April 15th, 2005, 3:51 PM
Mint! Good lad!

I had almost forgot about it.

KeyloBrown
April 15th, 2005, 3:54 PM
Is he that black guy??

Darkoke
April 15th, 2005, 3:55 PM
Derren Brown is my idol in a non-gay way. I wish I had his super powers.

Hobbit
April 15th, 2005, 3:55 PM
Is he that black guy??

David Blaine.

:heart: Derren Brown, the man's clearly a Jedi.

KeyloBrown
April 15th, 2005, 4:01 PM
He's the bisexual one right??

turdpower
April 15th, 2005, 4:05 PM
http://www.nickyjohnston.co.uk/images/derren-brown.jpg

KeyloBrown
April 15th, 2005, 4:05 PM
yup...I was right.

Darkoke
April 15th, 2005, 4:06 PM
Bisexual? Fuck off.

Hulkamaniac
April 15th, 2005, 4:08 PM
:heart: Derren Brown, the man's clearly a Jedi.

Agreed on both counts.

Melv
April 15th, 2005, 4:10 PM
Good call, lad.

KeyloBrown
He is clearly getting his prostate massaged by the appendage of a human that just so happens to be the same gender...

Darkoke
Bisexual? Fuck off.

Is he? :confused:

KeyloBrown
Is he English??

It could also be that...

Hulkamaniac
April 15th, 2005, 4:11 PM
He is clearly getting his prostate massaged by the appendage of a human that just so happens to be the same gender...

He told how he uses his skills to pick up chicks, then demonstrated it with three models.

The man is straighter than all of us put together.

El Capitano Gatisto
April 15th, 2005, 4:11 PM

Honestly, you are so consistently bland and horrible that I can only think you are doing it deliberately.

KeyloBrown
April 15th, 2005, 4:12 PM
Thanks for your feedback...

El Capitano Gatisto
April 15th, 2005, 4:15 PM
That reply only clouds the issue further.

KeyloBrown
April 15th, 2005, 4:21 PM
:zzz:

Hulkamaniac
April 15th, 2005, 4:22 PM
:zzz:

Oi, dickhead, piss off.

This is about Derren Brown, not an excuse for you to advertise your cackness.

turdpower
April 15th, 2005, 4:30 PM
I got his DVD of the first series a few weeks ago. Brilliance.

Hulkamaniac
April 15th, 2005, 4:33 PM
Awesome. How is he making them feel ill just by staring at him?

I love how he ranks himself as "minor celebrity" too.

Darkoke
April 15th, 2005, 4:34 PM
I liked that guy's t-shirt with the cards...

Hulkamaniac
April 15th, 2005, 4:35 PM
You might want to go and ask Simon for some fashion advice then.

Darkoke
April 15th, 2005, 4:36 PM
:irked:

KeyloBrown
April 15th, 2005, 4:36 PM
Oi, I was talking about Darren Brown until ECG went of topic...

Hulkamaniac
April 15th, 2005, 4:58 PM
Ahahaha, the Simon Pegg one was awesome!

Melv
April 15th, 2005, 4:59 PM
Didn't really enjoy it until the last one, interesting how he did it.

El Capitano Gatisto
April 15th, 2005, 5:00 PM
That was beautiful. All the magic tricks are crap filler, but the real head-fucking stuff is fantastic. The staring contest at the start, magnificent. Simon Pegg must have been hypnotised a little.

Hobbit
April 15th, 2005, 5:01 PM
Wow, great show.

I loved the guessing of that old guy's wallet contents :yes:

He'd be a wanker for playing cards against though.

Hulkamaniac
April 15th, 2005, 5:55 PM
That was beautiful. All the magic tricks are crap filler, but the real head-fucking stuff is fantastic. The staring contest at the start, magnificent. Simon Pegg must have been hypnotised a little.

I dont like the ones that I cant work out as well as the subliminal messaging one that I can.

But still, guessing what is in peoples wallets and making them feel ill for staring at you...thats pretty cool.

Guessing what people have wrote down are really filler though, he does that in various ways on pretty much all of his shows. Id bet that they are all done in the same way anyway and the gimmick is just the pretense. This week being the magic seeing fingers.

turdpower
April 15th, 2005, 5:59 PM
For me the cleverist thing he did was the chess game; playing 9 of the best simulatneously

DavidUK
April 15th, 2005, 6:01 PM
Yer, him fucking around with peoples head is brilliance.

I never caught onto the BMX one at the end, funnily enough. Quite impressed by that one, actually.

turdpower
April 22nd, 2005, 11:52 AM
On again tonight. Just ordered his new DVD off play.com, came out a few days ago.

Should be good :yesyes:

Manicss
April 22nd, 2005, 11:55 AM
I'd love to go for a few beers with him. He's fascinating. And dreamy, in a sort of way.

Hobbit
April 22nd, 2005, 4:26 PM
Minutes to go cuntos :yes:

Melv
April 22nd, 2005, 4:27 PM
Well done.

Hulkamaniac
April 22nd, 2005, 4:30 PM
Good good, Im looking forward to this week, should be fun.

Hulkamaniac
April 22nd, 2005, 5:00 PM
Good episode. Very good tricks this week.

Darkoke
April 22nd, 2005, 5:01 PM
Yep, just imagine what he would be doing if he wasn't using his powers to entertain. Robbing folk and stuff.

Hobbit
April 22nd, 2005, 5:02 PM
Moving tables were very odd, he must have got it in all the dancer's minds that they were meant to push the tables or something.

Ah who I am I kidding, I've got no fucking idea how he did it.

Darkoke
April 22nd, 2005, 5:02 PM
I'm sure I've seen the moving tables thing revealed on some other show.

Nicky
April 22nd, 2005, 5:11 PM
Derren Brown done a live show near me last week. By the time I found out (a day before the show), tickets were all gone.

So gutted :(

Hulkamaniac
April 22nd, 2005, 5:26 PM
My mate went to one, he said it was mint.

Melv
April 22nd, 2005, 5:32 PM
Did he get to take part in any tricks?

Hulkamaniac
April 22nd, 2005, 5:46 PM
Nope. He deliberately stayed out of the way.

GeezaTap
April 22nd, 2005, 5:52 PM
I'm sure I've seen the moving tables thing revealed on some other show.

If it's a bunch of people with their hands on a table, then two people with long sleeves with have long thin levers inserted in their sleeves.

They also tend to sit across from each other, if that helps.

StevieV
April 22nd, 2005, 7:30 PM
If it's a bunch of people with their hands on a table, then two people with long sleeves with have long thin levers inserted in their sleeves.

They also tend to sit across from each other, if that helps.

Derren brown promises he doesn't use stooges or actors though.

turdpower
April 23rd, 2005, 2:47 PM
And the tables were inspected. Plus they never lifted the tables.

I think he probably cons them into moving the table and they don't think that they are. Thats basically what he's all about

turdpower
April 29th, 2005, 3:36 PM
On again tonight :yes:

Friday
April 29th, 2005, 3:37 PM
9pm - Have I Got News For You
9.30pm - Derren Brown

Woop Woop.

Hobbit
April 29th, 2005, 3:38 PM
Who's on Have I Got News?

Friday
April 29th, 2005, 3:40 PM
I know that Nicholas Parsons is the host.

Hobbit
April 29th, 2005, 3:41 PM
Excellent.

Hulkamaniac
April 29th, 2005, 3:54 PM
Meh, Ill stick with The Simpson's and then go for Derren Brown, otherwise Ill forget that its on and miss it.

El Capitano Gatisto
April 29th, 2005, 3:55 PM
I watched it on E4 earlier this week. It's actually a crap episode of Brown escapades. His main trick involving Mo Mowlam is crap, to be honest.

The Rosk
April 29th, 2005, 4:20 PM
Shut up.

Darkoke
April 29th, 2005, 4:56 PM
He's right. Pretty rubbish so far.

Hobbit
April 29th, 2005, 4:59 PM
The last one was awesome though.

Darkoke
April 29th, 2005, 5:04 PM
I wasn't paying attention :ashamed:

Hulkamaniac
April 29th, 2005, 6:08 PM
Meh, I thought that they were all pretty good to be fair.

Nothing exceptional, all interesting though.

turdpower
May 6th, 2005, 3:36 PM
Hopefully this weeks will be better than last.

Hobbit
May 6th, 2005, 3:38 PM
Shite, nearly forgot tonight's.

Ta Mike :yes:

McBain
May 6th, 2005, 3:39 PM
Will check out my 1st of this series tonight, not heading out. :yes:

Hulkamaniac
May 6th, 2005, 4:40 PM
Ive always pretty much hated Jo Wiley.

But all of a sudden, I reckon that Id bone her.

Melv
May 6th, 2005, 4:41 PM
Good couple of tricks so far.

Hulkamaniac
May 6th, 2005, 4:43 PM
Yup, all pretty fun and smart.

Melv
May 6th, 2005, 4:48 PM
Surely that's not legal.

Hulkamaniac
May 6th, 2005, 4:50 PM
Heh, nah.

Derren must be an absolute cock to be mates with. His practical jokes would be horrifying.

Hulkamaniac
May 6th, 2005, 4:52 PM
Ahahahaha, can you hear him whimpering?

Melv
ahahahha.

Harry
This is well harsh!

Melv
May 6th, 2005, 4:53 PM
Heh, nah.

Derren must be an absolute cock to be mates with. His practical jokes would be horrifying.
I'd love it. If he did shit like this to me, I'd hate it at the time, but looking back on it, I'd laugh.

Hulkamaniac
May 6th, 2005, 4:53 PM
:lol:, this is one of the most disturbing thing Ive ever seen. I cant help laughing, but I almost feel like crying for the guy.

Harry
May 6th, 2005, 4:54 PM
Surely you'd know this was a windup I mean the gun is so pathetic.

Melv
May 6th, 2005, 4:54 PM
I think I love Derren Brown.

Hulkamaniac
May 6th, 2005, 4:55 PM
I'd love it. If he did shit like this to me, I'd hate it at the time, but looking back on it, I'd laugh.

