PDA

View Full Version : Super Heroes and Villains Battle Royale

falconarrow
October 28th, 2005, 10:11 PM
While the thrilling tag team tournament is still underway, I wanted to get a jumpstart on this. I took out some of the wimps (US Agent?) and uber powerful (wizards and Professor X) and added some forgotten power players, like Swamp Thing, Jubilee, Starfire, Beast Boy and Cyborg. Here are the teams.

Megatron
Havok
Kitty Pride
Iron Fist

Bishop
Avalanche
Deadpool
Storm

Lex Luthor
Toad
EvilHawk
Death Metal

Batman
Hank Pym
Cyclops
Mysterio

Sinestro
Stryfe
Blob
Archangel

Sentinal
Vampira
Vision
Human Torch

Joker
Banshee
Black Panther
Red Skull

Scarlet Spider
Scarecrow
Gambit
Mr. Freeze

Morbius
Doctor Doom
Sandman
Ghost Rider

Hawkeye
Iron Man
Savage Dragon
Reed Richards

Thing
Captain Britain
Starfire
Clayface

Green Arrow
Colossus
Swamp thing
Sabretooth

Mr. Sinister
Human Torch
Deathlok
Bishop

Rhyno
Pyro
Doomsday
Lilith

Obi Wan Kenobi
Bloodaxe
Violator/The Clown
Nightwing

Spawn
Daredevil
Jean Grey
Wolverine

Omega Red
War Machine
Mongul
Lady Deathstrike

Optimus Prime
Emma Frost
The Absorbing Man
Vader

Rictor
Superman
Cyborg
Pyro

Siege
Darkhawk
Abomination
Hulk

Thor
Kraven
Sebastian Shaw
Cat Woman

Rogue
Multiple Man
Cable
Scorpion

Punisher
Doc Oc
Namor
Venom

Boba Fett
Hobgoblin
Scarlet Witch
Sauron

Nightcrawler
Wonder Woman
Forge
Psylocke

Beast Boy
Mystique
Flash
Captain America

Bane
Annihilus
Brainiac
Beast

Shatterstar
Elektra
Green Goblin
AquaMan

Carnage
HawkMan
Green Lantern
Purgatori

Mr. Sinister
Bullseye
Pyro
Kingpin

Spiderman
Blackheart
Slayback
Sue Richards

Domino
Megatron
Jubilee
Ice Man

Zefflin
October 28th, 2005, 10:14 PM
God damn it.

Everyone should wait.

Nobody wants to vote at two threads.

falconarrow
October 28th, 2005, 10:17 PM
Round 1-

Megatron/Havok/Kitty Pride/Iron Fist
VS
Bishop/Avalanche/Deadpool/Storm

Lex Luthor/Stryfe/Evilhawk/Death Metal
VS
Batman/Hank Pym/Cyclops/Mysterio

Sinestro/Canonball/Blob/Archangel
VS
Sentinal/Vampira/Vision/Human Torch

Joker/Banshee/Black Panther/Red Skull
VS
Scarlet Spider/Scarecrow/Gambit/Magneto

falconarrow
October 28th, 2005, 10:18 PM
You act like it takes hours to do instead of minutes.

Mazer
November 6th, 2005, 8:06 PM
If we have vader in this, could we add someone else with the force like Obi-wan? Or maybe just keep it to Marvel/DC style heroes.

Mister J
November 6th, 2005, 8:24 PM
Sorry, never saw this pop up. :$

Will put my vote together post haste!

Mister J
November 6th, 2005, 8:35 PM
Round 1-

VS

Man, these matches involve a little thought. Both teams have some decent power going for 'em, but it boils down to battle experience in the end. Bishop's team has a hell of a lot of field time, him being an ex cop, Deadpool the WeaponX peep, Storm and the X-men and Avalanche and the Brotherhood/Freedom Force. Iron Fist is good, but in hand to hand, Deadpool takes him out. Kitty is stronger than most think, but Storm was her freakin mentor! Avalanche takes out Megatron with a well placed pit. And Bishop can't be touched by Havok.

Winner = Team Bishop

VS

Interesting match up. Most "combatants" don't really have anything "super" about them, so to speak. Don't know Death Metal, however. Still, Batman is tough, and with Cyclops to help coordinate, Hank and Mysterio to produce interesting tech help, he takes Team Luthor Down.

Winner = Team Batman

VS

I have said it before... Vision is nothing but scrap metal in a fight. Sinestro has some real firepower at his disposal. With that brute force behind him, that's a tough match. Torch is the only one worth his weight on the other side, and he's not enough.

Winner = Team Fallen Lantern

VS

Tough fight. Both have a looney. Both have a tough X-man. Red Skull and Spider would match up well. However, Magneto is a frickin GOD. Think about the things he could do when really pressed. He is the deciding factor, and team MVP.

Winner = Team Magneto

BTW, might want to assign names to the teams (team Magneto, Team Lantern, etc.) so it's easier to talk about them. I don't want to have to say, "Scarlet Spider/Scarecrow/Gambit/Magneto are tough!" every time.

Just a thought.

toysailor
November 7th, 2005, 4:26 AM
Round 1-

VS

I'm not exactly a big fan of big metal robots. In anycase, Megatron's/Havok's energy blasts will be absorbed by Bishop, making two of Team Megatron's members next to useless. Deadpool the punching bag can probably hold off most of the physical attacks, thus facilitating the rest of the team's offense. Poor Kitty can run, but she can't hide for long before Team Bishop gangbangs her.

