PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Lights (TV)

Pages : [1] 2

Jordo
October 18th, 2006, 12:10 AM
Personally I'm really enjoying this show, runs Tuesday nights on NBC. Missed the first half of the episode tonight.

It's acted well, and being a high school football players I connect with it.

:SPOILERS FROM TONIGHT'S EPISODE.:

The scene tonight in which the injured quarterback was in the wheel chair and they handed him the ball. Showing the boy awkwardly taking the ball was really tough for me to watch, the actor (not sure on his name) is one of many well cast roles here.

The show is getting rave reviews, but apparently the ratings are low, and it may get cancelled.

Wondering if anyone else is watching this and what you think.

Tim
October 18th, 2006, 1:11 AM
I watch it, I like it also. I hope it doesn't get cancelled because it seems like all my favorite shows do. But I wouldn't be surprised because it seems more fitting for a channel like MTV with a high amount of younger viewers than NBC.

Brian M.
October 18th, 2006, 1:19 AM
I think it's for the best if they stay away from the football scenes and concentrate on what goes on off the field. The footballs scenes are well done and all, but there are only so many Disney movie scenerios you can play out. In the first three weeks we've had a miracle comeback with the backup QB (on a drive that I'm pretty sure went more than 100 yards, which is, you know, impossible), and now they come up a yard short against a huge underdog? Just screams cheesiness. The rest of the show is highly entertaining though, and I really hope it isn't cancelled. "Smash" is a great character, and yeah, the kid who was paralyzed is doing a great job portraying realistic emotions as well.

Tim
October 24th, 2006, 1:11 AM
I think the last episode was the best, I just got around to watching it and it was the best. The characters are really starting to grow on me, the whole scenario with the paralyzed kid and his best friend and girlfriend is really picking up steam.

It'll probably get cancelled seeing how all the new shows I start to like end up getting the boot.

Jordo
October 24th, 2006, 9:52 PM
Really enjoyed it tonight

"I'm pretty sure I told that boy to get our daughter in the back seat"
:lol:

Tim
October 28th, 2006, 11:11 PM
Yeah that was the best line, me and my bro saw that coming like 10 minutes before it happened and it was still funny.

Pretty good episode, but not quite as good as last week's. I'm intrigued by the whole scenario with Street's girlfriend and best friend hooking up, I get pissed everytime they do so I guess the writers are doing a good job.

Tim
November 25th, 2006, 10:46 PM
This show is really becoming my new favorite show since Rescue Me finished up. I literally can't wait until the next episode to see Street confront Riggins about his girlfriend. They've done a good job making all of the characters interesting.

From what I've read, NBC has ordered more scripts of the show with hopes the ratings will pick up now that Dancing with the Stars is done. I've been trying to get everyone to watch it because I'd hate for it to be cancelled seeing how it's a better show than a lot of crap on TV right now. Hopefully the ratings get better.

Brian M.
November 25th, 2006, 10:48 PM
Is the last episode that aired worth watching? I was out that night so I missed it. If I'll be able to catch up without watching it, I'll just let it go. Otherwise, I'll download it.

Jordo
November 25th, 2006, 10:49 PM
I've really enjoyed it too, trying to get the guys on my football team to watch it but it's hit and miss with them.

In the weight room with my team the other day a coach overheard me say clear eyes full hearts can't lose and talked about how much he liked it having no idea where i'd got it from.

Tim
November 25th, 2006, 10:51 PM
Is the last episode that aired worth watching? I was out that night so I missed it. If I'll be able to catch up without watching it, I'll just let it go. Otherwise, I'll download it.

I've enjoyed every episode, so it'd be hard for me to say it's not worth watching. But there wasn't anything major that they won't touch on next week, they started a few new storyline/character changes though. But they were all minor changes that won't really be focused on until next week.

Alf
June 28th, 2007, 8:26 AM
This is easily one of the best shows on TV this year if not for many, many years. It’s just bloody brilliant.

I just spent the last couple of days watching the whole series. I can’t find a fault with any of the characters, I’m invested in every single one of them. The writing is excellent and naturalistic, I understand that the cast improvise a lot and it is to it’s credit. Superbly acted, superbly written, engrossing, encapsulating, brilliant.

I know nothing about American Football but I was genuinely rooting for the Panthers whenever you saw them play (Including shouting “Run Saracen! RUN RUN RUN!!!! WOOOO!!!” during Mud Bowl).

Everyone needs to watch this.

chotliwala
June 28th, 2007, 10:37 AM
Yeah I agree. I read from a bunch of critics that it was an amazing show but I just didn't have time to watch it. Then finals week came up and I obviously didn't feel like studying so I downloaded the whole first season and it seriously is one of the best shows out there.

And it's not all about football. It's more about the relationships and challenges people face. I'm really glad that NBC is bringing the show back for a second season and hopefully more people will watch it.

Brian M.
June 28th, 2007, 8:20 PM
I actually think the show will come off better if you don't really follow American football. The football scenes are easily the worst and most convoluted part of the show. It's OK to have one "miracle" scene at the end of the movie, but every game in this series was extremely close and ended with some kind of fluke with the exception of what, maybe one? That seems unrealistic. State championship teams usually face at least a few cream puffs that they kick the shit out of.

But as has been already said, it's not about the football, it's about the characters, and the characters are fucking fantastic. I do wonder what direction they'll take the show this year and I have no doubt that no matter what they decide to do it'll be brilliant.

cactusmaac
July 2nd, 2007, 10:44 AM
I really like Landry. Top bloke.

Chris Scott
July 7th, 2007, 9:23 AM
Hahaha and I though I was the only Brit who watched it.

Yep this show is quite superb. ITV 4 on Wednesday's is the place to be.

Chris Scott
August 6th, 2007, 1:48 PM
Just watched the episode Mud Bowl, great stuff. 2 episodes to go in the UK but I think I'm going to download them.

I'm not really a big American Football fan, I know the rules and watch some Super Bowl matches and don't mind it. But this is one of the best shows on television right now. All the the characters are well written, well played, the dialog rings true and doesn't resort to the ridiculous witty banter writers favor so much. The characters and the stories are multi-layered and engrossing week after week.

All of the actors turn in excellent performances with special praise going to Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton as one of the most realistic married couples ever on television.

Scott Porter and Kevin Rankin put so much heart into their disabled characters, they keep them from becoming the stereotypes we so often see in TV and the movies.

This is not just another show filled with teen angst, it is a quality hour of television with outstanding characters, writing, directing, and production values. I'm glad I found this :yes:

Foley 3:16
August 7th, 2007, 8:16 PM
I actually think the show will come off better if you don't really follow American football. The football scenes are easily the worst and most convoluted part of the show. It's OK to have one "miracle" scene at the end of the movie, but every game in this series was extremely close and ended with some kind of fluke with the exception of what, maybe one? That seems unrealistic. State championship teams usually face at least a few cream puffs that they kick the shit out of.

But as has been already said, it's not about the football, it's about the characters, and the characters are fucking fantastic. I do wonder what direction they'll take the show this year and I have no doubt that no matter what they decide to do it'll be brilliant.

That pretty much sums up my feelings on the show. I was attracted to it by the football aspect of it but the more you watch it the less you care about the games and the more you care about the characters.

They've done a great job in assembling an excellent young cast who all seem to bring something to their characters and even though the storylines aren't exactly any different from any other Teen Drama, at least in the issues they deal with, they are all dealt with very well from an acting/writing standpoint.

Yes, whilst the actual football scenes are well shot and very dramatic, it has gotten a little ridiculous in how the games have gone down but that can be forgiven due to the rest of the show being so good. It's one of those rare shows where I feel like I need to see the next episode the moment each one concludes.

Will certainly be picking this up on DVD when it comes out.

RFF Champ
April 22nd, 2008, 4:16 PM
I started watching this show about a fortnight ago and I've just finished the first series. I love it, I'm so engrossed in the characters, they are pretty much all fantastic. I tried to resist celebrating when the Panthers won games but when they won state I did punch the air a little :$

I'm interested to see where series 2 goes, I assume there'll be some new coach who is a dick and Coach Taylor will come home to be with his kid. I don't like change, so I hope they make it good. I don't know whether Riggins, Smash and co will leave for college or not, they seemed to discuss it a little in the last series but I didn't get when they'd be off.

chotliwala
April 23rd, 2008, 12:41 PM
Reading your first paragraph reminds me how engrossed I was in the show that first season. I didn't feel that way the second season, but that's more because I actually watched it while it aired and not on my computer.

This is really one of the best shows out there and thankfully it's going to get a 13 episode third season. Quite glad I finally gave in and watched as it is one of my top then favorite shows on the air right now.

Billy Jones
September 30th, 2008, 9:25 PM
Season three begins airing tomorrow night on directv channel 101! I haven't done very much research regarding what's going to happen in the season or even the first episode. Just reminding anyone in case it slipped their mind.

And if you don't have directv, they will air on NBC in January or February 2009.

Chris Scott
October 1st, 2008, 6:18 PM
I still have to watch all of season 2.

THE WHOLE Fn SHOW
October 1st, 2008, 9:09 PM
Nice reminder. Is really a good show.

It gets a little too high school(y) for me sometimes, which should change this season. But I really like some of the characters. The Coach is great, Jason Street's story is great and Tim Riggans is hilarious, best character on the show

RFF Champ
October 2nd, 2008, 3:55 AM
I'm not seeing a torrent :grumpy:

Chris Scott
October 2nd, 2008, 12:23 PM
Alex any idea if season 2 ever came back on TV in the UK?

RFF Champ
October 5th, 2008, 3:55 AM
I've not idea, mate. I've downloaded them since Series 1.

I'll stick my assessment of the first episode of the series in a spoiler, so I don't ruin anything for Chris :yes:

Finally found a torrent for the first episode of the new series. I didn't think it was all that. Riggins' charm didn't come across so strongly, neither did Smash's. I wasn't really bothered that Tammy couldn't find any money for the school. Maybe it will get better with Smash looking to make his comeback and Buddy's opposition to Tammy taking away his money for the big screen.

I do quite like the new quarterback vying for Saracen's spot storyline thought and the Ice Cream truck going to training cracked me up.

It's first episode of the series so I won't be too disheartened yet because they have to build their storylines but I feel they need to pick up their game because it feels as though they missed a beat.

THE WHOLE Fn SHOW
October 9th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Can never find torrents for this. Whats a good place?

RFF Champ
October 10th, 2008, 2:47 AM
I use isohunt because I'm familiar with it. Pirate Bay is probably better though.

Both episode 1 and 2 of the latest series are on isohunt currently.

RFF Champ
January 4th, 2009, 9:02 AM
The acting has gone downhill. One of the things that was so appealing about the first series was that the acting was sensational, they really had some of the finest teen actors and they were all interesting. JD McCoy is a pretty bad actor and isn't believable enough and the other new ones are pretty poor.

On top of that
I don't give a wang that they've made it to state. When they first made it to state it was massive (mudbowl was awesome) but now it's an afterthought and not very dramatice

It's a shame really because the first series was unstoppable.

EDIT: Maybe I've got my rose tinted glasses on when looking back to the first series. Is anyone else still watching? Series finale next week.

Billy Jones
January 4th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Yeah, it's taken somewhat of a different direction from the first season. Season one seemed to be predominantly about the game each week and what was going down on the field, yet it still developed characters and made you care about them. Now, the focus is all on the characters and football has definitely taken a backseat. I mean if you blink, you might not even know they're going to State.

Having said that, I still enjoy the show and look forward to each new episode.

I'm not gonna lie, I got a little teary-eyed when Smash got accepted to college and during the episodes leading to Street going to New York!

And I've enjoyed watching the progressive maturation of Lyla Garrity and Tim Riggins over the course of the series. And I'm looking forward to see how they handle the whole East Dillon/West Dillon split and the graduation of all of the seniors. It saddens me that there are only two episodes left in possibly the entire series. :(

On an unrelated note, I met the guy who plays Buddy Garrity last Friday! It was a bit awkward because it's not like I know his real name or anything. I've never seen him act on any other show so he's simply Buddy Garrity to me!

Matthew
January 4th, 2009, 11:56 AM
the new season has a bunch of episodes that already aired early on direct tv. if you look you can probably find them somewhere on the interwebs

RFF Champ
January 4th, 2009, 11:59 AM
We're discussing the new episodes that have aired on Direct TV.

Matthew
January 4th, 2009, 12:00 PM
oh well then shut up.

i dont read cmon give me some slack here.

the ads for the new season on nbc have started. so i know some kids will come in here and find my information helpful. yea so i hate you how about that.

RFF Champ
January 8th, 2009, 5:15 PM
Bugger me, that episode was perfect.

BabyBooboo
January 8th, 2009, 7:40 PM
That episode was outrageously good. It's gonna be sad to see the main cast go.

chotliwala
January 8th, 2009, 7:48 PM
Is there any word on a fourth season? Be a shame to see such a quality show end.

BabyBooboo
January 8th, 2009, 7:58 PM
I haven't heard a thing on how good or bad it did on DTV yet. Guess we're gonna have to wait and see how it does on NBC.

Billy Jones
January 8th, 2009, 8:21 PM
i'm still waiting on it to come on surfthechannel.com. :(

did you watch it online, alex?

Billy Jones
January 8th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Finally got to watch it....have to agree with you guys in saying it was an awesome episode. I know I'm going to shed tears next week. :(

Oh, and here's news that I found regarding viewership of Season 3 on DirecTV so far. This is pretty vague but hey...it's news.

There hasn't really been any word on what will dictate a return, but a positive trend is emerging in the DirecTV numbers through six episodes of data, which is all that is available at the moment. While the premiere garnered 400,000 viewers from the satellite provider's 17.1 million customers, the season's sixth episode had a season-high of 887,247 viewers. Keep in mind that on NBC, which is in more than 100 million homes, the show did 6.2 million viewers last season on average. (UPDATE: Episode 7 had 629,192 viewers while Episode 8 had 681,382. These numbers are all "Live Plus Seven," which accounts for all persons 2+ watching any of the four airings the show has on Wednesdays and Fridays.)

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/firstcuts/entry/view/16069/friday_night_lights_ratings_update_on_directv

BabyBooboo
January 9th, 2009, 5:13 PM
I think it might have a good chance for a return especially with high-budget shows like My Own Worst Enemy, Knight Rider, and even Heroes bombing in the ratings. If FNL can pull in around the 7-8 million it was doing in the first season, then I don't see why they wouldn't renew it since its a fairly low budget show. It still won't be the same with most of the main cast leaving though.

RFF Champ
January 14th, 2009, 3:46 PM
Last weeks episode really was sensational. I haven't cared so much about the football this season whereas in season one it was like the main aspect of the show. This week was great despite the fact it was predictable that they would be the nearly men. The final scene with Riggins' putting his boots in front of the scoreboard was outstanding and really showed how well he has been portrayed as a character because I really cared.

It really will be sad to see Saracen and Riggins and co go but if they insist on another season then the new characters had better be better than JD McCoy.

I'm excited to see how they're going to do the finale because I would have been happy with the season ending where it did last week.

BabyBooboo
January 15th, 2009, 4:12 AM
:cry: Great, great episode. Wraps up just about everyone's story, but leaves the door open for, hopefully, a 4th season.

Matt got done dirty though, his storyline took a backseat to just about everyone else. He only had like 10 min in the whole episode.

THE WHOLE Fn SHOW
January 15th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Great finish to.....possibly the last episode of the series

To be honest, they wrapped up everyone's character pretty well, I think it will be tough for the show to be picked up for a fourth season. If they do, they would need to make some changes considering everyone is in different colleges. Course the ending brings up an interesting look into the future. Taylor and the other guy both coaching cross-town rivals. Although it would have to be done with a fairly new cast.

BabyBooboo
January 17th, 2009, 9:22 PM
Ratings for the first episode are in and its a...........4.9 :( Pretty disappointing, but still a bit better than what NBC does in that timeslot.

Canuck
January 18th, 2009, 1:37 AM
Fuck megavideo. For some reason it won't let me watch a full epiosde. Anyone know anywhere besides surfthechannel that I can watch the episdoes?

BabyBooboo
March 12th, 2009, 11:30 PM
So the latest reports are saying that NBC and DirectTV are close signing a deal that renews FNL for 2 more seasons! :hyper::hyper::hyper: Best news I've heard all year!

Link here: http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/03/exclusive-frida.html

RFF Champ
May 19th, 2009, 10:57 AM
It was nice to see Timmy Riggins pop up as Gambit in Wolverine.

Any news on the future of this show?

BabyBooboo
May 19th, 2009, 3:11 PM
Renewed for 2 seasons!

Canuck
May 19th, 2009, 3:31 PM
Anyone confirmed signed on? Are they planning on the same cast?

RFF Champ
November 17th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Anyone watching the new series?

I'm enjoying it so far, I think they're still bedding in the new characters and this series seems quite forced but there are enough decent characters to keep me entertained.

RFF Champ
January 28th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Seems like I'm the only one watching it. Last weeks episode was incredible. There was a ridiculous amount of character progression and they really brought a few storylines to a great conclusion as well as starting others.

The character leaving a couple of weeks ago has really opened it up for the newer characters to establish themselves.

While the first and second series are a different beast to what we have now, I'd say that last weeks episode was one of the best episodes ever.

Canuck
January 28th, 2010, 11:16 AM
I've been slowly catching up, I've watched about 2 episodes from this newest season. Just getting used to the new characters for now, seems like they are headed in the right direction with it though. Quality show.

Chris Scott
January 28th, 2010, 7:40 PM
Seems like I'm the only one watching it. Last weeks episode was incredible. There was a ridiculous amount of character progression and they really brought a few storylines to a great conclusion as well as starting others.

The character leaving a couple of weeks ago has really opened it up for the newer characters to establish themselves.

While the first and second series are a different beast to what we have now, I'd say that last weeks episode was one of the best episodes ever.

I'm still watching it, I have season 2 on dvd still to watch.

Aussie_Outlaw
January 30th, 2010, 8:15 AM
I picked this show up sometime in November and raced through upto now.

Season 4 is a nice reboot season, I believe with Season 5 going with it they'll work together as a nice overall arc of the lions going somewhere.

Season 1 is perfect television, and Season 2 was good except cut short by the writers strike which is disappointing and Season 3 was again solid. I'm finding 4 not quite as good but that's probably due to the shift in characters rather than anything else.

Aussie_Outlaw
February 12th, 2010, 2:03 AM
Beautiful Finale.

Took a bit for it to build the new school & characters but the end was classic FNL. Hopefully the fifth (which is the final) season can be great from this foundation.

I'd like to not really see the 'old' characters (Tim etc) who are too loosely connected to the team not appear next season.

And am I the only one who thinks Gracie (the Taylor's baby) has giant creepy eyes?

chotliwala
February 13th, 2010, 10:31 PM
Beautiful Finale.

Took a bit for it to build the new school & characters but the end was classic FNL. Hopefully the fifth (which is the final) season can be great from this foundation.

I'd like to not really see the 'old' characters (Tim etc) who are too loosely connected to the team not appear next season.

Agreed. The last few scenes with Tim and Billy were absolutely fantastic. Though I didn't like how Matt just came back and Julie was just alright with it and went shopping and all.

QUOTE=Aussie_Outlaw;6258623]And am I the only one who thinks Gracie (the Taylor's baby) has giant creepy eyes?[/QUOTE]

And a giant forehead. I get that it's a baby, but sometimes I get freaked out a little.

RFF Champ
February 23rd, 2010, 7:41 AM
I just watched the finale and I thought it was fantastic, as ever.

It took a few episodes for the new characters to bed in. I still don't really care for Becky but one out of them all isn't bad. I really think that Matt leaving did the world of good for the show and while it was nice to see him back for the finale I think that should be the last we see of him as a main character.

Sad to see Riggins go in what was a nice moment, most of the acting on this show is absolutely top notch.

Tanker's touchdown did make me laugh.

I'm looking forward to next season now we have a well developed set of characters. I'm hoping that Luke doesn't leave.

Is it confirmed that next season is the last or is there still opportunity for a sixth season?

Aussie_Outlaw
February 23rd, 2010, 8:04 AM
It's supposedly the last season (http://www.tvguide.com/News/Friday-Night-Lights-Ending-1014921.aspx). Not really 100% confirmed, but it seems most likely.

You don't like Becky? I like her a lot better than Jess who by my accounts comes across like a bit of a bitch.

RFF Champ
February 23rd, 2010, 8:08 AM
I don't really know what it was, I kinda felt like she was holding Riggins down. I didn't feel a great deal was made out of the abortion, it just kind of happened. More was made of what Tami Taylor did.

I liked Jess, I think she had a bit of an edge and I found her quite entertaining. The stuff building up to Vince was good.

Aussie_Outlaw
February 23rd, 2010, 8:12 AM
The issue I have is that her behaviour fucked over the perennial lovable nice guy Lance. If she hadn't have done that I'd wouldn't be disliking her. Sure you could tell she'd end up with Vince but did they have to do it in a way to hurt Lance :(. Poor kid has two hot girls go for him and for them to go nowhere. Hopefully he ends up getting somewhere next season. It'd be nice to have Season 5 end with a final win & him getting a girl. Makes a huge change from the opening scene with Matt throwing the ball through the tyre and him being just the nice nerd friend and now he's a superbowl winner (whatever bowl they have).

The abortion issue I thought was handled well. Sure Tami got utterly unfairly destroyed and I think that the abortion itself wasn't that big of a deal as a lower-class family got it and the last thing Luke's mum really cares about is the people at the center of it. It's more she's a nutty person who clung onto the idea of 'her grandchild'.

I wonder what pro-lifers actually think of the plotline, though I don't know any.

RFF Champ
February 23rd, 2010, 8:14 AM
I thought that the avoidance of the issue by Luke's parents was good given that they wouldn't want to dwell on the nuts and bolts of it what with their religious background and all.

It was more from Becky's point of view, she cried to Tim once and had a chat with Tami but it didn't extend much further than that.

Aussie_Outlaw
February 23rd, 2010, 8:17 AM
I wouldn't think Becky would dwell on it. She doesn't seem that type. She solved the problem and moved on. Like if I cut myself, I'd get it bandaged, let it heal and forget about it (geez I sound insensitive). But still she seems like she'd consider it 'fixed'.

I'm more amazed she wasn't brutally abused by the people who were attacking Tami but it never seemed that the information of who got the abortion really got out.

RFF Champ
February 23rd, 2010, 8:20 AM
I didn't think Tami was going to make the apology but I did think she would say more than she did. I like the resolution to the issue and I guess this means we'll see less and less of West Dillon next series. I know that FNL do like their rousing speeches. Leave them to Coach Taylor I suppose.

Canuck
March 15th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Finally got through season 4 of this. Not sure why I took a break, but once I started watching again, I couldn't stop. This is probably the most underrated show on the go.

NBC confirmed season 5 was the last for this series, which is a shame. I think they can make it a brilliant one with everything they've developed in 4. Vince's troubles aren't resolved yet either, which could be a heavy storyline. Also, Luke better not leave.

RFF Champ
March 16th, 2010, 7:41 AM
I took it as Luke was threatening it to Coach Taylor and wasn't really intending to leave. I think that now he's put played him in the final then he should stay.

Aussie_Outlaw
March 16th, 2010, 7:47 AM
Also for those who don't read the tv blogs:

Landry won't be a main character for S5. Basically he's gone off with Matt

RFF Champ
March 16th, 2010, 8:17 AM
I don't know why I clicked that really. Thankfully it's not as big as it could have been.

I actually really like Landry, I've always thought he's a really worthwhile character. I think he's more of a well rounded character in terms of the fact it's not all football with him. That's not a knock on the other characters by any means. Him going isn't massive though because it just frees up more time for the newer characters.

Canuck
March 16th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Yeah, hopefully this works out for him.

RFF Champ
November 7th, 2010, 5:54 AM
I just watched the first episode of the new season and already I'm hooked back in.

Vince is one of my favourite characters now and this new kid looks pretty cool. It also looks like we're going to get Tami helping this Epic person turn it around.

Sad to think it's the final season.

Luckily I've forgotten what those spoilers say up there and I'm not clicking them again!

Aussie_Outlaw
November 7th, 2010, 6:38 AM
It says Gracie Bell still has creepy eyes.

I hope they win State at the end of this season. I don't care if it's unbelievable I just want it to happen.

Bert
November 7th, 2010, 2:45 PM
I love this show. :heart: Julie Taylor is fineeeeeeeee.

Canuck
November 18th, 2010, 1:38 AM
ThIs ShOw Is LiKe T ToTaLlY ThE BesT!!!!!

Bert
November 18th, 2010, 2:14 AM
The new episode isn't online yet. :cry:

Aussie_Outlaw
November 18th, 2010, 8:11 PM
It was out on the binaries just not the torrents when you posted that :p

I want to slap Julie Taylor, she's a moron.

Canuck
November 21st, 2010, 11:51 PM
There's something about this show that chokes me up all the time. It's very well written.

Chris Scott
November 22nd, 2010, 11:25 AM
What was that hockey show set in Canada they had on last year or maybe even longer?

I watched about 5 episodes (UK) and then they didn't show any more, it was quite poor.

Canuck
November 22nd, 2010, 12:04 PM
Hockey night in Canada?

OMG LOL T-TOTALLY HILARIOUS

Chris Scott
November 22nd, 2010, 12:14 PM
I think it was called something else over here. Hold on a sec I'll check it out.

Chris Scott
November 22nd, 2010, 12:20 PM
Trophy Wives it was called lol.

Bert
November 22nd, 2010, 1:44 PM
I want to slap Julie Taylor, she's a moron.

With your penis? I'd slap her with my penis.

Aussie_Outlaw
November 22nd, 2010, 7:14 PM
Err no. You know Bert you could be in with a chance, she does seem to jump at pretty much anything resembling a father figure.

RFF Champ
November 25th, 2010, 5:56 AM
Why does this show take 100 times longer to get online than any other show on the internet ever?

Aussie_Outlaw
November 25th, 2010, 6:03 AM
Because it's on 101 rather than a more popular network.

I was under the impression there isn't an episode this week due to thanksgiving. At least that's what wiki and most of the internets tells me.

RFF Champ
November 25th, 2010, 6:05 AM
Oh right...carry on then.

Aussie_Outlaw
December 16th, 2010, 3:18 AM
Just finished watching this week's FNL and this show has been on fire the last two weeks. Possibly the best episodes of the "East" seasons of the show.

The pairing of Billy & Luke is superb, and it's wonderful to see Julie fall to pieces as she's been deserving of such treatment for a while.

Unfortunately no more FNL until 2011. :(

Bert
December 16th, 2010, 5:03 AM
I wasn't aware of that. Damn breaks. :(

Aussie_Outlaw
December 16th, 2010, 5:29 AM
Neither was I, until the commercial came on after the episode finished.

RFF Champ
December 16th, 2010, 5:34 AM
If you can help me find a link to last nights airing in the next 30 minutes then I will send you a christmas e-card.

RFF Champ
December 16th, 2010, 5:58 AM
Cheers Aussie.

For some reason it's saying that I can't download it because I reached my hourly limit but I haven't downloaded anything from there for days. Is there any way around this besides a premium membership?

EDIT: No worries, your link has helped me to find another one on another site.

Canuck
December 17th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Anyone think this is going to end like the movie did? I'm a few episodes back, so if that's off course apologies.

RFF Champ
December 18th, 2010, 3:06 PM
I've not seen the film so any discussion in spoiler tags please.

Aussie_Outlaw
December 19th, 2010, 6:46 AM
I get the feeling well end with the Lions taking state and Coach getting a job at a College.

RFF Champ
January 5th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Am I right in thinking there will be an episode tonight?

Bert
January 5th, 2011, 3:18 PM
According to Wikipedia there is.

Aussie_Outlaw
January 6th, 2011, 7:22 AM
Yep there was. Finished watching it an hour ago.

Sad there's only 5 left. :(

son_of_foley
January 6th, 2011, 7:30 AM
IS THIS GOOD?

RFF Champ
January 6th, 2011, 7:34 AM
SOF it's brilliant. Seriously start watching it tonight.

son_of_foley
January 6th, 2011, 7:52 AM
Sold. I might be a few days but I'll be on this. I TRUST YOU WITH MY LIFE ALEX. I believe it was you who convinced me to watch HIMYM which I've enjoyed immensely up until this series

RFF Champ
January 6th, 2011, 7:56 AM
Yeah, I've stopped watching that because I got a bit bored.

This show is great entertainment though. I think the ratings have been quite poor but it's won a few awards. It will inspire you to be brilliant.

RFF Champ
January 7th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Brilliant. Just brilliant. What a swerve, I just did not see that one coming.

Chris Scott
January 7th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Yeah I second what Alex said SOF, watch this.

Oh and Alex I promise I'll catch up to you so we can talk about it. I'm now half way through season 2.

Chris Scott
January 7th, 2011, 11:37 AM
What's HIMYM?

son_of_foley
January 7th, 2011, 11:51 AM
How I met your mother

son_of_foley
January 7th, 2011, 11:51 AM
You thought it was a programme about ladies who hadnt done the nasty amirite

RFF Champ
January 7th, 2011, 11:59 AM
You've been on series two for about 2 years now Chris. You need to hurry up. It finishes forever in about a month.

Chris Scott
January 7th, 2011, 12:37 PM
I know Alex and it's shocking on my part.

Chris Scott
January 7th, 2011, 12:39 PM
You thought it was a programme about ladies who hadnt done the nasty amirite

Close, I thought it was about nasty ladies showing you how to shit.

Canuck
January 7th, 2011, 11:46 PM
SOF, this is probably my favorite show going right now. You won't be disappointed.

"AND THAT'S THE G D TRUTH"

Aussie_Outlaw
January 8th, 2011, 12:23 AM
sof, FNL is a wonderful show. It's on par with the other recent dramas like Mad Men, Dexter, etc

son_of_foley
January 10th, 2011, 4:35 AM
Watched the first ep last night. Really enjoyed it.

ChocolateThunder
January 10th, 2011, 3:29 PM
http://www.derok.net/images/entertainment/friday%20night%20lights.jpg

Bert
January 10th, 2011, 6:54 PM
:wtf:

Matt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

He was always my favorite character.

Also, Smash should be back for Episode 10.

son_of_foley
January 14th, 2011, 7:28 AM
I'm 5 eps into this. Loving it

Aussie_Outlaw
January 14th, 2011, 8:04 AM
I gave a whole bunch of shows to my folks a month ago, FNL was one of the shows and my folks watched the first episode and dug it. Which is good for people who don't really know much/like American Football.

son_of_foley
January 14th, 2011, 8:30 AM
If it wasn't for the GF slowing me down I reckon I would've indulged in a marathon viewing of this

RFF Champ
January 14th, 2011, 10:17 AM
What does she think of it, sof?

I've thought about getting my missus into it but I think I'll wait until it's all wrapped up and then go back and watch all the way through. Not sure if she'll like it or not.

son_of_foley
January 14th, 2011, 10:27 AM
She is enjoying it more now but has little interest in or knowledge of american football. We're only 5 in but she says its getting better. The end of episode 1 was a changer for her. If it hadn't been for that I dont think she would be into it. They went big on that first episode.

Canuck
January 14th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Yeah, tell her to stick with it. Tons of girls talk to me about the show who hate sports. It kind of gets more away from the football aspect and more into the relationships as it goes on :yes:

Canuck
January 14th, 2011, 4:43 PM
I've noticed the music selection on this show has gotten significantly better also. :yes:

Another great episode there.

son_of_foley
January 18th, 2011, 5:02 AM
11 episodes in now. Smash is getting nose bleeds. I love this show but gods sake it really breaks your frigging heart doesn't it

RFF Champ
January 20th, 2011, 6:48 AM
Looks like I'm a couple of weeks behind. I just watched episode 9 and it was as usual brilliant. Heartbreaking stuff.

son_of_foley
January 20th, 2011, 6:53 AM
I'm at episode 14 Alex. I'm almost a 1/5th through the entire show right? I plan to have season 1 finished by end of weekend

Aussie_Outlaw
January 20th, 2011, 7:01 AM
You're one behind Alex. Episode 5x10 just aired.

Chris Scott
January 20th, 2011, 7:15 AM
At this rate SOF will take over me, I've got to act quickly.

son_of_foley
January 20th, 2011, 7:17 AM
WE COMING FOR YOU HULK HOGAN WE COMING FOR YOU

Chris Scott
January 20th, 2011, 8:57 AM
Actually SOF, let's do something special. Let's catch up to the same episode and then from there we set a deadline to watch the next episode and then express our feelings on here.

I'm onto the 2nd to last episode of season 2 so HURRY THE FUCK UP.

son_of_foley
January 20th, 2011, 8:59 AM
Ok no worries. Im away to Iceland next week so it might take me a while how about you post your feelings on Season 1 in spoilers. When I'm done ill post mine. Then we'' do the same for every ep we both watch we should sync up pretty quick

Chris Scott
January 20th, 2011, 9:04 AM
Lovely mate let's do it, oh yeahhhhhhhhh.

I'll post my season 1 thoughts later on tonight my FNL buddy.

son_of_foley
January 20th, 2011, 9:09 AM
I think I actually am in love with Matt Saracen. He's so dreamy

son_of_foley
January 21st, 2011, 4:46 AM
Just watched epsiode 15 last night. Thought it was brilliant television. I'll put thoughts in spoilers incase anyone else starts up with the show

For those who maybe are a few seasons on, this was the racism episode or at least what I assume was the first in a mini-arc.

Few thoughts coming out of it.

I dont really like or trust Waverley. I think despite her protestations she like's the power Smash has in that town and will look to use it to her own advantage soon enough.

I cringed so much during the interview. It beggars belief that he dug himself so deep on that one. The lack of a real apology sparking the real trouble was a nice touch though maybe a little too by the numbers.

Really liked how it was played against the backfrop of the powderpuff game. I thought that was a nice touch.

I'm glad they kind of brought a little bit of focus back to Riggins vs Smash. That had kind of been lost in the shuffle for about 10 episodes or so but I guess that can happen in team dynamics and such.

Chris Scott
January 21st, 2011, 6:56 AM
Yep top episode that one.

Canuck
January 21st, 2011, 2:54 PM
I actually don't remember the episodes in detail. This is exciting, I think I can go back to the beginning and start over when it finishes :hyper:

Dr Isaac Yankem DDS
January 22nd, 2011, 1:32 AM
I just started watching this on netflix wednesday and Im on episode 12, I can't get enough of it.

I wish I would have been watching it from the start of the series but atleast I will be able to just from season to season without the wait until I get to season five.

Canuck
January 22nd, 2011, 11:18 AM
Good to see interest building in the show. Shame it's almost over :(

son_of_foley
January 24th, 2011, 5:35 AM
I actually started season 2 last night.

FUCKING HELL

FUCKING HELL

LANDRY MAN FUCKING HELL

Myles
January 24th, 2011, 1:33 PM
I watched the first five and this is okay. Not amazing or interesting, but okay for filler tv. Reminds me of The OC in that sense, although I was much more invested in that show.

This could be so much better if it were on HBO and they touched on the racism a bit more. It's not realistic that the white boys like the darkies so much.

Chris Scott
January 25th, 2011, 6:17 AM
The OC :(

Hurry up sof catch up to the last episode if season 2 as u don't think I can hang on anymore.

son_of_foley
January 25th, 2011, 6:32 AM
Here don't wait on me big lad. I'm off to Iceland on Thursday for a bit so just get crack a lacking and post up your thoughts. I'll catch up soon enough

Chris Scott
January 25th, 2011, 8:49 AM
Oh yeah I forgot you was going away on Thursday, cool I'll carry on.

How long you going for?

son_of_foley
January 25th, 2011, 8:53 AM
Long Weekend back to work on the monday. Seeing Northern Lights, Blue Lagoon and all the good stuff. Looking forward to it

son_of_foley
January 25th, 2011, 8:53 AM
Hoping to sneak in another 3-4 eps before thursday but not sure I will get it done

Chris Scott
January 26th, 2011, 6:24 AM
Long Weekend back to work on the monday. Seeing Northern Lights, Blue Lagoon and all the good stuff. Looking forward to it

Coolio.

Bert
February 3rd, 2011, 4:14 AM
Only one more episode, then it's all over. :panic: :cry:

Aussie_Outlaw
February 3rd, 2011, 4:36 AM
After tonight it's easier to guess the direction.

My guess (may spoil tonight's episode and for the people stuck in s2)

44 will end up getting a scholarship after a good state game and patch it with Becky
Tim will return home
Coach and Tammy will go to Philly.
Lions will win state.

son_of_foley
February 3rd, 2011, 5:09 AM
I've just done EP 5 of Season 2. The whole going to iceland and getting engaged thing is taking up a lot of my valuable FNL time

RFF Champ
February 3rd, 2011, 5:10 AM
Just to comment on last weeks because I don't think I did.

The way that they built up Coach's move was brilliant. You could really see it from both sides because they kept showing the impact on coach and the players. Ultimately when coach does make his decision I was glad but also felt a bit like he made the wrong decision. That's testament to just how well the characters are presented.

I would only want Tammy to take that job if Coach was to be football coach there because quite frankly I think most of us think more about his job than hers.

It's a real shame that this is the penultimate episode. I'll probably give it a watch this afternoon.

RFF Champ
February 3rd, 2011, 5:11 AM
I've just done EP 5 of Season 2. The whole going to iceland and getting engaged thing is taking up a lot of my valuable FNL time

Well in son. Is there a thread in the asylum about this? It's about time, how long have you been together? Congratulations.

Aussie_Outlaw
February 3rd, 2011, 5:14 AM
That's the entire point about the job vs job thing going on there. I think the show would be pathetic to paint the "her job isn't as important". I think it'd be wonderful if he moved for her. I'd probably think less of him if he kept being a little bitch about it for the rest of the series. He needs to grow up and stop being so selfish.

son_of_foley
February 3rd, 2011, 5:14 AM
Nah I'll go start a thread

RFF Champ
February 3rd, 2011, 5:18 AM
That's the entire point about the job vs job thing going on there. I think the show would be pathetic to paint the "her job isn't as important". I think it'd be wonderful if he moved for her. I'd probably think less of him if he kept being a little bitch about it for the rest of the series. Because in the last 5 years, she's done much better professionally than he has.

I completely agree. In some ways it would be a nice way to go because we've seen them as a strong couple throughout but for the show to end with coach not having a football job? I wouldn't be happy with that. The best way is if he's able to get a job there and take Vince and Luke with him.

I'm also a bit conflicted since he's said he'll stay.

I liked the Smash reference last week.

Aussie_Outlaw
February 3rd, 2011, 5:24 AM
I completely agree. In some ways it would be a nice way to go because we've seen them as a strong couple throughout but for the show to end with coach not having a football job? I wouldn't be happy with that. The best way is if he's able to get a job there and take Vince and Luke with him.

I'm also a bit conflicted since he's said he'll stay.

I liked the Smash reference last week.

I think it'd be perfect if he left without a football job. He can be the supportive one for a change, especially since if Coach isn't taking the job he was offered earlier in the season it'd be stupid not to take Tammy's job as it's much better than either of them have had.

In my mind Tammy has every right to be pissed off. Coach isn't even talking about it but just continuing in such a fashion where he's decided she's not taking the job. He's being a bit of a dick about it all by not even really communicating with his wife. Eric needs to man up a bit in the next episode and figure out where his heart really is. With his wife & family, or with a school he despises.

We all know he'd get a job easily due to his recent performances and the way he turned the lions around.

And unfortunately Luke and Vince are different ages and now in different systems. Luke is going to college while Vince is still at High School, they can't play together next year.

RFF Champ
February 3rd, 2011, 5:29 AM
I think it'd be perfect if he left without a football job. He can be the supportive one for a change, especially since if Coach isn't taking the job he was offered earlier in the season it'd be stupid not to take Tammy's job as it's much better than either of them have had.

In my mind Tammy has every right to be pissed off. Coach isn't even talking about it but just continuing in such a fashion where he's decided she's not taking the job. He's being a bit of a dick about it all by not even really communicating with his wife. Eric needs to man up a bit in the next episode and figure out where his heart really is. With his wife & family, or with a school he despises.

We all know he'd get a job easily due to his recent performances and the way he turned the lions around.

And unfortunately Luke and Vince are different ages and now in different systems. Luke is going to college while Vince is still at High School, they can't play together next year.

I feel like that we've committed so much time into Coach's career that it wouldn't be the happy ending that we all expect if he finished without a job. Perhaps a more romantic ending but I'm not convinced. I'm sure wherever they take it the ending will be brilliant. I have just remembered that one programme is getting cut, that's quite a crucial thing to forget.

Really? I thought they were the same age because Luke was in his first year of football at the same time as Vince if you remember the whole Panther mailbox storyline. I'm obviously not keeping up very well. I just assumed Luke was going for college advice for the next year.

Any chance you could post your download link please? I'm a liability at finding direct downloads.

Aussie_Outlaw
February 3rd, 2011, 5:36 AM
I feel like that we've committed so much time into Coach's career that it wouldn't be the happy ending that we all expect if he finished without a job. Perhaps a more romantic ending but I'm not convinced. I'm sure wherever they take it the ending will be brilliant. I have just remembered that one programme is getting cut, that's quite a crucial thing to forget.

Really? I thought they were the same age because Luke was in his first year of football at the same time as Vince if you remember the whole Panther mailbox storyline. I'm obviously not keeping up very well. I just assumed Luke was going for college advice for the next year.

Any chance you could post your download link please? I'm a liability at finding direct downloads.[/spoiler]

Oh, I'm one episode ahead of you, :D. I know which one is getting cut and I've been referring to a few things in tonight's episode. (Not major things as the Tammy/Eric thing is basically an undercurrent of the episode). It'll be nice to hear what you have to say when you've one step closer to the finale, as it gives you a bit more of an idea where they'll all end up.

There's a whole bunch of links here (http://www.rlsbb.com/2011/02/03/friday-night-lights-s05e12-hdtv-xvid-xs/#comments)

Winning State is a big enough happy ending for the Coach imo.

Luke is looking for Colleges as he has all season, while Vince has one more year in Dillion before he goes to College. It's not really explicitly stated that Luke is older (especially due to the whole Vince goes to Colleges thing), just assumed that you've clicked that Colleges are allowed to approach Luke (as he's in the drafting year) but not Vince (year younger).

Plus it's the ending of the show so they can do the nice story of Coach following his wife as there's no longer a football show they need to script for.

RFF Champ
February 3rd, 2011, 5:41 AM
Thanks.

I did wonder with the 'school he despises' comment. I was thinking, that's a bit harsh, I wouldn't say he despises it!

Aussie_Outlaw
February 3rd, 2011, 5:42 AM
Thanks.

I did wonder with the 'school he despises' comment. I was thinking, that's a bit harsh, I wouldn't say he despises it!

Even after Season 3 and 4: Where he gets kicked out for Colt McCoy's Dad's bullshit and his wife gets outsted for helping a young girl?

I'd say he despises it back then.

The internet is a wonderful thing and I've learnt I can pretty much find anything.

RFF Champ
February 3rd, 2011, 5:42 AM
Torrents are just a world easier. Two of those websites said I've reached my hourly limit which I haven't because I haven't been on them in over a week. Then I had to tussle with that stupid word thing to prove I'm not a robot but I can't read them anyway. The downloads are slower too.

RFF Champ
February 3rd, 2011, 5:43 AM
Even after Season 3 and 4: Where he gets kicked out for Colt McCoy's Dad's bullshit and his wife gets outsted for helping a young girl?

Yeah but I thought you were referring to East.

Aussie_Outlaw
February 3rd, 2011, 5:45 AM
Nah I was talking about West.

Torrents are just a world easier. Two of those websites said I've reached my hourly limit which I haven't because I haven't been on them in over a week. Then I had to tussle with that stupid word thing to prove I'm not a robot but I can't read them anyway. The downloads are slower too.

Not everything is on torrents, so I learn to hit the http sites as well. I get youtube on my tv so I've started watching America's Game episodes directly from youtube. It's wonderful.

Plus due to FNL being on 101 and 101 being a minor cable network it doesn't hit Torrents for bloody ages. So this is really the only option.

RFF Champ
February 3rd, 2011, 5:49 AM
Yeah, before you opened my eyes to these I would have to wait a couple of days for it to come up. Googling (verb?) 'Friday night lights' with the name of a hosting site usually takes me ages.

Also just realised that if you go to advanced reply then you don't have to type out the spoiler tags. Rock n' roll.

RFF Champ
February 4th, 2011, 5:51 AM
I just watched episode 12.

They have spun it very well to put us in favour of Tammy. There's no way Coach Taylor will coach the Panthers so I imagine they are going to move. I hope Billy gets the coaching job.

If they win state then it would be the perfect time for Eric to leave without a job and it's a sad idea that he wouldn't have a job because we've followed his career so far. However I now see it from your side Aussie that it shows that there is more to life outside of football, which we don't see considering Dillon is so wrapped up in High School football.

Tim telling Luke to let it go was a nice moment. As with the Tim situation, it would have been all to perfect if Luke had just gone straight into a college program. Even Smash had to work for it.

All in all, I'm sad it's finishing. They seem to be wrapping it up very well and it is good to go out on a high note. Is it just a single episode next week and then it's done?

Bert
February 4th, 2011, 6:13 AM
Yep. :sadwave:

Hamon
February 7th, 2011, 7:30 AM

I am also depend on Torrent sites.

RFF Champ
February 7th, 2011, 6:46 PM
Amen, Hamon, amen

son_of_foley
February 8th, 2011, 5:51 AM
Where is Chris Scott I'm only on episode 6 of Season 2 but I'm hoping beyond hope to be on Season 3 by this time next week.

WHERE ARE YOU SUCKA IM COMING FOR YA

RFF Champ
February 8th, 2011, 5:59 AM
How are you finding season 2 sof? Some of it is a little tedious but it definitely picks up again.

It pains me that tomorrow is the last episode. I'm going to have to do another run through after.

son_of_foley
February 8th, 2011, 6:16 AM
I'm enjoying it.

The mexico bit seemed a little confused but I guess it was about rekindling friendships

I like the disparity between Riggins and new guy, in that one is atoning from previous mistakes at least currently and Riggins is only beginning to take responsibility for his actions and even then not really

The Landry storyline, I was concered it might go a bit Bevery Hills 90210 but currently it's being treated quite well.

I think the Coach Taylor returning thing has been a little too neat at the minute. I'm quite looking forward to them heading back to play the racist team again

Chris Scott
February 8th, 2011, 9:21 PM
I have yet to watch the last episode of season 2. I got sidetracked by Boardwalk Empire(amazing) and The Walking Dead(Very Good).

How was your hol?

Canuck
February 8th, 2011, 11:17 PM
I just watched episode 12.

They have spun it very well to put us in favour of Tammy. There's no way Coach Taylor will coach the Panthers so I imagine they are going to move. I hope Billy gets the coaching job.

If they win state then it would be the perfect time for Eric to leave without a job and it's a sad idea that he wouldn't have a job because we've followed his career so far. However I now see it from your side Aussie that it shows that there is more to life outside of football, which we don't see considering Dillon is so wrapped up in High School football.

Tim telling Luke to let it go was a nice moment. As with the Tim situation, it would have been all to perfect if Luke had just gone straight into a college program. Even Smash had to work for it.

All in all, I'm sad it's finishing. They seem to be wrapping it up very well and it is good to go out on a high note. Is it just a single episode next week and then it's done?

Smash had to work for it because of an injury didn't he? Luke is a star player on one of the top 2 teams in the state. I think he should probably get a scholarship based on that.

The whole Tammy/Coach thing going on is a bit of a toss up. At one point there I thought they were heading towards the two of them splitting up for their jobs. Not sure how I'd feel about that.

I still think it'll end how the movie ended.

Bert
February 8th, 2011, 11:24 PM
If anyone wants to see more of the actor who plays Luke Cafferty he's on that new show The Chicago Code, different character though. He's so dreamy. No homo.

Tomorrow's the last episode. :(

Aussie_Outlaw
February 9th, 2011, 7:49 PM
How are you finding season 2 sof? Some of it is a little tedious but it definitely picks up again.

This'd be the Landry / Tyra storyline which I'd say is the worst part of the series.

Bert
February 9th, 2011, 7:51 PM
That relationship seemed so dumb and pointless to me because of the way it ends.

Aussie_Outlaw
February 9th, 2011, 7:57 PM
That's because Landry is dumb & pointless. He works best as a support for Matt and shouldn't ever get his own story.

RFF Champ
February 10th, 2011, 4:22 AM
I quite liked Landry..until that storyline. I enjoyed that they made him kicker which is blatantly the easiest job in American football.

Bert
February 10th, 2011, 5:41 AM
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I0S76E7K

:sadwave:

I'm happy with the way everything ended (especially Matt/Julie) but I'm still so sad to see it go.

Aussie_Outlaw
February 10th, 2011, 5:48 AM
Yeah sorry about before.

RFF Champ
February 10th, 2011, 12:50 PM
:cry:

Canuck
February 11th, 2011, 12:58 AM
I've never been so sad to see a show end. Proper way to end it though. :yes:

Aussie_Outlaw
February 11th, 2011, 1:01 AM
That restaurant scene between Eric/Tammy & Matt/Julie was fantastic.

Canuck
February 11th, 2011, 7:23 PM
One thing about it I wasn't too fond of was how they ended Luke's storyline. Kind of random and insignificant.

son_of_foley
February 17th, 2011, 4:56 AM
I'm scared of spoilers in here but yes finished season 2.

HURRAH

Did I beat Chris Scott?

I will be starting Season 3 hopefully tonight maybe early next week

Thought it ended very abruptly, was this the writer strike year?

Jason thing is a bit odd but I will be interested how it goes.

I loves Matt Saracen and hope he is ok :(

RFF Champ
February 17th, 2011, 4:58 AM
There are no spoilers in here at the moment sof. Hurley with a little comment above but you won't understand it yet and it really doesn't reveal anything.

I haven't posted my thoughts on the finale yet but when I do it'll be in spoiler tags.

Aussie_Outlaw
February 17th, 2011, 5:08 AM
Thought it ended very abruptly, was this the writer strike year?

Yeah Season 2 is cut short due to the writers strike. You'll find that at the start of Season 3 they continue as if the characters were still going, just that the cameras weren't filming them.

They'll refer back to the events we missed at the end of season 2 so you do learn how that football season ends.

And everyone loves Matt Saracen. He's adorable.

son_of_foley
February 17th, 2011, 5:08 AM
That's cool I wouldnt be telling anyone off like it's me that's 3 years behind so I understand there might be the odd bit here and there.

I do hope I'm ahead of Chris Scott now

son_of_foley
February 17th, 2011, 5:09 AM
Yeah Season 2 is cut short due to the writers strike. You'll find that at the start of Season 3 they continue as if the characters were still going, just that the cameras weren't filming them.

They'll refer back to the events we missed at the end of season 2 so you do learn how that football season ends.

Excellent. Hoped as much.

Aussie_Outlaw
February 17th, 2011, 5:11 AM
Excellent. Hoped as much.

Yeah, though it's still a bit weird for Smash to die in that meteor shower. That would have been an awesome season 2 finale. Pity it was never filmed.

son_of_foley
February 17th, 2011, 5:25 AM
I thought he was going to become the new mayor :( Spoiler alert man

Aussie_Outlaw
February 17th, 2011, 5:44 AM
Oh it doesn't matter, Landry cloned him with his nerd powers and everyone treats him like the normal Smash, you'd never notice if I hadn't said it just above.

son_of_foley
February 17th, 2011, 6:24 AM
I do like that he wears Physics and Maths tshirts quite a bit.

RFF Champ
February 17th, 2011, 1:58 PM
I'm a fan of Landry's band, the scenes with them rehearsing always crack me up.

I think I'm going to start rewatching from the beginning over Easter. I'm not sure whether to involve the missus or not.

son_of_foley
February 17th, 2011, 2:06 PM
She'll love it. The missus loves it probably for Matt, Jason and Riggs. Pervert.

son_of_foley
February 17th, 2011, 2:06 PM
I had a bit of a thing for MRS COACH since spin city

RFF Champ
February 17th, 2011, 2:07 PM
She's a lovely lady but I find her ever so slightly annoying.

RFF Champ
February 17th, 2011, 2:08 PM
Mrs Coach that is, not my girlfriend.

son_of_foley
February 17th, 2011, 2:10 PM
She is annoying im on a purely physical level. Treat those how you would like to be treated

Miotch
February 17th, 2011, 3:35 PM
Who do y'all think is the hottest female 'main character' throughout the show? I have it as...

Lyla
Becky
Lorraine Seracin
Tyra
Julie
Jess
Tami

Bert
February 17th, 2011, 3:41 PM
http://www.tv.com/adrianne-palicki-will-play-nbcs-wonder-woman/story/25184.html

... Friday Night Lights and Lone Star alum Adrianne Palicki will play Wonder Woman in NBC's upcoming reboot.

Someone who is good with Photoshop should do a mock up.

Who do y'all think is the hottest female 'main character' throughout the show? I have it as...

Lyla
Becky
Tyra
Julie
Jess
Tami

Lyla
Julie
Tyra
Becky
Jess
Tami

Canuck
February 17th, 2011, 4:01 PM
Recently watched the film. I hadn't realized that Buddy and Mrs. Coach both starred in the film. That's pretty neat.

Miotch
February 17th, 2011, 4:08 PM
I would totally do Matt's grandma.

Chris Scott
February 17th, 2011, 7:57 PM
That's cool I wouldnt be telling anyone off like it's me that's 3 years behind so I understand there might be the odd bit here and there.

I do hope I'm ahead of Chris Scott now

Dam.

I have got the last episode for season 2 penciled in for tomorrow and most of 3 should be done by the friday after.

son_of_foley
February 18th, 2011, 4:49 AM
I'm 2 episodes into Season 3 now babay

son_of_foley
February 21st, 2011, 5:09 AM
I am now 8 episodes into season 3. Loving this season a lot. Few questions but if anything is answered later on just leave me to it.

Most of it stems from the abrupt end of season 2 I guess. Part of me will probably always be annoyed about that I reckon.

Where in the world is daman Santiago? (See what I dids there)

I assume Lyla dumped the Christian lad for Riggins rather than him just being there to pick up the pieces?

Cant help but wonder if Smashs younger sister will become a character in her own right in the show. Could be quite interesting.

Weird how despite Tyra being class at Volleyball there was never any talk of her getting some sort of partial scholarship for it? I assume the volleyball helped Tammy get the principal job? Odd

Jason leaving to become a sports agent was a nice touch. I really enjoyed him as a character.

It's nice that Coach Taylor is making a postive impact in these boys lives. Smash going off to College a humble(r) man and Jason making good on his character rather than his sporting ability were nice touches.

Does anyone else find it infuriating that Mrs.Taylor went to such lengths to help Tyra, I mean cooking her dinner taking her mum to hospital etc yet nobody fucking helps Matt Saracen who is his dementia suffering grandmothers sole carer. What the fuck?

I also reckon Joe McCoy is going to slap the shit out of J.D some day.

OHH I ALSO ALSO RECKON the mccoys will buy that house for the taylors as some sort of gift.

I love Julie now, I know that is wrong.

Bert
February 21st, 2011, 7:06 AM
Mate, if it's wrong, I don't wanna be right. I love those massive knockers.

Chris Scott
February 21st, 2011, 7:11 AM
I am now 8 episodes into season 3. Loving this season a lot. Few questions but if anything is answered later on just leave me to it.

Most of it stems from the abrupt end of season 2 I guess. Part of me will probably always be annoyed about that I reckon.

Where in the world is daman Santiago? (See what I dids there)

I assume Lyla dumped the Christian lad for Riggins rather than him just being there to pick up the pieces?

Cant help but wonder if Smashs younger sister will become a character in her own right in the show. Could be quite interesting.

Weird how despite Tyra being class at Volleyball there was never any talk of her getting some sort of partial scholarship for it? I assume the volleyball helped Tammy get the principal job? Odd

Jason leaving to become a sports agent was a nice touch. I really enjoyed him as a character.

It's nice that Coach Taylor is making a postive impact in these boys lives. Smash going off to College a humble(r) man and Jason making good on his character rather than his sporting ability were nice touches.

Does anyone else find it infuriating that Mrs.Taylor went to such lengths to help Tyra, I mean cooking her dinner taking her mum to hospital etc yet nobody fucking helps Matt Saracen who is his dementia suffering grandmothers sole carer. What the fuck?

I also reckon Joe McCoy is going to slap the shit out of J.D some day.

OHH I ALSO ALSO RECKON the mccoys will buy that house for the taylors as some sort of gift.

I love Julie now, I know that is wrong.

Slow down mate, haven't you got other things to watch

son_of_foley
February 21st, 2011, 7:31 AM
I hate everything in the world except Matt Saracen and the Rock

son_of_foley
February 21st, 2011, 7:41 AM
I might slow down with it soon but I think I'll finish Season 3 this week comfortably and then I'm watching Modern Family, Big Bang theory and that's about it. Gave up on how i met your mother this weekend, it's turned shit. 30 rock is upsetting me this season.

How to make it in america is back soon and I'm enjoying justified season 2 but this is my life at the minute

Aussie_Outlaw
February 21st, 2011, 7:52 AM
Season 3/4 break is a nice place to take a break as the show makes a fair few changes in that period to the point where it's almost rebooted.

Should I watch Justified S1 sof?

son_of_foley
February 21st, 2011, 7:55 AM
I really quite enjoyed Justified. I found it quite funny and a bit charming although sometimes it is a little too neat with it's resolutions.

Definitely give it a few episodes.

son_of_foley
February 21st, 2011, 7:59 AM
You watch Breaking Bad don't you? If not I would rate it higher than Justified but not by much

Did you watch How to Make it in America? I enjoyed it too. Only like 6 eps or something in 1st season. Nice taster.

Aussie_Outlaw
February 21st, 2011, 8:36 AM
Yep, seen all of BB. I haven't heard of H2MiiA, but it sounds like the type of show my brother would adore. I like Olyphant and I've seen the first ep of Justified, just never bothered to follow up as it didn't completely jump out for me and I wanted to watch other things.

Currently going through The Sopranos.

Canuck
February 21st, 2011, 10:58 AM
When is How to make it in America back SOF?

son_of_foley
February 21st, 2011, 11:23 AM
Turns out it is Summer. I thought it was March :(

Canuck
February 21st, 2011, 11:27 AM
At least it will be back :yes:

RFF Champ
February 21st, 2011, 1:04 PM
How to Make it in America is a beautiful show. Cam is a brilliant character. I have no idea what the hold up is because it has been so long since the last series. I was sat next to a guy on the tube once whose ringtone was the theme tune so we had a love in over how good the show was.

I'm surprised it's taken you this long to stop with HIMYM sof, I completely lost the will to watch it ages ago.

RFF Champ
February 21st, 2011, 1:06 PM
On FNL, I would reccomend taking a break before the new characters. While they are brilliant characters once they have been fleshed out, it takes a while for them to bed in and obviously you will have allegiances with old characters.

The episode that Matt really left was when I really came to terms with everything changing and started properly enjoying it.

son_of_foley
February 22nd, 2011, 4:11 AM
How to Make it in America is a beautiful show. Cam is a brilliant character. I have no idea what the hold up is because it has been so long since the last series. I was sat next to a guy on the tube once whose ringtone was the theme tune so we had a love in over how good the show was.

I'm surprised it's taken you this long to stop with HIMYM sof, I completely lost the will to watch it ages ago.

I am a loyal man. Katy Perry was on this week. That was the final straw. They have completely fucked that show

Aussie_Outlaw
February 22nd, 2011, 7:47 AM
On FNL, I would reccomend taking a break before the new characters. While they are brilliant characters once they have been fleshed out, it takes a while for them to bed in

Yeah it's bittersweet. If you're expecting the show to roll forward focussing on all your old favourites, even though they've now moved on you'll be disappointed.

I found it a little sad, but after a while the characters grow on you as much as the old ones and it's awesome.

So if you're ready for a bit of a major change at the start of Season 4 it's great.

Just be ready for it.

son_of_foley
February 24th, 2011, 5:14 AM
2 eps left in season 3. It's getting excited. Saw Joe slapping J.D about coming quite early

son_of_foley
March 4th, 2011, 4:38 AM
Episode 3 of Season 4 Completed Thoughts

Season 3 Finale :-
Ohh god I fucking hate Joe McCoy. They've done this very well I thought building him up to be such a dick. The indignation he shows that the principal had to phone child services after he slapped the shit out of his own kid was ludicrous.

Quite liked seeing McCoy get fucking pumelled as well as he is an annoying gaylord. Matt Saracen on the other hand is a wonderous beast of a man.

You knew, you just knew that him and Tim wouldn't be staying next season. You could tell.

Coach Taylor getting fucked over to East Dillon is quite simply brilliant.

Season 4 First 3 Ep
MATT FOR FUCKS SAKE BIG LAD MATTTTTT WHAT ARE YOU DOING MATTTTTTTTT :( Why does nobody ever fucking help that guy out. Tammy spent 2 years getting Tyra into College, got Landry to tutor Tim Riggins in the hope of making him independent but yet nobody thinks hey we should offer Matt more help as he's the sole carer for his grandmother.

Glad Lyla has fucked off. She was annoying. Tyra as well.

Coach Taylor at East Dillon reminds me a lot of Brian Clough in the Damned United at Derby and Hartlepool. Clearing up the stadium etc. I think he's going to add a softer side to his coaching as well because the kids wont always react well to getting yelled at.

I like Stan, I think its stan he's good fun. I'm sort of convinced that waitress girls dad is going to come on board and start coaching. I think that would give them an in to the community as well.

I guess Buddy is coming aboard soon.

Bit worried Luke is going to get fucked in a gangland type way.

Season 4 New Characters :-

Stan the coach :- Hilarious. Enjoying a new comedy character. I actually think Taylor is one of the best comedy actors around I loves him.

Singer Girl :- Yeah not too fussed on her right now

Waitress Girl :- Didn't catch her first name but MERRIWEATHER be her surname. She is hot.

Vince :- Yo vince wassup with your face homie. You seem to have massive muscles to the sides of your lips. I think I like Vince although his mum is a drug addict so I DUNNO...

Luke :- He's no Matt Saracen

Aussie_Outlaw
March 4th, 2011, 4:51 AM
Vince is also from Season 1 of The Wire.

Waitress is Jess.

Singer is Becky.

son_of_foley
March 4th, 2011, 5:03 AM
Cheers Dizzy

Myles
March 4th, 2011, 4:18 PM
vince = wallace

he's a bad ass.

Chris Scott
March 5th, 2011, 8:57 AM
ffs sof, do you not work or watch anything else? :D

son_of_foley
March 8th, 2011, 1:54 PM
I just watched episodes 4 and 5 last night. Fucking hell. 5 in particular was one of the best episodes of television I've seen in a long long time. I thought the emotion involved felt so real and true and puts shame to many other higher profile television shows. I thought Zac Gilford was incredible.

Story discussion below

The scene at the taylors was brilliant. It started off ropey but he absolutely drove it home.
If this show does not end with Matt Saracen having a happy life I am going to murder the writers.

One question was his reaction to the McCoys due to a general dislike of them by himself, by the town or due to the incident at the party with JD?

I like that Luke called JD JD McDick. That made me chuckle for a bit. I like Luke.

son_of_foley
March 10th, 2011, 4:40 AM
None of you lads have any comment on the episode "the son"? Jesus, I thought it was brilliant

Bert
March 10th, 2011, 4:13 PM
Well I watched it months ago, but yeah it was great.

son_of_foley
March 20th, 2011, 6:15 PM
I finished it last night. What a show.

Chris Scott
March 31st, 2011, 3:31 AM
Finally watched the last episode of season 3, waiting for 4 to download now.

Yeah I enjoyed season 3.

son_of_foley
March 31st, 2011, 3:39 AM
I think it peaked at the end of 3 but 4 and 5 were very enjoyable. Some of the new characters I didn't care much for but the rest was good.

Interesting that a show about a football team had so many female characters

Seth82
March 31st, 2011, 6:24 AM
I used to really like this show

but they have yet to do a season that were as great as seasons one and two

I do usually buy the dvd's when they come out

and I think it's more then just a show about football obviously

son_of_foley
March 31st, 2011, 9:18 AM
Yeah I just feel a lot of shows try and avoid having too many female characters as they dont know how to do it. Entourage for example.

RFF Champ
March 31st, 2011, 12:37 PM
I think I enjoyed 4 and 5 as much as 1, 2and 3. Once I got to grips with the new characters it was only uphill. Vince, the Riggins and Coach's storys were all top notch and then comedy characters like Tanker were pretty cool.

Myles
March 31st, 2011, 12:47 PM
Luke was a bit of a knob though.

Dr Isaac Yankem DDS
April 5th, 2011, 4:04 PM
Just got the first disc of season 5 from Netflix and I can't wait to finish the series. It seems like 5 seasons is about perfect for the series.

Bert
July 14th, 2011, 11:40 PM
http://www.tv.com/is-a-friday-night-lights-movie-in-the-works/story/26253.html?tag=hotspot;gumball;1

... Friday Night Lights producer Peter Berg has apparently stated that he'd like to make a movie adaptation of the TV series featuring stars Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton.

:panic: :hyper: :panic: :hyper: :panic: :hyper: :panic: :hyper: :panic: :hyper: :panic: :hyper: :panic: :hyper: :panic: :hyper: :panic: :hyper: :panic: :hyper:

(stupid 20 image limit)

Aussie_Outlaw
July 14th, 2011, 11:54 PM
So it'll be a movie of a tv series of a movie of a book.

Lovely.

RFF Champ
July 15th, 2011, 5:17 AM
I'm all for a movie, I'd absolutely love it. It won't ever happen though, the show was never that popular really.

son_of_foley
July 15th, 2011, 5:29 AM
FUCKING HELL I HOPE ITS A DOCUMENTARY ABOUT MATT SARACEN

Chris Scott
July 15th, 2011, 4:48 PM
What on how boring he was.

Billy Jones
July 15th, 2011, 4:56 PM
Matt Saracen was a wonderful young man dammit!

On a side note, this should be required reading for fans of the show: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6766070/clear-eyes-full-hearts-lose

It's an "oral history" of the show as told by producers, directors and most members of the cast. Goes through the inception of the show to casting to shooting scenes to the end of the series.

RFF Champ
July 25th, 2011, 6:08 AM
I started the rewatch last night. I bought Season one on DVD years ago but have only just got round to watching again.

The first episode sets out a good storyline but it doesn't really make the characters that likeable. I warmed to pretty much most of them eventually and the character formation was great from what I remember, I never warmed to Jason Street though.

son_of_foley
July 25th, 2011, 6:10 AM
I shouted out CLEAR EYES FULL HEARTS yesterday during an advert for Julie Taylors new film. Not my proudest moment

RFF Champ
July 25th, 2011, 2:37 PM
I always want to say it before five a side.

RFF Champ
July 28th, 2011, 5:14 AM
I saw the trailer for Coach Taylor's new movie last night 'super 8'. The trailer had plenty of that angry whisper he does all the time, I was loving it.

Canuck
July 28th, 2011, 3:21 PM
Good film. He didn't show much diversity, but he was still good.

Bert
August 3rd, 2011, 7:12 PM
Connie Britton is starring in a new show.

And she has bondage sex!

http://forums.rajah.com/showthread.php?p=6768762

Myles
August 4th, 2011, 1:14 AM
I didnt like how The QB was in grade 12, yet his boy and girlfriend were two years younger? It didn't make much sesne, and was just an example of a problem that shows that focus on highschool kids have... the kids age and can't be in grade 12 forever. So instead lets pretend someone in grade 12 would be best friends with someone in grade 9?

That would never fly in real life, maybe the girlfriend but not the all star QB and the drunk 9th grader....

Aussie_Outlaw
August 4th, 2011, 2:11 AM
Really? It's not exactly a big school. It seems natural enough.

Matt & Landry were friends beforehand for whatever reason (friendship was established before the series began) and could happen quite easily if they lived next door to each other.

I got the impression it wasn't exactly a large town as started with 1 HS which everyone went to. I'm grew up outside of the city and know half the boys in the year under me and a few more the two years below that.

Plus Matt liked Julie once he saw her for the first time and when I was in HS it was common enough for people in my year to date 2 years under. Not common but not unheard of.

Plus he's not the all star QB, he was a nothing who was thrust into QB as the all star QB was paralysed in the opening episode.

So yeah, happened in my real life, unless I'm a fictional character, it happens.

Myles
August 4th, 2011, 2:48 AM
Yea I'm talking about the QB who gets his neck broken. I know Matt was only one year older than Laundry and Julie. The QB who ends up in the wheel chair was in grade 12 when it happened, Lyla stayed in school for 3 years after that, he was also best friends with Tim who I assumed was the same age, but somehow played on the team until season 4.

One year is nothing, three is a lot.

edit: If The QB was 18 and Lyla was in grade 9, that shit is illegal. He could do time for rape.

edit: also how was Tim driving in season 1 if he was in grade 9? I understand they don't know if the show is going to go on past season 1, so they have to make him seem younger to keep him in the school, but it is things like that, that annoy me.

Aussie_Outlaw
August 4th, 2011, 2:52 AM
Lyla is 2 years behind.

Season 1: Jason is in Yr12.
Season 3: Lyla is in Yr12.

Which as I said, seems pretty normal.

Myles
August 4th, 2011, 2:54 AM
So in season 1

Jason = 12
black kid who does roids = 11
Tim, Matt, Lyla, Tera = 10
Julie, Laundry = 8 or 9?

Still when one enters grade 10 they are 15 years old, isn't it 16 to drive in the states? I'm not positive, maybe it is younger, in Canada it is 16.

son_of_foley
August 4th, 2011, 7:04 AM
Watched the movie yesterday. Not a patch on the tv series it should be erased from time