PDA

View Full Version : The Official Spurs Transfer Rumours thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

Simon
May 13th, 2007, 7:41 AM
Obviously this needs a separate topic as we ave more rumours than everyone else put together.

The Spurs forum I read has just this moment re-opened its "TRANSFER RUMOURS" sub-forum.

Let the silly season commence!

Alf
May 13th, 2007, 7:44 AM
IN:
Kaboul
Bent
Baines
Bale (maybe)
Barnes

OUT:
JD :(
Mido
Murphy

Apparently JD just doesn't like Jol...

turdpower
May 13th, 2007, 7:45 AM
You only have more rumours than anyone else because you post on Spurs forums where people claim they are Jol's daughter and Ronaldinho has just bought a house in north London and painted it White.

Hobbit
May 13th, 2007, 7:49 AM
OUT: Berbatov

Simon
May 13th, 2007, 7:50 AM
Actually, the majority of our ITKs are on the money - the problem is, you lot all assume that once a player is mentioned, if they don't end up getting signed then that person was talking bollocks. It's a wrong-headed way of viewing the situation - at any one time Spurs are going to be chasing a shitload of players, and certain ITKs get access to certain information. Finding out we're after a player doesn't mean that we will get him.

If someone looked back at previous transfer windows, the only players who have joined without everyone knowing about the interest well in advance are Rasiak (last minute transfer window decision) and Ghaly (no one knew who he was). Everyone else was covered beforehand.

Alf
May 13th, 2007, 7:51 AM
Not really.

There are two or three guys who have really solid info. They report who we are after but sometimes these deal don't come off for whatever reason, either that player doesn't want to come, the club want too much money, we can't agree terms with the player, someone else bids more/pays more wages etc etc etc etc.

Alf
May 13th, 2007, 7:52 AM
Actually, the majority of our ITKs are on the money - the problem is, you lot all assume that once a player is mentioned, if they don't end up getting signed then that person was talking bollocks. It's a wrong-headed way of viewing the situation - at any one time Spurs are going to be chasing a shitload of players, and certain ITKs get access to certain information. Finding out we're after a player doesn't mean that we will get him.

If someone looked back at previous transfer windows, the only players who have joined without everyone knowing about the interest well in advance are Rasiak (last minute transfer window decision) and Ghaly (no one knew who he was). Everyone else was covered beforehand.

...what he said...

Although we knew ghaly was coming.

MACE
May 13th, 2007, 7:57 AM
OUT: Berbatov

:yesyes:

Alf
May 13th, 2007, 7:59 AM
I will eat my own shit if he joins you this summer.

Simon
May 13th, 2007, 8:01 AM
IN:
Kaboul
Bent
Baines
Bale (maybe)
Barnes

OUT:
JD :(
Mido
Murphy

Apparently JD just doesn't like Jol...
I've not seen anything of Kaboul but by all accounts he's top notch - can't comment until I've seen him play, although £7.5m is being quoted and that seems a lot for an Under-21 player.

Bent would obviously be a great capture, although I wouldn't be happy if it was offset by Defoe's departure. Defoe's got 19 goals this season, despite being third choice. I don't see how Darren Bent would do any better given the same amount of time on the pitch. I suppose we are signing him because he is more adaptable than Defoe, though - capable of playing in a 4-5-1 or alongside either Berby or Keane, whereas Defoe is only any good alongside a big man. In an ideal world we'd sell Mido, keep Defoe and get Bent, but that won't happen. I really hope Defoe stays, though.

I really rate Baines, but I hope he's a second choice after Bale who really does look the balls - although I've heard a lot of people discussing Bale as a left wing option. I hate it when people blindly decide that a good attacking left back will automatically be a good left winger. Cole and Bridge have never exactly covered themselves in glory when they've played in a more advanced role, have they. Bale first, definitely - but if we can't get him, then Baines would be the next best thing. Either way, I'd still have Yippee as first choice at the start of next season.

I've not seen a great deal of Barnes but what I have seen looks impressive - very strong, quick, can pass and shoot, happy on the wings but prefers centre mid...looks like he could be good. He's another one who I'd be wary of paying too much for, though - too often we spend reasonably large amounts of money on young prospects, then give them next to no opportunity in the side and sell them on for a loss a couple of years later. Hopefully we fuck Derby over with another "50p up front, a couple of million if he turns out to be the best midfielder ever" deal.

As for the outgoings...as I already said, I really don't want Defoe to go. 19 goals from third choice is a fantastic return, especially when a lot of his appearances have been late on in games. I hope against hope that we keep him, even if it means we don't get Bent.

Mido can fuck off. He's simply not done the business. Murphy may as well not have been at the club in the first place, for all the good he's done us. Not a bad squad player to have around in theory, but he's the worst of a shitload of centre mids we have - sell him and bring Barnes in, and I'll be happy. In fact, at this point I think it would be worth selling him and, if we get no one else, give O'Hara a try in the first team squad.

Simon
May 13th, 2007, 8:02 AM
...what he said...

Although we knew ghaly was coming.

Did we? Maybe I just missed a day or two, then - I got banned around the time he joined for calling the owner of the forum a cunt, maybe it was then. All I remember was everyone wondering who this randomer we'd just bought was.

turdpower
May 13th, 2007, 8:02 AM
I will eat my own shit if he joins you this summer.

QUOTED.

Simon
May 13th, 2007, 8:03 AM
Oh also, another lovely rumour - Jenas to Everton for £10m plus Beattie :lol: I'd bite their fucking hands off for that.

Simon
May 13th, 2007, 8:04 AM
MOYES POISED FOR £10M RAID ON JERMAINE
EXCLUSIVE

By Alan Nixon

EVERTON boss David Moyes is preparing a blockbuster £10million bid for Tottenham midfielder Jermaine Jenas.
The England international has been in and out of the first team at White Hart Lane and Moyes believes the promise of leading the Merseysiders in European competition could be a temptation Jenas cannot resist.

Spurs manager Martin Jol is a known fan of James Beattie - he tried to lure him to London in January by offering Mido in return - and the Everton striker could well be part of any deal.

Beattie has had a torrid time on the field at Goodison and would relish a fresh start.

turdpower
May 13th, 2007, 8:04 AM
10m for Jenas? FFS.

1_Pablo_Angel
May 13th, 2007, 8:12 AM
They are offering to take Beattie as well though...

eldanielfire
Never has there been a thread with so little actural substance. Except the Berbetov off post by Hobbz.

1_Pablo_Angel
Kevin Phillips is brilliant.

turdpower
May 13th, 2007, 8:15 AM
Hahaha, weird choice of thread for that statement.

Simon
May 13th, 2007, 8:16 AM
They are offering to take Beattie as well though...

£10m plus Beattie works out at around £8m, still a good deal for Jenas.

da_man
May 13th, 2007, 8:16 AM
About the Jenas story - Alan Nixon who has done that piece has very good contacts in the North-West. He wouldn't pull a story like that out of his arse. Anything he usually writes about Rovers is bob on.

1_Pablo_Angel
May 13th, 2007, 8:19 AM
Hahaha, weird choice of thread for that statement.

Spurs could buy him :dunno:

turdpower
May 13th, 2007, 8:21 AM
Hahaha.

Alf
May 13th, 2007, 1:44 PM
Never has there been a thread with so little actural substance. Except the Berbetov off post by Hobbz.

Well, this info comes from the same guys who told us Zokora, Berbatov, Malbranque, Huddlestone, Lennon, Mido, Daws, Reid, Taraabt, Ghaly, El Hamoudai, Alnwick, Dervitte, Assou-Ekotto, Tainio etc etc etc etc were signing.

So, yeah. I think I trust them by now.

Simon
May 13th, 2007, 8:31 PM
Source: Daily Mail

The chase for Dimitar Berbatov has become Europe-wide, casting doubts on the 26-year-old Tottenham striker’s assertion that he is staying at White Hart Lane.

A bid of £25 million, understood to be from Juventus, has set the mark which the rest will have to match or beat to tempt Spurs into a quick profit on the player they bought from Bayer Leverkusen for £10.9m last summer.

Barcelona and Real Madrid are in the frame but don’t rule out Manchester United.

Sir Alex Ferguson, with midfielder Owen Hargreaves sealed if not quite signed, wants a world-class striker next.

He will test Spurs’ resolve to keep Berbatov and hasn’t given up on Barca’s Samuel Eto’o either.

The manager says he's staying, the chairman says we aren't go to sell him, the players agent says he's staying, the player himself says he's staying. How come the press just don't get it? Berba is going nowhere.

FUCK OFF.

MACE
May 13th, 2007, 8:38 PM
FUCK HE'S OFF.

:yes:

:D

turdpower
May 13th, 2007, 8:38 PM
Well, this info comes from the same guys who told us Zokora, Berbatov, Malbranque, Huddlestone, Lennon, Mido, Daws, Reid, Taraabt, Ghaly, El Hamoudai, Alnwick, Dervitte, Assou-Ekotto, Tainio etc etc etc etc were signing.

So, yeah. I think I trust them by now.

Aren't these also the same people that think you are signing Messi etc

Simon
May 13th, 2007, 8:46 PM
No. Simply put, no.

turdpower
May 13th, 2007, 8:51 PM
FUCK, HE'S OFF.:yes:

:)

MACE
May 13th, 2007, 8:53 PM
:yesyes:

Simon
May 14th, 2007, 6:55 AM
Deal for Bent and Kaboul supposedly at very advanced stages, to the extent that they could be completed within the next week.

All the stories coming out about Berbatov are that he's going nowhere. Spurs don't want to sell him, Spurs don't need to sell him and he doesn't want to leave. There's not really much more that can be said than that, so the rumours will continue - but I'm very confident that he'll be here next season.

