PDA

View Full Version : Football Manager Discussion (and Champo if you want)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Sean
September 29th, 2006, 4:26 PM
As I said in the other thread, that was getting too big and taking ages to open, and considering FM07 is out shortly, it makes sense to start this thread now.

Enjoy.

Nicky
September 29th, 2006, 4:27 PM
http://www.mininova.org/get/438300 Torrent for Vanilla demo :yes:

:yes: to new thread, too. Took ages to post that in other thread.

Nicky
September 29th, 2006, 5:33 PM
Had a bit of a play, a lot smarter then previous versions. The icons at the bottom now for Finances, news etc etc are a good improvement. To continue, its now in the bottom left (small football) rather then bottom right, or space bar.

Pre-game teamtalks are cool. "I expect a win", "No pressure tonight" etc are there. Loading screens are much improved. As results get processed it shows you a mini breakdown with scorers, as well as variously flashing up hints and tips. Makes the seconds feel not so long.

When you get a news item about a player, you get a mini summary of him on the screen - positions, value etc. Nice addition. Player pictures seem to be more prominant too, although they were lacking in the demo. The lack of "needs first team experience" as an option for sending out players on-loan is still a bit annoying. Same options as before.

Oh, you can request to have a feeder club for you too. Not tried it yet as i'm only on a 6 month contract, and dont want to wind up Shepherd :scared:

Theres also a youth team grant available - not too sure how it works, but I presume its mainly for lower league clubs.

triley1985
September 29th, 2006, 8:08 PM
I'm getting hold of this fucker when it hits the shops!

Melv
September 29th, 2006, 10:21 PM
I am a moron with a head shaped like a potato.

Grimario
September 30th, 2006, 1:32 AM
I am a moron with a head shaped like a potato.

Unfair Sean, unfair. :nono:

Going to download the demo now and do some housework :irked: while its going. :hyper:

What's the official release date? I'm a lazy sod and cannot be arsed looking about for it.

Melv
September 30th, 2006, 6:22 AM
Seriously, the best part about the old thread was being able to talk about all the Champo and FM games in one place.

Sean
September 30th, 2006, 6:56 AM
Well I'll rename this to Football Manager Discussion then. :blah:

Alf
September 30th, 2006, 6:58 AM
Seriously, this thread is bollocks. Stick to the old one.

Sean
September 30th, 2006, 7:09 AM
Alright then, I'll do that now.

Melv
September 30th, 2006, 9:02 AM
Well I'll rename this to Football Manager Discussion then. :blah:
Much better.

Alf
September 30th, 2006, 9:23 AM
Been playing the demo. So far so good. Not a lot of changes really.

The match engine feels more realistic to me though, just the way the players pause on the ball before passing feels better, players actually visibly accelerating is nice too (especially when you've got lennon in your team).

Training is still pointless, scouts are still pointless.

The morale keeps going all over the place.

Apart from that it's same old same old...

I'm Spurs and the only signing I've made is Boa Morte, who has been incredible.

Alf
October 1st, 2006, 10:45 AM
Team talks and players reactions to them are very odd. I suppose you have to wait until the players respect you and your stats increase before you can get it to work. Most of the time they don't listen (cool new feature... ass man gives you feedback on team talks).

I like the fact you can ask players to reccomnd staff and other players.

I still think there should be a way to create your own set peice routines. There's just a lot of detail missing from the tactics thing, sliders are one thing but I'd greater control of how they play... that's a bit waffley, anyone know what I mean?

DavidUK
October 1st, 2006, 6:54 PM
I know what you mean, but I probably wouldn't bother my arse doing it if it were added.

Game looks pretty good, couple of nice features added. Looks the part if you ask me.

Sean
October 1st, 2006, 6:58 PM
Team talks and players reactions to them are very odd. I suppose you have to wait until the players respect you and your stats increase before you can get it to work. Most of the time they don't listen (cool new feature... ass man gives you feedback on team talks).

I like the fact you can ask players to reccomnd staff and other players.

I still think there should be a way to create your own set peice routines. There's just a lot of detail missing from the tactics thing, sliders are one thing but I'd greater control of how they play... that's a bit waffley, anyone know what I mean?
That, and the rather concrete formation options. I'd like to see the ability to put the players anywhere on the pitch rather than dragging and dropping them into those holders. If that makes sense.

Melv
October 1st, 2006, 6:59 PM
That, and the rather concrete formation options. I'd like to see the ability to put the players anywhere on the pitch rather than dragging and dropping them into those holders. If that makes sense.
Yeah, I'd like to have one striker playing just off the other one, without having to drop him back to AMC.

El Capitano Gatisto
October 1st, 2006, 7:28 PM
That's where creative freedom and individual traits comes into play. The AMC position is "the hole" anyway. The amount of control given to you is generally correct because the role of the manager is to get the right players, assign positions and give instuctions. You can't play the game for them. I haven't had a look at the new FM but the previous game had tactics pretty well covered.

The problem with it for me was the game engine. Once you worked out how to play it the game became easy, the tactical options given were fine but there were certain tactical decisions that "worked" rather than being able to tailor tactics to your players and a system you'd prefer to play.

Beefy
October 3rd, 2006, 5:11 PM
Been playing the new game this evening with Southend. Went unbeaten through pre-season and just did Sunderland 4-2 at their place in the first league match of the season.

So far so good.

Our 4th goal came from a penalty which Sunderland disputed. Roy Keane just got into trouble with the FA for contesting it and now I'm embroiled in a war of words with him over whether my lad dived for it.

Oimoi
October 3rd, 2006, 5:25 PM
Yeah, I'd like to have one striker playing just off the other one, without having to drop him back to AMC.

That's what the mentality bar is for.

Alf
October 3rd, 2006, 5:28 PM
No, it's not.

Melv is talking more about a postion than a mentality. I know mentality determines how far up (or down) the pitch they play to some degree. But what melv is talking about is having better control of WHERE on the pitch you want them to be.

The old with/without ball thing did this a treat.

Melv
October 3rd, 2006, 5:29 PM
Aye, basically.

Beefy
October 3rd, 2006, 5:40 PM
But you can determine pretty much where your players play using the mentality and forward-runs sliders.

If you want to play a striker just off of the targetman you just drop his mentality down to somewhere around the middle and stick his forward runs onto 'rarely'. It doesn't reduce his attacking mentality or stop him from making his forward runs, it just alters his starting position.

Alf
October 3rd, 2006, 5:50 PM
Yes, but you can't place the player in the exact position you want him.

That's what bothers me. Great, I can move him to one of 20 positions on the field. That's not enough and that's not real football. Formations just ain't that rigid.

Beefy
October 3rd, 2006, 6:06 PM
You can't place a player in an exact position in real life either. What you're suggesting just wouldn't be realistic. A manager wouldn't be able to get a player to play in as specific a position as you're talking about. That's not football.

Theres nothing rigid about the FM formations. The players have starting positions which can be altered by the arrows and their movements from those positions are dependent on their mentalities, whether they're supposed to be looking to close the opposition down, whether they're supposed to be looking to cross the ball, etc.

To be honest, I think they give you far too much control over your formation. Not just because it slows the game down but because it gives you a level of control over your tactics that I just don't believe that real managers have.

turdpower
October 3rd, 2006, 6:12 PM
I downloaded the demo.

At first glance there didn't seem too many different features. But I guess there doesn't need to be.

The player interaction is good, apart from I asked Ryan Giggs to reccommend me a player and he suggested Robert Earnshaw. :(

Rooney suggested Tony Fucking Hibbert.

I also like the pre-match team talks.

Melv
October 3rd, 2006, 6:13 PM
ahahahaha Tony Hibbert.

El Capitano Gatisto
October 3rd, 2006, 6:13 PM
No, it's not.

Melv is talking more about a postion than a mentality. I know mentality determines how far up (or down) the pitch they play to some degree. But what melv is talking about is having better control of WHERE on the pitch you want them to be.

The old with/without ball thing did this a treat.

That system was completely unrealistic. Footballers aren't told where to be on the pitch at grid positions when the ball is at a certain place. The instructions FM gives are realistically what you can tell a footballer to do: get forward, stay back, take shots on, mark someone, go in hard etc.

Your way is unrealistic. The reason mental stats exist is because players decision making has to come into account as well. You can tell them what to do but you need the right players to carry out instructions or the players with the ability to do what they're being asked.

There's also the players preferred moves to take into account.

Alf
October 3rd, 2006, 6:14 PM
No no no no no!

You don't understand what I mean.

I'm not talking about replicating the actual with/without feature. I'd just like to be able to have more freedom on the primary positioning. I don't want to control their exact position all over the pitch, just... blah I give up.

El Capitano Gatisto
October 3rd, 2006, 6:15 PM
You really think it's that big a deal if you tweak them a millimetre to the left or right? You ever have a manager tell you to play 46 metres from the goal line and exactly 24 metres in-field. No, people get positions to play.

Alf
October 3rd, 2006, 6:16 PM
That system was completely unrealistic. Footballers aren't told where to be on the pitch at grid positions when the ball is at a certain place. The instructions FM gives are realistically what you can tell a footballer to do: get forward, stay back, take shots on, mark someone, go in hard etc.

Your way is unrealistic. The reason mental stats exist is because players decision making has to come into account as well. You can tell them what to do but you need the right players to carry out instructions or the players with the ability to do what they're being asked.

There's also the players preferred moves to take into account.

Actually you are wrong on the first part...when defending zonal marking works in grids :)

Hlebsfall
October 3rd, 2006, 6:17 PM
Why, whenever they release one of these games initially, can they never get the amount of injuries you can realistically expect right? I must have about fifteen fucking players injured at the moment.

El Capitano Gatisto
October 3rd, 2006, 6:26 PM
Actually you are wrong on the first part...when defending zonal marking works in grids :)

I'm not wrong in the first part, because I was referring to the with/without ball option that let you place players exactly where you wanted them to be when the ball is in any particular part of the pitch.

Zonal marking just means you stick to your own area and pass players on to someone else to mark if they leave it. It's not the same thing.

Alf
October 8th, 2006, 6:32 PM
Does anyone know if you can use your demo save game on the full version? I'm doing bloody well with Spurs and don't want to start again.

I cleared out a lot of the deadwood and signed Ribery, Boa Morte (who is incredible) and McGeady. I've sussed a formation that works at long last and after a lot of tinkering.

I'm playing a 433 with no runs out wide, the very central midfielder (Zokora) is a playmaker with free role ticked. I have the most central attacker (Mido) as a target man with the full backs and the left and right central mids all crossing to him.

It's working very well indeed.

My team looks like this:

Robbo

Chimbonda Dawson King Ekotto

Malbranque Zokora Ribery

Berbatov Mido Boa-Morte

I use McGeady and Lennon as subs for the last 30mins, with Defoe coming off the bench when needed.

Alf
October 9th, 2006, 3:58 PM
Anyone?

Alf
October 9th, 2006, 4:46 PM
I've never really used direct passing (apart from centre-backs) or target men or playmakers... I've never needed to.

I'm using all three for this game and it's made the world of difference. This is my third play through and I think I've honed my tactic to brilliance.

Beefy
October 9th, 2006, 4:52 PM
Anyone?

You've been able to every other year.

Alf
October 9th, 2006, 5:01 PM
Really?

I never knew that...

aenima
October 9th, 2006, 6:56 PM
Depends who I'm playing with whether I use direct passing or not. If I'm with a lower league side or have a crap team that isn't very good I'll use it, if I've got a team with decent technique I'll use short and mixed. I never use it with centre-backs, I always put them on short and let the midfield or full-backs start the attacks. You need someone with good passing for direct or it'll just get intercepted or headed back.

Long ball is never an option, unless your opposition is playing without a keeper for some reason. ahdsubgfyegfw8 fuck off Friday! You remember that, bitch?

son_of_foley
October 10th, 2006, 6:17 AM
Im still playing last years and just came back from a 3-0 first leg cl deficeit against bayern and beat them 5-3 on Agg with the Wonder-HLEB scoring the greatest goal of all time. I have finally got him running at defenses in the correct manner. YAY FOR ME

Alf
October 10th, 2006, 5:01 PM
How did you do it?

I'm having trouble with Defoe and Lennon and taking on defenders.

son_of_foley
October 11th, 2006, 7:14 AM
made him a playmaker gave him full creative freedom and told him to run with the ball. He goes on hazy runs and its lovely

RFF Champ
October 13th, 2006, 5:19 AM
Pre-ordered my copy on FM 07 yesterday. Can't bloody wait.

I refuse to job. Ever.
October 13th, 2006, 1:25 PM
I hope to Christ Villa have Randy Lerner as their chairman on this and not Doug Ellis... :fingersx:

Hlebsfall
October 14th, 2006, 6:29 AM
I hope to Christ Villa have Randy Lerner as their chairman on this and not Doug Ellis... :fingersx:

Randy is the chairman on the demo, so you should be alright.

heel4hire
October 14th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Less than a week to go :hyper:

Can you use the old skins in the new game? The standard skin is pants.

Grimario
October 14th, 2006, 11:10 PM
Arsenal are fucking delicious in FM2007. Absofuckinglutely delicious.

£20m transfer kitty, spent £11.25 on Igor Akinfeev and £7.5m on Leighton Baines, since Clichy is out with a mid length injury. Playing a 4-3-2-1 with Baptista and Rosicky in behind Henry, Van Persie and Hleb tearing it up the sidelines and Fabregas sitting in behind the attacking front 5 playing the role of anchor man. Delicious!

Just ate Rovers at Ewood Park 5-1.

Delicious!

Melv
October 15th, 2006, 4:25 AM
I'm hungry now.

Grimario
October 15th, 2006, 4:30 AM
Go eat a haggis.

Melv
October 15th, 2006, 4:32 AM
Sausage & Bacon instead.

Haggis isn't for breakfast.

Grimario
October 15th, 2006, 4:38 AM
Just about to the end of the demo time with Arsenal. Have had a horrible run of injuries with Rosicky, Hleb, van Persie, Batista and Silva (on loan from Valencia) all picking up injuries. Had to shift to a 4132 for the time being as I just don't have the midfielders to put on the pitch. It's so dire in this, what I believe to be my last match, that my wingers are Eboue and Clichy with Flamini at DL and Gallas at DR. :nono: Ah well, finished 1-1 hosting Villa, should have won it but conceded a late equaliser :nono:

18 games into the league season, I have a 12-3-3 record with losses at home to Liverpool and Fulham :nono: and away to Wigan. Topped my CL group of Roma/Spartak Moscow/Olympiakos with 5 wins and a draw away to Roma. And knocked out of the League Cup by Man Utd, once again at Ashburton Grove. My home form sucks more than my away form :chin:

Henry has 15 league goals, 2 clear of Berbatov. Toure is currently the highest rated player in the league, 7.71 from 17 appearances.

I am going to :heart: FM2007 in a few weeks.

Grimario
October 15th, 2006, 5:13 AM
Okay, so I wasn't completely finished. The demo ended with a 4-0 win over Portsmouth then a 0-0 draw at home to Bolton. 13-4-3 with F43/A14. If Liverpool and Man Utd win their game in hand, they will be equal 3rd on 42 points. If Tottenham win their 2 games in hand, they will be equal 1st on 43 points with me. If Chelsea win their 2 games in hand, they will be on 39 points, equal with Aston Villa and one point clear of Fulham. At the end of the demo, Sheffield Utd look in trouble with only 8 points from 19 outtings. 4 points separate Watford (14pt), Reading, Blackburn, Bolton and Portsmouth (18pt) from 19th-15th. Henry is still god, 3 clear of Berbatov on the goal charts now :heart:

How long till it is out? :cry:

Alf
October 15th, 2006, 5:33 AM
A week!

I can't wait to resume my game. I've tried playing it through again but I love my old game too much.

Are you finding it harder than before? I'm finding that I have to interact with the squad a lot more to keep them happy.

Also, I hate negotiating with teams for transfers. They take the chronic piss.

Baines is god-like. I've been plotting to get him in Jan.

Grimario
October 15th, 2006, 5:42 AM
Tottenham snapped him up in 3 different games I started.... had to offer him £27k a week to get him away from them :nono:

I'm not sure manager related stuff is fully integrated into the demo. I have been able to play with various comments, fucking about constantly and see no negative or positive effect. :dunno: I know my stats have not budged in the demo at all :dunno:

I tried going back to FM2006 yesterday just to fill in time before 2007 came out but I can't. It's like going back to a single bed after years in a king size or back to a 640x480 resolution after years at 1600x1200... it just isn't good enough.

Or something.

Spurs have signed a lad called Modric every game so far and Berbatov splashes a large load of semen onto the young lad, waxing lyrical about how brilliant he is.

Alf
October 15th, 2006, 5:53 AM
He always signs for Villa in my game. And it's Petrov that cums all over his little face!

Manager comments can destroy the team in one fell swoop on mine. If I get the wrong pleased, delighted thing wrong then the player loses confidence in me immediately. I've had to stick to a rule of any rating of 8 and above gets delighted and anything else is pleased. I think if you are winning it doesn't matter what you say. But when you start it's a minefield.

Same with praising players, if you choose the wrong option it's mood city.

I'm sick of teams taking the piss with transfers. To sell a player I have to lower his price dramatically, to buy a player I always have to come up to their valuation which is usually about 5 mil more than they are worth.... and their negotiation is ridiculous.

For example. Ribery is worth about 5 mil. If I bid 14 then they negotiated to 16, I meet them half way at 15 and they negotiate for 18. Madness.

Hlebsfall
October 15th, 2006, 6:10 AM
Injuries still fuck me off with this. Why can they never get a good balance with the first version of the game? Considering this is like the 47th Champo installment, you'd think they could get it pretty accurate straight off the bat. Anyway, I've played a good few games on this.

Started off with the Arsenal, bought that Modric for about 1.4 mil, WE'VE GOT OURSELF A BRAND NEW CHEAT PLAYER PEOPLE. Yeah, he is pretty immense.

Next up, had a go with Juventus. by the end of the demo, I had them up to about 6th, Trezeguet eats that second division alive. Going to give them a proper go when the full game comes out. Should be interesting, because the average age of the first team must be about 37.

At work I had a go with Chelsea, just because it's like playing with the cheats on, and seeing what I could do with the 75mil budget you get. Torres, Maxi Rodriguez, Ponzio and Chiellini, with about 9 mil in change. Torres is even more ridiculous on this game than he is in previous versions. Scored a hattrick on his debut, and then four in his next game. Then continued this run, by scoring in something like the next 15 games straight.

Now having a fanny about with Barcelona. you only get a budget of 3 million, so nothing really exiting to report about this one yet.

Alf
October 15th, 2006, 6:23 AM
Juve would be a good game I reckon. A nice challenge.

Grimario
October 15th, 2006, 9:44 AM
Injuries still fuck me off with this. Why can they never get a good balance with the first version of the game? Considering this is like the 47th Champo installment, you'd think they could get it pretty accurate straight off the bat. Anyway, I've played a good few games on this.

Started off with the Arsenal, bought that Modric for about 1.4 mil, WE'VE GOT OURSELF A BRAND NEW CHEAT PLAYER PEOPLE. Yeah, he is pretty immense.

Next up, had a go with Juventus. by the end of the demo, I had them up to about 6th, Trezeguet eats that second division alive. Going to give them a proper go when the full game comes out. Should be interesting, because the average age of the first team must be about 37.

At work I had a go with Chelsea, just because it's like playing with the cheats on, and seeing what I could do with the 75mil budget you get. Torres, Maxi Rodriguez, Ponzio and Chiellini, with about 9 mil in change. Torres is even more ridiculous on this game than he is in previous versions. Scored a hattrick on his debut, and then four in his next game. Then continued this run, by scoring in something like the next 15 games straight.

Now having a fanny about with Barcelona. you only get a budget of 3 million, so nothing really exiting to report about this one yet.

Haven't played as Cheatski (oh my, how original!) yet... but am giving Barcelona a go right now. The same 4-3-2-1 tactic I was using with Arsenal is perfect for Barca because they have a veritable fuckton of attacking midfielders.

Valdes

Beletti - Puyol - Marquez - Zambrotta

Giuly ----- Xavi ----- Ronaldinho

Deco ----- Messi

Eto'o

Forward arrows for Giuly and Ronaldinho. Short passing, slow tempo. Luverly.

Hlebsfall
October 15th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Yeah, I went for a pretty similar formation:

Valdes

Beletti - Puyol - Marquez - Zambrotta

Xavi ----- Deco

Gudjohnson---Ronny---Messi

Eto'o

Because the three attacking midfielders are quality at playing all across the pitch, I've got all three of them swapping positions. Goals are flying in from all over the shop.

EDIT: By December, the board sort out their finances, and you end up with about 17 million to play with. Not that it really helps, as the demo ends in January.

heel4hire
October 15th, 2006, 11:54 AM
They should add a press conference element to the game. You can go out and make a world class signing and be really bloody pleased with yourself, only for there to be 2/3 line news item (which hardly tells you a lot).

It's slightly underwhelming IMO.

Thomas G
October 16th, 2006, 1:41 PM
Good news, you can continue the demo with the full version :)

DavidUK
October 16th, 2006, 1:54 PM
You're all going Barca? I can only go English teams on the demo :(

turdpower
October 16th, 2006, 3:05 PM
That's because you havn't downloaded the full demo.

Grimario
October 16th, 2006, 7:58 PM
Yer, sounds like you only got vanilla, DavidUK. Strawberry has a whole bunch of other quick starts from around Europe.

El Capitano Gatisto
October 17th, 2006, 12:34 PM
I put an order in. I haven't played the demo or anything but fuck that, this is always an exciting annual event. I can't let it go by even though I'll probably have fuck all time to play it properly.

Beefy
October 17th, 2006, 1:16 PM
I've barely played 06 since the early part of the year but I'm definately looking forward to the new game even if I've only played a couple of hours of the demo.

Got a 10-man online game lined up already. I'm Birmingham, whom I feel almost dirty for having chosen....

Alf
October 17th, 2006, 2:53 PM
I'm getting so excited about this.

Grimario
October 18th, 2006, 4:33 AM
http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b214/Grimario/?action=view&current=mottagoal.flv

That's my goal highlight from the demo. Motta with a lovely 25 yard curling shot after a lovely passing movement, some overlaping of players and a lovely nod down by Van Bronckhorst. Lovely lovely lovely. I didn't see many goals like that in FM2006, they were all more one cross and in or constant long shots. This is just a lovely constructed team goal :heart:

Melv
October 18th, 2006, 4:54 AM
.flv? How do you record one of those?

Grimario
October 18th, 2006, 4:58 AM
I didn't. Just Hypercam'd it with.. err, Hypercam and uploaded it to Photobucket. I assume the .flv was photobucket's doing, not mine. Quite funky though, didn't even know they did it till just now.

Melv
October 18th, 2006, 5:04 AM
interesting.

Hlebsfall
October 18th, 2006, 10:24 AM
//Please don't link to illegal torrents.

:panic: :hyper:

Not that I condone this sort of thing. :hyper: :hyper:

SheltonLondon
October 18th, 2006, 10:36 AM
My 'friend' has got the same version downloading off a private tracker I'm using, absolutely massive speeds on it, should have the game within the next hour or two.

All the cracks built into the archive?

MACE
October 18th, 2006, 10:41 AM
I think I may have to get this one.

I'm still playing Champ 03/04.

:$

Hlebsfall
October 18th, 2006, 10:47 AM
My 'friend' has got the same version downloading off a private tracker I'm using, absolutely massive speeds on it, should have the game within the next hour or two.

Maybe, but I know they have one on gamecopyworld.

Hlebsfall
October 18th, 2006, 11:05 AM
Oh wait, this is out today? I didn't think it came out for another week. Fuck it, I may as well go up town then.

MACE
October 18th, 2006, 11:18 AM
It's supposed to be on Friday, Hopesfall. But a lot of stores have broken street date, like me.

I'd check with your local gaming store first.

:yes:

Ian Taylor
October 18th, 2006, 11:20 AM
New computer gets here tomorrow.

Think I'll nip to Tesco and pick this up tonight in preperation.

Half term next week aswell. GET IN.

Incidentally, looking at the Tesco website, it looks as though they're charging £25 for it. I won't really get it much cheaper anywhere else will I?

(Anywhere other than Hopesfall's Torrent post anyway)

MACE
October 18th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Nah, it's supposed to be £34.99, but I'm selling it at £24.99 to match Tesco.

Like I say mate, check they're selling it first because it's not supposed to be out 'til Friday.

Thomas G
October 18th, 2006, 11:58 AM
Where do you work MACE?

SheltonLondon
October 18th, 2006, 11:58 AM
You're selling it at £24.99??? What, do you work behind the tills at GAME or something?

Ian Taylor
October 18th, 2006, 12:02 PM
No, he's selling them in sealed up boxes on Camden Market

Beefy
October 18th, 2006, 1:28 PM
Apparently SI have brought the release date forward to now because so many stores broke the release date anyway and they didn't want to punish those that didn't.

Unfortunately I'm skint until friday and I'm not desperate enough to pay by cheque.

MACE
October 18th, 2006, 1:39 PM
I'm the manager of big computer store.

Alf
October 18th, 2006, 1:58 PM
FUCK, why did no one tell me?

I'm bust till Monday now so won't be able to play it :(

Alf
October 18th, 2006, 2:16 PM
Anyone got a torrent for it?

I'll go and buy it tomorrow lunch time... I just can't wait.

MACE
October 18th, 2006, 2:34 PM
On the previous page, Alf. :yes:

Alf
October 18th, 2006, 2:41 PM
http://www.sortitoutsi.net/index.php?page=downloads&area=file&fileid=2475

Links for the kits.

Alf
October 18th, 2006, 2:42 PM

...and you won't share it with the group?

COme on lad. I need some footyman.

Beefy
October 18th, 2006, 2:53 PM
On the previous page, Alf....

Post 71

Alf
October 18th, 2006, 3:01 PM
I know, I'm talking about him and his private tracker with high speeds.

Just to make it clear. Even if you download it you should go the the shops and pay the paltry 25 notes, you need to support this game. Think of how many hours of joy you get from it...

Alf
October 18th, 2006, 4:10 PM
The razor torrent is infected apparently.

Be careful.

DavidUK
October 18th, 2006, 4:14 PM
And now it's not working at all.

:(

Alf
October 18th, 2006, 4:17 PM
How so?

DavidUK
October 18th, 2006, 4:25 PM
"We could not process the selected torrent. Please try again."

:dunno:

StevieV
October 18th, 2006, 5:29 PM
I'm the manager of big computer store.

That is a class name for a computer store mate.

Hobbit
October 18th, 2006, 5:36 PM
So good it apparently doesn't need capitalisation either :eek:

DJAOAS
October 18th, 2006, 6:44 PM
Anyone found any good players yet?

Beefy
October 18th, 2006, 7:02 PM
Cheat.

SheltonLondon
October 18th, 2006, 7:09 PM
I've got the bloody Razor torrent better not be infected.

Also, the private tracker is http://www.araditracker.com (http://www.araditracker.com/)

Get all my Lost and shit off there aswell.

Melv
October 18th, 2006, 7:11 PM
I'm downloading it now, the comments on it on torrentspy don't have anything so I think it's safe.

SheltonLondon
October 18th, 2006, 7:14 PM
Yer looked on Aradi and they said they had heard the rumours but it was clean. Works fine for me anyway, just getting stuck into it.

Melv
October 18th, 2006, 7:14 PM
Leaving this to download overnight, Tomorrow will be a mammoth FM day.

Alf
October 18th, 2006, 8:02 PM
So far so good.

It looks like they have ironed out a lot of bugs.

Negotiating works, no more morale roller coasters, no more mega injury crisis.

My 433 is working treats. I just tried out using tight marking with closing down always... works like a charm, the opponents don't even get a sniff at goal.

I've signed Baines for 6 mil (on the demo you could only get him for 7+) I'm waiting for a work permit for Petrov, he'll be 9mil (about 22 on the demo). I had a bid accepted for Downing at 16 mil (about 22 on the demo) and Ribery at 9 mil (about 17 on the demo). So far so good.

I missed out on signing Modric, gutted :(

Hlebsfall
October 18th, 2006, 8:02 PM
The torrent Is alright, I'm playing it now.

Alf
October 18th, 2006, 8:05 PM
Yeah, the torrent is fine, I checked it.

MACE
October 19th, 2006, 6:20 AM
http://www.sortitoutsi.net/index.php?page=downloads&area=file&fileid=2475

Links for the kits.

Nice one :yes:

Without sounding like a dumb fuck, where do I unzip the file too?

EDIT: I can't get this fucking thing to work, even though I've done everything it says on the site.
I think that update is for FM06.

However, I just may be being a stupid cunt.

The Truth
October 19th, 2006, 10:17 AM
FFS. Someone help. I followed all these instuctions:

Download the files.

Open directory and there will be 38 files.

right click on one of the files and click open with.

Choose winrar.

extract to a folder of your choice in the folder there will be 2 files. a BIN file and a iso file.

Mount the BIN file to your emulator and install the game.

when the game has installed go to my computer and find the drive fm2007 has been mounted to.

click OPEN, there will be a file called razor1911 open that folder, right click the icon and choose COPY

now click your C: drive and go to programme files. Scroll down to sports interactive and choose football manager 2007.

right click in the folder and click PASTE when it asks if you want to replace click YES

There is no Sports Interactive folder in Program Files.

:nono:

I click on FM07 which is in the E drive and it says "Preparing installaton, etc." but nothing happens.

Melv
October 19th, 2006, 10:22 AM
You've either not installed the game, or installed it someplace different.

The Truth
October 19th, 2006, 10:26 AM
How do I install it then? I click 'setup' it says "preparing setup" and then it does nothing.

Melv
October 19th, 2006, 11:18 AM
How do I install it then? I click 'setup' it says "preparing setup" and then it does nothing.
Mine worked fine. How long are you giving it before you give up?

The Truth
October 19th, 2006, 11:26 AM
It's working now. :\ Bit random, but meh.

:hyper: INSTALLING!

Thomas G
October 19th, 2006, 11:38 AM
i

Melv
October 19th, 2006, 11:39 AM
I just left mine overnight.

The Truth
October 19th, 2006, 11:55 AM
:nono:

Now it says "Did not find font resource: vag rounded bt"

MY KINGDOM FOR SOME HELP!

goldbird
October 19th, 2006, 12:06 PM
I've been trying to beat Chelski .. it seems that they are unbeatable! :mad:

Alf
October 19th, 2006, 1:32 PM
Truth, are you using daemon tools?

The Truth
October 19th, 2006, 1:37 PM
Yeah.

The start loads, but the screen goes black after one of the advertising things and the message "Did not find font resource: vag rounded bt" appears.

Alf
October 19th, 2006, 1:38 PM
Has it got the safedisk emulation on?

The Truth
October 19th, 2006, 1:43 PM
It didn't, but I've just changed it and I get the same message. :\

Actually, it doesn't just appear. It just goes black and the little football in the corner stops spinning, I press Ctrl, Alt, Del and then the message comes up.

Alf
October 19th, 2006, 1:45 PM
Wait, have you installed the game or not?

Ah, I see you have, have you used the crack?

RuneEdge
October 19th, 2006, 1:55 PM
Try changing the compatibility mode to Win2000 for the .exe. That usually works sometimes.

MACE
October 19th, 2006, 2:01 PM
Anyone? Help?

Alf
October 19th, 2006, 2:14 PM
Nice one :yes:

Without sounding like a dumb fuck, where do I unzip the file too?

EDIT: I can't get this fucking thing to work, even though I've done everything it says on the site.
I think that update is for FM06.

However, I just may be being a stupid cunt.

Make sure it's installed to the right path. Check to see if the pictures are int he directory. Make sure the xml file is in there with them. Check your ingame preferences, make sure the graphics options are correct.

Did you start a new game?

MACE
October 19th, 2006, 2:20 PM
Yeah, checked that all the pics and stuff were in there, and they are. Now then, what's this xml file you speak of?
And what graphic options do I need to change?

Yeah, started a new game.

Cheers Alf...

EDIT: Here's the link to the FM07 page...
http://www.sortitoutsi.net/index.php?page=downloads&area=gfx&game=fm2007

Alf
October 19th, 2006, 2:27 PM
The xml is what makes it all work. It tags the pics to an area or player or team etc...

The zip file has an xml with all the images, make sure that is in the folder too.

I don't know what options you need to change, I can't see your computer, read the options and use your noggin to see what, if anything, needs changing.

Tell me what path they are installed too.

MACE
October 19th, 2006, 2:34 PM
Ok, the game is installed too:

D:Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2007\

There's also a folder that's in My Documents (My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2007)

What's this one?

Alf
October 19th, 2006, 2:48 PM
No... what path did you install the graphics to?

MACE
October 19th, 2006, 2:52 PM
Ah, sorry mate. I really am being a dumb fuck today.

D:Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2007\data\graphics\pictures\kits\clubs\eng

It then created its own folder called 'premier' and in there are all the kits, along with aforementioned config.xml file.

They just don't show when I start a new game...

:\

MACE
October 19th, 2006, 2:58 PM
I'm just downloading the Premiership Face Pack file too.

This is my first Football Manager title you see, so never done this updating/downloading/installing lark.

So, sorry for being a stupid cunt. Your help is very much appreciated.

:cheers:

Alf
October 19th, 2006, 3:09 PM
I don't think it should have the prem folder.

Where did you get the prem facepack?

MACE
October 19th, 2006, 3:16 PM
I've sussed it.

You need to fuck about with stuff in the preferences. :yes:

I don't think it should have the prem folder.

Yeah, it needs it. Other wise, the config file over writes the old one with all the other info on.

Where did you get the prem facepack?

Face Pack...
http://www.sortitoutsi.net/index.php?page=downloads&area=file&fileid=2278

All I need is Team Logo's and I've got the fucking lot.

Happy days.

Cheers though Alf mate.

Alf
October 19th, 2006, 3:40 PM
I need logos too... if you find some gooduns send a link.

Oimoi
October 19th, 2006, 3:45 PM
I usually don't give a fuck about illegally downloading games/music etc but I have a strange sense of loyalty to FM and its creators.

Buy the game you thieving fucks.

Thomas G
October 19th, 2006, 3:47 PM
i

Alf
October 19th, 2006, 3:47 PM
Exactly what I feel too. I just get so much time out of it that 25 quid is nothing.

Bought mine this morning :yes:

DJAOAS
October 19th, 2006, 4:52 PM
If I had a job, i'd probably buy it.

But I've not got any money anyway, so it's not like SI are losing the 25 quid.

:shifty:

El Capitano Gatisto
October 19th, 2006, 5:03 PM
Those Amazon wankers didn't send mine out until this evening. I tried to cancel it this morning so I could get it in town but they said it was ready to be dispatched. It probably won't be until Saturday now. I will probably have a half day tomorrow as well. Wankers.

Alf
October 19th, 2006, 6:15 PM
I've sussed it.

You need to fuck about with stuff in the preferences. :yes:

Yeah, it needs it. Other wise, the config file over writes the old one with all the other info on.

Face Pack...
http://www.sortitoutsi.net/index.php?page=downloads&area=file&fileid=2278

All I need is Team Logo's and I've got the fucking lot.

Happy days.

Cheers though Alf mate.

I can't get the face pack or the logos to work. The shirts thing works a treat. How did you get the facepack working?

The Truth
October 19th, 2006, 6:17 PM
Those Amazon wankers didn't send mine out until this evening. I tried to cancel it this morning so I could get it in town but they said it was ready to be dispatched. It probably won't be until Saturday now. I will probably have a half day tomorrow as well. Wankers.

Buy it from the shop and take the Amazon one back on Saturday.

Alf
October 19th, 2006, 6:19 PM
Facepacks are now working.

Now it's the logos.

The Comet Kid
October 19th, 2006, 6:22 PM

You've got 30 days to return anything from an online shop as long as its not opened.

Im getting the torrent till I get paid and can afford it, can I just burn it to cd rather than mess about with daemon tools?

Hlebsfall
October 19th, 2006, 6:23 PM
You've got 30 days to return anything from an online shop as long as its not opened.

Im getting the torrent till I get paid and can afford it, can I just burn it to cd rather than mess about with daemon tools?

Yeah.

Hlebsfall
October 19th, 2006, 6:24 PM
I've got the logos working. I know that isn't much comfort for you Alfred, but I thought I'd let you know.

Melv
October 19th, 2006, 6:24 PM
I can't get sortitoutsi to work :mad:

Alf
October 19th, 2006, 6:33 PM
sortit is running really badly.

How did you get them working hopesful?

El Capitano Gatisto
October 19th, 2006, 6:38 PM
I'm not returning the thing just so I can play Champo for a day extra. It's just a bit irritating. Usually they get their games delivered on the day or the day before the release date.

Hlebsfall
October 19th, 2006, 6:48 PM
sortit is running really badly.

How did you get them working hopesful?

Extract to \My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2007\

You can make your own sub folders if you want to keep it tidy (eg graphics\logos\clubs\eng\)

Untick skin cache on the display preferences, tick always reload skin, then confirm. The logos should now show up, you can go back and tick skin cache and untick always reload skin.

Hlebsfall
October 19th, 2006, 7:14 PM
The one thing that pisses me off with this game is the highlight speed. On the previous versions, I have always had it on the top speed, and it has run fine. On this one, stick it on the top speed, and everyone is running round the pitch like fuck buggery. Stick it down a notch, and it runs like slow motion. Hopefully they will sort it with a patch, because it's pissing me off.

Melv
October 19th, 2006, 7:20 PM
Yeah, I noticed that too. It's a bit annoying.

SheltonLondon
October 20th, 2006, 6:43 AM
What I like is that it is sort of less predictable when there will/won't be a goal. In the old game you could almost guarantee that if you had a shot on target in that particular highlight you weren't going to score.

Once I sort all the facepacks and shit out I should be nicely into this.

Thomas G
October 20th, 2006, 9:08 AM
i

Winkle van Tinkle
October 20th, 2006, 9:09 AM
Just installed the torrent version now.

When i click the desktop icon, it say's insert disc. What should i do?

Kill yourself.

Thomas G
October 20th, 2006, 9:15 AM
Thanks, it worked.

STONE COLD
October 20th, 2006, 3:11 PM
How come this doesn't work for me :(

Hlebsfall
October 20th, 2006, 3:39 PM
How comes what doesn't work?

Doink
October 20th, 2006, 3:44 PM
pissing me off that i can’t find a good affordable right back

city have turned down my entire £9m budget for richards and nobody else comes close :(

Oimoi
October 20th, 2006, 5:37 PM
I can't get the fucking workload bar in training to work. Whenever I try and change it, it just resets back to medium. Bug? Or am I just being fick and not doing something really obvious?

Love the feature where you can ask players to suggest potential signings - Tobias Hysen recommended me some 18 year old centre back from Djurgardens and he looks pretty promising, gonna make a bid for him in January I think.

Alf
October 20th, 2006, 6:29 PM
You need to make a new schedule to change the workload.

Is it just me... or has common sense become a fucking commodity?

Melv
October 20th, 2006, 6:55 PM
I love the feeder club scheme. Set up Hibs as a feeder club and I've send Salif Diao and one of my 18 year old strikers up there on loan.

Oimoi
October 20th, 2006, 7:07 PM
You need to make a new schedule to change the workload.

Is it just me... or has common sense become a fucking commodity?

Same thing happens when I try that, except this time it resets the workload to 'none'. You MUST be able to alter the workload in the default training. I have a feeling that I've got some option checked saying my assistant manager handles training or something like that but I can't find it anywhere (and yes, I have looked at manager options).

Alf
October 20th, 2006, 7:11 PM
You CAN'T alter the workload on the default training. It's as simple as that.

Oimoi
October 20th, 2006, 8:09 PM
What's the point in there being a bar there then? It's not even greyed out.

Alf
October 20th, 2006, 8:16 PM
It is on mine. Have you changed the skin?

Alf
October 21st, 2006, 5:42 AM
If you like scoring goals from free-kicks then sign Petrov. Brilliant.

I've never had a player score so many on Footyman.

Melv
October 21st, 2006, 5:44 AM
This game really is brilliant. I signed this young Rwandan bloke, and he's homesick so my assistant is telling me to sign another Rwandan.

I have Bellamy 'tutoring' him, and I complained about a penalty given against me and the FA didn't do anything.

Alf
October 21st, 2006, 5:49 AM
AHAHAHAHA fucking hell...

Davids just got sent off for headbutted Fabregas. :yes:

Alf
October 21st, 2006, 5:51 AM
It gets better...

They scored a penalty... and it seems my team thought 'fuck that'... they just scored 4 goals in 10 minutes. Petrov with 2. Gloooorious.

Alf
October 21st, 2006, 6:01 AM
5-2 was the end result. Superb. I'm being hailed as a tactical genius by Tottenham fans :yes:

God I love this game.

I wish I could give Davids a bonus. I've never laughed so much at a sending off.

Alf
October 21st, 2006, 6:03 AM
I can't remember how you link players... I remember in the demo I could make Tom Huddlestone train with Davids and stuff like that.

Anyone remember?

Melv
October 21st, 2006, 6:15 AM
I can't remember how you link players... I remember in the demo I could make Tom Huddlestone train with Davids and stuff like that.

Anyone remember?
Go to Huddlestone, and choose 'player interaction'. At the bottom you can choose which player to link them with, and then choose the interaction from the list.

Alf
October 21st, 2006, 6:18 AM
Ahhhh, thanks Melv...

My very next legaue fixture was Arsenal away... Berbatov just scored from past the half way line. Awesome. 3-0 away. I love this game...

Thomas G
October 21st, 2006, 10:30 AM
I've basically sent my whole reserve team to Aberdeen. There 3rd in the league now.

Alf
October 21st, 2006, 11:50 AM
'They're'. They are.

Jesus christ... At least try!

Thomas G
October 21st, 2006, 12:11 PM
Get a life.

Alf
October 21st, 2006, 12:29 PM
Get an education. Fuckwit.

Thomas G
October 21st, 2006, 2:32 PM
Get a Girlfriend.

Alf
October 21st, 2006, 2:56 PM
:wtf:

I have you silly twit.

Anyway, back to the thread.

Has anyone else got a problem where whenever one of your top players gets injured it's always for 1 month +?

It's driving me nuts.

Mikey_Jones
October 21st, 2006, 2:58 PM
Just picked up the game today. Seems a lot better than 06 so far. I've started as Arsenal and half-way through my first match. Brilliant game so far.

Flow (Ice Cold) 3000
October 21st, 2006, 7:29 PM
Davids just got sent off for headbutted Fabregas.

Yeah, you know Alf's English is perfect.

Grimario
October 21st, 2006, 8:27 PM
Release date here in Aus isn't till mid-fucking-November :irked:

Having a look about to get it shipped in like last year. :hyper: Going to see if some fool will buy 06 on Ebay for $40 or something... :chin:

Alf
October 22nd, 2006, 8:37 AM

Yeah, you know Alf's English is perfect.

It was a bad edit on my part, I stared by saying 'Davids just headbutted Fabregas' then changed it.

Gangers
October 22nd, 2006, 8:49 AM
It was a bad edit on my part, I stared by saying 'Davids just headbutted Fabregas' then changed it.

Stared? You're not doing so well here mate ;)

Alf
October 22nd, 2006, 9:10 AM
OK! I ADMIT IT! I'm a downs.

Thomas, Humble Pie never tasted so bitter :)

turdpower
October 22nd, 2006, 10:36 AM
I'm going to pop into a shop somewhere tomorrow and get this and fuck my coursework up the arse by winning the quad with United :D

Just Joe
October 22nd, 2006, 12:21 PM
Bugger. Wrong thread.

I plan to get FM after playing the demo. I like the team talk option, nice touch.

The Brothers Grimm
October 22nd, 2006, 1:01 PM
Martin Petrov or N'Zogbia for the left wing of my Spurs team?

SheltonLondon
October 22nd, 2006, 1:09 PM
The feature that I am really happy about is being able to send your player to the reserves until they're match fit. Saves me the hassle of looking at them all the time.

Signed a lovely little Argentinian lad for my Wigan team called something something Gomez, recommended by Valencia. Also signed Vyacheslav Hleb, Jason Koumas and the American Eddie Johnson.

Just got Mido on loan for 6 months aswell.

Mikey_Jones
October 22nd, 2006, 1:22 PM
Baptista is immense in my Arsenal Game. 5 goals in 6 so far including a debut hat-trick.

MACE
October 22nd, 2006, 1:25 PM
I'm having a cracking season so far.

Man Utd. Top of the league after 10 games, won 9, drawn 1.

Quality.

EDIT: Baptista's on his way to me at the end of the season.

Alf
October 22nd, 2006, 2:59 PM
Martin Petrov or N'Zogbia for the left wing of my Spurs team?

Petrov by far. I got him and he's been immense. Won the 'buy of the year' award. I got him for 9m.

I won the league with Spurs in my first season, I only bought Leighton Baines and Petrov. It came down to the last game of the season, Chelsea and Arsenal were both equal on points with me then the last game they both drew and I won. I then won the UEFA Cup :yes:

I had a massive injury crisis towards the end of the season with all my main strikers out, I only had Pekhart, who to be fair to him did bloody well.

I'm just playing the pre-season of my second season now, I've brought in Downing for 10mil and Maduro for 6mil. I'm trying to offload Keane and bring in Klose but its not looking likey. I also want to try and get Micah Richards in but I think they want silly money.

Alf
October 22nd, 2006, 3:00 PM
The feature that I am really happy about is being able to send your player to the reserves until they're match fit. Saves me the hassle of looking at them all the time.

Does it work though? I had Zokora in there for ages and he didn't get put back into my first team automatically, I still had to transfer him over.

Mikey_Jones
October 22nd, 2006, 3:18 PM
Petrov rejected me :(

I've brought Adu for 3m, Modric for 3m, Baines for 6.5m, Tomas Sivok for 2.3m and some goalie from Belharus(sp) for 1m who Hleb recommened. Also getting Lita and Danny Haynes in the future.

Only sold Diaby for 2m.

Has anyone else found that some players are ridiculously over-priced?

EDIT: Can you recall loans on this game? I'm trying to get Lupoli and Bendtner back.

SheltonLondon
October 22nd, 2006, 3:23 PM
I gather it works because I had Ryan Taylor in there whilst he was out with a broken leg and then he just appeared in my first team squad all trained up and at full fitness somewhere down the line.

SheltonLondon
October 22nd, 2006, 3:26 PM
For some reason Kelvin Davis (still at Southampton) is valued at 8 million on my game.

My god lads Eddie Johnson has been at me for about two months now and he is progressing into some player. His physical stats are all 17+ and he's got 5 in 2 for me.

This Argentine lad I've got is looking good aswell, got injured for the reserves though so got to wait a couple of months till I can play him as my playmaker.

Alf
October 22nd, 2006, 3:27 PM
Petrov rejected me :(

I've brought Adu for 3m, Modric for 3m, Baines for 6.5m, Tomas Sivok for 2.3m and some goalie from Belharus(sp) for 1m who Hleb recommened. Also getting Lita and Danny Haynes in the future.

Only sold Diaby for 2m.

Has anyone else found that some players are ridiculously over-priced?

EDIT: Can you recall loans on this game? I'm trying to get Lupoli and Bendtner back.

It depends on the loan deal. You have to specify that you want to be able to recall them.

SheltonLondon
October 22nd, 2006, 3:29 PM
Plus if the club has given you any money for them then you can't.

I imagine seeing as it is Lupoli and Bendtner that they are the real loans they are on in real life, if so you won't be able to recall them.

Mikey_Jones
October 22nd, 2006, 3:56 PM
Oh well. Thanks a lot.

connorboy
October 22nd, 2006, 4:00 PM
For some reason Kelvin Davis (still at Southampton) is valued at 8 million on my game.

My god lads Eddie Johnson has been at me for about two months now and he is progressing into some player. His physical stats are all 17+ and he's got 5 in 2 for me.

This Argentine lad I've got is looking good aswell, got injured for the reserves though so got to wait a couple of months till I can play him as my playmaker.

The Kelvin Davis thing is the "Value is the same as previous purchase price" bug, but he signed for Southampton for 800k but some stupid fool at SI added an extra 0. Hopefully this will be fixed in the patch.

Alf
October 22nd, 2006, 4:22 PM
Which Eddie Johnson?

I'm looking for a new striker. Keane just isn't doing it.

SheltonLondon
October 22nd, 2006, 4:46 PM
Eddie Johnson the black yank. He is fucking amazing. His stats won't start that great but you'll see the potential.

Mack D
October 22nd, 2006, 5:09 PM
No offence, but do any of you normally go lower teams and work yourselves up to the top flight either with them or by getting another offer ?

Or is this a case of "The game is only just come out so I'm going my favourite team" syndrome ?:D

I'm suffering from the latter too ....

Have went Rangers, 8 points clear of Celtic, drawn two and lost two. As per every year Dundee United are ridiculously better than they are in real-life thanks to the main SPL researcher being a United fan. All the Hibernian players who are potentially great have hideously high price tags on them as well.

I've signed Lee Martin permanently for £2.5 million who was on loan, Kirk Broadfoot from St Mirren who is an ace buy and a good centre-back. Callsen Bracker, a defender from Bayer Leverkusen who was on loan and then signed, then signed Jerome Boateng, 17 year old defender from Hertha Berlin (I think) all of whom have been excellent.

Sold Letizi, I am trying desperately to get Craig Gordon but as I'm in the SPL, have ran out of cash for my first season.

The Brothers Grimm
October 22nd, 2006, 5:18 PM
I always start from the bottom and work my way up, except for my first game, where I play as my favorite team in a certain league.

SheltonLondon
October 22nd, 2006, 5:21 PM
I normally do a game with MK Dons for no particular reason and always do some lower league games, but I tend to wait until I have played a few other careers out so that I have a good understanding of players and the game etc.

Sean
October 22nd, 2006, 5:21 PM
I started as Unemployed with English leagues from Conference upwards, SPL and La Liga. Rejected loads of lower league jobs, declared my interest in the Aberdeen job and got laughed at. 2 weeks later they offered me the job. They were bottom, I've managed to take them up to about mid-table so far. Not far off the end of the first season.

Some of my CLASS signings include:

Darren Anderton, Georgi Kinkladze and Gary Taylor-Fletcher.

One of my young defenders has just agreed a deal with Hull worth 230k so I can't complain really. He's only worth about 60k.

SheltonLondon
October 22nd, 2006, 5:26 PM
What pre-set reputation did you give yourself?

Sean
October 22nd, 2006, 5:32 PM
None...

Alf
October 22nd, 2006, 6:12 PM
No offence, but do any of you normally go lower teams and work yourselves up to the top flight either with them or by getting another offer ?

Or is this a case of "The game is only just come out so I'm going my favourite team" syndrome ?:D

Have went Rangers, 8 points clear of Celtic, drawn two and lost two. As per every year Dundee United are ridiculously better than they are in real-life thanks to the main SPL researcher being a United fan. All the Hibernian players who are potentially great have hideously high price tags on them as well.

I've signed Lee Martin permanently for £2.5 million who was on loan, Kirk Broadfoot from St Mirren who is an ace buy and a good centre-back. Callsen Bracker, a defender from Bayer Leverkusen who was on loan and then signed, then signed Jerome Boateng, 17 year old defender from Hertha Berlin (I think) all of whom have been excellent.

Sold Letizi, I am trying desperately to get Craig Gordon but as I'm in the SPL, have ran out of cash for my first season.

I usually get as much out of Spurs as possible and then I go for a Div 2 team.

SheltonLondon
October 22nd, 2006, 6:17 PM
Whoooooooooooooop, just got Wigan to the FA Cup Final, will be playing Chelsea so that's me in Europe aswell!!!

Sean
October 22nd, 2006, 6:31 PM
What pre-set reputation did you give yourself?

Grimario
October 22nd, 2006, 6:59 PM

I usually have one "cheat" game with Chelsea that goes on for a millenia, just so I can spend £100m each season on players if I want to. I also usually have one game where I start unemployed, a whole bunch of countries loaded all down to the lowest league and then take whatever job I can get. :heart: this game!

Might do a new Rajah Italia later this year once all the bugs are ironed out... :chin:

*edit*
I also run a year long (ie from now till FM08 comes out) network game with my best mate and Rajah nobody, Spooney, in La Liga with me as Barcelona and he as Real Madrid. I'm glad FM07 is out because I was getting absolutely murdered in 06 :irked:

Alf
October 22nd, 2006, 7:16 PM
Do it!

I have to be a star striker remember. It's forum law.

SheltonLondon
October 22nd, 2006, 7:19 PM
We going to do a network game for this one?

Make sure no one with a slow connection joins :shifty:

Grimario
October 22nd, 2006, 7:48 PM
Do it!

I have to be a star striker remember. It's forum law.

Is true news :yesyes:

And I, the "Brazilian" right sided Roberto Carlos :hyper:

Yeah, consider it done. Sometime in the next few months after a patch or two :yes:

J
October 22nd, 2006, 8:40 PM

My first game is always with Celtic, a team i know inside and out from the main team down to the under 19s so it helps me to get used to all the new changes that the game has. Then after a couple of seasons I will start a game with a major European team just so I can play about with a lot of money, I have £1million transfer budget for Celtic :sad:

Then after a couple of season of that I start a game unemployed and go on holiday until i get offered a job then work my way up. Then i just tend to rotated between the three games or any others that I may have started.

Then when the new game coming out I start to mess about with database, put in myself as the best player in the world and my mates as good but not as good as me players and make up a new team.

Melv
October 22nd, 2006, 11:42 PM

Signed a lovely little Argentinian lad for my Wigan team called something something Gomez, recommended by Valencia. Also signed Vyacheslav Hleb, Jason Koumas and the American Eddie Johnson.

Just got Mido on loan for 6 months aswell.
Hleb's immense for the price. Signed him for Liverpool as back-up.

Mikey_Jones
October 23rd, 2006, 3:56 AM
I always start my first game with Arsenal. Just find it easy to get used to the new features and all that with Arsenal. I always start my second game unemployed and see who'll take me on.

SL, you sure you want me in the network game? :p

son_of_foley
October 23rd, 2006, 4:27 AM
Can i be in the Rajah team this year. I'll even be a handicapped samoan striker if it helps

Grimario
October 23rd, 2006, 8:03 AM
If and when I do a new Rajah Italia/La Liga, team members will be rated by myself depending on how much they rep me up until the start date.

:shifty:

Mikey_Jones
October 23rd, 2006, 9:01 AM
I'd never be that desperate :shifty:

SheltonLondon
October 23rd, 2006, 9:11 AM
You'd be in the youth team anyway, you're about 14.

Mikey_Jones
October 23rd, 2006, 9:13 AM
True :(

Flow (Ice Cold) 3000
October 23rd, 2006, 9:20 AM
I always start a game as Southend.

I only ever made a success of it on 03/04 though :(

Super Freddy should be shit hot on this though, I'll get round to buying it soon init.

Melv
October 23rd, 2006, 1:09 PM
Bloody love this game.

I've just realised what tutoring players does. :D

Oimoi
October 23rd, 2006, 1:57 PM
Do tutored players aquire the prefered moves of their tutor? I'm sure I read something like that.

And btw, that training problem has been confirmed as a bug and there's another bug I've noticed whereby you can offer players new contracts for less money and more often than not they accept. Some guy on another forum reckons he had Thierry Henry down to £8k a week. Rumours of a patch some time this week or next.

Stigger
October 23rd, 2006, 2:03 PM
My tutoring doesn't seem to work. I go to player interaction, scroll down to linked players and it doesn't let me select anyone to link them with. Am I missing something?

Alf
October 23rd, 2006, 2:07 PM
No you are not. It works on some and not others.

For me it only works with a few players. I think they might have to be wither under 24 or a similar player... not sure what it is yet.

Sean
October 23rd, 2006, 2:12 PM
I thought it was only players in your Under 19 squad.

Alf
October 23rd, 2006, 2:12 PM
How old is downing? I got Petrov tutoring him.

Stigger
October 23rd, 2006, 2:17 PM
Just got a few of my reserve players being tutored now. Cheers for the tip!

Alf
October 23rd, 2006, 2:51 PM
What sort of formations are you boys playing?

I'm playing my 433 but fancy a bit of a change as my wide forwards don't score enough.

Sean
October 23rd, 2006, 2:56 PM
4-3-3 for me also.

Alf
October 23rd, 2006, 2:59 PM
How are your wide forwards doing?

DJAOAS
October 23rd, 2006, 3:00 PM
4-1-2-1-2 works quite nicely for me. Although i change it up to either a 4-3-3 or a 4-4-2 sometimes.

Sean
October 23rd, 2006, 3:03 PM
Can someone explain how the scouting system works?

I set up for 4 scouts to go searching and heard nothing from them.

Sean
October 23rd, 2006, 3:03 PM
How are your wide forwards doing?
They're playing alright actually given their quality.

Sean
October 23rd, 2006, 3:07 PM
Just got Massimo Maccarone to agree terms to come to Aberdeen when his contract runs out. :D

Lovell, Maccarone and the GTF. Stunning.

Now all I need is a 35 year old midfield workhorse.

SheltonLondon
October 23rd, 2006, 3:08 PM
4-1-3-2 for me.

Eddie Johnson got me 26 goals last season on the way to the FA Cup final, and Emile Heskey (yes) got me 19. Also had Mido and Henri Camara on the bench.

I play a playmaker in the defensive midfield role, must be good at long shots. The right hand striker is the quicker more powerful striker and I set them as target man with balls for them to run onto, the other striker can be either a good header of the ball or another speedy striker, but they tend not to score as many.

Alf
October 23rd, 2006, 3:09 PM
What team are you playing as?

SheltonLondon
October 23rd, 2006, 3:16 PM
Wigan.

Beefy
October 23rd, 2006, 3:16 PM
Can someone explain how the scouting system works?

I set up for 4 scouts to go searching and heard nothing from them.

Thats because the scouting system is pants. You have to send your scouts out twice, the first time to improve their knowledge of the area that they're scouting and the second time so that they can actually go out scouting players.

Because apprently a scout won't be able to spot a decent footballer at a match unless he's familiar with that nation's film industry.

Beefy
October 23rd, 2006, 3:17 PM
What sort of formations are you boys playing?

I'm playing my 433 but fancy a bit of a change as my wide forwards don't score enough.

4-4-2 as always.

SheltonLondon
October 23rd, 2006, 3:26 PM
Having a bit of a problem with this Argentinian lad I've signed. He's 18 and his stats are fucking amazing, but although he is in my squad he needs a work permit, so I tried loaning him out to my Belgian feeder club and he refuses to go there, so he is now sitting around getting better because of my training but I can't fucking play him.

Smell It?
October 23rd, 2006, 3:27 PM
I'm currently unemployed waiting for a job offer. Brighton offered me but I told them to wise up.

Ian Taylor
October 23rd, 2006, 3:31 PM
Not a real contribution to the thread, but my computer is now TWO WEEKS late, and it's gutting me that I can't play this fucker.

I was looking forward to spending my half-term week doing nothing but playing this game, while fitting in a bit of slap and tickle with Mrs Andy when I could fit her in around it.

As it goes, I ended up agreeing to work a 6 day week because I had nothing else to do.

I WANT THIS GAME. :mad::cry:

DJAOAS
October 23rd, 2006, 3:32 PM
Having a bit of a problem with this Argentinian lad I've signed. He's 18 and his stats are fucking amazing, but although he is in my squad he needs a work permit, so I tried loaning him out to my Belgian feeder club and he refuses to go there, so he is now sitting around getting better because of my training but I can't fucking play him.

Will he not need to get x amount of caps in a year before he gets his permit? like that Chinese boy Man Utd have on loan at Antwerp, Dong Fangzhou.

Try offering him on loan? Maybe a bigger club will come in and he'll take that?

connorboy
October 23rd, 2006, 3:34 PM
Do tutored players aquire the prefered moves of their tutor? I'm sure I read something like that.

And btw, that training problem has been confirmed as a bug and there's another bug I've noticed whereby you can offer players new contracts for less money and more often than not they accept. Some guy on another forum reckons he had Thierry Henry down to £8k a week. Rumours of a patch some time this week or next.

I Believe mentored players pick up the mentors moves. I've got Henry mentoring Theo abd he's just picked up "Likes to make runs down the left" where originally he only did that down the right.

**edit** Got an 18 year old left back called Marcelo in for £5.5m All his stats are immense except for tackling but thats improving and I've got Gallas to cover when he goes walkies. Oh and Cashley is out for 3 months :rofl:

Alf
October 23rd, 2006, 3:48 PM
I just got offered the Greece job... should I take it?

DJAOAS
October 23rd, 2006, 3:50 PM
Can you keep your club job? If not, I wouldn't.

SheltonLondon
October 23rd, 2006, 3:51 PM
Yes and find some darkie Brazilians who are willing to play for Greece.

Mikey_Jones
October 23rd, 2006, 4:05 PM
I play 4-1-1-3-1 with Rosicky in AML, Baptista AMC and Hleb AMR. Works brilliantly so far with Henry up front. Baptista and Henry have got 10 each with Hleb and Rosicky getting a few between them.

This is only 20 games in though.

My reserves and U18's are immense as well, both top of their groups.