PDA

View Full Version : Curb Your Enthusiasm

Pages : [1] 2

jesus sucks
March 29th, 2005, 9:07 PM
i could write a 15 page long essay on how brilliant this man is. larry david is the greatest man in the history of america!

has anyone else seen this? i've seen 4 episodes and each one has been a classic. the humor is so dry, and so many embarrassing things happen to this guy. he is the most embarassing man in the entire world lah :lol: crikey

wife: Hey you got a lot of knotts landing going on there larry
larry: eeeuuggghhh i err, i know it's a tv show but i don't get the reference at at. sorry.

:rofl: !!!!!!!!!!!!

"HEY, THE PUBIC HAIR CAME OUT!" :rofl:

"OH, you gonna just THROW my jacket at me now nigga it's like that" :lol:

"FUCK YOU, YOU, CARWASH CUNT!

i am going to buy the dvds and then come back here with more quotes.

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/lions_gate_films/fahrenheit_9_11/larry_david/fahrscreend.jpg

Into the Black
March 29th, 2005, 10:10 PM
I'd have to agree with you there. He is a comedic genious. The show is one of my favorite shows right now which airs new episodes, and each time the situations he gets in are funnier and funnier.

The great thing about the show is how each episode has moments which relate back to former episodes. Once you see them all you can catch all the small things that are put into it.

Ms. Morningstar
March 30th, 2005, 2:31 AM

OMG, that is one the best Curb your Enthusiasm endings EVER. So awesome how when Jeff Greene starting cursing, he just randomly threw in the word "Grandma". That French Tourette's Syndrome chef was as cool as the Soup Nazi.

Then there's that fucking doll episode, which is the best episode ever and one of the best episodes of any show ever on television. "Now I have to explain this rash to a doctor. Oh doctor, I stuck a doll head down my pants... It just feels good... sometimes"

Curb your Enthusiasm is like the best show ever, better than Seinfeld.

Zen
March 30th, 2005, 2:43 AM
The show is greatness. He is a genius, and it's the best thing going.

"Fuck Hueeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!"

Also I enjoy the fact it's not really scripted lines, just set premises, and there is no annoying laugh track trying to tell you when to laugh.

Awesome show.

"that's some penis your sons got ya know". "he's packing a big penis". or something to that effect..lol, who tells some young kids parents the kid has a big dick? :D

Got Dave?
March 30th, 2005, 5:19 AM
i could write a 15 page long essay on how brilliant this man is. larry david is the greatest man in the history of america!

has anyone else seen this? i've seen 4 episodes and each one has been a classic. the humor is so dry, and so many embarrassing things happen to this guy. he is the most embarassing man in the entire world lah :lol: crikey

wife: Hey you got a lot of knotts landing going on there larry
larry: eeeuuggghhh i err, i know it's a tv show but i don't get the reference at at. sorry.

:rofl: !!!!!!!!!!!!

"HEY, THE PUBIC HAIR CAME OUT!" :rofl:

"OH, you gonna just THROW my jacket at me now nigga it's like that" :lol:

i am going to buy the dvds and then come back here with more quotes.

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/lions_gate_films/fahrenheit_9_11/larry_david/fahrscreend.jpg
I'm sure i made a thread like this like a month ago, with that exact same pic! - but yes, it does kick ass!

Hulkamaniac
March 30th, 2005, 8:42 AM
I watched an episode last night. It was the tourettes chef episode and as I was watching it and finding it amusing, it reminded me completely of a more successful Alan Partridge, nowhere near as funny, but still very funny.

So if any Americans ever want a show to compare Alan Partridge to, this is it.

Got Dave?
March 30th, 2005, 9:09 AM
Yeah thats pretty true actually, this is more of a cult show but it has been recommisioned for a 5th series..

You really need to try and download the comeplete 4 series from Bit-Torrent.. the stories follow on pretty well and you need to see alot of them to get the jokes, that "The Opening" episode was the last in the 2nd or 3rd series.

deadmanwalking*
November 7th, 2005, 8:35 AM
I know I am bumping this but didn't wanna start new topic when this is here, just been getting into this prog on More4, excellent stuff, dunno what series they are showing but gonna get some on DVD.

Marlon Dingle
November 27th, 2005, 3:28 PM
Gonna watch it tonight, i think its on at 9:30 on more4.

You just gotta love how the whole episode sets itself up for the last 5 minutes, pure class. one of the funniest of the moment?

P.S did anybody read about the guy whos live was saved by this program.

apparantley some guy was suspected of murdering someone, and he said he was innocent, but he was proven guilty and put on death row.
anywayz months later and curb your enthusiasim is on TV, and larry david is at a basketball match and the guy who was put on death row was in the crowd and it turns out that the basketball match was on the same night of the murder and they happened miles apart making it impossible for the guy to have killed and so he was freed. therefore C.Y.E saved his life.

Second City Saint
November 27th, 2005, 3:36 PM
I love this show because George was my favorite Seinfeld character and this is like an adult Castanza spin off.

Best line:"mom that dirty old man is in the girl's bathroom and he's got something hard in his pants!"

Larry David is God

Second City Saint
November 27th, 2005, 3:37 PM
Gonna watch it tonight, i think its on at 9:30 on more4.

You just gotta love how the whole episode sets itself up for the last 5 minutes, pure class. one of the funniest of the moment?

P.S did anybody read about the guy whos live was saved by this program.

apparantley some guy was suspected of murdering someone, and he said he was innocent, but he was proven guilty and put on death row.
anywayz months later and curb your enthusiasim is on TV, and larry david is at a basketball match and the guy who was put on death row was in the crowd and it turns out that the basketball match was on the same night of the murder and they happened miles apart making it impossible for the guy to have killed and so he was freed. therefore C.Y.E saved his life.
that was actually a baseball game, the Dodgers to be exact. ;)

Marlon Dingle
November 27th, 2005, 6:47 PM
Cheers for the correction.

Second City Saint
November 27th, 2005, 6:48 PM
Cheers for the correction.I do what I can

RebornMoo
November 28th, 2005, 4:49 AM
Lat weeks episode was one of the best ever.

"What I'm driving at... is that I think you stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked out of here with it." Need I say more...

Ace Rockola
November 28th, 2005, 9:00 PM
Yesterday between the Hawks game and Survivor Series I watched a newer episode on my friend's On Demand. The sex offender one. Not perfect like a lot of episodes are, but damn, when he raised his hand when Jeff's kid needed mouth to mouth. Greatness.

The Passion nail one this season is the best I've seen for season 5.

jpowers_55
November 28th, 2005, 9:08 PM
I still havent gotten around to watching season 4 DVD and I bought it 2 months ago.

FaSho34
November 28th, 2005, 9:17 PM
This Show is grand, I have seen the first season on DVD, I need to see more of this, it looks hilarious.

Rali
November 28th, 2005, 11:08 PM
I just bought the first 4 seasons. How long till series 5 finishes? (is released on DVD)

jesus sucks
November 30th, 2005, 2:13 PM
the new series is on E4 atm. the other day the one where he fancies the black nurse/convinces the surrogate to keep her baby/has a heart defect episode was on.

crying with laugher.

Marlon Dingle
December 1st, 2005, 7:20 AM
Yeh best bit had to be, when he pulls over, and goes to call David Schwimmer's dad. Then a Car hits him from behind, and he shouts all this abuse out, oh man i thought it was hilarious too. Then his wife goes tits at him coz he faked a heart attack. The whole thing is just genious.

bionic_redneck
December 2nd, 2005, 1:24 PM
It's a great show, but it's definitely not as funny as it used to be.

Seinfeld > Curb Your Enthusiasm

Bad Collin
April 23rd, 2006, 9:26 AM
It's a great show, but it's definitely not as funny as it used to be.

Seinfeld > Curb Your Enthusiasm

It's at least as good as Seinfeld, I love the incest survivor episode.

"Even when they where having sex with me they are being competitive"

"ummm.....I had sex with my uncle."

Beefy
April 23rd, 2006, 12:58 PM
I bought the first series of this on DVD a couple of weeks ago but not got around to watching it yet. I've heard a lot of good things about it.

Zen
April 23rd, 2006, 1:22 PM
I've got the first 4 seasons. I'm now watching the last 5 shows from that 4th season.

You gotta love the Krayzee-eyez killa eppy.

"gotta have the pussy"

"are you my caucay"

Moz
April 23rd, 2006, 2:54 PM
I love the name Delicious.

I love this show, best comedy around by far. Destroys the competition

Hulkamaniac
April 23rd, 2006, 3:20 PM
Its great, but its not better than either Peep Show, nor Alan Partridge.

jpowers_55
April 23rd, 2006, 3:39 PM
Its easily one of my favorite shows today. I have all 4 seasons on DVD and am waiting for the 5th. They ran a season 5 marathon on New Years Eve 2005and I could have recorded them on DVD but I didnt. Stupid me. :mad:

virms
April 23rd, 2006, 3:50 PM
I love this show. Better than Seinfeld IMO.

I own all five seasons and have the 6th downloaded. I never miss a beat.

Bad Collin
April 23rd, 2006, 6:46 PM
I love this show. Better than Seinfeld IMO.

I own all five seasons and have the 6th downloaded. I never miss a beat.

Vermicious you magnificent bastard!! (love the seinfeld reference)

Anyway, I didn't think they had done that many series, I loved the fourth series especially the last episode. Larry David is a genius.

Moz
April 23rd, 2006, 7:26 PM

It's the best American comedy show by far, and in my opinion the best 'active' comedy show. I've seen little of Peep Show, so I can't comment. But I find some current British comedy too quirky and far fetched. So I rank it as the best comedy show going around.

FaSho34
April 23rd, 2006, 7:42 PM
Funniest....show....ever!

Hulkamaniac
April 24th, 2006, 2:15 AM
It's the best American comedy show by far, and in my opinion the best 'active' comedy show. I've seen little of Peep Show, so I can't comment. But I find some current British comedy too quirky and far fetched. So I rank it as the best comedy show going around.

