PDA

View Full Version : Prison Break

Pages : [1] 2

Clutch
September 15th, 2005, 1:26 PM
New FOX drama thriller TV show featuring Dominic Purcell & Wentworth Miller about a guy who purposely gets himself incarcerated into the same prison as his brother (who is a death-row inmate) to bust him out (he's seemingly innocent and victim of a frame). The guy going to rescue his brother is supposed to be an engineer who had a hand in the design of the prison so he knows all the ins & outs of said prison, etc. Lots of shady characters and a great plotline that feels very "24-ish" (probably why i love this show)

Anyways, i love this show...anyone else?

Zeeboe
September 15th, 2005, 1:47 PM
New FOX drama thriller TV show featuring Dominic Purcell & Wentworth Miller about a guy who purposely gets himself incarcerated into the same prison as his brother (who is a death-row inmate) to bust him out (he's seemingly innocent and victim of a frame). The guy going to rescue his brother is supposed to be an engineer who had a hand in the design of the prison so he knows all the ins & outs of said prison, etc. Lots of shady characters and a great plotline that feels very "24-ish" (probably why i love this show)

Anyways, i love this show...anyone else?

Not really. I was pretty bored with it when I first saw it and have not watched it since. Oz is better in my view. I would have liked this show back in the day but Oz spoiled me so now anytime I see a TV show or movie about prison, I expect it do be as gritty and realistic as Oz. And if it ain't, it puts me to sleep.

I mean, I know Oz had some insane things go on that were not always realistic but at least they waited four years to put unrealistic things in it.

And on Prison Break, how the heck could a guy have a tattoo of the map of the whole prison on his back?

On a plus side: It is realistic as far as racial stuff goes. On Oz, every now and then two characters of different races would be pals. i.e. Beecher and Said.

From what I have seen, Prison Break is realistic as far as the racial stuff in prison goes. But the show has just started. When Oz first begin, very rarely where characters of two different races friends with one another.

But I suspect life in prison is boring for the most part so sometimes a show has to have unrealistic things go on for it to be entertaining. But at least Oz waited a few years before they made their show unrealistic.

Prison Break almost glamorizes life in prison and is the type of show made for people who don't wanna get too close to what life is like in prison but are curious....just not THAT curious...

But if you ever wanna know how life in a real prison is, go to the land of Oz.

Just one man's opinion though. I mean no disrespect and I am not trying to dent the show for you :yes: To each their own.

If anything, one may say you are more saner and normal then I am because you'd rather watch the prison show that doesn't show all the graphic violence and rape.

Seanny One Ball
September 15th, 2005, 2:25 PM
Zeeboe you've never been in a real prison, and Oz certainly isn't realistic.

It was a brilliant show, but no prison would fund a project like that and keep it running with such ridiculously high mortality rates.

Zeeboe
September 15th, 2005, 2:56 PM
Zeeboe you've never been in a real prison, and Oz certainly isn't realistic.

It was a brilliant show, but no prison would fund a project like that and keep it running with such ridiculously high mortality rates.

Almost every storyline in Oz was based on something that happened in a real prison, according to creator of Tom Fontana. There were various web links that backed it's story up.

Seanny One Ball
September 15th, 2005, 4:51 PM
Yes, but in a real prison they wouldn't all happen in that close proximity - and if they did, the prison would be shut down and serious investigations started.

Zeeboe
September 15th, 2005, 5:08 PM
Well, like I said, I suspect life in prison is boring for the most part so sometimes a show has to have unrealistic things go on for it to be entertaining.

Also, breaking out of prison seems rather unrealistic and very black and white 1930s type of prison.

I realize Oz had a character break out of prison, but that wasn't the main storyline. Whereas Prison Break seems to only focus on the idea of escaping.

Again, to each their own. I am glad more TV shows are showing that even the worst of men are human too.

Wedge
September 15th, 2005, 5:27 PM
I just think naming your show the main conceit of your show sorta screws up some of it. I mean, it's called Prison Break...but they can't. Or else no show. Because once they do...the show's name is stupid. :p

The_Mike
September 15th, 2005, 6:19 PM
I just think naming your show the main conceit of your show sorta screws up some of it. I mean, it's called Prison Break...but they can't. Or else no show. Because once they do...the show's name is stupid. :p

They could probably squeeze a season or two dealing with the aftermath of being a prison escapee and trying to build a new life on the run.

Wedge
September 15th, 2005, 6:34 PM
Don't ruin my perfectly good joke with reason.

But in rebuttal...The Fugitive.

Dave M
September 15th, 2005, 6:45 PM
Also Wedge, they could break out and be caught. Then they would be in prison again and the show could continue, but perhaps they would have to rename it.

SomeDude
September 15th, 2005, 8:05 PM
Decent show, but main reason I'm watching it is to kill time till 24...

Enzyme
November 22nd, 2005, 8:08 PM
So, time has passed, the story has continued, how are people feeling about it now?

I only got into it about a month ago, and I think it's great.

Clutch
November 22nd, 2005, 9:02 PM
I fucking love this show....i'm hooked.....not quite "Lost" hooked but hooked nonetheless....

I wonder how they will finish this season out? Does anyone know if it's been picked up for another season?

Canuck
November 22nd, 2005, 9:25 PM
I can't really see how it would be picked up for another season. I've got an idea of how it will end in my head, but I will most likely be miles off. I missed last night's episode, anyone care for a summary?

McBain
November 23rd, 2005, 7:46 PM
This show is immense.

Up there with Lost for me. :yes:

And I really hope they just have it as a one-off series, it wouldn't make sense to drag it out more.

Clutch
November 28th, 2005, 9:44 PM
2hour finale in about 15mins!!! YES!

They called it a "Fall Finale" but i'm not too clear on what that meant. Series finale in the fall or next season starts next summer, as before?

Anyhow, tonight is gonna kick ass...

McBain
November 29th, 2005, 7:34 AM
Its the end of the first half of the series, they're going to air the second half after a break of a few months or so apparently.

Gregsy
January 19th, 2006, 6:59 AM
BUMP...

This show is about to start for the first time on Australian Television. I'm unsure of what day, but I think it's early next month.

Looking forward to it. :hyper:

Deano T.L.
January 19th, 2006, 7:01 AM
this looks really good, cant wait till it comes.

Chris Scott
January 31st, 2006, 10:19 AM
Watched the second episode in the UK last night. From what I watched it looks like an excellent series, downloading the first episode to catch up.

Hlebsfall
January 31st, 2006, 1:42 PM
It's fantastic in that it is even more ridiculous than 24. The bloke spent the whole episode bartering with some blokes just to get his screw back. Did he need it to open a door maybe? No, just to use it to undo a bolt on his toilet. I imagine it would have been out of the question for him to have found something else of a similar dimension that would fit in the hole.

Gregsy
February 1st, 2006, 8:12 AM
Premiered tonight on Australian television. I am loving it, especially since it was a 2 hour premier.

PMBR
February 2nd, 2006, 4:12 AM
currently my favorite show. im absolutely addicted. i cant wait for the second half to come back in March.

counting the days

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Chris Scott
February 6th, 2006, 9:38 PM
Second Half? Ijust watched the 3rd episode on Monday here in the UK. Still loving this show, If I still like a show after the fist and second episode I know it's for me.

Also for my first time I will not be downloading to catch up, I'm watching them as they come on.

Gregsy
February 7th, 2006, 1:42 AM
We get the third episode here, tomorrow night. I can't wait!

McBain
February 7th, 2006, 8:59 AM
If you like it this much now just wait, it gets so much better. :yes:

Tom Bombadil
February 7th, 2006, 9:13 AM
This programme is greatness...Next week looks so good to.

RabidWookie
February 7th, 2006, 10:06 AM
Man, this show sounded pretty damn shitty after reading what it was about but after the first two episodes have aired here now I'm loving it. I thought the main guy was just gonna have a big map tattooed on his back or something, but the way that he's got all these little bits and pieces hidden all over him is pretty cool.

Clutch
February 7th, 2006, 10:14 AM
We have to wait til March for the second half now!!??? Christ, I thought we were going to get it back in mid-Feb.

Craven
March 19th, 2006, 8:18 PM
*Bump*

Just watched episode 14 (god bless torrents) and i have to say, it was a bit anti climatic. I won't say anymore as i don't think it's even aired in the US yet.

Aussie_Outlaw
March 20th, 2006, 3:48 PM
It aired on the 20th which is today by my count.

And I too are upto date with the series after just watching Ep 14. The big question in my mind is that in episode 22 will they escape, because I do hope they don't drag it on much further.

The few outs I can see is Link gets released due to the lawyers unravelling everything and Mike is left in and he's got to escape. Plus they did plant all kinds of threads through the middle episodes (where Michael is a saviour and tries to help everyone), so he could stay helping people escape.

Or they could just overhaul the entire series to a different prison with different people and a different escape. But that is more difficult to get ratings.

I sure hope they do get out at the end of the series and will be cranky if they don't.

McBain
March 20th, 2006, 3:54 PM
*Bump*

Just watched episode 14 (god bless torrents) and i have to say, it was a bit anti climatic. I won't say anymore as i don't think it's even aired in the US yet.

Bollocks, just spoiled it for myself. :(

PMBR
March 28th, 2006, 2:50 PM
Was it just me or did the mystery guest in the viewing room get built up way too much to be something so irrelevant? The TV Guide channel did a special on the return of the show, and the actor who plays Sucre said that it was going to be an ultimately shocking moment. What did you think?

Canuck
March 28th, 2006, 5:01 PM
It was his dad, you know that right?

Next week's episode is a can't miss, Everyone's pre-jail stories will be told.