He must've laughed about it in the end, otherwise they'd never have had permission to show it.

Its just about enough to drive you nuts. See how his mates were all full of mischevious grins are first, but now they are shocked and frightened.

Melv
May 6th, 2005, 4:55 PM
:rofl:

WICKED INNIT!

Melv
May 6th, 2005, 4:58 PM
That was the best one yet, fucking brilliant.

Harry
May 6th, 2005, 4:58 PM
Until something like that happens to me I just refuse to buy it. Especially with how unconvincing that guy was.

El Capitano Gatisto
May 6th, 2005, 4:59 PM
That was brilliant, but it's one of those ones I just cannot believe he'd be allowed to do for real. No way, too risky if the person involved doesn't take it with such good humour.

Hulkamaniac
May 6th, 2005, 4:59 PM
Man, what a bastard Brown is.

Seems like it was basically just hypnosis, but taken to really horrific extents. I like it!

El Capitano Gatisto
May 6th, 2005, 5:00 PM
I really don't accept that he'd be allowed to hypnotise someone without their permission for a TV show. Not a chance, there's no way they could do it then seek permission afterwards.

Melv
Until something like that happens to me I just refuse to buy it. Especially with how unconvincing that guy was.
I think part of what he does is real, but he must have had to tell him about it beforehand.

Melv
I really don't accept that he'd be allowed to hypnotise someone without their permission for a TV show. Not a chance, there's no way they could do it then seek permission afterwards.
Yeah, that's the only part of it that gets me.

Hulkamaniac
May 6th, 2005, 5:01 PM
That was brilliant, but it's one of those ones I just cannot believe he'd be allowed to do for real. No way, too risky if the person involved doesn't take it with such good humour.

Wasnt there a verbal warning on the game or something? That would clear up legality I guess.

I just tend to believe Brown when he says that he doesnt use stooges. He'd be found out by now if he said that and then did.

Harry
That crossed my mind as well, what if the guy had really fucked up over it? They'd never met him before how do they know he doesn't have some heart condition or something. Could have just been scared shitless and fucked up.

Hobbit
Holy shit, that was a fucking evil thing to do.

I loved the way the guy's mates didn't really seem to care too much about what was happening, they didn't ask any questions or anything. Maybe it's because they recognised who Derren Brown was, but still, weird.

The zombies were fantastic.

And yes, Jo Whiley would get it.

Melv
May 6th, 2005, 5:02 PM
Wasnt there a verbal warning on the game or something? That would clear up legality I guess.

I just tend to believe Brown when he says that he doesnt use stooges. He'd be found out by now if he said that and then did.
There's a difference between having stooges and telling people what he's going to do, though.

Hulkamaniac
May 6th, 2005, 5:02 PM
There's a difference between having stooges and telling people what he's going to do, though.

Not really...they would be stooges.

The Rosk
May 6th, 2005, 5:03 PM
Thing is, if he ever did try and do a practical joke on you, you'd just thump him.

Melv
May 6th, 2005, 5:03 PM
Not really...they would be stooges.
Nah, stooges are people who act it out to make it look like a trick. If what Brown does is real, he could have told them beforehand but still hypnotised them etc.

turdpower
May 6th, 2005, 5:04 PM
I loved the fact that there must have been at least 20 seconds between when he fell into the transe and when Derren arrived and his mate didn't care that he dropped the gun and was just asleep

Hulkamaniac
May 6th, 2005, 5:04 PM
Nah, stooges are people who act it out to make it look like a trick. If what Brown does is real, he could have told them beforehand but still hypnotised them etc.

No, they would be actors. He says that he doesnt use them either.

Melv
May 6th, 2005, 5:05 PM
No, they would be actors. He says that he doesnt use them either.
Not if they're not acting.

I'm saying if Brown's tricks are real, he could still do them with permission. He could still be making them do it.

Hulkamaniac
May 6th, 2005, 5:07 PM
Maybe so, but I dont see why he would. If the whole trick was about seeing his reaction when put into the game, then it wouldnt have made any difference to have it as one of his tricks where he explains the deal to the people beforehand. He has plenty of tricks where he does that, dont see why he would do it here and pretend not to have,

Hobbit
May 6th, 2005, 5:09 PM
I loved the fact that there must have been at least 20 seconds between when he fell into the transe and when Derren arrived and his mate didn't care that he dropped the gun and was just asleep

Haha yeah, and surely one of his mates would have asked Derren what the fuck was going on? I know we didn't see the entire journey to the 'real game', but they seemed to totally not care.

That gun was laughably bad too, I was expecting mass explosions of gore from the zombies after that verbal warning before the break.

Melv
May 6th, 2005, 5:10 PM
Maybe so, but I dont see why he would. If the whole trick was about seeing his reaction when put into the game, then it wouldnt have made any difference to have it as one of his tricks where he explains the deal to the people beforehand. He has plenty of tricks where he does that, dont see why he would do it here and pretend not to have,
To make it seem a bit more shocking, I suppose.

The Rosk
May 6th, 2005, 5:16 PM
If I was clever, I'd have sued the fuck out of him. Good job they chose a dumb scummy bastard then.

Hulkamaniac
May 6th, 2005, 5:17 PM
To make it seem a bit more shocking, I suppose.

I dunno. I think that seeing someone perfectly normal and in the know then behaving like that wouldve been no less shocking.

Still seems a bit risky though. But thinking about the location...studenty bar, who normally plays on those horror shoot-em'up games...young men. I dont know of many student males of my age who wouldnt have had a good sense of humour about it.

Melv
May 6th, 2005, 5:20 PM
Fair point.

El Capitano Gatisto
May 6th, 2005, 5:25 PM
I dunno. I think that seeing someone perfectly normal and in the know then behaving like that wouldve been no less shocking.

Still seems a bit risky though. But thinking about the location...studenty bar, who normally plays on those horror shoot-em'up games...young men. I dont know of many student males of my age who wouldnt have had a good sense of humour about it.

I don't think C4's lawyers would have allowed him to do it, simply put. Unless Brown can possibly sign something where he takes full responsibility for the tricks involved on the show. I don't know.

It's just one of those things I can't imagine him legally being allowed to do without permission.

Friday
May 6th, 2005, 5:29 PM
I don't think it was for real. But it is still one of the best TV moments of the year. :yes:

turdpower
May 6th, 2005, 5:31 PM
If someone tried to sue him he'd just hynotize them so that he wouldn't have to pay surely? :dunno:

Hulkamaniac
May 6th, 2005, 5:39 PM
I don't think C4's lawyers would have allowed him to do it, simply put. Unless Brown can possibly sign something where he takes full responsibility for the tricks involved on the show. I don't know.

It's just one of those things I can't imagine him legally being allowed to do without permission.

He did with the Roulette trick.

Melv
May 6th, 2005, 5:40 PM
He didn't do that in this country though, and it was on a time delay over here. It wasn't 'live' as it was made out to be.

JP
May 7th, 2005, 6:00 AM
That zombie thing freaked me out.

Absolutley amazing, but damn!

The Rosk
May 7th, 2005, 6:21 AM
Derren Brown was in my dream last night. He showed me some tricks, then tried to come on to me. I said no, and asked him about his sexuality. He said he was confused, and broke down.

Yeah.

JP
May 7th, 2005, 6:23 AM
wow.

Think it might be time to lay off the absinth dude.

The Rosk
May 7th, 2005, 6:26 AM
wow.

Think it might be time to lay off the absinth dude.

I often have weird dreams. Always very vivid too. One night I had a foursome on stage with Britney, Christina and Madonna.

Now THAT was fantastic. I almost slapped my brother for waking me up.

Hobbit
May 13th, 2005, 4:31 PM
On now cunts :yes:

Hulkamaniac
May 13th, 2005, 6:19 PM
I missed it Hobbit, was at the pictures. :(.

turdpower
May 14th, 2005, 7:13 AM
Its was rather impressive. Next week is tha last one :cry:

And Matt; you missed David Mitchell on FAQ U, serves you right for watching Wossy.

Apprently Mitchell is presenting it next week tho' :hyper:

Hobbit
May 14th, 2005, 9:21 AM
And Matt; you missed David Mitchell on FAQ U, serves you right for watching Wossy.

Actually, Hasselhoff came on Wossy (not literally) and I turned it over to FAQ U the second they started waffling on about Spongebob Squarepants.

The FAQ U episode was class, that Frankie Boyle is immense, despite being a dirty Scotsman. I loved how JLC totally ignored that blonde bint for half an hour, and whenever she'd butt in with a 'joke', it was a deadly silence with a few polite chuckles from the crowd.

David Mitchell was superb too, the thing about his 'towel' being washed away :lol: (town).

The Rosk
May 14th, 2005, 9:25 AM
FAQU, sounds interesting. What'sitabut?

On-topic, I love Brown. I want to go for a drink with him.

Hobbit
May 14th, 2005, 9:29 AM

On-topic, I love Brown. I want to go for a drink with him.

It's a weird little show where four comedians sit on couches around a presenter (another comedian) and answer the presenter's questions. Questions are usually irrelevant to a news item that the presenter has just read out, and usually spark funny answers.

Justin Lee Collins presented it last week, and was godly, of course. David 'fat one out of Peepshow' Mitchell is doing it next week.

As for the pint with the Jedi, he'd hypnotise you and drink yours, then convince you that you'd drunk it. Come on, he has to do it.

turdpower
May 14th, 2005, 9:32 AM

Think Baddiel and Skinner unplanned, but planned and with more comedians

The Rosk
May 14th, 2005, 9:33 AM
It's a weird little show where four comedians sit on couches around a presenter (another comedian) and answer the presenter's questions. Questions are usually irrelevant to a news item that the presenter has just read out, and usually spark funny answers.

Justin Lee Collins presented it last week, and was godly, of course. David 'fat one out of Peepshow' Mitchell is doing it next week.

As for the pint with the Jedi, he'd hypnotise you and drink yours, then convince you that you'd drunk it. Come on, he has to do it.

I'll be recording that next week then.

And yes, he would. But when he gets drunk, he'll blurt out all of his secrets in a fit of emotions. Then I'll make millions.

Hulkamaniac
May 14th, 2005, 10:44 AM
Think Baddiel and Skinner unplanned, but planned and with more comedians

But without the comedy negativity that is...David Baddiel.

Hobbit
May 14th, 2005, 10:54 AM
Jewish :\

Hulkamaniac
May 14th, 2005, 10:57 AM
Its nothing to do with his religion. More to do with him being a boring fundamentally unamusing person.

turdpower
May 20th, 2005, 2:18 PM
Last in the series tonight :cry:

The Rogerer
May 20th, 2005, 2:59 PM
I prefer when he's upfront about what he's going to do, then does it anyway. Stuff like the other week, with the mobile ring tones he was trying to cover it up by talking about how ringtones are marketed and all that... it turned his good trick (reaction observation) into some hokey "WHOA HOW DID U DU THAT?" Blainefest.

Hulkamaniac
May 20th, 2005, 3:13 PM
Ah youre a skeptical fucker.

All his tricks are good in their own way.

The Rogerer
May 20th, 2005, 3:14 PM
I said the tricks are good, but when he tries to hide what he's doing and make it into a magic trick, he makes it corny. I like it when he's honest about what he's doing, and explains it. There's no point trying to hide it because it's all essentially a variation on the same trick but it's one worth doing again and again.

Melv
May 20th, 2005, 3:16 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean Rog. I prefer it when it's made out to be mind tricks as opposed to magic. That's why I like it when he explains what he's doing.

Take the book one for example last week, I think the placement of the books made the guy pick the one nearest him, then when Derren 'flicked' through it, he folded the book back so that one page would stay longer, making the guy more likely to pick it.

turdpower
May 20th, 2005, 3:21 PM
I dont care how obvious his tricks might be. They're still brilliant.

Melv
May 20th, 2005, 3:22 PM
I'm not talking about them being obvious.

Hulkamaniac
May 20th, 2005, 3:23 PM
I prefer some of his tricks more than others, but the facts are that Id still rather watch him than 1000 Copperfield crap-fests.

Hobbit
May 20th, 2005, 3:25 PM
David Copperfield's leather trousers are marvellous though.

Hulkamaniac
May 20th, 2005, 3:27 PM
His biggest trick was how he managed to pull Claudia Schiffer. Despite being a camp David Hasslehoff wannabe.

Darkoke
May 20th, 2005, 3:28 PM
Woah, don't diss The Hoff.

Hobbit
May 20th, 2005, 3:29 PM
His biggest trick was how he managed to pull Claudia Schiffer. Despite being a camp David Hasslehoff wannabe.

:lol:

The Rogerer
May 20th, 2005, 3:29 PM
How was that dissing the Hoff?

Hobbit
May 20th, 2005, 3:31 PM
Woah, don't diss The Hoff.

Yeah he was dissing Copperfield you plank.

Darkoke
May 20th, 2005, 3:33 PM
Nuh-uh. He was saying folk who look like Hasselhoff can't pull supermodels :shifty:

The Rogerer
May 20th, 2005, 3:35 PM
If he's a wannabe, then he must inherently fail to succeed. Throw the camp aspect into the equation, and that completes the insult leaving Hoff unscathed.

Hobbit
May 20th, 2005, 3:35 PM
Nuh-uh. He was saying folk who look like Hasselhoff can't pull supermodels :shifty:

Ok then..

Darkoke
May 20th, 2005, 3:38 PM
:dunno:

Hulkamaniac
May 20th, 2005, 3:50 PM
The Hoff is awesome.

Copperfield wishes that he could be as cool as The Hoff.

Melv
May 20th, 2005, 3:53 PM
They're both shit.

Hulkamaniac
May 20th, 2005, 3:57 PM
Not really.

I never GOT Hoff until quite recently, but now I do. Everyone thinks that he's this really arrogant guy who is full of himself. But he's not, he's just had a really remarkable and weird career that he seems to talk about in a way that people take out of context. He's got a good sense of humour about himself.

turdpower
May 20th, 2005, 4:40 PM
I bet Derren can just make random people ejaculate whenever he wants.

Hulkamaniac
May 20th, 2005, 4:53 PM
He does with me.

Hulkamaniac
May 20th, 2005, 4:57 PM
I hope that Derren fucks with that guy by making him pissed all of his life.

turdpower
May 20th, 2005, 4:59 PM
I was thinking that he probably will tell his mates what the word is. Or they will find out and just keep doing it to him.

Hulkamaniac
May 20th, 2005, 5:00 PM
I wouldnt consider reading the dictionary to him to be a worthless pursuit.

Hobbit
May 20th, 2005, 5:03 PM
I want to introduce Richard Madeley's face to a brick.

turdpower
May 20th, 2005, 5:04 PM
Richard and Judy; One man and his dog.

Hulkamaniac
May 20th, 2005, 5:06 PM
Madeley is a true prick.

turdpower
May 20th, 2005, 5:37 PM
When Derren was talking to Richard when they were both in their isolation areas he said
"Act upon it" but you could hear a subtle "bonnet" I know thats not enough for someone to draw a girl in a hat, but I heard it.

Hulkamaniac
May 20th, 2005, 6:08 PM
I didnt really pick up on all that much this week.

turdpower
May 29th, 2005, 4:26 PM
On tonight at 10pm, not sure whats going to happen.

Sean
May 29th, 2005, 5:19 PM
Why does it keep saying FORGET on the screen?

GeezaTap
May 29th, 2005, 5:21 PM
Don't remember.

turdpower
May 29th, 2005, 5:22 PM
I keep missing it, although I did keep seeing the F.

Obviously to do with a trick later on.

Hobbit
May 29th, 2005, 5:34 PM
That Debbie was nice.

turdpower
January 3rd, 2006, 6:25 PM
Wednesday night: The Heist

The illusionist returns to undertake his most ambitious challenge to date. Under the guise of a motivational seminar and a follow-up documentary, he tries to persuade his group of responsible, middle-management businessmen and women to steal £100,000 in an armed robbery. Derren aims to illustrate how little it takes to cross into deviant behaviour and presents a masterclass in mind control.

Hulkamaniac
January 3rd, 2006, 6:41 PM
That'd be immense!

HHHnFoley_Rulez
January 3rd, 2006, 7:09 PM
:chin:

Sounds far fetched. So it will be good. I like him, he's actually quite interesting.

StevieV
January 3rd, 2006, 9:13 PM
Sounds fantastic.

:heart: Derren

Hulkamaniac
January 4th, 2006, 5:52 PM
Ahahahahaha. Fucking mint!

Hulkamaniac
January 4th, 2006, 5:53 PM
Ahahahaha.

"Sorry to interrupt proceedings sir, but this is a hold up!"

JIJ
January 4th, 2006, 5:53 PM
Just about to make a thread on this.

Brilliant.

The man's amazing :eek:

How does he do this?

Hulkamaniac
January 4th, 2006, 5:54 PM
He's told you how he's done it throughout the show.

The manipulation is incredible.

JIJ
January 4th, 2006, 5:54 PM
I know, but I'm sure if any of us tried it we'd fail miserably.

He's special.

Like José Mourinho

Hulkamaniac
January 4th, 2006, 5:55 PM
Ahahahaha.

"I swear to god mate, if you get up....you're dead. If you've got family..."

JIJ
January 4th, 2006, 5:56 PM
"If you've got family..."

:eek:

This is incredible.

JIJ
January 4th, 2006, 5:58 PM
He was so tempted...

eugenespeed
January 4th, 2006, 6:00 PM
Fuck, missed it.

Hobbit
January 4th, 2006, 6:02 PM
ahahaha the 'If you've got family...' line was immense.

Amazing stuff, what a bastard Brown is.

The Truth
January 4th, 2006, 6:04 PM
Bollocks, I missed it.

Anyone know when it's repeated?

JIJ
January 4th, 2006, 6:06 PM
Now.

It's on C5

J.C
January 4th, 2006, 6:07 PM
Pretty amazing.

I wonder how far he will go in getting people to do stuff.

turdpower
January 4th, 2006, 6:15 PM
It was pretty funny when that guy ran straight into one of those posts.

I bet all those peoples mates will having people singing that song to them now :D

Hulkamaniac
January 4th, 2006, 7:34 PM
Pretty amazing.

I wonder how far he will go in getting people to do stuff.

Well, had there been bullets in that gun, I wouldnt rule out armed robbery with a bit of murder thrown in.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
January 4th, 2006, 8:16 PM
Fucking missed it. Argh! :mad:

To the wonderful world of bit torrent it is then!

Marlon Dingle
January 5th, 2006, 6:52 AM
Or E4 i'm sure it will be repeated within the week.

EDIT: Just checked its on E4 on friday @ 9.00PM

Simon
January 5th, 2006, 6:59 AM
Derren Brown is class, but I really wish him/his producers/Channel 4 would stop fucking trying to trick people into thinking it's some kind of social experiment, when really it's no different from Big Brother in that it's exploiting people's willingness to make cunts of themselves if it means they can get on the telly.

Repo
January 5th, 2006, 7:00 AM
it must have been actors - i'm nearly sure
dont get me wrong i think the guy is great and he can get people to do certain things - but i think that was too much to believe.

turdpower
January 5th, 2006, 7:09 AM
Seemed very real to me.

Hulkamaniac
January 5th, 2006, 8:10 AM
It clearly was real. He's never used actors or stooges. Why would he bother if it was all put on?

Its not like Big Brother, its clever.

"If you've got family!..."

Marlon Dingle
January 5th, 2006, 9:01 AM
I dont remember what episode this was but when he had Simon Pegg and he made him change his mind on what he wanted as a present, i totally sussed it, it ended up being a BMX. Coz he was talking about BMw's and X-boxes. Then talked about wheels. So i gathered that much but how he acctually convinced him to think that i dont know.

turdpower
January 5th, 2006, 9:01 AM
He explained it at the end of the show :wtf:

turdpower
January 5th, 2006, 9:51 AM
Just watching him on DVD, anyone else notice that little jerky nod he does quite alot?

Marlon Dingle
January 5th, 2006, 9:58 AM
The one with the russian roulette was balls. He was firing blanks. Boring.

turdpower
January 5th, 2006, 10:01 AM
A blank can do serious damage if you fire it against your head. I'm sure that was all part of his defence at the time.

Hulkamaniac
January 5th, 2006, 11:10 AM
A blank shot to the head can quite easily kill you. Each year, loads of people die by shooting blanks at themselves or friends from close range, not realise the impact that they have.

I can figure out many of Derren Brown's tricks, they arent all that hard...thats why they work. They are just incredibly clever and well-put together. Immense amounts of thought control and manipulation.

aenima
January 5th, 2006, 11:19 AM
"loads of people."

Great stats there Mik, for God's sake.

Hulkamaniac
January 5th, 2006, 11:22 AM
I was trying to remember the name of those awards that they give out to idiots removing themselves from the human genepool. Its the "Darwin Awards" isnt it? I've seen listings in there about people who killed themselves shooting blanks.

Bet your ma wishes that you Dad did the same to the egg that spawned you.

aenima
January 5th, 2006, 11:25 AM
I'll ask her then shall I, smart arse? You'll look pretty stupid if she disagrees.

Hulkamaniac
January 5th, 2006, 11:27 AM
I want to see the proof.

aenima
January 5th, 2006, 11:30 AM
I'll get it sorted.

Hulkamaniac
January 5th, 2006, 11:32 AM
We dont accept a letter signed by your tutor.

But I wont tell you what we DO accept.

Hlebsfall
January 5th, 2006, 1:27 PM
It clearly was real. He's never used actors or stooges.

In a way, he does. For example, before he was filming his last series, he came into my university and done a show there one night. By the time that the new series had come around, shock horror, about 60% of the people he went up to in the street and grabbed unexpectedly were people I recognised from uni. I mean arguably not stooges, but he still weeds out people who are most susceptible to that sort of thing. (E.g, dickheads)

J.C
January 5th, 2006, 2:10 PM
I don't think it was that hard to do.

The people must have thought something was going to happen up that street, asked to walk up a road with a fake gun in your pocket. The day before being taught to "force" someone down. They heard the music which they had also been told about and then seeing the green security van they knew what they were being tested on surely.

Hulkamaniac
January 5th, 2006, 2:22 PM
In a way, he does. For example, before he was filming his last series, he came into my university and done a show there one night. By the time that the new series had come around, shock horror, about 60% of the people he went up to in the street and grabbed unexpectedly were people I recognised from uni. I mean arguably not stooges, but he still weeds out people who are most susceptible to that sort of thing. (E.g, dickheads)

Nothing wrong with using susceptible people, all the magicians and hypnotists have always done it. Brown often uses intellectuals too though.

When I say that he doesnt use stooges, I meant that he doesnt use ones that he declares, thats all.

I don't think it was that hard to do.

The people must have thought something was going to happen up that street, asked to walk up a road with a fake gun in your pocket. The day before being taught to "force" someone down. They heard the music which they had also been told about and then seeing the green security van they knew what they were being tested on surely.

I'd say thats the completely wrong conclusion to make from it.

turdpower
March 22nd, 2006, 10:47 AM
Just seen an advert for it, this Sunday :hyper:

Hulkamaniac
March 22nd, 2006, 11:41 AM
Me too. Exciting stuff.

Friday
March 22nd, 2006, 11:43 AM
Hopefully he rips the piss out of Robbie Williams.

turdpower
March 26th, 2006, 4:14 PM
Awesome.

Hobbit
March 26th, 2006, 4:27 PM
I'll have nightmares over that clown now :(

Manicss
March 26th, 2006, 4:28 PM
I missed it :mad:

Anyone know of any E4 repeats?

MACE
March 26th, 2006, 4:29 PM
LEGEND.

:heart: Derren.

turdpower
March 26th, 2006, 4:29 PM
I missed it :mad:

Anyone know of any E4 repeats?

Ner.

Friday
March 26th, 2006, 4:31 PM
Class. :yes:

Manicss
March 26th, 2006, 4:31 PM
Balls.

Burv
March 27th, 2006, 5:51 AM
I don't like the clown.

turdpower
April 1st, 2006, 6:57 AM
Series 2 DVD arrived today. I'll be giving that a watch :D

Hulkamaniac
April 1st, 2006, 8:05 PM
That was a tremendous show.

wardy
April 1st, 2006, 8:26 PM
Anybody see the one where he got a guy to look through some photos and sort them into 2 piles and when he turned them over one pile was of dead people and the others were alive?

You should have.

Hulkamaniac
April 1st, 2006, 8:29 PM
Nope. What was that one on?

wardy
April 1st, 2006, 8:35 PM
Not sure think it was Trick Of The Mind about a year back, totally freaked the guy out.

He just had this smug look on his face and asked him what pile he wanted to keep and the pile that he went with were photos of the people that were still alive.

Spooky stuff.

Hulkamaniac
April 1st, 2006, 8:38 PM
He's a Jedi.

turdpower
April 2nd, 2006, 6:54 AM
Anybody see the one where he got a guy to look through some photos and sort them into 2 piles and when he turned them over one pile was of dead people and the others were alive?

You should have.

Aye, I think that was the last series.

I wish they'd bring out his big one off things on DVD like the seance, heist etc.

Hulkamaniac
April 2nd, 2006, 7:38 AM
Just everything that he's done on a massive boxset would work for me.

turdpower
April 2nd, 2006, 7:50 AM
I have all three of his DVD's I'd be annoyed at a boxset.

turdpower
April 2nd, 2006, 7:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/results?search=derren+brown&search_type=search_videos&search=Search

Loads of videos on youtube. It's even got that chess one he did, which IMO is one of the most impressive things he has done, without using mind control etc.

Hulkamaniac
April 2nd, 2006, 8:13 AM
Well aye, cos there was no trick to it, it was all a feat of memory.

turdpower
April 2nd, 2006, 8:46 AM
Well there was a trick, he managed to write down how many pieces each player would have left before they even played.

turdpower
April 9th, 2006, 3:44 PM
:hyper::panic:

Apparently he plays "checkers" blindfolded.

Skip
April 9th, 2006, 4:04 PM
It was Tic tac toe / noughts and crosses

Hulkamaniac
April 9th, 2006, 6:43 PM
Good crack tonight.

turdpower
April 9th, 2006, 6:50 PM
It was Tic tac toe / noughts and crosses

Really, I didn't realise WHEN I WAS WATCHING IT. Jesus. :irked:

turdpower
April 16th, 2006, 3:18 PM
On again tonight :D

turdpower
April 16th, 2006, 4:27 PM
They needed to do it with a woman after the black man.

Hobbit
April 16th, 2006, 4:38 PM
Should have shoved a needle through Robbie Williams' eye the cunt.

Friday
April 16th, 2006, 4:39 PM
Williams obviously done a wee in his pants.

The Rosk
April 16th, 2006, 7:41 PM
That was just really shit. I had no idea what the fuck the point in that Williams thing was.

Hulkamaniac
April 17th, 2006, 6:20 AM
Bollocks, I missed it. When is it repeated?

Hlebsfall
April 17th, 2006, 6:21 AM
They needed to do it with a woman after the black man.

You sure you wasn't watching the freeviews?

turdpower
April 17th, 2006, 6:31 AM
You know what I mean :\

The Rosk
April 17th, 2006, 7:36 AM
I'm being serious. He basically just stuck two needles through some skin on Robbie's arms and made him repeat Three Blind Mice over and over again. You could tell he wasn't into it at all and was in a fucking shitload of pain. Very odd.

turdpower
April 23rd, 2006, 3:48 PM
This > Sharpe.

:yesyes:

Hulkamaniac
April 23rd, 2006, 3:51 PM
Dont be ridiculous mate.

turdpower
April 23rd, 2006, 3:57 PM
You know it mate.

Hulkamaniac
April 23rd, 2006, 3:59 PM
I know you're being ridiculous mate.

Hulkamaniac
April 20th, 2007, 5:28 PM
Derren Brown just fucked some guy over, big style. Big creepy style.

RuneEdge
April 20th, 2007, 5:32 PM
:mad: I always miss his shows.

turdpower
April 20th, 2007, 6:43 PM
It's repeated all the time.

I sky+ed it.

turdpower
April 24th, 2007, 5:57 PM
Man, that was fucking weird.

The paper instead of money bit was brilliant.

MACE
April 24th, 2007, 6:15 PM
Anyone know when the repeat is on??

MACE
April 24th, 2007, 6:16 PM
Can't believe I fucking missed it :mad:

turdpower
April 24th, 2007, 6:16 PM
I dont remember what episode this was but when he had Simon Pegg and he made him change his mind on what he wanted as a present, i totally sussed it, it ended up being a BMX. Coz he was talking about BMw's and X-boxes. Then talked about wheels. So i gathered that much but how he acctually convinced him to think that i dont know.

I've just remember how fucking stupid this was.

turdpower
April 24th, 2007, 6:19 PM
Can't believe I fucking missed it :mad:

Was just on E4 at 10:30, so E4+1 at 11:30 :)

turdpower
April 27th, 2007, 2:43 PM
I hope you missed it Mace, you ignorant bastard.

A London pensioner is taught to play high-stakes poker and entered in a professional tournament, while Derren becomes a living waxworks at Madame Tussauds and visits Las Vegas, where he uses his powers of suggestion to make a woman temporarily colour-blind

:) Sounds good.

MACE
April 27th, 2007, 2:46 PM
I did :cry:

I fucking logged off didn't I so didn't see your reply mate.

What a twat.

Time's it on tonight?

turdpower
April 27th, 2007, 3:06 PM

Except you've probably just logged off, so what's the point?

MACE
April 27th, 2007, 3:08 PM
:p

MACE
April 27th, 2007, 3:08 PM
I'll be logging off at 21:57, so remind me at 21:58 please mate. :yes: