made his fortune with some UK phone sex line wants to move the club to Sydney and have that as their home ground. Farcical really.

Didn't see the game though, glad coastie scum lost.

RFF Champ
December 5th, 2014, 9:10 AM
The cameras went down and then we had to watch the feed of a phone recording from the halfway line.

Grimario
December 16th, 2014, 4:55 AM
You watching the Cup final, Alex? Your two favourites, Carrusca and Marinkovic facing off.

RFF Champ
December 16th, 2014, 5:27 AM
Yeah, not happy with the treatment Carrusca is getting.

RFF Champ
December 16th, 2014, 5:55 AM
What a pass, what a finish. Carrusca delivers.

RFF Champ
December 19th, 2014, 5:08 AM
Jets can't get near Carrusca, that pass to Sanchez!

Grimario
December 19th, 2014, 5:29 AM
Unbelievable Jets.

RFF Champ
December 19th, 2014, 5:36 AM
I'll never know how they didn't score.

Grimario
December 19th, 2014, 5:56 AM
A goal!

Grimario
December 19th, 2014, 6:42 AM
I forgot what celebrating a win feels like.

RFF Champ
December 20th, 2014, 5:32 AM
A-League and its broadcasters have done a grear job of marketing their product and most definitely don't need to be fawning over a guy with 50 PL appearances because he is on the bench.

RFF Champ
January 2nd, 2015, 4:44 AM
Looking forward to this one!

RFF Champ
January 2nd, 2015, 4:58 AM
Strength and finish from Keogh, good goal.

Grimario
January 2nd, 2015, 5:06 AM
Leijer is so garbage. Hope this is an absolute rout.

RFF Champ
January 2nd, 2015, 5:24 AM
Barbarouses and Thompson are so frustrating. They make great positions for themselves but can't shoot or cross.

Grimario
January 2nd, 2015, 5:34 AM
Kosta can do both of those... He just has no football brain and never chooses the right option if he chooses one at all.

And Archie is the all time leading scorer I think, so that's not true either... He's just got old.

Grimario
January 5th, 2015, 6:31 AM
You not watching tonight, Alex? Your two favourites again.

Simmo Fortyone
January 6th, 2015, 5:20 PM
City are playing such fucking pedestrian football at the moment. It feels like they banked everything on Villa getting them bulk wins early on then coasting to the finals.

Thank fuck for the Asian Cup break :\

Grimario
January 7th, 2015, 10:05 PM
You didn't watch them smash us then? That was far from pedestrian...

Our CEO and Chairman have resigned. What a fucking farcical situation we are in.

RFF Champ
January 8th, 2015, 5:40 PM
Was Luke Brattan anywhere near the Asia Cup squad?

Grimario
January 8th, 2015, 5:47 PM
If it was picked last year, definitely... but Roar have been a shambles this season and he hasn't looked half the player he was. None of their squad has... not that it matters to the national team, shit players like Matt McKay still get called up. Must have pictures of Ange or something.

Grimario
January 28th, 2015, 7:08 AM
You didn't watch them smash us then? That was far from pedestrian...

Our CEO and Chairman have resigned. What a fucking farcical situation we are in.

Alex, you following any of this?

Gk coach, assistant manager, fitness coach sacked.
Captain, vice captain and threeother senior players sacked. We're fucked.

BBF
March 21st, 2015, 3:03 AM
OFFSIDE. SHE GAVE OFFSIDE

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAmgtf_UQAAqSM2.jpg:large

Grimario
March 21st, 2015, 8:08 AM
The bizarre thing about it is she's historically been one of the best in the league.

Didn't matter in the end.

BBF
March 26th, 2015, 4:10 AM
How good is Ben Khalfallah by the way. He's by far the best player in the league.

RFF Champ
March 26th, 2015, 4:54 AM
Behave.

Torn
March 26th, 2015, 5:14 AM
Yeah christ next you'll be saying Ross McCormack is the best player in the Championship!

RFF Champ
March 26th, 2015, 5:18 AM
He's definitely top 5 and I could make a strong case for it. I never said he was by far the best player in the division!

RFF Champ
March 26th, 2015, 5:37 AM
Brentford 2 (Dean 81, Jota 90) - Fulham 1 (Rodallega 57)

Possession: 64%-36%
Shots: 18 - 9
MOTM: Ross McCormack

Torn
March 26th, 2015, 5:47 AM
I'm not sure a laughable MOTM given by Sky which McCormack was embarrased to accept helps your argument any?