PMBR
March 28th, 2006, 5:16 PM
Yes I realize that it was his dad, but the way that they built it up made it seem like it was going to be Terrance Steadman or someone who is absolutely vital to the story. Being the father really isn't a big deal because it didn't reveal anything shocking. Basically we are left thinking one of two things:

1. Dad felt bad about abandoning his sons and he wanted to see Lincoln during his final moments.
2. Lincoln imagined it.

I agree. Next weeks episode will be great. The preview for next week is making it seem like C-Note actually was in Iraq and got arrested for doing something illegal during war. I hope that is not the case because in that situation, he wouldnt be incarcerated at Fox River. Instead he would be in military prison.

PMBR
April 4th, 2006, 7:48 AM
Last night had some interesting backstory, although Sucre's story of love is very weak. He knew the girl for a few days before he went to prison and he expected her to wait for him? It was great to see that his cousin is the one that ratted him out and sent him to jail.

I really got into C-Note's story. I loved seeing him as an actual stand up kinda guy. It really made you feel for him and want to see him escape.

There was nothing on Westmorland but then again, Michael discussed with him in detail how he was arrested and his backstory a few episodes ago. They are really playing things off as is John Abruzzi has actually died. I hope thats not the case because he was a fantastic character and it will be nice to see some revenge on T-Bag.

Last night they said T-Bag was in jail for 6 murders of school children. They didn't mention the sexual interaction with them. I thought he was in jail for pedophilia.

Enzyme
April 4th, 2006, 9:30 AM
There was nothing on Westmorland but then again, Michael discussed with him in detail how he was arrested and his backstory a few episodes ago. They are really playing things off as is John Abruzzi has actually died. I hope thats not the case because he was a fantastic character and it will be nice to see some revenge on T-Bag.
He's been gone for a little while now, hopefully some people have put him "out of sight, out of mind" which is what they are going for. They probably want him to just turn up, if they'd shown his backstory it would have made some people go "Oh yeah, forgot about him. Wonder when he's coming back?"

Plus, we'd already seen him do the killing that got him thrown in Fox River when it was shown that Fibonacci witnessed it.

And I was a bit skeptical about T-Bag's love for that woman. But you could almost see him change there and then. Maybe he really did change, was on the way to recovery, and this just pulled him back down.

Aussie_Outlaw
April 4th, 2006, 9:45 AM
Pure Filler. Although it did change the sympathies around for a few characters, which is such an odd thing to do.

PMBR
April 7th, 2006, 6:40 AM
Does anyone else get the feeling that Michael won't give Pope an answer as to how he got burned so they throw him in solitary? At least thats the impression that I got from the preview.

McBain
April 7th, 2006, 6:46 AM
Pure Filler. Although it did change the sympathies around for a few characters, which is such an odd thing to do.

Yeah, I think it sets them up to eventually escape rather than have Lincoln acquitted. When the series first started and it seemed Michael was going to be freeing a handful of hardened crims just to get his bro free, I wondered about the morality of that. Now everyone except Teabag has been shown as a victim of circumstance and good men in their own right - which makes their escape more acceptable.

Interesting episode, a nice change of pace. :yes:

I'm looking forward to finding out the actual reason for Lincoln being framed in the first place - what do they have against him?

PMBR
April 7th, 2006, 6:54 AM
So far, I don't think that Lincoln was specifically chosen other than for the reason that he was an easy target and because he had recently been fired by Steadman, he had motive.

T-Bag was shown as a victim in that episode. He was honestly making a conscious effort to better himself and attempt to have a real life. It was a day late and a dollar short, but he was trying. The woman that he loved turned him in... come on now, how do you not get sympathy from that.

This is a big spoiler regarding future episodes, not something from this current week.In a special done by the TV-Guide Channel, the actor who plays the tweener lets us know that one of the characters in the show dies because of what he does. Obviously it is hinting at someone getting killed because he rats out Michael. The only 2 characters who are acceptable to be killed off are Sucre and C-Note. Sucre is going to have to get his revenge on his cousin, so I doubt it will be him. By process of elimination, I think C-Note might be getting the shank.

McBain
April 7th, 2006, 6:58 AM
So far, I don't think that Lincoln was specifically chosen other than for the reason that he was an easy target and because he had recently been fired by Steadman, he had motive.

Okay then, so why did Steadman want to fake his own death? That's a more important question I suppose.

They're really intent on keeping him in jail too though, they want him dead, it seems not because he was an easy target (how important is it to have someone convicted for the murder?) but for some deeper reason.

:dunno:

I'm confusing myself.

Aussie_Outlaw
April 7th, 2006, 9:02 AM
I think you're reading too much into it. They just want him dead because then he's not walking around saying he didn't do it. Case Closed.

As for TBag, sure he was reforming but he reverted back to his old psycho self so he's not really better. Then again his whole speach about how he was reformed could be said to be a load of manipulative shite just to get at the girl that turned him in since he is that kind of person who just says stuff to make the other person feel like shit. No Sympathy from me.

PMBR
April 7th, 2006, 1:30 PM
I agree that T-Bag's speech could have been simply manipulative, but he seemed genuinely hurt when he found out the woman he loved turned him in. His emotions seemed to be staged to me. It also went along with the general theme that all of the featured prisoners were in prison because of love. Lincoln loved his son and didnt want them to get hurt because of his debt. Michael loved his brother. Sucre loved Mari Cruz. C-Note loved his wife and daughter and refused to let them think less of him. T-Bag got double crossed by the woman he loved.

PMBR
April 7th, 2006, 1:30 PM
edit:double post

McBain
April 7th, 2006, 5:59 PM
As for TBag, sure he was reforming but he reverted back to his old psycho self so he's not really better. Then again his whole speach about how he was reformed could be said to be a load of manipulative shite just to get at the girl that turned him in since he is that kind of person who just says stuff to make the other person feel like shit. No Sympathy from me.

Agreed 100%. He's a sick fuck through and through, end of.

Aussie_Outlaw
April 9th, 2006, 3:00 AM
There's going to be a 2nd season.

Supposedly About them on the run

PMBR
April 9th, 2006, 4:52 PM
There's going to be a 2nd season.

Supposedly About them on the run
Where did you hear that? I'd love to know your sources so I can read up on it. I am a Prison Break FREAK. I think that a season about them on the run will ruin the show though. They are honestly going to have to do something huge to give the show its mystique back. After the break, I haven't really truly enjoyed an episode yet.

PMBR
April 10th, 2006, 5:56 PM
Did anyone read my spoiler? I would love to discuss it with someone before it goes down.

PMBR
April 11th, 2006, 6:37 AM
When Michael started punching the wall, I knew immediately that he was trying to get put into psych ward. However, I never saw it coming that Haywire would be there. I had completely forgotten about his obsession with Michaels tattoos and the drawings he made.

Sucre's insurance policy in the event that he got caught was genius. I had no idea what he needed T-Bag to get from that "person".

Great episode. It did a good job of progressing the story in the right direction. This is the kind of episode I needed to get hooked once again.

Chris Scott
April 26th, 2006, 1:02 AM
Watched the episode "The Rat" on Monday, that were the UK is up to. Still loving every minute of Prison Break. Thought I would of got a bit bored as the episodes go on but it's been anything but that.

PMBR
April 26th, 2006, 12:49 PM
You guys are only up to "The Rat"? Damn. I think we are 3 episodes ahead of you in the US.

Chris Scott
April 26th, 2006, 3:25 PM
Only 3 episodes, I consider that good. Usually were a season or at least 10 episodes behind. I was thinking of downloading to catch up but I love my Monday nights watching PB :yes:

PMBR
April 27th, 2006, 3:39 PM
Yeah my monday nights generally consist of Prison Break and Raw

PMBR
May 1st, 2006, 7:56 PM
Does anybody think that they will actually escape tonight?

Craven
May 2nd, 2006, 4:38 AM
I dunno, i'm just downloading it now.

Craven
May 3rd, 2006, 4:23 AM
They didn't, perhaps unsurprisingly. Liked the old Massive Attack music and montage bit. Surprised with the ending though, didn't expect Schofield to fess up to the Poper

Aussie_Outlaw
May 3rd, 2006, 10:17 AM
2 to go :hyper:

The airfield will be interesting in the next week or two, can't wait for that.

Canuck
May 3rd, 2006, 4:38 PM
I take it there's not going to be a season 2 of this show?

Aussie_Outlaw
May 3rd, 2006, 10:34 PM
I take it there's not going to be a season 2 of this show?

Nope, talk is that it's been renewed and it's going to be about

the hunt and chase as well as still the investigation of the whole conspiracy

PMBR
May 8th, 2006, 7:56 PM
The breakout begins in 4 minutes... :hyper:

:hyper:

Chris Scott
May 9th, 2006, 1:53 AM
What episode are you up to?

PMBR
May 9th, 2006, 6:30 AM
I'm not sure which number episode it is, but the title was "Go". America only has one more episode to go.

Aussie_Outlaw
May 9th, 2006, 11:49 AM
It's episode 21, next week is 22 and the finale.

I was telling my mate they'd get over the wall this week, and I was right, sure the fatty and the old guy died and it was half obvious. I still think Michael/Brother/Michael's cellmate/Army guy will escape and the other two will die in a standoff. Or at least that's what I'm hoping. Still can't wait for the airfield scene.

I'll fix names later as I can't be arsed thinking. Still you know who I mean.

PMBR
May 9th, 2006, 7:32 PM
I don't want anyone who broke out to die. They need T-Bag and Abruzzi for the second season. Well they don't really need T-Bag. I guess they can kill him. But Abruzzi can't die. I think the second season is going to be Abruzzi leading the mob and coming after Michael and Lincoln.

PMBR
May 9th, 2006, 7:34 PM
BTW the names you are looking for

Michael
Brother = Lincoln Burrows
Cellmate = Sucre
Army Guy = C Note
Bad Guy = T Bag
Mob Guy = John Abruzzi
Avacado's fuck buddy = Tweener

Craven
May 10th, 2006, 4:56 AM
I don't want anyone who broke out to die. They need T-Bag and Abruzzi for the second season. Well they don't really need T-Bag. I guess they can kill him. But Abruzzi can't die. I think the second season is going to be Abruzzi leading the mob and coming after Michael and Lincoln.

T-Bag has to be in the second season, as he knows about the money that Westmoreland told Michael and C-Note about.

Aussie_Outlaw
May 10th, 2006, 10:46 AM
BTW the names you are looking for...

It's strange, usually I'm really good with names but with Prison Break I've nicknamed all the character to their basic stereotypes like Wigger, Oldie, Michael (I'm so inventive ;)), Brother, Paedo, etc. Sure if I tried I could remember but still I hate the fucking Wigger in a good way. If I was in Prison, I'd hope he was my cellmate :naughty:

PMBR
May 10th, 2006, 2:19 PM
I think the money is going to be the cause of a group fight in the final episode of the season. T-Bag could still die in the episode, but not before a big fight breaks out because of him.

Canuck
May 16th, 2006, 1:57 PM
Definately the worst season finale I have ever seen.

PMBR
May 16th, 2006, 6:36 PM
Not the worst I've ever seen by far, but an absolute stinker.

No satisfaction whatsoever.

Hlebsfall
May 16th, 2006, 6:42 PM
What happened? I better not be one of them cliffhanger for next season things. If it's shit, I will give up on the rest of the series, as I am only watching this at the moment because I feel I have duty to, having watched the first 15 or whatever.

PMBR
May 16th, 2006, 6:51 PM
Yep. It is NOTHING but promotion for next season with one death and a lot of new storylines JUST starting.

PMBR
May 16th, 2006, 6:54 PM
Oops, I'll correct myself. 2 deaths. No mention of the father's role in things. No LJ. New storyline for the vice president. Good interaction between Abruzzi and T-Bag that showed T-Bag's genius and Abruzzi's violent side. Nothing from C-Note or Sucre.

Craven
May 16th, 2006, 8:06 PM
I'm glad i'm not the only one who found the ending a letdown. I would have preferred them to make the plane. Now it just leaves things all up in the year. What the last poster said was right. It missed out a lot of things it should have included.

The_Jean
May 17th, 2006, 8:55 AM
Great Finale

Intense episode, no real main characters deaths (which is a lot better than traditional finales where at least 3 guys u like die) small twist with who actually died from drinkin the water......shit am i allowed to spoil this now or what..... and a suprise ending where everything that goes to plan didnt.

I am actually a massive fan of this show, just purely on the characters and the smartness of each episode, but the way they have set it up for series 2 i cant see it bein as bad-ass as the first series, purely because all characters are going to be on the run, but roll on the new series and lets see what it has in store for us

PMBR
May 17th, 2006, 9:00 AM
Use spoiler tags. I don't think Europe or Austrailia have had it air yet.

Craven
May 17th, 2006, 9:49 AM
I better edit my post then if that's the case.

Aussie_Outlaw
May 17th, 2006, 10:11 AM
Australia won't see it air until about July.

Still I wanted a finale, it felt like a mid-season finale with the 2nd season going on and on. But still I'm glad they're running around as it opens up the possibilities and especially with the split.

Still I'm trying to remember if Tweener knows where the money is located. Cos if he does, woooo it's gonna be on. And I have no idea how they'll get over the finale besides if the father turns up to help them.

PMBR
May 17th, 2006, 10:25 AM
Yes Tweener knows where the money is. He was there when Westmorland gave up the information.

That is the problem with Prison Break. It was originally meant to be a miniseries to last through Fox's summer, but it was so popular that they decided to run it as a full series. Because of that, they had to find a way to stretch out the story that was already intact. I think picking the show up for a second season was an absolutely ignorant move because the most shocking moments the series could possibly take are long gone.

Prison Break hasn't been the same since it came back from it's initial break other than the episode where Michael intentionally got himself sent to psych ward.

Aussie_Outlaw
May 17th, 2006, 11:01 AM
Is it set to return for the fall schedule?

PMBR
May 17th, 2006, 11:05 AM
Sure is.

RabidWookie
May 18th, 2006, 8:23 AM
hahaha, just watched the last episode. Haywire is fucking awesome.

Chris Scott
May 18th, 2006, 12:09 PM
Just watched "Brothers Keeper" from last week and "J-Cat" from Monday here in the UK.

Thought Brothers Keeper was a good episode but J-cAT was even better, still loving this show. 5 left for us now :hyper:

Chris Scott
June 5th, 2006, 9:32 AM
Last two on tonight back to back, looking forward to it. Lets have it Prison Break.

Brock Landers
June 5th, 2006, 6:40 PM
Bloody hell!, that was quality:yes: . Haywire is fucking brilliant too :lol: . Will elaborate more later.

Chris Scott
June 5th, 2006, 6:42 PM
Indeed it was, Haywire on the fricken bike hahahaha. Thought htye would have made the plane :eek:

Roll on Season 2

PMBR
June 6th, 2006, 3:38 PM
Wow, I am glad that somebody enjoyed that season finale. I was absolutely dissapointed. They threw away the biggest episode they possibly could have had just so that they could have a semi-decent second season.

My thoughts are that if Prison Break was kept as the miniseries that it initially was supposed to be, it would have been one of the greatest dramas of all time. Now that they have tried to string it out and I honestly can't see how they can ever regain the incredible on-the-edge-of-their-seats fanbase that they had before they took their initial break.

I'm not even that interested in the second season

Chris Scott
June 6th, 2006, 4:25 PM
I see were your coming from, but I loved the last episode for some reason.

N.E.R.F.
June 7th, 2006, 3:48 AM
Come on, it's hardly thrown away.

They ESCAPED, Nick is dead, The PRESIDENT is dead, Vanilla Ice is shacked up with a horse on the way to St Louis, T-Bag got his fucking hand chopped off, Haywire is up to god knows what, fatty mexican is still in prison, Charles is dead and Dr Sarah is dead :cry:

Oh, and they're still on the run.

I'd have absolutely loved it if that was the final final episode but a second series is blatantly going to be superlative. Cannot wait.

Craven
June 7th, 2006, 11:02 AM
Dr Sarah won't be dead.

N.E.R.F.
June 7th, 2006, 2:51 PM
She looked pretty dead to me. That'll annoy me as a storyline if she survives but really I'll be happy for obvious reasons.

Chris Scott
June 7th, 2006, 4:22 PM
Yeah I mean I like Sara and all that, but it makeds sense for her to be dead. Not much left for her to do. I mean we learned she was a junkie, liked Michael, helped the convicts escape and then went back to her old ways.

T.I (uh oh)
July 13th, 2006, 7:30 AM
The cops said Sarah was "DOA". She's dead.

Bring on season 2. WOOOT!

Chris Scott
July 13th, 2006, 9:07 AM
Oh well, Sarah was cool though.

N.E.R.F.
July 14th, 2006, 3:34 PM
Actually they said "possible DOA."

Wouldn't be surprised to see her back.

Rafael122
July 14th, 2006, 5:23 PM
Rumor has it Sara didn't die.

Chris Scott
July 15th, 2006, 4:53 PM
Showing Prison Break again on UK TV, superb stuff.

Also the DVD on region 2 is £44.99 and comes out in September, region 1 is £29.99 and coems out next month.

I always get my box sets on region 1 anyway but almost £45 is shocking.

Rafael122
July 15th, 2006, 6:01 PM
In the US, Prison Break Season 1 will be $40 and will come out August 8.

Season 2 begins August 21.

Chris Scott
July 15th, 2006, 6:20 PM
August 21 :hyper: sooner than I thought.

It's Play.com that has the region one dvd for £29.99, which works out $55.49.

Aussie_Outlaw
August 17th, 2006, 11:33 AM
3 days away so I figured a bump would be in order. woo!

Just so no-one forgets ;)

CrucifiedRaven
August 17th, 2006, 12:22 PM
The lame ending to the season finale has really sucked any interest I had for the second season out of me.

So, they're totally fucked. On foot running from hundreds of cops, helicopters, etc.. The police have found them, they saw them, they know where they are and where theyre going... Yet somehow they escape? And the man-hunt is on? :rolleyes:

PMBR
August 17th, 2006, 2:20 PM
I'll give the second season a try, but they have already killed the plot by making this all about the government.

Chris Scott
August 17th, 2006, 2:48 PM
Season 2 should be good enough hopefully. Me personally I'm looking forward to it.

CrucifiedRaven
August 17th, 2006, 3:36 PM
They're trying to milk a second season out of what was originally just supposed to be a mini-series. Yes, I know how popular it got, and they will milk it for all it's worth, but they did already kill the plot by adding in enough fluff with the government etc to fill up season 1. There is only so much they can do in season 2 to keep this show fresh without straying from the original concept.

So it will be interesting to see how it works, however I predict a far less spectacular second season.

Rafael122
August 17th, 2006, 3:45 PM
I give it 2 more seasons before it packs it up. They really stretched this out because it got so popular I agree but its gonna get old fast.

Chris Scott
August 17th, 2006, 4:25 PM
We all know it's never going to be good as the first. Also I don't think it will get old fast. They can do lots more stuff to fill out this season.

Maybe it has to stray from the original concept to keep it going who knows, though I think this will be the last series unless like I said they come up with something new and throw us all off guard.

Mikey_Jones
August 17th, 2006, 4:37 PM
Any idea what time or channel Prison Break will be on in UK?

Chris Scott
August 17th, 2006, 4:43 PM
When I watched the last episode of season 1, I'm sure the man at the end said season 2 will be on in June 2007.

PMBR
August 21st, 2006, 9:14 PM
I had such minimal expectations for the season premiere considering how much last seasons finale let me down, but oh my god was I wrong. Great writing, shocking twist and a new villian.

I can not believe that they killed Veronica. I can not believe that Dr. Tancretti is alive.

The preview for next weeks episode looks great too.

Rafael122
August 21st, 2006, 10:58 PM
The new FBI agent is awesome. They needed someone who can counter Michael's smarts.