Team Bishop

VS

Team Bats is great! With Batman's combat smarts, Hank Pym's science smarts and Mysterio's illusion powers, they are certainly a force to be reckoned with. Cyclops will provide the suppressive cover-fire/muscle for the team as they put their insidious plans into action.

Team Bats

VS

Human Torch and Archangel takes to the skies and the latter gets burnt off quickly, leaving it 4 vs 3. Vision isn't that bad in a fight - "Ability to alter own density, energy beams, computer interfacing, vast superhuman strength" - I think he can pull his weight. Sinestro/Canonball/Blob packs a very potent amount of offensive/defensive capabilities, and they would eventually prevail..... but wait! What was that? A vampire in the other group? What if the vampire gets a lucky bite and converts one of her foes?

Team Human Torch

VS

Team Joker is outmatched. They do not have any member who have earth shattering strength/intelligence/psionics/magics/etc. When you pit them against a team with MAGNETO, they're screwed as they have no viable defense against the latter's powers. Watered-down Spidey and Gambit's talents are probably not needed. They can do the mopping up though.....

Team Magneto

ysanthl
November 7th, 2005, 9:30 AM

Jimmy Zero
November 7th, 2005, 9:32 AM
Falc, did you mean to put some of the same characters on like, 2 or three different teams?

VS

Team Bishop: Reasons have been pretty well covered. When 3/4 of a team throw energy beams at a team with Bishop, it doesn't bode well for that team.

VS

Team Batman: Reasons have been covered. This team will go far.

VS

Team Sinestro: Sentinal doesn't stay in this fight for more than two seconds, what with Canonball plowing right through him. As someone else said, Torch is the only one worth a shit on his team. Team Sinestro would take this one pretty easily.

VS

Team fake Spidey: Magneto and Scarecrow together would go super far in this tourney with out any additional help. Hell, Magneto could probably win this tourney on his own, but whatever. Joker kind of got dicked over with his team mates, but that's too bad. No one on his team is capable of matching Magneto's power. Hell, they're not even capable of matching the power of possibly the lamest X-regular ever, Gambit.

falconarrow
November 7th, 2005, 1:22 PM
If we have vader in this, could we add someone else with the force like Obi-wan? Or maybe just keep it to Marvel/DC style heroes.

I will replace Ultron with Kenobi.

As for duplicates, I used a randomizer from excel. I thought I got most of them, but I may have missed a few. Please point them out.

falconarrow
November 7th, 2005, 1:25 PM
Oh crap.

You are gunna hate me for this. But Magneto is one of those who was too superpowerful, and I meant to take out.

Jimmy Zero
November 7th, 2005, 1:27 PM
A whole bunch I noticed...

Stryfe
Human Torch
Bishop
Sinestro
Scarlet Witch
I think I saw Captain America a few times as well.

toysailor
November 7th, 2005, 1:27 PM
Maybe you can make the uber-powerful guys solo-entries? Then again, most of the uber-powerful guys have weaknesses, it just takes the right sprig of mistletoe.

falconarrow
November 7th, 2005, 1:36 PM
Ugh.

Let me work on this. All votes will have to be voided until i fill in all the duplicates.

I'll try to keep the brackets the same. Among other characters I will replace the duplicates with are Toad, Mr. Freeze, goliath (of the Gargoyles, which ARE a comic) and any suggestions.

Many apologies.

Mazer
November 7th, 2005, 1:37 PM
With Kenobi subsituted for Ultron, I think the guys in it are fine. its hard to draw a line on exactly where "too powerful" is, and you did a good job taking out guys obviously over the line, like Strange. I mean if you take out Mags, then somebody could always complain that someone else like Thor, Supes, or Hulk are too powerful.

falconarrow
November 7th, 2005, 1:50 PM
Yes, but Hulk is very dumb, with a weak mind. Thor needs his hammer, and Superman is weak against magic, as well as the fact that brilliant minds can beat him.

Mazer
November 7th, 2005, 2:01 PM
Agreed, they all have weaknesses. Just like Magneto could be taken by someone in melee combat (like Juggernaut). But if you want to dump him cool. Calysto might be a good person to subsitute in.

falconarrow
November 7th, 2005, 9:12 PM
I fixed the brackets.

All I had to do was organize it alhabetically, then replace the 7 repeats.

I'll post all the fixes tomorrow, then we can talk about who is either too lame or too powerful.

Bill Casey
November 7th, 2005, 11:39 PM
Yes, but Hulk is very dumb, with a weak mind.
You don't mean to say he's susceptible to mind control?

ysanthl
November 8th, 2005, 1:34 AM
I would like to see Shazam and Mr. Terrific in here. Was suprised Shazam wasn't in tag tourney. Moon knight would be cool as well. Toad just plain sucks in my opinion. Yeah he was ok in the movie, but that was not a true representation of him. Jubilee has no reason in here. She will add nothing to any team she is on.

RabidWookie
November 8th, 2005, 1:42 AM
Shazam is pretty much a god, so he's excluded.

Of course, you meant Captain Marvel though, right?

ysanthl
November 8th, 2005, 9:44 AM
Yeah Capt. Marvel. But you knew who i was talking about. And he is on par with Superman. So if he is left out because he is god-like. Then Supes should be out as well.

Alcohol
November 8th, 2005, 10:06 AM
You do realise that Jubes is actually pretty powerful, yeah?
Supposedly destined to be one of the most powerful mutants in the MU.

Not exactly useless...

I'll be bold and predict the team with Batman and Cyclops to win overall. Batman = the top tactician in the DCU, and Cyke is one of the top tacticians in the MU... should be fun.

Mister J
November 8th, 2005, 11:43 AM
You do realise that Jubes is actually pretty powerful, yeah?
Supposedly destined to be one of the most powerful mutants in the MU.

Not exactly useless...

I'll be bold and predict the team with Batman and Cyclops to win overall. Batman = the top tactician in the DCU, and Cyke is one of the top tacticians in the MU... should be fun.
Just out of curiosity, are we running "at their peak" versions of the characters, or "present time" versions?

I'd assume they are at their peaks, but if not, Jubilation Lee really does add nothing. Check out her updated stats on Wikipedia.

Spoilers at Wiki and below

She has been depowered. The post House of M repurcussions are huge, and for once, I think they mean it. Rumor has it that there will be less than 200 active mutants left in the Marvel U when it's all said and done. The rest are depowered, though they still have all memories from before. History isn't rewritten, mutant powers are...

On the list to be powered down? Quicksilver, Jubilee, Chamber, possibly Cyclops... and...

Magneto!!! Wow, horrible spelling there...

:shocked:

falconarrow
November 8th, 2005, 11:54 AM
New additions include:

Goliath (Gargoyles were/are a comic)
Captain Marvel
Quicksilver
Shazam
Mr. Freeze
Toad

and a few others.

If you feel Shazaam is too powerful, or Superman, or anyone else, make your case now.:)

They better keep their damn hands off mangeto.

Jimmy Zero
November 8th, 2005, 1:29 PM
Take out Captain Marvel and Shazam. If Thanos is too powerful, so are they.

falconarrow
November 8th, 2005, 1:46 PM
Replacement sugestions?

Jimmy Zero
November 8th, 2005, 1:56 PM
Thunderbird
Lobo
Mikhail Rasputin
Caliban
Abyss
Cyber
Elektra
Forge

Not sure if some of them aren't already in the tournament. Also, I think you still have Human Torch in their more than once.

Alcohol
November 8th, 2005, 2:00 PM
She has been depowered. The post House of M repurcussions are huge, and for once, I think they mean it. Rumor has it that there will be less than 200 active mutants left in the Marvel U when it's all said and done. The rest are depowered, though they still have all memories from before. History isn't rewritten, mutant powers are...

On the list to be powered down? Quicksilver, Jubilee, Chamber, possibly Cyclops... and...

Mangeto!!!

:shocked:

Seriously?

Jesus Christ. As if the whole 'House of M' saga wasn't retarded enough, they try and pull this shit?

Wankers. :rant:

Joe Quesada has the brains of a piss bucket, that man should never have been put in charge of Marvel.

I mean, seriously, I'm seriously starting to believe the guys secretly on DCs payroll to try and run Marvel into the ground....

...gah....[/rant]

:mad:

Mister J
November 8th, 2005, 2:18 PM
:dunno:

I still haven't picked up #8 from last week, so I'm not sure. Don't think they've started dealing with the fallout yet anyway.

I didn't mind Quesada as the head of Marvel Knights, but since then I've definately grown annoyed with some of his choices. He keeps trying to "shake things up", when, for the most part, there is little to no shaking needed. Decent stories aren't made from huge events.

And MAN did I butcher Magneto's name up there... :nono:

Mazer
November 8th, 2005, 2:20 PM
I know I mentioned this earlier, but i think Callisto would be an interesting addition. She's got those tentacles now, which gives her quite a bit of strength, plus she has the mutant ability to solve any tactical problem. She would be intersting with the whole team dynamic.

I say let's judge people using normal power level, because some people mentioned have lost their powers, and more will be revealed soon, and its probably all too much to keep up with for the points of this tournament.

Mister J
November 8th, 2005, 2:55 PM
Agreed.

And what happened to Callisto now? I better check that out. She was always pretty interesting.

And Captain Marvel isn't that bad, on par with Superman, minus the magic weakness and some overall strength. Shazam is a demi-god though, so right out with him.

No Alpha Flight representatives up there. Puck? Northstar? Wendigo? they would all fit nicely somewhere. If you needed more, that is.

Mazer
November 8th, 2005, 3:00 PM
In the Storm-the Arena arc of X-treme X-men, Masque gave Callisto tentacles in place of arms (like 4 big tentacles and several little ones coming out of each socket).

How do you post an image?

ysanthl
November 8th, 2005, 3:36 PM
If someone could explain how Jubilee became a good mutant i would appreciate it. I haven't read X-men in years. Haven't read much of anything in last 2 years to be honest. Last i knew she threw fireworks and that was it.

Mazer
November 8th, 2005, 3:47 PM
As far as I'm aware, she really hasn't become too much better. She just has the potential to. Good synopsis from mutanthigh:Jubilee generates plasma "pafs" that explode on command. Most of the time they are small, but when she's stressed or scared, she can cause major damage. She has the unrealized potential to detonate matter on a molecular scale

falconarrow
November 8th, 2005, 5:32 PM
You don't mean to say he's susceptible to mind control?

I own 4 Hulk comics. He is mind controlled in 2 of them.

One, by Red Skull, and the other we don't find out.

But he was fighting Sabra, so it may have been the Jews.

falconarrow
November 8th, 2005, 5:37 PM
Megatron
Havok
Kitty Pride
Iron Fist

Bishop
Avalanche
Deadpool
Storm

Lex Luthor
Stryfe
EvilHawk
Death Metal

Batman
Hank Pym
Cyclops
Mysterio

Sinestro
Nick Fury
Blob
Archangel

Sentinal
Vampira
Vision
Human Torch

Joker
Banshee
Black Panther
Red Skull

Scarlet Spider
Scarecrow
Gambit
Mr. Freeze

Morbius
Doctor Doom
Sandman
Ghost Rider

Hawkeye
Iron Man
Savage Dragon
Reed Richards

Thing
Captain Britain
Starfire
Clayface

Green Arrow
Colossus
Swamp thing
Sabretooth

Mr. Sinister
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Deathlok
Thunderbird

Rhyno
Pyro
Doomsday
Lilith

Cannonball
Bloodaxe
Violator/The Clown
Nightwing

Spawn
Daredevil
Jean Grey
Wolverine

Omega Red
War Machine
Mongul
Lady Deathstrike

Optimus Prime
Emma Frost
The Absorbing Man
Calysto

Rictor
Hawkman
Cyborg
Darth Vader

Siege
Darkhawk
Abomination
Hulk

Thor
Kraven
Sebastian Shaw
Cat Woman

Rogue
Multiple Man
Cable
Scorpion

Punisher
Doc Oc
Namor
Venom

Boba Fett
Hobgoblin
Scarlet Witch
Sauron

Nightcrawler
Wonder Woman
Forge
Psylocke

Beast Boy
Mystique
Flash
Captain America

Bane
Annihilus
Brainiac
Beast

Shatterstar
Elektra
Green Goblin
AquaMan

Carnage
Goliath
Green Lantern
Purgatori

Black Cat
Bullseye
Quicksilver
Kingpin

Spiderman
Blackheart
Slayback
Sue Richards

Domino
Toad
Jubilee
Ice Man

falconarrow
November 8th, 2005, 5:37 PM
If anyone has any suggestions, replacements, or corrections, please tell me.

If not, round 1 starts tomorrow.
:)

First Round, as it stands now, is Team Iron Fist vs Team Bishop, Team Luthor vs Team Batman, Team Fury vs Team Torch, and Team Red Skull vs Team Scarlet Spider

Mazer
November 8th, 2005, 6:42 PM
Overall. I think the list is good. The godlikes are gone, and the teams look pretty evenly matched.

One suggestion is that Jubes be removed. True she has potential, but her normal level is not that great. After all, Robin straight kicked her ass in a crossover.

A good replacement may be Northstar, or perhaps Masque. Masque is one of those characters that would get her ass kicked one on one, but with her ability to alter anyone the body of anyone she touches, she could be interesting with teammates.

Mazer
November 8th, 2005, 6:42 PM
damn..double post.

Bill Casey
November 9th, 2005, 2:09 AM
I own 4 Hulk comics. He is mind controlled in 2 of them.

One, by Red Skull, and the other we don't find out.

But he was fighting Sabra, so it may have been the Jews.
http://www.incrediblehulk.com/mentalresistancefeats.html

One of the Incredible Hulk's powers is the ability to resist mind control, partially due to his multiple personalities...

Mister J
November 9th, 2005, 2:13 AM
Resistant, not immune.

I'm pretty sure a powerful telepath could steer him in a certain direction for a short time. It wouldn't last long, but 10 minutes of Hulk Bashing is enough to take most people down a notch.

Bill Casey
November 9th, 2005, 2:20 AM
I'm pretty sure an on guard Hulk would be resistant to whatever most telepaths could throw at him... Mentallo needed a massive technological boost to control Hulk for a short period of time...

falc made it sound as though it was a weakness, when it's one of his greatest strengths...

Mister J
November 9th, 2005, 2:28 AM
Oh, it's definately not a weakness. But I interpreted his comment to mean "Hulk is stupid and easily fooled or manipulated", and to that I would have agree. You might not be able to flat out control his thoughts, but sly use of reverse psychology might get him pointed in the direction you want him.

Jimmy Zero
November 9th, 2005, 9:38 AM
The only time I can recall anyone successfully manipulating Hulk's mind for any real amount of time was during the Onslaught story line, and that was obviously at the hands of the world's most powerful telepath. Even that didn't last longer than for a fight with Cable, who got his ass royally kicked.

falconarrow
November 9th, 2005, 2:48 PM
Oh, it's definately not a weakness. But I interpreted his comment to mean "Hulk is stupid and easily fooled or manipulated", and to that I would have agree. You might not be able to flat out control his thoughts, but sly use of reverse psychology might get him pointed in the direction you want him.

Exactly. When I said manipulated I did not mean mind control. In one of the comics I own (a reprint of the first ever comic with Wolverine) Wolverine gets Hulk to help him fight Wendigo and do his job for him by acting like a friend.

In another one, the one where Red Skull is controlling him, he eventually breaks free of the mind control, making Red Skull very mad. The set up involved stolen technology, and maybe even some magic, since Juggernaut was involved.

Also, in another one I have, he is fighting Sabra, an Israeli mutant/agent. She is able to do him some minor damage. The damage makes him go from intelligent Hulk to the Hulk who smashed everything in his way. A competent strategist COULD turn Hulk's rage against his team mates.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also wanted to give a brief note on a few characters.