JOTA
IN THE LAST MINUTE

RFF Champ
March 26th, 2015, 5:49 AM
What about the assist for the goal? That MOTM should have gone to the keeper, agreed, but he was still the only bit of quality in Fulham's side.

Torn
March 26th, 2015, 5:54 AM
Harlee fell over, gifted them the ball and gave McCormack all the time in the world!

I'm not saying he's a bad player he's easily Fulham's best player and quite classy, just isn't the best player in the division..

BBF
March 26th, 2015, 6:05 AM
Behave.

Who is better?

RFF Champ
March 26th, 2015, 6:47 AM
Carrusca, then included in the debate for me Mooy, Brattan, Djite, Markinovich, Janko, Broich, Dimitrjevic and Khalfallah, probably more. There's no way he's the best player by any distance.

Grimario
March 26th, 2015, 7:06 AM
Marinkovic, ffs.
Dimitrjevic isn't very good and Djite isn't either. Certainly not in the same breath as Carrusca, Broich, Janko or FBK.

RFF Champ
March 26th, 2015, 7:08 AM
Djite I agree with, he's mainly pacy and links well with Carrusca. Dmitrijevic I like. I can't be having one as being much better than any other though. I'm going to send BBF a Carrusca highlights package.

BBF
March 26th, 2015, 8:48 AM
FBK >> Carrusca >>> Janko > Broich > *

MARINKOVIC :LOL:

Everything Ben Khalfallah does is effortless and when he's on form I'd definitely say he's the best player in the league. Carrusca is very good and then the step off to Jano and Broich is a bit steeper.

Grimario
March 27th, 2015, 9:18 PM
Can't believe I forgot The Fink in my list of names.

FBK was completely anonymous last night, kept quiet by a 10 year old first gamer.

Finkler stole the show, two exquisite distance strikes into the corner.

Red Dog
March 27th, 2015, 10:32 PM
I went to Brisbane Roar v Wellington Phoenix last week.

It got rained off after 70 mins which was a bit mad.

Fair to say the standard was not very good which I was surprised about as Brisbane are the champions I think?

Grimario
March 27th, 2015, 10:57 PM
I went to Brisbane Roar v Wellington Phoenix last week.

It got rained off after 70 mins which was a bit mad.

Fair to say the standard was not very good which I was surprised about as Brisbane are the champions I think?

Brisbane are the champions, yes... but partly because it's a salary capped league, partly because their coach was a dick and partly because of Champions League, they've been horrific this year.

BBF
March 28th, 2015, 2:42 AM
Can't believe I forgot The Fink in my list of names.

FBK was completely anonymous last night, kept quiet by a 10 year old first gamer.

Finkler stole the show, two exquisite distance strikes into the corner.

Agreed. FBK had a couple of runs that were lovely but Finkler was incredible. That second strike was gorgeous.

BBF
April 24th, 2015, 5:39 AM
FBK is staying with Victory YUSYUSYUSYUSYUS BY A MILE

Grimario
April 26th, 2015, 10:00 PM
Beebs or Alex, did you guys get to see the Goal of the Year over the weekend? Some are claiming it as contender for Puskas award, has got media coverage in South America and Europe since...

http://metro.co.uk/2015/04/26/puskas-contender-tarek-elrich-scores-this-outrageous-solo-goal-5168395/

Simmo Fortyone
May 11th, 2015, 9:57 PM
Shelled out 60 bucks a seat for me and the gf for the semi on Friday night.

Great atmosphere but fuck me, how did City even made the finals? Shithouse showing.

I do like Victory but hate their fans, so will go for Sydney in the final.

Grimario
May 11th, 2015, 11:39 PM
Shelled out 60 bucks a seat for me and the gf for the semi on Friday night.

Great atmosphere but fuck me, how did City even made the finals? Shithouse showing.

I do like Victory but hate their fans, so will go for Sydney in the final.

Because the finals system is farcical. Top 60% of the league makes it... and even worse this year because they took seventh as well after salary cap rort by Perth.

Finals are shit IMO, should just be first past the post after 4 games against everyone.

Simmo Fortyone
May 12th, 2015, 3:08 AM
Should have said "how did they make the semi"?

Yeah having a finals system doesn't really fly with the rest of the world (except MLS) but if you're gonna reel in the casual fan then it's gotta look like other major sporting comps they've grown up with. If they had have done the FFA Cup from day dot then maybe you could get away with not having them.

BBF
May 12th, 2015, 4:17 AM
Watched both semi finals last weekend with work but missing the final on Sunday morning as I'm at Legoland. Will sit in the bathroom of the hotel streaming it :yes:

I've come to bloody love the A League since I started working there. Entertainment wise I think its one of the best in the world.