You simply cannot class it as the best comedy show if theres a lot of British stuff you havent seen for the simple reason that nobody does comedy like the British. Yet oddly...not in films (apart from The Python's of course)

Beefy
April 24th, 2006, 7:28 AM
Just watched the first eight episodes. Absolutely brilliant. I'm getting the other series the second I can get down to HMV.

RRG
April 24th, 2006, 7:59 AM
Just watched the first eight episodes. Absolutely brilliant. I'm getting the other series the second I can get down to HMV.

The Beloved Aunt episode in the first season is amazing. I've seen all 5 series now and it's just fantastic, it's definitely in the same league as Office, Partridge and Peep Show.

And people who say it isn't as good as it used are just trying to sound fashionable, it's still fantastic. Series 4 and 5 still made me laugh throughout it.

RRG
April 24th, 2006, 8:06 AM

I'd say Curb takes alot from British comedies. Where most American comedies traditionally have the primary charachter as someone you can look up to where the "sidekick" someone you can mock. I really think that American comedies have taken alot from their British counterparts. Curb like the Office, Peep Show and Partridge and even older stuff like Hancock etc has a main charachter who is the fall guy and who can create "far fetched" circumstances through the flaws in their own charachter.

I reckon if Larry David had a British accent then everybody in Britain would hold it in the same league as the other elite sitcoms.

Bad Collin
April 24th, 2006, 10:00 AM
Also British comedy is normally about ironic and farcical situations, previously a lot of American sitcom were very wholesome and often quite serious but I think that British comedy took a lot from Seinfeld, which of course Larry is partly responsiible for.

Hulkamaniac
April 24th, 2006, 12:30 PM
I DO hold it in the same league as Partridge and Peep Show etc.

RRG
April 24th, 2006, 12:41 PM
That's because it's fantastic.

Beefy
June 29th, 2006, 6:57 PM
I'm half way through the fourth season of this now. This show just gets better and better. Absolutely amazing. Its ridiculous that its never had a mainstream showing in the UK.

I've got to say, its catching Partridge in terms of being my favourite comedy ever. It'll be interesting to see whether it stands up to multiple repeat viewings like Partridge does.

Beefy
September 3rd, 2007, 9:23 AM
Season 6- (2007) Larry and Cheryl adopt a black family to live in their house after a hurricane destroys their home. Look at the list of CYE episodes for episode titles and dates. Season 6 is set to preimere on Sunday, September 9th With episode 51- "Meet The Blacks"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curb_your_enthusiasm

:hyper:

Brilliance.

cactusmaac
September 3rd, 2007, 10:07 AM
Excellent.

I'd have to say my favourite moment is Larry inadvertently stopping the Jewish guy from getting baptised and then soaking up the congratulations. Second favourite would be when he gets everyone to start swearing at the restaurant.

Jay
September 3rd, 2007, 10:37 AM
Season 6- (2007) Larry and Cheryl adopt a black family to live in their house after a hurricane destroys their home. Look at the list of CYE episodes for episode titles and dates. Season 6 is set to preimere on Sunday, September 9th With episode 51- "Meet The Blacks"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curb_your_enthusiasm

Brilliance.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Fucking hell...I thought this was over?! I've got series one to five on DVD and I never, ever, ever thought they'd be another series. Didn't they say that was it after series five?

Anyway, it doesn't matter...all that matters is there's going to be another series, and maybe even more after that! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

This is MASSIVE news. Cheers for posting that, Beefy.

The Rosk
September 3rd, 2007, 10:48 AM
I had no idea, shows how badly marketed this programme is. I cunting love this programme; it's so strangely easy to watch. May have to get the lads round to watch this when it's out.

HELL'S KITCHEN TONIGHT.

Beefy
September 3rd, 2007, 1:05 PM
So many of my mates borrow my Curb DVDs that I've probably only watched each episode once. I managed to claw Season Four back off of someone the other day so I'm watching that at the moment. The image of Larry running away from Jeff's dog which had just been healed by Wandering Bear and stopping to wave at a fellow Prius driver has stuck with me all day. I just adore this show.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Fucking hell...I thought this was over?! I've got series one to five on DVD and I never, ever, ever thought they'd be another series. Didn't they say that was it after series five?

Anyway, it doesn't matter...all that matters is there's going to be another series, and maybe even more after that! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

This is MASSIVE news. Cheers for posting that, Beefy.

Only seven days to wait, too.

I didn't think people would be aware of this which is why I bumped Tim's thread. Christ knows if/when it'll be broadcast over here. Probably in about three years at 2am on some channel that no-one has ever heard of. Disgraceful.

Simon
September 3rd, 2007, 1:29 PM
I have to admit, the love for Curb perplexes me a bit. I mean...it's ok like...but I don't get the "best comedy show of the 90s" stuff at all. It just leaves me a bit cold. Some good stuff in there, but I find the improvisation hinders the show, and it's quite formulaic. I guess it's one of those shows that I just don't 'get', same as Seinfeld - not that I dislike it, but a great deal of people seem to think it's utterly fantastic, and it's just not IMO. 'Beloved Aunt' was an enjoyable episode, the best I've seen - but even that didn't really kill me or anything. I don't think the show has a particularly nice 'atmosphere' either.

Simon
September 3rd, 2007, 1:34 PM
You simply cannot class it as the best comedy show if theres a lot of British stuff you havent seen for the simple reason that nobody does comedy like the British. Yet oddly...not in films (apart from The Python's of course)

I know it's over a year old, but even then this was an odd opinion to me. There hasn't been any genuinely fantastic British comedy in years, probably since the turn of the century - Peep Show is the only British comedy currently going that even surpasses 'quite good' IMO...whereas America has The US Office, Scrubs (last season was patchy but at it's best was still brilliant), shows like Friends and Arrested Development aren't long finished...whereas British comedy has been on a downhill slide since the early-mid 90s.

I suppose really you're talking about British comedy EVER, and there has been a lot of good stuff...but generally speaking great British comedy died with The Day Today, there hasn't been any genuinely stunning stuff since then. Even Brass Eye, while good, isn't brilliant.

Probably the best British comedy this century wasn't even on television - the radio show "Down The Line" had comfortably more laughs than anything TV has produced in England over the last few years.

Beefy
September 3rd, 2007, 1:34 PM
People who think it is the best show of the 90's are clearly wrong considering it debuted in October 2000.

I'm surprised that you don't like it, Simon, considering you know your comedy. Ricky Gervais admits that Larry David's style massively influenced The Office, although Curb is light-years ahead of the Office. And you know that I liked The Office.

Simon
September 3rd, 2007, 1:38 PM
People who think it is the best show of the 90's are clearly wrong considering it debuted in October 2000.

I'm surprised that you don't like it, Simon, considering you know your comedy. Ricky Gervais admits that Larry David's style massively influenced The Office, although Curb is light-years ahead of the Office. And you know that I liked The Office.The "best comedy of the 90s" thing was paraphrasing, it was me that was wrong - but the sentiment isn't, people seem to claim it as some genuinely brilliant show, and I just don't see it.

If I'm honest, it surprises me as well. I love comedy but I'm far from an elitist, I'm incredibly easily pleased - I maintain that in terms of laughs per minute, Mock The Week beats any 'intelligent' comedy out of the water, and is brilliant for it. I tried to like Curb, downloaded the entire first season with the intent of TRYING to like it because, despite not enjoying the few episodes I'd seen, I'd heard great things about it...but it just felt a bit dull and lifeless to me. Maybe I should have given it more of a chance, for example it took me the best part of a season to really 'get' Arrested Development...but Curb just didn't leave me wanting more at all. Each episode seemed like a chore.

I don't like Gervais' desperate attempts to crowbar himself in alongside Shandling, David etc. Near enough every interview he gives has him dismissing British comedians and saying he thinks he has more in common with those two. He's a one-trick-pony, a bit of a fraud and ultimately he's been found out - the backlash is REALLY beginning with him now.

Just Joe
September 3rd, 2007, 1:39 PM
The interview Gervais did with Larry David was really good. I only got into Curb a few months ago after a mate kept going on about how great it was. Got through all 5 season's in no time. Just really enjoyed them, really looking forward to Season 6.

Off topic but I've recently started to watch Fraiser on the Paramount Comedy channel. Fuck me that is an awesome show. No idea why I haven't watched it before.

Beefy
September 3rd, 2007, 1:50 PM
The "best comedy of the 90s" thing was paraphrasing, it was me that was wrong - but the sentiment isn't, people seem to claim it as some genuinely brilliant show, and I just don't see it.

If I'm honest, it surprises me as well. I love comedy but I'm far from an elitist, I'm incredibly easily pleased - I maintain that in terms of laughs per minute, Mock The Week beats any 'intelligent' comedy out of the water, and is brilliant for it. I tried to like Curb, downloaded the entire first season with the intent of TRYING to like it because, despite not enjoying the few episodes I'd seen, I'd heard great things about it...but it just felt a bit dull and lifeless to me. Maybe I should have given it more of a chance, for example it took me the best part of a season to really 'get' Arrested Development...but Curb just didn't leave me wanting more at all. Each episode seemed like a chore.

I don't like Gervais' desperate attempts to crowbar himself in alongside Shandling, David etc. Near enough every interview he gives has him dismissing British comedians and saying he thinks he has more in common with those two. He's a one-trick-pony, a bit of a fraud and ultimately he's been found out - the backlash is REALLY beginning with him now.

Gervais is an unfunny cunt and I'm fairly sure that I called the backlash on here a couple of years ago.

That shouldn't detract from Larry David's genius though. Other than Partridge, it's my favourite comedy series ever. I can see why you have made the observations that you have about it. It does have it's own style that is quite unlike all other sitcoms that I've seen and it definitely IS formulaic, but I think the genius is in the formulaic nature of the show. Every week you know that Larry is going to annoy or offend someone every five minutes. Every week you know that circumstances will conspire against him and every week you know that everything will come together in the last scene.

It's the little things that he finds humour in - people taking offence to people not wanting a house tour being the example that springs to mind. The number of on-going story-arcs is quite unusual for a sit-com too and is something that probably makes the show difficult to pick up but hard to leave whilst you're into it.

It isn't a laugh-per-minute show like Scrubs or Friends are. That's not what it's trying to be though.

Just Joe
September 3rd, 2007, 2:03 PM
That shouldn't detract from Larry David's genius though. Other than Partridge, it's my favourite comedy series ever. I can see why you have made the observations that you have about it. It does have it's own style that is quite unlike all other sitcoms that I've seen and it definitely IS formulaic, but I think the genius is in the formulaic nature of the show. Every week you know that Larry is going to annoy or offend someone every five minutes. Every week you know that circumstances will conspire against him and every week you know that everything will come together in the last scene.

It's the little things that he finds humour in - people taking offence to people not wanting a house tour being the example that springs to mind. The number of on-going story-arcs is quite unusual for a sit-com too and is something that probably makes the show difficult to pick up but hard to leave whilst you're into it.

It isn't a laugh-per-minute show like Scrubs or Friends are. That's not what it's trying to be though.
Spot on that. You know that he is going to get in some ridiculous situations, some of which are his fault, others the fault of those around him. Perfect example is the Car Pool Lane episode.

By the way, that is one of my favourites. The jury duty scene, the discussion about blowjobs, the whole bit at the stadium, Larry stoned. Classic stuff.

The Rosk
September 3rd, 2007, 2:12 PM
"So, your son. He's got a pretty nice penis."

Simon, watch the Doll Head episode. Definitely my favourite.

GET THE FUCKING HEAD YOU FAT FUCK AND YOU YOU FOUR EYED CUNT. MY DAUGHTER IS IN THERE GOING FUCKING HYSTERICAL.

It's such a simply brilliant show and it's so strange how you can't help but feel for Larry, despite him being a bit of a self-self guy.

Zen
September 3rd, 2007, 2:16 PM
Gervais is an unfunny cunt and I'm fairly sure that I called the backlash on here a couple of years ago.

But then again anyone who laughed once per minute for a show like "Freinds" doesnt exactly enjoy quality comedy. You could see the jokes coming from a mile away on shows like that, and besides that, they were ripping off the best things about better shows like Seinfled, and doing it very poorly.
Freinds is a womans show.

Anyways, the great thing about Curb is that it doesnt tell you when to laugh, or that you even should. It's going on about it's business, and you will either laugh or not..I do, simply for the fact Larry and company argue and get into the silliest shit ever over things that they overthink. Larry and his cutoffs and his rules he seems to have for any sort of situation, minor or not.
Larry has a distinct way of writing(you could see it on Seinfeld, the best sitcom of the 90's) where certain things that dont seem all that major during the show wind up having a huge impact at the end of the show. He ties things together brilliantly.
I knew they were making a 6th season for a while though. It gets better promotion over here I guess. Besides Hockey it's the only other thing on tv that I wont miss.

Simon
September 3rd, 2007, 2:18 PM
Zen, your comment about Friends is bollocks. Not only is it bollocks, it's just the usual received opinion, rent-a-quote bollocks. Friends isn't a smart comedy, but it's far from lowest-common denominator rubbish, and was consistently very funny for the first seven series or so. Even the eighth and ninth series were still excellent, only the tenth series showed a real decline,

Beefy
September 3rd, 2007, 2:28 PM
Lads, lets not get into another Friends arguement.

Simon
September 3rd, 2007, 2:29 PM
Better than fucking Cunt Your Enthusiasm :panic:

Zen
September 3rd, 2007, 2:32 PM
Zen, your comment about Friends is bollocks. Not only is it bollocks, it's just the usual received opinion, rent-a-quote bollocks. Friends isn't a smart comedy, but it's far from lowest-common denominator rubbish, and was consistently very funny for the first seven series or so. Even the eighth and ninth series were still excellent, only the tenth series showed a real decline,

Friends ranks about as highly as Will and Grace to me, Simon. I never really enjoyed it. It was popular because it was easy to get into, but wasn't exactly innovative at all, nor was it particularly that funny. It was a mish-mash of every other show out there with a cast of good looking, attractive people that managed to get a lot of media hype.

But let us not taint this CYE thread with chatter about Freinds. Ew.

Simon
September 3rd, 2007, 2:35 PM
Again, that is the ignorant, uneducated rubbish I mentioned before. Mistaking the glossy look for shallow quality. It's simply untrue, whether that is said in this thread or another.

RRG
September 3rd, 2007, 2:41 PM
Allot of the criticisms are based on it not being a traditional sitcom, but I think Curb prides itself on that. Shows like Scrubs and Friends are basically rehashing an old style and doing it for a modern audience, where as Curb has managed to create a tone unlike anything else. I respect Larry David so much, because he has managed to make a mainstream sitcom (Seinfeld) which didn't just pander to the mainstream audience and was instead extremely original. Then Curb comes out and it's basically his labour of love and that's part of the reason it is so enjoyable.

When you watch Curb the jokes are always fresh, he only gets cameos if they can really add to the story. It's the perfect analogy of comparing Gervais to David in the way that they both use Celebrity cameos. David genuinely can make them look quite bad without using the classic Gervais tool of "WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE I'M NOT ABOVE PARODYING MYSELF LOL" that Gervais uses in extras.

I think the main thing that's endearing about it is that he is an everyman. It's pretty cool to watch a guy who has had all the success in the world but is still extremely petty and hasn't let it go to his head at all. He is likeable in the show because he has really put himself out there to be judged negatively while not many actors/creators of series are willing to do that. It's the fact he doesn't seem to have any ego.

Five top episodes if I had to choose:

1. The Car Pool Lane
2. The Doll
3. The Beloved Cunt
4. The Grand Opening
5. The Ski Lift.

There are some episodes which don't have that amazing revelation at the end which can make it a bit slower; however, I think once the genius of the show clicks, you begin to literally find every little thing funny. The dialogue has become part of the way my friends speak in the same way that the Office used to.

And Beefy...I wouldn't describe Scrubs or Friends as "Laugh a Minute"...Arrested Development and Partridge are laugh a minute.

Zen
September 3rd, 2007, 2:42 PM
Ok Simon we'll pretend the glossy sheen of Freinds is the sole reason the show was overrated. It's a part of the reason why it got overrated but it has nothing at all to do with the way it was written and scripted. Which imo, was of shallow quality.

What made it stand out? Certainly not the writing. The jokes? Meh, they were telegraphed a mile away.

I dont like telegraphication.

RRG
September 3rd, 2007, 2:43 PM
Again, that is the ignorant, uneducated rubbish I mentioned before. Mistaking the glossy look for shallow quality. It's simply untrue, whether that is said in this thread or another.

It's not ignorant, especially when you see a show like Arrested Development and see the difference in quality of the comedy between that and Friends when they both go for the constant laugh vibe.

When I watch Arrested I am just shocked at how good it is no matter how many times I watch it. If I watch a Friends episode for the first time I groan at the majority of the jokes.

Or even to put it on topic, the jokes that are off the cuff in curb hold up a lot better than any wacky friends line.

Simon
September 3rd, 2007, 2:46 PM
Arrested Development is on a different level entirely, it's criminal that it's not higher rated. I just find that the vast majority of Friends' detractors seem to project their dislike of the POPULARITY of the show onto the show itself.

I haven't really got energy to argue the Friends debate again, even though it's easier for me because I'm right. So all I can say from this point is that David is responsible for maybe my favourite opening line of a stand-up show ever:

"Let me tell you something about good-looking people...we're not liked."

Fantastic.

RRG
September 3rd, 2007, 2:50 PM
Haha that is genius, I hadn't seen that before.

Beefy
September 3rd, 2007, 3:07 PM
Five top episodes if I had to choose:

1. The Car Pool Lane
2. The Doll
3. The Beloved Cunt
4. The Grand Opening
5. The Ski Lift.

That's a cracking top five. I watched the Car Pool episode last night for only the second time and loved every moment of it. I'm wathcing The Grand Opening right now.

"YOU

WILL

FAIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL"

The Ski Lift is my favourite though. I'd struggle to leave The Group (with the incest survivors) and Krazee Eyez Killa off of my top five too.

virms
September 3rd, 2007, 7:47 PM
I fucking can't wait for this show to start again. I couldn't even begin to list my top five as so many episodes are just way too genuinely funny to compare.

I am surprised no one has mentioned the racist dog Shepard :lol:

This also makes me think of the great character Wanda Sykes plays of herself.

RRG
September 3rd, 2007, 10:32 PM
That's a cracking top five. I watched the Car Pool episode last night for only the second time and loved every moment of it. I'm wathcing The Grand Opening right now.

"YOU

WILL

FAIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL"

The Ski Lift is my favourite though. I'd struggle to leave The Group (with the incest survivors) and Krazee Eyez Killa off of my top five too.

Choosing a top five is pretty impossible.

The Survivor...

YOU KNOW MY BROTHER DIED ON SEPTEMBER 11TH??

Larry: With all due respect, wasn't that just a coincidence?

I'd say rather than a top five, I think there are two tiers of Curb episodes, the funny episodes that advance the story of the season extremely well, and then the episodes where the stars align and there is an epitome of comic perfection in the last scene. To illustrate this epitome of comic perfection, I will use Erv Schwimmers answer phone message..

Larry David, this is Erv Schwimmer. You scumsuckng, motherfucking asshole! Just who the fuck do you think you are, you bald-headed son of a bitch?

DUN DUN DUN DUN DA DUN DA DUN DA DUN..

p.s. How important is the music, like the different music for walking down the street, for battling with his conscience, for scoping someone one...it's amazing.

The Great Dave
September 5th, 2007, 7:51 PM
IT'S NOT DEAD?

*SCREAMS OF JOY*

Simon
September 9th, 2007, 10:31 AM
Right cunts, give me a list of good scenes in Curb. I'm going to have a look at them on YouTube and try to convince myself that this show isn't overrated mediocrity!

RRG
September 9th, 2007, 5:40 PM
The thing is, it's not a clip show. The genius of it lies in that each episode ends up coming to a beautiful comic climax. I think it's after you hook onto that genius, that's when you begin to notice how brilliantly done it is made throughout the entire episode and how good the improv is. Just download some episodes and give it a chance as I really think anyone who gives this a chance and doesn't enjoy it is either simple, or has something wrong with them.

It's not just that it's brilliant, it's also extremely ballsy as it doesn't pander to the way a sitcom is meant to be, it really pays off.

Trying to judge a sitcom like curb on clips is like listening to 30 seconds of Stairway to Heaven and saying "Ach, the voice is a bit odd, I just don't get what this Led Zepplin fuss is all about."

RRG
September 9th, 2007, 5:45 PM
But then again, if you must judge it on a clip...

http://larrydavid.livedigital.com/#:t=channelAll:o=20:c=1604920

Simon
September 9th, 2007, 5:45 PM
I'm about to watch the very first episode (well, after the pilot), The Pants Tent. I saw it once a few years ago, although I don't remember if I liked it or not. Here goes.

Bad Collin
September 9th, 2007, 5:47 PM
Just watching the Shaq episode now, great stuff.

Just Joe
September 9th, 2007, 6:19 PM
I'm about to watch the very first episode (well, after the pilot), The Pants Tent. I saw it once a few years ago, although I don't remember if I liked it or not. Here goes.
Watch "The Car Pool Lane". Think it's from Season 3. Arguably the best episode. Some classic Curb moments in it.

virms
September 9th, 2007, 9:27 PM
New one tonight :hyper:

RRG
September 9th, 2007, 9:53 PM
Could some legend please upload it?

virms
September 9th, 2007, 10:10 PM
I will see what I can do in a bit. Won't be able to get anything done uploading wise until TNA is done recording.

RRG
September 9th, 2007, 10:31 PM
That would be ruddy bloody lovely.

virms
September 10th, 2007, 1:08 AM
Here is a torrent link for now.

http://www.mininova.org/tor/879867

The Great Dave
September 10th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Wow, what a great episode. I was worried after all the rumours and lack of certainty the show would even be coming back, but it lost it's pace at all. Do we know how many episodes are in the season?

Bad Obsession
September 10th, 2007, 12:46 PM
It's usually 10, I think.

Really good episode. I was surprised that it was less about the black family and more about everyone trying to skip the parties since it seemed like there was enough racial material you could use to fill half an hour of Larry living with a black family, but it was very funny nonetheless. Not quite up there with the golden Curb stuff but I liked it much more than I did most of the season 5 episodes.

Just Joe
September 10th, 2007, 1:40 PM
Any links for a streaming video of the new ep? Can't be doing with torrents. Cheers.

RRG
September 10th, 2007, 7:45 PM
Yeah the torrents isn't working for me, I have scoured Youtube, Dailymotion, tv-links, alluc...can't find it anywhere.

Beefy
September 10th, 2007, 7:51 PM
Fucking, fucking, fucking hell. Completely forgot about this somehow, despite spending all last week completely hyper about it.

I'll download it now.

H2K
September 10th, 2007, 7:53 PM
Great episode, I want some cake now... but not in a gay way.... :ugh:

I was surprised that it was less about the black family and more about everyone trying to skip the parties since it seemed like there was enough racial material you could use to fill half an hour of Larry living with a black family, but it was very funny nonetheless.

I think this is going to last a couple episodes, if not the whole season, with the Blacks. Since we've already seen a clip on hbo.com that wasn't in last night's show.

Beefy
September 10th, 2007, 7:55 PM
http://d01.megashares.com/?d01=30cf52b

For anyone who can't find a torent.

RRG
September 10th, 2007, 8:08 PM
I might be retarded, but what do I do to get this to work?

Jay
September 11th, 2007, 6:39 AM
The torrent file, or the link Beefy posted? I'll just try my best to describe both ways, although I'm not really that good with this kind of stuff...I just know the basics.

With the link Beefy posted to: Just smash in the code it tells you to put in and it'll download it. It might work with Windows Media Player, but since it's a XVid file, you might need a DivX Player, which you can download for free off their website.

For the torrent file: Go to utorrent.com and download the latest version, which I think is 1.7.4. Once it's downloaded, go to http://www.mininova.org/tor/879867 and click on 'download this torrent'. It should open automatically in utorrent. If not, drag the CYE torrent into utorrent and it'll work that way. They've got guides and FAQ's and stuff on utorrent's website if you get stuck...or someone with a bit more knowledge than me will come along and give you a hand.

It really is the best way to download stuff, I think. I wasn't too sure about it all at first either, but I've read around a couple of places and I now get really high speeds for my downloads. Friday posted a thread linking to a really good article a while back: http://forums.rajah.com/showthread.php?t=126837 Once you're all set up, give it a read, as it'll well worth it.

Bad Obsession
September 11th, 2007, 9:15 AM
I think this is going to last a couple episodes, if not the whole season, with the Blacks. Since we've already seen a clip on hbo.com that wasn't in last night's show.
Ah, excellent. I'll have to go and watch that.

Whenever Larry is around black people the show gets infinitely better.

Faceless
September 11th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Yeah, there's usually been some sort of story arc for a season and I assume the Blacks are it.

Brilliant episode.

"Where were you?"
"Ate some penis."

RRG
September 11th, 2007, 12:57 PM
I've heard a few people saying it's not that good an episode, but I think typically in the first episode the focus has to be on setting the scene for the whole series. It maybe wasn't a "car pool lane" or a "ski lift" but it was still incredibly funny. It's not missed a beat.

HEY SCHMOHAWK!

Just Joe
September 11th, 2007, 2:32 PM
"That would be like if my name was Larry Jew."

:lol:

Beefy
September 11th, 2007, 6:38 PM
Just watched it. Pretty good. Preeeeetttty good.

Pretty good.

The Great Dave
September 11th, 2007, 7:04 PM
So I'm motivated to go watch my season 5 DVD after that. Curb is back bitch.

*edit* Haha, apparently the last episode of Season 6 is called "The N Word". Larry David, you complete me.

cactusmaac
September 13th, 2007, 5:37 AM
"Can I get you a drink, Richard?"

"No thanks, I'm a recovering alcoholic." :)

I'd be happy if they ditched Marty Funkhauser since he adds nothing. Anyone know if Wanda's in the series? Her chemistry with Larry is always great.

RRG
September 13th, 2007, 8:27 AM
I'd be happy if they ditched Marty Funkhauser since he adds nothing. Anyone know if Wanda's in the series? Her chemistry with Larry is always great.

Marty Funkhauser adds nothing? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???

He is consistently brilliant.

Romford Pele
September 13th, 2007, 10:22 AM
"You cunt! What a cunt you are!"

Sorry just wanted to put a classic one in from series 2 (Card game one).

This show is just legendary, like beefy says its in the same league as Alan Partridge for me. Stuff like Friends just doesnt hold a candle. By far the best comedy to come out of the US though Seinfeld and Frasier are great.

Love the wedding one from series 2 as well if anyone has seen that?

Jew - "When you said you didnt know what a baptism was, that was genius"

Larry - "Well...."

cactusmaac
September 13th, 2007, 10:33 AM
That's easily my favourite moment, closely followed by the finale in the restaurant.

RFF Champ
September 13th, 2007, 12:08 PM
I watched the opening of series 6 with a friend today and it was the first Curb Your Enthusiasm episode I have ever seen.

Safe to say, I loved it.

I will most definitely be watching the other series when I get a chance. It really surprised me because I just didn't think it would be for me but it was superb.

The bit with the black people was hilarious, I was literally in stitches. I can't believe I didn't give this show a chance earlier.

Jay
September 13th, 2007, 4:39 PM
Black penis cake :lol:

"Where have you been?"

"Eating some penis..."

Ah, good to see Curb hasn't lost its touch. It's like it's never been away...

Cactus Lem
September 16th, 2007, 12:28 PM
I've really gotten into Curb over the summer. I borrowed Series 1 from a friend as he recommended it to me, and I instantly loved it. From June until September I've made my way through Series 1-4, and will probably purchase Series 5 on DVD over the next couple of weeks. I've also managed to get my mum and ad into it as well, which is cool.

I'd seriously put it up there as far as my favourite sitcoms go, I'd seriously consider putting it just under Partridge and Only Fools.

Beefy
September 16th, 2007, 5:14 PM
"Can I get you a drink, Richard?"

"No thanks, I'm a recovering alcoholic." :)

I don't know whether Wanda is in but considering the whole plot with The Blacks I'm sure she will be. But I do know that Steve Coogan is in at least one episode this season playing a psychiatrist.

Steve Coogan & Larry David on screen at the same time. In a show that is essentially improvised. Fucking hell.

Beefy
September 16th, 2007, 5:22 PM
But then again, if you must judge it on a clip...

http://larrydavid.livedigital.com/#:t=channelAll:o=20:c=1604920

bwahahaha, that's a fucking great shout.

These big vagina ladies are getting away with murder.

H2K
September 16th, 2007, 7:55 PM
Here is a torrent link for now.

http://www.mininova.org/tor/879867

got one for yesterdays episode? :wired:

Fulham Road Supporter
September 16th, 2007, 8:02 PM
But I do know that Steve Coogan is in at least one episode this season playing a psychiatrist.

Steve Coogan & Larry David on screen at the same time. In a show that is essentially improvised. Fucking hell.

:eek: Wow, didn't know he would be in it. Fucking brilliant.

Why does Larry need another fucking psychiatrist though they should give him a different role.

virms
September 16th, 2007, 8:22 PM
got one for yesterdays episode? :wired:

Doesn't air until 10 pm CST tonight. So, nope.

RRG
September 16th, 2007, 10:52 PM
:eek: Wow, didn't know he would be in it. Fucking brilliant.

Why does Larry need another fucking psychiatrist though they should give him a different role.

I think the joke is that he's so neurotic that he needs a psychiatrist, but the fact he's so neurotic means he can't find one that he finds suitable, so he remains incredibly neurotic.

virms
September 16th, 2007, 11:47 PM
Episode 2

http://d01.megashares.com/?d01=36f099f

http://www.mininova.org/tor/892229

H2K
September 17th, 2007, 1:57 AM
J.B. Smoove was great as Leon, loved his interactions with Larry. The bear thing was pretty sick, even for Larry... and that's saying something haha

Bad Obsession
September 17th, 2007, 4:06 AM
That episode was amazing. Up there with the best of Curb for me. :lol: You gotta love Susie. The show just isn't the same when she's not on a tirade about something.

'You have brought your semen outside of our home? That's adultery! That's cheating on me! You masturbate in this house and this house alone!' :rofl:

virms
September 17th, 2007, 4:05 PM
This is shaping up to be the best season yet. I hope they really expand on Ted Danson supposedly jacking off onto stuffed animals.

Jay
September 17th, 2007, 4:06 PM
'This is a new low, even for you, Larry. You came over yesterday, you went to the bathroom and you choked it on Sammy's teddy bear in some kind of revenge masturbatory payback.'

That was an excellent episode. I think I might even go as far as to say it's up there with the best of Curb. So many little pieces, all continuously clicking together throughout, and coming together at the end. I know that's the norm for Curb, but it was done absolutely perfectly in this latest episode.

Jay
September 17th, 2007, 4:12 PM
I also loved how Larry tried the friendly slap thing on Susie and she whacked him back, telling him to get his fucking hands off her ahahaha :heart: Susie

El Capitano Gatisto
September 17th, 2007, 4:43 PM
I didn't watch this for ages but I got the second series in for free over this past week from On Demand. Addicted now. I have to borrow the DVDs off somebody.

It's brilliance.

Beefy
September 17th, 2007, 7:22 PM

It's far better than Peep Show. I'm leaning towards it being better than Partridge too, although I feel dirty thinking that. I never thought any show would displace Partridge's place in my heart.

Zen
September 17th, 2007, 7:26 PM
The only show that really challeneges Curb is Seinfeld and it's no coincidence as to why.

The Great Dave
September 17th, 2007, 7:49 PM
Curb is far beyond Partridge for me. Not least because it's actually managed to have more than one good season. Partridge's second series was complete shit.

Ringo
September 18th, 2007, 6:47 AM
Partridge's second series was complete shit.

:nono:

Shocking scenes. Most people do prefer the first, but the second is right up there with it for me.

Bad Obsession
September 18th, 2007, 6:53 AM
The only show that really challeneges Curb is Seinfeld and it's no coincidence as to why.
Is the right answer.

No other American or Brit sitcom can come close to Seinfeld/Curb.

Cactus Lem
September 18th, 2007, 6:59 AM
Curb is far beyond Partridge for me. Not least because it's actually managed to have more than one good season. Partridge's second series was complete shit.

That's simply not true.

The Great Dave
September 18th, 2007, 10:43 AM
It is. I was a huge I'm Alan Partridge fan. I pretty much had the first series memorised before the second series started, by the end I couldn't bare to watch it.

The Rosk
September 18th, 2007, 10:46 AM
The second series is fucking great you nonce Mario slag.

Cactus Lem
September 18th, 2007, 10:47 AM
It is. I was a huge I'm Alan Partridge fan. I pretty much had the first series memorised before the second series started, by the end I couldn't bare to watch it.

So did I, still do, then I basically memorised the second series because it was also immense.

What the hell is so bad about it? The only episode I dislike is the Spike on the Foot, which I think goes a little to over the top, but everything else from that series was awesome, and I can't see how it was any less great than the first.

Ringo
September 18th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Yeah, I find it very hard to see how someone could enjoy the first series so much but hate the second.

Just Joe
September 18th, 2007, 10:51 AM
I liked the Dante Fires episode.

"FULL BEAM!", "The first award is for Best...Christ.", the bit with the door-table, baby h/Alan on morphine.

The Great Dave
September 18th, 2007, 11:07 AM
The whole second series was like a self parody. Alan was completely dislikeable and somebody you couldn't have any sympathy towards, his girlfriend was a fucking waste of space and I can barely remember any of the stories. Maybe I was harder on it at the time because I'd been looking forward to it for so long but I was incredibly disappointed.

I didn't think anybody would disagree with me, I thought it was the common consensus that they should never have made a second series. Guess I was wrong.

The second series is fucking great you nonce Mario slag.

I love you too.

Cactus Lem
September 18th, 2007, 11:39 AM
The whole second series was like a self parody. Alan was completely dislikeable and somebody you couldn't have any sympathy towards, his girlfriend was a fucking waste of space and I can barely remember any of the stories. Maybe I was harder on it at the time because I'd been looking forward to it for so long but I was incredibly disappointed.

I didn't think anybody would disagree with me, I thought it was the common consensus that they should never have made a second series. Guess I was wrong.

I love you too.

I think Alan being dislikable has been a theme of Partridge from the start, even back as far his radio shows. I didn't see much of a difference in his character from Season 1 to Season 2, so I don't really see where you're coming from with that point of view.

RRG
September 18th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Is the right answer.

Although Curb and Seinfeld are both amazing, I really think in terms of comedy and influence, the Office and Fawlty Towers come very close, and then on terms of just pure laughs Partridge cannot be ignored.

Bad Obsession
September 18th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Curb and Seinfeld are easily funnier than all three of those combined for me.

Considering the slating Dave is getting I'm probably not safe saying this but I've never understood the Partridge love really. I enjoy Saxondale more to be brutally honest. I do like it but it wouldn't come close to one of my favourite comedies.

For me the only Brit comedy to come close to Curb/Seinfeld is The Office. I've always thought that the older classics (Fawlty Towers, Only Fools and Horses etc) are somewhat overrated as much as I like them. I got all the Only Fools and Horses series a while ago and half of the episodes were really dull. There is some classic stuff in there but it was in the minority.

Whereas the first 8 seasons of Seinfeld and the first 4 of Curb are pretty much flawless in my book.

RRG
September 18th, 2007, 12:19 PM

I love you too.

That was the very crux of the series, you were meant to have sympathy for him in the first series, because he was extremely low. But in a way, you should have more sympathy for him in the second series. He's older but his meagre lot is a girlfriend who can't speak English, A book that doesn't sell, a lexus, and a cable show on UK conquest. That is nowhere near as significant as having a second series of his BBC talk show, but yet he is grasping onto the small glory of them for as much as he can. He is still his own worst enemy because the underlying plot is that he hasn't actually made very much money from his new jobs but he has just spending way over his means on rebuilding a house and car.

He has put so much stock into his "new life", which is represented by his book. The end of the series has his book being pulped, he only became more dislikable because he became more pathetic, which in a way, should give you more sympathy for him.

Not forgetting the second series had some of the most pure laugh out loud moments in comedy history, especially this little ditty: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uIqa11NCbmA

Ringo
September 18th, 2007, 12:20 PM
I think Alan being dislikable has been a theme of Partridge from the start, even back as far his radio shows. I didn't see much of a difference in his character from Season 1 to Season 2, so I don't really see where you're coming from with that point of view.

Same here really. I've heard that viewpoint before from a couple of people, but it's a pretty ridiculous opinion to be fair.

I see little change in his character between the two series and I'm pretty sure that the general consesus between those with a sense of humour is that the second series was fucking brilliant.

RRG
September 18th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Curb and Seinfeld are easily funnier than all three of those combined for me.

Considering the slating Dave is getting I'm probably not safe saying this but I've never understood the Partridge love really. I enjoy Saxondale more to be brutally honest. I do like it but it wouldn't come close to one of my favourite comedies.

For me the only Brit comedy to come close to Curb/Seinfeld is The Office. I've always thought that the older classics (Fawlty Towers, Only Fools and Horses etc) are somewhat overrated as much as I like them. I got all the Only Fools and Horses series a while ago and half of the episodes were really dull. There is some classic stuff in there but it was in the minority.

Whereas the first 8 seasons of Seinfeld and the first 4 of Curb are pretty much flawless in my book.

You wouldn't have Curb without fawlty towers. Fawlty Towers is the only other sitcom ever made bar Seinfeld and Curb which has been able to do the "story a meets stories B and C to cause a crescendo". Fawlty Towers probably has the longest lasting influence of any other sitcom. I think it takes a very special comedy to be able to pull this off without seeming predictable and laboured. A perfect example of this is Extras...Gervais and Merchant went for a completely original style of comedy in the Office which made it genius. Then there's Extras, they blatantly tried to do what Curb does with it's story arc but it's not there style of comedy and it didn't work well at all.

I think you should watch Fawlty Towers after you have watched Curb and you'll see that they are pretty similair both in style, and how incredibly brilliant they are.

Bad Obsession
September 18th, 2007, 12:32 PM
I agree it's genius in that aspect and I'm aware of how influential it is but I simply don't enjoy it as much as I do Curb. Larry and Seinfeld's sense of humour is just much more up my alley.

The characters, themes of the show etc just make those two shows untouchable in my eyes.

Vice
September 18th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Had to GIF this:

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t295/EnviousArt/Curb.gif

Spoiler for those who haven't seen it yet. I :heart: Curb.

Zen
September 18th, 2007, 1:08 PM
"OH NO YOU DON'T!!!!!!" ^

Ringo
September 18th, 2007, 1:09 PM
Had to GIF this:

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t295/EnviousArt/Curb.gif

Spoiler for those who haven't seen it yet. I :heart: Curb.

Absolutely fantastic.:yes:

Beefy
September 18th, 2007, 2:19 PM
That's simply not true.

In The Great Dave's defence, if the threads from 2003 are still around here (which I think they are) then you'd see that a lot of people on here at the time were very disappointed with the second season of Partridge when it was originally on. One of the great things about the two series of Partridge though is the way that they stand up to multiple viewings and I'd personally now put most of season two alongside the original.

Not all though, I hate the second half of the Dantes Fire episode including that bloody spike. Not a fan of I know What Alan Did Last Summer either, especially the stuff with the Inland Revenue and 'Bono's' House.

El Capitano Gatisto
September 18th, 2007, 2:43 PM
I love Alan Partridge but I don't think the second series stands up to the first either. There's no way it could, I think, considering there was a pretty massive break between them and Coogan was a bit reluctant to go back to it. The Day Today, Knowing Me, Knowing You and the first series of I'm Alan Partridge are all classic stuff. The second series is merely good stuff, in my opinion. I still watch it if it's on, but it's not brilliant.

The Great Dave
September 18th, 2007, 5:23 PM

The difference is I felt sorry for Alan quite a lot in the first series, which made up for the fact he's pretty much a bit of a tit. There were many moments where I felt really sorry for Alan, and the way the last episode ended kinda summed up the series. The second set...I don't know if maybe I was just harder to please but there wasn't as much there for me to feel sympathetic towards. It was more slapstick, Alan's CRAZY humour, it didn't work for me. I didn't like the characters, I didn't laugh at the scenarios (the episode with them going to London and ending with a guy dressed like Bono was fucking awful) and it was very...like somebody was doing a pisstake of the first series.

I've never watched the second series again bar a couple of repeats, so maybe if I went back to it without being able to feel disappointed I may rate it a bit more.

Beefy
September 18th, 2007, 6:03 PM
There's some classic stuff in the second season. In off the red.

The Great Dave
September 18th, 2007, 6:12 PM
There's funny moments but I don't think there's funny episodes.

Anyway, I've just put season one of Curb in my DVD drive, I've watched Season 5 and 3 so far the last few days. Probably my favourite sitcom ever.

Beefy
September 19th, 2007, 9:52 AM
There's funny moments but I don't think there's funny episodes.

That simply isn't true. Brave Alan & Never Say Alan Again were glorious.

But, yeah, back to Curb....

The Rosk
September 19th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Brave and Never Say Never stand up almost on a level with the first series.

However, the I... Last Summer is pretty shit towards the end. What a horrible ending. He must have been coked off his skull when writing that. And the Inland Revenue ladies were fucking rubbish.

I also thought the Dante's fires one wasn't great at first, but it stands up really well to repeat viewings. Some of the things he says in his speech are brilliant on second look. I didn't even get the "No you CAN'T"/"Well there's no need for that" bit for about a year. "Just because I've got a shit table".

I'm honestly finding the second series immensely quotable. Purely through the amount of times I've seen the first series in my life, I would prefer to throw on the second series in a choice between the two now.

The Great Dave
September 19th, 2007, 5:17 PM
I think the second series is quotable, but it just seems very slapstick and not quite as...I dunno, witty as the first series? I know it was never some incredibly sophisticated humour but I felt like it just seemed dumbed down a little to the point where Alan was a caricature. But I've only watched most those episodes twice at the most where as the first series I've seen them all at least 10 times, so I may be an unfair judge.

RFF Champ
September 20th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Which evening does this air in the US?

virms
September 20th, 2007, 4:03 PM
Sunday

H2K
September 21st, 2007, 10:54 PM
CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM 53: THE IDA FUNKHOUSER ROADSIDE MEMORIAL

Larry argues with Susie and Richard Lewis over condolences, confronts a pair of "sample abusers," at an ice-cream parlor and a perfumery, and is accused of pinching flowers by Marty Funkhouser in Episode 53: The Ida Funkhouser Roadside Memorial. Premieres Sunday Sept. 23 at 10pm.

:heart:

Fulham Road Supporter
September 21st, 2007, 10:58 PM
Does anyone else use Larry David stuff when out with mates? Whenever a waiter(ess) asks if we're enjoying a meal for example, I always says it's pretty good, Pritt-ay, pritt-ay, pritt-ay good. Or else just 'meh'.

Same with when I order chicken, I then look at a mate and say Chicken, Chicken, Chicken.

The Great Dave
September 21st, 2007, 11:05 PM
I said "prettttttttttttttty good in conversation yesterday. Apart from the fourth season which I can't find my copy of I've watched every episode of Curb over the last week and a bit. It's pretttty good!

Beefy
September 22nd, 2007, 6:57 AM
I've found myself descibing things as "pretty good.... preetttyyy, preetttyyy, preetttyyy good" quite a lot recently.

Beefy
September 22nd, 2007, 6:58 AM
I'm sure that at one point last night I used the sentence "these big vagina ladies are getting away with murder" too.

Just Joe
September 22nd, 2007, 7:26 AM
I've found myself descibing things as "pretty good.... preetttyyy, preetttyyy, preetttyyy good" quite a lot recently.
Aha, I'm doing that a lot as well.

virms
September 22nd, 2007, 10:21 PM
I have never found the pretty good thing that funny.

I have always been fond of doing the staredown to people I know when I think they are lying to me. It really fucks with people's head. I can only imagine if you did it to a stranger.

RRG
September 23rd, 2007, 1:59 AM
I have never found the pretty good thing that funny.

Get out.

virms
September 23rd, 2007, 2:01 AM
Get out.

Yeah, you are the expert.

Seriously, the stare down for the lie is much funnier than pretty good.

Actually, stealing his golf club back from the corpse is the best. If I ever get in the situation to try this, I might.

Motherboy
September 23rd, 2007, 2:34 AM
http://www.lowculture.com/archives/images/ep28_larry_krazee.jpg

"Check it out, Larry. You like eating pussy?"

virms
September 23rd, 2007, 2:47 AM
Are you my Caucasian Adair?

Motherboy
September 23rd, 2007, 3:00 AM
Oh, I'm your caucasian. I so badly want a picture of his face at the end of his rap.

"See, then in the video I'll look like this..."

Here. http://youtube.com/watch?v=FCzdEAy8WOw

H2K
September 24th, 2007, 3:29 AM
Oh man, tonight's episode was definitely my favorite so far. :lol:

Jay
September 24th, 2007, 7:54 AM
Season Six, Episode 3 torrent: http://www.mininova.org/tor/905276

Jay
September 24th, 2007, 8:03 AM
Oh, I'm your caucasian. I so badly want a picture of his face at the end of his rap.

"See, then in the video I'll look like this..."

Here. http://youtube.com/watch?v=FCzdEAy8WOwhttp://www.free-picture-host.com/images/IQU9AH1190635406.jpg

?

Jay
September 24th, 2007, 8:45 AM
Three minutes in and two brilliant lines already...

"On the days I want sex, I'm a lot nicer. Oh yeah, I'm nice the whole day. And then we'll have sex, and then I'll just go back to the way I am. It's fascinating." ahahahahaha

'You're abusing your sampling privileges!"

I :heart: Larry David.

Edit: "Your lines move completely disproportionately." ahahahahaha I absolutely loved the queue thing. It's so true.

Also, it's been said before many times and I'll say it again - the music in Curb is second to none. It just fits so well. For a really good example, look at the scene in the latest episode where Larry steals flowers from the memorial spot and then runs back to his car. It's about twelve minutes in.

Great episode and Curb maintains its superb form. That episode might crack my top five.

Bad Obsession
September 24th, 2007, 12:40 PM
That episode was fucking flawless. :lol: Stealing things from a dead person is a new low even for Larry.

Jeff saying about how Larry has fucked him hard was fantastic.

The Great Dave
September 25th, 2007, 5:07 AM
T
Jeff saying about how Larry has fucked him hard was fantastic.

:yesyes:

Awesome episode, show, man.

cactusmaac
September 27th, 2007, 7:04 AM
Is the right answer.

I think Arrested Development is up there. IMO it's probably better than Seinfeld, and I'm a huge Seinfeld fan.

RRG
October 1st, 2007, 10:25 AM
Anyone have a means by which I can watch the newest episode?

Jay
October 1st, 2007, 1:57 PM
http://www.mininova.org/tor/917121 :yes:

I :heart: Mondays now.

RFF Champ
October 1st, 2007, 2:08 PM
Just watched it and I enjoyed it. I didn't think it was as good as the previous 3 but good nonetheless.

The "get in his ass" and the lefty phone conversation were both gold and there were plenty of other bits that made me laugh.

Consistent.

Bad Obsession
October 1st, 2007, 2:25 PM
I've not laughed so much at a TV episode in ages. :rofl:

Up there with Curb's best. Maybe top 10. I won't even try to remember the best quotes because I'd be quoting 28 minutes worth. :yes:

RRG
October 1st, 2007, 9:21 PM
Cheers Jay.

Well that episode was rather phenomenal. The Blacks are a stroke of genius, he uses them quite sparingly so when he does it's amazing. Leon is wonderful and Larry is brilliant with Aunty Ray.

This season has been stellar though, we now had a strong Lewis episode, a strong Funkhouser episode and a strong Danson episode. The series really has a big cast with all the people he can use in his life and he has found a great balance.

Ringo
October 2nd, 2007, 4:50 PM
Ahaaha, Leon is fucking fantastic.

Another great episode. :yes:

RFF Champ
October 2nd, 2007, 5:03 PM
I've used that Leon quote "get in his ass immediately. Open the door spray paint etc." twice already.

Fantastic scene.

virms
October 3rd, 2007, 2:23 AM
Leon is quickly becoming my favorite character. He damn near steals every scene he is in. Even when he is not technically in them. :lol: The skinhead bit was great.

The Great Dave
October 3rd, 2007, 6:05 AM
Why is Curb so much better than everything else? Why can't other people try.

RRG
October 8th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Any torrents lads?

The Great Dave
October 8th, 2007, 10:17 AM
I recommend eztvefnet.org. I get all my shows from there and they're pretty fast.

Jay
October 8th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Probably the least spectacular of the series so far, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, as it was still pretty good. McEnroe made for a great cameo and was most definitely the highlight. I don't know if it's me, but not an awful lot seemed to happen in that episode.

Vice
October 8th, 2007, 1:17 PM
I thought the episode was fantastic. Not much was accomplished, but I was pissing myself laughing the entire 30 minutes.

Brilliant show.

Bad Obsession
October 8th, 2007, 1:36 PM
Compared to the awesomeness of last week it was a bit underwhelming, but still a fantastic episode. I liked the randomness of it.

I really hope they focus on Larry and Ted one more time this season. The tension between them has been building a lot. I want something epic to happen between them. I would say a fight, but I know Larry can come up with something better than that.

Ringo
October 11th, 2007, 4:44 PM
Loved that episode. Absolutely fantastic. McEnroe, the FREAKS book, the Driver, the whole burial plot shenanigans. LOVE it.

RFF Champ
October 15th, 2007, 1:37 PM
Fantastic episode. This show is amazing. I'm watching this series while still catching up on older series.

Leon was fantastic again in this episode, I like him a lot.

There were a lot of good moments today. A few quotes too.

Bad Obsession
October 15th, 2007, 1:50 PM
When Larry did the sign language by mistake the first time I thought he was going to be saying 'nigger' and this would be The N Word episode. So want that episode to come around!

Fantastic ep though. Larry trying it on when Cheryl was ill and the exterminator destroying the dog were easily the highlights.

virms
October 16th, 2007, 5:23 AM
When Larry did the sign language by mistake the first time I thought he was going to be saying 'nigger' a

I thought the same thing at first, but I am glad it didn't pan out that way.

The episode overall was tremendous. For some reason it really established Larry and Jeff's friendship to a whole new level to me. The whole conversation of the sick sex really paid off. I mean, I know these guys are with each other through thick and thin, but something about the scene really paid off for me.

What is the deal with the exterminator being the clone of Chris Farley? For fuck sake, the guy was almost a skinny version of him and he was still a fat fuck. Tremendous. I really thought he was going to be a child molester of some sort before he stomped that "rat" :lol:

Another tremendous scene. :yes:

Also, Larry's dad seemingly hooking up with the masseuse was also funny as fuck.

Brilliant episode.

Ringo
October 16th, 2007, 6:15 AM
Class Episode. AGAIN.

Mike the Exterminator was brilliant.

Also, :heart: Leon.

Bad Obsession
October 22nd, 2007, 12:45 PM
So many classic moments in that episode. :rofl:

Loved him talking to himself in Primo as the guy was talking on the phone. I will be so tempted to do that next time I'm sat to someone doing that. Annoys the hell out of me.

"You've got long-ass balls, Larry"

Not to mention possibly the best Larry/Lewis fight yet with Larry's yelp of 'Long balls' at the end of it. :D

To be honest I'm surprised it's taken 6 seasons for Cheryl to leave Larry. It's been the most obvious story waiting to happen. Leading up to something good here me thinks.

Zen
October 22nd, 2007, 1:19 PM
Well in real life Larry and his true wife seperated so why not seperate on the show with Cheryl? He split with his wife before the start of this season.

Bad Obsession
October 22nd, 2007, 2:05 PM
Um..I said I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner... :wtf:

Zen
October 22nd, 2007, 6:30 PM
I worded it wrongly, but I was basically trying to say I agreed with you, although now was probably the best time to do so, since in some ways he writes a lot of his material according to what actually is going on in his life at the moment.

RFF Champ
October 24th, 2007, 1:03 PM
I was walking down the street today and randomly started pissing myself at the whole "You can't pause toast" scene.

Exceptional stuff.

Just Joe
October 24th, 2007, 11:02 PM
I think I will start to carry round mints, tissues and a pen. They are three pretty essential items when you think about it.

virms
October 28th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Fuck the torrents boys

http://d01.megashares.com/?d01=f3051c0

Bad Obsession
October 29th, 2007, 6:57 AM
The stuff with the doctor was so surreal it felt like an old episode of Seinfeld in many ways. A proper 'George story.'

Aunty Ray's run when she thought she saw Larry masturbating was great, not to mention the Black's reaction when they overheard Larry saying nigger... :rofl:

"You said you wouldn't mind if you were bald!"
"YEAH IN 40 YEARS! NOT FUCKING TODAY! NOT OVERNIGHT!"

That was a fantastic episode in general. I could pull out loads more quotes. I had been looking forward to this one since I read there was an episode scheduled with this title and it didn't disappoint.

Two more episodes in this season, is there? It's usually 10. I was surprised by the lack of Cheryl in this one. I guess they'll wrap that story up in the next two.

Surge
November 4th, 2007, 11:21 PM
I love Larry just letting Alan get the fuck beat out of him.

Just Joe
November 5th, 2007, 2:51 PM
:rofl:

That was brilliant. Cracking performance by Coogan. Leon is one of my favourite characters. "..then I will fuck you up." That whole scene was quality, as was the one with Larry pretending to have alzheimer's.

Bad Obsession
November 6th, 2007, 2:50 AM
I liked the whole alzheimer's faking idea but this episode felt a bit weak in comparison to the greatness of the last few weeks. Coogan really didn't do anything that entertaining aside from when the cop car pulled up and he turned around and tried to calmly walk away.

Last episode next week :( I'm so glad Larry has said he wants to do another season though! I would cry if this season was the last when he clearly has some great ideas in him for it still.

RFF Champ
November 6th, 2007, 7:50 AM
"Then I'll fuck you up"

Leon truly is incredible.

I enjoyed the episode, I especially enjoyed Coogan. I'm gutted that next week is it. Luckily I'm still watching old episodes that I've never seen before so I won't be without.

Ringo
November 6th, 2007, 8:31 AM
Rubbish. Coogan was brillo.

Leon is still the greatest person ever though.

Class episode. :yes:

Hack
November 7th, 2007, 11:28 PM
Leon is still the greatest person ever though.

:yes:

Surge
November 7th, 2007, 11:39 PM
I liked the whole alzheimer's faking idea but this episode felt a bit weak in comparison to the greatness of the last few weeks. Coogan really didn't do anything that entertaining aside from when the cop car pulled up and he turned around and tried to calmly walk away.

That scene had me in hysterics. Larry's 'I'm sorry, we're out of time' bit was great. But Leon saying 'and the I'll fuck you up' and then continuing to explain the plan where he fucks Larry up takes the cake. I think that content-wise, this episode was packed.

Hack
November 7th, 2007, 11:44 PM
This was the best episode of the season, you sons of bitches.

Surge
November 7th, 2007, 11:46 PM
For the thirty minutes, it had the most development and events of any show this season. I just wish the female psychiatrist could've had a bit more, I don't know, comic flair.

RFF Champ
November 11th, 2007, 5:49 PM
I'm gutted this is the last week. What am I going to do with my Monday afternoons?

Hopefully Leon and co are back for the next series. Is there even going to be another series? Ahhhh

Bad Obsession
November 11th, 2007, 5:53 PM
I read on the HBO forums that Larry has said he wants to do another. I can't be assed looking for a source but they all seem to be big on Curb so I have hope he changed his mind about this being the last.

If he doesn't get back together with Cheryl tonight they could do a whole season of single Larry!

RFF Champ
November 11th, 2007, 6:02 PM
If he wants to do it and the network is keen on the show then I see no reason why it wouldn't go ahead. I hope there is more to come.

Leon has been truly phenomenal this season, I would hate not to see more of him, also.

Just Joe
November 11th, 2007, 6:15 PM
Yeah, they can definatly get enough material for another Season, maybe more. Really gutted it's the last week. :(

virms
November 11th, 2007, 6:39 PM
Another season basically depends on how overworked Larry gets himself during the writing process. He has said before that he gets so stressed at trying to think of ideas for the show that he is constantly getting ready to call the producers and quit. Once he gets the foundation for the episodes set, then he is all about wanting to make Curb as he enjoys filming scenes.

I hope he goes for another though. HBO can't really afford to lose another good show.

Just Joe
November 12th, 2007, 1:57 PM
That was fucking quality, from start to finish. Gutted it's the last one. Larry acting retarded was golden, I was pissing myself with laughter. Bit of an out there finish but I liked it. The look on Larry's face when Loretta was shouting back at Susie was quality. Presume 'The Blacks' will be back next season then.

Vice
November 12th, 2007, 2:20 PM
Brilliant episode and a brilliant way of ending the season. Like Joe, I thought the end was a bit out there.. but it was lovely. I waited aaaaaaages for someone to finally stand up for Larry and verbally destroy Susie. Phenomenal moment, which gave the ending an epic feel.

I'm so saddened that this season is now over. It was great. Another season better fucking be on the horizon.

Bad Obsession
November 12th, 2007, 2:31 PM
'However, in the interest of full disclosure...I do have a slight tickle in my anus...' :rofl:
Lewis going 'Oh god, it's true, isn't it?' was fantastic also.

Great ending to be honest. Quite a twist but the montage was awesome.

My only complaint would be the recycling of the sign-in book thing. It wasn't really a throwback because they did basically the same story again (he complained, got it changed and then regretted it)

Surge
November 12th, 2007, 3:00 PM
Fantastic episode. Just watched it on On Demand. Perfect.

Just Joe
November 12th, 2007, 7:46 PM
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/1870/ldxmasjs9.jpg

virms
November 13th, 2007, 5:15 AM
Just got done watching it and loved it.

As far as people saying the ending was a bit out there...uh, remember the finale of season 5? :lol:

Just wish this finale was an hour.

Also, Vivica A Fox > Cheryl Hines. Good choice Larry.

Curly Toe
November 13th, 2007, 9:35 AM
Just finished watching it and that was brilliant.

Can't wait for the next season and hopefully there will definitely be one.

Simon
November 13th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Most I've ever laughed at Curb was in that episode.

"I have friends who I can't stand, who I've known for 25 years, still friends with them"
"Why?!"
"Because I stay to the end! Until they're dead!"

The woman's reaction and Larry's reply are fucking brilliant.

RRG
November 13th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Ending was out there but it worked and that's why Larry is such a genius. That episode was beautiful, best ending to a season since the brilliant ending to season 3. I hope to god it's not ended but if it is, what a way to end it.

I'm not an inventer, i'm an improver.

Simon
November 13th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Aren't there another two seasons scheduled already?

Bad Obsession
November 13th, 2007, 11:34 AM
If Larry ever agreed to two seasons in advance we'd all be worried.

jpowers_55
November 15th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Also, Vivica A Fox > Cheryl Hines. Good choice Larry.

You know Vivica is only a year older than Cheryl, 43 to 42, but Vivica looks soo much younger.

hutch
March 25th, 2008, 8:16 PM
BUMP.
I bought the first series about a year ago and loved it, then for some reason didn't follow up and buy the rest. Recently re-watched a few of series 1 and forgot how wonderful it was, and have watched the first 2 eps of series 6 (could be 5 actually) on More4.
Just watched The Bowtie the other night with the racist dog. Absolutely fantastic stuff.
I will be buying the rest of them and posting a lot of quotes over the coming weeks. :yes:

Edgeomatic
March 26th, 2008, 12:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/v/LTmF0_7T7Yw&hl=en (http://youtube.com/watch?v=LTmF0_7T7Yw)

My favorite Curb Your Enthusiasm scene. "Get in that ass, Larry."

hutch
April 21st, 2008, 7:40 PM
Just finished series 2. 'The Doll' is immediately one of my favourite comedy episodes of all time.
"JUDYYYYY!"
I love Larry.

El Capitano Gatisto
April 23rd, 2008, 6:29 AM
The series just finished there was brilliant but there wasn't enough Richard Lewis. He is the best character.

The Rosk
April 23rd, 2008, 6:31 AM
Richard Lewis in Curb is one of the most fantastic characters in modern television. I also don't think you could have a better friend then Jeff. Seriously, someone try and fucking name one.

El Capitano Gatisto
April 23rd, 2008, 1:20 PM
The only time I've ever seen Jeff get angry at Larry, that I can think of, is when he accidently gets his hair shaved off because Larry said nigger and Larry hadn't even really done anything wrong. Every other time Jeff just shrugs his shoulders at whatever ridiculous thing Larry does.

The best line in the entire series is in about the first episode of the whole thing when Richard Lewis tells Larry he wants an answer "by sundown."

Bad Obsession
April 23rd, 2008, 1:24 PM
One of the best moments where Jeff gets mad is when Larry costs Sammy a place at the private school, pissing off Susie beyond belief, then knowing that Jeff has to put up with this thanks to Larry he shouts 'YOU'VE RUINED MY LIFE! YOU'VE FUCKED ME! I HAVE TO LIVE WITH THIS!' or something along those lines.

Found it: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jHJGm5svzsQ

El Capitano Gatisto
April 23rd, 2008, 1:27 PM
Oh yeah that too.

Cactus Lem
April 23rd, 2008, 2:08 PM
The only time I've ever seen Jeff get angry at Larry, that I can think of, is when he accidently gets his hair shaved off because Larry said nigger and Larry hadn't even really done anything wrong. Every other time Jeff just shrugs his shoulders at whatever ridiculous thing Larry does.

The best line in the entire series is in about the first episode of the whole thing when Richard Lewis tells Larry he wants an answer "by sundown."

He gets angry in the first series when Larry calls him a 'Fat Fuck'.

I don't get the Lewis love, he's alright, but it's all about Jeff and Funkhauser on the support cast.

Ringo
April 23rd, 2008, 2:11 PM
Marty's class. Richard is considerably better though.

Leon's obviously the best, but Richard is a close second.

Bad Obsession
April 23rd, 2008, 2:14 PM
I have to echo the Lewis love. Has anybody seen or got links to his stand-up? I'd love to see some.

Cactus Lem
April 23rd, 2008, 6:55 PM
Marty's class. Richard is considerably better though.

Leon's obviously the best, but Richard is a close second.

I dunno, I think every situation with Funkhauser has just been hilarious due to what opposities Larry and Funkhauser are. I like Lewis and all, but I'm not getting the love here.

Jeff's great because he almost eggs Larry on at times, plus I think he knows if it wasn't for his wife, he may be a lot more like Larry himself. The fact Jeff understands Larry more than anyone else adds some great moments at times as well, some of their one on one chats are great.

I forgot about Leon though, but yeh, he's been brilliant. Was watching the Crazy Eyes Killa episode the other week, seem's obvious to me that Leon was cast due to just how good the chemistry between Larry and Crazy Eyes was.

El Capitano Gatisto
April 23rd, 2008, 7:02 PM
Richard Lewis just comes out with quality lines and the amount of times you can see he has actually made Larry David crack up is ridiculous.

The Rosk
April 24th, 2008, 11:52 AM

How about shut up and remember when he cost him the seat at the Lakers by tripping over Shaq. Didn't remember that one did you, you fucking wanker.

El Capitano Gatisto
April 24th, 2008, 1:10 PM
No I didn't really remember any but he doesn't get angry as often as he should.

Beefy
May 25th, 2008, 8:37 AM
I don't really know why, but I've only got around to watching the second half of season six this weekend. Just finished the final episode. What a brilliant and beautiful episode.

Loretta putting Suzie in her place at the end was absolute genius.

Season 7 has recently been unofficially confirmed by Susie Essman, who told the New York Post that she has already started to film some scenes[citation needed]. In an interview, Richard Lewis said David seems "very energetic and very upbeat, which usually means that he's come up with an arc for the next season."[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curb_your_enthusiasm#Season_7

Jay
May 25th, 2008, 3:50 PM

I really hope it's true. :heart: CYE.

virms
March 8th, 2009, 3:59 AM

Sweet fancy Moses! The cast of Seinfeld will reunite on Curb Your Enthusiasm. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

The central quartet of the blockbuster NBC sitcom — Jerry Seinfeld, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Michael Richards and Jason Alexander — has signed on for a multi-episode arc on the HBO show, according to Entertainment Weekly.

To connect the dots, Curb star Larry David was a co-creator and executive producer of Seinfeld. Seinfeld, Louis-Dreyfus and Alexander have all previously made individual appearances on Curb, but this will mark the first time the quartet has appeared together on television since Seinfeld went off the air in 1998.

There's still no word from HBO on when the next season of Curb Your Enthusiasm will air, but a source tells me that fall 2009 is a safe bet.

Probably the last season and what a way to go out.

Fro
March 8th, 2009, 4:06 AM
YES

Vice
March 8th, 2009, 4:36 AM
Brilliant news.

Curly Toe
March 8th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Amazing.

H2K
March 8th, 2009, 2:59 PM
:eek: Can't wait! Wonder if they touch on Michael Richards' controversy, especially since Larry is living with the Blacks. I can just imagine Leon's reaction.

Jay
March 9th, 2009, 5:01 PM
Get. The fuck. In.

Zen
March 9th, 2009, 5:13 PM
He gets angry in the first series when Larry calls him a 'Fat Fuck'.

I don't get the Lewis love, he's alright, but it's all about Jeff and Funkhauser on the support cast.

Funkhauser? Seriously? Richards owns that guy. He owns Jeff as well.

Excited to hear about the Seinfeld castmembers going to be appearing in many episodes in the next season. Cannot wait.

El Capitano Gatisto
March 9th, 2009, 5:34 PM
Richard Lewis is brilliant. More Lewis please.

Cactus Lem
March 10th, 2009, 2:24 PM
Funkhauser? Seriously? Richards owns that guy. He owns Jeff as well.

I'm not talking about Funkhauser's ability, I'm talking about his interaction with Larry. Larry is such a bastard to him and Funkhauser is just such an idiot that you always know you're gonna get something hilariously funny. Larry just destroys him every time and I love it.

Zen
March 11th, 2009, 4:45 PM
I'm not talking about Funkhauser's ability, I'm talking about his interaction with Larry. Larry is such a bastard to him and Funkhauser is just such an idiot that you always know you're gonna get something hilariously funny. Larry just destroys him every time and I love it.

Yeah, but Larry and Richard have that give and take and give down pat, simply due to being best of friends. The way they act towards each other, you'd never suspect they could maintain such a friendship for a long period of time, yet that bond is what allows them to be that way in the end. I just find their relationship on screen and their interaction so much more amusing because Funk just cant bring it like Richie boy can.

Zen
July 31st, 2009, 5:14 PM
http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=423618&GT1=28103

Pretty, pretty...pretty..pretty good!

tlk23
July 31st, 2009, 6:45 PM
Here's another article on it.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3ia2224c3f78e5a3ce5eed128ffe0de6e2

Surge
July 31st, 2009, 11:34 PM

Found it:

Richard: You'd better call me later on, alright? By sundown.
Larry: "By sundown"? What are you... what are you, Gary Cooper? "By sundown"? What's gonna happen?
Richard: That's funny. You know, I'm tryin' not to laugh, but that's funny.
Larry: Yeah, okay.
Richard: You better call me by sundown.
Larry: "By sundown"? Is the posse gonna come get me?

Fro
August 2nd, 2009, 4:46 PM
Season premiere on September 20... damn that's close! Can't wait for the Seinfeld reunion, sounds like it'll all culminate in the finale.

Jay
August 2nd, 2009, 5:05 PM
Excellent news.

Curb on the 20th, Dexter the following week on the 27th. Great stuff.

Curly Toe
August 3rd, 2009, 7:49 PM
Great news.

The bad news is that I loaned Season 1 to a mate and he doesn't like it. :no: