PDA

View Full Version : Total Top Ten (Party) Time.

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

Ringo
January 21st, 2009, 5:01 PM
Personally, Lesnar/Undertaker HIAC is the best ever. Just a fucking outstanding match. Michaels/Undertaker is pretty damn amazing too, but it just didn't hit me like it hits most people-- but that's probably because I saw it for the first time only a few years ago.

Brock reversing the tombstone into the F5 for the pin, then celebrating on top of the cell as a near-dead Taker looks up at him with glassy eyes is just incredible.

:yes: I was very close to putting it at number one. I only went with HBK/Taker first because it was the original, but both are about level for me.

The entire thing is just brutal - both Taker and Lesnar looked amazing in this match. Heyman on the outside was incredible for the entire time. Blood all over his face. Sitting there screaming at Brock.

Stuff like Lesnar repeatedly smashing Taker into the turnbuckle and then the Cage, the very same thing that Taker had done to Shawn in the first Cell. Taker man-handled Shawn for much of that match, and amazingly Lesnar somehow managed to do the same to Taker. Lesnar holding onto the top of the Cell and swinging his feet right into Taker's face. The entire brawl on the outside right before Taker fucks Heyman up and right after is brilliant. It just feels so real.

The match used the Cell structure perfectly, where as other matches have been brawls inside a Cell which other than somebody scraping somebody's face against the Cell for a bit was no different to a regular brawl.

The final image of Lesnar on top and Taker beneath looking, for the first time in a one-on-one Cell, completely and utterly defeated - almost not quite believing what has just happened.

IB
January 21st, 2009, 5:03 PM
I am not a fan of the new / taller HIAC. It basically ensures that the match will not leave the confines of the cell again..Or atleast no more falls from atop the cage.

Ringo
January 21st, 2009, 5:03 PM
Top 10 Reasons to Watch RAW Currently
1. R
2. A
3. N
4. D
5. Y
6. O
7. R
8. T
9. O
10. N

That seems about right...

:yesyes:

And I now that, like me, Jericho is one of your favourite wrestlers ever, and we both agree that he's awesome right now. Which just shows how magnificent and exciting Orton is as a character.

IB
January 21st, 2009, 5:04 PM
And thank god his name landed at exactly 10 characters!

ANT
January 21st, 2009, 5:05 PM
Ringo, what are your best entrances ever? Granted, Cena and Taker probably have all of them.

Ringo
January 21st, 2009, 5:08 PM
That's a tough one.

Let's see, we've got Cena at 22, Cena at 23, Cena at 24, Spaceship Cena, One Night Stand Cena, Rumble 08 Cena... any others?

Taker at IX, Taker at 14, Taker at 20 Taker at Unforgiven 07, Taker at 24... Ummm...

I know there's not much too it, but Flair at the Rumble 92 with the camera zooming in on him with Heenan screaming is fucking awesome.

Trips at 22.

Kane's flaming city at 20, Kane's flaming Ladders at 21...

Shawn at 12..

What else?

The_New_Rock
January 21st, 2009, 5:09 PM
The top 10 Royal Rumble Matches
1.2001-

The Top 10 World Title Matches In Rumble History
1.Triple H Vs Cactus Jack-2000
2.Kurt Angle Vs Chris Benoit-2003
3.Shawn Michaels Vs. Undertaker-1998
4.John Cena Vs Umaga-2007
5.The Rock Vs Mankind-1999
6.The Rock Vs Chris Jericho-2002
7.Undertaker Vs Bret Hart-1996
8.Bret Hart Vs Razor Ramon-1993
9.Randy Orton Vs Jeff Hardy-2008
10.Shawn Michaels Vs Psycho Sid-1997

ANT
January 21st, 2009, 5:10 PM
There's the Cena Judgement Day one. Taker's at Survivor Series 2005 wasn't really an entrance for a match, but it was awesome regardless. A flaming casket fgs. Also Taker appearing at the end of RR 06 with the horses.

Vice
January 21st, 2009, 5:13 PM
:yes: I was very close to putting it at number one. I only went with HBK/Taker first because it was the original, but both are about level for me.

The entire thing is just brutal - both Taker and Lesnar looked amazing in this match. Heyman on the outside was incredible for the entire time. Blood all over his face. Sitting there screaming at Brock.

Stuff like Lesnar repeatedly smashing Taker into the turnbuckle and then the Cage, the very same thing that Taker had done to Shawn in the first Cell. Taker man-handled Shawn for much of that match, and amazingly Lesnar somehow managed to do the same to Taker. Lesnar holding onto the top of the Cell and swinging his feet right into Taker's face. The entire brawl on the outside right before Taker fucks Heyman up and right after is brilliant. It just feels so real.

The match used the Cell structure perfectly, where as other matches have been brawls inside a Cell which other than somebody scraping somebody's face against the Cell for a bit was no different to a regular brawl.

The final image of Lesnar on top and Taker beneath looking, for the first time in a one-on-one Cell, completely and utterly defeated - almost not quite believing what has just happened.

I agree with all of that. :yes:

To me, the match and the final moments truly solidified Brock for the first time. WWE brought him up as The Next Big Thing and gave him an incredible push. That, coupled with good opponents and both protecting him in the ring to a degree (and out, with Heyman on the mic), made him a big name. But was it just hype and excellent handling of him? I wasn't sure. At the end of that cell match though.. fuck. Brock was The Big Thing and he came to play.

I need to see that match again.

IB
I liked MVP's entrance from Wrestlemania 23

personal favorite : Ric Flair Wrestlemania 24

Badger
SPACESHIP CENA!

Ringo
January 21st, 2009, 5:15 PM
I miss Lesnar :(

And yeah, MVP at 23 was fucking great.

Ringo
January 21st, 2009, 5:17 PM
Best John Cena entrances:

1: The Rumble one
2: The spaceship one
3: The one when he came to Raw
4: Mafia Cena
5: One Night Stand '06 heads down
6: Fast car Cena
7: The Rumble '03 one with the rapping and ridiculous floral jeans
8: Survivor Series '03 rap
9: Royal Rumble '05 MONSTER POP
10: Debut charge

Batter's post from a while back :yes:

Forgot about the Raw and Rumble 03 ones. BOO YAH.

Badger
January 21st, 2009, 5:18 PM
King Mabel:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DaBZocvJ9og

I feel for the guys carrying him

I think Jeff may be one of them.

IB
January 21st, 2009, 5:20 PM
That reminds me of that show on Discovery Health. They had to tear down his bedroom wall to get him out of there. He is a fucking hog for sure.

EDIT: Is the dude they show close up Jeff Hardy or do my eyes deceive me!?

ANT
January 21st, 2009, 5:20 PM
Cena and Taker need to have an entrance-off at Wrestlemania. They get 3 entrances each. After each they just walk back to the back and do another one.

Top 5 Please come back.

1. Rock
2. Angle
3. Lesnar
4. Christian
5. Joy Giovanni (fuck yea)

Ringo
January 21st, 2009, 5:22 PM
Jeff and Matt are both there I believe, as well as doing the door opening as well. They mentioned it on the DVD.

Badger
January 21st, 2009, 5:22 PM
Batter's post from a while back :yes:

Forgot about the Raw and Rumble 03 ones. BOO YAH.

I thought Fast Car Cena was a bit shit honestly.

Ringo
January 21st, 2009, 5:23 PM
Fast Car Cena was fucking awesome you shithouse!

Badger
January 21st, 2009, 5:26 PM
Just seemed like a cheesy advert for Ford because they were in the "motor city."

Not over the top enough.

Vice
I thought Fast Car Cena was a bit shit honestly.

So was gangster Cena, spaceship Cena and marching band Cena.

One Night Stand Cena was pretty awesome though.

Ringo
Cena likes his cars though so it wasn't completely random.

IB
January 21st, 2009, 5:28 PM
I am searching online for some really good entrances. I can't find alot in one spot but Goldust comes to mind. He had glitter/camera affects and whigs....

Badger
January 21st, 2009, 5:30 PM
So was gangster Cena, spaceship Cena and marching band Cena.

Those were hilariously over the top and awesome.

Fast Car Cena was basically a cheap advert for Ford because they were in the "Motor City" and the Ford Field. Not really over the top enough.

Cewsh
January 21st, 2009, 5:42 PM

Man, I got chills just reading that and remembering. Amazing, amazing match.

Now I have to make a list.

Top 10 Hell in a Cell Matches

1. The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels.

Just for the sheer ass kicking that Michaels took. It really set the tone for what Hell in a Cell could be all about. And then the amazing debut for Kane at the end, that got his character over better than any vignette ever could.

2. Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker.

I wasn't into it at the time, mostly because Lesnar had been squashing people so much that it seemed like it didn't have any meaning anymore. Looking back though...wow. Just a perfect brawl, a violent masterpiece. And the first time I really felt like Lesnar could be a fantastic worker after all.

3. Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels.

It physically hurts me that the only person who agrees with me on this match seems to be Bulldozer of all people, but I don't care. All of the effort and time that went into this feud made it seem just so BIG, that by the time this match came, it was almost too big to actually be blown off. 45 minutes later, though, they had pulled off a conclusive ending with a brutal and epic match, that showed just how dominant Triple H was at the time, and how far Shawn was willing to go to be the better man. Just an intense and personal match, that really took my fancy and still does.

4. Triple H vs. Chris Jericho.

Yeah, I know. Two internet pariah matches in a row. I remember seeing this match and thinking it was one of the greatest things that I had ever seen, and then coming to the internet and finding out that everyone hated it to death, and it lessened my love for the match. The feud going into the match was really lackluster, which makes the lack of love understandable, but Triple H really knew his way around the Cell by then, and Jericho used every tool and trick he had to make the match spectacular, and make Triple H look like a killer. And the Pedigree into the top of the Cell is still one of my favorite finishes of all time.

5. Triple H vs. Batista.

I wavered about putting this one up this high, because the rest of this list is very closely contested, and I feel like the top 4 are a cut above the rest of these, but when I really think about it, this is the best match by my judging criteria of the remaining class. Batista just being so dominant and unstoppable, and Triple H just being at the height of his heel work, it just meshed together so well, and the crowd was just so hot for Batista, the whole thing feels so fantastic when you watch it. Batista beats Triple H in his own match, and seals off the feud that made him a true star. Just great stuff.

6. The Undertaker vs. Edge.

The magic of this match was the build to it. Vickie punishing Edge, the fantastic Foley promo (his best in years), Edge losing his mind because he knew it was the only way to stand a chance, and the undertaker being just an ominous destructive force waiting in the wings. It was all done just so well. And then there comes the match, and Edge just throws everything he has at the Undertaker, but he just can't pull it off, and that last image of Edge falling into the pit as the Undertaker poses was one of the most affecting images of recent times in wrestling.

7. Triple H vs. Cactus Jack.

This match is more of a fond moment than it is a great match. Triple H wasn't quite at his peak in terms of heel wrestling, and Mick Foley's skills were quickly deteriorating. That said, these guys had a great and fun brawl, and the firey 2x4 and the spot through the cage were both absolutely indelible images as well. But this match will be remembered for being the match that should have been the end of Foley's career. And if it had been, I think iI wouldn't be able to help rating it even higher.

8. The Rock vs. Rikishi vs. Steve Austin vs. Triple H vs. Kurt Angle vs. The Undertaker.

This was actually the first PPV I ever bought as a fan, and as such, there's a healthy dose of Attitude Era Syndrome involved in my memories of it, but after watching it again, I really do like it for its uniqueness, its star power, the diverse spots it has, but most of all for Kurt Angle's brilliance as the sneaky heel desperate to save the title despite his long odds of winning. Very good match.

9. Triple H vs. Kevin Nash.

I HATED this match at the time. Absolutely loathed it, thought it was shit and a waste of my time. Then the next time I watched it, I thought it was brilliant, masterfully worked to cover everyone's weaknesses, and completely appropriate. The truth, however, is almost certainly somewhere in between the two. The build was rushed and practically nonexistant, Nash had ALOT of weaknesses to cover, and Mick had no business near the ring at the time. However this match was one of those rare times when a bad match on paper becomes something really special thanks to a gimmick that really works and great chemistry between the two opponents. An underrated match, and i'm glad to see Ringo begin to give it the props it deserves.

10. The Undertaker vs. Randy Orton.

Going into this match, I was really very ho hum about it, to be honest. We had seen the Undertaker face just about everybody in the Cell, and it hadn't been so long since Lesnar had already played the "Young lion challenges Taker in his domain" card. However, when it came to the match itself, it couldn't have been more different from Lesnar's match in the Cell. This was during Orton's incredibly underrated period on Smackdown where he was truly coming into his own as a heel wrestler with the help of his dad who was a really fantastic manager and added alot to the production. I never think of Orton as a guy who can do bloody brawls, but he's shown that with the right opponent, he can do it at a very, very high level, and this is a fantastic example.

Note: You don't see Mankind vs. The Undertaker here. No, it isn't a mistake. I can't, in good conscience, call that a match, and even if I could, it I couldn't make myself label it a good one. It was a spectacle. A dramatic, memorable, frozen in time moment for the collective memory of wrestling fans all over the world. But thanks to the very thing that makes it memorable, it lacks any real structure or flow, and it really ruined the Hell in a Cell gimmick for years and years because nothing could live up to this.

IB
January 21st, 2009, 5:44 PM
thanks for the kinds words edge..humph.

EDIT: But all in all I did enjoy your list.

:)

Cewsh
January 21st, 2009, 5:50 PM
9. Triple H vs. Kevin Nash.

I HATED this match at the time. Absolutely loathed it, thought it was shit and a waste of my time. Then the next time I watched it, I thought it was brilliant, masterfully worked to cover everyone's weaknesses, and completely appropriate. The truth, however, is almost certainly somewhere in between the two. The build was rushed and practically nonexistant, Nash had ALOT of weaknesses to cover, and Mick had no business near the ring at the time. However this match was one of those rare times when a bad match on paper becomes something really special thanks to a gimmick that really works and great chemistry between the two opponents. An underrated match, and i'm glad to see Ringo begin to give it the props it deserves.

thanks for the kinds words edge..humph.

EDIT: But all in all I did enjoy your list. Can you explain why you left off Nash vs HHH? This match gets alot of heat and after watching it I couldnt' figure out why really. It wasnt amazing but it was by no means a bad HIAC.

Er...

IB
January 21st, 2009, 5:51 PM
whoops

Vice
January 21st, 2009, 5:51 PM
3. Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels.

It physically hurts me that the only person who agrees with me on this match seems to be Bulldozer of all people, but I don't care. All of the effort and time that went into this feud made it seem just so BIG, that by the time this match came, it was almost too big to actually be blown off. 45 minutes later, though, they had pulled off a conclusive ending with a brutal and epic match, that showed just how dominant Triple H was at the time, and how far Shawn was willing to go to be the better man. Just an intense and personal match, that really took my fancy and still does.

There was a lot of great, great shit in that match. A bit long with some really slow parts, but it certainly had that epic feel. I think that if it was two different wrestlers (or Michaels and someone else) with the same story, it'd be rated a lot higher.

I think one of the biggest problems with the length is the lack of desire for people to give it a second/third watch. With a 10-15 minute match that you have painful memories of, you can bring yourself to watch it again fairly easily. But 50 minutes is pushing it. A lot.

First time I fucking loved it, which was when you and I watched it live on PPV. Second time I thought it was slow garbage. Third time I thought it was somewhat slow with some awesome stuff in it. So, not entirely sure what I actually think of it. But when they first did it when I was following the feud and saw everything build up to it, there was absolutely no other way of wrapping it all up. It was built up to be that damn big and epic.

Cewsh
January 21st, 2009, 5:55 PM
There was a lot of great, great shit in that match. A bit long with some really slow parts, but it certainly had that epic feel. I think that if it was two different wrestlers (or Michaels and someone else) with the same story, it'd be rated a lot higher.

I think one of the biggest problems with the length is the lack of desire for people to give it a second/third watch. With a 10-15 minute match that you have painful memories of, you can bring yourself to watch it again fairly easily. But 50 minutes is pushing it. A lot.

First time I fucking loved it, which was when you and I watched it live on PPV. Second time I thought it was slow garbage. Third time I thought it was somewhat slow with some awesome stuff in it. So, not entirely sure what I actually think of it. But when they first did it when I was following the feud and saw everything build up to it, there was absolutely no other way of wrapping it all up. It was built up to be that damn big and epic.

My thoughts exactly. EXACTLY.

And I have to say that of all of the ones that i've seen live, that one was by far the one that sucked me in and had me enthralled the most. When we watched it, we were cracking jokes at first, but after a few minutes, I was absolutely on the edge of my seat.

I can completely understand it if people found it slow, boring, or anything else. I don't hold those thoughts against them. But to me, it really was a special match, and maybe more people would have thought so too if it weren't Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels like you said.

If it were Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat and wrestled move for move the same way, I find it hard to believe that it wouldn;t be rated higher.

Ringo
January 21st, 2009, 5:58 PM
I said something similar a couple of pages back.

I did my best to watch the entire match really closely, and there really is some magnificent stuff, no doubt about it. But there is also at least 20 minutes of laying about, staggering around bloody, meaningless punches... not really doing much.

Now Shawn/Trips was somewhat hard to get through, but I did it! There's actually some really good stuff here. Early stuff like Trips throwing Shawn out the ring a number of times only for him to get right back in and just start pummeling away on Trips again and again, the horrific smile when Shawn brings his ladder into play, Trips ramming Shawn repeatedly into the post and the cell just like Taker did to Shawn in the very fist Cell. There's another bit where they're just sitting there, covered in blood, smacking each other in the face back and forth which was great too. Cut out 20/25 minutes of fuck all and it would have been pretty bloody good, but obviously that 20/25 minutes of wanking about and being shit is still there and as such affects the match in a negative way.

:yes:

Vice
January 21st, 2009, 6:03 PM
Orton vs. Cactus Jack was a great match, but it didn't really tell a great story, in my opinion. Orton took some nasty bumps which definitely elevated him, but the match was just lacking something. You knew Foley wasn't walking away with the belt.

So, I voted for HHH vs. HBK hell in a cell. I know many people didn't like it, but I thought it was brilliant. The ending dragged, but it made perfect sense. Orton slipped away with the win over Foley, catching him off guard. That's not how HHH/HBK needed to end their massive feud. They gave everything for what, 50 minutes? They were practically dead at the end, and that's how it should have been.

From July 2004, a week before Cewsh joined the forums. Yes, it's the extremely rare white-fonted Vice in the quote above. I still stand by what I said about Foley/Orton, but I'm not getting into a discussion about it.

Cewsh
January 21st, 2009, 6:04 PM
:heart:

Ringo
January 21st, 2009, 6:05 PM
I agree somewhat about Orton/Foley by the way. I still really really like it, and it DID put Orton over pretty huge, but I do agree in that the end result was pretty obvious and the way that the actual match played out was somewhat predictable, which means I don't quite rate it as high as some.

Vice
January 21st, 2009, 6:06 PM
But there is also at least 20 minutes of laying about, staggering around bloody, meaningless punches... not really doing much.

If you allow yourself to get into the match and try to feel what the wrestlers are feeling, everything makes.. sense. I know that sounds stupid, but sometimes you just need to turn your brain off and not be a critic. :angelic:

Ringo
January 21st, 2009, 6:13 PM
I can honestly say though, that if I did just "turn my brain off", I'd have enjoyed it more if it was 20 minutes shorter... that's all I'm saying.

Atty
January 21st, 2009, 6:30 PM
:yesyes:

And I now that, like me, Jericho is one of your favourite wrestlers ever, and we both agree that he's awesome right now. Which just shows how magnificent and exciting Orton is as a character.

It's kind of strange to describe, Jericho is my all-time favorite—but I like Orton more right now. He's just utterly insane (in all ways) right now and it's glorious. And Jericho's at the top of his game and Orton's better right now.

Just wait until they feud again. And, yes, it's coming after Orton finishes with Cena. I can see it now: the McMahons send Jericho after him, kind of like Dude Love after Austin in '98... :wanker:

ANT
January 21st, 2009, 7:25 PM
Top 10 Favorite TV matches

1. Benoit/Austin SD 2001
2. Eddie/Edge SD 2002
3. Jericho/Benoit vs. Austin/HHH RAW 2001
4. HBK/Cena RAW 2007
5. Eddie/Rey SD 2005
6. Angle/Benoit vs. Edge/Rey SD 2002
7. Angle/Benoit RAW 2001
8. JBL/Undertaker SD 2005
9. Regal/Benoit Velocity 2005
10.Angle/Benoit/Edge/Eddie SD 2002

This is a terribly hard list, and I'm not even sure its in order after the top 3 or so. I could have filled this list with Smackdown stuff from 2002. HHHHHBK from RAW in late 2003 is also good, plus that great 10 man tag match from RAW in early 2000 with DX, Radicals, Rock, Cactus Jack, and Too Cool. This list is some of my faves though.

Ringo
January 21st, 2009, 7:29 PM
You really liked Eddie/Edge that much? I literally just watched it on the Viva La Raza DVD, and while it's definitely fucking good, I certainly would'nt have put it anywhere near as high as that. Not sure it'd even be top 20 of the decade for me. I mean there were some pretty sick spots, like the perfect Sunset Flip Powerbomb off the Ladder, that big back boy drop etc.

What did you like about it so much, if you don't mind me asking?

Just felt that there wasn't anywhere near as much to the match as some of those others you listed, as well as a few more that I can think of as well.

ANT
January 21st, 2009, 8:00 PM
Yeah, its probably one of my favorite on the list. Just the way the feud went, and the use of the ladder particularly. Both guys were really hot at this time period, and it really showed. Even though Smackdown was churning out great matches week after week at this time, that one (along with a few others) stands to me. The last 7-8 minutes of that match was phenomenal. The Edge's counter into the powerbomb, the sunset, the crazy back body drop, and of course the finisher from the top of the ladder.

Ringo
January 21st, 2009, 8:07 PM
Cool :yes:

It's true that I wasn't watching at this point by the way.

I'm a bit of an EMOTIONS freak really. I like my matches (the ones which I really look upon as "classics") to really make me feel something - some sort of connection with the characters in the match. Matches like Lesnar/Eddie, Bret/Austin Mania, Taker/Jeff Ladder Match, Eddie/Rey June 05, HBK/Jericho, Taker/Brock HIAC, Flair/Shawn, JBL/Eddie etc. did this for me.

This was great action no doubt - but it was just two competitive wrestlers wrestling, now this CAN be enough to put on a classic, like Benoit/Angle at the Royal Rumble for example, but more often than not I want some sort of real EMOTION from the guys involved. Whether it's hate, love, desperation, pride, triumph, betrayal.. whatever.

Fanny Batter
January 21st, 2009, 8:49 PM
There was some good character work in the Benoit/Angle match that put it above the countercounterhighspotcounter matches like RVD/Lynn. Desperation, passion, intensity, pain, dejection - it doesn't bring it like Austin/Hart did, but the way both men got over the importance of the win was great, with Benoit in particular bringing the emotion.

Ringo
January 21st, 2009, 9:01 PM
That's true actually, and I thought about that just after I posted that but hoped somebody wouldn't CALL ME OUT over it. Bad example.

TapOut
January 21st, 2009, 9:22 PM
10. Triple H/Cactus Jack 1997 (not the best, but it was hard-hitting fun and seeing Foley as Cactus again stands out).
09. Angle/Cena First Blood Match 2005 (Again, not the best.. but the atmosphere was CRAZY and the match not half-bad at all).
08. Benoit/Austin Raw 2000
07. Booker/Benoit SD 2005 (the one with the crazy Benoit dive)
06. Bulldog/Owen vs. Austin/Michaels 1997
06. Flair/Big Show ECW 2006
04. Flair/Edge TLC
03. Jericho/Benoit vs. Austin/HHH Raw 2001
02. Angle/Benoit Cage Match
01. Austin/Benoit SD 2001

ANT
January 21st, 2009, 9:25 PM
I completely forgot about that Benoit match with insane dive to the outside. Good pick.

JP
January 21st, 2009, 9:27 PM
Good to see Nash/HHH getting some of the credit it deserves.

I remember getting slated at the time thanks to my appreciation for that match.

Cewsh
January 21st, 2009, 9:31 PM
Well this is the internet.

And it was TRIPLE H and KEVIN NASH.

It never had a chance.

Ringo
January 21st, 2009, 9:33 PM
I've gone from thinking that it was completely pointless putting that in a Cell when it really didn't need to be and as such making the gimmick less "special", to thinking that it was in fact very clever booking. Covered up all the weaknesses that the two had at this point and what we ended up getting was a super brutal bloodbath/car wreck. There was a fucking SCREWDRIVER in this match for fuck sake. Brutal. And Foley really added to the match as well.

Also, good to see you listed Taker/Edge, Cewsh, but somewhat UPSETTING that it's lower than certain others. Edge was GOLD here, and Taker turning the tables and doing all those things that Edge had done to him over the previous 10 months - the camera shot, the con-chair-to, putting him through stacked tables etc. - was just so awesome and really what HIAC was originally created for. Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide - PAYBACK. Only this time Taker actually got the job done unlike in 1997.

JP
January 21st, 2009, 9:35 PM
I said all this at the time.

I hate the internet. :grumpy:

Ringo
January 21st, 2009, 9:40 PM
Talking of matches JP likes which probably aren't talked about enough for silly reasons, I watched Rock/Foley I Quit the other day. Oh My God I love it, but I feel like some sort of sick criminal for watching it. Utterly disgusting match.

JP
January 22nd, 2009, 5:14 AM
If you were here right now Ringo I'd let you bum me.

Best match ever in my opinion, nothing has ever blurred the lines between entertainment and reality more effectively.

I'm liking this 'I was right all along' business going on. Next step; proving that the Steiner/HHH matches were nowhere near as bad as people proclaimed they were at the time, especially the match at No Way Out. :happysad:

Fanny Batter
January 22nd, 2009, 7:35 AM
The crowd getting restless probably made them seem worse, but then, they were restless for a reason.

Ringo
January 22nd, 2009, 11:12 AM
TOP 10 Eddie Guerrero SINGLES matches in WWE

1. vs. JBL, Judgment Day 2004
2. vs. Brock Lesnar, No Way Out 2004 (These top two are pretty interchangeable for me. But they're definitely my two favourites)
3. vs. Rey Mysterio, Smackdown June 2005 (BRUT-iful - new word)
4. vs. Rey Mysterio, Smackdown April 2004 (Beautiful)
5. vs. Big Show, Smackdown 2004 (David vs. Goliath perfection)
6. vs. Kurt Angle, Smackdown March 2005
7. vs. Rey Mysterio, Ladder Match, Summerslam 2005 (Underrated)
8. vs. Edge, No DQ, Smackdown 2002
9. vs. JBL, Bullrope Match, Great American Bash 2004
10. vs. JBL, Steel Cage Match, Smackdown 2004
HONOURABLE MENTIONS:
vs. Rob van Dam, Ladder Match, Raw 2002
vs. Chris Benoit, Vengeance 2003

Actually I'm not very happy with this list. I must watch some matches once more, but feel free to rip it apart/agree with it!

Badger
January 22nd, 2009, 11:20 AM
I feel the JBL match is a little overrated around here, don't get me wrong it's good and a lot better than I was expecting, but that's just me.

It's a shame Eddie and Benoit didn't click in the ring in WWE like they should've done. Admittedly I had high expectations for them.

JP
January 22nd, 2009, 11:32 AM
The crowd getting restless probably made them seem worse, but then, they were restless for a reason.

It was a smarky crowd who weren't going to give the match any chance at all.

I've said it before, watch it with the sound off and it's a bloody good match.

Ringo
January 22nd, 2009, 11:34 AM
I quite like the Steiner/Trips match from No Way Out as well :yes:

Certainly wouldn't describe it as "bloody good", but a solid and enjoyable title defense, better than their Rumble encounter too.

I wasn't watching in 2003, but have gone back and watched a great deal, including all the PPVs, and for the most part I actually quite enjoyed Trips vs. WCW.

Badger
January 22nd, 2009, 11:46 AM
All I remember from that match was Steiner's big purple thong.

EdgeHead469
January 22nd, 2009, 11:54 AM
It would be cool to see someone post the top 10 best entrance themes of all time. Get that discussion going. That is way too much effort and thought for me to handle with class right now. I now Randy Orton's "Voices", Triple H's "McMahon-Helmsely era theme", Stone Cold's "Disturbed theme" and Edge's "Rated R Superstar" theme would all be at the top of current guys.

Bret Hart, HBK, Hulk Hogan and Macho Man would be up there also along with Old School and McMahon-Helmsley era DX themes. Undertaker just for what it is would have to be listed somewhere. nWo.

Badger
January 22nd, 2009, 1:04 PM
There's an Eddie special on Sky Sports 3 now.

UncannyIowan
January 22nd, 2009, 1:16 PM
Top 10:
1) Shawn Michaels
2) Miz/Morrison
3) Randy Orton/Legacy
4) Jeff Hardy
5) Matt Hardy
6) Chris Jericho
7) CM Punk
8) Mickie James
9) Santino/Beth
10) The Brian Kendrick

Ringo
January 22nd, 2009, 2:25 PM
Top 10 Wrestlemanias!

1. X-7
2. 24
3. VIII
4. XIX
5. 21
6. 14
7. XX
8. III
9. VII
10. 23

NUMBER 11: 22

IB
January 22nd, 2009, 2:48 PM
TOP 10 INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE MATCHES

1) Ric Flair vs HHH - Cage Match - Taboo Tuesday
2) Savage vs Steamboat - WM III
3) HBK vs Razor - Ladder Match - WM 10
4) Bret Hart vs Mr. Perfect - Summerslam 91
5) Morrison vs Hardy - Cage Match - New Years Revolution 07
6) HHH vs The Rock - 2/3 Falls Match - Fully Loaded
7) Umaga vs Jeff Hardy - Raw (I was there in Columbus when Jeff won the title)
8) Rob Van Damn vs Shelton Benjamin -WTA Match - Backlash 06
9) Bret vs Brittish Bulldog - Summerslam 92
10) Chris Jericho vs Chistian - Ladder Match - Unforgiven 2005

I haven't gotten to buy the new IC History DVD so this is out of memory mostly.

Hero!
January 22nd, 2009, 2:57 PM
Top 10 finishers in WWE today

1. Gutwrench Powerbomb
2. Go To Sleep
3. RKO
4. Moonlight Drive
5. Knox Out
6. Drive By
7. Shooting Star Press
8. Swanton Bomb
9. Shining Wizard
10. Hell's Gate

Top 10 finishers in WWE (better than Mills' version)

1. Shooting star Press
2. Swanton
3. Gutwrench Powerbomb
4. Drive By Kick
5. Randy's Punt
6. GTS
7. Samoan Spike
8. The kendrick
9. Regal's Knee to the head
10. Moonlight Drive

IB
January 22nd, 2009, 3:03 PM
Samoan Spike? WHY!?

mth
January 22nd, 2009, 3:05 PM
Because it's AWESOME. That's why.

IB
January 22nd, 2009, 3:07 PM
Might as well add Mandible Claw to the list then.

Ringo
January 22nd, 2009, 3:08 PM
What's wrong with the Mandible Claw?

Ringo
January 22nd, 2009, 3:08 PM
Which by the way is not a finishing move in the WWE is it mate.

IB
January 22nd, 2009, 3:09 PM
I like to see finishing moves that look actually painful

mth
January 22nd, 2009, 3:09 PM
And how is a 350 lb man slamming his heavily taped thumb into your throat NOT painful looking? :wtf:

Ringo
January 22nd, 2009, 3:10 PM
I just tried it on myself UNTAPED and it really hurt, and I'm no Umaga :)

Fucking hell it hurts your entire neck and VEINS OUCH.

IB
January 22nd, 2009, 3:12 PM
It only looks painful if the person taking it is a good actor. I like to see big slams/kicks/ ya know...something flashy. Someone that size I find that to be a sorta weak finish. If I was 350 lbs I would find a nice fall away type slam to finish someone off with.

mth
January 22nd, 2009, 3:12 PM
Irish, here's what I want you to do:
Get a big marker, like a highlighter or those massive permanent ones....wedge it into a bookshelf or something, so it's sticking out at throat level. Now, run into it as fast as you can.

Let me know if it hurts.

EDIT: EVERYONE does a slam. All the big men do some kind of slammy-thing for a finisher. BORING.

Hero!
January 22nd, 2009, 3:13 PM
Might as well add Mandible Claw to the list then.

Oh god.

Hero!
January 22nd, 2009, 3:15 PM
It only looks painful if the person taking it is a good actor. I like to see big slams/kicks/ ya know...something flashy. Someone that size I find that to be a sorta weak finish. If I was 350 lbs I would find a nice fall away type slam to finish someone off with.

So what you're saying is that something like Ricky Ortiz dropping to his knees while clearly not making contact with something (.i.e A SPLASH) looks more painful than someone stabbing a person in the throat with their thumb? Correct?

Irish, here's what I want you to do:
Get a big marker, like a highlighter or those massive permanent ones....wedge it into a bookshelf or something, so it's sticking out at throat level. Now, run into it as fast as you can.

Let me know if it hurts.

DO IT.

IB
January 22nd, 2009, 3:16 PM
You guys are hard headed. I simply think that someone of that size could benefit from a more powerful looking finisher. I think it's possible to agree to disagree. Perhaps not on these boards but I'm hoping.

IB
January 22nd, 2009, 3:17 PM
Now sweet chin music ...When connected correctly, looks like it could pin someone!

Ringo
January 22nd, 2009, 3:17 PM
The move looks great you spazzock, and he does loads of other high impact moves using his entire body like the headbutt, running butt bump, massive samoan drop. Fucking hell Umaga is amazing.

AND WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE MANDIBLE CLAW?

Hero!
January 22nd, 2009, 3:18 PM
You guys are hard headed. I simply think that someone of that size could benefit from a more powerful looking finisher. I think it's possible to agree to disagree. Perhaps not on these boards but I'm hoping.

Except not really. You said that the move itself looks weak with absolutely no mention of his size.

Ringo
January 22nd, 2009, 3:18 PM
Seriously my neck and throat still really hurts...

Not a good idea.

Now if it was UMAGA doing it to me with a TAPED massive fuck off samoan thumb, I'd probably be dead.

mth
January 22nd, 2009, 3:19 PM
:lol: You're clearly just trying to wind us up, aren't you?
Little scrawny Michaels kicking someone in the face looks more powerful that big fat Umaga slamming his thumb in their throat?
SURELY YOU JEST.

IB
January 22nd, 2009, 3:22 PM
I am an Umaga fan but I will never like the Samoan Spike. Stopping there.

Ringo
January 22nd, 2009, 3:28 PM
Top 10 UMAGA matches:

1. vs. John Cena, Royal Rumble DEATH MATCH, 2007
2. vs. Jeff Hardy, STEEL CAGE, Raw Jan 08
3. vs. HBK, Jericho, Jeff Hardy, HHH and JBL, Elimination Chamber No Way Out 2008
4. vs. Jeff Hardy, Great American Bash 2007
5. vs. Team HHH, Survivor Series 2007
6. vs. John Cena, New Year's Revolution 2007
7. vs. Booby Lashley, Wrestlemania 23
8. vs. Shawn Michaels, Raw 06 sometime
9. w/Vince & Shane vs. Booby Lashley, Backlash 2007
10. vs. HHH, Street Fight, Thyber Thunday 2007

What have I forgotten?

Oooh the Jeff FCA match at ONS this year was great fun.

mth
January 22nd, 2009, 3:36 PM
Pretty sure he had a regular match with Jeff on Raw at some point that was darn good, too.

Ringo
January 22nd, 2009, 3:43 PM
This year?

Both Jeff matches I listed are BLOODY good. The Cena match is one of my favourite WWE matches OF ALL TIME, and his performances in the Chamber and Survivor Series matches made him look like a fucking awesome monster. Still, I want MORE.

Badger
January 22nd, 2009, 3:43 PM
While I have no big problem with the Spike and it is silly to suggest that slamming a throat into your thumb isn't painful, I can see the argument that it does look underwhelming for the spectacle as a finisher considering all the other crazy shit Umaga does.

The nerve hold needs to go though, hate that with a passion.

IB
January 22nd, 2009, 3:50 PM
Thanks for the consideration Badger. It is ludicous to think that someone could get up from such a move if it were a real thumb being jabbed into the neck. It realy takes a good actor to fake being jabbed with a thumb...... I would perfer to see a slam of some sorts because it is way more belivable that someone would survive such an attack. And it would also make more of an impact with the live crowd.

Hero!
January 22nd, 2009, 3:52 PM
It is ludicous to think that someone could get up from such a move if it were a real thumb being jabbed into the neck.

Wasn't aware that Umaga had a fake thumb. Sounds spiffy.

IB
January 22nd, 2009, 3:54 PM
Oh get off it you know that I meant that if someone actually jabbed their thumb into someones neck at such force it would kill them...So it's ludicous to think that a person would be up and waking out of the ring...It is just a silly finish for such a large and powerful man...Very underwhelming.

Hero!
January 22nd, 2009, 3:56 PM
Very underwhelming.

I could say the same about your posts. Some "bulldozer" you are.

JP
January 22nd, 2009, 3:56 PM
TOP 10 INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE MATCHES

1) Ric Flair vs HHH - Cage Match - Taboo Tuesday
2) Savage vs Steamboat - WM III
3) HBK vs Razor - Ladder Match - WM 10
4) Bret Hart vs Mr. Perfect - Summerslam 91
5) Morrison vs Hardy - Cage Match - New Years Revolution 07
6) HHH vs The Rock - 2/3 Falls Match - Fully Loaded
7) Umaga vs Jeff Hardy - Raw (I was there in Columbus when Jeff won the title)
8) Rob Van Damn vs Shelton Benjamin -WTA Match - Backlash 06
9) Bret vs Brittish Bulldog - Summerslam 92
10) Chris Jericho vs Chistian - Ladder Match - Unforgiven 2005

I haven't gotten to buy the new IC History DVD so this is out of memory mostly.

You must have Alzheimer's then.

Bulldog/Bret - Summerslam 92

Tempest
January 22nd, 2009, 4:00 PM
...It's there.
Number 9.

IB
January 22nd, 2009, 4:02 PM
what about it?

Vice
January 22nd, 2009, 4:04 PM
I love how no one actually reads lists anymore.

Badger
January 22nd, 2009, 4:05 PM
Me thinks they're too quick to bash Bulldozer.

Of couse I'm not playing mod, that's your guys jobs.

IB
January 22nd, 2009, 4:09 PM
I typed in "worst finishers in wrestling" to help compile my top 10 for that....and guess who I see for a youtube link at the number 1 spot on yahoo search....Umaga's Samoan Spike! Just the facts.

EDIT : I know it is just someone else's opinion but it was pertinant and humorous to me.

Mazer
January 22nd, 2009, 4:10 PM
Loved the Umaga/Cena match. I usually don't notice still shots the WWE puts out, but the B & W phots the WWE put out of Cena choking Umaga with the ropers were awesome.

mth
January 22nd, 2009, 4:18 PM
This year?

Both Jeff matches I listed are BLOODY good. The Cena match is one of my favourite WWE matches OF ALL TIME, and his performances in the Chamber and Survivor Series matches made him look like a fucking awesome monster. Still, I want MORE.
The Raw match with Jeff was sometime when they were feuding over the IC Title, I think.

I typed in "worst finishers in wrestling" to help compile my top 10 for that....and guess who I see for a youtube link at the number 1 spot on yahoo search....Umaga's Samoan Spike! Just the facts.

EDIT : I know it is just someone else's opinion but it was pertinant and humorous to me.
If I made a list of Best Finishers in WWE, the Spike could very well be my number one. JUST THE FACTS.
I get it, some people love it, some people hate it. No sense in continuing to argue about it. I'm done if you're done.

IB
January 22nd, 2009, 4:19 PM
WORST FINISHERS IN WRESTLING HISTORY

1) Hulk Hogan's Leg Drop
2) The Rocks Peoples Elbow
3) Great Khali's Chop or Head Squeeze
4) Brittish Bulldog's Running Power Slam
5) Paul Burchill's CurbStomp
6) Macho Man's Elbow Drop
7) Earthquake's Squash
8) Umaga's Samoan Spike
9) Mankinds Mandible Claw
10) Jericho's Walls of Jericho (New version not the original)

EDIT - Thank you Myth for ending that discussion. Yes I am done for sure!

Tempest
January 22nd, 2009, 4:22 PM
Some rather questionable ones right there...

By rather, I mean very. I probably agree with one...maybe.

mth
January 22nd, 2009, 4:26 PM
I agree with number 5, but only once he started pulling the hair instead of the arms. Other than that, I disagree with just about everything else.
Also, there's no y in my name...

IB
January 22nd, 2009, 4:26 PM
I understand most of the moves historical relevance and the evolution as how they are viewed in the business today....but damn those are some weak ass finishers.

EDiT : I remember when the Rock pinned someone in the main event at WRESTEMANIA with the peoples elbow...I felt jipped.

IB
January 22nd, 2009, 4:28 PM
Are you people actually a fan of Khali's finishers???

Tempest
January 22nd, 2009, 4:29 PM
I understand most of the moves historical relevance and the evolution as how they are viewed in the business today....but damn those are some weak ass finishers.

But that doesn't make them bad finishers.

...and not only because they have to be viewed within the context of their time.

The likes of Savage's elbow drop would still be perfectly acceptable today. Mandible Claw and Samoan Spike are also great for the character's that use them. They are vicious and savage, just like Mankind and Umaga.

mth
January 22nd, 2009, 4:29 PM
I am a fan of Khali, for that matter. And yes, his finisher are fine, he's an f'ing giant. Also, he doesn't use the chop as a finisher anymore.

JP
January 22nd, 2009, 4:30 PM
hsvdasdafdjafdjasasfjasasdasd

I did read. I'm just blind. :(

Apologies.

It's my Nan, I swear, rubbing off on me.

IB
January 22nd, 2009, 4:33 PM
If Savage's elbow drop was such a momentus finisher why does Shawn Michaels do it in every match he is in and it has NEVER pinned one person? Did Randy have a bionic elbow?

Ringo
January 22nd, 2009, 4:34 PM
Loved the Umaga/Cena match. I usually don't notice still shots the WWE puts out, but the B & W phots the WWE put out of Cena choking Umaga with the ropers were awesome.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p234/Maikeru_photos/17.jpg

Amazing.

Ringo
January 22nd, 2009, 4:35 PM
If Savage's elbow drop was such a momentus finisher why does Shawn Michaels do it in every match he is in and it has NEVER pinned one person? Did Randy have a bionic elbow?

Good God.

This shows such a lack of understanding of the basic rules and fundamentals of Pro-Wrestling, it's ridiculous.

IB
January 22nd, 2009, 4:36 PM
I didn't hate the Cena/Umaga feud at all. Cen's second best feud in his long title run on Raw. First would be Edge.

Atty
January 22nd, 2009, 4:36 PM
Top Ten IC Title Matches
1. Chris Jericho vs. (Name removed by request of WWE)—Royal Rumble '01
2. Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon—Wrestlemania X
3. Mr. Perfect vs. Bret Hart—SummerSlam '91
4. Rowdy Roddy Piper vs. Bret Hart—Wresltemania VIII
5. Shawn Michaels vs. Marty Jannetty—RAW
6. Bret Hart vs. The British Bulldog—SummerSlam '92
7. Shawn Michaels vs. Marty Jannetty—Royal Rumble '93
8. Chris Jericho vs. (Name removed by request of WWE)—Judgment Day '00
9. Christian vs. Chris Jericho—Unforgiven '04
10. Edge vs. Randy Orton—Vengeance '04

IB
January 22nd, 2009, 4:38 PM
"The likes of Savage's elbow drop would still be perfectly acceptable today"

I was quoting somone from above...Why is it acceptable in today's wrestling world to put someone away with an elbow drop?

Tempest
January 22nd, 2009, 4:39 PM

Shawn Michaels elbow drop came years after Randy Savage, who was in an era where a top rope elbow was a big fucking deal.

Besides, a finisher is as effective as it's credibility and overness. DDT's are overexposed to fuck, but if Jake Roberts were still working on the big stage, he'd still be using it and it'd still be as credible as it ever was.

Hero!
January 22nd, 2009, 4:39 PM
Ask someone to drop an elbow on you from 8 feet in the air and see how quick you are to get up.

Tempest
January 22nd, 2009, 4:40 PM
"The likes of Savage's elbow drop would still be perfectly acceptable today"

I was quoting somone from above...Why is it acceptable in today's wrestling world to put someone away with an elbow drop?

Why ISN'T it acceptable?

Let's go from your way of thinking for a second. So why isn't the Stunner on your list? An elbow drop from a few feet in the air is going to be more of a killer than a jaw breaker?

IB
January 22nd, 2009, 4:43 PM
I regress. There is no way in making an accurate list of good/bad finishers unless you classify them according to generation.

Vice
January 22nd, 2009, 4:50 PM
In WCW, Booker T's finisher for quite some time was a missile dropkick. With the cruiserweights and all the other matches before his, you'd see like 10 missile dropkicks every night and they only got a mild pop. When Booker got up to do his, the crowd stood up and cheered like all hell. Why didn't they cheer for the others as much as they cheered for his? 'Cause they knew his was his finisher and couldn't wait to see him win. So that made his missile dropkick credible, effective and a more than solid finisher.

If the crowd is behind it, then it's good.

ANT
January 22nd, 2009, 4:51 PM
Booker T pinned RVD with a missle dropkick in the Elimination Chamber.

Ringo
January 22nd, 2009, 4:53 PM
I didn't hate the Cena/Umaga feud at all. Cen's second best feud in his long title run on Raw. First would be Edge.

What? Who said you did hate it?

Ringo
January 22nd, 2009, 4:55 PM
That's another thing. It DOES make sense for one person to do a move and for it to be MORE effective than the same move performed by somebody else. The idea of somebody training hard to perfect a certain move - where as another guy won't have worked so hard on it... or if there body/size/strength/speed etc suits the move better for example.

A splash from Big Daddy V obviously being more effective than from say Funaki, etc.

Chris Masters with his MASSIVE arms applying the Masterlock as his finishing move is obviously different to a regular full nelson, which many people don't seem to realise.

IB
January 22nd, 2009, 4:58 PM
What? Who said you did hate it?

i was stating that i didnt hate the feud..not that anyone disputed that. dang internet language.

Ringo
January 22nd, 2009, 5:01 PM
That'd such an odd thing to say though.

Oh by the way I didn't hate the HBK/Jericho feud. Just thought I'd throw that one out there.

Hero!
January 22nd, 2009, 5:03 PM
I liked that time Kurt Angle sprayed everyone with milk, it was funny.

Ringo
January 22nd, 2009, 5:04 PM
Well I certainly didn't hate it.

ANT
January 22nd, 2009, 5:05 PM
Well I certainly didn't hate it.

EDIT:squint:

Ringo
January 22nd, 2009, 5:05 PM
:eek: Word for word and all.

I am ANT's real twin. Not that Brian M.aniac.

Tempest
January 22nd, 2009, 5:06 PM
Okay guys, lets not stray too far...

IB
January 22nd, 2009, 5:08 PM
I didn't love it but I didn't hate it. I don't unerstand the problem with my statement. oH well. Working on a new list!

Atty
January 22nd, 2009, 5:11 PM
I hated it :shifty:

Mills
January 22nd, 2009, 6:23 PM
Top 10 Wretlemania Final Matches:

1. Rock vs. Austin Wrestlemania 17
2. Benoit vs. Michaels vs. HHH Wrestlemania 20
3. Edge vs. Taker Wrestlemania 24
4. Michaels vs. Hart Wrestlemania 11
5. Lesnar vs. Angle Wrestlemania 19
6. Rock vs. Austin Wrestlemania 15
7. Austin vs. Michaels Wrestlemania 14
8. Batista vs. HHH Wrestlemania 21
9. Hogan vs. Andre Wresletmania 3
10. Savage vs. Dibiase Wrestlemania 4

Ringo
January 22nd, 2009, 6:28 PM
My Top 10

1. Austin/Rock X-7
2= Benoit/Trips/HBK XX & Edge/Taker 24
4. Lesnar/Angle XIX
5. HBK/Bret 12
6. Austin/HBK 14
7. HBK/Cena 23
8. Austin/Rock 15
9. Slaughter/Hogan VII
10. HHH/Cena 22

Atty
January 22nd, 2009, 7:08 PM
My Top Ten Final 'Mania Matches
1. The Rock vs. Steve Austin: WrestleMania X7
2. Brock Lesnar vs. Kurt Angle: WrestleMania XIX
3. Edge vs. The Undertaker: WrestleMania 24
4. Shawn Michaels vs. Steve Austin
5. Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels vs. (Name removed): WrestleMania XX
6. Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels: WrestleMania XII
7. Shawn Michaels vs. John Cena: WrestleMania 23
8. The Ultimate Warrior vs. Hulk Hogan: WrestleMania VI
9. Ted DiBiase vs. Randy Savage: WrestleMania IV
10. Chris Jericho vs. Triple H: WrestleMania X8 :shifty:

Mills
January 22nd, 2009, 7:20 PM
I had Warrior/Hogan at #11 personally.

TapOut
January 22nd, 2009, 7:21 PM
Top Ten "Ouch" Moments:

10. Candice Michelle falls off top rope.
09. HBK faceplants a few months ago.
08. Benoit table dive on Smackers.
07. Holly's back gets cut open on ECW.
06. Edge/Hardy Mania 23 TLC
05. Lita does the suicide monkey break neck bone on Raw.
04. Shane McMahon thunks his head on the concrete after failed German through glass (KotR 2001)
03. Foley fall through cage at KotR 98
02. Joey Mercury Ladder spot at Armageddon.
01. Sid mistakes leg for Slimjim.

PurePlayer
January 22nd, 2009, 7:21 PM
The Rock vs. Steve Austin-Mania 17
Benoit vs. HBK vs. HHH-Mania 20
Undertaker vs. Edge-Mania 24
HBK vs. John Cena-Mania 23
Ultimate Warrior vs. Hulk Hogan-Mania 6
Angle vs. Lesnar-Mania 19
Austin vs. HBK-Mania 14
Savage vs. Hogan-Mania 5
Hogan vs. Andre-Mania 3
HHH vs. Cena-Mania 22

Fanny Batter
January 22nd, 2009, 7:24 PM
Savage/DiBiase wasn't that good, and I have 'mad props' for Randy. Hogan/Warrior is a fucking good babyface match.

Atty
January 22nd, 2009, 7:25 PM
I had Warrior/Hogan at #11 personally.

It's one of those matches that's hard for me to rate. I LOVED it as a kid. It was on the Warrior VHS I got for my birthday and I watched it so many times it was scary. I watch it now and I feel it's mediocre with a great finish. The fond memories always props it up for me, however.

Mills
January 22nd, 2009, 7:26 PM
Savage/Dibiase was more of a mark moment for me. That's why it's on the list, but lower than the big classics.

Ringo
January 22nd, 2009, 7:28 PM
Yeah Warrior/Hogan is pretty great really.

But I like SLAUGHTER/HOGAN more from the first 10 Manias.

DiBiase/Savage was only like 7 minutes long. They didn't have enough time to do all that much, but the ending is pretty MARK WORTHY.

PurePlayer
January 22nd, 2009, 7:28 PM
It's been awhile since I saw the fatal four way from Wrestlemania 2000. Is it worth watching again? Would it deserve going into the top 10?

PurePlayer
January 22nd, 2009, 7:29 PM
Damit it. I forgot Hogan vs. Savage. It easily beats out 2 matches on my list.

Ringo
January 22nd, 2009, 7:30 PM
I actually like that quite a bit. Big Show's out after like 4 minutes, and then there's some great stuff with the three of the others, SAD FACE when Foley is eliminated and waves goodbye, and Rock/Trips is the usual sort of stuff between them for the last 15 minutes.

Mills
January 22nd, 2009, 7:30 PM
I remember that the 4 way was ok. The only redeemable match from the PPV was Angle/Jericho/Benoit if I'm right.

Ringo
January 22nd, 2009, 7:32 PM
Uh... the Triangle Ladder Match?

PurePlayer
January 22nd, 2009, 7:32 PM
How about the triangle ladder match?

Fanny Batter
January 22nd, 2009, 7:41 PM
Pete Gas putting in an all time classic performance, Chester McCheeseton and Head Cheese, ICE T and Pimp D'Lo, Ladder match, Trish's tits, the sweet jar, Eddie shenanigans, Val as dirty referee, 4-way with SWERVE, and the theme say fuck you Mills, lad.

Badger
January 22nd, 2009, 7:51 PM
The Gas Mask was a great finisher name, they had High Society as well.

I'm sure they had other finishers as well.

The Stock Exchange was one too.

The_New_Rock
January 22nd, 2009, 8:38 PM
Top 10 Favorite Final Wrestlemania matches
1.Rock/Austin-X7
2.Shawn/Bret-XII
3.Austin/Shawn-XIV
4.Rock/Austin-XV
5.Brock/Angle-XIX
6.Taker/Edge-XXIV
7.Hogan/Savage-V
8.Trips/Shawn/Benoit-XX
9.Cena/Trips-XXII
10.Hogan/Warrior-VI
Top 10 Favorite Opening Wrestlemania matches
1.Owen/Bret-X
2.Money In The Bank-XXIII
3.Eddie/Mysterio-XXI
4.HBK/Tanaka-IX
5.Jericho/Regal-X7
6.Finaly/JBL-XXIV
7.Cena/Show-XX
8.Hardy/Mysterio-XIX
9.Vader,Owen and Bulldog/Yoko,Jake Roberts and Ahmed Johnson-12
10.RVD/Regal-X8
Top Ten guys that most deserved a world title run (WWE)
1.Mr. Perfect
2.Owen Hart
3.Roddy Piper
4.Ted Dibiase
5.Rick Rude
6.Brian Pillman
7.Paul Orndorf
8.Jake Roberts
9.Christian Cage
10.The British Bulldog

Ringo
January 22nd, 2009, 8:41 PM
Completely forgot about the Hardcore Battle Royal. LOVE that match. Utter madness.

Ringo
January 22nd, 2009, 9:07 PM
Top 10 Royal Rumble Title Matches of the last decade!

1. John Cena vs. Umaga, RR 07
2. The Rock vs. Mankind, RR 99
3. Triple H vs. Cactus Jack, RR 00
4. Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit, RR 03
5. Chris Jericho vs. The Rock, RR 02
6. The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels, RR 98
7. JBL vs. Kurt Angle vs. Big Show, RR 05
8. Edge vs. Rey Mysterio, RR 08
9. Batista vs. Mr. Kennedy, RR 07
10. Randy Orton vs. Jeff Hardy, RR 08

mth
January 22nd, 2009, 9:23 PM
Top Ten Best Tattoos in WWE
1. CM Punk
2. Undertaker
3. Randy Orton
4. Jeff Hardy
5. Umaga
6. Kizarny
7. Santino
8. Edge
9. Batista
10. Rey Mysterio

Something like that...

Ringo
January 22nd, 2009, 9:26 PM
MVP's Malcolm X tattoo rocks the world!

Hero!
January 22nd, 2009, 9:28 PM
Top Ten Best Tattoos in WWE
1. CM Punk
2. Undertaker
3. Randy Orton
4. Jeff Hardy
5. Umaga
6. Kizarny
7. Santino
8. Edge
9. Batista
10. Rey Mysterio

Something like that...

Edge, Hardy, and Umaga below Orton and his dirty arms?

mth
January 22nd, 2009, 9:36 PM
MVP's Malcolm X tattoo rocks the world!
Oh, snap, MVP fell off my list. He was on there at one point. He's got that cool Count of Monte Cristo one, too.

Edge, Hardy, and Umaga below Orton and his dirty arms?
Orton's arms make him look like a robot and have helped me like him more. I'm kind of on an Orton high after Monday. Maybe after I come down, he'd be below Umaga and probably Hardy. Edge, though, no.

Vice
January 22nd, 2009, 9:39 PM
Umaga fucked everything up with that awful SAMOA tattoo on his belly.

ANT
January 22nd, 2009, 9:41 PM
Top 10 Royal Rumble Title Matches of the last decade!

1. John Cena vs. Umaga, RR 07
2. The Rock vs. Mankind, RR 99
3. Triple H vs. Cactus Jack, RR 00
4. Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit, RR 03
5. Chris Jericho vs. The Rock, RR 02
6. The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels, RR 98
7. JBL vs. Kurt Angle vs. Big Show, RR 05
8. Edge vs. Rey Mysterio, RR 08
9. Batista vs. Mr. Kennedy, RR 07
10. Randy Orton vs. Jeff Hardy, RR 08

Good list. I was going to post JERICHOBENOIT, but then I realized it was specifically world title matches. Someone should do these lists for every PPV, at least the ones that have 10 title matches.

mth
January 22nd, 2009, 9:44 PM

I think he made up for it with the massive one on his back, as well as his SKELETON HAND.

Hero!
January 22nd, 2009, 9:45 PM
Oh, snap, MVP fell off my list. He was on there at one point. He's got that cool Count of Monte Cristo one, too.

Orton's arms make him look like a robot and have helped me like him more. I'm kind of on an Orton high after Monday. Maybe after I come down, he'd be below Umaga and probably Hardy. Edge, though, no.

MTH, are you ready to join the LOL (Legion of Orton Lovers) ?

Whats so awful about it?

Ringo
January 22nd, 2009, 9:46 PM
Orton's tatts look awesome and make him even more amazing, even if the actual tattoos are just shitty pointless skulls.

And Umaga's SAMOA tattoo is BRILLIANT. It's written in like bamboo for fuck sake. I love him

mth
January 22nd, 2009, 9:47 PM
Give me until Mania to decide, I need to see if he stays this flippin' cool.

Apparently, Vice has deduced that the lettering is wonky on Umaga's SAMOA tatt.

Ringo
http://livethemoment.l.i.pic.centerblog.net/6l0zxprx.jpg

Yeah, really not sure how that is "awful"

Hero!
mth, he's been this flippin' cool since kicking Cena's dad's face in.

Ringo
January 22nd, 2009, 9:48 PM
Give me until Mania to decide, I need to see if he stays this flippin' cool.

Apparently, Vice has deduced that the lettering is wonky on Umaga's SAMOA tatt.

Dude Orton's been this flippin' cool since like the end of 2007, you just weren't paying attention :p

Ringo
January 22nd, 2009, 9:48 PM
Exactly Hero

Hero!
January 22nd, 2009, 9:49 PM
mth, he's been this flippin' cool since kicking Cena's dad's face in.

Dude Orton's been this flippin' cool since like the end of 2007, you just weren't paying attention :p

Watching ECW together has bonded us, we're like twins now.

mth
January 22nd, 2009, 9:49 PM
Yeah, the SAMOA looks fine to me.

And no he hasn't. He's been on the cusp for the past few months and Monday put him over. At least, in my books. I "haven't been paying attention" because he's still been somewhat boring until the Legacy stuff started.

Cewsh
January 22nd, 2009, 9:51 PM

Orton has been cool since BEFORE he was in Evolution.

I'm just the only one who could see it. ;)

Though I will say that his Smackdown work, especially against Mysterio and Undertaker, seems to have been forgotten in light of his current greatness.

Hero!
January 22nd, 2009, 9:51 PM
And no he hasn't. He's been on the cusp for the past few months and Monday put him over. At least, in my books.

Then you are a terrible author, sir.

I'm sure you designed a lovely cover though. :happysad:

:heart:?

Ringo
January 22nd, 2009, 9:55 PM
Orton was pretty great when he went heel again in 05, but he became THIS FLIPPIN COOL when he started hearing voices and kicking people in the head in 2007.

Cewsh
January 22nd, 2009, 9:57 PM
Bah.

This isn't even my favorite period of Orton.

It makes the top 3 though.

mth
January 22nd, 2009, 9:59 PM
We shouldn't argue about this, fellas. Just be happy I'm on the Orton Train now, and let's just enjoy the ride? :heart:

Ringo
January 22nd, 2009, 9:59 PM
Orton > Stone Cold > Rock > Hogan > *

Cewsh
January 22nd, 2009, 10:00 PM
Orton > Stone Cold > Rock > Hogan > *

:yes::yes::yes:

Hero!
January 22nd, 2009, 10:04 PM
Top 10 ring attires:

1. CM Punk
2. Mighty Morphin' MVP
3. Santino
4. John Morrison
5. Jeff Hardy
6. Boogeyman
7. Evan Bourne
8. Kizarny
9. Big Zeke
10. Scotty Goldman

Vice
January 22nd, 2009, 10:04 PM
http://livethemoment.l.i.pic.centerblog.net/6l0zxprx.jpg

Yeah, really not sure how that is "awful"

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/Envious_Vice/Samoa.gif

The tattoo itself is fine. The S just fucks me off.

Ringo
January 22nd, 2009, 10:06 PM
The S isn't meant to be square like that though. In that font the S is "triangular" just like he has it...

Actually the SAMOA you made in Green would REAAAAAAAAAALLLY FUCK ME OFF. It looks ridiculous. and just... wrong.

Vice
January 22nd, 2009, 10:08 PM
The angle is terrible though. It looks ridiculously out of place.

Ringo
January 22nd, 2009, 10:08 PM
It looks a hell of a lot better than the one you did :D

Vice
January 22nd, 2009, 10:13 PM
It would obviously need more actual retooling. The angle is still all wrong, though.

Vice
January 22nd, 2009, 10:23 PM
I hate Umaga's new SAMOA tattoo.

It's lopsided and I think it looks dreadful in an artistic sense.

I just hate the size and font choice. It's a very cartoonish Flintstones-looking font, for starters, and then it's just much too massive, liek his belly's a billboard. If it were a more stylized font, so it was more of a design than an advertisement, and it were slightly smaller (although, perhaps just the redisgn would compensate for the size), it wouldn't look so flippin' ridiculous. I love the guy, but I'm not sure I'll ever get used to it/like it.

I definitely agree on the Flintstones-looking font. It's looks too happy and tropical.

My main gripe is that it's not symmetrical. Look at this picture:

[PICTURE NO LONGER WORKS]

It's not like Mysterio's Mexican tattoo, or Punk's Straightedge tattoo, because those have perfect arcs. Look at the "S" in Samoa. It's just wrong. Absolutely wrong.

:nono:

Yup, whoever did the tattoo did a dodgy job, and I also have to frown on Umaga himself for choosing such a terrible looking design in the first place.
Maybe he'll wisen up, and get them to turn it into some sort of design instead, to hide the shame.

The past is adorable.

And yeah, double post. Deal with it.

mth
January 22nd, 2009, 11:06 PM
I still stand by those comments in some regards. It is big and ridiculous and cartoonish....but the thing that's changed is that I've grown to accept and even kind of like it. C'mon, my favorite wrestler is Boogeyman, I can sometimes be ok with ridiculous and cartoonish.

Top 10 ring attires:

1. CM Punk
2. Mighty Morphin' MVP
3. Santino
4. John Morrison
5. Jeff Hardy
6. Boogeyman
7. Evan Bourne
8. Kizarny
9. Big Zeke
10. Scotty Goldman
Pretty good list, though my order would be different, and Big Zeke's ring attire is awful. Replace him with Goldust, and you'd probably have my ten, and then I'd shuffle the order around (Boogz is number one).

Hero!
January 22nd, 2009, 11:14 PM
Big Zeke's is so awful I just love it. A few more elbow pads and he'd be Ahmed Johnson.

mth
January 22nd, 2009, 11:18 PM
Ok, yeah, if he added about four more kneepads and it started looking more like Ahmed's attire, I'd be sold on it.