RFF Champ
May 12th, 2015, 4:29 AM
Easily. Not even a contest.

BBF
May 12th, 2015, 4:35 AM
Argentina is good just cos its batshit mental and has the odd player who is just insanely good (same with Brazil to a degree). Korea is brilliant too mainly as they are so so so so so so so so so so shit.

A League has a really good mix of all of it. Quality players, shit players and just mental fans. Can't wait for it all to start again in October.

Peter Griffin
May 12th, 2015, 7:58 AM
BBF hook me up with a job watching football, sounds dope.

BBF
May 12th, 2015, 8:01 AM
Get a degree in something statistical, be really good at maths, know betting terms well and live a commutable distance to Kensington, London and I can have you an interview next week.

Peter Griffin
May 12th, 2015, 10:44 AM
Easy.

Bad Collin
May 12th, 2015, 2:20 PM
What's the pay like? Would a degree in Economics do?

BBF
May 12th, 2015, 3:37 PM
Yes, that would be fine. We're actually hiring at the moment and if I refer someone they go straight to the assessment stage and bypass the shit. Want me to shoot you a PM with details?

Ringo
May 17th, 2015, 6:36 AM
http://gfycat.com/TartImmaculateEeve

Had to post that.

Grimario
May 17th, 2015, 7:17 AM
Was pretty scary watching it live on TV.

And then amusing when he got up and presented the trophy with one side of his head grass stained.

Grimario
May 19th, 2015, 10:20 PM
Possibly the end for my club today.

Over 2.5 years of unpaid super benefits, wages not paid on time for the third time this year, hiring fees for training facilities unpaid and walking away from their commitment to financial back the Emerging Jets (youth) program.

I hope it happens. Sooner we collapse and rebuild, the better.

Grimario
May 20th, 2015, 1:18 AM
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newcastle-jets-nathan-tinkler-puts-club-into-voluntary-administration-with-debts-of-27-million/story-e6freuy9-1227361493660

NEWCASTLE Jets owner Nathan Tinkler has revealed he has put the financially embattled A-League club into voluntary administration with debts of $2.7 million.

Tinkler says Scottish club Dundee United is ready to step in and buy the Jets for just under $5 million with a sale imminent.

But he claims the FFA may attempt to step in and take back the licence before any sale proceeds.

“I’ve been in negotiations with the FFA over the last few days and wasn’t able to get them to guarantee the licence and I haven’t been willing to pay wages unless they guaranteed that so I’ve put the club into administration just now,”Tinkler said.

“We’ve had an offer in for a couple of weeks from Dundee United. That offer is well in excess of the debts of the club and I’ve asked the administrator to get that sale done and that will see everyone get paid.

“Then, I can move on.

“The only risk to that is if the FFA decide to act in a morally bankrupt manner and take the licence and that presents a whole bunch of other issues.”

It is understood the FFA have also been talking to Dundee United.

The Jets’ financial problems have been threatening to boil over for quite some time and they came to a head late last week when Tinkler failed to pay staff and player wages on time for the third time in four months.

The FFA put an ultimatum to Tinkler on Monday to have the debts paid by Wednesday or risk forfeiting his licence.

A spokesman for FFA declined to comment, but under the terms of its ultimatum the governing body has to wait until close of business today, the point by which it had demanded Tinkler act, before it can move against the fallen magnate.

However it’s believed that a club going into administration is an automatic trigger for FFA to reclaim the A-League licence.

Well then.

I welcome our new tangerine overlords.

Grimario
May 20th, 2015, 2:44 AM
http://www.a-league.com.au/article/ffa-terminates-licence-of-newcastle-jets/1fpyhixur95rm10cicp1nuir74

Football Federation Australia (FFA) has today announced the immediate termination of the Hyundai A-League licence held by Newcastle Jets Football Operations Pty Ltd, a subsidiary of the Hunter Sports Group (HSG).
A new licence will be issued to a new entity owned and controlled by FFA. A club from Newcastle will remain a member of the Hyundai A-League and current players of the Newcastle Jets will be offered contracts with the new entity.
The termination is based on material breaches of the A-League licence held by Newcastle Jets Football Operations Pty Ltd, in relation to non-payment of players and staff, and an ongoing failure to meet standard operational requirements.
FFA notes that HSG placed the Newcastle Jets into voluntary administration today, which in itself is an act of insolvency and a breach of the A-League licence conditions.
FFA CEO David Gallop said HSG had been given every opportunity to continue as the owner and operator of the licence, but it was unable to meet the conditions required to do so.
“FFA has taken this action to protect the interests of the football community in Newcastle and the Hunter Valley, and to safeguard the image and reputation of the A-League and its member clubs,” said Gallop.
“Newcastle needs a club operating in a stable environment with certainty of resources in order to be successful and competitive in the A-League and to properly represent the community. HSG has proved to be incapable of meeting these requirements.
“HSG has behaved in a deplorable way towards the players and staff of the club in failing to meet basic obligations to pay wages. Anyone who takes control of a sporting club has an obligation to respect the people and the traditions of that club.
“HSG has failed miserably to in this regard. Today’s action to terminate the licence is the first step to restoring the proud traditions of football in Northern NSW.”
Gallop said that FFA will continue talks with several parties interested in the future ownership structure of the A-League club in Newcastle.
“First of all, we will listen to all the key stakeholders in Newcastle and the Hunter Valley,” said Gallop.
“This region has incredibly strong community values and any future ownership needs to have people at the heart of things.
“That’s a core value for football in Australia and something we are very committed to in relation to the A-League club in Newcastle.”

BBF
May 20th, 2015, 2:54 AM
So, do you blame Tinkler for all this? I remember a couple of games ago he was in the crowd with a couple of beers and your fans seemed like they loved him?

I assume you'll continue to support whatever Newcastle club rises from the ashes? Would you prefer the Dundee deal to go through or the FFA owned and controlled club? Surely an FFA controlled team would spell disaster if they started to genuinely compete?

Grimario
May 20th, 2015, 3:03 AM
He's utter scum. Only bought the Jets because he wanted the Knights (rugby league team). Only really wanted both of them to build a whole heap of community goodwill so when he proposed a new coal terminal, everyone would go "Oh Nathan, that super awesome Newy bloke, let's give him what he wants." Problem was he was always scum, long history of not paying debts on time and his proposal got vetoed. So he stopped funding the Knights, had it taken off him, and he has been slowly killing the Jets for almost this entire season. And those fucking idiots in the crowd... dickheads that wanted a selfie with the big man, that's it. Bunch of idiot kids, almost exclusively. Shortly after that, he was in the press room telling a journo that he hoped he died of cancer. Upstanding bloke.

Blame him, almost entirely... but FFA are partly to blame as well since they were the ones who stabbed Con in the back to give Tinkler the license in the first place.

BBF
May 20th, 2015, 3:40 AM
Weirdly, I've always seen him as a bit of a Mike Ashley.

Either way, I'm sorry for whats happened to your club. Its not the end though, which is great. Barnet relocate to a different part of London and have gone from strength to strength so a major, MAJOR change doesn't necessarily spell disaster.

Grimario
May 20th, 2015, 4:25 AM
It's all been a disaster since we won the league, basically. Dead last the next season, change of manager, change in ownership, fiasco of signing a player who was out with a career ending injury and his sacking, new ownership, new owner threatening to walk away, new owner walking away (but coming back), the dismemberment of the club identity to align it with his "brand" that he was trying to build (to align with the Knights colours), him threatening to walk away again, shit results on the field... and that was pretty much the same thing every year. This year, uninspiring coach appointment and then sacking 5 players and mutually terminating a bucketload more.

Surprised I still support them.

Grimario
May 20th, 2015, 5:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6Bb3MeiM4I

Haven't watched it yet but it's bound to have done great Jets defending in it.

Grimario
June 17th, 2015, 10:38 PM
Scott Miller, former Fulham coach + Youth team manager, has just been announced as our new gaffer.

Whooo. Still no owner yet.

RFF Champ
June 18th, 2015, 4:16 AM
Taggart to follow?

Grimario
June 18th, 2015, 6:27 AM
Taggart to follow?

There's been rumour of some Australian loam signings... Him and Burgess and some other guy. Williams?

Grimario
July 16th, 2015, 3:24 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Go-6_o17lU

BBF
July 16th, 2015, 3:34 AM
I'll have a watch of that later but if Barbarouses goal against City isn't number 1, I'll be shocked.

Grimario
July 16th, 2015, 3:38 AM
I'll have a watch of that later but if Barbarouses goal against City isn't number 1, I'll be shocked.

You'll be shocked then. #1 is a 70m run beating about 8 players (some of them twice) before slotting past the keeper. Barbarouses only gets into the top 15.

BBF
July 16th, 2015, 3:46 AM
The technique for his goal was top drawer. Should be top 3 at least.

Guessing number one is Elrich? Totally forgot about that goal.

BBF
July 16th, 2015, 3:54 AM
Also, I'm genuinely more excited about the A League starting again than the Premier League. A LEAGUE >>>>>>>>>>>>> *