PDA

View Full Version : Rant Thread

Takerholic
October 10th, 2005, 9:02 PM
I know there are rant threads all over this place, but this one will be much more structured. Everyday I will post a new WWE related topic and everyone who has signed up can chime in with their two cents. At the end of the day I will read all rants and award points on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best. Every sunday, which we will use as the end of the week, I will post a non-wrestling topic for everyone to rant about. Rants may be positive or negative and points will be awarded based on knowledge of the topic, and the overall point of the rant. Please try to refrain from going after one another and try to stay on topic. Points will be deducted for going too far off topic. On New years eve an overall winner will be announced and will be named RAJAH RANT KING/QUEEN. Sign-ups will end at 15 ranters.

New Points are in as of 10/18/05

1.Mikey_Jones 7
2.Hatred From The Soul 5
3. Fasho 6
4.Brian M. 8
5. Paintmebloodred
6. Aeida

Mikey_Jones
October 11th, 2005, 3:06 AM
Yeah sure, I'll sign up

Bennedy
October 11th, 2005, 12:23 PM
i'm in. sounds good.

FaSho34
October 13th, 2005, 8:30 PM
Sure...

Takerholic
October 15th, 2005, 2:04 AM
alright, since this thread didnt gain as much of a following as I had hoped, we will go with just the three competitors and anyone who wants join can! Ranting topic #1 will be posted sunday morning!

Brian M.
October 15th, 2005, 2:35 AM
I'll join in on this I guess. Can't hurt to try.
________
ASIAN TUBES (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/4/asian/videos/1)

PMBR
October 15th, 2005, 6:18 PM
im in why not

Takerholic
October 16th, 2005, 8:15 PM
OK the first topic of this week is The pros and cons of Austin vs Hogan at WM

Aeida
October 16th, 2005, 9:21 PM
Crappy slow server made a double post

Aeida
October 16th, 2005, 9:38 PM
Can i still join?

i thought i saw you say a daily rant <which would be impossible for me to do, being i have exams comming up at uni>, but if it is weekly or like 3 days i am in

FaSho34
October 16th, 2005, 9:58 PM
Ah this is another one of those dream matches, Austin/Hogan. I believe that if this were to happen, it would get tons of hype, but the match would suck, I believe that Hogan is way out of his prime, and that Austin, being rusty and all, wouldn't be able to help Hogan out. I believe that this would be good for the WWE in some ways. They would get tons of people to watch this, we have two legends in the ring again for a dream match. But the cons are look at their wrestling abilities now, Hogan isn't what he used to be, and Austin hasn't been in a match for a while. I think this will end up happening, and it will be a yawn fest, maybe a ** match if they are lucky.

Brian M.
October 16th, 2005, 11:02 PM
Well, I'm sure this will be the hot topic of debate up until Wrestlemania, regardless of whether it happens. I personally could care less. You have Hulk Hogan, a man in his mid-50's who can barely do his famous legdrop, never mind perform a 20 minute match on the biggest stage of them all. Who knows how he got through his match with Michaels at Summerslam. Then you have Steve Austin, another man who is in horrible shape physically. By the time Wrestlemania rolls around, it will have been 3 years since he wrestled in his last match. I'm sure he'd be awfully rusty. You're telling me those two men would be able to put on an entertaining match? I highly doubt it.

But then there is the whole nostalgia angle of it all. The biggest star of the 80's facing off against the biggest star of the 90's. That element doesn't draw me in either. I wasn't watching in the 80's (probably a huge reason why I'm not on the Hogan bandwagon), and I just started to get into wrestling in about '98. I figure it's the same for most current wrestling fans. However, I'm sure this match would draw buys, as it would draw in the old wrestling fans, and perhaps even non-wrestling fans with the name value of each man. The crowd in Chicago would be hot as well, probably split down the middle. That would add to the match, but would it add enough to make it fun to watch? I don't really think so.

I just plain don't want to see this match happen. If it does, I'm sure Hogan would either win the match, or steal Austin's thunder afterwards. The thought of it makes me sick.
________
BODY SCIENCE (http://bodyscience.ws/)

mth
October 16th, 2005, 11:25 PM
I think i'd like to join this thing, if that's cool?
EDIT: nevermind, i'll probably just forget i joined....

Mikey_Jones
October 17th, 2005, 3:03 PM
Hogan vs Austin. A "Dream Match" Personally, I think this would be the worst match ever.

Firstly, Hogan has proven he can't wrestle a decent match. Matches against Michaels and Hassan have proven that. Problems lie in his age, but Austin can't also wrestle a good match, due to his neck. Now, in their prime, both are great wrestlers, but nowadays, their just reconizeable names who can't wrestle.

From a mark's point of view however, this would be a great match. Icon of 80's vs. Icon of 90's. A real dream match. This would increase Mania buy-rates by a load, but take away form other matches. This match, I fell, would be worse than Goldberg/Brock.

The only way I would liek this match is if Austin no sold the boot, gave Hogan the middle finger and stunnered him. That would make me and most of the smarks onhere around the world happy, I feel.

Bennedy
October 17th, 2005, 3:14 PM
Hogan vs Austin

This could be a good or a bad match. Austin's neck problems would cause this to be a real dangerous match. One bad bump and Austin could be permently paralyzed. I would like to see this match. But only If Hogan jobs to Stone Cold.

This would get alot of smarks and marks excited but the marks would not think about Austin's health which is the most important thing.

Takerholic
October 19th, 2005, 1:02 AM
Since some people have said that it would be easier if this wasnt a daily thing I have changed it to every other day.

New topic is The new Junior Divison in the WWE. Is it something that could eventually become as popular as the CW division, or a sideshow attraction created by McMahon to draw new buys while exploiting these "little people?"

Bennedy
October 19th, 2005, 2:07 AM
Well the Junior divison is a big addition to Smackdown. We have seen little people have matches but not as often as it could be. These people have talent and just because of their size does not mean that they are not awesome competitors.

But this will not be as big as the CW Division and that i am pretty sure on. But i really don't see this becoming a long term thing. Probably this time next year there will not be a junior division. What i am interested is how they will fit this division into smackdown this might mean less backstage segments which are okay now and again.

viva_la_raza
October 19th, 2005, 5:58 AM
Do I have to join this? and if so is it still possible to do so?

Aeida
October 19th, 2005, 6:07 AM
Juniors division.... first time i heard of it i was like :wtf: What is Vince thinking! It's crazy i mean yeah, sure, people under 5ft can have decent matches but you gotta think did anybody out there think of the slightest chance that you could... would... watch a midget match week in week out.

It is a complete Novelty, a way of becoming more entertainment than wrestling, Not to sound like a jerk or anything, but midgets are kinda fun to laugh at, especially in the wwe where they usually mock other wrestlers.

It will be a novelty for a few weeks (IF it is actually going to go for over a week), then it will come to Survivor Series... Would you pay for a PPV for a midget match? unless it is a midget Battle Royal... (That seems to be a little appealing).

Brian M.
October 19th, 2005, 11:52 AM
As my status suggests, midgets=ratings. OK, so it's a little bit of a joke, but the general sentiment is still there. Everywhere you look right now, movies, music videos, whatever, there are "little people" playing supporting roles. Mini-Me became the most entertaining character in the Austin Powers movies. Wee-Man became one of the most popular stars of the TV show "Jackass." These are just a few examples of America falling in love with little people.

How does this fit into WWE? WWE is an entertainment company. Yes they are a wrestling company first and foremost, but they'll do anything if they know it'll entertain the masses. Vince probably thinks a match between Max Mini and Pocket Rocket would appeal more to most than Paul London VS Nunzio. And you know what, he's probably right. What that says about most wrestling fans is irrelevent. Vince wants to put on a show that the majority of fans will enjoy. And he believes the Junior division will help him accomplish that. I agree.
________
MARIJUANA BUBBLER (http://bubblers.net/)

darkhorse
October 19th, 2005, 8:12 PM
To be quite honest, I think Smackdown needs to worry about its existing talent before introducing an entire division. While Smackdown has been more watchable lately, it is still nowhere near as competitive with Raw as a rival brand should be. If they're planning on effectively using this new division, at the very least it should be given a test-run on Velocity before introducing it to Smackdown.