-All characters are in their classic forms and from their mainstream universe. NOT movies. (Rogue)
-Hulk is not gray Hulk.
-Jean Grey is NOT the Phoenix, or Dark Phoenix.
-Doctor Doom has no Doom Bots, nor will he do magic (the powerful magic, and his new suit of armor, is much more recent)
-Darth Vader is in his classic Vader costume. Thats his classic form, with all available powers/blades.
-Red Skull has no cosmic cube
-Captain America does have his super strength.
-Cable has the legacy virus
-Archangel has metal wings

and so on.

Masque sounds interesting. We'll have her replace War Machine, the Iron Man ripoff.

falconarrow
November 9th, 2005, 2:53 PM
VS
Bishop/Avalance/Deadpool/Storm
------------------------------------------

VS
Batman/Cyclops/Hank Pym/Mysterio

Nick Fury/Sinestro/Blob/Archangel
VS
Human Torch/Sentinal/Vampira/Vision

VS
Scarlet Spider/Scarecrow/Gambit/Mr. Freeze

falconarrow
November 9th, 2005, 3:05 PM
VS
[b]I'm pretty sure Havok and Avalanche have fought before. I also know Iron Fist would match up well with Deadpool. I think that Storm matches up well against ANY of her opponents, and Kitty Pride can't do enough to get the win here. No gadgets to steal, nothing.

TEAM BISHOP

VS
The fact that Batman AND Cyclops are on the same team means they will go far. They also have Hank Pym for some inventions if need be. Or he can just become really tall. In the last contest, Batman had fun with Multiple Man. Now he has Mysterio and his illusions. I'm sure Batman can think of ways to abuse those powers. Lex Luthor won't know which way is up, and his team just doesn't have enough firepower here.

TEAM BATCLOPS

VS
Nick Fury is an excellent commander. When you add his weapons against Johnny Storm's, you realize that Torch is really the only one who can hold his weight. Unfortunately, his magnificent battle with Sinestro is cut short when Archangel shoots him down. From there, Blob and fury finish him.

TEAM FURY

VS
Scarecrow's Fear Toxin does not work on the Joker. It would work on the rest of the team, though. Freeze's gun can do alot of damage, but his glass helmet is shattered by Banshee. Scarlet Spider should be able to sense when banshee is about to strike, and get out of the way, or web up his mouth. Gambit, with his longer distance power, should be able to beat Black Panther. Red Skull has some decent hand to hand though, plus guns.

Basically, this comes down to who matches up against who. In the end, I give this to Gambit's team, but my decision will probably change.

TEAM GAMBIT???

ysanthl
November 9th, 2005, 3:05 PM
Will vote on these but have a question first. Are these fights gonna be prepared for? Or are the participants just, lets say, teleported to a place and told "You 4 fight You 4"? Could make a diffrence in some battles. Mainly ones involving people such as Batman, Reed etc........

Batman/Cyclops/Hank Pym/Mysterio - Mysterio is a good thing for this team. Well as long as they "prepare" for the fights and aren't just spontaneous. He could seriously mess with people using his illusions. Leaving opponets confused till they get blasted by Cyke.

Mazer
November 9th, 2005, 3:30 PM
VS

Storm would be the mvp here, as nobody on the other team could touch here. Add Bishop's energy absorbing, Avalanche's range, and the hand to hand skills of Deadpool, this is a tough team.

Team Bishop

VS

So, Bats gets to work with Mysterio's illusions, Cyclops range and tactical genius, and Pym's inventions. For the second tournament in a row, Batman gets a hell of a draw. Obvious Batman favoritism. Another rigged tourney. ;) Oh well, at least people can look forward to cryptic pms promising rewards for voting.

Team Cybat

VS

Sinestro is tough, but Torch would give him a great fight. The rest of Torch's team...not so much.

Team Fury

VS

Tough fight. I think Panther is fairly underrated. He's kind of a poor man's Batman, but still pretty tough. Everyone on Team Joker would be good tactically, and in the end would work together better.

Team Joker

falconarrow
November 9th, 2005, 4:32 PM
Hmmm.

Teams are transported to staging areas, where they are given 1 hour to plan, and gather any of their tools. (Batarangs, guns, sais, etc)

And also, for clarification, and because it might make a difference for some people....

ROUND 1 TAKES PLACE DOWNTOWN

Jimmy Zero
November 9th, 2005, 5:08 PM
Team Bishop
Team Batman
Team Fury
Team Joker - Joker's teamed up with Red freaking Skull. That's a hell of a cool combination by themselves. Two criminally insane masterminds, with one having the same physical prowess as Captain America. With Banshee and Panther, this is one hell of a team.

Alcohol
November 11th, 2005, 1:14 PM
-Cable has the legacy virus
-Archangel has metal wings

I assume you mean Cable has the T-O virus, and Archangel hasnt had metal wings in years...

Alcohol
November 11th, 2005, 1:34 PM
VS

Kitty Prydes Intangability would come into play big time here, not to mention that she was combat trained by Wolverine. She could take down Bishop, while Iron Fist dismantled Deadpool. Havok would have a tough time of it, but he could take out Storm, but not before she disabled Megatron. Leaving Havok and Iron Fist to distract Avalanche, while Kitty Pryde used her intangability to get close and take him out.

VS

Lex has a hell of a team. Well he has Stryfe, but Stryfes abilities are limited on Cyclops, due to Cyke being his dad, and I don't think either Cyclops or BAtman would hesitate to use that to their advantage. Death Metal would be a real threat, until Pym grows supersize and dropkicks him into orbit. Leaving Evilhawk and Lex, neither of whom are a match for Team Cyclops in a fight.

VS

I have to go against popular opinion here, and give this one to the Torches team. He may not have the tactical experience of Fury, but he isn't stupid. Not to mention he has a Sentinal. That alone should pretty much remove Archangel (metal winged, his feathers are tipped with a toxin, and that wont affect a 100foot tall robot, and feather winged, his agility is tremendous, but the sentinals probability programming is superior).

Not too sure about Vampira, but I'm sure they could keep Fury occuppied in hand to hand for a few minutes, while vision and Torch take down Sinestro. With Visions ability to phase through matter, Sinestro couldn't hold him and with Torch distracting him, Vision could get close enough to phase through SInestro, crashing his heural system and knocking him out.

That leaves a 100 foot robot, a human torch and a hyper intelligent robot for a retired colonel. I :heart: Nick Fury, but in this case, he's going down.

VS

I can't see Joker as anything but a detriment to whatever team gets him. He's not a team Player and is more likely to wander off to look for BAts than to contribute.

Tactically, I'd say that other than that, this is one of the stronger teams. With Black Panther, Red Skull and Banshee on board, they definitely have a serious advantage.

Red Skull can put up a good fight with Captain America, so I'm fairly certain that no-one, bar possibly Scarlet Spider, is much of a threat to him, but I see Banshee using his sonic abilities to affect the opposing teams inner ear, and thus balance, leaving them open for Red Skull and Panther to take out Scarlet Spider and Gambit, while Banshees sonic attacks take out Mr Freeze, and Joker takes down Scarecrow, because he wants to check his stuffing for Bats...

Jimmy Zero
November 11th, 2005, 7:08 PM
I'm interested to hear the rationale behind Shadowcat taking out Bishop. Definitely an asset to whatever team she'd be on (she's the best one on her team), but capable of taking out Bishop? No way.

Granted, while in her "ghost" form, he wouldn't be able to do anything to attack her, but she couldn't attack him either. Furthermore, Shadowcat can't breathe while in her "ghost" form. She can't stay phased indefinitely. The best she can do is avoid Bishop's attacks, which she can't do forever. Eventually, she'd have to solidify, which is when Bishop would blow her away.

On the point of her being trained by Wolverine, yes that's true. It'd also probably make a good bit of difference if she wasn't fighting a team with two people who are far better fighters than her (Bishop and Deadpool), and two other people who she wouldn't even be able to anything to.

Alcohol
November 11th, 2005, 8:08 PM
Okay, so there may have been a touch of wishful thinking in just shrugging Bishop off like that, but I do think that Kitty could take him down, maybe not quite as simply as I put it, but it could be done, especially assuming Megatron is still active at that time. If you were BIshop and were faced with those two, who would you be more worried about? the girl who you cant hit anyway, or the big robot who could stand on you...

Assume Megatron is on the offensive, this allows kitty to get in close and grab BIshop and phase the two of them, and pull him underground. Chances are, shes had more practice of it than he has and would have a greater lung capacity, meaning bish would pass out. Or he could try and get free from her grip and become tangible in the soil.

Either way, Kitty wins...

Jimmy Zero
November 11th, 2005, 10:40 PM
Ah ha. But you don't seem to take Bishop's history pre X-Men in to account. Bishop grew up in a brutal future fighting super Sentinels.

Plus he's on a team with two others who can take out Megatron almost instantly. If Storm calls on a massive bolt of lightening and Avalanche does his thing, Megatron is done. I'd say Megatron is the weakest on the team.

I do agree with you that Shadowcat is the most likely to take Bishop out. If he depletes all his energy reserves (which wouldn't happen considering his team mates AND her's), and his main offense is his hand to hand stuff and his guns, than Bishop would be at a disadvantage. I just don't think this fight would get to the point where Bishop is out of juice.

RabidWookie
November 12th, 2005, 1:47 AM

falconarrow
November 12th, 2005, 1:48 PM
I assume you mean Cable has the T-O virus, and Archangel hasnt had metal wings in years...

Yes on the virus part.

And when Archangel didn't have metal wings, wasn't he known simply as Angel?

RabidWookie
November 12th, 2005, 7:54 PM
Not anymore. He has the organic wings and goes by Archangel

falconarrow
November 20th, 2005, 8:58 PM
TEAM BISHOP wins 4-2

TEAM BATCLOPS wins 6-0

TEAM FURY wins 5-1

TEAM JOKER wins 5-1

falconarrow
November 20th, 2005, 9:04 PM
Morbius/Doctor Doom/Sandman/Ghost Rider
VERSUS
Hawkeye/Iron Man/Savage Dragon/Reed Richards

Thing/Captain Britain/Starfire/Clayface
VERSUS
Green Arrow/Colossus/Swamp Thing/Sabretooth

Mr. Sinister/Obi-Wan Kenobi/Deathlok/Thunderbird
VERSUS
Rhino/Pyro/Doomsday/Lilith

Cannonball/Bloodaxe/Violator/Nightwing
VERSUS
Spawn/Daredevil/Jean Grey/Wolverine

ysanthl
November 20th, 2005, 10:34 PM
Hawkeye/Iron Man/Savage Dragon/Mr. Incredible

Alcohol
November 21st, 2005, 11:51 AM
VERSUS
Hawkeye/Iron Man/Savage Dragon/Mr. Incredible

Really, with these two teams, the guys in charge are Iron Man and Dr. Doom. Both geniuses, both great strategists, but Doom has the edge over Stark imo, in both brains, and the firepower available to him in this fight.

Hard to say who's really the heavy hitter on Dooms team, with both himself and GR available, but with Doom most likely occupied by Stark, I'd say Ghost Rider would be able to make fairly short work of either Dragon or Mr. Incredible, and with Morbius backing him up, I'd say taht Starks two heavy hitters are, in this case, outmatched.

As for Sandman (I'm assuming this isn't Morpheus), I'd say that, as the weakest link in Dooms team, he'd get taken out by Hawkeye, before Morbius and Ghost Rider have finished with Incredible and Dragon, but once he comes face to face with them, he's done. Then the two are left to help Doom dismantle Iron Man.

VERSUS

As an X-fan, it pains me to say this, but Colossus is outclassed against the Thing. Ben Grimm is the only one to have come close to going one on one with the Hulk (other than Superman, but that was a sham :p), so Collosus isn't really in Things league.

There's not really much Sabretooth could do against Clayface, who could pretty much entrap him and knock him out by shoving clay down his throat. He has no real flesh to tear, so Sabretooths plain out of luck.

Green Arrow v Captain Britain. Would be an interesting fight, but Caps TK powers, amplified by his suit, pretty much guarantee that none of Green Arrows could actually hit him, leaving an old guy in a Robin Hood outfit, up against a Mystically enhanced mutant in prime physical condition...

That leaves Starfire and Swampthing. I'd be rooting for Swamp thing, but even if he took her out, i'd say the remaining members of Team Britain could take 'im.

VERSUS

First time I read this amtch, I was about to just hand it to Rhinos team, simply because of Doomsday. However, since Sinister has Obi Wan, a Jedi with almost precognitive reflexes, and a lightsaber than can cut through practically anything, I'd say that he's probably got a good chance of taking Doomsday out, and after that, well, everyone else on his team is pretty much a second stringer.

Mr Sinister alone could take 'em, but with the firepower of ThunderBird (Thunderbird 3 i take it?) and Deathlok, I'd say this one would be both short and bloody.

VERSUS

I wanted to give this one to Cannonball, I really did. I hate Spawn, and Wolverine, so I'd love for them to lose, but in all honesty, Spawns team waltzes through this.

While Spawn deals with Violater, Daredevil would, I'm sorry, quite easily take down Nightwing. Leaving Bloodaxe and Cannonball for Jean Grey and Wolverine?

Probably the quickest fight of the round.

falconarrow
November 21st, 2005, 1:16 PM
Oh this is going to get me mocked for sure, and deservedly so.

I meant Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards), not Mr. Incredible. Thats what you get when you don't double check.

I'm sorry about that.

Mazer
November 21st, 2005, 2:27 PM
VERSUS

Ironman's team has an early advatnage, as Doom worked out strategies to take down Mr. incredible, only to see Mr. Fantastic's last minute substitution void his plans. Angered at being made to look the fool by Reed, Doom goes into a rage and focueses all his attentions on reed, and who tries to keep him occupied until his team can dispose of Doom's team. Unofrtunately, Sandman can damage Iron Man's suit, And the Undead connection will take down Dragon and Hawkeye. Then Doom disposes of Richards.

Team DOOM

VERSUS

Capt Brit immediately engages Green Arrow , and is able to dispose of him. Sabretooth is limited in this fight in that Starfire can stay away from him and he would have a hard time damaging Clayface or Thing. He is disposed of, and in a rage of jealousy over Wolverine being given a better team, beigns to hunt Falcon Arrow. Swampthing and Collossus are not able to make up the difference and team Brit lands a convincing victory.

TEAM BRIT

VERSUS

Sinister and Obi-Wan are pretty topflight. Together they have enough ability to take down Doomsday. Then they laugh off the rest of his team

TEAM SINOBI

VERSUS

Spawn's team is pretty tough. All of them are pretty tough, and Jean adds a dimension that most teams lack. Nightwing would be down quick. And the rest of his team would soon follow.

TEAM DEVILSPAWn

Jimmy Zero
November 21st, 2005, 7:24 PM
Morbius/Dr. Doom/Sandman/Ghost Rider
Sinister/Obi Wan/Deathlok/Thunderbird (especially if it's 3)

RabidWookie
November 21st, 2005, 7:40 PM
Going against the flow with that one. I don't think Dragon will be picked off as easily as you guys seem to be writing him off.

Alky covered this one nicely

Obi-wan takes out Doomsday easily then the rest just fall over rather quickly

too easy

falconarrow
November 27th, 2005, 7:08 PM
VERSUS

Doom's ego dooms his team, as Richards's inventions and experience in dealing with him give team Reed the win. Iron Man can handle the rest.

TEAM REED

VERSUS

Already covered. Team Colossus has almost no diversity. Its three ok strongmen and an archer, versus some magic, flight, a real powerhouse, and Clayface.

TEAM BRIT

VERSUS

Doomsday will crush half of the other team. but Obi Wan will be able to take out someone like Pyro or Rhino very easily. Can Doomsday land the one punch he needs? I say no. Maybe 20% of the time. But thats not enough.

TEAM SINOBI

VERSUS

Spawn beats the Clown, as usual. Jean is hurt badly by Nightwing and Cannonball, sending Wolverine into a rage. *snikt*
TEAM LOGAN

falconarrow
November 27th, 2005, 11:18 PM
Team Doom and Team Richards tie 3-3

Team Brit wins 6-0

Team Kenobi wins 6-0

Team Wolverine wins 5-1

falconarrow
November 27th, 2005, 11:22 PM
Omega Red/War Machine/Mongul/Deathstrike
VERSUS
Optimus Prime/Emma Frost/Absorbing Man/Calysto

Rictor/Hawkman/Cyborg/Vader
VERSUS
Siege/Darkhawk/Abomination/Hulk

Thor/Kraven/Sebastian Shaw/Cat Woman
VERSUS
Rogue/Multiple Man/Cable/Scorpion

Punisher/Doc Oc/Namor/Venom
VERSUS
Boba Fett/Hobgoblin/Scarlet Witch/Sauron

ysanthl
November 28th, 2005, 12:02 AM

Rictor/Hawkman/Cyborg/Vader - Now before someone starts saying oh Hulk is the strongest one there is. The Abomination is one of a few that can go toe to toe with the Hulk. Having said that there is no way they would work together on a team, none. If they made it to the fight Abomination would only play along long enough until he found an opening and then sucker punch Hulk. Leaving 4 on 2. And those 4 can certainly take out those 2. Then they just let Hulk and Abomination finish their fight and then pick off the winner.

Punisher/Doc Oc/Namor/Venom - good team here i think

Mazer
November 29th, 2005, 1:03 AM
Omega Red/War Machine/Mongul/Deathstrike
VERSUS

This is a good team for absorbing man. With Calysto they have a flawless tactician, and Prime and Emma are not slouches either. Plus if Absorbing man starts doing something stupid Emma will pretty much take his mind over. Prime can take out EWAr Mcahine. Emme will mess with Mongul's mind while the other do their work. Calysto's tentacles make her hard to touch, and absorbing amn can stand up to Thor physically, they can handle Omega Red and Deathstryke. Then they help finish Mongul.

Team PrimeFrost

Rictor/Hawkman/Cyborg/Vader
VERSUS
Siege/Darkhawk/Abomination/Hulk

If we assume that characters will fight on the same team, even if some characters won't work as well as others, then there is no way Huk and Abomination lose here. Ysathnl has a good point that in a regular continuity no way Hulk and Abomination work together, but I'm assuming that something in the magical nature of their tournament keeps them on the same ide till its over. Vader would put up a fight, but no way that anybody else sloes them down. Abomination and Hulk would do well on their own.

Team Hulk

VERSUS
Rogue/Multiple Man/Cable/Scorpion

Thor carries the team here. The Thunder god could take down Rogue before she gets to him, and then help the rest of his team mop-up.

Team Thor

Punisher/Doc Oc/Namor/Venom
VERSUS
Boba Fett/Hobgoblin/Scarlet Witch/Sauron

Punisher versus Fett would be interesting. Namor is top notch and would be the MVP.

Team Namor

ysanthl
November 29th, 2005, 12:31 PM
There was never any real magical nature to this tournament that i recall. And if Hulk can break Stranges mind control spell as others have said. Who is going to stop him and Abomination? Way to much hatred. No one could make these 2 be on the same team.

Mazer
November 29th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Its a fair point. But there are a lot of teams that you would have to think would start fighting each other if they had any choice in the matter/if regualr continuity was applied. For my voting, I'm just assuming that the teamsfor whatever reason HAVE to work together.

falconarrow
November 29th, 2005, 2:02 PM
I dunno. To me, it depends on the individuals.

Hulk and Abomination have plenty of other people to fight, and would likely fight them a little bit.

If the Joker and Batman were on a team together, there is no way they could work together. joker would go after Batman, or turn his back on him at some point in the fight, just for laughs.

Joker wouldn't care if it ment he got killed, as long as he gets Batman. I suppose people like Bullseye and Elektra, or Doom and Reed richards also wouldn't be able to work together, what with their egoes and old grudges.

Mazer
November 29th, 2005, 2:06 PM
Again, another fair point. I do try to think about who would work well within a team construct or who would perfrom poorly. The fact that Abomination and Hulk wouldn't work together well may come back to haunt them later for me. I guess that to me, with teams of good and bad mixed together, and the fact that a lot of characters have history, for the purposes of this tournament I'm assuming that they will stay within team lines and teammates will not fight each other.

Alcohol
November 29th, 2005, 6:13 PM
To be fair, the logic that 'they would never work together' is inherently flawed. These are comic characters, they'd only never work together until a writer decided it'd make a good story to have them wrk together.

For the purposes of this tourney, I'm just assuming that they'd at least take out the other team before fighting each other.

falconarrow
November 29th, 2005, 6:16 PM
Why is Che is your avatar?

Also, I have a question on Rogue's power. Obviously she can't absorb Multiple Man, because then he'd go unconscious and all his clones would go with him.

Can she absorb his copies, though? Or if she absorbs Multiple Man, could she then make copies of herself, each with flight and strength, and the ability to absorb?

I say she can.

Jimmy Zero
December 5th, 2005, 11:06 AM
Theoretically, she should be able to. Multiple Man's copies are exact replicas of himself. I think, for a while at least, the real Multiple Man was actually a copy, which was able to make other copies so no one was aware that it wasn't actually MM.

So, assuming that MM's power would work the same way if Rogue absorbed it and used it, her copies would be exact copies of herself, including possessing her existing powers of flight, strength/invulnerability and power sapping.

Mazer
December 5th, 2005, 11:12 AM
The argument regarding Rogue and Multiple Man makes sense. Accordingly, I change my vote to team Rogue.

ysanthl
December 5th, 2005, 12:50 PM
SO i guess we are just going to argue and no one is going to vote.