Peter Pan
August 22nd, 2006, 3:53 AM
I had such minimal expectations for the season premiere considering how much last seasons finale let me down, but oh my god was I wrong. Great writing, shocking twist and a new villian.

I can not believe that they killed Veronica. I can not believe that Dr. Tancretti is alive.

The preview for next weeks episode looks great too.

Concerning your spoiler... I can't believe they did that, either. I wasn't expecting it, and I couldn't even comprehend what was happening while it was happening. I was like, "No, they're not. No, they're not!" And they did. :(

Tempest
August 22nd, 2006, 10:26 AM
Damnit, i'm so angry at myself. I have only just watched season 1 (Watched it the last few days). I clicked in here and being half awake clicking on season 2 opener spoilers :(

Then I found out watching the 'last time on Prison Break' bit that the file i'd downloaded missed off the last episode of season 1, so I ruined that too

:lol: Not going so well...

William Fichtner is a brilliant addition to the show. I thought he was the best thing about Invasion and i've no doubt he could be the same for this. It's a good character he has in this, too.

Great season opener. Would have been better if I didn't know what was coming, but still. Whoa! I didn't think they'd kill off Veronica and even when i'd read they had I still felt shocked watching it. I thought it might be in some way that left a bit of doubt she was dead or something, but no :(

PMBR
August 22nd, 2006, 10:34 AM
It appears as if next week we get to see the cons break L.J. out of custody and have him go on the run with them as well. If they do, aside from Dr. Tancretti, we only have one group of good guys to watch. The rest of the good guys have been killed off.

I feel very bad for Sucre and C-Note as it appears that neither of them will be able to see their families again. It makes them perfect candidates to be dealt the death card in future episodes. Abruzzi is mob, so he can be hidden easily. Michael and Lincoln are the only family that one another have aside from L.J. and he will be on the run with them next week.

Great season opener, can't wait for next Monday.

The Truth
August 22nd, 2006, 6:02 PM
Any torrents? :happysad:

Enzyme
August 22nd, 2006, 6:58 PM
Of course there is.

http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?info_hash=fe8604332bb1c7d4a7b2557a22e c33c290783928

crane
August 23rd, 2006, 12:46 AM
Season premier was pretty good. I was dissapointed that they skipped forward to the morning and didn't show them running from the guards except for the train part. I'm not sure if I like how they have so much going on with the new detctive guy, the prison guards, the doctor, Michael and his group of convicts, tweener, t-bag, pysch, and the government stuff. This probably means shorter scenes and people being left off episodes.

Aussie_Outlaw
August 23rd, 2006, 9:34 AM
More Tweener and Haywire!!! I want to know what they're upto.

PMBR
August 23rd, 2006, 3:37 PM
The preview for next week showed Tweener heading to get Westmorland's money that he hid. No mention of Haywire at all, but your wish is 50% granted

Chris Scott
August 23rd, 2006, 5:37 PM
Just got done downloading, but i'm to tired to watch it :ashamed:

Aussie_Outlaw
August 29th, 2006, 12:59 PM
The series is picking up. I love these kinds of serials. Much more than the break from prison bit.

We now have a bunch of different groups going for the treasure and that FBI agent chasing them. Greatness.

PMBR
August 29th, 2006, 1:28 PM
We had a power outage last night. I didn't get to watch this at all. Is there any way that somebody could put this on MegaUpload or something?

Aussie_Outlaw
August 29th, 2006, 1:31 PM
Surely you could find it on the torrents easily enough?

PMBR
August 29th, 2006, 1:45 PM
OK, don't tell anybody about this because it is somewhat embarassing, but I am a torrent virgin.

PMBR
September 5th, 2006, 2:42 AM
Thought that tonight was decently clever. Enjoyed the use of the tattoos. Didn't enjoy the lack of T-Bag, Abruzzi, Haywire and Tweener. Didn't enjoy the fact that no surveillance of C-Note's daughter was taking place. Didn't enjoy that the FBI agent is already caught up mentally with Michael and Linc. It is almost as if he is too intelligent for it to be entertaining. Michael is supposed to be just barely superior.

Aussie_Outlaw
September 5th, 2006, 2:57 PM
Yeah I was wondering that. Wouldn't you have security or at least a spy on his daughter.

At least the FBI Agent now has some kind of old haunting file which seems to be shaking him.

If anyone is going to get caught, I hope it's TBag.

RKO Evolution
September 8th, 2006, 12:32 AM
Just for future reference, if you miss an episode, Fox shows full streaming replays of Prison Break on their website. PaintMeRed I saw your post but that was the episode two weeks ago. So if you miss anymore, here ya go.

Peter Pan
September 11th, 2006, 11:07 PM
They killed Abruzzi. Wow. I wonder if more of the escapees will end up meeting their maker as the season continues. It seemed like they may be foreshadowing to that with the way the FBI guy marked a red "x" on Abruzzi's mugshot, and the other escapee's mugshots are in line with it.

I can see them killing off T-Bag later, but the rest are good bad guys.

crane
September 12th, 2006, 3:48 PM
I'm surprissed Abruzzi is the first down. I thought C-Note would have been caught first when he went to meet up with his family. I still think that will happen though, whenever they next show C-Note. I was kinda hoping for Abruzzi, Michael, Linc, and T-Bag to be the last 4.

Rafael122
September 12th, 2006, 9:25 PM
It looks like each episode is going to focus on Burrows/Scofield and then a secondary character. It makes a lot of sense. Sucks that Abruzzi died but to be honest, he didn't have a good storyline to begin with.

Aussie_Outlaw
September 13th, 2006, 9:41 AM
Can't see how TBag will go anytime soon since they're laying plot down for his future. He has well past a week to live.

STUPID TV TRICKED ME INTO THINKING TWEENER WAS GONE! I HATE YOU TV!

PMBR
September 13th, 2006, 1:01 PM
It looks like each episode is going to focus on Burrows/Scofield and then a secondary character. It makes a lot of sense. Sucks that Abruzzi died but to be honest, he didn't have a good storyline to begin with.
Are you joking? How does a mobster in prison whose primary goal is to get revenge on the man who sent him there and could send more members of his family to prison make a bad story? He wants Fibonazzi dead at any costs, and he proved that to his grave.

Rafael122
September 13th, 2006, 3:44 PM
There's only been maybe 1 episode, or even half an episode dedicated to Fibonacci and that was last season. Since then, you hear him by name. That's it. You can tell it wasn't going to be one of the main storylines. I mean the chick who's driving with Tweener is getting more tv time.

PMBR
September 13th, 2006, 5:00 PM
There's only been maybe 1 episode, or even half an episode dedicated to Fibonacci and that was last season. Since then, you hear him by name. That's it. You can tell it wasn't going to be one of the main storylines. I mean the chick who's driving with Tweener is getting more tv time.
That logic makes no sense. There has only been one episode that had a lot of focus on Mari-Cruz. Does that mean that Sucre's story will be written off and unimportant?

Rafael122
September 13th, 2006, 9:29 PM
Sucre's storyline has been building up, the Fibonacci one hasn't.

PMBR
September 14th, 2006, 2:52 PM
Personally I disagree. I feel that both stories were equally built, but because Abruzzi was a villian, we somewhat disregard his plight as being less important that that of the lovestruck Sucre.

The Truth
September 14th, 2006, 3:02 PM
I thought the Abruzzi storyline was superb. :\

Chris Scott
September 15th, 2006, 7:01 AM
I have put the first 3 Episodes on my PSP to watch on the plain later on, finally get this second season started for me.

PMBR
September 19th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Last night was absolutely immense. I am now fully enthralled in this season. After they ruined the last half of last season, I didn't think that I could get wrapped back into this again. Thank God that I was wrong.

I didn't care for the FBI agents drug dependency, but oh well, everybody needs something to make their character more 3-dimensional.

Clutch
September 19th, 2006, 12:46 PM
Taped it and watched it late last night and was pretty psyched for it. Absolutely love the character development and depiction of that one-handed guy. Immense character. Tweener is a funny little guy to watch, as well. Little disappointed that he showed remorse after taking the girls car, was hoping he'd just be hardcore about it, seeing as he is a thief/con-man.

That FBI agent who has befriended Sarah and is posing as a homosexual is also a pretty immense character. Smooth operator. Really enjoyed the hispanic guy and his plight to get his girl & daughter back from the clutches of his evil cousin prior to the BIG WEDDING in Vegas. He's a great character that delivers real sentimental value to the viewer, as you honestly root for the guy.

The investigator guy is cool too, as he's proven to be an equal match to Michael's genuis. It'll be interesting to see who his pusher is, as it seems there was an emotional bond between the 2.

Wonder what the 4 wankers are gonna do now, since their 5M is buried under a freakin' subdivision :lol: Are they going to go door-to-door or something?

Anyway, really enjoy this show and it just keeps getting better :yes:

Aussie_Outlaw
September 19th, 2006, 12:52 PM
The back half of series one was rather odd but that's fairly obvious why considering they realised they needed to lay foundation for season 2 & 3 and such. But now since the major plotlines are all down and understood we can now forget about them to a major degree (president thingy, burrows innocence etc) and we can follow this current developments with the chase for the money.

It's really well written this season and hopefully now that everything is all figured out we can go from plot to plot smoothly and beautifully following all the twists and turns along the way. :)

It's what makes a good serial, a immediate thing to do while we're not actually tackling the big issue since we're unable to. We'll get there in time, but still we'll love the journey.

I didn't care for the FBI agents drug dependency, but oh well, everybody needs something to make their character more 3-dimensional.

Is it just me or does anyone else think Mikey will use this to his aid later in this season? It could come in handy.

And T-Bag is a great villian in a series which doesn't really have one.

Craven
September 20th, 2006, 3:36 AM
Yep, agree with all that you've said about the last episode. It was super.

Whilst I still think the actor who plays both Lincoln and Michael can't act that well, they're the main focus, so I'll have to put up with them.

