PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Unsigned Band Tournament

PMBR
February 16th, 2006, 8:08 AM
The way this game works is very simple and very fun. There will be no bias' here simply because most of the bands in this tournament, nobody here will have heard of. People are allowed to nominate bands who are not, nor have ever been signed to a record label. They must also post a link to a website where their audio can be heard. If the site has multiple audio tracks, for the sake of time, reccommend the song that you would like them to be judged on. People can judge them based on all songs that they have available, but they must listen to the reccommended song.

Bands will be paired against one another randomly. People will then vote on who of the two bands is better.

After the first round, bands will be paired together based on the order they advanced. The first band to move on will face the last bands to move on. The 2nd band will face the 31st band. The 3rd bands will face the 30th band. So on and so forth.

That being said... the first band nominated is....

Stuck In Kaos - www.myspace.com/stuckinkaos Recommended Song: Trigger Complex

PMBR
February 16th, 2006, 8:13 AM
I'll go ahead and name another band who I think is worth nomination

Red Cloud Revival - www.myspace.com/redcloudrevival Recommended Song: Warriors Of The Rainbow

relentless
February 16th, 2006, 12:50 PM
What happens if the band in question were signed to a record label, but have since stepped down from the limelight and taken up a stand in obscurity?

PMBR
February 16th, 2006, 12:57 PM
Anyone who was famous at any point in time is not eligible. This is simply so that the entire tournament can remain unbiased in every way.

If you found out that a band you used to love left their label, you may have a bias towards voting for them.

This tournament is a great way to find new bands who you have never heard.

PMBR
February 17th, 2006, 7:56 AM
OK I think it may be necessary to change the limitations. Small records labels are acceptable so long as the label carries no big named bands and has no more than 7 bands signed to the label.

turdpower
March 13th, 2006, 6:53 PM
http://www.myspace.com/oasis