Atty
January 23rd, 2009, 2:18 AM
Top Ten Matches of 2008
1. Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels: No Mercy
2. Shawn Michaels vs. Ric Flair: Wrestlemania
3. Edge vs. The Undertaker: Wrestlemania
4. Nigel McGuinness vs. Bryan Danielson: ROH Sixth Anniversary Show
5. AJ Styles vs. Kurt Angle: Hard Justice
6. Chris Jericho vs. Jeff Hardy: RAW—MITB Qualification Match
7. Triple H vs. Jeff Hardy: No Mercy
8. Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels: Unforgiven
9. Matt Hardy vs. Evan Bourne: Cyber Sunday
10. SD Scramble Match: Unforgiven

Really, off the top of my head. Probably missed some...

IB
January 23rd, 2009, 2:58 PM
TOP 10 WORST ROYAL RUMBLE PARTICIPANTS:

1) Hornswoggle
2) Drew Carrey
3) Daniel Puder
4) Jonathan Coachman
5) Cibernetico
6) Max Moon
7) Ahmed Johnson (Eliminated Himself)
8) Christopher Nowinski
9) The Latin Lover
10) Timothy Well (From 94ish...Who???)

Cewsh
January 23rd, 2009, 3:01 PM
Drew Carey's 12 seconds in the Rumble were brilliant.

It still makes me laugh when he offers Kane money.

Atty
January 23rd, 2009, 3:03 PM
Drew Carey was great! He tried to pay Kane off :lol:. Really can't beat that.

And, of course: "Who's Drew Curry" :rofl:

IB
January 23rd, 2009, 3:05 PM
Remember Taka's face dive to the mat below...Kinda wish that was Drew :) But yeah I hate it when Celebrities wrestle. (especially Kevin Federline)

EDIT : I do think some celebrities add to a match and/or hype of a match/PPV...Just hate to see them actually try and wrestle. It is like watching Jonathan Coachman throw down.

Cewsh
January 23rd, 2009, 3:07 PM
Federline's appearance was brilliant too.

You can irrationally hate it all you want. That stuff was fantastic.

Tempest
January 23rd, 2009, 3:07 PM
Drew's was just utterly brilliant.

Nowinski should never be on a worst of list unless it's a worst of the worst of lists

mth
January 23rd, 2009, 3:08 PM
Federline was great. I want him to consider a wrestling career.

IB
January 23rd, 2009, 3:10 PM
Nowitski's performance at that specific royal rumble was pretty shameful in my opinion..So he is on my list. His other matches escape me and it wouldn't matter cuz my list was about Royal Rumbles.

IB
January 23rd, 2009, 3:10 PM
Federline ruined one of the better championship matches that Cena had during his endless run...Killed me to see that finish..I think it was a Cyber Sunday thing.

EDIT : I was thinking he JUST might actually lose the title ! Then Kevin fucks it up...Just made me mad...And then he disappeared soon after...So what was the point? Money making and thats it.

UncannyIowan
January 23rd, 2009, 3:15 PM
Federline ruined one of the better championship matches that Cena had during his endless run...Killed me to see that finish..I think it was a Cyber Sunday thing.

EDIT : I was thinking he JUST might actually lose the title ! Then Kevin fucks it up...Just made me mad...And then he disappeared soon after...So what was the point? Money making and thats it.

Cena wouldn't have lost the title cuz Booker's was on the line. K-Fed costing Cena the match made him look better than Cena losing clean. That guy should've stayed in wrestling, he's pretty much yesterday's news but during this time I was diggin his appearances. IMO he gave John Morrison a little more credibility in terms of getting Morrison's gimmick over even more.

Plus, he brought my favorite John Cena back for a brief 8 bars.

Cewsh

That's it?

No you absolute mong, that's all there is.

He was brought in to work and angle, and pop a great rating on the New Year's Raw. And he did. What the fuck was he supposed to do? Would a triple moonsault off the top of the cage have made you fucking appreciate it, or can you actually find your way to appreciate something in wrestling that you haven't been told to like, or that isn't completely goddamn, mind numbing wrong?

Ugh. I rescind my support of this poster.

IB
I like a good celebrity interaction if it is a isolated event...The Federlines/Tysons of the world annoy me because they come in..Make money...cause a big stir..And then leave - and within 5 minutes the wrestling world is back to normal. The celebrities should simply stick to guest spots / comedy bits or managing. Cuz the next night on raw when the wrestler is in an uproar...The celebrities are already gone and there is nothing to do but move on to another feud anyways. Keep a celebrities role as minimal and uninvolved as possible is my opinion.

IB
January 23rd, 2009, 3:18 PM
That's it?

No you absolute mong, that's all there is.

He was brought in to work and angle, and pop a great rating on the New Year's Raw. And he did. What the fuck was he supposed to do? Would a triple moonsault off the top of the cage have made you fucking appreciate it, or can you actually find your way to appreciate something in wrestling that you haven't been told to like, or that isn't completely goddamn, mind numbing wrong?

Ugh. I rescind my support of this poster.

Just because we dis-agree about the position that celebrities take on a show dosen't mean that I am wrong or that I haven't fully defended my position to the point that we couldn't agree to disagree. Your loss I'm afraid..Maybe one of these days we will agree on something poinant and you'll come back :)

Cewsh
January 23rd, 2009, 3:18 PM
So...you hate that celebrities don't stick around, so your solution is that they shouldn't stick around.

IB
January 23rd, 2009, 3:19 PM
my solution is they should change the formula for celebrity interaction to a lesser role.

Ringo
January 23rd, 2009, 3:20 PM
My head hurts from reading some of the last posts.

How was Nowinski's performance in the 2003 Rumble "shameful"? :lol:

Drew Carey and Daniel Puder's Rumble "runs" were both highly entertaining as well. You're honestly telling me you didn't enjoy Drew offering Kane money, or Puder getting destroyed by Eddie, Benoit and Holly? Come on mate, lighten up.

And Federline's involvement in WWE was one of the best celebrity stints in Pro Wrestling ever in my opinion. I really wanted him to stick around more. What's he doing now? His album flopped right? So bring him back!

Ringo
January 23rd, 2009, 3:21 PM
my solution is they should change the formula for celebrity interaction to a lesser role.

Such as?

Cewsh
January 23rd, 2009, 3:23 PM

But they're fucking celebrities!

Why use them at all, if you're going to use them in a way that makes you no money?

IB
My position is and always will be : I DO NOT LIKE CELEBRITIES MIXED WITH WRESTLING. At most in a managerial / valet position or as a guest / host. I'm glad everyone else seems to enjoy K-Fed...I think he is a massive tool that did nothing but ruin a decent title match. Nuff.

Good celebrity interaction: Manager, valet, guest, host, bell ringer, time keeper, inforcer

Bad celebrity interaction : Anything that puts the celebrity in the ring for anything more than a cheap shot or quick pop.

Cewsh
My position is and always will be : I DO NOT LIKE CELEBRITIES MIXED WITH WRESTLING. At most in a managerial / valet position or as a guest / host. I'm glad everyone else seems to enjoy K-Fed...I think he is a massive tool that did nothing but ruin a decent title match. Nuff.

That's your opinion, and that's fine.

But you're still entirely and inescapably wrong.

Ringo
January 23rd, 2009, 3:26 PM
My position is and always will be : I DO NOT LIKE CELEBRITIES MIXED WITH WRESTLING.

ahahahahaha. Finally got that out of you.

And by the way Bulldozer, the entire point of K-Fed is that he's a massive tool. People here liked his role in WWE because he is a massive tool. He looks like a massive tool, he acts like a massive tool - he's just a natural massive tool.

And you know what that means? It means he's a natural heel. Which is a good thing.

IB
January 23rd, 2009, 3:26 PM
I can't be the only person on Rajah who thinks celebrities in a wrestling role dosen't mix well!?

Cewsh
January 23rd, 2009, 3:27 PM
Maybe not.

But almost nobody is going to agree with your terrible examples.

IB
[quote=Ringo;5825321]ahahahahaha. Finally got that out of you.

I went back and edited that post above to be slightly more specific if you care to read it.

IB
I shall make a list of the best and/or worst celebrity interactions in WWE history...MIght take awhile but should be a fun debate with you 3

Ringo
January 23rd, 2009, 3:28 PM
I can't be the only person on Rajah who thinks celebrities in a wrestling role dosen't mix well!?

Doesn't make you any less WRONG.

Cewsh
January 23rd, 2009, 3:31 PM
I shall make a list of the best and/or worst celebrity interactions in WWE history...MIght take awhile but should be a fun debate with you 3

Do you consider a good debate to be multiple people yelling at you about how wrong you are?

JP
January 23rd, 2009, 3:33 PM
Jay Leno.

THAT'S ALL I'M SAYING...

IB
January 23rd, 2009, 3:50 PM
TOP 10 BEST WRESTLEMANIA CELEBRITY APPEARANCES

1. Muhammad Ali as Guest Inforcer
2. Alice Cooper as Jake Roberts' manager
3. Bob Euker as backstage interviewer and commentator
4. Ray Charles for the legendary version of America The Beautiful
5. Morton Downey Jr. as guest on the Piper's Pit
6. Floyd Mayweather for his (one time) match against The Big Show (Goes against my previous argument but he is a trained fighter who could hold his own and make his "match" look legit - Plus they made note to say it was a one time booking and not to leave any loose ends)
7. Pete Rose
8. Lawrence Taylor (for the same reasons as above) for his match against BamBam Bigelow - Included with Taylor are all of his football buddies. *big money match for WM10*
9. Donald Trump for his several appearances over the years and his interaction with McMahon - Down so low on the list for taking the worst stunner since Linda McMahon.
10. Pam Anderson/Jenny McCarthy as the women who escorted Diesel & HBK..Because they are Pam and Jenny and got involved but not enough to sway the match..Just enough to be entertaining.

LIke it? Love it? Hate it? Guuuulp bring it on and I'll defend this list as best as I can..I'm sure im in for it.

Ringo
January 23rd, 2009, 3:53 PM
My position is and always will be : I DO NOT LIKE CELEBRITIES MIXED WITH WRESTLING.

Has your position changed already mate?

Torn
January 23rd, 2009, 3:53 PM
Drew Carey was great, entertaining little part of the match which was what, 20 seconds out of an hour. Federline was also excellent in his role (overall in his stint really).

IB
January 23rd, 2009, 3:56 PM
Has your position changed already mate?

LT and Money Mayweather were clearcut from the beginning to be a one time big money draw deal...They were trained athletes and their bodies were suitable for competition. I did not care for Mayweather/Big show match as a whole but I was happpy with how it played out and was not drawn out at all.

Cewsh
January 23rd, 2009, 3:57 PM
And Federline was dragged out? Carey?

Mayweather had more appearences to promote his match than they did combined.

IB
January 23rd, 2009, 3:59 PM
what I meant by celebrities and wrestling not mixing should have been a little clearer....Athletes such as LT, Mr. T and Money Mayweather are not celebrities first...they are athletes first and are out of the relm of discussion in my eyes. Granted they are not trained wretlers their bodies and athletic training could carry them thru a match. Celebrities who are not athletically trained should not be in the ring - as in Federline....It just makes wrestling look bad.

Cewsh
January 23rd, 2009, 4:03 PM
But Federline didn't have a match. Cena just gave him his finisher.

Atty
January 23rd, 2009, 4:03 PM
Drew Carey didn't wrestle. He threw money at Kane, got scared and ran out of the ring. Never took a bump or anything that could be considered wrestling. Just a brief appearance to provide some comedy to the show.

EdgeHead469
January 23rd, 2009, 4:04 PM
Top 10 Gimmick Matches
1. Ladder Match
2. Hell in a Cell
3. 3 Stages of Hell
4. I Quit Match
5. King of the Mountain Match
6. Stretcher Match
7. Last Man Standing Match
8. Submission Match
9. 4 Man Elimination Match
10. Cage Match

Ringo
January 23rd, 2009, 4:04 PM
But Drew Carey was in the Rumble for like a minute. He wasn't marketed as an athlete. He didn't do any wrestling. I don't see the problem.

IB
January 23rd, 2009, 4:05 PM
I didn't say Federline had a match and didnt mention drews wrestling skills

I simply am saying that the celebrities who have got involved in physical altercations in the past who are not trained in the least and have no athletic background have cheapened the product to me.

IB
January 23rd, 2009, 4:06 PM
drew was in my eyes a waste of a spot in my favorite match of the year.

Ringo
January 23rd, 2009, 4:07 PM
There's a reason that people like FLOYD MAYWEATHER and LAWRENCE TAYLOR actually had proper matches - Because, as you say, they are trained athletes. They were both booked as competent athletes and fighters. Mayweather obviously being a legitimate fighter and Taylor being trained to wrestle for some time prior to the match.

You're saying you don't like non-athletic celebrities mixed with wrestling, yet Federline and Carey were not booked as any sort of remote competition for the wrestlers.

If they'd had Drew Carey take on the Big Show at Wrestlemania, or had K-Fed beat an upper midcarder in the Main Event of Wrestlemania, then I'd understand exactly where you are coming from, but they didn't.

Cewsh
January 23rd, 2009, 4:09 PM

You are essentially revealing here that you are unreasonable to the extreme about little things.

IB
January 23rd, 2009, 4:10 PM
There has to be other examples of what I mean other than carey or kfed I just cant gather my thoughts or search at the moment because I am at work.

fake rosey / trump comes to mind as a big waste of time...granted no real celebrities were present.

I resign my placement in this discussion because I haven't the time for gettting a history lesson, fact finding or lengthy posts.

EDIT : I just know what I like and what I dont like...and honestly I do not care for celebrities in a wrestling capacity..Even the ones that could pull it off because I'm sure 20 guys on the roster would be better off in their place.

Ringo
January 23rd, 2009, 4:10 PM
He doesn't seem to understand that the roles that K-Fed and Carey had in the WWE were completely different to the roles that legitimate athletes like Taylor, Mayweather or Tyson had..

Ringo
January 23rd, 2009, 4:12 PM
fake rosey / trump comes to mind as a big waste of time...granted no real celebrities were present.

So that doesn't count at all then... because it didn't mix CELEBRITIES and WRESTLING.

And Carey and K-Fed were the two examples you used, and they're the ones I have issues with. Because you've decided that their involvement "cheapened the product" because they aren't proper athletes. Even though at no point did anybody ever claim that they were, nor did they do anything that would give the impression that they are proper athletes.

IB
January 23rd, 2009, 4:14 PM
I belive K-Fed strutted around saying he could beat Cena on live TV....Does that not constitute considering himself a proper athlete?

As for Carey, I just think he was a waste of my time...And by no means did he or should he ever be considered a proper athlete.

Ringo
January 23rd, 2009, 4:18 PM
No, it doesn't. He was a HEEL. A cocky dickhead. Did the WWE market him as a "proper athlete"? Did he prove what he claimed and beat Cena on live TV?

And as for Carey, he wasn't considered a proper athlete. It was a bit of comedy. All of 2 minutes. Lighten up, for crying out loud.

Torn
January 23rd, 2009, 4:19 PM
He did actually beat Cena on live TV to be fair :D

Tempest
January 23rd, 2009, 4:22 PM

I don't see how it's better to dump a lower midcarder in there like Chaz or D-Lo, just to get tossed out quickly is better than having a celebrity who produced one of the Rumbles funnier, memorable moments.

Ringo
January 23rd, 2009, 4:22 PM
He did actually beat Cena on live TV to be fair :D

YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!

IB
January 23rd, 2009, 4:23 PM
god why is it not ok for me to dislike the K-Fed celebrity appearances? You should make a top 10 list of things you disliked about wrestling and I'm sure everyone could argue atleast one of them into the ground.

I'm really done arguing the same points over and over....This is really taking the fun out of posting..I just might go back into fly on the wall status which I'm sure everyone here would love. We'll see...Jeesh guys I think it should be ok to dislike something someone else likes without making such a damn huge deal over it...No matter the reasons...I just truly disliked those 2 things in question...thats all.

Torn
January 23rd, 2009, 4:23 PM
I can't see how a celebrity, who comes in and is made to look puny in comparison to the wrestlers cheapens anything really.

Tempest
January 23rd, 2009, 4:26 PM
god why is it not ok for me to dislike the K-Fed celebrity appearances? You should make a top 10 list of things you disliked about wrestling and I'm sure everyone could argue atleast one of them into the ground.

I'm really done arguing the same points over and over....This is really taking the fun out of posting..I just might go back into fly on the wall status which I'm sure everyone here would love. We'll see...Jeesh guys I think it should be ok to dislike something someone else likes without making such a damn huge deal over it...No matter the reasons...I just truly disliked those 2 things in question...thats all.

It's kind of the point of posting. You post something, people disagree, you debate it. That's basically how the boards work. No need to take it so personally.

IB
January 23rd, 2009, 4:28 PM
No but I know its not personal but there has to be a stopping point..Obviously nobody is going to budge..I'm glad you all enjoy celebrities in wrestling so much enough to argue it into the ground...It's just not my cup of tea...

Ringo
January 23rd, 2009, 4:29 PM

Like many people in the same situation, you're missing the point and throwing the "what is so bad about having an opinion!" thing about. That's really not the point. You don't have to like it, but some of the criticisms you have made are completely ridiculous, you contradict yourself, and overall just sound immensely unreasonable...

On the second point though, I don't think you should stop posting. I know you mean well. It's not as if you act arrogantly or anything...

Ringo
January 23rd, 2009, 4:30 PM
No but I know its not personal but there has to be a stopping point..Obviously nobody is going to budge..I'm glad you all enjoy celebrities in wrestling so much enough to argue it into the ground...It's just not my cup of tea...

Who says we all enjoy celebrities in wrestling full stop? The argument has been about specifically K-Fed and Carey.

IB
January 23rd, 2009, 4:33 PM
I just know that if I change my opinions on things or renig a statement that it will get quoted into oblivion about changing my opinion or being a bad poster..So regardless how I feel I deem it necessary to stick to my guns and not "flip flop" as often as I used to...I am really just testing the waters and TRYING to improve my bargaining skills...So far nuns.

EdIT - Luckily 2009 is still young!

Mills
January 24th, 2009, 6:57 AM
Top 10 Royal Rumbles

1. 2001
2. 1992
3. 2003
4. 2008
5. 1999
6. 2007
7. 2005
8. 1994
9. 1997
10. 1995

Smiddy
January 24th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Top 10 Gimmick Matches
1. Ladder Match
2. Hell in a Cell
3. 3 Stages of Hell
4. I Quit Match
5. King of the Mountain Match
6. Stretcher Match
7. Last Man Standing Match
8. Submission Match
9. 4 Man Elimination Match
10. Cage Match

:wtf: For real?

Top ten Gimmick matches.

10. Inferno Match
9. Scramble Match
8. Beat The Clock
7. Iron Man Match
6. Tables, Ladders and Chairs Match
5. Cage Match
4. Survivor Series
3. Hell in a Cell
2. Ladder Match
1. The Royal Rumble

Off the top of my head, so I might have missed a really obvious one, although no, I've never been a fan of War Games, and the Elimination Chamber is too similar to the Hell in the Cell for me, just like vice versa the Royal Rumble is an improved take on the old Cow Palace battle royal.

Tempest
January 24th, 2009, 11:50 AM
I would have Last Man Standing pretty high on my list. Whilst it often falls short of expectation, so do most cage and HIAC's for me. I hate Iron Man too.

IB
January 24th, 2009, 1:58 PM
10. iron man match
9. boiler room brawl
8. beat the clock challenge
7. elimination chamber
6. hardcore / falls count anywhere
5. cage
4. hell in a cell
3. tlc
2. money in the bank
1.royal rumble

Mickie James Rules
January 24th, 2009, 2:41 PM
10. Table
9. Iron Man match (up to 30 minutes)
8. I Quit
7. Cage match
6. Stretcher match
5. Last Man Standing
4. Hell In A Cell
3. Elimation Chamber
2. Ladder Match
1. The Royal Rumble

Ringo
January 24th, 2009, 2:46 PM
It depends who's in it OBVIOUSLY.

Atty
January 24th, 2009, 4:24 PM
Top Ten Royal Rumble Winners (based on everything I feel taking into account right now):
1. Ric Flair (1992)
2. Randy Orton (2009) :shifty:
3. Steve Austin (1997)
4. Steve Austin (2001)
5. John Cena (2008)
6. Shawn Michaels (1995)
7. Undertaker (2007)
8. Bret and Lugar (1994)
9. Steve Austin (1998)
10. (name removed by request of WWE) (2004)

Smiddy
January 25th, 2009, 9:20 AM
Originally posted by Ringo
It depends who's in it OBVIOUSLY.

Yeah, um, you could say that about pretty much any wrestling match. Regardless, at the very least my list was done by the concept of the match, not the amount of quality bouts they've each produced.

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO COMPLICATE THINGS? :cry:

Matthew
January 25th, 2009, 11:08 AM
I just know that if I change my opinions on things or renig a statement that it will get quoted into oblivion about changing my opinion or being a bad poster.As you should. you showed how strongly you felt about celebs and if you flip-flopped then it only shows that you don't want to debate things or maybe don't know how to.

So regardless how I feel I deem it necessary to stick to my guns and not "flip flop" as often as I used to...I am really just testing the waters and TRYING to improve my bargaining skills...So far nuns.if you really were TRYING to improve, you wouldn't whine when people disagree. or call you out on something stupid you posted. lets face it, you contradicted yourself a few times and that was a bit stupid. instead of coming to terms with this, you just want to end the debate and move on to something else. so really i don't see how you are TRYING anything.

EdIT - Luckily 2009 is still young!the more you post the sig, the less chance you have to win the award so keep at it.