PDA

View Full Version : Spanish La Liga Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Tom Bombadil
August 26th, 2005, 8:52 AM
Okay i did a search and didn't find anything.

Anyway The La Liga is starting this week and With Barcelona Winning the super cup this weekend despite losing 2-1 at the Nou camp. Overall the aggregate score was 4-2.

Club by Club Guide. (nicked of Sky sports because i couldn't be asked to type it up myself)

Barcelona - No money spent this summer (two additions, Santi Ezquerro from Athletic Bilbao, a versatile forward, and Van Bommel from PSV, came on a free) suggests a strong football foundation. On the pitch, things have been done properly and, as director of football Txiqui Beguiristain says, players 'eat from Rijkaard's hand'. That is, the Dutch coach has everybody's respect - he has managed, with the minimum of fuss and orders, to create an excellent atmosphere at the club and wonderful football on the pitch. So, expect more of the same from Barcelona - Brazilian-influenced, wonderful to watch, weak at the back but, after learning from mistakes, maybe not so weak that they will throw away another Champions League. Raul admits they are one step above Real Madrid.

Real Madrid - The arrival of Robinho will have a huge impact… in the long term. The team has still got the same problems as last season - they lack a centre back as, again, they have to wait for Woodgate; they need a left-sided midfielder as Baptista (one of the big signings of the season - Real Madrid has spent 60m euros, only Chelsea has spent more) has never played in that position; and maybe even a goalscorer alternative from the bench. Owen will be missed. But Luxemburgo not only dislikes wingers and loves earpieces (he would like players to have them so they follow his instructions like robots), he also thinks football is a collection of moments, not the continuation of a strategy - and nobody in the world can, on paper, produce better moments than Zidane (I think he will retire after this season), Raul, Robinho, Roberto Carlos, Beckham, Baptista, etc. Figo will be missed too as he was one of the few players who got going when the going go tough.

Villarreal - Fact: Collina made a mistake and Everton deserved extra time in the Champions League qualifiers. But it was wonderful to see how a growing club like Villarreal dominated both games, kept the ball, passed around and created changes with that old fashioned philosophy. Now that Riquelme has been bought and that Forlan has stayed, Villarreal will fight for the third place again. Krompkamp and Tacchinardi add quality to one of the best squads around.

Betis - The squad is more or less the same with the addition of good hard workers in the midfield like Rivera (Levante) and Miguel Angel (Malaga). While the impression is that Villarreal had to constantly be at their best to get the points, Betis were the opposite side of the coin - it seemed they didn't go as far as they could with their football. Joaquin has stayed and now they are in the Champions League the winger will need to fulfil his potential and be more consistent or otherwise he will soon become a promise gone bad.

Espanyol - They had great hopes for this season and have spent more than ever, but failure to record a victory in pre-season has created a bit of tension. Brazilian midfielder Costa, winger Riera and midfielder Zabaleta are not better than some of the players that went, or said another way, will not add what Maxi and Dani put into the team - goals. They will still defend well but will need to come out with goals from Tamudo, who is not happy with the system used by Lotina. Watch out for Juanfran, the right winger signed on loan from Madrid. Ah, if only they had signed Saviola on loan… Barcelona were scared that a successful Saviola so close to the Camp Nou would create public unrest.

Sevilla - Coach Joaquin Caparros went to Depor as expected and former Malaga and Rayo boss Juande Ramos is in charge now. It is their centenary year and they will tell us about it a sickening number of times - they have been celebrating it for a couple of years at least! Baptista is gone but the team is as good with Saviola, on loan from Barcelona, and Luis Fabiano, a goalscorer similar to Betis' Oliveira, and Kanoute, whose physique will make an impact in Spain. They will fight to be top four with Villarreal, Atletico Madrid and Betis.

Valencia - The shock of loosing Rafa Benitez is still felt because the team, burnt out, has not been renovated. New coach, young Quique Sanchez Flores, made moves in the right direction but then he signed Patrick Kluivert and let Sissoko go and the policy started becoming a bit confused. So those who had to go stayed and those coming in don't seem able to change procedures. Edu was the exception but sadly he is injured for six months - he could have taken the team on his back and pushed them forward. The coach admits that the team is anxious and doesn't have a solution just yet. It will take him a long time to make an impact and by then it will be too late for the Champions League.

Deportivo - This is a new Deportivo. Luque has gone (I think the Owen situation was a signal to Depor who were becoming difficult in their negotiations over the striker) and a new striker will come. But although Caparros has got a team good enough to make the top 10, he cannot take this squad much further than Irureta even applying his physical football and aggressive attitude. A team that cannot use Valeron, as is happening at the moment, is one that feels good football can be spared. Depor, with only two modest new faces in midfielder De Guzman and striker Ruben, will have to realize what sort of team it is before it can surprise the top four.
Athletic

Coach Valverde is gone and Athletic continues its policy of using young players from lower sides, all Basques. This is going to be the year of young striker Fernando Llorente and he will need to reproduce the goals that Ezquerro scored. The rest is the usual - Etxebarria, Urzaiz, Orbaiz, Iraola. Del Horno had three substitutes when he left, but Casas will probably take his place in the line-up.

Malaga - Brazilian striker Baiano has gone to Celta, but all of a sudden Malaga seems like a team that can score goals with Salva, Morales (formerly of Osasuna) and Pablo Couñago who has finally left Ipswich. The problem is, without Miguel Angel their midfield is poorer. Antonio Tapia is a coach than can discover talent from young teams, as he did with Juan Rodriguez, so all that suggests they will not be in the relegation scramble. That is success in itself.

Atletico Madrid - For the first time in 10 years, in fact, since they won the double in 1997, they have never looked as exciting. They have the best central defensive pairing in the competition in Perea and Pablo, two of the best strikers in Torres and Kezman (finally they got a good partner for the Spanish star!) and very good midfielders, Maxi from Espanyol, Petrov and Galletti for instance. This could be their year and they could scare even the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona. Carlos Bianchi is an excellent coach who has won the Argentinean league with Boca and the Libertadores with Velez, but he failed at Roma in his other only European experience.

Zaragoza - Villa has gone to Valencia, so again it will all depend on Savio, on a more consistent Movilla organizing the team, and on the striker that will surely come before the end of the transfer window as Ewerton or Sergio Garcia cannot be relied upon to reach double figures.
Getafe

Bernd Schuster will have to deal with a team that impressed last season with the orderly football proposed by Quique Sanchez Flores. He made the squad believe in their potential and constructed an astute strategy. Schuster tends to have problems with his squads - that was his undoing at Levante - and half of the squad is new. So a return to the second division is possible.

Real Sociedad - Nihat is still for sale so it could be that he goes before the season ends, but in his absence the team managed to avoid relegation. Everybody had to put a bit more and to the surface came the quality of Oskitz, Larrea and Gabilondo. The new players (Garitano, Cifuentes, Juan Dominguez) will not improve the general standard of a team destined to be in mid-to-bottom table but should not struggle.

Osasuna - For a while they had the worst defence in Europe this year, so Javier Aguirre is going to change the system to concede fewer goals. Pablo Garcia has gone to Real Madrid but his work can be done by Sosa, the new signing from Atletico Madrid. Bernardo Romeo is a goalscorer who should partner the inconsistent Milosevic. The bottom five looms.

Racing - They will miss Benayoun and Regueiro, and will enjoy the good days of Stephan Dalmat but that won't be enough. They have been on the brink of relegation for too long and this could be the year where they actually go down. They goals from youngster Jonathan will be needed as Aganzo has not reached the level we expected.
Mallorca

With Hector Cuper you can expect a better Mallorca this season. Although they have lost striker Luis Garcia, scorer of a very important 11 goals last season, the team will benefit from the attention to detail displayed by its coach. They have a very defensive structure and will manage to survive. Okubo was excellent for them since his arrival in December and will be their star this year.

Cadiz - This will soon become everybody's second club. Partly owned by Michael Robinson, the team and the city have got a certain charm. The base is the same that took the side from the Second B division to the top flight and the new players will add experience (Berizzo, Acuña, Benjamin). Nobody expects them to survive but they could become this year's Getafe, helped by fans that are as funny and as vocal as the ones at Anfield.

Celta - They touched the sky (Champions League) but fell dramatically, getting relegated the same year. But Celta have learnt from the mistakes and have returned to a level that they managed to master to a point of feeling so confident they played some of the best football of the 90s. The squad has finally being recycled and Baiano, Javi Guerrero, Cannobio and Juan Sanchez have got enough quality up front to end up in the top 10.

Alaves - Their biggest personality is the president Dimitry Piterman. The coach is Piterman. The physical trainer is Piterman. Their best striker, Piterman. Well, if he could it would be like that. Although there is enough money to make a team that could avoid relegation, his negative influence on the side could affect them this year. It was OK to create a circus in the second division (doing the team talk, sitting on the bench when he can, forbidding players to talk to the press for months) but in the first division you also need consistency and calm. There has been a total of 13 new signings and former Chelsea player Quique de Lucas has returned to La Liga. Keep an eye on midfielder Wesley.

Anyway i expect a tighter season this season with Real Madrid investing heavily in players also the introduction of Mark Van Bommell Will prove to be an excellent signing.

Alaves v Barcelona
Saturday, Sky Sports 1, 6.30pm
Cádiz v Real Madrid
Sunday, Sky Sports Xtra, 7.30pm
Revista de la Liga
Monday, Sky Sports 1, 6.30pm

MTR
August 26th, 2005, 9:18 AM
Actually: http://forums.rajah.com/showthread.php?t=93622&highlight=spanish+league

But I just closed that thread because it more or less sucked anyway. So carry on.

Tom Bombadil
August 26th, 2005, 9:45 AM
Oh Okay i'm no good on searches...

turdpower
June 7th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Bloody good thread BOMBADIL.

MACE
June 7th, 2007, 12:03 PM
'MON THE MADRID.

Simon
June 9th, 2007, 4:06 PM
Anyone watching the games at the moment? Exciting stuff, Madrid 1-0 down to a Milito pen, but in the Barca game Messi has just equalised with the most cheatingest goal you ever did see...after his replica of the Maradona goal a few weeks back, he's now repeated the other one - blatant handball. Again, the similarities are incredible.

KRob
June 9th, 2007, 4:17 PM
Fuck's sake. Flicked away to the darts, come back and there's been a goal at each place.

Messi is taking this "new Maradona" stuff too far.

Flow (Ice Cold) 3000
June 9th, 2007, 4:18 PM
Spainish nice

I am part Spanish so keep a good eye on Spanish football generally. Guilleme was on SSN earlier, basically broke down all the transfer nonsense:

Villa - Will only go to Real or Chelsea, would cost €50-60m. Chelsea aren't gonna spend it now and Madrid won't have it if they manage to get Kaká or Robben.

Torres - Is learning English and love the EPL. Guillem thinks he will go but I disagree. He keeps saying he wants to win things with Atletico. Ballague reckons he would only cost around €30m which would make him much better value than Villa.

Eto'o - Laporta et al have decided one of the big names (Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Deco, Xavi etc.) will go this summer, apparently they have decided it will be Eto'o. Apparently he'd be happy at Arsenal if they let him get frequent private jets to Monaco.

Kaká - Madrid's number one target above Robben and Villa. Even Calderon has said it won't happen because he wants to stay at Milan and they wouldn't let him go anyway.

Forgot the rest.

Hala Madrid

KRob
June 9th, 2007, 4:22 PM
That was a class finish from Milito. Tikka boo.

Not sure whether I'd prefer Barca or Real to win to be honest. Unless it's Valencia I'm indifferent.

Ringo
June 9th, 2007, 4:49 PM
Ahahaha, and now Espanyol have equalised. Fucking immense.

Simon
June 9th, 2007, 4:58 PM
Mad night. Spanish football is the business. Last minute goals in both games turn it from Barcelona having it in the bag to Madrid having it in the bag. Before tonight I wanted Barca to win it, but considering Messi's first goal I almost want Madrid to bring it home now.

When did Milito get good? Every time I'd ever seen him before tonight he looked really clumsy and one-paced, but tonight he terrorised Madrid.

If Diarra had a bit of fucking composure he could have had a hat trick tonight, silly bastard.

Java
June 10th, 2007, 9:10 AM
Would have been great if Sevilla had won to create a 3 way tie for first place.

MACE
June 10th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Beckham to stay at Madrid?

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=471152&CPID=23&clid=186&lid=2&title=Real+to+make+Beckham+offer

Bad Collin
June 10th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Real chief wants Beckham to stay

Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon is said to be ready to try and convince LA Galaxy-bound David Beckham to change his mind and stay at the Bernabeu.

Beckham, 32, is due to join the MLS club when his Real contract expires at the end of June.

Calderon has hinted there is a clause in the England midfielder's contract which could allow them to keep him.

Calderon told Marca newspaper: "We need to sit down with him, his representatives and decide between us."

Could be very interesting....

Bad Collin
June 10th, 2007, 12:04 PM
You bastard MACE.

MACE
June 10th, 2007, 4:28 PM
:D

Bad Collin
June 10th, 2007, 6:46 PM
It's only because you posted a link like lazy fucktard whereas I presented the article in wonderful quote form.

Anyway, I have since read that he doesn't want to stay.

Cactus Lem
June 17th, 2007, 6:28 AM
Just wondering, not having Sky, does anyone know of any online streams that'll be showing the Real game this evening?

I was gonna try and convince a couple of mates to go to the Pub to watch it, but the Under 21's playing at the same time means they'll blatantly be on instead, so an online stream is about the only way I can think of to see the game.

Melv
June 17th, 2007, 1:47 PM
I really really want Real to lose it.

Lazurus
June 17th, 2007, 2:37 PM
Me too.

I hate Real.

Love the Barca though.

Got my Barca shirt on right now an my poor England shirt is waiting for me on the sofa.

Melv
June 17th, 2007, 2:38 PM
I've got my Mallorca shirt on.

Cactus Lem
June 17th, 2007, 2:43 PM
I could put my Real shirt on :chin:

Lazurus
June 17th, 2007, 2:47 PM
Woooo shirt thread.

My England shirt may not get used tonight by the looks of it. They could've played this fucking match earlier couldn't they?

Melv
June 17th, 2007, 2:54 PM
All 3 games will finish 0-0 or something crap after all this build-up.

Melv
June 17th, 2007, 2:58 PM
:hyper:

COME ON THE MALLORCA/GIMNASTIC/SEVILLA.

Melv
June 17th, 2007, 3:00 PM
OOOOOOH.

Melv
June 17th, 2007, 3:01 PM
Madrid are shite.

Melv
June 17th, 2007, 3:16 PM
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL. COME ON MALLORCA.

RFF Champ
June 17th, 2007, 3:18 PM
Well, well, well.

Shocker.

Hlebsfall
June 17th, 2007, 3:19 PM
MON THE LORCA

El Capitano Gatisto
June 17th, 2007, 3:20 PM
How can a team this shit be so close to winning the league?

Real will be saved by a dodgy penalty because the refs are on their team.

Hlebsfall
June 17th, 2007, 3:21 PM
Barcelona have just scored. Madrid are fucking shite. Jammiest team going.

Lazurus
June 17th, 2007, 3:26 PM
:panic:

Hlebsfall
June 17th, 2007, 3:32 PM
Now Nistelrooy is gone. Maybe Higuain will save them, haha.

Hobbit
June 17th, 2007, 3:33 PM
ahahaha come on the Barca. Defeat the evil football.

Hlebsfall
June 17th, 2007, 3:35 PM
That's what you want from your league winners. That Messi goal was class.

Hlebsfall
June 17th, 2007, 3:38 PM
And that freekick wasn't half bad either.

Melv
June 17th, 2007, 3:47 PM
Quality first half there. Madrid have to go all out attack in the second half. Hopefully Sevilla nick a win and send Madrid down to 3rd.

Beefy
June 17th, 2007, 3:52 PM
'Mon the Becks.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 17th, 2007, 3:53 PM
Yeah good effort by Beckham at the end of the half there. Probably didn't want to get his kit dirty, the fruit. In front of his gay mate Tom Cruise as well. Tom Cruise went from being the man to being possibly the biggest arsehole in the universe.

Melv
June 17th, 2007, 4:24 PM
I'm half happy Madrid scored there, I was just about to turn over to the Barca game because this one was getting shite. At least it's got a bit of something going now.

RFF Champ
June 17th, 2007, 4:29 PM
That was a ROUGH tackle by Reyes just then.

Melv
June 17th, 2007, 4:36 PM
oh fuck off.

FUCK OFF.

Hobbit
June 17th, 2007, 4:36 PM
Oh fuck off Real Madrid you fucking cunts.

Melv
June 17th, 2007, 4:37 PM
Fantastic strike from Reyes there.

Hobbit
Joke league.

MACE
YOU FUCKING BEAUTY!!!!!!!!!!!

:wiggle:

Beefy
June 17th, 2007, 4:38 PM
Yeah good effort by Beckham at the end of the half there. Probably didn't want to get his kit dirty, the fruit. In front of his gay mate Tom Cruise as well. Tom Cruise went from being the man to being possibly the biggest arsehole in the universe.

haha,

TAKE THAT YOU BARCA CUNTS.

'Mon the Madrid.

Melv
June 17th, 2007, 4:42 PM
Does that make me a Mallorca/Sevilla cunt?

MACE
June 17th, 2007, 4:43 PM
I'm so pleased for Becks. :heart:

Hlebsfall
June 17th, 2007, 4:43 PM
Beckham was fucking wank tonight. Much like he had been for about 90% of the season. Well at least Arsenal have finally defeated Barcelona. Reyes > Madrid.

Beefy
June 17th, 2007, 4:44 PM
Does that make me a Mallorca/Sevilla cunt?

It makes you a mental bastard, Melv.

Melv
June 17th, 2007, 4:48 PM
Well done Madrid, you utter fucking cuntfaces.

Melv
June 17th, 2007, 4:53 PM
Did I just see Raul Bravo there? He must be Madrid's version of David May.

Hlebsfall
June 17th, 2007, 4:57 PM
What is all this shit? You'd think they had just won a world war or something. Gymnasts spinning aound in blow up balls, fuck these wankers.

Hlebsfall
June 17th, 2007, 4:58 PM
"It really was the fairytale finish for David Beckham."

What, playing shit and getting replaced by the player who scores twice.

Simon
June 17th, 2007, 5:05 PM
"It really was the fairytale finish for David Beckham."

What, playing shit and getting replaced by the player who scores twice.

ahahaha yeah we reacted the same to that, the commentary on La Liga goes from sublime to shite at the drop of a hat. They also said that Beckham's first two free kicks "hit the framework, in a way" - the first one the goalkeeper caught and the second one landed on the roof of the net, what the fuck were they going on about?

I like the look of that Jonas, not because he's good but because 1) he has a great comedy name and 2) he has the potential to be a fantastic Robbie Savage-esque panto villain, diving all over the shop.

Fair play to Madrid, they were fucking crap but as soon as they got the equaliser it was so blatant that they would win it. Raul and Robinho should be banned from celebrating and not be allowed medals - Madrid won the league despite them, not because of them. Reyes might just have got himself a contract for next season there too, you know what Madrid are like with their love of fictional hero players. Couple of good goals he got, though.

I was watching the game with my mate who plays full back for his Uni side and club side, and he was having an absolute shitfit about Basinas' defending for the Diarra goal, "YOU STUPID FUCKING CUNT YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE BEHIND THE LINE WHEN DEFENDING A POST FUCKING STUPID DICKHEAD CUNT IF YOU'RE BEHIND THE FUCKING LINE YOU CAN ATTACK THE BALL WHEN IT COMES AT YOU IF YOU HAD BEEN BEHIND THE FUCKING LINE YOU WOULDN'T HAVE HAD IT FUCKING HIT YOU AND GO IN YOU CUNT". He wanted Madrid to win too, I guess his full back side weighs more than his Madrid fan side.

Also, Maxi Lopez doesn't look human.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 17th, 2007, 5:07 PM
Anyone who wants Real Madrid to win anything is legitimately a cunt.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 17th, 2007, 5:08 PM
What a bollocks rule to win it on as well.

Hlebsfall
June 17th, 2007, 5:14 PM
Yeah, It's bollocks. Barcelona finished with a 19 better goal difference that Real Madrid. Where is the encouragement to go out a spank a team 7-0, when you can do a Madrid, and lose 1-0 for 85 minutes before getting two dodgy goals.

Simon
June 17th, 2007, 5:15 PM
I started to think Madrid would turn it around when Cannavaro and Ramos did two Bobby Moore '66 tackles in a minute. Ramos is class.

MACE
June 17th, 2007, 5:21 PM
Awesomeness. :D

Beefy
June 17th, 2007, 5:35 PM
What a bollocks rule to win it on as well.

Completely. Barcelona are the real champions.

MACE
June 17th, 2007, 5:37 PM
I'll think you'll find Madrid are the real champions Beefy mate. :D :wiggle:

El Capitano Gatisto
June 17th, 2007, 6:14 PM
I started to think Madrid would turn it around when Cannavaro and Ramos did two Bobby Moore '66 tackles in a minute. Ramos is class.

Ramos is class. You wonder how Real Madrid have managed to defend like children all season long considering the quality they have.

The reason that head-to-head thing fucks me off is that it seperates the teams based on two games, whereas the league should be about the season as a whole. If you've got no other way of seperating the sides, head-to-head should be a fall-back, not the first thing you go to. You can effectively win a title, a CL place or avoid relegation based on away goals and we all know how gay away goals are.

Simon
June 17th, 2007, 6:18 PM
The stupid thing is that it doesn't take into account three-way ties. What would have happened if the top three had finished all on the same points? Madrid had a better record against Barca, Barca had a better record against Sevilla and I think Sevilla had a better record against Madrid...so how do you call it?

El Capitano Gatisto
June 17th, 2007, 6:18 PM
Goal difference.

Lazurus
June 17th, 2007, 6:26 PM
Goal difference from the matches between the three rather than the league overall.

Cactus Lem
June 17th, 2007, 6:27 PM
Did I just see Raul Bravo there? He must be Madrid's version of David May.

I always laugh when I see Champo 99 celebration pics with David May trying to be the centre of attention.

Anyway, excitment wise the last few weeks leading up to the final game where much better, pleased to see Madrid and Becks take it though, as much as you can argue that they didn't deserve to take it.

I didn't put the Real shirt on either, five years old now, with a few too many pulls from usage.

Lazurus
June 17th, 2007, 6:52 PM
I took my Barca shirt off when Real were behind and swapped it for my England shirt.

Sorry Barca; my bad.

da_man
June 17th, 2007, 7:05 PM
I always laugh when I see Champo 99 celebration pics with David May trying to be the centre of attention.

John Curtis did a David May when we won the Worthy Cup in 2002 and he was an unused sub.

Whipped his jogging bottoms and jumper off and paraded round the pitch and got on all the photos in his full kit so it looked like he was playing. His kit being pristine, mud-free and perfectly laundered meant he wasn't fooling anybody.

Winkle van Tinkle
June 17th, 2007, 7:14 PM
Glad to see Madrid win it.

Don't get me wrong, they are fairly dogshit, but Barca took the piss this year and thought they'd stroll the fucking league. Plus Barca are hardly exciting. When was the last time Barca won a game out the Nou Camp by more than one goal? 5 FUCKING MONTHS AGO, THATS HOW LONG.

Casillas should get two medals.

Reyes > Ronaldo

Hulkamaniac
June 17th, 2007, 7:32 PM
GET IN BECKHAM LAD!!!

Winkle van Tinkle
June 17th, 2007, 8:00 PM
I would, but Mace would get jealous of me.

Hulkamaniac
June 17th, 2007, 8:07 PM
Booooooooooooooooooooom.

eldanielfire
June 18th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Glad to see Madrid win it.

Don't get me wrong, they are fairly dogshit, but Barca took the piss this year and thought they'd stroll the fucking league. Plus Barca are hardly exciting. When was the last time Barca won a game out the Nou Camp by more than one goal? 5 FUCKING MONTHS AGO, THATS HOW LONG.

Casillas should get two medals.

Reyes > Ronaldo

I pissed myself that Reyes won the league for Madrid. Hopefully the cunts will buy him. At the least it added a few million to his transfer value.

Winkle van Tinkle
June 18th, 2007, 4:47 PM
If Ronaldo is valued at £30m-£40m then Reyes has to be about £1.2 billion.

Havent won fuck in 4 years. Our double winning gypsy-boy strolls over and single-handedly wins them the title.

You do the math.

Melv
August 26th, 2007, 4:52 PM
:lol: Anyone else just watch Valencia fall apart there? It was almost painful to watch.

Moz
August 28th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Antonio Puerta who collapsed against Getafe on Sunday night just passed away in hospital. Poor guy was only 22, and his girlfriend is expecting his baby. Sad news. RIP

Hlebsfall
August 28th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Yeah, shocker that. Looked a good prospect as well.

Flow (Ice Cold) 3000
September 20th, 2007, 6:43 PM
Haven't watched any games this year, keep forgetting they're on weekend evenings. Real are pretty much on fire (P3 W3 F10 A2) already, at least in terms of results.

Guilleme Ballague reckons that Deco will be the first galactico to move, as he is currently the one being left out, but he also thinks this will be Ronaldinho's last season at the Nou Camp... apparently he's more likely to go to Milan than Chelsea

Matt E
October 31st, 2007, 5:35 PM
Madrid 5-1 up vs Valencia at the Mestalla :eek:

UK Blue
October 31st, 2007, 6:40 PM
Ronald Koeman's been appointed new manager at Valencia. Jol could be on his way to PSV.

Flow (Ice Cold) 3000
March 1st, 2008, 4:15 PM
For fuck's sake Casillas is amazing.

Pffft Sergio Ramos just got his 7th red card since joining Madrid, he's 21

Ringo
March 1st, 2008, 4:35 PM
It's all gone a bit mental now. Third red card there.

Flow (Ice Cold) 3000
March 1st, 2008, 5:26 PM
beautiful 2nd goal from Robinho

Ringo
August 31st, 2008, 4:15 PM
BUMP.

So Barca lost to newly promoted Numancia, and now Real are behind for a second time. Mistake from Pepe.

Robben was gash out on the right in the first half.

Guardado is the man.

UK Blue
August 31st, 2008, 4:18 PM
Guardado is amazing on Champo, and in real life too it seems.

Torn
August 31st, 2008, 4:20 PM
MISTA is awesome.

1_Pablo_Angel
August 31st, 2008, 4:39 PM
Is it the guy that used to play for Atletico?

He's my Pro Evo hero, 4th choice striker in my Atletico Master League team always came on and scored and then did a brilliant aeroplane celebration.

Torn
August 31st, 2008, 4:46 PM
Yeah, scored about a billion goals for Valencia too, moved from Athletico in the summer. What a man.

Simon
August 31st, 2008, 5:02 PM
Barcelona must be gutted after that game, half the match was played in Numancia's six yard box.

Ringo
August 31st, 2008, 5:03 PM
Yeah, scored about a billion goals for Valencia too, moved from Athletico in the summer. What a man.

40 in 144 in the League... :wiggle:

Jay
August 31st, 2008, 5:03 PM
They had about thirty-odd shots to Numancia's six. And fuck knows how Eto'o missed that header towards the end.

Simon
August 31st, 2008, 5:10 PM
I thought De Guzman looked very good for Depor, we could do with a player like him.

Torn
August 31st, 2008, 5:14 PM
40 in 144 in the League... :wiggle:

He got 24 in one season when Valencia one the league MATE

s-pac
August 31st, 2008, 5:30 PM
Atletico mauling Malaga makes me happy:yesyes:

turdpower
August 31st, 2008, 6:04 PM
Barcelona must be gutted after that game, half the match was played in Numancia's six yard box.

Everytime I flicked it on, Bojan had the ball in that part of the pitch.

Had no idea most of the game was like that.

Chris Scott
September 14th, 2008, 1:08 PM
Hahahaha Real Madrid concede and early goal.

Ringo
September 14th, 2008, 1:11 PM
La Liga has been immense thus far. Both Real and Barca losing on the opening day of the season, Barca to a newly promoted club.

David Villa again being amazing. Barca getting a shit draw at home against Santander leading to half the crowd fucking off. Mental match betweem Gijon and Sevilla last night as well. Comedy defending from both sides. Ended up 4-3. Brilliant entertainment.

Now Real losing again :lol:

1_Pablo_Angel
September 14th, 2008, 1:23 PM
fuck me what a goal

Ringo
September 14th, 2008, 1:24 PM
Super strike. I love La Liga :heart:

2-2 inside 25 mins :D

Torn
September 14th, 2008, 1:27 PM
HIGUAIN

What a match.

Ringo
September 14th, 2008, 1:27 PM
The Sevilla game was 3-3 at half time. I wonder if this can beat that.

Torn
September 14th, 2008, 1:34 PM
Van der Vaart oh my.

Ringo
September 14th, 2008, 1:34 PM
Ahahah BRILLIANCE.

Chris Scott
September 14th, 2008, 1:37 PM
Mental stuff.

Torn
September 14th, 2008, 1:40 PM
4-2 unbelievable jeff

Ringo
September 14th, 2008, 2:13 PM
4-3 now. Seriously, Real's defence is an absolute joke. Still. It continues to be so year after year despite having one of the world's top 3 keepers and the likes of Ramos, Pepe, Cannavaro etc.

Melv
September 14th, 2008, 2:28 PM
I don't think Real signed Pepe for his defensive qualities so much.

Ringo
September 14th, 2008, 2:29 PM
He's having a bit of a shocker, that's for sure.

JIJ
September 14th, 2008, 2:38 PM
Doesn't matter how bad their defence is if their attackers always score more.

Gary J
September 15th, 2008, 3:03 PM
I think this might be the year in which both Barcelona and Real don't win La Liga , and one of the sides like Atletico, Villareal or Sevilla takes this. I think Barcelona specially made a mistake in getting in a manager that lacks experience, no matter how much he did for the club as a player.

JIJ
September 15th, 2008, 3:08 PM
Been a weird start in both Serie A and La Liga.

Milan and Barca have been absolute wank.

Real, Roma, Fiorentina all dropping points.

Ringo
October 4th, 2008, 4:09 PM
Barca are 3-0 up against Atletico after only 8 minutes :lol:

Ringo
October 4th, 2008, 4:14 PM
3-1! 4 goals inside 13 minutes!

El Capitano Gatisto
October 4th, 2008, 4:16 PM
I wish I had fucking Sky Sports.

Ringo
October 4th, 2008, 4:18 PM
There's five. Eto'o :lol:

FFS this is mad. 18 minutes in and 5 goals. At this rate it'll be about 12-6

Ringo
October 4th, 2008, 4:27 PM
9 minutes without a goal. BORING.

EDIT: And just as I say that Barca get their 5th

El Capitano Gatisto
October 4th, 2008, 4:30 PM
Got it on Sopcast now. Lovely stuff. Iniesta is a genius.

El Capitano Gatisto
October 4th, 2008, 4:32 PM
Holy fuck, should have been 6 about 3 times and a penalty.

Ringo
October 4th, 2008, 4:33 PM
Lopez now has two yellow cards and he's still on the pitch. This just gets more and more mental. Atletico are all over the place.

El Capitano Gatisto
October 4th, 2008, 4:34 PM
Murder attempt on Messi as well.

Ringo
October 4th, 2008, 4:41 PM
Messi just put what would have been a bit of a wondergoal just wide. Wish that'd gone in.

El Capitano Gatisto
October 4th, 2008, 4:41 PM
How did you miss Messi.

Ringo
October 4th, 2008, 5:31 PM
Lovely goal, that.

El Capitano Gatisto
October 4th, 2008, 5:31 PM
Glorious goal from Henry for 6.

Ringo
October 5th, 2008, 4:43 PM
Lovely second goal from Raul tonight. VINTAGE RAUL as the Gerry Armstrong put it.

UK Blue
October 5th, 2008, 4:58 PM
Should have squared it to van Nistelrooy.

Glen
October 5th, 2008, 5:41 PM
Terrible handball from the Sneijder free kick. Shocking.

Andy
October 25th, 2008, 4:08 PM
Barca are fucking amazing just now...

Andy
October 25th, 2008, 4:18 PM
2-0 IMMENSE

Fulham Road Supporter
October 25th, 2008, 4:23 PM
Keeper shouldn't have stuttered for the first goal. Nice third goal, Messi seemed to shoot for the second, I'm not having it that that was a pass.

Andy
October 25th, 2008, 4:23 PM
3-0 AMAZING

Iniesta is class

Fulham Road Supporter
October 25th, 2008, 4:25 PM
3-1! 4 goals inside 13 minutes!

We were down the pub and this was on in the background, my mate understandably thought it was the highlights, I've probably never watched a more ridiculous 20 minutes.

Andy
October 25th, 2008, 4:26 PM
4-0 ETO'O HAT TRICK 24 MINUTES

Fulham Road Supporter
October 25th, 2008, 4:27 PM
Ahaha four, nicely done Leo, again the keeper was being a bit of a tit I thought.

I'm meant to be going out in a minute for a mates birthday, thinking about sacking it off until after this.

Andy
October 25th, 2008, 4:28 PM
They're pretty much unplayable like this. Could easily be double figures.

Fulham Road Supporter
October 25th, 2008, 4:32 PM
It'll slow down, like the other week. I'd be shocked if they scored more then two more, 6-1 is my guess.

Sending off :lol: brilliant, 4-0 down, ten men, good luck.

Andy
October 25th, 2008, 4:32 PM
oh dear :lol:

Ringo
October 25th, 2008, 4:35 PM
Hahaha MASSIVE.

Andy
October 25th, 2008, 4:36 PM
This is quality. Take Marquez off and bring Bojan on, Puyol off for Hleb aswell. I want 10.

Andy
October 25th, 2008, 4:39 PM
40 YARD FREE KICK :panic:

Fulham Road Supporter
October 25th, 2008, 4:40 PM
Yeah my mates birthday can wait, I am staying here.

Amazing how quiet it is.

Andy
October 25th, 2008, 4:48 PM
Brilliantly cynical fouls from Almeria now, about 6 bookings and a red in the first half. :lol:

Fulham Road Supporter
October 25th, 2008, 4:54 PM
That one on Iniesta at the end was ridiclous, one tried to trip him and failed so his mate did it instead and got booked.

Why analyse it at half time, just keep showing the highlights there's not alot to say.

Torn
October 25th, 2008, 5:29 PM
What was the final score?

Hlebsfall
October 25th, 2008, 5:39 PM
It's still the second half. About 20 minutes left, 5-0.

Fulham Road Supporter
October 25th, 2008, 5:41 PM
It was always going to be a tame second half, I really should go to the pub.

Andy
October 26th, 2008, 3:26 PM
Villarreal were 0-2 down at half time. 3-2 up after 60 and now 4-2 up after 70. Great game, Pires is a genius.

Matt E
October 26th, 2008, 3:50 PM
4-4 now :lol:

Villarreal had an extra man at 4-2 as well.

Andy
October 26th, 2008, 4:34 PM
Real 2-0 up, Sneijder nearly scored from his own half. Another brilliant match. :yes:

Andy
October 26th, 2008, 4:48 PM
2-2 now :lol:

Andy
October 26th, 2008, 4:50 PM
CHAOS now :lol:

Brilliant weekend

Jay
October 26th, 2008, 5:46 PM
That Villarreal game was superb, as was the first half of Real's match, especially the last ten minutes or so. Got a bit bored of it once Real grabbed a third, though.

El Capitano Gatisto
November 8th, 2008, 6:21 PM
4 goals for Eto'o in the first half for Barca tonight vs. Valladolid.

UK Blue
November 8th, 2008, 6:27 PM
La Liga is so fucking good.

El Capitano Gatisto
November 8th, 2008, 6:28 PM
Remember the Spurs fans on here actually thought they might sign him? And David Villa?

turdpower
November 8th, 2008, 6:31 PM
I don't think they truely believed it. Surely.

UK Blue
November 8th, 2008, 6:34 PM
Yeah, I'm sure Laz said they were in advanced negotiations. :lol:

Spurs fans are deluded.

El Capitano Gatisto
November 8th, 2008, 6:34 PM
They did. Especially when Simon posted comments from Lee saying he'd consider playing anywhere and thought that they were from Eto'o, when in fact Eto'o said he'd only go somewhere he would win trophies.

El Capitano Gatisto
November 8th, 2008, 6:43 PM
Fucking hell, 6-0. Another 6 goals for Barca. Beautiful goals too. I'd love to see this team just beat everyone in Europe to death.

Ringo
November 8th, 2008, 6:56 PM
They are amazing. Love it.

Jay
November 8th, 2008, 8:48 PM
Barcelona are just absolutely incredible. If Valladolid's keeper wasn't rather good, it could easily have been at least 13-0 tonight. Henry should have had four goals himself. Puyol, Marquez, Xavi, Messi, Eto'o, all just amazing. Fantastic to watch.

Andy
November 8th, 2008, 11:26 PM
The Real Madrid game was mental enough, then ANOTHER 6 goals from Barca.

Eto'o has to be the best striker in the world at the moment. Breath taking football from Barca.

Andy
December 6th, 2008, 5:59 PM
Barcelona are so bloody good to watch.

We need Yaya.

Andy
December 6th, 2008, 6:05 PM
:lol:

30 seconds into the second half

Jay
December 6th, 2008, 6:45 PM
Barcelona are just fucking ridiculous.

UK Blue
December 6th, 2008, 6:55 PM
What was the Barca score?

At a mates house, got Setanta but not Sky Sports. :wtf:

1_Pablo_Angel
December 6th, 2008, 6:57 PM
4-0

Henry hat-trick

UK Blue
December 6th, 2008, 7:01 PM
They still couldn't beat SteaUK Bluecharest :cool:

You ordered the boxing?

1_Pablo_Angel
December 6th, 2008, 7:03 PM
No mate, got to be up at 8 tomorrow :\

No way I'm staying up past 4.

UK Blue
December 6th, 2008, 7:06 PM
Poor form. :nono:

I left everyone at the pub, back at Chris and Dan's now on my own. :$ Been ill so can't be arsed with drinking too much tonight anyway.

Froch's on now on ITV, should be a good fight :yes:

El Capitano Gatisto
December 7th, 2008, 4:13 PM
For Barca to do that to Valencia without Iniesta or Eto'o was ridiculous. They pasted the poor bastards.

El Capitano Gatisto
December 7th, 2008, 4:14 PM
Real losing to Sevilla at home now too.

Andy
December 7th, 2008, 4:46 PM
Jesus, Real are shit at the moment. What's happened to Casillas?

Lazurus
December 9th, 2008, 9:51 AM
Ramos is manager at Real.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alf
December 9th, 2008, 9:54 AM
Why is that funny?

UK Blue
December 9th, 2008, 9:56 AM
COZ HE WOZ SHIT AT SPURZ!

Lazurus
December 9th, 2008, 10:03 AM
COZ HE WOZ SHIT AT SPURZ!

:yes:

JIJ
December 9th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Real are a joke club

Alf
December 9th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Oh right... good work...

UK Blue
December 9th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Should have gone for Redknapp.

1_Pablo_Angel
December 9th, 2008, 10:15 AM
David O'Leary.

Alf
December 9th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Ramos is still a quality manager. He did very well polishing turds at Sevilla, so perhaps a move back to using his native language will do him the world of good.

He's probably laughing all the way to the bank.

Lazurus
December 9th, 2008, 10:21 AM
I think he'll probably do a god job but I find it funny how someone can fail so amazingly and then go on to get one of the best (if normally shortest lived) jobs in football.

1_Pablo_Angel
December 9th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Ramos is still a quality manager. He did very well polishing turds at Sevilla, so perhaps a move back to using his native language will do him the world of good.

Polishing turds? :wtf: He inherited some quality players there. Also that's his only real success in a fairly long career in management.

He's incredibly lucky to have got the Madrid job. Or their owners are just fucking stupid.

Lazurus
December 9th, 2008, 10:27 AM
There are rarely good managers available in December. They've given him a 6 month deal which means they can gtet shot of him for free for next season and get someone new in. This was probably saves them a lot of money,

UK Blue
December 9th, 2008, 10:37 AM
They've had a poor start but I still think it's harsh to sack Schuster. He won the title last year, they're progressing in the CL and they have had horrid luck with injuries. Basically you're not even allowed a poor run of form in that job, how they expect anyone to last longer than a year or two and be a real success I don't know.

Schuster winning the title last season was a massive achievement. Short memories.

Ringo
December 9th, 2008, 11:12 AM
When have Real ever been anything other than completely ridiculous in regards to their treatment of managers? Every prospective Real manager should expect to last a season or two at best, even if they somehow manage to simultaneously deliver silverware, exciting football, goalfests, and don't fall out with any of the big stars.

El Capitano Gatisto
December 9th, 2008, 1:52 PM
Real Madrid were shit last year too, it so happened they had Ruud Van Nistelrooy fit for most of the season and Casillas in the form of his life. The reason they won the league title for two seasons is basically down to those two players winning games and their challengers being in a fucking mess. Barcelona and Valencia have got their act together again (Barca especially) while Villareal are looking strong.

I can't see Ramos doing any better unless Huntelaar turns out to be a match-winner of Ruud proportions and Casillas gets back to his best.

El Capitano Gatisto
December 9th, 2008, 1:56 PM

Sevilla had a very strong side under Ramos and still have some very good players, this despite selling some of their bigger names over the years for huge money. Spurs could have learned a thing or two from Sevilla's player recruitment policy.

Simon
December 9th, 2008, 1:58 PM
I really need to start watching La Liga more regularly, every week there seem to be ridiculous numbers of goals.

1_Pablo_Angel
December 9th, 2008, 2:10 PM
Yeah it's been quality recently.

Huntelaar will FLOP. I am basing this bold prediction entirely on 90 minutes at Villa Park.

Gary J
December 9th, 2008, 2:14 PM
I think Huntelaar will flop too. I've not been impessed at all when i've seen him play which admittedly is not much.

1_Pablo_Angel
December 9th, 2008, 2:14 PM
That's that settled then.

We can't both be wrong.

Simon
December 9th, 2008, 2:18 PM
He's one of them whose record you can't argue with but always seems to be shit when I see him. Same with Toni, Ibrahimovic, Klose and Pauleta.

UK Blue
December 9th, 2008, 2:22 PM
Huntelaar will FLOP. I am basing this bold prediction entirely on 90 minutes at Villa Park.

Bit harsh mate. We all know that performing against the Villa is the acid test for any footballer. I'm sure he'll fare much better against comparative minnows such as Sevilla, Valencia and Barca.

1_Pablo_Angel
December 9th, 2008, 2:25 PM
More than likely :yes:

Gary J
December 9th, 2008, 2:25 PM
He's one of them whose record you can't argue with but always seems to be shit when I see him. Same with Toni, Ibrahimovic, Klose and Pauleta.

Good to see its not just me and 1PA thinking Huntelaar is not particularly impressive.

I'd agree with the others you mention especially Ibrahimovic who has been a waste of space when ever i've seen him play

El Capitano Gatisto
December 9th, 2008, 2:27 PM
Ibrahimovic is supremely talented, he's just a bit of a twat. In his first season at Juventus he was unstoppable and ridiculous.

Simon
December 9th, 2008, 2:27 PM
The thing is you can't fuck with Ibrahimovich, everyone I know who watches him regularly says he's one of the best in the world and nearly every week on the Guardian podcast they mention another amazing bit of skill he's done or something...but whenever I personally see him, he's rubbish.

1_Pablo_Angel
December 9th, 2008, 2:30 PM
Me too. I think I told UK Blue he was shit about 8 years ago and I haven't really seen much to change my mind, except the derision of everyone else I suggest this to.

ooh he does a gay little flick every 5 games, woop dee doo.

Gary J
December 9th, 2008, 2:34 PM
Ibrahimovic has talent i agree because you will an odd glimpse of skill from him in a game and you think wow that was pretty good.

But thats about all he offers whenever i've seen him play its 85 minutes of standing about with his hands on his hips. He gets caught offside far too much and he isn't blessed with pace and when he does get the ball he is easily dispossesed.

Never understand the hype he gets when he will do in a game is add one more trick to his highlight reel of tricks.

N.E.R.F.
December 9th, 2008, 2:36 PM
See his goal for Sweden against Greece (?) in Euro 08? Out of nothing, turned the game. That's what he can do, and does do, and that's why he's rated so highly.

El Capitano Gatisto
December 9th, 2008, 2:36 PM
How many games have you actually seen him playing? If you only watched Ronaldo when United played in the CL or against the big 4 you'd probably think exactly the same thing about him. Unfortunately many of the best players these days don't turn it on at big tournaments or big games.

Italian football isn't on anymore but, like I said, when I saw him for Juventus Ibrahimovic was absolutely unstoppable in his first season. Juve players would basically just shoot the ball at him from any angle because they knew he'd kill it dead and launch an attack.

Gary J
December 9th, 2008, 2:38 PM
Like i said he does one trick in a game and thats about all he does. He is a very average player.

Simon
December 9th, 2008, 2:40 PM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7eraTrQ90FE

He did this on the weekend. Not entirely sure why but it's very pretty.

N.E.R.F.
December 9th, 2008, 2:43 PM
He's better like that than half of Arsenal are with their heads...

Andy
December 9th, 2008, 2:44 PM
That was literally no need for that. :lol:

Gary J
December 9th, 2008, 2:50 PM
How many games have you actually seen him playing? If you only watched Ronaldo when United played in the CL or against the big 4 you'd probably think exactly the same thing about him. Unfortunately many of the best players these days don't turn it on at big tournaments or big games.

Italian football isn't on anymore but, like I said, when I saw him for Juventus Ibrahimovic was absolutely unstoppable in his first season. Juve players would basically just shoot the ball at him from any angle because they knew he'd kill it dead and launch an attack.

Seen him quiet a fair bit of the italian football when it was on. Plus Inter have played Arsenal and Liverpool in the champs league in recent years and of course theres been the world cup and european championships and all i've ever seen him offer is his one piece of skill and nothing else. He has no pace , gets caught offside easily and is easily dispossed.

Ringo
December 9th, 2008, 2:56 PM
Like i said he does one trick in a game and thats about all he does. He is a very average player.

Yeah but that's not actually true for a start...

El Capitano Gatisto
December 9th, 2008, 3:05 PM
Seen him quiet a fair bit of the italian football when it was on. Plus Inter have played Arsenal and Liverpool in the champs league in recent years and of course theres been the world cup and european championships and all i've ever seen him offer is his one piece of skill and nothing else. He has no pace , gets caught offside easily and is easily dispossed.

You obviously haven't seen that much of him in Italian football given that he has a pretty impressive goalscoring record. The "no pace" thing is fucking stupid as well, he's quick, strong and has superb technique. The problem comes when he can't find space or doesn't work hard enough to find himself some, as often seems to happen in European games. Again, if you just watched Ronaldo in games in the CL, you'd probably wonder what the fuss was about, since he manages about two good performances a season.

Gary J
December 9th, 2008, 5:51 PM
You obviously haven't seen that much of him in Italian football given that he has a pretty impressive goalscoring record. The "no pace" thing is fucking stupid as well, he's quick, strong and has superb technique. The problem comes when he can't find space or doesn't work hard enough to find himself some, as often seems to happen in European games. Again, if you just watched Ronaldo in games in the CL, you'd probably wonder what the fuss was about, since he manages about two good performances a season.

Just because he has an impressive scroing record doesnt make him a great player. Kezman had a great scoring record and he is hardly praised as a great of world football is he ?

As for technique yes he has great technique as i give him credit for some of the tricks he pulls off but as you stated he doesnt work hard enough and finds it difficult to find space which are pretty major flaws for a supposedly world class player.

El Capitano Gatisto
December 9th, 2008, 7:16 PM
Ibrahimovic plays in Italy, Kezman had a good record when he played in Holland. As I said, given he scores plenty in Italy you mustn't have seen much of him playing there, that was the point. That was also besides my point that he has been absolutely unbelievable in Serie A when I've seen him.

Anyway, he scored a lovely goal tonight.

Part of his problem in European and international games may also be that he is best at bringing other players into the game and he doesn't get so much support at these. He is not a clinical finisher, though he does score beautiful goals.

Gary J
December 9th, 2008, 7:29 PM
Ibrahimovic plays in Italy, Kezman had a good record when he played in Holland. As I said, given he scores plenty in Italy you mustn't have seen much of him playing there, that was the point. That was also besides my point that he has been absolutely unbelievable in Serie A when I've seen him.

Anyway, he scored a lovely goal tonight.

Part of his problem in European and international games may also be that he is best at bringing other players into the game and he doesn't get so much support at these. He is not a clinical finisher, though he does score beautiful goals.

Differing opinions i suppose as you say hes been unbelievable when you've seen him in Serie A. Where as when i have seen him he has been lacklustre.

As for his international form he has been worse and i think his scoring record isnt good and i think he once went 3 years without scoring for Sweden.

DavidUK
December 9th, 2008, 8:05 PM
I'd agree with the others you mention especially Ibrahimovic who has been a waste of space when ever i've seen him play

Me too. I think I told UK Blue he was shit about 8 years ago and I haven't really seen much to change my mind, except the derision of everyone else I suggest this to.

ooh he does a gay little flick every 5 games, woop dee doo.

I also went along the same lines - whenever I seen Ibrahimovic play he was always somewhat underwhelming. Gauging from what I had heard about him compared to what I had seen of him he didn't come up too good.

I've always took in to consideration that I hadn't seen much of him (Champions League and the odd Serie A game), definetely not enough to make a full scale judgement. I haven't seen much of him, but even at that I've seen him do nothing, nowhere near the level that justifies his status as the player some people make him out to be. Although, as I said, I haven't seen him regularly, so I've always reserved complete judgment of him, but I've never seem him be anything more than a player who is quite above average.

I won't disagree with the majority, especially as I have a few mates who say that he now and again is ridiculously good. I also know a few people (as ECG also said) that have said in his first season with Juventus he wasn't far from unstoppable.

El Capitano Gatisto
December 10th, 2008, 9:42 AM
He was the best player in the world, easily, in his first season at Juventus. He was just fucking stupidly good. Juve had a pretty creaking side but they knew they could fire the ball at Ibrahimovic and it would stick and then he'd do something immensely class. Unfortunately the whole Moggi scandal means anything that happened at Juve during those years isn't really referred to.

Again, I say if you couldn't watch Ronaldo every week and only saw him in 4 or 5 big games a season, you might wonder what the fuss is about.

son_of_foley
December 10th, 2008, 10:06 AM
He's quite good for sweeden just not good enough to trouble Aaron Hughes. pfft who is.

1_Pablo_Angel
December 10th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Aaron Hughes is the definition of average.

JIJ
December 10th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Zlatan is vastly overrated on here. Don't get me wrong he's capable of quality, but he just doesn't do it often enough. ECG, how can you slate Ronaldo for not performing on the big stage yet you consistently rave about Ibrahimovic?

Ringo
December 10th, 2008, 10:13 AM
What? ECG is just about the only person who rates him on here at all, and I'd hardly say he "consistently raves" about him. He's underrated on here if anything.

JIJ
December 10th, 2008, 10:18 AM
ECG has gone on about Zlatan a lot over the years.

One unstoppable season a few years back doesn't really count for much these days.

son_of_foley
December 10th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Aaron Hughes is the definition of average.

Lolz sure he is mate. Ask Zlatan and see the fear. He was bloody BRILLIANT last qualifying campaign. Masterous. Jonny Evans will surpass him though probably by next year.

1_Pablo_Angel
December 10th, 2008, 10:24 AM
We've already established that Zlatan Ibrahimovic is basically Julian Joachim without the blistering pace mate. Pay attention.

El Capitano Gatisto
December 10th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Zlatan is vastly overrated on here. Don't get me wrong he's capable of quality, but he just doesn't do it often enough. ECG, how can you slate Ronaldo for not performing on the big stage yet you consistently rave about Ibrahimovic?

I don't call Zlatan a great player, just a very talented one. He's not shit, nor is he the best. He is immensely talented, however, and is one of the best players around to watch when he is on form because he can do things that very few other players can.

I don't call Ronaldo shit either. I just don't think he's one of the best players I've ever seen for various reasons or the best player in the world. Just a very good one, with a very poor attitude. In fact, I see both players as being at a similar sort of level.

El Capitano Gatisto
February 14th, 2009, 3:26 PM
Betis beating Barcelona 2-0 after 25 mins, lovely finish from Mark Gonzalez. Messi is not on, I predict he will be soon.

El Capitano Gatisto
February 14th, 2009, 3:29 PM
Iniesta is fucking class. How did he skin those people.

Andy
February 14th, 2009, 3:30 PM
It's about time they lost. They've been scarily good this season.

El Capitano Gatisto
February 14th, 2009, 3:31 PM
Not over yet. They are scarily good as a side but Messi is like a different level of human, he'll come on second half and could easily inspire 3 or 4 goals because he is unplayable at times.

Melv
February 14th, 2009, 3:35 PM
Not over yet. They are scarily good as a side but Messi is like a different level of human, he'll come on second half and could easily inspire 3 or 4 goals because he is unplayable at times.
Were Barca not 1-0 down the other week with about half of the second half gone, then Messi came on and absolutely destroyed them?

1_Pablo_Angel
February 14th, 2009, 3:39 PM
Is that why he's on the bench tonight?

El Capitano Gatisto
February 14th, 2009, 3:43 PM
They were 0-1 down to Santander and he came on and scored twice.

He's on the bench probably because he has been fairly injury prone during his short career and they probably want to try to keep him fit for this important part of the season for the CL. The league isn't wrapped up but they're most likely going to win it. Havin Sammy Eto'o on up front should be enough to sort out most teams anyway.

1_Pablo_Angel
February 14th, 2009, 3:49 PM
I was joking. It sounded from Melv's post that he came on and destroyed Barca.

El Capitano Gatisto
February 14th, 2009, 3:51 PM
Yes. Just explaining anyway, however. He always seems to pick up a big injury round this time of the season that takes him out of the latter stages of the CL or hampers his fitness for it.

2-1 at half time, Sammy Eto'o with a peno miss and rebound. 22nd league goal in 21 games.

Andy
February 14th, 2009, 3:52 PM
I wonder if they'll swap Eto'o for Adebayor.

We'll chuck Eboue in there too.

El Capitano Gatisto
February 14th, 2009, 3:54 PM
Spurs signed him in the summer. They must have sent him back out on loan to Barca for experience. Same with David Villa and Valencia.

Matt E
February 14th, 2009, 4:46 PM
Eto'o is a beast.

Andy
February 14th, 2009, 4:47 PM
Heartbreak for Betis.

Simon
February 14th, 2009, 5:01 PM
What was the score then?

Henry, Eto'o and Messi between them have scored more goals than any top four team in Europe.

El Capitano Gatisto
February 14th, 2009, 5:18 PM
2-2. Eto'o at the double.

Simon
February 14th, 2009, 5:22 PM
Was he on a red?

El Capitano Gatisto
February 14th, 2009, 5:23 PM
You never know with him. He actually missed a great chance as well, set himself up with a ludicrous little flick then pulled it way wide when one-on-one. So probably on a green.

He is almost impossible to miss with in Pro E, but it's hard to argue with it.

Andy
February 14th, 2009, 5:23 PM
lol pro evo.

They do have something like 50+ goals between them in the league this season.

N.E.R.F.
February 21st, 2009, 3:56 PM
0-0 half time between Barca and Espanyol - 10 men for Barca and yellows galore.

Real 6-1 up over Betis at the half too :eek:

Andy
February 21st, 2009, 4:03 PM
Thay've left all the TV's on SS1 at work. :irked:

It looks like a fairly entertaining match...

N.E.R.F.
February 21st, 2009, 4:11 PM
Both of Raul's goals have been utterly ridiculous. Ramos with a lovely diving header too.

N.E.R.F.
February 21st, 2009, 4:16 PM
Espanyol score, Barca defending worse than Arsenal...

El Capitano Gatisto
February 21st, 2009, 4:17 PM
de la Pena, what a player.

Simon
February 21st, 2009, 4:20 PM
Short passing 99