Defoe seems to be out for certain, absolutely gutted if that's true.

We're looking for a left back, a left winger, a centre half, a midfielder and a striker, with the only big name departure to be Defoe. If we get the men we want, we're going to be looking very strong for next season.

Hulkamaniac
May 14th, 2007, 7:04 AM
To be fair, its not difficult to have at one point mentioned all the players you buy on transfers, considering you speculate on EVERY semi-available player in world football. Its just statistics that deem you'll have mentioned those who do eventually come.

Simon
May 14th, 2007, 7:10 AM
Again, bollocks. I think statistically speaking, something like 30-40 names were mentioned during last season's transfer window as players we were actively trying to sign.

Hulkamaniac
May 14th, 2007, 7:10 AM
Just wanted to post this here because its pretty active:

Calum Best is reportedly in talks to sign with a football team in the US.

The 26-year-old is rumoured to be making the stateside move and is thought to have considered the New York Red Bulls or the New England Revolution.

A source is quoted in a national newspaper as saying: "He's dead serious about following in his dad's famous footsteps.

"He realises he could never break into English football at his age - but in America the standards and physical demands aren't so high and he really wants to give it a shot.

"He's always had a wealth of talent on the pitch - nowhere near the same league as his dad, of course, but probably good enough to play pro here."

Calum's agent Dave Read reportedly confirmed there has been interest from Major League Soccer clubs.

He said: "Calum is a talented footballer and it's true that some MLS clubs have been sniffing around.

"We'll just have to wait and see what happens. It's certainly an option for him."

This is a fucking joke if its true. I might as well go to fucking America and see if they'll sign me. I'm just as talented as that prick. Plus who the fuck is he to be banging Lindsay Lohan, he's such a gimp.

With that said, I do hear that Spurs will be following his career in the states closely and are talking about having options on him should he prove to be a worthy addition to their squad.

MACE
May 14th, 2007, 7:12 AM
Haha.

Simon
May 14th, 2007, 7:12 AM
We're after him.

Lazurus
May 14th, 2007, 7:17 AM
Is he left footed?

Seanny One Ball
May 14th, 2007, 9:26 AM
Hahahahahaha that might be post of the year, Laz.

Alf
May 14th, 2007, 6:13 PM
Aren't these also the same people that think you are signing Messi etc

No you crack head.

The messi thing was a joke to see if anyone would report it and Fans Fc or some other tripe did.

Alf
May 14th, 2007, 6:14 PM
Deal for Bent and Kaboul supposedly at very advanced stages, to the extent that they could be completed within the next week.

All the stories coming out about Berbatov are that he's going nowhere. Spurs don't want to sell him, Spurs don't need to sell him and he doesn't want to leave. There's not really much more that can be said than that, so the rumours will continue - but I'm very confident that he'll be here next season.

Defoe seems to be out for certain, absolutely gutted if that's true.

We're looking for a left back, a left winger, a centre half, a midfielder and a striker, with the only big name departure to be Defoe. If we get the men we want, we're going to be looking very strong for next season.

You just added more words to my first post there.

RuneEdge
May 14th, 2007, 6:26 PM
You just added more words to my first post there.

People probably only read yours anyway so it doesnt matter.

turdpower
May 14th, 2007, 6:30 PM
No you crack head.

The messi thing was a joke to see if anyone would report it and Fans Fc or some other tripe did.

Do I look like a give a fuck?

Now where's my biro penis?

Alf
May 14th, 2007, 6:37 PM
Right in my bulging pants.

turdpower
May 14th, 2007, 6:40 PM
photo?

Lazurus
May 15th, 2007, 6:43 AM
What a little cock.

Ghaly: I'm desperate to leave Spurs and go to a bigger club

Tottenham midfielder Hossam Ghaly has demanded a transfer after growing fed up with Martin Jol's rotation policy.

Ghaly was criticised by Spurs supporters after he threw his shirt at manager Jol when he was substituted against Blackburn last week.

The Egypt international, who was fined two weeks' wages and dropped from the final game of the season against Manchester City, made an official apology on the club's website and joined the rest of the squad for the traditional parade round the pitch after the match on Sunday.

But Ghaly revealed he lost his cool against Blackburn after failing to hold down a place in the the team.

The 25-year-old claimed he has already had one transfer request turned down but he is determined to leave this summer and has now put in a new request.

He said: "I asked to leave a few weeks ago so I can play more and in my regular position, but my request was declined.

"My agent will repeat my request and I don't know if it will be accepted this time. What I did against Blackburn was wrong, and I have to admit that, but I am a human being and felt very frustrated when I got replaced after 30 minutes of coming on.

"There are things that accumulated and resulted in me acting in this way. I am not playing regularly and when I play, I don't play in my normal position.

"On many occasions, I played well or scored a goal only to find myself out of the squad or on the bench in the next match for no particular reason. This is very frustrating for me."

Ghaly, who claimed a club "bigger than Tottenham" want to sign him, started 17 games in the Premiership this season, but his impact was minimal compared with the other midfielders at Jol's disposal.

Ghaly insisted fellow Egyptian Mido also wants to quit Tottenham having started only 13 games for the club this season. The striker almost joined Manchester City in January.

Ghaly said: "Mido has asked to leave but I don't know his destination yet."

Good riddance to the pair of them. Ghaly has looked decent a couple of times this season and Mido was good for a part of last season but for two players with such big egos they hardly ever back it up.

Bigger clubs?

Good luck with that son.

N.E.R.F.
May 15th, 2007, 6:45 AM
Your own players don't even think you're a MASSIVE CLUB.

Simon
May 15th, 2007, 6:52 AM
The ones that matter do. That's why Ghaly's leaving for a 'bigger club' while Berbatov, Keano, Big Ledley, the Daws and Lennon will be around for a while yet.

Simon
May 15th, 2007, 6:58 AM
Latest Yiddo rumours...

-Two reliable sources saying a deal for Bent is close to completion.
-Kaboul close to completion.
-A denial that we're interested in Bentley - didn't even know we'd been linked, to be honest.
-Levy is trying to convince Jol to keep Defoe because he really rates him.

The Rosk
May 15th, 2007, 7:05 AM
Spurs won't finish above 5th next season. Let's all be honest with ourselves here.

As for Villa: TOP ONE NEXT YEAR LADS

Simon
May 15th, 2007, 7:07 AM
I'm pretty sure 4th is above 5th so we will finish above 5th cos we're gonna finish 4th. Basic maths.

The Rosk
May 15th, 2007, 7:08 AM
Ah, I did see some ridiculous comments on the Spurs/Arsenal rivalry that almost killed me.

Given you rate Liverpool so highly, I'm going to go ahead and assume you think you will finish higher than Arsenal next season. And then have a chuckle. While I wank. In a bath. Into a toilet roll.

Simon
May 15th, 2007, 7:12 AM
Why don't you just wank into the bath. It all congeals and ends up looking like a fried egg without the yolk.

I didn't make any ridiculous comments, I was pretty conservative...'we are CAPABLE of challenging for a top four place', 'if anyone is going to break the top four it will be us'...none of what I said was ridiculous, I don't think it's definitely going to happen or anything.

The Rosk
May 15th, 2007, 7:17 AM
I think it will take an absolutely incredible season from Spurs and another injury-hit season from Arsenal for them to even come close. You also need to buy a defence and a midfield that doesn't own a half-caste Gareth Gates and a blonde downie living on promise for the past two years.

Winkle van Tinkle
May 15th, 2007, 7:24 AM
The ones that matter do. That's why Ghaly's leaving for a 'bigger club' while Berbatov, Keano, Big Ledley, the Daws and Lennon will be around for a while yet.

Thats because only Berbatov and Lennon (despite playing awful for 6 months) would get into a top four side.

The Rosk
May 15th, 2007, 7:29 AM
Berbatov will be a one-season-wonder. Mark my words.

He'll realise he is Bulgarian but not Hristo Stoichkov and then fall over crying into his tub of marmalade flavoured cocks.

Simon
May 15th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Thats because only Berbatov and Lennon (despite playing awful for 6 months) would get into a top four side.
What, even though Ledley is better than Vidic, Agger, Carragher, Djourou/Senderos and probably Toure? Yeah alright. Dawson's better than a couple of those too, and Keane would walk into your and Liverpool's first eleven. Lennon's actually the weakest of the players I mentioned, I think he's been found out a little bit - teams know how to play against him, it remains to be seen whether he can change his game the way Ronaldo, SWP and Giggs back in the day did - I remember Giggs being awful in the 1993/94 season, after a fantastic first full season. But he came back strongly in the next season by adapting his game. I hope Lennon can do it, but I dunno.

SheltonLondon
May 15th, 2007, 10:26 AM
We'll finish above you next season, still think we should have done this season.

Simon
May 15th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Can't see it. Why should you have this season? We were better than you.

SheltonLondon
May 15th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Well I suppose you were because you finished above us, but an argument could be made that our consistent placement above you in the league is enough to justify me saying I think we should have got 5th, which ultimately we didn't get due to a lovely disallowed goal on the final day.

I just see next year as a really big one for Jol, seriously think if he doesn't crack the top 4 or win a trophy, he might be out.

Simon
May 15th, 2007, 11:01 AM
I doubt it. Levy is realistic enough to realise that not finishing in the top four isn't a failure - reaching the top four would be a huge success. Anything less than top six and Jol might well be gone.

Simon
May 15th, 2007, 11:02 AM
We're after Ben Haim now as well, apparently. No one else seems to be in for him, it's a straight choice between signing for us, or signing a new contract at Bolton.

SheltonLondon
May 15th, 2007, 11:42 AM
I'm pretty sure Big Sam will be in for him at Newcastle and that may be what Ben Haim is waiting for, he'll get good wages there as well and will be a guaranteed starter.

Simon
May 15th, 2007, 11:50 AM
That's a good point actually.

Winkle van Tinkle
May 15th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Si, if you genuinely believe that Ledley King is as better than Vidic or Toure, and that Robbie Keane is better than Henry and van Persie, then you're a fucking wally.

Simon
May 15th, 2007, 11:58 AM
King is better than Vidic, and better than this season's Toure (he's been shite this year, the last few years I've thought he was fantastic though).

And I'd have Keane just ahead of RVP. You don't appreciate quite good how good Keane is.

N.E.R.F.
May 15th, 2007, 11:59 AM
He's amazing at acting like a little girl on the football pitch.

And no WAY is King better than Toure. Ever.

Winkle van Tinkle
May 15th, 2007, 12:01 PM
King is better than Vidic, and better than this season's Toure (he's been shite this year, the last few years I've thought he was fantastic though).

And I'd have Keane just ahead of RVP. You don't appreciate quite good how good Keane is.

Now I know how you and Alf feel when you row with Eldanielfire.

So incorrect.

Winkle van Tinkle
May 15th, 2007, 12:02 PM
Plus, how can you say King has been better than "this years" Toure, when "this years" King hasn't hardly played.

Simon
May 15th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Plus, how can you say King has been better than "this years" Toure, when "this years" King hasn't hardly played.
Well, King hasn't played so you can't exactly say he's been poor, can you? Whereas Toure has played, and has been poor. It's like saying Michael Owen isn't as good as some inferior players because he's been out all season. If King hadn't been injured, I'd be very confident that he'd have had a better season than the one Toure had. Toure's not been good this season at all, very very shaky. Looks a lot better with Gallas alongside him, though.

Winkle van Tinkle
May 15th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Toure has been our best defender by miles, bar maybe Clichy.

Winkle van Tinkle
May 15th, 2007, 12:13 PM
Well, King hasn't played so you can't exactly say he's been poor, can you? Whereas Toure has played, and has been poor. It's like saying Michael Owen isn't as good as some inferior players because he's been out all season. If King hadn't been injured, I'd be very confident that he'd have had a better season than the one Toure had. Toure's not been good this season at all, very very shaky. Looks a lot better with Gallas alongside him, though.

Thats like saying Tony Cascarino is a better player than Shevchenko. Because while Shevchenko has played poorly this season, Cascarino hasn't had one bad game.

What an awful argument.

N.E.R.F.
May 15th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Our defensive mistakes have nearly always been Jens-related, or Senderos' fault. If anything Toure's done better than last season because he's had to mop up after those two semi-liabilities and still come away with a decent defensive record.

Simon's like eldanielfire if he could spell.

1_Pablo_Angel
May 15th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Tony Cascarinogoals

Friday
May 16th, 2007, 8:47 AM
Nakamura is being linked with Spurs. A player who has about one good game in six matches. A free-kick specialist who has scored about three free-kicks all season.

Simon
May 16th, 2007, 8:53 AM
Yeah, we've apparently bid £6.7m. Everything else in your post just sounds like bitterness from a fan of Celtic's much weaker rivals. Nakamura looks a very, very good player. It's not often that you can be confident that a player's quality in the SPL would mean he'd be any good in a proper league - only Larsson and Petrov spring to my mind, and Petrov's not exactly been brilliant - but Nakamura looks like he'd adapt just fine. United are supposed to be looking at him as well.

He's also scored 11 goals and has 22 assists this season, apparently. Not bad for "a player who has about one good game in six matches".

Let's be honest, if he played for Rangers you'd be wanking furiously over hmi around the clock.

In other news, the Bent deal is apparently tied up. Still won't believe it until I see it on BBC Sport (and even then I won't be 100% after they reported that we'd signed Damien Duff last year...lucky escape in the end, he's been crap up north).

Friday
May 16th, 2007, 9:11 AM
Yeah, we've apparently bid £6.7m. Everything else in your post just sounds like bitterness from a fan of Celtic's much weaker rivals. Nakamura looks a very, very good player. It's not often that you can be confident that a player's quality in the SPL would mean he'd be any good in a proper league - only Larsson and Petrov spring to my mind, and Petrov's not exactly been brilliant - but Nakamura looks like he'd adapt just fine. United are supposed to be looking at him as well.

He's also scored 11 goals and has 22 assists this season, apparently. Not bad for "a player who has about one good game in six matches".

Let's be honest, if he played for Rangers you'd be wanking furiously over hmi around the clock.

Petrov is a much better footballer than Nakamura. Petrov was consistently good for Celtic in big SPL matches and in Europe. Nakamura hasn't. He has been very poor in the Old Firm Matches. You can say I am a bitter Rangers fan, but there are several Celtic players that I really do rate. Nakamura isn't one of them. There is a reason why he didn't make an impact in Italy and Celtic were the only team that wanted him.

Nakamura has scored nine SPL goals. That is hardly impressive when you consider that midfielders like Barry Robson have scored more.

If I got offered 3 million or Nakamura, I would take the 3 million. So if Spurs spend 6.7 million on him, Strachan will laughing his head off. Scott Brown is a better player and he spent 4.5 million him.

Simon
May 16th, 2007, 9:20 AM
Nakamura would be worth the price because of the extra money in incoming revenue from the Far East, wouldn't he? It's sad that we now discuss transfers in those terms, but it's a simple fact of the way the game is nowadays.

The article I read about him had him as scoring 11 goals and I think 22 assists, must have been in all competitions. Over a 50 match season, that is pretty good by anyone's standards. The article in fact also mentioned that the statistics don't tell the full story, as he has regularly run matches without notching a goal or assist. He also looked very good the couple of times I saw him in the Champions' League. His touch was fantastic, and obviously he has the capability to deliver from set-pieces, which is a huge asset to have - I remember a statistic a while back saying nearly half of Premiership goals come directly or indirectly from set pieces.

Lazurus
May 16th, 2007, 9:23 AM
He's an OK player. I think he looks a bit light for a premier league player though. We need to get some toughness into the side.

Not sure he's worth nearly £7m but I wouldn't mind him in the squad. Hopefully he's not our big signed of the season though.

J
May 16th, 2007, 9:35 AM
Wednesday is right, Nakamura is crap, don't listen to the journalists that watched him week in week out, nor the players that actually played against him, or his own teammates, or even the fans that watched the team week in week out. I mean they all voted him player of the year but then what do they know!

Friday
May 16th, 2007, 9:41 AM
Wednesday is right, Nakamura is crap, don't listen to the journalists that watched him week in week out, nor the players that actually played against him, or his own teammates, or even the fans that watched the team week in week out. I mean they all voted him player of the year but then what do they know!

Journalists? Old firm players are always hyped up because it's Old Firm fans that buy the papers.

The SPL is very weak right now in terms of individuals. No player is worth nearly 7 million. Very few would be a success in the Premiership.

J
May 16th, 2007, 9:48 AM
Journalists? Old firm players are always hyped up because it's Old Firm fans that buy the papers.

The SPL is very weak right now in terms of individuals. No player is worth nearly 7 million. Very few would be a success in the Premiership.

Well thats one group out of four. What about the players that actually played against him? They just want to hype up the old firm as well? The reason that journalists tend to vote for Old Firm players are because the Old Firm simply have better players than the rest of the league. Though even if they did only vote for an Old Firm player to win due to wanting to please Old Firm fans why did they vote for Nakamura if he is a player not to be rated?

Simon
May 16th, 2007, 9:50 AM

Again, his worth as a business commodity will bump up his transfer price.

Friday
May 16th, 2007, 9:52 AM
I have to go to the dentist now (:(), but I will be back later to answer your argument. By the way, what do you think of Scott Brown? I think he is a fantastic player. It depresses me that Rangers can't afford to spend 4 million on a player. :(

Friday
May 16th, 2007, 9:53 AM
Again, his worth as a business commodity will bump up his transfer price.

Not that much. I think the Asian market has been overrated. If it was so great, all the big teams would have an Asian at the club.

da_man
May 16th, 2007, 10:35 AM
The Asian market is a myth. Any extra TV revenues go into the collective Premier League pot and the only person to benefit from the money from increased sales of Spurs shirts would be Mr Wang who makes them in his back bedroom and flogs them on Kyoto Street market.

wardy
May 16th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Petrov is a much better footballer than Nakamura. Petrov was consistently good for Celtic in big SPL matches and in Europe. Nakamura hasn't. He has been very poor in the Old Firm Matches. You can say I am a bitter Rangers fan, but there are several Celtic players that I really do rate. Nakamura isn't one of them. There is a reason why he didn't make an impact in Italy and Celtic were the only team that wanted him.

Nakamura has scored nine SPL goals. That is hardly impressive when you consider that midfielders like Barry Robson have scored more.

If I got offered 3 million or Nakamura, I would take the 3 million. So if Spurs spend 6.7 million on him, Strachan will laughing his head off. Scott Brown is a better player and he spent 4.5 million him.
Utter shite. Nakamura is the most skillful player in Scotland and is also Japan's main man.

Petrov is an overrated drama queen. I never got the hype about Petrov. He never looked confident, he couldn't get a corner off the ground and he was a diving bastard. Honestly, whenever I was at Parkhead in the last few years there was one home player that ever got stick from us and that was Petrov.

I'll admit he was good for a few goals in at yous, but that was it. He was utterly replaceable against the rest of the SPL and in Europe. How you can say Petrov was consistent for us in Europe I have no idea because half the time you wouldn't even know he was playing until we were up 2-0.

Martin O'Neill done has a huge favour while taking a massive gamble himself, which so far, hasn't really paid off.

And so what if he's only scored 9 SPL goals? Look at the fucking size of him, the fact that he has even scored in the box is an achievment. We didn't buy him for his haul of goals. We bought him to help us progress in Europe (which he did) and to make goals which he did 13 times in all competitions.

J
May 16th, 2007, 11:46 AM
The Asian market is not a myth. Nakamura has sold an phenomenal amount of merchandise whilst at Celtic. There have been a whole range of products which have sold out and he is by far ahead in requests for a name and number to go on the back of the tops. He is followed everywhere by Asian journalists, it’s their full time job to report on him. Asian TV is over a lot doing interviews and reports and special features on the player and the team and the club get a lot of Asian tourists over. The Asian culture it seems it not as much as following of a team but of following a player and his career. Nakamura is the Beckham and not just with free kicks.

I think Scott Brown is a great player, I am really glad that we got him. I feel we got the better of the ‘twins’ and that’s not just club bias. He is 21 and it’s a five year contract so he will be able to grow with the club. Midfield is an area we need to strengthen we have lost Lennon, will probably sell Gravesen and Jarosik (hopefully) so he was needed. Think that it’s the biggest transfer between two Scottish clubs but he is worth the money. Makes a change though that we can outbid you, I here you are going for Lee McCulloch for £1.2m

Wardy I disagree with you about Petrov. Thought he was a brilliant player for us. Got to box to box, created scored and was good at both at home and abroad. He hasn’t been replaced since he left.

phenom
May 16th, 2007, 1:17 PM
We'll sign Rivaldo

Alf
May 16th, 2007, 1:50 PM
We'll nearly sign Rivaldo

There you go. i fixed it for you.

Alf
May 16th, 2007, 1:51 PM
Celtic lads... looks like we'll be playing you in a pre-season friendly... rumoured to be at wembley. That'd be grand.

wardy
May 16th, 2007, 1:52 PM
If I had the cash I'd come down and kiss you on your lovely big jew nose.

da_man
May 16th, 2007, 1:53 PM
We're playing North End at Deepdale. That'd be grand except I'm on my holibobs :(

Had a top day last time we had a friendly versus them. Took about 6,000.

Winkle van Tinkle
May 16th, 2007, 1:56 PM
Everything else in your post just sounds like bitterness from a fan of Celtic's much weaker rivals.

Replace the word Celtic with Arsenal, and thats you in 50% of your football posts.....

J
May 16th, 2007, 1:58 PM
Celtic lads... looks like we'll be playing you in a pre-season friendly... rumoured to be at wembley. That'd be grand.

Interesting, why would it be at Wembley? Might need to get down to that one.

Alf
May 16th, 2007, 2:27 PM
I have no idea. It might be part of some sort of mini tourney.

...or it could be so plenty of your lot can come down.

Winkle van Tinkle
May 16th, 2007, 2:29 PM
Probably give you lads a chance to play there before they knock it down.

Simon
May 16th, 2007, 5:17 PM
Replace the word Celtic with Arsenal, and thats you in 50% of your football posts.....

Not really, I'm pretty realistic about Tottenham's chances for the most part. It's more a case of Arsenal fans being too arrogant to consider the possibility that they might be challenged by us. Arrogant team, arrogant captain, arrogant fans, arrogant manager, arrogant club. Fair enough if you're top of the league and winning everything in sight, but you're not. Not by a long, long way.

Winkle van Tinkle
May 16th, 2007, 5:27 PM
I see what your saying but i just feezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :zzz:

Alf
May 16th, 2007, 5:29 PM
It's only fun when it's Eldanny and his mad ramblings

'Yeah, Berbatov is obviously shit, the stats are overwhelming'... ARRRRRAHAHAHAH

Simon
May 16th, 2007, 6:09 PM
Berby's signed a new contract, apparently. Lovely stuff, didn't even break the club's wage structure. Better than any signing we could have made.

Hulkamaniac
May 16th, 2007, 6:10 PM
Thats a bit of an exaggeration mate.

Simon
May 16th, 2007, 6:13 PM
Realistically, what big signing could we make that would be more important to our progress than keeping Berbatov?

Hulkamaniac
May 16th, 2007, 6:23 PM
You didnt say 'realistically' you said 'any signing'.

Either way. If you think that keeping a player you already have who has never put his future in doubt is better than 'any signing' you couldve made, it doesnt say a lot about your transfer pull. Its not likely to improve your side any, is it?

UK Blue
May 16th, 2007, 6:28 PM
Defoe to Pompey rumours in the local paper down here. Funny thing is people actually think we've got a chance of getting him. LOLZ

We'll probably end up getting Danny Murphy instead.

Simon
May 16th, 2007, 6:39 PM
You didnt say 'realistically' you said 'any signing'.

Either way. If you think that keeping a player you already have who has never put his future in doubt is better than 'any signing' you couldve made, it doesnt say a lot about your transfer pull. Its not likely to improve your side any, is it?The "realistically" is implied, we're not in a world where Tottenham can sign Ronaldo or Kaka, even if we do like to put in sneaky bids for them.

As for the second part of your post - I've always been confident that Berbatov would stay, but while the rumours are there, there's always an element of doubt. It's not about keeping him either, it's about getting him on a long-term deal that keeps him here for a good few years yet - most Spurs fans would admit that while we were confident he would stay this summer, if we failed to get a CL spot again next year, he'd probably be off - now that seems a lot less likely. And it's always most important to keep the quality you've got than to sign new talent.

It's no good signing Bent if we're going to lose Berbatov. Keeping the core of the side - King, Dawson, Berbatov, Keane and Lennon, plus Robbo if he pulls his finger out - is more important to our future than a couple of big signings. All four of those are arguably players capable of bigger things than UEFA Cup football, but we're lucky enough to have them at the Lane. While we're at the level we're at, we can't expect to sign better players than Berbatov or King - and they are key to us reaching a level where we would be able to bring more players of their calibre.

Essentially, keeping them is more important than signing new players, because if we lose them the quality of players in the future won't be as high.

Simon
May 16th, 2007, 6:45 PM
Defoe to Pompey rumours in the local paper down here. Funny thing is people actually think we've got a chance of getting him. LOLZ

We'll probably end up getting Danny Murphy instead.
By all accounts, Defoe is definitely out the door at the Lane - fundamental clash of character between him and Jol, Jol just doesn't like him as a player or a person. Which is weird, because the pair of them always seem to be top blokes.

There are two schools of thought as to where he's going - some rumours have him moving to Chelsea, United or Liverpool, the other school of thought has him moving to Portsmouth, Villa or the Spam. It's a weird one, really - he's probably not good enough for the top clubs, but he's too good to be playing for a mid-table side IMO - the likes of us, Everton and Blackburn are the level he's at. As for where I'd like him to go...we'd get a lot more money selling him to a top side, but on the other hand selling to a top club sends out the wrong signal about where we're going as a club - as well as improving clubs that we should be thinking of as potential rivals. Selling a player like Defoe only increases the gap between ourselves and the top sides.

On the other hand, selling him to a weaker side probably won't get us anywhere near as much money, and also it would see the other side of the coin with regards to selling to other teams - Portsmouth probably consider themselves potential rivals to us in coming seasons, and signing a player like Defoe could bridge that gap, he's a fantastic player.

The best bet would just be for us to keep him. I really hope we do :(

Hulkamaniac
May 16th, 2007, 6:47 PM
He's going to Sunderland mate.

Simon
May 16th, 2007, 6:50 PM
I was just thinking as I clicked the post button that I'd love to see him at Sunderland if he leaves. I like Sunderland and I'd like to see them succeed, and Defoe joining them would give you a much better hope of staying up - while you're not likely to be a club that can expect to be fighting it out with us in the upper-mid table. Everyone's a winner.

I do think you should be aiming for more than just 'avoid relegation' next season, though - and I'm sure Keane wouldn't settle for that.

Hulkamaniac
May 16th, 2007, 6:55 PM
Keane and Quinn have both said that we're not going up with the "4th bottom is a success" mentality.

I think that one thing that newly promoted teams need to survive is a pacy striker who can score important goals. I think that Defoe would do that. I think that we'd give you a good price for him too. I think that it'd do his career some good as well to be honest playing for someone like Keane and being the main-man in the team rather than the role he's been used in at Spurs for the past few years.

Of course, I dont imagine for a moment that he'd want to move from the South of England. But he's the kind of player I want to see us go for after we've plugged the weaknesses in our side.

Simon
May 16th, 2007, 7:00 PM
Well from what I've read about the possible move, he's pretty much admitted that his game hasn't improved the way he would have liked (as I said, the guy really seems to have his head screwed on as well as seeming a very nice lad - the myth of him being a troublemaker is complete shite, probably cos he's black) - so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he'd be happy with a move to a smaller club to get his career back on track. On the other hand, as you say he probably wouldn't want a move up north - he's just got engaged and is settled in London, he's always lived in London...trouble is, there aren't many London options for him. Arsenal - no chance. Chelsea - probably not interested. West Ham - maybe a possibility. Portsmouth is only up the road though, plus he would be back with Redknapp, who absolutely fucking loves hmi.

UK Blue
May 16th, 2007, 7:10 PM
He's a lazy bastard, if he came here I could see him infuriating me. He's the sort of striker we need though. A goalscorer with a bit of pace, someone who plays on the shoulder of the last defender and can get on the end of the good creative work from the likes of Kanu and Kranjcar.

I just don't see him coming here. I don't think he'd want to, and I don't think we'd be willing to spend the £8m-£10m needed to get him. If he does go, Man City could be a possibility, assuming the takeover goes through and they have a bit of cash to splash.

Simon
May 16th, 2007, 7:13 PM
Defoe's not lazy at all. Another so-called 'fact' that is absolutely, resolutely untrue. He works very hard for the team, far harder than Keane or Berbatov. As much as I love Keane, his idea of work rate is to jog over to the goalkeeper when he's about to make a clearance and wave his hands about a bit to put him, off. Whereas Defoe chases everything down. A year or so ago he didn't really work that hard (though he wasn't really lazy, I wouldn't say), but nowadays you can't fault his effort.

UK Blue
May 16th, 2007, 7:23 PM
He IS lazy. He stands around looking totally disinterested half the time, granted usually away from home. Some players get themselves involved in games, but when you're not all over a team at home, Defoe's a sure bet to be completely anonymous.

How many good performances away from home has he had this season?

It annoys me because I had high hopes for Defoe a couple of years ago, but his careers really gone nowhere. That's why he's being linked with us, rather than any of the top sides.

Simon
May 16th, 2007, 7:26 PM
He's not lazy. It's as plainly black and white as Jermaine Jenas - Defoe is not lazy. He works hard for the team. The idea of him standing around with his hands on his hips, again, is a myth. It's simply not true. It might have been true a couple of years ago, I can't really remember - but it's completely untrue now.

UK Blue
May 16th, 2007, 7:43 PM
How many good performances away from home has he had this season?

I noticed you completely ignored my question, and instead repeated what you had already said twice over, but changed the words around. Hardly convincing.

He hardly broke sweat when he played at Fratton in December. Ditto for the FA Cup game at Cardiff early January. I watched the full 90 minutes of these games, him being lazy is not a myth, I witnessed it with my own eyes. These games weren't a couple of years ago either.

Since then, Berbatov and Keane have pretty much played together in every away game you've had. Defoe's odd start has been in the home games. Why do you think that is?

Simon
May 16th, 2007, 7:52 PM
I actually had a list of away games that he's played well in, but changed my mind about listing them because it was fairly obvious I'd had to go onto the BBC website to remember all our games. In any case - how relevant is whether we're home or away when we're talking about work rate? He is not a lazy player - I've seen a lot more of him than you have, and the simple fact is that he is not a lazy player. Alf will verify this. phenom might verify it, although he might back you up because he wants to call Defoe a lazy wog. Defoe is not lazy, there's no other way of putting it. As I said, he works a lot harder for us than Keane, Berby or Mido do. Granted where Berby and Mido are concerned that's not saying much, but in any case he is not a lazy player.

As for Berby and Keane being first choice and Defoe's occasional starts being home games...um, there's a much more obvious reason for that. Jol rates Berbatov and Keane much higher than Defoe, and so only trusts Defoe in the starting line up when we have home advantage - games, essentially, where we can put out a slightly weakened team while still being capable of winning the game. It has fuck all to do with work rate. If it was on work rate, Defoe would be in the first eleven every week because he is our most hard-working striker. Chases balls down, works the channels in order to receive the ball, always harries defenders...he works hard. I'm not saying he's an absolute monster like Smith or Rooney, but he does his share.

Work rate is not his problem. His problem is that football-wise he is brainless. His movement isn't great, he doesn't get into good positions to score and he's caught offside ALL THE TIME. Incredibly frustrating because those elements are such a huge part of a striker's game, and without those elements he's still managed 19 goals despite being third choice this season - if he picked up those skills a little more he'd be a fantastic player. As it is, he's just a very good player. Who works hard.

UK Blue
May 16th, 2007, 8:00 PM
Well, we'll just have to disagree on this one. I'll give you that he works harder than Mido and Berbatov. Mido hardly moves at all. Berbatov can get away with it because he's twice the player Defoe is. Keane's always buzzing around though, making space, closing players down, he's your hardest working forward by a distance as far as I'm concerned.

Simon
May 16th, 2007, 8:05 PM
You are wrong. Keane gives the impression of working hard without actually doing it. In fairness to him, when he bothers his arse he is far more effective at closing down than Defoe is - he gets his angles right and closes down space, whereas Defoe just blindly runs at the guy with the ball.

da_man
May 17th, 2007, 4:17 AM
While we're at the level we're at, we can't expect to sign better players than Berbatov or King - and they are key to us reaching a level where we would be able to bring more players of their calibre.

We signed a better player than King from Hertha Berlin reserves for £400K m8.

N.E.R.F.
May 17th, 2007, 4:21 AM
Oh yeah according to the Actim end of season stats, Toure, who had an absolutely appalling season apparently, was fifth in the defender rankings. Shocking.

da_man
May 17th, 2007, 4:25 AM
Samba would have been top with a full season under his belt. Ryan Nelsen second similarly.

N.E.R.F.
May 17th, 2007, 4:25 AM
King would have been better than top if he wasn't injured (and crap)

da_man
May 17th, 2007, 4:28 AM
Crap!? You underestimate the importance of being a big dopey looking cunt who can head the ball away. Its a rare skill.

N.E.R.F.
May 17th, 2007, 4:30 AM
Oh yeah he's English so Ability - 20 and Hype - 1,000,000

Simon
May 17th, 2007, 6:09 AM
We're still in for Bale and apparently for the first time since January, we're ahead of United to sign him, I'm assuming their interest has dropped off a bit.

Also, every window amidst all the people who just pass on the info as they get it, some stupid cunts like to toy with everyone by posting little riddles that supposedly hold info if you can work it out. These people do it with the pretence that they're not allowed to say outright who they're on about, but the clue is there if you get it. Personally I think it's to keep it ambiguous so that if ANYTHING happens, they can try and apply it to their riddle and make out they knew all along.

With that said, someone posted this:

He could not die when trees were green,
For he loved the time too well.
His little hands, when flowers were seen,
Were held for the bluebell,
As he was carried o'er the green.
His eye glanced at the white-nosed bee;
He knew those children of the spring:
When he was well and on the lea
He held one in his hands to sing,
Which filled his heart with glee.
Infants, the children of the spring!
How can an infant die
When butterflies are on the wing,
Green grass, and such a sky?
How can they die at spring?"

I have my own theory as to what it might mean, if anything...what you lot reckon? :D

MACE
May 17th, 2007, 6:12 AM
Not a fucking clue, Si.

Lazurus
May 17th, 2007, 6:16 AM
We're still in for Bale and apparently for the first time since January, we're ahead of United to sign him, I'm assuming their interest has dropped off a bit.

Also, every window amidst all the people who just pass on the info as they get it, some stupid cunts like to toy with everyone by posting little riddles that supposedly hold info if you can work it out. These people do it with the pretence that they're not allowed to say outright who they're on about, but the clue is there if you get it. Personally I think it's to keep it ambiguous so that if ANYTHING happens, they can try and apply it to their riddle and make out they knew all along.

With that said, someone posted this:

He could not die when trees were green,
For he loved the time too well.
His little hands, when flowers were seen,
Were held for the bluebell,
As he was carried o'er the green.
His eye glanced at the white-nosed bee;
He knew those children of the spring:
When he was well and on the lea
He held one in his hands to sing,
Which filled his heart with glee.
Infants, the children of the spring!
How can an infant die
When butterflies are on the wing,
Green grass, and such a sky?
How can they die at spring?"

I have my own theory as to what it might mean, if anything...what you lot reckon? :D

Someone's signed John Clare?

Simon
May 17th, 2007, 9:36 AM
Kaboul is signed apparently, don't know when it's going to be announced but supposed to have been finalised.

Alf
May 17th, 2007, 1:49 PM
Barnes has said he now wants to stay at Derby another season. Even if they don't get promoted.

da_man
May 17th, 2007, 2:12 PM
Shame. I wanted to see Robbie Savage kick his bollocks in after trying to do his little WHOOSH thing.

Simon
May 18th, 2007, 11:06 AM
Richardson plus cash for Defoe from United apparently.

turdpower
May 18th, 2007, 11:12 AM
I wouldn't be too happy about that. I don't really rate Defoe and Richardson isn't too bad at filling in when we have injuries.

Hobbit
May 18th, 2007, 11:13 AM
How much cash.

Simon
May 18th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Doesn't say. The exact post was:

Richardson and dough for our little Yido (JD)

Not been accepted but.....not a " not for sale sign"

So basically we've turned that down, but we're willing to do business.

Turdpower, Defoe is better than Saha or Smith. I think you'd need someone better than Defoe in your first choice line-up but as an impact player and fairly regular starter, you could do much worse. Nineteen goals this season for Defoe.

Simon
May 18th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Also, we've had a number of bids for Berby including one massive one (amount not stated) but we've told them all to fuck off :cool:

turdpower
May 18th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Aye we could do worse, but it just seems we could get alot better. I think if we haven't got anyone by August, I'd go for him.

Seanny One Ball
May 18th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Saha is amazing, less of the hate.

Melv
May 18th, 2007, 12:05 PM
I'd rather have Smith in my team than Defoe, to be honest.

Lazurus
May 18th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Richardson plus cash for Defoe from United apparently.

That'd better be a fucking huge amount of cash.

Hobbit
May 18th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Rossi > Defoe

Keep Richardson for a laugh.

phenom
May 18th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Rather take Heinze in part exchange, we need a left back.

Don't want Richardson, he'd just dance on the ceiling.

Alf
May 18th, 2007, 3:43 PM
Arsenal have enquired after Defoe too....

Winkle van Tinkle
May 18th, 2007, 3:59 PM
Nah mate. We're getting ETO'O!!!!!!

We just enquired if he was black or Somalian.

coinas
May 18th, 2007, 4:33 PM
in
saha
baines
bale
bent
reo cocer

out

mido
defoe
murphy
ghally

and beratov to sign new deal work £40k a week

Winkle van Tinkle
May 18th, 2007, 4:36 PM
I'd go for reo-coker mate.

Alf
May 18th, 2007, 4:37 PM
Thanks. Nice first post.

Saha and Reo Coker I very much doubt.

Winkle van Tinkle
May 18th, 2007, 4:37 PM
in
saha
baines
bale
bent
reo cocer

out

mido
defoe
murphy
ghally

and beratov to sign new deal work £40k a week

Eldanielfire has met his match!!

Simon
May 18th, 2007, 7:37 PM
Tottenham striker Dimitar Berbatov has revealed his strike idols growing up were Marco van Basten and Newcastle legend Alan Shearer.

Berbatov admits his first season at White Hart Lane has given him the opportunity of emulating Shearer by being a number nine in the Premiership.

"When I was young I really liked Marco van Basten and Alan Shearer and when we were playing and I got the ball I would say those names and pretend to be them," said Berbatov.

"When you grow up you think you were a bit silly but those times were very special."

Berbatov was impressed with Spurs' treatment during negotiations last summer, which meant he chose them above a number of other interested teams.

The 26-year-old has since been linked with a move to the top four after scoring 23 goals in his first season, but he insists he is happy at White Hart Lane.

"The fact Tottenham wanted me from the beginning, stood by me, always liked me and wanted me to come here," were among his reasons for signing, he said.

"They were the first team to contact me, I really appreciated it and that is why I chose to come.

"From the first day the fans were fantastic to me, they really support me and I am grateful for that."

If he wanted me to suck him off, I actually would. I love him, and want to give him a cuddle.

da_man
May 19th, 2007, 8:30 AM
Benni could learn a thing a two from him.

Alf
May 19th, 2007, 8:31 AM
Benni and Berb in the same team would be interesting.

Simon
May 19th, 2007, 8:35 AM
Interesting with sexy consequences?

Alf
May 19th, 2007, 8:36 AM
I can't make my mind up. I don't know if they'd work well together.

But, with Berbs supplying the cheeky flicks I reckon Benni would score fucking loads.

da_man
May 19th, 2007, 8:44 AM
Interesting as in its fun to have everyone around you shouting, "Come on Benni! Run for it, you fucking lazy black bastard!"

Simon
May 19th, 2007, 8:45 AM
We already have Mido for that, except change black for Paki even though he's from Egypt.

Lazurus
May 21st, 2007, 4:42 AM
Tottenham have slapped a £15 million price-tag on Jermaine Jenas.
Aston Villa, Everton and West Ham are interested in the England international, but the People says Spurs hope the hefty valuation will put off admirers.
tribalfooball.com - May 20, 2007

Ringo
May 21st, 2007, 4:52 AM
Not the best of sources there.

Simon
May 21st, 2007, 2:25 PM
Spurs have apparently fallen behind in the race to sign Darren Bent, and guess who's got ahead of us...

Newcastle

:lol: Some things never change.

Hulkamaniac
May 21st, 2007, 2:33 PM
Probably want him as replacement for Owen and Martins.

Simon
May 21st, 2007, 2:41 PM
Well I'm assuming one of them must be off, as apparently the reason he's set to choose them over us is that he'll be first choice there - I don't see how he's better than Owen or Martins, so something's afoot. Having said that, this is a very dodgy source so I'm not taking too great an interest in it.

Chelsea in for Chimbo apparently, we're trying to price them out of the market. Not sure how I feel about that - on the one hand, I really think we should be looking to keep our best players, especially when it's clubs like Chelsea bidding as we should be trying to catch them, not sell them our better players and let them get further away. On the other hand, if we can get a big money deal out of them for a 29-year old, it could be fantastic business - he's good, but he's not amazing and I think we could sign a solid right back for a lot less money, who would be more defensive and so allow Lennon to play his natural game down the right without losing any solidity at the back - and we could use the extra money to improve the squad elsewhere.

I think we've impressed a lot of people with our performances this season and the lure of playing alongside the Berb could be big for a lot of players - we're in a better position to sign very good players than we were last year, when we were still taking calculated risks on the likes of Berby, Chimbonda, Zokora and the like. Now we're probably better placed to sign established performers for big money.

Alf
May 21st, 2007, 6:08 PM
If he goes to Newcastle then we have dodged a bullet. I don't rate him at all. I don't think he's any better than Defoe. I'd rather keep Defoe than shell out 15 mil.

Winkle van Tinkle
May 21st, 2007, 6:26 PM
Bent is a much much better player. Defoe has a lot of weak areas in his game still, whereas Bent is a more complete forward.

Lazurus
May 23rd, 2007, 4:21 AM
The problem with the whole Defoe thing is hes proved that he can't play alongside Keane. That means if we don't play Berby every single match we need 4 strikers.

In my mind we need to offload Mido and get as much money as we can for Defoe (who I think is a far better player than Bent and would really miss) and then get a third striker who is of the same standard but doesn't have that total lack of chemistry.

Our 4th striker should then be one of the youth/reserve players who doesn't expect to play more than 10 games a year.

Lazurus
May 23rd, 2007, 4:24 AM
Oh and Bale and Kaboul deals are apparently done according to most of Fleet Street this morning.

Flow (Ice Cold) 3000
May 23rd, 2007, 4:53 AM
Yes but the tabloids are all bollocks m8.

Not saying they won't happen, the standard of sports journalism in this country just dictates that you cannae believe anything until it's on skysports.com

Simon
May 23rd, 2007, 7:01 AM
This acceptable enough for you, Flow? ;) (http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=468146&CPID=8&clid=6&lid=4161&title=Spurs'+Bale+offer+accepted)

Convincing Southampton is only half the battle, though - we need to convince the boy himself.

Lazurus
May 23rd, 2007, 7:03 AM
Spurs have, APPARENTLY, just signed Bale.

YUSSS!

MACE
May 23rd, 2007, 7:10 AM
SSN are reporting Southampton have accepted an offer but are are waiting for a better offer from United.

FM tactics going on...

Lazurus
May 23rd, 2007, 7:15 AM
United are very carefully not being drawn into bidding wars. The fact that our offer has been accepted say to me that they've decided that Man U won't offer more money.

He'd be an idiot to go to Man U or Arsenal though; how many Left Backs do they need?

MACE
May 23rd, 2007, 7:17 AM
Well there's always rumours about Henzie going, so if he does then we'd need another one for backup.

da_man
May 23rd, 2007, 7:58 AM
No doubt Bale is a tremendous raw prospect but 17 year old full-backs are invariably ridiculously error-prone. Ashley Cole was a liability well into his 20s.

Winkle van Tinkle
May 23rd, 2007, 8:00 AM
But he's YOUNG and BRITISH.

:shifty:

da_man
May 23rd, 2007, 8:01 AM
*Welsh

He's probably waiting for us to bid for him because he's desperate to play for Hughesy but Steeeeeeeeephen Warnock is a better player so he can jog on.

Lazurus
May 23rd, 2007, 8:40 AM
The beeb seem to think it's going ahead.

Bale to have medical at Tottenham

Bale has one year left on his deal at Southampton
Southampton full-back Gareth Bale will have a medical at Tottenham on Wednesday after the two clubs agreed a fee, reports BBC Radio Wales.

Saints boss George Burley earlier denied reports a fee had been agreed between the two clubs.

But sources close to the 17-year-old expect him to sign within days.

Spurs had a bid of about £10m accepted by Saints in January, but Welsh international Bale rejected the chance to move to White Hart Lane.

The teenage left-back has only one year left on his contract and was also linked with moves to Arsenal and Manchester United.

But following Southampton's failure to gain promotion this season the prospect of first-team football in the Premiership at Tottenham looks to have been enough to change his mind.

Bale made his debut as a 16-year-old last year for Saints - becoming the second youngest to ever play for the club - and this season he has become a regular for Southampton and Wales.

He became the youngest Welsh international when he played against Trinidad & Tobago in May last year - setting up a late winner.

Alf
May 23rd, 2007, 1:35 PM
Also, Reyes to A. Madrid.

Mido + Cash for Petrov.

Kaboul. Like I said yesterday, he's said he's coming.

Melv
May 23rd, 2007, 1:41 PM
Also, Reyes to A. Madrid.

Mido + Cash for Petrov.

Kaboul. Like I said yesterday, he's said he's coming.
Is he fucking Hobbit's mum?

Alf
May 23rd, 2007, 2:20 PM
Bale medical tomorrow apparently.

The Comet Kid
May 24th, 2007, 3:12 PM
Bales ours :grumpy:

Matt E
May 25th, 2007, 3:45 AM
Manchester United will offer £27.5m plus £11m-rated Louis Saha for Spurs striker Dimitar Berbatov. (Sun)

The Sun does make me laugh. £38m ffs :D

Melv
May 25th, 2007, 3:50 AM
Saha worth £11m? sdaklfj;asklfasdjfk

turdpower
May 25th, 2007, 5:34 AM
I know Melv. hgasdkjshdkias. He's worth at least 15.

turdpower
May 25th, 2007, 5:35 AM
That wouldn't really solve our striker problems. It would still mean we don't have enough.

phenom
May 25th, 2007, 12:28 PM
If Saha wasn't dead then that would be a decent deal.

I don't want to lose Berbatov, but if we were to lose him, that would be a good deal. If Saha wasn't dead, that is.

Winkle van Tinkle
May 25th, 2007, 3:30 PM
Spurs have confirmed the Bale signing.

turdpower
May 25th, 2007, 3:43 PM
If you get 30 free kicks a season. I hope he fucking dies :(

da_man
May 25th, 2007, 3:52 PM
Add Bale to the list of:

Routledge
Davis
El Hamdaoui
Davenport
Ziegler
Atouba
Reid
Brown
Zamora
Postiga

turdpower
May 25th, 2007, 3:57 PM
Rasiak.

Simon
May 26th, 2007, 8:13 AM
Getting very excited about the new season already. Signing a main target like Bale is a huge step forward to the club - it was the one thing we didn't manage to do last summer, having to settle for less in-demand players like Berbatov (obviously it worked out better than anyone could have expected). We now seem to at least have a fighting chance when we're bidding for the same players as the big sides. Assuming the Kaboul deal is wrapped up, I think all we really need to do is get a left winger (which we're going all out for, Nani is top of the shopping list and we're prepared to break our transfer record for him) and hopefully a top centre mid, and we'll be laughing. If Defoe goes, we'll still need to sign a top striker to replace him (the Bent rumours are still ongoing), but we're very well placed at the moment. Exciting.

Melv
May 26th, 2007, 8:16 AM
I actually agree with whoever it was that said a couple of weeks ago that keeping Berbatov was as important as signing new players. I don't think the likes of Bale and other big name targets would have given Spurs a second thought if Berbatov was leaving to go elsewhere.

Simon
May 27th, 2007, 4:14 PM
Kaboul to be announced tomorrow or Tuesday, according to everyone's favourite knowledge-merchant, Ben.

Glen
May 27th, 2007, 4:51 PM
I still think you got ripped for Bale mate. He's a decidedly average player. He's only a set piece "star".

Simon
May 27th, 2007, 5:56 PM
We'll see.

Simon
May 28th, 2007, 7:28 AM
Latest news is that Nani and Bent are very definitely our main targets, remains to be seen whether we can get them - depends on what other bids come in.

Defoe likely to leave, a number of unspecificed clubs in for him (Pompy, Villa and Newcastle?)

If we get an adequate replacement in, we'll let Chimbo go to Chelsea for the £10m they offered - I'm assuming this is a deal that in theory is done, but might not go through for a long while yet.

Ghaly and Mido are the club's priorities to get rid of as we feel we could pull in a decent amount of cash for both of them.

Salty and Tainio are on the last years of their contracts, no indication yet whether they will be kept on. Apparently Jol is happy to let them both see their contracts out, although I don't know whether this means he likes them and would prefer to keep them for a year than sell them, or he is just trying to force them into signing new contracts.

All from BEN. He says it's going to be a busy summer.

Winkle van Tinkle
May 28th, 2007, 7:32 AM
What does BEN say about Chelsea not having any money to spend this season, so the £10m for Chimponda is rubbish?

da_man
May 28th, 2007, 7:34 AM
Mourinho wanted Benni but the board won't fork out £10m.

Its why they're having to go after the likes of Sidwell, Alex and Ben Haim.

He said he didn't want a right back anyway a few months ago - said he was happy with Glen Johnson coming back for next season.

Simon
May 28th, 2007, 7:36 AM
What does BEN say about Chelsea not having any money to spend this season, so the £10m for Chimponda is rubbish?

I doubt he would have anything to say about it, as his knowledge isn't of Chelsea's finances. I'm pretty sure Chelsea will have plenty of money to spend, anyway.

Ringo
May 28th, 2007, 7:37 AM
I don't think there's any need to spend big at the moment to be honest, and I very much doubt the board were unwilling to fork out 10 million for McCarthy.

Glen
May 28th, 2007, 9:34 AM
Keane has just signed a new five year contract with the Yids

Simon
May 28th, 2007, 3:14 PM
It's good to be a Yiddo.

Simon
May 31st, 2007, 9:24 PM
Fancy some more rumours? :D

-We have agreed terms with Darren Bent subject to a medical, but are yet to agree a deal with Charlton. We seem to hold the cards though, as Charlton's one bit of power was that the Spam were willing to offer more - but Bent has said he has no interest in going there, he's intent on moving to Spurs. I suspect this one will run and run, probably until the end of the window before eventually one side backs down or we reach a compromise...we're very confident of getting him, though.

-Jermain Defoe is NOT looking for a move and is happy at the Lane, contrary to reports. Chelsea are apparently sniffing after him, but Jol will only sanction the move if it involves Robben moving the other way.

-Chelsea were in for Chimbonda but the interest seems to have cooled.

-Mido is effectively being forced out of the club due to his poor performances and attitude this season. Blackburn are interested, along with a few European clubs, mostly from France.

-Jol's first pick for the left wing spot is Robben, he really wants him - but if we can't get him, his next pick is Petrov from Atletico Madrid, who we tried to sign last summer and again in January. Petrov is apparently keen on the move, and Madrid are likely to sign Reyes from Arsenal - so it might just be a case of waiting to see if we can sign anyone better. Him and the Berb are supposedly bezza mates, I reckon we should get him in just to keep Berby happy.

We're interested in [b]Morten Gamst Pedersen. This bit of info was very specifically stated that he is not considered an alternative to Robben/Petrov, but an 'as well as'...so I'm guessing Jol fancies his chances of getting one of those two, but wants Pedersen as well...seems an odd move to me, we'd have to spend a lot to sign Pedersen and it wouldn't make sense for any party to have him on the bench. In any case, we've been knocked back with our initial bid. I reckon a straight swap between Mido and the Gamst might be in order.

-We're keeping an eye on Nugent, but it seems pretty likely that he'll go to Everton.

-Villa and Sunderland are both interested in Tainio, but Jol wants to keep him. I hope he doesn't go - he's a really good squad player for us, never lets us down and he's a Yiddo as well...having said that, I almost feel he's wasted as a squad player for us, I think he could do a huge job for a team like Sunderland.

-We're not interested in Reo-Coker. Or, alternatively, we are definitely signing Reo-Coker. Depends which rumour you read. Neither of them are from Ben, so who knows.

-We tried for Parker and could probably have got him ahead of the Spam, but he wouldn't drop his wages and wanted guaranteed first team football. Fuck him, then.

-We're interested in this Jimmy Briand kid, but so are Arsenal, Portsmouth and Middlesbrough. Seems like this one is on the backburner but we are being kept informed.

-We tried to sneak under the radar and get Nani before United could move, but Nani's agent made sure United knew what was going on and they moved very quickly to wrap the deal up. If United hadn't moved so quickly, we could well have got him.

Those are all from one guy (other than the alternative Reo-Coker story, obviously). Others from various sources:

-Kaboul is having a second medical over the weekend. Not sure why, that isn't standard practise, is it? I'd be very wary of signing a player with potential injury problems, considering the struggles King already has.

-We're definitely in for Petrov, and this is key to Berby agreeing to stay :scared:

-A shitload of people all saying the same things about the Nani deal - that we moved as quickly as we could to tie it up, but were scuppered at the last minute by United moving incredibly quickly to beat us to him. It seems like we negotiated for ages and eventually agreed a fee, but United came in with an initial bid that matched their evaluation and had his personal terms signed up almost instantly. That's why there was nothing (other than incredibly vague rumours) prior to the transfer being announced, United just moved incredibly fast and incredibly efficiently.

da_man
June 1st, 2007, 8:45 AM
You'll have to pay top whack for The Artist formerly known as Gamst if you are to get him. Liverpool are reportedly interested in him and our Chairman has said that we won't sell anyone who Hughes doesn't think he can get a better replacement for.

Simon
June 1st, 2007, 8:50 AM
His agent is doing his best to tout him, telling reporters that 'the big five' (:cool:...) are all interested. Doubt we'll get him, but that's one of the rumours.

Simon
June 1st, 2007, 8:54 AM
Also, there's a pretty funny bit of insider knowledge that says United and Spurs have a strange semi-friendly rivalry going now...Gill contacted Comolli to see if they could get a deal for Berby but was told to fuck off. Then he asked about Defoe, only for Comolli to then ask about Heinze and Smith...Comolli said that we moved aside to let United get Nani so allow us a cheeky bid on those two, but Gill says back that they let us have Bale so we're equal...funny stuff.

The mere fact that we're going for the same players United are after, and getting a few of them, is really encouraging.

da_man
June 1st, 2007, 8:54 AM
I :heart: MGP but his lack of consistency means he'd be some way behind Bentley, Reid, Nelsen, Samba and Warnock in my 'bothered if they left' list.

Simon
June 1st, 2007, 8:56 AM
We could really do with a left winger, maybe we need him more than you. I'd rather get the Bentley though.

da_man
June 1st, 2007, 8:59 AM
Nah, Bentley loves it here. Big interview in the local rag the other day saying how much he owes to Hughes, the club and the fans for getting his career on the right track.

Says everyone at the club is looking at certainly being top 6 and pushing the top 4 next season.

Simon
June 1st, 2007, 9:01 AM
Yeah I've seen him mention a few times that he's really happy there - he's matured a lot since he joined you lot, cos he used to be a right arrogant, mouthy cunt. He's a Tottenham boy though, so maybe one day we'll have him away from you. He was in the papers the other day talking about how when he was a kid his favourite players were the Tottenham strikers.

"Bentley issues a come and get me plea to Spurs"

Winkle van Tinkle
June 1st, 2007, 9:04 AM
The mere fact that we're going for the same players United are after, and getting a few of them, is really encouraging.

What few?

Simon
June 1st, 2007, 9:06 AM
Bale and Berbatov the main ones. Zokora also.

turdpower
June 1st, 2007, 9:12 AM
I don't think we were in for Zokora mate.

Simon
June 1st, 2007, 9:14 AM
Certainly were linked with him, and Fergie admitted interest. Dunno about a bid. Ignoring him, getting Bale and Berby ahead of you when we're nowhere near your level isn't a bad effort.

turdpower
June 1st, 2007, 9:15 AM
We don't need Bale when we have FABIO and RAFAEL.

I'm happy with our summer spending :D

Winkle van Tinkle
June 1st, 2007, 9:17 AM
Won't win nothing with kids mate.

turdpower
June 1st, 2007, 9:21 AM
http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/-/54/69/-/3343189/Tottenham-Hotspur-2006-07-Season-Review/Product.html?searchtype=genre

I think you should buy this Simon.

Simon
June 1st, 2007, 9:24 AM
...?

Winkle van Tinkle
June 1st, 2007, 9:27 AM
Nah get this.

http://www.play.com/Books/Books/4-/2199969/Tottenham-Massive/Product.html

Winkle van Tinkle
June 1st, 2007, 9:27 AM
MASSIVE CLUB!!!

MASSIVE FIRM!!

WE ARE THE TOTTENHAM MASSIVE!!!!

turdpower
June 1st, 2007, 10:02 AM
...?

I was just generally being helpful.

Winkle van Tinkle
June 1st, 2007, 10:04 AM
They're jews, they want it free or not at all.

Simon
June 2nd, 2007, 2:11 PM
Villa back in for Defoe, £8m bid. Fuck off away from him.

Lazurus
June 7th, 2007, 3:35 AM
We're either offering £8m for Petrov or we're not depending on what paper you read.

Apparently we want Marlon Harewood; I'm hoping that this is a very cheap deal for a spare striker rather than any attempt to put him into our first team any time soon.

Lazurus
June 7th, 2007, 3:37 AM
Oh and following every Spurs fan in the world saying that they don't want Luis Figo and Spurs saying that they wouldn't break their wage structure for older players who come on a Bosman...

Luis Figo has come out and said he doesn't want to play in England anyway.

Here's a quick impression

"I'd love to play in England"

*Tumbleweed*

"I didn't want to play in England anyway"

son_of_foley
June 7th, 2007, 5:06 AM
i'm sure during his time at real madrid he was dreaming of one day playing for spurs mate.

Hulkamaniac
June 7th, 2007, 7:44 AM
Apparently we're making bids for Jussi, Healy and Nuggent.

Hulkamaniac
June 7th, 2007, 7:48 AM
I thought that you spurs guys would be interested in that.

Lazurus
June 7th, 2007, 8:08 AM
Cheer Mik,

Nuggent you say.

Hulkamaniac
June 7th, 2007, 8:33 AM
Apparently so.

Simon
June 7th, 2007, 10:32 AM
You should take Lee "The Hotshot" Barnard on loan for a year, he'd score a shitload and keep you up.

I actually wouldn't be completely devastated if we got Harewood...I don't rate him much, but he's happy enough being fourth (fifth if you include Ashton) choice at West Ham so I'm assuming he'd be happy doing the same with us, considering we have UEFA Cup football and so more matches in which he'd be needed...certainly preferable to fat man Mido, and at least Harewood works hard. Although on the other hand I watched the last game of the season, and seeing Kieran Richardson outmuscle Harewood on about four different occasions was one of the strangest things I'd ever seen.

Obviously we should be looking for someone (much) better, but I don't think you'll find many players who are willing to be fourth choice and are better than Harewood.

da_man
June 7th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Harewood is a terrible footballer. You'd be better off buying Jeffers off us.

Lazurus
June 7th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Not a transfer but the best news ever....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6731537.stm

Bye bye Alan Sugar you cunt. -----

EDIT --- Can someone clarify if that's allowed in the football forum? Wouldn't want to get in trouble for my foul language.

EDIT 2 --- He is a cunt though.

The Rosk
June 7th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Yeah mate, you get banned for saying "cunt" outside the Asylum

You fucking massive dickhead.

Lazurus
June 7th, 2007, 12:33 PM
That's an 'asylum attitude' you're using there Rosk.

Very banable.

I'm still in shock that we got shot of that bastard after 16 years of him hanging around the club.

"Double? what double?" Yeah Alan; great Spurs fan you are. :rolleyes:

Hulkamaniac
June 7th, 2007, 12:57 PM
I'd be perfectly happy with Sugar as a chairman to be honest. He did nothing wrong for Spurs as far as I'm concerned.

Simon
June 7th, 2007, 1:02 PM
We do need the rules and regulations confirmed, I think...I don't think an Asylum attiude will work because you know you'll get a few smart arse Yanks who'll come in here causing trouble with the "This is Asylum rules" attitude to fall back on. Silly cunts.

da_man
June 7th, 2007, 1:39 PM
We're all grown up lads here. A bit of industrial language and football-related banter is all a-ok in my book.

Someone being a deliberately annoying penis should be given the boot :yes:

Hulkamaniac
June 7th, 2007, 3:33 PM
Indeed. This place doesnt need any written rules or regs as such. It just people to have a thick skin and it needs to be able to deal with idiots when it is necessary.

Lazurus
June 7th, 2007, 5:16 PM
I'd be perfectly happy with Sugar as a chairman to be honest. He did nothing wrong for Spurs as far as I'm concerned.

He fiddled whilst Rome burned.

Lazurus
June 8th, 2007, 3:24 AM
For all of those doubters out there.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/benspenaltypoint.html

“I had no second thoughts about coming here, it was just a case of when can I join. Tottenham is a massive club which is on the up. They are trying to bring in the best young players and obviously I want to be part of that.”

Massive.

Hulkamaniac
June 8th, 2007, 5:46 AM
Aye, but he thinks that he has a massive cock...which sadly, we all know to be untrue.

Simon
June 8th, 2007, 9:11 AM
We've apparently moved ahead in the race to sign Sneijder.

Tottenham Hotspur have edged ahead of Aston Villa in the battle to sign Wesley Sneijder as they are willing to pay the €15m (£10.2m) transfer fee being demanded by Ajax.

The creative midfielder, who is 23 this weekend, is also keen to team up with Spurs' Dutch manager Martin Jol and would prefer a move to London rather than Birmingham. Talks are understood to have been held with his agent, Rodger Lindse.

Ajax have already rejected a series of bids from Valencia for the Dutch international which peaked at €12m (£8.1m). He was recently watched by the Villa manager Martin O'Neill at the Dutch Cup final but Jol is believed to have the advantage in chasing his signature.

If he does arrive at White Hart Lane, it will be another bold statement of intent from Spurs who have already spent up to £10m on Gareth Bale from Southampton. The pair could link up down Spurs' problematic left-flank although Sneijder, who is genuinely two-footed, can play on either flank or through the middle.

Sneijder, who played for the Netherlands in their friendly victory over Thailand on Wednesday, has been a first-team regular at Ajax for five years. He has two years on his current contract and the Dutch club has said they will hold on to him and run the risk of him going for free if they do not receive the transfer fee they are demanding.

Spurs' interest in the player is even more long-standing than Villa's, with Frank Arnesen enquiring about his availability when he was sporting director two years ago.

From The Independent.

The only bit of insider info regarding him is this:

Sneider is our main midfield target. It is expected that he is our replacement for routledge and upgarde on Malbs - their not confident Lennon will be the star he think he is next year and want a proven talent - Lennon does have a price apparently.

Which doesn't really tell us much.

Other than that, we're looking at Fabio Quigliarella who is apparently immense, not seen much of him other than two fantastic goals he scored in Serie A last season, and I heard he got a couple of excellent goals the other night for Italy as well...supposed to be top drawer, the future of Italian football etc etc.

Chimbonda is now being linked to Seville - seems like something of a sideways step unless he just wants to move abroad. Mido to Birmingham and Murphy to Wigan, also.

The Rosk
June 8th, 2007, 9:12 AM
Don't need him when we've got STEVE DAVIS mate.

turdpower
June 8th, 2007, 9:15 AM
I bet he'll be too busy potting balls.

Melv
June 8th, 2007, 9:19 AM
Sneijder for that price is a bargain still.

son_of_foley
June 8th, 2007, 9:45 AM
he certainly would be. I would expect some more interest if an offer was accepted

Lazurus
June 8th, 2007, 10:14 AM
Well the rumour is that Spurs have paid the asking price without even trying to negotiate. It looks like we're trying to push it through before anyone else can get in with an offer.

son_of_foley
June 8th, 2007, 10:17 AM
which would be smart. I would be very suprised if his agent isnt keeping a few other clubs informed. Thats not to say he would chose them over you anyway but i would expect a few late offers in.

Lazurus
June 8th, 2007, 10:35 AM
I'm shocked that Valencia wouldn't go above £8m; insanity right there.

If we get him I'll be very happy but you couldn't blame a Champions League side for coming in for him and you couldn't blame him for signing for a bigger side if they do come in.

Melv
June 8th, 2007, 10:37 AM
What's another £2m in this day and age in transfers? Fuck all, that's what.

Lazurus
June 8th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Exactly; and especially for a player who's only 23.

You can almost understand penny pinching for players who will only have a couple of years left in them but not for a player with most of his career in front of him.

Melv
June 8th, 2007, 10:52 AM

You can almost understand penny pinching for players who will only have a couple of years left in them but not for a player with most of his career in front of him.
I could understand it if Spurs were only offering about £2m for him in the first place and being asked to pay another £2m, but when a player's being valued at £10.2m and you're offering £8m, you obviously badly want the player, so why not pay the extra £2m they're asking?

turdpower
June 8th, 2007, 11:04 AM

Maybe he's actually quite shit.