PDA

View Full Version : Songs you're embarrassed to like...

Pages : [1] 2

Canuck
September 18th, 2006, 7:35 PM
What are the songs or bands you're embarrassed to tell people you like?

Fro
September 18th, 2006, 7:40 PM
Promiscuous Girl

Throb
September 18th, 2006, 7:40 PM
"Weathered" - Creed

Canuck
September 18th, 2006, 7:42 PM
A few off the top of my head..

Toxic - Brittany Spears
A new day has come - Celiene Dion
We danced anyways - Deana Carter
Dixie Chicks
I will come to you - Hanson
Forca - Nelly Furtado
Maneater - Nelly Furtado
Savage Garden
Strong Enough - Sheryl Crow
Misery - The moffats

:ashamed:

them69
September 18th, 2006, 7:47 PM
a bunch of justin timberlake songs.
penny and me by hanson

i am a sucker for poppy songs with great hooks...can't help it. admission is the first step to recovery.

Dan The Man
September 18th, 2006, 8:07 PM
I'm not embarrassed by any of them. Which makes sense, since everything I like must by definition be awesome. Now, you may say, "But Dan, ABBA's 'Fernando' isn't awesome." But see, it is. And thus, I am not embarrassed by it.

hithit
September 18th, 2006, 8:22 PM
Ice, Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice comes to mind for me.

PMBR
September 18th, 2006, 8:30 PM
Ice Ice Baby - Vanilla Ice
Candyman - Aqua

wolferine
September 18th, 2006, 8:46 PM
Human Nature :$

Hobbit
September 18th, 2006, 9:12 PM
SOS, Unfaithful and Pon De Replay - Rihanna
Promiscuous - Nelly Furtado
Underneath Your Clothes - Shakira
Rock Your Body - Justin Timberlake
Breathe - Sean Paul
1 Thing - Amerie

Oh yeah.

Annette
September 18th, 2006, 9:19 PM
"Sexy Back" - Justin Timberlake
"Baby Got Back" - Sir Mix-a-Lot
"Humpty Dance" - Digital Underground
Anything by C & C Music Factory

Simmo Fortyone
September 18th, 2006, 11:04 PM
I'm not embarrased by what I like, but the music I like that could be perceived as embarrassing....

Roxette
Take That
Aqua - Cartoon Heroes
Fergie - London Bridge
James Blunt
Five
East 17

I refuse to include Morning Train by Sheena Easton on this list because it is a sensational tune.

mr sabu
September 19th, 2006, 7:15 AM
ace of bass - the sign

The Great Dave
September 19th, 2006, 7:23 AM
London Bridge.

Alicia
September 19th, 2006, 7:43 AM
I'm a sucker for some cheesy Europop - Blue by Eiffel65 and Dragostei Din Tei by Ozone. Also some Eurovision - Bucks Fizz and Gina G.

I steal cable
September 19th, 2006, 8:39 AM
Coldplay - Don't panic

Kris
September 19th, 2006, 8:41 AM
Only coldplay song I like that.

I steal cable
September 19th, 2006, 8:46 AM
I can't stand them and I make sure everyone knows that. When people look though my ipod and ask me why I have a Coldplay song I just say my sister downloaded for a joke.

Lazurus
September 19th, 2006, 8:48 AM
Lemar - If there's any justice.

No idea why I like it but I do.

Andy Wild
September 19th, 2006, 9:02 AM
Hanson - Penny and Me
Hanson - Mmmbop
Hanson - Strong Enough to Break

Hanson in general.

Samuel L. Jackson
September 19th, 2006, 9:31 AM
I like Kenny G and I'm damn proud.
But I won't tell anyone.
So it's just a little damn proud.

PMBR
September 19th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Coldplay - Don't panic

I blame Rockstar: Supernova for me liking that song. I hated everything about Coldplay until Lukas sang it.

N.E.R.F.
September 19th, 2006, 2:21 PM
I'm not embarrassed about anything I listen to.

Nighthawk
September 20th, 2006, 1:48 AM
Yeah, I'm not embarrassed by anything NERF listens to, either.

Big
September 20th, 2006, 1:53 AM
Copacabana and margaritaville.
:nono:

And lots of country music.

Cubed-Sphere
September 20th, 2006, 1:55 AM
Hanson - Penny and Me
Hanson - Mmmbop
Hanson - Strong Enough to Break

Hanson in general.

Mmmbop is a definate. Penny & Me is marginal, can go either way as acceptable or embarrising. Strong Enough To Break, however, is a great song. Good arrangement and nice lyrics. Definately the direction those guys should go if they continue to write.

As for me? It use to be "A Thousand Miles" by Venessa Carlton, but recently I began to hate that song as well.

Canuck
September 20th, 2006, 6:59 AM
They've got an album coming out next year I think. There was a headline on msn news saying the middle one had his third kid or something and they're putting out an album soon.

The Gooch
September 20th, 2006, 7:55 AM
Gwen Stefani: Hollaback Girl
Metallica: The St. Anger Album (OK it wasn't THAT bad)
Culture Club: Karma Chameleon
Poison: Talk Dirty To Me
Warrant: Cherry Pie
Right Said Fred: I'm Too Sexy
Styx: Mr. Roboto
Lou Bega: Mambo #5

The Rosk
September 20th, 2006, 8:28 AM
I fucking love John Denver.

Wedge
September 20th, 2006, 8:45 AM
I don't think I'm embarrassed by anything I listen to anymore. As I was telling one of my student employees the other day when we were in the shop and I had my Ipod hooked up to some speakers and on random, I've gotten to the age where I fucking listen to what I wanna listen to. I don't have to worry about a niche of friends thinking I'm selling out because I listen to a different kind of music that they do.

cbac
September 20th, 2006, 11:45 AM
I don't think I'm embarrassed by anything I listen to anymore. As I was telling one of my student employees the other day when we were in the shop and I had my Ipod hooked up to some speakers and on random, I've gotten to the age where I fucking listen to what I wanna listen to. I don't have to worry about a niche of friends thinking I'm selling out because I listen to a different kind of music that they do.

I can relate to that. If I want to listen to Asleep at the Whell, Patsy Cline, Ozzy, BoB Marley, George Harrison, Robert Johnson, James Brown all at one session then so darn what.

PMBR
September 20th, 2006, 1:18 PM
Europe - The Final Countdown

Big
September 20th, 2006, 8:36 PM
Europe - The Final Countdown

I'm not really embarrased that I like it, though I think I should be.

them69
September 20th, 2006, 10:39 PM
dude, there are 0 things embarassing about margaritaville. jimmy buffet is the man.

Simmo Fortyone
September 20th, 2006, 11:03 PM
DJ Bobo - Chihuahua
DJ Casper - Cha Cha Slide

Only when I'm absolutely shanghaied, though

The Gooch
September 21st, 2006, 7:14 AM
I'm not really embarrased that I like it, though I think I should be.

I was going to add "The Final Countdown" as well to my list, but I agree with you I am not really embarrassed to say I like it. It seems that this song falls into the lovable cheese category.

raymondjackso25
September 21st, 2006, 11:39 AM
When 2 Become 1-Spice Girls

haha, I actually liked this song.

The Great Dave
September 22nd, 2006, 11:05 PM
Oh yeah, pretty much all of Girls Alouds singles as well.

Ace Rockola
September 23rd, 2006, 3:57 AM
The disco remix of Copacabana that Colt Cabana uses as his entrance theme isn't something I turn up really loud on the iPod.

Brian M.
September 23rd, 2006, 4:14 AM
Barenaked Ladies.

Normally nothing embarassing about that, but I'm talking about the singing group from Canada. I quite like "Old Apartment" and I still find myself listening to "One Week" even though it's terribly dated.

Zen
September 23rd, 2006, 4:22 AM
The Power of Love be Celine Dion. She really belts that out of the park. Not a good song to sing though from a male point of view.

Also Madonna's "Like a virgin". It's just catchy.

Hick
September 27th, 2006, 6:42 AM
Well I'm not really embarressed when it comes to the girls on these songs, but I would never play it in front of my guy friends...

N Sync - I want you back
Enrique Iglesias (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=Enrique+Iglesias&spell=1) - Escape

They got good beats?

Hobbit
September 27th, 2006, 7:36 AM
:lol: yeah they got good beats.

Escape is terrific.

Alf
September 27th, 2006, 7:43 AM
I was going to add "The Final Countdown" as well to my list, but I agree with you I am not really embarrassed to say I like it. It seems that this song falls into the lovable cheese category.

It's amazing. It's the ringtone on my phone.

Bad Obsession
September 27th, 2006, 9:49 AM
I'm not really embarrassed by anything I listen to. For a metalhead, I do get a lot of shit for listening to stuff such as:

Spice Girls (Hey, I grew up in the 90s, I must love them)
Robbie Williams
Kylie

Even though I know it's shitty pop, I don't hide the fact I like them. Everyone has their guilty pleasures, and they're mine.
Hell, I'd rather listen to pure pop than poser wannabe nu-metal shit or whatever.

biggiej032000
September 28th, 2006, 12:11 AM
I like a lot of music.
I am not embarrassed by some music.
The one i like is
Lucky - Brittany Spears
Human Clay album- Creed
Take on me - AHA
Anything back in the 80's
Anything from REO SPEEDWAGON and PHIL COLLINS

The funny thing about thing about this is I am a black male.
Send me your laughs.

Judas Iscariot
September 28th, 2006, 12:51 AM
Tubthumber

virms
September 28th, 2006, 12:58 AM
I Want You by Savage Garden.

Bullshit catchy pop music.

fear is the mindkiller
October 1st, 2006, 10:25 AM
I Want You by Savage Garden.

Bullshit catchy pop music.

Ahahahahahaha.....

I like that song too, and the other one of theirs that got a lot of airplay...Truly, Madly, Deeply or something like that...

A Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton....it reminds me of happier times.

Hero!
October 1st, 2006, 1:43 PM
A Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton....it reminds me of happier times.

I was at the mall friday with some of my mates and this song was playing and I started singing along to this without even noticing >_< :( I was damn embarassed

Prime Time 13
October 5th, 2006, 3:40 PM
I'm not embarassed about the choices of music I have, but a lot of people tell me I should be. For instance...

ALL Kenny Chesney (my favorite artist)
O.A.R. - Crazy Game of Poker
Backstreet Boys - I want it that Way
Celine Dion's - My Heart Will Go On
You Were Meant for Me - Jewel
ANd I have some disney songs on my iPod...

But again, I'm not embarassed... but my friends tell me I should be

WizoOzz
October 7th, 2006, 12:28 AM
I'm embarrassed to like:

"Cold" by Crossfade.
"Boulevard of Broken Dreams" by Green Day.
That new song by Beyonce - I honestly can't even think of the title at the moment.
Fergie's "London Bridge."

Man, I feel gay.

PMBR
October 13th, 2006, 1:41 PM
Why are you embarassed to like Cold by Crossfade? Great vocal harmony, mixture of electric and acoustic, hard rock roots but nothing too heavy and its a generally powerful song that the listener can empathize with. We've all been in a situation like that at one point or another.

WizoOzz
October 19th, 2006, 2:09 PM
Why are you embarassed to like Cold by Crossfade? Great vocal harmony, mixture of electric and acoustic, hard rock roots but nothing too heavy and its a generally powerful song that the listener can empathize with. We've all been in a situation like that at one point or another.

It just doesn't fit what usually goes in rotation in my listening circle. That and specifically around where I am, that song got the shit played out of it. It's not a matter of the substance of the song, which I like. It's a matter of everyone knows what I typically listen to, and they know how hard I am on more recent mainstream rock, and they scratch their heads. Unfortunately, I can't give them a reason why I shouldn't be embarrassed to like it.

Adamy
October 19th, 2006, 2:14 PM

ahahaha

Okay, Gob Bluth.

1_Pablo_Angel
October 19th, 2006, 5:55 PM
Tubthumber

Chumbawumba?

That's tubthumping... our coach made us run up and down at training with it on. Cheesiest moment of my life. :no:

wardy
October 19th, 2006, 6:07 PM
Scissor Sisters - Take Your Mama

Hobbit
October 19th, 2006, 6:19 PM
Scissor Sisters - Take Your Mama

That is a choon.

Pussycat Dolls - Buttonz

UK Blue
October 19th, 2006, 6:22 PM
Anything by Ace Of Base or Elton John.

1_Pablo_Angel
October 19th, 2006, 6:36 PM

Bollocks. If you were really embarassed you wouldn't go round telling every man and his dog how amazing Ace of Base are after sinking 3 halves ;)... And there's nothing wrong with the Rocket man :yes:

As for me; Prettiest Eyes by the Beautiful South and Jessie by Joshua Kaddison. :nono:
Cringeworthily bad...

1_Pablo_Angel
October 19th, 2006, 6:38 PM

Everyone :heart:'s the Final Countdown. It's in a similar category to Don't Stop believing and Gold by Spandau Ballet; everyone's loves it for its inescapable catchiness. :yes:

UK Blue
October 19th, 2006, 6:44 PM
Bollocks. If you were really embarassed you wouldn't go round telling every man and his dog how amazing Ace of Base are after sinking 3 halves ;)... And there's nothing wrong with the Rocket man :yes:

As for me; Prettiest Eyes by the Beautiful South and Jessie by Joshua Kaddison. :nono:
Cringeworthily bad...

This is true, I'm not embarrassed at all. But I feel that I should be.

Another couple to add to the list -

George Michael - Careless Whisper
The Coors - Runaway

..and that 'I'm All Out Of Love' song, fuck knows who it's by. Classic.

Kris
October 19th, 2006, 7:00 PM
Careless Whisper is fucking amazing.

Dan The Man
October 19th, 2006, 7:03 PM
"Careless or Dead" (http://homepage.mac.com/dls308/.Pictures/cod.mp3) is even better.

Kris
October 19th, 2006, 7:05 PM
The Ben Folds/Rufus Wainwright cover is pretty great also.

Kris
October 19th, 2006, 7:06 PM
As is George and Smokey Robinson duetting it

Nemesis
October 23rd, 2006, 5:17 AM
I'm embarrassed to own all three Disturbed albums. I know they suck, but I still love them. I'm not sure why.

I'm kind of embarrassed about liking Axel Rudi Pell, but that's embarrassing only because he slips lyrics in about rainbows from time to time. I guess the guy really likes his rainbows. :nono:

I don't ever listen to them anymore, but I'm a little embarrassed for having a soft spot for ICP. They're dumb, they're untalented, their shameless "collect 'em all!" record sales and merchandising mentality is is probably only second to KISS (seriously...they actually told their fans to go out and buy a second copy of one of their albums, and give it to someone who had never heard their music), and must of their humor isn't really all that funny to me anymore. But I still don't hate them, or really even dislike them overall. It's been years since I've listened to any of the albums of theirs I own, yet I've never and will never make plans to sell those albums. Strange, huh? :$

The Gooch
October 23rd, 2006, 7:28 AM

I can see being embarrassed by Ace of Base, but no f&%king way for Elton John. Sure he may be flaming gay and a bit of a Diva, but the man has produced solid entertaining songs for over 3 decades. :confused:

Aussie_Outlaw
November 4th, 2006, 4:17 PM
Those annoying catchy Kelly Clarkson songs... the ones that ran through the radio earlier in the year. FFS they'd get stuck in my head.

Cactus Lem
November 4th, 2006, 5:00 PM
Taking Back Sunday - Tell All Your Friends

I hate the fact that I like that album.

Caito
November 5th, 2006, 12:52 AM
Slightly embarrased to admit to being a decent Garth Brooks fan. But fuck, the man has put out some damn good music in his time.

Billmatic
November 5th, 2006, 1:51 AM
Carly Simon- You're So Vain

Grimario
November 5th, 2006, 4:43 AM
I fucking love John Denver.
Me too... me too. He was also the first person I ever saw in concert :ashamed:

Brian M.
November 5th, 2006, 6:22 AM
Carly Simon- You're So Vain

You probably think this thread is about you.

Canuck
November 5th, 2006, 12:23 PM
Taking Back Sunday - Tell All Your Friends

I hate the fact that I like that album.

They're fucking awesome chap.

Automaticchaos
November 15th, 2006, 11:20 PM
Revolution- Tracy Chapman
Fast Car- Tracy Chapman

Ian Taylor
November 16th, 2006, 12:12 AM
I don't know why you're embarassed about Fast Car :dunno:

I don't tend to be embarassed about any of my music, really. Though, on my mp3 player I have quite a lot of trance for the gym, and if I'm on a bus or something I'll skip past all that because I feel like a bit of a wanker listening to that sort of thing on headphones if I'm inactive. :dunno:

The Gooch
November 16th, 2006, 9:32 AM
Revolution- Tracy Chapman
Fast Car- Tracy Chapman

Perhaps I'd be embarrassed to be shagging Tracy Chapman, but I really like both of those songs. I often wonder what happened to her as she came in with a lot of talent and just disappeared.

J-Krow
November 16th, 2006, 9:59 AM
Lindsay Lohan - "Confessions Of A Broken Heart"

Prime Time 13
November 16th, 2006, 2:56 PM
Hillary Duffs song "Let the Rain Fall Down"... and any carrie underwood.

RuneEdge
November 16th, 2006, 7:11 PM
Is it supposed to be embarassing to like Justin Timberlake's tracks?

I'm loving his new one, "Losing My Way". Nice song IMO. I dont normally like his songs that much except this one.

I steal cable
November 17th, 2006, 7:59 AM
So yesterday I was driving along, giving my friend a lift back to her house. My ipod was on shuffle and we were enjoying some John Frusciante. Well, the song ended and on came Cher - Gypsies, Tramps And Thieves, shaaaaaaaaaaaame. I almost crashed the car when I dived towards my ipod to change it to the next song.

So yeah, songs i'm embarrassed to like, Cher - Gypsies, Tramps And Thieves.

The_Gizzame
November 17th, 2006, 4:38 PM
"beautfiul" Christina Auguillera

J-Krow
November 18th, 2006, 1:27 AM
Is it supposed to be embarassing to like Justin Timberlake's tracks?
No. JT's the shit.

I steal cable
November 18th, 2006, 6:17 PM
Just got one more. The bad thing about this song is whenever I hear it I have to sing along to it under my breath.

Barbara Streisand - Woman In Love

woop

Automaticchaos
November 18th, 2006, 6:23 PM
Nth Degree- Morningwood

SerialHunter
November 18th, 2006, 6:47 PM
Pump Up The Jam :$

RuneEdge
November 18th, 2006, 9:24 PM
Pump Up The Jam :$

:mad: Thats stuck in my head now.

SerialHunter
November 18th, 2006, 9:59 PM
:mad: Thats stuck in my head now.
got the very same prob mate :D

RuneEdge
August 25th, 2008, 7:58 PM
Did a search on this and was surprised I didnt find a similar thread. Basically just post some songs here that are your guilty pleasures.
I got this idea earlier when I was listening to "Everybody" by the Backstreet Boys. Right now I cant get it out of my head. I know it was big back then but its still very cheesy, the music, the video, everything yet its still so catchy.
So yeah, "Everybody" by The Backstreet Boys.

EDIT.
Obviously I dont know how to search...

mth
August 25th, 2008, 8:51 PM
I love that song, too. The video is awesome, and it's a catchy and oddly badass pop song in some weird way, in my mind. It's probably the only Backstreet Boys song I really dig, though.
I like a few Britney Spears tunes ("Sometimes", "Stronger", "Lucky" is probably my favorite, "Crazy"...basically stuff from before she became overly slutty and then a nutcase).
I'm also not sure if I actually like any Christina Aguilera songs or not, but my wife is a big fan and plays her stuff all the time, so they're frequently in my head and I find myself singing them and not really being bothered by it, so I might actually like some of her stuff.

Second City Saint
August 25th, 2008, 11:05 PM
My friends and I sing along to songs like that when we drive because we're goofy. See You Again by Miley Cyrus is a staple of ours.

mth
August 25th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Oh, man, I totally love that song...my wife got me into it, too. It's the only song of Miley's I like, though, 'cuz I've heard plenty of others.

Second City Saint
August 25th, 2008, 11:20 PM
It's the only song I've heard of hers. I don't really have desire to listen to any others though.

Hero!
August 25th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Avril lavigne - Complicated

Damn it if that isn't one catchy song.

Second City Saint
August 25th, 2008, 11:48 PM
I prefer the Weird Al version. That's not something I'd ever be proud to say so I suppose that fits in with the thread. :yes:

Brian M.
August 25th, 2008, 11:54 PM
My friends and I sing along to songs like that when we drive because we're goofy. See You Again by Miley Cyrus is a staple of ours.

This song makes me want to stop living.

Songs I'm not really embrassed to like, but I probably should be: "Take A Bow" by Rihanna and "Take You There" by Sean Kingston.

Also that song by I think Lil Wayne where he's all "You got money and you know it, take it out ya pocket and show it!" Yeah, that one's nice.

RockOverBoston
August 26th, 2008, 10:36 PM
Nth Degree- Morningwood

I'm not even kind of embarrased about liking that song -- it's gotta be one of the catchiest songs in recent memory...it had a fucking great video, too.

Dubya
August 26th, 2008, 10:41 PM
I like a lot of crappy hair metal bands.. Well, maybe not a lot. I can't help it, tho.. if Def Leppard or Motley Crue come on the radio.. it's getting cranked.

Torn
August 26th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Songs I'm not really embrassed to like, but I probably should be: "Take A Bow" by Rihanna

How is that in anyway embarrassing. ITS GREAT.

RockOverBoston
August 26th, 2008, 10:47 PM
To an appropriate extent, that (hair metal) is completely allowed. It's the people who are still completely stuck in that era who are absolutely fucked.

mth
August 26th, 2008, 11:04 PM
It's the only song I've heard of hers. I don't really have desire to listen to any others though.

Yeah, don't bother, they all suck. Well, except "Fly on the Wall", it's pretty awesome, to be honest...I might even like it more than "See You Again".

Mills
August 26th, 2008, 11:45 PM
I still like Umbrella by Rihanna.
My kids have me hooked on Burning Up by Jonas Brothers.
I've been listening to some random 80's stuff like Turning Japanese by the Vapors. Such an awesome song, and was better when Incubus covered it.

Brian M.
August 27th, 2008, 12:27 AM
I still like Umbrella by Rihanna.

Umbrella is fucking fantastic. I can not stress how much I enjoy this song.

Torn was correct, nobody should be ashamed to like Rihanna.

Hero!
August 27th, 2008, 3:28 PM
Metallica - frantic

Second City Saint
August 27th, 2008, 3:51 PM
I'm not even sure that's quality enough to consider a 'guilty pleasure,' Hero!.

Ringo
August 27th, 2008, 3:53 PM
I loved just about the whole of St. Anger when it came out. Nowadays I can really only listen to two or three of the tracks, "Frantic" being one of them. It's good.

RockOverBoston
August 27th, 2008, 3:55 PM
"Unforgiven II" is probably my Metallica choice, because there's really little if any reason to actually like that song, yet I do anyway.

I'm glad that wasn't a musical trend that caught on, though. I'd hate to have seen every big rock-ish band of that era going back to the well to essentially just re-do one of their bigger earlier hits..."Second Champagne Supernova", "Jeremy Hasn't Shut Up Yet", "Still Just A Girl", "More Sex And Candy", "Say It Ain't So Again"...yeah, could have been a trainwreck.

Mills
August 27th, 2008, 4:08 PM
Why? All the coffee rock bands and artists are doing it anyways. Heard a terrible version of Champagne Supernova just yesterday.

Ringo
August 27th, 2008, 4:08 PM
Wonder how Unforgiven III on the new one will sound... :lol:

RockOverBoston
August 27th, 2008, 4:16 PM
Why? All the coffee rock bands and artists are doing it anyways. Heard a terrible version of Champagne Supernova just yesterday.

Uh, those are cover songs, and aren't at all what I'm referring to.

Mills
August 27th, 2008, 4:21 PM
I know, I was just stating that they don't need to make horrible remakes when these groups are already doing it for them.

Myles
August 27th, 2008, 4:21 PM
nearly every party i go to, or everytime there are people over i put on "we didnt start the fire"

cant get enough of that song... the history lesson, the voice, it makes me cum

Just Do It
August 27th, 2008, 4:26 PM
I enjoy listening to Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene :(

Fall Out Boy is pretty terrible other than this song.

Throb
August 27th, 2008, 4:39 PM
The Ting Tings - Shut Up and Let Me Go

That hook is blasphemously good. Sounds a bit like Modest Mouse too.

Mills
August 27th, 2008, 4:48 PM
I like Fall Out Boy and the ting tings. What the hell is wrong with me?

Second City Saint
August 27th, 2008, 6:11 PM
I enjoy listening to Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene :(

Fall Out Boy is pretty terrible other than this song.Give the Take This to Your Grave album a listen. They honestly made one of the best pop-punk albums this decade. It's definitely not the same FOB you see on MTV.

The Ting Tings - Shut Up and Let Me Go

That hook is blasphemously good. Sounds a bit like Modest Mouse too.What's embarrassing about that song? Maybe it's a bit effeminate, but it's still quality.

Just Do It
August 27th, 2008, 6:24 PM
I enjoy the Ting Tings :(

Second City Saint
August 27th, 2008, 6:38 PM
I don't really know them, but I've got a friend who's in love with that sort of music so she's always playing it in the car with me. Not bad by any means.

Adamy
August 28th, 2008, 12:28 AM
I wasn't embarrassed to like any of these when they came out, but I am kind of embarrassed at how much I still love "I'm A Flirt" by Kels, the "Make It Rain" remix with like everyone ever, and "Throw Some D's".

Pete Cash
August 28th, 2008, 12:49 PM
"Unforgiven II" is probably my Metallica choice, because there's really little if any reason to actually like that song, yet I do anyway.

I'm glad that wasn't a musical trend that caught on, though. I'd hate to have seen every big rock-ish band of that era going back to the well to essentially just re-do one of their bigger earlier hits..."Second Champagne Supernova", "Jeremy Hasn't Shut Up Yet", "Still Just A Girl", "More Sex And Candy", "Say It Ain't So Again"...yeah, could have been a trainwreck.

Unforgiven II is a song that I have good memories associated with, SO I WILL LIKE THE SONG OK :)

It is a catchy little pop metal song though.

nearly every party i go to, or everytime there are people over i put on "we didnt start the fire"

cant get enough of that song... the history lesson, the voice, it makes me cum

Dude, Billy Joel goes into an AWESOME pleasure thread, not the guilty pleasure thread.

Sancty
August 28th, 2008, 5:27 PM
Rockstar - Nickelback

Deka
August 28th, 2008, 6:59 PM
Britney Spears - "I'm A Slave 4 U", "Toxic", and "Why Should I Be Sad?"

Christina Aguilera - "Hurt"

The Friday Night Boys - "Sorry If I Stole Your Girl"

The Maine - "You Left Me"

*NSYNC - "Gone"

Nelly Furtado - "Maneater"

Prima J - "Chilosa"

Pussycat Dolls - "Stickwitu"

Relient k - "Manic Monday"

Tons of B2K songs.

B5 - "So Incredible"

Beyonce - "Me, Myself, and I"

Birdman & Lil' Wayne - "Stuntin' Like My Daddy"

Fabolous ft. Tamia - "Into You"

Lil' Romeo ft. Solange - "True Love"

Mariah Carey - "Don't Forget About Us", "We Belong Together", "Honey (Bad Boy Remix)"

Nivea ft. Lil' Jon and Youngbloodz - "Okay"

Omarion - "Ice Box"

Mike Jones ft. Hurricane Chris and Three Feet - "Drop And Gimme 50"

Soulja Boy - "Donk"

Them Concrete Boyz - "Crank Dat Roadrunner"

Deka
August 28th, 2008, 7:19 PM
The Bangles - "Manic Monday"

Benjamin Orr - "Stay The Night"

Celine Dion - "Where Does My Heart Beat Now?"

The Cover Girls - "Because Of You", "Promise Me", "Love Emergency"

David Bowie - "As The World Falls Down", "Within You" from Labyrinth

Eurythmics - "Who's That Girl?"

Haddaway - "What Is Love?"

Heart - "Alone", "What About Love"

Janet Jackson - "What Have You Done For Me Lately?"

Jellybean - "Sidewalk Talk"

LL Cool J - "I Need Love"

Madonna - "Holiday", "Into The Groove", "La Isla Bonita", "Live To Tell", "Open Your Heart", "Lucky Star"

Michael Sembello - "Maniac"

Paula Abdul - "Straight Up"

Pebbles - "Girlfriend"

Pointer Sisters - "Automatic"

Ready For The World - "Tonight"

Starship - "We Built This City"

Styx - "Mr. Roboto"

Teena Marie - "Lovergirl"

Vanilla Ice - "Ice Ice Baby", "Play That Funky Music"

Wham! - "Carless Whisper", "Everything She Wants", "Club Tropicana", "Last Christmas"

Whitney Houston - "I Wanna Dance With Somebody", "How Will I Know"

Ace Rockola
August 29th, 2008, 3:43 AM

I think that's the one my girlfriend is currently obsessed with. I put up a massive stink when she puts that awful CD on, but I gotta admit, I found myself somewhat in to that one song. Not good by any means, just catchy as shit.

I gotta echo the statements Wedge made a couple years ago in here. I just don't give a shit for the most part now. The only stuff anyone would make me feel embarassed about is shit my friends are too closed minded to listen to. "You like Morrissey? That's gay." or "I think my grandma might know who the hell Bobby Darin is."

Tim
August 29th, 2008, 4:48 AM
Get Me Bodied- Beyonce

Piece of Me- Britney Spears

Nsync in general

The Way That I Love You- Ashanti

Keep Frontin' - John Cena

Torn
August 29th, 2008, 10:18 PM

Oh, man, I totally love that song...my wife got me into it, too. It's the only song of Miley's I like, though, 'cuz I've heard plenty of others.

YES!

TRO
August 30th, 2008, 2:53 AM
I've got a new life, you would hardly recognize me, I'm so glad
How could a person like me care for you
Why do I bother? When you're not the one for me
OOO-oooo-OOO-oo Is enough enough
I SAW THE SIGN
AND IT OPENED UP MY EYES I SAW THE SIGN
LOVE IS DEMA-ANDING WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING
I SAW THE SIGN
AND IT OPENED UP MY EYES I saw the sign
No one's gonna drag you up, to get into the light where you belong
Under the pale moon, so many years I've wondered
Who you are, how can a person like you bring me joy
Under the pale moon where I. See. A lot of. STAAARS
I saw the sign, it opened up my eyes
I saw the sign
Love is demanding, without understanding
Yeah I saw the sign, it opened up my eyes I saw the sign
No one's gonna drag you up to get into the light where you belong...

This is epic poetry, people.

RockOverBoston
August 31st, 2008, 12:53 AM
Starship - "We Built This City"

Yeah, that's completely inexcusable. That's on the top of as many Worst Songs Of All Time lists as it is for countless perfectly good reasons.

TRO
August 31st, 2008, 5:58 AM
Actually the basic chord progression of "We Built This City" is pretty good. I think Bon Iver could do a downtempo cover of that song and we'd all be perfectly happy with the results.

RockOverBoston
August 31st, 2008, 12:08 PM
For the sake of this "argument", I'm going to pretend that you were serious with the above statement.

Basic chord progression is a fair and accurate description, heavy on the basic. Strip away all of the excessive 80's synthization and stereotypical guitar solo, and you've got one really, really quiet song.
We'll get around to the lyrics in a bit...

That absolute piece of shit was written by outside songwriters (none of whom had anything whatsoever to do with building the San Francisco rock scene), most notably Bernie Taupin, most famous for being the longtime collaborator of Elton John, and Peter Wolf, most famous for being the lead singer of the J. Geils Band...Wolf later admitted that the song was never meant to be taken seriously, much less recorded, and was written in a "cocaine and alcohol fueled haze". Grace Slick, (someone who actually did have something to do with building the San Francisco rock scene) who has since frequently referred to "City" as "one of the worst/stupidest songs ever written", agreed to perform it solely because a.) she herself was living in a cocaine and alcohol fueled haze in the mid-80's, b.) she was convinced it'd push longtime collaborator/ex-lover Paul Kantner out of the group for good, and c.) Mickey Thomas, the historically craptastic other lead singer of Starship, was so enthusiastic about it.

The song actually caused Paul Kantner, the co-leader of Starship and the only other remaining Jefferson Airplaner, to leave the group before Starship recorded it, calling it "detestable, embarrasing garbage". With Kantner gone, the band was effectively forced to change their name from Jefferson Starship to Starship. From there, nothing was ever truly the same...

OK, so far, we've got one person who built the H-A music scene (and 4 or 5 who didn't) signed on to perform a song about how they all built San Francisco on rock and roll, which effectively ran one of said architects out of the band, written by 4 people who a.) aren't them, b.) didn't, and c.) didn't mean for the song to be taken seriously in the first place.

The precipise of said song is an anti-corporate stance against the homoginization and commercialism of 80's rock music. I ask you, in all seriousness, have you ever heard a more generic, commercialized song in your entire life? When Blender placed it atop its "Worst Songs Ever" list, the author took it a step further than that, pointing out that as it turns out, "the song is a real reflection of what practically killed rock music in the 80's", then went on to describe it as "the truly horrible sound of a band taking the corporate dollar while sneering at those who take the corporate dollar". One would be hard-pressed to disagree with either statement.

"The outpouring of bile against this song was amazing. A few people claimed to be able to scientifically prove that We Built This City is the worst song ever. It really felt like we'd hit a nerve in the collective unconscious."

And those lyrics. Those historically awful lyrics...

"Marconi plays the mamba" -- Louis Marconi was the man who invented radio. A mamba is a snake. It's safe to assume that the lyric was meant to be "mambo", yet when all was said and done, it definitly wasn't. As such, they're effectively calling the man who invented radio a jerkoff. That'd be a better description of every DJ who ever played this song.

There are a few not-so-subtle references to the H-A scene, the Grateful Dead in particular. The Dead never did anything more overtly commercial than "Shakedown Street", which blows this piece of shit out of the water. There's also, for no explicable reason whatsoever, a lyrical tip of the cap to The Go-Gos. Uh, what?

That fucking chorus is just about as bad as it gets.

I'll close on a great quote. Bernie Taupin was asked what it was like to have written both the highest selling single of all time ("Candle In The Wind") and the worst song of all time..."I suppose it's kind of like being Tom Cruise that year that he was in both Cocktail and Rain Man."

I mean, even the songwriters and the involved artists acknowledge what a huge, steaming pile of shit this was. Sure, they laughed all the way to the bank (or more likely the cokeman), but in later years, they've all come to acknowledge and ask for forgiveness of their huge-ass musical sin.

Matthew
August 31st, 2008, 12:36 PM
im not embarrassed to like that song

Deka
August 31st, 2008, 4:16 PM
Wow. I hope you copied and pasted that. Because all of that was not necessary.

RockOverBoston
August 31st, 2008, 4:43 PM
"All of that" might have taken all of five minutes, and it was fun pointing out just how many different levels that awful song is an absolute musical abortion on.

JP
August 31st, 2008, 4:51 PM
It's just another Sunday.

My embarrassing song list could fill up a warehouse full of iPods. We Like To Party by The Vengaboys probably stands tall as the worst.

Brian M.
August 31st, 2008, 7:46 PM
For the sake of this "argument", I'm going to pretend that you were serious with the above statement.

Basic chord progression is a fair and accurate description, heavy on the basic. Strip away all of the excessive 80's synthization and stereotypical guitar solo, and you've got one really, really quiet song.
We'll get around to the lyrics in a bit...

That absolute piece of shit was written by outside songwriters (none of whom had anything whatsoever to do with building the San Francisco rock scene), most notably Bernie Taupin, most famous for being the longtime collaborator of Elton John, and Peter Wolf, most famous for being the lead singer of the J. Geils Band...Wolf later admitted that the song was never meant to be taken seriously, much less recorded, and was written in a "cocaine and alcohol fueled haze". Grace Slick, (someone who actually did have something to do with building the San Francisco rock scene) who has since frequently referred to "City" as "one of the worst/stupidest songs ever written", agreed to perform it solely because a.) she herself was living in a cocaine and alcohol fueled haze in the mid-80's, b.) she was convinced it'd push longtime collaborator/ex-lover Paul Kantner out of the group for good, and c.) Mickey Thomas, the historically craptastic other lead singer of Starship, was so enthusiastic about it.

The song actually caused Paul Kantner, the co-leader of Starship and the only other remaining Jefferson Airplaner, to leave the group before Starship recorded it, calling it "detestable, embarrasing garbage". With Kantner gone, the band was effectively forced to change their name from Jefferson Starship to Starship. From there, nothing was ever truly the same...

OK, so far, we've got one person who built the H-A music scene (and 4 or 5 who didn't) signed on to perform a song about how they all built San Francisco on rock and roll, which effectively ran one of said architects out of the band, written by 4 people who a.) aren't them, b.) didn't, and c.) didn't mean for the song to be taken seriously in the first place.

The precipise of said song is an anti-corporate stance against the homoginization and commercialism of 80's rock music. I ask you, in all seriousness, have you ever heard a more generic, commercialized song in your entire life? When Blender placed it atop its "Worst Songs Ever" list, the author took it a step further than that, pointing out that as it turns out, "the song is a real reflection of what practically killed rock music in the 80's", then went on to describe it as "the truly horrible sound of a band taking the corporate dollar while sneering at those who take the corporate dollar". One would be hard-pressed to disagree with either statement.

"The outpouring of bile against this song was amazing. A few people claimed to be able to scientifically prove that We Built This City is the worst song ever. It really felt like we'd hit a nerve in the collective unconscious."

And those lyrics. Those historically awful lyrics...

"Marconi plays the mamba" -- Louis Marconi was the man who invented radio. A mamba is a snake. It's safe to assume that the lyric was meant to be "mambo", yet when all was said and done, it definitly wasn't. As such, they're effectively calling the man who invented radio a jerkoff. That'd be a better description of every DJ who ever played this song.

There are a few not-so-subtle references to the H-A scene, the Grateful Dead in particular. The Dead never did anything more overtly commercial than "Shakedown Street", which blows this piece of shit out of the water. There's also, for no explicable reason whatsoever, a lyrical tip of the cap to The Go-Gos. Uh, what?

That fucking chorus is just about as bad as it gets.

I'll close on a great quote. Bernie Taupin was asked what it was like to have written both the highest selling single of all time ("Candle In The Wind") and the worst song of all time..."I suppose it's kind of like being Tom Cruise that year that he was in both Cocktail and Rain Man."

I mean, even the songwriters and the involved artists acknowledge what a huge, steaming pile of shit this was. Sure, they laughed all the way to the bank (or more likely the cokeman), but in later years, they've all come to acknowledge and ask for forgiveness of their huge-ass musical sin.

Also, a city built on rock and roll would be structurally unsound.

Matthew
August 31st, 2008, 8:04 PM
seriously me and my pals just randomly belt "WE BUILT THIS CITY!" during long moments of silence.

Sheik Mohammed al-Dub
August 31st, 2008, 8:25 PM
Also, Cocktail is an amazing movie.

TRO
September 2nd, 2008, 5:00 AM
"We Built This City" is good in the same way that "Mexican Radio" and "Panama" and "Turning Japanese" and "Don't You Forget About Me" are good. You can't take it seriously, it's just a fun stupid 80s song with synthesizers and bad lyrics. It's like listening to Travis Tritt or Mims, they're going to come up short if you compare them to Radiohead, but on their own there's nothing wrong with them.

The Rosk
September 2nd, 2008, 6:31 AM
I am not going to lie lads. I fucking love a good handful of songs by the Backstreet Boys.

RockOverBoston
September 2nd, 2008, 3:03 PM
"We Built This City" is good in the same way that "Mexican Radio" and "Panama" and "Turning Japanese" and "Don't You Forget About Me" are good.

Except all of those songs have redeeming qualities, and I'd actually go so far as to call some of them good songs -- I actually like all four of them to certain degrees.

It's not just one aspect that makes "We Built This City" a bad song, it's a combination of literally dozens of them.

None of those four 80's classics deserve comparison of any kind to arguably the worst song ever recorded.

takerson
September 2nd, 2008, 3:46 PM
"The Final Countdown"... It gets me everytime... DAMMIT! :lol:

Sheik Mohammed al-Dub
September 2nd, 2008, 5:33 PM
I don't hate We Built This City, but I don't think it's good. I have no opinion basically, or I don't care enough to have one. But seriously, let's not compare it to Panama, or as I call it, the greatest song of all time.

Second City Saint
September 2nd, 2008, 6:03 PM
"The Final Countdown"... It gets me everytime... DAMMIT! :lol:What's bad about that song at all?

takerson
September 2nd, 2008, 7:52 PM
:$Most people would be embarrassed to like it.

Adamy
September 2nd, 2008, 10:09 PM
If you couldn't already appreciate its greatness, Arrested Development definitely legitimized liking that song.

It's Europe's album cuts that get me, though. They have a song about Cherokee indians and a song about Ninjas on that same album.

Adamy
September 2nd, 2008, 10:11 PM
Mountain - "Mississippi Queen"

Not so much that I'm embarrassed to like it as I am embarrassed at how much I like it.

Matthew
September 2nd, 2008, 10:15 PM
hahaha i love that song

Adamy
September 2nd, 2008, 10:59 PM
That's because you're awesome.

RockOverBoston
September 3rd, 2008, 3:07 PM
Mountain - "Mississippi Queen"

Not so much that I'm embarrassed to like it as I am embarrassed at how much I like it.

Yeah, that sounds just about right, actually.

Sparky
September 3rd, 2008, 5:23 PM
"Everlasting Love" by whoever the hell does it

I love just about every Beegees song ever made.

I will willingly admit that theres a few Backstreet Boys and NSync songs I enjoy.

I get alot of shit for this....so I'm not embarrassed, but people tell me I should be. My favorite band is without a doubt, The Offspring.

Tempest
September 3rd, 2008, 5:28 PM
I like a McFly song and a Fall Out Boy song.

I'm far more embarrassed about those than I am about liking N'Sync...go figure.

Torn
September 3rd, 2008, 5:43 PM
McFly are brilliant.

Second City Saint
September 3rd, 2008, 5:54 PM
Take This to Your Grave era Fall Out Boy were great.

Ringo
September 3rd, 2008, 5:59 PM
I like a McFly song and a Fall Out Boy song.

I'm far more embarrassed about those than I am about liking N'Sync...go figure.

N'Sync were genuinely good though. Good for what they were. McFly and Fall Out Boy, not so much. Justin Timberlake for example is clearly brilliant, and that seems to be generally accepted now, so it's all good.

Take This to Your Grave era Fall Out Boy were great.

Fuck no. Horrible horrible album. At least the current stuff knows what it is.

Hobbit
September 3rd, 2008, 6:34 PM
'See You Again'.

By Miley fucking Cyrus :lol:

Torn
September 3rd, 2008, 7:14 PM
ITS FUCKING AMAZING

Deka
September 4th, 2008, 5:15 PM
ROB, I love your location. That is a classic song. And I am not embarassed to like it.

Just Do It
September 4th, 2008, 5:48 PM
I like Viva Forever by the Spice Girls :(

Alf
September 4th, 2008, 6:11 PM
Rule The World by Take That is incredible.

Murphy
September 4th, 2008, 6:28 PM
Yes it is, Alf.

Wings of Love by Jeffrey Osbourne.

Matthew
September 4th, 2008, 7:57 PM
i honestly dont think im embarrassed about any of my music selections

even mariah carey

RockOverBoston
September 5th, 2008, 1:31 AM
ROB, I love your location. That is a classic song. And I am not embarassed to like it.

Nor should you be.

I still have my original copy of that disc, which is somewhat amazing, because for the better part of a year, the fucking thing went everywhere with me. Popped it in while we had a bit of a house party going over the weekend, and it remains as universally loved as ever.

True classic.

Matt E
September 5th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Rule The World by Take That is incredible.

haha, I have such a soft spot for that song purely because of seeing it on skysports - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhLNuFeK8JA&feature=related

Alf
September 5th, 2008, 12:17 PM
All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah is heavenly.

Simmo Fortyone
September 7th, 2008, 1:18 PM
All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah is heavenly.
That it is. And that song she did with Boyz II Men. One Sweet Day or something like that.

Now I knew there was a song called "See You Again" by a girl called Miley Cyrus. And there was some catchy pop song I heard at the pub every now and then that went "the last time I freaked out, I just kept looking round" or something similar. It was only on Friday night that I made the connection. And fuck it, I like it.

TRO
September 7th, 2008, 4:52 PM
Skee-Lo.

I wish I was a little bit taller, I wish I was a baller, I wish I had a girl who looked good I would call her.

I steal cable
September 16th, 2008, 11:19 AM
3 Doors Down - Landing In London

It's now my 4th most listened to song on my Itunes :lol:

I need your love to hold me up
When it's all to much to bear!!!

class

Throb
September 16th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Hey, the first time through the chorus, when it's just guitars and strings is class. Then it launches into drums. WOWzers.

I steal cable
September 16th, 2008, 11:30 AM
aye, it ain't that bad

It's not like my 12th most listened to tune is 'She Don't Want the World'

:shifty:

Billmatic
September 17th, 2008, 12:44 AM
I probably should be embarrassed at how much i love Cam'ron.

RockOverBoston
September 17th, 2008, 1:01 AM
"Behind These Hazel Eyes" - Kelly Clarkson.

I'm truly embarassed at how enjoyable I find that song, and I couldn't explain why I enjoy it if you forced me to at gunpoint.

Adamy
September 17th, 2008, 1:03 AM

Cam'ron is great. I love his crazy-man swagger.

Dubya
September 17th, 2008, 1:12 AM
I've always liked Eve 6. Their last cd, It's All in Your Head, is probably one of my favorite cds.

RockOverBoston
September 17th, 2008, 1:16 AM
Yeah, there are definitly some Eve 6 tracks which I'd have to add to this thread.

Billmatic
September 17th, 2008, 1:25 AM
Cam'ron is great. I love his crazy-man swagger.

I didn't realize it at first, but Purple Haze is one of the most unintentionally hilarious albums ever. The "Killa Cam" beat alone is comedy gold.

TRO
September 17th, 2008, 4:49 PM
"Lovefool" by the Cardigans.

N.E.R.F.
September 17th, 2008, 4:58 PM
"Behind These Hazel Eyes" - Kelly Clarkson.

I'm truly embarassed at how enjoyable I find that song, and I couldn't explain why I enjoy it if you forced me to at gunpoint.

Because of Dan the Man. I love a bit of KC every now and again, I blame him too.

Throb
September 17th, 2008, 6:28 PM
Pretty much all of Creed's output. That's bad, I know.

RockOverBoston
September 17th, 2008, 6:57 PM
That's indefensible, in fact.

Dubya
September 17th, 2008, 7:05 PM
Pretty much all of Creed's output. That's bad, I know.

I liked their first cd and can still listen to the songs when they come on the radio.. but I could never stand anything after that.. Oddly enough, I'm a really big fan of Alter Bridge.. New singer that has actual depth and range to his voice.. some pretty good guitar solos.. yea, solos.. with Stapp gone, Tremonti is free to wail on his guitar and actually has a singer that can sing over it.

TapOut
September 17th, 2008, 7:06 PM
"Everlasting Love" by whoever the hell does it

Carl Carlton? Sure, he's got two songs that are a bit played out (Everlasting Love and She's A Bad Mama Jamma), but there's not anything actually wrong with the songs.

Hobbit
September 17th, 2008, 7:33 PM
That new Pussycat Dolls one.

It's cool :cool:

Throb
September 17th, 2008, 7:35 PM
I liked their first cd and can still listen to the songs when they come on the radio.. but I could never stand anything after that.. Oddly enough, I'm a really big fan of Alter Bridge.. New singer that has actual depth and range to his voice.. some pretty good guitar solos.. yea, solos.. with Stapp gone, Tremonti is free to wail on his guitar and actually has a singer that can sing over it.

I used to be in that same boat, but I dunno, Alter Bridge just sounds weaker to me. I definitely wish Tremonti soloed more with creed but it seems out of place at times with AB. Of course, I haven't heard Blackbird yet. Is it better than the first record?

Just Do It
September 17th, 2008, 8:59 PM
Donna Lewis - I Love You Always Forever

Hobbit
September 17th, 2008, 9:12 PM
Jesus christ.

mth
September 17th, 2008, 9:36 PM
Jesus Christ Superstar?
I'm fond of some stuff from Phantom of the Opera myself.

Just Do It
September 18th, 2008, 6:17 PM
I've heard people say Jet are a Beatles and AC/DC rip off but I quite like them.

Adamy
September 18th, 2008, 6:18 PM
I kind of liked that "Are You Gonna Be My Girl?" song before it got annoying. At least now I know what it would sound like if the White Stripes covered "Lust For Life".

RockOverBoston
September 18th, 2008, 6:30 PM
Because of Dan the Man. I love a bit of KC every now and again, I blame him too.

DTM was more of a "Since U Been Gone" guy, though.

I've heard people say Jet are a Beatles and AC/DC rip off

And by "people", you mean "quite literally everybody", right?

I kinda dig that "Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is" song still, but that's derivitive as fuck too.

"Look What You've Done" sounds like something that got shat out and banged around the toilet bowl for a few weeks at Apple Studios in 1968. Horrid.

At least now I know what it would sound like if the White Stripes covered "Lust For Life".

:rofl: Too true. Loved it when it was on Madden '04, though. Every song on that soundtrack gets a free pass.

Torn
September 18th, 2008, 7:46 PM
That new Pussycat Dolls one.

It's cool :cool:

I AM A FAN

Ringo
September 18th, 2008, 7:50 PM
Pussycat Dolls are bloody super.

TapOut
September 18th, 2008, 7:58 PM
Avant & Pussycat Dolls - Stickwitu Remix :yes:

mth
September 18th, 2008, 8:21 PM
Pink - "So What"
It's the only Pink song I like.

TapOut
September 18th, 2008, 9:08 PM
I thought "Just Like A Pill" was a good track. I haven't heard "So What" yet, but I don't really listen to the radio or watch music videos either. Maybe I'll check it out.

Hobbit
September 18th, 2008, 9:14 PM
Yeah alright Pink we get it, you're an angry man-hating lesbian. Stop going on about it.

New one is meh IMO.

virms
September 18th, 2008, 9:46 PM
Pink is married though Hobbz so you don't get it apparently.

Fast As You by Alan Jackson. Only "new" country song I like.

Dubya
September 18th, 2008, 9:48 PM
I'm starting to like that "paper planes" song by M.I.A. I think I just like the gunshots in the middle of the song.. I dunno.. I hear it all the time and.. It's gotten to me.

TRO
September 18th, 2008, 9:57 PM
How is liking M.I.A. supposed to be embarrassing?

Ringo
September 18th, 2008, 10:19 PM
:lol:

Yeah, MIA is literally one of the most critically acclaimed artists in recent times. She's loved by just about everyone. Your post would've fit far better in a "Songs which everyone says you should love but you don't" thread.

Dubya
September 18th, 2008, 10:21 PM
I dunno.. I heard it at work today, while around like 5 other guys.. and everyone else was making fun of it like crazy and I was just kinda singing along in my head.

Ringo
September 18th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Yeah but they are probably dickheads.

mth
September 18th, 2008, 10:31 PM
I thought "Just Like A Pill" was a good track. I haven't heard "So What" yet, but I don't really listen to the radio or watch music videos either. Maybe I'll check it out.
My wife think sit's super. I watched the VMAs with her and heard/saw it there first, and now it's on our computer, and in my head, etc. It's got really stupid lyrics, but it's fun and catchy. I enjoy singing about my rock moves.

No, she's not married anymore, that's kind of what the new song's about, too.
That's right, change my username from mth to TMZ, baby.

Dubya
September 18th, 2008, 10:32 PM

Fair enough.

RockOverBoston
September 19th, 2008, 12:01 AM
I dunno.. I heard it at work today, while around like 5 other guys.. and everyone else was making fun of it like crazy and I was just kinda singing along in my head.

Which means that these people, with their fantastic, superior and obviusly well versed musical taste, don't like either M.I.A. or The Clash, which would lead one to believe...

...they are probably dickheads

Dubya
September 19th, 2008, 12:05 AM
Well done.

RockOverBoston
September 19th, 2008, 12:10 AM
My wife think sit's super. I watched the VMAs with her and heard/saw it there first, and now it's on our computer, and in my head, etc. It's got really stupid lyrics, but it's fun and catchy. I enjoy singing about my rock moves.

Song's catchy as fuck, but every bit as cheesy and probably belongs on this list.

That VMA performance, though...stunts, explosions, special effects, pyrotechnics, and she looked pretty fucking hot to boot....shit, what wasn't to like?

mth
September 19th, 2008, 12:38 AM
Yep. That performance was so over-the-top, it probably helped get me hooked on the stupid song.

Simmo Fortyone
September 19th, 2008, 8:49 AM
I was singing We Didn't Start The Fire at the pub the other night, improvising most of the verses with complete gibberish and got a few "what the fuck is that song" comments.

When the shit did it become not cool to like Billy Joel?

Pete Cash
September 19th, 2008, 9:44 AM
Billy Joel is fucking awesome.

I pretty much like 90% of the stuff that has been mentioned in this thread.

Beer-Belly
September 19th, 2008, 9:50 AM
Is it uncool to like Rush? I've really been enjoying classic Rush. :\

Hobbit
September 19th, 2008, 9:50 AM

Who was this then. Green?

Pete Cash
September 19th, 2008, 9:58 AM
Is it uncool to like Rush? I've really been enjoying classic Rush. :\

Its always uncool to like Rush, but that doesn't mean we don't listen ;)

Beer-Belly
September 19th, 2008, 10:01 AM
I'm guessing you skip over "Freewill" when it comes up, Pete.

Dubya
September 19th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Its always uncool to like Rush, but that doesn't mean we don't listen ;)

That's so true. It really is. I don't sit around and listen to Rush or anything, but if it comes on the radio.. I don't usually change it. Too much Rush.. as in more than 1-2 songs.. can get really annoying, tho.

Ringo
September 19th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Hush, that is Rubbish. Rush are swish.

Deka
September 19th, 2008, 6:44 PM

Yeah. He so obviously sucks lyrically. But, the way he rhymes is so hilariously entertaining you can't help but to like it.

I don't even know if anyone knows who Obi Best is. But, I'm not neccessarily embarassed to like the group. I'd just be somewhat embarassed to be caught at the red light jamming out to one of their songs. But they are awesome.

Adamy
September 19th, 2008, 7:54 PM

I can't stand MIA. And Santogold is probably my least favorite musical act in the world.

Dubya
September 19th, 2008, 7:55 PM
Well.. apparently, by that logic.. you're probably a dickhead.

Adamy
September 19th, 2008, 7:56 PM
Yeah. He so obviously sucks lyrically. But, the way he rhymes is so hilariously entertaining you can't help but to like it.

WHAAAA

Harlem shake? Nah, I'm in Harlem, shakin away
Shakin to bake, shake into Jake's
Shoot the funeral up and Harlem Shake at your wake

Dubya
September 19th, 2008, 7:57 PM
That "oh boy" song that Cam'ron does is one of the most annoying songs ever made.

Ringo
September 19th, 2008, 8:19 PM
Well.. apparently, by that logic.. you're probably a dickhead.

Nah, Adamy is probably not a dickhead.

Adamy
September 20th, 2008, 1:48 AM
I am kind of a dickhead.

Pete Cash
September 20th, 2008, 3:03 AM
I'm guessing you skip over "Freewill" when it comes up, Pete.

Silly right-wing tunes don't bother me. I just don't like South Park because it is about as subtle "ow my balls" when they get political and you can tell they think they are rather clever.

Beer-Belly
September 20th, 2008, 9:39 AM
Silly right-wing tunes don't bother me. I just don't like South Park because it is about as subtle "ow my balls" when they get political and you can tell they think they are rather clever.

They know they aren't subtle and they know they aren't the best writers around. Though, for two guys who have to come up with a half hour cartoon in SIX DAYS, I think they do a remarkable job. Just skip the political ones and you'll enjoy the show.

Dubya
September 20th, 2008, 11:08 AM
I am kind of a dickhead.

It's cool. It takes one to know one. :beer:

Big
September 20th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Copa Cabana
Alot of shitty 80s pop new wave songs.

TRO
September 21st, 2008, 5:44 AM
I can't stand MIA.

Actually I hate MIA too. But I don't think it can be considered embarrassing to like her. It's like hating the Arcade Fire or Girl Talk, both of which I condone, but it can't be embarrassing to listen to a band with so much INDIE CRED.

theDUB you are totally disqualified from this thread.

Kris
September 21st, 2008, 6:54 AM
I quite like Galang by MIA, but hate the rest of her work.

If we're talking guilty pleasures - Duran Duran - Hunrgry Like the Wolf.

Dubya
September 21st, 2008, 11:17 AM
Actually I hate MIA too. But I don't think it can be considered embarrassing to like her. It's like hating the Arcade Fire or Girl Talk, both of which I condone, but it can't be embarrassing to listen to a band with so much INDIE CRED.

Yea.. I hate the Arcade Fire and I've never heard of Girl Talk.. I could really care less about Indie Cred.. If I don't like it, I could really give a shit who does or how credible they are.

:wanker: And I got your disqualification right here, buddy.

I quite like Galang by MIA, but hate the rest of her work.

I really like that song, too. I also like that 'view to a kill' song. Definite guitly pleasure.

Adamy
September 21st, 2008, 11:59 AM

theDUB you are totally disqualified from this thread.

I actually also hate Girl Talk on album. His live shows are pretty bomb, though.

Beer-Belly
September 21st, 2008, 4:12 PM
Arcade Fire are amazing, boys. Funeral is an undisputed classic and Neon Bible is still quite good.

Just Do It
September 21st, 2008, 6:49 PM
The whole Morrissey catalogue :(

Deka
September 21st, 2008, 9:22 PM

You should not be embarassed to like that song. That's a fucking classic.

Dubya
September 27th, 2008, 3:37 PM
The whole Morrissey catalogue :(

I'm with ya.. well, by no means the whole catalogue. I do enjoy the greatest hits quite a lot, tho. Every now and then, anyway.. :beer:

mth
September 27th, 2008, 5:59 PM
Alright, so the wife and I just popped in Evanescence's first album, and I'm not sure if I'm embarrassed or not (I don't think I am), but man, I still REALLY like it.

I steal cable
September 28th, 2008, 7:05 AM
Whenever I hear 'My Immortal' I like to do my Emo act and whine along to it with exaggerated hand movements.

but on the inside i'm crying

Kris
September 28th, 2008, 7:13 AM
Morrissey is fucking amazing, and definitely nothing to be ashamed of.

Dubya
September 28th, 2008, 8:12 AM
Alright, so the wife and I just popped in Evanescence's first album, and I'm not sure if I'm embarrassed or not (I don't think I am), but man, I still REALLY like it.

That 'going under' song is probably the only song by them I can really stand, but I quite like that one. I saw part of their set @ Family Values a couple years ago when I won tickets off the radio. It was kinda lame that they were there at all cuz they were playin with bands like Hellyeah, Trivium, Droid, Bloodsimple, Korn, Atreyu.. and they didn't really fit in too well at all. Though, a good portion of the crowd was clearly there to only see them.

Deka
September 29th, 2008, 12:57 PM

Evanescence is an awesome band. "Going Under" is definetely their best song. But "My Immortal", "Bring Me To Life", "Lithium", "Call Me When You're Sober", "All That I'm Living For", and "Sweet Sacrifice".. all great songs, too.

mth
September 29th, 2008, 1:01 PM
Never heard anything past their first album, only heard "Sober" on the radio. But due to how much I surprisingly still like their first album (and my wife does, too), we agreed that we might like their second if we were to get it. Who knows if we will get it, though.

The Doc
September 29th, 2008, 2:37 PM
Love Fool~ The Cardigans
Tarzan & Jane, Bestfriend, Pirate Song~Toybox/Aqua
Particleman, Istanbul (Not Constantinople)~They Might be Giants

I could go on but you guys are already sending assassins to my place of bussiness.

The_Mike
September 29th, 2008, 2:56 PM
What's wrong with Particle Man and Istanbul?

mth
September 29th, 2008, 3:02 PM
Absolutely nothing.

Throb
September 29th, 2008, 4:20 PM
Never heard anything past their first album, only heard "Sober" on the radio. But due to how much I surprisingly still like their first album (and my wife does, too), we agreed that we might like their second if we were to get it. Who knows if we will get it, though.

Listen for yourself.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=84RH8Z6L

You're welcome.

Dubya
September 29th, 2008, 5:54 PM
Anybody remember that stupid "naked eye" song? I couldn't tell you who sang it.. early-mid 90's in the midst of the alternative craze. I heard it today on the radio and its fuckin' STUCK in my head. With my naked eye I saw the pouring rain coming down on me.. with my naked eye I saw.. that's about all I really know of the song.. kinda sounds like Garbage, but I'm pretty sure its not.

Adamy
September 29th, 2008, 7:52 PM
Anybody remember that stupid "naked eye" song? I couldn't tell you who sang it.. early-mid 90's in the midst of the alternative craze. I heard it today on the radio and its fuckin' STUCK in my head. With my naked eye I saw the pouring rain coming down on me.. with my naked eye I saw.. that's about all I really know of the song.. kinda sounds like Garbage, but I'm pretty sure its not.

Luscious Jackson.

Adamy
September 29th, 2008, 7:53 PM
http://thedeadhub.com/uploads/2008/04/pretty.odd.albumcover.jpg

Seriously. :\

Billmatic
September 29th, 2008, 9:27 PM
'cause it's nine in the afternoon
and your eyes are the size of the moon
you could 'cause you can so you do
We're feelin' so good, just the way that we do
When it's nine in the afternoon

:(

You're not alone, Adamy.

Adamy
September 29th, 2008, 10:22 PM
What's wrong with Particle Man and Istanbul?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9GbNaxoWEs