PDA

View Full Version : Futurama to Return to TV?

Pages : [1] 2

falconarrow
January 4th, 2006, 11:06 PM
http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,18076,00.html?tnews

Following the hugely successful resurrection of Family Guy, Fox execs are reportedly in talks to bring Futurama back from the dead.

The studio has begun talks to revive the Emmy-winning animated series and produce a limited number of new episodes, thanks to a resurgence in the show's popularity on DVD and in reruns, Variety reports.

Reps for 20th Century Fox have declined to comment on the news, but Variety says initial negotiations have begun.

================================================== =

Great news if true. Of course for it to work, they'd need to bring back all the voices.

Dan The Man
January 4th, 2006, 11:15 PM
At this point I have to say it's too good to be true. This is what, the third or fourth time someone has reported the same basic story: DVD sales are great so there's talks to bring it back. Every few months it seems...

RabidWookie
January 4th, 2006, 11:58 PM
As much as I would love this to happen, I just can't see it happening. Like Dan said, this sort of story pops up all the time. If it does, I just hope it can remain as high quality as it was after such a lengthy break.

Hulkamaniac
January 5th, 2006, 7:45 AM
I'd rather they brought Angel back first.

Locdog07
January 5th, 2006, 7:59 AM
I'll believe it when I see it, but Billy West posted this on his message board.

Good news everyone!
I just got an e-mail from David X.Cohen saying that things look very good for the Futurama DVD's! He said we'll probably be starting up after new years.I'm very psyched to get back together with all my friends again. I guess this is a belated xmas present!

All happy now,
B.

Bits
January 5th, 2006, 8:21 AM
When he says things look good for the Futurama DVDs does he mean the ones out now or does he mean the new stuff is going to DVD?

RabidWookie
January 5th, 2006, 11:45 AM
There has been talk of a straight to DVD movie, so I'd imagine he meant that.

jase666
January 8th, 2006, 6:49 AM
That show has been going downhill since season 3...

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!

The Truth
January 8th, 2006, 6:18 PM
Futurama was one of my favourite shows so it'd be great if they brought it back. I can't see it happening, though. Why'd it end, anyway?

Reech
January 8th, 2006, 6:41 PM

Pff, it was always good.

Gangers
January 8th, 2006, 6:42 PM

No way. Season 4 was probably the best.

Anyway I love Futurama, but I'm not sure I want it to come back. Was the last episode 'The Devil's Hands Are Idle Playthings'? Because if so, they ended it perfectly and it should be left in peace. The development of the Fry/Leela love over the times far surpasses anything serious The Simpsons have ever tried, and the end of that episode as well as The Sting and the one where Fry destroys all the brains bring a lump to my throat.

So yeah, mixed feelings on the issue.

Reech
January 8th, 2006, 6:44 PM
I think it's fine left as it is.

Better than being resurrected and turning crap and ruining the legacy.

Gangers
January 8th, 2006, 6:56 PM
Spot on, my young Padawan.

maxx powerz
January 8th, 2006, 7:10 PM
I agree on Season 4 being the best, it's when they started going heavy with the Fry/Leela storyline, and started kind of linking everything together, which I just love.

But personally, I'd love for the show to come back. Maybe I'm being optimistic, but my thinking is that the show probably has a whole bunch of awesome storylines and twists and turns that they just never got to use. I mean, watching Season 1 after you've seen the other seasons, it's just amazing all the stuff that they dropped in that set up episodes years down the road (Leela's parents, Nibbler's shadow being under the desk, etc.) So I'm almost positive that there's a whole bunch of awesome stuff left to do. I don't think it's a situation like with Family Guy, where it kind of seems like they went, "Oh shit, we're back? Well, let's wing it and see what happens." Again, maybe I'm giving the writers too much credit (unlikely, since the show is so awesome), but I think if it DID come back, it would be able to stay just as awesome as it was before.

Gangers
January 9th, 2006, 6:31 PM
Nevertheless, let us regail eachother with some quotes.

Bender: Hello, fellow bees. How's the abdomen? Swollen with nectar, I trust?

Leela: What's the mission?
Professor: Gathering honey. Ordinary honey.
Leela: That doesn't sound so hard.
Professor: This is no ordinary honey!

Bender: Interesting...no wait, what's the other thing? Ah yes...tedious.

Zap Brannigan: Remember men, the key to victory is the element of surprise.....SURPRISE!

Zoidberg: Did you see me escaping? I was all like 'woopwoopwoopwoopwoop'

Leela: Fry's dead and it's all my fault!
Professor: No, no, it's not your fault. I'M LYING TO MAKE HER FEEL BETTER!

Leela: Hey you guys! You know how I was raised in the orphanarium?
Fry: Yeah, we talk about it all the time!
Leela: Really?
Fry: Nope. BUURRRN. *high five with Bender*

Some real classics.

RabidWookie
January 9th, 2006, 7:07 PM
"Get that robot some more beer!"

KorruptJustice
January 10th, 2006, 1:45 AM
I would love to see this show come back, because it never should have been cancelled in the first place. However Gangrel is right. 'The Devils Hands are Idle Playthings' was a great way to end the series, but I think the writers could continue on from there and make it as great as always. But I don't really think it will happen.

Now for some quotes:

Fry: Valentine's Day is coming? Ahh crap. I forgot to get a girlfriend again.

Professor Farnsworth: YOU'VE KILLED ME! YOU'VE KILLED ME!
Leela: Oh, no! What have I done?
Professor Farnsworth: I just told you, you idiot - YOU'VE KILLED ME!

Bender: You know, I was God once.
God: Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died.

Alternate Universe Leela: One year later, Fry proposed and gave me a diamond scrunchy.
Fry: One year later, I got beat up at a Neil Diamond concert by a guy named Scrunchy.

jase666
January 14th, 2006, 2:27 PM
Pff, it was always good.

No way. Season 4 was probably the best.

You two have spectaculary missed the point.

http://www.gotfuturama.com/Multimedia/EpisodeSounds/4ACV06/

(3rd quote down)

Jeez.

Gangers
January 14th, 2006, 2:48 PM
See, if you hadn't been so 'How could you NOT know that?', I would applaud you.

PepperCarrot
January 14th, 2006, 2:53 PM
They should bring back Beavis & Butt-Head.

Dangerously
January 14th, 2006, 2:59 PM
I would love to see this show come back, because it never should have been cancelled in the first place. However Gangrel is right. 'The Devils Hands are Idle Playthings' was a great way to end the series, but I think the writers could continue on from there and make it as great as always. But I don't really think it will happen.
That was a good final episode, but I don't think it will have what what it had before after that episode. Unless they completely ignored that episode.

Gangers
January 14th, 2006, 3:01 PM
:wtf: Was that a sentence? I've tried three times but I still don't know what your point is.

Tom Bombadil
January 14th, 2006, 3:04 PM
I think he what he want to say is "it was a good final episode but if they do bring it back they'd have to ignore that episode.

Gangers
January 14th, 2006, 3:14 PM
Which is a ridiculous thing for any series to do.

Tom Bombadil
January 14th, 2006, 3:20 PM
:yes: Is that episode 'The Devils Hands are Idle Playthings' when Fry swaps hands with the devil. If so, it was a great episode and should probably leave Futurama alone.

PepperCarrot
January 14th, 2006, 3:49 PM
:yes: Is that episode 'The Devils Hands are Idle Playthings' when Fry swaps hands with the devil. If so, it was a great episode and should probably leave Futurama alone.

Yeah it is.

Zarius
January 14th, 2006, 7:03 PM
That was a good final episode, but I don't think it will have what what it had before after that episode. Unless they completely ignored that episode.

They wont' do shit, if you think the series will jump, HA! Simpsons had three clip shows, three origin stories, and four world tours before jumping over the course of seven to ten years maximum.

jase666
January 16th, 2006, 2:00 PM
See, if you hadn't been so 'How could you NOT know that?', I would applaud you.

If you want me, I'll be in the Angry Dome.

Marlon Dingle
January 16th, 2006, 3:08 PM
They could do a "Dallas" and pretend it was all just a dream.

Dan The Man
January 16th, 2006, 3:27 PM
I'm completely lost as to why you guys seems to think there was something in "The Devil's Hands..." that would cause any issues if the series continued (other than, perhaps, setting the bar too high). I mean, what's the big deal? That Leela knows that Fry is in love with her? Old news. They didn't actually kiss in reality. There's not even any strict indication that Leela was swayed any more than the other instances of her being touched by how much Fry thinks of her.

Whether they decide to continue like in Seasons Four and Five, with the occasional episode centered around their delicate relationship, or perhaps start the new season with a solidifying of that relationship, or even an episode where they try it out and find that it's just not right for them to be together... there are many paths for where they can take the Fry/Leela relationship. And let's not forget that even in Season Five, most episodes didn't touch on Fry/Leela at all, and even though we all (both the audience and the characters) were aware of those times that they did display those feelings, it never seemed odd or unrealistic when they acted simply as friends and/or co-workers during those non-relationship episodes. The same thing would apply for new episodes.

Again, I really don't see what "The Devil's Hands..." changed in terms of story arc or characterization.

The_Mike
January 16th, 2006, 3:49 PM
I agree Dan. It was certainly a touching and momentous incident to end the series on but it's not as if the entire show was building up to it. It's not like continuing Voyager after they get to Earth, or 24 after there are no terrorists, or Quantum Leap when Sam leaps home. I still see plenty of room to move. But, as much as I love the series, and would be hapy to see it return, I wouldn't mind if that was how it ended.

Gangers
January 17th, 2006, 4:24 AM
I know what you're saying. I'm not claiming that they couldn't continue it, I'm just not convinced they should. That episode seemed to have a perfect ending and to me finished everything very nicely. I don't think the show would be as good if they actually became a couple, and there's only so often Fry can do something ridiculously romantic and have Leela go 'awww thats sweet' and give him a kiss on the cheek.

Basically they finished it perfectly and I would suggest that having gone out on top, it could be a monumental error to bring it back.

Eggbert Spam
January 17th, 2006, 5:42 AM
Does nobody listen to commentary tracks?

Locdog07
January 17th, 2006, 8:03 AM
The commentary tracks are the reason I own every Futurama DVD set. :yes:

Bits
January 17th, 2006, 8:08 AM
Ive been going through my season 1 and 2 boxsets I just got one disk at a time, first I watch the eps then once Ive watched all the eps on the disk I go back and watch them again with the commentaries. It has to be said though the earlier commentaries arent as good as the later ones when they have got into the whole commentary thing.

jase666
January 17th, 2006, 3:07 PM
They could do a "Dallas" and pretend it was all just a dream.

Simpsons did it already...

Tha Kyd
January 17th, 2006, 3:11 PM
What hasn't The Simpsons done, they did a South Park Episode dedicated to that subject.

G
January 17th, 2006, 3:18 PM
:hyper:

Hope it happens.

Gangers
January 19th, 2006, 4:09 AM
Does nobody listen to commentary tracks?

No mate, I go outdoors. Care to elaborate?

Nero
January 19th, 2006, 4:12 AM
It never left down here, i watch it all the time. For example now.

SkyONE SkyTWO & SkyTHREE air it all the time

Locdog07
January 19th, 2006, 8:33 AM
No mate, I go outdoors. Care to elaborate?
Commentaries > outdoors.

The only elaboration necessary is to know that the commentary for The Birdbot of Ice-Cataz involves Billy West in character as Dr. Zoidberg.

Zoidberg: That was genius! Did you see that duck? Superb! You know, that kid with the red jacket has always been a lousy actor.

Eggbert Spam
March 19th, 2006, 5:40 AM
http://www.billywest.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2011&PN=1

And the other good news is that they're doing 26 new episodes of
''Futurama'' for TV and we're hammering out the deal now.The original
plan was to have the DVD's first but that's no longer the case.I'm totaly
jammed dude.

Greetings from the year 3000! It still sucks!

Billy

KorruptJustice
March 19th, 2006, 7:13 PM
:eek: This isn't a really early April Fool's Day joke is it? :eek:

Awesome news, and I can't wait for them to start airing again. This has always been my favorite animated show, and I was pissed when FOX ended it. Hopefully when it comes back it will air in a decent time slot.

And yeah, the commentaries are awesome, especially the one where West does the entire thing as Zoidberg. The only other commentaries anywhere that come close to Futurama's are the commentaries on Kevin Smith's movies.

virms
March 19th, 2006, 9:13 PM
WOW!!!!

Pete Cash
March 20th, 2006, 5:19 AM
http://billywest.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2020&KW=billywest

Guys,
I'm sorry I gave inaccurate info on the cartoon.I was told on one end that the
TV show was a go but DXC enlightened me (with a hammer) that this was
not the case.I think there is a Futurama project as in DVD's but I appearently
had bad info.But I do live to give good Futurama news to people.So I must've
died or something.

All eyes on the skies,

Billy

and

http://billywest.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2019&PN=1

I'm sorry about about all the ups and downs with Futurama updates.I'm
getting different reports all over the place and now I'm not sure what's
up.Sorry, it's tough to process all these pieces of info.Keep your eyes on the
skies.I'll get the complete story as soon as I can

Apologies,
B.

MAKE UP YOUR MIND BILLY

son_of_foley
March 20th, 2006, 5:36 AM
You give me hope and cruelly take it away. I miss futurama and especially the zoidberg

Eggbert Spam
March 20th, 2006, 5:57 AM
ahahahaha.

It seemed a tad abrupt.

JamieB
May 15th, 2006, 2:00 PM
Any News:
I just watched the episode with Fry's dog Seymour...and it was so sad, and brilliant. Especially the ending! I can't remember a Simpson's episode as emotional as that

SerialHunter
May 15th, 2006, 2:24 PM
Any Episode with Zapp Brannigan rules.

Hulkamaniac
May 15th, 2006, 3:27 PM
Any News:
I just watched the episode with Fry's dog Seymour...and it was so sad, and brilliant. Especially the ending! I can't remember a Simpson's episode as emotional as that

Thats cos there wasnt one.

Mike
May 15th, 2006, 4:13 PM
I would love for the show to come back. Yeah, they brought Family Guy back and it's terrible, but there is still so much they could do with Futurama, I think it would be fine if it came back.

My favorite episode is Zapp Brannigan's debut: Love's Labour's Lost in Space. To me, it's in the Marge vs the Monorail, Last Exit to Sprinfield, and Homer at the Bat pantheon of animated shows. It may even be the funniest of that bunch.

Bender: I just know these things. I've got what they call gaydar.
Leela: There's no such thing.
Bender: No? ....Ok, I've got a lock on him. <beep> Yep, he's gay!
Amy: Are you sure?
Bender: Definitely! Unless I'm getting interference from a gay weather balloon.

Zapp: Killbots? A trifle. It was simply a matter of outsmarting them.
Fry: Wow, I never would've thought of that.
Zapp: You see, killbots have a preset kill limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them until they reached their limit and shut down.

Zapp: I'm facing a formidable female adversary, Kif. Suggestions?
Kif: I fail to see any problem, sir. You already imprisoned her under directive B10.81.
Zapp: You mean Brannigan's Law?
Kif: Right, that law.
Zapp: Which one?
Kif: Brannigan's Law.

Zapp: ....And that's why you'll never make captain Kif.

Zapp: Kif, have the boy lay out my formal shorts.
Kif: The boy, sir?
Zapp: YOU Kif, you lay out my formal shorts.

Leela: Zapp, last night was a mistake.
Zapp: A sexy mistake.
Leela: No, just a regular mistake.

Zapp: Kif!
Kif: Yes, captain?
Zapp: I have made it with a woman! Inform the men.

Leela: You know Zapp, when I first met you I thought you were a pompus baffoon, the I looked inside and saw you were just a little child. Then i looked again and saw you were a pompus baffoon!
Zapp: And which one rocked your world?

Leela: Look, are you gonna rescue us or not?
Zapp: Can't you ask a little more sexfully?
Leela: Pleeeeease, big Z?
Zapp: Certainly! But first you'll have to get rid of that thing. That's the law, Leela. And Brannigan's Law is like Brannigan's love - hard and fast.

Zapp: Captain's Journal. Stardate...uh...
Kif: *sigh* April 13th.
Zapp: April 13.2! We have failed to uphold Brannigan's Law. However, I did make it with a hot alien babe. And in the end, is that not what man has dreamt of since first he looked up at the stars? Kif, I'm asking you a question.
Kif: *sigh*

SerialHunter
May 15th, 2006, 10:36 PM
Leela: You know Zapp, when I first met you I thought you were a pompus baffoon, the I looked inside and saw you were just a little child. Then i looked again and saw you were a pompus baffoon!
Zapp: And which one rocked your world?

Hahaha rep coming

Dan The Man
May 15th, 2006, 10:45 PM
I saw this bumped and just assumed it was based on last night's [as] bump that announced the recent talk about Fox thinking about reviving the series as false. It's probably more in reference to a recent Hollywood Reporter story (that was pretty obviously wrong about a lot of details anyway) rather than the one that spawned this thread, but still.

Bottom line: the current plan is just the four DVDs.

Jonny Arson
May 18th, 2006, 6:49 PM
fucking shit news. Love this show and long for it to come back. If i were rich enough i'd bankroll a new season. How much you reckon it'd cost?

son_of_foley
May 19th, 2006, 4:36 AM
whatever it cost i fail to see how you wouldnt make it back with syndication and dvds etc

The_Mike
May 19th, 2006, 9:09 AM
I don't see the point in releasing a few dvds, to be honest. Production costs will go up since it's on a hard media that has to be distributed in stores, whereas you can get it to more people at less cost and make money on syndication/advertising/selling it to networks. There's always room for an odd show or mini series to be slotted in, especially when it's animated and the length will be kept down.

Still, more Futurama is good no matter what.

Aussie_Outlaw
December 15th, 2006, 1:08 AM
http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/toyfare/002710592.cfm

By the way, we are looking into producing a full 22-minute episode of Everybody Loves Hypnotoad for the DVD release.

Oh thats just class.

hen our story resumes, two long years have passed. As for the Fry/Leela relationship, we will be visiting that subject right away, so I refuse to tell you where it will lead on the grounds that I want you to buy the DVD.

virms
December 17th, 2006, 4:41 PM
Fuck....I can't wait. 2008!!!

Fro
December 17th, 2006, 8:49 PM
It will be glorious. In about a year and a half. :(

Zarius
December 18th, 2006, 12:40 AM
I just hope nobody turns on it like they did Family Guy (that's calmed since then, but there's still a few people bouncing around whining the comeback did'nt meet their ridiculous expectations, FG now is exactly what FG was when it was cancelled, face it, and live with it), Futurama told a lot of it's backstory in the final season, heck four to five (if you count the premeptions that made that last season five), were as good a shelf life as anything, to go out on a measure of decent quality is something The Simpsons will never know anymore.

I'd like them to expand Hermes, as he gets so damn underused, he did have an episode to himself once, which is great, had a good musical number, but since then he's been sent to the shelf. Amy herself went from a very interesting character to just the "cute, more critical of Leela-style bitch from hell", Kiff remained insanely awesome, but it seemed Amy had to wait whenever he was there to get any develoment. Look at when she and Fry were dating, that's the Amy I want to see again.

And focusing on the dog again as rumoured is just real fan-service gone awry, he died in a masterpiece of an episode that should stand alone, don't do one set during his period of living, or ressurect him, that story was good because the whole emphisis was on letting go of the past, bring him back and it ruins a sense of shared emotion between the character and the audience, something that's rare in good television.

Aussie_Outlaw
December 18th, 2006, 12:51 AM
The thing with Family Guy is odd... it's mostly the fans fault.

- They seem to have expected BRILLIANT episodes on their return, which is a tad much considering they haven't been working for 2 or so years and didn't have any Rhythm.
- Older episodes had achieved "cult" status and were perceived as better than they actually are. Somehow Seasons 1-3 were seen as perfect when Season 1 is quite patchy, 2 is decent and 3 is the only "great" season.

So fan expectation was too high. In reality the first 15 episodes were watchable and as with the first run, the next episodes were great. But by that time alot of the internet fans had become pessimistic and grumpy.

I agree with you completely Zarius.

People are silly.

Ricky
December 18th, 2006, 1:05 AM
And focusing on the dog again as rumoured is just real fan-service gone awry, he died in a masterpiece of an episode that should stand alone, don't do one set during his period of living, or ressurect him, that story was good because the whole emphisis was on letting go of the past, bring him back and it ruins a sense of shared emotion between the character and the audience, something that's rare in good television.

:yes:

Plus, I don't think I could take another Seymour episode. I'm afraid to watch the rerun.

Eggbert Spam
February 3rd, 2007, 2:27 AM
"I was frustrated when it got cancelled, but Fox, 20th Television is the one who came back and said, 'Would you like to do a DVD movie?'" Groening recalled. We said, 'Let's do two' and they said, 'Well, why not three?' and we said, 'Well, why not four?' and they said, 'Okay, four' and then that's it."

After this, Comedy Central won a bid to air the films as new "Futurama" episodes. "We're writing them as movies and then we're going to chop them up, reconfigure them, write new material and try to make them work as separate episodes. Chopped up is an indelicate way of putting it but we are doing them as movies and then we are reconfiguring them and writing new material and narration and this that and the other so that they'll stand on their own as episodes."

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/news/comments/?entryid=397361

Mr. Fantastic
February 3rd, 2007, 4:38 AM
Too drunk to read the thread but I love Futurama. I hope people will stop cancelling shows and then regretting it when Adult Swim realizes their genius their trying to take them back. Well, I guess it's good they realize how good they really are, but I wish they'd realize the genius in the first place.

Locdog07
July 29th, 2007, 10:32 AM
"Futurama" has a direct-to-DVD mission

By Thomas K. Arnold Thu Jul 26, 7:35 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "Futurama" is coming back.
ADVERTISEMENT

"Futurama: Bender's Big Score" will be released November 27 directly to DVD. It's the first full-length "Futurama" feature based on the animated Fox TV series, which went off the air in 2003; three additional films will be released individually through 2008, all with the original creative team and voice cast on board.

The plot centers on the "Futurama" crew fighting to save Earth in an epic battle against nudist alien Internet scammers. Bender the robot soon comes under the alien's spell and is sent back in time to loot the Earth of its greatest treasures; at one point he runs into Al Gore, who guest stars as himself, during the 2000 presidential recount. Other guest stars include rapper Coolio and comedian Sarah Silverman.

20th Century Fox Home Entertainment was expected to announce the details at the Comic-Con International convention underway in San Diego.

"Futurama" is the second Fox TV series to spawn a made-for-DVD program. Two years ago Fox's home entertainment unit released a direct-to-video feature based on the "Family Guy" series, "Family Guy Presents: Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Ta-dah.

Jimini
July 29th, 2007, 10:49 AM
# Futurama: The Beast with a Billion Backs (2008) (V) (post-production)
# Futurama: Bender's Game (2008) (V) (post-production)
# Futurama: Into the Wild Green Yonder (2008) (V) (post-production)
# Futurama: Bender's Big Score! (2007) (V) (post-production)

From imdb.

KorruptJustice
July 29th, 2007, 11:00 AM
:hyper:I can't wait for these. I've been looking forward to more Futurama ever since the show went off the air. This show has to be my favorite animated shows ever.:hyper:

Zarius
July 29th, 2007, 11:40 AM
More Bender and Gore interaction only glimpsed by the teaser for "An Inconvieniant Truth"

"I play a streetwise pimp, with a hybrid pimpmobile"

Locdog07
July 29th, 2007, 2:34 PM
More Bender and Gore interaction only glimpsed by the teaser for "An Inconvieniant Truth"

"I play a streetwise pimp, with a hybrid pimpmobile"
That wasn't a teaser, since it was made when the movie was out in theaters.

Kronedog
July 29th, 2007, 3:37 PM
Excellent. I will definitally be getting these movies, but it sucks they were all straight to DVD releases. Is there any official word if Futurama is coming back to tv? I heard they were going to Comedy Central

KorruptJustice
July 30th, 2007, 2:42 PM
Excellent. I will definitally be getting these movies, but it sucks they were all straight to DVD releases. Is there any official word if Futurama is coming back to tv? I heard they were going to Comedy Central

I'm just going off rumors that I remember reading months ago, so it's probably bull, but from what I remember they're going to eventually cut up the DVD movies into episodes and air those, and there's a possibility that if the DVDs sell well enough the show may be brought back. Again, it's probably not true, but that's what I remember hearing.

Eggbert Spam
August 1st, 2007, 8:43 AM
Read the post from eight or nine posts ago, genius.

Bill Casey
August 11th, 2007, 8:19 PM
http://www.foxstore.com/detail?item=3324

As Xmas 3007 approaches, the Futurama crew must fight to save Earth in an epic battle against nudist alien Internet scammers.

When the evil naked aliens launch a cyber-attack on Planet Express, they make a shocking discovery: the secret of time travel, mysteriously tattooed on Fry's buttocks. Using their devious nudist software to control Bender, they repeatedly send the beer-fueled robot back in time to loot Earth of its greatest treasures. Bender's rampage through history has shocking repercussions when he encounters Al Gore (guest-starring as himself) during the 2000 Presidential recount. Meanwhile, Leela finds true love, a beloved crew member suffers an embarrassing decapitation, and Fry learns deep secrets about his destiny and his buttocks.

Al Gore, Coolio and Sarah Silverman guest star.

In previous episodes, Coolio voiced Kwanzaa Bot, and Sarah Silverman voiced Fry's girl from the past Michelle...

ON IMDB, it lists Robot Santa and Fry's dog Seymour among the roles...
If Seymour and Michelle are in it, I assume it's when Bender goes back in time...

Ricky
August 11th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Oh no, not Seymour.

Craig T. Nelson
August 11th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Leave Seymour alone, don't bring him back.

Ricky
August 12th, 2007, 2:37 AM
Jesus, not only should they leave him alone to keep the greatness of that episode intact, but also so they don't make me blubber like a little girl again.

Hulkamaniac
August 12th, 2007, 7:32 AM
They are going to break me with Seymour.

Bill Casey
August 12th, 2007, 6:07 PM
It depends on how they approach it...
If Bender meets the Fry from the past, it could be quite good...

Hulkamaniac
August 13th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Oh I have no doubt that it'll be good.

son_of_foley
August 13th, 2007, 12:23 PM
the seymour thing is heart-smashing

Jonny Arson
August 17th, 2007, 6:41 AM
my favorite show ever. To scared to go and watch it...

Locdog07
September 8th, 2007, 8:37 AM
http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/benders-big-score.html

DVD art and specs.

virms
September 8th, 2007, 10:57 PM
I can't wait to see what happens to Herme.

Bad Obsession
November 25th, 2007, 9:17 AM
So has anyone seen it yet? I downloaded it this morning and really enjoyed it.

It's much, much better than the Simpsons and Family Guy films. Sure it too dragged slightly in places but overall it was a very fun film. I liked the theme of time travel and there were enough throwbacks and random gags in there to give it the old charm it's always had.

One thing about the end though..
How obvious was it that Lars was also Fry? I called it nearly right away. The reveal at the end was still interesting but I wouldn't call it a shocker.

Bits
November 25th, 2007, 10:48 PM
Watched it earlier today. Futurama at it's best really, the amount of random references to episodes from the series were really great, pretty much every other minute you're like 'oh it's *insert name*'.

It looks fantastic too I must say, and from the commentary (which is just as good as the ones on the other DVDs, which I love) it's apparently been done in HD so it should see a release in that format at some point, which would be awesome.

Everyone should definetly buy it as soon as it's out too, need to show support for it! Wish their was a date for UK release though.

Oh and BO:
I called Lars being Fry early on too, I remember when he said the 'I've been waiting for you all my life' line I was pretty much sure it was Fry, then all the other clues confirmed it. Nicely setup though I thought.

All the time travel stuff was really well done too, the various different Benders and Frys going around was great.

The_Mike
November 28th, 2007, 2:16 AM
So this came out today, right? I haven't seen a single thing in the media about it. Are Fox hyping it at all or are they hoping that consumers are all brainwashed into buying it by Hypnotoad?

Ricky
November 28th, 2007, 9:13 AM
I've seen a few commercials, but mainly on Adult Swim.

I've read an article on Digg about how a TV return is depending on this movie apparently.

virms
November 28th, 2007, 5:17 PM
Even though I have had the movie (with all the extras) downloaded for about two weeks, I went out a bought 4 copies yesterday.

Some people I know, whether they like Futurama or not, are getting a great Futurama movie for Christmas.

Anywho, I really liked it overall. Seymour didn't play too big of a part, which I thought he would. Glad I didn't have to shed a tear over him and it's a bit ironic that Bender supposedly preserved him :lol:

I also predicted the bald guy courting Leela was Fry. Sure it was a bit obvious, but it was still done well and shows that Leela can indeed fall in love with Fry.

Bender was nothing short of spectacular. As usual :lol: Can't wait to listen to the commentary :yes: I also can't wait for the next movie.

Pipkin
November 28th, 2007, 8:45 PM
It was pretty obvious that Lars was Fry to me. I know pretty much right after Lars first appeared.

I liked it though. I've been waiting for so long that my expectations were through the roof, but it was really good. I'm going to watch it several more times over the coming days before I give it an official rating, but it seems like it'll be more enjoyable after multiple views.

Surge
November 29th, 2007, 12:02 AM
I got my brother the enitre Futurama Series and Bender's Big Score for his birthday.

Pipkin
November 29th, 2007, 3:49 AM
I got my brother the enitre Futurama Series and Bender's Big Score for his birthday.
You're such a great sibling...I wish I were your brother.

RaBbI-tAnGeRiNe
November 29th, 2007, 7:26 AM
Well, I only just found out about this Bender's Big Score thing last night, so downloaded it for this morning.

Blah. It just wasn't funny. At all. It felt like a series of "hey, remember this guy/when..". I don't know why, but everything just fell completely flat.

I did find it slightly amusing that they took a pot shot at Family Guy's supposed lack of laughs, with such a laughless episode. It reminded me of Harry Enfield trying to rip on Extras, despite his latest series being absolutely terrible.

And I wasn't a great fan of them revisiting the "Jurassic Bark" and "Luck of the Fryrish" episodes. Those were absolutely brilliant, and the insertion of paradoxes and alternative events kind of takes away from them (why would Yancy name his son after his not-missing brother?).

Hopefully it'll be a case of getting back in the groove, or Groening has Simpsoned again.

Also, with the way the last series ended, did it ever really need to be continued?

Zarius
November 29th, 2007, 10:57 AM
I liked it, but I agree that Matt and Dave are becoming Babylon 5-egocentric with tying in the destinies of all the characters with the same event. Fry in the past was dealt with better in "The Why of Fry", and the Lars twist wasnt needed, it was far too obvious

The other characters are starting to suffer outside of Fry, Leela, and Bender, so in that case Herme's whole plight was a welcome releif because it tied him into the central plots.

Excel
December 1st, 2007, 8:23 AM
anyone catch Cartman in the head museum?

Vice
December 1st, 2007, 8:44 AM
Screen-capped it for those who didn't catch it:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/Envious_Vice/Screencap-00024.jpg

turdpower
December 1st, 2007, 10:15 AM
When is this out in the UK.

I've seen NOTHING about it.

The_Mike
December 1st, 2007, 4:08 PM
When is this out in the UK.

I've seen NOTHING about it.

I'm in the US and I've seen nothing about it either except one copy hidden behind the counter of a local video rental place.

As for the UK, no release date has been set yet. I'd imagine it'll be around 6 months before it arrives, just in time to be at its maximum in inappropriateness for the time of year (as it is set around Christmas).

Bits
December 1st, 2007, 4:12 PM
I'm sure I remember Play.com having it down for a December release, but now they just have it as 'coming soon'. I do hope it doesn't take too long, I want the proper DVD :(

KorruptJustice
December 7th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Finally bought and watched this last night, and enjoyed it tremendously. I'll admit it wasn't as good as some of the best Futurama episodes ever, like "The Luck of the Fryish" or "The Why of Fry", but I still found it to be incredibly funny, and it was great to see all of those characters again. The only character that I wanted to see make an appearance that didn't was Professor Wernstrom.

I can't wait for the next one to come out, The Beast with a Billion Backs.

Bill Casey
December 18th, 2007, 2:49 AM
The premise behind the Beast with a Billion Backs has been revealed...

The Planet Express crew has to repair all of the rifts in space that formed from all of the time travel in the previous movie. A gigantic beast voiced by David Cross inhabits the universe within the rifts, and takes control of Fry in order to start a cult. All of the humans are suckered in and go to a false "heaven" leaving all of the robots behind on Earth...

Also in the film, Kif proposes to Amy, and they go to Kif's homeworld to be married according to his people's customs...

And Professor Wernstrom challenges the Planet Express crew to a game of "Death Ball"...

virms
December 21st, 2007, 3:29 AM
Any clue as to when is it going to be released?

Aussie_Outlaw
December 21st, 2007, 3:50 AM
Rumoured May 2008.

Bill Casey
January 3rd, 2008, 11:32 PM
I'm hoping we get another episode of "Everybody Loves Hypnotoad"...
I hate when they end on a cliffhanger; I must see what happens next...

Bert
January 5th, 2008, 8:15 PM
I'm hoping we get another episode of "Everybody Loves Hypnotoad"...
I hate when they end on a cliffhanger; I must see what happens next...
:lol:
Bill Casey for God

eldanielfire
April 8th, 2008, 7:33 AM
Just watched it (it's out this week in the UK) and all I can say is BRILLIANT!

Loved every minute of it, I was in stiches from laughing in a way the Simpson's hasn't made me in ages.

The_Mike
April 8th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Rumoured May 2008.

Is this still a possibility? It's almost mid-April, I imagine we would have heard stuff by now, but I've not seen anything.

virms
April 9th, 2008, 12:05 AM
Is this still a possibility? It's almost mid-April, I imagine we would have heard stuff by now, but I've not seen anything.

IMDB says June 24th.

Aussie_Outlaw
April 9th, 2008, 4:29 AM
With November being the supposed month for Movie 3.

eldanielfire
April 10th, 2008, 4:24 AM
The UK DVD says 'The Beast with a Billion Backs" will be out june, 'Benders Game' in Nov and 'The Wild Green Yonder' in April 2009.

The_Mike
April 10th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Thanks guys. I have the US dvd and I don't recall it mentioning a release date for the other films other than vaugely 2008.

Are they still planning on cutting the films down to episodes to air on Adult Swim?

Excel
April 12th, 2008, 5:17 PM
Cant they just bring it back to TV as regular weekly episodes. Is it really likely to score that low in the ratings?

The_Mike
April 12th, 2008, 6:44 PM
I'm sure they'd be happy to if the idiots at the Box Network would uncancel them.

Aussie_Outlaw
April 12th, 2008, 9:49 PM
Cant they just bring it back to TV as regular weekly episodes. Is it really likely to score that low in the ratings?

They are excel, haven't you been following the thread? The movies will br broken into episodes.

virms
April 12th, 2008, 9:53 PM
They are also supposed to be adding new scenes in order to lure people who bought the DVD into watching the tv episodes.

TRO
April 13th, 2008, 6:32 AM
See, that's awesome. Usually it's the other way around, "buy the DVD and get these extras." Well, we've already bought the DVD, so why watch the same stuff on tv? New scenes. Excellent.

Excel
April 13th, 2008, 8:17 AM
They are excel, haven't you been following the thread? The movies will br broken into episodes.

Yeah I have smartguy. Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. I meant that why cant they create a new series? I loved Benders Big Score, but I'd still rather see it brought back as a new series.

Aussie_Outlaw
April 13th, 2008, 8:32 AM
Yeah I have smartguy. Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. I meant that why cant they create a new series? I loved Benders Big Score, but I'd still rather see it brought back as a new series.

As someone said the box company wouldn't want anyone but CC has rerun rights so in making the movies they get around it by having the "first run" on DVD or something to that effect.

eldanielfire
April 27th, 2008, 7:20 PM

When split it will be essentially 16 new episodes. So you can carry on with the films or wait fr the series formt if you want it. To be honest I don't think the creators have a choice seeing as Fox won't air it.

Still I felt the movie refreshed for formula somewhat. Bigger jokes can be played out and more comedic complecated plots introduced, after all the 4 seasons pretty much covered everything a series can. The only weakness of Benders Big score was it slightly showhorned everythign they possibly could to represent the Futurama world again. It was still brilliantly funny but now they have they out of the way I expect them to get better.

falconarrow
April 27th, 2008, 11:13 PM
I'd watch a spinoff with Zap Brannigan and Kiff.

The_Mike
April 28th, 2008, 12:08 PM
I'd watch a spinoff with Zap Brannigan and Kiff.

Who wouldn't?

Bad Obsession
June 8th, 2008, 3:40 PM
The new film is online and I'm downloading it now. Good way to spend a Sunday night.

http://rapidshare.com/files/120904398/fut.tbwb.josh.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/120904405/fut.tbwb.josh.part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/120904577/fut.tbwb.josh.part3.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/120904606/fut.tbwb.josh.part4.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/120904674/fut.tbwb.josh.part5.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/120904798/fut.tbwb.josh.part6.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/120904925/fut.tbwb.josh.part7.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/120904910/fut.tbwb.josh.part8.rar

The_Mike
June 8th, 2008, 5:44 PM
That was freaking fast.

Bad Obsession
June 8th, 2008, 6:00 PM
I got kind of bored in the last 25/30 minutes, honestly. It was funny in places but the main story arc about the tentacle was pretty dull.

Not nearly as good as the last film.

son_of_foley
June 9th, 2008, 4:23 AM
oh shit because I thought the first film was shite compared to the last series

Vice
June 9th, 2008, 4:32 AM
I got kind of bored in the last 25/30 minutes, honestly. It was funny in places but the main story arc about the tentacle was pretty dull.

Not nearly as good as the last film.

Agreed. There were a few good Futurama-style funny parts here and there, but it seemed to throw in a lot more "cheap" humor that didn't do anything for me. Plus, like you said, the main story arc was pretty blah.

Certainly not an absolute waste of time, but it wasn't that good.

eldanielfire
June 9th, 2008, 5:48 PM
oh shit because I thought the first film was shite compared to the last series

I didn't think it was shite and it had some excellent bits. But it wasn't as good as the series and certainly ran out of steam in the last quarter, until Zap showed up ready (not) to take glory in the end dog fight.

Bits
June 9th, 2008, 6:14 PM
I enjoyed it, I agree the main story wasn't all that interesting, seemed a bit odd they did all that stuff with Fry & Leela in the first movie only to ignore it in this one too.

It had more than enough funny moments though that I enjoyed it, even if they did reuse a joke or two.

Zarius
June 9th, 2008, 9:26 PM
I think the movie here was trying to create more conflict with every existent "relationship", even Kif and Amy are on icy territory, which wasnt resolved entirely. I did appreciate that Fry tried moving on for once, shows a breif surrender of the chase.

Really enjoyable story. The whole Evo plot had a great concept to it, but it was resolved with some truly pedantic things that I wouldnt beleive ANY couple would break up over. Some of the better concepts (like Bender becoming more volitile around humans and the pirate assault) kind of were overshadowed by the complaicency of the characters. Everyone was simply too "submissive"

mattm
June 10th, 2008, 5:17 AM
Which movie is this one called ?

Vice
June 10th, 2008, 5:17 AM
The Beast with a Billion Backs

mattm
June 10th, 2008, 5:24 AM
Cheers Vice

Jimini
June 10th, 2008, 8:41 AM
I didn't expect much after the slating it got here to start with, but I really enjoyed it.
Slow last quarter not withstanding.

Repo
June 10th, 2008, 10:03 AM
http://www.greatstufftv.com/movies/?p=539

And here it is streamed

The Masked Jobber
June 10th, 2008, 1:31 PM
Just saw the movie, pretty good, just a typical extended episode though.

eldanielfire
July 2nd, 2008, 5:44 PM
I thought this movie was quite weak. It was padded out with weak subplots. Bar the Hawking appearence, the section where everybpdy is running away from the rift monster and a few Bender moments there wasn't anything really funny here to justify 90 minutes, especially in the second half of the movie. David Cross was wasted and the plot was spread unbelieveably thin.

In fact the extra which glued together the plot of the Futurama game had better laughs in it than the main movie.

virms
November 1st, 2008, 3:00 PM
Watched Bender's Game last night and you can definitely tell they wrote it to break it down in tv style format when the 4 movies are said and done.

I actually went into this one a bit sad because I thought it was the last one, not sure why I forgot about the 4th, but this one definitely wasn't as good as the others. This one strayed even further from any continuation of the series and other movies and really seems like a movie they made for themselves rather than an audience. With that said there was quite a few good gags and a rather obvious but interesting reveal. Worth a watch if you are a Futurama fan, but it's not going to do anything to help redeem them. Hopefully the last movie will wrap some things up a bit.

Pipkin
November 1st, 2008, 3:17 PM
I tried watching it last night, but couldn't find a good place, so I watched Mad Men instead.

Where'd you find it virm?

virms
November 1st, 2008, 3:35 PM
http://netload.in/dateiMjg4NTU2ND/domino-futuramabg.part1.rar.htm
http://netload.in/dateiMjg4NTU2ND/domino-futuramabg.part1.rar.htm

http://d01.megashares.com/?d01=f79c87a

http://rapidshare.com/files/159422540/Ftrm.Bnd.gm.D0m1n0.DvRp.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/159430600/Ftrm.Bnd.gm.D0m1n0.DvRp.part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/159438048/Ftrm.Bnd.gm.D0m1n0.DvRp.part3.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/159445644/Ftrm.Bnd.gm.D0m1n0.DvRp.part4.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/159452737/Ftrm.Bnd.gm.D0m1n0.DvRp.part5.rar

Eggbert Spam
November 1st, 2008, 9:44 PM
but this one definitely wasn't as good as the others. This one strayed even further from any continuation of the series and other movies and really seems like a movie they made for themselves rather than an audience. .

No.

For a start, it's always been planned to reveal Igner as Farnsworth's son. Major plot point of the series, and main point of the movie.
Some of the jokes and particularly the callbacks were great, unlike the first movie where they felt done for the sake of it. I didn't like the game stuff so much, but up until that point the movie was all kinds of fantastic. The animation was especially great.

virms
November 2nd, 2008, 7:37 AM
No.

For a start, it's always been planned to reveal Igner as Farnsworth's son. Major plot point of the series, and main point of the movie.

Yeah thats why I said....

With that said there was quite a few good gags and a rather obvious but interesting reveal.

Eggbert Spam
November 2nd, 2008, 9:36 AM
It had more "continuation of the series" than the other two movies combined.

Bill Casey
November 2nd, 2008, 1:41 PM
Beast With A Billion Backs had some lovely developments in the Amy/Kif relationship...

Eggbert Spam
November 3rd, 2008, 1:37 AM
I'm curious to see whether they continue with that or just have occasional references to it from Zapp.

Also, I hated the way they brought Kif back to life in that one. Leave him dead, he's a shit character these days.

Vice
November 5th, 2008, 8:46 PM
I watched Bender's Game last night and thought it was incredibly blah.

I think it got one good laugh out of me, and a couple snickers 'cause of Zoidberg. But overall it didn't entertain me very much. After the previous movies, I didn't have my hopes set too high for this one, and it still managed to disappoint.

The_Mike
November 5th, 2008, 9:55 PM
I found it better than Beast With A Billion Backs, personally. Not as good as the first film, or most of the series, but still enjoyable to me. Farnsworth's great, Zoidberg's great, Bender's good, though Fry and Leela seemed to have little in terms of laughs from what I recall.

eldanielfire
November 7th, 2008, 8:47 PM
I watched Bender's Game last night and thought it was incredibly blah.

I think it got one good laugh out of me, and a couple snickers 'cause of Zoidberg. But overall it didn't entertain me very much. After the previous movies, I didn't have my hopes set too high for this one, and it still managed to disappoint.

I thought it was fucking poor too. Like a modern day Simpson's episode. Poor use of comedic characters, no satire, no wit and no jokes. Just a weak LotR parody.

What was weird it was like it wasn't trying to be funny, it's like they forgot to script jokes and just had a fairly silly plot to follow.

Each film seems to be getting weaker as they go along. IGood 1st film. Not great but some great moments. Fairly Ok 2nd. Shit 3rd. 'm not sure I consider the return of Futurama a success at the moment considering the brilliance of the series.

eldanielfire
November 7th, 2008, 8:50 PM
I found it better than Beast With A Billion Backs, personally. Not as good as the first film, or most of the series, but still enjoyable to me. Farnsworth's great, Zoidberg's great, Bender's good, though Fry and Leela seemed to have little in terms of laughs from what I recall.

Bender was weak in this one. No great Bender momenst at all because his 'historic knight' was just not funny. Zoidberg carried any and all humour and there was much at all with Farnsworth holding a few moments.

Excel
February 14th, 2009, 4:40 PM
New movie available through torrents. "Into the wild green yonder".

It was good. Not great but I enjoyed it. But being designed so that it can be broadcast as 3 episodes makes it, like the others, feel really disjointed.

Pipkin
February 14th, 2009, 7:03 PM
Ooh, already? This will give me something to do until the NBA All-Star festivities tonight.

I just hope it's better than The Beast with a Billion Backs. I thought that was easily the worst of the three. I still liked it, but I thought it was worse than Bender's Game, and significantly worse than Bender's Big Score. Though none of the movies have lived up to the series in my mind.

eldanielfire
February 15th, 2009, 8:52 PM
The movie was good. Funniest since Benders big score if a tad obvious and drawn out for the big cliffhanger ending being presented as a possible 'last ever'. But it was nice and good to end on one of the better films. In fact it was pretty good so the movies legacy has left use with two good and two Meh movies. Not a credit to the series history of quality but prehaps worth it for Bender's Big SCore and 'Into the Wild Green Yonder' :yes:

eldanielfire
February 15th, 2009, 9:00 PM
Ooh, already? This will give me something to do until the NBA All-Star festivities tonight.

I just hope it's better than The Beast with a Billion Backs. I thought that was easily the worst of the three. I still liked it, but I thought it was worse than Bender's Game, and significantly worse than Bender's Big Score. Though none of the movies have lived up to the series in my mind.

Benders Big Score made me laugh constantly and seemed to be a whole epic story, it was on par with the series but certainly not up there with the best of the series.

The next two badly fell appart and were weak due to a distinct lack of laughs. The wild Green Yonder was alright. Entertaining and funny quite often.

My problems with the Movies:

The humour isn't as multilayed as previously. I's constant. A joke is made then plot points take over.
Reliance on Slapstick humour too after Benders big score.
Laughs spread to far appart.
Epic nature falls down badly more often than not, partly because the plots are weak.
Supporting characters, excluding Nixon are protrayed consistently with their natures in the TV series. For example in 'Billion backs' a lot of supporting characters are whitewashed so they are all framed together far too easily.
New character introduced were generally weak and unfunny.
Zap Brannigan isn't used as effectively as he used to be, baring the odd moment.

Bill Casey
February 15th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Mazes and Monsters is a far out game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFIWUYr0n10

These are my spells, I guard them with my life...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogrwfW1rsA4

I have spells; I'm going to fly...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhQM3EpqkaQ

eldanielfire
March 5th, 2009, 7:15 PM
Anybody know if there will be more Futurama films/series coming up?

Bert
March 5th, 2009, 10:54 PM
I heard something about maybe having another movie next year. But that's all I've heard besides this "Futurama will be coming back to TV soon" buzz that happens every year unfortunately.

virms
March 5th, 2009, 11:59 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/TV/02/26/matt.groening.futurama/index.html

Seems there could be hope for it.

The_shad
June 9th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Futurama is coming back for 26 episodes starting next year.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/06/09/futurama-to-live-again-on-comedy-central/20423

Pipkin
June 9th, 2009, 11:32 PM
:hyper::headbang::yesyes::panic::D

There is no smiley to express my glee at this news. There needs to be a smiley of a large man squealing like a young girl.

IB
June 9th, 2009, 11:54 PM
Fuck Yes.

Vice
June 10th, 2009, 12:46 AM
I just hope they're better than the movies.

virms
June 10th, 2009, 1:35 AM
Don't watch it then jerk.

The Masked Jobber
June 10th, 2009, 2:39 AM
Jerk? lol..

Pipkin
June 10th, 2009, 3:45 AM
Everybody's a jerk...you, me, this jerk.

Bill Casey
June 11th, 2009, 1:12 AM
Just knowing we're in the same genus makes me embarrassed to call myself homo...

Beer-Belly
July 18th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Prepare to get pissed off at FOX again...

Friday, July 17, 2009
Is FOX Planning to Recast FUTURAMA?

As excited as I was about the return of Futurama, FOX has once again ruined that experience by their callous actions. According to no less than cast members John DiMaggio, Phil LaMarr, and Maurice LaMarche on their Facebook pages, a casting notice has gone out to replace actors DiMaggio, LaMarche, Billy West and Katy Sagal.

Personally, I'm betting that FOX doesn't want to pay for these talented folk and would much rather cast "sound-alikes" at a much lower rate. A similar incident happened on Matt Groening's other series, The Simpsons, which resulted in a hefty raise for the voice actors.

Nevertheless, any attempt to recast these talented folks should be the first indicator that the new season is poorly executed and just a cheap attempt to push out product.

Read the full call sheet after the jump and if you want, send Casting Director an email telling him how much you enjoy the recasting idea by clicking HERE: FUTURAMA@SCOTTMULLERCASTING.COM

Tempest
July 18th, 2009, 11:25 AM
From what it says on IGN, the budget is seriously smaller and they can't cope with the demands of the existing cast.

Eggbert Spam
July 18th, 2009, 11:26 AM
I would doubt that Groening or Cohen would sign any deal where that was a possibility.

Tempest
July 18th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Well they apparently talked years ago about recasting The Simpsons over a money dispute before it was resolved, so I wouldn't say it's outside the realms of possibility.

http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/100/1004973p1.html - The IGN article

Eggbert Spam
July 18th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Most of the cast, Billy West in particular, love to shit on about how great these characters are and that they'd do it for nothing. I reckon they'll sort something out.

The_Mike
July 18th, 2009, 12:18 PM
It's not as if the Fox family is in financial straits at the moment, so I'm not sure why they felt the need to bring back an animated series with a significantly reduced budget. Animated series are always going to be expensive, and while there's no point throwing money away, there's also no point cutting corners if you expect the series to be able to survive, especially when its previous incarnation is still running on TV. Basically, people will see and hear the difference in quality, and the new version will come across as a second-rate cash-in.

To be honest I cannot help but start to think it is yet another attempt at Fox to set something up to fail.

Eggbert Spam
July 18th, 2009, 1:11 PM
Upon further reading I'm willing to bet this is just a publicity stunt, they have some special presentation dealy at the upcoming Comicon.

The_Mike
July 18th, 2009, 1:57 PM
So you think they'll probably present that they just worked out a deal and tell everyone don't worry, be happy?

Excel
July 18th, 2009, 2:39 PM
It has to be a publicity stunt. I just has to be. If not it would finally cement the fact that Fox is run by the most retarded bunch of no-hopers who ever lived.

As The_Mike said, it so often seems like Fox sets up their shows to fail. I don't know about the other networks, but the sheer number of shows that Fox has cancelled in recent years speaks volumes to me about how solidly they get behind their own schedule.

virms
July 18th, 2009, 4:01 PM
Billy West and John Dimaggio are really the main ones I care about. Please get them two back.

Excel
July 18th, 2009, 4:29 PM
Gotta have Katy Sagal too. the rest, Lauren Tom etc are inconsequential compared to those three.

Though I would miss Phil LeMarr.

He's done so much stuff I like, Including MGS, that I feel he deserves whatever he's asking for.

virms
July 18th, 2009, 5:17 PM
I am sure since FOX still owns it and all that between Married With Children and past episodes of Futurama that some free intern could piece together her parts of dialouge.

Excel
July 18th, 2009, 5:48 PM
They would probably still have to pay her royalties for that though. Depending on her MWC and Futurama contracts.

Eggbert Spam
July 18th, 2009, 10:38 PM
Fuck Katy Sagal. Dave Herman is more important than her.

Bill Casey
July 19th, 2009, 2:51 AM
It's posturing...
Fox will likely get them for less than their asking price...
It's not stupid; in fact it's downright shrewd...

If Fox was stupid, they'd be UPN...

Cubed-Sphere
July 19th, 2009, 4:25 AM
But UPN doesn't exist anymore...

...Oh, I see what you did there.

Like others, I'm hoping this is a publicity stunt. How in the fudge do you being back a cartoon and not have ANY of the key characters' voice actors not signed on? Highly illogical.

Morrison
July 19th, 2009, 6:46 AM
because a lot of people who may of liked the show or will grow to like the show aren't really bothered with voice acting and probably won't notice much of a difference if the voices get recast. if an iconic cartoon character like bugs bunny or mickey mouse can have multiple people doing their voices over the years without some uproar, futurama can get by just fine. it's won't be an ideal situation, but it's so much easier for a cartoon to replace an actor than a live action show or film, so i don't see why they wouldn't bring it back even if they can't sign everybody back.

The_Mike
July 19th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Bugs Bunny and Mickey Mouse weren't exactly dialogue-heavy cartoons, though. Replacing voice actors is certainly easier than replacing live action actors, and some shows have done it without a problem (such as The Fresh Prince), but I don't recall a show that replaced its entire principle cast, voice or not, which relied so heavily on the humorous lines of the main characters. It's not just about mimicking a voice, there's the chemistry and timing that the principle actors have perfected over the years that will be lost, which is a key element of a show of this type.

Adamy
July 19th, 2009, 1:19 PM
I don't recall a show that replaced its entire principle cast, voice or not, which relied so heavily on the humorous lines of the main characters.

Sesame Street has overhauled their cast of voice actors several times. I agree that this news doesn't suggest much commitment to the show's success, but it's all a question of execution. If the writing is still sharp and the dialogue is still witty, the show will do fine.

Then again, you might wind up with a "Brand Spanking New Doug" situation.

Eggbert Spam
July 19th, 2009, 1:25 PM
I doubt the show would do fine, it's a very cultish programme.

Chris
August 1st, 2009, 1:51 PM
http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/article/674841

Rob Salem

LOS ANGELES–The Star has learned exclusively that the entire voice cast of Futurama has just signed a new contract with Fox after weeks of intense salary negotiations.

As late as last week, the network was threatening to replace the original voices of Matt Groening's cult-hit cartoon, to the point of actually announcing a casting call for voice actors to replace them.

The Futurama voice cast includes John DiMaggio, Maurice LaMarche, Billy West, Tress MacNeille and Katey Sagal.

The compromise agreement, with the studio paying more and the actors accepting less, comes after the announcement of a 26-episode pick-up here by Comedy Central. Futurama also airs internationally in syndication, has produced four bestselling straight-to-DVD movies (later cut into episodes) and an upcoming feature film.

"We are thrilled to have our incredible cast back. The call has already `gone out to the animators to put the mouths back on the characters," Futurama creators Groening and David X. Cohen said in a joint statement.

virms
August 1st, 2009, 5:53 PM
Thank fuck. I have been watching nothing but Futurama for the past few days and the loss of West or Dimaggio would have devastated me. Just glad they are all back. Now if they can get the writers back into a good groove all will be good in the world.

Bill Casey
August 2nd, 2009, 12:10 AM
Once again the conservative sandwich heavy portfolio pays off for the hungry investor...

Bert
March 11th, 2010, 3:50 PM
GREAT NEWS EVERYONE!!!

... The return date for Futurama has been revealed: June 24! The revival will begin with 12 episodes "with more to follow." And!!! Futurama Facebook page says the ENTIRE original cast is returning. This is very good news.

Comedy Central confirms it will premiere the first of 12 new episodes of Futurama on June 24, at 10 p.m. ET. The network had acquired the rights to the 72 existing episodes of the former Fox series in June 2006, three years after it went off the air, and began airing them in January 2008. Viewer response, along with DVD sales, urged 20th Century Fox Television to resurrect the show on cable.

Fro
March 11th, 2010, 3:57 PM
Fuck yes. I've enjoyed the movies but it's better suited for regular length episodes.

Bill Casey
March 11th, 2010, 6:23 PM
June 24th is a Thursday...

Excel
March 11th, 2010, 6:32 PM
Wimmy wham wham wazzle!

Aussie_Outlaw
June 23rd, 2010, 5:28 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's back.

virms
June 23rd, 2010, 5:32 AM
Yer downloads of the first two episodes have been up all day. WHERE YOU BEEN I THOUGHT YOU WERE FROM THE FUTURE?

Aussie_Outlaw
June 23rd, 2010, 5:45 AM
I've been too busy doing future stuff like watching the World Cup final. Never would have expected them to win.

I found the first a bit meh, but the 2nd is pure class. Anything which essentially stars Zapp is gold.

Pipkin
June 23rd, 2010, 12:32 PM
I nearly watched these last night, but decided to watch Toy Story 3 first. I was too tired and went to bed after I watched it, and now I have to wait until after class to watch the new Futurama episodes, and I'm not happy about it. I saw some old high school friends last week, and we spent probably 60% of our time quoting Futurama and expressing our excitement about the return. Man, I can't wait until class is over today...

KorruptJustice
June 25th, 2010, 4:56 PM
I found the first a bit meh, but the 2nd is pure class. Anything which essentially stars Zapp is gold.

Agreed. The first one wasn't that great, other than one or two jokes, but the second episode, especially Zapp's reactions once his plan started to fall apart, was great. I'm glad it's back.

One Man Gang
June 25th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Watched them both. Really thankful that it has returned. They haven't missed a step.

EDIT: And I do agree that the second episode was the better of the two.

Curly Toe
June 26th, 2010, 8:46 AM
Never knew this was back.

Downloading them now.

Bill Casey
June 28th, 2010, 2:51 PM
I love the foreshadowing in the first episode, where...

Leela tells Fry if anything ever happened to him, she probably would build a robot of him too.

Excel
June 28th, 2010, 6:01 PM
Im not following you

Bill Casey
June 29th, 2010, 1:20 AM
That's exactly what did happen...

I also like that the Cyclophage is also a cyclops, which explains why it's highly endangered...
I'm enjoying the first episode more on repeat viewings...

Jimmy Zero
June 29th, 2010, 6:42 PM
Saw a link to this on Facebook. It's awesome:

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs50/i/2009/289/a/5/Futurama_X_Men_Meld_by_gottabecarl.jpg

Sweet_Chin_Music
June 29th, 2010, 7:00 PM
So happy this show is back, the first episode was pretty good, second was fantastic.

mr sabu
June 30th, 2010, 12:54 AM
:D:D:D:D the janitors gambit

One Man Gang
June 30th, 2010, 7:12 AM
Saw a link to this on Facebook. It's awesome:

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs50/i/2009/289/a/5/Futurama_X_Men_Meld_by_gottabecarl.jpg

Hahaha, the Hypnotoad is Havoc.

Fro
June 30th, 2010, 10:04 AM
What day/time are the new episodes on?

(in USA)

Excel
June 30th, 2010, 3:47 PM
Next episode is tomorrow

Attack of the Killer App! (http://www.tv.com/futurama/attack-of-the-killer-app%21/episode/1344482/summary.html?tag=ep_guide;summary)

The latest trend in social networking and having no life takes over Earth!

virus21
June 30th, 2010, 4:53 PM
Next episode is tomorrow

Attack of the Killer App! (http://www.tv.com/futurama/attack-of-the-killer-app%21/episode/1344482/summary.html?tag=ep_guide;summary)

The latest trend in social networking and having no life takes over Earth!

If the show takes place in the year 3000 then there about 1000 years to late. Thats happening now:(

Bill Casey
June 30th, 2010, 5:13 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE65S1KB20100629

"Futurama" returns with strong ratings
Paul J. Gough
Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:08am EDT

NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) - It's back to the future for "Futurama," with strong ratings for the animated sci-fi sitcom in its new home at Comedy Central and its first new episode in seven years.

"Futurama" averaged 2.9 million viewers and a 1.9 rating in adults 18-49 when it aired Thursday night on Comedy Central, Nielsen Media Research said Monday. It was tied for the highest-rated show in adults 18-49 in all TV on Thursday's primetime, and was the highest-rated show among men 18-24 and men 18-34. Comedy Central said it helped the network to its highest-rated night in 2010 and its highest-rated Thursday primetime in the history of the network.

It was the first original episode of "Futurama" on TV since 2003, when the Matt Groening/David X. Cohen series was canceled after four years on Fox Broadcasting. Comedy Central snagged the rights to "Futurama" in a deal with 20th Century Fox Television. The show had been airing in repeats on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim.

The Comedy Central synopsis of "Attack of the Killer App" states that "Fry posts an embarrassing video of Leela online." Also, there's a clip where the crew delivers E-Waste to the "Third World" of the Antares System...

Fro
July 1st, 2010, 8:16 AM
I just watched the first new episode and thought it was absolutely hysterical. The ending was a little bit too much like the bee sting/coma episode, but come on who cares about plot in Futurama.

Excel
July 2nd, 2010, 3:55 AM
That Boil thing was hilariously cruel :lol:

virms
July 2nd, 2010, 10:03 PM
And I bet most americans won't get it.

Bert
July 2nd, 2010, 10:36 PM
I want an Eyephone.

One Man Gang
July 3rd, 2010, 1:06 AM
I didn't even think that Susan Boyle was even relevant anymore. However it was clever and funny. I also approve of a two headed goat that spews vomit and diarrhea. May it rest in peace.

Bill Casey
July 3rd, 2010, 2:47 AM
Ewww, she's Scottish...

I didn't even think that Susan Boyle was even relevant anymore.

That was part of the joke, actually...
A week later, noone cared...

Excel
July 3rd, 2010, 4:48 AM
Since moving to Comedy Central Ive noticed that Futurama has been pushing their own envelope more. I cant see them ever having done the puking, shitting goat with "all of his orifaces (sp?) in use" back when they were on FOX

virms
July 3rd, 2010, 11:00 AM
Nah, they would have done that. They can get away with more on Comedy Central though than Fox...that's for sure.

I imagine once we get about half way through the season we will see a bit more from them. I am pretty sure the first 6 episodes or more were pretty well already written from their previous stint. I do know the majority of the eyephone episode was done in 2003.

Aussie_Outlaw
July 3rd, 2010, 11:41 AM
Where did you hear that the first few episodes were written from earlier? All I've read is that when they were told about the revival they started working on it all again... nothing about pulling unused scripts from the first run.

In an 28 August 2009 Newsday story, Cohen revealed that "there are six scripts currently in the works, ranging in scale from 'it's a crazy idea that someone's grandmother thought of' to 'it's all on paper.'
http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/tv/futurama-finds-a-new-future-on-comedy-central-1.1402526

Regarding the adult content.. David X Cohen has already said in interviews they do get away with more but they're not looking to push a racier show just that it may be the same racy level in greater amounts.

We’re definitely not going way outside of the lines of what we’ve done before. My main priority is to make it feel like this is the same Futurama, and if you’re a Futurama fan you’re going to like these episodes. That said, I think there are a couple of episodes where we do push that edge a little bit, thanks to our being on Comedy Central — nothing that couldn’t have run the first time, but perhaps the quantity of borderline material is a little higher.
http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/05/25/futurama-david-x-cohen-preview/

KorruptJustice
July 3rd, 2010, 1:09 PM
One minor nitpick about the eyephone episode; was it just me or was someone else doing the voice of the Mayor? Granted, it's been a little while since I've seen an episode with him in it, but it didn't sound like I remember it at all.

virms
July 3rd, 2010, 9:47 PM
Where did you hear that the first few episodes were written from earlier? All I've read is that when they were told about the revival they started working on it all again... nothing about pulling unused scripts from the first run.

I will try and dig up the article again. It shouldn't be to hard to find just when I have a bit more time.

Bill Casey
July 3rd, 2010, 9:52 PM
They mentioned the six episode plots at Comic Con...

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Comic-Con-Futurama-Ignores-Controversy-Promises-To-Take-On-Twitter-18844.html

- Zack and Leila will be stranded on a planet.

- Mom controls Twitter in the future.

- Co-Creator David X. Cohen says that the tv show would have “literal rebirth” and we should hide our eyes when it comes.

- Fry goes into the future in a time machine that only goes forward. He can’t go back so he keeps going forward trying to find a time machine that goes back.

- A parody of Prop 8, with Bender and Amy wanting a robosexual wedding. There is a Prop Infinity attempt to stop them.

- Zoidberg and the Professors original meeting, where you see why Zoidberg was hired.

Tempest
July 9th, 2010, 6:41 AM
Loved this weeks the most so far, Bender was on top form.

Fro
July 9th, 2010, 9:15 AM
What's next, GAY robosexual marriage?

Mr_Nobody
July 9th, 2010, 9:22 PM
NetFlix has all the seasons and movies of Futurama on their Instant Watch, so I've started watching the series back over from the start. Got through the first season today, and have moved into the second season. Lots of fun.

eldanielfire
July 12th, 2010, 4:50 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/eldanielfire/nixondespair.png

Pipkin
July 12th, 2010, 5:25 PM
Yeah, that Nixon poster made for good discussion the next day in my government class when I brought it up. We had just finished discussing Watergate and Ford's pardon, and were talking about Nixon's legacy.

Bill Casey
July 30th, 2010, 12:57 AM
Hot fucking damn Futurama is awesome...
"Lethal Inspection" and "The Late Philip J. Fry" are particularly brilliant...

Props to the choice of music for the ending to "Lethal Inspection", a touching episode about two of the least likely characters to have a touching episode based around them...

YouTube- Little Bird, Little Bird Music Video Performed by Elizabeth Mitchell

eldanielfire
August 22nd, 2010, 6:19 PM
I ahve to say, after a decent start the season has grown into a brilliant one. The past 5 or 6 episodes have genuinely been brilliant. Original, funny and clever.

I ahve tp say Amy has really grown as a character. She's been one of the top 3 this season. She was never a bad character or anything but the writers are doing far nore with her than previously and it's working.

Actually the season is nicely pulling away from the Fry, Leela and Bender centre and pairing up characters which haven't really interacted before (Nibbler and Amy, Bender and Zoidberg) and the variation in plaots have been greater than ever with just as much focus on character.

The Comet Kid
August 22nd, 2010, 7:59 PM
Just noticed there theres only 2 more episodes left till december :(

Bill Casey
August 22nd, 2010, 8:56 PM
Regarding the mind switching episode...

http://www.aps.org/publications/apsnews/201005/profiles.cfm

In an APS News exclusive, Cohen reveals for the first time that in the 10th episode of the upcoming season, tentatively entitled “The Prisoner of Benda,” a theorem based on group theory was specifically written (and proven!) by staffer/PhD mathematician Ken Keeler to explain a plot twist. Cohen can’t help but chuckle at the irony: his television-writing rule is that entertainment trumps science, but in this special case, a mathematical theorem was penned for the sake of entertainment.

http://pool.theinfosphere.org/images/4/4e/Prisoner_of_Benda_Theorem_on_Chalkboard.png

Sweet Clyde and Bubblegum Tate used thirteen switches to restore everyone, which is apparently the least amount of switches necessary...

That's pretty awesome...

grimshaw
August 23rd, 2010, 3:44 AM
The oddest thing about that is that it was never proved before? I don't mean to demean it but as someone with a background in permutation group theory that is completely elementary.

I was *very chuffed* though to see such legit mathematics in the episode - just a little sceptical of the claim that it's new.

This season of futurama has blown me away - after the movies I had fairly low expectations, to be honest. But the series has been great.

Excel
August 23rd, 2010, 6:01 AM
What was wrong with the movies?

http://media.gamerevolution.com/images/blogpics/futurama.jpg

eldanielfire
August 23rd, 2010, 6:16 AM

They weren't as good as the usual episodes and often got bogge down in their own plots and trying to stretch their concepts out to 4 times their usual length. The 1st and 4th were good, but the middle two were weak in my opinion.

Bill Casey
August 23rd, 2010, 4:49 PM
The oddest thing about that is that it was never proved before? I don't mean to demean it but as someone with a background in permutation group theory that is completely elementary.

I was *very chuffed* though to see such legit mathematics in the episode - just a little sceptical of the claim that it's new.
Did they ever do a switching quandry where any two values can't directly switch back, but through a series of one way switches must return to their original origin point?

Bill Casey
August 23rd, 2010, 4:51 PM
http://www.geekstir.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/goodneweveryone.jpg

Excel
August 23rd, 2010, 5:13 PM
HAHAAHAHA

Thats brilliant!

I did indeed read it in my my in Darnsworths voice.

grimshaw
August 24th, 2010, 3:54 AM
Did they ever do a switching quandry where any two values can't directly switch back, but through a series of one way switches must return to their original origin point?

Seems a natural question to ask, not that I ever asked it. In any case reading the proof it's the kind of thing you'd expect to see in an undergrad exam. Still SUPER DUPER COOL, but I doubt it could be published.

Atty
August 26th, 2010, 1:53 PM

http://media.gamerevolution.com/images/blogpics/futurama.jpg

That bitch is blocking the tv.

Bill Casey
August 26th, 2010, 1:59 PM
She has a very sexy learning disability...

Atty
August 26th, 2010, 2:05 PM
Sigh...

Sexlexia...

Bill Casey
August 26th, 2010, 5:28 PM
This time we are sure she's a woman, right?

Bill Casey
September 3rd, 2010, 6:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNA7DcVppEs

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/4121/futurama02.jpg (http://img94.imageshack.us/i/futurama02.jpg/)

Nobody does it better

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/2330/futurama03.jpg (http://img831.imageshack.us/i/futurama03.jpg/)

Makes me feel sad for the rest

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/5368/futurama04.jpg (http://img718.imageshack.us/i/futurama04.jpg/)

Nobody does it half as good as you

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/6263/futurama05.jpg (http://img705.imageshack.us/i/futurama05.jpg/)

Baby, you're the best

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/8954/futurama06.jpg (http://img163.imageshack.us/i/futurama06.jpg/)

I wasn't lookin' but somehow you found me

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/2722/futurama07.jpg (http://img824.imageshack.us/i/futurama07.jpg/)

I tried to hide from your love light

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/5670/futurama08.jpg (http://img207.imageshack.us/i/futurama08.jpg/)

But like heaven above me the spy who loved me

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/104/futurama09.jpg (http://img59.imageshack.us/i/futurama09.jpg/)

Is keepin' all my secrets safe tonight

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/3608/futurama10.jpg (http://img299.imageshack.us/i/futurama10.jpg/)

And nobody does it better

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/8384/futurama13.jpg (http://img37.imageshack.us/i/futurama13.jpg/)

Though sometimes I wish someone could

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/238/futurama15.jpg (http://img820.imageshack.us/i/futurama15.jpg/)

Nobody does it quite the way you do

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/6391/futurama14.jpg (http://img97.imageshack.us/i/futurama14.jpg/)

Why'd you have to be so good?

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/363/futurama16.jpg (http://img838.imageshack.us/i/futurama16.jpg/)

The way that you hold me whenever you hold me

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/4493/futurama17.jpg (http://img695.imageshack.us/i/futurama17.jpg/)

There's some kind of magic inside you

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/4227/futurama18.jpg (http://img844.imageshack.us/i/futurama18.jpg/)

That keeps me from runnin' but just keep it comin'

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/8615/futurama19.jpg (http://img810.imageshack.us/i/futurama19.jpg/)

How'd you learn to do the things you do?

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/2539/futurama20.jpg (http://img62.imageshack.us/i/futurama20.jpg/)

And nobody does it better

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/7199/futurama21.jpg (http://img689.imageshack.us/i/futurama21.jpg/)

Makes me feel sad for the rest

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/5148/futurama22.jpg (http://img153.imageshack.us/i/futurama22.jpg/)

Nobody does it half as good as you

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/4250/futurama23.jpg (http://img52.imageshack.us/i/futurama23.jpg/)

Baby, baby, darlin', you're the best

Jimmy Zero
September 5th, 2010, 9:40 PM
Favorite new character:
http://pool.theinfosphere.org/images/e/e1/Professor_Fisherprice_Shpeekenshpell.jpg

"The horse says: DOCTORATE DENIED!"

Bill Casey
September 6th, 2010, 2:41 PM
Favorite New Character:
http://pool.theinfosphere.org/images/thumb/7/7e/Dr._Banjo.png/800px-Dr._Banjo.png

"Doctor Banjo?"

A nice take off of Dr. Zaius. A hyper intelligent orangutan creation scientist just tickles me. I hope he returns any time they need a bunk scientist. Like for global warming, new age medicine, armageddon, cryptozoology, etc. And I hope "DOCTOR BANJO?" becomes a tag line like "WERNSTROM!"

http://pool.theinfosphere.org/images/8/85/Grrrl.jpg

I also hope Zoidberg and Grrrl get together. That'd just be a funny relationship to me. "You live in a dumpster? That's so hot!" It's a shame she wasn't voiced by a regular...

Excel
May 9th, 2011, 7:05 PM
Dont know how common this knowledge is, but I just read that Futurama was renewed for two more seasons with a total of 26 episodes and I was psyched

The_Mike
May 10th, 2011, 9:09 AM
Sounds like good news, everyone.

eldanielfire
May 10th, 2011, 4:35 PM
Dont know how common this knowledge is, but I just read that Futurama was renewed for two more seasons with a total of 26 episodes and I was psyched

:yes:

The_Mike
June 28th, 2011, 12:02 PM
So what did everybody think of the first two episodes? I liked them, made me smile, and I wonder if we'll be seeing the mini-Benders again.

The Comet Kid
June 28th, 2011, 1:05 PM
Wasn't mad about the first one tbh, thought it was a bit of a let down. 2nd one was grand, looking forward to this weeks again.

KorruptJustice
June 28th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Wasn't mad about the first one tbh, thought it was a bit of a let down. 2nd one was grand, looking forward to this weeks again.

Agreed. The first one didn't really make me laugh any, but I thought the second one was enjoyable. The preview for this week's episode looked promising.

The_Mike
June 29th, 2011, 10:59 AM
I did laugh a bit with the first one, but definitely found the second better as well. One thing that concerns me a bit as Futurama goes on is that Bender is so loveable and generally stories revolving around him are really entertaining, that I worry he might get used more and more with his characteristics over-emphasised to the point of him ending up like Homer Simpson. Fortunately the producers seem to have avoided that so far. They also have plenty of quality characters in the core group so Bender can easily be given a break, whereas I often found Simpsons episodes revolving around Marge or Lisa to end up a bit of a chore, and then Homer became just a jerk and Bart would have his random bouts of outright sociopathic behaviour. It's obviously tough going thinking up new scenarios and keeping the characters consistent while at the same time fresh, though.