Will Fitchner (sp?) is awesome though, as is the story involving Sucre. Real underdog feel about. It's still daft that they've managed to have been living on the run for so long, but it's damn entertaining.

PMBR
September 20th, 2006, 2:24 PM
Whilst I still think the actor who plays both Lincoln and Michael can't act that well, they're the main focus, so I'll have to put up with them.

Is that why Wentworth Miller was nominated for an Golden Globe this year?

Tempest
September 20th, 2006, 6:46 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else think Mikey will use this to his aid later in this season? It could come in handy.

Aye, clearly. It will make for interesting TV as he picks up on it and the guy becomes more desperate.

He was a brilliant addition to the cast. Like I said when I first saw him, really. He WAS Invasion and is fast becoming the highlight of this too...

I miss John already. He was my favourite last year and I really wanted a strong showdown between him and Michael later on in this season.

Craven
September 21st, 2006, 6:47 AM
Is that why Wentworth Miller was nominated for an Golden Globe this year?

Personal opinion mate. I think both of them have less then a dozen facial expressions between them.

And on the whole, most award ceremonies are a waste of time anyway and only reflect how popular a show is, not the acting ability of a person.

Dream-Evil
September 22nd, 2006, 5:56 AM
I miss John already. He was my favourite last year and I really wanted a strong showdown between him and Michael later on in this season.

Too true. I was thinking maybe somehow Abruzzi would get a hold of LJ, and use him to get Michael to tell him where Fibbonachi was. Won't be happening obviously..

Fichtner is absolutely awesome, as is they guy who plays Kellerman.

And going by the preview of next weeks episode, it looks to be immense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N6Dx3KE65g

^^ Preview for episode 6

TapOut
September 24th, 2006, 9:52 PM
I'm way behind, because I wasn't particularly into Season 1, but would catch it once every now and then before Raw. I watched an episode a couple weeks ago and am now fully immersed into this show. I bought Season 1 on DVD just to get up to speed.

I must say that seeing Abruzzi getting off the bus and walking back into prison weeks after his throat was slit has to be one of the best and most shocking plot twists ever.

After watching all these episodes back to back, I wonder how I"m going to cope having to wait a full week between episodes :(

crane
September 25th, 2006, 9:34 PM
I'm dissapointed that Tweener's gone, I really liked his character, but I guess they didn't have anything left for him. But I'm also glad we finnally got to see Haywire, hopefully he sticks around for a while.

Aussie_Outlaw
September 27th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Haywire isn't really doing anything yet. He's comic relief atm, he needs some kind of angle.

And Tweener isn't gone, he's still alive and a smart enough pickpoket where he may get himself out before they put him back away.

Loved the digging scenes as they basically show it's the exact same as season 1. It's lauaghable how they're all together again but still, it's just awesome.

Oh and Sarah's Oragami swans have already been figured out.

Episode 201 - ara finds an origami swan inside her purse. Inside is a message "There's a plan to make all of this right" and a string of numbers. The numbers are 3221243324 for the first line, 4221312231 for the second, and 23133121 for the third.

Episode 205 - 736-339-8687, Using the first set of numbers from the original swan it tells us which letter on the number 7 on a phone keypad to use... = RENDEZVOUS

Episode 206 - 786-369-6468, Using the 2nd batch of numbers on the first swan... number 7, letter 2... = SUNDOWNHOT

It's a message to meet him somewhere at noon. I'd say the 3rd swan says where.

Clutch
September 27th, 2006, 12:39 PM
So was that blonde woman at the house just biding time because she knew those guys were the escaped convicts? Keep them there til the cops arrive and she can pocket the reward cash ?

thoughts?

Aussie_Outlaw
September 27th, 2006, 12:52 PM
I really have no clue. She did seem fairly daft though and seem to really want to bed the Australian... (come on who wouldn't, Yes we're claiming him), so I'd just say she's just a stupid bored blonde.

Craven
September 27th, 2006, 4:04 PM
I wouldn't normally ask, but the torrents are being shit.

Could somebody upload this to megaupload, please?

Rafael122
October 2nd, 2006, 8:57 PM
This episode was FUCKING AWESOME.

crane
October 2nd, 2006, 9:04 PM
Best episode of the season I'd say.
Mahone killing Tweener was crazy. As soon as he pulled over you know what he was planning but I was really hoping Tweener would escape somehow. I really like the way they're building Mahone's character, he's becoming one of my favs next to T-Bag. Next week should be really good as well, season seems to be really picking up now.

Clutch
October 3rd, 2006, 8:44 AM
Taped it and watched it late last night and it was WORTH IT! Amazing episode! Was saddened by Tweener's death too, but it was pretty obvious this was his last episode after he resolved his situation with that girl (there was no more story left for him). When he was doing that, I was like, "Ahhh shit, Tweener's gonna die tonight :(". Killer scene with Tweener and that girl though, and all the cop cars arriving simultaneously to take him away.

But, on the other hand, REALLY KICKASS character development for Mahone, who is seemingly quite the psychopath himself. Mahone is fast becoming one of my favorite characters.

Cool twist to have that blonde cougar's daughter show up and actually being a police officer. WHAT IN TEH FUCK IS FERNANDO DOING AT THE END? Dam, they got the 5M, go on your separate ways!

Dam i love this show too much :yes:

Aussie_Outlaw
October 3rd, 2006, 9:44 AM
Next week should be really good as well

Due to the crazy US rating system by having sweeps weeks we don't get an episode until the 30th. :(

Tweener makes me sad now, especially since I was hoping he'd relay info to Mike.

And the fact the police was the daughter was just great. It gets you hanging all week and then it's a nothing bit. Bah.

And here's hoping Sarah is still alive in 4 weeks time.

crane
October 3rd, 2006, 11:37 AM
Due to the crazy US rating system by having sweeps weeks we don't get an episode until the 30th. :(

Anyone know if that's also for Canada? It probably is, I doubt they'd show it here but not in US. I've also read that the next episode is the last of the year. Anyone know if that's true?

PMBR
October 3rd, 2006, 11:42 AM
What the hell happened last night? Does anyone understand how Mahone's going to try and get away with killing Tweener? They know Tweener was in his posession. Based on the angle and areas that Tweener was shot, there is no way it could be a suicide. Why did they kill Tweener? *rips off shirt and weeps* WHY?

Fantastic episode all the way through. Had me on an emotional roller coaster from beginning to end. We got 2 deaths, Sarah about to get it, Sucre shocking us all and turning on the guys and now Lincoln has seperated. What is worse than having to wait 3 weeks for this to come back is that once it returns, we only get maybe 4 more episodes until Prison Break gets bumped for 24.

Aussie_Outlaw
October 3rd, 2006, 11:45 AM
There's at least 3 episodes, 23rd Oct, 30th Oct, 6th Nov. So There's a few more to go.

And they wouldn't air it in Canada without airing it first in the US (Stargate last January was a one off, somehow they got Atlantis 4 weeks before the USA). Then again it hasn't even started airing down here and won until March next year, thank god for the internet.

Rafael122
October 3rd, 2006, 12:37 PM
Actually PaintMeBlood - I think they are holding off the remaining episodes until January so they can have a 2 hour block of Prison Break and 24. IIRC, I think they did this last season as well, though I could be wrong.

Secondly, you could argue that Tweener's suicide was legit. His hands were cuffed, so he didnt have good aim.

PMBR
October 3rd, 2006, 12:43 PM
Actually PaintMeBlood - I think they are holding off the remaining episodes until January so they can have a 2 hour block of Prison Break and 24. IIRC, I think they did this last season as well, though I could be wrong.Last year Prison Break didn't come back on until April.

Secondly, you could argue that Tweener's suicide was legit. His hands were cuffed, so he didnt have good aim.
Not at all. With him being handcuffed, the places of his body in which he was shot make it even more obvious that it wasn't suicide. Considering that the bullets went straight in him, he would have had to put his arms in an impossible position to shoot himself in that way. If it was suicide, he also couldn't have fired the gun that many times.

Clutch
October 3rd, 2006, 12:44 PM
How would they explain him gaining possession of a gun? Anything can happen in TV-LAND

Aussie_Outlaw
October 3rd, 2006, 12:48 PM
They'll give us an explaination in 3 weeks time. Or at least try to. They've been quite clever with the stories so far.

PMBR
October 3rd, 2006, 1:01 PM
How would they explain him gaining possession of a gun? Anything can happen in TV-LANDNot in shows like this though. Ever since the explosion of shows like Law & Order and CSI, any show related to a crime scene has been based on the forensics surrounding a crime. Mahone killing him would have made much more sense if Tweener realized that he was about to be killed and tried to run away. It's easy to say that Mahone had to kill him because he was trying to escape.

They'll give us an explaination in 3 weeks time. Or at least try to. They've been quite clever with the stories so far.
I'm worried about what explanation they give us for this. I would just hate to see something improbable come out of it. This season has been absolutely great and I would hate for anything dumb to tarnish it now.

Aussie_Outlaw
October 3rd, 2006, 1:04 PM
If you actually read the little one line episode explainations on wiki it says that the FBI (not much of a spoiler but i'll tag it anyways launch an investigation into the death and such.

The actual lines on the wiki
Episode 8 - An Internal Affairs agent questions Agent Mahone's method of recapturing the fugitives and about Tweener's death.
Next ep.... bit further into it

Episode 9 - Disturbed by Tweener's death and Agent Mahone's apparent involvement with it, Michael visits Mahone's ex-wife for a background check on his hunter.

TapOut
October 4th, 2006, 12:39 AM
It fucking pissed me off when Tweener was killed. That's the mark of great character development. Lead us to believe he's a snitch, then he redeems himself, then BAM! Killed. I'd say the character development is the best thing about this show.

I'm glad they'll be investigating Tweener's death. Despite the show being far fetched and unbelievable, it never goes too far into absurd, which is how I'd feel if nothing came about from Tweener's death.

TapOut
October 26th, 2006, 4:44 PM
Is anyone pissed that Mahone is working for Kellerman? I sort of liked the idea of having another threat outside of the conspiracy.

This season is far less believable than the first (which really tells you how unbelievable it is), but man, it means nothing because the storytelling is so great. The character development is so good you get pissed when anyone gets killed. Even the damn governor. Just when it looks like he starts warming up to his daughter... bam.

Rafael122
October 27th, 2006, 10:13 PM
We need to get the hot russian back on the show.

PMBR
October 27th, 2006, 11:18 PM
I am definately enjoying this season. All of the characters really are well developed. I love the relationship between Michael and Sucre. I didn't like how simple it was for Lincoln to get LJ. They would have had him under total lock and key.

Aussie_Outlaw
October 28th, 2006, 2:35 AM
Is anyone pissed that Mahone is working for Kellerman? I sort of liked the idea of having another threat outside of the conspiracy.

Yeah I was hoping he'd uncover it all while looking for the others.

Hot Russian? There was no hot Russian on the show, just a "hot" Aussie with a bad Russian accent.

And they can't have LJ under complete lock and key since they couldn't let LJ know he was being watched. And they were hoping they'd be hidden enough that Link wouldn't know either (because police always underestimate criminals :p

Rafael122
October 30th, 2006, 10:47 PM
Wow...just wow. It's going to be sad to see the show go in November for the hiatus, but man...the writing is SUPERB. Just another great episode.

cypress-spawn
October 31st, 2006, 4:30 AM
Wow...just wow. It's going to be sad to see the show go in November for the hiatus, but man...the writing is SUPERB. Just another great episode.

Hey, I was wondering how you guys knew about the hiatus. And what is the reason for it? Thanks, I am new here by the way. :)

T-Bird
October 31st, 2006, 5:50 AM
So has Episode 9 been shown now? Is it available for torrenting yet?

Rafael122
October 31st, 2006, 9:23 AM
Hey, I was wondering how you guys knew about the hiatus. And what is the reason for it? Thanks, I am new here by the way. :)

I'm not really sure what the deal is. It's a 22 episode season, and it started what...in August so they'd end the season in like January, maybe thats why. Not really sure, but it makes sense to come back for May Sweeps.

cypress-spawn
October 31st, 2006, 10:35 PM
I'm not really sure what the deal is. It's a 22 episode season, and it started what...in August so they'd end the season in like January, maybe thats why. Not really sure, but it makes sense to come back for May Sweeps.

Hmm, correct me if I am wrong but the May Sweeps simply refers to ratings? Sorry, I do not live in the US therefore I am not familiar with the terms.

So has Episode 9 been shown now? Is it available for torrenting yet?

By the way, the torrents for episode nine is out.

Rafael122
November 1st, 2006, 12:26 AM
Hmm, correct me if I am wrong but the May Sweeps simply refers to ratings? Sorry, I do not live in the US therefore I am not familiar with the terms.

By the way, the torrents for episode nine is out.

Yeah, usually TV shows put on their best shows during November and May sweeps. I could be wrong, but FOX could be going for the 24/Prison Break block on Mondays for Spring 2007. The Fall Finale is November 27 which will be episode 13.

Also, some spoilers:

Bellick is sentenced to 25 years in Prison, and will be in Fox River. And it looks like Lincoln is saying goodbye to a loved one, which could mean that his son is getting the axe soon. Through the Fall Finale, from what I've read on Spoiler Fix, T-Bag, Sara, Michael, and Lincoln are all alive.

Aussie_Outlaw
November 1st, 2006, 12:28 PM

US TV has ratings calculated throughout the entire year. However for a few special months (like may) they additionally send out survey forms for people to fill out their viewing habits over that month. So tv shows try to set their best episodes for those periods.

During the non-sweeps weeks some shows are pulled from the air for a bit or reduced to repeats.

I live in Australia but I'm well aware of the US broadcast schedule for the tv shows i like. I'm of the opinion if you like something well enough you'll look it up so you know when the shows are out so you know when to download.

As for the show, it's always good to see Mahoney get a step ahead of Mike, it makes it a tad more suspenseful, especially with the next ep as we'll hit a big confrontation perhaps with both of them running to New Mex.

PMBR
November 1st, 2006, 2:08 PM
Yeah, usually TV shows put on their best shows during November and May sweeps. I could be wrong, but FOX could be going for the 24/Prison Break block on Mondays for Spring 2007. The Fall Finale is November 27 which will be episode 13.

Also, some spoilers:

Bellick is sentenced to 25 years in Prison, and will be in Fox River. And it looks like Lincoln is saying goodbye to a loved one, which could mean that his son is getting the axe soon. Through the Fall Finale, from what I've read on Spoiler Fix, T-Bag, Sara, Michael, and Lincoln are all alive. DAMMIT! Please tell us in advance what the spoilers are in regards to. I was under the impression that you spoiler tagged Monday night's episode and read something I REALLY didn't want to know in advance.

Rafael122
November 1st, 2006, 10:05 PM
My bad bro. That's just the tip of the iceberg, what I mentioned was nothing big. Its also on FOX's website.

Rafael122
November 14th, 2006, 9:40 PM
I guess we now know what the key is. It most likely contains information pertaining to the Burrows case.

And what's with Michael saying he's seen his dad before? He goes all nutso from what I saw on the previews.

And where's Haywire!?

cypress-spawn
November 17th, 2006, 12:48 PM
Haha, thanks for resurrecting this thread. I NEED someone whom I can discuss the show with since my country is only broadcasting the first season!

I think it is strange that if the The Company is going after Lincoln’s dad, why didn’t they take action when the dad was with Leon (the guy who betrayed them)? Why only wait till Lincoln was there?

The Truth
November 22nd, 2006, 7:16 PM
I'm loving this series so far.

How are Michael and Lincoln getting out of this one?!

TapOut
November 22nd, 2006, 9:41 PM
I'm loving this series so far.

How are Michael and Lincoln getting out of this one?!

Don't visit Fox.com

They spoil it each week by giving a small teaser in text and then showing a clip that turns the teaser into a spoiler.

My guess is that they end up partnering up with Mahone.

Rafael122
November 22nd, 2006, 10:16 PM
But what would be the point? What benefit do the 3 get from this?

cbxxxufc
November 25th, 2006, 7:14 PM
Does any body know when season 2 will air in the uk?

Rafael122
November 27th, 2006, 4:17 PM
I'm not really sure, but try this website: http://www.tv-links.co.uk/

It's basically a website that plays episodes of several tv shows, such as Prison Break (I think they've updated it to the most recent episode).

Chris Scott
November 27th, 2006, 5:24 PM
Does any body know when season 2 will air in the uk?

I'm sure when season 1 ended they said January 2007, like when season started in Janurary 2006.

Rafael122
November 27th, 2006, 9:58 PM
Holy shit...holy shit!

Spoilers from tonight's episode:

I thought Sara was going to kill herself, instead she cut her hair. Kellerman turning on Mahone was AWESOME!

PMBR
November 27th, 2006, 10:02 PM
Fucking awesome ending. Absolutely beautiful. I never thought that Kellerman would become a sympathetic character. Definately didnt see the ending coming.

Yet again we get no Franklin or Haywire.

Bad Obsession
November 28th, 2006, 1:03 PM
Man I was not expecting that ending at all. If anything I thought that:
Mahone would turn on Kellerman

Awesome ep all in all.

Aussie_Outlaw
November 29th, 2006, 1:09 AM
I was thinking after last week Kellerman may get pissy and try and help Sarah after the government screwed him, but after they started going toward him trying to get his job back it just seemed more and more like he was going to stay bad. But still I wanted him to turn.

And Mahone is dead? Considering he just took the bullet and fell and we barely saw him I guess they're leaving it open. But I'd say he's dead since otherwise he ruins Kellerman's plan.

Now we have to wait until Jan 29th for new eps :(

TapOut
November 29th, 2006, 1:12 AM
I was thinking after last week Kellerman may get pissy and try and help Sarah after the government screwed him, but after they started going toward him trying to get his job back it just seemed more and more like he was going to stay bad. But still I wanted him to turn.

And Mahone is dead? Considering he just took the bullet and fell and we barely saw him I guess they're leaving it open. But I'd say he's dead since otherwise he ruins Kellerman's plan.

Now we have to wait until Jan 29th for new eps :(

I thought from the trailer last week that when Mahone said "I just want my life back", he may team up with them to exploit The Company, but I got swerved. I'm glad though, makes things more interesting.

As far as if Mahone is dead or not... he may be, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him pop back up in a "WTF!" moment like Abruzzi did in Season 1. That was a pretty damn cool moment.

Aussie_Outlaw
November 29th, 2006, 1:14 AM
I generally don't see the trailers.

And we need more Haywire.

PMBR
November 29th, 2006, 1:31 AM
At least the wait between halves isn't so long this year. January is much closer than April.

Tempest
November 29th, 2006, 8:01 AM
I must say I saw the ending coming but it didn't take away from it's blinding awesomeness. One of the better episodes of the series :yes:

N.E.R.F.
January 24th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Just caught up to episode 14. Not half bad.

Matthew
January 24th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Someone spoiler what happened on Monday. You bastards. I was in Canada and I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED.

N.E.R.F.
January 24th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Franklin's wife is going DOWN. Long sentence looks likely, C-Note is all upset.

Kellerman, Michael and Lincoln took Steadman to a motel where they were going to tell the press everything, but then Steadman shot himself in the face. BLAM. No face = no Steadman, and the cops and media were banging down the hotel room door when the episode ended :panic:

Mahone's kid was involved in an 'accident' so he's back on the case. And T-Bag is holding the family he's been looking for hostage. I think that's pretty much everything.

This isn't really a spoiler, but have we actually seen the President in person in this series?

Rafael122
January 25th, 2007, 2:03 PM
The President in this Season was the Vice President (IIRC, it's the woman who Kellerman was working for last season), so technically, we've already seen her.

N.E.R.F.
February 7th, 2007, 2:12 PM
That wasn't my point. She hasn't been seen this season. It's a clever way of reinforcing the fact that Kellerman has been so cut off from her, and also how everything's out of her control.

Also, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :cry: Haywire :cry:

Rafael122
February 8th, 2007, 12:38 AM
That wasn't my point. She hasn't been seen this season. It's a clever way of reinforcing the fact that Kellerman has been so cut off from her, and also how everything's out of her control.

Also, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :cry: Haywire :cry:

Really makes you wonder if there will be a Season 3 with them killing off a lot of the characters. All that is left of the jail mates are C-Note, T-Bag, Burrows, Michael, and Sucre.

Aussie_Outlaw
February 8th, 2007, 12:44 AM
We only need the boys, Sucre will live and C-Note will live. T-Bag gives us our only badguy in the series, so I can't really see many more dying except Tbag at the end of season 2.

But they're bringing up other characters like Sarah, Bellick, Kellerman, Mahone as part of the main cast, so it's all good. With the current gang of four running around and we have our two police chasing it's all good.

I see us currently going through with these 4 strands for the rest of the next 2 seasons.

Haywire was just slap since they never really knew what to do with him... the only reason he escaped was they had to get him in the 2nd half of the first season to make a few more twists and turns.

Killswitch
February 8th, 2007, 12:47 AM
I really thought that the show would be a one season miniseries when it started it out. I mean, I couldn't see the concept going farther than the prison. Amazingly they managed to do exactly that and then some. However, I do think that things are coming to a head, and it'll just become repetetive if they continue this running around in every direction.

Sucre is about to find out if he's going to get to his woman

Michael/Linc are about to find out what the key reveals and maybe uncover this whole plot

Mahone already has heat on him and it's not long before he goes down permanently

C-Note is still up in the air but I assume his next mission is to find a way to get his wife out of jail, or to just take his daughter and get out of dodge.

T-Bag is inevitably going to bite the dust, I mean really, even in fantasy world they can't have him maintain control of the family in broad daylight for much longer.

If they can find a way to make a fresh 3rd season with new ideas and twists, hats off, because it'd be quite a feat.

Aussie_Outlaw
February 8th, 2007, 12:50 AM
Regarding the future of the series, executive producer Paul Scheuring says, "With success comes questions about season three, so now we’re framing the first two seasons as chapter one of the ‘trilogy’.

I'd say they're planning well ahead. Either they're going to resolve the murder angle by the end of season 2 and have another thing pop up but I'd say that basically says something MASSIVE will happen at the end of this season.

And they've done really well considering it was only supposed to be a 6 part miniseries which ended during the riot. Then again at the mid-season finale and now they're going ahead really well.

This is one of my two favourite shows on tv right now.

Rafael122
February 8th, 2007, 12:55 AM
Yep, it's an awesome show, and Season 2 has been a lot better than Season 1 (which was good in its own right).

Aussie_Outlaw
February 8th, 2007, 12:57 AM
Last half of season 1 laid a hell of alot of backstory which was a tad boring but necessary for the long term life of the show.

Killswitch
February 8th, 2007, 12:59 AM
I think season 1 and season 2 are different animals. Season 1 was insular, isolated, gritty and very dark. The second season was much more expansive, had a whole new slate of characters and a whole new plot- they're no longer just trying to get out of a prison, they're trying to uncover and evade a national conspiracy. Also, the other prisoners all have their own subplots that are no longer connected. It's a far cry from season 1 where they were all working to accomplish one goal and nothing else.

I prefer season 1, actually, because the focus was so concentrated that it brought out the beauty in the plot and the creativity that went into making that prison break work. Michael was the sole focus, his genius and plan making is what captivated the audience. You never knew what his next move was, even though he's planned it for years.

Now though it's much more random and chaotic. While that's certainly very good, it leaves the pieces more scattered and less emphasis on any one plot thins them out a little. Not to say season 2 hasn't been amazing, it has.

Aussie_Outlaw
February 8th, 2007, 1:02 AM
Half the fun is trying to figure out where Michael is going and which side Paul is on.

Killswitch
February 8th, 2007, 1:07 AM
I think Kellerman's finally made up his mind on where he's going. After the shit Kim tried to pull, I can't see how he can possibly trust that the President or the Company will take him back in.

They've done a marvelous job though of enhancing the value of this 'key'. They could have easily let the pay off come through by explaining it was 2 or 3 episodes after introducing it, but they just keep on making you wonder what it's for. Great plot direction.

Aussie_Outlaw
February 8th, 2007, 1:09 AM
I still have no fucking clue even with the key how they're going to take down the president as whatever they do they have the entire might of the government and secret service against them. They can almost discredit everything. The only way is to catch out the President live on television in my eyes. Unless the key unlocks some brilliant piece of information.

grimshaw
February 8th, 2007, 7:59 PM
I'll officially be worried if, in season three, they all go to college.

Another super episode:
"Brad Bellick. I'm with the bureau."

Chris Scott
February 14th, 2007, 5:22 PM
Watched the frist 5 episodes in the UK, good stuff it's still sucking me right this show. I like it better than the start of season 1.

I will proberly download were the Yanks are up to and watch those.

PMBR
February 20th, 2007, 6:04 PM
Can I assume that the rest of you have lost a bit of interest in the show?

I miss Michael using his tattoos to guide them. It was always intriguing.

Aussie_Outlaw
February 20th, 2007, 6:09 PM
It's hard for the tattoos to guide him when he's so far from his original plan. I believe he'll return to it someday when this bit has been resolved.

I still follow it closely. Tbag and Cnote's actions were :cry:

PMBR
February 20th, 2007, 6:11 PM
I have to agree. TBag and C-Note's stories are absolutely captivating. I'm curious as to what is on the tape, but we all know the general summary of what will be on it. Likely the president discussing her involvement and the coverup far too similarly to Day 5 of 24

Aussie_Outlaw
February 20th, 2007, 6:13 PM
They're doing well at finishing old stories (CNote) but starting new ones (Paul on the run, & Cnote now changing roles)

N.E.R.F.
February 20th, 2007, 6:18 PM
T-Bag is brilliant :( Bless him. Also love C-Note so will be difficult for me to see him as a 'bad guy.' Good old Sucre too.

Only poor old Kellerman stopped this being a real feel-good ep.

PMBR
February 20th, 2007, 6:26 PM
Kellerman used the Nuremberg defense. I won't ever feel bad for someone saying that they were killing people only because they were following orders. However, when he shot Mahone, I truly accepted him as a sympathetic character. I actually thought that after the choking, Sarah would have gotten over her hangups with Kellerman based on the good of everyone, especially after seeing how useful he is.

Sucre finally got his woman. I was happy for him, but not as much as I thought I would be after so long. We didn't see enough of either character for us to truly desire them being together.

Did I miss what happened to LJ?

Aussie_Outlaw
February 20th, 2007, 6:27 PM
No, he was moved after the start of this season and a few weeks ago they pulled his name from the regular cast list.

PMBR
February 20th, 2007, 6:33 PM
So they didn't even bother to write a story explaining his absence despite Lincoln being so adamant about going back to get him?

Aussie_Outlaw
February 20th, 2007, 11:02 PM
Naw, I think they basically showed that it'd be too difficult. However they may do something later to retcon the storyline since it is fairly open and unexplained.

Rafael122
March 5th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Well, they've basically confirmed there will be a Season 3. The previews said something to the effect of "the last 3 episodes of the season."

So, there's a Season 3 I guess, they just need to confirm it. My question is...the show is called Prison Break, unless they rename the show, it looks like (IMO) someone will end up in jail.

Also, is it just me or is Sara getting fat? She had monstrous boobies tonight.

Craven
March 6th, 2007, 10:04 PM
Well, they've basically confirmed there will be a Season 3. The previews said something to the effect of "the last 3 episodes of the season."

So, there's a Season 3 I guess, they just need to confirm it. My question is...the show is called Prison Break, unless they rename the show, it looks like (IMO) someone will end up in jail.

Also, is it just me or is Sara getting fat? She had monstrous boobies tonight.

I think the actress is preggers in real life, so that might explain the boobies thing.

Bad Obsession
March 7th, 2007, 7:04 AM
I don't think they need to change the name of the show. Sure, it's not based in the prison anymore, but they are still fugitives. I think changing the name of the show on the third season would be more stupid than just keeping it how it is.

Season 3 should be the last season too. I was thinking they'd wrap it up this season, but it seems not. I know this show is probably the best on TV right now, but if they try to drag it out too long I think it could go sour. One more season should do it.

Fantastic episode this week too. The confrontation between the President and Michael was very intense. Also, I was not expecting their to be hints of incest in the recording between the President and Terrance. :wtf:

The Truth
March 11th, 2007, 8:47 PM
Also, I was not expecting their to be hints of incest in the recording between the President and Terrance. :wtf:

Well, that was the whole point. The threat was "If you don't pardon us, we'll prove you fucked your bro." At least that's what I got from it, anyway.

Aussie_Outlaw
March 11th, 2007, 9:07 PM
I don't think they need to change the name of the show. Sure, it's not based in the prison anymore, but they are still fugitives. I think changing the name of the show on the third season would be more stupid than just keeping it how it is.

You do realise they've planned a rough arc for 6 seasons?

The Truth
March 11th, 2007, 9:12 PM
Six seasons? Wow, that's a bit much. Where'd you hear that?

I'm loving it at the moment, but I can't see how they could drag it out that long.

Aussie_Outlaw
March 11th, 2007, 9:22 PM
IFmagazine (http://ifmagazine.com/feature.asp?article=1628)

Their ultimate escape sounds pretty final but that is far from the truth, especially after a breakthrough season one. “The idea was always that it was going to be a 44-episode narrative and the halfway point was going to be the escape, which was the end of season one,” Scheuring says. “With success comes questions about season three, so now we’re framing the first two seasons as chapter one of the ‘trilogy’”

I'd say that means 6 seasons. But I'd say Three will be some kind of fresh start in some way, maybe restarting with Cnote or something.

Bad Obsession
March 12th, 2007, 9:48 AM
Well, that was the whole point. The threat was "If you don't pardon us, we'll prove you fucked your bro." At least that's what I got from it, anyway.
Yeah, I understand that, I just didn't expect the 'big thing' they had to be that.

And that 6 seasons plan sounds interesting. I can't help but be worried this will go the same was as Lost, though, and just drag out too much.

dunno
March 12th, 2007, 12:19 PM
I think six seasons is a bit too long for this show, especially since they seem to have been killing people off.

I think that it can be wrapped up nicely with one more season.

Rafael122
March 12th, 2007, 3:09 PM
Yeah, I understand that, I just didn't expect the 'big thing' they had to be that.

And that 6 seasons plan sounds interesting. I can't help but be worried this will go the same was as Lost, though, and just drag out too much.

You could always introduce more characters though. Some will be phased out while new ones will be introduced. Like Kim's boss, the one who doesn't talk and writes on paper? What's that all about? There's bound to be something there.

6 seasons is pushing it though.

Deathdefying Maniac
March 12th, 2007, 5:56 PM
To me 4 seasons is pushing it. They have the story all set up for season 3. I don't want it to end though, it's one of the best shows on T.V.:(

PMBR
March 12th, 2007, 7:17 PM
Personally I think that they could potentially end the story with this season. I'm realizing that I ultimately just want the story to end at this point. We've changed president's twice over the course of a year, a lot of the main and intriguing characters have died including Tweener, Haywire, Abruzzi, Robin Tunney's character, the lawyer and Danny. The main villian who I wanted to see get his in the end has become a good guy that is helping out the brothers. Mahone is becoming a good guy. Kim has already shown that he is nowhere near being a powerful threat, and the most powerful opponent to the brothers just stepped down from her position of power. The only person the brothers are supposed to fear now is the quiet guy that writes on paper who isn't nearly as intriguing as they wish he was.

grimshaw
March 13th, 2007, 2:02 AM
The main villian who I wanted to see get his in the end has become a good guy that is helping out the brothers. Mahone is becoming a good guy. Kim has already shown that he is nowhere near being a powerful threat,

That's what's kept the show going, the changes in dynamic and the twists which remain plausible. If it was still Kellerman and Mahone chasing the brothers, it'd be boring, but they've given both characters depth.

I must admit I was surprised at last week's ending; I expected Kellerman to kill the president as she was making the announcement. Kim not powerful? Oh no, he's got no power. He only forced the president to resign/risk the tape being released.

and the most powerful opponent to the brothers just stepped down from her position of power.

She was also their only chance of absolution. She wasn't only their most powerful opponent, but their best potential ally. You can bet the new president won't be manipulated.

I think a third series is the way to go, and no more - at least for the brothers. Lincoln got annoying after about 2 episodes and I don't think I can take much more of his tough guy act.

6 series? That's a lot, innit? They'd need to be recaptured and have to escape again to make that happen, I'd say, and another escape? I dunno. It would have to radically shift focus (onto someone else) to work. The Wire did it fine, so...

PMBR
March 13th, 2007, 3:14 AM
Another escape wouldn't make sense. They have already escaped twice (Season 1 finale and Winter Half Season 2 Finale) and the dynamic that made the escape so exciting was the planning that Michael put into things and his way of using his tattoos as a blueprint for the escape.

Bad Obsession
April 3rd, 2007, 11:31 AM
Awesome season finale.

I'm still not entirely sure what all this Sona business is about - but they have me hooked. If this leads to a good place then my doubts about them going to a third season will be gone. At the moment I think they can do it.
Having Michael, Mahone and Bellick in the same prison is a very interesting scenario.

I just hope this doesn't turn into some X-Files thing where the government are wanting to do an experiment on them or something. It all looked very sciencey at the air base towards the end.

Kellerman and Kim getting killed means there's going to have to be a few new bad guys for the next season though. I think it's safe to say that Kellerman's death is quite a big loss for the show, since he's been the most interesting character this season - if not last season too. Still, he went out in a blaze of glory and it was the right thing to do.

Not sure where this leaves Linc and Sarah. They don't seem to have a role going into the third season. I guess they're just going to try and help Michael in whicever way they can.

Tempest
April 3rd, 2007, 12:06 PM
Is it a possibility though that Kellerman isn't dead? Or they've left it open to write him back in if they so choose? Just the way it was done made me think they could've shot the guard and not him. *Shrug* That's what often happens in shows like this, I guess.

Wasn't sure what to make of the sciencey seeming end. I agree it made it seem like they were conducting experiments do to with them, but I don't know.

I like that Michael is back in prison though. This season was fantastic, but I did really miss the cooped up vibe of the first.

T-Bird
April 3rd, 2007, 12:08 PM
Can anybody tell me the episode after where they get caught again 'cause that was the last one I saw!!!

Bad Obsession
April 3rd, 2007, 12:16 PM
Season 2, episode 12 is where they get recaptured at the end. (According to Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Prison_Break_episodes#Season_2))

Is it a possibility though that Kellerman isn't dead? Or they've left it open to write him back in if they so choose? Just the way it was done made me think they could've shot the guard and not him. *Shrug* That's what often happens in shows like this, I guess.

Wasn't sure what to make of the sciencey seeming end. I agree it made it seem like they were conducting experiments do to with them, but I don't know.

I like that Michael is back in prison though. This season was fantastic, but I did really miss the cooped up vibe of the first.

I suppose Kellerman could be alive. Seemed like after spilling everything he had no reason to be kept alive, though. You'd think The Company would just want him dead. The camera not showing it just make it likely that there will be a twist there, though, I agree.

I also agree it'll be nice to have Michael back in prison, if only for a short time. I don't expect it to last long, however, because of this quote from the creators:

Series creator Paul Scheuring has commented that Season 3 will consist of most of the original cast with new additions and that the overall theme will be "redemption".[7] The plot will continue from the second season finale, where most of the main characters have ended up in Panama. Although the conspiracy storyline has not finished, the third season's plot will be "as different in tone as Season 2 was from Season 1".[13]

Tempest
April 3rd, 2007, 12:21 PM
Well I was thinking that perhaps it could have something to do with Scofields fathers group? I'm going on the hint of a twist and that they had their faces covered

N' yeah, I don't think he'll be in for long either, especially with the comment by the general that they were banking on it.

It's weird though with Theodore. He's an absolute monster but his character has been so important and fantastic that part of me wants him to escape. Or at least get a brilliant death in the finale.

grimshaw
April 3rd, 2007, 10:32 PM
My impression (and bear in mind that the ending was supposed to be ambiguous, so it's probably off) is that the ending was a reveal of the company's motive all along: to study Michael.

Yep, it's a big conspiracy to see how Michael behaves, and they want to watch him try to break out of prison again. I'm not sure I like it that much.

I think Kellerman's probably dead (Rest in Peace dude), and you can probably bet on T-Bag ending up in that same prison - so we'll have Mahone, Bellick, Mike and T-Bag in the one prison.

Sucre's dying, his woman is still locked up somewhere, so he's got plenty to do.

Looks like C-note is done, having got his happy ending (but they can always get a hold of a new plot).

Sarah and Lincoln will return to help Mikey out in his escape plan (perhaps Linc will get himself locked up in a role reversal), and there's this whole business with Mahone's wife to deal with, too.

All in all, plenty of loose ends for the next series, but a good finale, with an end to the Lincoln's-been-framed storyline and the departure of one of TV's great villains (in the last while).

Aussie_Outlaw
April 3rd, 2007, 10:41 PM
The big study bit ending just reeks of crapness to me.

CrucifiedRaven
April 3rd, 2007, 11:07 PM
Lincoln will cover himself in tattoos and get himself arrested in Panama to save Michael.

That would just be funny.

Not a big fan of the ending. The episiode was great untill the cops show up after Kim dies. Why do they get out of the boat and run towards the cops? Why not, turn on the boat (which they go to getaway in, in the first place) and use it, or at the very least just explain their side of the story as they were all basically free of all charges at that point.

Michael, Mahone, Bellick, and T-bag (soon enough) all in SONA is a good way to set up the 3rd season, I just didn't really like how they got there

Aussie_Outlaw
April 3rd, 2007, 11:08 PM
You mean besides killing Kim.

CrucifiedRaven
April 3rd, 2007, 11:11 PM
Self defense, easily

grimshaw
April 4th, 2007, 10:27 AM
I thought it was a bit weird, too. However, there wsa always those dead henchmen, and I personally wouldn't be too sure of turning myself in.

I would've used my big ol' boat to get away.

Jaz
April 9th, 2007, 8:00 PM
Did anyone notice that as Michael walked through Sona, that it was Bellick who was lying on the floor all battered and bruised. I didn't think it was obvious, but l just checked again and its definitely Bellick. I think the guy standing over him will probably have a role in the next series.

Chris Scott
June 10th, 2007, 6:35 AM
Last episode tomorrow in the UK :hyper:

Chris Scott
September 16th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Season 3 cant wait, the trailer is superb.

Interesting to see how this season goes.

Bad Obsession
September 18th, 2007, 8:54 AM
Pretty good start to the season that. Wasn't sure where they'd go after the season finale but a few nice stories have been set up already. The end was fairly obvious I thought but it'll probably lead to something cool.
Since breaking out of prison is what made this show so awesome it'll be interesting to see how they go about it again and how many episodes will be dedicated to it. A week is all he has...can anyone remember how long he had to break out his brother in the first season? It should definitely occupy a lot of the season anyway, if not all of it. I don't want to see anyone on the run again to be honest.
I just hope this season doesn't go completely conspiracy nuts. Obviously there has to be some of that but I think I said when season 2 ended that it wasn't too far off going the same way that X-Files did - having too many ridiculous plot twists.

Mahone saving Michael was immense. Those two teaming up could be awesome. :hyper: