PDA

View Full Version : Entourage

Pages : [1] 2

Pauly
July 11th, 2005, 1:44 AM
I can't believe there's no thread for this already, it's pretty much the best show on television right now. HBO is where it's at and Jeremy Piven is fucking brilliant. He plays the agent of up-and-coming star vincent chase, who has his 3 best friends as his entourage.

You may remember Piven as the dean from old school. He's hilarious in this show.

Anyway, gotta love any show that features Bob Saget (as himself) smoking a bong. The guest stars are incredible, from Jessica Alba to Chris Penn to Gary Busey to Ralph Machio (thats right the Karate Kid) to Pauly Shore... all playing themselves.

Tim
July 11th, 2005, 2:21 AM
I like Entourage, I usually watch it on demand with The Comeback.

Jimini
July 11th, 2005, 5:22 AM
Was there a second series of this made?
Saw all of the first series and enjoyed it muchly.

Pauly
July 11th, 2005, 11:18 AM
Was there a second series of this made?
Saw all of the first series and enjoyed it muchly.

If you mean season then yeah, second season is on now, every sunday at 10 pm Eastern time on HBO

Mr_Nobody
July 11th, 2005, 1:19 PM
HBO and FX has some of the best series on television period...I've just recently gotten in to watching Entourage, and you're right, I love it. I've been a huge fan of Jeremy Priven for many years now, and this series just proves once again how good he is.

The only thing I'm pissed at HBO for is cancelling Carnivale with the cliffhanger finale they had. Bastards.

Stringer Bell
July 11th, 2005, 4:32 PM
Entourage is great, I just wish they would make the episodes longer. It seems like they always end right when they really start picking up (of course, that's just to make us wait 'til the next one).

I agree that Jeremy Piven's F'n great.. what else does he shine in? Besides Old School..

mayhem420
July 11th, 2005, 4:45 PM
Piven is great in PCU..... its very much like Animal House or OldSchool type movies.... he is very funny in that one. Which also happens to have David Spade AND George Clinton!!! WoooooooHooooooo funkadelik!!

Jimini
July 11th, 2005, 6:01 PM
If you mean season then yeah, second season is on now, every sunday at 10 pm Eastern time on HBO
Cool,. cheers.

Is it far in?
Going to be 8 episodes for the 'season' again?

*hightails it to packetnews*

Stringer Bell
July 11th, 2005, 8:39 PM
PCU you say? Any others?

I'm guessing the 2nd season is (unfortunately) only going to be eight eps, and they're 5 deep right now.

Dangerously
July 11th, 2005, 10:02 PM
PCU you say? Any others?

I'm guessing the 2nd season is (unfortunately) only going to be eight eps, and they're 5 deep right now.
PCU is a great film. He was on the Ellen Degeneres show and many other shows and movies.

RebornMoo
July 12th, 2005, 2:12 AM
I don't care for the show at all...it never goes anywhere. The last couple of episodes have all about him possibly not getting the part in Aquaman because someone fucked up. Either make the episodes longer or get something accomlished in the time you have.

Stringer Bell
July 12th, 2005, 2:18 AM
I don't care for the show at all...it never goes anywhere. The last couple of episodes have all about him possibly not getting the part in Aquaman because someone fucked up. Either make the episodes longer or get something accomlished in the time you have.

It's trying to stress how slow-moving the process is in real life Hollywood though, that's what the whole show's about. I think Wahlberg and company do a great job. Nothing in Hollywood is overnight, they can't have but so much storyline progression in thirty minutes. Aqauaman is the main story of this season pretty much.. did you see season 1?

They should be longer though, I agree. I think the show's garnered enough attention that it can get hour episodes for season three. If they had an hour, they could accomplish a lot more.. but for the time they have, I think it's a damn good portrayal. Not that I have any real clue, but it seems very realistic to me.

Judas Iscariot
July 12th, 2005, 3:20 AM
I ought to get hte first season on DVD.

Pauly
July 12th, 2005, 1:17 PM

Well, like other shows an episode does two things, move along the main story line slowly, and have a back story for each one. Pretty much one thing happens for the main story line every episode. Usually towards the end.

The plot progression in the most recent episode was:
they just found out James Cameron is going to go to Sundance to see Vince's movie

Mr_Nobody
July 12th, 2005, 3:45 PM
Jeremy Priven has been in almost everything that John Cusack has been in, because they're like good friends.

Here's some of the stuff he's been in...

Runaway Jury, Blackhawk Down, Gross Pointe Blank, short lived TV show "Cupid", and the voice of the Elongated Man on Justice League

Stringer Bell
July 13th, 2005, 3:06 AM
Thanks for the info :yes: Didn't realize Piven had been in so much.

Stringer Bell
July 25th, 2005, 9:28 PM
Well, they just showed the 8th episode last night.. so this season will at least be a few episodes longer than the 1st :yes:

Good episode last night too. Ari killed it as usual with the "Top 40 Under Four Feet" line. Turtle and Drama were hilarious too, and Mandy Moore was sexy as ever..

Stringer Bell
August 25th, 2005, 1:52 PM
Loved the last episode. Saigon was a nice touch, I was shocked when I first heard them listening to "Let a Nigga Know" in the Mazarati.

Stringer Bell
August 30th, 2005, 11:20 AM
Awesome episode last Sunday. I didn't see the Ari situation coming... Piven did such a great job with that. I was pulling for him/laughing with him the whole episode. Vince isn't doing the movie now, huh? Season finale should be :yes:

Stringer Bell
September 2nd, 2005, 12:56 PM
Come on bitches, this show is heating up.. season finale's the next episode. I know I'm not the only one who follows it.

Marlon Dingle
October 22nd, 2006, 5:52 PM
Sorry to bump this thread but the last episode of season 1 aired in the uk just now on ITV2. And i dont really wanna look at the other threads incase of spoilers.

Yeh just gotta say what a good show it is, its out on DVD tommorrow and i am so tempted to buy it. Loved tonights episode especially the ending with Scarlette Johanson, I was literally jumping up and down as to how good it rounded up.

So yeh any other viewers in the UK??? (No doubt the people in the UK who do watch this show already just download the episodes and are up to date with the yanks.)

Enzyme
October 22nd, 2006, 6:05 PM
(No doubt the people in the UK who do watch this show already just download the episodes and are up to date with the yanks.)
Yup.

Marlon Dingle
October 22nd, 2006, 6:33 PM
Yeh i am tempted to start downloadin the episodes but i enjoy watching them on a sunday night when i have recovered from my hangover and can crack open a beer and watch some good TV for once. Plus it gives me something to look forward to on a Sunday.

Plus i dont have to wait long for season 2 as it starts next week. :yes:

Hobbit
October 22nd, 2006, 7:25 PM
I've massively enjoyed all the episodes I've seen on ITV2, but they show it at some bollocks times that I seem to be excellent at forgetting or just doing other things at.

It's a hilarious and 'cool' show.

Ravi
April 10th, 2007, 10:14 AM
right....... anyone see the 2nd part of season 3?
fantastic ep.

huge props for keeping Ari!
what do you guys think is going to happen to him? i cant see them bringing him back as vinces agent anymore, but who knows?
and drama is hilarious

Stringer Bell
April 10th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Yeah, it was damn good. Simple, fun episode for Vince's birthday, but still answered a lot of questions and advanced the plot well. Watching Ari become defensive is great, and Drama's as funny as ever. I'm not too keen on Vinny's new agent yet.. not that she's a bad actress necessarily, just that seems really out of place in that role. But really, I guess she is filling some of the biggest shoes possible..

Ravi
April 10th, 2007, 10:31 AM
yeah i guess they got to keep the show fresh somehow i suppose

but since they bought llyod in, aris been even funnier
i guess they will always a link between vince and ari where llyod is helping drama

virms
April 10th, 2007, 7:27 PM
Depends on if Ari does indeed get Vince that movie role he wants so badly. The new agent is a straight up bitch and doesn't take any shit. Vince is too high maintenance for her if you ask me. Plus you can tell Vince has a thing for her and once she rejects him she will be gone. Ari is going to have his boy back sooner than later.

Ravi
April 10th, 2007, 8:36 PM
"you americas next top model"

chotliwala
April 11th, 2007, 6:29 AM
I forgot how enjoyable this show could be. Drama was hilarious and Turtle getting the party sponsored just seemed to make total sense. I don't doubt that eventually they will have Ari and Vince get back together - hopefully they hold off on it.

Winkle van Tinkle
April 11th, 2007, 7:29 AM
Yeah, it was great. I like Ari in this new role. You can tell from the last bit though, that he's got to Vince. Vince wants that role more than anything, so it'll be hard for him not to go back to Ari if he gets him the job.

Fucking great show.

Why is this Season 3 - Part 2 though? Why not make it Season 4?

Ravi
April 11th, 2007, 9:37 AM
season 4 starts in june i think
i have no idea, i think its the same thing with the sopranos

Ravi
April 15th, 2007, 11:06 PM
Super episode tonight guys
Ari and Llyod are HILIARIOUS, who needs vince......
the sitdown scene was amazing

Sloan was totally smoking though... way more than before
Drama was awesome too, proving he was waaaaay smoother than turtle. his girl was hotter too.
fantastic ep

virms
April 16th, 2007, 3:57 AM
I thought it was an overall good episode. My favorite part was when Will Sasso was feeding Llyod and Ari covered his eyes and started freaking out. Fucking brillant :lol:

This episode also made me want to drink some Patron. Delicious.

Ravi
April 29th, 2007, 10:53 PM
todays ep was good, esp with half naked ari ahahhaaha

not really advancing on any plot though, although chuck liddell was amazing

Fro
April 30th, 2007, 2:19 AM
It advanced the plot in that Vince and his hot agent are going to get serious and this will be part of what leads him back to Ari. The show just isn't the same without all the Ari/Eric interactions. That secondary plot with Drama getting "got" was hilarious. Ari is much funnier when he's at work though - the absence of Lloyd was disappointing.

RJPunk
May 5th, 2007, 8:26 PM
Ari's wife is fucking hot.

Fro
September 7th, 2008, 11:55 PM
I'm surprised this thread is so idle. This show kicks ass.

Anyone see the season premier tonight? Not great by Entourage standards, but it set up the season ahead.

Adamy
September 8th, 2008, 1:37 AM
This show is suffering from "O.C." syndrome... everything seems either rushed or forced.

chotliwala
September 8th, 2008, 2:10 AM
Just saw it. Decent and fills in what happened in between the seasons, but basically just sets the stage for the future.

Miotch
September 8th, 2008, 2:28 PM
$79 a day...

fuck

Newf
September 9th, 2008, 8:53 AM
I used to love this show... I thought it was THE best thing on television...

Now, not so much. Don't get me wrong, I was PISSED I missed the premiere, especially after my buddy called and told it was live on Bravo AFTER it was over (used to only air live on The Movie Channel in Canada) and rushed to download it right away.

But again, like some have said, parts feel a bit rushed or forced... sometimes it feels like the actors are playing caricatures of their characters. Even past episodes and seasons on DVD don't seem to stand up to repeated watchings.

Maybe I'm just outgrowing the show but when I'm watching it now, the things I used to enjoy... the brotherly camaraderie, the macho pomp and show... and the things that really turned some against it... are the things I pick up on now. I know every characters is gonna have their certain traits but where Drama used to make me laugh now he just annoys me.

I did love Vince's beard and E's suit though, and Ari is always great. I loved that they got Roeper and Phillips, loved all the Mexico scenes. Not much else though really stood out though.

THE WHOLE Fn SHOW
September 16th, 2008, 12:21 PM
The show will always be enjoyable because Ari Gold is the funniest personality on television.

Just watched the second ep from the new season. Thought it was rather good with Ari having some great lines. The part he asks Lloyd to unplug the projector was golden along with his rants on E.

Over the years, Drama has become pretty annoying. Turtle has always been pretty annoying IMO. E is pretty meh, but its still an enjoyable show. As long as Piven is on the show and the other guys provide a good laugh here and there I will continue to watch the show.

Fro
September 16th, 2008, 12:28 PM
The first two episodes of this season have both been pretty weak. Drama's relationship is boring as hell and they need to end that storyline immediately. Hopefully we won't hear about it again and Drama will go back to hunting for ladies with Turtle, because that's pretty much both characters' bread and butter. I think the whole Vince storyline has potential, with him struggling to find a new film. E working with new clients has been pretty meh so far.

It's only been two eps though, the show has been consistently great in the past and I'm sure it will get better.

Matty C
September 16th, 2008, 1:24 PM
What season are they on now? I'm up to season 3 but haven't watched any season 3 episodes yet.

doyoulikepie
September 16th, 2008, 2:07 PM
The second episode of Season 5 has just aired.

Matty C
September 16th, 2008, 3:27 PM
Wow, I am quite behind.

I usually get a season for my birthday in November. After I get that one, I'll have to go out and get season 4.

Newf
September 16th, 2008, 8:09 PM
I actually thought episode 2 was a 100% improvement over the premiere. Vince really showed some character for the first time in... ever? I like the idea of him playing the game. Also loved that final shot of him going back into the after party though the scene played out a little too conveniently... ah well.

Loved Turtle actually using logic to get the girl and it working. Drama's a bit annoying sometimes... in that, he reminds me of that douche bag I know, way... a lot of the shit he says justs to me... but him freaking on French broad was hilarious.

Ari was great as always, and I kinda like where E's storyline is going.

Like I said, great improvement. My faith has been restored.

THE WHOLE Fn SHOW
September 22nd, 2008, 2:03 AM
Ha, drunk Drama was actually pretty hilarious this episode. Pretty good ep tonight

virms
September 23rd, 2008, 2:44 AM
To be honest the episodes haven't been that great, but I have still been looking forward to them every Sunday. Something about the show always makes me want to see it as soon as it airs.

JRSlim21
September 23rd, 2008, 7:38 PM
Ari is a legend after bitch smacking Davies. That had me dying

Fro
September 23rd, 2008, 10:37 PM
Yeah that was easily the best part of the episode.

I can't tell if Amanda is gonna fuck E over or not.

THE WHOLE Fn SHOW
September 24th, 2008, 2:22 AM
I laughed at his license plate: Ari's Ferrari
ARISFRRI I think it was

THE WHOLE Fn SHOW
October 5th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Probably one of the funniest, most enjoyable eps Ive seen of Entourage tonight. Agreed?

Hobbit
October 6th, 2008, 9:26 AM
I actually thought this was probably the poorest episode yet, but it was still good. I have a hatred of people acting stoned in films/tv shows so 30 minutes of it was never going to make me love it but Eric Roberts was a good laugh and E acting completely differently was weird yet refreshing.

Drama once again this season the greatest character in it, marginally ahead of Ari and Lloyd.

I fucking love Entourage.

THE WHOLE Fn SHOW
October 6th, 2008, 9:48 AM
Ya, I just thought it was pretty realistically portrayed and they did it for 30 minutes almost. So I liked how it was scripted. But ya, I can see the ep getting mixed opinions.

JRSlim21
October 13th, 2008, 7:56 AM
So I couldn't figure it out from the trailer for next week, but basically Ari gets 1 more shot at getting Vince into the movie.

And did everyone else also think Dom bounced on E & Vince? That scene just looked too rushed.

Hobbit
October 13th, 2008, 9:39 AM
Much better this week, a real return to form. I enjoyed Turtle merking Drama and Herc ( :hyper: )'s GTA moment, as well as Alan dying as he was a dick. It was the third moment of genuine compassion from Ari in the whole series that I remember too when he told E the news at the end, the other two moments being when he 'rescued' Lloyd from the gay bloke and when he begged the Dean for his son to go to the private school on the doorsteps. Piven is a brilliant actor and it's disgusting how he's not up there in the Hollywood elite with your Clooneys and Pitts etc, but at least he's been continually recognised for his work on the show :yes:

I did think that Dom had done a runner on Vince and E yeah, but as soon as they got to the door I just thought it would've been silly spending all that time building up his character to have him reset himself like that, but then he did something similar to set off the car chase.

I was also largely expecting Turtle to get the other assistant's number or just fuck her, maybe he still will somehow but normally in the show any attractive woman with a speaking part is usually getting porked by one of the lads sooner or later :lol:

I hope we get fully back to Ari in his element next week, with him storming around offices and ranting at people again. He's been stuck in the desert and a golf course the last two weeks and I miss his superagent-ness. It was weird seeing him slightly intimidated by Alan's anger too, something we don't usually see from Ari. Drama's last line regarding Alan's death as 'awful' was gold 'Is it bro?' ahahaha what a legend.

R Truth
October 13th, 2008, 11:22 AM
How is this season, guys? I have the 1st 2 eppys on my DVR but have not had time to watch them

Hobbit
October 13th, 2008, 3:23 PM
It's been very good, but even though we've had 6 episodes already to me it doesn't feel like it's really kicked off yet, seems like they're still padding out some little angles and are maybe working towards a massive few episodes near the end. This could be because I sprinted through the earlier seasons in one marathon stretch, I didn't download them on a weekly basis so the break I now get in between episodes is perhaps spoiling it somewhat. I would of course just resist it until the last one ends then get them in one gulp but I don't have nearly enough willpower to not watch them all, because I am a failure.

Fro
October 14th, 2008, 3:22 AM
This week's episode was easily the best of the season thus far. Thank god Drama is finally back to his regular self because him being involved with that french chick was terrible for his character and the show. In response to R Truth, this season has been a letdown so far, for me at least. The first 5 eps were pretty dull, but this week's was great so hopefully the second half of the season will be back to form.

The tripping episode sucked. E just sitting there all calm in silence? That's not how anyone acts on shrooms.

foleybumps
October 15th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Thank god Drama is finally back to his regular self because him being involved with that french chick was terrible for his character and the show.

I don't see how that was deviating from his normal character in any way.

The tripping episode sucked. E just sitting there all calm in silence? That's not how anyone acts on shrooms.

That's exactly how I acted the two times I've done it.

Hobbit
October 20th, 2008, 8:24 PM
Stunning episode that, had the perfect blend of comedy, drama and emotion. I skipped a beat when I heard Fake Plastic Trees at the end and with the scene that it overlapped it was the icing on the cake, very strange seeing Ari and Vince both clearly upset but also confused and happy for one another. I'm far too used to the show being all cool and sexy so to have an injection of emotion like that is really refreshing for it.

The way they've got Vince back in the game so to speak, potentially, is very well done and it's also great to see Alan Dale in yet another TV show that I love. What concerns me somewhat is that if Ari does take the job as the studio head and has Dana as his #2, what will happen to Lloyd? He's too good a character to just write out. In fact Ari himself will surely become half the character he is now if he's not got the superagent responsibilities, he'll be confined to an office/mansion. I'm hoping he somehow shares the position or at least stays with his old job as well but at a higher level where he can still handle Vince, it seemed like they were setting him up to quit the agency with Jeff and the Hobbit ( :cool: ) scriptwriters obviously making him want to leave.

Disappointed that Drama and Turtle did next to nothing bar stare at ridiculously fit models and banter with E but it's all they've really done for 4 years anyway let's be honest.

E and the tall girl :lol:

Getting really, really good now though it feels like the show has finally come of age at least for this season. How many eps to go until the finale?

Oh and fuck off Fro, not everyone on the planet will have the same reaction to getting high on drugs, get over it. And Drama's brief fling with the French girl only heightened his character trait of being 'all talk no walk' with women, which he has always been like, it makes him funny.

virms
October 20th, 2008, 9:00 PM
Getting really, really good now though it feels like the show has finally come of age at least for this season. How many eps to go until the finale?

Not sure. Was actually thinking about this today and checked out the listings. They are penciled in for 12, but that's how many they had last year with the writers strike affecting them. Season 3 had 20+ episodes and that is where I feel they hit their stride. Hoping for more than 12 ffs. If not, season is already more than half over. :(

Great episode though. The ending with Radiohead playing over it was spot on. Ari having feelings for one of his talents though will be his undoing in the end. He loves Vince more than his wife I reckon.

Also, Lloyd wouldn't have to go anywhere as he is a secretary. The woman wanting to be Ari's #2 would be more like an Assistant and doing part of his work, not answering the phone and taking messages.

Jeffery Tambour was fucking on target in his guest shot as well. :yes:

Fro
October 21st, 2008, 12:09 AM
What concerns me somewhat is that if Ari does take the job as the studio head and has Dana as his #2, what will happen to Lloyd? He's too good a character to just write out.

They clearly wouldn't write him out, he's got his own neon sign in the opening credits!

Even if Ari does end up taking the job, which isn't definite, it's not like Dana will be Ari's assistant. He would cunningly convince Lloyd to come with him as his assistant.

Hobbit
October 21st, 2008, 12:03 PM
Not sure. Was actually thinking about this today and checked out the listings. They are penciled in for 12, but that's how many they had last year with the writers strike affecting them. Season 3 had 20+ episodes and that is where I feel they hit their stride. Hoping for more than 12 ffs. If not, season is already more than half over. :(

12? Urgh, that's hardly any. Ah well, keeps it from going too stale by having ten thousand episodes a season I guess.

They clearly wouldn't write him out, he's got his own neon sign in the opening credits!

I usually skip the opening credits so I wouldn't know that, but yeah I just hope he stays. I'm assuming he's a popular character with the fans in general though right? I've never read anyone say he's annoying or anything, almost the opposite of Dom's reaction from the fans...

JRSlim21
October 21st, 2008, 9:44 PM
I have this feeling that if Ari took the studio job (my opinion: something will fuck up) Lloyd would take over as an agent.

Surge
October 26th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Oh, that turned out awesome.

Poor Turtle.

JRSlim21
October 26th, 2008, 11:16 PM
ONe of my best friends agrees with me. I can't think of anyone we know personally, where we would not kill a dude for fucking that up for me.

Good episode. Ari's the man! Ironically, I randomly changed the channel to Jerry Maguire right after

virms
October 27th, 2008, 1:04 AM
After tonights episode I have the feeling Lloyd is going to be the downfall of Ari. Eventually he is going to flip the fuck out about all the gay bashings and take Ari's job from him and become the ruthless agent Ari won't ever see in him.

Hobbit
October 27th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Really enjoyed that, I just wish the episodes were on for 40-odd minutes rather than 20-25, it goes so fast :(

So it seems that most loose ends have been tied up for a while, obviously leaving it that Vince has to not be shit in Smoke Jumpers to get himself going again. It was interesting to have Lloyd ask Ari about his promotion at the bar like that though, they didn't make a gag of it so perhaps Lloyd is genuinely fucked off about Ari not promoting him. He won't be Ari's downfall though as Ari is too smart for it, plus it would be shit if Ari was taken down by someone as relatively minor as Lloyd.

The thing with Meadow Soprano was pretty cool, especially her first line :lol: 'fucking cunts!' I was half expecting Turtle to punch Drama at the end when he returned from trying to make peace with her, I probably would've.

Frank Darabont! To be fair I only really like the Shawshank Redemption (even if it's bloody overrated) but it was good to see him in the show. I can't look at Josh Weinstein without thinking of him in The OC too, can't remember what the actor's name is but he's cheesy as fuck and highly amusing. Oh, just looked on IMDb and he wasn't in The OC. Character called Oliver in it that tried to bone Mischa Barton, looks like him at least.

Good stuff, 7 days to go now ffs.

Miotch
October 27th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Josh Weinstein looks nothing like Oliver, you mong.

Fro
October 27th, 2008, 1:44 PM
After a so-so start to the season, these last 3 episodes have been tremendous.

Hobbit
October 27th, 2008, 2:35 PM
Josh Weinstein looks nothing like Oliver, you mong.

From what I remember, yes he does you vapid cunt.

Miotch
October 27th, 2008, 2:55 PM
http://i36.tinypic.com/108fsyo.jpg

and

http://www.derok.net/derok/images/thegrill/the%20oc%20oliver%20trask%20taylor%20handley.jpg

OK, maybe it's closer than I thought, but it's not exactly a dead ringer there Hobbz.

Hobbit
October 27th, 2008, 4:42 PM
ahahahaa clearly the spit of one another mate. CLEARLY!

Miotch
October 27th, 2008, 5:12 PM
Other than the douchey hair style, I don't really see it.

chotliwala
October 27th, 2008, 7:14 PM
Saying Weinstein and Oliver look alike is the equivalent of saying Obama and Tiger look the same.

Really fantastic episode. My favorite of the season. This whole Vince being poor shit was getting really annoying. My favorite thing about the show is that it's just 25 minutes of debauchery and it finally felt like that again.

Hobbit
October 28th, 2008, 7:20 AM
Saying Weinstein and Oliver look alike is the equivalent of saying Obama and Tiger look the same.

:wtf: It's really not at all.

Fro
November 16th, 2008, 11:49 PM
Wow, crazy episode. I thought the drama with the director was great and am happy this season has been a constant struggle for Vince. We're so used to seeing him succeed whenever he's on set, and when he got the Smoke Jumpers part it seemed like he was back on track, but now he's at a new low. When the episode ended I figured it was the season finale but looks like there's one more. It will be interesting to see the guys back in NY.

Mister J
November 16th, 2008, 11:56 PM
Amazing. I literally logged in to this sub forum and hit the search button, started typing "Entourage" and looked down. Voila!

This season has been great. You're exactly right, seeing Vince not have everything handed to him on a silver platter has been refreshing. It's been a struggle, and I'm loving every minute of it. Plus, you see some of the other guys get fleshed out a bit, with Drama and Turtle getting some good side story lines. And last week with Seth Green, and Jamie Lynn a couple times... It just goes to show how good this show is, all around.

JRSlim21
November 17th, 2008, 2:02 AM
Turtle is a damn good friend. That's all I have to say, because anything else from the past couple of posts covered the rest already

Surge
November 17th, 2008, 12:02 PM
What I liked best is that Dana's line of "if it's any consolation, he thought you were great, and I did too." I think one of the major issues in play in this season is whether or not Vince actually has any acting talent. When Ari told him early on, in an open and honest way, "it remains to be seen", I think it shook him on some level. And Dana, in that line, provided resolution to that question, although at this point it was resolution with a tragic tinge to it since the movie got canned.

Fro
November 17th, 2008, 2:23 PM
Also, Ari's "is anyone else turned on right now?" line was classic.

Hobbit
November 17th, 2008, 9:33 PM
Well I'm relieved that the Smoke Jumpers bullshit is over with, it was dragging a bit and the German director's gimmick of 'shout in exaggerated German accent pretending to be passionate about everything' was getting very boring. I heavily enjoyed his Rammstein march into Alan Dale's meeting room, it was reminiscent of Ari's charge into Adam Davies' department when he slapped him and destroyed him a while back.

The movie's cancellation leaves Vinny et al with a nice fresh outlook. I'm assuming we'll see much more of Shawna in the next few episodes to protect Vince's image if Verner decides to try and make it look like it was all Vince's fault to save himself a bit of face. This is good as Shawna is brilliant and we've not seen her properly for ages. A nice little focus on the PR side of the industry would be very interesting and would make a refreshing little change from the high powered boardrooms and sets, for an episode or two at least.

I read on the ultra-reliable IMDb news that Turtle and Jamie-Lynn Sigler are fucking in real life too, which is sorta nice to see it onscreen and especially since it's Turtle and he's spent 5 seasons bragging about shagging women but surely must've managed about 4 in total. I like how Turtle's a far more realistic character than Drama too, but I hope the Sigler angle doesn't turn into some mushy shitfest. Mind you the way that episode ended it looks like he's fucked it up already blah blah.

Ari was again minto and his WW2 jokes were class. TAKE A BOW Piven.

Oh and to whoever said he thought that was the season finale, no, there's still like 3-4 to go.

Surge
November 17th, 2008, 9:49 PM
No, Matt, there's only one more.

Hobbit
November 17th, 2008, 9:51 PM
Oh, I read the episode guide a few week's back.

Forgot time does that thing called 'going forwards'. I blame you Surge and your big white head.

Surge
November 17th, 2008, 9:54 PM
Is it that noticeable?

Hobbit
November 17th, 2008, 10:07 PM
I can see it on Google Maps.

Hobbit
November 24th, 2008, 9:24 AM
Best episode of the season, Adrian Grenier actually acted for the first time in ages and Turtle and Drama got loads of screen time, perfect.

The Scorcese thing sets up season 6 perfectly, if they do that right it could be immense and if Scorcese gets more time as a character it could be genuinely class, unlike the German bloke for Smoke Jumpers.

The Turtle/Sigler phone sex thing cracked me up plus Turtle's mum is great. Who was that girl Vince was porking :eek: Looks familiar.

I also highly enjoyed the blink and you'll miss it cameo from Michael Phelps when E bumped into him on the street, and the fat bloke from 24 who worked at CTU with Chloe whose name I forget. Legends.

Overall a hit and miss season and the least funny of them all so far, but some good character development (notably E going up in the world considerably) and nice cameos made up for a poor showing from Drama and Turtle, and Vince was mediocre throughout.

So when's season 6 on then.

Fro
November 24th, 2008, 10:27 AM
The Scorcese thing sets up season 6 perfectly, if they do that right it could be immense and if Scorcese gets more time as a character it could be genuinely class, unlike the German bloke for Smoke Jumpers.

I highly doubt Scorsese will make any more appearances and imagine the next season starting with filming already completed. It'll probably open with a scene from the movie then focus on Vince and crew's anticipation of the release/rise back to stardom/search for his next project. Scorsese doing a run of episodes would be immense but I just don't see it happening, him being one of the top directors in Hollywood and all.

Surge
November 24th, 2008, 10:41 AM
The only thing I was disappointed by was how quickly things got sorted for E and Vince. I would have liked next season to start off with Vince in this project and having severe doubts while E pursues his own interests and is reluctant to sacrifice his other clients on Vince's behalf.

THE WHOLE Fn SHOW
November 24th, 2008, 7:35 PM
Heh, didn't even know it was the season finale. Thought it still had a few eps left.
Was a very good episode in general. First thought was that they would extend E and Vince being apart and not working together. But then they just had a nice happy ending which was fine. Good ep

son_of_foley
January 12th, 2009, 5:33 AM
Right guys. I only started into this recently so I'll avoid reading too much here because its fair enough to speak about earlier stuff without spoilers.

I'm nearly finished season 1 and have season 2 and 3 on their way as I speak. Loving it. Very very funny. Great show.

son_of_foley
January 12th, 2009, 5:34 AM
Right guys. I only started into this recently so I'll avoid reading too much here because its fair enough to speak about earlier stuff without spoilers.

I'm nearly finished season 1 and have season 2 and 3 on their way as I speak. Loving it. Very very funny. Great show.

Hobbit
January 12th, 2009, 10:56 AM
You what mate? agihg

It's great isn't it. One of the most consistent shows ever, and certainly the most consistent comedy ever, looking back at the five seasons so far only the stoner episode with Eric Roberts really jumps out at me for being not so amazing. And I think I've consistently spelt consistent wrong there too.

son_of_foley
February 12th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Nearly finished season 2. The comic-con episode was hilarious

son_of_foley
March 26th, 2009, 4:17 AM
I'm now close to finishing season 4. Thought the 3 season lulled a bit with a lack of ari and the new agent for a bit. This one has been cracking. Ari and the agency could have their own spin-off almost there's so much mileage in it and him as a character.

When does the 6th series kick off?

Marlon Dingle
March 26th, 2009, 4:21 AM
I have seen up to all of season 4. Just waiting for season 5 to come out on DVD.

son_of_foley
March 26th, 2009, 4:24 AM
I've downloaded 5 but do intend to buy it once it comes out. It will be lovely having the whole thing on dvd

Marlon Dingle
March 26th, 2009, 4:31 AM
Yeah its one of the few TV shows that has sticked with the same DVD template for every series. So each one looks roughly the same, so in the DVD collection it looks nice and TIDY!

Jimini
March 26th, 2009, 5:07 AM
From wiki.

Take it for what it's worth...

Sixth season

HBO confirmed on October 6, 2008, that Entourage has been renewed for a sixth season with filming set to begin in March 2009. The episodes are set to air Mid-2009. Gary Cole has been confirmed to be joining the cast as a regular for the new season.[14] Tom Brady will be a special guest in an episode, as well. Autumn Reeser will also appear as a new junior agent in Miller/Gold. On March 6 2009, Dan Patrick of Sports Illustrated reported on his radio show that LeBron James would also make a cameo in an episode. Actress Jami Gertz will also be joining the cast, she will play Gary Cole's wife. Aaron Sorkin recently confirmed on his Facebook Group he would be guest appearing on the show as himself.

son_of_foley
March 27th, 2009, 5:48 AM
Ok Season 4 finale question
Why did Faris sack E? Is it because he lied to her originally, but even then he was honest so that makes no sense or is it because she is romantically interested in him? obviously try not to spoil 5 for me but if anything was obvious to you watching that shout it out

Marlon Dingle
March 27th, 2009, 6:12 AM
I haven't seen series 5.
I thought she sacked him because he admitted how he felt and also told her that he was looking out for Vince more than her. So when he was honest he told it would always be like that, that he would prioritize Vince and always be on his side. I'm guessing she then didn't want to be managed by him.

son_of_foley
March 27th, 2009, 6:18 AM
I kind of got the feeling he would be leaving Vince for her soon before that.

Marlon Dingle
March 27th, 2009, 6:26 AM
I think two guys who have been friends since they were kids wouldn't split up over a girl. I think thats the main theme of the show.

son_of_foley
March 27th, 2009, 6:37 AM
I don't mean in terms of any sort of attraction but due to ambition. The overall theme for me is Hollywood corrupts so it's important to have a close knit group around you. I think the hinting of him leaving the group in search of his own success have been explicit throughout this series

son_of_foley
March 31st, 2009, 3:25 AM
Guess who is now up to speed.

Marlon Dingle
March 31st, 2009, 3:45 AM
You seen season 5? Any good? I'm just waiting for the DVD, cant be arsed downloading it.

son_of_foley
March 31st, 2009, 4:24 AM
It's amazing. I will buy it on DVD when its out but that wont be for 3 months or so

Hobbit
March 31st, 2009, 7:20 AM
You seen season 5? Any good? I'm just waiting for the DVD, cant be arsed downloading it.

ahaha ffs Dingerz just download it, it's no effort.

I'm actually quite annoyed that it's not currently on, I'm watching mostly drama at the moment and could do with some comic relief.

Been watching a lot of The Sopranos and it's weird knowing that Turtle is/was banging Meadow and also in real life. How he's done that I don't know but top work.

virms
March 31st, 2009, 1:50 PM
Been watching a lot of The Sopranos and it's weird knowing that Turtle is/was banging Meadow and also in real life. How he's done that I don't know but top work.

Me too. Just acquired all of them and that is all I have been watching. Up to season 4 episode 4 at the moment. Perhaps we should bump the Sopranos thread and just talk amongst ourselves in hope we can repair our relationship that has been damaged by your fucking Nickelback love.

son_of_foley
April 1st, 2009, 3:32 AM
Did you see about Jeremy Piven having some form of mercury poisoning due to too much sushi?

Dream-Evil
April 1st, 2009, 5:12 AM
Yeah, that came with a story about how he used that as an excuse to get out of a stage-show he was doing.

son_of_foley
April 1st, 2009, 5:36 AM
I love him.

Hobbit
April 1st, 2009, 7:46 AM
Me too. Just acquired all of them and that is all I have been watching. Up to season 4 episode 4 at the moment. Perhaps we should bump the Sopranos thread and just talk amongst ourselves in hope we can repair our relationship that has been damaged by your fucking Nickelback love.

:lol: Yeah probably should, I'm onto the last 9 episodes of season six now so when you hurry up and finish it off too it'll be good times.

On Piven's mercury poisoning thing, I didn't realise the accusations of him faking it to get out of that play were so serious, it seems he's got to attend some sort of tribunal for said claims and could get in all sorts of shit if he's bollocked for it. I find it highly unlikely he lied about it however as I saw him on Letterman I think last year plugging both the play and the then-current series of Entourage and he seemed like he was genuinely fired up for the play too, unless he was acting of course. The only thing I'm worried about is that if he's found guilty would it have any effect on the filming for season six of Entourage?

virms
July 1st, 2009, 7:38 PM
Season 6 starts July 12th :hyper:

Here is a link that has some trailers out for the series.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/NEJTDSKPQoG0NS

Looks like Vince is heading back to the big time.

Tyson
July 1st, 2009, 11:57 PM
Waiting for Season 5 to be released on DVD. :angelic:

Steve Nash to make a cameo. :hyper:

JRSlim21
July 2nd, 2009, 12:40 AM
Looks like Scorcese put him back on the map.

rockhawk84
July 2nd, 2009, 1:28 AM
Just recently got into this show on a recomendation of a friend and cant believe that I waited so long to watch it. Unfortunatly the video store I work at only has seasons 1,2 and 5 so I am starting my search to track down seasons 3 and 4 as I watch season 2. Great, great show that has me contemplating adding HBO to my satellite package just to watch it.

son_of_foley
July 2nd, 2009, 3:01 AM
Season 5 is now out on dvd Tyson or at least in North America it should be.

Fro
July 12th, 2009, 9:07 PM
back tonight.

Bert
July 12th, 2009, 11:46 PM
No single links for it yet but if you're like me and don't have HBO. :(
I'm sure there's a torrent floating around but those take too long so I don't bother with them.

MEGAUPLOAD
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CW37R370
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UX6QZE8O
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DO17161K
RAPIDSHARE
http://rapidshare.com/files/255190465/Entourage.S06E01.HDTV.XviD-NoTV.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/255190662/Entourage.S06E01.HDTV.XviD-NoTV.part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/255190411/Entourage.S06E01.HDTV.XviD-NoTV.part3.rar
HOTFILE
http://hotfile.com/dl/8446317/61f8a48/Entourage.S06E01.HDTV.XviD-NoTV.part1.rar.html
http://hotfile.com/dl/8446316/f368add/Entourage.S06E01.HDTV.XviD-NoTV.part2.rar.html
http://hotfile.com/dl/8446293/064293d/Entourage.S06E01.HDTV.XviD-NoTV.part3.rar.html

Fro
July 13th, 2009, 9:33 PM
Good ep last night. Nothing too exciting, with Vince being back to where he started the show career-wise (about to release a film that will make him a huge star). The ending with him going home to an empty house was well done. Lloyd is somewhat annoying when he's serious but that set up the season storyline between him and Ari.

radon
July 13th, 2009, 11:12 PM
I thought it was a good start episode, nothing specatacular but it wasnt designed to be. Its setting up for the rest of the season. Lloyd really annoyed me, the acting was pretty poor. Everything seemed forced.

Its good to be reminded how fucking sexy Sloan and Jamie-Lynn are.

Newf
July 14th, 2009, 3:38 AM
Sloan absolutely KILLS me... not only is Emmanuelle Chriqui SEXY as fuck, and the character she plays is just so... MMM... but looks-wise she reminds me of the most recent ex with the volume turned up to 10, and I'm TOTALLY an E in those situations. It disturbs me.

I absolutely loved the use of "Lucky Man"... Entourage is always great for their use of music, but not since "Fake Plastic Trees" by Radiohead in S05E07 or or "Change" by Blind Melon in the episode after it have I enjoyed a song selection that much.

It pissed me off, cuz I get really bothered by the show sometimes. At times it feels like a caricature of itself and the first 5 minutes were especially guilty, but by the end it almost seemed like the show had a familiar but somewhat different "feel". I liked it.

Tyson
July 14th, 2009, 9:03 PM
Sloan absolutely KILLS me... not only is Emmanuelle Chriqui SEXY as fuck, and the character she plays is just so... MMM...

Agreed. :yes:

And she's Canadian. :canada:

son_of_foley
July 15th, 2009, 3:25 AM
Solid Ep back. Nothing too outrageous. I guess they are suggesting Andrew is possibly affecting Ari's focus and drive a little.

Odd they didnt mention Vinces g/f from queens. Thought it looked nailed on she would be in this season...

BlackShadow215
July 16th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Good to see Entourage get a Best Comedy Series nod at the Emmys. The same as a nomination for Kevin Dillon, a little shocked to see the three time defending champ Jeremy Piven snubbed.

radon
July 16th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Dillon had a solid season 5, and had been building well for years. Well overdue for a nomination.

Newf
July 20th, 2009, 8:07 PM
Great episode. Sloan continues to kill me. Fuck she's absolutely delightful. I like Drama when he's not overbearing. This was a good example, episode 1 was an example of him annoying me. Not quite sure the difference, I'm sure it's only subtleties but still, I enjoyed him much more in this episode.

Loved the last few minutes of the episode especially.

Fro
July 20th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Agreed, great ep last night. E and Sloan has been done but it's still fun to watch mainly because she's insanely sexy and likable, as you said. The stuff with Lumberg is interesting enough, and I like the woman who plays his wife (from Still Standing).

It'll be nice to see Vince and E in Ari's office again as their encounters are the bread and butter of the show, but so far so good.

radon
July 21st, 2009, 12:33 AM
I disagree. I thought it was poor. Seems too much like male sex and the city 'oh have a relationship blah blah'. Only progression was E not being a pussy and Ari being a pussy. Interested to see where it goes but just, i didnt like it.

son_of_foley
July 21st, 2009, 4:03 AM
I enjoyed it. Ari is going to knock Andrew the fuck out.

I'm hoping the new young agent tries it on with Vinny, Andrew gets jealous and tries to fuck with Vinnys career. BANG RIGHT HAND TO THE JAW

Turtle is prob my fav of the group now.

Hobbit
July 21st, 2009, 6:17 AM
Better episode than the first, mainly down to more DRAMA in this one. You can sense a massive fight between Ari and Andrew coming up too which'll be good, it wouldn't surprise me if Andrew's fucked up a few things as well and has even lied to Ari about getting certain deals. I don't blame him in the slightest for having the affair with Autumn 'TAYLOR TOWNSEND' Reeser either, she is magnificent and better than Chriquqiruruiue :cool:

I'd like Vince to have a meltdown soon too and to see some footage of Gatsby like we had with most of his previous work. It feels like we've missed something massive and it's a bit irritating, but it's only episode 2 so I'm sure that'll correct itself in due course.

Also, Turtle must've been hitting the gym a lot jesus christ he looks like he's lost about 5 stone between seasons fair play. Meadow probably told him tbf.

son_of_foley
July 21st, 2009, 6:21 AM
He has lost a lot of weight. He's my new hero

Hobbit
July 21st, 2009, 6:40 AM
Why don't you just marry him then mate.

son_of_foley
July 21st, 2009, 6:45 AM
It's not legal in California.

YUS

TOPICAL

son_of_foley
July 21st, 2009, 6:45 AM
I guess we could always go to QUEENS boulevard. AMIRITE

Hobbit
July 21st, 2009, 10:25 AM
http://img331.imageshack.us/img331/5258/yellowbelt8iy.gif

virms
July 21st, 2009, 11:06 AM
Also, Turtle must've been hitting the gym a lot jesus christ he looks like he's lost about 5 stone between seasons fair play. Meadow probably told him tbf.

Yeah, he was on Conan a couple of weeks ago talking about losing quite a bit of weight. Said he hated hitting the gym by knew he had to do it. He also talks about how he cheats on his diet and sets up nights all by himself where he will get a couple of movies and eat a whole pizza :lol:

son_of_foley
July 21st, 2009, 11:08 AM
I wish I had the intelligence to do that

son_of_foley
July 22nd, 2009, 9:25 AM
I see a few Seth Rogen fans are getting a bit upset about last weeks episode. I assumed it was some sort of injoke about Turtle getting Meadow Soprano etc

son_of_foley
July 22nd, 2009, 9:41 AM
Taken from thesuperficial:

After his unlikely romance with Katherine Heigl in Knocked Up was the subject of intense skewering on Sunday's episode of Entourage, Seth Rogen let E!'s Daily 10 know he thinks the show's creater Doug Ellin is a moron:

"Yeah, those guys are assholes. I actually ran into Matt ... Kevin Dillon in a Starbucks. And he's like 'You know, I've got to kind of apologize because apparently the guy who created our show doesn't like you so much.' And I said 'Well, I have reason to believe because I think [showrunner] Doug Ellin is a moron from all I can understand so it makes sense he doesn't like me.' And I've kind of said some disparaging things about the show. Although in our defense, [producer] Mark Wahlberg called us misogynistic in an interview, so I think they kind of started that.
It's on. Luckily I never have and never plan on watching Entourage."

I kind of expected a snappier comeback from Seth Rogen besides "Yeah, well, I'm never watching their show." Unless he knows something about premium cable ratings that I don't. Is there a highly profitable Seth Rogen demographic I'm unaware of?

virms
July 22nd, 2009, 9:51 AM
The stoner crowd.

son_of_foley
July 22nd, 2009, 9:55 AM
That was all from the superficial I had no input to it just found it quite funny unlike KNOCKED UP.

JAM

Fro
July 22nd, 2009, 9:59 AM
Lol. They were pretty harsh on Rogen tbh. If he was a friend of the show it'd be one thing but for them to put that in the script with real disdain for the guy is pretty dickish.

Hobbit
July 22nd, 2009, 11:14 AM
I loved Knocked Up. Although it's a bit strong, Rogen should laugh at himself for being the fat mess he is.

ReDPath
July 23rd, 2009, 7:48 AM
Im sorta torn on this.

On one hand I believe Rogen to be completely overexposed. He is hollywood's new 'it' comedy guy that they are using to milk for big box office. The shelf life of a guy in that role is not long unless they reinvent themselves. Many of them lately have fallen from the tree.

Jim Carrey - some absolute classics in the 90s but largely too wacky for any other role.
David Spade - NOTHING without Chris Farley
Adam Sandler - much like Carrey, some classics in the 90s and outside of Click I don't think he's done a good film this decade.
The Will Farrell crew - IMO none of them are funny.

Now on the flip side of Rogen being overexposed is this. I think its all fair game to make fun of guys but it seems like its been a big campaign by certain people in hollywood to make fun of the guy because he's mediocre looking but is successful. Really it's a bad, shallow double standard.

If your beautiful or good looking = nothing wrong with you but if your mediocre and successful your lucky and deserve criticism from other people out there? Granted im not a big fan of Rogen but I do feel its a bad double standard.

The guy makes money, makes hit films money wise and probably gets laid more than most people who find the need out there to crucify the guy. I call that success.

Fro
July 23rd, 2009, 9:25 AM
I don't think Jim Carey should be in that category since he's done some tremendous films in more than just the comedic genre (Man on the Moon, Truman Show, Eternal Sunshine).

I like Seth Rogen even though he's not much of an actor. It's not that he can't act (he was good in Knocked Up), he just plays the same character again and again - himself, the lovable goofball nice guy stoner. But you also need to consider that he co-wrote Superbad and Pineapple Express, both of which are great.

Anyway getting back to Entourage, I don't care that they dissed Rogen but the bit wasn't particularly funny, and considering Turtle isn't a good looking guy himself it didn't make a lot of sense. I'd like to see Rogen fire back at them in his next movie. I can enjoy a good hollywood fued when it's between two entities I'm a fan of.

son_of_foley
July 23rd, 2009, 9:39 AM
Apparentley this all stems from Rogen having a pilot he wrote rejected by HBO around the time of Entourage getting a pilot. The gist of his show

"4 Guys living in Hollywood stuggling to get by on small jobs as they're too busy smoking weed and partying" or something similar

He made some comments around the time this season was being written saying he was stunned in seeing Entourage on tv and it made him doubt himself. I'm paraphrasing here but something akin to

"It makes you doubt yourself as these guys dont find what I wrote funny but they like this? "

So if that's the case he took a shot first.

Curly Toe
July 27th, 2009, 5:03 PM
Right I had only seen Seasons 1 and 2 before Wedneday and I am now completely caught up.

It's far too addictive.

Fro
July 28th, 2009, 4:22 PM
Fuckin E. I was thinking FINALLY we get to see him with a girl who he's not in love with, who he even dislikes, and we'll get to see him tell her off for being a stupid bitch. Then he goes and falls for her LIKE ALWAYS. Damn it.

Still a good ep though. Turtle going back to school will be a fun storyline. Charlie getting canned and E dealing with it was cool, but I was a little miffed that they didn't show Charlie getting the bad news, since that's what the storyline seemed to be leading up to. I'm glad they're not pushing the new characters (Charlie, Meadow Soprano, Lumberg) down our throats. They're good in small doses - even Bow Wow, who I generally hate, is really likable.

Billy Jones
July 28th, 2009, 4:25 PM
I want to be Turtle on Turtle's birthday.

Guy
July 28th, 2009, 4:43 PM
I watched the first two episodes of this the other day, and besides Jeremy Piven, who's awesome, I disliked every main member of the cast.

Should I keep watching?

Billy Jones
July 28th, 2009, 4:53 PM
YES.

In short, the first few episodes were uncomfortable really. Eric, in particular, was terrible and uninteresting in his role. Ari was the only serviceable actor on the show.

But as the first season comes to a close and you get into season two, it gets increasingly better.

Guy
July 28th, 2009, 5:23 PM
I actually found Eric to be the only character that was watchable and didn't come off as a dickhead

Billy Jones
July 28th, 2009, 5:29 PM
Let me rephrase that. The actor playing E was terrible in his role.

Tyson
July 28th, 2009, 10:55 PM
I watched the first two episodes of this the other day, and besides Jeremy Piven, who's awesome, I disliked every main member of the cast.

Should I keep watching?

Yes, you should. :yes:

You shouldn't judge it based on merely the first two eps. Keep going bro. :beer:

Hobbit
July 29th, 2009, 7:10 AM
I thought this week's ep was pretty shit to be honest. I liked how Charlie (E's client is called Charlie isn't he? good) was given shite reviews because my god he annoys me, terrible character shit actor.

It's interesting how they're giving Turtle so much time but for me I'd rather it was like normal where he contributes fuck all other than gags about smoking weed and cheap shots at Drama. What happens in the next few weeks will be massive for him as a character imo, I hope they don't have his school career as a huge plot point. A few minutes per ep on it fine, but no more. What I'd like to see most is Drama failing a bit and Vince perhaps blaming himself for being complacent or some other bullshit reason and falling into an Amy Winehouse-style downward spiral of drug abuse and DUIs, with E and Ari going bonkers over him for doing so. What we've got at the moment with Vince and Drama both enjoying success is watchable but it feels like it's winding down a bit, and at worst getting very stale.

And Blood, you'll learn to love Drama and possibly Turtle, E and Vince seem to split a lot of people however.

Guy
July 29th, 2009, 7:22 AM
Come on then SOF, sell it

What I took from the first few episodes was 4 guys, all of which talk like 4 mini Wahlbergs, sit around get stoned, call each other pussies, fuck a few models at some parties and/or talk about fucking a few models at some parties.

Vince's complete lack of responsibility or decision making just outright annoyed me, I wanted someone to slap him. E was the only character that didn't annoy me in some way or other. Piven was a magnificent asshole

Now I know that this is the whole point of the show (superficial people starting out in LA/Hollywood), so I'm not saying it was shit, just that from what I saw of it, it wasn't my cup of tea. Does it change much?

I mean I'm happy to give it another go around, but I need something a bit more telling than "it gets better", because I'm a bit fuzzy on what people mean by "better".

Fro
July 29th, 2009, 9:28 AM
Besides the superficial stuff you described, the show focuses on what the industry is like for an up and coming actor... picking a project, trying to win over producers, getting along with directors, getting good/bad reviews, money management, etc etc. If that sort of thing interests you, you should definitely keep going.

Newf
July 30th, 2009, 2:46 AM
"... well then maybe you're a racist."
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/5015/racist.gif

BlackShadow215
July 30th, 2009, 11:19 AM
E has definitely grown as the seasons have gone on. At first he was such a little tool who thought he was hot shit. But as the seasons have gone on, he's finally giving up on the whole Napoleon complex and is a lot more relaxed.

As far as the whole Entourage/Rogen feud, I think its kind of funny. I mean Seth Rogen was great in 40-year old virgin, and has wrote some decent movies. But as an actor, I think his whole personna has gotten old very quickly. I mean Zach and Miri Make a Porno was absolutely shit. Haven't seen Observe and Report yet and don't really have much of an interest in seeing Funny People.

I guess a lot of it has to do with him doing 3-4 movies a year it seems, so his type of humor has gotten really and annoying quickly, kudos to him for striking the iron while its hot, but at the same time its already to the point of overkill.

son_of_foley
August 3rd, 2009, 4:16 AM
Loved that episode from last week. Should watch this weeks tonight.

Turtles Birthday was brilliant.

Ari is so much a father-figure to them all it's ridiculous.

Love it.

Hobbit
August 7th, 2009, 1:25 PM
Much better this week. I had no idea David Schwimmer was in it this year so for him to pop up for seemingly a recurring role is a nice surprise. Quite where they're going with that little plot I don't know but if they play it right it could be incredible. Ari seemed oddly sidelined when Schwimmer was about too, I wonder if that'll change much.

We still need more Vince action. The poignant moments of him sitting in some massive house alone and realising his friends are moving on are nice and everything but I'd like like a good few eps of him progressing with his own career, not just E saying 'yeah Vince is doing well...anyway about me' all the time.

Drama's current plot is a bit odd-feeling too but I can't put a finger on why. Sounds morbid but he needs a bit of failure. As I've said before, the show is on autopilot at the moment with their professional lives doing well leaving the only real interest on the show for their love lives, it's a bit boring.

With this improved episode however I expect it to pick itself up even more next and carry on upwards.

And can we have much more of Reeser please as she is delish. Less of E's new squeeze too. Annoying as shit.

StevieV
August 9th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Just watched all of this. Enjoyed it but to use a complete dickhead of a term its probably "jumped the shark".

Still enjoyable but no where near as much as the first couple of seasons.

Fro
August 9th, 2009, 10:56 PM
Tonight's episode sucked. I've been enjoying this season for the most part but it's definitely lacking a major storyline or conflict and getting boring.

EdgeHead469
August 9th, 2009, 11:39 PM
The Tom Brady bit was decent with Turtle, as was Drama breaking the club. Other than that, ugh.

Hobbit
August 10th, 2009, 8:24 AM
Another flat episode, this is getting pretty annoying now. The sparring between E and Sloan, Ari and everyone and Drama's general arsehole behaviour is getting so boring, they need something or someone to refresh it so much. There were some decent bits with Wahlberg and co baiting Drama as he failed with the golf, but as I say the stuff with E and the will he/won't he get back to fucking Sloan is so, so shit. Who the fuck is Tom Brady anyway? I know he's married to Gisele but what sport does he play? Can't be bothered to find out myself tbh.

If you think back to earlier seasons and even the somewhat marmite character of Billy Walsh, it's amazing how far the show has slipped off. This season has almost completely ignored Vince, whereas the last 5 years have been completely centered on him and how his career choices and success and failure have affected the others, now he's just cruising along 'getting paid $4m to voice a dog' but we don't see anything.

I'll watch the rest of the season but if it doesn't improve I'll not bother with the next one. Massive shame, I really hope it picks up.

*edit - yeah just found out who Tom Brady is, I think I did know actually, must've been confusing him with other people or something. Rugby with pads etc

ReDPath
August 10th, 2009, 8:34 AM
I've been reading here and there with many saying the show is nowhere near as good as it was in the earlier seasons. Since I just sorta started watching the show I have no basis for comparison but I would say that by and large is that not true that most shows lose steam the further they go?

Far as the episode last night. I liked it, it was cool to see a cameo from Brady and Wahlberg but I would say it does seem the focus is on E a bit.

son_of_foley
August 10th, 2009, 8:44 AM
I'm watching it tonight. I think it's just setting the scene there's what 17 more eps or something planned this season. The conflict will start but at the minute it's feel good bubblegum tv

Surge
August 10th, 2009, 1:37 PM
Another flat episode, this is getting pretty annoying now. The sparring between E and Sloan, Ari and everyone and Drama's general arsehole behaviour is getting so boring, they need something or someone to refresh it so much. There were some decent bits with Wahlberg and co baiting Drama as he failed with the golf, but as I say the stuff with E and the will he/won't he get back to fucking Sloan is so, so shit. Who the fuck is Tom Brady anyway? I know he's married to Gisele but what sport does he play? Can't be bothered to find out myself tbh.

If you think back to earlier seasons and even the somewhat marmite character of Billy Walsh, it's amazing how far the show has slipped off. This season has almost completely ignored Vince, whereas the last 5 years have been completely centered on him and how his career choices and success and failure have affected the others, now he's just cruising along 'getting paid $4m to voice a dog' but we don't see anything.

I'll watch the rest of the season but if it doesn't improve I'll not bother with the next one. Massive shame, I really hope it picks up.

*edit - yeah just found out who Tom Brady is, I think I did know actually, must've been confusing him with other people or something. Rugby with pads etc

Tom Brady plays for the New England Patriots (football team). About two seasons ago, they had the perfect season, 18-0, and they were widely considered one of the best football teams in history. They also appeared to be cunts that took no joy in play, and possibly spied on other teams. However, they faced the New York Giants in the Superbowl. The New York Giants had a record of 12-4 or something like that, but had lost at their previous meeting against the Patriots. Due to a few remarkable plays by the Giants (who had Eli Manning, Peyton Manning's younger brother, as quarterback), the Patriots season ended 18-1 when the Giants won the Superbowl. The onion had an article which was basically 100 percent accurate in it being the most perfect thing that could've happened. This perfect, arrogant, cuntish teams get beaten by an imperfect underdog and wins one for th ecommon man. That's the history.

Fro
August 10th, 2009, 1:43 PM
Brady can't act and was shit in this episode. Ari's storyline with whoever that was (who the hell was that seriously?) was god awful. E with the guy from Just Shoot Me was pretty interesting until it got SLOANIFIED, then it went to shit. I was hoping E would take the job so we'd get a little fish in a big pond storyline with him adapting to working for a big company, but nah.

Mark Wahlberg was the only thing good about the ep, but they didn't give him enough good lines.

Hobbit
August 10th, 2009, 1:54 PM
Tom Brady plays for the New England Patriots (football team). About two seasons ago, they had the perfect season, 18-0, and they were widely considered one of the best football teams in history. They also appeared to be cunts that took no joy in play, and possibly spied on other teams. However, they faced the New York Giants in the Superbowl. The New York Giants had a record of 12-4 or something like that, but had lost at their previous meeting against the Patriots. Due to a few remarkable plays by the Giants (who had Eli Manning, Peyton Manning's younger brother, as quarterback), the Patriots season ended 18-1 when the Giants won the Superbowl. The onion had an article which was basically 100 percent accurate in it being the most perfect thing that could've happened. This perfect, arrogant, cuntish teams get beaten by an imperfect underdog and wins one for th ecommon man. That's the history.

Thanks but I did say in that edit that was in your quote that I found out anyway, so none of that was needed but yeah, cheers.

Indeed Fro, the potential storyline of E being the big fish in a small pond would've been great but alas it's not to be at the moment. Really annoyed about that actually.

virms
August 10th, 2009, 4:50 PM
Ari's storyline with whoever that was (who the hell was that seriously?) was god awful.

His hame is Jeffrey Tambor and he is probably best known for playing George Bluth Sr. on Arrested Development and then Hank Kingsly on The Larry Sanders Show. Both fantastic characters. He's been in a bunch of movies in bit roles. I think he most recent was The Hangover.

Doubt we will see much of him on the show but he is a funny man when he gets to sink his teeth into something.

THE WHOLE Fn SHOW
August 11th, 2009, 6:05 AM
Brady was indeed brutal, I don't believe he showed any emotion during the whole thing. I usually don't bash Entourage episodes because after a while you know what your going to get and usually Piven satisfies my needs, but this ep. was god awful.

For one, was it not cut short? I think the ep ended after like 20 minutes. There was no interest in any of the golf pairings, Drama whining throughout overshadowed the guest appearances and made their scenes very annoying, Piven & E's pairings were even more dull. Finally, I love seeing Sloan but I can never believe in my mind (even as fiction)the E-Sloan relationship. Seeing it just isn't right, apparently E continues to impress the ladies with his one-line responses and keeps reeling the girls back to him. Cmon, I really don't care, end this love triangle ASAP. Turn back the spotlight to Vince and Ari.

Hobbit
August 11th, 2009, 6:16 AM
The episode was 21:20, which is a pisstake. Entourage has had many episodes lately that are short and I think there were a few back in the first season that were around the 20 minute mark, but I'd like it to become a more consistant 30 minute show instead. Having something last for only 20 minutes eliminates any momentum and thus a great deal of many people's enjoyment, it's really crap. I'm aware that a lot of eps of The Office are similarly short but that gets away with it being a different style of show, Entourage needs a good half hour I think to invest in the episode and build on the storylines.

son_of_foley
August 11th, 2009, 6:20 AM
It's normally around 24/25 minutes but I'm assuming that's due to ads?

Hobbit
August 11th, 2009, 7:29 AM
Yeah Lloyd's gay mate but he's not necessarily got aids

son_of_foley
August 11th, 2009, 7:31 AM
I meant E's new girlfriend it would explain the weight issues

son_of_foley
August 11th, 2009, 7:32 AM
Did I mention that I hate her face?

virms
August 11th, 2009, 8:20 AM
I am slowly liking E's new woman but I hope there is some sort of Misery maniac behind her at some point. Would love to see her go mental but it looks as though E will blow it with her. :no:

Turtle's turn was shit. He was so hardcore about telling Brady to suck his balls but then one mention of hanging out with him and his woman and Turtle is in mad love :wtf: Bit much.

The fact that Ari's brief bits with his wife were the highlight of the show is a bit saddening. Really hope they turn this shit around real fucking quick.

son_of_foley
August 11th, 2009, 8:33 AM
Virm in likes the look of YOUNG LOOKING GIRLS shocker

virms
August 11th, 2009, 8:36 AM
She actually looks like she evolved from a frog.

son_of_foley
August 11th, 2009, 8:39 AM
She's a shit version of lilly cole

Hobbit
August 11th, 2009, 10:15 AM
She gets her bits out in that Bill Murray film Broken Flowers. She was also in that INVASION thing a few years back looking about FOUR.

son_of_foley
August 12th, 2009, 4:57 AM
I'm getting destroyed for this but I enjoyed last nights episode.

Turtles turn about when Giselle mentioned was funny.
Ari hitting Lloyd was funny.
That guy Ari was playing with has been in his office before annoying him.

I don't mind things being good for them at the minute the past 2 seasons has been them struggling. Normally the struggle starts just when they get complacement (Mandy Moore in Aquaman, Studio switching bait with Aquaman2 and Medellien, it all flopping, smokejumpers falling to shit)

I think we'll see E struggle along on his way and then Vince will probably be in a situation were he has to fix something himself. The last series finished abruptly in my eyes and the trouble between them was sorted very quickly but for any struggles to mean something again they need to have the high life for a while.

Guesses at storylines

Andrew Klein trys to fuck Ari out of the Agency somehow
Ari and E go into business together
Vince has a crash making the Ferrari film
Drama loses his tv show

Fro
August 12th, 2009, 9:00 AM
E working for Ari is an excellent idea. E needs to get a job in a big agency so he's not sitting around all day whining about Sloan, and working for Ari would make perfect sense as it would allow them to keep fighting with each other. Drama's show should definitely get canned, and Lloyd's training time should end so that Lloyd can be Drama's agent helping him look for a new gig (unsuccessfully). With Vince... I'm not sure why they gave him his next project so quickly since he, E and Ari deciding on one is the bread and butter of the show, but they need to at least get him on the set soon so he's doing SOMETHING.

Nothing is happening on this show right now, and if this was a 20-episode season I might say ok, this is the inbetween time with a few filler eps, no problem. But the season is only 11 eps! We're just about half way. Get to the freakin point already.

son_of_foley
August 12th, 2009, 9:03 AM
Okay I didn't realise we had an 11 ep season. embarrassed.

I guess the dog thing is the same one they were roughly talking about when they went out to the desert to get high on shrooms?

Fro
August 12th, 2009, 9:21 AM
Correction 12 eps. We're 5 in and what's happened plotwise? Turtle got a GF, E shut down his business and Ari's friend had an affair.

And correct me if I'm wrong but Vince and E haven't even been in Ari's office yet... boo.

son_of_foley
August 12th, 2009, 9:22 AM
I thought we had like 20. I'm upset now.

Hobbit
August 12th, 2009, 1:53 PM
12 episodes? That's pathetic. DO SOMETHING.

Fro
August 17th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Better ep last night. While it's still frustrating that Vince has been doing NOTHING for half the season and still hasn't been in Ari's office (Ari is completely disjointed from the boys storyline wise), there were some good things beginning. Drama clashing with his boss likely leading to his firing and E going to work for the agency are two good changes in the show that should make it a bit more interesting the rest of the way.

Hobbit
August 17th, 2009, 4:27 PM
Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better.

I liked the idea of Drama shooting himself in the foot through his relentless loyalty towards his mates, mainly as it'll make Drama a bit of a loser again and he's best when it's all gone tits up for him. The perfect amount of time was spent on Turtle's college stuff, ie minimal and I was ok with Vince once again having a small role as E's relationship with Ashley looks over for good which we can all rejoice about. Vince's bird was :eek: too.

I thought Ari was brilliant too with his handling of the situation with Klein and Autumn Reeser. From the moment Klein was introduced even Stevie Wonder could've told you it was going to end in tears, so for it to look it has indeed finished it's both a bit of a relief (through risk of stagnating that storyline) and just fairly solid writing.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with E and this new job. I'd like to see him excel at it and possibly even rival Ari in the near future and have Vince have to maybe consider choosing between the two, but such a radical change to the show's dynamics would be potentially devastating and they'd have to get it spot on or it would kill it.

I thought 'Steve Nash' was the wrestler Steve Nash and I thought christ he's changed :lol: :$

Tyson
August 17th, 2009, 10:40 PM
How was Steve Nash?

Steve Nash = Canadian athletic icon :beer:

son_of_foley
August 18th, 2009, 4:57 AM
He was very brief.

Ashley to commit suicide hopefully.

Anyone else half convinced this sex tape Vince made is going to have a big impact. Perhaps this girl isn't the age she might have looked?

radon
August 18th, 2009, 7:32 AM
she was at college though?

still quite boring episode.

son_of_foley
August 18th, 2009, 8:21 AM
Yeah I don't know how the american system works if she could've still been 17 or something possibly not

Canuck
August 18th, 2009, 8:34 AM
First semester she could have been 17 :\

Fro
August 18th, 2009, 9:26 AM
I seriously doubt they're going the statutory route fellas. lol

son_of_foley
August 18th, 2009, 9:34 AM
It would be quite funny

ReDPath
August 18th, 2009, 9:51 AM
Much better episode because more happened.

Drama's drama

E/Ashley over with and E's new offer.

Ari dealing with the crisis at the agency.

The possibility of that sex tape later on down the road.

Turtle in college.

radon
August 18th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Uh much better episode in comparison to the season so far is what i hope you meant. This season is rubbish overall so far.

Shadowless Films
August 19th, 2009, 4:29 PM
I don't have HBO so I am old school with renting or buying the dvds. I just finished up with season 5, it was pretty good. I have yet to see any of season 6 but from what I am reading I am concerned.

My question to all of the fans out there, how would you rank the seasons? From best to worse?

Hobbit
August 19th, 2009, 5:13 PM
1st - short at 8 episodes but it set the characters up well and was fairly solid. A decent start.

2nd - probably my second favourite season so far. It had some of the best episodes, best guest starring characters and the whole Aquaman thing propelling Vince to superstardom was good fun to watch. I can't remember any filler episodes from it, at least none that felt like filler.

3rd - for me it's the best season. There's a character called Billy Walsh who seems to divide fans right down the middle but I love him, he's obviously a massive twat but he's very entertaining and shakes up the main group very well, which I felt gave the show a huge boost (not that it needed one at the time, it was just a bonus). The third season's in two parts too but if you're acquiring them via DVDs or whatever then it's just like one long season, but much like season 2 there's very little if any filler.

4th - i seem to remember this season as being largely based around one plotline, with hardly any attention given to much else besides Vince's career and the effects Walsh has on people, particularly Eric. I don't want to give much away but the finale is great, though I was getting a little bored with Drama's love life by the end of it all, you'll see what I mean when you get there.

You've seen the others, but with them included I'd say: 3 > 2 > 4 > 1 > 5 >>>>>>>> 6

Dream-Evil
August 24th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Better ep. Will be interesting to see how E goes working with Scott. Also, what will happen to Drama on his show. Make him gay perhaps? Hahaha. Sadly, it didn't have enough Ari.

Hobbit
August 25th, 2009, 2:56 PM
Yeah I think either Drama is going to have a gay scene or he'll be made to have a really intense sex scene with Jamie-Lynn, which might strain his friendship with Turtle. The gay angle is more likely however as Drama is always so determined to prove how macho he is etc. It might just be a quick man to man kiss and not a full-on gay sex scene, depends what EDDIE wants to do with Drama's character on the show.

It was another good episode overall, I enjoyed the scenes with Scott Caan even though he's a ginormous tit, and Kate Mara making an appearance as E's new secretary was interesting. I don't know if I rate her to be honest, odd face. Bob Sagat's girl in the meeting was amazing though.

One thing I'm really looking forward to now is when Vince starts work on the Ferrari film. We've had some dry, boring bollocks stuff with E's personal and professional lives and even Turtle's development too, but it does feel like it's waking up a bit now with Drama shooting himself in the foot and E seemingly entering into a great little feud with Scott.

My guess on who broke into Vince's house - girl who he did the sextape with, unless that was her he was in bed with at the start, I only really saw her tits and hair. Would make a lot of sense though, stealing underwear to show people it's really Vince in the tape perhaps if it isn't obvious enough. Maybe it's no-one and it's just them being paranoid through a lack of Vince not working.

Could do with a lot more Ari now, he's done fuck all other than play counsellor to his employees for a few episodes.

TheGreatest
August 25th, 2009, 6:11 PM
my guess for who broke into vince's house is that chick from season 1. the one who turtle took bowling.

Hobbit
August 31st, 2009, 10:30 AM
Damn, back to the shite with E and his love life :no:

Really forgettable episode bar the car into house bit and the general presence of Peter Stormare. I was disappointed to not have some instant ramifications of Drama's fuck up with the exec too I'd have liked some hints as to what's in store for his character in his show, but I guess that'll come soon.

With any luck E's love life will now be relatively stable with Ashley so that we don't have scene after scene of him on the phone to Sloan being awkward and more 'banter' amongst the guys about it as it's got so incredibly shit.

ReDPath
August 31st, 2009, 11:42 AM
Good episode because of the chaos involved IMO.

Hopefully E keeps its real and settles on one chick.

The car bit was great as is the whole Andrew crisis. Most entertaining part of the show and the stalker stuff is good.

Fro
August 31st, 2009, 2:12 PM
I thought last night's ep was a big step backwards. The security at the house stuff bored me to tears. Andrew's ongoing domestic problems are getting old, as is E's love triangle.

I'm now convinced Ari will have nothing to do with Vince all season, which is a shame.

radon
September 1st, 2009, 11:32 PM
Good episode because of the chaos involved IMO.

Hopefully E keeps its real and settles on one chick.

The car bit was great as is the whole Andrew crisis. Most entertaining part of the show and the stalker stuff is good.

What? It was SHIT.

Nothing is HAPPENING. Its so boring - what happened with Drama and his boss? TOTALLY FORGOTTEN after one episode?!

After I watched it I turned on the TV - Episode 1 of Season 1 was starting up. Even though it is probably my 4th favourite season, it still was 100x better than what is currently showing.

Hobbit
September 2nd, 2009, 6:46 AM
Nothing is HAPPENING. Its so boring - what happened with Drama and his boss? TOTALLY FORGOTTEN after one episode?!

Given the current speed of the show, I think it's a little harsh to give it just one episode for expecting the results of Drama's little incident. I was irritated too but you've got to realise, like it or not, that this season is the slowest thing ever so patience is required for storylines like that.

radon
September 2nd, 2009, 6:51 AM
Its had 8 episodes to do something

Nothing has happened all season. Unless you count 'possibly having a stalker' 'andrews marriage breaking down' and 'a golf lesson with Wahlberg' has things happening. Its taken way to long for shit to come about.

Every episode of most other seasons you are left wondering 'oh shit whats going to happen now' etc, now im left with 'wow what relationship advice will they give next week'. Its depressing how far it has fallen in ONE season.

Everything that has happened in 8 episodes could have happened in 2-3. Its dragged out to a point where it isnt enjoyable to watch.

Hobbit
September 2nd, 2009, 7:04 AM
Yeah it's very disappointing. The fact that Vince's Ferrari film was delayed for 12 weeks or whatever it was was a real omen and has so far summed up the season. It's all been about E and I don't think ANYONE gives a shit about E's love life and never really did before anyway.

Ari's been restricted to relationship counselling too for some more people we don't care about which infuriates me. The writer's need sorting out for next season, maybe a punch in the face would suffice.

radon
September 2nd, 2009, 7:31 AM
I would be happy to dish it out.

I honestly dont think I have laughed at Ari at all this season, whereas in previous seasons I would be in fits over something that wasnt even that funny... he just seems like a little bitch now.

Only bit I moderately liked so far this season was E calling that bird a racist and Drama trying to get his job back..

Very very disappointing :(

ReDPath
September 2nd, 2009, 12:24 PM
This is the first season I've watched because beforehand the show looked pretty by the numbers to me but ever since I started watching I got hooked so I guess it comes down to two things.

1. Im a new fan, I've enjoyed what I've seen and I'll have to check out earlier seasons when the time comes to get a better comparison.

2. The show like any other show has changed with time and no show stays top notch forever in terms of writing. With this I have no basis for comparison having not seen earlier seasons however im generalizing any other show out there in history that typically dives for hardcore fans as the seasons go on.

With that said, if it were cancelled after next season. So be it I suppose. I enjoy Big Love, they took some big risks this past season and I look forward to season 4. In Treatment I also enjoy but I read it got axed, if so that blows.

JRSlim21
September 2nd, 2009, 12:45 PM
Maybe these writers work for McMahon and they're all giving everyone slow builds....

I don't have a problem with what's been going on in these episodes. They're probably focusing on the drama part of dramedy. I also don't mind them not focusing on the Drama situation for an episode (it's not forgotten, it's just reason to make you watch next time). They forgot about Andrew for an episode, and then we got him closing Sorkin.

Besides... they got Kate Mara on the show. And as a loyal supporter of my Jints, epic win!

EDIT: After reading Wikipedia and the previews of the next set of episodes, things are about to get real interesting...

Davies offers Lloyd a job after Ari steals a client.
Ashley steps up her stalker game.
Ari fights for Drama to get him out of the show.
And Terrence is back!

virms
September 6th, 2009, 8:32 PM
Another shit episode from last week. Things do tend to be looking up from preview I have read. Hopefully the last 5 or 6 can make up for the rest of the shit season.

Fro
September 14th, 2009, 4:38 PM
So the boring stalker/security storyline went nowhere, E's girl is increasingly annoying and not that hot, and Lloyd finally got the offer he should have gotten at the start of the season.

Ari/Davies/Zac Efron was good, the rest was shit.

Piss poor season continues with only 3 eps left. Vince hasn't done anything career-wise, E isn't even working anymore, and both have yet to be in Ari's office all season. So weak.

JRSlim21
September 14th, 2009, 4:43 PM
E brought in Bob Saget so far at his job. The movie Vince is supposed to be filming is about to end its hiatus. Both are reasons for them not to hang with Ari.

Fro
September 14th, 2009, 4:46 PM
Oh yeah I forgot about E's job, I guess cuz he wasn't working this week and it's been a while since the last episode. More of him at the office would be a plus.

Sure there are reasons why they don't need to interact with Ari, I just think it makes the show a lot less interesting.

virms
September 14th, 2009, 8:04 PM
Yeah the reveal with the stalker storyline was shit. I was really hoping it was Ashley but she seems like she still has a major psycho roll yet to play. I found it a bit weird that Drama had an absolutely hot chick loving him and he seemed to not even give a shit. Bit out of character for him.

Hobbit
September 15th, 2009, 7:00 PM
I just watched it and thought it was alright, but yet again nothing remarkable at all. Watchable. Unfortunately this season has been so poor that each week I'm not expecting much and this was another dud.

The stalker reveal was absolutely shambolic, it's been set up and worked for what, 4-5 episodes and it's all sorted out in about 30 seconds at the end of this one via some hammy explanation of a sorority prank. That is pitiful.

I felt that Ari's mistreatment of Lloyd was strangely out of place too, usually there's an underlying respect between the two that allows for the 'banter' of harsh insults and mockery to take place, but in this episode it just felt really obviously genuine and a bit hard to watch at times. Emphasising Ari as just a cunt and Lloyd as some weak-minded poor chap for the benefit of progressing Lloyd's career into what I assume will be him working as another rival for Ari felt hurried and poorly thought out. The Efron scene was gimmicky and I don't really know much about him to appreciate any lampooning of his characters that he plays. I had that with the Tom Brady stuff too so it's my fault really.

It was nice to get some development with what the exec is going to do with Drama on his show but it still feels like it's being forgotten about considering the hype they gave it when Drama threatened him. With only a few episodes to go of this season I'd assume Drama's punishment proper will come in the finale or that's now it and no one will mention it again.

Ashley is just a pointless, shit character that contributes nothing other than me wanting her to fuck off out the frame whenever she's moaning to E or rolling around half naked looking malnourished. Sloan is pretty terrible too but at least she's not an absolute mess to look at.

I did quite like the Darabont scene and especially his cap, 'Think Like Clint' or something. I want one of those. And also another highlight from the ep was the ridiculously lovely thing working in the sex shop, I mean jesus christ with her and the bint who showed Turtle her thong - Entourage gets some stunning women.

Let's hope it picks up the pace as it heads towards the end of the season now so we can forget this season ever happened.

radon
September 17th, 2009, 3:37 AM
'nah guys its the best season of entourage yet because ive only seen this one!!!!!11'

JRSlim21

son_of_foley
September 17th, 2009, 3:51 AM
I quite enjoyed the ep. The false start of the stalker thing was alright. Ashley was retarded as always. Glad they've pushed Lloyd a little bit. I think we might get Davies/LLloyd going after Vinny Chase.

This season to me has felt like they decided now they are going to have a longer run than originally planned so decided to thrash out the non-actor characters a bit to have a bit of mileage in them. It's not beyond the realm of possibility that they can get a good cliffhanger going in 3 eps. The last ep of the last season covered so much ground and they could do it again. They do need to engineer something though to give this a bit of bite and give the next season a bit of a purpose (although they've already been commisioned so maybe they dont feel the need to cliffhang)

JRSlim21
September 17th, 2009, 10:33 AM
'nah guys its the best season of entourage yet because ive only seen this one!!!!!11'

JRSlim21

That's funny. I only knew of 1 person on this board that knows me in real life....

And since you're so concerned, Ive been watching since Ari left Terrence.

son_of_foley
September 17th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Also that girl from the Pleasure Chest was ridiculous. RIDICULOUS.

Could do with a female cameo soon though. Something like Alba from the first/second series

Hobbit
September 17th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Alba's cameo in the first season was immense :cool:

Just need something to inject some life into it at the moment, we usually have Ari for that but he's a bit stale at the moment. BRING BACK DOM please don't

Hobbit
September 17th, 2009, 10:42 AM
ffs SHIT SERVER ALERT

JRSlim21
September 17th, 2009, 11:16 AM
I'm just waiting for E to get with my future wife, Kate Mara.

Am I the only optimistic for a ridiculous season finale to kinda tie everything together? It's like they told the writers to do nothing but slow builds.

thetony
September 18th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Going through this show now. I'm on the second season now.

One of the funniest scenes I can clearly remember from the show is the one with Bob Saget. "Seriously, who the fuck was that guy?" :lol:

Fro
September 20th, 2009, 11:06 PM
GREAT ep tonight. Lots of good stuff going, with both main storylines (Lloyd/Ari/Drama and E breaking up) sucking me in like this show used to.

thetony
September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 PM
Watching the first three seasons, I'm loving the character of Ari Gold.

I find that I'm starting to impersonate him in real life. People are telling me that I've started to get a little bit more mouthy.

radon
September 23rd, 2009, 3:56 AM
'get me my car POR FAVOR'

ah great scene

and

'fuck the phones lloyd, unless carmen electra calls for an emergency titty fuck, DONT ANSWER'

'Listen, Lloyd, I want you to put all my files, folders, binders, everything into a box - If you find a used condom, an executioner's mask, and a fucking spike paddle, don't think, just pack that bitch! Chop suey!'

ahhh might go rewatch the earlier seasons.

Hobbit
September 23rd, 2009, 9:44 AM
A decent episode this week but still far too much time spent on the annoying, pointless shit like Ashley. The silver lining of that being she's hopefully finished being in the show and can fuck off. Knowing this season though E'll find Sloan being slipped a few lengths by some random cameo people and run back to Ashley where another episode of err-ing and arr-ing will take place. Oh and throw in Kate Mara and it'll all kick off in a proper Sex and the City fashion.

Vinny's film should start soon surely, we had the 'gang meet in a bar with some girls before filming starts several days later' scene at the end so hopefully the last few eps will have things happen that we can give a flying fuck about. Oh no wait it's going to more fucking relationship shittybollocks with Turtle and JLS (lol) and their long distance shite. Brilliant can't wait. Bird that wants Turtle at his college is fantastic though, need more of her and sex shop worker girl.

The future of the show and its reputation, for me, hinges on the next 2-3 episodes. Yes I'm sure network execs are reading this and trembling with nerves too.

son_of_foley
September 23rd, 2009, 10:19 AM
They've already booked in the next series mate. The pressure is off hence the lack of build really

Hobbit
September 23rd, 2009, 10:24 AM
I know mate and that worries me greatly. Poor attitude from the writers.

son_of_foley
September 23rd, 2009, 10:27 AM
Did enjoy this episode. I want Lloyd to turn Aris family against him again. Then I want Llloyd to start going after Andrew Kleins clients 1 after another. BANG EAT IT

Hobbit
September 23rd, 2009, 10:40 AM
But it'll be Eric Sloan Ashley Sloan Sloan Ashley Eric Ashley shit noone cares about Eric Sloan etc

son_of_foley
September 23rd, 2009, 10:55 AM
Also I'm going to be pissed if Turtle cheats on Jamie Lynn as it would seem quite majorly out of character for him

Hobbit
September 29th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Another drabbish episode. Can't be bothered with a full analysis but I'll just say at least it's picking up a bit of pace. They need to get back to Vince filming some shit soon, I hope that's the basis for next season. It feels we've been cheated a bit this season with no Ferrari film starting yet and the only plots taking up the space being about relationships. If I wanted that, I'd watch a soap.

virms
September 29th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Definitely liked the bit with Ari possibly buying out Terrence's company. The fact that he will be able to destroy Lloyd will be fantastic. But yeah the relationship stuff is a bit silly. The whole Turtle/JLS thing is forgettable.

Fro
September 30th, 2009, 9:52 AM
Yeah, Ari buying his old company is definitely good. Becoming the boss of Lloyd and Davies again should open the door to lolz aplenty. I thought it was a decent episode, not on par with last week's but better than the shit they were putting out earlier in the season.

Finale next week?

Hobbit
September 30th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Yeah last one next week. Then probably like a year til season 7, but to be honest they need a year to sort themselves out writing-wise.

Tempest
October 5th, 2009, 6:59 AM
'Sorry he Jason Bourne'd me' :lol:

Quite enjoyed this weeks, certainly moreso than I have the others recently.

ReDPath
October 5th, 2009, 7:00 AM
The paintball scene was absolutely epic.

radon
October 5th, 2009, 7:16 AM
Cant believe they went the PROPOSE angle..

ugh...

Thank god they had Matt Damon..

Fro
October 5th, 2009, 9:32 AM
I didn't mind the proposal angle and thought their fight on the side of the road was well done. Also it means Sloan will be on the show regularly and E's relationship woes will no longer be a focus point... both good things. The cliched "oh you're cool with me going to Italy with the boys? Ok bye!... lol jk" ending was really lame though.

Overall very good finale. The Ari stuff was all great, especially the scene with him and his wife in counseling and the paintball firing gun.

Turtle was a huge bitch in this episode though.