PDA

View Full Version : 24, lads. Bloody hell like.

Pages : [1] 2 3

da_man
December 27th, 2006, 6:48 PM
*NO TALK/SPOILERS PAST SEASON 1 THANK YOU PLEASE*

Alright, alright - 24 has been around ages, I know. But I got the season 1 box set the other week and just haven't had enough time to watch it. I've devoured it in 3 days and its the best thing I've ever watched.

Season 1 spoilers

At the end, I was a bit like - Nina, what the fuck?! :dunno: But I can live with it.

I've never been in to a TV programme so intensely. I absolutely "marked out" when Tony turned up at the safehouse and saved the day. :ashamed: Tony's da fucking man. :bowdown:

I also found myself pointing angrily at the TV saying "Mason's the fucking mole! :rant:"

My student loan looks like its going to be funding my new love in the new year. :wiggle:

Simon
December 27th, 2006, 6:52 PM
:yes: It's obscenely good, init. I was the same as you before I watched it...nothing against it, just no interest in it and certainly no interest in investing so much time, money and effort into it. Then my missus (at the time) borrowed the first season off someone and got into it - I wasn't around often enough what with Uni to keep up with it at first but by the time she was onto borrowing the fourth season I was off Uni and we went through the whole season in about a week, and it was fucking incredible. HABIB MARWAN MOTHERFUCKERS.

The beauty of it is, you finish one season and you're exhausted and exhilarated, then you realise that there are FOUR other series to watch, plus a new series and film coming. The film's set in London WOOOOOO

MACE
December 27th, 2006, 6:54 PM
I've never watched it. :ashamed:

I should do though. Just haven't got the time.

eldanielfire
December 27th, 2006, 6:57 PM
Every season has some amazing twists. None more so that season 5. I envy you watching all that 24 for the first time.

da_man
December 27th, 2006, 6:59 PM
I'm not a dirty downloader so I've just ordered Season 2 off Amazon for £20. I hope it takes a while to come because I desperately need to be starting some uni work. I planned to today but I ended up watching 7 episodes. :\

Hobbit
December 27th, 2006, 7:16 PM
It's class yeah, I still need to get round to watching from Day 3 onwards. Nina was a right bastard, did she die in Day 2? Can't remember.

GEORGE MASON is the best.

eldanielfire
December 27th, 2006, 7:41 PM
It's class yeah, I still need to get round to watching from Day 3 onwards. Nina was a right bastard, did she die in Day 2? Can't remember.

*Sigh*

*NO TALK/SPOILERS PAST SEASON 1 THANK YOU PLEASE*

Matthew
December 27th, 2006, 7:47 PM
If I wasn't such a nice guy, I'd spoil it. Because I hate the fact that I am allowed to do that without being banned or something.

I shall quit rambling now.

Aussie_Outlaw
December 27th, 2006, 7:58 PM
Season 6 starts next month woo!

I have 1-4 on DVD and I've downloaded Season 5. Did them all this year in about 3 months.

Hobbit
December 27th, 2006, 8:00 PM
*Sigh*

Well it's not a spoiler if I don't even know if she did die is it you silly twat.

*sigh*

Ozanne
December 27th, 2006, 8:09 PM
My student loan looks like its going to be funding my new love in the new year. :wiggle:

Easy solution to that, have you ever tried www.tv-links.co.uk?

Gyoza
December 28th, 2006, 5:22 AM
JACK GETS KIDNAPPED BY CHINKS KTHANKSBYE.

eldanielfire
December 28th, 2006, 8:20 AM
Well it's not a spoiler if I don't even know if she did die is it you silly twat.

*sigh*

It's that you gave away the fact she dies. You silly twat :p
Part of what makes several 24 moments good is Jack's harsh decisions and consequences and that you don't know what extreams he will go through.

*sigh*

Samuel L. Jackson
December 28th, 2006, 8:22 AM
BAUER DIES ON PAGE 596

Hobbit
December 28th, 2006, 8:32 AM
It's that you gave away the fact she dies. You silly twat :p
Part of what makes several 24 moments good is Jack's harsh decisions and consequences and that you don't know what extreams he will go through.

*sigh*

You've just confirmed it anyway, SPOILERZ

GeezaTap
December 28th, 2006, 8:52 AM
BAUER DIES ON PAGE 596

*Plays Tarzan Boy*

eldanielfire
December 28th, 2006, 8:56 AM
You've just confirmed it anyway, SPOILERZ

It's already a bit late for that. That comment is a bit like kicking the ball into the net 10 minutes after the wistle is blown.

Hobbit
December 28th, 2006, 9:52 AM
I wouldn't be able to because the Best Goalkeeper in the World Jens Lehmann wouldn't let me.

Gyoza
December 28th, 2006, 1:56 PM
THE PRESIDENT IS THE BAD GUY IN SEASON 5

Beefy
December 28th, 2006, 2:31 PM
A mate and I watched all 24 episodes of season five back-to-back in September. Bloody hell, that was hard work.

Great, great series though. My favourite TV show ever by a distance. Jack Bauer is just the man.

http://blogs.telecinco.es/files/abordaje/bauer.jpg

"Freeze!"

"Tell me what I need to know!"

"DAMMIT!"

Gyoza
December 28th, 2006, 2:33 PM
ROBOCOP KILLS TONY IN SEASON 5 NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Rali
December 28th, 2006, 3:48 PM
:( I miss Tony. I also have a soft spot for Ramon Salazar. Always trusting Jack n' that.

My most hated character is the little kid's (Megan?) dad in Season 2. I cheered like all hell when Miguel gave him an X-Pac style roundhouse.

PS ~ 24 is brilliance. I'm hoping Day 6 is as good as 5.

Hobbit
December 28th, 2006, 3:55 PM
Are you talking about John Terry aka Christian Shepherd Rali you fucking cunt? The man's a monster.

Didn't realise you bastards were up to day 6. Got soo much watching to do ffs.

Canuck
December 28th, 2006, 3:59 PM
Where the fuck was all the 24 love when I got bullied for buying the Jack Bauer poster? :mad:

Rali
December 28th, 2006, 4:21 PM
WHATS THIS POSTER??????

Just Joe
December 28th, 2006, 4:22 PM
Tony coming back to work on the same day as being SHOT IN THE NECK! was pretty badass.

Rali
December 28th, 2006, 4:27 PM
Season 3 yeah? He's quite the man Tony.

He also gets to (or got to) bang Michelle. I thought she was a bit of an alright.

Hobbit ~ What the fuck you on about mate?

Hobbit
December 28th, 2006, 4:28 PM
Megan's dad.

I MIGHT BE GETTING PEOPLE MIXED UP K

I'm thinking of Bob Warner.

Rali
December 28th, 2006, 4:30 PM
Jesusfuck you're a cunt.

Rali
December 28th, 2006, 4:31 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Hobbit again.

:(

:heart:

Hobbit
December 28th, 2006, 4:31 PM
Alright mate bit harsh that. Fucking hell.

*ffs stop making me look like my love is FADING.

Just Joe
December 28th, 2006, 4:33 PM
Tony returning midway through Day 4 was fucking awesome as well.

Rali
December 28th, 2006, 4:37 PM
You know I love you, you ALBA...

...TROSS

http://www.oxfam.org.uk/coolplanet/ontheline/explore/nature/oceans/images/albatross.jpg

I love how season 2 episode 1 ends with Jack shooting some guy right in the heart, and then saying to Mason ~ "I'm going to need a hacksaw"

Just Joe
December 28th, 2006, 4:38 PM
This is probably bollocks;

There are rumors that, since his prominent character did not receive a silent clock, he may still be alive and in a coma. Also, Bernard has been seen on the set of the currently shooting Season 6 and bystanders say they have seen him shoot scenes. It is possible that his appearance on set could be accounted for by his co-hosting Fox News correspondent Greta Van Susteren's televised November 2006 visit to the CTU set, during which Bernard and 24 executive producer Jon Cassar gave Van Susteren a guided tour. During the Van Susteren interview, both she and Carlos Bernard used the word "alleged" in reference to Tony Almeida's death. Cassar referred to some fans' belief that Tony was still alive, owing to the absence of a silent clock.

:panic:

LarryLuv
December 29th, 2006, 2:34 AM
24 is utter f'n brilliance.

Anyone who says anything to the contrary is going to get a towel stuffed down their throat and into their stomachs. I will then pull said towel out of your mouth and with it will come your stomach.

I learned that in season 1. How fitting.

eldanielfire
December 29th, 2006, 5:44 AM
This is probably bollocks;

There are rumors that, since his prominent character did not receive a silent clock, he may still be alive and in a coma. Also, Bernard has been seen on the set of the currently shooting Season 6 and bystanders say they have seen him shoot scenes. It is possible that his appearance on set could be accounted for by his co-hosting Fox News correspondent Greta Van Susteren's televised November 2006 visit to the CTU set, during which Bernard and 24 executive producer Jon Cassar gave Van Susteren a guided tour. During the Van Susteren interview, both she and Carlos Bernard used the word "alleged" in reference to Tony Almeida's death. Cassar referred to some fans' belief that Tony was still alive, owing to the absence of a silent clock.

:panic:

If that happened it could be awesome. The ultimate comeback.

Hobbit
December 29th, 2006, 7:05 AM
da_man has created a monster in this thread. SPOILERS

Beefy
December 29th, 2006, 11:59 AM
Yeah I've heard that Tony conspiracy theory before. I really, really, hope its true because I'm still pissed off with how they treated our Tone. Absolutely ridiculous.

Alf
December 29th, 2006, 1:15 PM
Tone is indestructable. Face facts.

da_man
December 30th, 2006, 9:45 AM
I've haven't read a post in this thread since Hobbz said "oh, Nina dies doesn't she?"

:nono:

I take it that there's a million other spoilers in here since then you utter bastards.

Aussie_Outlaw
December 30th, 2006, 9:47 AM
Yeah there is Pauly, I'll go clean it up for you.

Aussie_Outlaw
December 30th, 2006, 9:49 AM
There you go Paul, all major spoilers are gone.

da_man
December 30th, 2006, 9:59 AM
Cheers, Dave :heart: :wiggle:

I'm gonna start answering my phone with "Topping" and when I meet people for the first time just add "CTU" onto the end of me introducing myself.

:) :ashamed:

Moz
December 30th, 2006, 10:03 AM
I've got the CTU ringtone on me phone, and I have answered as 'Choudhury CTU' more than once.

Hobbit
December 30th, 2006, 10:03 AM
I didn't say Nina dies, I just queried the amount of truth in such an idea.

Example: "Robbie Savage broke his leg last night, didn't he?"

Rali
December 30th, 2006, 2:51 PM
Everytime I ring work, I'm all "This is Bauer, I need to speak to the President". Usually the person knows it's me and laughs. A couple of weeks ago I tried calling early Sunday morning, and the chick who answered was like "Errrrrrrr wrong number I think *hangs up*"

Don't you hate people who don't watch 24?

da_man
December 30th, 2006, 2:54 PM
WOOOOOOO!

I just got my first phone call with my new CTU office ringtone!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Just Joe
December 30th, 2006, 3:01 PM
Where did you get the ringtone? I want it.

Rali
December 30th, 2006, 3:03 PM
http://division.ctuhq.us/media.html

I have the beeping as my sms tone. Tis brilliant.

katiemarie
December 30th, 2006, 3:09 PM
I've got the CTU ringtone on me phone, and I have answered as 'Choudhury CTU' more than once.

I had that for awhile, but I got tired of people coming up to me in stores/bars/etc and going "OMG is that the 24 phone?! Where'd you get that??" every time I got a call.

McBain
December 30th, 2006, 3:11 PM
God that is so 2003.

I want a Barley "REALLY ANNOYING RING-TOOOOOOONE" one. :D

LarryLuv
December 30th, 2006, 5:25 PM
Jack, Tony, and Black Jack (aka Curtis Manning da II) have proven time and time again that they are in fact, cyborgs that are unable to be defeated.

For the record, Chase Edmunds is a big ole cunt bag.

Alf
December 30th, 2006, 5:34 PM
WOOOOOOO!

I just got my first phone call with my new CTU office ringtone!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Yup!

That's my text tone. It's fucking brilliant.

da_man
January 4th, 2007, 10:27 AM
(season 2)

Fucking hell, lads...

CTU just got blown up

I hope Tony made it out :(

And :lol: @ Mason; guti'd m8

Gyoza
January 4th, 2007, 2:09 PM
He makes it out just so he can
romance Michelle Dessler, then get shot in the neck, then get forced into helping Stephen Saunders when Dessler gets adbucted by his men, then gets arrested, then gets drunk watching Mexican footy on TV, then goes back to CTU, then gets caught up in an explosion which kills Dessler, then gets killed by Robocop... or does he?

Hlebsfall
January 4th, 2007, 2:22 PM
Robocop was the best bad guy in 24. Immense. Dennis Hopper was alright as well.

Gyoza
January 4th, 2007, 2:27 PM
Julian Sands was pretty handy as well.

The Gooch
January 4th, 2007, 2:51 PM
Welcome to the 24 club da_man. Don't watch too many of these episodes in one day. I managed 16 in one day trying to catch up and felt the urge to pistol whip someone Jack Bauer style.

CanadianCrippla
January 4th, 2007, 2:52 PM
I haven't watched 24 at all this season. How has it been? http://forums.rajah.com/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gif

Hlebsfall
January 4th, 2007, 2:57 PM
Not even started, not that you can read this now you're banned.

radon
January 4th, 2007, 9:05 PM
Dont read any of Gyoza's spoilers, hes just being a typical NZ cunt. Angry at the world cos all he can fuck are sheep.

Ricky
January 4th, 2007, 9:06 PM
:yes:

Ten days.

Rali
January 4th, 2007, 11:11 PM
Very small spoiler for S6E1

Apparently Stephen Merchant has a small cameo. The filmed a scene with Ricky Gervais too, but decided he was too big a star to appear

Can't wait to see that bad ass beard :hyper:

Just Joe
January 6th, 2007, 9:01 PM
LADS! Day Six, Episode One is on the interweb.

http://www.alluc.org/alluc/tv-shows.html?category_uid=3875

Just watched it, awesome stuff. The Beard! Vampire Jack! Merchant! :hyper:

Aussie_Outlaw
January 6th, 2007, 9:23 PM
Episode 2 & 3 is also out on torrents.

4 should be leaked tomorrow.

24 was going for a DVD release around the opening airdate of the first 4.25 episodes. Seems they hit the internet a tad early.

Rali
January 7th, 2007, 2:47 AM
Downloading the first 4 eps now :hyper:

Aussie_Outlaw
January 7th, 2007, 3:14 AM
I have episode 1 already.

The rest are at:
2: 38%
3 40%
4 23%

I'm gonna watch them all in a row tonight.

radon
January 7th, 2007, 6:41 AM
Watched all 4.

Christ mates, its started with a bang.

Aussie_Outlaw
January 7th, 2007, 12:22 PM
It has indeed.

Just Joe
January 7th, 2007, 12:25 PM
I want to watch 3 and 4. Stupid torrents are too slow and the streaming site hasn't got them up yet. :(

Aussie_Outlaw
January 7th, 2007, 12:35 PM
I just finished watching all four.

Generic non-spoiler but tagged anyway since it reveals when a big event does come up.
First 3 lack a bit of intensity but the end of 4 makes up for it.

Kris
January 8th, 2007, 3:34 AM
Fucking hell boyz. Jack kills a man by biting his neck in just the first episode. FACK.

Curly Toe
January 8th, 2007, 4:20 AM
Anyone got a torrent link for 3 and 4?

Can't find them anywhere.

Aussie_Outlaw
January 8th, 2007, 4:27 AM
Pretty much every torrent site carries it. Mininova, torrentspy and the rest.

maxx powerz
January 8th, 2007, 3:01 PM
My gf started watching last year, before we got together. So we've been going through the first four seasons since we started going out. Almost finished four, six eps to go by Sunday. I thought she was going to throw something at the TV when Logan showed up after the stealth attack. Was quite hilarious.

Hlebsfall
January 8th, 2007, 3:14 PM
Watching the first one of the new series. Bus blown up within the first two minutes. This program is amazing.

Hlebsfall
January 8th, 2007, 3:15 PM
Stephen Merchant is in it after about seven minutes. Takes a piece of paper off the new latina hottie thats in it.

Just Joe
January 8th, 2007, 3:41 PM
A bus blowing up will be like Jack having a cheeky fart after you've seen all four episodes Hleb. I noticed Merchant too. Apperantly Gervais filmed a similar scence but he is too recognisable in the States so they took it out.

Ian Taylor
January 8th, 2007, 3:46 PM
I've been downloading series 1-5 for the last few days, and seres 3 has finished before the rest. Is it crucial to watch them in order from 1-5, or will I enjoy it just as much if I don't watch it all in order?

Not going to bother going out tonight, so might sit in and watch that. :dunno:

Just Joe
January 8th, 2007, 3:47 PM
Watch them in order. You will enjoy it far more. :yes:

maxx powerz
January 8th, 2007, 4:48 PM
After Season 3, they sort of his the reset button and start over. So its a bad one to watch by itself, sort of like watching Return of the Jedi, and then deciding to watch the other two later.

Curly Toe
January 9th, 2007, 8:49 PM
Finally at a respectable price:

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=879785&P36=4SHLSC

da_man
January 14th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Got 2 hours of season 2 left to watch. Its a bit tense. Loving this as much as the first.

Question - does Kim ever do anything apart from get lost/kidnapped/other various situation that involves her being held somewhere? No spoilers, a yes or no will suffice.

I couldn't believe it when Jack whacked Tony! They've patched things up but its like seeing your best friends argue. Made me sad :(

Prescott, Chappelle, that NSA chief bloke - WHAT A BUNCH OF WANKERS! :rant:

The Masked Jobber
January 14th, 2007, 10:13 AM
I put off watchting this ever since it started because I missed the first season.

However! After reading through this thread, and already being told by everyone its great, I gave my mum 80 quid and told her to go and buy me Season 1.

da_man
January 14th, 2007, 10:15 AM
All the box sets are £18 on play as of tomorrow. Its my birthday tomorrow so I'm holding off buying any on the basis that SEASON 3 may be in my possession.

The Masked Jobber
January 14th, 2007, 10:16 AM
I might just buy the whole lot in one swift move.

I have a problem of not being able to stop watching things though, so i'm likely going to get fired if I do.

Rali
January 14th, 2007, 3:13 PM
Stephen Merchant is in it after about seven minutes. Takes a piece of paper off the new latina hottie thats in it.

I fucking love this girl. She seems to be of Arab heritage though, or she just speaks Arabic :dunno:

OMFG I just finished watching Episode 4 :hyper:

So is Curtis dead or not? I liked the big black bloke :( Also, it looks like Buchanan is going to go apeshit crazy later on in the Season. Would love to see him just snapping at Chloe & Morris again.

Ian Taylor
January 20th, 2007, 1:35 AM
I've been downloading series 1-5 for the last few days, and seres 3 has finished before the rest. Is it crucial to watch them in order from 1-5, or will I enjoy it just as much if I don't watch it all in order?

Not going to bother going out tonight, so might sit in and watch that. :dunno:

So. seasons 2,3,4 and 5 all downloaded, but 1 is taking the piss.

Found a site that streams it, so I've finally managed to get round to starting to watch the show. I'm glad I didn't jump straight into 3, and that I'm starting with Season 1.

I can't believe I never got into this before now.

Just got to 5pm of day one, and I desperately want to go to sleep, but the sodding thing is too addictive. Since episode 10 I've been saying "just one more and I'll go to sleep". I'm now about to watch episode 18. :$

Not back at work til next Saturday, and I'm laid up at the moment with a fever/heavy cold, so I think I'll be making my way through as many seasons as possible over the next week.

Aussie_Outlaw
January 20th, 2007, 1:37 AM
Question - does Kim ever do anything apart from get lost/kidnapped/other various situation that involves her being held somewhere? No spoilers, a yes or no will suffice.

No, never. Some would like to think she does more, but in reality she's a nothing character.

rednaz
January 20th, 2007, 1:40 AM
So. seasons 2,3,4 and 5 all downloaded, but 1 is taking the piss.

Found a site that streams it, so I've finally managed to get round to starting to watch the show. I'm glad I didn't jump straight into 3, and that I'm starting with Season 1.

I can't believe I never got into this before now.

Just got to 5pm of day one, and I desperately want to go to sleep, but the sodding thing is too addictive. Since episode 10 I've been saying "just one more and I'll go to sleep". I'm now about to watch episode 18. :$

Not back at work til next Saturday, and I'm laid up at the moment with a fever/heavy cold, so I think I'll be making my way through as many seasons as possible over the next week.

What site streams it?

I am in the middle of downloading season one, but it is taking forever.

Ian Taylor
January 20th, 2007, 1:46 AM
http://tv.peekvid.com/s3048/

Aussie_Outlaw
January 20th, 2007, 2:11 AM
May also want to check out http://www.alluc.org :yes:

da_man
January 20th, 2007, 6:05 AM
No, never. Some would like to think she does more, but in reality she's a nothing character.

Season 3 came today and I've just watched episode 1. At least it looks like she's got a slightly different role this time through some good old nepotism.

First impressions - I don't like that Chase kid. I hope Jack ends up kicking his teeth in.

Jack's been smacked up to his tits too! :shocked:

Alf
January 20th, 2007, 6:12 AM
I wish I could watch 24 for the first time...

Aussie_Outlaw
January 20th, 2007, 9:15 AM
Season 3 came today and I've just watched episode 1. At least it looks like she's got a slightly different role this time through some good old nepotism.

First impressions - I don't like that Chase kid. I hope Jack ends up kicking his teeth in.

Jack's been smacked up to his tits too! :shocked:

She's the most unconvincing IT expert EVAAA!

da_man
January 24th, 2007, 6:33 AM
10 hours into Season 3.

FUCKING NINA'S BACK :lol: Jack's gotta just put a bullet in her head soon.

Tony is a fucking warrior and Chloe is a mentalist

Winkle van Tinkle
January 24th, 2007, 6:36 AM
Im 12 hours into season 2 :happysad:

da_man
January 24th, 2007, 5:22 PM
The Season 2 DVDs are so gay. It gives you a spoiler before you watch the episode!

For example:

Previously they were transporting Nina in a chopper. Pic before the episode shows Jack on his knees and Nina with a gun to his head.

CHEERS FOR THAT! :rant:

And later on, Lynn has been locked in that room but you see before the next episode her sprawled out at the bottom of the stairs. :banghead:

I resorted to covering up the half of the screen where the pic appeared with one hand and pressing the remote with the other.

Thankfully on 3, the accompanying pic for the episode is pretty non-descript.

Right lads, I've done some good work tonight for college. Very productive. So I'm going to reward myself with 2 episodes of 24 me thinks...or 3...or 4! :hyper:

Alf
January 24th, 2007, 5:24 PM
I lend my dad my 24 dvds and he ended up watching them till 6 n the morning every day, having two hours kip and heading into work... fucking maverick.

It's tv crack I tells ya.

Just Joe
January 24th, 2007, 5:45 PM
I might watch them all again. Off next week, think I will have a 24 binge.

G
January 24th, 2007, 6:13 PM
http://tv.peekvid.com/s3048/

Ah ha sweet you just provided my work entertainment from now on.

Miotch
January 24th, 2007, 6:19 PM
Is that the whole episode? It's listed as 1 of 3, and there's no 2 or 3 of three.

da_man
January 25th, 2007, 3:45 AM
I lend my dad my 24 dvds and he ended up watching them till 6 n the morning every day, having two hours kip and heading into work... fucking maverick.

It's tv crack I tells ya.

I ended up watching four. :happysad:

Jack just popped Nina. I was hoping Kim would do it, making herself useful for once but alas not.

Rali
January 25th, 2007, 7:23 AM
The Season 2 DVDs are so gay. It gives you a spoiler before you watch the episode!

Oh I know how you feel. I had no idea Nina was going to return in Season 3, but LO AND BEHOLD, her fucking HEAD is one of the discs that contain the episode where she returns. FUCK OFF.

Beefy
January 25th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Yeah, I wish they wouldn't do things like that.

When a mate of mine was watching them all for the first time the cliff-hanger of the second season was somewhat ruined when he looked over at the season three box to see David Palmer's face on it.

da_man
January 26th, 2007, 6:43 AM
8 hours left of 3. Cracking series so far BUT...

I can't believe Michelle's gonna snuff it.

:cry:

Poor Tony - shot in the fooking neck and his missus set to pop her clogs; now that's a bad day at the office! :(

Rali
January 26th, 2007, 8:09 AM
I feel so much like telling you what happens. But I know how pissed I'd be if someone did that to me. Enjoy.

Aussie_Outlaw
January 26th, 2007, 8:12 AM
Still can't believe that big sex scene twist at the end of Season 3 with Kim... ffs bit of something there....

Later spoiler
Ah I just want him to force him to watch the entire season in 1 sitting. And he won't read this cos it's in spoiler tags.

Beefy
January 26th, 2007, 8:12 AM
I feel so much like telling you what happens. But I know how pissed I'd be if someone did that to me. Enjoy.

This is exactly why Paul really shouldn't be posting about the show until he's seen it all. Someone is bound to ruin something for him.

Rali
January 26th, 2007, 8:14 AM
Yeah I don't understand all the love for Tony, especially after he did that to Jack.

Aussie_Outlaw
January 26th, 2007, 8:15 AM
I still don't understand why Jack did that frontal nude scene in Season 4. I'm sure computer effects were used as well.

Aussie_Outlaw
January 26th, 2007, 8:18 AM
Also I find Season 3 the worst Season out of the lot. Season 4 has this action type feel so it gets away with their suspense of realism. It's just rocking fun.

da_man
January 26th, 2007, 9:27 AM
Yeah I don't understand all the love for Tony, especially after he did that to Jack.

Tony would never double-cross Jack! :irked:

I've got to go to walk but I'm praying that big Dave gives the green light for Chappelle to get taken out! I hate him. Fucking jobsworth.

I also hated Mason though and he won me round with his crazy plane crashing antics.

No more posting from me til I've finished this series. 7 hours to go.

Chris Scott
January 26th, 2007, 9:56 AM
I'm only up to Season 2, Episode 4. Hard to find the time to watch them :(

Murphy
January 26th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Just bought season 1 and 2 on Play.

Only seen the odd episode before.

Beefy
January 26th, 2007, 10:37 AM
Also I find Season 3 the worst Season out of the lot. Season 4 has this action type feel so it gets away with their suspense of realism. It's just rocking fun.

I don't know how anyone can be so wrong. Season Three is clearly the best one and Season Four is rubbish.

Aussie_Outlaw
January 26th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Season 3 is ruined by Chase & Kim & it's just poxy.

Season 4 is like an action film, just crazy but fun. Don't take it too seriously and it's great. It's so simple.

Beefy
January 26th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Its also so shit.

Aussie_Outlaw
January 26th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Why is it shit Beefy?

I hate 3 for it's awful plot, bad pacing and terrible acting by Kim & Chase and it's just sits badly as half of it is so contrived while trying to take itself so seriously.

4 seems to me more fun. It's contrived but it doesn't take itself as seriously.

Moz
January 26th, 2007, 11:21 AM
In real life George Mason married Nina Myers

maxx powerz
January 26th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Long rant:

Season 3 is majorly underated. First off, it has the best cast. Awesome vets like Jack, Tony, Michelle, David Palmer, Sherry, and Nina combine with newcomers like Chloe, Wayne Palmer and Chase (know he gets a mixed reaction, but I liked him.) Season 3 is one of only two seasons where the bad guys are given a bit of depth to their character. Season 1 has the Drazens, and Season 3 has both the Salazars and Saunders. Both groups of bad guys are more in depth than "Death to the infidels". Their motives and rationale are actually explored, other than something generic like oil money. In addition, this is one of the better seasons in far as plot pacing goes, the exact opposite of bad pacing. Most seasons, they shoot their load on a story too soon, then scramble to come up with something. In both season 2 and 5 (regarded as better seasons) there were significant story arcs over many episodes that revolved around recordings that didn't end up meaning a damn thing. Both times, it was just filler to make up for shooting their wad too soon. Everything that happened in Season 3 had to happen, it was a logical progression of the story. Plus, in Season 3, you can see them go from point A to B to C, and when you get to point C, there's nothing that happened in point A that doesn't make any sense. I'm watching Season 5 on DVD now, and its pissing me off how they're having Logan play his idiot role, knowing that they'll decide to turn him "bad" halfway through the season. Its a linear storyline, where the pices fit together as you go. Season 1 and 3 are the only times they do a good job of that. Plus, the scene with Jack killing Chappelle is still one of the most powerful moments the show has ever produced, and sums up the shows "do the ends justify the means" vibe perfectly. And Kim is a million times more tolerable here than in Season 2.

As for Season 4, it was ok watching it when it aired, when you have a week between hours. But when you watch them back to back, and realize this stuff is supposed to be happening during the same day, its drops your IQ. On top of that, the "political" part of the story thats so important to the show was dropped completely for 2/3 of the season cause Kheeler was so boring.

I've got the seasons ranked 1>3>2>5>4, so I know this was a long rant, but I feel as if it was necessary.

Beefy
January 26th, 2007, 1:33 PM
Ummm yeah, what maxx said.

The endless comebacks of characters in season four annoys me too. Its lazy writing.

Simon
January 26th, 2007, 1:35 PM
Tony returning with the garage door opening was fucking AMAZING though.

eldanielfire
January 26th, 2007, 1:38 PM

Indeed. That was the best moment in 24 for me. "The one man I can trust"

maxx powerz
January 26th, 2007, 3:07 PM

Quoted for truth. That, most of the epic Paul Reines story arc, and the Chinese embassy stuff are as good as anything the show has ever done. Hell, with the introduction of Logan, the last eight episodes of the season are pretty damn good. I will concede to Season 4 having many class moments. But that's in part due to the change in writing to style. Starting in Season 4, the show changed style and started throwing as many characters, terrorist threats, and plot twists as possible into the story, just for the reaction. Leads to some great moments, but has serious flaws as well.

Just Joe
January 26th, 2007, 3:40 PM
I liked it when Jack shaved off his beard at the start of Season 2. He was a bum but his country needed him and he was transformed into JACK FUCKING BAUER.

Beefy
January 26th, 2007, 4:02 PM
Indeed. That was the best moment in 24 for me. "The one man I can trust"

Yeah that was quality. Michelle's & David Palmer's returns were crap though.

There were some bits of Season Four that I liked - mostly the early stuff with Heller's kidnapping and Jack having to hold up the petrol station, that was quality. It went downhill so quickly after that though. The huge firefight with a private army in the middle of a fucking city is by far the low-point of the entire show in my opinion. It just threw all believability out the window, and I'm someone who finds it very easy to suspend my disbelief.

Marwan was a massive gay too. He's no Stephen Saunders.

I hope Paul doesn't read any of this or else thats the whole of Season Four ruined for him.

Simon
January 26th, 2007, 4:03 PM
I still think one of the best bits ever is near the start of the first season, Jack's little trick to get the PERP out of the jail. Fighting him but putting the phone number in his hand.

da_man
January 27th, 2007, 6:18 AM
LA-LA-LA-LA-LA I'm not listening.

Just finished season 3 and ordered season 4 :D

Thoughts:

It would have been immense had it not been for a quiet few hours where things began to drag a bit. i.e. just after Nina cops it and Saunders escapes from the radiator until Tony has to do the trade. The thing about the library and his daughter was a bit shit.

Great though overall.

I marked out when Michelle got the all-clear :ashamed: Can't believe they're
gonna lock up Tony though! :irked: BASTARDS! :rant:

I think Chase and Kim should go get married and buy a house in Sydney. She can talk to Jack over the phone if need be.

Beefy
January 27th, 2007, 6:22 AM
The hour in the library wasn't great but the stuff straight after that with Jack and Saunders' daughter is classic Bauer. Him threatening to have her thrown into the hotel is one of my favourite moments in 24 history.

da_man
January 27th, 2007, 6:28 AM
Yeh, loved that actually. I thought he was gonna do it too because she was a dispensible character - would've been a great moment and then Jack could've just sat down and shot up, the big mentalist.

Kris
January 27th, 2007, 8:31 AM
Fuck, so that's who Graham is...

da_man
January 31st, 2007, 10:20 AM
FFS, its been a whole 4 days. How long does it take to deliver a DVD?!?!

:panic: :panic: :panic:

da_man
February 1st, 2007, 10:14 AM
ARRIVED!

But....

who the fuck are this lot!

Oi you, get the hell out of Tony's office, bitch! :irked:

Simon
February 1st, 2007, 10:15 AM
What series are you on about, Paul?

Hlebsfall
February 1st, 2007, 10:48 AM
LA-LA-LA-LA-LA I'm not listening.

Just finished season 3 and ordered season 4 :D

Thoughts:

It would have been immense had it not been for a quiet few hours where things began to drag a bit. i.e. just after Nina cops it and Saunders escapes from the radiator until Tony has to do the trade. The thing about the library and his daughter was a bit shit.

Great though overall.

I marked out when Michelle got the all-clear :ashamed: Can't believe they're
gonna lock up Tony though! :irked: BASTARDS! :rant:

I think Chase and Kim should go get married and buy a house in Sydney. She can talk to Jack over the phone if need be.

What series are you on about, Paul?

Rali
February 1st, 2007, 2:10 PM
He's talking about Driscoll and that from S4. I love when Jack skitzes it at the end of ep1.

N.E.R.F.
February 1st, 2007, 4:29 PM
Nadia from series 6 is stunning.

Rali
February 1st, 2007, 4:39 PM
:heart: She's easily the best looking CTU worker they've had. Only Kim would come close.

Alf
February 1st, 2007, 4:40 PM
She is like a sculpture of a beautiful painting. I'd love to have a look at her Shawama.

Miotch
February 1st, 2007, 4:42 PM
I'd probably throw it up Nina Meyers so hard one of her ovaries would get lodged in her lungs.

That said, Nadia's pretty stunning, and Michelle aint half bad either.

Rali
February 1st, 2007, 4:53 PM
Michelle had good and bad days I reckon. She looked her best when she back to CTU in Day 4, but in Day 2 she seemed kinda frumpy.

I'd love to ravage Mandy's insides, and snap the little twig in half afterwards.

EDIT ~ That sounded a lot more violent than I meant it to..

Just Joe
February 1st, 2007, 5:06 PM
There is something about Chloe. I would marry her and let her boss me about if I'm honest. :ashamed:

N.E.R.F.
February 1st, 2007, 5:10 PM
McCarthy's wife in the latest episode of series 6 isn't half bad either.

Rali
February 1st, 2007, 5:14 PM
There is something about Chloe. I would marry her and let her boss me about if I'm honest. :ashamed:

She's looked her best this season. I caught a bit of her on Leno last night too. Looked quality. Bill Cosby was checking her out the whole time.

But yeah I'd marry her. Just so I can give her shit about what a bitch she was to Edgar.

Hlebsfall
February 1st, 2007, 5:15 PM
I am liking the new piece they've got in it.

http://www.eamgmt.com/eam_images_medium/makeup/Elaine%20Offers/eo1_marisol%20nichols%203_th.jpg

All about Mandy though. She was boomting.

http://www.celebritymovieblog.com/celebrities/mia-kirshner.jpg

Rali
February 1st, 2007, 5:17 PM
Mandy in "The L Word" :drool:

N.E.R.F.
February 1st, 2007, 5:18 PM
I hope Nadia gets herself into some bother. Maybe involving having to grease herself up to escape through the air vents of CTU...

Alf
February 1st, 2007, 5:20 PM
Mandy is the fittest of all time.

Beautiful eyes.

Plus she gets well cocked in Ep1 of season 1. I've had a wank to that scene.

Rali
February 1st, 2007, 5:22 PM
Her lesbian scenes in the L word are so much better though mate. Every episode gave me the horn.

Alf
February 1st, 2007, 5:22 PM
You need to link me...

N.E.R.F.
February 1st, 2007, 5:25 PM
There's four series of "The L Word" on www.alluc.org but no way of knowing which ones have Mandy munching carpet :(

Hlebsfall
February 1st, 2007, 5:27 PM
Have a look at google image search for Mia Kirshner. She's a right filthy piece of cludge. love it.

Beefy
February 1st, 2007, 5:35 PM
There's four series of "The L Word" on www.alluc.org but no way of knowing which ones have Mandy munching carpet :(

Pretty much every one.

Ian Taylor
February 1st, 2007, 5:38 PM
Haven't read any of the above posts for fear of being spoiled.

Anyway, just made t to the end of Season 4.

FUCKING HELL.

The last few episodes were incredible.

It was a bit shit knowing that Jack survives, seeing as there's a season 5 and 6, as I really would have thought he was dead for a moment, and even when he does come round, the ending just seems so... final. But then I know there's more to come, so it doesn't have the same effect it would have done at the time.

The whole thing with Tony being presumed dead then actually being alive was immense, and I shed a man-tear or two when he came back and saw Michelle.

Shed another man-tear when Jack got dumped by his missus, as well. :$

Season 4 is probably my favourite so far, even with the lack of Cuthbert. Though, the slutty assassin bird makes up for her somewhat. :yum:

Also, FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

Season 5 or 6 spoiler, fuck knows which...

Edgar dies??? :(

Just searching on Google, and it had headlines saying "Edgar bites the dust" and "Edgar's death hits a nerve with 24 fans".

Fuck's sake, Google. SPOILER TAGS, LADS!!! :mad:

Anyway, I now begin Season 5, after watching the first 4 in 11 days. (And that includea a few days where I haven't watched any episodes at all :dork: )

:wired:

Alf
February 1st, 2007, 5:41 PM
Fucking hell Simba.

Have you got a webcam? I want a camera on you for the first few eps of Season 5.

Hlebsfall
February 1st, 2007, 5:44 PM
I thought 4 was pretty shit, save for the greatest ever comeback since Jesus left his cave.

Ian Taylor
February 1st, 2007, 5:44 PM
I'll report back here in about 6 episodes time and give you a response to that.

I hope I'm not going to shed another tear. I used all my Kleenex up already over the numerous scenes where Cuthbert was bound and gagged. :(

BRB

N.E.R.F.
February 1st, 2007, 5:47 PM
Audrey annoyed me throughout series 4, for the same reason that most people (wrongly) hate the Ali Larter scenes from Heroes because they think she's ugly. Audrey's just not good enough for Jack. Or even for Ryan Chappelle for that matter.

Hlebsfall
February 1st, 2007, 5:50 PM
It was that fucking Iraqi woman I hated most about that series, she couldn't act for shit. And Marwan was a shit villain as well. Pussy.

Alf
February 1st, 2007, 5:51 PM
Maoam was a CUNT

BEHROOOZ I AM YO MUDDA AND I EAT DE CAMEL POO POO BEHROOOOOZZZZZZZZ AVE A SNIFF OF MY TURKISH DELIGHT!!!!!

BEHROOOOOOOOOOOOOZZ

Fucking whore.

Ian Taylor
February 1st, 2007, 6:07 PM
5 minutes into Season 5.

:cry:!!!!!!!!!!

Damn you, Alfredo.

Alf
February 1st, 2007, 6:15 PM
WEBCAM!

Just Joe
February 1st, 2007, 6:17 PM
That's when Dave dies isn't it?

Alf
February 1st, 2007, 6:18 PM
Yes, :(

Ian Taylor
February 1st, 2007, 6:20 PM
Michelle! :cry::cry::cry:!!!

And I don't even know if Big Tone's gone yet, either...

I'm going to stop coming in here and posting now. It's quite sad.

Alf, if I had a webcam, you'd be loving it. I just spilt coffee all over myself when the car blew up.

Cunt!

Just Joe
February 1st, 2007, 6:20 PM
Worse is to come. Oh God, poor Andy. He will hate that bloody Robocop.

Alf
February 1st, 2007, 6:23 PM
Michelle! :cry::cry::cry:!!!

And I don't even know if Big Tone's gone yet, either...

I'm going to stop coming in here and posting now. It's quite sad.

Alf, if I had a webcam, you'd be loving it. I just spilt coffee all over myself when the car blew up.

Cunt!

When I watched it, both of my arms shot up in the air all on their own and wouldn't come down for five minutes. It was the bizarest act of grieving ever.

da_man
February 3rd, 2007, 9:04 AM
Currently 10 hours into season 4 - I went through 8 hours yesterday. :D

"The only man I can trust!"

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Biggest mark out moment in TV history!

*POW*

*POW*

"JACK?!"

"TONY!"

:hyper:

I shed a little tear for poor Edgar's mam. :cry:

Credit to the little Boulahrouz kid for rooting that Debbie :yes: Punching above his weight there.

Erin needs to fuck off. Let Tony and Jack run things. Bring back Chloe the mentalist and give big Edgar a promotion.

Aussie_Outlaw
February 3rd, 2007, 9:06 AM
Did you already know about Tony?

da_man
February 3rd, 2007, 9:09 AM
Nopey. I knew he was returning sometime in the series because he's on the flipping box but it came out the blue. I've been avoiding reading this thread.

Simon
February 3rd, 2007, 9:14 AM
Greatest comeback ever init! The way the garage doors come up and THERE HE IS.

Aussie_Outlaw
February 3rd, 2007, 9:20 AM
Nopey. I knew he was returning sometime in the series because he's on the flipping box but it came out the blue. I've been avoiding reading this thread.

It's a beautiful moment if you don't know it's coming.

da_man
February 3rd, 2007, 9:28 AM
I'm offski til I've polished off this and the next series. :wave:

See you in about a week then :)

Beefy
February 3rd, 2007, 10:08 AM
I bet he comes back about 15 minutes into Season 5...

Aussie_Outlaw
February 3rd, 2007, 10:26 AM
Top 10 moments in 24 History (no order)
[smashed together by me just then]

1. Nina is revealed as the mole
2. Tony returns in Season 4
3. Everyone dies at the start of season 5.
4. Jack kills Curtis and a nuke goes off.
5. Mason committs suicide and saves LA
6. Jack goes mental, kills 11 guys in 8 minutes and saves Audrey and her dad.
7. Jack cuts off Chase's hand.
8. They all fake Jack's death
9. Gael is evil.... and then he's not.
10. The president is evil

N.E.R.F.
February 3rd, 2007, 10:42 AM
Jack killing Ryan, surely.

Aussie_Outlaw
February 3rd, 2007, 10:54 AM
Oh yeah forgot that moment. Prolly forgot a few more as well and could count the few times CTU is hit by terrorists.

N.E.R.F.
February 3rd, 2007, 11:01 AM
Miguel's karate kick on angry dad

da_man
February 3rd, 2007, 11:57 AM
I bet he comes back about 15 minutes into Season 5...

Sooner than that. :ashamed:

I'm know I'm risking spoilers and suchlike but I can't help it!

Tony's back in charge of CTU! WOOOO!

Michelle just came back. If her and Tony get back together I'll be a blubbering wreck. :fingersx:

All the gang are back. Life is good. :hyper:

Alf
February 3rd, 2007, 12:12 PM
da man, have you got a webcam?

da_man
February 3rd, 2007, 1:07 PM
Ner. ?

Beefy
February 3rd, 2007, 1:46 PM
Can you get one so we can record your reaction to the first episode of season five?

da_man
February 3rd, 2007, 2:33 PM
What the hell happens?! :(

*LA LA LA LA I'M NOT LISTENING*

Alf
February 3rd, 2007, 2:37 PM
Get a webcam :yes:

Ian Taylor
February 3rd, 2007, 3:43 PM
Right, well even though I knew it was coming at some point (thanks to Google spoiling it for me :mad: )....

Edgarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! :(:cry:!!!

Cos of what I'd seen,I had an idea that he was going to snuff it, so it didn't hit me as badly. If I had no idea, I'd have been crying on the webcam for Alf...

da_man
February 3rd, 2007, 3:47 PM
I don't know what you spoilered there but after trying to find out what the difference between CTU LA, district and division was, fucking Google kindly told me about how George Mason goes out of season 2. I was --> :grumpy:

Alf
February 3rd, 2007, 3:56 PM
Simba, I had the same thing spoilered for me when I went to download the torrent. It was right there in the comments bit. CUNTS.

What is the difference between CTU, district and division?

da_man
February 4th, 2007, 12:45 AM
I believer that district is the regional command unit thing over CTU LA and division is a further layer of beauracracy on top. or the other way round,

let jack and tony run the whole damn thing dammit! forget protocol, we need resultzzzzzz!

da_man
February 4th, 2007, 6:27 PM
I know Beefy's not gonna like this but barring a shambolic last 4 hours, season 4 is going to be crowned my favourite series.

PALMER! :hyper:

Alf
February 4th, 2007, 6:30 PM
Have you got season 5 yet?

eldanielfire
February 4th, 2007, 6:40 PM
I know Beefy's not gonna like this but barring a shambolic last 4 hours, season 4 is going to be crowned my favourite series.

Watch Day 5 mate. Watch day 5. Your life will change.

da_man
February 4th, 2007, 6:44 PM
I've got a presentation for uni on Thursday that I've done zilch on this weekend because I've devoured 20 hours of 24 :\

I need to polish this season off tonight so I can get on with work tomorrow. I'll leave season 5 ordering til later in the week.

Alf
February 4th, 2007, 6:46 PM
THERE ISN'T ENOUGH TIME! YOU NEED DAY 5 NOOOOWWW!

I've got the CTU phone ring as my text alert.

da_man
February 4th, 2007, 6:52 PM
Woop!

I've got it as my actual ring. I've not yet started answering calls with "TOPPING" though or hanging up after saying "I'll be there in 10 minutes", I want to do that rather than finishing conversations with "ok then, speak to you later. Bye."

Ian Taylor
February 4th, 2007, 9:14 PM
THERE ISN'T ENOUGH TIME! YOU NEED DAY 5 NOOOOWWW!

I've got the CTU phone ring as my text alert.

It gives him time to invest in a webcam.

Seriously, Topping, please find a way to record yourself for the first 15-20 minutes of Series 6. PLEASE.

And if you haven't seen Series 5 yet...

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! :cry::cry::cry:

In all honesty, I knew he was going at some point cos in one of this threads some cunt posted saying "I miss Tony". So I figured that meant he'd leave at the end of Season 4. Then when he popped up in Season 5, I realised it meant he'd probably be killed off.

Still though, I'm gutted. :(

As for the CTU phone, it annoyed me at first because when I worked for Talk Talk we used the same phones with the same ring, and it reminded me of one of the lowest points of my life - working in a call centre. :no:

However, following my ridiculous watching of 24 lately, that's now changed.

And if you want to send that ringtone to me Alfredo, you're more than welcome to :D

N.E.R.F.
February 4th, 2007, 11:35 PM
The CTU tone is my text tone. I get a text (admittedly once a week) and everyones like OMG WHERE DID YOU GET THAT AMAZING TEXT TONE) and I'm like :cool:

Ian Taylor
February 5th, 2007, 12:29 AM
I just found a website with a mp3 of it. It'll be on my phone in the morning when I can be arsed to plug my data cable in. :D

RRG
February 5th, 2007, 12:31 AM
THIS IS HIS 6TH DAY? IS HE NOTG FUCKING TIRED BGY NOW> ?

Aussie_Outlaw
February 5th, 2007, 12:33 AM

Season 4 gets too much hate from people in these forums. Simon and I are basically the only people who praise it as a great season of fun action. It's the only thing we agree on pretty much. And the fact Cuthbert in it helps it tremendously. She sucks.

N.E.R.F.
February 5th, 2007, 6:24 AM
The thing that gets me the most is (except for season 1) the 'day' in question starts halfway through the day :irked: One of the main subtexts to the first series was the fact that none of the main characters had had any sleep beforehand and now it just begins whenever Jack wakes up, basically :mad:!

da_man
February 5th, 2007, 6:31 AM
Season 4 done. Tremendous stuff!

Logan is a shithead.

Off to order day 5 now :)

N.E.R.F.
February 5th, 2007, 6:35 AM
I was just in the shop buying a loaf of bread and a bottle of Ribena and on the counter there was this selection of watches by Nina Myers. This intrigued me, then I figured I needed to get out more.

da_man
February 5th, 2007, 7:08 AM
About 2 weeks ago I thought I saw Nina Myers in the street. I was scared shitless for a brief moment.

:scared:

I pointed her out but my mate said it was a shit lookalike. I disagreed. Spitting image it was.

N.E.R.F.
February 5th, 2007, 7:10 AM
I think you need to get out more too mate.

da_man
February 5th, 2007, 9:17 AM
For fuck's sake. I made a slight error of judgement and watched a trailer for Season 5 as I was ordering it on play.com

I just saw Palmer getting assassinated. :irked:

Alf
February 5th, 2007, 9:32 AM
Oh for fuck sake!

That why I wanted to webcam you... so I could capture your reaction. Thanks Play.com you cunts!

Beefy
February 5th, 2007, 10:41 AM
Fucks sake Paul.

Fucks sake.

maxx powerz
February 5th, 2007, 3:02 PM
Top 10 moments in 24 History (no order)
[smashed together by me just then]

1. Nina is revealed as the mole
2. Tony returns in Season 4
3. Everyone dies at the start of season 5.
4. Jack kills Curtis and a nuke goes off.
5. Mason committs suicide and saves LA
6. Jack goes mental, kills 11 guys in 8 minutes and saves Audrey and her dad.
7. Jack cuts off Chase's hand.
8. They all fake Jack's death
9. Gael is evil.... and then he's not.
10. The president is evil

I'm shamelessly stealing this idea cause some of my favorites are missing. One season six spoiler included.

1. Jack finds Teri dead (1)
2. Jack kills Chappelle (3)
3. Tony comes back to save Jack (4)
4. Jack and Kim's phone call when Jack tells her he's flying the plane with the nuke (2)
5. Jack chooses the Chinese guy over Paul in surgery (4)
6. Edgar is killed by the nerve gas (5)
7. Nina turns heel (1)
8. Jack has to shoot and kill Curtis (6)
9. Mason shows up in the plane to save Jack (2)
10. Jack chops off Chase's hand (3)

What a tough list to make. Could make a list of twenty or twenty five immense moments, easily. Part of what makes the show so great.

da_man
February 7th, 2007, 8:04 PM
Season 5 might come in the post tomorrow :hyper:

Rali
February 8th, 2007, 8:47 PM
Just got done watching episode 7 of Day 6. I loved the moment where Cromwell just stares at Jack, while Jack's got a gun pointed at Graem. Intense! :hyper:

I really, really can't wait to see this Lennox knob get pissed on by someone. I was waiting for the same thing last season with Myles (who reminded me a lot of the vice principal in Boston Public) but he just ended up going to the White House.

Marlon Dingle
February 8th, 2007, 8:57 PM
I got a shot of season 1 just the other day and am really enjoying it, but i watched the start of season 2 when it was on TV so i kinda know how its all gonna end really, i just hope it doesn't spoil my enjoyment of the show.

Curly Toe
February 8th, 2007, 9:05 PM
I got a shot of season 1 just the other day and am really enjoying it, but i watched the start of season 2 when it was on TV so i kinda know how its all gonna end really, i just hope it doesn't spoil my enjoyment of the show.

I knew it.

Swap for season 2 on Monday?

I really want to watch season 1 now ya dick.;)

da_man
February 9th, 2007, 11:03 PM
they couldnt post my season 5 thru the letter box and my neighbour oap wasnt in to take it in so I have to go collect it. gutid

Aussie_Outlaw
February 9th, 2007, 11:39 PM
I had to do that to collect a router.

Fuckers tried to make me got 40km to go and get it. Fuck off. I got them to deliver it the next day and just leave it on the doorstep.

da_man
February 10th, 2007, 8:46 AM
40Km? I'd pass through 5 towns and 6 sorting offices in that distance. Don't live with the abos in the middle of the bush then.

Been to collect. Going on now! :hyper:

Ian Taylor
February 10th, 2007, 9:02 AM
Thanks to some WANKER on a Jack Bauer MySpace page, I now know that

Jack kills Curtis.

FUCK'S SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE. :mad::mad::mad:

da_man
February 10th, 2007, 9:13 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU FUCKING FUCKS! WHY DO YOU TAKE AWAY THE PEOPLE THAT I LOVE?!

RUN CHLOE!

N.E.R.F.
February 10th, 2007, 9:14 AM
ahaha

Aussie_Outlaw
February 10th, 2007, 9:17 AM
40Km? I'd pass through 5 towns and 6 sorting offices in that distance. Don't live with the abos in the middle of the bush then.

Been to collect. Going on now! :hyper:

I was in the middle of the city Paul, for some reason it was sent through a couriering firm rather than the normal postal one. Stupid companies.

Aussie_Outlaw
February 10th, 2007, 9:18 AM
Brilliant, we now know where Paul is at.

Simon
February 10th, 2007, 9:33 AM
I'm gonna start watching season 5 tonight, I think. Is the quality on Peekvid etc any good for 24?

Aussie_Outlaw
February 10th, 2007, 9:34 AM
Peekvid is down atm last time I checked, and it was pulled from alluc. Both 24 and Prison break were pulled from those lists mid last week.

Simon
February 10th, 2007, 9:34 AM
Fuckeries, might have to download it then. Better quality I guess.

Rali
February 10th, 2007, 10:34 AM
I can't believe I have to wait till Wednesday morning to watch the next bloody episode :mad:

Why can't they just release them all like... now?

da_man
February 10th, 2007, 10:39 AM
18K, get well soon Tony.

Is Tony ruled out for the whole day now? Gutted if he is. I want a season 3-esque recovery. Shot, surgery and back at work within 2 hours.

Rali
February 10th, 2007, 10:44 AM
:cheers: on the 18k.

Would you like that question answered, or would you like to remain in the dark?

da_man
February 10th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Don't answer actually. :)

Beefy
February 10th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Thanks to some WANKER on a Jack Bauer MySpace page, I now know that

Jack kills Curtis.

FUCK'S SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE. :mad::mad::mad:

Curtis is a wanker though.

da_man
February 10th, 2007, 1:20 PM
WTF! Someone get that fucking hobbit out of there. As if Jack's gonna take orders off some fat kid! Good luck pal :lol:

Rali
February 10th, 2007, 2:16 PM
Ahahah I liked Lynn. Kinda felt sorry for him the whole way through and even more so at the end.

da_man
February 11th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Fuck a duck, hour 6 in season 5 is the best 24 episode ever!

I've always liked Aaron since he helped Palmer in season 2/3 (?) but he went up again in my estimations.

Jack beating up Cummings in front of the President has to be one of the greatest 24 moments ever! I was marking out like a bellend.

Up there with Tony's return and Tony turning up at the safe house to save Kim and Terri in season 1

Aussie_Outlaw
February 12th, 2007, 2:45 AM
Two hours of 24 tonight, not just one :panic:

Rali
February 12th, 2007, 6:49 AM
Serious? Brilliant!

Post a torrent link as soon as you get one will you Dave? Actually, PM it to me as I don't like coming in this thread. Thanks luv.

da_man
February 12th, 2007, 6:57 AM
Firstly, season 5 thought:

Edgar's just gone :(

I'm not upset like I usually am when they kill off someone ace, I'm just hacked off that they keep doing it now. :grumpy:

And secondly, I think I've got problems. :\ After this series I think I need a break from 24, I've been watching unhealthy amounts of it for 2 months now.

On Saturday I had a dream. I was at work at my chemist and I can't remember why but I burst into the consultation room, grabbed some guy out of his chair and gripped him up against the wall. With my arm across his throat, I started shouting stuff at him because I assume I wanted him to tell me something that he wasn't.

And last night, I dreamt that someone was coming after me. I hid my family in the attic then got my BB gun and loaded it up. Went to wait in my big wardrobe and heard this guy pick the lock to my house and come in. He came upstairs and into my room looking for me. As he walked past me I opened up my wardrobe and shot him in the back of the head from point blank range.

So yeh...:scared:

Rali
February 12th, 2007, 2:06 PM
You should've shot him in the kneecap so you could have questioned him mate.

da_man
February 12th, 2007, 2:35 PM
I know, it was a poor tactic. I should've grabbed him and demanded to know who sent him.

Alf
February 12th, 2007, 2:51 PM
You fucked up. He probably knew where the bombs are.

da_man
February 12th, 2007, 3:02 PM
Season 5:

Tony just died :nono:

He deserved to go out in a blaze of glory, not getting prodded with a needle.

Although I've heard of conspiracy theories that say he's still alive.

Rali
February 12th, 2007, 5:06 PM
It's bollocks. He's dead. :nono:

Beefy
February 12th, 2007, 5:28 PM
Nah.

Thats just what they want you to think.

da_man
February 13th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Morris O'Brien. What a leg-end. :lol:

One more episode to go. I already know that them sneaky fucking gooks get Jack or something but I hope he manages to give Logan a bit of a pasting beforehand.

da_man
February 13th, 2007, 8:08 PM
Done and dusted. I've watched 5 seasons since Xmas day.

Now I need to know how many episodes of Day 6 have been shown in the UK. I can't download them because Orange are dickheads with their limits. What are the chances a region 1 DVD will work on my PC? Shows 1-4 are available on yank DVDs. And dodgy cunts on ebay are selling 5-8 for about a fiver. I go to New York in 2 weeks so I might just hold my horses and pick up whatever's available over there.

Chris Scott
February 17th, 2007, 4:57 PM
I believe Day 6 on Sky has shown 7 episodes. I have played some region 1 dvds on my PC but I think there is only so many times to change the region over on you PC.

I'm also a late converter to 24, got seasons 1-5, done watching Day 1 before Xmas. Got 4 more episodes of Day 2 left, I think I'm going to do a 24 tv only and hopefully be up to Day 6 by the end of March.

Alex E
February 17th, 2007, 5:28 PM
I finally got into it over break week, watched the entire first season straight seeing as I was sick and not going anywhere. I loved it, but realize I need to take a break or I'll be fucked for exams soon. I'm more hesitant to watch the rest now, for fear of it all not living up to S1 :(

Chris Scott
February 27th, 2007, 3:53 PM
I'm onto Season 4 now, watched the first disc and I have to say don't like it so far. I loved season 3, the storyline and main plot was superb and I loved the new cast in it, well maybe not Chloe sometimes. Tony Almeida and Michelle Dessler were great. Almeida is the the man though (Sorry Jack)

Thing I can't get used to in Season 4 is the whole new CTU team I hate Driscoll already, I like the old team better, were is Michelle and Adam and more of what happened to Tony please.

Miotch
February 27th, 2007, 3:59 PM
I'm half way through season 4, and it gets better.

Hlebsfall
February 27th, 2007, 4:00 PM
Season four is the worst of the lot. I've just started to watch the first season again. It's strange to see how much of a spaz Bauer is compared to the SUPERJACK!! he is now.

Rali
February 27th, 2007, 4:07 PM
Day 4 isn't that bad. Nice little action packed series, setting the tone for 5 and 6.

I reckon Day 2 is the worst. Too much bullshit with Kim, and they blew their load with the nuke going off halfway through. The second half is mainly just avoiding a military strike on the unnamed countries..

Although, Day 2 did have Kate Warner :heart:

Chris Scott
February 27th, 2007, 4:13 PM
Hope Season 4 does get better, for me so far 1 was the best then 3 and 2.